Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan.
Speaker 2: For your home.
Speaker 1: Loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, presented by Stockton Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Safe summer driving tour. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in it's hour or two of KSR and Maggie Davis filling in today for Matt Jones, sitting alongside the regular crew, Ryan Lemon, Drew Franklinchan and the dude Mario hanging out with us two guys one hour in the books. How's it going? Everything?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're killing it.
Speaker 1: You're getting rave reviews on Navision glass tech machine. Also, I do have one question for you. Get to Willie. Okay, I guess Shannon played Atomic Dog while ago. Did you know the Dunbar High School band Atomic Dog from their prom? Is that a true story? He said?
Speaker 4: Ask Maggie, Oh, I've never heard that. When would that have been?
Speaker 1: Back in two thousand? They'd banned Atomic Dog at the Dunbar Prom.
Speaker 4: Two thousand is a little before my time to be at prom. I was at prom in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Did they still have a band?
Speaker 4: Uh? No? I think we were all DJ by then. I remember not loving like the Dunbar Prom, sorry Dunbar, because every other high school got to go have it in like a hotel or like a cool venue, and we were the only school that had to have it in our school, so we were just in the gym. I don't remember much.
Speaker 3: Else, but Ryan forgot that two thousand was literally twenty six years ago. That wouldn't even make sense for you to be in high school though.
Speaker 1: Well, the question is, is it's still banned?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. I don't know that. I'm sorry. I'm a bad former Bulldog.
Speaker 1: I guess here we go, all right, moving on?
Speaker 4: How about a good former Wildcat?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, Willy Coley Stein on the line with us now, Willy, thanks so much for jumping on. Congrats on the win last night. How good did it feel to do what you came here to do, and that is beat Louisville again?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, last night was electric. Shout out to the trainers. Getting my foot right because I was told that I looked like I was twenty two again out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll take it. How did you feel physically?
Speaker 5: I felt good. I mean it's always, it's always amazing front of the fans. So did you hear that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I heard it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I said a dinger of the off the tea. By the way, we just got a bird. I'm playing at Woodford Hills Country club in a little charity scramble.
Speaker 4: Oh good, well, thanks for making talk for us at swing.
Speaker 2: We'll keep it down.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, you just made it better. Actually no, absolutely not. We don't get down like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like it. Well, tell us more about last night's game. I mean we were talking about it earlier. Your defense really helped save the day. Not to mention the ten points and eleven rebounds, but what was it like helping seal the deal, especially on defense against Montres Harral.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know that was the game from Monday night. We we got a pretty good inside of what they had to do to win, and that's Lntred's got to score twenty five thirty points to really make an impact. So man, I just took it. I was like a little banged up, that's all right. I just wanted to not let him score thirty points again. That's really what my whole thing was. I can't let him get get active. And you know he's a showman, so you let him put on a show. It's it's it's it's scary hours for anybody who set's u playing against him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Abs, that wasn't really your style. After the win, last night. But I did see a throwing the ls down? How good did it feel to play that game in front of Big Blue Nation? Especially?
Speaker 5: I will have to secure it in front of the mark crowd and get to throw the hells down. I mean, I like to play the game right. Rivalry is just unmassed. It's just truly unmassed. To be able to come back, you know ten some guy twelve years longer to come back and get to playing from her fans and kind of relived those glory days over again. Is it's amazing. I mean, that's that's why the tournament's so fun.
Speaker 4: Listen, Big Blue Nation loves our former Wildcats, and we don't like when there's fighting in the family. And it felt like La familia. They got a little tense there for a minute. Is everybody good. Everybody's back on the same page, you know, hunky Dory all that stuff. Now, everybody's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know how it is? Family, family, you know, families find a little bit. But I think we're good. I think everybody's got a good understanding of you know, what it is, and a lot of it's just hurt.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like you have fun playing with these guys. And when you kind of have your your mind and your heart set on guys showing up, you're like, you know, you get a little herd. You're like, damn, I really wanted to play with them. You know, I've never played with Reed, I've never played with the other point guard that was supposed to come. So like there's just you know, things that you're like, oh man, this is good pieces that we have, and you just you wish you could play with them and see how it goes. So, you know, shout out Archie for you know, making it work. I know he has some personal issues going on that he couldn't make it for the other game, but you know, he showed up big time for us. So that's that's what it's about. And that's that's the brotherhood we're talking about. So I'm glad we got to, you know, kind of put those differences aside and come together for you know, the culture in the community.
Speaker 2: Willie, you set the screen to free up Archie for that elam ending, but I couldn't help. But notice you rolled to the rim and there was no one around. If that had come off the rim, you were absolutely dunk tipping the elam ending weren't you. Were you feeling that.
Speaker 5: Uh oh, I was putting my head through the rim. I would have to put my head through the rim to finish that one.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: It definitely cleared up for you. I mean, I'm glad the shot went in, but I thought we're gonna get a Willie game into there for a split second. But you played so well, Garden Montrez. With the history you all have, everybody remembers the stare down, Is it feel a little extra personal with him since you all go back playing in your college days against each other two?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean it's It's The funny thing is it's really love. Like we really do have a Everybody says he's my arch nemesis or my enemy, and I'm like, yeah, me and Tres really really mess with each other, Like we really respect each other's game. So that's why that that challenge is so fun because we know what we both bring to a team. We're both heart and the souls of a team, and so it's like a big anime battle when I every time I play with them, like in my head, you know, the night before I'm watching and like visualizing it feels like a cartoon like we're got superpowers and get to come play in this game, and I don't know, it's like it's something special about that matchup that we get to do well.
Speaker 4: Also special that you all get to keep playing and keep playing in Lexington Sunday at two o'clock, going to face the winner of the Syracuse Alumni team or the Seaton Hall Alumni team. What is your plan between now and then other than dingers on the golf course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, just just keep the body right treatment and stay loose. So you know, the golf course is my is my church. This is where I go to you know, talk to God and get centered. So you know, just kind of stay on my my daily routines. But right now I'm really pushing promotion for my golf tournament that I'm borrowing at Oxmoor Country Club August tenth. It's going to be a really, really amazing day. We got a we got a cool capsule collection coming out, Blue Hearts Collection for a tournament with our Almost Members Tag, which is is my YouTube channel. So we're going to be running a series of tournaments through it and giving people opportunity to get miked up on holds and use them as a channel, not necessarily me, but I want to give like normal people a chance to go viral.
Speaker 4: I love this, okay. So that is August tenth.
Speaker 5: August tenth, small country club at nine thirty shotguns start. Oh, it's gonna be a great day.
Speaker 7: So okay, I love it.
Speaker 4: These guys have a big wedding to go to on August the eighth. They can recover on the ninth, right, then go golf on the tenth. Willy, do you have a brown suit?
Speaker 5: I could probably get with.
Speaker 4: E Listen. I'm in no position to hand out invitations to a wedding that is not mine, but just trying to get a feel for how many people already own one, Like these guys had to go shopping. But you're you're kind of more fashionable. I think you probably already have one in the closet. Uh.
Speaker 5: I think I kept it classy with with with with a black one, and I have my Derby suit from like twenty sixteen that I still be putting on sometimes.
Speaker 4: I love it. Well, congrats come out there with the Derby suit. Yeah that there you go. They'll really stand out. Congrats to get on the wind. Good luck this Sunday and appreciate your time this morning, Ryan Drew, you guys got anything else for a guy?
Speaker 6: Willie?
Speaker 1: I do have one question, Willy. You said before the tournament you're going to re tire when this was over. Are you getting sucked back in? You know you've got the excitement maybe playing in the next year.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know what, man, Every every time, like last night was such a nerve wrecking thing and it was so fun. I like chext my wife and was like.
Speaker 8: Are we doing I knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew it getting sucked back in.
Speaker 5: Like we're we're sit out here looking like we're moving like a.
Speaker 9: Boy.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It's fun and them things we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 6: But like.
Speaker 5: My body, guys, my body, the recovery times I think to say no more, yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, well go rest the ankle. It sounds like you're putting it to work this morning, so put your feet up the rest of the day. We'll see you on Sunday.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you guys, Thank you, Thanks.
Speaker 4: Willie, have a good one starter.
Speaker 2: I got one more in me, meme.
Speaker 4: Yes, And you know what, nobody's gonna say no to Willie cauley Stein, Like if you want to get out there, get out there.
Speaker 1: The word is like his ankle is bad. It looked bad like most people probably would not have even played last night, but he said, no way, you're keeping me off the floor. I am definitely gonna play last night. So he showed some toughness, a lot of toughness last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have Andrew dealing with an ankle now too. He was limping pretty bad last night. That's why he didn't play much at the end.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he's not golfing today. Maybe he's resting the ankle too.
Speaker 2: Andrew big Louisville hater. I thought I hated Louisville. He was really into the trash talk. You know, the Twins time it's up for debate, you know how they're remembered. I think they're underappreciated. But the way he's locked into La Familia and has gone at Louisville this week, his stock is still on the rise. And I hope everyone appreciates what Andrew's doing for the Lot Familia, even if you don't really care about what's going on with TVT. He's locked in.
Speaker 1: And what he's saying after the game, like, hey man, this is my legacy. I want people to remember that I am true Blue and I'm gonna fight to die against Louisville every single time. So I love what he's bringing to the table.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is. And I feel like I wasn't covering the team when the Twins played here, but just watching them play here. When they did, I remember them being so quiet, yeah, and so kind of like shy. And this year at media day when they had us out like one day last week, he was like the first one wanting to come talk to the media. He was so outgoing, happy to see everybody, catch up with everybody, like to see them so grown up now has been really cool too. And the fact that they've kept the hatred for Louisville.
Speaker 1: Love that he's supposed to be at our show tomorrow. John clayut him on a little shout out plug. So if you want to visit Andrew Harrison tomorrow, come on out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can tell you haven't said on the baseline last night. He wasn't quiet in the game. I mean he is talking the whole time, swatting their hands down and they point at him. My man is locked into tbtt A boy.
Speaker 4: Good Well, we've had Casey locked on the phone line for a while. Shannon, come, we get Casey on the line. Casey, how are you.
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 7: Good morning, pale her. It's nice to talk to you. I am just so excited to have a female voice on ASR, like the person who takes and Run. It's just refreshing. And I just had to ask you a question. And I thought of this before I saw your Twitter post this morning, But how excited are you for the Taylor Swift wedding photos to come out? Because girl, I am just dying ready to do it. And I could talk sports. We could talk sports, of course, but it's duly, So let's talk Taylor Swift for a minute. How excited are you for that? And I hope you guys have a wonderful day.
Speaker 4: Gokay, thank you so much, Casey. Appreciate the call. Finally someone has asked me the question I've wanted to talk about all day. It's about Taylor Swift. Duh. Yes, No, I'm huge Swifty. I'm waiting for the wedding picture I wanted to come from her. I don't want it to get leaked from someone else. I will be sad if she never shows it to us, but I'll respect it. But I hope we get it soon. It's been like two weeks. It feels like so much longer.
Speaker 2: Now what you got planned here? Is it gonna be like a whole documentary or a coffee table book? Well, feel like we should have seen something by Newton.
Speaker 4: Hopefully the dress was Dior. You guys familiar with Deor of course, so Dior made a comment that they would share the photo after Taylor shared a photo, So that means she has to share a photo right eventually everything.
Speaker 2: So long she controls everything, she's not gonna let it leak out.
Speaker 1: Wait until she gets back from the honeymoon.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm like, listen, girl, Chief's kickoff is coming up, Like you're gonna be busy here in a little bit, like before you get back to Kansas City.
Speaker 2: I can't start.
Speaker 4: I need an Instagram post. Like Travis Kelcey is gonna go from this extravagant wedding, everything fun they did this summer, go on his honeymoon and then go live in a dorm in like Missouri or wherever they do training camp and split but it a twin bed for mini camp for a few weeks. Like I love that dichotomy for Travis Kelce, but I do need a picture. Respectfully.
Speaker 2: Are you one of the swifties that was buying the trash from Madison Square Garden?
Speaker 4: Honey Bay, No, because I'm a real swiftie. I'm not like a consumerism like I want to take from Taylor. I just love her. I respect her too much to do that.
Speaker 1: A jar of air from inside Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I don't want to judge people, but if you did that, that's dumb. Jar of air.
Speaker 1: Jar of air from the wedding?
Speaker 4: Is that real?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, selling air from from outside Madison Square Garden. Oh my one country.
Speaker 4: No, Noah's on the phone too. Let's go to Noah. Did you buy the air?
Speaker 8: Hey, Maggie, so good to hear you again. I'm hosting her KSR. You absolutely killed it from the first time a few weeks ago, so real good to keep.
Speaker 5: Here again on. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 8: If you come back on. I've got two questions for you. The first one kind of more of an ask anything Wednesday question, but Shannon cut me off early yesterday, so I thought i'd ask for today. If that's all right, Ryan, you don't have to answer because I already know what your answer is going to be, So do you consider it a crime against humanity to drink and ail eight out of anything other than a last bottle?
Speaker 4: Okay, what's your second question?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So second question for you more serious one. This is regarding the basketball team for this year, and I kind of wondered this, especially from at the.
Speaker 5: Tv T game.
Speaker 8: Do you know these like if the players have any part of like life coaches that are helping them throughout Because I'm just thinking if I were to be back in college as an eighteen to twenty two year old sometime between and there, like just kind of tunning myself in their shoes of like being someone as young and figuring out a life like that, and yet being now paid millions of dollars in a contract, going around as like the biggest celebrities, having to give autographs and everything all around. Like it just feels like in that kind of lifestyle is getting to be something that could easily get from in your head. So do you know if the like, if these guys have any part of like coaches that are like helping them to be able to navigate from these parts of life that can just like really get at you honestly, and being in that kind of such a big position as like an almost a big time celebrity as someone younger like that, I mean, yeah, I definitely know.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the call to answer your second question first, I do know that there are sports psychologists that work with every program on campus, not just the basketball team but everyone. And then I think different teams can kind of he can choose exactly what they want to add to that. Like I know that cal Perry had a bunch of different guys around too, would help with different things. I don't know exactly how Pope has that set up on his staff, but I mean Pope's a very like wise guy kind of just the way he comes off anyway, I feel like he'd be into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that came out that Justin Edwards had something like with life coach when he was here when he was going through his problem. So I think you're I think there's the guys around the program that can definitely help step in when needed.
Speaker 2: A lot of them have been stars since high school too, there even before they get to college. You know, these guys that were McDonald's all Americans and a big getting interview forever they grow up a little quicker than a lot of us and have had people around him to help out. So yeah, they've they've got most of them have a good sports system, not all of them.
Speaker 4: And to answer your first question, yes, you have to drink a L eight out of the bottle unless you're Ryan than You're excused. You don't have to.
Speaker 1: I'll drink it in a slushy with some maker's mark.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was a caspar special, yes, bar special.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have more basketball to talk. We're going to do that after this break. You are listening to Kentucky Sports Radio. Welcome back into Kentucky Sports Radio. I'm Maggie Davis filling in for Matt Jones today. Drew Franklin, Ryan Lemon, Mario hanging out with us to Shannon the Dude playing a little tea swift for us. Thank you, Drew, liking it vibing with me. You're a little swifty.
Speaker 2: I feel like, oh yeah, I'm the reason for the tear drops on her guitar, are you? Of course? Yeah, she sings about me.
Speaker 4: There you go. Okay, I love it. We teased him before the break. Let's talk a little basketball because when Goose Gibbons talks, I feel like people listen if you haven't seen it. Goos did an interview with the UK Sports Network and you know he's representing UK, he works for UK, and he was a little harsh I thought toward last year's team, just keeping it real, saying he went to practice this year and has liked the fact that everybody seems to enjoy coming to practice, and he likes the fact that Zoom Diallo seems to want to be the guy. He is talking, He is vocal, he is loud, he wants to be the leader. And Goos said, you know, Otega eventually kind of claimed that role, but way late in the year. Nobody wanted to do it early on, and he said he felt like that hurt last year's team. One positive that this year's team seems to be practicing in a way the Goose likes a little more. But two little surprising goosegivens coming in hot, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Well, like you said, when he talks, people listen because he's in depth of the program as anybody, and if you listen to him last year in the broadcast, he would say little things like, man, you know you got to just want it, man, You got to just act like you want to be there. So now he's being more vocal about the team. Last year, I think that was a lot of it. I think there's a lot of attitudes that had kind of caused some problems on that team last year.
Speaker 2: We'll never know the specifics of last year, but if you paid attention whatsoever, you knew there was chemistry issues, even at the end when little social media things here and there, when like Jalen low leaves, I don't think people were upset his own teammates up Pope comments. Something was clearly off from the beginning. This year, the whispers not just with Jack saying it. Jack makes it even better, but there's been a lot of talk of how much fun and how close the guys are so far this year. So we're already winning in that category. We'll see how they look on the court, but the chemistry already seems to be much better than whatever was going on last year.
Speaker 4: And I love that we keep specifically hearing that about Zoom. Diallo talked to assistant coach Michael McLain last time I was on the show, like two or three weeks ago, and he was adamant that Zoom is the leader on this team, and he picked up that role on day one. Sounds like from what Goose says, he's still in that role. I think it's important for that role to come from your point guard, or at least from one of your best players, and.
Speaker 1: I think that really threw him a curveball. Last year when Low got hurt, he was the leader. He was the point guard. They built all summer around the offense around him being the point guard. And when he left, Aberdeen did good on the floor. But he's just not that leader type guy, and really Otaga wasn't. He's not a big leader type guy. You need somebody to kind of not be afraid to get in somebody's face and say, hey man, when you do this, do that. I think definitely the Zoom Diallo is that guy. This year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pope's first team. I felt like Lamont Butler was the guy who kept everybody yes. Even when he got hurt, he was still like, I'm still the point guard and I might be coming and going from the lineup, but he was just like this magnetic force for that team, and I don't feel like they really had that last year.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 2: No, and Mario and I talked to some of the new team last night. I can tell you weren't talking about their chemistry, but I can tell you after they watched TVT they were very excited to get in front of the fans, and they're very excited to play Louisville. They're ready for the real thing. They really enjoyed last night. I thought it's cool they've gone to both games. They walked into the second half last night, but I think they're a hunger and their appetite for getting out there and getting started went up quite a bit just watching Memorial and the fans last night supporting the alumni team.
Speaker 4: I think TBT is good for that too. I remember that Pope's first year. Didn't he take them to Louisville the first you did? Which kind of crazy, but it does teach you a little bit about the rivalry and how seriously the fans are going to take that game.
Speaker 1: I remember those guys, Andrew Carr especially, they really got into it a couple of years ago. It's good to hear the guys show up last night and kind of got into the game. Was the whole team there, I'd.
Speaker 2: Say for the most part, just everybody's had just McBride questions, see is there, talked to him a little bit. You know, in the past, it's always been madness is their first big thing other than seeing them at the mall and their recruiting visits. But the summer basketball has let them see the base and the fan base see them a little earlier than they're used to. So you could just tell they're excited to be a part of when it really gets started here in a couple months.
Speaker 1: And we need that. There's been a little disconnect between the fan base and the team last well last year especially, so they need that, you know, get reconnected with the fan base.
Speaker 2: Just a little things fans hanging over the rail and want autographs and pictures. You could just tell they're eating that up because it's all been mostly behind closed doors until this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and especially because we didn't get those camps father son camp, father daughter camp that kind of stuff this year that really I think is like the only event in the summer where fans would go and be around the team and it you know, it wasn't free to go to those either, So TBT, I feel like, is a great way to get fans not only in the building to see some of these former UK guys, but maybe start to get to know the new guys too.
Speaker 2: And they see the support they'll have years from now after this is over. I meant, I mean DeAndre Liggins was two coaches ago, and you know, still see fans adoring him. So I think they realize what they're a part of and how big it is.
Speaker 4: They kind of do Wiggans wrong on the broadcast when they keep talking about how old he is. They put up that thirty eight every time he's on the screen. I'm like, we get it. He's thirty eight. He's doing his best. Man.
Speaker 1: We need a guy like that on our team, man than the heart and soul of the team.
Speaker 4: TVT plays again, as we said Sunday at two o'clock, go out there and see him. We got to hit a heartbreak here. We're coming back with more KSR.
Speaker 6: Next.
Speaker 2: TJ Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 3: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Maggie.
Speaker 4: You're gonna come in a little hot Welcome back into Kassar. I'm Maggie Davis. We're hanging out listening to Taylor Swift Drew our other Swifty in the house. Ryan, We're gonna get you one day, But Drew, Who's the segment sponsored.
Speaker 2: By our friends at Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. If you've played eighteen holes in Kentucky during July, maybe like Willy's doing right now, you know just how much the sun comes out in a round of golf. Even on cloudy days. Those UV rays are still hard at work, and that's why the trusted experts at Kentucky Skin Cancer Center encourage everyone to make sunscreen part of their daily routine and schedule a skin check, especially if if you've noticed a spot catching skin cancer Early can make all the difference. With locations in Bowling Green, Franklin, Glasgow, Owens Burrow, and Powderley, trusted expert care has never been more convenient to schedule call two seven oh eight four to two one nine nine nine, or visit Kentucky Skin Cancercenter dot com Kentucky Skin Cancer Center where you're more than a patient, your family love it.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Now. You guys know I've worked here a long time ago on the website side of things, I haven't worked here in a while, but I still listen every day. I have to say, I'm a podcast listener, so I do miss the music. But it's also because on my show, like we just add lib about probably a lot of the same, at least the sports topics. We don't go as as off the rails on TV as you guys get two subtimes, So I never want to like accidentally steal anyone's take. So I'm always like a couple of days behind on the podcast on purpose. So I'm not like listening to you from ten to noon and then doing my own show at seven thirty makes sense. I don't know. I just don't want it to get confusing in my own brain. So but this week I knew I was coming on here on Thursday, so I tried to really catch up and listen live every day. And I loved the segment you brought Drew of all of the former coaches trailing stuff, and the recipe book really got me. So I wanted to contribute, so I brought chocolate chip cookies.
Speaker 1: Today, my favorite.
Speaker 4: This is my contribution. Oh wow, hope ever does one.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to give the Maggie Davis recipe.
Speaker 4: It's really my friend Mallory's recipe, but she just had to move to Durham Wamp. Her husband's huge UK fans, so I feel bad for him living in Duke Territory. So I wanted to bring her cookies to the KSR guys today.
Speaker 6: Here you go.
Speaker 2: Now you're our favorite guests host past one of those love here Mario.
Speaker 1: We ever had a guest host bring us food.
Speaker 4: There you go. I brought bags for your lady. This is for Abby and Avery.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, I'll eat those two.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I say this on the radio, so they know. Yoga girl. Here you go.
Speaker 5: Look at that.
Speaker 1: I got my own. Thank you. I have to hide these from my son, although disappear in a matter of seconds.
Speaker 2: Delicious, You like them. I don't like when cookies are too crunchy. These are the perfect amount of soft softness.
Speaker 4: Yes, they have to miss off. The secret I think is the brown sugar.
Speaker 2: I think that helps very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are fire, Mario said.
Speaker 2: Avery will love this empty ziplog bag that I take home with her name on it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm pretty sure Avery's not old enough to eat cookies, but I couldn't leave her out.
Speaker 2: She's got the milk, not quite the cookies yet.
Speaker 4: We'll let her handle that then. Okay, what's your welcome? Your boko? Thanks for having me on with you, guys, Shannon. Can we get to a few more calls in the second let's go. Yeah, let's go to Yosiah. He's been on for a while.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hi, how.
Speaker 7: Are you good?
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 4: Did I say your name right? Is it Yosiah?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Him?
Speaker 9: About I have a question about Kentucky's football.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you rather.
Speaker 9: Go to a bowl game? Or be Alabama and louis will and not go to a bowl game?
Speaker 4: Oh? Great question decided? Do you have an answer before we give you ours?
Speaker 9: Well, dang for sure, little.
Speaker 4: Game for sure. Okay, well you go enjoy the rest of your day. We'll let you go and then we will answer your question. You can listen. How about that? Okay, thank you, thanks for calling in. Man. Tough question.
Speaker 1: It is a tough question.
Speaker 4: On one hand, bowl game. On the other hand, you beat Alabama and Louisville. What are you guys taking?
Speaker 1: This is really tough because if you beat both those teams, are it's possible that you got a four win season this year? I've taken the Alabama Louisville wins. Okay, maybe this may be the only year I would do it, but I would do it this year. Alabama is a second game of the season at home. I'm talking myself into it. Drew, I'm taking Alabama Louisville wins.
Speaker 2: I'm going the other way because if you make a bowl game but you have those two losses, then you probably beat Florida, Tennessee, LSU, maybe at Texas.
Speaker 1: A and m Missouri.
Speaker 2: As much as I want to beat Alibis in Louisville, I could sacrifice those games to get to six wins, because to get to six without those two, you'd still have to have some huge wins on your schedule. So, even though I'd hate to surrender to Louisville, if will Stein were to get to a bowl game in year one, we would be on fire in Lexington for that.
Speaker 4: What sets up will Stein better? I think that's where you have to go. Is it better for will Stein in year two to have taken the Cats to a bowl game in year one or is it better for him to say, yeah, Alabama came into our house Week two and we beat them, and then the big rival at the end of the year talked to Smack for twelve months. Yeah, his own former team and we beat them too, which one helps stein year two better.
Speaker 2: Well, Louisville is the last game of the year, so you'd be ending the regular season. You wouldn't have the Bowl games, so I guess you'd have to be going into that with only four wins.
Speaker 1: Going into the recruiting season off that big win over Louisville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love either scenario. I still lean Bowl to get an extra game. That's big for the program with the extra practices, the exposure. I'd hate losing Tobama in Louisville. But I think if you were to get to six without those two, you'd still have some wins you'd love, especially if you've got some raw with Florida Or's.
Speaker 1: Like I said, especially to win. They have to get that one. You can't let John Somemmrall come in the guy. A lot of people wanted to be your coach and beat you on your home field.
Speaker 2: You go to Oklahoma, I mean, you'd still have to have some big wins on your resume.
Speaker 4: That's tough, I think. Yeah, I think I'd have to go Alabama Louisville just because those are. I mean, One's your biggest rival. Yeah, and one is one of the biggest brands in college football, and you all have talked about it. I know a lot like the atmosphere in Lexington for Week two is going to be insane, and to leave that with a win would be one of the most memorable weekends in Lexington.
Speaker 1: I think he would build up a little more honeymoon stage if he's able to get that win this season. In case they lose two or three in a row in this SEC schedule.
Speaker 2: It's a three point thirty game. Celebration would be fun. There's a big night game, but otherwise it's a quiet weekend in the SEC. It might be one of the only league games, so you'd be the talk of college football and only your second week of the year.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we talked about what John Summerl had to say the I think it was a joke, but threatening to throw a podium out of MEETIA a member whose phone went off during his comments at SEC media days. I have my favorite line from every coach that Kentucky plays this year.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, which one.
Speaker 4: Do you guys want to hear? Pick a team.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pick Missouri Missouri.
Speaker 2: Okay with Eli.
Speaker 4: This is what they were trying to get to on the pre show. And I think you came in.
Speaker 1: A little hot I did. I kind of interrupted on.
Speaker 4: I sent you this sound bite. Any chance we could play it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can do.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen to this.
Speaker 3: Well maybe if it'll play, let's see, well maybe not. Maybe we need to come back to it.
Speaker 4: Okay, we can come back to it. Okay, pick another team, We'll come back to Missouri.
Speaker 1: Tennessee, Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Josh Hipel talking about a ten year deal with Adidas. Tennessee now is like the big Adidas school in town. So of course you get sasked about that, and he said, well, the most important thing is Adidas got our color right. And then he said Valls fans were really worried about the right color orange. I think everyone else was like, come on, you could fix it a little. Now's your chance fix your color a little bit. He says, Adida's got the color right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little bit of dig at South Carolina because Nike had messed up their colors too. We'd all agree it's the worst color. We can recite the old line of it's that inside the pumpkin orange, puke orange. I found it interesting he's just sucking up to his Adidas overlords in his first year bringing it back. He also wore some terrible Adidas shoes SEC media. He did not help it checks over stripes for me with Nike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, UK plays at Tennessee November seventh. That is going to be a night game sometime between six and eight. You mentioned South Carolina. Let's talk Shane Beemer because he was a roller coaster. Like if Alabama and Kaylin de Bor were like the most boring, the most flat, Shane Beemer took us all on a ride. I think my favorite, though, was a real humble brag that he dropped twice about going to Turks and Caicos and getting recognized in the TSA line as an SEC football coach. And he says that's because South Carolina is international. What do you think?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, you're a joke. You're the joke of the SEC. Shane Beemer and I don't like South Carolina. I don't like playing at South Carolina. So if there's one win I want to get every year, it's definitely one in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: It is weird. A guy that's been on a coach at SEC football school for or school for so long, would get excited that he got recognized at in airport. I mean, it's kind of a loser behavior by him. He also sounded like a coach that knows he's sitting on a hot seat this year at his time at SEC Media.
Speaker 4: Days, I think he was trying to bring it back to that Netflix documentary they did last year and South Carolina was in two or three of the episodes. Yeah, oh yeah, And I think that's where he was like, yeah, they got Netflix and the Turks and Keikos. I'm like, okay, cool, great, awesome. He also called his quarterback Leonora Sellars a Heisman contender, and then really talked about they need to play better in October specifically because that's where they built all that momentum two years ago where they started a win streak one six straight into the postseason, and then October is also where it fell apart for them. Last year they beat UK and they didn't win another SEC game, lost five straight, six of their last seven, finished four and eighth, and it felt a little UK specific like we need to play better in October, specifically early October. UK goes to Columbia on October the third.
Speaker 2: That's their first first game in October. And that's such a meaningful game, like when Stoops had a success is when you beat South Carolina sixty seven whatever times it was in a row and then when it flipped and Stoops started going the wrong way. It's that South Carolina game. It's been a very big swing game for both sides. And he Beamer this year needs October to work because if it doesn't, he might not see November. That's how hot his seat is in Colombia.
Speaker 1: That Netflix documentary South Carolina profiled when they beat us, that's what I hated about that whole thing. They kind of really kind of rubbed it in our nose a little bit. South Carolina did and Netflix did both. Now we got Eli.
Speaker 3: Now if you want to loop back to his comments.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's let's go back to South Let's leave South Carolina again. That is October the third. Let's talk Missouri. That's Kentucky's final SEC game. Drinkwood's here is actually talking about they're playing Kansas this year. Listen to this.
Speaker 6: Evoke that emotion, and when you talk about the University of Kansas, you know what's the best thing that comes out of the state of Kansas. I seventy. Okay, all right, and what do you call a good looking girl in Kansas? A tourist? Okay, So just so we're on the same page, you know.
Speaker 4: There you go, Eli, drink wizz talking a little smack the state of Kansas, Shinn, And this one's really for you. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Oh, I hate the state of Kansas. I agree with him on the I seventy thing, but not only just taking a shot at Kansas. He's taking a shot at the women of Kansas. I haven't even cut that deep in my hatred for Kansas. I've never had anything bad to say about the people other than I just feel bad for them living there. But this feels like a Ryan Lemon esque cut that he was doing on Kansas. Because I know Ryan always makes fun of the Tennessee women. It's kind of unbelievable that he said that as the coach for Missouri.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Tennessee women chewed tobacco and they spin it on your shoes when you go to the Neeland Stadium. I loved it. That's why I picked him first. I wanted to talk about it. I love the fact he's going to stand up and talk smack to your rival. You're a guy next door.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I like embracing the rivalries like I don't care not coaches want to chip a little bit back and forth, do it? Yes, I'm down with it. UK plays at Missouri end of the year, November twenty first, their final SEC game gonna be a nighttime kickoff between six and eight on the road. So much talk about that first game of the year being Alabama first road game of the year. Guys is at Texas A and M Week three, a trip to College Station. Haven't been there since twenty eighteen. Do you guys, did you go on that trip?
Speaker 2: I didn't go, but I remember that game very well.
Speaker 1: He almost won that game, right down to the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: Yes. I was in New Orleans on my then boyfriend's now husband's fraternity formal and we were in the UK alumni bar watching in New Orleans, and they thought it was hilarious. There's like one hundred of us they're trying to watch that game, so they fed and drank us very well. Whoever was down there in New Orleans with us. But then they lost, like so close at the end. Of that game. This year you can finally get redemption. Almost a decade later. Mike Elcho, entering his third year on the podium back on Wednesday, said, after last year's playoff run, he got asked, how do you keep your team from being satisfied? How do you keep them motivated? He said, I show them our trophy case. It's empty. You like it?
Speaker 1: See? I kind of like that, you know, talking a little smack to your own team that time we will put something in this trophy case.
Speaker 2: And he's been a good coach there, But we also have their defensive coordinator. Maybe we need to have a little inside track to some what they could be doing. Jay Bateman reunion game there. Of all the teams in the conference, but if we only played them once, I think maybe twice back in the fifties, But that twenty eighteen game is the only time. It's unique that we've kind of avoided each other so long as the formats changed in the conference. So I'm really excited about that one. Kentucky will be two to zero. Going on the road. Will Stin's best road trip? Yes, maybe you'll go shock the world down there.
Speaker 4: Oh that'd be fun. Okay, another big road trip at Oklahoma in October, Brett Vennables, now the oldest coach in the league. That was the very first question in Tampa he talked on the first day. He was the first guy to go. It's his thirty third year in coaching, fifth year with the Sooners. Somebody asked him what it feels like to be the oldest coach in the SEC and he gave the most old man answer I can imagine. He said, well, I'm double Nichols fifty five. You like it, Double Nichols an.
Speaker 2: Old man answer is it's like the most old man thing.
Speaker 4: I think he could have said, yes, only Double Nichols, who talks like that.
Speaker 1: Not a very personal guy, not a you know, a raw, raw guy. But man, they that game scares me. Those those road games at Texas Ham and at Alklahoma really scare me as a Kentucky fan trying to go there and shock the world.
Speaker 2: It's different. Were used to Mark Stoops bean the old guy on the Kentucky side. We went from the oldest to the youngest just in one off season. Now Brent gets that role. And I don't even when Stoops was the oldest, I don't think he said anything that that elderly. No, he did not invitables, probably had a pocket full of Nichols and like still carrying around change and counting them out at the register.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have venmo.
Speaker 2: No, don't. Can't embrace the concept of that.
Speaker 4: That's buddy. So he is the oldest coach, longest tenured now Kirby Smart. Now that Mark Stoops is no longer in the SEC, at least as a head coach. Kirby Smart, I mean he's not on Kentucky schedule. I'm glad about that because the way he talked this week, he's feeling confident. He feels good about this Bulldogs team.
Speaker 1: That's one of the big stories coming out of the week is that the Georgia coaching staff and players every feel like they're the team to be in all the entire country this year.
Speaker 2: They got the tough news about Dante dal Dell. Though I feel bad for him. That sounds like I don't know if it's career ending, but they're talking like they might not know if he plays football again. So got it was a cat just this past season.
Speaker 1: And competing for the starting job.
Speaker 2: Right, he's probably going to be their top running back. Sound like a very serious accident he was in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it did so thoughts up to him now, Clark Lee with Vandy was very inspirational. Let's get to our last break. When we come back, We're going to drop some words of wisdom on you courtesy of the Vandy coach and wrap things up here on KSR. Welcome back into KSR. You're listening to our final segment of the Morning Time Flying By. You're listening to Drew Ryan Shannon. I'm Maggie and Shannon slash Drew. I think we have another ad read here.
Speaker 3: Ye, I'll take this one. Sourcing your food locally makes a lot of sense. That note Ja lind of Farms. You can buy locally grown beef that has been finished on locally grown grain and raised on a green pasture in Bourbon County grocery store. Beef all travels through a Western US feed lot and the U the travel and feed lot exposes cattle to all sorts of cataminant, to antibiotics, and steroids, and that is not the case with no Chail lind of Farms beef. No Chain lind of Farms beef is processed in Kentucky at a USDA inspected facility and their beef never tastes the state. I say never taste, never leaves the state, tastes delicious, never leaves the state unless it is shipped to a customer out of state. So use the promo code KSR to get ten percent off your order. Visit no Chain lendis Farms dot com, No Chain lindofarm dot com, or you can give them a call it eight five nine seven zero seven seven thousand and four to place in order.
Speaker 4: Shannon your coach, Clerk Lee dropping some wisdom and sec media days back on Tuesday. We must be willing to risk what we are for what we could become.
Speaker 1: That's just one.
Speaker 4: I have a whole lest I'm going to read them on to you, but they're so good, wholehearted. Devotion to the discipline of Sunday through Friday becomes the privilege of perform on Saturday. Ooh, drop the mic Clark Lee filing filing wise and then you. Of course I had to talk about replacing Diego Pavia. Is Vandy going to be as dangerous with a new quarterback this year?
Speaker 3: I would say no, Diego Pavia is a unicorn. I mean, for a guy his size to be able. I mean that, you know, you don't see many guys like that that can play the way that Diego Pavia played. So I think they're going to take a significant drop off from the last couple of seasons.
Speaker 4: Well, Kentucky hosts the Commodores on October twenty fourth, another night game. A lot of those this year. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: That's a game you gotta get too. Man. You know, we haven't won an SEC home game in two and a half years. Whatever it is, you got to win one of these, and Vanderbilt gotta be one you gotta get.
Speaker 2: I think they'll take a step back a little bit this year without having Pavia, but they're not going back to the cellar like they were for so many years. They have an incredible amount of nil around there, just like rich national Nashville celebrities have bought into Vandy. Well, I think before they didn't care that they were in the city. So I think they'll have a dip. But Vandy's not going way for good. I mean, they've they're really set up for the future. They've got took like a top quarterback from Georgia, Nate Burgatzi's just pouring in money all the time helping him out. So they're they're sticking around, but I think they will fill the effects of not having pavia.
Speaker 4: Guys, thank you so much for letting me come sit in with you.
Speaker 1: You killed it today, great job. Is it over already?
Speaker 4: We are just about over anything else we need.
Speaker 2: To do before we go all another cooking. Ryan's had three.
Speaker 1: We'll promote our show tomorrow. John Clay Automotive in Nicholasville, come on out. I think a couple of TVT guys are going to be there. Jeff Picorol is going to join us, So talk a little football. And that's tomorrow, John Clay Automotive in.
Speaker 3: Nicholas And speaking of TVT, we're supposed to pick a game on DraftKings, so I'll go to you guys here, Baheim's Army versus hall End.
Speaker 1: Do we get we get the winner of this series?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: So Bajam's Army is a twelve and a half point favorite on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Did they cover Baheim's like eighty five years old, he's lost his fastball. He can't play playing. Oh, he's not playing. He's not playing. Never mind, it's his army.
Speaker 6: He just leading.
Speaker 3: It's just his name.
Speaker 1: I'm picking the Army. Army over they're playing. I'm taking the Army.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I am too. We'll go.
Speaker 2: I'll take all in because we need them to win to force a game three, because then it becomes complicated. They have to play into the weekend and then fly to Lexington, so we need that series to go three games.
Speaker 3: There you go only on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: The crowd is yours.
Speaker 4: I like it. You tire them out before lat Familia hosts Sunday at two o'clock back inside Memorial Colis sum Thanks to everybody who called in today joined us. Of course, great to talk to Willie colly Stein. Was great to get a little Tampa report from Nick Rosh and thanks to you guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks for Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: We've ever heard on the show though.
Speaker 4: Yeah sure, honestly, I know I gotta do something different around here. Thank you guys so much. You can catch me weeknights at seven thirty on BBN tonight. Have a great day.