Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Darry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newie scrugs.
Speaker 3: Al Right, everybody here, it is at time that time, at times Players Lounge time right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio brought bye to Stetos. Get to tell Stito's ready for Saturday night as the Cowboys host the Detroit Lions a T and T Stadium otherwise known as Jery. Lions have won the NFC North got eleven wins. Cowboys have ten wins. The Cowboys have clutched their playoff spots, still in contention to win the division. So gentlemen, yes, Sir Harrison, Danny McCrae, I knew, he scrugs. Seeing is Nate Newton decided to kind of get on one as he was leaving the leaving the studio here for the last show about Dan Quinn in.
Speaker 2: The defense I missed that cons when we.
Speaker 3: Trust, can this defense still lead the Cowboys to start?
Speaker 2: Right there now?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let him the floor, one of y'all, because he left the show yesterday talking about historically, So I'm gonna go ahead.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 4: Was two days ago. You were right, You're right. He's still hanging on ago. He said it's historical. Okay, Yes, I don't get I don't care what that was. I'm gonna let him. I'm gonna let him saying historically, we still nobody better than to be pushed over the edge by one Danny mccrane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to set brother. This is awsome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that this is This is a defense that obviously has his feelings, and you could tell by the way that it's constructed by some guys that are underweight. I think you when I look at Detroit, I look at them as a team. You look at their four to three scheme, that they have those guys out there on the edge and just starting no further than eight and hutcheson sixty seven two hundred and sixty eight pounds.
Speaker 2: How big those guys are.
Speaker 4: But then you look on our side with Tank and Micah completely undersized for the position that they play. I think this defense was constructed to play fast and when dan Quinn's vision as he put this thing together was look, if I can hold these guys up in the middle and keep them off my line back as I can let the rest of these guys flow, and I'm gonna rely on sacks and turnovers. If you look at the numbers on this defense, they get alarming amount of turnovers. Their top five, top ten in the league and getting turnovers, and that's a super super Bow stat if you go back and you look at the teams that make it, defenses that make it to the Super Bowl. That's one of the stats that you can always look at Philadelphia last year the sacks, that also the turnovers, and that to me has been the thing that I keep faith in when I talk about dan Quinn because he's able to turn the ball over. That also can help you, especially in the Alen offense when you can't run the ball.
Speaker 2: Dak is at his best.
Speaker 4: When he's dealing with a short field when that energy just I think the whole turnover from getting a turnover, it changes the momentum of a game. As you know, as you guys being defenders, and I think those things are the catalysts for the victories that you see the Cowboys get I believe that you can still be there. That's why I was begging for that number two seed because I felt like being at home. You see the way that our defense plays. But that's something that they're going to have to put in a Duffel bag and like play a circle Duffel bag.
Speaker 2: Boys, you gotta take that bag with you to wherever you go.
Speaker 4: If you go to Tampa, you go to San fran That's been the difference in wins in law when you can turn the ball over. And dan Quinn has I mean, if you look at the Steelers in the seventies and you look at all the great defenses that people always talk about, the one thing that they've been able to.
Speaker 2: Do is turn the ball over.
Speaker 4: And since dan Quinn has been here, that's been like his that feather in his cap that he can always generate turnovers.
Speaker 2: I still.
Speaker 4: So yeah, And that's the thing, man, I just gave you an explanation to my yes. You know, so's gonna come with a stipulation, okay, because you know, at the beginning of the season it was Hey, I was I was with McCarthy of like, hey, we're a defensive team and We're gonna play to our defense. We're gonna make sure that whatever we do, we let our defense get arrested. We're gonna try to get those third downs, but we know that we're a defensive team. We're gonna run the football, all that, all that good stuff, all right. Now I believe is, hey, man, they work together. They work together. Okay, if your offense has to be clicking a little at least for your defense to be able to do what they do best. We are a pass rushing defense, all right. We want to get you in third and long pass the situations, and that's where you see those turnovers and those sacks come from. When it comes to us stopping to run, we know that that is an issue. Not just this year, this has been an issue for us for multiple years. When we fall on defense is when our offense is not able to go out there and control the ball, make sure we get some type of third down, score touchdowns in the red zone instead of field goes. That's when you see our defense not be able to do what they do best. Because listen, Michael Parsons is a pass rusher, all right, that's what he specializes. Can he stop the run?
Speaker 2: Do yeah, he can do. He's a pass rushing specialist, all right.
Speaker 4: That's what when we talk about those d's who and all those guys, we were talking about how our defensive line gets off the ball and creates pressure on quarterbacks. We have not talked about them in the light of hey man, these are great run defenders, all right. So I think our offense has to put us in position to be able to play to our strengths. And when you got a team that's able to come in there and run the ball and offense goes three and out and we're not able to get going intol the second half, that that just doesn't both well for our defense. So if they're clicking, then our defense get out there and make those plays. If we if we playing a game like Buffalo stuff like that, well, you know, I don't think we have it. Yeah, I'm I'm still saying this defense can can take you to where you need to go with some help, but they can take you.
Speaker 2: Where you need to go.
Speaker 4: But my faith it's waveringe is a little bit it's on the edge right now. You know, it's teeter titering because when you look at it and who potentially this team's gonna have to go against to get to that, to that.
Speaker 2: That's Bob, to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to maybe go against the Detroit, San Francisco, Philly teams that specialize in running the football. And you can say, yeah, well we beat Philadelphia when they were here in Dallas, but if you looked at that game, man, Philly was able to run up and down the field on the Dallas Cowboys def you know, it was those three turnovers, those three fumbles that turned the game around.
Speaker 3: And all three of those fumbles happened deep in Dallas's territory.
Speaker 4: So to me, if you're going against that gauntlet, you gotta be able to at least slow down the run.
Speaker 3: And did they perform better against Miami, Yes they did.
Speaker 4: They did a better job than allowing two hundred and some yards like they did against Buffalo.
Speaker 3: But to me, can you be that consistently?
Speaker 4: And that's what we've got to see these next two games because both of these teams coming up Detroit and Washington, they can run the football. Washington is what it is, but they can run the football a little bit with those two backs. Can you build upon that heading into the playoffs? And I think it'll give your defense dividends, but overall, they just got to perform better.
Speaker 3: Against the run. Can't say this about Philly. You mentioned, you mentioned the turn on They turned the ball over against Philly, and they cast three fumbles in Philadelphia. They ain't get any of them. So in two games against them, they know how to get the they know how to get the ball.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: So just giving you that. But no, this can't stop the run. Can't win the Super Bowl, can't. No, No, this is a good football team, but I don't think you can overcome these wards to do it. Because tell me the last team that happens that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't have a calculator or can look up here and tell you, hey, this is their run defense was this. I can just say this. Kansas City hadn't always had the best defense in the league, but what they have been able to do is get sacks and also get turnovers. Now in the AFC, do you have to worry about the run as much? Do you give up your one hundred yard runner?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I mean I think you talk about the Cowboys and giving up those two hundred yards to Arizona and the way that Buffalo victimized you. But that isn't the biggest staple that you could say, Oh, put that on them because they can't make it to the super Bowl because they can't do this. They can turn the ball over and just like Barry was just talking about getting turnovers, whether it be deep in your own territory, you're getting the turnover so being don't break. But then your offense is also able to generate points. So I don't think that that's a caveat to disqualify them for the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: You bring up Kansas City, bring up the guy was the MVP the league when they won two championships. So that right there puts it at a whole nother level where that guy puts you at a different advantage than everybody in the league, where he puts so much pressure on it helped your defense when we talk about the Cowboys offense being able to put pressure, you know by scoring and helping your defense. But I just think you bring up Kansas City, Patrick Mahomes, that's a whole other I mean that dude's got it right now, he's got MVP wrestling.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at I mean that last year. I mean, look at last year's Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Okay, two teams where we talked about the defenses is top of the league. Okay, sacks, turnovers, whatever it is. And you get out there and if you get into a game like that where your defense don't doesn't show up, your offense has to be able to, like you said, put pressure on the other team and score those points. We have not been able to do that in those situations outside of Seattle. Outside of Seattle, to where a man defense ain't playing that good offense, you got to be able to pick us up when we get into the playoffs. We have not seen a situation where, well, second round of the playoffs, when we play San Francisco, where it's like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, man, it's on, y'all, bro, it's on. We need thirty.
Speaker 4: We need thirty, right because right now the defense doing all they can, they force the five field goals, they do whatever they can. We need y'all to put up thirty today. We ain't seen it. But those teams that you names from last year, Philly in Kansas City, those teams do that defense ain't show up. That's why we got Mahomes. Defense don't show up.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: We got aj Brown and we got and we got Jalen Hurst, and we got the slim Reaper right for us. It's not that you don't when you go read the newspaper on Monday or whatever it is, you don't see that in there. You just see men Calboy then look good on offense or defense, could find a way to get it done. But what do you point to when you look at the Los Angeles game? What do you point to when you look at the Chargers game? I mean, you won those games twenty to seventeen, you won the other one forty to forty three to twenty. You know those are those are games won. Your defense may not have played this great, but your offense was able to. I mean, you guys have played this game, so you know that every game has its own narrative. But to point to a whole season and say, oh, well that team has Patrick Mahomes, well no, yeah, of course they do. Of course they have one of the best players.
Speaker 2: In the league.
Speaker 4: But he doesn't go out there and do it on his own. I understand what you're saying. Like the narrative every week when you open the paper is okay, the defense, we're not able to generate turnovers, but Dak didn't have his best day. Well, a lot of guys are not having their best day. Offensive line not having their best day. I mean, all of these things work together. I didn't mention I said the offense that's run as the entire officer. I don't want to be like I'm putting it on that. That's that's not That's not where I went. I'm talking about our offense, play calling getting out, like our penalties, whatever it is. We just haven't played well in those situations.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Two LA games for what they were. Matthew Stafford got hurt and we see what the charges are. Not I want to take it up and away from them, but you know they're like, as you watch the season, you're like, you know what, let's see what.
Speaker 2: Wins would really work.
Speaker 4: Coaching staff got fired out there for the target for the game.
Speaker 3: Patrick Mahomes and what we've seen through these playoff runs, especially the championship years, this guy is a true Hall of Fame difference maker. This is up there when Tom Brady fourteen points down to Seattle being able to move, I mean, you talk to me, I guess what use Cam Newton's.
Speaker 2: Game changer game.
Speaker 3: It's a different category. Patrick Mahomes is a different category right now. If this dude quit tomorrow, you could go and argue his case to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Put him in there right now, right now. So when you talk about Kansas City and their defense on I got Patrick Mahomes. If you're Andy Reid, that is something that right now, nobody else can say now right that today's Kansas City team got a whole bunch issues, a whole bunch of issues. But what they've been able to do throughout his career so far, I think he's a difference maker, and that's just something that basically nobody else has because he's that good. Lamar Jackson be interested to see if Lamar can finally break through this year. But there's just not that many dudes where you can say, hey man, we're gonna put it on your back. It's like having a great picture in baseball. Hey man, go ahead, go out there, for go seven innings and blank him because you know, we don't know we're gonna be able to give you. There ain't that many people who can do.
Speaker 4: I mean, think about the Baltimore game. You just watched those guys out there. They get you in pass the situations which that is advantageous to your defense to be able to put you in this. Did they stop the run? No, they didn't stop to run, but they took the ball. They took the ball away, and they put you in a situation where San Francisco became a team that had to throw throw the football. All right, but but and their offense was able to continue to put that person on them by scoring points. Have we been able to do that in a game of that magnitude? Been able to do that?
Speaker 3: Not consistent those kind of no trust.
Speaker 4: There, there's no trust there, not no time proof because there's no trust.
Speaker 3: He go ahead? You want to fight us on to go ahead? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: You know, I think you make a valid point where you're talking about a generational quarterback and what he's able to do.
Speaker 2: But he didn't do it all by himself.
Speaker 4: He has to have a defense, and he's also going out there with a cheetah in some of those champion that championship and also an offensive scheme that caters to exactly who he is. When you talk about a guy like Lamar Jackson and the way that San Francisco played him, they were just trying to bottle contain this guy who still made them pay. Okay, in our case, we're asking Dak, look, when the chips are down and we need a guy to come back, can you be that guy to do it.
Speaker 2: He's had times.
Speaker 4: Throughout his career where he's done that when he has the weaponry and we're saying CD are the running game and all those things to stay in balance, He's been able to do that.
Speaker 2: This year is completely different. Different.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys are throw first team by necessity because they have to because they have nothing else to go to. So in those games where the defense is not dominating, as especially on those road games where they're not able to get the stops, they're not good on third down on the road, they're not able to generate the same turnover.
Speaker 2: So it don't look the same.
Speaker 4: So if you could say, hey, every year that Patrick Mahomes goes out on the field, he can.
Speaker 2: Be the MVP no DUG.
Speaker 4: But he don't do it with by hisself any damn sure, don't do it without a good defense.
Speaker 2: Well don't.
Speaker 4: Last year he didn't have had a chase you know, I got you. I don't even want to, I think. Or last week against Miami I think that was the perfect example to show why this defense can still get you to the promise sand to the super Bowl, because when you look at it, that defense to me, and we talked about that when I first came in here, I'm like, man, they didn't look good against the run, but daddy, he was right. They had one of the most explosive offenses in the game to what twenty two point two point one of four.
Speaker 2: In the red zone?
Speaker 4: All right, And then you look on the offensive side of the football with Dak Prescott, we always talk about it, when you get a chance to make your mark on the game, you go out there and you do it. He led a potential game winning driving getting this team the league with two minutes to twenty seven second class. Now, when we talk about it as a whole, both sides where they perfect. No, they weren't perfect, but they both gave each other an opportunity to win out side of those that penalty, that big time fifteen yard face mask at the end of it on our last drive, I'm sitting there looking like we may be talking about a different, you know, different situation right now. So that's why I still want to lean towards this defense being able to get you there and offensively they don't have to be perfect at all. But Dak Prescott, if you give him that opportunity like last week, and we've seen in years past, he can get the he can get the job done. So and I hesitant to say, like this is for show, this defense to get you. Yeah, but overall I still believe that they have the strength. Are you confident in this defense holding any team that may be in the playoffs on under twenty points? I mean, they get it to Miami in Miami, and that's one of the said under twenty you need to score twenty points to win. Like your team, your offense has to score more, hours has to score more than twenty points than.
Speaker 3: When we have to think they can do it against Detroit a Philly.
Speaker 4: I don't know about saying fram I don't know, but I feel like they can do it against Detroit and we.
Speaker 2: Don't figure this out. We will figure this out on Saturday. I like that. And you want to put it down whatever you want to do. You there not that.
Speaker 6: We're talking about another Get me there, ain't doing that, Yeah, talking about another They talking about that when.
Speaker 3: Fasted on the road against a good team and they played it really good game. We all acknowledged it was a good game plan. They played well. But you had an opportunity to close the shell. You couldn't close the shell. So then how do we look at that? And so for me, when I see here's the opportunity, couldn't close the show, I can't give them that because I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: Score touchdown. I'm not on y'all. They need to go score touchdown.
Speaker 4: I'm a stand on this right here, okay, And this is a cross So our issue with Kellen Moore, okay, early in the season was that his quarterback and then would get the ball two minutes left, and the expectation at that point is what all you need to feel go like that's like, that is the expectation in the passing lead for you to be able to get to the forty yard line you start on twenty five, Like that is a normal. That is something that you should be able to expect from any offense in the league. All right, when your offense has an opportunity to go out there with two and a half minutes left on the clock, knowing that, hey man, we're finna put our defense in the situation where all the other offense gotta do is go out there and score, get thirty yards and then they are able to possibly kick a game winning field goal. We need to get us a touchdown. We need to score a touchdown. Do we have the weapons to be able to score touchdowns on defenses? Do we have CD Lamb? Do we have Tony Poulerck, do we got first or do we got branded? Because can't we expect that from our offense when you only put up twenty points, I'm telling you ain't going to Super Bowl. That's all you're putting up against these teams on the road. But they and I guess you know, when it comes down to the playoffs, says, you guys know, every possession is magnified and even that much more important. And if you look at this Miami game as a playoff game, that first possession pretty much sealed the deal because you were in the lift.
Speaker 2: Because if you don't go for it there on four and.
Speaker 4: Three and you kick the field goal and you get three points, you win the game twenty three to twenty two, and they need a touchdown to win the game.
Speaker 2: And that's the difference. And that's exactly what I'm talking to give you. I trust our defense not to give up that touchdown with two and a half minutes.
Speaker 4: It's a difference between needing a touchdown to win the game and needing a field goal. We held the number one offense, one of the most explosive offenses, to five field goals. You always talk about how the point differential and wins and losses in the NFL's two to three points. It came down to that and it was that possession that that you look even going back to the Philadelphia game, that steps out of bounds, that's another one. Shoemaker stops at the inch one inch line. It's it's that meant come on, mane do it for me.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 4: Right, guy to the right.
Speaker 2: Then you'll see a guy to go that in. So you agree with me with I know he on the same Yes about this? Yes? About this? Yes, no, No, I got a stipulation with my son.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: I explained that you didn't.
Speaker 4: You didn't make this place the first time I told you, Okay, offense has to show up. We ain't shutting out nobody. That's just it on command when we come back.
Speaker 3: The next part of this question is real simple, since I got three yes's and the asterix on it. Yeah, is it historic? We'll do that next right here playing the Holes Dallas Cowboy dot com Radio.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 4: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos.
Speaker 3: Jog and more.
Speaker 8: The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in How about them Cowboys? Smeirnough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home or away.
Speaker 9: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys fans smear enough we new game days. Please drink responsibly Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: DeMarcus Laws is the Dallas Cowboys numbinee for the twenty twenty three Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide. Help raise funds for Dak Prescott's Faith Fight Finished Foundation by casting your vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year or tweak your support using the hashtag w P m O Y Challenge. Vote votes end on January the eighth vote for Tank. Thank you my Harrison, shout out to Tank. Yeah this year Man Walters Man big and deserving.
Speaker 3: Yes players, that's got Barry Church, Harrison, Danny Cray, I am Newy Scruggs. Going into Saturday's game, Detroit Lions coming in town. They just won the NFC North. The Cowboys coming out two straight losses. They are a six point favorite, according to Las Vegas Man six.
Speaker 2: Get what's the lines record on the road? Is it bad? Is the line record? Like there's got to be something that they have six points.
Speaker 3: Cowboys are basically scoring forty points a game right now at home, so that's in their favor. Souls we eleven and four.
Speaker 4: For us.
Speaker 3: They lost at home, I know, to the Packers on Thanksgiving Day, and I think they lost at Baltimore's when up there, and they lost at Chicago.
Speaker 4: They lost the Seattle at home, and week two they lost the Green Bay at home.
Speaker 3: Some Thanksgiving in Baltimore's before Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they lost the Seattle in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: All right, So so we all three three people the table agreed that the Cowboys have a defense.
Speaker 2: Now, oh wait, I did that wrong. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: On the road, they beat Kansas City, they beat Tampa, they beat Green Bay, they beat the Chargers, they beat the Saints, they beat Minnesota's squad. I what this?
Speaker 2: Six more things about like they horrible on the road. Gonna give me the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys have been dominated at home. That's true. Dominant, that's true. Throwing up forty again. So all three of you agreed that this Cowboys team has a super Bowl defense. So then I asked the question, now, is historic?
Speaker 2: Wait? So we said we that's what we agreed on the super Bowen.
Speaker 3: Said they have a defense that still lead them to a type they can depend on their defense in order to get to I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Saying, you don't do this, You're gonna kick this from the me too. No, no, okay said historic, No, no, do we have the best defense in the league? Story? I do not believe.
Speaker 4: So you gotta be number one in the league at least to be the story getting in multiple They have some historical performances, you know, like you know, the Ron Bland taking things back to the house like. But overall, when I think historic, I think still Curtain, I think eighty five all rags, come on, I think guys like that, I mean Saxonville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't. Historically we sa historically great defense.
Speaker 4: Well, when you play San Francisco, you got a historically great defense plays well against them. At Philly historically a great defense. They played very well against them Arizona. You don't let that happen like when you're historically great. It's like when you listed those teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that ain't.
Speaker 4: But even those teams, even though even the Steelers in the seventies and the Bears they lost, you know, they lost, they lost game, and they lost some games to some opponents that you didn't think that they were going to lose those games too, Like what I'm just just saying they didn't go they didn't go. No, it wasn't forty two does No, that's what that's the context. I know they lost, I know they lost. I'm talking about not a forty at time.
Speaker 3: Lost one game and it was a it was a deep fourth quarter game down there in Miami and the heat in the in that heat of December. That was a that was a close game. Miami won it.
Speaker 2: But that was than that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I mean they became to Texas, stayed through the forty four nothing shut out on on the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: So that's historically, I mean the Ravens had what was out there, you know, talk about I want to be that kind of game manager.
Speaker 3: You remember who started the season man, brother Banks, Brother Banks.
Speaker 2: They never looked back after that either, did they?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Brother?
Speaker 4: Who needs to be the offensive count game outside of outside of Prescott Prescott's got Yeah, if it's offensively, I'm automatically gonna say Prescott, But you know, outside of Prescott, who got a ball out?
Speaker 3: It's got to be to me, it's got to be another CD game.
Speaker 4: But it can't be a CD game like it was last week where it was, man, we're gonna load him up early in you know, first quarter, but then just fall away from him for you know, two quarters after that. I think this is a game where he's got to get the attention and he's got to get the ball in his hands. I mean, we all understand what he can do with it in his hands. So to me, he's got the ball out and it's up to Prescott to get him the ball early and often. I know y'all saw the game that Mark perhad the other day, sixty. It was crazy, I mean, and if he could have if he could have a game like that, I think everybody would be happy. But those numbers, man need to be distributed between him and Brandon Cooks. It really has to be, because you have to find a way going into the playoffs to make defenses worry about the deep threat. And you've seen the Cowboys open up games with that deep ball to Brandon Cooks. An it's right there and and every and every time, and even with CD, they're missing it. They're missing it. And those times where we're gonna come against teams that are gonna go zon although when I look at Aaron Glenn's defense, I think they're gonna play a lot of man and they can't change their spots this late, and if they try to play zone it would surprised me.
Speaker 2: But I think these are the time.
Speaker 4: These are the kinds of games that won CD can get his numbers, but also Brandon Cooks can show you how he can also take over a game and give defensive coordinators more to worry about. Yes, since you took uh, Brandon Cooks, I'm I gotta go with TP like I was. I was going between third and TP. But I'm like, I know we haven't like and you did this to me yesterday. So whenever we talked about Tony Pollard and the twenty five touches and all that, and I went back and I looked, I'm like, okay, twenty five touches against some teams and the numbers weren't bad. You know, he was doing it, but they were We were blowing those teams out, and they kept running about stuff like that. But I think we need Tony Pollard and I'm gonna get some new numbers for Tony, some new numbers. Dude, you're so passed seventy list seventy five rushing yards for Tony Poll, what's to pass it?
Speaker 2: Thirty yards past thirty yards?
Speaker 4: You needed to have one hundred total scrimmage yards for for us to be able to chess for this game.
Speaker 2: Like I need, like it has it has, it has to be out. It has to be that I don't know what space space.
Speaker 3: Because if if your boy seven to seven, thank you.
Speaker 2: He can't go go ahead, go ahead, take you. He ain't playing, how you gonna be a catalyst? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If he ain't going, the guy behind him that you need this offensive need to be the catalyst.
Speaker 3: Now he got to play.
Speaker 2: Well, oh he said, who needs to be a catalyst for the game? I mean.
Speaker 3: Cats, right right, No, seventy seven and seventy because because because Zach Martin, you need you need those.
Speaker 2: You need the the all.
Speaker 3: Decade guys to be able to do their job. And if they're not there to do their job trying to get it to Cooks and CD, it's gonna be hard. The offensive line has to in my opinion, against this detroity because they gonn come in here trying to be physical. They have to meet them and If this offensive line doesn't do it, it's gonna be hard for TP to get rolling. It's gonna be hard for Dak to get out there. I mean, we talked about how they went away from CD. Now part of that was winn C is big Fangil found something and start dialing it up and you mother, well you take old left right, you know where to go. Offensive line has got to be. They've got to play a really solid game in this sit.
Speaker 4: For me, I just think they do so okay, offensive lines? You so you are depending? So you are you expecting those those two to be out there and healthy enough to play.
Speaker 2: They need to be.
Speaker 3: That's to me, that's how they win the game. To me, they have to win if they they have to be out there playing their best football in order for them to win this game. And if they if they are out there, I believe that Dak can continue to do what he's done at home, put up the numbers that they can go ahead and win this game and potentially win it by the six points. The offense line's got to be. But they were not good. The offensive line was not.
Speaker 2: Good against Miami at all.
Speaker 3: We talk about not getting the ball in down there, and they weren't good.
Speaker 2: They have to be better.
Speaker 3: They kick too many field goals if we start thinking about it. And then also the only one and the old they gotta leave the ship.
Speaker 4: All of those tough to whoa Okay, he upset, he don't really care about it. So you make your pick Saturday morning when you find out if retiring playing. So I believe Devil's advocate here, knowing the way that seventy his impact on this offensive line. You only have two more games left in the season. You're pretty much locked at the five spot. Do you say, right now, shut him down? No, you're rolling, rolling with a back problem. Yeah, okay, I'm rolling because I don't know about the five seed.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like you can still get the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my work.
Speaker 4: The worst thing that can happen to you is if you don't play them, and Philly go out there and fumble the bag, and then you sit there and you looking at going on the road at number five when you had the opportunity to possibly get into the two seed and play at home, because you know, we know the difference between us playing on the road and at home is huge. Now, that is tough is a tough thought. But I'm like, that's gonna be here next week, going away, you know what I'm saying, Like, so so figure out, help him, figure out how to play with it, play with the bad back and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one. I can see your point on that one. I'm just I really want us to have that home game. I really did. I really want to have home game because on the road it is just I.
Speaker 3: Think I might see them if it came down to it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know it's tough, but and I know you're fighting for the two seed and trying to get that, and we all to to stay at home field versus a road game.
Speaker 3: It's a totally different squad.
Speaker 4: But I mean the man, I mean, he he ain't practicing now, and you know he didn't get really get through that Buffalo game.
Speaker 3: That's what this injury started from.
Speaker 4: So if you get him out there, there is no guarantee that he's gonna be able to, you know, get through that, and then you're gonna need them for the most important games, which is the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So the next week thing, Yeah, that's the next week thing right there. That's tough.
Speaker 3: That's Washington that'll be a different story. But but this game is important. That's true. That is true. You sure enough can't go out there and lose on Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 2: You can't afford to lose three in a row just for the psyche of his ten. That's big to him.
Speaker 3: So offensive line, they have to be good. They've got to be physical. Detroit is going to make you play physical football. You have to match their physicality and they need to.
Speaker 4: Do so yours the seven seven, Ye gotta go so all a sudden. He don't play that, y'all don't have no callers. It's just over and then I'm gonna float back there. You know, who's your backup? Who's your backup? Don't get yeah, come on now, he thought he was gonna get out of there with that one that you don't play.
Speaker 2: He didn't say nothing. Now, who's your backup? He's the kind of spade part of go to in the make. Just be quiet to the possible, Just keep your whole sack to of the possible. I never know.
Speaker 3: You know, you got guess.
Speaker 2: Question? He ans, little question? Okay, on the back. Now I go forget about it in New York City, I ain't go forget right here Down.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Danny mccraig.
Speaker 4: That was Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new dicking and flavors. Dig into a cool I Si E or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped the Presscott.
Speaker 2: Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slaft. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Prus Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Back to the players, loud, Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboys Fan of the Year, and now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be given the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Heck Maherison. Players are not trying to buy tostitos. Players. Danny Mccraiberry Church, I'm merely new, he scrutched. So give me C d Lane, give me cdlan ge get after the secondary explosive plays, get a lead and make Jared goffin company try to play from behind. That's what you should do. That's that's.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 3: But they got to be able to protect because that's what this physical football team and you got to meet them. So to me, this is a big game because I think it's also a kind of game where we look at this. Get you playoff ready, You're going to have to beat this kind of team to get where you want to go. So might as well start Saturday night ringa barn to night with Jimmy Johnson in the house. You can't lose this, Yes, you cannot lose on Jimmy Johnson night.
Speaker 2: Man. You can't. Can't do it, but you can you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't, like like it's a bad team coming here, like the Patriots coming here, Like we can't. Ye, you scheduled a good team for who's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be no party?
Speaker 3: You guys, wann't hear that? At the Texas Stadium last game was Baltimore. When Yeah, John Harball rolled up.
Speaker 2: They counsel Christmas, it went crazy.
Speaker 3: Like that, Wow, about to go crazy. They're living a good life out there.
Speaker 2: Man. It was bad.
Speaker 3: It was bad. I was talking to Jim Harball before the game because he was with another friend of mine and and so, believe it or not, they were like offended that Jason Garrett didn't want to coach them, because Jason had turned down the job here and he turned out Atlanta as well, but they were infinided. Then that's how John ended up getting the job and Jim was like off too good to go go coach over here and they came.
Speaker 2: Out there gave it.
Speaker 3: It was sad.
Speaker 2: It was sad. The stadium shut the stadium down.
Speaker 3: So they lost the final game in Texas Stadium. I mean they got beat up.
Speaker 2: They got beat up.
Speaker 3: And then Emmett you know, said said the Russian lost that game. We got to stop this man.
Speaker 4: So all this happened, and you talking about that's why you feel this way, like, Okay, this is the time we went up.
Speaker 2: All the talk about it. We gotta have it. Know this is this is tough. It's a tough one. Boy. Let's do it. I got it right now, Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, thirty three twenty eight, Cowboys win thirty three twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I like that scool. Okay, that's don't cover. Yeah, damn, Quinn, don't cover.
Speaker 4: That's what the flush is, all that money gone. I want Church to go before me, man, So I need Church to go before me, because then that's how you know how you're no because no, no, no, no, no no, because last week I know he was on vacation, he was, and I really don't he probably school.
Speaker 3: And then when I put below them, but the past, Russ got the show.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't want to know, but I don't know what. Okay, you picked wrong.
Speaker 4: I'll say you're usually right when you pick against the Cowboys, You're usually But I'm going with I'm going with the okay, going with the boys.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, give me to give me the Cowboys. Twenty eight, twenty four?
Speaker 2: No cover? Okay, no, no, I.
Speaker 4: Ain't covering, man, that's six points. No, I ain't going I'm gonna shock y'all right now, do this, man? This is I mean just I just got to keep it real.
Speaker 2: That's what you keep it.
Speaker 4: A thousand, we cover thirty seven, twenty seven, we beat them, you know, we win it in the.
Speaker 3: Garbage point yay?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah cool?
Speaker 3: Twenty off the plane or twenty No no, no.
Speaker 9: No like that.
Speaker 2: About myself. You go.
Speaker 3: Now, you ain't gone early in the year, you had the loss?
Speaker 4: I did, I did at this point. At this point, it's all lost to me. So I'm hoping for twelve and five right now. I know we Okay, do you understand I had what was that fourteen and three, thirteen.
Speaker 2: And four thirteen. I'm certain all I thought for sure you was.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you about to do this. He is he's a statue in the back bield. Let me thinking I'm gonna be there.
Speaker 2: You can't think what you're thinking about there. You go ahead and make you tell me the same as the Rams, because you know, listen the Rams.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, I'm telling you that you back then.
Speaker 2: I'm more with new.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm gonna pick the same score I picked for the Miami Dolphins game, thirty eight thirty five.
Speaker 3: They putting up thirty five on.
Speaker 2: But I'm taking the Dallas guy. We're not gonna I don't believe.
Speaker 3: We're gonna stop the thirty five thirty five.
Speaker 4: I trust d Q for I trust us to be able to make the play. You said thirty eight, thirty thirty and thirty eight for US, thirty five for the lines.
Speaker 3: They're putting thirty five points on that quick thirty five.
Speaker 2: That's a shootout. That's a track meet. Man, this is a for real deal.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 2: Did y'all watch Gino Smith play against US? I did? Okay, did y'all watch? Like?
Speaker 4: I still trust the damn quick, But we're not gonna act like we've just been shutting guys out like all season. Yeah, I think the Lions can they're a good team. They can they can run the football. They got Saint Brown, they got two running backs, and they got Laporter out there.
Speaker 2: I mean port. I mean, if I'm being fair about yes, I think they're gonna score some points. Laporter Laporta is yeah. Yeah, it's cold, high scoring game.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: It's on Saturday. Is one of the one of them, like a weird day of the week. Y'all that? Leah? Yeah, just you want to change your mind to it? No, you're good, Okay, I wrote, I wrote this down for the show. We got one cover and three note covers. But everybody picking the.
Speaker 3: Thirty seven you know bad about this off tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: My sister turning forty baby, you know, yeah, great, you will celebrate with out time turning Forday, she turning for young de Simmer twenty nine.
Speaker 2: No, her birthday is on the thirty first, but she don't you know, people be busy. She knows.
Speaker 4: Wasn't nobody coming on the third? All right, Miss mccraid is thirty. Say are you happy?
Speaker 2: Birth Me?
Speaker 4: And Lebron Tiger all the great, all the great, all and all the NBA the greatest basketball player all the time.
Speaker 3: Hold day, Yeah, nobody else has ever won the tournament.
Speaker 2: Like we're not picking the night. Give me fla, give me fly flock.
Speaker 3: Revenge games, get him out of the roll time.
Speaker 5: You sa.
Speaker 4: You see the schedule release last night for SEC. It's gonna be some big time games next year. We got USC in September first in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, I'll probably be going to that game. I bet your sacrificing.
Speaker 4: Next year you get there's some big time games because there's no divisions this time in Texas and Oklahoma's in there, so you see Texas versus Georgia.
Speaker 2: All that's gonna be some. It's gonna be some big games. You can't sc media day, no do that.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be here.
Speaker 2: No, I'm good like that national channel have to be in. No media day. I'm gonna watch them and support.
Speaker 4: I pay my dues. I'm a lifetime due payer. They don't even they don't have to call me. It's just automatically they said my thank you gift every year. I'm I pay my dudes. Baby, don't care about the school you pay your You was a trust.
Speaker 3: I got to and down.
Speaker 4: You see that man, here go back. I stopped in my tracks. I right, Sorry, trusted scrunks.
Speaker 2: Showing the plant knew it. That is showing the plan hit it on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, brother, it's part of the reason when their lives was there there at the whole.
Speaker 2: That is proved down. But everybody who gave it, they had a vote, all them bags.
Speaker 3: You guys got the NFL. You should have, Danny McCrae l s U and should be.
Speaker 2: I've been paying my dude for a lifetime. This is doubt, all right, the whole lifetime. Baby. I'm good. I'm happy for you, bro, but no, I'm not going to me today. I don't care that much.
Speaker 4: Hey, we gotta statue outside the stadium, so I'm good man, let's go, Man, let's go.
Speaker 3: He you gonna pay your dues either.
Speaker 2: We went up making Man, it just show.
Speaker 4: And we gotta statue outside the stadium. It's all grave, man, I tell you what. He looks out the side. How you want to it's a statue. You don't pay dues in either school either one, but my wife does. Oh man, don't care about man. I was hoping I got to pass on that.
Speaker 2: But okay.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club