Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. This episode is episode two nineteen am I correct in saying that doesn't matter. Yeah, I really, We're so many, we have worth so many into this three seventy four. Yeah, episode two thousand and four and sixty eight. Listen Norah High Vibes podcast. I have to get a quick announcement out of the way. I'm an unfortunate, unfortunate, unfortunate circumstance where I have had to file a lawsuit against the people and entities that are involved with my surgery from October of twenty twenty. We all know how lawyers work, we all know how all that stuff is. If this thing goes to quart or whatever, they could use anything against me. But I want to take this opportunity on this podcast to let all of you know what's kind of going on in my life. Fans that have followed my career seeing those years before the ACL surgery and then obviously after the ACL surgery, kind of wondering, you know, what the hell's happening with Lwan and so Yes, it's a positive it's a positive podcast, but a lot of times there's a there's areas for vulnerability, and I really wanted to make sure that uh, I was able to share this with you guys, because for the last you know, since twenty twenty, this has been.
Speaker 1: It's sucked, it's been, it's been tough.
Speaker 2: But I would love I would love to sit here and vent and tell you for the next hour and a half, tough of a situation this has been. But the reality is I just can't right now. When I can, I will definitely share more when.
Speaker 1: I'm able to.
Speaker 2: But like I said, we all know how lawyers work to With that being said, let's talk about Chevy Sierado. Do you guys know that we're truck guys through and through and Chevy Silverado has been a partner with unstoppable grit and determination. It's been our most valuable truck that MVT and now the first ever all electric Silverado joins the franchise.
Speaker 1: We got a chance to see these things and experience it.
Speaker 2: Let me take you something real quick, boys, absolute game changer.
Speaker 1: Yes, get about the Midgate about them, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you about all the Midgate dude available. Foreigner mile range GM estimated on a full charge over ten feet of length in the bed with the Multiflex tailgate combined with the Multiflex Midgate. Multiflex Midgate we talked about it last time. It's that little piece. It's that piece that people don't only have this piece, it's a thirty piece that can open up. So if you're in the back, if you're in the cab of the truck and you want to get to the back, you want to do that shimmy or something that you might have been a red light, you can just shim me back there, dud, because that's what the Midgate's all about. Large seventeen inch diagonal display screen. It can tow up to ten thousand pounds of max towing zero to sixty and under four point five seconds with wow mode working title up to an impressive seven hundred and eighty five foot pounds of torque. Did we get a definition of torque?
Speaker 1: We gotta listen to last week's episode.
Speaker 3: In the definition for the definition because we don't have him memorized yet.
Speaker 2: We don't have it memorized yet. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. Obviously, boys in the Back here a handsome as ever, but there's a couple of new handsome faces. My boy Chris Brown in the blue hat backwards and his buddy Summers. Correct to my own Christ's saying, Summers, Chris Summers. Chris Summers, so too. Chris is double the handsome for the back of the bus. Absolutely outstanding.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: How do we feel being here on this bus? There's a microphone right there. How do we feel on camera too? Yeah, it's really official. Listen now For those who don't know, both these guys played hockey. You know how hockey players do interviews. Very dry, very just get to the point, not a whole lot of personality. This is not that that place. I know my boys went out last night. I had a little bit hair of that dog this morning. How're we feeling? Felt better? I think, oh no, this is my first time.
Speaker 4: If you guys didn't tell, I've felt better, but happy to be here. Thank you for the self invite that I invited myself to the bus. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: You're very welcome. Yeah, no, happy to be here. Yeah. I haven't seen you in a while though, that's been we talked about that. Yeah, it's been a minute. When's last time we did see each other? I hope it not your wedding?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, I was supposed to see you at a at a game you were supposed to play, then you got hurt.
Speaker 2: We're not We're not gonna talk about it. We already talked about that, talk about our high vibes.
Speaker 4: No, but yeah, I think that was the last time I saw you. Was it could have been your wedding, which is a shame, the damn sixty years ago, Chris, Well, do the math. Three hundred and sixty five days time six. I think it's been there. I think it's been a lot of days.
Speaker 1: Thank god. We don't do math in this podcast. No, we don't. We don't know what yet. Yeah, what about what was after? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I saw your bachelor party too, which was a year later. No what, I don't think so huh. Well I've been married for great question seven years? So be seven years July fifteenth. I've got him by, I got him by three months. Yeah, so you've got along to the doctor. It's been a long time, been a real long time. Yeah, all right, okay, you've you've dropped a lot of weight since then. Yeah, but yeah, you look good, thanks man, Well you look great, You look good, but you look great thank you.
Speaker 1: Is it the smile?
Speaker 4: Well, I would say so, but it's hard to tell now that somebody copied you with that smile.
Speaker 5: So I can see where this is going. Well, how are we doing? But how's life?
Speaker 6: I'm still digesting the announcement. Are you you so you're suing the doctor? Yeah, it did your knee?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the individuals involved in my knee and the entity. I'd be very specific. I need names and I'll take care of it.
Speaker 2: Well, there's the complaint has been filed, so anyone who wants to go see it can look it up and go find it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you later. You gotta cut that there. You gotta believe that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, dude doing I never thought in my life i'd be a guy that sued somebody.
Speaker 1: You know how badly. I want to ask you.
Speaker 2: About this, right, go ahead, ask me one question, Ask whatever you want.
Speaker 1: What do you think they did wrong? You know?
Speaker 2: I think, uh, we need to go in farther into this court case, this case before I can really talk any further about it. I don't think my lawyers would allow me to say at this time, what.
Speaker 1: Do you think about the doctors as a person?
Speaker 5: When I met him I loved him, what about now?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm My emotion towards him is one of those deals where it's just like I'm not angry, I'm just really really you know, I'm sad.
Speaker 1: Sad. Yeah, could you say you're disappointed? Yeah? Yeah, I am disappointed.
Speaker 5: Wait maybe Thursday, Maybe Thursday, you know what, This Thursday, I'll answer more questions you.
Speaker 1: Like, I know you wanted me to, like see if I could p r you a little bit. You just handle me a little bit. And I was like, okay, well questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw a little brain work in your mouth. Got wheel open. Thanks ever vision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a wild deal.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it all gets just figured out and it's all done and I can I can speak about it more because I like people to know what's going on in my career.
Speaker 1: I love it there it is, Well, what else is going on? Boys? We had the draft?
Speaker 2: Happened, aft happened. Now we got a couple of Titans fans in here. I'd like to hear from Garrett and Jack how they feel the Tennessee Titans did in this draft.
Speaker 7: I got a question first, and Jack, can we also pull up?
Speaker 1: Is it the.
Speaker 6: Dot technical difficulties? Maybe it's time after the adversity you work with on the bus. Time time, after three four years, we can get a better fucking monitor than this one.
Speaker 7: Maybe my question was gonna be what was it like watching the draft not being a part of a team the first year.
Speaker 6: That's a good question, not even about the titansies. Yeah, flipped it.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, there was so much going on at barstool that I was wearing so many hats that I chose to wear like I wasn't really even supposed to do anything. And then I decided halfway through I was going to sit next to Frank and feed them hot dogs after every single noise.
Speaker 1: I packed all my game jerseys from all the teams I've been on. My Hey, I got this a.
Speaker 5: Little so I had to run run behind the set, put a jersey on.
Speaker 1: Run back. Dude.
Speaker 2: Here's how I here's how I feel about that first round pick, Peter Scarronsky. I think think this is his time. I think I hope to god he has three times the career I did. I really do, because like my relationship with the Titians is outstanding. Obviously I got cut, but like the best thing to do when you enter relationship is leave it better than the way you found it. And I was able to do that. The last couple of years didn't go the way I wanted to individually, but at the same time, I like truly want the best for that franchise, and I hope, I hope he's the answer at left tackle. I mean he might play guard, he might play tackle. Who knows where he's gonna go, but I know he's walking those sevens. He DMed me and asked me for permission to wear the sevens. But to go back to your question, Yeah, it was really cool. I thought to myself, brother, you and got to ask me for nothing. I go take what's yours. You need to get him on the bus, yeah, yeah, I talked to He's represented by Pat Collins. Yeah, him and Will Levis are both represented. Yeah, so we I thought we could have them both on the same We need to get the boys them. Yeah, I get them on the bus. But I'm extremely excited and happy for him as far as I my emotion during it, and when that eleven pick did happen, it was like.
Speaker 1: I I wasn't sad.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like a tip, like a tip of the cap like, I'm this is the end of that chapter, and I'm I'm just I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish her.
Speaker 1: Kind of a weird coincidence too, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Eleventh overall pick, seventy seven tackle left tackle. It's a it's a it's a cool contrast. And I hope that. You know, for thirty years, there's been three left tackles for the for the Titans and part of the Houston Oilers. So for me, it's like, I hope that continues. So in forty years, It's like, man, they've had four tackles in forty years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's almost like, uh, the Green bit backers, Brett Farven, Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. I mean, much more valuable positions. Yeah, right, without the Super Bowls, but yeah, yeah that's true. I can you need to go to Chris if you got something going on today, got too much attention on me or something like that. But it was cool, man, and I was I was very happy. I wanted them to get him him or Paris Johnson Junior. Other two picks I wanted. Got to be fired up for the boy. Paris Johnson six overall player and dude, just give me a Cardinals mclap. Let's give him clap, shout out the Cardinals at three, trading back, letting whatever happened happened, then trading back up to get their guy.
Speaker 1: They played some chess them along with the Houston Texans before we move on to the Texans too.
Speaker 6: Like Paris, we were all in a group chat and Paris was saying like he wants to go three. Overall, we didn't know how healthy that was, of like a guess, but he seemed to want to go to Arizona and probably when they traded out, they traded back and then back up to six, and when they got him, you could see that emotion in the uh in the green room. That he had to do was fire the fuck up that he went to the team that he was sort of guessing, like where I'm probably gonna go.
Speaker 1: He did say Cardinals at three, it was Cardinals at six. It's all good. Yeah, that's awesome, dude. And he he's just a sweet boy. He is. He's just a sweet sweep boy.
Speaker 2: Meeting him, being around him. He came to the live show when we're in Columbus. The guy is he's just a good fucking dude. He'll randomly hit me and Will up and just be like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Boys? Did he randomly did he do what we asked?
Speaker 5: Did he did we find out if he said he shouted us out.
Speaker 1: On that interview right after the stage, right after the podium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think no, I don't know about that. It was so hard to tell because the barstools were.
Speaker 1: On the barsool thing. There was no volume.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now we're talking about uh, Houston fucking murdered.
Speaker 1: The draft?
Speaker 2: Did Draft Day? They did the movie Draft Day? Incredible? Yeah, Will Anderson Junior, c J. Stroud, not in that order, c J. Stroud at two. You know, it messed up a lot of things.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of teams were Iron Titans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we both thought when those rumors started happening a couple hours before, because when they picked c J. Stroud you like Taylor, it looked at me like I had something to do with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was over there with hot dogs in hand. Yeah, just trying to feed Frank the tank, just trying to feed his ass.
Speaker 1: But yeah, dude, fuck and you always.
Speaker 2: Want a little bit of chaos during the draft, Like that's what we tune in for, and like, because the Texans aren't my team, it was cool to see. It was cool to fucking watch them pick at two and you're like, all right, they got the quarterback, what's gonna happen next?
Speaker 6: And all of a sudden they do it again. They were nowhere near That was not rumored whatsoever. I think that one came out of left field. They really got They got it trading up to three. Everybody was talking about that three spot, like, who's going to trade up? Cardinals are willing to deal? Willing to deal the number three overall pick, and uh, you need some water?
Speaker 1: Bum I do?
Speaker 5: I got that thing and I found out the reason why I got sick? Will do you want to tell him why I got sick? Oh?
Speaker 6: But yeah, that Cardinals pick was up in the air. They were open about it. And then everybody's kind of wondering who's going to jump up to three. I was hoping that the Tidans would jump up to three c J. Stroud or Anthony Richardson because I didn't think Houston was going to take c J.
Speaker 1: Stroud. When Houston took c J.
Speaker 6: Stroud at number two, I was like, oh fuck, I didn't see this coming at all, right, because I thought he's wrapped by the same agent as Deshaun Watson. And I was out there saying like, there ain't no way that that Texas are gonna deal with c. J. Stroud when they have that close relationship with Deshaun Watson. Yeah, and then when they picked him at two, I was like, Fuck, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure a lot of teams thoughts Stroud might be there at three. I wonder what teams now are out being like, Hey, how are we gonna pivot here? And then seeing the Cardinals trade back for Houston trade up, it'say, what the fuck is happening? They take Will Anderson Junior, which has gotta fire coach, head coach a Deaniko ryans up because when you're a head coach and a new head coach, it's not like you're sitting here thinking like, oh, we need that first overall quarterback. You're in a fucking defensive guy. You want that defensive side, that defensive guy, that cornerstone, that corner piece, because the chances that Denico Ryan's gonna sit there and coach he's a Stroud isn't high, so he's excited about it. I want to build whatever my reputation is gonna be around a defensive player. So they get Stroud and then they get Will Anderson Junior, the best defensive player in the draft. Like, hats off to the Houston Texas. Then Cardinals trade back. Who picks a three Texans?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, the Colts.
Speaker 6: So the Colts in the AFC South, they get a quarterback, Anthony Richardson. Now, if these boys pan out, there's gonna be nothing but killers in the FC South. Got Justin Lawrence, you got C. J. Stroud and Anthony Richardson. Are my question too there in there? Yeah, at this moment in time, my question the Titans faithful is what was everybody thinking at that moment?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Trevor Lawrence. I hate that. I have to correct. Yeah, I heard that too, and I didn't know what you know, I'm stupid. We know him stupid.
Speaker 5: We're not stupid, dude, You just you just get miscombobulated. Sometimes you're not dumb. Well, don't talk to yourself like that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Positive vibe, Yeah, keep the positive vibes. What were you guys thinking?
Speaker 7: Well, I got I got another kind of question, and it was My thought is if the Titan after seeing strougo two and then the Titans don't go to three, does that mean that the Titans were not even interested in Anthony Richardson?
Speaker 2: But you listen to this here, here's where I think, and this is me just playing GM. Texans picked two, Houston picked three. They probably was a debate going back and forth. You only got ten minutes situation for that, and the Texans had more drafting. What's that which is all correct? Right, it's all facts. You're right, that's facts. That's not being redundant match, that's fucking using my words correctly. There was probably there was probably some sort of back and forth of who's gonna do what?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And then Houston Texans had more draft capital than the Titans, so they end up winning that battle. Now there's four to get Anthony Richardson. Four is the ind Andaupolis Colts. The Colts are not going to trade a high draft pick to somebody that's in their division. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: On three for the three spot, is that, like, was there hesitation now that the Titans didn't go to three because Stroud was gone.
Speaker 1: Like, that's kind of my question.
Speaker 2: I think that goes back to what I said about draft capital. I think the Cardinal I'm maybe they tried. Let's say they both went in and the Titans called like, hey, let us get up there in the Houston and Houston called like, Houston's gonna win that battle because they have more ammo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Arizona just didn't call back. Yeah, well yeah, we'll get right back.
Speaker 2: Called Houston said yep, you got You've absolutely got it, and then treated back up to sixth. Dude, what a fucking deal. Seattle playing his day, just fucking David.
Speaker 6: But I love that that Devon Witherspoon pit, that Devin Witherspoon pick. That's the dude that plays fucking physical as a corner.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's crazy that Illinois has these players. It's definitely they always have, like a first round draft.
Speaker 1: But they always have something somewhere. When we were in.
Speaker 2: College, it was like they had who's the guy that fucking put me in a blender for Houston? Huh oh, you're talking about you're talking Whitney merciless.
Speaker 1: Whitney merciless.
Speaker 2: There was like a Buchanan guy that went to the Patriots, also first round draft pick. They had a d tackle that went first round. This is all like when we were in college. Out there, Dustin dude, Illinois, Like, why can't they get their ship together?
Speaker 1: Right? They can't.
Speaker 7: Always had a little running back too weirdly had like a decent running back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they can't win games? How many games did Illinois win last year?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 6: Well enough? I think they were. They were a tough team. Now we were right in Illinois, like bet the bus, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 6: Did they Did they fire their head coach? No, he's a staple. Yeah, it's a Bilma. He's building that culture off the run game and defense and Witherspoon. He will knock your dick in the dirt. He is the light. He is the type of corner that you won on your team. I think he's I think he's a stud. But look, boys were eight and five. We talk about now annoyers out there moving, They're making moves. They almost run the Beay ten championship. Scroll down a little bit. There they are Nebraska. Come on, disrespect my boys. You know we got a new there they are three and you know we got a new regime right now.
Speaker 5: New regime and a whole lot of room for improvement.
Speaker 6: Which we are improving. You saw Casey Thompson. He's not winning the job coming out of the spring game or coming out of spring ball. He's transferring, he answered the transfer portal. Casey Thompson did that the kid we interviewed. Yeah, yeah, he's transferred again. Yeah, because he's not gonna win the job. Uh that that QB that transferred to dude, that quarterback that transferred up from Georgia Tech. Apparently he's playing some good ball out there from Georgia Tech.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's a beast. Yeah, he's playing He's a beast like that, apparently playing some good ball.
Speaker 6: So he coach Coach Rule had a conversation with Casey was you know, he just had to have like a heart to heart about what the opportunity is going to look like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are Casey's opportunities are going to look like? You transferred because he did. He didn't win a job, right, so he left. Uh yeah, they were going to compete in fall camp. I want to say Casey was, uh was uh where he was before Nebraska Texas Texas? Right, and he was he did not sniff the starting role there.
Speaker 6: Well, he sniffed it, but he got he lost out on the job going into that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was the the middle of the year, right, He was the dude until halftime of the Oklahoma game. And then that's when Caleb Williams became Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: That's right? Is that right? And then he leaves, no, that's not right william Us Oklahoma. Yeah's glome.
Speaker 6: You're talking about Spencer Rattler. I know what you're talking about. He got hurt right right right?
Speaker 2: You at Nebraska and then you don't you want to get in the transfer portal. I'm not saying anything against Nebraska. That's a second transfer, Like, where's he gonna go next?
Speaker 6: I think what sucks for him to play you, to play Devil's advocate. I think what sucks for him is I think he was recovering from a shoulder injury. You get a whole new coaching staff that comes in. They got their guy and who's a Justin Simms who came up from Georgia Tech.
Speaker 1: Apparently he's a little bit of a baller.
Speaker 6: So coach I did just let him know, like, hey, it's gonna be a competition, and Casey probably just didn't like hearing that it was gonna be competitive and he was gonna start off as number two. They probably just jumped in that portal because you got one more year to make it shake, brother, make.
Speaker 1: Shake, make make it shake.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Shout out, shoutout Illinois dude for really bringing it in, bringing it home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bring up that draft, bring up that first round again. Hey, but the boys, how do we feel about Will Levis? Let's ask the This is where you guys need to answer. We need the Titans fans. Jack McPherson, Garrett Hargus, now something think about Jack with Fierson. Dude, his his twitter got hacked after the eleventh overall pick. Bro to the Tesse Titians, he said, thank god it wasn't Will Levis. You didn't say that, No, it was.
Speaker 5: The first round.
Speaker 10: Someone got access to my twitter there between the lot of Will Elevis slander, I don't know who it is to day, but yeah, you know, I'm kind of indifferent on the situation. We'll just kind of have to see what is I think there's promise in him, but I've got a few friends online. I'm not gonna say their names specifically, but they're like hell bent that he's gonna be winning US championships, and look, I want us to win championships. But I'm also gonna be realistic, like Will Levis is most likely not gonna be that guy, and if he is, I will retract my statement, eat my words, and shake his hand because I hope that he's gonna be the guy for us. But now we have three fucking quarterbacks on our roster. We're spending thirty million plus with no guarantees on any of them. We drafted another running back. I'm like very up in arms a little bit about our draft. I love Can I think he's gonna be a great pick for us. I wanted Paris. Obviously he fell sooner. His draft stock was way too high to drop to eleven. But I'm I just feel like we're filling gaps where we didn't need to fill them, and like we need to. We need to figure out these problems that we have that are existent in terms of our starting quarterbacks. Where we're gonna go in terms of our running backs, if Derek's gonna still be there, we got to fill out our line. Skorronski's obviously a great start. But again, I'm not I'm not a draft like analyst. Guys, so is will LEVI is this.
Speaker 1: I do love this conversation. Speaking as a fan, that's beautiful. This speak your truth, Jack.
Speaker 5: I think I'm a lot more happy though, Just.
Speaker 2: Can I interrupt the only thing? Hey, I'm so glad you went in that because he was on rapping. Well, I want him to continue to I want him to continue to talk. But you're like, you know, we got these problems at running back number one. I think they took a kid third round. Yeah, from it seems to be a beast. They're gonna have Derek, So let's just say running back is fine.
Speaker 1: O line. Yeah, they have holes.
Speaker 6: I think they did a good job addressing it by drafting Peter Scronsky, who seems like a stud out of Northwestern Taylor, Like Taylor, that's your face, that was your favorite tackle going.
Speaker 1: He's the most well rounded offensive line in.
Speaker 6: A lot of people are saying like this is this is gonna be a guy that coaches love to have because as far as technique, knowing how to do it and all that shit, he's very polished. All he needs to do is learn the playbook. He's gonna hit the ground running. Seems like a good pick. Seems like he's gonna pick up the playbook being in Northwestern guy now. But then you you make it seem like they address those problems. Are you talking about on the outside steal position?
Speaker 10: No, I just said I love the Skronsky pick. I was really hoping we were gonna take some kind of lineman. I did not want some like big time player CJ. Stroud first pick. We have so many holes in our offensive line right now that we have to address that, and I'm I love that. I wish we could have gotten Paris just from a personal tie, but I think Scarrotsky could be the long term.
Speaker 1: What don't you like about Levis?
Speaker 5: Everything? Dude?
Speaker 1: He was you know, he's gonna be on the bus soon.
Speaker 10: This will be yeah, I know, and I have nothing against him. Was like, look, he was SEC East guy. We played him against Tennessee. We absolutely donkeyed them. Will Levis is like he was a He was a pretty decent quarterback for the SEC. But like, nothing crazy. I just feel like this's like a lot of outspoken things. He says and like there's like weird, there's like, yeah, I don't mayo and coffee.
Speaker 5: Obviously that's way like that shouldn't be a thing.
Speaker 10: But I'm not like, I'm not gonna be like he puts mayo on his coffee, like, no, you'll never play in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 10: But at if we taken him in the first round, I would have been devastated because the draft stock way too low to be going first round, second round. I guess the trade up's still not sure if we made the right decision.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm not an analyst.
Speaker 10: I'm just gonna sit back and let time tell if this was a good pick. And again, I'm a Titans fan, so I hope that Will Levis pans out to be a long term guy for us. I don't know if you will, but I hope he comes on the bus and we can talk it over and he can change my mind on him as a person. But as of right now, I love Scarnsky and that's kind of where I stand.
Speaker 1: I got a U Okay, good question. I fucking love Jack. Did Jack's out there?
Speaker 5: And person, I see where you're coming from.
Speaker 7: Do you feel a little bit that it was kind of karmado. No, no hold on, Well, that kind of answers for the whole state of Tennessee being Titans and Balls fans that they now have to root for like somebody that they didn't like.
Speaker 1: I just fair question, fair question. Question. Question is if they would have took Hooker.
Speaker 10: No, I I I would prefer Will Levis over Hooker. He seems like a more go ahead. I said this on Twitter, and this this isn't a like I. I just don't know if I would have taken a quarterback too when we have a lot of other issues at hand. So I hope he pans out. And no, I don't think it's it's karma. I do think it's hilarious that in the first round everyone's like, fuck, yeah, we evaded Will Levis, and then second round second.
Speaker 2: Rate up immediately straight up, and we see now there were a lot of rumors that the Titans, along with other teams, were fiercely trying to trade up into the late first round to take Will Levis. Really yes, because everybody wants that fifth year option on a quarterback, sure, and so you're taking him at thirty three as opposed to thirty two.
Speaker 1: Or twenty nine or something like that.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of there's a lot of gift there because because it gives him time to develop, you don't have to pay on those big bucks and put people around him. So how mad would you be if the Titans rate it into the first round.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing heat like you know, hyperpotheticals.
Speaker 1: Yeah you road my fucking bad.
Speaker 5: It was the podcast not talking, but yeah, I fucked that ship.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Never mind, I don't do hypothetical.
Speaker 10: I do hope that Will Loves comes on the bus room because he seems like a guy that people are gonna want to hear about, and I do too. I want to hear what he has to see. You want to change your mind on him as a person?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that a person. You see him get hype when he got announced that.
Speaker 5: He was with the family.
Speaker 10: He Yeah, it seems like he's got a lot of heart, and so I hope he does well again. I'm not gonna say anything else like after today about it until we see him play and we just have like what are we gonna do with my leak? Like Night Night the Dog. I'm sorry, but you're gone. We we can't have three of these QBS on the roster.
Speaker 1: Like, right, you can, right, but you but you don't.
Speaker 6: You don't want to dress three if you don't have to eat, and I don't think we will.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Usually you don't.
Speaker 5: Those are the new rules of dressing people. Yeah, probably what I'm saying. Yeah, usually you don't. Yeah, dude, I think he was the third on pick. He seems like a project.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of headlines and stories out there on that the Titans are kind of giving up on him. Don't know how true that is. I see the headlines after everybody else, and I do not read the articles.
Speaker 1: I just like to assume right, right, right right.
Speaker 6: But you know, it's like it's the fucking game, dude. I'm sure he was sitting there hoping that the Titans don't take a quarterback. Being in that spot, you hope they don't fucking draft your position. Seems like on the draft board it was working out for the Titans. They wanted to move up and get Will Levis because they saw something in him that they like, and he gets picked. It's like you see the fucking ticker, You're like, son of a bitch, But you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what happens. It's up to him. It's up to him, truly up to him. Like it's up to him what happens. Because if there's no if there's no dead cap for Ryan Tannehill and they don't owe him any any money. Literally, the Titans hope that Will Levis is good enough to cut Ryan Tannehill correct that they hope that's.
Speaker 6: The business zooming out. You hope that Levis or Maleik either one again, they're gonna be competing for the backup job. It's Ryan Tannel's job this year. Yes, they're gonna be competing for the backup job. And you hope that one of those guys show you that, all right, we'll be able to move on with one of these quarterbacks. It's not like they're crowning Will Levis as the successor of Ryan Tannehill. They see something in him that they can help the football team, like right now or in in the future. That's why they drafted him. They also thought the same thing with Maliku last year. They're not saying that they don't not believe in him anymore. That's why they drafted Will Levis. But now you've got two young quarterbacks who can compete for that job and hoping that they can overtake Ryan next year so that way they can cut him and relieve themselves of cap space.
Speaker 1: That's like the fucking business. I think he's like the last year on Ryan's on contract, right it is.
Speaker 6: They're not even anymore, no matter what. Yeah, exactly, you hope you want to move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you hope to god that as if you're the Titans organization that Will Levis shows enough improvement. Maybe, depending on where you are from a record standpoint, later in the season, you take Tannehill out, you put him in getting that experience, because if he's gonna be your guy, you need to know right away, right depending on where the Titans are at, like, might draft another one.
Speaker 6: If they're winning and they're fucking leading to the vision and all that, Yeah, they might draft the dude.
Speaker 2: If the Titans do not do well, let's say they have a top ten pick, they might have to draft. Depending on Will Levis, they might have to draft another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never know. You never know, and then you're hoping.
Speaker 6: You're hoping one of them do does spand out though, because they're on their rookie deal. You want to take advantage of building around your future quarterback when they're on a rookie deal, not some break the bank second contract.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, I do really like interesting.
Speaker 10: I like the running back Spears apparently he's a feisty dude.
Speaker 5: And I really like the tight end pick.
Speaker 10: So Garrett really wanted Michael mahor you go on Garrett's Twitter is Michael Marhr's stand account?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that bro.
Speaker 5: But Michael Meher going to the Raiders that that should be funny.
Speaker 1: Well, sorry for the boys of Silver and Black because they.
Speaker 10: Got they got a lot of spots to fill for tight End right now.
Speaker 2: He's got that hgh head too. He's got a big Michael Merhor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got that. Johnny should be on that dude. He's a brandy guy. Exactly. He did.
Speaker 6: I'm sure he was up there on their board, you know what I mean. Yeah, like Michael Mayer was up there probably on everybody's board. I'm fired up that the Silver and Black got him because they lost Darreon Waller and now they got Michael Mayer, who I think is gonna hit the gound running because he just seems like that kind of dude.
Speaker 2: And Foster going back to uh, Taj Spears. Did you see all the reports coming on by his knees. Yeah, he got he's got some shaking ees apparently now I got that shake, you got that shake you and all this stuff. Apparently at the combine he almost didn't pass physicals or didn't pass physical as one of the two.
Speaker 1: This is allegedly. I don't you know. I'm like you.
Speaker 2: I saw the tweet and I happen to make it through a one hundred and forty four characters. One hundred and forty characters. But that's all I fucking saw, dude, is it here?
Speaker 6: I'm just game changing running back who's also effective at catching the ball. That's just something that we need to have effective catching the ball in the backfield.
Speaker 1: Does that mean Hilliard's going to be able to handle a lot of carries at the next level?
Speaker 6: Gone, I'm telling you, like you, it's not like every rookie is expected to they are expected to contribute in some way.
Speaker 2: Dude, Hilliard is a core four guy. He could easily go step in on kickoff, kick off return, punt, punt return, all that.
Speaker 6: Nature of the business. Yeah, that running back was there on their board and when they wanted to have it mixed running backs now, yeah, they got a lot of running backs.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest thing people are mad about is not taking the wide receiver.
Speaker 7: See I think I think the tight end pick will act as that missing receiving piece.
Speaker 1: Is his name?
Speaker 11: Why is a while he has little little Delaney? I agree, But he's a beast. This guy's This guy's as tall as you like. Apparently high ball guy. That's why I was confused. If you're gonna take a tight end later, why wouldn't you have taken Michael Mayer? But maybe it's because of his skill set.
Speaker 2: Look that seemed like Omayer is a pass catching tight end right whoa you hear that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Did they get in the whoops? He also likes to put He also liked to put people in the dirt too. That's why you kind of love the attitude of Michael Mahyer. But this dude is a Josh Wile. You know, Rave's probably fired up. He comes out of Cincinnati coach Fickle coaching forever. Rave's and Fickler they're like best men at each other's wedding, So I'm sure they did all the due diligence to be like, oh.
Speaker 1: This is our fucking guy in the fifth round.
Speaker 2: One thing to put a note on, the Titans draft their picks more white guys than they probably need, almost like three to two all offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't like seeing that bright you know, you don't like seeing that brightness off.
Speaker 2: When it comes up on the profile. All hard working and gritty, tough, smart guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now, you know, if it's on the old line, you can that's where they belong. But you get on the outside, you know, you like to see a little they belong the white guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about Kyle Phillips another big heads.
Speaker 6: There's the anomalies out there, you know what I mean, there's anomalies out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And speaking of anomalies, there's a white dB in the LA.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a white.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the cloud. We shouldn't have cloud. I did not like the way that felt. We gotta be fucking proud.
Speaker 5: We're missing the diversity white guys celebrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is an anomaly, dude. And I'm pretty sure he's got a mustache too, animullet, is he not?
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna move to safety soon.
Speaker 6: And we didn't track he's got to you gotta white cornerback out of you know where else?
Speaker 1: Iowa?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Iowa and Nebraska have weight in Wisconsin.
Speaker 5: Let me see a pick of this dude, third round.
Speaker 6: All eyes are gonna be on him, dude during the offseason with with all of us, with the dB room and everybody else, Like, look at his white boy.
Speaker 1: Out here balling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, dude, this one article about I guess Troy app Key was the only other white cornerback this how is titled is Troy Afkey broke the NFL's eight year run without a white quarterback.
Speaker 1: Four four five? But can move now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, only a tenth of a second faster than Will thirty nine.
Speaker 1: He's a tenth a second. True, that's true. Christ. For those of you guys who don't know, Will says you're in four or five.
Speaker 6: His prod strengths and weaknesses. It would be so funny if weaknesses was just white. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a cornerback late cornerback, Yeah that's fucking crazy. But yeah. The draft was a It was a unique perspective this year, especially because we were in New York. Will did a phenomenal job. I thought his work count was very low. The entire time. However, when he spoke, he had some good ship to say and his outfit was incredible.
Speaker 6: Lower, I appreciate that, lower than normal on the word count. I felt like being on the outside of that little of the four seats was a little difficult because Brandon and Roan had a really good report. Roan shout out the boy, Brandon hosting the whole thing, but Roan coming in with some with some feedback and words like the dude his brain. He's a freestyle fucking rapper that happens. Also loved sports, so I felt like he gave a lot of good intellect and added a lot of value to that. Then I had Shay next to me, and I felt like Jay was a little he was a little suppressed, and I think Caleb Presley came out of the gate early swinging on him and kind of hurt his confidence a little bit because cal had some weird energy coming on them.
Speaker 4: On the.
Speaker 2: Well, he was his body. He was like Stevie, you a lot of bullets. He caught a lot of bullets in the beginning. Also, Bigcat apparently plays a prank on him every single year, but this year, yeah, this year the prank was not pulling a prank and just telling you, hey, good luck, You're gonna do great. And so I could feel that after the first five picks, I was like, oh, Stephen, she is mentally fighting the battle the shots.
Speaker 6: I thought he did well, and dude, you earned Frank's a little rippoort your guys, a little dynamic duo throughout was a fun time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember wh I gave him a hug when he first came in the building. I looked at my my jacket and there was a nice little rememberance package he gave me of oil.
Speaker 1: I was not, dude, I fucking love Frank.
Speaker 2: Dude, he's yelling, just mad about the Mets, and all of a sudden, you the Dolphins call you. Yeah. The hug was nice, dude, the hug and the thing is too. I just pull my arms out and let him come in. His like feet kind of just shuffled over and just gently got placed into my right pack.
Speaker 1: It was nice.
Speaker 6: He kind of walks like a South Park character. Yeah, he kind of like he does.
Speaker 3: Hey, we can't we can't sleep on wiel breaking the v Jhon Robinson news.
Speaker 13: Yeah, fucking man dog when that was evident, make us do that, brother well, Coach Smith, I was like early in the day, I was like, Hey, I'm gonna be on the Death to Night for the Barseol Draft show, like would love the inside, would love the inside track whenever you know who you're getting.
Speaker 1: He's like, I got y'all, let you break it.
Speaker 6: And when the pick was coming up, I shot in the eyes, was like, how you feeling? And then all he shot me was a gift of Matthew McConaughey just hitting the chest. But to me, I thought he was just saying, like, the barbs are up, We're about to have it figured it out. I'm gonna have this pic to you in a second, not knowing that he met Matthew McConaughey, there's your tip, Texas, Longharrens Bjeon Robinson. So then there's a group chat. Taylor hits it and say hey, who's it gonna be, and then I shoot the eyes. I'm like, Okay, maybe he's gonna tell us in this chat. He's like I told Will, but I guess he didn't want to break it, and I'm thinking, what the fuck is he talking about it?
Speaker 2: And tell me that's on art, dude, He's got to understand that sometimes sometimes you don't see that shit.
Speaker 1: I trying to come at you, but sometimes.
Speaker 6: You don't pick up those pieces. I'm working the phone though, I'm thinking myself, I'm working the phone.
Speaker 2: So funny watching everybody up bar still fucking just on their phones trying to get the next pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sitting here thinking it too. I'm just like everybody.
Speaker 6: I knew these boys are doing a great job filling space right now, just talking conversation. I'm gonna get at this pick, not knowing that Stephen Cha had already said like, oh uh uh, Falcons are going Bjeon Robinson. And then I put my phone down. My boys got breaking news. Falcons are getting Bjeon Robinson. And then Brandon Walker. You guys, you can run the clip, but Brandon Walker is just like, where in the fuck have you been in? And then I just kind of like, that's on me. We make clips here.
Speaker 1: Me and Branda Walker will fight at some point in this life. I will say I thought he was trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: He was, but I made the conscious decision to not figure it out that yet. Yeah, I did not want to figure our shit out that day dude. I had a tough one too. I got the news that will Levis was being taken by the Titans early, so I tweeted it out, Will Levis the Titans, I said it first, refresh it, and who's the fucking ari guy that's always breaking the news fastest on Twitter, Alri Mirov. I refreshed it and it was like my tweet right like above his tweet, like they're like fifteen twenty seconds off.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker.
Speaker 6: That is the tip you got though, So you knew the Titans were on the inside track with will Levis, but when it didn't happen, you're like, okay, maybe that No, he didn't did we even text Rabel Frame never texted me. Yeah, he didn't text us back. He didn't text me back, I know the day before whenever he was body bagging me for saying like whenever I commented on the Malik Willis like, uh, they weren't gonna do anything in the playoffs the Titans rape text me and goes, you don't know what mean, you haven't had in common last year, And I was like what, he goes, neither of us were going to do anything in the playoffs, Like God, damn it, dude, body, and I was like, hey, I'm on the desk some off for the barseol Draft show.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, you know, I need you to make a splash play. And then he just didn't TAXI bag. That's tough when he doesn't text me. It's always on Rabel's terms whether or not you're gonna be friends that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I text him the other day for that June twenty seventh event and I was like, I want you using the national anthem, and he goes, I got Morgan Walling for you. Obviously he's kidding, but I told him. I was like, I'd much rather have you than Morgan Wall. Like, I literally lent the Olive breach. Was like, hey you should come by though. Good group of dudes coming nothing nothing, he's in it. Yeah, and I obviously said he was overweight on part of my Take podcast. So that's really gonna puts down a couple more notches. Yeah, especially listen to it if if Rabel is on that ship. Yeah, but you think he's gonna listen to the full full hour or whatever, but you know part of what they're gonna clip that I know if they clip and that's where you that's what you gotta worry about. Yeah, they clip it and tag brave. I kind of hope they do clip it.
Speaker 6: Maybe it'll help you remember when you were going through that and then you're like looking over my house.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you're looking at me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, trying to get some fucking help from your brother. That's what I was doing about. I tell you what.
Speaker 2: I saved Corey Levin's career. Yeah, and he looks like a muffein. I might have done the same for rabel Is. Saved him from heart failure, failure, yeah, or invest disease if he keeps fucking going. Yeah, you don't know. It's incremental things, right.
Speaker 6: I feel like he works his tail off. I just think genetically it's caught up to him. Grab No, I don't think so. I think it's a diet thing for him. You know, gravity They kind of take your tists and you can start sagging a little bit. I feel like I don't think he's you know what he does. He does a great job with the vest layering, up layering. It starts and where it finishes. Though it's always fall for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is always fall. Maybe like ninety five degrees in July. I'll know it's always fall for we will see this. Yeah, and if he does, in general, definitely show him should hit a black I would love.
Speaker 6: To hit a Black Tux. I think as matter of fact, JP, he hit the Black Tucks over the weekend. Not to get all parental.
Speaker 2: All, let's start here on Black Tucks plus with the boys out age.
Speaker 6: And we had to talk. You know, the one about that three letter ward that ends an X. You probably experienced it a few times in your life, Not that one. I'm talking about a tux. Tux and when you need a tux, the the best place to get one is the Black Tucks. They make it super easy to get an on trend, top quality, guaranteed to fit Tucks without ever leaving your house.
Speaker 1: Here's how it works.
Speaker 6: Take the Black Tucks fit quiz, pick the salue on a rock, and boom, your tux is delivered to your door ten days before the day you need it. There's plenty of time to try it on and make sure it wears well.
Speaker 1: JP.
Speaker 3: Can you comment, is that how this process works? That is how the process works. And if something doesn't fit you right, you can send it back within the three days and they'll get it back to you within twenty four hours of you sending it to them, and something slept on two after you have to the ghost like ship it back, they send you an email they're like, hey, if you do, if you are interested in purchasing it, you can just keep it, which is a smart sales move by them. That is you've already seen how it looks, and it's just like this would be easy, and if you.
Speaker 6: Do like to do it in person, not at home. They have showrooms across the country. They're expert fit specialists will help you find the perfect style tucks or suit and make sure if it's just right.
Speaker 1: Rent or buy.
Speaker 6: The Black Tucks is the best place to go when you need a tuxedo for a wedding or a special night.
Speaker 1: And right now the.
Speaker 6: Boys got you. You're gonna save twenty dollars off your order. That's th E B L A c K e u X dot com slash busting, the Black Tucks dot Com slash busting used code busting save twenty dollars. That is the Black Tucks dot com slash busting code busting. Now we're back. We're back boys. A little rockets start JP. I think that's what people need to hear. They need to hear about somebody on the streets who's done this. Unfortunately, over the weekend, you did have a wedding where you were supporting and.
Speaker 2: You look fantastic too. I saw the suspenders move. That's a fucking move at weddings. Dude, you put the suspenders on, You're living the dream.
Speaker 1: I had to dress on. Also, that photo as well will be leaking soon. Yeah, how'd that go? It went well? Did? He was shocked.
Speaker 3: He's a very like masculine, testosterone filled guy. I was kind of prepared for him to like either push me or punch me. Oh, but he turned around. He kind of he reconsidered marrying his wife, and he's like, hey, man.
Speaker 1: Hey, were you got it like that? You got them curves? You see me show everybody else you.
Speaker 5: Got feminine curves?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my butt did.
Speaker 2: The only cheeks actually on this bus or Wills? It was so hard not to say, yeah, Will's got them cheeks on him.
Speaker 6: Let's say let's not say I haven't noticed, I've noticed you got some. You got a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of crazy because I was absolutely casting a long ass web, big ass web trying to get compliments from you.
Speaker 1: Oh what you see you? You know? Well, yeah, but you were looking for the compliment.
Speaker 6: I would rather do it in a setting like now, and then you get a little bit more excited versus like, hey, what do you think about my You like Taylor's like, hey, so what have you been thinking about my ass?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I oh you got you got all them zins in your back pocket. You're gonna have to move it.
Speaker 6: It's kind of taken out from that elevation on that bottom, that bottom row.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. That lift.
Speaker 5: We all love to see surgery. Dude, that does it to you.
Speaker 2: The best element I've gotten was in South Carolina from Mitch unsolicited at the bar, just waiting to grab a drink, and Mitch came up behind me and was like, hey, I'd.
Speaker 1: Give that thing a ride. That was good, brother. I thought, oh fuck, yeah, dude, thank you. Got when you see it, you gotta get you gotta give a flowers. Yeah, that's right. The normalized dudes hyping dudes. Yeah, hell yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Man. We're forty four minutes into this piece. Should we do a little shout out of the week.
Speaker 1: I would love to do we have anything else? Is there anything else out here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because we love to save shout I know, free shoutout for just a little bit of fun. And then we kind of transition into the interview, which a big interview by the way, big interview, super cross interview height. Yeah, we can recap supercross, dude, Mitch, I think you're the best person to start with this. Actually, El sir, hang on, I'll preface to you starting it. The boys diving into the supercross world, all Mitch, All Taylor, you guys love fucking supercross.
Speaker 1: For me. When they're bringing up supercross.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you know, is they gonna I mean, I haven't I haven't done anything in what lcross is gonna hit? Yeah, I haven't done anything with the supercross as I used to play what is it ATV?
Speaker 1: Versus a TV? Hang on one at a time, boys go ahead and Max versus ATV.
Speaker 6: That game was fucking fire leash. But I have no clue about the supercross world. But the boys were adamant about doing it. So I'm fired up that we are diving into that world this year.
Speaker 1: Me too, Me too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Will already said big big motocross fan freestyle motocross fan, but.
Speaker 1: Not over dirt bikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, that was like the first love for me, being like, you know, I got my first dirt bike when I was five years old. My grandpa got it for me, had the old training wheels on it and stuff like that. I used to remember ripping around the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Dude on that the coolest kid on the block, rip over, go to people's houses, people on bicycles.
Speaker 2: I was on that fucking motorcycle, fucking gradually going up, got into jumping a little bit. Was I good, No, but it would have a lot of fun doing it. Absolutely was a massive fan of Chad Reid and Ricky Carmichael in the supercross landscape and then obviously you know Brian Deegan, Travis Pstrawan on those guys, and then the freestyle motocross world was my shit. Mitch brought this to us. I thought, hell, yeah, this is gonna be fucking awesome. And we all know Mitch soft spoken individual, doesn't like they really put out too much. But as we dove into this, after we did the interviews and all that, and we started doing the supercross Like Mitch, his brother and his dad came with, and these guys are like, oh that's so and so he's ranked number this, and he's he has this many points right now.
Speaker 1: They are fucking in SAME's.
Speaker 6: Generational, Like his dad grew up doing dirt bikes, so like he knew the world, he knew the generation that were coaches in this.
Speaker 1: Dirt bike game.
Speaker 2: Who was the the guy we saw at Suzuki Larry Brooks, Larry Brooks.
Speaker 1: I was like, my dad's like Chad Reid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like his fucking dude apparently like you're Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Like it was like that Travis Strana.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so we see him and I guess like you went up to him and told him.
Speaker 8: Well no, I think the guy was like, oh, this is Larry Brooks and and you're like, okay, he used to ride back and the damn my dad and that's Larry Brooks.
Speaker 1: I don't know who it is. He lit up like a damn player. He was fired up that he was.
Speaker 8: He almost didn't make it, like he landed at twelve. And because the interviews went went long, he was able to come and meet us.
Speaker 1: So you're welcome. Dad.
Speaker 8: As we were walking in the door, he pulled up and ran up. So I'm happy he was able to make it.
Speaker 2: He was a kid in the case all of them. Dude, we got to walk on the track, go through it. They're talking about how they go through like when they do a track walk, they don't get eight minutes to warm up before racing and they don't ride it before, so they're like literally trying to figure out, Okay, I can double this, triple this, I have to bounce off this, all that different stuff like working through the process. And those dudes' injuries are crazy, Like who's what's the buddy who had the arm rocks and yeah, that's who you guys coming on coming on today? He fucking compound fracture? What is his wrist and his elbow? Like a career ender. Dude done and he this interview is incredible, so he goes into like the mindset and all that stuff. Two completely different interviews we did, completely different One was like definitely revolved around like the mental game and getting your body right and all that, and the other one was like, I mean our boy, yeah track snacks, which we gotta make a hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Moto Mitch Well from all that shit, what was like your favorite your favorite part?
Speaker 8: My favorite part was Saturday being able to fu I know, dude, Like I was able to go on the track, uh, and like you could feel the engines, Like as the start was like about it happened, my heart race started getting up, like I was getting juiced up for it, and like seeing them on TV and seeing them in person, like on the track, they are so much faster than what you like ever believed. And then like like I've always grown up going to like my dad and brothers races and like their amateurs they're not like anything crazy, but you see like the pros doing it, and like being on the floor with them was absolutely insane. But like I was telling G like I I enjoyed this more than like the football stuff we've done, Like when we went to not the nota Sing, I didn't like the football, but like.
Speaker 1: This, you have a love for fucking supercross exact. It was Supercross is hiring, it was it was just it was just really cool. It was a really cool experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome. Had a good time. I was so bummed I missed Saturday, dude. I woke up in the middle of the night Friday, massive fever, dying dude. And then the next day when or that evening also wind went down to so I was heartbroken.
Speaker 1: I couldn't make it mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Out of all the peoples around, I don't know if it was you that got me sick.
Speaker 1: I would love to Yeah, I agree, I agree. Yeah, it was a great throwing catch. Anything that's good for them. None of the boys in the bag. No, do you all right? Mitch?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'll tell you what. You put a single germ around the wan, Dude, that's fucking mental warfare.
Speaker 1: War going on. I know, that's so weird, Like what the fuck? I used to never get sick?
Speaker 2: You know it is those damn five year olds, Chris, you know, dude, the five year old kids, they just get sick all the time and they dust your family.
Speaker 1: I used to never get sick.
Speaker 2: It was probably not sick ones in college and I did everything I could to get sick, but I never did. Yeah, never did, dude. Anyway, we go from here for shadow. Yeah, did you guys ride on the track.
Speaker 1: Uh No, it's too money, but we made we made Mitch do it.
Speaker 2: And they're like, he's he's gonna fall he'll fall for sure, all right, get him out there. Mitch went down and back. No problem. There's a little bit of a problem, a couple of hairy situations, but.
Speaker 6: Overall they the writers were like, uh, you guys, you guys are gonna struggle, like you guys are gonna fall down. Like the conditions right now are not are not good.
Speaker 1: And I went out there.
Speaker 8: They were like, we're impressed, and I'm like saying, there, I impressed pro motocross guys.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool, yeah, pretty Yeah, Well we saw that smile. He was fired up. He was just making fun of my head and not being able to find a helmet fit or anything.
Speaker 2: He really he's really playing into that jy quite a bit, isn't it. Not to say I haven't joined in also, but like it was definitely bearing that care.
Speaker 6: You have to have gotten it from your mom because your dad really doesn't have that big of a head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think probably.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't got the nogging dude, No shots. I love your mom, dude, I know your whole family. They're they're a fan of the bus. So just a little just a little busting balls mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But his brother had the same thing going on. Yeah, brother had a fat head.
Speaker 2: It didn't say a whole lot too, really kept to himself. Did they enjoy themselves? Were they think of the bus and everything?
Speaker 1: They thought it was really cool, all right?
Speaker 8: They just I can't believe this is where you work, like just gratty back there on the little tables and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what a fucked up establishment we have here. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it's cool too that you like love Supercross, that you love a sport that's not like the the most recognizable spa.
Speaker 1: It's like growing in popularity.
Speaker 8: But like, I what, uh you made a comment like you guys should do like an F one thing. I think that would be huge. I know it's like not as big as one or anything, but he'd like but if.
Speaker 6: One, they're Their popularity has grown like fucking ten x from just that little docuseries they made on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I mean they're doing it now with golf.
Speaker 6: The quarter of the QB or a quarterback is coming out where they're falling around the homes. I think Marcus Mariota and one other Gino.
Speaker 3: N I think there's another solid dude. He said nothing, It was a little more. You know, Gino is a beast.
Speaker 8: Anyways, those ones all have like massive, like you should have known a lot of money in it.
Speaker 6: I should have. Now that I see it, I'm like, oh, yeah, that's right. Patrick Mahomes, Kirk Cousins, Marcus Mariota. But they're doing all these little docutions. I think it'd be sick if you're trying to grow the sport. I think that's a move on support that needs attention is get them docuseries.
Speaker 8: Though the Supercross doesn't have his much money as all those sports, so I think that's probably where they are not able to do that and capitalize on it. But I think it would look it would be super Yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Would be dope.
Speaker 5: Before we do tear tear talk or shout out no for shadow, are we doing teer talk as well? I saw that in the docket.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to do it either. We'll do it. We can do it Thursday. We'll do it Thursday. Are you gonna read that?
Speaker 2: If you want me to, I can do what fuck you want, buddy our show. I can sit here in silence for ten minutes if I wanted to. How dope is it?
Speaker 1: Huh? Boys? How do you guys feel about this whole experience? Yeah? You like it. How ridiculous is this? This is our job? Yeah, talking the thing? Oh oh ron Oh yeah, it's unreal.
Speaker 12: I just yeah, you see the pictures of the bus, but to put it in real life, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fucking aweso authentic and shipcause all this literally came with it too, all the stickers and all that, and the ones that are at the purple on it.
Speaker 1: That's all racist ship that we had to take off.
Speaker 5: But anyway, what a good pivot into do canon?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: Well, warman weather is here and things are heating up for the boys. But guess what, we're not sweating it on the bus. Why Because Duke Cannon has our backs, our pits, and our pits covered. If you need to upgrade your grooming routine or restock your favorites, Duke Cannon has everything you need, from anti persperants and deodorants to thick body wash and their big ass brick of soap. May Personally, I always go with that. The anti persperant deodorant, I can't really don't. I don't know what the difference is. I really have no idea what the difference is, but I know you put it on your your armpits. The cool dry is telling the Chris Is before you on the show them things. Dude, you put that on during a hot summer day and you're feeling a little too warm. Them thing cool your pits down like crazy. You can pick up these hardworking products at ukenon dot com and use code bustin. That's b U S s I N ten, so it's buck code busting ten for ten percent off your order, Duke Cannon. Not for clowns, which we really need to rework. We've gone over to clowns salaries before. That shit's real. They make good money, they're respected establishment what they do around here, buddy, quickpe that's not like you. Oh yeah, I mean I did set a record, but yeah, set a big time record.
Speaker 1: Big record, I think a minute forty something.
Speaker 6: That's pretty fucking Awesolome Gate forty eight at the LOGWARDI Airport.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah he did, all right? Yeah, what was it? A minute forty six.
Speaker 2: At forty like that minute forty something, yeah, minute forty something, Yeah, you know it was. It was a big time record.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was wild too going to New York because people were like the boys. It was like a whole bunch of week out.
Speaker 5: The people are fucking with us big time, and that is a nice feeling. That is a nice feeling to know that this is really happening. Yeah, yeah, we're really doing this. Yeah it was thousand episodes in. We're fucking really, we're getting after it. Dude, Who who would have thought?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 2: Is there anything you guys want to talk about? Maybe college? Maybe your guys' careers Christopher For those who don't know, Chris Brown and uh went to Michigan with me, lived really close to me at one point, and we used to play pooped all all together, all together, all the time.
Speaker 5: Words today, it's a tough ye out here.
Speaker 1: We played We played too much poop dollar, Yeah, way too much, but always in the same way, same street. I mean, I don't know how these people didn't figure it out. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Do you think after a while they'd get it? I mean the tenth time it was like the same dollar, we just reusing the same time, and then all of a sudden some homeless guy would come by and pick it up. I got a call from a couple of offensive linemen at Michigan. I wasn't gonna say off with them. Here we are They called me when I was in Vegas, like, hey, how do you play poop dollar? Because they were gonna play, and apparently they did. I had fun times getting after that thing. The best one we ever did was at my bachelor party though. That was all time. Yeah dude, it was expensive though. It was expensive doll and it ended pretty quickly, didn't it. Oh yeah, yeah home a lot of homeless in Austin, A lot of homeless homeless out there.
Speaker 12: Sat the guy well yeah, the one guy got pit, the one guy got pissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was he was.
Speaker 12: With his girlfriend or somebody's trying to press and we're.
Speaker 1: Like fuck you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and a couple of beers deep dude having a good time watch people pick up ship.
Speaker 12: The third guy just pocket it and flicked us off and we applauded him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stood up. And a plot that was you do that.
Speaker 2: Now you get shot up here in the states, brother, shit a little wild out here again.
Speaker 4: It was an expensive pood dollars, a hundred dollars, so yeah, I think I would even pocket a poo hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: That's a real deal. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: Ah, is there anything you want to get into before we hit this episode.
Speaker 1: I don't think so buy our merchandise, please God do that.
Speaker 2: We had a nice little uh, we had a nice little thing come out of me giving birth to Mitch and Will receiving a hat. Shout out Jack, dude, let's get Jack around of applause real quick. Very impressive. That beautiful brain. It's angry right now. This is the Titians draft. But he's fucking it is a beautiful brain. A compliment at eighth and roast, No for shout us eighth and roast and uh. But he was like, I just got done watching your guys' fucking merchandise video where you guys are giving given birth to a baby. And he was like that was creative. I was laughing my ass off right before I came in here. It was like, oh that fires me up. Yeah, And you had literally that wasn't even your best idea that you have in the roster. Y.
Speaker 1: We gotta come. We got some good ones coming.
Speaker 5: Up, and you're going to break the mold for advertising.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: I mean, if that's me giving birth to Mitch, pulling that head out of my uterus, and Will being careless with his nut and receiving that that hat doesn't sell.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are we doing?
Speaker 6: Boys, We're trying and Jack's like, yeah, we've got to be the best at barstool for doing these fucking.
Speaker 1: Weekly Don't say too loud, don't say we don't want people. We're competing.
Speaker 2: We're at their competing, Like competitions are ways when people don't know they're competing.
Speaker 1: I just want to put it out there that we're we're aware, and we are coming. We're here. I think we might be number one. And it's Louis.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we should even talk about Dion, but all those dudes transferring away coming back all that.
Speaker 1: He's open about it.
Speaker 6: He's like, you buy a new house, you want to you want to decorate with new furniture, you gotta get the old furniture out.
Speaker 2: He talked crazy about those damn kids. What you got, brother?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like he's.
Speaker 6: Trying to build a program, he's trying to build culture. Weed out the guys. Who are you know who don't want to be there?
Speaker 1: What do you think? Uh?
Speaker 2: I do you think they're gonna do? I think they'll do so. I think they're gonna surprise people. That's what I think I think they're gonna surprise people.
Speaker 6: I think until Dion has a actual down year, an unsuccessful year, I think right, so far, he's proved every spot, He's proved each year that he can fucking he can do this thing. Did you know what I'm saying? They'll wait for raid of some day coming on our show. Do you know what I'm saying? Do you feel well? How do you feel about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The first year is always so tough.
Speaker 2: You see, if all those new guys coming in, old guys leaving, how is the locker room really feels? So you kind of wonder, like how everything's gelling. I wonder if there's like a.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a.
Speaker 2: How I don't know how the guys that are coming in feel, knowing the way the ways talks about them being Louis and all that, and then the old guys if they kind of feel some type of way that these new guys and that could cause a divide in the locker room.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of dudes.
Speaker 2: College football is one hundred and twenty people, right, so there's a lot of different personalities to kind of come together.
Speaker 1: I wonder how that camp's gonna look. Camp's when we're really gonna figure it out. Yeah, if you've got a squad or not.
Speaker 6: Feel like he does nothing but drop gyms and like he the way he speaks, like I sometimes like I can see how people see that it's it's it's arrogant and pompous, and but I feel like he's always came onto the scene and it's always made some people a little uncomfortable, whether it's coming in to play football, whether it's playing baseball and football at the same time and hitting a home running then going and playing a game the next day, like getting into the coaching scene, even in media, going to Barstool Sports, Jackson State, all the stuff he's.
Speaker 1: Saying and then jumping to Colorado.
Speaker 6: Every move he's made, he's been successful, and I feel like he's always again, he's always got a lot of like philosophy that he shares along the way on why he does what he does, and people are just gonna have to wait and see it for it to be true. And I think this is gonna be I think it's gonna be maybe something similar. I don't know if they're gonna be as successful as he was the Jackson State right out of the gate, because you're now playing Division one football and the competition is higher. Yeah, and you're starting at a place like Colorado, Like, no disrespect, but there's a reason, like thirty something guys are shuffling out of there like they're a shitty fucking team, shty team, and uh, but I'm excited to see how it goes, man, because I think it'll be cool, like if he like just climb and climbs the ranks and does it his way like he has in every situation in his career.
Speaker 5: You saw their spring game, right, the attendance, Yeah, wild, insane, So you gotta make How does it make you feel Nebraska plays them the first game of the year, right, second game, second game.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be mostly red?
Speaker 6: You think, So it's gonna be a fuck load of red, man, I think, uh that, I think that fan base. I think Colorado is already seeing them, being like, oh, this is our best hire we've had and maybe ever, I don't want to disrespect any coach out there that's been there, been successful, but yeah, I mean turning it around and people are showing up like that, and people seem to fuck with Dion like I think he's gonna win a lot of football games there. It won't be against Nebraska, but I think he's gonna win a lot of football games.
Speaker 1: Do you think they'll be one in one after week two? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know who who do they play first? They could be oh and two TCU, they're gonna be oh and two. They're gonna start out oh and two. But I'm rooting for looking pull them for Dion like I am pulling for Dion. Pc U going one in three loss Colorado, Yeah, Colorado State, dub Oregon lost loss one and three, USC lost one and four Colorado Rizona State.
Speaker 1: Now, that's gonna be a good game. That's gonna be a good game. Good game. Ooh, lost was one and five, one in.
Speaker 6: Five, going to get Stanford. I think you beat Stanford. Okay, you surprised, you see LA. I think this where they start coming around this way, they start coming around when it's three and five Oregon five.
Speaker 1: Oregon State tough, but I'll say dub.
Speaker 2: Okay four and five, Arizona five and five, Okay, Washington.
Speaker 1: State at Washington State. I think they drop a game.
Speaker 2: There, Okay, five and six, the Utah loss five and seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're if you're Colorado. Listening to this right now, Will's prediction, you should be hype. You guys are probably gonna go undefeated based off him what he did to Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Last here he will single handedly got Kansas City a super Bowl?
Speaker 6: Right now, Hang on a second, how do you personally feel JP hearing me talk about it, Like, are you part of the fan base, Like you're like, oh damn, coloriad was gonna win a lot.
Speaker 1: Are you're like, oh my man, he's he's probably onto something. I think Colorado is gonna go to a bowl game, but I think it's that's one more game. I think that's one of the things that if they're six and six, they're going bowling. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like the way you were just speaking about Dion, I felt it was more like he's gonna come in and succeed just how he succeeded and everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but again, that can be losing close games. What was the record last year? It was abysmal? Right, Yeah, they won like one or two games. If you win five games, that's a success.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna beat TCU. What I think TCU is gonna fall off?
Speaker 1: I hope so they deserve it. After what they did to us in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: I hope they beat TCU because that's gonna make our win look better.
Speaker 1: Week two, Bro, I'll say this, I'll agree with you all.
Speaker 6: Say a six win season, they'll go to a bowl game, and the majority of their losses I think will be close games where it's like, yeah, okay, we went six and six or maybe had a losing season. But if you look the losses like they're fucking trending in the right direction. I was saying all that stuff, and without seeing the schedule, and they've seen the EPA.
Speaker 1: They got a halfty one.
Speaker 2: Dude, PC to you though, dropping off makes us feel a whole lot better. Yeah, because if we're speaking, we're not being biased at all. I mean, they could easily be two and o right, just based off how bra like how Nebraska's been.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 2: I'm just letting you know, Colorado State, now you could be three and o Oregon, like you just said.
Speaker 1: The most disrespectful I think you know.
Speaker 2: I know how you are about Nebraska, brother, and it's like I want to be there to support you, but sometimes we're gonna look for your clear lens.
Speaker 6: But you also need to understand that I know that this is the hill, like I'll stand.
Speaker 1: Up, yeah and absolutely in a way of like what you're saying, you'll die.
Speaker 3: On that hill.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't want to just catch bullets from you for no reason.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, hey, let them live. Just letting Nebraska live.
Speaker 2: Brother, you said what dude, all of a sudden, I'm getting wrestled again right the fucking hand thing. Listen anyway, that's our episode, dude. While I'm seeing a guy, yeah, shout out, no free shure. Well, I thought were I thought we're waiting for Thursday for shoutout, no for shot out.
Speaker 1: I though tear talk. Oh fuck, we haven't even done that yet. What do you guys want to do? Shout out? No for shoutout? Did you guys know the premise of it? Yeah? I love it. I don't know if he does, but I.
Speaker 5: Know, do you Chris Well? I will have JP go first.
Speaker 2: Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to a shout out no free shot out, one of our favorite segments of the week. I feel like we have fourteen at this point, but starting is going to be JP.
Speaker 3: Hubby My shoutout, no free shoutout goes to one of my favorite inventions of all time, and that is blackout curtains and just we were at the hotel this weekend and just not knowing what time it is in the morning is one of the best feelings ever. And I hope to own blackout curtains in my house one day. So that's my shoutout, No free shout out. It's a good one. JP, tell you something.
Speaker 1: They're great. I know they are great. Are incredibed our game? If you have the Blackout boys? Yeah? All right, Jackie, what you got? Brother?
Speaker 10: My shutout and over SHADOWT goes to a few individuals on the bus, but more of a collective Will Taylor JP personal text from Garrett Mitch. Didn't hear anything from you, Oh no, but I hit ten k on Twitter and I'd love to shout out the community that's written with me so far where it's yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, chill boys.
Speaker 10: You know you can look on these accomplishments and be proud, but then you got to just turn the other direction ahead for one hundred.
Speaker 5: K, so we are we're nearing in on it.
Speaker 10: I believe I'm at ten point four, so only like ninety nine thousand, six hundred followers left you want to follow me on Twitter, you can Higre Dolls somewhere ninety thousand. Oh yeah, damn Taylor Brother Big Brain Podcast. But yeah, appreciate all the support all my boys out there on the bird. Dude, go ahead, drop your good drop your at underscore. Jack McPherson, Jack not a burner. You'll find it out there somewhere. If not, who gives a fuck, You'll find me someday.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 5: That big jump you what like five hundred yesterday?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, because of you. You were like, hey, everyone follow him, Let's get him to eleven K.
Speaker 2: My fucking boy, dude, you are my fucking boy, my little brother.
Speaker 1: It is. Yeah, there's no doubt, dude.
Speaker 2: We were literally at barstool, uh the other day. I'm not gonna say, well, a lot of things, actually, you know what, I won't say.
Speaker 1: Who's up next?
Speaker 2: We going Mitchell, Chris Mitch or Chris, oh Mitch, let's go and Mitchell hit the boys go and then we'll go last.
Speaker 8: My shutout and if you shadow this week is to supercross the the guys that we were with, shout out Sean Brennan.
Speaker 1: He's the pr guy.
Speaker 8: He basically allowed us to do whatever the hell we wanted was super cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was gonna get you two on bikes.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately the weather wasn't permitting, but he like would just walk around with me and Hey, you want to go over here and get this shot and do this? Like he was helping me out with everything. And also Jackson Canard, he was the one who DMed me and was like, hey, they're coming to Nashville, Like, let's try and do something. So he's the one got me in contact with Sean made everything happen. So shout out those two and just shout out the support of Supercross.
Speaker 1: Dude, Hell yeah, did you meet Brian Degan?
Speaker 8: I didn't, but he was like, uh, I just talked to Sean. I was like, hey, Taylor's here tomorrow. He's gonna kind of want to meet Brian Deigan. He's like, all right, we'll make that happen. You could just you could ask like to meet anybody, and this dude was like, all right, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll make And who was.
Speaker 2: The guy that was a fan of the podcast, Christian Craig.
Speaker 1: Dude, some dude who had an elbow brace. Oh out that fucking fired us up too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, you don't know who Brian Degan is Girt. Brian Deagan first got to Everlana three sixty two thousand and three X Games. Here does a three sixty lands The bike lands on like a side dirt pitt and he just stick sticks it right there, bouns it fire. He's part of Meta Militia. M hm, you gotta know that.
Speaker 1: Ship, bro.
Speaker 5: You ever see nitrous Circus? See, Hey, I just took as rips too.
Speaker 1: My shout out, no for shoutout is going to go to something.
Speaker 7: I feel like we haven't experienced in Nashville in a while, But it feels like we're actually experiencing a spring right now.
Speaker 1: We're a weekends in the morning, cold at night. Can't beat it. Shout out to the weather.
Speaker 2: I will tip my cap to that, because I do believe there's only six weeks a year you get out of it.
Speaker 1: Three in the fall, three in the spring.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're about ten days into it and it's been immaculate. We're literally on week three right though. Maybe we're on week three right now, maybe now because you were gone. I was gone for a week, so you left. Yeah, we're on week three. You're right, You're right, the three weeks. That's how it's been for the decade I've been here. Enjoy this last week. Yeah, so hopefully we'll see what the weather is actually.
Speaker 6: This coming week before the week before last week, man, it was rocking talking seventies.
Speaker 5: Starting Friday, it rains five out of six days and it gets into the eighties on Friday on Friday, starting Friday, So three weeks, boys, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna hope those are the afternoon showers. Let's hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they will be, they will be. It will be all right now that we're done making fun of my voice or whatever. But why do you guys keep repeating that ship? Because now I know it is AH.
Speaker 6: And I don't know how, I don't know if I I don't think, I don't know if I want to take the hater route on it, because sometimes it hits my ear drums a little, like why do you do that?
Speaker 2: I kind of like, I think I did it as a joke at first, and now it's kind of like a thing that just kind of happened to me, kind of like Brian Kelly doing his Southern accent l s U.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Percy, guys, give us your shout out.
Speaker 1: No free shout out.
Speaker 4: All right, My shout out, no free shout out is to the people who dominate the middle seat on an airplane, both arm rests and with the knee in the front when someone tries to recline. That is just that is an absolute no. So you get that knee in there and they're just not moving right. Yeah, and then you dominate the middle seat with the arms. That's just you have to if you're gonna be stuck in the middle seat. You got a serve dominance.
Speaker 5: That is an impressive shoutout, no free shoutout for your first one.
Speaker 1: That's very good. Happy to be here, Thank you. That was good. You've done a good job. Solid Chris too. Yeah.
Speaker 12: My shout out, no free shout out is uh Uber drivers that give a fuck. Okay, we landed and we got a guy. I think we might have gotten in the wrong car. It was like we got a six seater. We had all the ship in the back. Still, Yeah, we couldn't. We had to get two ubers. It just reaked. But the last two hours we've had have been phenomenal. And so yeah, like good smell, clean car makes all the difference in the.
Speaker 1: World they give a fuck about. They give a yeah, the experience.
Speaker 6: Man their professional and then delivering a service they care. Yeah, it just makes strong shout outs by the Chris Boys. Yeah, strong shoutouts by the Chris Boys. All right, Willie, what you got for us? My shout out, no free shoutout goes to Daddy Daughter Days. My wife was out of town over the weekend. She was in Chicago, so it was, uh, it was myself and Rue all weekend and just nothing. There's just nothing better than like growing that relationship with your daughter to where they're like fuck with you, to where you're like their friend at the end of the weekend. Even when Mom, so I'm like this morning we went to the coffee shop and everything.
Speaker 1: Else, and she's be like did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I come over and like lean on meself And I was like, yo, I fucking funk with her.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: But yeah, my shot out, no free shodow goes to uh Daddy daughter days or sometimes.
Speaker 1: The mom get selfish, they do, Yeah, they take away.
Speaker 6: I think Troe was fired up for me because she's like, you know, because sometimes like fired everyone was like a hey, good for you. Now He's like, babe, look she's saying you should look. She's like reaching across and should be like whisperings way. Hell yeah, and it just it just fires me out. You just go and grab her little cheeks. But yeah, that's my shoutout man daddy daughter weekends.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, that's all time. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Uh my shadow, no free shoutow is going to go to When you go to a restaurant and it's not a nice restaurant, but the condiments on the table include more than just ketchup and mustard. You got a fucking ranch on there, maybe some barbecue sauce as well.
Speaker 1: Who got ranch? Show? Who's got ranch? Out there?
Speaker 5: We go, We went to that burger spot like three weeks ago.
Speaker 10: I said, keep that in the fridge at least ranch barbecue.
Speaker 2: Brother, they put them little things out in the bottles. You fucking put that thing down there. You don't got to ask for the ranch of the barbecue sauce. Especially when you go to a place like Zips. You say, hey, can we get some extra ranch, and they say how many ranches do you want? You literally have to look at them in the eyes and say five. Like it's an uncomfortable feeling damn.
Speaker 1: Shu.
Speaker 2: But Will and I like had to be like three months ago now went to that burger spot that everyone was saying was amazing. We pulled in there a bunch of Titan fans in there and they're like, Davis our meal for free, but you had all the condiments and the ranch and everything kind of waiting for us. So it was solid, dude. So my shout out, no free Shadow goes to a diverse You guys what we got going on. They've been doing that all podcasts, Jack and JP. We have to separate them in the next class.
Speaker 1: I do have to throw in another like you got out.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just like when Taylor was looking over at you, the microphone is just at his eye and that's always said.
Speaker 5: Yeah dude, yeah, normalized dudes, typing dudes.
Speaker 7: I gotta throw in one more little shout out. Jack and I went to the Sounds game, So shout out to Nick who got us our tickets for free.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 10: Literally, our boy was buying his tickets to go meet us around the corner and then a guy come out and he goes, dude, tickets are free.
Speaker 5: We love the pod and.
Speaker 10: We're like, oh shit, you know, all of a sudden, our friends that came with us were like, hey, y'all follow us, Like, let's.
Speaker 5: Talk young moment for me and Garrett. Oh yeah, let's fucking go. Dude, one of those.
Speaker 1: Ten K guys.
Speaker 5: It's Nicholas House.
Speaker 1: I think it's no a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to Nicholas with the sounds all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, we gotta get out to a sounds game as a group. We went. It's so much fun out there that the sounds really do it the right way. Yeah they do, Yeah, they do well.
Speaker 2: Both With that being said, please enjoy this episode of busting with the boys, and like we talked about before, by the fucking march, dude, we need this.
Speaker 1: Can we introduce the boy a little bit? Can we pull up?
Speaker 6: Uh, Mitch, go ahead, grab the microphone, introduce the boy we're about to get because you obviously, you know, you stay rocked up over the boys of Supercross.
Speaker 8: And who in our interview today is Ken Roxon. He is number ninety four Supercross Rise for Suzuki.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: He talks about like his mindset super super big into like how he prepares for the races and everything.
Speaker 1: Uh. He talks about what Taylor touched on. Very focused individual, Yeah for sure. Uh.
Speaker 8: And then he talks about like his almost career ending injury and how like what the battle was like coming back from that super serious guy. I have a couple of laughs, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an overall a very informative pod. We talk a lot about mindset and recovery stuff. He also grew up in Germany till he was about fourteen or fifteen years old and went down to Florida and his process, how he trains, where he trains, and just like incrementally like he teaches us a lot about the process of becoming a young little dirt bike rider to a professional at the one percent of the one percent of running dirt bike. So it's a very cool informative podcast. I hope everybody enjoys. As always, big hugs and tiny.
Speaker 6: And before we go tomorrow, we're dropping a bonus episode with Aaron Plessinger.
Speaker 1: Aaron Plessinger sotally different vibe on that podcast. Miles yea wife. He's a good vibe. Yeah, he's a real good vibe.
Speaker 6: But that'll be dropping tomorrow. And that's just that's just on the Free that's just on the Free Boys. Yeah, and then we'll do Uh, we're back to regular programming twice a week for this month, the month of May. Then these next four weeks, this is week one. For four weeks we're doing twice a week with Tail and I'll be back on the MIC and it'll just be the boys on Thursdays. So got further ado subscribe the comments.
Speaker 5: Breage five stars, let's fucking golks?
Speaker 1: Any kisses? Good workwise?
Speaker 5: How long was that pod our inte?
Speaker 3: So we as an I interrupt this episode to bring you the world's most comfortable boot and that boot is Georgia Boot. You guys wish you had this on your feet, and let me tell you why you want it on your feet, because it is designed for the longest shift, the toughest job. The core of Georgia's messaging relies on delivering boots that are as comfortable as they are tough, boots that you can wear from work to your favorite bar, whether you're working on the front line, fixing that shelf in your closet, or grilling out back. These Georgia's, excuse me, These Georgia's are the best boot for the job.
Speaker 1: Georgia boots are designed with comfort in.
Speaker 3: These Georgia boots are designed with comfort in mind, featuring cushioned insoles and supportive technology for all day comfort. They're engineered to provide protection from harsh outdoor conditions, environments and ensuring safety and comfort.
Speaker 1: Of the wearer.
Speaker 3: Georgia Boots are available in a range of styles and designs, catering to the preferences and needs of a diverse customer base. Listen, I never owned a pair of Georgia boots until probably last week, and I would show you my feet right now, but I'm wearing some Georgia boots that are unreleased, so you got to take these ones in. I wear the Georgia boots the sleep, I wear them on dates, I wear them to the pool. I go swimming in my Georgia boots most times, and they still hold up perfectly. And guess what if you use code busting for twenty percent off at Georgia Boots dot com, then you get twenty first percent off boots at Georgia Food dot com. That's code busting b U S S I N for twenty percent off at Georgia boots dot com.
Speaker 2: Back to the episode, we're rolling right now, Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another another episode of Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 1: My name is till One.
Speaker 2: My guest today is the electric Ken Roxon And they say that right, Ken Roxton.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's right, dude.
Speaker 2: So my thirteen year old self will be nutting his pants right now because growing up, when I was five years old, my grandpa got me a little PW fifty and I was obsessed with dirt bikes from the get going. We were kind of talking about it before, but I always like to wait till we're on the mics because if I start retelling the same story, it doesn't have the same feel, the same posazz to me. And so you know, I'm five years old, I get a dirt bike, I start falling into the Travis Pastranos, the Brian Degans, the first three sixty happened. Then then I go to like Supercross and Arizona and I'm watching Chattered and Rickey Carmichael like. So it's an absolute honor to have you on this show. When the boys are over here, we got on the zoom, they were telling me you're a fan favorite, you get after it, You're a fun personality. So I'm an electrostack to have you on here today, it's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 9: Well, I appreciate, and you know, as you know, it's so easy to fall in love with the sport, right or anything anything with wheels, at least.
Speaker 5: That's what it is for me.
Speaker 9: I mean, actually I had the luxury of growing up with a track right on my property, so it was you know, my dad had a team and they did it all just for fun, right, But I had the luxury of going out my back door, jumping on a bike and going and I think you know, I went through an entire freaking canister of gas when I was at a young age, not because my dad wanted me to, but I just had the freedom to do whatever, and especially as a kid, like you can just can kind of just do whatever you want out of property, Like that's that's pretty bad ass.
Speaker 5: So basically being you were born into the sport, like you you woke up out of your mom's womb, boom, you're there, and your dad's like, I already got a track ready for you to ready to go, Like when did you realize, like, hey, I'm all about wheels, I'm all about racing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So most people actually don't know as I don't really have an accent, but I was. Actually I'm German, like full German. Was born in Germany and lived. Yeah, so I moved to the US when I was like sixteen. Seventeen was my first year and I've been here ever since.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: That was my like, I pretty much had my entire adult life in the US. Like I bought my first house. Granted I lived in my own house because on the property we had a we had another building, so I kind of had.
Speaker 1: The like compound at the house.
Speaker 5: Huh yeah, yeah, so it was a full compound.
Speaker 9: My dad, my parents had a house, I had my house, and we had the track in the backyard in Germany on a property. But yeah, I had my first drive my driver's license here because in Germany had to be eighteen have a driver's license. So my entire adult live of buying houses and kind of you know, kickstarting that is uh has been in the US. So I feel very Americanized, you know, Yeah, I really have to say that. And I even struggle with speaking German sometimes, you know, when I'm not around it the whole time. My parents have been over a lot more often lately, so then it comes easier. But for a while, I wasn't because we're wide open January through I mean now it'd be September, you know, so we're wide open. I don't really have much time to you know, get back home and kind of hang out there. So for a while I didn't go back, and everything felt super foreign, and which is weird to think about when you've lived where you were born for sixteen seventeen years and then down the road you come back and that feels foreign to you.
Speaker 5: Is a wild feeling when.
Speaker 2: You're in when you grew up in Germany and now you're in the United States, Like what was going to the United States? What was like the biggest culture shock for you seeing the difference between Europe and then obviously the United States.
Speaker 9: Well, so the good thing was that at an early age, So I raced my first race when I was three, which is everything for me happened super early, Like most most writers start four or five, six right around there, but everything was super early for me. So I started traveling all throughout Europe at an early age as well. I started writing German Championship and then European Championship, you know, at a really early age. So I was kind of used to going different countries, because I guess it'd be like going from California to Nevada. I was going from Germany to France, you know, yeah, and it's a total different culture. So I was used to that. Having said that, coming over for the first time ever, it was two thousand and five, I've actually that's when my parents and Suzuki back then surprised me. Actually we shut up at this property and uh, getting dressed and everything, and I started riding the supercross tracks outdoor tracks, like multiple tracks on a property, and so that was, you know, first time in the US. It was all new to me, like the big tracks, big compounds, and everything wasn't normal. So I'm riding and riding and I come back and I see somebody with the number four ripping on a supercross track and it was Ricky. I did had no idea. My parents surprised me, and that was my first encounter with Ricky. And then sure enough down the road, let's say, oh, ten years later, I started racing for his team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and uh, just wild to think about, right.
Speaker 9: So anyways, when I when I first came out to the US, I just think we were a little bit thrown in the deep end. I didn't have much supercross experience, right, so we came over here started racing for Roger to Coosta, which is like the ultimate top level thing that you can do, right, and I had that in with KTM and the big switch was going on.
Speaker 5: But overall, like I was new.
Speaker 9: To supercross, the bikes, the suspension setups, and I went from living on a property to do whatever I want to do to living into an apartment and then.
Speaker 5: Trying to you know, grocery shopping.
Speaker 9: Like it's just things you don't realize until you're actually thrown in the deep end, and but so cool to look back. I tell people to go out out the country and and get different cultures all the time. But at least that's one of my favorite things to do, is travel to all different places.
Speaker 2: So when you when you're able to go back to Germany, like, does it feel more foreign to you being back in Germany now that you've been in the United States for so long?
Speaker 9: At this point, it hasn't been too bad because within the last couple of years I went back a few times, only just for a few days at a time, but at least I was there more frequently, and that made it feel a lot more like, Hey, it starts feeling a lot more familiar again. And I wouldn't say that when I go there that that's home in a sense. Yeah, because of friends and I like food and I love German food and everything, but overall, I'm just never there. So when I do go there, it just I feel more at home in the US, I have to really, Yeah, it's it's wild and I've only been here for ten years, so I don't know if you would consider that a long time or not.
Speaker 1: But dude, you take a decade in, you're you're you're cemented.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, at least you've completely switched. I mean, I feel like I'm a complete different person in a sense. I want to believe that I'm a better person, but complete different person than when I lived in Germany.
Speaker 1: Granted I was young.
Speaker 2: But you stay out in Florida now, Is that we're gonna have home base when it's all said and done, correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I used to split my time.
Speaker 9: Florida is my home base, like my main spot. But I lived in San Clementi before, which is between La and San Diego. That's where I first actually went was from Germany. I went straight to California, and that's where I based myself out of and then transitioned over to Florida. But I've always had my teams have always been in southern California, so I've always felt the need to have a place instead of renting all the time.
Speaker 5: It's always a mini move and it's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So, but we did end up selling last year throughout summer just because you know how the market was like make a make some good money with it. It wasn't planing at all. So for right now, I have no house in California. We just we're kind of everything as everything has changed within the last few months in a good way, like in a super cool I think it was it was needed for me personally, and uh yeah, so life's life's been good though.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, And I'm happy for you being Going back to when you were started racing when you were three years old, at what point in your life did you realize like, oh, should I can actually do this and be competitive and be a champion doing this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I would say it probably started very early.
Speaker 9: I mean the fact that I started riding and racing so early, I just had, you know, crazy good throttle control, and I could ride a dirt bike before I was able to ride it.
Speaker 1: You say, but you got to break it down because you throttle.
Speaker 5: Control, so you know, like any kid.
Speaker 9: I mean, I even say, I have a son that's too in seven month, two years and seven months, and uh, you know when they first jump on it, all they want to do is hold it wide open, you know, and and I, for whatever reason at that age, hold a throttle wide open and then whiskey thrown.
Speaker 5: They don't know how to break right, and then they just go away to the things.
Speaker 2: Their legs are falling off the back and they're kind of getting drug ass arounds.
Speaker 1: They fall down.
Speaker 9: And actually for me, I was just very I had really good throttle control, and uh, I just knew how to ride a motorcycle. So then a little bit later, on five, six, seven, eight years, I was just racing a lot of local stuff, a little bit of Belgium and in the Netherlands.
Speaker 5: Because it was close by eleven years old, No, that was earlier than that.
Speaker 9: So then when eight nine ten is when I started racing German Championship and with that came some of the European championships because the German Championship was actually an international championship, so it wasn't just Germans riding that we had people come that I actually would in the World Championship, would actually still race today, like we've we have this group of people that I've raced against since I was super little that are still racing at this point, which is so rare to see because it's it's so long ago when when we were little kids, and now I'm almost thirty, turning twenty nine tomorrow and I'm technically at you know, still racing some of those guys from back then.
Speaker 5: It's pretty cool to see.
Speaker 2: You're getting to race on your birthday. Sounds like an awesome you said, you're in twenty nine, Yeah.
Speaker 5: First time ever.
Speaker 9: So my birthday used to be on when we raced in Vegas back the day, but it was never on actual Saturday when we were racing. So this time, is it called stone or Golden Birthday or something like that?
Speaker 1: Your golden birthday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my twenty ninth birthday, twenty ninth, and I'm racing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and automatic dub huh automatic dub.
Speaker 9: Automatic, Yeah, I mean I would hope, so that would be bad ass. But just being in Nashville too, Right, We don't come here that often, and my wife loves the city and I do too. We've had some good times here, and it's just it's a different, different vibe.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's like the like a little New York in a way.
Speaker 2: It's just special. It makes it it's a uniquely growing city, dude. Like I've been here for almost ten years now and just watching the landscape with the skyscrapers everything, I've changed so much as over like a million people here now, but before that, it was like in the five hundred thousands, it just doubled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the last ten years, it's wild.
Speaker 5: I mean, and you see it happening in a lot of areas.
Speaker 9: I mean even where I'm from and like near Orlando area, we're on a little outskirt that used to be That's why I essentially moved to Florida because everything was calmer. There wasn't as much traffic as in California. I didn't have to drive as far but taxes. Yeah, and within the last few years, it's just it had exploded, like it doesn't matter where we go in the area that used to be super calm and relaxed, they all start getting super busy, and uh, it just changed a little bit. But at the same time it's also good for businesses all the city grow and more people and so I'm fine with it, but it's at the same time it's a little sad, just because it's not as mellow anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what d you you to Florida just going from one coast to the other one to be near the water, or did you ever consider a place like Nevada or Texas or an Arizona other I would assume big dirt biking areas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not really, just because southern California.
Speaker 9: And when I say that is but Corona and Tamika, so it's a little bit more inland from the beach.
Speaker 5: That's where all the test tracks used to be from.
Speaker 9: All the teams, Honda, Suzuki, Cowie, like, they all have their test tracks there and all the teams are based down there, so it makes sense. But when you go to like Nevada or any of those areas, there isn't really anybody with tracks, Like I don't really think you have a whole lot of public tracks, and it just makes it a lot more difficult because the teams aren't there.
Speaker 5: There's hardly any tracks you would have to have your own property.
Speaker 9: But for me in Florida, there's so many private facilities and I personally ride at the same box, which I have for the last I don't know how many years. What's a sandbox, it's just the name of the facility that I'm racing at. We have supercross tracks there, turn tracks just in case it rains, so we can we always have a track rideable and you basically just pay a yearly fee and you're you're able. So it's not a public track. You can't just some guy can't just go there and pay and come and ride. So it's a private facility. And we have a bunch of thous throughout Florida, So that's why it made sense to go to Florida, switch coast and and and you don't drive as far. I have twenty five minutes to the track. It's always the same, and so anywhere in between. I mean, of course you have people living around that's where they grew up and they have their own track, but in general general, for me, it was always California or Florida, just because when it came to the riding side of things, it made the most sense.
Speaker 2: Take me throughel like how you train and get prepared to race and supercross? So I know it takes a lot of endurance. What kind of stuff do you do outside of just riding?
Speaker 1: Do you lift? Do you spread? Do you Yeah, it takes supplements, Like what's your regiment look like?
Speaker 9: Being a motocross supercross racer, you kind of have to be an all arounder. I think people their ego is super high and don't know much about the sport always have we have the stigma of like, oh, you just you just ride the bike. It couldn't be more far away, further away from the truth. I do a lot of cardio training. I do a lot of strength training, just because our sport is so it's called violent in a way, right, Like we're high heart rates, throwing bikes from left to right with track conditions changing pretty much every lap, and then you're battling twenty two other guys.
Speaker 5: So there's just a lot of excitement going on. And I think from a fan.
Speaker 9: Perspective especially, I think that's why everybody falls in love with it, because there's so much going on at all times, right, and so yeah, on the training side of things, we do a lot of cardio.
Speaker 1: It's in every day.
Speaker 9: I personally say, I work twenty four to seven, three sixty five. And I've always been the kind of guy whether it's Christmas or Thanksgiving or whatever, that is never taken away from what the task at hand, which is I've trained and done all this stuff for so long. Like it's almost like a religion to me in a way, right, Like I feel like a fish out of water.
Speaker 1: If I do do a routine, you kind of just I want to break.
Speaker 9: Down, And honestly, my body feels like shit if I don't work out, So I just I have fun with it. Especially in my later stages of my career. Right now, I have embraced the whole thing a lot more. I do my own training schedule, and I guess I'm just a lot more into it instead of back in the day. I was always eager to do everything one hundred and ten percent, but at the same time, you were always relying on somebody to tell you what to do. So I have taken it up on myself because I started traveling all over the country throughout the off season, racing in Australia and I raced in France, and I went to Barcelona and all of that, and uh yeah, the training side of things, I was the best, the best judge of myself because you know it is when you fly to Australia, it's a long ass fly, jet lag and everything.
Speaker 5: So I was the best judge of what I'm able to do.
Speaker 9: And with that, I started love I love doing intervals and like just kind of push my body and be in the in the pain cave a little bit. You know, we kind of I kind of live for that. So I was starting to mess around with the discomfort exactly, like you need to start to be comfortable being uncomfortable. And yeah, that's pretty much an all.
Speaker 1: Day every day you're humreman. Yeah he dialed in.
Speaker 9: Huh really and yeah, so we pretty much do it all and not to mention the riding. The thing is the weather too, right, Like in Florida we lived during the heat. I mean, summertime is absolutely miserable. So it is very easy to do too much and not be recovered for the weekend. Because you know how it is when you work out and it's hot out, it is three times as hard than when it's cool out, you know, So those are all things that take into consideration and find what's the best formula for you.
Speaker 2: When you were when you're growing up and you're realizing your passion for racing, you're ripping around having a good time. Was there a time, a transition period for you to find this love for discomfort where you're like, oh, I actually have to lift and I have to run and I have to make sure I stay on top of my body to make sure that can do it.
Speaker 1: Because you remember being a kid.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it is for dirt bike riders or motocross riders, but playing sports, you're a kid. You don't even need to warm up. You just go out there and do whatever. And then eventually you get to an agh it's like, should I got to stretch a little bit? Then he goes, I get the cold tub a little bit. And so what was that like? Was that a tough process for you to learn or was the eagerness always just there for you.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't say it was tough because I grew up with a lot of discipline naturally, but also my dad was quite old school, and.
Speaker 1: The Germans seemed very disciplined.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, and not in a bad way, but just like when I was a kid, I was born into it and I wanted it to be I just think I had a couple of friends around too that we would always train together, and me and him would we went on I remember it.
Speaker 5: To this day because we always make fun of it.
Speaker 9: We went on a two hour run in the pouring rain, Like I mean, we put trash bags over ourselves and we just started running. But those are memories like was it miserable, absolutely, but did we have fun?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 5: And did it teach us to like not be soft?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, because I feel like nowadays people are way too soft, way too comfortable, right, And I just grew up with no matter what the weather is, there is really no bad weather, but you can dress right for it. And so no matter if it was freezing cold with a lot of ice, I was always running, and so I was. I was very I'm very appreciative of how I ca came up and the discipline. So I've always had that in me. Nobody really had to ever push me because I was slacking off. I was always, if anything, too eager and and uh put in a lot of enthusiasm.
Speaker 5: Enthusiasm.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I still to this day, I love it and a lot of I don't think a whole lot of people have disciplined. And it doesn't have to be with training or anything. It could be your diet or or whatever. It may be going to your job and maybe slacking. I don't know, but I just think it's really fun messing with this kind of stuff and being uncomfortable. I just feel like it makes me grow, It makes me be happy. Yeah, you know, same with cold plunges. I'm sure you young cold punches. People hate cold punches.
Speaker 1: For three minutes in the morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, So I have.
Speaker 9: I have one as well, and as miserable as it is, but I just feel like, after you've kind of had that suffering a little bit, it's just there's something inside of us humans. I feel like that makes us feel like we've really accomplished something, and it makes it makes me feel good.
Speaker 1: So I love that type stuff.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a general that did a commencement speech at the University of Texas and he talks about little victories. A little victory could be as small as making your bed, because if your days shit, at least you come home to a made bed, and like, that's what the ice tub is totally if you stare at it and you have all these excuses in your head's like well I'm sore, Hey fucking I don't have to do it today. But the minute you get in, once you come out, you literally feel like a brand new man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think we all tend to kind of think about going the easy route of like you know, like you said, not making the bed. But I feel like every time there's something where your brain says, hey, like don't worry about but then you do it anyway, which that's what discipline is.
Speaker 5: It overall makes.
Speaker 9: For such a better life because I just feel like you're overall happier because if you do that once, then you'll do it again and before you know it, your entire place will be a mess, right and right. So yeah, it's it's fun to mess with that kind of stuff. And I think everything comes in phases, which is totally cool.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: I think a lot of people go ape shit, go all the way, and then they get burnt out and then they just they're terrible again for a couple of years, you know. And I'm a believer in I keep a not a too high, not a too low, right, Like saying when it comes to diet, I kind of I'm a foodie, so I eat anything really, but I have learned to have fun with my job, enjoy the training side of things even when it's maybe not the most fun, but the same with the diet, and not be too too hard on yourself.
Speaker 5: And I feel like that's just what has worked for me lately.
Speaker 9: And I live happy and and that just shows in my writing and everything I do, and just we're all more enthusiastic with whatever I do.
Speaker 2: You can definitely tell with people their energy when they're happy or sad, like even internally you can feel it from that individual. You seem like a person that has a really good level head on their shoulders. And the way I've heard you talk in the short amount of time, it seems like your dad put a massively influential part in your life of having this type of success.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and all my family did, because that all what's cool about the sport. We have a very wide range of viewers you know, and fans you know, from all the way from newborns till till elderlies.
Speaker 5: So it I totally just forgot what I was.
Speaker 2: No, No, don't worry about that way we were talking about your your family, Yeah, your family, My.
Speaker 9: Mom, you know, she was cleaning the roll offs back in the this so when we ride and it's dirty and meaning muddy, or it's raining on whatever, you ride, rollof so you can pull your roll off and you get clear vision.
Speaker 5: Well, back in the day, we didn't have any money.
Speaker 1: Well, also on the goggles exactly.
Speaker 9: Yep, yep, exactly, you can pull it off. That's a tear off or a roll off. We have these little cannisters on the side and basically when we pull it, we pull the clear film from one side to the other, so we.
Speaker 5: Always have clear vision.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but my mom cleaned those back in the day and rolled them back up because we didn't really have any money to be, you know, buying new stuff all the time.
Speaker 2: It's an expensive sport, right, Like to ride motocross, you have to afford the bike.
Speaker 1: You have to be able to keep up with the maintenance.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a lot easier to buy a ball or a bat, you know, that's sure. But I think nowadays, you know, we're lucky that this whole e bike thing, right, it's like electric bikes. Yeah, big controversy, you know, some people love it, some people hate it. What I think is great for little dudes is they can ride in any yard. It doesn't make any noise. So even for my son right now, he's just been riding his Stasic bike and it's like a mountain bike but electric for little kids, and it's so rad It just opens up I think a whole new era. And I think people from more you know, suburbs or city type living, they can they can end up have a little more liking into that. Yeah, and you know it's a sport expensive, Yeah it is. But at the same time, when you love it, you just you love it, you go after it, right, Yeah, passion seems to find a way totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you brought you brought up like changing of bikes when you're younger, and you know, obviously you were riding the same bike as you were when you're three years old, when you as a kind of used to be rider, a big fan of everything. How was the transition for you going like up from bike to bike, Like what kind of process does that take to like learn the new torque and the speed and the throttle and all that.
Speaker 5: So that was that was a thing that came supernatural to me.
Speaker 9: And it's funny we talk about that because for me personally, I've always switched to the bigger bike at a super early age when I was actually way too small, so I always no, no, we're gonna call it level up. But I had the luxury of jumping on all kinds of different bikes when I was literally this tall and for whatever reason, and I just knew how to do a clutch, like because once you start rolling, I didn't really need my legs, right, I was riding around.
Speaker 1: So somebody had to hold you up while you got going on once you want.
Speaker 9: And you know what I think the ultimate factor is of success too, is that I had fun with everything that I did, like being a little kid riding bigger bikes that you're technically not supposed to ride. So I had the luxury of riding all these different bikes and playing around with the sport that I was going to pursue. And I think that's what got me so skilled, because I was constantly on them. And it doesn't even have to be a dirt bike, but also bicycles. I grew up riding BMX and dirt jumpers and all this kind of stuff and I was constantly on it. So I think with anything, it's learning by doing, and I just did it so much that I just I got super skilled at it.
Speaker 5: And you know, rain or shine, I was out.
Speaker 2: There was there ever one like jump up that was difficult or was it all pretty seamless for you?
Speaker 9: No, I mean it wasn't always easy.
Speaker 5: Before I turned pro.
Speaker 9: It just I feel like I kind of had a little bit of a dip down because I only really started training training, and this is still at a young age. But I turned pro when I was fifteen, so I had to start when I was fourteen, and I really prepared myself for starting to race the World Championship. And there was that transition before because I was technically even at this point, I was still a kid. And between let's say eleven, twelve, thirteen fourteen, right in between there, I wasn't really training, but I was writing and just having fun.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 9: My friends went into town and went to the public pool or whatever. I went with them, you know, so and then I raced just for fun. But I think a lot of people at that age they already put in that little bit of extra and training and this and that. So there was a time where I was standing still a little bit, and some other guys came became fast and they were kind of like on my level. But then I wasn't really training it. So once I started racing GPS, I really started putting in some hours and some discipline and hard work. Over a few months, I was working still a really closely with Red Bull. And so once I started training, I mean I jumped from here to here. I just made a huge step and then everybody was like, WHOA, what happened to this kid?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 9: And so yeah, I was finally starting to put in work and then I just went after it. And at that young age, I was racing people that are twenty you know, twenty twenty one, twenty two, twenty three. So their body, yeah, their body is just so much more developed, right, And and there's good and bad because as a young kid, you know it is you don't really feel that much like if you have you don't have any nagging pain or like you don't get that tired.
Speaker 5: You just have a whole different feeling.
Speaker 9: I think as you get older, you get more in tuned with your body, so you start noticing all these little things or getting tired or you get hot. But at the same time, their bikes were, uh, their bodies were a lot fitter and bigger and stronger and more wal bike.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 9: And you know, I was tiny at that point still and like a like a like a scorny little kid, and I was kind of late too with puberty, so I was full babyface and everything, and it was it was nuts.
Speaker 5: It was such a rat time.
Speaker 2: They're ripping around with twenty one year olds of a baby face and even.
Speaker 5: Totally yeah, it was. It was a wild time.
Speaker 9: And that was really my I don't want to say come up, but like once I started racing professionally, like I started doing really good at a really young age, and I was with Factory Suzuki back then got big time help from Japan and we were based together with that that was on a two fifty, so I was still riding the smaller bikes and the four to fifties, the very top elite bike and that was basically all one thing. So I got to be able to be around with those guys that have raised the GPS on the top level for many years already, so I was able to learn from them, and I was just I surrounded myself with people that were at that very very top level, and that allowed me to latch on and you know, essentially when I became their age, I just took it to another level when it came to speed and technique and finding all these little tents and hundreds that we're really fighting for nowadays.
Speaker 2: So it seems like such a detailed sport like motocross to me seems kind of in a similar way like UFC, Like if you watch it from a blind ey, like first time turning it on, you're like, oh, it just seems like guys are just riding or guys are just fighting in the UFC, And then as you pay more attention to it, there's so many minute details. Yeah, and when you're looking at tracks, there's obviously, like you know, there's larger tracks, smaller tracks, like more technical tracks. What for you is like something that you're like, I got to make sure and be on my p's and queues. Are there different like tips you give yourself You're like, all right, this burn this way, I make sure to shift into this gear like kind of kind of take me through like let's use let's just use Nashville for instance, And then contrast that to another one that's maybe a little bit different.
Speaker 9: Well, that's the crazy part about the sport. It is just never the same. You know, baseball field, football's field of course, that can be rain and everything, but it's grass and it's.
Speaker 1: Flat fifty three and third wide, it's one hundred and twenty yards.
Speaker 9: Ago kind of have the same circumstances all the time. Well for us, you know, depending on what state we go to, all the track that's soiled, the weather, everything's different. And not to mention with our bikes, there's a lot of moving parts, right, so we test suspension, we test motor stuff, we test brakes, we test clutches, because everything that you change on under a bike, there's so many moving parts, it changes on all other ends as well. Right, motor affects suspension, Suspension affects me. How come while I'm on the bike and there's just so it's a never ending story. It really is a never ending story. If you were to be a runner, long distance sprint, whatever, you have your pair of shoes that you dial in and then you're good to go. You know, it's really just how much power output you do. But with cars and motorcycles, motor gp whatever, it is. There's so many and you change something a millimeter, like the tiny little bit. It all changes to weight bias on the bike and the CG wave, which the center gravity way, you know, depending on where the weight sits on the bike. Everybody's different. Every bike has different measurements, so they're all ride different. So we do the sport so often and morning till night that we pay attention and we feel everything that we change, and at the same time, you're opening a whole other can of worms, you know.
Speaker 5: It's sometimes you chase your tail, really do.
Speaker 9: And then when it comes to the tracks, we race outdoor stadiums, indoor stadiums in hot weather and the track gets super dry and they do the best they can to keep the track the best that they can, but it's always different. Sometimes we race on hard pack. Last weekend was an absolute mutter. While we practiced all day on perfect conditions, it was really rocky last week.
Speaker 5: So it's constantly changing.
Speaker 9: And our bikes, you know, we're so heavy and we're so many riders, and because the soil can get really soft, the ruts on the takeoffs, the holes like it's never the same, you know, and it can catch you off guard really quick. So it is important that you you are really sharp and really in the moment for the time that you're on.
Speaker 5: A your bike with all the like minute details you're talking about, like center of gravity and all this, and one you change one thing, it changes a whole bunch of other things. The more you ride, obviously, the more you aware, you you become of everything around you, your clutch, your suspension.
Speaker 1: All that.
Speaker 2: Is there ever a point or has there been a point in your career where it's like you maybe became too aware to the point where you're you're overthinking it a little bit, like maybe you wiped.
Speaker 1: Out or something like that.
Speaker 2: You're like, well, it's because of you, because we all anytime I've ever ever been injured in football, I've always found this defense mechanism to be like, well, the reason why I got hurt is X, Y and Z, I did this, this and this wrong, and if I don't do that again, it's good. But then when you come back from an injury anything like that, it's like, man, what if this is off?
Speaker 1: What if that's off? And you kind of tend to overthink it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm doing I'm running on drop, like what if I tend to overthink a little bit, like I'm playing football, is it has that ever happened to you?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it happens to all of us at some point.
Speaker 9: I think the best thing that you can do when you find yourself getting lost as much as you can, and I've done that multiple times. I start over stock bikes, you know, out of the box, the way that each and every bike is made. You know, they have the test riders in Japan or depending on where your bike's made from, right, and I have I've always been a believer in.
Speaker 5: OEM stock bikes out of the box.
Speaker 9: They are pretty solid, consumer friendly, right, And then from there you got to figure out what the what the problem is. Sometimes it could be a measurement, you know, a triple clams where your handlebars are attached to you can you can rake those out or bring it closer to you and all this kind of stuff. And sometimes it's just material. You know, some people have titanium bolts, some have steel. Like there's all different materials and every single different material has a different compound and feels different, right, So, like titanium is super hard and super stiff, and it can create a lot of harshness in your hands, so it's very easy to get confused. And you know, all the more important that you work with with a good team, because.
Speaker 5: In the end, it's not just my brain.
Speaker 9: If every if we're all collaborating and it works out, we can take the comments and the knowledge that I've gotten over these last few years with the right changes, with a good team behind you, you know.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, it doesn't always work that way, you know.
Speaker 9: And sometimes I can do the best training I possibly can and be super far off with my bike and you're just not winning. You know, you're not there and sounds when you're getting injured or yeah, you can get injured. Yeah, it's it's uh man, it's it's so hard, but it makes it so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean it's a reason why, like, if everybody could do it, everyone would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it was easy. What's a phrase? If it was easy, everyone would do it? Yeah, thank god I landed that plane.
Speaker 1: When you're like before we we you came in here.
Speaker 2: Mitch's brother whose name's escaping me right now, he's with us on the bus. He showed me a clip was it twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, and you went off a jump and you landed like a the at the like before the landing of another jump, and obviously just fulaid your arm had multiple surgeries. What was like, just to talk me through what one why that happened. We'll get to the rest later, but why, like why did that happen? In your expert opinion of how you ended up in that situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of different things to look at during that time, which we've in the you know, we've we've had that happen more often, but that was a very wet time in California. We just gotten a lot of rain, and uh, like I said, with conditions changing all the time, well, the transitions between all the jumps before we take off, they're they're really soft and soggy and just also inconsistent. Right, and then once we started racing, I did basically everything perfectly, but my suspension completely compressed on the bottom of the jump and it was just ged out. And by ged out, I mean when we keep hitting it over and over, the hole gets kind of deeper deeper, deeper deeper, and my my suspension essentially bottomed out and rebound it and just hit forward exactly and not just that.
Speaker 5: I think I drugged my heels and it ripped my feet off.
Speaker 9: So as soon as I started going forward basically doing a Superman I mean, I have no control at that point anymore. Right, I tried to hang on as long as I can. They're just at least somewhat just straightened my body out a little bit. But I mean I absolutely faced into the brother.
Speaker 1: It was a tough thing to watch. Yeah, I mean, you went.
Speaker 9: Through it, but I mean right now, like I can watch it over and over. I've never really had a problem watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right after it happened, like you're in the hospital, I don't really remember. Honestly.
Speaker 9: The time after was super fuzzy for me because I was in the hospital for almost four weeks and I was on a lot of medication, and it scared me a little bit, all the medication stuff. But they're telling me that I'm nowhere near what people normally take. So but anyway, you know, between long lasting morphine and oxyo with the lauded whatever they give you, you know what I mean is I literally I don't really remember that much shortly after. There's there's little highlights here and there, but I was in Veil Colorado and the Stetman Clinic, which thank god because doctor Viola. You know, my arm was post I mean absolutely, I dislocated and compound fractured my radial head on my elbow right here, and then my wrist.
Speaker 1: So those of you listening, compound fracturings bone out.
Speaker 9: Of the skin, bone out of the skin my wrist as well, my radius right here. My olna was compounded at yeah, yep, correct, right here. And I actually have quite a bit of nerve damage, which it doesn't bother It's just numb skin, you know, it doesn't feel that comfortable, but.
Speaker 1: Just looks at it.
Speaker 5: Is that from uh that's from the bone coming out right here's nerve endings as it exactly. And sometimes it's not like I can do everything.
Speaker 9: My my my movement is good, but it's just a skin that's.
Speaker 5: That's a little irritated. I guess that's that's child's play. That doesn't really bother me.
Speaker 9: But I think the biggest thing was is the compartment syndrome right after from the impact, so my arms started swelling up in cords. Department syndrome is from a really heavy impact or trauma and then your mumustle start swelling and basically cuts off the blood supply. And when that happens and your muscle starts dying, and once your muscle's dead, you you can't you imputate your arms. So I was like right on that edge where that could have happened. So I ended up getting surgery. And because my wrist everything was sand paper like it was just shattered into a million pieces and dust.
Speaker 2: But when you're when you're talking about essentially your body making its own little tournique to cut off the blood blood supply pretty much exactly, how does that decision be made, like the like the surgery amputation, because you're obviously I'm assuming you got can cuss in that thing too.
Speaker 9: Like no, actually my head was conscious, never out, never, nothing had to be shocked.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 9: The crazy part is that besides this and down, I had zero pain, no nothing, no way.
Speaker 5: I wasn't even sore.
Speaker 9: I mean, granted, maybe I don't know if I was sore because that was taken off all my attention, but it was literally elbowed down to my fingers or to my wrists. Other than that, I was completely fine nothing, And which is crazy because that impact you know, it could I mean, it could have been shoulder, my chest, my sturnum, just because I absolutely it's like facing a wall, right, And you know, not all crashes are always and injuries are always that bad. You know, I've broken my both of my wrists before and gotten surgery on it, but not to this extent. You know, like you're out for for a couple of months or whatever, and that that's still heavy. But this was a whole Now, this was a career ending injury really, and that was so when I was in the hospital surgery was done that I completely kind of like dislodged myself from the sport a little bit because it was so far away if I was ever gonna be able to ride e race again, it was so far away, and I just I kind of just started even though I was in the hospital, I just started enjoying that being there comfortable, and like, am I gonna be able to race? I don't know, so I might as well, Like I started started unfollowing everybody from the sport, just like, yeah, it's the sport that I loved, and I kind of like I was a little mad, and like there was so many unknown questions. I'm just like, man, I need to, like I need to get away a little bit. You know, my parents came over, and my parents have been separated for a long time, but it was the first time in a long time that like we all felt like a family again.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: They came over and they were in Germany, So my entire family is in Germany. So when that happened, my wife, of course was constantly in contact with them. But it was just a really heavy time of a lot of information, and I hired my own therapist. Over two years, I did my own therapy, Like I was constantly once I was able to, I was constantly moving my skin to just get sensation and just started moving trying to.
Speaker 5: Figure out like like his brain has waves that basically tell your arms and legs where to go, and by touching it and feeling it, maybe even putting tape on it sometimes all the time, allow that purple reception to come back.
Speaker 9: I actually I laid in the grass for a little bit and started listening to David Goggins.
Speaker 5: That's kind of like when I found out about David Gagin. You know, I think he lives in brentwa He lives like right up the road oh really, Yeah, I didn't know that I heard.
Speaker 1: I don't know if don't fact check me on that.
Speaker 9: Anyway, Well, I started listening to this podcast back then, and that's when he was kind of just starting to like become noticed, and I'm like, oh, I'm gonna listen to this guy and.
Speaker 5: He's kind of like the one that made me.
Speaker 9: I flipped the switch, like where I'm like, I'm freaking doing this, and I just started hammering away.
Speaker 5: Basically didn't give myself any room for air.
Speaker 9: I told myself I was gonna come back and be the best writer in the world, and just every single day just grinded towards it.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I was at super early. Actually, I wish I would have waited with that a little bit.
Speaker 9: I started working out again, and like I had a StairMaster in my house with my arm up in the air, and I was just walking for hours on the StairMaster, and I'm like, why did I even do that? Because I was a year out from racing, you know what I mean. But at the same time, I had to keep myself busy a little bit. I wish I would have taken that time to like maybe not work out and kind of like actually take it as like, hey, maybe let's rest a little bit, you know, and this thing do its thing. But yeah, I just I started working full speed ahead, and I think it came with some other problems too. You know, I'm not the best writer in the world, but I feel like the reason I am back at the top level is because I charged after my dream pretty much full speed, hiring my own physical therapists and and even at night, I was just constantly moving it. You know, elbow is a pain in the ass to get range of motion back. Like my elbow I still can't lock it out, and my wrists are super stiff. But yeah, it's I mean, it's good now because I have just healed over years. Like I kid you, not three years later.
Speaker 1: I how many surgeries?
Speaker 3: Mmm?
Speaker 9: I think on my left arm was eleven or twelve. There were eight in the first three weeks. I mean, it was just constant. And yeah, I backed it up a year later with destroying my right hand and that was almost a career ending injury too.
Speaker 5: So there were just a couple of years of like shit.
Speaker 9: Going on, you know what I mean, And then it's been a really tough road ever since. But I'm in a good spot now and I'm starting to get older too, But I'm having more fun now than i I've had in a long long time.
Speaker 1: And that's ultimately what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Right when you when you say at the end of that sentence, I'm getting a little older too. Is there is there a piece of anybody who's able to play a professional sport, whatever category it is, and it always comes for them.
Speaker 1: Have you ever put that in your mind?
Speaker 2: Because at one point in our lives, all you thought about was I'm gonna do this forever. All I thought about was I'm gonna do football forever. But at some point it comes to get us all like father time comes and gets us. What are you know from a transition standpoint, not saying it's gonna happen anytime soon, but have you put any thought into that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean sometimes so retirement used to always sound so far away. I'm turning twenty nine tomorrow, so I'm not old by any means.
Speaker 2: But for our sport, a lot of the great so once you hit thirty, it's pretty much over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean all of it.
Speaker 9: We've we're kind of changing the stigma around the sport a little bit. Because everybody before us, the great they stopped at twenty seven, which is super early, but there's just a lot of there was a lot of stuff going on with overtraining and just getting burnt out and basically being over it, and I think we have all kind of tried to uh steer away from that and prolong our career because if I'm being honest, like I'm a little afraid of retirement, not gonna.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's a totally normal thing to do in general.
Speaker 9: I'm a busybody and I have a lot of hobbies and all of this, But at the same time, I've done this my entire life, and I'm just super scared of falling into a just have a big hole somewhere. You know that this sport gets tough, and does that do I feel like sometimes I want to be done with it, absolutely, But then to actually really pull the plug is a whole other story.
Speaker 5: But that all sounded so far away. But now like last year, you know, I wasn't.
Speaker 9: I was in a really shit spot, you know, with my with my health and just even mantis like I was so burnt out on everything and been with the same team for six years that wasn't working anymore by any means, and I made a huge change and followed my heart, honestly, like big time move, going with the progressive ex Or Suzuki team and the pious family.
Speaker 5: They have taken me in and we have worked full speed ahead.
Speaker 9: We were basically underdogs coming in the season and we ended up pulling off up until now we have a few podiums and we have one big win in Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 9: It was a lot of work, but my entire life changed from I feel like being stagnant and just standing in the same spot and being unhappy, pulling a big move and following my gut and just working towards it and kind of like re.
Speaker 5: Just restarting my career a little.
Speaker 9: Bit and my eager and just kind of learn how to just be badass again.
Speaker 5: And and I'm nowhere near where I want to be.
Speaker 9: But we we had it tough because it was the season was about to start. I made the switch, and I had three weeks on the bike and we had to do a lot of work to the bike and develop it more and more and more. We're the only bike with a kickstart out there, which is kind of cool. We've taken I've taken full advantage of it.
Speaker 5: I have fun with this.
Speaker 9: It's old school, but you know, I sometimes get made fun of in the beginning of the season when I was kicking my bike because I saw like I was bumming around on the track and I stalled it on the side like a dumb ass, right, and I'm trying to fight a neutral And at that point, I was still pretty new to the kickstart again. But I'm like, what's so funny? Like we have kickstarted bikes for longer than we have electric started it, you know what I mean. So I've just taken advantage of the situation. And we have a kickstarter, there's no denying it, and I have fun with it. So I make fun of myself. We chromed out my kickstarter at one point just to highlight it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And people love it.
Speaker 9: Like the support that we've gotten from the fans each and every weekend is so rad to see because it's it's totally different. We're we're pretty much privateer team, and we run a lot of dock parts with sponsors, of course, but we're doing our own thing and we're we're all pulling on the same string, and we do whatever is best for the bike and for a rider, that's all you want that, you know, I've been more on bad bikes in my career than i've been on really good bikes, and now simply because of when you're with factory. Team is a huge ego and you're always working in a little box and we tend to venture out left and right, throw the kitchen sink at the bike. And that's the only reason why we are where we are because that's how we found out a lot of things and we started learning. And yeah, we're just we're just all working in the same direction.
Speaker 5: And it's such a breath of fresh air. Yeah, you feel good about it. Absolutely. It seems like a calming feeling for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And because I'm calm when we're at least doing whatever we can to improve and then if it's not in our car, so be it. But we tried anything and everything, you know, and and not just me personally, but everybody else on the team.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that that's that's all I want.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: Results are always winning is of course I want to win.
Speaker 9: But they've had great rides or races where I rode better, and you know, finished on a podium a third or whatever and not one, but rode a lot better. And I'm content with that because sometimes you shit's out of your control, you go down on the start, you come back and you can finish a fourth, but if that's really important for the championship, you're not on the podium, but you had a hell of a ride. That's what I base my feelings off of. You know how much effort I am, the team I put in.
Speaker 2: When I uh first got this opportunity was Bitch reached out about Supercross and they were giving us an awesome opportunity to speak with you and they're telling me you're a fan favorite.
Speaker 1: What like, well, how does that feel?
Speaker 2: The kind of be the face of a of a massive sport and know that like fans have your back wherever you're going.
Speaker 5: It's it's the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 9: I mean, I I was en route to get a lot of championships, but it just with this injury and it just unfortunately didn't happen the way we planned. And I'm in content with it. I'm fine with it. I think we get thrown at ass only what we can handle. And even though it gets tough at times, right, But I guess I don't speak that about myself, but if people say that I'm one of the fan favorites, it's it's I'm honored, honestly. During this injury too, I've gotten so many messages of me helping people because I think that was right before I started like really kicking ass and what I wanted, even though the odds were stacked against me and it was a situation that could be super bummed about and just fizzle down the drain and make nothing out of it, but I decided not to and it helped so many other people that were in a shit situation as well. So even just that alone, you know, it made it all worth it. And I'm honestly just being myself. I've always been a kid that has been very open. I talk to anybody, I hang out with anybody. I'm an extrovert actually, so it made things a lot easier just because I can interact with fans. And of course when it comes to the writing side of things, you know, I like to have fun, throw whibs, do knack knacks, but race at the very very top level at the same time and just do cool shit like I feel like everybody or a lot of people tend to go like robots, you know, and this boor like it consumes all of us. Don't get me wrong, but I tend to have fun and do some freestyle stuff, free writing, and hang out with people from that are more in the freestyle world, and just entertain my people Instagram followers and everything.
Speaker 5: But it comes naturally to me.
Speaker 9: I have fun doing that, so when I can offer stuff to them and I get a lot of good feedback on it, it's super broad.
Speaker 2: It's a vulnerable place, being able to put yourself, especially on Instagram, sharing your story of being hurt, working through that, showing your process, but a lot of good things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing. Yeah, it's being transparent, and.
Speaker 2: Especially in the world we live in today, is one of the hardest things to do because so many people via social media want to take advantage of your vulnerability.
Speaker 1: Freeing though, Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 5: Because once you just live out there, there's really no skeletons that there's no there's no one in the back room.
Speaker 2: Knocking on the door saying, hey, the truth's here. You're telling everybody the truth. You're telling everybody how you actually feel good or bad. It makes you feel a whole lot better.
Speaker 9: I feel like people, or at least me, I get a lot more uncomfortable if I have shit piled up in me and I don't talk about it.
Speaker 1: Like I'm and people can feel that too, yeah.
Speaker 5: And especially problems.
Speaker 9: And it didn't used to be like that, but at some point I did, so when I talk to my friends or whatever, like I'm open about when people struggle, because I've been uncomfortable at times because it was all new to me, like just being uncomfortable and just mentally and just not in the right place and it's not a fun spot to be. And so once I once I started opening up to people, and it's just when people know, and it doesn't have to be strangers or anything, but like at least people around you, when they know how you feel and everything, it just made it made you feel like the understanding you're just not alone. Right, So I don't know, I tend to be more of an open book. And in the end, people try to hie and training and you know, I'm like, we're all do the freaking same thing. I just have fun with it. I post my workout, you know, whatever I do and I'm like, if people want to follow it, not everything works for everybody the same way, you know what I mean. So I've just I've taken that ego down and I've just started to enjoy it and let people in and people are appreciative.
Speaker 1: And it's cool. That's awesome. Man.
Speaker 2: I know, I know we're probably running out of time here, but I have one more question.
Speaker 5: If I am three five.
Speaker 2: Years old getting into dirt bikes and I wanted to see a blueprint of how to race and supercross, what is the what does the process look like for the individual just learning out about supercross and the process of how to get from an amateur to become at the spot you are now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I think it all has to start with fun and games. Like you, I think you can't force it, or I wouldn't want to force it. My son loves bikes of any kind, and for us, it all started off as fun and games and what's cool about it.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit I guess the amateurs here.
Speaker 9: I didn't really grow up racing amateurs in the US, Like I know, I've raced Loretta Lynz, which is the biggest amateur race there is every single year and it's about a week's worth of racing. It's kind of like the Olympics in a way, the week worth of racing from fifty cts meaning little dudes to thirty plus and yeah, Mini Olympics Florida. That was one of my first ones that I ever went to in the US. But it all start as funning games for me as a kid. And I think what my parents loved is the camping side of things us going to the races. And I made so many friends and we were not on our iPads or playing PlayStation. We were out building jumps and it all started as that. And you know, as I got better and better, we know, you start local, you mentor out and before you know it, if that's what you want to do, you hit some of the big time amateur championships I guess, which is many Olympics in Florida and Loretta lynz Is. I think everybody that has one tie here in the US, they have gone through the amateur racist like that.
Speaker 5: So that's awesome but fun. That's all I can say, is.
Speaker 2: No doubt that was It was truly my first passion in life, just getting on a dirt bike and riding.
Speaker 9: And we tend to forget to write, like when things get tough, especially once you once you do become pro and everything, and then sometimes you're like, man, like you're more you know, just uncomfortable and it doesn't feel right. But I have learned to let go of some things and really focus on the task at hand and and be engaged in the sport and find the fun again. And just that way you alleviate pressure off of yourself and you start doing better. So I think the biggest thing is you got to start with it being fun.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you coming on. Man, this has been awesome. Thank you be great to meet you. I can't wait to watch your race tomorrow. It's gonna be awesome. For those of you listening, please subscribe, rate five stars, and thank you for joining us on Busting with the Boys.