Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 3: Welcome back into the Miller Lite Dallas Cowboys Draft Show. Very excited we are one day away? Does this feel real now? Friends? I mean, this is like Holy Cow. It is the night before. It is like Christmas Eve for us, all the draft preparation, it is finally here Aisha Morrison with us. Here, Brian brought us, Nick Harris, I'm Zach Wilchuck Brian at somebody that's gotten to live this. Yeah, Now the Hayes inthebarn as you would say, or is there still some tinkering and maybe some nervous ticks, like we're gonna go ahead and still have some debates and conversations the night of Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think right now where it is is it's about the mechanics of the draft and how you feel like that maybe some of this might fall ahead of you and potentially what can come from the rear of the draft and I mean, you know, the guys down at the bottom, the Buffalo's, the Baltimore's, the Kansas City's, the San Francisco's. Maybe there's somebody in the top of the second round that's going to come diving up there, and you have to be prepared that if you're a guys sitting there, that there's a possibly that you might lose your guy. So it's very nerve wracking right now. But they're really just working on the mechanics of how this thing is going to fall, just like what we've been doing with mock drafts discussions. The pro guys are working the phones. You got buddies around the league that you really trust, and maybe they're not anywhere near you on the board, but maybe you got a friend of yours that a team that's say fifteen spots ahead of you, and you're like, hey, what are you hearing? Man? Okay, and then he I remember in a draft, the Marcus Ware Draft, I got on the phone with John Gruden, who was ahead of us at Tampa, and that's when John took Cadillac Williams, the running back from Alburn, and I asked John, I said, Hey, if you were to take a defensive player, who would you take? And he said I would take where. I'm like okay, and he goes. I think the only player he goes, The only player that I'm hearing defensively that people would trade up for in this draft is where. And so I was like, okay, that's great information. So yeah, you're trading a lot of information with your buddies. You're trying to get an idea what's happening behind you. Again, it's all very very important because you just don't want to get caught off guard that. Like, you know, you're sitting there, everything looks comfortable, everything looks good, and then all of a sudden, a curveball's thrown your direction and you have to be ready to adapt to change to did we work the phones enough to where we could trade back if we have to? So the board set, stack set, Uh, everything looks pretty up there right now. You just wish those tags would start glowing for all the Hall of Fame players, Yeah that are going to be in this class. But yeah, it's a it's an exciting time and you know you could sit back and take a breath, but you just want to make sure you have everything kind of buttoned up with all your details, all your notes, and then have your uh how have your scenarios ready if something were to happen.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get into some of those scenarios here with a little mock draft simulation kind of see maybe what happens around the Cowboys pick. But yesterday, of course we had the pre draft presser, Nick, you were there and you got to ask the question about, Hey, the trick you asked the only draft quick the trade back? I mean, how we feel. What were some of your takeaways from that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was we were able to get a draft question, and I was super excited about it.
Speaker 2: I know you were.
Speaker 3: I was just waiting the whole time draft calls.
Speaker 2: Get ready, Nick's gonna ask one right here?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, But I asked about, you know, not having those middle round picks, is there more of an intrigue towards potentially trading.
Speaker 5: Back if your guy is not there at twenty four?
Speaker 4: And Jerry Jones said it's very likely to have an opportunity to do that, given the right people left on the board or the wrong people gone off the board, and the right trade. Later on he said, really, there's a lot of variables here as to whether you'd go up or down.
Speaker 5: Obviously, we'd like to have some mid round picks.
Speaker 4: So you take that and you understand, you know, you know kind of where their board is, and you would have to you know, I guess a little bit from our point of view obviously, But for me, again, I still feel like if there's a certain handful of guys that are not there at twenty four, I think there's an opportunity to trade back. You look at Buffalo, you look at Kansas City, both of those teams potentially looking to move up and take a receiver. I think you could also look at Baltimore in that same sense, moving up to take a guy, whether that be a receiver or an offensive lineman. Granted, that would probably hurt the Cowboys, but they'd be able to move back six spots and still pick up some draft capital if they like multiple guys still there late in the first round. But the way it's it's kind of shaping up right now, and all the smoke that's kind of coming out out of you know, potential Day one trades is teams are either going to be moving up for receivers or they're moving up for offensive linemen.
Speaker 5: And if you are the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Are you comfortable letting a team move up to take an offensive lineman that you potentially would have taken if that means you can get more picks in the next couple of days. So you know, that's probably the conversation that they're having up there, and those are the things you weigh out. I think for me, I think there is a healthy handful of guys there in that twenty four to thirty five range that you can grab at any point and I think be comfortable with. Obviously you'd have some above others and things of that nature, but if your first round, if your first round guys are gone, then maybe you look into that and maybe look into doing that. For me, again, it's Troy Falton, who JC Latham and Graham Barton. If those three guys are off the board, I'm getting on the phone, and I think, as of right now, this is just my personal belief is Kansas City's the most likely opportunity.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is what I wanted to ask you guys, And we've did the We did the show where we traded back and we kind of talked about what you could get out of that. The threes and the fourth depending on where you get to handicapped teams that are more likely to trade up behind you. If you had to say Baltimore, Buffalo, San Francisco, Kansas City rank them, because I in my mind, I don't see the Ravens as a trade up team.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Ravens to me, have always had a history of they sit there and the best player falls right to them. As likes to talk about chaos. Ozzie Knewsim and that crew over there. The chaos. It's the old meme where the building's burning and everybody in the little little character standing there as things. It's okay, that's the Baltimore Ravens to me. But if I had to handicap the teams that could be super aggressive here, I don't know what an order I would put him in between Baltimore, San Francisco and Kansas City.
Speaker 3: I do think Buffalo is the team for me. I'd foret one Buffalo because I think you mentioned I think Brandon Bean likes that.
Speaker 2: I think you just too.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be shocked if we saw Buffalo get super aggressive. They try and go with Atlanta Falcon. Julio Jones ask like they say, Hey, we want Roma doun Za, right, we want one of these elite top three receivers, and they're trying to talk to move up into the top ten of this draft. I could see Buffalo pulling the trigger on something wild like that.
Speaker 6: I can see that as well, just because there's some pressure there in that organization with how they've not you know, risen to the occasion and obviously the loss of Stefan Diggs this offseason as well. To your point, Yeah, they very well could be trying to make sure they get a receiver in there to make sure they can continue to do what they want offensively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think, I mean, I don't know if you agree. I youah, I'd probably go Buffalo, Kansas City, San Francisco, and then Baltimore in that order.
Speaker 7: I would switch San Franco Kansas I.
Speaker 3: Would too maybe. I mean, I'm trying to just think back on when it's San Francisco really moved.
Speaker 2: They did a great trade with you. They drafted the safety that the year you took It's so funny, the year you took Travis Frederick. Maybe this is the deja vous moment here for your Dallas Cowboys. But uh, you know, being you probably need a center, and they were they but Dallas ended up taking Travis Frederick. They took a safety, my lsu safety. But yeah, so it was to me, I I think Kansas City. I would rate Kansas City over San Francisco on the aggressiveness meter. Buffalo I would put in there because you're right about Brandon Bean. Brandon Beans. Brandon Bean's attitude is like, listen, if I don't do something and we don't win, I'm gonna get fired. Eric Eric Reed's the safety was, yeah, there you go. Massive trade. They went. They went from the bottom of the draft to the middle of the draft. So uh, but let's see. I I just wonder what teams if I had to, I don't think Baltimore is the team, but I think all those other ones are in play.
Speaker 4: I'd go Casey one and two, San fran three, Buffalo four Ravens. And because it also has to work for both sides, and if it works for the Cowboys, it means that they have to pick up capital in this draft. You look at what Buffalo has. They don't have a third, they do have two fourths, yeah, and then they have a mid second. So I don't think that they would move off that second, so you'd probably be looking at either both of those fourths or a fourth and a fifth. That would be kind of the question there. For Kansas City first, second, third, fourth, fifth, fifth, seventh, so pretty straight down the line. For the forty nine ers first, second, third, and then three fourths, so that's something to keep an eye on. And then the Ravens first, second, third, two fourths, three fourths you said, yeah, three fourths for the forty nine ers, one in the trey Lance trade from the Cowboys their own pick, and then they got a competitory pick as well.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna give it back. No, they like, we already intog it. Why will we give it back?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, let's it would make it a lot easier to stomach, for sure.
Speaker 3: Right, let's look at some of the simulation here. What's going on around the Cowboys pick at twenty four. This stuff always kind of gets me giddy, especially in the day before the draft go ahead. This is this is interesting because you do have some sliding offensive tackles that we like here. Okay, so Fulaga Oregon State ends up going to the Bengals at eighteen fell a little bit. I think we're looking at him, maybe even going to the top ten. Yeah, eighteen, how about Troy Fountain Fountain Faltanu, the offensive ttack from Washington goes nineteen to the Rams. She got two tackles going eighteen nineteen. Right in front of you. Minnesota takes Power Johnson at twenty three. So there's a center off the board.
Speaker 2: I am. I know in that situation, Minnesota makes that pick. I said this yesterday and I believe it. I think this could be New England's pick. I think that might be somebody's pick at the when we start this day, I could see New England baling out of there on three. Yeah, I know that. I know they're talked about. Hey, you know, I just think that Minnesota someone's going to get a grad. Minnesota is, I think, going to get aggressive with that third pick if they can get it. I would if I was in Dallas's war room, I would be planning on somebody else picking ahead of me, other than Minnesota at twenty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chargers also have to be a thought. I think Broncos are probably a thought. There's there's a lot of I'm with you. I don't think Minnesota is picking at twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I think they're going to package both their picks move up. I think you make a good point about Newing.
Speaker 2: I just I just think you have to be again Elliott Wolf. You know this is Elliott's really the introim general manager of needs. Yeah, it has a lot of needs. He knows what his team is. He knows he has to have a quarterback. How far back can he go to get a quarterback? I just think if you're Dallas, you have to be ready for somebody else picking in front of you. Uh with other than other than the Minnesota Vikings. I think we would but go ahead and say it again. Offensive lineman, when did the when was the first tackle taken? Do you do you have that ability to tell me? Because we talked about when the tackle run what's going to start?
Speaker 3: It actually started at nine with the Bears. They told Olu Fishanu at nine he was the first tackle off the board from Penn State. Alt ends up sliding to fourteen in this simulation with the Saints, and then you had Mims go sixteen to Seattle, Filuaga eighteen to the Bengals, and uh Futanu at nineteen to the Rams.
Speaker 7: The first five is it wide receiver.
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 7: Is it amazing?
Speaker 3: Okay, You've actually got a pretty good selection here of guys to choose from. Byron Murphy out of Texas would be my highest rated player. Cooper dejene is there, the cornerback at Iowa. But then the two guys to the Cowboys. I mean we're assuming offensive line. J. C. Latham is still there from Bamo, which I know you talked to a GM buddy, so there's no way this happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. Yeah. The thing about it is my guy was like he when I mentioned the names that you know off to what you were talking about, the guys that you were holding. I gave him the three names that you like and Latham being one of them, and he goes, man, Latham ain't gonna be there for you guys. Yeah, I think so, he you know, And I'm like, I mean this kind of stimulation, I kind of redo the simulation.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is accurate at all. But you never know.
Speaker 2: That's craziness the draft, the craziness of the draft. But I think you have an idea. You're just trying to get an idea where this run might start and where are you going to be in the run. Are you going to you know the fact that it's I'm okay, you know with these I don't know about you guys, and I issue you've accused me of this, and you're absolutely right. I'm hell been on getting a center, I really am. I'm feeling the same way and I am hell been on that. And because I just feel like though that maybe that center can help me more right now than that tackle, because I just in my mind, I know, and Nick, I know this drives your damn nuts. I know in my heart I can move that left guard to tackle if I had to.
Speaker 5: It doesn't drive me nuts. I understand it. But it's just not my preference.
Speaker 2: But I understand I don't think. I don't think it's the Cowboys preference either. Yeah, I don't think it's their preference either.
Speaker 3: So in this situation, I think you're right. In terms of Latham, Barton and then Guidens, the best tackle left out of Oklahoma's those would be probably your top five options. That are Aisha Murphy out of Texas, Cooper Degene at Iowa, and then the three offensive linemen with Latham, Barton and Geidon.
Speaker 2: I talked to a team that kind of has an understanding what Jacksonville wis Jacksonville they had seventeen eighteen eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Jacksonville went with Robinson at a Penn State choson at seventeen.
Speaker 2: But I feel like rich. I feel like, yeah, some slander going on there. Uh the uh, it is a little rich. The uh Jacksonville. I was getting the hint or the whisper that they're looking at corner makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was even asked about your guye Degene. I was asked, I was asked about Degene, what do you think about him? And they? And but I I gave it. I said, you gotta take Mitchell. Mitchell's the guy got to take.
Speaker 3: And there was a little bit of a run on the corner.
Speaker 2: Arnold's gone. That's I know, you're on your board, on your board. Arnold would be the second guy. I think I got that right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I've got that flip. I've got Arnold one and Mitchell too. But Arnold was gone. In this simulation at twelve to Denver, They're gonna pair two Alabama corners there with certain and Arnold. That's pretty nice. And then you had back to back corners go with Mitchell to Miami. Nate Wiggins from Clemson ends up going to Philly at twenty two. But in this scenario, I think the Cowboys are pretty happy at twenty four with Latham and Barton both sitting on the board.
Speaker 5: Mitchell to Miami would be nasty. We go ahead, go ask question, Mitchell would nasty?
Speaker 2: How would you feel about Wiggins at Philadelphia? Would it be like, you know, Okay.
Speaker 3: That's one of those like pentthrows from me. I'm oh, that's fine with well, I'm not as high.
Speaker 2: I don't think that.
Speaker 5: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with Nate Wigans.
Speaker 6: It sounds so terrible, but Philly hasn't shown me they know how to really coach cornerback over there as of the last so I don't care because they got Sidney Brown over there looking christy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've had to go outside the organization, bringing Darius Slay, bringing Brad.
Speaker 7: Bearry tired, yeah, safety, Yeah, they've been.
Speaker 3: Any of the guys that they've drafted and tried to develop. You're one hundred percent right, that.
Speaker 2: Is not like it kind of like giants and the Giants and offensive lineman. Yeah. Yeah, they've thrown a lot of resources.
Speaker 3: You talk about players, we could be totally wrong about Wiggins. Is that guy? For me, I got a tow Wiggins. But a lot of people love Nate Wiggins. Man.
Speaker 2: They're scared of that one seventy three guys. Yeah, speed is real starting the speed is legit.
Speaker 3: Speed is his best attribute.
Speaker 2: Because a guy asked me in the league this morning, he goes, what do you think about Wiggins? And I'm thinking, well, he's won seventy three the guys, Yeah he is, And I go, but you know the thing about him is if he misses on the press, the way he recovers, the foot quickness, the speed and all.
Speaker 5: That he can mirror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that's that's the I think that's his saving grace right now, is that mirror, the ability to mirror right there. But we're but we're in good shape because in this simulation right here, Barton, okay and lath Power ranked the guys that yeah power, Oh you got Latham to Power ranked the guys that you have available?
Speaker 7: Oh many, Murphy?
Speaker 6: Who else?
Speaker 3: Latham? Barton Murphy did gene Guiton.
Speaker 5: That's my order that would be mine too. Yeah, that's my order there.
Speaker 3: And you guys know my affinity for Barton, but I've got JC Latham just a little bit higher than him on my stack.
Speaker 7: Who's the last guy?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: The last guy I put in was Guidon Oklahoma because I got Degene graded a little bit higher than Guiden. I don't have Guiden in the first I've got Guiden into the second round.
Speaker 2: Tackle.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's tough with Latham and Barton. I think that's what the war room debate ends up being, do you want and then Latham, I assume would be a guard to get over myself and there and for them, So I mean that comes down to, uh, do you want to go ahead and fill your center need with Ram Barton, who also has position flex.
Speaker 4: I don't think Latham would necessarily be like a home run guard though, like right off rip, I think they could go into OTA's going to training camp and see what he could do with tackle, and I think he could play left tackle for this organization. But especially if they feel like they can keep Tyler Smith where they want to keep them, I think Jac Latham could play left tid.
Speaker 3: I mean, I haven't spent a ton of time talking JC Latham because I don't think he's a realistic option. But you talk about, you know, adding both these guys. That's why I love them. The attitude, the toughness, the physicality. I mean, one thing I think we've all seen when you watch the Cowboys try to run the football. At least last year they struggled to get movement in the running game. Both these guys are helping with that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean what I did want to ask because Brian brought up you know that you feel like the uh, I don't know. Do you feel like tackle isn't as important as center? I do think we do have to look within our division and see what what is most team strengths and where they're really attacking you.
Speaker 7: You do have a quarterback that.
Speaker 6: Is able to be able to see in a vague pressure or whatever from.
Speaker 7: The tackle pans as well. Yeah, but that but the interior is the most concerning.
Speaker 3: So I like that view. So I think you're right. I think when you think about initially all three teams in your division, their strengths are in the middle. You're if you want to build your team to win the East, I think you want your interior offensive play to be better here, and that makes maybe Barton move up ahead of Latham in the conversation unless you're playing Latham at guard. Brian.
Speaker 2: See that's again, I Nick, I totally respect what you're saying about Latham playing tackle, playing left tackle. It's so funny because I'm not trying to get influenced this guy that I talked to scouts the Southeast and I've known him for a long time, and you know his His whole thing was about Latham was I don't think he could play left tackle, and I agree right tackle, but man, the guard aspect to him. I went back and looked at my stack from that what I was because I was curious about the players that were left out of that group. I have Murphy as the highest rated player.
Speaker 3: I do too. I've got Murphy's the ninth best player on my board. I don't know where you guys.
Speaker 2: But Murphy.
Speaker 3: But the problem for me is, and this is again, I got him at fourteen.
Speaker 5: Where do I have? I got him a seventh?
Speaker 3: So if we're not window dress on the board, we're taking best player. Yeah, But I just don't think they would be doing that. I don't think they'd have the converse station with Murphy. And here, considering you took Mazie lasts.
Speaker 2: Brought something up on one of these shows about what's the one thing that the surprise and yeah, are they going to take a three technique at twenty four? I don't think they will. But to me, if they did it, I can't do I can't kill him on it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the guy to do with. He's the best one in the class. Yeah, special rare player.
Speaker 2: But I just told you I'm dying for a sinner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, well, then yeah, let me throw a scenario on the table. If Byer Murphy is the best player on the board, they take that three tech. Talk to me, then there's there's a potential trade opportunity with a three tech that you might have on the roster for a later round pick.
Speaker 5: And I wonder if that's even a thought.
Speaker 4: And I know this organization is not high on on trading current assets and they haven't been for a while, but I think that's that's just kind of a draft scenario. You have to think about me personally, I think, ohso Digisy was a phenomenal three tech in this league, and I think he would be just fine being there for the next five, six, seven years. I think he has that potential. I think he has Pro Bowl potential. Sure, but you know, are you can you pass up a talent like that when it's staring at you. He's at twenty four, got you going backwards.
Speaker 3: I don't think it'd be tough to sell any of us on Byron Murphy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's fair, but you Yeah, we just lost half our listeners.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to hear us talk.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing again, that's why we're talking. You talk about if you draft, you're stacking it for a reason. Brian, I'm absolutely absolutely right about that. I will all say.
Speaker 2: I will also say this though, I've got that Powers Johnson right behind him, you know, I mean, I mean a couple of spots if you just this way, the stack fell for me. I man, it was funny because I asked that question because I wanted to see if I was the only guy, no and Gal that had Byron Murphy that high on on my stack.
Speaker 3: No, I've got I've got Murphy. He's a top ten player in the draft.
Speaker 7: Serious business, he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and he gives you he stopped not right on the way to.
Speaker 7: The quarter Listen. I'm just I am a fifteen so just let me make it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got in the highest at nine.
Speaker 7: But I just the idea of them trading away.
Speaker 3: From two of those linemen that we really like a lot, with Latham and Barton.
Speaker 6: I just think you can't take like in that position, you can't take away from right now, like you don't have nothing at DT.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you ain't got nothing.
Speaker 5: Just a thought, just a thought.
Speaker 3: Let me just throw one. I would hate it so with with three stud players that we like a lot. And I know we got to get to twitter on the Twitter some question real quick.
Speaker 2: So if Byron Murphy goes like at nine or ten, are we going to be a happy group?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because that means that because.
Speaker 2: It takes them out of our equation.
Speaker 5: I think that's just one more tackle on the board.
Speaker 3: Because this is a problem for us right now.
Speaker 7: Stressed, that's a problem.
Speaker 3: This is a stressful conversation. Washington gets on the phone here in this simulation, they say, all right, you guys want to back out of the first round. Here, we'll give you pick thirty six, and we'll also give you pick sixty seven in the third.
Speaker 5: That's it, just sixty seven.
Speaker 3: They're thrown in a seventh pick two twenty two. But they're giving you there two and they're three, so now you're adding sixty seven.
Speaker 5: I feel like you can get a better deal out of Kansas City there.
Speaker 3: Kansas City doesn't offer anything in that offer. Anything Kansas City doesn't now Houston does. Houston offers forty two in the second round, eighty six in the third, and then you can get an extra sixth round pick with pick one.
Speaker 5: Eight two is tough, tough to stomp.
Speaker 3: See, That's why I didn't. And the only the only trade offer to me that I like is Washington here.
Speaker 2: This is where okay, at forty two to Houston ms the the forty two to Houston that gets me my b YU tackle I believe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, potentially, but you'd be sweating it. You'd be sweating.
Speaker 3: Do you think Jordan Morgan can fall to forty two.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: You don't think so either.
Speaker 4: But if if Tennessee does not grab Joe Alt there in the first round, and they are going to be tackle hunting potentially there at thirty eight, you're also looking at New England potentially tackle hunting there at thirty four.
Speaker 2: I get on the phone to tell Elliott, Well, if you need to do something.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about Zach Fraser, West Virginia Center at forty two.
Speaker 5: You're Washington or not Washington.
Speaker 4: You're looking at green Bay potentially.
Speaker 2: Green Bay right behind you on green Bay. Green Bay is curious what you're going to be doing right now. As a matter of fact, my phone's blowing up about green Bay.
Speaker 3: Are the green Bay yeacause they know the Cowboys right in front of them probably going to take their guy. Yeah, I think they could be a fight for Barton right there.
Speaker 4: Really quick before we before we go to break couicksac. This was mentioned yesterday in the press or. It was a question. I forget who was from, and I forget how it was phrase, so forgive me here, but it was. It was along the lines of if if there is a same graded player on your board in TIERR versus tackle, how do you kind of juggle those two positions? Draft at twenty four. This is what Mike McCarthy had to say. He said, Hey, I think it's very important, but I think you just don't go too far. And I'm talking about our division games. I think the defensive tackle play in our division is.
Speaker 5: As strong as ever.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said I remember the answer so and so Latham and Barton, I think definitely they're in the conversation. They're over a guide from Oklahoma that answers the question. Okay, let's get to more of those Twitter on the twenty coming up. On the other side, here the draft show rolls on.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 5: Snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll love for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Laser Care Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and secure eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 2: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 8: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 10: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breaks, lunch, or anytime you want to much. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only a Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft.
Speaker 3: Showy okay, some twitter on the twenty about to happen here on the Draft Show. I do want to let everybody know about the awesome Cowboys Draft Weekend events. Of course, we want you to be plugged in here on the Draft Show all three days at Courtesivedallas Cowboys dot Com and one O five through the fan. But starting tomorrow you can come out to the Star in Frisco for the Cowboys Draft Weekend presented by Miller Light Party. Gonna start six thirty. You can enjoy live draft coverage, player appearances, live performances, and more than Friday, you can come on back Draft Night with alumni. Dallas Cowboys cheerleader appearances at the Miller Lighthouse. Then we're gonna finish strong on on Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor Scott and White Health. For more details, you can visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Draft. We're looking forward to that. We've had a lot of trade conversations and that's gonna be some of the topics here as we get into some twitter on the twenty Twitter on twenty and twenty A thank you Beamer. Okay, I had some questions about like double dipping on the trade scenarios here. I think this would happens. Yeah, we're we're getting that double dip cone, Like, do you do you see any scenarios because you gave us four or five different teams that are picking behind the Cowboys, and if you're in a situation where Latham's not there, which we don't expect, maybe you do get a run on the tackles. Maybe Barton gets higher in Jackson power shots, and maybe there's a conversation where he's not in the consideration there at twenty four. Do you double dip possibly move back twice in the first round. Is that something that is even a topic of consideration because Walker Davies ass can I interest you in trading back and into the top five of the second round because if you look at the last four years, that's kind of become a sweet spot of where some real stud players have been selected. Last year Joey Porter Junior, Samuel Porter, Samuel Porter get Steve Avilla, the TCU guard. Year before that you had Bryce Hall Petrie, the safety from Baylor. I mean this goes back where you get you sleep on it top of the board day two. Now you're gonna get some guys and maybe he still had some first round grades that slipped.
Speaker 5: I'm with it. I'm with it. I'll go far back as thirty five.
Speaker 4: That's maybe thirty you could tip me to thirty seven, but I'm okay with I'm okay with going back to the top five for second round because that probably means you're picking up quite a bit of capital.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, how many extra picks do you think you can get?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 3: If you move back twice, three to four. Think we're at in the third we're adding an extra second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends on where you're going to know, that's always the key, you know, of course you get you got to map it out, but also those teams you want to target teams that have extra picks, like you know, like the we try to trade up to the Chargers, They've got two, uh, fourth round picks, you know, so you know, we were trying to our two third round picks. We were trying to kind of find spots that, you know, team it's a little bit easier team with multiple picks to trade too, because they're more willing to part with one of those picks.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not saying I don't want to have I know we're just doing hypotheticals, but my brain can't go to.
Speaker 3: That fone for trade backs.
Speaker 7: We're in like a fairytale land, like yeah, if you can get one good one.
Speaker 6: But no, I think you bring up a really good point that that's kind of become a sweet spot, and that's a trend that we're kind of starting to see that a lot of teams are are starting to sleep on it and be able to do some things coming out Day two. So I expect I don't expect fireworks.
Speaker 7: I expect some sparklers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's possible. I mean, we had Chris who gave us a good diapathetical if Buffalo wants to come up for a receiver, you end up getting an extra four or a eight. Three does a team Mike Carolina or New England, Brian? Then I come up?
Speaker 2: Buffalo does not? Do we determine that Buffalo doesn't have a three? Right?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 3: Buffalo does not have Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Does not because I was trying to get one of those threes, one of those late threes.
Speaker 3: In fact, Buffalo, Yeah, Buffalo doesn't.
Speaker 2: Detroit's the team behind you that doesn't have they'd have to give you next year's stuff. They got nothing. The Ravens. The Ravens, we talked about them. We probably they're gonna probably sit. San Francisco is similar to what the Ravens would have. I think you pick up an extra three there. That's really that. But Kansas City's the one where you can potentially get the three in the four out of them. Okay, so you want to go back again? How far back do you want to go?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're looking at New England, what would that be forty two?
Speaker 2: That's actually thirty thirty four, that's thirty four thirty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so New England's there at thirty four. Now New England's got that pick one oh three, which is the third pick of the fourth round that I know is gold when you're talking about the start of day three, if you want to try and get that one as well, So that'd be an interesting conversation.
Speaker 4: You could also look at the Cardinals. They're at thirty five three third round picks. They got sixty six, seventy one, ninety, and then they have one oh four at the top of day three.
Speaker 2: So those aholl Houston's picks.
Speaker 4: The Houston pick is ninety, that's the seventy one is from Tennessee. I'm trying to that would that would be the Hopkins trade.
Speaker 3: I would assume, Yeah, Houston's got a lot of amo, man, because they've got pick eighty six they got from Philly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's real jealousy I feel for what's going on, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Houston's doing a good job this officer.
Speaker 7: No, I expect the Cardinals to be active.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mentioned that yesterday.
Speaker 6: I really just think they're going to be active. And some of the things they do, whether it's at pick what four or I'm twenty seven, they pick after us and we didn't we haven't.
Speaker 3: Really member and then they're picking at thirty five. I mean maybe maybe that's a move back. You pick up twenty seven.
Speaker 6: You have a twenty seven and a thirty five, Like, I don't again, I'm still learning all that those are.
Speaker 7: Those are pretty close together.
Speaker 6: You don't know if a team is like one and to keep those, I think they're going to be active in round one.
Speaker 5: I'm with you, Yeah, first year, Gm'm curious to see what he does there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's go to Adam Desuza, who asks us, in honor of Kyle Yeomen's and the marathon worthy pick, here's a player for us that would be marathon worthy if the Cowboys ended up selecting them at twenty four?
Speaker 5: Do you have a guy I'm not running a Maratha.
Speaker 3: That you'd run a marathon if they ended up taking them. But yeah, I started to really if that pick happens, yeah, that'd be because that guy to me, like I first watched him play, I'm thinking body type, that's a guard. But you see the nimble feet. He's taller than I thought that he would be when he measured in the combine. He is athletic enough to play tackle. I think he could play maybe all five positions. I mean, I think the intelligence is there to even play him at center in a pinch. But I think he'd be an excellent guard. But I think he absolutely could play tackle with the NFL level.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, Instead running a marathon, I'm going to be a big backed individual real quick, and I'm gonna flip it really quick. If Troy was picked at twenty four, I'll do that little waffle challenge where you have to be in the let's go the twenty four hour challenge. Twenty four hours so ever you want me to.
Speaker 2: The hour is.
Speaker 3: Taken off your sentence. Okay, but I like this Brian, Do you have one or do you want to co sign with Faltanutanu is the guy?
Speaker 5: Absolutely you joined me at waffle house.
Speaker 2: Okay, I might have to. I might have to. I'll tell you what though. It's uh, that's the great thing in the beauty of the draft. You just don't know if there's going to be somebody you feel like that. You do all this work and line these guys all up, and then maybe there's somebody that does you know, somebody says, well, no, we're just going to go with this guy. We like this guy a little bit better. But I would be super excited if he if he.
Speaker 3: I mean the leverage he plays, it's so natural for him, and his pass sets the quickness out of his stance when Beemer's rolling the b roll here in that National championship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're just saying it doesn't matter who the player is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and any player in the first round at twenty four that you'd be like, oh my gosh, this would be It's like the Ceede Lampick at seventeen. Nobody thought CD He's gonna be there. He ends up being there. Kyle runs a.
Speaker 2: Player you got the who's a player you really really want?
Speaker 6: I mean, listen, I uh, I would not I think how bad. I think Bauers in this offense could be very helpful. But I I was gonna say, just as a random player, if Jeene Bell comes here from FSU, I'm gonna find.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't think that. And again, we haven't talked.
Speaker 6: About we hate touched tight end.
Speaker 7: Why. I don't know. We ain't got no proven tight ends besides eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, friggy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were it's so funny yesterday they were talking about Stevens you know, Steven Jones. Yeah, was John Stevens.
Speaker 7: Fairness, they had plans for him, if you.
Speaker 3: Will, absolutely made the team before the injury.
Speaker 2: You're right about Bell by the way, jaheem Bell.
Speaker 3: Is an alien. Yeah, I know, I know, I mean, and he even put him anywhere you on. He is a ton of.
Speaker 6: Fun and when you talk about you know, we've mentioned some of the other gentlemen like that these teams are teams are kind of looking for that Debo esque type vibe guy, and I feel like he can do some of that stuff, even though he's considered a tight end. But as far as Stevens goes, if you watch the preseason, even some of the play designs were play designs.
Speaker 7: We never see no more. After he wasn't on the field no more.
Speaker 6: They were trying different things with him where they had him slipping and had him.
Speaker 7: In motion and stuff.
Speaker 6: Because he does have some receiver as qualities, and I know a lot of us were worried about is he going to be able to stand.
Speaker 7: In line and block.
Speaker 6: I think in the preseason he even showed that he at least had the effort to want to do that. And he's not super physically imposing, but he was a willing blocker when we got to see him. So I do understand that maybe they do have some upside or things that they think from Stevens and those guys.
Speaker 7: But I don't know. I mean, I wouldn't like later, maybe later maybe day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think maybe possibly, But I think it's one of those things like Bobby's talked about, you've got to trust the evaluation of Bobby belt. He won't come with trust you make Scooney.
Speaker 6: Right, are you ever going to be able to run the ball in twelve personnel?
Speaker 3: Well, if you can't run the ball in twelve personnel with Scoony, then you mis evaluated him, because what were we talking about this time last year? Scoon maker best maybe best blocking tight end in the drive.
Speaker 2: I'm the guilty one.
Speaker 3: If Scooney can't figure it out, then you know what we we just missed on the pick there.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go to court.
Speaker 6: But I think even the blocking is great, but I think the lack of receiving quality A man. Listen, there's a team that watches the same film you do and they see, yeah, that that's not happening. So he is right, like Bobby said, he's gonna have to take a step up or whatever. But it just gives me anxiety because you got you got a lot right.
Speaker 3: You got knocked off, you got knocked off the ball tight ends you need Fergie to improve, there'd be more consistent. You need schoon Maker around in the form of the player you thought he would be. But I do think with Stevens and Ferguson, you've got, yeah, you've got two guys there that I think can give you a receiving threat. But that's interesting. I mean, like Jared Wiley at a TCU, that's not a guy that can block, but you talk about Travis Kelcey esque perceiving threat, wildly special in that regard. I mean, if you want to get a receiving type of tight end, I.
Speaker 4: Just feel completely different about the tight end position. I feel like Jake Ferguson really took a step forward for last year to yeah, yeah, but take the receiving ability away. I'm talking about run blocker. I think he took a really big step last year. I think that kind of helped be able to bring Schoonmaker in once he came off that plane or Fascia. Granted, Schoonmaker has to be able to take a big second year, second year leap that needs to happen. But you got two receiving tight ends behind those guys, and Peyton Hendershot and John Stevens Junior. Sure you can bring in an undrafted guy to kind of elevate the competition in that room, But if they're spending a draft pick on a tight end, I'm I don't know. I feel some type of way about that. I feel the same way about quarterback or safety. I think those are the three positions you don't need to touch with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm okay with not touching it tight end. I think we could. I could argue for safety, we can talk about that.
Speaker 7: On the other side of no, no, no, I was going to say, I mean in theory.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 6: My point is that in this season, you really, this is a this seat.
Speaker 7: There's a lot weighing on the season.
Speaker 6: And to me, neither one of those gentlemen that you just mentioned, like Peyton Hendershot has been here. Well this is his third year, and I hend dog is my dog, you know what I'm saying, Like, I respect the player, but at the same time, we didn't what did we see him from him last year?
Speaker 7: I know he was injured.
Speaker 6: I know he was dealing with injuries, but what what he's what is?
Speaker 7: It wasn't It's not enough. It's to me, it's not enough.
Speaker 6: To ride on and be like yeah, for sure, and then I just I don't know, I feel differently about it.
Speaker 7: I do think John Stevens has.
Speaker 3: More of a potential upside.
Speaker 6: Oh absolutely, I think he has the opportunity to it because and I'm not saying that Peyton's not capable.
Speaker 7: We just ain't seen yet.
Speaker 2: I think I was more disappointed in hinder than Schoonmaker than I was Hindershot.
Speaker 7: That's fair.
Speaker 2: I think I kind of feel like I know what Hindershot is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I felt like that Schoonmaker was going to come in here and be a guy that when you put him at the point of attack in line, he was going to be able to work with either Tyron Smith or work with Terrence Steele, and they were gonna be able to control the edge and they were gonna be able to run the ball. They just couldn't do it with that man.
Speaker 3: I do remember Dalton Schultz. You know, the first year didn't go well. Dalton Schultz, is he going to be making the roster into a Pro Bowl tight end for you. Trust you know, I'm I'm over Eileen with you.
Speaker 2: Nick.
Speaker 3: I don't think you have the luxury to spend a pick on a tight end with all of your needs. But sixteen maybe okay, let's go ahead and step aside. When we come back. Who's a player that you would pound the table for that maybe we haven't talked about. Let's give some guys some love that haven't been getting it. That's next on the Draft Show.
Speaker 12: All right, Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahead, Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 10: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see check.
Speaker 12: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you, hood Hoot.
Speaker 8: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator, and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 5: The press scout who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped flipt He'll.
Speaker 3: Look full a first down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 11: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you.
Speaker 3: What's that sound.
Speaker 10: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or Fatalia bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King. The official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, my goodness, it's here. This is our final segment before we jump on the ear tomorrow night. Let's get the first round of the NFL.
Speaker 5: It just hit me as soon as you said that.
Speaker 3: It just hit me as dreams like re joiners up.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Of course, we love you and we appreciate you rocking with us throughout this entire thing. I know there were so many Twitter questions that we weren't able to go to because we all just end up having so much fun talking and kicking around all these hypotheticals. Of course, segment brought to you by for your Texas for dealers, for it is the best in Texas. I did want to ask you, guys, these these two positions. Then we'll get to players that you could pound the table on. But you brought you brought tight end up. Okay, safety an edge. Safety was a position Brian, you brought up in our group chat a couple of days ago. Edge, I usual you brought up today. Out of those two positions, where would you be comfortable taking one? Nick? I know for you, safety is not one you want, So you can you can start off with edge and who is a player that you'd be hyd.
Speaker 4: So if you're you're probably looking there on day three at edge. Man, if you pick up that fourth round pick and you're able to get Jaylex Hunt, oh man, I would be I would be a j I'd be all in on that. I'd have a party in here on Saturday. But if you're looking more realistic with the picks that they do have right now, let's see, let's let's take a look at this.
Speaker 5: These day three guys.
Speaker 4: I think I think there's a potential that you look at Gosh, Braden McGregor out of Michigan. That's that's kind of a guy. Brendan Jackson out of Washington State. Let's go Xavier Thomas out of Clemson just because he's he's more of an athletic. He's more of an athletic, twitch, twitchy guy. Like he doesn't necessarily have the size, but he has that bend that can kind of get under under some offensive tackles. He was originally a top recruit in the class of eighteen, I believe, which was my high school class.
Speaker 5: So it's six years ago.
Speaker 4: He's been he's been in college, so he's he's been around the game a while.
Speaker 5: He brings a lot of experience. I think it's it's a product, you know what you're getting.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't think he's going to be an eventual starter, but I think that is a good replacement to bring in if you're looking for a guy to kind of fill that Dante Fowler junior role in the sense that, hey, we just need to be able to rotate a body in on a passing down, to be able to go be athletic on third down and be able to attack the quarterback.
Speaker 3: It's funny that you run up Thomas. When I watched it, I'm like, man, I wish I could take his bend and put it on Brailan Trice out of Washington, and then you'd have a first round edge right there. That would be amazing. Okay, Brian, if you want to take edge safety both, whichever you prefer, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to tell you about an edge named Gabriel Murphy from u C. L a Is. So I'm going to take this guy. This guy's a transfer from North Texas, by the way, might be a little undersized to play, but his strength his hand use is impressive. The coaches move this guy around up and down the line. They find spots for him to rush. He made a play as a three technique in the USC game with a really nice quick move that beat the guard tackle and made a tackle behind the line of scrimmage, the first step that Ayisha likes a lot. He's got explosiveness, he's disruptive in the running game, and he's got flexibility to bend off the edge. He could stay connected to the action. You don't see him kind of get knocked out of the play or pushed wide. Everybody talks about law to you. Gabriel Murphy on the other side made his share of place too. So if you're looking for one of those Day three edge rushers at six two two forty seven, Gabriel Murphy is your guy. I mean he can, he can rush the passer, and I know we could play run defense. A little bit of completeness to his game.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. It was great at the East West Srian bold Nick and I know him pretty well. Bishop Lynch playing there with his twin brother. You mentioned going to North Texas Cob Baby and then makes that transfer Aisha safety edge. Which side you want to go with? I know we were talking about a player that I'm happy to discuss unless you want to take him.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna let you talk about it because I'm gonna talk about a couple other guys. So for me, when you look at that Day three situation, I look at Cedric.
Speaker 7: Johnson edge out of Old Miss big time.
Speaker 6: As they move him like you said, like you mentioned with Murphy, they move him all across the line. He can do it in multiple stances as well, so it stands out. Sometimes you see him with his hand on the dirt, sometimes he's just staying and he has good he has good strength and balance. I like the backs of a side pursuit from him. He rushes with speed to power. He has a couple of swipe and rip moves. He's very tall in his stance, so sometimes sometimes I do think he can lose his footing and play too tall. But I do think that if he just plays under control, a little bit more control, he has crazy closing speed and just develops a little bit more discipline with his speed. Because he's such a his body is so sixty to fifties crazy. So I think that he still is trying to figure out some of the balanced parts of things. But I think he can be a good edge in this league with a little bit more discipline. I also look at what you talk about safety. Hey, hey, man, I watched Malik.
Speaker 2: Mustafa right in front of him.
Speaker 7: What a fune watch you enjoy him?
Speaker 3: I know what safety you like, and Ustafa is certainly of your eyes, like, Yeah, him and Jayden Hicks, they've got that about him. Jaden Hicks to me, is like a little Troy Paula Mali.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he has some flex I think playing some free safety as well. But this is a strong safety. Yeah, he's crazy as a blitzer. He has good been to an evate lieman when he's blitzing as well. He's constantly reading the QB's eyes and he can get I do think he can get.
Speaker 7: A little girls downhill, would you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But he can run.
Speaker 6: He covers a lot of ground. He's very scrappy. He makes plays in the run game. He's active, and he has read and reactability that you are looking for from a safety. Malik Mustafa is I would love to have him on it on your team.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The last line in my notes was this guy has the right temperament for the position and who will make someone look smart who drafts him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's a player.
Speaker 2: This guy is a player.
Speaker 3: He is. I'll go with the safeties here. I do think late rounds and maybe even undrafted free agent like Ryan Watts out of Texas and the Cowboys got a good look at traits Wise. We talked about Dominie Campton at a Washington guy I did like a lot like traits Wise. Late in the draft. I'd consider safety as early as fifty six for me, because there's a player that I love and I've talked about him early in the draft, and there's two. I consider Jayden Hicks there at a Washington State. I think he is absolutely fantastic, quick, aware, explosive downhill. I think he can be a special teams guy. I think he's like a Harrison Smith Troy Polamal, whose style to his game that Mike Zimmer would absolutely unlock magic with. But to me, and this is a dude that I'd stand on the table before every day, I've got a first round grade on him. I might be the only draft person in the world with the first round rade on him. I don't care he's being slept on, like Antoine Winfield Junior was a couple of years ago, but it's Shavon Bullard out of Georgia, saw action as a freshman at Uga, named defensive MVP of the National title game against TCU and the semifinal against Ohio State. He'll thump you. He's super physical. He's a guy that'll throw his body around, can come down. He'll cover the slot sideline to sideline. He has a play versus Tennessee. He gets beat up the seam, but he reads the receiver, puts his hands up to break up the pass. He's one of those guys where it's just he's got a feel. He's got innate instincts and feel for the game. Short area of quickness. He's got recovery speed. Maybe that lacks a little bit when it comes to just straight line speed covering, you know, the deep half of the field. But I love Javon Bullard. I know he's undersized and some guys are gonna knock him for no, you.
Speaker 2: Know who this is. This is Jalen Peatree. This is Jalen.
Speaker 7: Peetrie for You're gonna say.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this this is him. This is this kid is flying around all over if you want to, if you want to, you we talked about Petrie earlier, so I think you brought his name up. Kid from Baylor in twenty twenty two that draft. This kid's got the same kind of I love them traits. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I stand on the table for Bullard there at fifty six. If you're wiped out, there's not a lot of players that you love, I'd go for it there. Okay, I know we got to show following up after us. This has been a blast really quick.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, yeah, we have a new highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Did we just get something happened?
Speaker 5: I'm and Ross Saint.
Speaker 4: Brown four years one and twenty million, seventy seven guaranteed. Uh, the one twenty is the most, seventy seven million guaranteed is the most, the annual value is the most. So the her market has been reset once again.
Speaker 2: Turned to a year. By the way, I'm sorry, quick.
Speaker 3: Math, I need you to hurry up. We've got another show that's coming in.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 5: What does that turn to?
Speaker 2: What a year? What is that? A year?
Speaker 5: That would be?
Speaker 4: That would be thirty a year. So that's it's at more than one twenty. So I assume it's going to be right right above Tyreek Hill's number. So he is the high I was told.
Speaker 2: That the tyreek Kill number really in reality is.
Speaker 5: Like twenty seven is twenty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh five?
Speaker 2: Interesting instead of thirty it's twenty five.
Speaker 3: Well, if you heard the pressure yesterday, certainly uh ceedee lamb. Paying attention to that, and there'll be conversations. We'll have you all three days. This is going to be a blast. Will be on the year at six o'clock tomorrow. Dallascowboys dot Com one O five through the fan Night one of the NFL Draft. We look forward to hanging out with you all three days. Until tomorrow. I want to do it legs and hand pounds everybody.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.