Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty. I want to tell you, Gor Sutch.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind.
Speaker 3: And you will pay the price.
Speaker 1: You won't know what's hit you. That was the most powerful Democrat in the Senate threatening Republican appointed Supreme Court justices.
Speaker 4: That's one of the most disgusting things ever said. You're really a leader of either party, it really is. They're dating back to Jim Crow.
Speaker 1: There's way too much threatening by all the powerful on both sides, unfortunately, but.
Speaker 2: That was really really all.
Speaker 4: So you have an atmosphere or the rhetoric against the Supreme Court for disagreeing with your particular politics right now anyway, you know, it's worth a quick aside. When for sixty five years the lefty justices controlled the Supreme Court, conservatives would just say, hey, I don't agree with that, that's wrong. But now that conservatives have some level of control, you hear that sort of absolutely horrifying rhetica.
Speaker 1: And that's barely true. We went through all the statistics last week with what's.
Speaker 2: Her name that we really like.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Anastasia Both Yeah, we went through this foundation. It's just not it's just not true.
Speaker 1: In fact, all of Trump's biggest things, his justice has won against him McCourt when it gains him his biggest things to tariffs and and birthright citizenship and stuff like that. So the whole it's a Republican maga court. Even if it were true, it wouldn't be something you should complain about, as you just pointed out, it was a Democrat led court forever.
Speaker 2: But it's just not true.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I do want to talk more about the birthright citizenship ruling, which I found lame. But yeah, so it's purely this vile rhetoric against the Supreme Court is purely a fundraising voter enthusiasm strategy. But it's incredibly irresponsible and dangerous, so dangerous in fact, that a couple of the Lady Justices went before Congress yesterday to say, hey, we need more and better security.
Speaker 3: The Supreme Court Police reports a thirty eight percent increase and threats to members of the Court over the past year, threats that Justice Barrett described firsthand.
Speaker 5: I didn't expect that performing this service was going to put me in the position of explaining to my children what a bulletproofest was and why I had to wear one.
Speaker 1: Justice Kagan argued the security measures are necessary in today's threat environment. Some of us, those threats have come very close, and all of us live with a non knowledge that they may again materialize. We all know about Kavanaugh, where they actually arrested a guy who's in prison still with an assassination threat against him, caught him outside his house with a gun and zip tized and all kinds of stuff that would have been awful, really really awful. Kagan went on to talk about how she is to go around with no security all the time. She could go wherever she wanted, and now she has to have security always right. In his end of the year report for twenty twenty four, Chief Justice Roberts said threats against the judges had more than tripled in the last decade. Federal marshals had investigated more than a thousand threats against judges in the previous five years. Hundreds of federal judges have faced threats this year, and Justice Kagan said the Supreme Court Police Force is projecting a thirty eight percent threat increase this year on top of the twenty five percent increase last year. And as Jack said, she described the minimal minimal security when she joined the court in twenty ten, when she clerked for Enton and Scalea, the justices didn't have twenty four hour protection.
Speaker 2: They didn't need it.
Speaker 4: So it's all about these times we're living in the political rhetoric. Justice Barrett went on when.
Speaker 5: Threats to my life were particularly intense a few years ago, around the time of the Dobsleek, my security detail sent me home with a bulletproof vest and I carried it into my house, put it into my bedroom, dropped it down on a table, turned around, and my twelve year old son was standing in the doorway of my bedroom and he wanted to know what it was and why I had it, And I didn't know how to respond.
Speaker 4: And Justice Barrett, who has been a bit of a wobbly vote, certainly from Trump's perspective or maybe even from the conservative perspective, is probably getting it from both sides. Her home was targeted in a swatting attack, and then she told lawmakers, multiple deliveries arrive in the name of and this should have made the news, but I guess it takes too much explaining. They get packages at their home, but the name is of the son of Federal Judge Esther Salas's son murdered in twenty twenty at the family's home by a gunman posting as a delivery driver. So the Barrett family gets packages addressed to young mister Solace at their hard.
Speaker 2: For God's sake, people, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: You would question whether or not you should have taken the job, or whether you should step down.
Speaker 4: I would you know, if I'm bring a bullet because I decided to become a Supreme Court justice, that's terrible.
Speaker 2: But if I see my child shot down, right, it's unimaginable anyway.
Speaker 4: So the two justices were requesting some extra money from Congress to beef up security around the justices, and it's a no brainer. I hope it goes through immediately and with the unanimous vote. It's terrible that it's needed, but it absolutely is needed. And the question we always ask in this sort of discussion, will it ever go back?
Speaker 1: I doubt it. Security stuff doesn't seem to ever go back. I mean, one hundred and fifty years ago, you could walk up to the White House and knock on the door, and then little by little over time it has become a fortress. Now you can barely get close enough to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They mentioned in the Wall Street Journal that Senator Sheldon white House of the Democratic Rhoda Island, has made smearing the justices as corrupt a personal mission.
Speaker 2: He's constantly saying stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to make this partisan, because well, the New York Times had a big story, oh sixty minutes did it too. They did their story about justices under threat below the level of the Supreme Court. They focused on that woman you just mentioned whose son was killed, which didn't really have to do with her politics are judging weirdly enough, but regardless, they made it all about Trump. Trump has said horrible things about all your lower level courts, and all those justices feel scared. And they left out the Supreme Court because if they had gotten into the Supreme Court, you'd have had to focus on the fact that Joe Biden said many, many, many times the Ultramaga Supreme Court it's a rubber stamp for Trump and all that sort of thing. Illegitimate court guy that used to be the chair of the Judicial Committee. You would think would know better than to pretend that the justices were just doing the bidding of Donald Trump, especially when it's not true.
Speaker 2: Right now, but it's everything's clickbait.
Speaker 4: Everything's about fundraising and whipping up the electric and yeah for in the name of being fair. Yeah, Trump has said some ridiculous things about the horrible court.
Speaker 2: Just terrible, horrible, horrible, horrible. Yeah, they come out with some of those.
Speaker 1: You know, it happens twice a week where a sitting judge in Omaha has declared Trump can't do this or that, and then Trump will say all kinds of horrible things about the guy or woman. I had another point I was going to make about the justices and saying something about the justices and oh yeah, the Amy Cony Barrett thing, the sweating thing. I think the timing of that was after she went against one of Trump's big as the tariffs are one of them, so it quite possibly was a mega person. That means there's nos, yeah, yeah, everything that's making any difference.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any difference. You gotta stop. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Indeed, hey, quick order from our friends that in Cogni we're all getting them all day, right, the spam calls, the scam text, the sketchy emails all have your name on them, or to get that info. Well, they found you on a data broker's site. All your info is sitting there until you order them to take it off. But you don't have time to do that all day. That's where in Cogni comes in. Yeah, this is what they do.
Speaker 1: They go at those data brokers with the law on their side, legally force them to remove your information. We're using incognity to get our names and info away from these data brokers.
Speaker 2: They can't spam you if they can't.
Speaker 4: And it's not like there are three data brokers, there are hundreds of them, and in Cogniti gets them, They tell them take that stuff off, and then they go back again and again and make sure it stays off. Right now, you get sixty percent off with an exclusive deal at in Cogni dot com slash armstrong. Go to i ncog n i dot com slash armstrong take back your privacy one more time. That's in cognity dot com slash armstrong to get sixty percent off in Cogniti dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: What is cable news like talking about diarrhea. Yeah, I've noticed that. And explosive Is that the word that we're hearing?
Speaker 1: Usually usually that's the word they use, Yes, for bleuey, that's yeah. Why do you suppose they like talking about that because we all hate it so much? It gets your attention. What's causing that? I want to avoid?
Speaker 2: What's causing that?
Speaker 4: Well, if somebody says disease causing a runny nose, we'll have information next. I might stay tuned, but I probably won't avoid. But the ed the ed the expression.
Speaker 2: I'm staying to.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they got the tips to avoid the explosion.
Speaker 2: Avoid pre washed bagged salads. I always thought those were safe. I thought those were the safest ones. Mmm. Okay, they don't wash them very well. You know how I avoid it? Yeah, I do. I don't need no dang salad. That's why I pray for your colon. I just had it checked out. I had a physical I'm as I'm perfect.
Speaker 4: Oh Lord, please protect Jack's colon in spite of the abuse he he'sponed I have.
Speaker 2: I was recognizing this. Thank you God for that.
Speaker 1: Just to do genetics, I got the genetics of I'm just predisposed to have local lesterol, low blood pressure, all that sort of stuff. No matter what I do, so I'm protected against this, this sort of crazy thing.
Speaker 4: You come from hardy stock. It's a blessing. I don't know if that's correct. I catch every cold that comes my way, that's true. But you're still kicking your folks are still doing great, right, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, very very much fantastic.
Speaker 2: Oh man, we got all sorts of good stuff to talk about.
Speaker 4: Former Miss North Dakota has pled guilty to daycare fraud Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Damn North Dakota.
Speaker 1: Carpetbaggers for Miss North Dakota went over to Minnesota to rip off taxpayers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because anybody.
Speaker 4: Who wanted to steal from Minnesota, good right, thanks to Governor.
Speaker 2: What's its the lame brain? Now?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: We almost vp.
Speaker 1: We went through with Katie Grimes last week, the fraud in California, which makes Minnesota seem like nothing.
Speaker 2: It's just the amount of money that gets stolen from us.
Speaker 1: And as I always say before we take a break, I don't understand why you liberals aren't more upset about this than conservatives. We wish that the government didn't have a role in any of this stuff. There are all these programs would just go away. You like the programs, So why, I mean you you think they should exist. I assume because you want to help people. They aren't helping people. They're stealing the money. That should make you more angry than me. Actually, because you're stealing it. That's how stupid politics is.
Speaker 4: Though, any criticism of the program I'm in favor of, including the fact that it's being stolen from, I won't accept that. I'm going to pretend that it's not happening. And the effect of it is you exactly point out, is that what you want to happen doesn't happen because it's getting stolen from your stupid idiot.
Speaker 1: I think giving the downtrodden money enables them. I don't want to give them the money. They aren't getting the money I'm winning. I just hate that in terms of that issue, I just hate the fact that it's being stolen as opposed to I get to keep the money.
Speaker 4: Good Lord. That was the voice of the patriarchy right there, folks. That was shocking. Doesn't want to help the downtrodden. You're in favor of income equality, inequality anyway?
Speaker 2: Yes, for that one. Damn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well ye, actually I am A system that would try to make it equal is not going to work Tonightmarrey.
Speaker 2: It would be oppression, be horrible.
Speaker 4: Speaking of which, did you know a contingent of Americans went to the Ayah Toola's funeral. No, I'll tell you all about it, fantastic, among other things on the way, Marstrow.
Speaker 5: To me, capitalism at its core not a redeemable system, nar.
Speaker 4: Raed see saying in capitalism then we were talking about the Democratic Socialists of America yesterday.
Speaker 3: We're not here to make the democrats a little bit better. We're here to actually enact socialism. And socialism is not just better capitalism. It's overthrowing an entire, entire capitalisty.
Speaker 4: It's our duty, dsay to cultivate this power. So they want to actually overthrow capitalism in the Constitution.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Got this note from Steve in Beautiful Eugene Oregon. I remember taking an oath when I enlisted in the Marine Corps and again when I swore in as a law enforcement officer. Quote, I solemnly swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign.
Speaker 2: And domestic, which he put in bold face.
Speaker 4: Sure seems we have a fifth column, well funded and open about what they want, who qualify as domestic enemies.
Speaker 2: I would agree. I remember as a.
Speaker 4: Kid learning about the First Amendment, the one exception they always gave was you can't threaten the violent overthrow the United States government, and the DSA is more or less doing that. The Special Report with Brett Bear last night had a report on the DSA. I think they're gonna do a little series on them. It was very milk toasty.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean after we went through all those various factions in the DSA yesterday that.
Speaker 2: Are out and out maoists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are like four or five different openly communist factions of the DSSA who are part of the ruling committee. But yeah, I think old Brett maybe and over a bit too far backward to try to be fair and balanced these balanced. These people are communists bent on the overthrow of the United States. But you can just say it anyway. I thought this was interesting. Did you know a group of young influencers went to American influencers went to Iyotolaja Manes funeral.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I did not know. That I knew that the was it some New York Times. I think they had reporters there, but I didn't know about influencers being there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a group of young Americans were there, with at least one waving a flag and chanting down with the USA. I didn't know that that one was Jackson Hinkel, co founder of the American Communist Party the Red Green Alliance.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody out there who still thinks that with.
Speaker 4: Some sort of paranoid fantasy, I came up with the Red Green Alliance is a thing is Loamists and communists have the same goal overthrow Western civilization. So they joined together, each one secretly thinking after the revolution.
Speaker 2: I'll take over anyway.
Speaker 4: So Jackson Hankel was their founder of the American Commedy Party, accompanied by Christopher Halali, another ACP founding member and high Bailiff of Orange County, Vermont, a government official, and Max Blumenthal, editor of The Gray Zone, a far left site known for its favorable coverage of the Chinese, Russian, and Venezuelan governments, And of course, young Kala Walsh, the child Democrat political star turned to Islamist that the Free Press has actually written about a fair amount. She is a classic wealthy young woman who's turned to radical politics.
Speaker 2: She absolutely you know, I have no knowledge that she plans on this.
Speaker 4: I absolutely could see her as an early seventies style radical activist who perpetrates acts of violence.
Speaker 2: She's that far down the line.
Speaker 4: And one of these jackasses was apparently behind the internet rumor that the Argentina beating Egypt thing was a Zionist conspiracy rigged by a Jewish referee.
Speaker 2: Wasn't Jewish? These people are not.
Speaker 4: Go and waving a flag down with the USA at the Ayatolis funeral.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna be led back into the country.
Speaker 1: You know. My favorite part of Argentina versus Egypt, aside from the fact have you watched you the last ten minutes yet?
Speaker 2: That is an exciting ten minutes of soccer.
Speaker 1: You pick it up at about almost eighty minutes because it looks like it's completely over and Argentina is gonna lose. But anyway, the Egyptian fans were the big pharaohheads, which I think is a hilarious look.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: In terms of rooting, Yeah, there's so much downtime in soccer. You gotta come up with chance and costumes and all kinds of different things to kill the time. Uh yeah, it's not downtime. They're playing. There's just not much happening during the playing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's the voice of ignorance. Folks.
Speaker 4: There's a lot happening, it's just not particularly interest.
Speaker 2: Got to get the ball from way over there to way over there. It takes a minute.
Speaker 1: There's a lot more walking than I realized. I saw a video where they were featuring Holland the Viking, striking Viking guy, and they just stayed on him. A lot more walking than you realize. To rest up in between your sprints, didn't held a fascinating FIFA thought coming up, we'll get this.
Speaker 6: United Airlines is introducing a premium row that will have an empty middle seat with a trade table for the island window.
Speaker 2: Seats to share.
Speaker 6: Oh they're also releasing an ultra cheap option where you sit in the middle seat and everyone eats off your lap.
Speaker 1: What uh the last most recent time I flew. It's just all the add ons. So you see a price and you think, Okay, that's what it's going to cost for me to fly from here to there. But then you start, you know, because there's four legs to the trip to there and two back or whatever. And you start choosing your seats and then do you want to eat anything or all these various things, and then the ticket is way different yeah than it originally was, like, not even close to the same amount.
Speaker 4: Everything's all a cart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Soon they're gonna say, would you like a seat mate who weighs less than two hundred and fifty pounds. That's an extra fifteen dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take one bag, and you're in a chargement extra eighty bucks or whatever for checking a bag, so that's not part of the ticket. And then I want you what is the original ticket price you're giving me if it doesn't include a seat. Then you pick a seat and the cheapest one is adds twenty nine dollars. Well, well, then what was the ticket price you gave me? So you gave me a little.
Speaker 4: Pate and switching what standing room you get your strap hanger. Well that's not an option. If we an option, that would be fine, But so you gave me a price. It's like it'll cost forty dollars to get this restaurant. And then you sit down and they say, if you want food, you got, you gotta give us just much money. Yeah, even having a single salteine is nineteen more, right, ninety dollars more? Yeah, what is that price? That price doesn't exist. It's a it's a bait and switchy little hook.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: We were talking to World Cup soccer, so we got our news person out in the newsroom, Jensen who she said she was a vote rooting for England because the underdog, and I thought, I don't think that's true.
Speaker 2: I looked up.
Speaker 1: You know, England is the favorite against Argentina today, so if you primarily want to root for the underdog, that's the defending champion, Argentina with their old man Messy as their star. But so I'm written for Argentina for some reason, no particular reason whatsoever. I mentioned that there's way more walking in soccer than I'd ever realized before, because I saw a great focused on the big blonde guy Holland for Norway. Too bad they got knocked out of the tournament. Were they just striking Viking where they just followed him with the camera and I had you don't usually notice this or whatever, but there's a lot of him just walking down the entire what is it about one hundred yards so long, the field's bas more than bigger than a football field. Just walking a lot, just walking, and then the ball came near him and then all of a sudden, boom like lightning. He was there and kicked a goal. But he had walked all the way.
Speaker 2: Down there, so I didn't realize you got to rest that much. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a key, honestly to being fresh, because these guys, you know, they've been playing for ninety minutes and they sprint like maniacs. That's why they you know, they conserve their energy. You want to hear a fascinating FIFA World Cup factor corrupt? Is that the fascinating fact? No, everybody knows that the British, the England team, the three Lions, they call.
Speaker 2: Him Ah because that's what's on the shirt.
Speaker 4: They've scored thirteen goals, zero of them by a player who plays in the English Premier League, where they're best players for a very very long time have played. And they think the reason for that is the Premier League is so competitive and they play so many games and they play so hard that by the time it's World Cup time, those guys are worn out, they've got nothing left. And so the guys who play like in the Spanish League or you know, one of the other many euro soccer leagues, they're a lot fresher because it's kind of a more laid back deal.
Speaker 1: So if I'm a brit do I like that or hate that? I mean, because obviously you care about winning the World Cup. But if you follow soccer in your country, wouldn't you want your countrymen to play for your teams? I would, but I don't know how that goes culturally. Do I care if our you know, exciting young strikers a Spaniard? Really I root for American sports, where you swap players and they're from all over the world, and you swap them every a couple of years, and every year your new roster is unrecognizable, So I don't know if it matters.
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the other thing about soccer, and you have talked about this for years and I never watched soccer, so I was only kind of aware of it. What's what the historyonics the acting? Like your femur was broken and the bone is sticking out through the skin when somebody brushes up next to you.
Speaker 4: What multiple compound fractures. Part of it is just trying to draw foul. It's it's it's flopping.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but there's a difference between flopping and acting like you're in so much pain, just writhing in pain. In our sports, in the NFL, you do the opposite. You walk off the field if the bone is sticking out, to show you're a tough guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My favorite one was a mem a cartoon hockey player, hold onto my teeth until my shift is over. Soccer player guy ran by me writhing on the ground right like he's been shot. Uh, you know, And I used to really think that was so despicable and stupid. Part of it's trying to draw owl the part of it. Part of it is my team just had like a really aggressive attack. Everybody needs a breath. I roll around on the ground for a minute, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw one of those uh with France and UH in Spain where a guy was down for a long time.
Speaker 4: So that might have been a breather, right, Yeah, that's part of it. Yeah, and you just want to get in the head of the referee. Boy, are really beating up on those guys today. I better look out for fouls It's all kind of, you know, several different things.
Speaker 1: At once France lost, they were the favorite to win the whole bang thing. They lost as they got shut out, didn't score a goal. I mean it was like it's like the Germans coming through.
Speaker 2: Something, something marching in the shade. Something. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was on an Alaska cruise, as I've been describing for the last couple of days, with a handful, a pretty good handful of folks from feign Lands who are super super into the World Cup, and the consensus at one table I was sitting at with a bunch of Euros was that, oh yeah, nobody can touch France. They are head and shoulders above everybody else and off they go Spain.
Speaker 2: Looked great anyway. That's probably enough soccer talk.
Speaker 4: Oh except that Argentine and England hate each other because of a bunch of controversial games through like the last century and the Fuck Islands War. So it's going to be quite the set to today if you get a chance to watch it, watch it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I'll throw in my story here. So some talk yesterday about how the FBI this is the match they're gonna have to put the most security into because of the long standing rivalry between England and Argentina, and as an American, I'm like, what, And we have rivalries in this country, not like they do in the rest of the world, which I didn't know anything about until I was in I was in Italy many years ago, gladys and I just happened to be there because I'm not a soccer fan. I wasn't there for this. Sienna was playing Florence in soccer doesn't seem like it would be to me at all. It's like, you know, Springfield and Shelbyville are having a match, big deal. And so I got to town and there was a ring around the entire city of Sienna with cops and barricades and all kinds of security like I had never seen at that time anywhere in my life. And it was all because Sienna and Florence were playing each other. And they hate each other so much. They have so many fights and bombings and stabbings and everything anytime they played each other soccer because of some battle they fought in fifteen thirty eight, and that's why they work out.
Speaker 4: And that's why they're still so mad at each other. I'd tell you what, never turn your back on a CN and the amount of security they had for this soccer match was just amazing.
Speaker 1: And if they get that, they weren't allowing anybody from Florence in or anybody who was rooting for Florence. So if they found anything like the colors or any indication whatsoever that you're rooting for the Florence team going into Siena, they wouldn't allow you in there.
Speaker 2: I just said, this is nuts. We don't do this in the United States.
Speaker 1: Is as angry as we get about Dodgers, Giants or whatever, we don't have to have ring the stadium with this level of security, which I found pretty interesting on its own. And like my buddy, I think that it's about sixty miles apart Florence and Siena. Florence is the way more famous city, but they're about the same size and their rivals. And my buddy lived in Sienna and his family had been there for hundreds of years. He lived in this four hundred year old house, very very cool, near this city square in Siena. But he hated Florence. He just hated it. He never went there. Wow, he would not go to Florence, even though each each city had to go in the separate end of this Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. There were only one way in and one way out for different fans, and they sat you in different sections so you couldn't possibly come across each other.
Speaker 2: Wild yeah.
Speaker 4: I've seen that in a couple of international matches where they'll have the cops from whatever is the host land sitting. There's like a line of cops between the two sections of the stand and if anybody gets too close to the cops or tries to cross it, by god, there's going.
Speaker 2: To be a night sticking. It's unbelieva.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So this particular friend of mine, he wouldn't go to Florence, he wouldn't go to France. He hated the French so much. I know another English guy that's never been to France because he hates the French so more. And we have this view in America of Europe being so much more sophisticated and above it.
Speaker 2: All than we are.
Speaker 1: And how many people do you know in the United States who I've never set foot in Oklahoma, you know, or who are like that? Nobody, I've never known anybody like that, right, right, But it's pretty common in Europe. If you've ever bought the absolute hogwash that the America is the most racist country on earth, how about you ask a Chinese person about the Japanese, or ask a Filipino about either one of them, just for instance, or ask us Cnan about what.
Speaker 2: Was the other place? Florence, Florence. Yeah, damn Florencer's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Hey, weor' from our friends at rough Greens, America's number one dog supplement.
Speaker 2: It's all natural and made in the USA.
Speaker 4: It's all about keeping your beloved pop healthier, happier and energetic for longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Roughgreens all natural, made the United States. Twenty vitamins and minerals, live, probiotics, enzymes, omega oil stuff you sprinkle on your current dog's food to make it much healthier. Lots of dogs are feeling younger, more energetic, happier and healthier. And you can try it for nothing. So why wouldn't you get a free Jumpstar trial bag today? You just cover the shipping and you go to Roughgreens dot com and you use the discount code Armstrong.
Speaker 2: You spell it, are you ff? Like if a dog was spelling it? Oh?
Speaker 4: That's charming? Are you ffgreens dot Com. The discount code is Armstrong for that free Jumpstar trial bag. Again, you just pay the shipping Roughgreens dot Com code Armstrong. Roughgreens makes any dogfood better. Roughgreens dot Com use that code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: So the story didn't get a near as much of attention as it probably should have, and it's going to disappear. The New York Post had it and Politico. Those are the only major news organizations I've seen covered at all. Chuck Grassley, who's ninety two years old running the Senate Judiciary Committee, yesterday revealed that old Jack Smith, you remember him investigating everything that was Trump, His office had spied on forty four different lawmakers from both parties, house members and senators, where he read all their emails, all their texts for a long time, completely blowing up any constitutional rights that these people have against that sort of thing. He just went around him and just read their emails and texts. And Chuck Grassley had it yesterday, and it's getting very little attention. I think it'd be I think partially because it's bipartisan and if he can't choose one side or another, it's not a fun story.
Speaker 4: Well, that's an incredible trampling of the division of the branches of government. You know, wow, boy, I think your point is right. It's discouraging, but it's true. There's no Trump is right or Trump is wrong to be decided on this, just kind of whatever. No, it takes a little explaining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were spying on Karen Bass and Corey Booker and all kinds of Democrats, along with lots of Republicans, Susan Collins, Tom Cotton, Eleast, Stephanic whatever, but reading their personal emails and texts.
Speaker 2: That's wild. Yeah, not cool, awful.
Speaker 1: How about that happens so much more than we know you think, then we'll never know. M Just like it work somebody wherever you work, because it's in the fine print. They're reading all your emails, all your texts. Yeah, so is Mark Zuckerberg. It's fine, good luck.
Speaker 4: I enjoy it. It's boring, boring exactly. Yeah, Hey, coming up, you mentioned this yesterday, Jack and I did a little digging into it, and it's absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: The Chicago Teachers.
Speaker 4: Union, they probably ought to all be rounded up and putting some sort of prison camp. They're avalidly communists. They're joining with the DSA. They're radical, radical leftists. We'll tell you about some of their and goings and lots and pro Iran against the United States. Yeah, what the hell the teachers these people have? Never mind? Do they have access to our children? They've got practically exclusive access to our children for eight hours a day.
Speaker 2: Good god, what are we letting happen under our watch? Here?
Speaker 1: That and other stuff on the way.
Speaker 7: Russia has taken enormous casualties in this war. The latest estimate by some researchers is that it may have lost as many as five hundred thousand killed one point four million injured and killed in this war. And the other problem is is that the Kremlin wants to pretend to most Russians that this war is quite far away.
Speaker 1: Stunning numbers, almost half a million dead, they're approaching the numbers we had in our civil war on both sides together.
Speaker 4: World War II wesk numbers right at least for some of the major combatants.
Speaker 1: And Vietnam was a hangover in this country that continues decades later. Sixty seventy thousand dead, Russia's lost a half a million men.
Speaker 2: That is just stunning. To take a little chunk of Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just amazing, and Putin is desperate in a number of different ways. The deep into Russia, attacked by Ukrainian drones among other things, but also just the need for more cannon fodder. It's all horrifying. Patrick Ravel on ABC News continues.
Speaker 7: Russia has been reluctant to declare a general mobilization, so it's not able to call on all of its huge population. Instead, it basically needs people to sign up who are willing to come for money. And that is something that we heard again and again and again from the Russian troops that we spoke to at this pow camp that the main reason they had come to fight was for money.
Speaker 1: Not knowing and not reading the papers, I guess, not reading the New York Times knowing what a way to when you get to Russia.
Speaker 4: That's the convenience of controlling the media for all. Vladimir Putin. Yeah, they talked to these people at Ukrainian prisoner or war camps, the Russians being held because now they can be honest because they have nothing to hide anymore.
Speaker 2: But it gets even worse.
Speaker 7: There is a network of different visa and employment companies that are sometimes Russian and are sometimes local, and they some of them are trying to recruit the man openly saying you will come to Russia, you will join the Russian nursery, and you will get citizenship and money, and you will get quite a sizeable sign on bonus.
Speaker 4: That was headited perhaps a bit too tightly, the recruiting for soldiers in Africa. Both government and private recruiters are going into Africa promising all those things, and the folks think, wow, I could really change my family's lives forever. Yeah, it sounds like a nice job I'm getting in Russia.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do it.
Speaker 4: Then you end up with a gun in your hand and a gun at your back, and as Jack pointed out, your life expectancy once you hit the front lines is twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Which is just unimaginable. You can't believe that it's even true. That was a Peter Baker story in the New York Times several weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Twenty minutes. Once you get to the front and you're dead. And there's more.
Speaker 7: One research that said to me, they use the African fighters mostly as cannon fodder. They come over, they're often not well trained, and in any case they then force them towards the front line because they want to use them in an assault wave. They want to send this wave of bodies forward to try and exhaust Ukrainian troops and ammunition.
Speaker 1: I can see how as a Ukrainian you would do what you gotta do, but that's got to wear on your soul to kill all these people who you know, just are Oh my god, here comes another wave of them when we're going to kill them all, All right, let's do it.
Speaker 2: What a choice do we have? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fastest way to end this and keep my country is to do that.
Speaker 2: No choice. Yeah, one more clip.
Speaker 7: We were taking into another yard and lined up there with just lots of men from Africa, Southeast Asia, some from Egypt for a variety of reasons, had ended up in the Russian military. There's been many twists in this war, and this is yet another unexpected one.
Speaker 4: And as we were discussing yesterday, the corruption in the Russian military, it runs from the top to the very bottom, or even at the squad level. Whoever the sergeant in charge of the squad makes you bribe him or you're the cannon fodder. And so every level of command in the Russian military is getting a financial incentive for keeping this going because they steal from and demand bribes from every wave of poor sons of bitches who end up machine gunned. They're making money hand over fist and are not in a terrible amount of physical danger themselves.
Speaker 1: My prediction this ends, I don't know if it would end it or not. Putin gets taken out by somebody on his side, that is definitely my prediction. Somebody's gonna say this can't continue. There's gonna be a coup, ragious side or whatever you want.
Speaker 2: To call it. That's what it'll take. I think. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, why in the name of God is the Chicago Teachers Union hosting a communist convention?
Speaker 2: We will discuss next hour. That's pro Iran in this war, which is amazing. Yeah, more on the win Armstrong and Getty