Speaker 1: No, showed the marriage, good ambiance and a nice lighting.
Speaker 2: What that means.
Speaker 1: That means all nigg got to do is take you out to a nice spot and you're just going what everything you said you ain't gonna do.
Speaker 2: That's a lie.
Speaker 3: That's a lot and a lot of niggas. That took me to a lot of nice spots. And he can't ain't couldn't sniff my draws at it to night. I mean you got the wrong Oh what you mean, Oh for me to drink? Oh, you don't take much. But she went right to because I thought she was. I thought she was talking about something else. So what the fuck is you talking about? Oh yeah, you're talking about to get me to drink.
Speaker 2: Oh it was take much, thank you baby. Right amount of light that's all I was talking about. It's all I was talking about, the right amount of lightning. Baby. Do you prefer to be like mute, like dark lighting, or like you like a light lighting on a date? Yeah? I like I like really low kill the flicker, like the flicker.
Speaker 3: Flicker of the light, like them off to a flame, burned by the fire.
Speaker 1: We're back Sponsored by Boost Mobile Unlimited Texting and Janet Jack Janet Jackson fairly.
Speaker 2: Just because I'm not I'm not doing this for baby Jane.
Speaker 4: Kind of a with that poetry, though, yeo, I'll never forget that video. So as long as I live gives you two, you don't need to forget. And Janet had her stomach out.
Speaker 2: My love is blind. I don't even know, y'all was too young, ya, don't, y'all don't know how that? Really? I wasn't born. Yeah, you wasn't born when that video came out. Damn. I feel you wasn't born. You weren't even on this earth yet. Damn swinging in a sack. That is baby, That is wild.
Speaker 3: It came out the year I was born, so I don't think I was born yet.
Speaker 2: He was on your way though. It spawned me, It literally spawned me.
Speaker 1: Hey, I could believe that everybody was humping to that. Oh doom, doom, doom, doom.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, y'all, don't Janet.
Speaker 3: That Janet y'all released actually was released April nineteen ninety three, the year before I was born, A year before I was born.
Speaker 4: My damn, have they ever done a Janet tribute?
Speaker 2: Of course they have? Who called me from Ghana? From Ghana.
Speaker 1: Oh they got your scam, got your daughter. That's why you gotta get Booze. That would never happen. That would never happen. If you have a Boo's baby, they can never get your data.
Speaker 4: See all right, since you're like the biggest Janet sting, I know who'd you want in the Janet tribute? Who are worthy? Because that one's tough too. They've had Janet tributes though, yeah, I think they. If I remember.
Speaker 1: One's child doing one, I think it was was of course worthy. Was it the Hall of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or forget? I think it was one of those which which record.
Speaker 3: Usher pink in Maya. I remember that one. I like that list that was the Icon two thousand and one Usher pink in Maya.
Speaker 2: Which one was Destiny's child?
Speaker 1: Let me say, because they definitely they definitely did a tribute to uh Beyonce one year, I mean to Janet one year.
Speaker 2: You know how well they.
Speaker 3: It was the two thousand and one, It was the Icon, it was Icon one. They sung less wait a while, Okay, yep, that was a thousand and one that was m TV yep, okay, I my perfect Janet Jackson tribute would be Sierra, Victoria, Monet, Tianna Taylor.
Speaker 2: You're talking about like all the Janet's daughters, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Her kids basically, Yeah, but I'm trying to taking.
Speaker 4: Her attribute to Janet would be fire.
Speaker 2: She would go crazy. That would be amazing.
Speaker 4: She would go crazy. Oh yeah, Tiana would That makes so much sense? Yeah, I like Victoria there which which which other girlies are really good at dancing?
Speaker 2: Like the way Victoria money. I don't give her props.
Speaker 3: Nash, Yeah, I don't give thee about about They said Tash the only I retweeted the tweet I said, Tanashi is.
Speaker 2: The only be your Chris Brown is crazy, Like she's the only.
Speaker 3: Light skinned girl to not to not benefit from like light skin privilege, like what icon like what a truance setter?
Speaker 1: Like she's not that ain't true, it's way it's a whole bunch of license girls that ain't.
Speaker 2: But she's like actually talented. It's just it never stuck. I don't know why. I don't know. I can't. I can't figure that one out because.
Speaker 4: They tried to make her so many different pop girls, like when one song didn't work, she never had a real identity, like no one could really. I feel like, uh, connect to who she was, like the way you can with Rihanna, et cetera. Like they just tried a bunch of different sounds and like fill in blank here pop star. I just don't think it ever because they gave her every shot you could have, and no.
Speaker 2: Everyone was just like, nah, we're cool. Doom Doom ship. Have you guys seen the Michael trailer? Yes? Yeah, didn't we talk about that.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure the first might not have been here ye at work. No, I am excited for that. But anyways, we are back, and I do want to give you guys a health update if I drop dead. I've had vertigo since Saturday morning and it has not gone away. I'm going to go to the doctor on Friday. Oh you got to sleep with your left leg hanging off the bed. It's your left leg, I think.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, you're being for real. Yeah, look it up, well for real, because it's just your balances, like you know, I mean, that's all it is. I think I've never had hanging off the bed or something like that.
Speaker 4: I've never had vertigo before in my life, and it's it's it's been constant for the last few days.
Speaker 1: Vertigo can be managed by resting in a dark choir that Rory can't do that dark quiet room and avoiding sudden head movements or bending over keyringies include apptly maneuver, repositioning crystals in the ear, staying hydrated, reducing stress, and limiting alcohol.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go, stressing alcohol tc and get rid of those two things.
Speaker 1: Lie down, Lie down immediately when dizzy preforeally in dark choir room, produces avoid wrapping head movements positions. Sleep with your head slightly raised on two more pillows. Okay, yeah, it's you can definitely like, you can definitely get rid of that.
Speaker 4: But I'm proud of myself for admitting it out loud because I wanted to tell people. But I don't know why my insecurities make me feel goofd like vertigo, Like, yeah, I got vertigo.
Speaker 2: That's mad gay, Like why you ain't not balance loose walking as oh, wobbly neck ass, like you can't even keep your head ro man.
Speaker 4: Complaining his balance he dizzy over his son, dish like I feel like that, that's that's a valid for a girl to have, Like if your man told you he had vertigo.
Speaker 2: Like get away. You can't. How do you gonna leave me? You don't even know what direction you walking in?
Speaker 1: Like you can't even you're not even balanced in your life, Like how you know I'm saying, how you're gonna be balancing this relationship?
Speaker 2: Like, but how long you had it? Two days?
Speaker 4: Saturday morning and Saturday that's going away?
Speaker 2: They have you guys should get like ear drops too.
Speaker 4: So I took I haven't taken melotone in like years, years, years. So I took Melotona on Friday night, and I thought when I woke up, it was just like I was like just kind of like all fucked up stilts, Like you know, if you drink niquil and you don't get seven hours of sleep, like you just feel fucking weird. So I thought it was that, and it just hasn't gone away. And I haven't taken any melitonin since. Okay, but yes, it's been fucking me up. Yeah, this is a bunch of like home remedies that you can do.
Speaker 3: Thought rid of that, that's going to dinner on Thursday to help or well Monday when we went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at that point, I didn't have vertigo. I was just drunk. And couldn't.
Speaker 4: Oh, I couldn't walk correctly.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's not vertigo.
Speaker 4: Maybe you used to the vertigo came before that.
Speaker 3: Okay, then Rory got drunk on accident.
Speaker 1: But listen, baby, this is why. Well, technically you did drive January, so January I did. But February what was that second? You went right back to the bottle. Are you okay?
Speaker 4: I'm fine, but you're supposed to wait for Coal. I was supposed to be honest. She betrayed Coal if anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I'm sorry, Jamaine. That's what he's focused on right now with release, like he.
Speaker 3: Liking out of everything that happened to me. Yo, Demeriz betrayed me, Like this is my thirteenth reason. No, I did go back, right, I went I needed a martini.
Speaker 2: That sounds like an addict. I went back.
Speaker 3: I went back to the bottle. I needed a martini. The crazy shiit was, I think I was just really craving olive juice. I didn't need the vodka that came with it, Like, I just really wanted some olive juice.
Speaker 2: Whatever drink she had was delicious, though.
Speaker 3: Oh the one I had with Rory was called a side chic not side chick side cheek.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it was made chicks fifteenth called themselves cheek side cheek? Is that like a play on sheet loots let from She's like like, ic okay, got it? I thought that was like chic side you know, it wasn't a locks themed bar.
Speaker 2: Okay. No.
Speaker 4: I thought that was a cool phrase. Now that side chicks like could be more empowered. I'm not a side chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was.
Speaker 3: That was a good cocktail that we had. And then I had a couple of glasses of sanceter because me and Rory were running our mouths. And what I've realized is through drinking, the majority of my heavy drinking comes from not paying attention to the fact that I'm drinking.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Like I'm just over here yapping and they're like, you want another on a I think you're about.
Speaker 1: To say to it because she was not paying, well, she didn't pay it there, yeah, oh no, women that when people when they don't pay. Do you think people think we split the bill if you went out, if you and Rory went out to eat, I can guarantee you nobody thinks you picked up that bill.
Speaker 3: But it would be whatever okay, my point, whatever, my point, I would even when I was broken, we would go out. Did you ever pay it? I've bought in you something before. It was probably my thirty name. I bought him a drink before. Roy used to come to my bar and drink for free.
Speaker 2: He would just hip me. That's a fact.
Speaker 4: But that's how it's supposed to go. Yeah, if I know the ball tender, she ain't charged me for the drink. Yeah, those are the good days too. And that location was perfect.
Speaker 2: Around the quarter from here over at l e s.
Speaker 4: Shout out the Essex, shout out thesex. It was in close proximity to everywhere I was going. I could pregame there for free, annoy her, get loaded, and then go lett a woman take loaded the Let a woman take advantage of you.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, My point is when I'm talking tomorrow, I was telling them all that I'm I think I'm going to take a break from drinking again. It's what I realize is when I drink, there's all these feelings that.
Speaker 4: I have and you think that you think that's olive and vodka's for right, Yeah, like I don't. I'm soges No I'm for real, Okay, okay, so boom right. I'm a feeling person. I have big feelings. I feel things very heavily. But when I drink, the actions start listening to the feelings. Like when I'm sober, the actions listen to like my common sense, my ego. But when I'm drinking, the actions be listening to the feelings. And then I start tripping, and then I have a reputation for like tripping, and it's like, yo, why is she tripping? And it's like, I'm not like this when I'm sober. So I decided I don't like that. I don't like that feeling. I don't like waking up in the morning, like why the fuck did I call that person? I don't even like that person. I don't like that feeling. So I'm cool.
Speaker 2: So it's not that alcohol.
Speaker 1: It's the fact that you started to actually no calling somebody that you shouldn't have called the time I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking about in the grand scheme of things, not the last time I went drinking with Rory.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so you should stay off the bottle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I want to have better control over like because I do like I do, And that's This is not even a romantic thing. This is like my friends, my family, like everybody, like I just I don't know. I guess I hold shit in and then the liquor had and I'll be like, yo, remember Wednesday when you says some smart shouldn't I.
Speaker 2: Let that rock?
Speaker 4: What was that? Like?
Speaker 2: I don't start doing that sober math. Yeah, you start thinking about shit.
Speaker 3: You be sitting in the corner rocking, Like I'll text my sister like, yeah that Thanksgiving like you said that one shit, like in front of g like you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, Why you do that? Like stay off the bottle bit, which is crazy.
Speaker 4: I think that happens more like in your thirties because life has traumatized you. In your twenties, usually the drunk you do the I love you drunk shit like you love everybody. It's all positivity, like yo, you know you're my man, like you know all that that drunk shit. When you get to thirties and life has abused you a bit, the alcohol turns on you and you take all resentment out be a text to somebody that may not deserve it.
Speaker 1: So you're back on no drinking for February. I'm just going to do because you know, y'all got the women, y'all this year a month.
Speaker 2: Right here it is glass of wine. I'm with my day. I'm with Valentine's Day weekend.
Speaker 4: But like I was going to try to get a babysitter for for Thursday night for coal, Like, we're not We're not having a drink for coal.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll have a drink for Cole.
Speaker 4: We're not staying up till midnight. I'll have a drink for coal. I have a couple drinks for coal. I bought a whole new soundbar just for the fall off.
Speaker 2: Oh, like here, I mean we can yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 4: We can do a coole party. I mean the track list just drop. And I want to start by saying I can tell just by the track list it's already a classic, just by the way he named the songs.
Speaker 2: I can tell this this is a classic. All right, Well, let's let's run through it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm because this is a big this is an album that we've all been waiting for, and now we got the track list, so let's let's go through it. Let's let's read the track let's try it. He didn't give us no features though correct. We don't know that he could just not list the features in the in the track lists. God people have done done before.
Speaker 2: We don't know there.
Speaker 4: But he did explain the concept and everything. I will say though, like anyone that names the record safety Classic, I can tell m.
Speaker 3: Okay, my prediction is that one disc will have features and one won't.
Speaker 2: That's just gonna steal my my predictions for and one won and one won't. I don't know if I like that, but okay, literally made that prediction on this Run a Train is an interesting title. Run a Train. Nobody wants to stop and talk about that one? All right? Why that is hilarious? More all right?
Speaker 4: So he put out like and then right after that, poor thing, we look right there and after you run a train on a girl, her legacy is ruined.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, But let's start with the one before running train safety. So he's wearing the comments. So we got that keep it safe, run a train, but safety first, I got it. Okay, Before that, it was either two to six guys.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, no's what's kind of funny about the run of train. Shit is the concept Disc twenty nine and just thirty nine The first one is mainly about those college days driving back to North Carolina, which he explained similar to the Come Up, his first project. So when you are talking about college days, it is kind of nuts to have a song called run a Train.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong by pointing out, Yeah, I might go straight to that one. I just want to hear what run the Train is about.
Speaker 2: Like, I think I'm gonna go straight to who the fuck is you? Who the fuck is you? Okay?
Speaker 3: Because if he get on my get off my dick, like hear him, I get up, get off my dick bag.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna go crazy.
Speaker 4: I think that might be the one that was playing during the credits in that one snippet is the last one on them.
Speaker 2: This twenty nine is that's called Lonely at the Top.
Speaker 4: Lonely at the Top of Yes, that's that's a six minute Drake disk.
Speaker 2: He's a bonus. You couldn't help yourself, could you. It's a bonus. I think it says at the bottom bonus. Is that what it says?
Speaker 4: But I don't understand what makes it a bonus. I don't understand that now bonus records back in the day, like certain CDs you bought like and would get one bonus record that the States wouldn't like.
Speaker 1: Why is it a bonus because it maybe doesn't fit the track list? Yeah, I don't get wise labeled as a bonus, but okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well either way, it's it's twelve records on about this, So looking at twenty four, it's a lot of coal music. I am excited. I hope he doesn't get another lawsuit for this back cover though, because that is a lot of photos that are licensed and copywritten, and the album covers like they're kind of blurry.
Speaker 2: Though now I could sell that's Badcgul love that album.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorites, fifty right next to me. What's funny is all of the ex Rockefeller members are going to start suing J Cole in unity.
Speaker 2: Is this the official? Do feel like this is the official? Arg It was just just for social No, he said.
Speaker 4: Back cover, This was photo of his bedroom when he was fifteen, and then he shot all this his concept. I do actually really like the backup. I think like it, and I am joking with the you know font making it a classic, but that stuff is important. Very rarely do you have a classic album that has very shitty artwork. It's happened, but now I love her again. I think that might be the wane. What if, oh god, I love her again into what If?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: I know what what if is already? What if? Come on, Jermaine, don't do this, man, don't just just give us the music, bron help yourself.
Speaker 1: All I said was don't do this. I didn't say nothing else. All I said was don't do this. I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm not just saying what if?
Speaker 3: Do we know? What do we do? We kind of feel what that's about. I feel like, what if I love her again? Into what if? I feel like it might be related to something else. I don't think it's related to I don't. I don't think there's a concept of what if I participated in the beef. I don't think giving I don't know what would have happened, because that that would actually even piss me off.
Speaker 2: I turned in the mall if that was the case. I'm just saying I don't think he.
Speaker 3: Wrote like the ojay version, like yo, like I didn't kill her, But if I did it, like I didn't, you know what I'm saying like, I don't think he does that on this album.
Speaker 4: I mean he did sort of take Mall's advice here, even though Demarus let him down the villist instead of the illist. Like he's not saying he's the list, he's just the villaist. He found a loophole in your argument. I'm just trying to bait you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, okay, not baiting him. I'm let me, let me, let me, let me lay that down. Come Monday. Don't bait him and don't come in here on no bullshit.
Speaker 2: What you mean? Yeah, wait, once the album drops, don't.
Speaker 3: Bait him into coming here and here on bullshit and don't come in here on bullshit. We're gonna come in here. We're gonna be on positivity.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna be on whatever I want to be on after this. I listen to this album. If this ship is trash, I'm gonna say it's trash. I don't think there's a world where this is trash.
Speaker 4: But I mean, yeah, I'm coming here for positivity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not coming here looking be negative like I'm not that person. But I'm gonna be honest it. I'm gonna just be honest, like I'm looking forward to this album. Like, but I know people try to say, paint this native, I don't like cold.
Speaker 2: It's not true.
Speaker 1: I've been looking forward to this album. We finally getting it. I'm just saying, I'm just, you know, want to listen to it here, and I hope the music is amazing. We know the rapping is Ja Cole, he can rap. I'm more so concerned about what does the music sound like?
Speaker 2: That's my whole thing with stuff, the production, you know, the hooks, the content, Like what is what does it sound like? You know what I'm saying, What did he do? Like?
Speaker 1: I'm not the bars, I'm never I'm never ever questioning Jake Cole's.
Speaker 2: Ability to rap.
Speaker 1: He can rap, but the music because I know he made changes, you know what I'm saying. We obviously know he made changes in the last couple years. The album probably sounded totally different two years ago. So I'm just interested to hear what he did.
Speaker 4: What kind of I mean, the concepts kind of changed completely because it was not even rumored. They more than alluded to it of the fall off of certain rappers when they get to a part of their career that they start to fall off. He completely changed the concept with this twenty nine and This nine, his perspectives around when he was twenty nine years old, and then his perspectives at thirty nine now, So the album must have completely changed. Yeah, because the concept of the fallof is not that anymore. It's it's more so the decades of his life.
Speaker 2: So I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: On the sonically, I'm very curious where where this is show. I see that it was.
Speaker 4: It was EP by Cole Ebe and T minus, So that makes me feel great because I think T minus is criminally underrated and an incredible, incredible producer, So I love to see T minus name in the EP.
Speaker 2: Never mat a Team Minus introducing.
Speaker 4: T minus T minus did the whole thing, I'd be happy. So I'm excited on that front that that Team minus is this heavily involved.
Speaker 2: Okay, who we got? You know how crazy that we need to go to.
Speaker 4: That high school in Toronto and figure out what was How does like boy wonder T minus D Like there's like six amazing producers that all went to that high school together, Like that should be brought up at some point, Like.
Speaker 2: Y'all just always at that high school in the same year. What's the school in Jersey that Lauren went to?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Columbia High School and in South Orange, Sisson went there, Timmy went there, my guy from from Scrubs, Zach Braff. I think Angeliaue went there as well, and then obviously Pros and Lauren went there.
Speaker 2: Why Cleff was I think why Cleff was going to the high school? Now he was going to school high school? Hi, great sheet climbs. That's a call back to she Yeah, like high schools like that. I don't know. I just think that's not talked about.
Speaker 4: Even in the music nerd community of boy wondering everyone that went to that high school at the same time that y'all just like, why don't y'all bring that up more?
Speaker 3: Are there any other schools that are like that? Or even colleges.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of the sport world there. My school was just me and Max B. Wait, hold on, Max b went here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know Max ms when the boys square all. I have no clue there nothing you get the melodies from Max he studied music.
Speaker 4: Everything makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I never knew that?
Speaker 4: Is there footage the way there's like footage of you, and like Vanessa Williams.
Speaker 2: The shit, I don't think so. I think because I think Max left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone tells me Max didn't stay very long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was in Aquito. Max was in the boy Squaw at the same time as you were. No, he was there the year, the year the year I got there. I think it was the year he left.
Speaker 4: Then there was a I don't know if it was George Washington. Maybe it's it's a school in Brooklyn that's closed now. But at the same time, Big Buster Rhymes and jay Z all just wearing a lunch from at one point, mm hmm. And I mean, granted all three of them didn't really show up to high school very much, but that's kind of crazy that.
Speaker 2: All of y'all are like just in is it Western House?
Speaker 4: I think it's something that's closed now, Yeah, Westinghouse, I said George Washington. Yeah, no, that sometimes I just that that type of shit, like that's fate, like not to be corny, like how do you like those talented people all end up in the same exact place at the same time, And that to me is crazy.
Speaker 1: But it's also were all from the same neighborhood. It's a lot of that too, Like we go to the same school because we all live in we all from this neighborhoods, the zone school thing.
Speaker 2: We all live in the same zone.
Speaker 4: So it's like, but New York is a little different in that, like you have your zone school, but you can go to other high schools.
Speaker 2: Not everyone.
Speaker 4: I'm sure in other cities, everyone in the neighborhood probably goes to the same high school. New York is much different in the capacity and with Catholic schools, like you could go to school a different borough your whole life, if you want to. Like, that's why I think it's kind of nuts. But and then me and Stove God both being from Syracuse is crazy.
Speaker 1: Did y'all go to the same school? Who went to your school? No one you would know, ain't no famous will come out of your high school.
Speaker 2: Me. I mean, I'm enough, Okay, I'm enough. I'm not even I'm not doing this for baby. You got niggas get a trackless and start talking crazy, start talking very crazy.
Speaker 4: And I mean, listening through stove guys music, I don't know if he was really just like focused on high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what chemistry seems to be a strong point, math, math and chemistry major right, yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Anyways, do we have any predictions because come Thursday our next episode. I don't really want to talk about the Cold Ship because when that episode comes out, the album will be out. Yeah, so any last predictions, uh, as well as what just with the album?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 2: Really to expect? I think we want to guess on some features.
Speaker 3: I think we did that, but I'm still I'm still sticking to my I want my tweet one savage feature.
Speaker 2: I'm sticking. I think we're gonna get a j I D. Feature. I can promise you twenty one savages, not on hisself whatever. Okay, but I get I think we're going to get a j I D. Feature. I can see that.
Speaker 3: I think possibly an Eminem feature.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. It's about that's interesting.
Speaker 4: Lord, please, he said, Lord, please, No, you don't want to hear Marshall. I don't want to sound like that, man, don't. I don't want to hear Ja Cole and Eminem.
Speaker 2: Okay, all Eminem is a goat and it's great. Yes, I'm I'm with you. I don't come home with that either, I'm cool. I don't think I want that either, I be honest, I don't think I want to hear that. I don't think I want to hit him and J Cole. That might be too much rap, But I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe Cole would put him on a better type of beat that would bring out maybe the older Eminem where it's not like maybe just just wrapping a regular cadence and give us substance, which Eminem has done a million times.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could just do that again.
Speaker 1: Now, because you know, if MM was doing a cold track with J Cole, he going he approaching that shit like rappidy raps I got.
Speaker 4: And I guess that's kind of like my problem with him at this point of anytime he does features, that's the concept like, oh, I have a beat that so much space, I'm gonna call m who's gonna rappid rap?
Speaker 2: Rap rap?
Speaker 4: Like Eminem is given so much substance throughout the years, why can't he go back to that like him and Cole on a where our focus on this is making a good song, not trying to see who could rap better than each other.
Speaker 2: Let me see, uh both got white moms? Yeah, give a good give a good prediction.
Speaker 3: As far as feature this period, for the album A good A good prediction, so we can put this out and then we'll see if we're right on Friday.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've given I've given a lot of predictions already that I'm sure we'll all be wrong, but.
Speaker 2: My predictions.
Speaker 1: Again, it's clear on how I feel about Cole now as an MC, but obviously he still is a very a great rapper.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if.
Speaker 1: Hmm, I don't know if his verses are going to stick with me. I think the music would be good, but I don't know if. I don't know if his verses are going to stick with me, because he's still an incredible MC. But you know, listening to the mixtape he just put out, it's like, it's no surprise Coke can rap.
Speaker 2: That was the point of that.
Speaker 4: That mixtape was just to show I could rap. But no, we know he can because I never know. I even understand Charlemagne's response to that of like, oh, I want Cole to give us his forty four his substance like that goes without saying that Cole has always done that. I don't understand why people took that mixtape with a rollout. That's just rapping over other people's beats on some mixtape clue shit, like it was supposed to have all this substance.
Speaker 2: The point of that was just the rap.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not even talking about substance. I'm just saying, like, that's why i want the music to be good. I think, minus what he's saying, I feel like, if the music is good, I'm going to at least want to keep listening to it and keep playing it.
Speaker 2: If the music is.
Speaker 3: Good, you're saying you personally, you don't think no matter what he says, you don't think it's going to stick with you.
Speaker 2: So you'd rather just have good music. Just just if the music is good, I'm going to want to listen to it.
Speaker 4: Where I disagree with you, Mal is based off the concept that he wrote out with being twenty nine in that decade, being thirty nine in that decade, and how he feels to me, this is going to have so much substance that's going to stick with adults.
Speaker 3: No, but what I'm I think you're missing with Mala saying, Maul doesn't care how much substance it has, it's not going to stick with him. That's what Maul is trying to tell you. So that's why he's hoping that the music is good so that it'll happen, because if the music.
Speaker 2: Is good, it don't even matter.
Speaker 4: And I just think there's going to be so much stuff that Maul could relate to that it will end up sticking.
Speaker 2: I hope. So that's that's what I'm saying. I hope, so like I want to.
Speaker 4: Really likely it's gonna be some adult, grown man rap.
Speaker 1: I hope, So you know what I mean. I just that's the only thing that's that I'm kind of like going to the side. I'm like, I just hope the music is to a certain level because if the music is its incredible, I'm gonna listen.
Speaker 3: I think there's a bias there that no matter Coke could come out and say the wildest, craziest, most relatable shit, and I just I don't think it's gonna stick tomorrow. That's personally, that's just the wildest crazy shit as far as what like, as far as like he could it could be so fire that but I just don't think it. I don't think it'll.
Speaker 2: Matter to you.
Speaker 1: No, listen, again, he's gonna have that on the album that he's never not like he can. He's one of those. He can rap his ass off. But I'm just saying, now, just let the music be fire like that for me, that's what it turns into. That's like, just let the music be incredible, because then at least I can listen to it, you know, play it. It can have replay value, like don't give me too much, you know, like showcasing your rapping ability, because I know you could rap like I'm not questioning that. Does the music have replay value? That's where my concern is at how much replay value are these songs going to have? And that's that's what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping the production is incredible, the hooks are you know, strong.
Speaker 2: And that shit, that's what I need. I'm not worried about bars. He can rap, I'm not worried.
Speaker 3: You don't have any predictions, no predictions.
Speaker 4: He's just not quality. I'll just stick to your rib Thank you for that, Rory. I'm trying to think of I'm trying to think of features. But okay, so just quickly though, with Cole on the rapping ship, he's really never done that on his actual albums. He focuses on making music on his album. He's not just like trying back to the eminem shit, just trying to showcase that you can rap better than everybody. I don't know a Cole album where that's the focus. He's an elite rapper, so the raps are good, but he's focusing on making good songs.
Speaker 2: But it's different now, you see what I'm saying, Like, that's why I feel like the concept thirty nine.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's focused on trying to prove to anybody.
Speaker 1: All that is great, that's cool. If that's just you know, what do you want to do conceptually? I'm just saying that I'm afraid that he may feel like he has to rap his way back into people's hearts.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I think that's part of the reason he did the mixtape shit, to get that part out of the way so he could focus on making good songs and a classic album. Let me get this rapping shit out the fucking way. Well, that's that's what.
Speaker 2: I do think, Maul.
Speaker 4: That appears to be the iPhone sixteen it is. That's nasty, man, it is. Come on, do you love yourself? I do. If you loved yourself, you would get the all new iPhone seventeen Pro with boost Mobile, the most powerful iPhone of all time. And even if you're about to say, what about traffic or trying to go to the store and transfer the data, that's probably what that's why you got.
Speaker 2: This this saxteen.
Speaker 4: That's nasty, exactly, get your sweet sixteen out of here, traffic.
Speaker 2: But I have good news.
Speaker 4: When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home or your work and deliver you that brand new iPhone seventeen and set everything up with boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle.
Speaker 1: Visit boost mobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices. Purchase that Boots Mobile dot Com terms apply.
Speaker 4: And on the future side, I have a question for Mal Damarus. Can you pull up can you google image jay Z? Larrussell Maul knows jay Z better than anyone in this room. I want you to tell me based off his fit, his smile, does it look like he's in rap mode?
Speaker 2: Jay is not rapping?
Speaker 4: Just pull that up, like, can you tell by looking at him? Does that look like somebody that maybe is mumbling some verses off some beats cole sentem No.
Speaker 1: That's this is a This looks like somebody who just you know, hired Larrussell to perform at the Super Bowl tail gate.
Speaker 4: And now he did deal with Rock as well, and congrattle Larussell.
Speaker 2: He got it done because he had do some shots at Rock a few years ago. You know, they got it done. They got done.
Speaker 4: And also he was talking about his you know, because he was signed with Russ first, which I think when we had Russ on our podcast, that was the first time I think he announced that he signed l Russell at that time. I do want to give credit to Russ in that regard of just letting Larrussell go, like, Yo, my focus is on my music right now.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hold you here, shout out to Russ. Real I thought that's what real ones do. Like this.
Speaker 4: I thought I had a vision for this label. But I'm ship, I don't want to hold you back. So I think that's incredible. But I had a prediction a while ago that we would finally get the proper.
Speaker 2: Jay Z and j Cole song on the fall off. Not happening.
Speaker 4: I hope I'm right, But not happening is not rapping bro I was.
Speaker 3: I was, I was pay my last toil for it, but I don't think it's happened.
Speaker 4: The legacy can't stop it, mister nice watch. But Cole is not done rapping. Oh you said you're subscribing to this is J Cole's last album?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 4: Okay, because this is not even again, this is not j album. I believe rappers do not retire, say podcast.
Speaker 3: This might not be his last song, This might not be his last feature, but I think it's his last album.
Speaker 2: Okay. All I'm saying is he's not done rapping. Yeah, that's fine. I can't get with that. I'm with you. It may it may be his last album. Cool.
Speaker 1: But if you think that Jay Cole is never stepping in a booth after this album drops again in his life, you're crazy.
Speaker 2: But how do you not close the chapter?
Speaker 4: Because he him even talking about the concept of this starting with the come up, his first project and the fall office man can get full circle from his first project, Your first feature to the World and the Masses was a Star is Born. Jay Z rapped about all the stars in the last thirty years of hip hop at that time, and then the last verse was here's the new Prodigy and he went fucking nuts.
Speaker 2: Cole went nuts on that verse. How do you not close?
Speaker 4: If you're saying full circle on everything in the beginning of your career, how do you not close?
Speaker 2: The Star is Born? Part two?
Speaker 4: And again, if jay don't want to wrap, JA don't want to rap, but to me, that's the perfect way. And that's also because I hate mister nice watch. But come on, we need to close the stars. He was born, He's a star. Jay Z was right, this kid is going to be the next one, and he was you gotta close that.
Speaker 2: I don't want jay Z to wrap no more. Let me be honest. I think get out of office stuff. I know I didn't want this energy in him.
Speaker 1: You know why I don't want this energy because all that's gonna happen is a song gonna be out for three minutes and niggas.
Speaker 2: Gonna be trashing. I don't give up.
Speaker 1: I don't give an I'm just saying I understand that, but I'm just saying, like, it's just like to see like the greatest disrespected. Like it's just like I for what I hear you, you know what I'm saying, It just like for what Like That's why I'm just like I don't really care to hear j no more, like, what what else can jay Z say?
Speaker 2: What else can he do?
Speaker 1: He's done it all, he said it all, he showed us everything, Like what else? What else do we want? What else do we want to hear Jay say, that's.
Speaker 2: Why you're gonna stay at home Dad. I think I think, well, okay, he never gave a stab, but I'm saying I don't. I don't think that.
Speaker 4: I mean, for the Cowboy Carter tour, he did look like the nanny like he looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I love to let him do that, but I'm just I just don't, just because I hold Jade is such a high regard and it's just like just like I don't I don't subscribe with people like yo, Jay's rapping it. I know he's not.
Speaker 4: If he is not, you, You of all people know that Jay has so much more to talk about. He does and one of the greatest minds we have has more out a.
Speaker 1: Doubt, But I just don't know if what would inspire Jaya rap because he's now everything is not about obviously, it's not about money, it's not about adding to his legacy.
Speaker 2: At this point, all of that is solidified.
Speaker 1: It would be something would have to motive someone, Something would have to inspire him, something would have to motivate casino.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shut up, and we'll talk about not getting it. We don't want to hear that.
Speaker 3: It would have to be something he would have to hear somebody whose pen is so crazy and flow is so crazy.
Speaker 4: I think, to me, what wouldn't this is such a crazy senter to me, what would inspire jay Z? Let me tell you what I what inspires jay Z. You don't think though that concept of I signed it was while A and Cole was the first artist on as Carter Enterprises after Rockefeller, like this is his last album, and I presented him to the world. That's that wouldn't be an inspirational fold moment where I think Jay would be like get it nah man, I was. I was right, Literally I saw it like that would look at my legacy. I also signed one of the big three. Look at my look at my legacy. That would be the closest. I just don't know if that's gonna get it done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think that's gonna get it done. You know why? You know why?
Speaker 1: Only because I feel like I feel like that would over that would overshadow the entire project.
Speaker 4: No, it's twenty four songs, but.
Speaker 2: All anybody will be talking about jab I mean, but no.
Speaker 4: At the same time, like maybe with the overshadow thing, I don't even care because even with that mixtape what overshadowed it was like one small bar that people thought he was talking about Ken Drick. Like everything's going to overshadow anything music related. At this point when Iceman drops, everyone is not going to be focused on is this music good. They're going to be focused on is this a Kendrick shot? Was this Like that's gonna happen no matter what. So I don't think artists even be focused on what's going to overshadow a moment anymore, because that's just it's part of course.
Speaker 1: Now do y'all think Kendrick is on it? And do y'all want Kendrick? You don't want Kendrick? I take back my prediction of you don't want Kendreck.
Speaker 3: He's not. He's it's not even about what I want. He's not going to be on there.
Speaker 2: Cool would you want him to be on there?
Speaker 3: Of course if the song will be good, sure, But actually no, because I don't want to hear the discourse on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Actually I don't want to discourse, so no, I just said the same thing about it Javer. He's like, I don't give a fuck with nobody.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 3: If you don't understand the difference between I don't need to hear Kendrick and Cole together because I don't want to hear what the internet has to say about it. When we've been here on a bunch of Kendrick in comparison to we haven't heard from Jay in fucking years.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck what it takes. Two years ago on Calvi's album, more than two years ago definitely was tis. I don't think Amar was born yet.
Speaker 4: Is he's three? What God did was a long time ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to drop an album more than two years so this was three years ago. God did was twenty twenty two, Yeah, wasn't even born? Be four years time flying baby, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I mean Jay had a lot to say on that.
Speaker 2: I just don't think. I don't it's been. It's been I don't see him three plus years. I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Jay's experienced some things he can talk about in the last three years.
Speaker 2: I just don't think that it's gonna happen on this album. Oh No, I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: But I mean I think we'll I think we'll get we'll get We'll get a Jay Verse somewhere.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to be on the.
Speaker 3: Fall off though, who do you think it would be with or under or what?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: Be honest, it gets a jay Verse before anybody at this point. I could see him and Beyonce doing the record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but b hasn't really been I don't think Act three would be it. Like when I look at the way features were at one in Act two, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think Jay is I'm just saying I think she gets a j Verse before anybody. I'm sure she could, but.
Speaker 1: Like I think that's the next time we hear Jay Z it'll be with his wife, because the only time you see Jay on stage now is at hersh on tour. Like they travel the world as a family now, Like you know what I'm saying, they moving like it's it's that now they're in that eerror.
Speaker 4: If Rihanna felt like making some music, I think she would get Jay to do something.
Speaker 2: Not mad at that.
Speaker 1: That's something I just don't think it's gonna be the way we like anticipate it. It's not gonna be with another rapper.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's gonna I don't think next Ja verse we get is gonna be with another rap And we could be totally wrong.
Speaker 2: He might be on this j Co album, but I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think we would have heard rumblins of that already. But I think the next time we hear Jay it'll be with Beyonce or Rihanna, somebody like that.
Speaker 2: Sabooze's not getting jay z verse. It's not happening. I like Shoboozi while.
Speaker 1: Shaboozy is lip, but I'm just saying Jay's not giving Shaboozie a verse. Frank could get Jay Frank Ocean.
Speaker 4: There's very few people that if they started, if they want to make music again, JA would showupright.
Speaker 2: Frank Osh is not giving Jay. Jay Z's not giving Frank Ocean the verse. He's not happening. He has before. I know what he did. He gave a lot of niggas verses before that will never get another verse I should.
Speaker 4: Frank may be on the most hooks with jay Z outside of fucking Farrell. Frank Frank be on every.
Speaker 2: J album at one point, Yeah, he was. He was the hook guy for sure. But I don't I think that's.
Speaker 4: Over Frank, not even the hook guy. Has Frank given a hook to anyone but Budges something about with j J. Yeah, Okay, I'm not saying not everybody. He was even on four, forty four and twenty sixteen. Nah, Frank can get Jay out the house.
Speaker 3: I had a question for y'all actually, speaking of like features and ship like that. Who do y'all think out of like the newer all the people we watched at the Grammy's, like the new artists and you know, Olivia Dean's big all of these people, who do y'all think is like going to have like a long career? Like, do y'all think any of anybody new is going to have a long career? Leon le okay, anybody knew? I think I think out within the last four started to their stars started to rise within the last three or four years.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean by new.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to me, Leon Thomas is the one that's here to stay because now now he has the the energy and all the eyes on him and he's actually talented, Whereas there's a lot of times people get all the eyes, all the looks of everything, that industry gets behind them and they're just not talented, so they fall off. Like Leon checks every box and yeah, he'll be fine even if the industry stops being behind him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Leon, he has he has longevity. He's gonna be He's gonna be rand because he has true artistry. I think that's what gives you longevity. You have to be a true artist. You look at all the pop stars and the people that are icons true artistry, they're real artists. A lot of people catch a record they have talent, but true artistry you can leave that person in the studio and they can create a song from start to finish by themselves.
Speaker 2: And Leon Thomas has that. He can create.
Speaker 1: He can build a song, write a song, produce a song by hisself start to finish. So I think Leon, he records himself, records himself. I think he's definitely his talent says longevity to me. On the rap side, MM, yeah, yeah, I don't know if I see any new rappers that you say new rappers within the last four years.
Speaker 3: Rap is unpredictable, rap is so shaky, unpredictable.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, rad became such a hustle, like there's not any superstars in rapper because it already that aren't already superstars.
Speaker 3: I'm not even looking for superstars. I just meant, like a long, a long career. You can have a long career. What I'll be in a superstar.
Speaker 4: No, I said that that's fair, but again, yet it's kind of I don't know at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what works.
Speaker 4: I was talking to part of Drop a Name. I was talking to Quentin Milly yesterday, thank you for catching a Name. He brought up a point that I agree. You guys know, I've I've I've been pretty vocal of me personally thinking Playboy Carti's music stinks. The Grammys is fucked up for not The fact that Playboy Cardi was not even nominated is a slap in the face to to hip hop when you're trying to be that pretentious.
Speaker 2: Do I fuck with his music?
Speaker 4: God, No, I'm pretentious in disliking it, But the fact that you have those numbers that impact in hip hop and you're not even nominated, it is kind of a miscarriage of justice to not have Playboy Cardi up there, like you're taking a whole part of hip hop that is important and keeping this shit moving. Look at the numbers he does and not having it represented in that category is kind of nuts. I don't even fuck with him, But like, if I'm Playboy Cardi, I'm look at this shit like, yo, what else would I have to do to be nominated?
Speaker 2: But this was a big year on hip hop.
Speaker 3: Who does the Grammys take out without causing a riot?
Speaker 4: I don't really have the answer to that because anything I say would sound wrong because I think everyone that was nominated here deserved their nomination. But that's where the Grammys needs to make a decision. Someone needs to get clpped from that to represent what Playboy Cardi did in hip hop in this Grammy cycle.
Speaker 2: So you're saying he should have been nominated for Best Rap Album, Yeah, even though I personally don't even think it's rap. That's not rap.
Speaker 4: But but see, all right, this is also what me and Quentin we're talking about, which we've talked about in this podcast. Rap has such a wide spectrum now that there needs to be subcategories the way there is with R and B, and that's melodic rap performance, not even it's not. There needs to be subcategories of medic.
Speaker 3: Wasn't black, no one would ever say that that was rap. If he wasn't black, no one would ever sing.
Speaker 4: Out that's That's a good point because when Egor got Igor, which I think is a classic album, got nominated for Rap Album the Year, I said, first of all, that should be that should be nominated for Album of the Year.
Speaker 2: And it's also not a rap album.
Speaker 4: But I think we're kind of doing a discredit to rap by not putting subgenres where something like an Egor or Playboy Cardi should be represented in that because Tyler is hip hop that that all derives even though he's singing on that entire thing, and there isn't really any rap versus that still derives from it. That's still hip hop, like Cutty as hip hop.
Speaker 2: So we belowest hip hop even though it's.
Speaker 3: Aggressive hip hop or alternative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there needs to be so because we can't just think of rap in the boombap lyric way. It is in its purest form, that's what rap is now because because it's changed.
Speaker 1: Nah, some other ship has some other rap has birthed some other things. Rap hasn't changed. Some niggas that because its a nigga you're ready to drop Thursday Night that raps.
Speaker 2: But to me, to me, rap ain't change. No, some niggas are still rapping for.
Speaker 4: Sure, And I'm saying that the best rap album should stay the way that it is. Actually, thinks since Royce got nominated for his project, the Grammys has gotten it right. These are all real rap albums because before they was nominating rap albums that wasn't fucking rap albums.
Speaker 2: We need to keep that.
Speaker 4: But I think we're doing a disservice to hip hop by not proving that all of this other sub genre shit does derive from hip hop.
Speaker 2: Oh it does? This is hip hop? Sure, yeah, I'm not mad at that. I'm not mad at all.
Speaker 4: Because I'm about you Playboy Cardi. Shit, No, I say, come on us, it's not hip hop. But that's fucked up because it all, he wasn't inspired by anything but hip hop to make that album. So hip hop still needs the credit on what Playboy Cardi does and where it's spreading. All the pop stars steal from hip hop. Now, now all this shit needs to be labeled under what it is inspired by and that is rap and hip hop. So we need to we need to have sub genres in that because come on, CARDI, look at the numbers he's doing the impact. That's not just fake bot stream ship. Look what Look the tickets he's selling. Pop has not acknowledge that ship is insane to me. Travis Scott. I don't think Travis Scott is a rapper, or to say Travis Scott is not, but he raps more than for sure, for sure. But I'm just saying party.
Speaker 1: Is more music, it's more vibe, it's more for a live show. It's more of a DJ type of thing. Like it's like that, like he'll give us some lyrics and some you know, I guess bars and melodies hading there.
Speaker 2: But a lot of his shit is just energy and music.
Speaker 3: Well, let's look at the Let's look at the country side of the Grammys and the awards that they give out right, because he has a point. So for country, they have Best Traditional Country Album, Best Contemporary Country Album, Best American Roots Album, like Best Blue gri Like there's a whole bunch.
Speaker 2: Of stuff in blue.
Speaker 4: Like it's there's subgenres of hip hop now, So ironically, with the Cuddy and Jim Jones debate and all that. I do remember when that song came out, that kind of being a debate amongst my friends of like Cuddy is hip hop though, and we would have arguments like this is not hip hop, throwing in some R and B. She like, no, this is at the end of the day, these are hip hop drum. This is Cuddy is not being inspired by anything but hip hop here, this is this is from the tree of hip hop. This isn't from anything else. And I think that type of stuff needs to be represented at the Grammys.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 4: Playboy Cardi, but who who the fuck am I? There's millions and millions and millions and millions of people that absolutely love that gentleman. Yeah, I don't never play, but I recognize the talent though. Yeah, I get it, I understand it. It's not from me. I think it's an instrumental album. Yeah, I can't even tell when he's on it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I agree with you when you put it like that with a different I don't say he needs to be taking somebody needs to be taken out of Best Rap Album and he needs to be put in there. I disagree with that, but I do agree that there does need to be a category.
Speaker 2: Has people like that? Has Vince Staples ever been nominated for Grammy? Let's see.
Speaker 4: I mean he's personal favorite. Last four album Run is probably my favorite from a solo artist.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's why I just I was thinking about that Van Stables cannot miss when he's never been nominated for a Grammy.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, which is nuts because the Vince Staples self titled album it was one of the best of that year. Ramona Park broke my heart, Like Ramona Park is, that's a classic rap album. Yeah, I don't know how that stuff doesn't make it into the Grammys. But it's tough too. I actually do give some grace to the Grammy committee. You only have so many slots, and we're at the highest peak of artists that we've ever had. It's new artist every goddamn days. It's tough to narrow it down. But I think we're doing hip hop or disservice by not having sub categories.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how we got onto that entire I think you said something about Biaber and we just went are you I'm sorry? I put my glass are you guys, ready to get my flowers?
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go. What happened? Why did you even bring that up? What happened? He's it wasn't even on my list comments.
Speaker 4: When you're sometimes you just gotta sometimes got so many and let the comments speak for them.
Speaker 3: A lot of the comments agree with him, So now he's on his high fucking horse that he was right about Biaber being underrated because some of the comments agree with him.
Speaker 4: I just think it's even even the higher up to me.
Speaker 1: I just think I just think it's interesting to like champion for Biaber during Black History Month when his first single was.
Speaker 2: One less Loaner, one less longer, I'll take my classes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we forgot. You like to throw his first single on it, like you like to brush that to this. We heard the first It was baby Remember him and Ludacris and the Bowling Alley?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I remember that. I remember that one too, But I remember one less loan him and that guitar.
Speaker 3: Oh Man still having a long, thriving career.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't excuse anything Justin Bieber did in that video, even though he.
Speaker 2: Was a kid.
Speaker 4: How come no one has found out who was holding that camera and laughing. It was stop, don't put that, don't put that out. Usher was laughing because he knew he was on the way to the bank. It's like this little nigga about to be a star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't put me on camera laughing. Oh my god, Yeah, that camera is crazy.
Speaker 1: Was that his?
Speaker 4: Like that was always kind of my thing, Like this is a child that only knows what he's taught. Who's holding that camera and laughing? I just told you it sounds like a white lady is Yeah, gotta you can change his total.
Speaker 2: It's just that talented. Yeah, you can do everything.
Speaker 3: Ma I had a question for you. You love my questions, some of them, mall.
Speaker 4: Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, Florida's sports.
Speaker 2: Book that it's that time all, is it the big one? It's the big game, the big One.
Speaker 4: It's the week on Sunday on hard Rock Bet. Seattle is at four point five favorite over New England. Y'all are bugging.
Speaker 2: They have four point five four and a half point favorite over New England. Then they don't believe in the God.
Speaker 4: All the way may listen, man, the way y'all put so much disrespect on Drake May's name already bothers me. But at least hard Rock is loaded with special prop bets you can find for the rest of the year. Then kickoff, touchbacks, MVPs. Anything you want to bet on hard rock has you covered. If you haven't signed up with hard rock Back yet, now is the best time. New sign ups can double their winnings on their first ten bets. The maxis fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: If you would have won one hundred bucks on your bet, that makes it two hundred If my math is correct. That was Foxy Brown Mass right, Yeah, so I think that's right there.
Speaker 1: And if you're in Florida, New Jersey, the big game energy doesn't just live in the app. Head to a hard rock casino for drawings, giveaways, and all excitement leading up to the kickoff. That's hard Rock Bet. Download the hard rock Bet app and make your first deposit today. Pay on bonus bets, not a cash offer off of by a seminal tribe of Florida and Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital, LLC. In all of the states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona. Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play terms and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you was someone you know has a gambler problem, wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one of Huja gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Speaker 2: I had a question.
Speaker 3: I was having a conversation on my life and one of the fans or one of the listeners or fewers of my life said that they're tired of knowing so much about celebrities. Right it was post Grammys. They were talking about me too, you are.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't care to know about these artists like that. Just give me good music.
Speaker 3: Even like the I thought like the accessibility made them a little bit more relatable. Do you think that relatability is whooping is like biting off their ass?
Speaker 1: Now, well, it makes them more relatable, But I think people became too invested in artists personal lives and things like that. And then now if they don't give them personal information and share certain things, people start calling the artists weird because they're not sharing personal, you know things, just like, bro, I'm here to entertain and make music or whatever it is that I do. You'm not here to tell you my personal business with my family has going on. Things like that, and a lot of times people care about that more than nactual music. So I think that's when it became a problem, when people just started to care too much. Like, you know, I always told I didn't know a lot about big when I was in high school, POC. I didn't know a lot about my favorite artists, but we still love them the same, We still supported them to listen to their music, you know. And now it's a thing where people want to see, you know, they want to know about everything that goes on in your home, everything that goes on when you're not in the studio away from the camera. And I just think that that's a little weird, Like why do you why do why are you so invested in just because you purchased an album or you purchased a concert ticket, you feel like you should know everything about this human. This is a human at the end of the day, like nobody wants everybody to know everything about them or like personal business, like who who wants that?
Speaker 2: Like some things to stay personal private.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just it got it just got weird because people started caring too much about everything other than you know, the person's talent level.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, I hear you.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, that also keeps you from supporting somebody who might not have the same values and morals as you.
Speaker 2: The more you know about somebody.
Speaker 1: But if we're gonna have that conversation, is a lot of this ketchup you niggas got in your fridge, stop eat buying it. A lot of food that you know, a lot of these supermarkets you shop at where you go get your coffee. If we're gonna get into that, you niggas ain't gonna be able to purchase anything. If that's the if you're trying to figure out what niggas morals and all of this is that I can promise you now you don't want to get into your favorite cup of coffee and who owns that and where they morals are.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm saying. You don't some things you just don't want to know. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's just like, Okay, I get it. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to support anybody that's a piece of shit. I don't want to support somebody that does you know, people wrong and things like that. But at the end of the day, we all do so I get it, though I understand the thought of that, Yes, you don't want to support fucked up in pieces of shit, but if you start going down that list, it's gonna be a lot of shit.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to stop supporting your life.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if we are even able to do that, you know what I'm saying, Because some things we just need, no matter how you slice it, we need certain things to function. But I understand that you don't want to support somebody that's, you know, a bad person, and especially when it comes to entertainment and things that you pay for. Go to a concert and this person's a piece of shit. But we got to cut ot cut our wins and losses Like it's it's a lot of people that's pieces of shit. But I do understand how some artists like to share personal things because again, it brings their audience in a little closer. But when the audience starts caring about that too much and starts being too invested in that, I think that that's a problem.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Do you think that there's some artists that are skating by purely off of their personal lives being entertaining, Like people wouldn't care about them if their personal life wasn't so entertaining, Like the music isn't enough to hold them up.
Speaker 4: Oh, of course, I mean that's that's yeah, that's that. I mean that's kind of the marketing plan period now, is lifestyle over the music.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's funny because you look at some of the biggest artists. I don't think you know much about the biggest artists. People really know that much about Beyonce.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the biggest artist now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if people.
Speaker 3: Beyonce used to share a lot of herself with us. She since stopped. She don't say anything. But there was at one point we knew damn near everything about Beyonce because she had been famous for so long and so much of her growth had been document well, I mean to find no everything, Yeah, Like I mean we knew we find so we don't. We never knew stuff about Beyonce in the moment. We always found out later, right, there was a couple of years would go by and we would find out certain shit because she would make her her little vlogs. She would hear a ship concert footage, or we had the book from Destiny's Child, and like, you know, she's when you're in the spotlight for that long since a kid, we know a lot about you.
Speaker 4: But she's had a great balance of somebody that's been a star since they were a child, of keeping your private life pretty much private, and.
Speaker 2: Even of that that is very difficulty.
Speaker 3: And also she doesn't have I don't want to say she doesn't have much of a private life. She doesn't really have much to hide, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: I hear what you guys are saying. I think it's not really an artist thing we're talking about. I just think it's kind of a reflection of how society changed, because fans have always been very much into artist's personal lives, whether it was Britney Spears, like even before social the social media boom, that was still a thing. But to the rest of the world that wasn't our obsession. We know too much about the people we know like that. I don't think I don't I understand what you guys. I just don't think it's an artist thing. Because all of a sudden, like when Facebook hit, I'm seeing photos of people's kids that I only see once a year. We started learning more and more about people that we already know. Artists are just a reflection of that. They just are in the same society that we're in. I know everyone's thought when Twitter started, I like, I know everyone's family members when I was follow them on.
Speaker 2: Facebook, Like, very true.
Speaker 4: You just learn that society because aim such an oversharing on the lowest of lowest of level. Even if you got ten followers, you're sharing all your thoughts to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a front man.
Speaker 4: I think artists are just a reflection of that. We have you ever just like caught a random viral tweet that's a story that's nuts, And then you go into the comments and you see people from that town that know all these people, and now we're watching that. No one's a celebrity here. We're just interesting. We're just nosy now, Like it just took what was already in the human DNA of being nosy and wanting the quote unquote tea. Of course it's going to skyrocket with a celebrity, but we're doing that on the lowest of level. You don't think somebody sees something a cousin post something you ain't tout your other cousin, Like, yo, you saw what your posts.
Speaker 2: You can just share the post right right to the inbox. You see that.
Speaker 1: But I'm the opposite to like, I don't really subscribe to none of that ship Like y'all, y'all put me on to a lot of shit that be going on, and I'm like, We're like, I don't really care about that. Like, like I saw this girl on on Instagram. She had like her birth like on her timeline, Like she posted like her actual birth.
Speaker 4: Didn't Jay and Erica do that. A couple of people live they were live tweeting during it, which I thought was hilarious, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like I'm talking about like she was recalled like you saw the baby coming out of it. People do.
Speaker 4: That's a part of the internet that's like for that.
Speaker 2: I think that that's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: I think that that's I think that is absolutely crazy to share that on stage media.
Speaker 4: I do too, But I mean I like watching it. Well, I'm not gonna watch I would hope not. But I mean in comparison to like the Israeli fucking army live streaming killing people, Like I'm kind of fine if this is where we're at with social media. I'm fine if somebody wants to share their birth, Like I just think I.
Speaker 2: Just think that's there's no anymore. That is way too personal of a moment and way.
Speaker 3: Too You would be the same person over there sitting in that chair watching people get.
Speaker 2: Murked on your phone. Who don't watchet murder?
Speaker 3: You don't watch a lot of people get they asked will smoked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch the World Star. Yeah, nigga get knock out. I'm gonna watch that. Niggas fighting outside.
Speaker 3: But I think multiple people get killed on the internet, like in perfect view, Like, well.
Speaker 2: That's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: If you're showing pictures of war babies getting killed, and that's just to get the mess out to the world, Like this is what's happening in our country.
Speaker 4: We understand that you waited thirty seconds while a Walgreens ad started and then you watch somebody get killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm probably guilty of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our society, But I mean that's like, again, that's shit that's happening outside violence. I'm talking about a personal, intimate moment like you giving birth. I don't think you should be sharing that with your timeline. I'm sorry, I just don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're comfortable with it, then't do it.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't be comfortable. But if you're comfortable with that, then do it. Like I said, I like watching it because I think that birth is very very beautiful.
Speaker 1: No, it is, but I think it's very intimate. I think that's for you and your family. I don't think that people that follow you who don't like you should be privy to that. I don't think that they should see that. I know me personally because all people following you that don't like you, don't wish the best for you, don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: About you, Like they should not be allowed to share in that moment. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Like, that's keep that bete, your husband or your boyfriend, baby, for whoever, your family, your mom, the keep that for them putting that on social media, and then I could sit that to somebody that don't even follow you, and then I just think that that's too much.
Speaker 4: I completely agree because Key and I we filmed. I should say our birth, which is politically correct, but her birth, I didn't do shit.
Speaker 2: That video.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even show that to her mom my mom, Like, that's just that's for her and I not even an immediate family member or whatever. That's just for Key and I. I'm with you on that side. But I do also see the side and not on the influencer type time. But if I had a human growing in my body, I'd be terrified, like just nervous and anxious about what that process was. Like maybe it would bring some piece watching other births, because you have to be anxious about giving birth. No, yeah, for sure, being able to watch somebody have that happen, talk about it, it may bring some peace to me. If I could watch someone else go through that process how I am, Like, I'd be like, nah, I gotta see what's the store for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I do get it.
Speaker 3: Also places, there's also places you can go for that, Like I was at one point I was obsessed with like, uh, maternal mortality were like because there were so many black women there are still so many black women who die during childbirth, Like it's the numbers are absolutely saying that's studies on it in school and shit.
Speaker 2: So I was a great dock about it too. Yeah, I was obsessed with stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So I was in a lot of Facebook groups about black women where they would share their home birthing like experience. So if you're posting in communities like that, I think that that's more okay, because that's more those are people are there looking for that exactly. But if I'm just like scrolling on Instagram, well somebody else is scrolling on Instagram looking for ass and then like.
Speaker 2: Boom baby, Yes that's nuts. But I also think you can share it. I don't. I mean I don't know. Like I said, whatever people are comfortable with for sure, but we need to keep certain things private. I think let's get back to that.
Speaker 1: Like I like the the mystique and the mystery of certain celebrities, Like I don't know what this person does on their you know, personal time, which will incentivize me.
Speaker 2: Going on tour. I gotta go see them, because I don't.
Speaker 1: You don't get nothing from this person other than when they want to be seen and they popping out on tour album dropping like those are the artists that I like because it's like, Okay, they're gonna give me through the music, through the art, they're gonna give me their life, and this, that and the third I don't want to see because then I might.
Speaker 2: Not like you. Oh yeah, you're my favorite artists. And then you you post something on your Instagram and I'm like, she's a clown. Well, this nigga's corny, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just some times it has that effect to it's like, all right, man, like I don't even like this artist no more.
Speaker 2: Keep a certain mistique.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great balance to be accessible to an extent. You know, you want to interact with your audience and the people who support you, but you also want to keep a certain mystery about yourself. You want to keep a certain aura and a certain like yeah, but there's still so many things y'all don't know about me.
Speaker 2: I like that from an artist.
Speaker 3: I think movie stars still do that, Like movie stars.
Speaker 2: Do that very nicky lazer. She said that.
Speaker 1: She said, Leo, we don't know anything about you other than yeah, like and we've grown up, we've grown up watching you favorite movies, and we don't know anything about you and.
Speaker 4: Leo when they're like he likes spaghetti, that's always and.
Speaker 1: Leo said there like yeah, like I don't. I don't share that shit like come see my movie though, and then I'll do a press run and this that and the third. Maybe I'll give certain little things about me on a press run and they ask questions.
Speaker 2: But that's it. You got to keep a certain mystique about just so. I think that help. You think podcasters need to subscribe to that.
Speaker 4: You know this gig, this gig is over sharing.
Speaker 2: But I feel like I don't know. I was gonna say, not exactly. I feel like you're challenged enough. You don't have no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: By uh, by society standards, mall, you do overshare, you think so. By podcast standards you don't at all. But by society standards, yes, people know more about your personal life than they would the average person that they didn't know. Okay, because the job is over share. Yeah, okay, just by shared data of how much you talk. Eventually you're over sharing by world standards.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense. No, I feel like I know.
Speaker 3: More about people through social media than I know about mall through if you just listening to him podcasts.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Like what do you if somebody was to say, yo, what do you know about Mall from podcasting? Like what could they really tell you? People say all the time he's never been in a relationship.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 3: But people don't know anything about his fucking love life. They know about his past two jobs, but.
Speaker 4: You're talking about that check Like we've there's been real intimate moments Mal sharing about his brother, about his family, Like there's been real intimate Just because you don't know about Mal's dating life doesn't mean he hasn't overshaded. I mean oversharing a bad way, but shared about his his actual family and how he felt about certain tragedies, Like that's that's that's over sharing by world standards. In my opinion, not everything is a gossipy relationship, like you knew I was fucking this person, or I was in a relationship for this long, Like this intimate fucking moment. We've all talked about our mothers, our fathers, Like that's that's real intimate ship. He He's said a lot of stuff about his pops that a regular person wouldn't share with with the world like that that to me his relationship with his sister, like.
Speaker 2: That stuff is is intimate to me. True, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: He'll never tell us who he's fucking. I ask off Mike every day.
Speaker 2: Mike every I want to know where, but I mean, I guess to close it, to close it.
Speaker 4: Where do you draw the line though, because I hear you guys, but we've had funerals are live stream, like we watched Nipsey hustle in the Staples Center funeral, Like eventually Live Nation is going to start selling tickets to funerals, like, but well, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think that because funerals have always been if live stream just means that it was on a computer. Funerals of famous people have always been available through TV.
Speaker 2: That's been.
Speaker 4: His funeral, Yeah, Fife with everything like, no, I'm witch. I'm just saying that if funerals have always been even fair game, which should be one of the more intimate things periods, Like why are we drawing the line on anything else We're gonna sell We're going to sell tickets to funerals soon.
Speaker 1: But it's a little different, like as far as a lot because you know, example.
Speaker 4: When they stole t shirts out side of the stable Center when Nipsey died, Like what do they sell.
Speaker 3: T shirts outside of the Stable center? Win anything?
Speaker 2: But that was like that wasn't official though, Those were just hustle. No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying from from Nipsey's stable. I'm just saying how how much people take intimate moments and make it so much of monotactical and monetize everything that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Understand them live streaming like Whitney Houston's funeral. We all supported Whitney, loved her. It was all hurt by that. We all kind of we couldn't be there physically, but we all kind of wanted to, you know, just share in that moment with the family and pay our respects.
Speaker 2: So I don't get that.
Speaker 4: I want to make clear. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. I was extremely happy that they gave Nipsey the platform after he passed that he deserved in the Staples Center so everyone could mourn and love him that has been affected by this whole thing. I'm just saying, if funerals are fair game for that type of stuff, every anything is.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, speaking of over sharing, do you think that it was wrong for Tracy Morgan to kind of like, I don't know if y'all saw the yosea. The clip said he bumped into a but a lot of people don't know he knew that guy. The other guy was a He was a comedian. They were both comedians coming up in the city, and they obviously had some interaction when they were both younger coming up on the comedy scene that Tracy Morgan didn't forget about. And in that moment, Tracey Morgan is coming out of the garden leaving a nick game and he sees the guy and Tracy says, oh, I remember you whatever whatever, and he said, don't act like I owe you something. This Tracey mog something like that, don't act like, don't talk to me like I owe you something. And the dude was like, where y'all, I'm homeless, Like you know what I'm saying, Like Tracy said, I didn't do that. A lot of people thought that that was a little insensitive. It was a little much Tracy not to go that far. Y'all know, I subscribe to.
Speaker 2: He better than me.
Speaker 3: I'd have been like he would have say, ooh I'm homeless. I'll say, yeah, God, don't play about me and walked away.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't give a fuck you. Once you crossed me, maybe whatever, God, however, God punished you for that. I don't have nothing for you. I'm walking past your cast. Your cast get sarcastic.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Look at I'm still sleeping. I don't. I don't care to subscribe to that too. Yeah, me too. I'm trying to be I'm trying to be better about that now. I'm not working on that part of my life.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, because I'm like, I don't know. Most people can't say this, but I know I can't. I'm a thorough nigga. I'm a real nigga. It depends on what they did. I'm a good person. It depends on what they crossed me. If you crossed me, you were wrong. There's very few people.
Speaker 2: But I'm also like, I know they are joking around, but like, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not that vain or that arrogant that I think God has punished this person to not have a home because they.
Speaker 2: Bullied me at one point.
Speaker 4: I think that person probably just made some decisions that were wrong as well as bullying me. But yeah, I don't look at it that way. But I don't owe you any fucking help. Yeah, I'm gonna laugh a little bit. Yeah, No, I'm definitely gonna laugh.
Speaker 2: I'm a a little bit.
Speaker 1: If you did some fucked up shit to me and we bump into each other twenty thirty years down the line, and I'm just coming out of the garden, leaving courtside seats at a nick game, and you outside the garden begging for peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Sorry, yeah, i'mnna laugh at you. I'mo get your dusty ass out of you stink.
Speaker 2: I'm that. Yeah, I'm him. I'm sorry now. Actually I'm not.
Speaker 1: If somebody if something, only again, only if somebody did some really foul shit to disappointed life.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think like Michael B. Jordan handled a situation like that and shout out to Lauria. I fuck with Lauria heavy friend.
Speaker 2: Of the show.
Speaker 4: But they went to high school together, and I don't know the real story. We didn't go to high school together, but she was on the red carpet.
Speaker 2: Michael B.
Speaker 4: Jordans came up.
Speaker 1: It was like he was a gentleman about it, though, because he could have. He could have walked away and not did the interview. He just let her know, like, yeah, I remember you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's still like, yo, I didn't forget that, but now look at now you want to talk to me now.
Speaker 1: Coming up the red car. We want this interview because you're gonna be lit. You know what I'm saying. It just sometimes life has just show you like, Okay, he was just letting Lareo know, I remembered you.
Speaker 2: I didn't forget I heard what you said.
Speaker 4: But also, like where the healing process where I say, I'm trying to change on some of that with the Tracy Morgan situation or with Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan.
Speaker 4: You also have to be self aware enough that you went to high school named Michael Jordan. You didn't think people were gonna like kids, weren't going to make jokes.
Speaker 2: You wanted to be an actor.
Speaker 4: Again. But it was things like that school student ship though. Yeah, of course, but I'm not saying he owes her sit down. He can walk right back. Everything he did was fine. But I also am on the side of like we do need to give kids. I did a lot of ship. I'm not proud of as a kid, or I was on some follow the leader type ship. Sometimes bullying people like kids, sometimes we just don't know what we're doing kids is different. Yeah, I'm not even pure pressure per se. But yeah, there's things I did as a kid that I'm not proud of. And if I saw that person, I probably you don't give some great if we were kids, man, Yeah, but but.
Speaker 2: I was a kid too, and I wasn't doing that. Yep, I wasn't. I wasn't you know what I mean. I wasn't the bully.
Speaker 4: I wasn't like, you know, like lowing that kids that everybody didn't have your family structure.
Speaker 2: Mom understand that.
Speaker 1: So which is why it's cool, Like I still do the interview, but I'm gonna let you know, like, oh, yeah, I remember you in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was calling me corny and all the year I remember.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna walk away and not give you the interview because it's not I'm not you know, I'm not petty about it. I'm not upset about it. I'm gonna let you know that I didn't forget though, you know what I'm saying, that's when we talked I could be handled it per Tracy Morgan situation was a little different whatever happened between him and homie. Tracy Morgan is never letting that go. Like whatever that dude did, Tracy Mrgan is making it clear like, yo, I didn't do that to you. You know what I'm saying, And now I don't got no change to you. I can't help you out. Nah, I'm cool. I understand that. And people shouldn't expect Tracy Morgan hands that are not you could have because I see people. Nah, Tracey could have gave him something though, but he or he didn't have to. It's that part of it too, like and he didn't have to like he's he's he's on the right. He can do whatever he wants to do. I can either help this dude out even though he did some waxtion to me when we were both coming up with both young comics coming up in New York City, or now that my life is I'm mad where I'm at and he's, you know, down.
Speaker 2: On his luck. I don't have to be there to help him.
Speaker 3: I'm not obligated to give money to bums who didn't do fucked up shit to me.
Speaker 2: I'm not obligated to give money to people in my life that I love who didn't do fucked up shit.
Speaker 3: I'm not obligated to give shit to know fuckingbody. So for you to have the audacity or you could have gave him something. Why do other people always try to hand out other people money?
Speaker 1: You give him some money, they love doing that, They love spending your money. Nah, you could have get And then here's here's the craziest part about that whole thing. Tracy Morgan could have gave him one hundred dollars bill out of his pocket somebody.
Speaker 2: That's all he gave him. That's why you can't even fall into that, because what's enough Tracey supposed to buy this nigga house? You know what I'm saying, Like, Yo, he could have he could have moved him in. What move that your crib?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like you got you got every Adams was asking us to do during COVID. If you have room migrants, you're gonna move a migrant in with pay you that Walmart truck hit me, not you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you talking about? Like, Nah, I'm not doing it. But that's what I'm saying. You have to be careful because in Tracy Morgan's position. Even if he pulled money out of his pocket and gave him HOMEI something, it would have been people still saying that's all he gave him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't, you can't, man.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I understand that you you do me dirty on the come up, and you know I've become successful and I'm lit, and I see years later you down on your luck, Bri, I ain't got enough for you.
Speaker 3: And whether even if you don't know that, I know that you just a fucked up shit like it's some people back in my hometown. Then I have some hashit to say the Marris thinks she all that, Themeris thinks she is that, I hear about shit like that. And then when I go to town, I don't speak. It's like, see I was right. It's like nahr, I don't got to let you know that I know.
Speaker 2: What you said. You just blow dick. It's not my way that can blow my minds.
Speaker 4: So but I say all that healthy ship to say that no I'm down telling you to suck dick.
Speaker 2: I'm not. It's help, I'm not healed. It's healthy.
Speaker 1: Every day I think somebody, we should all be able to yell outside suck my dick at some point every day.
Speaker 2: I think that will leave a lot of stress.
Speaker 4: And the arrogance bothers me even more. That's what really boils my blood. And somebody coming back like.
Speaker 2: Do you not remember what the funk you did to me? I can't wait? Wat your fucking mind? Oh?
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see some of the niggas. I went to high school with niggas. Ain't got no teeth, I can't. I'm waiting for the next reunion. I'm cutting ass. You look, you look crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm you're not going what would be your next reunion?
Speaker 2: Not to try to aid you?
Speaker 4: Uh, that's gonna be there. No, No, I'm actually because I'm coming ship. It would be plus one and three years, which would be how many years?
Speaker 2: Twenty tweeny nine, thirty years?
Speaker 4: I'm two thousand and eight in high school thirty years ago, got day twenty twenty twenty six minus two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I got all my hair on my teeth though, baby, do you stay? Said it's still? Get up? Oh my? Who said that? Baby? Do Who's day? You want me to business? No? No? No, but who whose day? Who said it?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 2: That's to overshare like a celebrity. They said that.
Speaker 4: I'm two years away from my twentieth eighteen this year when yours baby d my tenth just passed.
Speaker 1: Y'all old, Okay, so ten we ain't, but twenty you can three years away for thirty. How tenth just passing your twentyeth it's coming up.
Speaker 2: She's lying.
Speaker 3: I'ment out of high school for It'll be fifteen years this year.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, that's a good number. Fifteen anniversary.
Speaker 3: And that's because I graduated a year early, so it would have been fourteen years this year.
Speaker 2: So damn. I drove past my high school the other day. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's close to my barbershop, and I was just laughing, like, damn, neighborhood changed, boy when I was in school, so that neighborhood I used to yo, y'all don't understand. I literally had to step over like sleeping heroin addicts, Like, y'all's not awake.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. No, it's like brown store. It's beautiful. Now. Look the cosmes live on this show. I'm like, this is beautiful gentrification. I love it. Bring them in. They jogging in the morning down the blog. I'm like, they was never doing this in ninety eight. Are you crazy?
Speaker 3: I got invited to speak out of high school career day.
Speaker 2: To speak out of high school.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm going, Well, they wanted you guys to go, but y'all are a hard ticket to get. Where is it high school? Like it's expensive? I just mean, like time wise, it's in Brooklyn and Brooklyn I'm going, I'm going if y'all are really down, I'll put y'all in touch. But I don't want y'all to say y'all going in y'all.
Speaker 4: I've done that with college stuff.
Speaker 2: I just don't like like promoted or hold on, hold on, because this is a very important question. What kind of high school is this? Is this a public high school? I think so I ain't going them niggas is disrespectful them little public school niggas, y'all nigga.
Speaker 4: I will say I did a high school thing with Uh, me and and Cam did something back when the Poluza days at the high school Vince Staples went to in Long Beach, Cam's and now wife uh was a teacher there, and we did we did a whole presentation of how you can start events and everything. I was petrified being in North Long Beach. I was like, these kids not going like that. They gonna kill us up there, like we're talking about something that I don't even think they interested in. They were the coolest fucking kids ever, super inquisitive, like we we kicked it way longer than we should have been there. Like listen, man, the youth isn't as bad as we think they are. I promise here in Brooklyn, Oh.
Speaker 3: It's not high school, it's long Beach, it's kindergarten.
Speaker 2: Through fourth grade. I'm there. I funk with the kindergarteners. Don't sit me in front of no niggas in eleventh and twelfth grade, told them niggas where they know? What are they want to about career? That h fourth graders?
Speaker 4: Yeah that's when early, but they.
Speaker 3: They focused on I don't think that's Yeah, you start figuring out what you want to do with your life, like and like.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out. Are y'all y'all are not? Are y'all not gonna listen to y' y'all don't remember being kids? When you were a kid, and okay, I don't remember nothing in kindergarten.
Speaker 3: When you were a kid, people asked you all the time, what you wanted to be. I remember what I wanted to be when and what I wanted to say. Boy Ninja said, I want to be a Ninja.
Speaker 1: I was like seven years old. I don't know about anything else, Ninja. That's what I gave him the kinnergarden, I want to be a ninja?
Speaker 2: Really? Yes, Okay, what do you asks in kindergarten? What do the dames? I say, well, I would love to study law at Harvard and no, but they said some of them to say doctor, some say yeah, they don't.
Speaker 1: Give you that veterinarian firefighters.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be a place Christian when I was and then it switched to psychology and that followed me up until college.
Speaker 2: Like these things do stick with kids. But I do they ask you what you want to be in kindergarten? For sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do think at an early age they said kindergarten through fourth grade. I do think at an early age kids should be introduced to other avenues. Like you think these kids don't know what content creators are and podcasters fourth grade, they definitely.
Speaker 2: They definitely do now.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if they know if it was a constant grade, is not that how old is fourth grade? Is fourth grade is eight?
Speaker 3: I think yeah, nine nine nine. A nine year old is not that young. No, that's why I was age nine.
Speaker 4: And he's definitely watching the Content creators like he wants his PC.
Speaker 3: Now, he wants starting youtubes at at fucking six seven years old. Their parents are starting youtubes like this is it's not too early, not even close.
Speaker 4: And even before my barber, my whole life moved down North Carolin. He's come to my house and I had our our YouTube, the Plaque ship up and he brought his son that was probably in fifth, fifth or sixth grade, and he was like looking at that ship like it was God. He was like, yo, dad, he's a YouTuber. And my barber look at me like the fuck what that means? Like why is my son acting like this?
Speaker 2: I'll do that though, I'm down to do that. I'm down and told you.
Speaker 3: Some kids, Well let me know that I have the date. I'll tell you what the date is. But yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm excited. Yeah, I do want to start mentoring young girls.
Speaker 4: What we also could do with their parents' permission, not anything that we would put out, but we could do like we could bring mics and like do an episode with them that they could keep. Yeah, that could be kind of cool, Like put two kids just bring the mics in one camera. That would be cute and they could do their own that that I think would be got.
Speaker 2: But we got to ask the hard hidden questions.
Speaker 4: We got to ask kinder juice, orange juice, Palestine, Israel, depends which Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: School it is. Now with Tothy, y'all soon be saved, be blessed. I'm that nigga, he's just ginger peace.
Speaker 4: No,