Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like go.
Speaker 3: Busting with the bus, hanging with the fans, betting on the game. No woman's gonna tell us what.
Speaker 4: You can not be.
Speaker 1: We're here.
Speaker 3: Just drinking beer and making na baby. I'm hanging with the feelers.
Speaker 5: Busting with the boys, bro ladies and gentlemen. It's hiding the one of Will Compton here for your favorite show involving a bus.
Speaker 2: How we're not on a bus. We're not on a bus. We we are out in Chicago right now shooting a little late Sunday night.
Speaker 5: Sunday Night. Sunday Night Football is actually going on right now. The Falcons are up against the Patrick Mahomes Kansas City Chiefs. One minute left, Patrick Mahomes driving. Haven't seen what happens there.
Speaker 2: Have not seen what happens.
Speaker 5: So if you solely came to this episode to find out what happened in Sunday Night Football, unfortunately we don't have the answers for you that or Monday Night football because we don't have the answer. We don't have the answers. I will tell you this. We have been doing this for a month now, dude, telling people to subscribe. At the beginning of the show, and it's repetitive, it's redundant, it's all the things that could cause the everyday viewer to be like, come on, guys, let's stop begging. But it works. We're noticing that new viewers when we just asked this question, just please do us a favor and just press the button that says subscribe. Does it change your life at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Does it change our life at all? Absolutely? Yes. So let's just get that out of the way. Shame must ask. Go and press that subscribe button. And while you do, I'm going to tell you about the most durable, reliable vehicle on the world road, and that is the Chevy Svado, which we are presented by. There's a reason why you've never done a tier talk of best pickup trucks, and that's because for busting with the boys, there's only one pickup truck that is the Chevy Sierrado. Why is that? Silverado is a partner, a partner you can depend on. We've spent time driving and using Silverado's for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans. Silverado is a partner with us on the Spring tour and will be again on the Fall tour. By the way, the Fall Tour has been incredible. Yeah, it's been amazing.
Speaker 2: Cannot wait to get out to Ohio State and Oregon here in a couple of week.
Speaker 5: Yes, cannot wait to get out to Oregon when they play a house state. I think that just you said it right. I want to make sure you were good. Silverado was a partner up. Silverado brings the grit to legendary grit, paired with modern truck tech inside and out, massive screens, up to eight cameras and fourteen different views to help make driving, towing, and parking all easier. We love the bold, blacked out look of the new Silverado HD Trail Boss. There's a reason Chevy is America's most awarded brand for vehicle over the last three years, according to JD Power. So head over to Chevy dot com and build your Silverado and Silverado HD and check out all the current offers on Silverado. Discover a world of strength and capability, all behind the wheel of your favorite truck. The Chevy Silverado Chevrolet received the highest total number of awards compared to all of the brands and JD Powers twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four US initial quality studies. Visit jdpower dot com Forward Slash Awards for more details. Awards based on twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four models. It's a mouthful. It's a mouthful that we got us there. So, yeah, it's Sunday. I've been You guys have noticed. I've been out of town, doing some stuff in Arizona, doing some stuff in Vegas. Can't really break down the stuff in Arizona, but if you want to, I can definitely break down the stuff in Vegas.
Speaker 2: They could also watch the vlog we just dropped last Friday, and if they're doing some good numbers right now, is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I have looked. I was just happy because to me, every time I go to Vegas, it's essentially like please God, boys watch this so I can keep.
Speaker 2: Going to base.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they continue to get right the minute those numbers start to drop the rest of the boys, but like, do you still need to go? And it's like, mentally, yes, I have. I actually I genuinely have an issue with playing cards now. I genuinely have that addictive personality and it's really just affected me in a big way. But yeah, the vlog, I thought Jackie JP. Everybody who put their fingers on that that editing process did an amazing job because it's a lot of fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Going back to you were reading the Chevy Silverado ad and right before the show, we were talking about you being in the market for a big boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you think about going So we had we we've we've had conversations about what trucks look best, and I, dude, I love your ZR two. I think it's so sick. Here's my problem. I have a like a weird thing.
Speaker 2: One we could get uniform uniform tru Yeah, I like us.
Speaker 5: That does fire me up a little bit. But like for me, it's like I want a truck, but with just a little Taylor twist to it. I wanted something that you know, lets me say it's mine and it's special to me. Yeah, I chose to do this. Now you can do that with the lift and of everything like that. But I see so many ZR twos out there, and the next week I so.
Speaker 2: You say so many, There's not so many.
Speaker 5: See a lot, dude. Like I said, Vegas, Arizona. I just feel like.
Speaker 2: People listen to the show. People listen to the show, talk about the.
Speaker 5: And they're like, I gotta give me some of that. And it is a beautiful vehicle. All those cameras and everything are incredible, But I just I see so many of them out there. And I've always been a guy that admired a diesel. I've always been a guy that saw a cowboy on the ranch get into his diesel truck with his dog in the back and suck to myself, Fuck, he's cool. I want to be cool too, So I think I believe in my heart the next truck I get is going to be a diesel truck with a twenty five hundred or a thirty five hundred. But then we got onto this conversation. Yeah, and essentially you'll find out that Will and I are probably saying the same things, just with different lenses of glasses on. But my thought process is when you see a twenty five hundred, you see a guy with a truck, you think there's a man, that's a guy, that's a dude. Yeah, you see a guy with a twenty five hundred, thirty five hundred diesel truck, you think all the things he thought about the guy with the truck, But just maybe like a little bit more like shit, maybe, hey, what's he up to?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: My guy's so handed?
Speaker 2: But the the concept of it is, it's like that man has a real blue collar job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're sitting up in a diesel.
Speaker 2: Diesel, I think it's featured your body, your size and all that stuff. You're a man.
Speaker 5: I'm a man.
Speaker 2: But believe it's that's the perception I get when I see somebody ripping around in a diesel. It's like, Okay, they got.
Speaker 5: They get their hands, they work with their hands.
Speaker 2: What's saying it's like all hat no cattle, Like guys with diesels. I'm just assuming they're all cattle. Yeah, to go with the cattle. Yeah, yeah, I'm with you. If you're ripping around in a diesel, I'm thinking you know.
Speaker 5: Me too well to know that I have no Yeah, there's cattle, no trousers, no cattle.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 5: The bad version is, I'm you're so you're calling me if we're in middle school, you call me a poser. I'm not taking as an insult, but that's what's happening right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And now now I have to go into the mental struggle of waiting the pros and cons is will my best friend thinking of me as a poser affect my purchase? And honestly, it's fifty to fifty right now.
Speaker 2: It's really a.
Speaker 5: Coin flip or whether or not I changed.
Speaker 2: But maybe I just want you to get his ZR two, So I know we're just we got a duo going on.
Speaker 5: I know that would be and you have you have, in my opinion, the best one because there's a lot of different colors you can have. Yeah. And there was one vehicle creator, we won't say the vehicle careator he was, but he had a famous quote that said, you could have any color you want as long as it's black. Yeah, And that is a tried and true statement for you when it comes to vehicles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to get some tires on it, some differents, different.
Speaker 5: Wheel tires, and I like a little I like a inch quarter and a half inches like space of the tires. They kind of come out of the wheelbells a little bit, just a little. It gives that bulldog a lot, Yeah, just a little, like you can't be pushing this truck around. Yeah, Yeah, I'm with you on that. Do you want to talk about the good or you want talk about the bad. What is it your choice subject, that's your choice, good or bad.
Speaker 2: Let's get the bad news the other way for Nebraska dog, I thought, you're gonna go Titans.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about them too, because that is that's the good, the bad, and the ugly. That's the ugly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I won't lie. I was very bothered after we lost. I took it like everybody else, the boys on the field, in the locker room, in the stadium, the fans everywhere all over the world. That was a tough loss for us. And it sucks because we had like ten penalties. Felt like we were a little self sabotaging. We're going on the game winning drive. The boy Dylan, who is a stud still he is a stud. He is the guy. But we have a tight end running open in the end zone. Going to the end zone. He just overthrows him a little bit.
Speaker 5: That hurt.
Speaker 2: Not near as bad as the missfield little wide left. We had about a thirty five yarder to go up three very late in the game. We didn't hit that. We didn't hit that touchdown. We had a fifty to fifty ball go up earlier in the game that turned into an interception in the end zone. Great ball, great going up to get it. The defender made a great play. He came down with an interception. So it's like thinking of those things. It sucks because we know we're the better ball club. However, we did not come we we don't shoot ourselves on the foot. We blow our foot off and overtime start with the penalty. Dylan's just getting eight up in the backfield like it was gobbled up, dude, yeah, gobbled gobbled no pause, no diddy, yeah, no diddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was, uh, it sucked, man, Like I was. I had a little birthday dinner. They wheeled in the TV for us so we could watch the game. Everybody else is having a good time. I'm dialed into the football game. And we lost that game, and it was, uh yeah, it felt like any other loss I've taken on the football field because I feel like I'm just a part of this team. I feel like I'm a part of the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and as an outsider perspective, this loss, you guys have lost a lot of games in recent years, Like, so, you guys have gotten your ass beats so many Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, like I know I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's been so but it's not the same. It's not it's not dude. This is you had a tweet you put out either Saturday night or Sunday morning, like I think we needed that, and you're like, who, what the fuck am I saying? I'm so lost right now.
Speaker 2: That was close to midnight on Friday night, So still trying to process the lass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, truly, like you got yourself a good ball club now, a Matt Rule ball club plays good, hard nose poised football. To have ten penalties, he's unacceptable. And the think good thing is maybe your boys in the last couple of years wouldn't have noticed that it was unacceptable. These boys, the ones in this locker room, understand that, Hey, we're all disappointed, and we all know why we're disappointed because the expectation is the expectation and so you juiced this is exactly what Nebraska needed and unfortunately, guess what, you're not going undefeed it anymore. Boo whoo, who cares? How to deal with that? A couple of weeks ago? Here, what you do? You watch the film, you get after it and you play hard nose Nebraska football from here on out. And now here's where I think your win is. We talked about this on the plane. Ohio State has Oregon, then y'all, then Penn State. If you're going into that game seven and zero, that's not a sleeper. Hey, maybe we'll watch these boys out of the way to make can't coast through it. They're going to play an undefeated Oregon team.
Speaker 2: Well flying across the country. Organ's undefeated.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but I don't know if he'll be undefated because they have to play Michigan. I don't know when they play Michigan. They play on one loss Oregon team. Just to cover my basis, Oregon's good ball club. Then they play y'all and they're like, oh, they lost to Illinois. They lost. They were ten point favorites, they lost to them. That's a bad ball club.
Speaker 2: The Illinois is not a bad ball club.
Speaker 5: They don't know. People in the Big Ten do not respect Illinois.
Speaker 2: Then watch the show. They would know that Illinois is not a bad ball club. They're a tough ball club. They take on the personality of their head coach. They run the football well. They ran the football very successfully against US, which sucked. Sucked because we have a good defense. Yeah, but Illinois is not a team to sleep on. You guys got to play Illinois. Yeah, that ain't just gonna be. That ain't just a fat w in the in the column, in the w W in the call.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Hear what you're saying. You got a we can talk about, Well, we'll talk about that said, we're talk about Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Right, you're right, I'm with you. Makeup of this team, this is one where everybody in that locker room, in those four walls, they are very disappointed. They know that it's not Nebraska football. That's not how they do things. They're going they're going to get back to work because there is no time to bleed out right now, no time your wounds quick. We gotta show up. We gotta show because we're going into Purdue this week. We gotta beat the rest. It is a bad week to be a boiler Maker.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well if Indiana, Indiana's again, is not another team to sleep on.
Speaker 5: They just they're always a team that puts up like fifty points.
Speaker 2: Again, right, and they have like you know, you think Indiana they have the brand that's not very but Jamie was a great football team. Last year, that staff goes to Indiana, they're mopping, They're mopping folks. They killed u C. L A, which UCLA played a tough game against LSU. Now, whether or not LSU is actually a good team is yet Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, But Indiana again, it is not a team to sleep on. I think obviously I'm looking at I can't wait to bounce back. I hope it's we win. Ohiose saying stuff like that, but we still gotta we gotta get better this.
Speaker 5: We gotta put you to put in a coffin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta put them in a fucking cough.
Speaker 5: You're saying the same thing that everybody who watches this show knows. The Big the Big Ten is the best conference. We have a conference, most put together conference.
Speaker 2: Now, just not the gloss over it, because we know we are homers for our conference. But the SEC at the top is tough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at the top, at the top.
Speaker 2: Georgia, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Yeah, Tennessee, Old Miss Tennessee beat the hell out of Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: Yeah, handle them, handle them. And I said to see you earlier. I think Tennessee, I think balls. Countries got a lot to be excited about right now. Yeah, we'll find out October nineteenth.
Speaker 2: Alabama, Alabama. I wonder who they have before then, yes, usually.
Speaker 1: Or nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'll just assume they don't play Georgia or Ole Miss. They might though before then. I think they do pull that up. All we'll just keep talking. All that to be said. I see Nebraska upsetting Ohio State in a few weeks, which makes me really excited. I think that I think that's a big one Ohio State deserves. They just paid for their their you know, they paid for their success, and that's not an admirable thing to have. You're you're right.
Speaker 2: They go to and Tennessee goes to Arkansas next week, and then they host Florida and then Alabama. So yeah, they should handle businesses, they.
Speaker 5: Should handle business. They got to.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I know Florida's ship. I know that it's a bad ball club down there. I don't know exactly what town.
Speaker 2: It is, but.
Speaker 5: That's that's a trap game, you think, so for Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean college ball. Florida's ass, they everyone knows their ass were disrespect to the Gators. They're looking Yeah, and so it's kind of one of those things like Tennessee just better buck up for that one. Yeah, just do what they did at Chattanooga and be up fifty points at halftime. That's that's what we really want to do.
Speaker 1: Jo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got out of it. We feel good about Nebraska, we feel good about birthday party, and you sat there.
Speaker 2: But again, where we're in a position to where this type of team, this outfit that we have, we could easily been a spot, be in a spot later in the year to where we look back at this Illinois game and say that was the best thing that ever happened to us, right right, because I know you're right and high. Yeah, you know what, you're right high to where you're saying we're gonna beat We're gonna mop Oregon, We're gonna you know not, who else do you got?
Speaker 5: You don't know what's changing my narrative, how much my narrative change.
Speaker 2: It hasn't.
Speaker 5: It hasn't. I literally said, I said two weeks ago on the podcast, right after Texas, you're looking at a ten to one football team going against the hot state. Right now, everything I said plays USC comes in. They put org in now Orgy, we played football on Saturday and just pretended like the forward pass didn't exist. We played, Yeah, we we played how to win a game our defense, I mean guys with the run game and one and won the game. This Mullen Mullions Mullens kid. This kid started twenty games at linebacker for the University of Michigan, then popped on over to the offensive side of the ball and is now the featured back. I feel terrible for Donovan Edwards. I don't know, I don't know what's going on. I think he's an absolute stud. He's gonna be just fine. That being said, Mullens is the cat that's now toting the rock. Had that thing thirty times last game for one hundred and ffty nine yards. The kid is our offense right now. A couple that in with a little RPO with with Orgy. What we want Minnesota. We want to take that step. We want Orgy. I want to see Orgy in the air a little bit more. I want to see him showing some short to intermediate passes. You don't need to take top.
Speaker 2: Off, but this is where he's got to show some growth, right because you guys, number one, the defense smacked USC.
Speaker 5: In the mouth in the mouth.
Speaker 2: But talking real is you want to see Orgy make progress in the passing game, because even though you guys can win games running the ball and playing tough defense like you just did, when you go against the Organs of the world. Yeah, I mean, I'll go ahead, Illinois undefeated right now, but Oregon's Ohio States of the world, You're gonna have to Yeah, You're gonna have to be able to you it'd be insane not to believe that you're not going to be down by ten points at some.
Speaker 5: Point in the season, right And you have to have the ability to be multi dimensional to be able to push the ball down the field and score points. I completely understand that. I think everybody walked into that game with Michigan being four and a half point underdogs and expected a Texas Michigan game like USC oh for sure. Yeah, I thought everyone felt that way, and I felt the haters feeling that way. Everyone was looking their chops. I know everybody in East Lansing was feeling so great Columbus Ohio. Everyone had that game turned on. I know everyone was ready. Not only was everyone was ready to put Michigan in the ground. They six feet under everyone.
Speaker 2: But also not it wasn't just the haterman, but also what you guys have shown up until the USC game was kind of like damn, Like, yeah, this is a massive fall right now what they're showing from what they're showing, Yeah, you win by ten points. It's like, damn, they might not have a squad this year because when Nick Marks was on, it's like, you know, we're going around and you're potentially thinking in your mind, this might be a five loss miss. They were right, and I know I know you, I know you weren't.
Speaker 5: To because his bitch ass opinions were terrible on the bus right like for him just but the the good thing about his old man as old man is out there, he was I want to believe what Taylor believes. I want that feeling. And it's like, brother, it's that easy. You just turn off logic in your head and you just move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turn off logic.
Speaker 5: That's what That's why I've learned being a fan of football. You can't You got to be able to find the will conference spin.
Speaker 2: You have to find the optimism right and right now in a world where everybody wants to feed into that hate and just be pessimistic about everything.
Speaker 5: Everything I've said about Michigan football post Tech is still in play. Nothing has changed, Nothing has changed. Ten and one football team. Believe. Jack McPherson between naps said that they're gonna have a hard time at Minnesota. That's crazy. Yeah, that's a wild deal to me at the time, right it wasn't too much of a reach if you took a face value just Illinois plays Nebraska and Illinois beat Nebraska. You think Nebraska's in a lot of trouble. Face value right now, move on. Now you look at the bigger picture. Could be a Nebraska Michigan big than championship game, could be.
Speaker 2: It's far off, could be, you guys, you never know, Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 5: You guys upset Ohio State, Ohio State drops two of the three.
Speaker 2: Or cannot just cannot just escape by Indiana. Rutgers is also undefeated right now, Dave He's Rutgers is number two on Dave's Big Ten rankings.
Speaker 5: That's wild two or.
Speaker 2: Three, they're their top five.
Speaker 5: They've been around for a while, they've been around, they've been in the football.
Speaker 2: We all to say we can't just glaw over the Rutgers in Indiana game. Yeah, we just can't right now. Are you talking about Nebraska? Yeah, absolutely, you're saying we upset Ohio State. You're going, You're going like four weeks ahead right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah. You know, I'm a thirty thousand foot view fan of Nebraska, like I pretty honest. If I didn't know you, I would probably never think about the University of Nebraska once in my life. I know you, And now my algorithm's fucked up and it's only showing me Nebraska stuff. So Nebraska's constantly on my mind.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just look at it as a general fan, being like, that's the game you have to.
Speaker 2: Worry right, right, right right, because I looks bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I still think of Indiana as lesser than I think of Rutgers is lesser than I think of Minnesota is lesser than And it's just I didn't have a whole lot of success in college football as far as the team sport goes. But we handled those teams right. They never played Rutgers first Big Ten game I ever played shootout against Indiana, win that game. Yeah, So that's all that's all I gotta say about that. Yeah, you know, yeah, it's it's a war dude, you're The good thing is we're almost the half point of the cullege football war. Yeah, and you're in a much better place this year than you were last year.
Speaker 2: The good thing is neither of our teams we are not even close to touching any panic button. You were guys, weren't after Texas. We are not after Illinois, right, a team that should be touching the panted button in my mind. We're moving to NFL right now. But the Tennessee Titans end up.
Speaker 5: This episode to bring you sport Clips this football season. Don't walk around with helmet hair like a total rookie. You've been in the game long enough to know that how you wear your hair matters. And just because your team's mascot as a Wolverine, yes it is, doesn't mean you have to look like the one on top. Keep your head in the game and go to sport Clips. They're pro. Their pro stylist have mastered the x's and o's of men's hair, so you can get a tight fade while kicking back and watching some fade routes on TV. It's called a hail mary, not a hair mary. Okay, so it don't go just anywhere head over to the pros and men's hair. They'll have a perfectly crafted game plan to make you look your best, no halftime adjustments. Need to remember the difference between an okay haircut and a great cut is called sport clips. It's a game changer. Let's get back to this episode.
Speaker 2: I think before the year started, you know, there was a people counted out Tennessee, which now it seems like they're being proved right. Yeah, there's a lot of there's some optimism, some some underappreciated unseen optimism going on because of either bringing these receivers, you got Bill Callahan. The mistake I made was assuming that Bill Callahan was just gonna come in and fix the offensive line, knowing that it's still a very young offensive line and there's going to be growing pains. I do feel like the way that Will levis. I mean, there was like six sacks given up today. My man was knocked down about eight times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, here's the I'm not scared about the offensive line right now. They had a really bad second half, a really bad second half.
Speaker 2: But paint the picture of why you're not scared with the offensive line.
Speaker 5: Because I think they're there. They've showed glimpses of hope. They have done a good job for the most part of the run game in the past game, this game, you can throw this one out the window. They had some you had some very glaring mistakes by multiple players in the offense line. The one that comes to my head is, I mean, uh, Nicholas Petite Ferreir. He got a guy in a wide nine technique, he turns his shoulders and his hips. The guy makes an inside move clean, not even touchsack like, and I think they've been caused a fumble which caused a turnover, those types of things. If I'm Bill Callahan, if I'm Nick like, I'm sure Nick right now is probably on suicide watch it in his house because everyone's been there before. I've been there before. Every single offensive linement who's had a bad game knows that. Like, you don't have stats. The only stats you have are the things that are bad. And he had a tough one today statistically. But the errors are so easily fixable. It's so easy to fix one or two things. Hey, don't panic, set, don't turn your head.
Speaker 2: And when you say you're talking about technique.
Speaker 5: Technique, I'm only talking about technique, because that's what the offensive line is. That it's a mental game, it's a physical game, and it's a technique game. You have to be able to be really good at all three of those to be successful. The easiest thing to fix is technique. And I just hope that these boys don't take all like, don't let their confidence get shut down.
Speaker 2: In the outside noise field because it's flooding.
Speaker 5: In their flooding. And but that's the thing that last few years. The coach that we always talk about but refuse to say his name in the beginning, Keith Carter, like, there's there was never a chance to gather confidence unless you already had that instilled in you from prior success or you're just built like that kind of cat. Now what they have now, Callahan, you saw them in the first couple of games firing on more cylinders than they have been in the past, doing a great job of changing sets up, changing punches up, passing off games and slides. I think this is a great game for Bill Callen at show how good of a coach he is by establishing the confidence back in those guys that had a tough game and then working on the technique on the football field, because this that I saw from Nick and j C and those guys is like, it's so fixable. It's so fixable. There's one that JC had that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, how how do you feel like you've been watching j C a little bit? How do you feel like he's been so far?
Speaker 5: I think, Jace, we have to remember he's a rookie. The kid's an absolute unit of a human being. But he there's just little there's little things that are so fixable that he will learn over time. I think the kid, from what I could tell, his a good head on his shoulders. But he had one today where the guy ran the hoop on him, ran all the way around and got the sack. And what jac did was he got to the point of no return where he thought he did his job, and as the guy ran around, he kind of stopped in the play. And that's when Will Levis got out of his sack from pressure in the middle, came forward, and then that guy finished. Those are the little things you realize, Okay, this isn't this isn't college. You've got to finish a lot longer than you expect to and keep going to the echo of the whistle. All those things fixable. None of those things are panting Button City. The things I did not like from the Titans today, like sums up with Will and we're we're very pro Will Lewis on the show, Well, I I love I love Will. Everything I'm saying is truly out of a just a critical eye. He's got the yips right now. He's forcing too much stuff. He's at he's he's putting the pressure of himself. He wants to prove he's the man instead of just being Like last year we saw him thrust into a starting role because of an injury. You played nothing to lose, you played house money. It's like, Okay, you're a rookie. No one expects you to do well. You weren't the start in the beginning of the year. There's zero expectation on you. You go out and you have a game, you get you did against the Falcons, and uh when in his first start he does say he does such a great job. He moves around the pocket, he doesn't lower his shoulder, It's like, oh shit, we kind of got a guy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: We spend the whole entire offseason where like the only people that are excited are the people within Nashville, Tennessee. The the small regional fan base is so stoked on Will Levis. Part of me feels he listened to the cheers a little too hard, he got at excited now, or just.
Speaker 2: It feels that expectation puts the pressure on himself, right.
Speaker 5: And that's what I mean by feeling the cheers a little bit, because when you have a piece of success in the NFL and we've all had it and you kind of like chew on it for a little bit, Yo, this feels fucking nice that people think I'm the fucking man. Everybody loves that feeling.
Speaker 2: Or you feel like and or also you feel like you have to do that much more.
Speaker 5: Right, And I think that comes when the season ends with Will last year. You enjoy that success, you enjoy that confidence you've had, But once you get to that June or July slot, that's when you start to be like, I've got to prove X, Y and Z to to just take the next step to show that, oh it wasn't a fluke, I am the man. Now You're putting way too much pressure on yourself when before we all know this, you just gotta stay here. You can't be doing this, can't be doing that. You just gotta stay right here, baby and keep that thing moving. And I just feel like he's pressing the issue way, way, way too much. And if Will just took a minute, took a deep breath, realize he has all the talent, all the characteristics he came to be a good quarterback, then he goes and does that. But the mental game is very difficult sometimes, especially when things are going your way. When you're ohing three. Now, somebody tweeted this to me today or tweeted it and then put on Instagram said, uh, bring back Frabel, And it's like, bro, that shit's got to stop right now that I'm so sick of people pulling the fire alarm. In the first moment of chaos. You go and one, he it is what it is. You Two, it's like, okay, well you played the job. Yeah, and then owen three happens and now everyone's like, should it cat verbel Now, I will say this, and this is not a shot at Callahan, but if you have Mike Rabel as the head coach right now, it's likely that the Titans are two and one only reason why I'm saying that is Mike Rabile established a culture and he got guys with lesser talent to win games late in the game and do the right things. That does not mean that Brian Callahan is a bad coach. I think Brian call as the right man to have in this position, especially the way football is going right now. Derek Henry was getting older, you could just rely on the run twenty four to seven. You knew that train was going to end. It's like it's like selling a stock right before the peak. You're getting out, you're cashing out. I totally understand that we have to give Brian Callahan opportunity to instill his culture and his mindset of what he wants. These are not things that are just going to happen immediately day of like they're just going to keep the mic Rabel attitude and then add on whatever Brian wants. That stuff. It's unrealistic, it's illogical, and it's ridiculous. So if you're a Titans finger like bring back Vrabel right now, your record would probably be better of a Vabel. But we're talking about long term ROI and I think Brian Callahan is that guy. You just got to give it some opportunity for him doing Still, Hey, if it's a shitty year, here's the good news. Get a great draft pick. Now, you had a quarterback that I know people are thinking, oh, maybe not. You had a quarterback with all the attributes to be successful.
Speaker 2: You got with the year in the system.
Speaker 5: You got two top fifteen picks on the left side of your offensive line. You got Dylan Raidens, who's playing a hell of a lot better. You got a center who has paid fifty million dollars in his good ballplayer. You got NFP who's going growing more.
Speaker 2: You got a nasty defense.
Speaker 5: You got a nasty defense. You got receivers, you got two great running backs. Like you have the tools, but you can have all the ingredients to make a pie. But if you don't, if you don't have if you don't have the right tools to make the pie, then it's it's gonna be a shit pie. Right, So we just got to give that time this year. I don't know. I don't know what to say. They got.
Speaker 2: One of the good news is they play the Dolphins next week and the Dolphins. Dolphins have not been looking good. Yeah, they have either a home game or do they go to Indy.
Speaker 5: I think they go by and then they go to Indy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they have a bye week pretty early by.
Speaker 5: That kind of sucks.
Speaker 2: But however, recently, especially if you get back on track with Miami, it's a massive game because again they the South is still pretty wide open. I mean the Texans loss to day to the Vikings. Who Vikings, by the way, am Donald bro and he is operated a resurgence of life. Yes, they can run the ball well, they can throw the ball well. That defense on their floor is is playing well. So the South is wide open. You have to get back on track and win this game against Miami, lick your wounds with the bye week, revaluate, and then you play Indy, which Indy isn't you know they have their own issues as well.
Speaker 5: They have their own issues, no doubt. And like yeah, with with Houston losing today, AFC South is wide open. And who did to say like, hey, we're going to go and win the AFC South. Now, it's like, listen, just improve on the errors. Let's just win the game. Let's just win a game. Let's win a game. Let's just win a game, and let's let's let's keep it moving forward. So for all the people, all the test Titan fans out there that are watching the show and are pressing the panic button. Polightly go fuck yourself for right now. I mean that a respectfully way, trying to be funny, but like it's stop because it's way too early and it's okay.
Speaker 2: New player's new staff like sta. Still yeah, it's still very.
Speaker 5: Like you know what, let's say it's worst case scenario. Great, we have the first overall pick, like and now you have more fools. It's just seventeen. Yeah, worst case. Let's just say, let's say so it.
Speaker 2: Was number one. We do need to Unfortunately we're not on the bus and we can't hold Jack accountable. Jack did say he would kill himself if Malik Willis won his revenge game in the sun Stadium.
Speaker 5: Did you say Jack needs to kill himself.
Speaker 2: I think there needs to be some type of accountability, whether maybe hey, maybe a couple of weeks ago when the guy said he would eat dog shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe Jack does something.
Speaker 2: I think he needs to do something for some good juju, because if not, you know, it could put some bad a bad omen on the Titans.
Speaker 5: Because I think Jack in a lot of ways has kind of become a front man for the Titans fan base given the platform he has on busting brought back the pain train, brought back the pain train, yeah, all those things. He just seems like he has the loudest voice of all Titans fans, and I think he does. He Yeah, some account.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna leave from the front, you gotta leave from the front.
Speaker 5: Right exactly. So maybe there needs to be a punishment involved. I won't go as far to say you need to kill yourself, Jack, but let's figure.
Speaker 2: So I texted him right after. I said, I'll say some really nice words for you at your funeral.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do your eulogy. Yeah, dude, I mean Jack's gotta pay the piper a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need something out of Jack.
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 2: What else is going on in the NFL world? We got uh Jets look good Jets. Look damn.
Speaker 5: Aaron Rodgers is back. And that's another thing too, When people are like he's done, it's like, what are you talking about? He's yeah, it's just still god so dumb. It's so dumb.
Speaker 2: Their defense was playing well. Now granted it was the Patriots, but they have the pieces on defense.
Speaker 5: The first game that's gotta feel good. That's gotta feel real good.
Speaker 2: But Aaron Rodgers with Breise Hall, uh, Garrett Wilson, even Mike Williams. He returned from Uh they got him in free agency. He came from the Chargers, friend of the show. Uh, he looked good. So another weapon to go with him, lizard. But yeah, the Jets, the Jets could be picking it up.
Speaker 5: Just got just got a little something going that fires me up because like, I don't know when the world became so fifty to fifty on Aaron Rodgers of like not liking him and liking him.
Speaker 2: I well, you know probably all the the political stuff that Aaron gets out there on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but who doesn't agree?
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you. But you know how you know how fans are. They want you to play, they want you to love your football.
Speaker 5: And throw yeah. Yeah. But the thing too is that here, here's what I like about Aaron Rodgers from out off off, outside of football. He questions things and it's super cure. Who who made it wrong to be curious about things? And se just stinking stuff a face value? I wish I was more like that. People will just tell me. I'll see it on Instagram, be like, yep, fact, it could be one way or the other, and I'll just look at you and be like, Yep, that's exactly gonna be the identity that I choose to project from me for the rest of the week. Aaron chooses to question all these things, and he's a. He's an admirable candidate. In my mind, I think he's a. He's a he's a cool, well rounded cat. I'm messed with it.
Speaker 2: I'm very well.
Speaker 5: Those a tight spiral, yeah, he does. Those are tight. One.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to bring you body Armor. That is body Armor sport water, the alkaline water that provides real hydration with electrolytes for taste. Everybody is always drinking it around the office out here in Chicago HQ. These sports drink the Zero Sugar and even the Flash IV After a long weekend, we can't get enough of body armor. The sport water, in my opinion, is the best water on the market. Your boy just hit a five K the other day and body Armor sport water was what kept your boy hydrated. Head on over to your local seven to eleven and get your body Armor sport water Today. Back to the episode today, did you really yeah, walked the last night and something we glossed over that we didn't spend really any time on, but the genius that coach Lafleur has in Grey Bay. I mean, Malik willis winning games with Malik And I'm not saying like Malik's a terrible quarterback by any means, but I think everybody would assume that when they lost s Jordan Love, that they were gonna pop off too in a row and be flying around like they are, especially taking care of the football like he is, and building an offensive plan that fits him and adapting to the players he has on the roster. I feel like Lafleur, you know, whether he gets a lot of credit credit, I think he doesn't get enough credit because going to and O since losing Jordan Love, I feel like it's not especially because they got Malik, like what three weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Three years ago from the Titians, the team they just beat, right, which is another thing that is fucking blasphemous. What does Malik Willis do Will He.
Speaker 2: Runs, He runs the ball.
Speaker 5: He's not a guy that is going to like he at least from the time I was there, he was not a guy that the dissected the coverages and understood where his hot routes were and stuff like that, and where his you know, line was sliding to and moving to. So you have the blueprint of a guy that's been in your building for entire camp to see, Oh, we should trade this guy. This is why we're gonna trade this guy, and then you let that guy beat you. The defensive game plan to me was nuts. Yeah, just crazy, Like how Milikal is gonna hurt you because he's gonna hurt it by extending plays and using his feet. The fact that they have rushers going around him, no coordinated rushes, not a whole lot of spies, not running a whole lot of games. Like, to me, that was just insane because if you made him one dimensions, say hey, we're going to keep his cat in the pocket and make him throw the ball, it would have been a whole lot better. But when you're allowing him to run and do all the things he has now he's had the opportunity to throw these intermediate throws and he had a nice touch.
Speaker 2: Yeah he looked really good today, Yeah, bro, really good. That Like again, Lafleur having the creativity with the screen game building play action, like putting Malik in in positions to win and him taking advantage of the opportunity. Because again it's like, okay, when you see them beat Indianapolis last week, it was Malik's first game, so there's really not a whole lot to operate off of. You don't know what kind of game plan you're gonna get. You can assume that it's gonna be Malik. You know, them running the ball there plus times with Josh Jacobs, But going into Tennessee, it's like, now you have a week of film to kind of prepare, Like, no way they're going to get away with doing stuff like this again. But again, like just speaking to that creativity from Lafloor, I just feel like flowers need to be said and given as much as we want to critique and pull apart all the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we were based in National, right, I'm glad you're rgmed me back in because you started with giving Matt flowers and then I just critique the Titans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're like the but also like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Dude, I mean Matt he was OC for one year at the Titans and he was so great, and the Packers are like, we got to have this guy, and he's proven to be the dude over and over again strategically using It's.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, Aaron Rodgers, of course they're going to be successful. Jordan Love, damn, they got lucky again. They found another one. But then Jordan Love goes Jordan Love goes down, and you got a backup in Milik who just showed up with a backpack on.
Speaker 5: And you think, you think yourself, like exactly what you said. The Colts go and they think they're going to run the ball thirty times, and then Malik has a has a good game and they end up on the game, and that's like that usually happens once, and then they start to get figured out because there's a week of film and you start to understand get strengths and weaknesses, kind of like how I view the Panthers right now, Like they come and they get their wine. It's a lot of time with a quarterback change or interim head coach, Like you fire a coach in the interim head coach ins comes in. Usually that team, for whatever reason, just wins the next week. I have no idea why the locker room just rallies around the back for whatever reason, and it's like the Panthers are still dead, Like it's just the no shot, It's not happening. Ye A Dalton, dude, I'm stoked for him, right.
Speaker 2: I can't believe the Raiders drop that one, man, I know, and they got handled too, which was surprising. They go across the country and get a massive win against the Ravens, big time underdogs. You think they're hosting Carolina. Carolina's now got to travel across the country and they just it seems like their organization is blowing up because they benched Bryce Young kind of out him. They go with Andy Dalton. Then they go in and drop one against the Panthers.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You see Antonio Pierce after the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a badass quote.
Speaker 2: Right bad. As the game went along, it seemed like guys started to make business decisions. We will make business decisions moving moving forward as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that sound the alarm. There should be a little bit of a panic button that you're saying something. That quote is a quote in week three of the NFL, you know what I mean? Usually you're thinking, usually you get something like that back half of the year if you're kind of out of it. We're gonna see who's really who really wants to play football, who really loves football? You know those speeches.
Speaker 5: If AP's about that business, someone's getting cut on Monday, Yeah, I better see per Adam Schefter someone getting cut from the Raiders. I better see that, right.
Speaker 2: And you know with AP too, like the way that kind of culture, that leadership is like, he wouldn't just say that unless they all kind of identify a player or two that they're that they're thinking about. They're like, we got to get this guy out.
Speaker 5: I wish I did a better double watching that game because I was. I was at the Titans game today. Yeah, like the first time in forever. But yeah, dude, it's You've gotta like the thought. It's just crazy to me that dudes do that make business decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would love to know which, which player or two, however many whoever he's thinking about and watch that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Max would tell us, Yeah, Max would tell us who was it?
Speaker 2: Go check the all twenty two and then see a couple of these plays. Yeah, Because I mean if a coach is saying that now, again, I don't know if it's like this is bad news for the season or This is like they've identified. They're getting rid. They're getting rid of the poison in the locker room, and it will be beneficial. I'm sure it'll be beneficial.
Speaker 5: Sounds like he's gonna cut the grass and find the snakes, right, that's what he wants to do, because you can't be having that that that poison in the locker room. Bro, you can't be having dudes getting small groups talking ship. Yeah, that's how losers work. Yeah, right, Alid with his quotes, Man, I'll give him that, Yeah, I will give him that stuff this. Yeah, dude, he just I hope that I want the Raiders to be successful so bad because I think that's such a great franchise and a dude like Max who's just a he'll.
Speaker 2: Just lays it on the line every Sunday, every Sunday, every day. And Bobby Splaine. I want to give some love to Bobby splay. Yeah he was playing with this. Yeah, dude plays with his hair on fire. Because I was watching their game. I was breaking down their game on the Old All twenty two last week. Then versus the Ravens and Old spleazy man. He plays like that, Yes, plays hard man plays put me on game.
Speaker 5: With this All twenty two, it's like watching the iPad.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, so NFL Plus pre no free shoutouts NFL Plus Premium, but you get on there. You can watch basically the coaches tape.
Speaker 1: You can watch the.
Speaker 2: Side angle, the back angle, and it's like watching film that I just started doing it last week and low key I'm kind of falling just falling in love with Really you just feel like you're back in the film and we're like actually breaking down situations. So do you have.
Speaker 5: On your phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh so you can just watch film, laptop whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can watch it.
Speaker 2: Like if I pull out my phone right now, we can watch the All twenty two.
Speaker 5: Did you see so talking about subscriptions and everything. Did you see the stat that came out about to watch every single NFL game this year, it's like your monthly bills like three hundred and nine dollars a month.
Speaker 2: No, they got me because the streams, the.
Speaker 5: Streams have finally got us the streaming era, because remember like it was like Netflix came out and it was like you get this, it's eight dollars a month and you get all these movies and they're like, well, we're gonna do it too, but we get these movies instead.
Speaker 2: And now it's like and you're thinking, okay for probably totally like thirty forty bucks, Like I'll just get these streaming services.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get rid of cable, Yeah, which we all did. I remember when you told me got rid of cable. I was thinking myself, yeah, but I don't want to watch cable. Literally, I think two weeks later I called. I was like, hey, shut it down, we're done here. Yeah yeah, yeah, now the door hitching the ass on the way.
Speaker 2: Now now they got us.
Speaker 5: Now we're fucking we gonna go to.
Speaker 2: Gotta have basically every streaming I know, because it's the platform, the Amazon, it's the peakcock because it feels like every platform some type of game. I know, even Netflix, GA got Thursday Night. This one's on Sunday, oh the holidays this year that it's gonna be on this platform Monday night football here.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, Hey, there's rumors out there about Netflix it might be doing that game. We'll do what Netflix has a game on Christmas? Did you say you might be doing that game? Yeah? What do you mean? Like there's like I'm on a short list right.
Speaker 2: Now of doing the game like color commentating, not color commenting. But Paul Sideline.
Speaker 5: Be got nice, right. I think it'd be kind of sick to do one game color commentating one game.
Speaker 2: I think he'd be great at it.
Speaker 5: I think so too. I mean, if Tom got three minute, three hundred mil like dot two, I'll do one game. I'm just saying, I like to check that out.
Speaker 2: You could call a game, especially if you're prepared. You're prepared, you can do yeah. Yeah, it's easy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: You're like a dad. You're prepared. You can do anything you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just I know, my boy good.
Speaker 5: I mean, we did that little playoff thing.
Speaker 2: You had your ESPN debut, well not debut, you've been on it before, but you were at the desk.
Speaker 5: You first take. Yeah, the first take was the most intimidated thing, especially when you get on the monitor and you see the King himself, Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith right there. Yeah, and I just think, get up and first take.
Speaker 5: Ye there. Do we talk about that? No, because we've been a wave, bro. No, I saw you next week. No, we were what that was week one? Maybe we did, Yeah, we kind of maybe even talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we missed retired, you know, high.
Speaker 5: School I know, bro, that's got to be so sick. And the key of the city. Can I tell you something. I wish it was a key.
Speaker 2: It is no.
Speaker 5: I wish it was like an actual key and like a glass box, like one of those cool, like eighteen hundreds keys, like truly you know, but you.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna do like even if you had just a true key. It's not like you're like I'm locking the door anywhere.
Speaker 5: I know. But I just kind of was hoping it would be a metal key, not your basic janitor key, but like an old school like yeah, I don't know, I think of British people like in London with the big gass keys, like that's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's still dope.
Speaker 5: The symbolism of it all is sick.
Speaker 2: I mean it was. It was crazy. Yeah, it was crazy, just because like I forget if I said this on last week's epso I don't think I did. But the place where we grew up, like bond Terre, Missouri. Yeah, and knowing that I did the ceremony on Friday night, I went to the RGFL, my community of football league that I grew up playing in on Saturday morning and Dave, the owner of that league. He was saying so a lot of nice things. I gave a little speech and everything like that, but just knowing to go back on that weekend and kind of have like a full circle moment, just knowing the place that we grow up. I was kind of telling the parents and the kids, like, we don't grow up close to an NFL team or a college team. We had the Rams that was over an hour away. You have the Miszoo Tigers, they're about three hours away out in Columbia. But you don't have direct access to athletes that you grow up watching on TV. Your inspiration comes from the guys you watch on TV and the varsity football team. Like I had a poster of Jeremy McDowell, who was our quarterback who went to the nineteen ninety seven state championship. My parents won this poster, this frame poster at an auction. There's this photo where he's just he's in his paths and he's just holding the ball like his little individual photo.
Speaker 5: No shit.
Speaker 2: It hung up over my bed growing up.
Speaker 4: PJ.
Speaker 2: Jones was a linebacker. I wanted to play like because he had the records and everything else. But you grow up being inspired by the guys you watch on TV in the NFL obviously, and then the varsity football team, and to come all the way back your boys just turned thirty five, and to be speaking to the league that I grew up like playing on the same grass that they did, and getting the key to the city the jersey retired and all that stuff, and knowing that I am one of those guys that those kids look up to is a super cool thing that I definitely do not take for granted. And it was just a very cool, full circle moment for your boy, It really was.
Speaker 5: That's fucking awesome, dude.
Speaker 2: So if I went any longer here, little emotion could probably hit the little eyeballs, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can't have that, dude. There's nothing better than high school football, There's not. And for anybody to think differently, man, Like, I went to two different high schools and I cherished both of those, both of those high schools.
Speaker 2: You got to go back.
Speaker 5: You went back to the game this past day, and I actually want to ask you this question because a part of me like felt weird, Like even when I went to the Titans game today, I felt weird too. Because you think about like, you know, you watch TV and stuff like that, and you watch like high school football TV shows or whatever, and there's always like the guy who graduated five years ago still comes to all the games. Yeah, And even though like I'm thirty three years old and I have not been back in Arizona in so long, going out, I kind of felt like, you know, maybe someone was like, what are you doing? Yeah, And I shook it off because it was so cool to go on like the catch Shadows Falcons. They're three and zero right now and they're playing Boulder Creek, which was like a division above them, and they smacked the shit out of them. Actually, it was like they they were tied at fourteen when I got there, and they're up three scores by like halfway through the third. Yeah, And it's like it's cool, man, because you literally look at the field that they're playing on and you look at the stands, and even though things are the same, it's like I did like put my my journey started and the same place that these kids are starting right now that I'm literally twice twice of some of their ages, and it's just cool to like see them look over and tap somebody's shoulder and be like yeah, And that to me was like I was like, that is so it's just surreal. So like we we had this conversation. I don't know if I talked about it, but October eighteenth, I'm being put in the Catch Shitas Hall of Fame, first home first guy ever in Catch Shittas Hall Fame, by the way, first inductee, and I believe his name is Rob Gilmore. I need to double check his name on my phone. But he like reached out to me and told me I met him for the first time and they're doing like this parade on Friday morning, and he's like, hey, if you can get there, we'd love for you to be like, uh, oh, what's it cold? What's it called? What's the thing called? When you're like, uh, Homecoming King, No, it's like, uh, you're gonna get the Grand Marshall Grand Marshal of like their float or whatever. Yea, And he asked me to know. I'm thinking to myself, yeah, they'd be sick, but also probably is like these kids are gonna be looking like a thirty three year old waving like that's kind of dude. I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, like everything you're saying about to say, like trust me. I had to have that conversation with myself because for whatever reason, it's not ego. It's like a it's it's almost like you just hey, I just don't want to be too much the center of attention, even though you guys are technically celebrating me.
Speaker 2: It is weird because you go back to a familiar spot and while they like, while I'm watching the game, I see a lot of familiar faces, like guys people I went to school with, and they're coming up and like, hey, my son, he wants a photo with you, And there's a there's a there's a weird part because it's like, you know, you know those people that you went to school with, and they're you know, they're there, and I feel like it's just like an internal like insecurity thing of just feeling like it's you're too much of the center of attention around people that you you knew very well.
Speaker 5: At one point, you almost play the mind game of like what are they talking shit? Like are they being like look at them? Yeah, you know, yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's really cool though, bro, Yeah, it's it's sick because again, if if I'm a kid bro like, I would be looking up to you just as well. Like I want to accomplish. I want to be the same person like he did it. I want to be another guy who did it. Not a lot of people get to do it. I want to do that. Like you're an inspiration, you know what I mean, You're a motivation.
Speaker 5: No, it's crazy, it's a wild deal. And like you going back like he's you already got inducted the Hall of Fame. You've been there, done that.
Speaker 2: That's conceal.
Speaker 5: And but now you're like the Jersey retirement the key to all that. It's like you've essentially reached the pinnacle of success of every high schooler. Like that is unbelievable because everybody wants the gold jacket right everywhere and everyone three.
Speaker 2: Years we'll see where I'm all, you know, eligible for.
Speaker 5: The right right right. But and then everybody obviously college Hall of Fame, all that stuff they want to remember with their college. But like high school, you do it. There's nothing better than high school.
Speaker 2: That's because high school it's like that's when it's at it's purest for right of football, of sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah. People the boys legit just playing ball, yeah, and shadows their fans, their stands were packed, just shut down.
Speaker 2: You guys got a high school that loves their high school for yeah.
Speaker 5: And it's just it was just really cool and I'm super grateful for it. I'm stoked for you. Like that was that. It's just like it's just dope. It's awesome, and I gotta I gotta shake off whatever that, you know. And I tell you what was weird, too, is all these little kids running around they're in high school. Cause you like I was with Nick Bennett, who were talking about earlier, and Nick he was to catch the shots with me too, and he's like, bro, you know what's crazy. He's like all these kids walking around, like how young they look. And it's like it's be crazy for you and me to think that we didn't look that young either when.
Speaker 2: We were that kid. You're like, man, some girl came slow back. When I played, it felt like it was just bullets flying everybody, bullets flying, and they do they look so much younger. It's like, there's we you felt like you were like a man as a senior.
Speaker 5: In right, Like I just even walking through the stands and like the kids student section. I just to myself, I was like, I shouldn't be in this area, like I feel like I'm gonna catch a case, like you know, just being too close, and it's just, you know, it's just it felt so weird, like oh, year old, bro, that's what you are. You're just you're just an old guy now and you come back and we live the glory days. What's funny too, is that catch shadows. I was ass I was actually terrible with football there that the first the first chef Jepar was my second. That's when I had like that crazy in same three months or whatever or three weeks and uh but yeah, I was like not even good shadows. I was never the best player on my football team.
Speaker 2: Right, you're on the D line, you're on the wrong side of line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, obviously there was some some some issue. Shut out Chad to gren here for fucking everything up. But still, bro, it's just it's crazy to go and like see like you're talking to the parents and you're sitting in a place where you're like I used to talk to those kids, like I used to be hanging out with them. Now I'm at a place where I'm talking to the parents and I identify more with the parents obviously, and it's just crazy. Yeah, you know everybody wants to be McConaughey from days and confused. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it man for me?
Speaker 1: What uh?
Speaker 5: How much time we've been rocking here?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 5: We got to tighten it up. We got to tighten it We got anything else we want to talk about? Issued we said Michigan's awesome.
Speaker 2: As you as you as you look up transition, just to let the people know we're doing this collaboration. We got the spin Chicklets boys coming up in a collaboration interview. We haven't had the interview yet, however, we already know it's going to be a let Paul Biette Biz Nasty Ryan Whitney.
Speaker 5: Last time we did an episode with them was on their show and we all got baked right before.
Speaker 2: We Yeah, it was so I'm down, your boy is down? Your boys down?
Speaker 1: To do that?
Speaker 5: We should we should definitely do that. Yeah, we're gonna so this episode.
Speaker 2: Because we've had them on separately on Busting with the Boys, were never both of them at the same time.
Speaker 5: We went on spitting. We got hot. Yeah, so when do you guys see us with them?
Speaker 2: We're gonna be anything else on this sheet that Yes, there's one.
Speaker 5: Thing, dude, And I cannot believe. I cannot believe I didn't bring this up at the top of the show. This is the last episode before Spootover. Now listen to me, guys, I giving you the spiel before about when the weather takes the weather goes down, you get out of the house and you feel the breast. You walk back in the house, you put the hoodie on, the leaves are starting to fall, and you just feel you see a pumpkin next to you and you're you literally get chills are starting and it's so exciting. Every year for the past five years, spoopt Over sucked ass.
Speaker 2: Well, we had a good year. I want to say it might have been the COVID year. It was a solid year.
Speaker 5: No, but we were having some good fun up. Yeah, I told half of spoot overs. I think I told it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It was in like October twenty fifth is when I told my sales Yeah, yeah, we have food solid spoo. That's when we played the Bills on Tuesday Night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Michael Myers Mass Facility.
Speaker 5: So in the last four years, Spootober has kind of been shit. This year, this is the year it changes for us.
Speaker 2: It's our year.
Speaker 5: It's our year. And here's what I will. I know it's gonna be a great year. And let me tell you why. When we go to Oregon for organ O House State, we get there on Friday, We're gonna go to a haunted house in Oregon. We've got you say, promise right now, I promise yes, And any Oregon fans out there listening, please drop in the comments like where we should go hanted house wise, gotta go haunted house and then listen. It's not that hard. Every single day I'm gonna give you the ground rules for Spootober. October is now Spootober like it's October.
Speaker 2: It's not negotiable.
Speaker 5: It's a spook you call it Spooktober. Every day you need to watch something spooky. Now, it could be a something as simple as a Disney Channel original movie. You could literally jump all the way up to the Exorcism or a demonic type shit everything in between. And you're probably thinking, like some of these movies like uh, not insidious, but like Shutter Island not considered a horror movie, but there's got some spook to it too. Leonardo Dicapri counts that counts. And you don't for the whole time, but maybe a little, a nice little snippet.
Speaker 2: And again, you can even hit your Charlie Brown's of the world. You don't have to just scare yourself.
Speaker 5: Yes, And if we were living back in the world for Arizona, it was thirty five and thirty seven Disney Channel, Nickelodeon. They have a nice themed cartoons going on at all times that are all Spootober, which is really nice. Another thing too, and this is this is more for you than it is for us. Take some time out of your week to enjoy something fall to let you. And it's not about this. Spootober is not about checking boxes. It's about making memories to look forward to for the next year. It's about going to a pumpkin patch and being like, I had a great time going with my girlfriend and wife kids to the pumpkin patch. I can't wait to do it again next year. I'm gonna get that pumpkin spice latte. I know I shouldn't. There's a lot of sugar in there. There's a lot of X, Y and Z. I'm on a diet, but you know what, dude, I'm looking forward to this and I'm only gonna have it during space.
Speaker 2: Just once a week. You got to embrace the spook somehow. Once a week, whether like you're saying, go into a haunted house, going to a pumpkin patch, buying yourself a pumpkin spice latte, incredible, whatever it is. Indulge in something that embraces the festivities that are Spooketober.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're on Washington.
Speaker 2: And then also throw a little decoration. That's rule number four. Gotta have decoration, a little decoration. I gotta hold myself accountable.
Speaker 5: You need to go what you do last year.
Speaker 2: I had pumpkins last year. So if you just which is all you need. But as somebody who's gonna stand on the front lines with my boy, you're right, I have to hold myself accountable. I have to hold myself to a higher standard. But all that being said, rule number four, throw some decoration up somewhere in the house.
Speaker 5: So throw some decorations in the house, dude. That is and literally it's about just the start of the holiday season. It's the first kickoff because before you know what, boys and girls, you're gonna blink and San is gonna be at your house.
Speaker 2: Please do not skip over Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: I know I said you're gonna blink. That's what getting you towards the end. Yeah, but Thanksgivings, fire, Thanksgiving, it's time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So dude, we need to figure out a shirt too for Spectober.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sooner rather than later.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we've had some bangers though in the last few years.
Speaker 5: I think I packed one. I think I packed when we were coming out of Chicago. But yeah, dude, fun pod got nostalgic talk, some ball, got to get back into the the my conversation in my head of do you go diesel or not? And how much is Well going to judge you?
Speaker 2: Good intro, very good intro. You'll see us again on Thursday morning when the locker room that's where we preview our football for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Who do you guys got this week in Michigan.
Speaker 5: Oh, we got the Minnesota Gophers.
Speaker 2: Minnesota Gophers, Nebraska obviously mascott Yeah who knows? Yeah, yeah cool mascot. We got the boy mate. But we will be previewing all that stuff on the Locker Room. That show drops every Thursday morning, where we preview, we talked ball, we talk gambling picks, and again we have a fan calling segment. Did you see our fan calling segment last week? I didn't. It was the best, really, the fan calling segment we had last week. The standard. He was dressed, He had a funny looking Michigan helmet on.
Speaker 5: He had a Michigan.
Speaker 2: Jersey on that went right above his right above his belly button. He fed us his picks. He did it the right way. He understood the assignment. And if you want to be featured on the Locker Room, you basically come up with your favorite parlay of the weekend. You do a selfie video saying what your picks are. For a chance to be featured on the show to the Locker Room, all you have to do is submit that video to info at BUSTINWTB dot com. Again, selfie video with your favorite parlay football parlay of the weekend, submit it to info at bustin wb t uh oh oh, submit it at info at bustin WTB dot com for a chance to be featured on the show. Fellas, this was a hell of an intro. Let's get to the interview with the spin Chicklets boys Paul Bisonette and Ryan Whitney.
Speaker 5: Wad up this episode to bring you DraftKings TD Tuddy taking one to the in for six. Whatever you call a touchdown, one thing's for sure, touchdowns matter more at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sportsbook partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or defense, we don't care how they score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and Draftking Sportsbook is delivering ready to place your first bet. Try betting on something simple like picking a player to score a touchdown or how many tds will be in a game. Go to Draftking sports Book gapp on, Go to Draftking Sportsbook app and make your pick. Ready to do a touchdown dance of your own. New DraftKings customers bet five dollars, get to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big with Draftking Sportsbook, the number one place to bet on touchdowns. Download the Draftking Sportsbook app and use code bust That's b us for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. When you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. By the way, the crown is yours. Back to the episode, what.
Speaker 1: Do you guys want to talk about? Let's do this roll talking. Yeah, yeah, it sick.
Speaker 4: How sick of these shoes?
Speaker 2: I love wearing the same shoes right now.
Speaker 1: I love for the brand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to give you guys a disclaimer. So on the intro, Will and I were like, remember when we did the Chicklets podcast. We all just got banked up in Florida to do it again. So for everybody who thought.
Speaker 6: Would keep my promise is like I got to eat too broside to get ready for this podcast.
Speaker 5: You're like, hey, let's just.
Speaker 4: Do this, and then I delayed it for thirty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Bring a full plate of food. I was thinking to myself, my god, he's really living the dream right now. No, yeah, I mean look at him.
Speaker 7: He's got the shower, Rob, You're always comfy business dresses, comforting.
Speaker 5: We're going to be comfort comfy in like marches By like a beat of his beat his own drum.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And can also I say, are.
Speaker 1: We on recording recording? Oh we're we already started the podcast. I was like, when are we hitting the play button.
Speaker 7: I figured once he kind of mentioned the intro to last their their episode with We're going to get high with him, and then he said, Jesus Christ Biz also has the ability to like he can wear anything and pull it off. Like there's outfits he can wear that if I wore, people would be like, what the fu is.
Speaker 2: He's got the juice bro, yeahs got.
Speaker 4: Ye, he's got the flip fla.
Speaker 1: This is very kind of you guys to start episode of there wear whatever they want. You might make. You might get me a kill on this a residual as they said.
Speaker 5: I'm honest.
Speaker 7: Oh well, oh you think Trickles is any any any lower than about the bunnies. I don't think they're listening to to podcasts from bas and Win.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let me just let me let me phrase this.
Speaker 1: You're cute.
Speaker 5: When I was at Michigan, there was like the puck bunny thing was so real, Like there was just a group of girls that were just all about the hockey boys. Was that for like that for y'all like coming up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it wasn't uh in junior where I played, it wasn't crazy. I think if you played for like the London nights and you're in you're living in London, Ontario, where Western University is. It would have been crazy Witt went to college. Well maybe it was a little different in college, but fuck man, in junior we had like curfew and shit, we weren't even allowed to go to bars like what and especially when I was playing in Saga in Michigan, drinking age was twenty one like I was. I was seventeen eighteen and then turned nineteen and then I was off to Owen Sound and Buddy, their Owen Sound is not where you go to meet women. I'll just put it that way.
Speaker 5: Owen Sound does not.
Speaker 4: There was obviously like football girls, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I feel like there's just like different types, like how I feel like football.
Speaker 7: Hockey games are better in port. Hockey's better in sport to witness and watch than football.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if we're going to change the subjects to that, I agree, yeah.
Speaker 1: Agree, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe these girls enjoy like the live actual hockey.
Speaker 5: Was more enjoyable to watch, and they'd be crushing it if the NFL said no, no, hockey is more more fun to watch in person. Football is better to watch. Football is built for TV.
Speaker 1: I can't. That's all me.
Speaker 4: I went to a couple of.
Speaker 1: It's brutal. Hey, they're brutal, brutal, there's so much better and that's why it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Okay, tell me this. There's five million timeouts.
Speaker 7: I get it all the TV dough there's very rarely in the NFL like good games.
Speaker 1: They're all blowouts.
Speaker 7: It feels like so at least on TV, you're just clicking around, you're watching other games. When you're at a game that there's five million timeouts and it's a blow out, it's like, this is not good, brutal.
Speaker 5: It's not a terrible take. It really isn't.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly it's all that matters. Well, that's why it makes so much money. Hockey does not transfer over on television nearly as well as it is in person. It's it's like, it's not.
Speaker 2: Even a reason for that.
Speaker 1: You think, well, they've tried to experiment with different camera angles and stuff, and I just it just doesn't work. You got to keep the original kind of pain at a certain level. And like in the NFL, you guys have those zip lines above so it's almost like you're in the huddle and then it zips out and then you're seeing it's crazy the technology and how they're able to do it. Hockey, they just they they haven't found a way. They've spent money, they've they've had universities do trials, and it's too it's because of the speed of the game and the constant movement. It's too much for the viewer. It almost like confuses them to the point where they're like, I got a fucking headache watching this. Like even with they started doing the behind the netcam on the power play and they would go and they would kind of just rotate it, and even people complained about that. I didn't mind that angle, but uh, it just uh it's I mean, hockey's gonna keep doing growing and being better in the States. I just think that it doesn't transfer over quite the bite that the NFL has.
Speaker 5: Has the NHL ever experimented with like a like a skycam where they have it like trail behind and then have maybe like two cameras on both sides so they can follow.
Speaker 7: There is something like that now where a camera rips along the above the glass, and I think I think it's it's it's pretty good actually, but the biggest thing would be NFL is so like that. The hits and how fast these guys are, it's incredible, and the cameras right down on the field.
Speaker 4: You see the replays that.
Speaker 7: They got the full spree speed replays where you hear the crashes hockey. Because of the boards on TV, you don't see how fast they're going. But that's why if people go sit front row, like my father in law got tickets now behind the Bruins net and he's like, I cannot believe the speed and the size of these guys, But on TV it doesn't show. So that's why in person, I mean, I think the boards aspect is the biggest thing you can't get right there, like those cameras on.
Speaker 1: The field in the NFL.
Speaker 7: But it's but hockey's in a great spot. But I was gonna say about football I saw today. I think Dante Barstol did a blog about the product being bad. But how the numbers are their their skyrocketing still the NFL and they worship It's crazy.
Speaker 5: It's become like a show. It's like the TV is like an event. Hockey is just here when you watch, but hockey on games like you don't really get a full understanding of how fast everyone's going. No, you just kind of see, like you said, the lens where it goes back and forth. Football. I feel like when you watch it on TV, it looks so much faster than when you view it in person. I was at the Titans game this past weekend and I was sitting up in this suite looking down, and it was like everyone's trying to just it didn't seem like crazy fast to me.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, and if you're sitting up high in an NHL arena, it's definitely similar to that where you can't tell like the physicality and the speed, but you're still seeing plays developed that you can't on TV watching hockey, and it's just.
Speaker 4: In person the best sport for me. Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually prefer watching it, like as a former player. I like watching it from up top because I like seeing it all develop, Like I don't need to be on the glass from like a viewership perspective. I kind of like being up top. No, I love it.
Speaker 7: And will would you say if you sat up high in an NFL stadium where the coordinators are, would you see plays developed? Would you realize right away when a guy missed assignment or like do you know you know what I mean? In the game, Is it like hockey where you can see all how a breakaway happens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you time, we're still pretty good. Like even if you're on the front ruck, I still feel like you're a good distance to wait where you're kind of seeing the entire formation.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I.
Speaker 5: Don't think like not like not a whole lot. I guess, well, I disagree with that. When we went and did the spring give an ASU, is so hard for me to tell who was who and what was going on. I couldn't see the far side of the field. But when I was up there at that game this weekend, you see the formations. You see her protection breaks down. That's fair. You see like people hitting gaps and stuff like that, Like, oh, you could see that all the running back missed the gap there, right, This guy.
Speaker 7: He happened really like right before it happens almost yeah, like up top you see it in hockey at least you see a pucket rimmed around. You see two guys take off, and you're like, dude, if this pucket's by this defense and it's pension, these guys are gone because you've already seen him from up top, go do you know what I'm saying kind of.
Speaker 5: Like what you're saying to me is but like being a casual fan of hockey, the development of place, to me, it looks like just five guys holding the zone the entire time, and you're like you're kind of just watching guys kind of together. You really see it in power play, like with the four how they kind of rotate, like I think that's fascinating. But when it's five on five, to me, it just seems like now they're duking out. The two defensemen are just kind of chilling back there kind of hey, don't let you get past the blue line. And that's really it. But you guys actually do guys actually have plays like Tochi yelling I run twister.
Speaker 7: There's face off plays, but there's like when you're on the ice, you're just like talking to your line mates and you're talking on the bench like go here next time, and you're all like it's like knowing what you're gonna do before you do it. There's not like plays I think you kind of like there's systems in a sense of like how you play in structure and how you pressure teams in the neutral zone.
Speaker 1: I would say it's evolved to where it's it's like it's very it's a lot more in depth now than it was like fifteen years ago, just because of the amount of video, the amount of coaches like talk talks about like their neutral neutral zone four check and little thing like that, like a power play zone entry where you might have a couple different options of how you like, like you go up ice get control. Yeah, so there, Yeah, there's not as much as you think because it's such a reactionary sport, but in controlled settings, like for instance, a controlled breakout, like you said, off of a face off. So there's certain situations of the game you can control, and you gotta like practice the practice those in training camp, like you would run plays like.
Speaker 5: What's a control breakout? I mean, because I'm thinking to myself.
Speaker 7: Like, so so you stay defense is behind the net, and the center swings down and he either picks up the puck or he goes. The other team has kind of sat back. Once you get control behind the net, they're just gonna be like, all right, we have a set four check, right, you know how to combat what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if like the center swings the defensive side of the coach like on the defensive team, he'll say, swing with that centerman. Some of them might say, like all of you five guys stand in the neutral zone and just kind of let them have it up there and then try to come up the ice. So it's yeah, it's constantly evolving, and then like game to game, you're getting a video breakdown of their power play, their penalty kill and these types of situations what they might do off face off, face off plays, their control breakout, their zone entry on a power play. So you kind of get that five to eight minutes of video in the morning of the day of a game. But the thing that's hard about hockey is you're playing, you know, thirty one other teams, so you.
Speaker 4: Have to do different systems.
Speaker 1: So you have to have a team who kind of is easily able to adapt, like has hockey smarts and saying, okay, today we're not doing the same four check we were last night on the control breakout because maybe that centerman who swung for the offensive team went behind the neck, grabbed the puck and it's fucking caprice off where he can actually go end to end by himself. So it is just like coaching is so fucking important nowadays just because of how good the league's gotten and all these miny details that you have to teach your players and then keep them reminded of as it goes.
Speaker 7: In football, do you base team to team change your defense?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, depending on the system that the offense is running or defense.
Speaker 7: So would there be a game obviously it's different for offensive line as a defensive player, would there be a game you're playing a certain defense where you're not like in because it's that defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't play that one, right, So you have like bigger personnel and lighter personnel, or its like you're in twenty one personnel which is two running backs and one tight end, or twelve personnel or thirteen personnel, like those are bigger body personnels to where they're running at least double tight end. So you play more of a base package too that have bigger bodies in their three four linebackers. There's a lot of teams now just playing with two linebackers. But then when it gets lighter in the box. So you see with the Chiefs when they spread it out, they're three wide, So thirteen personnel eleven or my fault, not thirteen eleven personnel, ten personnel.
Speaker 5: When they're breaking out with a lot more receiving more.
Speaker 2: Then you need more speed, more speed, so you swap out a back or with a nickel, you swap out a back or with a dime.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, like that's why I view football is like there's always a break, and it's like, all right, someone won a battle here, Now what are we gonna put on the field to best combat each right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: And everything situational.
Speaker 2: So like any given week, you're starting off and you're breaking down the running game like first and ten, their play action off the run game, their first and ten or second ten passes. Then as you get later in the week, you're breaking down third down, and not just third down, but third down from what do they do from at third and one? Does this team combine one to three? Will they call any play? Will they just have a couple go to plays in third and one? So it's third one, third and two to three, third and four to seven and third and eight plus Yeah, from all different situations.
Speaker 1: How much time are you consuming a video setting up for that next week?
Speaker 5: Way more than you on the field, Like hours and hours, Like you're if on Wednesday, if you go in the building your first meetings at seven am, you're watching film and either with your offense team or in your into like your individual line or linebackers, and then you go to practice and then.
Speaker 7: Watch video seven till eleven. I'm not falling asleep, no.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, yeah, you you deal with that all the time. But that's like, that's that's rookie ship, like you, that's professional. Yeah, the first time you you kind of start to doze off, Hey, stand up, if you're having a problem, have a coffee or whatever. That it's like that's the grind of the season. It's not necessarily the practices of the games. Like that does wear on you eventually, but like it's the constant every day and the redundancy of Like Wednesday is the first install, so you're doing, uh, your base packages, the meat and potatoes of what we're gonna do in this game. And then the next day you focus more on third down and everything in the red zone and yeah, red red zone. And then Friday you go through like your two minute calls, which is usually numbered one through ten, and one will tell you everything. Odd numbers are usually sliding to the right. Even numbers are signed to the left. Oh god, if you if you go down hundreds, No, it's but it's dude, it's so easy because there's probably twenty for real football players, twenty football players in football, and I'm I could be totally off with the number. But they're all like, yeah, I don't know, Yeah, there's total Yeah, but I'm saying, like, if you looked at like there's the different variations place runs and bass pass concepts, there's there's only a finite amount. So let's just say it's twenty. But on top of that, there's like fifty different wrinkles to each play. How you're going to motion, where guys line up, and then you're obviously playing the other side too, how do they play off its? Are they penetrators or are they two gappers? So now you're thinking how you're getting your combination blocks differently. These corners play press like we were talking earlier with blitzes, Like you're like, oh, if you're if you're a left tackle and you see a guy coming off the edge, what do you do. It's like, well, is it my assignment to get that guy or is it my assignment to take this guy I have on me, and if it is, I usually would take the team like all the stuff. When like we're as a team together, they would kind of give me their tendencies and game plans as a whole, and then on my own time when I get home, I would evaluate the individual player that most of my most of my matchup is that, which I'm sure Like if you're playing the Saints and you're like, god forbid, it's second down, you have to go out with Alvin Kamara, Right, you're watching every option round album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from your guys standpoint, you're you're you're realizing, like, all right, do they play more of a two shell defense or are they a big heavy cover three defense this week? What do they do when you got them in a situation and we motion them out to empty? How do they adjust an empty? Does the linebacker like I prefer check, we're at to stay and get there's the line?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does the linebacker stand the podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But like you when you guys are saying, when you guys are saying centers coming for check, stay in the gray zone and they come on up or whatever the zone?
Speaker 1: How many how many of your listeners.
Speaker 4: The zone forever, now forever?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: How many.
Speaker 5: Area turnovers?
Speaker 1: Right? How many of your listeners like appreciate you guys get the weeds on the football talk or do you think not a lot of them understand that the same question.
Speaker 4: That's the same thing two hours ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, literally when we were.
Speaker 2: You were legit there when we asked was about to.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we start getting in the weeds and like we'll get one.
Speaker 4: Hockey people like, yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Like, we don't give a fuck, tell us a kill story. I'm sure people they appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Football we kind of got in the weeds a little bit even in the intro. But let me ask you this, like playoffs, if you're playing a team possibly seven times, how redundant does that get?
Speaker 1: Not? Really?
Speaker 7: Because the playoffs are so like incredible to be a part of. You're so fired up for every game and excited to go over the game tape and if you win, let's keep this thing going. If you lose, like we can only lose three more times. So like, yeah, January, you're going through film, you're playing Jersey, You're watching their power play and their penalty kill and yeah, you got another game.
Speaker 4: It's game fifty six. But when you get to April and May and.
Speaker 7: June, hopefully you're so dialed in and excited and like cannot wait to get to.
Speaker 1: The every day. Do you ever think I don't like the redundancy between that time. There's too many games.
Speaker 4: Too many games, eighty two games before playoffs.
Speaker 1: If they put it down to seventy, I think it would be the perfect amount because you would get a little bit more rested between games, so they'll be fresher, the product will be better and every game will mean more, and I think a little bit less out of conference, like create that rivalry within the conference of like where you're clawing to get out rather than I just think eighty two is way too much. This is topic.
Speaker 4: I just have to say this quick. It's not really off topic, but.
Speaker 7: This is why I originally the Premier League soccer in England. I was originally like, what the fuck? There's no playoffs but the regular season champ is the champ and the bottom three teams get relegated. That would obviously never happen. It's actually sick how they do it. Every game matter, every game matter.
Speaker 5: So much of them right until what if one team is so far in the last five games of the season, they're like, we're the champs.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say too, Like, what's what's interesting with like the like the team sports that go deep in the playoffs and have like seven rounds, like all your guys is like the NBA, you think about it, they have a lot of games. The MLB has a lot of games in the regular seasons, obviously, playoff basketball, playoff baseball, playoff hockey, like it all seems to get really heightened around your sport then to whereas with football, I feel like since you only play seventeen games, like Monday night football, Thursday night matters everything, like expect every game matters.
Speaker 4: And I saw a stat that.
Speaker 7: I think one of the last forty four teams or something that started own two made the playoffs. So you get off to a slow start, right, I gotta ran, I got a current football player question for you.
Speaker 1: Can I go into that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, why is it? Did they let Derek Henry go from your Titans guys? A French football fan. I saw him the other day against Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, went off.
Speaker 4: I'm like this guy Tennessee like didn't play him at the end of the year that much. And then didn't sign him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I love that question right.
Speaker 4: Now, you'll you'll ask your answer.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, yeah, Like here here's my my If I'm putting myself in the GM's brain of the TENNI, no, I don't, but this is this would be my assumption. There is only one back in the last twenty years that has outplayed their second contract in their first contract.
Speaker 4: That's Derrick Henry.
Speaker 5: So if you're thinking of your ROI from a backstandpoint some point end, the market's gone so low, so you're essentially my My thought is this, like Derrick Henry was the Titans, yep, and you know your ceiling was at one point, maybe a super Bowl when you had Aj Brown, Tannehill was firing all cylinders. You had guys like actually killing it. But like then AJ was gone. It was really more one dimensional. Derek, and you saw that your ceiling was first second round the playoffs, like how do you get how do you get over that hump? And their thought is is like, if we bring in more speed everywhere to we're not so predictable. We cut eyes with Derek because we know that eventually that decline is going to happen. It's just inevitable. We get rid of him, we we we get our best ROI out of it, and then we have like a team that can like throw it all over the yard not working right now?
Speaker 1: The risk? Why not just sign them for what do you get?
Speaker 5: Well, I think he got two years sixteen, so they couldn't.
Speaker 1: Two years, and so if he he drops off in year one, it's like fuck. I think he deserves a swan song. I mean his last year, if he was played half the games.
Speaker 5: I would have loved it for I would have loved for Derek to stay. I just think I think everybody would. Nine years that I was on the Titans, it was, besides the first two years, essentially the same football team. Every year.
Speaker 1: We're gonna work Derek.
Speaker 5: Give it to Derek not but like we're we're a tough football team. Didn't make a whole lot of mistakes, and we try to get in third and manageables and get out of there. If we got behind the sticks, it would be over. And so we were just a team that would just grind you out for four quarters.
Speaker 1: I feel like football is the most cut throat of them all, and like the loyalty is next year. I feel like there's a little bit more or a lot more in hockey, and you can sign these eight year deals, which if you.
Speaker 2: Was going to say you get bought out, you fully guaranteed deal.
Speaker 1: You get bought out, you get two thirds of the deal if you're.
Speaker 5: Over the James James Neil hasn't been in the leaf for like half a decade now, he's still getting paid.
Speaker 1: Right, So they's wild. No, So what they do is, let's say he got bought out and he had three years left on his deal and he was making six million bucks, you would get two thirds of that, so four million over per per year, so three years twelve million over six years, so twice the length of how many years you had left. So they kind of space it out. So if he if you had three years left, he get paid for six years, but two thirds can't take care of the guy afterwards, spend it stupid and he gets bought out.
Speaker 7: Some guys get bought out signed with a new team because they're bought out, not because they're not end each ollers anymore.
Speaker 4: But it's just like hard cap, hard cap, we got to get rid of money. This guy's still solid.
Speaker 7: But like you said with Derek, Henry, like he's getting older, You get bought out, get thy signed with another team, end up making more than you would have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a double dip in the leak too, but it's a one year thing. Boy, got the double dip? What's that?
Speaker 2: I got a double dip?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 5: You got a small dip, A small small yeah, hey, but a dip nonetheless. Yeah, but it will because my brain is not firing. Also, olds, how do you double dip?
Speaker 4: You just said it's allowed in the NFL for one.
Speaker 5: You can, but it's like a year by your base.
Speaker 2: No, every vested like veteran can double dip one time in their career. So when I am as a vested player and I'm on the day one opening roster, like if the ball kicks off and I'm on on that unit, like my year is now owed to me. Okay if they were to if they were to cut me, I would still get that salary that they owe me, and then I could still sign with somewhere else and then you also get the money on top of it.
Speaker 1: That's a blessing in disguise. Yeah. Yeah, I was going to ask as far as like that ruthlessness of the fact that they just snip guys. Has the Players Association and Football done a better job to claw back at more like guaranteed and how I guess less ruthless. It is from a guy who could play, you know, you know he could be gone the next day after an injury or something.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I'm to speak positively about the nflp A going.
Speaker 4: I mean you're not willing to.
Speaker 5: No, I just don't think they I don't think I think they could be way more effective than they actually are.
Speaker 1: Do you think that, knowing whatever that comes from the guys making sixty million a year though stepping up on behalf of those guys.
Speaker 5: I think your I think your problem is is the degrees of payment are insane. Like on a team, you have three to five guys that are broke off, like don't have to work again the rest of their lives. And then the rest of.
Speaker 4: It is like they're eating the classes.
Speaker 5: Like you have your upper class and then the middle class up.
Speaker 2: The middle classes.
Speaker 5: But basically, yeah, cut a very very large amount of the lower class. So when you get to the CBA negotiations to collective Bargaining Agreement and like renegotiating everything, it's it's the same way as you look at politics, like they throw out a couple of things like, oh, we're going to give a higher minimum to rookies or guys that are, you know, under your four years, and everyone's like, oh, we got to jump at that because the majority of the league is like four years or younger. Because there's such a high turnover rate and the average of.
Speaker 4: The league is too. It's so big, dude, that.
Speaker 1: That turnover rate has hit the NHL because it's way it wasn't like that like ten years ago.
Speaker 5: Guys is a higher demand of athletes now like a higher supply of athletes. There's more. I just feel like with all the access we have to social media and the training and all that, even for when I was in high school, I see what these kids had. I was at my high school last week and it just seems like their facilities are nicer. They just have a right, they're put in a better position to be successful. So you just got kids peddling out that are like like the I guess the barrier of entry has kind of just done this a little bit more so they can cycle out that bottom you know ten yeah, way cheaper, which is what.
Speaker 1: The NFL is like you got to win.
Speaker 4: And like with the with the QB on his like rookie.
Speaker 7: Deal, like like it's five years you want before you got to pay him? If he's a stud, right, you gotta so it's you're looking for your cheapest options.
Speaker 2: It's like with the Bengals, they when they had Joe Burrow and they knew he's gonna be a star, it's like they're poor. They're trying to pour more money into the offensive line and get him weapons. With Jamar chasing those guys, Uh, they're just aund.
Speaker 1: Question about him, like handsome guy. Obviously he's got the world by the balls. He's star quarterback. Like I don't know if I want to like my star quarterback kind of walking in with these fucking outfits every time like that, like I brought him, just be a little bit more all business.
Speaker 5: That's so hockey of you.
Speaker 1: What do you mean that's so hot hot? I thought you'd like the outfits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got hit.
Speaker 5: The outfit he wore to night was kind of I didn't see.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like I get like Pink.
Speaker 1: I got I get switched up a little bit. But he's got like the frosted tips going. He looks like Kendall that he's like a thrown M and M you know Ken dollh phase where it's just like Buddy, like get off your fucking Instagram grid and get the fucking playbook. No, on my fucking mind.
Speaker 5: I think I think Joe is like one of the guys you don't got to worry about. Like jo just seems like a cat that's like dial like dial the fuck.
Speaker 1: They say.
Speaker 2: They say Joe b plays chess against himself and his locker.
Speaker 5: Like he's just a different cat.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you're like Austin Matthews shows the flare.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I think that I would be. I would. I'm saying that if I could have the ladder, like if I could have like Tom Brady walking in like a tailored suit, I'd rather it seems like that guy is just there for business rather than like worrying about this new like trendy outfit.
Speaker 4: This is coming from a guy wearing a robe, right, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want me to be a fucking starting quarterback. I wouldn't want me getting the fucking water bottles to win a championship like that's not me being a hypocrite either, Like I was the guy who dressed like a I'm saying I don't want eating the ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you get the old school vice.
Speaker 1: So I guess I was wrong in a sense of maybe in a certain case he's delegating his attention to like something that I would be like, eh, like, let's just win some fucking games here. But you're saying he's highly intelligent, highly committed, and I'm off base on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it into if he's got a third thing, which again I'm not in the locker room, but if he has good relationships with the guys, like ultimately you want them influence and you know, having influence on the locker room in a positive way. You know, you like, you want the locker room to feel good about the quarterback and you don't care what other people think, right right, Well, and if he checks all those boxes of intelligence said that you guys got jam where you're like, uh, because he's there's guys that can just they're just in that one percent of the one percent and they get the They have a little different they have a different swagger, they can kind of they can.
Speaker 5: Kind of do what they want. Yeah, but I feel like just being an outsider like kind of casually enjoying hockey. I feel like that's a very true hockey mindset that because they all like you guys have to wear suits, suit and tie all the time. You put a microphone in front of ninety nine hockey.
Speaker 1: Players, it feels like you guys are more.
Speaker 5: And even talking to Biz well got that, but like just talking to you guys, like anytime there's a compliment dished your away, you're passing it somewhere else, like you hockey players like don't look at me.
Speaker 2: Like, don't give him very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I.
Speaker 5: Was a guy that showed a little flare, sup ban Oh yeah, I feel like he was a flair guy. I didn't know. I don't know anything about his play, but it seemed like one of the things that kind of got him out of Nashville and like sent him somewhere else.
Speaker 7: But I mean he he was he was like a dynamic player. I mean he would have these end and rushes, especially the illness career of Montreal.
Speaker 4: All the crowd used to like love them. He'd get the puck and they'd all like start like a small chant and then he just looked wind it up.
Speaker 1: He was like a legend. But I also feel like it they actually let him be himself in Nashville. And it was more towards the end of his time in Montreal when Bergerban came.
Speaker 7: In Terran and him had some beefs that went like yeah, in between periods and some of those reality shows that might have followed the Canadians, he's you know, he's giving it to him a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it was more it was more as end time in Montreal, and I knew we were going to talk about the Predators at some point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we were talking earlier and we actually we always do this between a pod. We're talking to somebody, it's like, hey, to save it, but I want to know your thought on the press this year, because everyone I talked to is like, yeah, the Pred's got a squad, a young squad, and they just got Buddy from the Lightning.
Speaker 4: They had a bunch of buddiesh from Lightning and Vegas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they got studs everywhere and they kind of showed up last year in a big way towards the end, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Poil handed it off to Barry Trotz who was there as the head coach, and like I I would have assumed at one point it would have just been a complete rebuild based on where they were headed, but it's been a quick retool, like they ended up getting in the.
Speaker 7: Ryans at each position, which does change the fact that, like the full rebuild might not be necessary. Forward y, they got Forstburg, Yosi and Sorrows, great three stallions.
Speaker 1: To build to build off them absolutely, and then they go out and get Ryan O'Reilly, which I think that people might have thought he would have signed back in Toronto, but you know, Stanley Cup champion, but on the back nine of his career for sure. I go don't how much gas he has left in the tank. But making obviously a huge blast was getting Marshaso and stam Cooast were also older guys, so it kind of feels like a few of them have maybe even slighted, like Marchaso got hosed in in Vegas and then stamp Coast with the lightning. So they're getting these cagey old veterans and surrounding them with you know, they got a couple of good young players. Evangelista is a good player. Yeah, So they kind of did this retool as opposed to a rebuild, and with goaltending like that and with a solid lineup and good KG veterans that have been there and done that, I think that they're going to for sure make playoffs like and you never know, maybe they can go on a deep run like stam Coast proven champ being Marciso proven champion, Ryan O'Reilly, con smythe Stanley Cup winner, Yosi's All World and then Sarah's is an All World goalie. So I think it's really going to depend on some of these younger players that are are in limbo a little bit and how much they can help the team. And obviously Forsburg amongst those players I mentioned our Elastick. I think you had a fortys I know he's the man.
Speaker 4: He's a great dude, sick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's a big capast like super skilled star.
Speaker 1: And and shows up in hard times like you can play that hard playoff style game. So not really sure what to expect from the youth, but hopefully whatever they do have from prospects to youth pops quick, because like I said, all these guys that are their leaders are really on the back nine of their career.
Speaker 4: So let me let me say too.
Speaker 7: I think obviously BIZ talks a lot about the no state tax teams.
Speaker 1: They're one of them in the NHL.
Speaker 7: Everyone who asked me like favorite of being in a play in I kind of say Montreal.
Speaker 1: Like where should I go to a game? Nashville.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that stadium and the fact it's right on broad it's the best set up in the league. Like, if you want to see your team on the road, Yeah, Vegas is cool, go to Nashville.
Speaker 4: I love that city. They had the draft there in twenty twenty three, and I think busin and I.
Speaker 1: Said it should be here every year.
Speaker 7: It's just where the rink is, and how sick of a city Nashville is to visit. It's a hell of a spot now to like have players want to be there.
Speaker 1: If I was a Canadian, uh, well, I am a Canadian. But if I was telling a Canadian to head down the States to go get an American experience, I would probably say go to Nashville for a weekend and then go taking a game at Bridgestone as like a hockey cultural experience, because I believe that that's what they set up there. I know I fumblefucked out the start. But I think you guys there, yeah, likes more so than sending them to Vegas first, Like.
Speaker 5: The environment's crazy that I feel like for people from the South, where hockey is not influential at all, they completely understand the assignment of how to get into the game, be about it, have the chance, buy in, steal the red wings, octopus stay. Now we're making the catfish like right, just truly, it's it's like a culture flush.
Speaker 4: It's SEC football ish for hockey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but but you're we're saying the first best and Big Ten is the best conference.
Speaker 4: You knowllege football not for fans, But what do you mean? Like the SEC games like you've.
Speaker 5: Ever seen one hundred and fifteen thousand screens?
Speaker 4: I went to a Michigan game. I went to a Michigan game.
Speaker 1: It was awesome.
Speaker 7: And now the Big Ten, I guess is different. You added in USC and you added in somebody else in Oregon. So those two places, actually I don't know if USC's that's it.
Speaker 4: Sick of an atmosphere.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'm wrong, But then you got like Rutgers, you got like some teams where every SEC stadium.
Speaker 4: Am I wrong?
Speaker 5: Vanderbilt.
Speaker 4: You guys, are you guys are very biased?
Speaker 1: You're both Big Ten.
Speaker 4: It's we're talking, Oh.
Speaker 1: Me, Vanderbilt is college football bigger than ever? Yeah, you guys, it is, bro.
Speaker 4: Bigger in the South, it is.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Are you doing are you No?
Speaker 5: No, I'm really trying to think about it. Bro, think about this. You got Ohio, Michigan, Penn State, even throwing Nebraska, well, that's that Nebraska, Michigan State. Like you go to these schools in the Big Ten, and you start to realize, like people who live around the region fucking die for all of these teams, like they're about it. It's different, like.
Speaker 4: People are living in that Big Ten.
Speaker 5: It's a way of life. And then in the South, it's a religion.
Speaker 2: Religion that sounds kind of like both religion religion deep.
Speaker 4: Plan excellent, You landed that plane accidently, you got you?
Speaker 1: I thought it was a.
Speaker 5: Religion is like the same shit.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna trump my Joe Burrow, take and take the focus off me there, Really you really can, Joe Burrow.
Speaker 5: I will tell you if Joe Burrow was three and o right now, we would alway sitting here being like, guy, get.
Speaker 1: Him, because yeah, but he's not what is he owen or one and two?
Speaker 5: But listen, I think he's about one and two.
Speaker 7: He's he's down twenty eight thirteen three minutes stuff in the third and about six minutes the game. I bet the Bengals and bought it to minus six and a half which made it minus one thirty three and hammered him.
Speaker 1: So I believed in him.
Speaker 7: But right now they're gonna be They're gonna be one and two getting smoked by the command.
Speaker 5: You really, yeah, Jayden didn't du having new quarterbacks come in that are like can run like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just get dangerous.
Speaker 4: He's he's ten.
Speaker 5: Tyler Murray did his rookie year, Like it's just Cat said, they just deceptive on their legs on the ground.
Speaker 1: What do you make of all the whole Taylor Swift, the Travis Kelf stuff, Like obviously it's probably talked about way too much and and too often. I don't know if it pisses off your your viewers when you guys talk about it, But like that kind of went nuclear, Like this guy is like gonna make like hundreds of millions when.
Speaker 5: Their podcast did.
Speaker 2: Like a hundred million dollar deal.
Speaker 4: I think New heightsed like paying her to like be at all these games.
Speaker 5: You know, who knows it can be some deep state stuff?
Speaker 1: Do you think? So?
Speaker 4: Oh whoa? But I know I don't truly believe that, but I love like, sorry.
Speaker 1: What's oh no, what's the like popularity from like a stats perspective, like viewership, Internet clicks?
Speaker 4: Crazy?
Speaker 5: The cap would have crazy this year based on revenues generated from twenty twenty three, and that had a lot. Yeah, it was a big ghatto.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Guy, she's getting paid huh he thinks I'm not to even asking.
Speaker 2: Just because I think games, Yeah, but just because I think what her and Travis have is real. So if it's she's going to go to the game, she's not like trying.
Speaker 7: To because it was real and she's like the business woman it seems she is. She would she's at the game. It's popping that. It's the biggest news that she's at a game. You don't think she could be like I.
Speaker 4: Want to start getting paid for the CBS or NFL.
Speaker 2: Hell no, bro, she makes like billions of dollars.
Speaker 4: Rich people they always take aways to make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but what are they what is a big reach? But the what are you charging? Like if you if they're like all right, throwing numbers.
Speaker 1: But what do you think I want? I want?
Speaker 4: I want two million bucks every game I go to the NFL.
Speaker 1: If Swift is a like, hey, can we have your fans vote on who had the worst take by Joe Burrow or that one? I think we should have a vote who's going to walk the plank? Like you think this a bro that's being a bron And you took all the focus off me there.
Speaker 4: But I don't necessarily believe it.
Speaker 1: But then I wanted to argue it. But I want to see your bank statements.
Speaker 5: Do you need Taylor Swift at your game? Is that bad that you're paying too?
Speaker 1: Apparently you're telling me the cap went up because of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really went on around, but he goes up huge after.
Speaker 1: The players must like tell him thank you, thank you every time they line up across from him.
Speaker 5: Based on what he had sound happy right now, Travis under some hot water right now? He said, probably his first three games have been tough, like not Travis at all, And and there's a new m basically saying like oh we got to see where his priorities are at. Like, this is the first time I think it's the beginning of Travis's career that people are like, what's going on with him? Because he's always was the bench every time and shows up always trying to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I also wouldn't give a funck till game eight if I'm like the Kansas City Chiefs, because I know, just get ready to come on. Like we talked about the dog Days during the hockey season, game fifty six to you know, sixty two or whatever, like his dog days?
Speaker 4: What's that It's only six games?
Speaker 5: Hey, buddy, it's lately put it on the list for the fans to talk about.
Speaker 1: What take did? Yeah, I did both of mine outweigh wits. I don't even remember where I was the dog days.
Speaker 4: Dog The dog.
Speaker 1: Days for k C and and him are like games one through four. They're like, fuck, man, he's.
Speaker 5: Never had a losing season.
Speaker 7: He's never had a losing year. Have no Yeah, it seems like why could they not get another.
Speaker 1: What's the what's their record?
Speaker 5: He might have been to the playoffs and imagine the hot proove.
Speaker 7: In my argument of not knowing the NFL but saying you're so dumb to draft these high quarterbacks and playing first year.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. Let them watch and learn and practice and take a year in and then have them start. Mahomes did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rady arguments Aaron Rodgers are giving against the Aaron Rodgers did it?
Speaker 1: What CJ.
Speaker 4: Shrouds argument? But for every seems like there's fifty.
Speaker 5: But there's there's multiple guys that. Josh Allen's another guy that was thrust it in there. Joe Burrow is another guy got thrust in.
Speaker 4: Joe Burrow was the first overall superstar.
Speaker 2: Manning. He threw He's got the league record for interceptions.
Speaker 4: That I thought that was broken.
Speaker 1: No, we had a couple. Oh that was cool.
Speaker 7: Huh Yeah that walk in Tennessee uniforms with yeah concert, no helmet on.
Speaker 1: He's a silly guy, you guys him.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It was probably the best episode we've ever had.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 5: It was just like a legend because you get like a white well I'm sure you guys got your but like you get one of them on and like just stoked to have him. But then he's telling stories, were like, I wish we had three more hours. That's a dream yeah, because it was like there were legit, legitimate laughs. And even when you tell a joke and he kind of giggles, you're like, yeah, yeah, he's like he's feeding into the conversation kind of like this is where like no one's really controlling it, we're all just talking. He was kind of about that. It was just great.
Speaker 4: And how about its doing doing what we do?
Speaker 7: Like when you get an interview where the guy is just says, put a quarter in him and let him go the best, and it's like you're not. You don't feel like I'm working right now. And then you add it to being like a legend. Yeah, this is this is the best job in the world.
Speaker 5: The worst dude. Then sitting with somebody and you have your little sheet just in case things aren't going well, and by minute I got no more bullets I got because But the good thing is, I'm sure you guys do It is like when Will and I have a little issue, we'll just start bouncing off each other and kind of find something and then we'll just sauce it over and see you pull your chair, just block him out.
Speaker 4: This is at times we'll just start like fucking around.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, ye who's got the smelliest parts on the team, Like just if you're gonna get the smelliest parts, like legit, like stupid ship at them if they're gonna give me nothing, like if you don't want if you're gonna give me two word answers like don't just don't come on right even if.
Speaker 2: You are a big name.
Speaker 5: Do you guys have more issues with active players?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I feel like I feel like we've gotten better at it. And you also just you make them shorter, like if you get fifteen minutes out of them. The YouTube generation and the current fans do want to hear from these players. So yeah, even some, but sometimes you get these like some gems like we had this arbor Jackie on and he was an hour and Montreal fans are crazy. He plays for the Habs and that was one of our most listened to in a long time. So but there's nothing better than when you get this like old veteran who doesn't give a fuck and he is just letting it fly. We had Eddie Shack. This guy was an old school league passed away. Mind you, We had to delete like seven to the interview because this guy was as old school as they came, but he didn't like, he didn't give a shit, and he was telling us these insane stories about when when hockey was in black and white. So it was like getting those throwbacks and getting those guys slinging it. There's nothing better.
Speaker 2: And when it's coming out of their mouth too, you just know you're like, oh man, this dude, he's letting it rip.
Speaker 1: And and you know the fans are listening on their stereo and they're like, this.
Speaker 2: Is what we want and they love it. Bro the authenticity from guys.
Speaker 5: When you get done, you just look look at each other and you're like, what that was a fall. You know, every week your probably comes at the same time, but this week especially, you're like, I cannot wait. You're checking it every hour.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, you got that personal enjoyment from it, and you're you're but you're more excited for the fans to hear it, because like you were able to extract this and deliver it to them, and it's just like it makes doing what we do Like that to me is like the that's the pop people tell.
Speaker 7: You guys like, oh, I listen to you guys like throughout the week every day and it's unreal, Like I'm at work and the time flies by, and it's like that's the best compliment. He's like, you just like so many hours I enjoy listening to you guys. Just shoot the shape it just like I'm in traffic. It doesn't even feel like I'm sitting in at that long like because it's a good part.
Speaker 4: And you're like, that's the best compliment you could get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just take it away from people's regular everyday life, yes, where they're able to be like, oh fuck from I just got to work. Let me throw on the boys real quick for a little bit. I'm gonna rip this, you know, and then two hours just buying You're like, god damn.
Speaker 7: You listen to certain podcasts and I'm like the same way. It's like a nice you can just chill listen. You're looking forward to it, Yeah, you fos.
Speaker 5: Especially when you go on the run too, and you're like like I always put like a Rogan one in, but like he had Tom Segar on recently and like getting a know Tom and all that, I'm like, oh, I'm kind of like a big hour drive ahead of me. I'm like, oh, I'm gonna put this on right now that hour went by like that, Yeah, and I was like, Jesus, what.
Speaker 1: We get to do.
Speaker 2: And when you get to meet those guys, it's like you you want to say the same stuff to them because you want them to know they're like, yo, you impact me, right, And so when those people say to you, you realize the impact you're doing them because you feel it with the people that we listen to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know because every UFC fight I ever go to, like the big ones, Rogan's there, right, and I want to every time just kind of like go be like I know we met before, bro, but like still the man and like like a creaky way, but just be like the same thing that people say to you. Were just explaining what is like, Yeah, like bro, you I know you have the biggest podcast in the entire world, but I'm one of them. I'm one of the people that listen to the show. And I just want you to know that's cool as fuck and then dip out of there.
Speaker 1: But you never do well. You guys had on uh fuck what's his name? Politician guy? He was r RFK. I was gonna ask you, like we kind of avoid the politics talk. Did you guys talk about politics when he was on and like, what do your what do your viewers think? Like does it? Does it create tension? Like do you get negative comments for getting political? And like, hey you stick the score?
Speaker 2: I mean you, I feel like you when you're in that world, You're gonna get comments no matter what. But it was one of those things like Taylor and I talked about like hey do we want to have a politician? YadA, YadA YadA. But then we got back to the question that we have with everybody else we have on It's like how do we bring the locker room to life like with this person. So even though we might have had a couple like questions about politics, like we're trying to talk to him and get out story is the same way you guys do, the same way we do with players, the same way with anybody that comes on the bus, And ultimately you want them to feel good enough to where they're coming off authentically, like you were talking about when you find somebody that just storytells and it's just like putting a quarter in them because ultimately the people are watching and listening to it, like they're going to love seeing that side of that person and.
Speaker 4: They might learn something RFK interview.
Speaker 1: I watched it.
Speaker 7: Like, the one thing about that guy that's cool is like he is so into the health of the United States and the kids, So who the fuck is not going to be down with here and his way good point, Like at least my wife's she's like, he talks a lot the food that we eat and how much shit.
Speaker 1: Is in the food that.
Speaker 7: And how kids are just beating and I ate like shit like sugary CEO. But like he's it's probably to me one of the most important things, like why is our nation so fat? We've gone off a deep end here, But you brought that interview up, and that's what about him. If you can't enjoy listening to at least his ideas of a good thing, then who cares if you hate it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, The cool thing about K is like I like, I have friends that are on both sides of the fence, and every time I brought up RFK, everyone's like, yeah like them, Like no one ever has like a really super divisive thought. There's some people were on the left actually that are like, oh, he's a fucking cook, like he you know, the brain worms all this stuff. But every guy on the right, I've talked to I've been like, yeah, I'm RFK.
Speaker 1: Is the man's crazy.
Speaker 4: His voice like probably affects him from ever becoming.
Speaker 5: And getting ready for this thing, getting ready for his podcast. I went and looked back at old interviews and he had a regular voice.
Speaker 1: Fu he had like this, Uh, I know what's messed up. I just thought maybe he had a deep voice.
Speaker 5: No, he had he had a regular voice. And then there was some sort of like disease that I like, he had, like some sort of automue disease and I'm butchering it that attacked his vocal cords. And so it sounds like he's struggling to talk all the time, but really he's just he feels fine. He feels like us talking right now. It's just how it comes. It's coming out, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: So did you ask him about like how he even got into it and the politics and all that, Like obviously his father wise, so he kind.
Speaker 4: Of just fell in mind the first ten minutes was father wasn't JFK though, do you know that?
Speaker 1: Or was it his uncle? Yeah? And so his father and his uncle were assassinated. Oh, his father. To keep in mind, guys on Canadian.
Speaker 7: I don't know Abraham Lincoln was assassinated episode No clue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: Is that bad?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: I mean, yes, I don't know who like China's history Okay, good, Yeah, I don't know the Canadian history or nothing like that. Hey, Biz was telling me that all the Canadians that watch US BIZ loves Trudeau.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: He was saying how much he's talking Kevin O'Leary to a certain degree. Like most of what he said. I think it was on the Full sent podcast. He had a very good breakdown of like why he has this. He said he's successful in the sense he's been in power for nine years and that's a long time. And I don't think like as a person he's maybe malicious. I just think he has zero clue what he's doing.
Speaker 5: And it's just like, yeah, it's every Canadian I like I because I go to Clone all the time and every Canadian I've met, I've not met one person that likes Trudeau.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I haven't really met any either in Canada.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, it's kind of is all the trucks are the Proud Boys. Literally, it's so funny. And I've told this I don't know what exact same what they're the exact same. You guys just have stabbings, we have shootings. That's basically the only difference between Canada America because Canadians Canadians look. Canadians look at me and they're like, you guys as politics are crazy. But then I drived on the street and there's like big, you know, Chevy trucks and there's like fuck Trudeau with a bunch of stickers and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that. It's the same.
Speaker 4: People Verse thirty five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you guys are one hundred miles within one hundred miles of the border, like you guys are just are Upper Upper States.
Speaker 1: I also wouldn't get that intense about it. It's more of like I think that there's time for change and if people want to elect them and keep them in, it's like all right, well fuck. I mean, I'm spending most of my time in the in the US anyway, but all my family and friends are Canadians, so it's like, ah, they don't seem to want him there either. So that's just kind of people like I never I never invest that much energy into it because like, realistically, not much is going to change about our lives depending on.
Speaker 4: What That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 7: And for me, like I've followed it all and I have certain opinions, but I'm like, maybe it's a bad way of looking at it because my life could have changed.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: The argument would be like you should care about other people's but I do. But I do too, But I be honest, it's like it is it. It doesn't change my life?
Speaker 1: Really? What's going on that much?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just I argue with people all the time, like I don't know, I enjoy.
Speaker 5: The rabbit holes. I really enjoy like getting on, getting on tighter, like hitting a search bar, typing one of the other end and just kind of scrolling comments and sing.
Speaker 4: But do you even know what people just down even know what's like legit and real?
Speaker 5: Oh and that's that's the thing that blows my mind. I go back to the Rogan and Sigura head they were talking about like what's real and what's not. I think if I google something controversial right now, I don't and I would read it. I don't know if that's the truth or Okay, yeah I needed so to me, it's like if how am I going to find out the actual answer. I models will just like kind of sit back, play with the chaos in my head. It was a fun little game. But that that rf K one was so much fun when he was telling stories about his uncle and his dad and like growing up and the Redskins would come over to their house.
Speaker 1: And football players.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, like the football players. Like the football players would come over.
Speaker 2: And we were like nootball player.
Speaker 1: I was people listening saying thanks for clarifying, and the rest are like that guy's.
Speaker 5: Bullets. We got to switch it on somebody else.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I'm I'm not very intelligent. I never went to college other than Davenport University. That was like an a portable and I took two classes and I slept the entire time like you would do during film in the NFL, no doubt, especially your boy.
Speaker 5: He was telling we're just crazy, and it was so much fun to listen to because he's telling things that we've all learned about at some capacity. Americans have learned about it some capacity like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no, no.
Speaker 5: Historical people are probably watch.
Speaker 1: Would direct It's like some of our listeners might go over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the RFK podcast is great, Like they talk about his dad's assassination, his dad and them going over to Poland. It was it was an awesome time. Go check it out. That was a nice poll.
Speaker 1: Bring me back in there, dude, that would have been one story that would have been like a best of Then direct more traffic. Anyway, we can move on.
Speaker 2: I got a question for you guys, like what's up with the world, Like it seems like you guys get into it with with GMS. I saw the recent one that feels like you guys have been toes with an organization or two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we we have been, And I guess it's like kind of weird because Biz and I got real no desire to be like causing a ruckus in organization.
Speaker 1: We seem to do it.
Speaker 4: We seen.
Speaker 7: But last year with the Columbus head coach, he ended up getting fired based on like a report and something BIZ had heard and snowballed when research was done into something where a coach was fired right before the season. And then this year I talked about the Boston Bruins star goalie Jeremy swam and young maybe twenty five, I don't know exactly his age, but just became like a star in the league. He the last few years, been playing with a great goalie who won the Vesta on Boston had a two man tandem. Well, they traded the other guy like Linas Almark and now it's swaming. But they traded him when he was unsigned. They traded all Mark and Swiming didn't have a deal. So now it's gone on all summer. Now training camp started and he's not there and he's not signed. He's holding out.
Speaker 4: I went on and was told the offer of the Bruins gave him, which was an enormous slap.
Speaker 1: In the face.
Speaker 4: He's looking for around eight years times.
Speaker 7: I bet he'd take eight point two five eight and they offered him four years at six point two two million, So he's looking for sixty four Say they offered him what is that twenty six?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I went on and gave that, and then I also mentioned that I'd been told that the Bruins hadn't been returning like his agent's calls and we're responding to a possible like reoffer or or an offer given back by the agent and the player, and that he hadn't heard back from Don Sweeney the GM and randomly in the middle of his preseason the day before training camp press conference, he was asked about swinging.
Speaker 4: He's not signed. He kept getting asked, kept getting asked. He's like, I'm not going to talk about rumors, but one rumor that was bullshit was the Spitting Up on Yourself podcast.
Speaker 1: I loved it. Yeah, and then I heard that we got him.
Speaker 4: He goes, I know, yeah, so boom.
Speaker 7: I'm like, all right, well, now we're in the middle of this, but it's kind of hilarious that a GM's talking about our podcast naming it a different name.
Speaker 1: But we're in the mix.
Speaker 4: But it's weird.
Speaker 7: So he ends up saying yeah, and you know, my son loves Paul Bisonett and he's a very entertaining guy. And he goes into like, but they're doing it for.
Speaker 4: Kind of clicks. Is basically I'm paraphrasing what he said.
Speaker 1: That's what they do.
Speaker 7: They don't know what for facts. They shouldn't present it as facts. BIZ didn't even say it.
Speaker 1: I said it.
Speaker 4: So then it's like, all right, well, we're in the mid we're in the middle level.
Speaker 7: We got to address it now, right and I I we did the episode drops is this dropping Tuesday morning? Mars drops its live right now, and we addressed this, and you know, so go check.
Speaker 1: It out, check out.
Speaker 5: Watch watched this, check check out.
Speaker 4: Go check it out.
Speaker 7: And yeah, and Biz had a conversation with him and and there's evidence, there's evidence that he you know, he's not a fan of mine.
Speaker 4: So it kind of is what it is. But we are in the mix.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a long answer, long after that's how we got in the mix. And yeah, just kind of like I don't know.
Speaker 7: But at the same time, we had two current gms on the same episode that's live right now. So it's like, if we got two gms that are friendly enough and good enough to us to come on, well, one GM really doesn't like me. I mean, we're still doing pretty well in Minnesota. Doug Ars from Billy Garran coming on and talking to us about their teams right now, when when you're when you're talking, when you go out and talk about the player and like they offered him X, Y and Z.
Speaker 2: Are you getting that from the players camping? And if so, like and you.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't say who you're getting it from anyways, got you.
Speaker 2: Gotch almost almost Therefore.
Speaker 4: Ryan Adam Adam Scheffie, he ain't giving up sources.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 5: Ad minute you say your sources, you'll never get another source.
Speaker 7: Right, You imagine any fucking sources Adam Schefter has. Yeah, he's got to have every breaking Elliott Friedman similar to that. In the NHL, they they're breaking the biggest news. They got mad sources and they're not Do you ever get given in any of them?
Speaker 2: Do you ever get worried about like players wanting to come back to Like that player was like, hey, why would you be saying that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I wouldn't say something.
Speaker 7: I don't think me saying what I heard I don't know Jeremy Swaman, but me saying the offer the Bruins gave him, I know that that would never hurt him. I'm helping him in a sense of like everyone's like, that's the fucking offer they gave me. Yeah, if I was like, if I was like, if I didn't know the guy, well, I guess I would say this. But if I'm like, I heard this team offered him ten million years, you're not taking it, so he'd.
Speaker 1: Be looked bad. I don't know if i'd share that. Do you know what I'm saying? Yeah, I wouldn't have a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess if I didn't know him, I wouldn't, but.
Speaker 1: I would be honest about saying, yeah, if you think you're fucking worth more than then I guess try and get it. But I think he's being a little greedy in this sense. Yeah, that's true if that was the case. But uh, but also one part of the story too, it's I think he was just frustrated. He completely fumbled the situation when I which I think he's done, and then to go radio silent for three weeks in the summer, which he denies. We should say, yeah, which he's denying. That's just that's what that that that's what the same source thinks. We never denied the numbers, so obviously the source is legit. Why would he lie about the time that they they didn't talk. There was radio silence for three fucking weeks. You still haven't signed your star goalie. So what's gonna happen? Is this gonna get drawn out to December? First? That could happen, and it's crazy, which would be crazy because if at that point he doesn't sign, he has to sit out the full season. Is that is there a situation like that in the NFL? Where if your deal's not done by a certain.
Speaker 4: Game earlier, I asked him this earlier.
Speaker 5: No, I have no clue.
Speaker 1: There's only been.
Speaker 5: A few situations where guys have set out the entire year. I don't think there's like a cutoff where you have to like sit out.
Speaker 1: Who was the biggest player to ever be like, no, not enough, I'm not playing this year.
Speaker 4: I mean there was, and he didn't play the whole year.
Speaker 5: He was the only person I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: For short money was.
Speaker 5: Bro He was the man for real, like he was Yeah, he's such a unique style of player too. He just like sat behind his line and kind of just looked around a little bit then read it and and it's like a weird way to play. But Trent Williams, That's what I was gonna say. Trent Williams is the only player, off the top of my head that took a year off and came back and you're like, yeah, he's still him still. The year didn't accept me to.
Speaker 1: Get what he was looking for.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I'm saying that year he lost his salary. But because he hated how the how Washington kind of bought some.
Speaker 7: Of his San Francisco now, Yeah, offensive lineman.
Speaker 5: I think to me, t Trent Williams is the greatest offensive lineman in the history of the game. He's the number one player ever he's in He's a guy in.
Speaker 1: The NFL position.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's he's the man, dude. And it's like the same guy you're talking about who sat out a year. Yeah, he's one of the best. He I think he's like, yeah, he's on like the Mount Rushmore of offense. Wow, he's got.
Speaker 1: To be another guy who's probably on the Mount Rushmore, if not the best? Was that Aaron Donald?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Was he the best pass rusher of all time?
Speaker 2: He's argument yeah, he's argue believe the best defensive player of all time?
Speaker 1: Really, who is the other?
Speaker 2: Guylor Orange Taylorggie White?
Speaker 5: Reggie White was a monster?
Speaker 1: Bro him. What made Aaron Donald so effective? He was just this like massive human that bounced.
Speaker 2: How great he was in the short amount of time that he played, Like he doesn't have how many years did he.
Speaker 1: Act the time or he played one more year than me?
Speaker 5: But I'm saying somebody like.
Speaker 2: That, like he could have played He could have played at least fifteen.
Speaker 5: And showed no signs of stopping no signs. That's what I'm saying. Like Megatron for the Lions, he just was like the way he phrased it is is like I've achieved everything I could possibly achieve in this game. Like I've given everything, Like right move on, bro. From the minute he stepped in the field, he was a Pro Bowl All Pro guy. From the minute rookie year he was he was the thirteenth overall pick. My year was Defensive Rookie of the Year, and then went on nine straight Pro Bowls after that and I think six All Pros. Yeah, three Defense Player of the Years. I might be a lumpy too, dog, I'm telling you, like for ten years and it was like he played three techniques for the most part. So that's on the guards, so tackle guards center.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't want to just trying to explain it, like and I would when we would play the Rams, whether they're in Saint Louis or in LA you just look at the guards throughout the week and you're like your few tour motherfuckers. And then and then this motherfucker starts playing on the edge. Every once in a while, I'm thinking, damn it did burn no he never got me, but but he would. It's very different like there's with rushers. It's very unique for a guy to be played, to be able to play multiple spots. Guy like t J Watt, he's on the right tackles. He's one of the most effective all time rushers of all time. His brother JJ could go tackle, guard, center, guard, tackle, and that is so hard to game plan because he essentially goes down the line and to begin in the game, figure out who's got the fucking takes him out the whole day. Oh no, so you get like my rookie I got tested by JJ and luckily I had some success, and I was like, he kind of stayed away after that. I was like, thank god, because the dude was a fucking stud and he would just go find one guy.
Speaker 1: And then after the first quarter, where's where's what in that conversation, top twenty all time?
Speaker 5: Oh, he's top twenty for sure. Defensive lineman of all time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, barstool told me, sorry to interrupt, but quickly you'd appreciate this that Christian McCaffrey might retire sooner than people.
Speaker 5: Think, why, oh man, we need him.
Speaker 2: I would look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a straight up rumor.
Speaker 4: But I was like what, and he's like, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. I got a source at barstool, So.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Barstool's got crazy sources they've gotten. That's like the most insane place to grab a source.
Speaker 4: No crazier than the Taylor Swift getting paid by the NFL.
Speaker 5: Take Hey, honestly, I was ready to give that legs.
Speaker 1: I was ready to get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I think that's a fun conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he's a great white help. I guess I don't I don't know if I would be surprised. I know he's battling within Achilles right now.
Speaker 1: He's just in Germany to talk to a specialist. He's had a lot of injuries, right, No, not really, or maybe it was another country one year.
Speaker 2: He's been hurt a couple of times when he was at Caroline.
Speaker 5: I think he had like a resurgence of health when he went to fort nine ers.
Speaker 1: And you know who I love from that Panthers team was that linebacker. The white guy.
Speaker 5: Would stand up right now, he'd be hard as a rock.
Speaker 2: That's I think he's he didn't get to play as long as he wanted to.
Speaker 1: Or everybody else writing to Yeah.
Speaker 2: He ended up retiring, Yeah from concussions, and Bro, he legitimately could have been like the best linebacker of all time. I mean, ray Lewis has an insane resume, but Luke was somebody who.
Speaker 1: Was his brain though right the play before.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and he was nails.
Speaker 1: Though he was nails to Bro, he would Now I'm going to talk foreign love us ship.
Speaker 2: But I remember a Dallas game and it was on Thanksgiving, I believe, and Bro, they're playing Tampa two. And when you're a Tampa two middle linebacker, you're the middle runner. So you're you're taking it all the way down the pipe.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, okay, cover, so your collisions are going to be hard.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, So my cover two, I'm pass first. I'm a pass first linebacker, and I'm running down the middle of the field to have the highest route.
Speaker 1: Of space.
Speaker 5: Off the snap.
Speaker 2: They had trips to one side, so three receivers. He runs up the middle. The three guy, the one he's closest to, runs down the pipe, so he is supposed to run with him, but he starts off deep enough to where he knows the quarterback's eyes. He's gonna check it and then go to different color because he already sees that he sees as Tampa two.
Speaker 5: Keiley's already on top. I'm gonna go to my next read.
Speaker 2: He baits this deep dagger from the outside receiver, he leaves the middle of the field and just I mean not guesses, but uh, he knew, Yeah, he knew it was coming. He knew that he baited the middle of the field, and he took off and picks the dig route and takes it back for six. And then we're yeah, bro. And then as like if you're if you're playing cover four and you got to carry, it's.
Speaker 1: Like ed re type stuff too.
Speaker 5: Right, and here's safety right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I think I think he broke down to play exactly like you just talked about in a baiting sense, because you watched so much tape that he knew that if.
Speaker 2: He situationally, third down whatever, he knew that that play was coming. And then like if you're in cover four and you got to carry a receiver, so you're kind of like you're kind of running to where when the balls up, you're more so like looking at their eyes and playing their hands.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because yeah, you got your back to the QB. You got your back to the quarterback. You're kind of underneath because again in cover four, you're more below the three receiver. But he was so good that a guy like me, you're trying to read the eyes and play through the hands because you're probably not gonna be able to turn around and make a play when you're behind a receiver. He was good enough to where he turns and picks the ball off.
Speaker 4: Instead of just trying to knock it down from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, a series, a series after that pick six that I just explained, no ship, yeah, bro back series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was a legend.
Speaker 4: Did he make plenty of money?
Speaker 1: Hopefully million? He's making a million, but they think about Luke was spending it either, Yeah, he's probably driving a Volvo. Yeah he did.
Speaker 5: He did have a lot of concussions, but he was so physical in the beginning part of his career, and then once he started to have more head stuff, you could see him playing with his hands way more equally as effective equally, yeah, to be and be more effective with less it.
Speaker 2: Was and he had like the record of tackles there.
Speaker 1: So once again, I still don't know a ton about football. There was this old school running back. I think he was a white guy too, for the Tampa Bay. I'll be scrolling through instace sometimes and There'll be like a highlight clip of him. I could every time. I'll sit there and watch it, like kneeling people.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was fucked like was he like?
Speaker 1: Was he on the juice and ship? Like?
Speaker 2: What was wrong with who knows? You talk about his playing days, he just seemed like it seemed like they had late nights, woke up early for workouts, like he was part of an old school generation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's he's a classic cat that looks at everybody playing now go man, this generation is so soft.
Speaker 2: We had him on the pod saying that He's like, yeah, I think you guys generation soft.
Speaker 5: You're right.
Speaker 1: Sorry about the question, mister Alstide. I agree. I got a host. Boys, what do I do? Go ahead, and then when you when you come back, I'll go hose unless you guys want to end this thing, like what do you? Where were you? Guys?
Speaker 5: We're at an hour right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure that's that good enough.
Speaker 2: Since we have you both.
Speaker 1: On, want to just sign off? I think we're gonna end it. No, hang on, just go just let he'll go peoplerong. Okay, sure, I think too.
Speaker 2: We've had each of you on individually, but having you both on collectively, like you guys had us on and you know, taught to the audience about our story, Like I would like to ask how you guys kind of got everything rolling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I met with like his perspective.
Speaker 5: Because he was still playing right or you were playing? Yeah, okay, so from the podcast, should we should pin that till we gets back so they can bounce off each other though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'll tell you my side is well. He got drafted by the Penguins fifth overall, a year or two after I was drafted fourth round, so we ended up in the same organization. He played a lot more in the NHL, but the first year that had cracked the lineup, I got to play. You know, uh. I was there for twenty six games, so got to hang out with him and like never really connected with him that much in training camp, but he just this fucking silly bastard from Boston, and through that short period of time we connected, he ended up getting traded off. I played with his good friend keith yandall we kind of kept in touch and then somehow ended up on a PTO together, like a player tryout in Saint Louis towards the back half of our career, when I never played another NHL game after that that prior season. So we were there on the PTO and we were just going to every meal together and hanging out and going out to the bar and having some beers, and we talked about this concept of creating a show together where you'd show up to the arena with your hockey bag, you'd crack it open in the hockey locker room and you'd have a six pack. You'd never eventually put your gear on, you just sit there and tell stories and you'd have different guests on it. We thought the idea of like a YouTube show. So fast forward. I was still playing for another three years he retired, and he tweeted out like, hey, how about starting a podcast with a couple guys, one of me being on it. And I messaged him, I said, Hey, I'm not gonna hang them up yet, and I can't start a podcast because I know how I am and I'll let it fly and I'll be fucking getting snipped before I know it. And he started one with with rear Admiral and then Grenelly hopped on board, and by the time I retired and then did a film project and got one year of media under my belt and had been a guest on their show spitting Chicklets, he was like, hey, man, Like I talked to Greanell, I talked to ra and we think that because you've been on in such a popular guest, you should come on full time. And it was the original idea, like you were one of the original guys, and so I'm like, yeah, like, And by the time I finished that first season and had that under my belt of doing radio color commentary for the Coyotes, I agreed to it, and the rest is history. I'd already had a Twitter base of a million people. So I also thought because I was comfortable on the mic and I already had an audience, it kind of just helped it grow that much more significantly right off the hop, where all of a sudden, the people who were following me on Twitter like, oh, this guy's got a mic in his hands now all the time and he's letting it fly about anything. Yeah, I'll go listen to that. So I think at the time they were averaging probably what like thirty to fIF fifty thousand listeners per I have no idea. Yeah, and it was, and then all of a sudden, it just we gained momentum. And then after getting maybe one hundred and fifty thousand listeners on average, we were able to get our former teammate in Pittsburgh, Crosby in Halifax, and then we got Nathan McKinnon on that same trip. So we had these big milestone moments along with creating more vertical brands like the Sandbagger, and it's just evolved over the last I think it's been six and or seven years, at least seven since I retired. So it's been magical and it's been unreal, and it's been a fun ride, and more importantly, like we get to stay around the game and have a purpose when we wake up every day, like we talked about earlier, like bringing these awesome interviews and getting to talk to these awesome guys and bringing the fans a more exclusive inside look, like feeding what they want. So that was my rendition of how it all went down, And I don't know what you'd have to say about it, Whitty, now that you're the back.
Speaker 7: I told this story on the first time I came on the bus. It's pretty much exactly the same thing. And it's like timings everything. Every time I meet somebody that asked about the pod, it's like timings everything in life. You gotta get lucky podcasts. As this thing began, I didn't even know what a podcast was.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 7: They were so early. Did you try to start it now? It's just not you know, it's not the same, Like we were lucky. We were not gonna say we were first, but we were early on So timings everything. He retires, he doesn't get into in it right away, and like who knows, Like then I started with Ra right maybe he wouldn't have been in it had he already been retired, So like boom, then you got Ra involved in it. Then the way we met Grnelly, our audio broke. Me and Ra one of the episodes, sat this close to each other, shared a microphone and the audio ended up breaking.
Speaker 4: Or that might have been a different story. Either way, Ra got an email that night.
Speaker 1: No, he'd gotten it a few weeks prior and ignored it. And then and then whatever the receiver system already had it was janky. It was Ra and like you know, he just had it at his house like this was MO and pop style, right, and when when it broke, they the episode was obviously wasted. They've been talking into a mic for fifty minutes and nothing was being recorded. I'm sure I'm sure Witt was thrilled. But that's when Ora was like, oh, that kid reached out and then boom, like Garnell got the opportunity. Nice and he's the and and Grenell's evolved and learned so much and it's just been an incredible experience. And like Witt said, very much a timing thing because podcasts weren't that popular. And you know, I'm not saying we were the first hockey podcast, but we were the first one that I think that a lot of people had heard of, just because of the reach that we had, and and also chemistry was important and fucked me, you know, being in Saint Louis hanging out with you, I think that we kind of understood that we were very much alike. Yeah, and I I played with Keith Yandel, who played a thousand, over a thousand games. He's the iron Man, another funny bastard from Boston. We're going to get him more involved on our podcast this year, and I think he's.
Speaker 7: One of my closest friends from home. Yeah, that then played with this and they became buddies. So I also he had been such good friends with Keith and I had met him first, and then we get in Saint Louis. I'm like, we just like we're true good friends and so it's like this makes it a lot easier. We also have honest conversations with each other too, Like you guys, I'm sure it's like that's being like good friends, like you got to be honest about everything, and we have been for the show and for like us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I also like moving forward, it's it would we talked about the building vertical, like like we've done We've done game notes where Kobe Armstrong and Merles two of our buddies who we also used to play with in the Pittsburgh system. Like Army was already doing media and television. Merles kind of got into it from the gambling side. But it's awesome and and brings a whole different opinion and flare to So they have their own like sister podcasts, and they're going to keep evolving, like i Yan's is gonna get more involved with us where maybe when Kevin Hayes his best friend another player retires, they kind of come on board and we kind of want to make We kind of want to make it where we're all just snapping it around and get to travel around together and we just have this awesome whack pack where we're kind of back on a team. You know, it's not just me with r A and Grenelle, where there might be stories or relationships or experiences that Kobe Armstrong merles Yans have that are going to be different than us, and we want the hockey fans and fans of any sport to to embrace all of it. So that's kind of where I would like to see it continue to branch out and grow. But for the most part, everything we got going on right now, I couldn't be more thrilled about. That was a long That was a very long winded answer about what we go on.
Speaker 5: It was interesting to get pictured like, damn, it's kind of dope what they're doing. Yeah, right, we see there's obviously a lot of.
Speaker 1: Similarities between you two and Will and I would you guys ever bring on other nflers like to like as a like a part of the West.
Speaker 2: With the Landing Walker. There's a locker room with this our gambling show. Okay, so bus on spots, but yeah, I mean we've definitely talked about stuff like that before, like scaling out the business and get out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that to me is like, you know, I was in a dark place when I when I my last year in the NHL. After I left that PTO, I didn't have a deal. I couldn't even get an American Hockey League deal, and I was like literally depressed on the couch to the point where like my muscles were sore, and I'd never been like that before. So to kind of get somebody in the LA organization to extend an olive branch and for me to go on and win a call their cup, I just kind of feel like I would want to keep doing that to my buddies and and and give them that opportunity to where they can do it and have something after hockey too. So it's gonna be cool. I think it's going to keep happening for us, and I really look forward to it. And like I said, I'm very grateful for everything we have.
Speaker 5: Would you ever want to coach?
Speaker 1: It sounds so it's funny you say that I was going to ask in this interview both of you, who do you think would make the better coach. I think that there's a possibility down the road that I would I would love to, But it's also like you got to start out at a lower level and by then at forty five fifty do I really want to ride the bus to all these games? Like I think after this is all said and done, I think I'm gonna probably want to go chill. But you never know, I think that maybe would you win. I mean you are with your son.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my son's first year might like six turning seven. It's fun also at that age though it's tough, like you know, six and seven year olds. Eight year olds are not great listeners. But I would love someday like you get to like fifteen, sixteen and you see like legit, like passion for the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, high school like.
Speaker 7: This This is like a not a pipe dream, but such a long way from ever happening, but I could see myself liking it.
Speaker 4: NHL AHL pro no chance these coaches.
Speaker 1: You don't think you could be a D coach at BU or would you want to? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's something that would be really really cool to do.
Speaker 1: It would be really really I think that you could, but like.
Speaker 4: Not right now while I'm also doing this, but like someday.
Speaker 7: But yeah, that's that's something that's something that that that's sick. But that's like those are good coaches making a ton of money.
Speaker 1: They've done it their whole life. Like that's hard.
Speaker 7: High school you could more help out, maybe like because I played in the NHL, But that's also like all of a sudden, you go to a high school coach your son's trying out. You're like, hey, I'll help out coaches like buddy, take.
Speaker 1: A fucking you know. So I don't know, like do it for your kids.
Speaker 7: It's more like when they're a little older before they get into like high school hockey or something, would be cool. I actually said recently, like sometimes it's hard. They mentioned how young they are, but I'm like, I don't know if I want to do this, but you're like, you know what, I don't know anything about anything besides hockey, Like it was it was my life.
Speaker 4: It was, so I'm giving back to the game.
Speaker 7: If I got a bunch of young kids, and even one of them at the end of the season at eight years old, loves not just as a better player, but loves hockey like I'm giving back to the game and coach in the NHL. Coach in the NHL. You are watching video like you were describing all day long and the travel and it's it's.
Speaker 1: Not for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just constantly breaking stuff down. To answer your question, Biz, I think Will would be and not not just a good I think he'd be an elite coach.
Speaker 1: Wow your positions or.
Speaker 5: Like I think Will, Yeah, I think Will when it comes to the coaching category, I'm talking about real success.
Speaker 1: Where where he's managing all of the other coaches too.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, head coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So if you look at Will's career and I'll gass the boil up for a minute, don't get like neck up guy. Like the reason why Will made it so long in the league is it was because of what he was able to process in his brain. And he's taken all that and he does a great He's like a he does a very good job painting a picture for you. Even in telling stories or any type of situations. I know he can do that from a player standpoint, telling players where they need to have their eye coverages and stuff like that and really doesn't get like like he love like you, like you ever played were Wolf? No, you ever played their game Mafia. It's a card game where you're like, essentially there's two bad guys and the rest of us are trying to figure out who the bad guys are. It's like it's a game of strategy. Kid loves strategy, loves the game of risk, like understands like the chess pieces that have to be made likable cat easily easily could be.
Speaker 1: A would you do it? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to play even battleship board game the way he's described.
Speaker 2: Player, we have some fun nice playing, Rick, I.
Speaker 1: Got a sure is that n h L.
Speaker 7: You've seen a lot of examples or maybe more examples of of of the grinder, of the guy who worked his dick off to get there and was maybe a fourth or a third line player. I'm not dogging you anyways, but those are the guys where it's like a superstar like Lukeley, not this is an example, but like maybe the game was so easy to him, it's harder to coach. Where's a lot of like third line nhlders that were smart and like not just superstars with their skill, they make the best coaches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they understand.
Speaker 7: It's where you were, like you grinded right, like and you like had to know so much about the game to be successful, Like he's.
Speaker 2: Saying, yeah, no, that's a that's an interesting perspective.
Speaker 4: I could see you being a legendary high school football coaching.
Speaker 2: Coach on high school football. Listening to you talking about giving back to the game and stuff like coaching high school football would be so fun.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: Even the Little League the way he was just explaining the Little League kind of juiced me up.
Speaker 7: It's not even getting better, Like, yeah, if the kids way better in March and it's supposed September sick, but if he in March is like I'm love hockey, right, That's where you're like, dude.
Speaker 2: This is when you said that, it was like they love the game more, like they want to watch and consume it more because we look like that would fire you up. Yeah no, no, like that. I don't know if I would in college or if I've talked with Taylor about it, were.
Speaker 5: Talking, because oh, go ahead, will just say I ask the question.
Speaker 2: I would love to because it's at the highest level. And I do love like the strategy. I love like formulating, like learning defense, hearing from the coaches kind of teach it, see understanding what the weaknesses are, what do you want to show on offense? Like I love that stuff. I just don't know time commitment wise, if I necessarily, you know, should and need to do it. That's the thing because those guys you got to be all in and not that. Like a lot of them have great families, but the family life to me just doesn't.
Speaker 4: NFL.
Speaker 7: NFL is not to hear about head coaches and you hear about like they don't see their families.
Speaker 5: And we even as players like you, you have hardly any time of the season and their hours.
Speaker 2: Are way yeah, there are than ours.
Speaker 5: Like for me, there is zero, Like I have zero aspiration to be anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And part of that is probably like I have a lot of money, and.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm sure I don't know what I don't you know what, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just have too many fucking o's in my bank account, and I'm tilky, there's not a Chicken Dick's chance I'm coaching.
Speaker 5: I just can't. I just can't see it. Man, to me, it's like if you're able, Yeah, there's probably a piece of that. I get infatuated with the idea of so many other other avenues of life to live to where like, Okay, I've done football, I wonder what else I could be really good at it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm like. That's why. That's why, like you ask about coaching, it would be it would be another challenge and I would like to. But there's also a lot of other things in this world that I think I'm gonna want to try to go do when I'm like when I'm forty five to fifty and then retire. I might, but then you might get bored of that too and then come back to what you know, But like, what are some other things that you would like to explore? Like I would like to get one of those those earth roamers and like go drive just through South America and like go hiking and go like like a year trip where you just kind of dial out and get the fuck away. Once we would retire from being on like this every day on fucking Twitter, all the full and all the business, and then like would you want to eventually just kind of like check out for like a year's time where you're like fuck off phone, Yeah, and especial like that, No, no desire.
Speaker 4: I I think I checked out of the phone and stuff. But I would never want to just.
Speaker 1: Like travel for a year, Yeah for a year.
Speaker 4: I like being home, like I love going on a couple.
Speaker 1: Well, you would be you'd just be living out of an r V.
Speaker 4: It's so basically I don't want to live in your earth.
Speaker 1: Would you ever do something like that?
Speaker 5: I probably would.
Speaker 1: It's weird, seem like more of a while. Man.
Speaker 5: It's weird because we were in Montana this year. We were doing me Either. It's like it's a hunting podcast me. Will and JP sat and had a conversation about like we're in this we're in Bozeman, but like this kind of local spot in Bozeman, and everything's slower, everything's moving way slower, pain And we're having this conversation like, hey, wouldn't it be sick to essentially tell yourself it's okay to slow down? And Will was having like aspirations that JP was, and I was like, no, like I want to keep fucking going, like like I I couldn't see myself doing it. And then this summer I went to Canada with my wife and it was the first time in my adult life that I sat back and I was like, this is fucking nice. This is nice, Like this is actually I don't got I don't have to do anything. I'm hanging out and taking my kids to do x Y and Z. I talked about my seven year old how I walked in her room when she's like getting stuff, and you just kind of realized, like they're just getting older and it's happening because I do have I there's a piece of me that would love to go into the entertainment aspect to see if I could act.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love doing I love doing.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, alute, I can do it. You know, actually want to. I want to hit Shorty because it's like my one of my favorite shows.
Speaker 1: You want to get a cameo on there?
Speaker 5: I would, yeah, absolutely, But all that to be said, like after that trip in Canada, I was like, you know what I want to do is I want to be able to, like when we hang it up, like just be like the ultimate dad and get my pilots license, get a small little plane, rip the family, able to rip around, just go rip around and kind of do whatever. Like, if I can mentally get to that state, I think that's the best. That is a way of growth. That is you want to we can all go. We've all put ourselves in a position to go achieve any goal we want because we've you know, we have the financial freedom and now we get to do this and this opens more and more doors. But the ability to say no and being.
Speaker 1: Like that is what I'm trying to learn. Yeah, that's where.
Speaker 5: Mentally is Like, I really enjoyed that time. I really had a great time with my family. I thought that was so awesome. I was like, how do I expand on that more and kind of like just fully immerse myself in that you feel yourself always chasing something whatever, whatever thing.
Speaker 4: I don't have that feeling. You're good.
Speaker 1: It's really good about balance.
Speaker 4: At all, and I think sometimes would be helpful to have it more.
Speaker 5: Oh we lost the camera, so well.
Speaker 2: Oh that's okay, So yeah, get the twist the question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well the twisted question. But I want to I want to talk for a second cause I've never watched it. Yeah about that, guys, So yeah, Shorzy Ari obviously was in the last two seasons. Have you guys been reached out to it all about being on that show.
Speaker 1: No, So I actually got asked to do Letter Kenny early days. Yeah, and I got the role of like basically I was just like ripping lines and I was a maniac and so basically myself a method actor. Uh, at least at that time.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then the Coyotes. It was my first year and I hadn't even been on the podcast yet, and I put it across my my boss's desk and he said, no, you can't. Like the team would basically fire me and then I'd be out of a job. So, uh, that was a missed opportunity. And then they kind of just never really came back up because they had to spin off show. But fortunately for a guy Terry Ryan, who we have on the podcast all time, he's ten hitchcock.
Speaker 5: Oh for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that that Jared Keisho kind of learned the legend of Terry Ryan through our podcast. I may be mistaken, that's at least what Terry Ryan says. So there have been people from our podcast, including Ora, who have touched the show. I would be honored to be asked. I don't know what my character or what I would do on it. But yeah, I would, I would love to do that. And what's good too. We did that McDavid commercial for body Armor and you were fucking ten out of ten and you're really good at ad libbing.
Speaker 7: No, we did a Pink Whitney commercial that played like during the NHL playoffs I'm talking time three times a game for four months and people.
Speaker 1: Were like, yeah, get these guys off my fucking.
Speaker 4: I remember it was it was it was probably Buddy that was the line.
Speaker 2: That was the line game, but that was the line.
Speaker 1: But three or four times every single game all playoffs, people wanted me dead. People wanted me dead.
Speaker 5: There's a huge there's a huge miss for you not well then not reaching out to you about shores. He's like being a legitimate part of that cast. No, but my whole thing was washed up, like washed up hockey players. Yeah, just let's bring a bunch of vets, savvy vets in and have him play.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I I just it just didn't work out for timing.
Speaker 5: I don't think it was football players, hockey players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know where. Yeah, it just didn't work out. But they've done such a good job, like Jeri Kiso is a legend and like he lives up I think north of Montreal, with his with his wife. I think he's got a kid or two. And he just writes these scripts and he has his own team and he executes it. Like there's so much time and energy that goes into that ship. And and I think that they just signed a deal where they're going to be doing at least two or three more seasons after this one they're currently filming. So he's a he's a g his uh, his talent, his creativity is Oh yeah, it all spun off act star. I think the world the jerkys are Have you met him, No, but I just from him and his craft. Oh he would love it. He would love you. I bet you he would give you a part in the show.
Speaker 5: I want to earn it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Game Time.
Speaker 2: Football season is here and we can't wait to get out to some games this fall. With the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of barstool Sports, you know how much we love game Time, and now with their brand new game Time Picks feature, they're making it even easier to get to a game.
Speaker 5: Game Time Pick.
Speaker 2: Picks filters out the fluff to show you incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. Again, we have the four hundredth consecutive sellout coming up. I'm sure there are still tickets available on the Game Time app. Go buy those up. If you're in Lincoln, Nebraska. Just pull up your chosen event, turn on the GT pick setting at the top of the screen, and brows the best local game Time picksteals near you on your Game Time app homepage.
Speaker 5: What are you guys waiting for?
Speaker 2: Download the Game Time up today and use code busting that's b USSI in to easily score great deals with the new game Time picks. What time is it? Let's see that again?
Speaker 1: What time is that?
Speaker 5: For some dumb but oh also, what is the vibe in Canada looking at hockey players in America?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Like now?
Speaker 7: Now, it was starting, but in like the seventies, there was not much and then all of a sudden, this generation of players in the NFL came in. Yeah, not even then though, like that in nineteen eighty that it's because the NHL was mostly Canadian stars, you know.
Speaker 4: And you say, hockey just built and.
Speaker 1: Welded and built and the growth of it in the United States, where all of a sudden, like Dallas, when did Dallas get there? Around like ninety seven, ninety eight, right, maybe ninety five, So all of a sudden, now that they have a youth program, they have former players that loved no state tax, made all this money down there, and they get to live in a nice place in the States. Well they're helping coach now. So it's just like there's just so many more American kids playing and who have access to the game and access to even unreal Canadians who ended up selling settling down the States. So I would say that going into the next Olympics, it's a coin toss, like it could be US or Canada who wins. We have McDavid, we have McKinnon, we have cal mccarr, but the state still has guys like Matthews and Jack Hughes.
Speaker 7: So yeah, they probably have like highest end talent. They got the guys, three or four of them. Then we have maybe one person right there, two people. But then when you go after that the depth, we're right there.
Speaker 1: That's right there.
Speaker 7: They have McDavid and they have McKinnon, and they have Crosby you know, Crosby's older, but McDavid and McKinnon. We have Matthews, but they got two of them. Yeah, so it's it's amazing though, and now it's it's it's going to be six in Italy. We're gonna try to go and cover it. First Best on Best tournament in the Olympics since twenty fourteen. So all of these stars for the past ten years have never played in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Crosby, it's coming back. Have never have never played together on team Canada Best on Best and they'll have the opportunity at the Four Nations which is this year. It's almost like a like a precursor to reintroduce Best on Best. There's only four teams, which sucks. But the Olympics, especially if they get Russia back in the men they need Russia. I don't give me. I don't care if they're cheating, I don't care if they're shoving needles up there are put them in the Olympics. You just need them.
Speaker 7: You win the Best on Best Olympic gold medal. And like Russia's best team isn't in there. It's a little bit of an asterisk.
Speaker 5: Where's Russia ranking.
Speaker 4: They're always a top four, top four, Yeah, top five.
Speaker 5: So just give me the top five, re quick. So it's Canada, America, Sweden, Finland, Russia. Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia.
Speaker 1: And then you does the top five. Funck off is what do you mean? Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought you were saying the US was fifth.
Speaker 1: No, no, not in that order. Those are the five. No, absolutely not.
Speaker 7: But Czech Republic's very good, Slovaki is getting better, Austria has some players, Germany's getting better players. There's Norway has ak Denmark has a couple of players. So it's growing.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: It's never gonna be in South America. It's never be in Africa. It's never gonna be like soccer. I mean football is kind of similar. You're actually mostly North America, right, We're pretty much we're Hockey is a global game, but there are some areas that will just never happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wonder why the money is not bigger in hockey. It's because it is.
Speaker 1: More global TV.
Speaker 4: Because TV it's not it's.
Speaker 1: Not transferable exactly the NFL, but it's going up. It's going you have more people, it's going all over the world. Watch putting a game on it post to Amazon's gonna end up picking up full time. I'd imagine like we have sports also sports that in Canada we have TSN and can TNT, ESPN, and who knows, maybe there's eventually another American network that does it's it's uh Gary Bettman, and the NHL is doing it a better job of it, giving it exposure. So I think revenues are going to continue to soar, and I think the league is in the best place it's ever been, and you're going to see growth everywhere, I think exponentially in the United States in the next ten to fifteen years. And I think that there's a strong chance that they they end up taking over as the top hockey nation, although it might not be the most popular sport in the country. Canadians might sculd me for saying that, but it comes down to population resources. The university programs are getting better, they're i think opening up. Anyway, I'm getting a long winded with it. US is in good shape. I think that's a good pot. That was a great pub question. We have to pay the bill, pay the bill.
Speaker 5: Pay the bills. Twisted T. This is a twisted question. Twisted T is refreshing, hard ice Team made with real brew tea and five percent I call full of flavor and very refreshing. Twisted tea goes down smooth. There is no carbonation, what makes it easy to drink all day along. Twisted tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It's a perfect alcohol slashed beverage for game day, whether your tail getting in a parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home. Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game day. Keep it twisted. Grab a refreshing twisted tea today. This twisted question comes from Mitch Carsley. We had a nice little video for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a nice little video to stick down and twisted tea.
Speaker 5: Obviously, if you're watching on YouTube you'll be able to and we we've all had a long day.
Speaker 8: Well what's up, boys, it's Mitch. I'm here with your twisted question. We got three this week for you. Kind of pick your choosing, but we wanted we wanted to keep this segment going and me stereotypically having the bad questions, I gotta deliver. So first question, what sport is more physical? Hockey or football? We got spin and chickle guys. We got you guys, kind of pick your which one's more physical? The second one? Who would you rather fight on ice? Mike Tyson who can who can skate? Or a mountain lion that has never been on ice before but you know they're scrappy. Final question, and I think this might be the best one. Are there more eyes or are there more legs in the world? And this includes animals? Which one do you think there are more of?
Speaker 1: Those? Are your twisted questions for this week.
Speaker 2: First question is what do you think is more physical?
Speaker 1: Way? More physical?
Speaker 5: Hockeyer?
Speaker 2: Football?
Speaker 1: Football a two games, more of a grind in a sense, but yes, football.
Speaker 5: I think we're all in consensus. There next one Mike Tyson or Mike Tyson that can skate or fight at cougar that has never.
Speaker 1: Been a nice one.
Speaker 4: I would like to I choose the cougar.
Speaker 7: Sounds crazy, but I hopefully he keeps slipping on ice, like if you tight turn, maybe at some point he wears you down. But if Tyson can fly and catch you, he's gonna kill you.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you could just kind of keep skating away from the it's a mountain lion, Yeah, I guess I'll just keep fucking juking it. It will tire of it out and eventually kind of quick and.
Speaker 5: You can start using them skates his weapons to eventually.
Speaker 1: True, that's true.
Speaker 5: I take the Mountain Lion as well. And then what was the third question?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 5: Yeah, animals.
Speaker 4: I know I was thinking eyes to because they have legs and eyes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think yeah, because flies got shiploads of eyes.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: We we have to pick guy.
Speaker 5: Consensus all around, boys. I hope you enjoy great episode. Everyone, guys, please check out spit Chickens podcast. They fight gems every single week. Verbally, have a great day, Big hugs, tiny kisses. Subscribery five stars.
Speaker 1: Love you,