Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: It's Lala Kent.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Untraditionally Lala.
Speaker 3: Hey Vibbs is yours truly, Laala Kent, Welcome to the bonus episode of Untraditionally La La.
Speaker 1: Hello, Easton Burningham? How are we doing?
Speaker 2: Hello? I'm great, I'm great. I'm injured. I'm great.
Speaker 1: I'm great. I'm injured. What happened?
Speaker 2: Shoulder, thigh, you name it? I got it.
Speaker 3: I mean, is that just from your gay softball league that you play in those injuries?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the road.
Speaker 4: The shoulder is kind of a compound of that golf. And I love sleeping on my side so that.
Speaker 3: You can get I knew you could get wrinkles on your face from sleeping on your side.
Speaker 2: I don't care about that. I like a good night's sleep.
Speaker 1: I can dislocate my shoulder sleeping on my side.
Speaker 2: Well, like I just am a side sleeper.
Speaker 4: So for like, over the years, like it just keeps pulling in, like weakening limbs. From what I was told yesterday when they took my.
Speaker 1: Blood, you did PRP in your shoulder.
Speaker 3: So I've only done PRP on my face, which is why I'm so concerned about the now shoulder thing. Being a side sleeper because I've acted actively stopped or tried to stop sleeping on my side to avoid getting wrinkles. And I woke up this morning in full panic because I had a.
Speaker 1: Crease going in the opposite direction, which.
Speaker 3: Meant that my face was pushed against the pillow for an extended period of time causing a wrinkle. That if that happens on a regular basis, it will stay that way, and I'm not okay with that?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something wild?
Speaker 3: Nikki Garcia, we had her on Unlikely an Unlikely Affair, the podcast I have with Amber.
Speaker 1: We were talking about.
Speaker 3: How younger men they don't understand the aging process and the wrinkles and the things that happened to your body. And I was like, I can't be with someone who doesn't know what crows speed are the crows speed are. Yet it started giving me anxiety, which is what this bonus is all about.
Speaker 1: Is anxiety.
Speaker 4: By the way, I know that I get that, but that's where I'm saying, like I sleeping. If I don't sleep well, my day is fulling of anxiety. And now I'm putting that together like if I don't have a good night sleep, I wake up a little anxious, like my breath work through the night when I was sleeping wasn't where it was supposed to be. And I wake up and I feel like I don't look at like wrinkles. I sleep so terribly like arm wise placement of limbs that I wake up and instead of wrinkles in that, I'm thinking, why does this part of my body hurt? Now?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: That's called the aide's like the lower back.
Speaker 4: When I wake up, I'm like, well, that's a little tight, I mean a little bar No.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's a real thing. And it starts kicking in your thirties.
Speaker 4: Give anxiety because now how does one sleep.
Speaker 1: On your back?
Speaker 3: And it's speaking of anxiety, so obviously I feel like anxiety. I don't know if it's just because people are starting to talk about it more because everyone has a platform to talk about it, or if everyone has always struggled with anxiety for me. For me, I think that everyone's anxiety has kicked in because we have so much access to everything all the time, whether it's what's going on in the world, what's going on next door.
Speaker 1: Then you add in the like the vanity portion of it, and you.
Speaker 3: See all of these people like I saw yesterday, Kylie Jenner actually crushed it in that movie with Charlie x c X and Kylie plays herself, but actually that is kind of hard to do.
Speaker 1: When they're like, play yourself, but here's a script.
Speaker 3: To follow, you're like, wait a minute, hold on, Kylie Jenner pretty much ate.
Speaker 1: All I could focus on, though, was the fact that she too has had two kids.
Speaker 3: Her boobs look normal, granted she had a boot job, Her jawline is impeccable, her whole face, her hair, all of it. Now, it's not lost on me that she has access to everything on the plan.
Speaker 2: You don't say, but go look at her in twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: You sit, We're not shading anybody.
Speaker 2: No, do what you want.
Speaker 4: Then, all I'm saying is you can't compare her looks to what anyone looks like because her looks are artificial.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but okay, well that brings me to my point of anxiety. You start looking and you're like, oh my god, Like I already called doctor Diamond and said, like we got to fix this jaw, Like I'm coming in April eighteenth, No, April fifteenth, Like you got to carve.
Speaker 1: Me out, buddy.
Speaker 2: We have different anxieties.
Speaker 1: We certainly do.
Speaker 3: So Anyway, Alex's earl came out saying that there's like a stigma around anxiety medication. And she goes on to say that she has been medicated since the age of fourteen.
Speaker 2: She's off of it, right, So.
Speaker 3: This is a quote she did an article, an interview with people. It can feel really scary, and there feels and there feels like there's like a stigma around it at times. But honestly, a lot of my friends, a lot of people I know, are also on medication for anxiety depression OCD, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she's still medicated.
Speaker 2: Can I say one thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, after like even my relapse going on seven months, right or we're like six and a half going on seven I was on anti anxiety and anti depression, and I want to say it was escatalopram, and I'll double check when I went in for my peptides, and that doctor, the old gentleman.
Speaker 3: Here, now I allowed to say that you were on your fourth relapse.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, I couldn't stop relapsing and I was on these pills and I there was just like there was no light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 2: So I went and got these peptides. There was a.
Speaker 4: Gentleman who was forty years sober or forty five, Yeah, and he came in and he put a short hand on my shoulder and he goes, you're going to continue to relapse if you continue to take these meds.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I'll never forget that.
Speaker 4: That sticks with me every day and being off my medicine has honestly relieved me of more anxiety. Wow. And I don't not for everybody. I'm speaking on me, and it's a personal thing. But like even if you you know, if you still have anxiety while taking meds, maybe you know, like I I'm not going to say like I took I stopped doing my meds and like everything was roses. No. I had to work, I breath work, I had to compartmentalize different things that I was thinking about.
Speaker 2: It took a lot of work. But I where I am right now.
Speaker 4: I thank God that I am not on any anxiety medication.
Speaker 1: Well, and again that's your personal experience.
Speaker 2: For me, it's.
Speaker 3: Your personal experience, and everybody is different and it's not one size fits all.
Speaker 4: I think everybody's like chemical imbalance is different in everybody's life.
Speaker 3: I'm a single person, Like everything has to be a tailored any prescription you go on, even your doctor.
Speaker 1: You guys have to be on the same page. And even a.
Speaker 3: Doctor, no one knows you like you know you. If something is feeling off, you have to We've spoken about this. Advocate for your health in every capacity, including mental, which I believe is the most important. Yes, And I was on anti anxiety medication and antidepression medication and I was drinking on.
Speaker 1: It like I couldn't because how stupid am I. I'm like, I'm just why I got really depressed.
Speaker 3: It's like it's called the Daily Sunday Series because you've been sipping on as apressant.
Speaker 4: And that's where I think where I would take my med and I was like, I'm still depressed, so I would go down the liquor thing and it was like I was hoping that pill would be the cure of all.
Speaker 2: I still had to do work.
Speaker 4: Even if maybe if I took the pills and I did the work that I still did, maybe the pills would benefit me.
Speaker 2: But right now, I like where I'm at okay.
Speaker 1: So then there shouldn't be anything that changes.
Speaker 2: There's the thing.
Speaker 3: I tend to go to holistic route before I tap in medication. But I'm also I'm not somewhare though that it's against it. I'm like, there are points in time where it's like I'm going to need to tap in science and someone put me on something. I am not on anything right now, just like my regular supplements. But I will say when I started filming again, I had so much anxiety it was debilitating for me to leave the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah that I was there, I'm there, I'm all. I think everybody's there. And the one thing that I always have to get there, I can get anxiety, Like overthinking is what gives me anxiety.
Speaker 1: Tell me this, when you when you make a plan, do you start playing it in your mind, like what are we going to talk about her? And then order? And then what if? What if what I ate doesn't.
Speaker 2: Agree with me? Well, then that's.
Speaker 4: Whatever I eat. You gotta make sure because I'm a homeplate shitter. So if i'm out about I'm eating salads. But when I make plans, Yes, that is what I used to do and I'm doing it now. But I'm trying to work on it and not think I made plans. What are these plans going to consist of? What conversation? What if this doesn't go right? Oh my gosh, what if so and so says this? And something is brought up that I don't want to talk about. Oh my gosh, what if so and so comes and brings more conversation? And then I go, wow, I want to cancel. Now I make the plan, and I go perfect, what am I doing right now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Keep your head where you're keeping my hair?
Speaker 4: And then even when it's getting closer and I'm like, oh, I have to start getting ready. What am I going to wear? Let's brush my tea? Should I do whitening strips? Just let's think in the now, and before you know it, you're blowing my you you can go out, And then that's what I've tried to do.
Speaker 2: And I'm not thinking of any conversation.
Speaker 4: I'm not even thinking, like, I can't even think about how I'm going to say hello to you, because that anxiety right there will send me home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I just think, okay, right now I'm going to get out of my car. Do I have everything? Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's walk and enjoy this scene I'm not thinking about who I'm seeing, where we're going.
Speaker 2: I'm just enjoying what is going on around me at that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because once you get there, does your anxiety.
Speaker 4: Kind of that's dissipated because now it's like I've looked at things.
Speaker 2: And I'll be like, did you guys?
Speaker 4: See Like it's almost like just being in the now has brought me so much peace, well peace, and not only that, but like little conversations that you're worried about having.
Speaker 2: Now I'm like, did you see the billboard of Da Da Da Da? I had no idea that was coming out, and now it started a whole thing. And now just.
Speaker 3: Being in this it gives me so much anxiety, see literally, And I think that's another reason why I keep a very group of friends, because I know who I feel comfortable with.
Speaker 1: It feels effortless. I don't worry. I look forward to it any time.
Speaker 3: Like even if I have a group that I'm going with and they're like, oh I invited so, and so I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh no, how was I going to throw it off?
Speaker 1: That may throw off the dynamic and it and then I have.
Speaker 3: To ask them how they've been and they're going to tell me a bunch of shit that I.
Speaker 2: Don't care about. The ball talk. Ball talk? Is the anxiety?
Speaker 1: Is this normal?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I think this is what comes with age.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like it should be calmed down with age.
Speaker 4: No, because I feel like no, no, no, no, no, I look at it, and because I have anxiety.
Speaker 2: I feel like with age you get more of it.
Speaker 4: You feel like you should be in a certain spots you're looking at other people's life, comparing yourself.
Speaker 2: Why am I not ahead?
Speaker 4: Or things like that when you're young in twenty or twenty one going out comparison is the.
Speaker 1: Is the raw? Is the thief of joy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so true. Yeah, but like that, I feel like a lot of people do that, you know, so, I think.
Speaker 1: When they see things, you start aspiring.
Speaker 4: Like they Let me just put it this way for you. You have kids, Yes, you see a whole bunch of other kids you don't, But how many other of those people are comparing those not the kids, but the lifestyles of kids around a lot?
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 4: You may not see it, but like there's a lot of people who are seeing, like what other kids are getting from their parents that maybe I can't afford now that starts to give me anxiety. Where have I gone wrong? What have I done? How can I get better?
Speaker 3: They haven't hit that point yet in minutes because Ocean's still so young. She's going to be starting like real big kids school soon. Yeah, I'm still unsure where she's going to go at this point in time.
Speaker 1: You have to remember we're going the private school.
Speaker 4: Route, and then there's going to be kids, see and I'm only thinking for me, not my kid, But like, it will start to give me anxiety if she's falling back in school or if she's ahead in school. You start there's just anxiety that just keeps coming as an adult type hit.
Speaker 3: But I have to say this, what she experiences at school, she's going to experience at the other house anyway. Like Ocean has already been in really amazing cars, She's already been on private jets, and I have to she doesn't talk.
Speaker 1: About it, no, like those things.
Speaker 2: But there's parents that you'll never be able to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's parents that will never be able to do that for their kid or anything else.
Speaker 3: It is one percent of the population on the planet that maybe less I know, but no, it will actually experience life in that way. The stressors, yes, of kids, especially in a place like Los Angeles. People are giving their sixteen year olds Aston Martin's as their first car. And for me, I have experienced all of that that. I think if Ocean came to me, I'd be like, get the fuck over it. You're not having that car. There's your Hyundai, which I love, by the way, I mean Hunda very say, very like, that's.
Speaker 2: What I would be getting. Car love Corolla. Get out of here. That's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Do you know how hard I rock with my GMC Denali.
Speaker 2: That's a very nice vehicle. Oh, very nice.
Speaker 1: No, it's very nice.
Speaker 4: It's very nice, very nice, very nice.
Speaker 2: Not a Chevy. It's a GMC Yukon Denali, not just a Yukon.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know cars, very you do not know cars, because yours is the top tier of that brand. I thought the Escalade was well that, yes, but then you're two different cars. I mean you could have got yours with like a bigger engine that's like a sport exactly why, And then I don't know escalades dark invader lightsabers on the back of the Escalator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those big long lights, like what are we doing and feel.
Speaker 1: The need to spend more money on a car where I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I have you more anxiety throw to pit.
Speaker 3: Bulls in here to children, I mean most of the time, which also gives me massive anxiety when I because I keep like my area very clean, right, And then Lisa gets in all her shit in the center console and I then I look in the back and the kid's Ocean is eating whatever she's eating, spilling crumbs everywhere.
Speaker 1: Sosa is unscrewed the lid to her bottle because she can do that now, and is whipping the milk everywhere. I go into full panic.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think motherhood has allowed me, as much as possible, with just what's in my nature to kind of let go and find the gray because by nature, I'm more like my dad. Where I'm I just am very particular about things. I start feeling like there's an elephant on my chest when Ocean, listen how simple this is, and I have to actively you guys, you guys are gonna think I'm horrible. I have to actively tell myself to like not worry about it. This is how silly it gets. If she decides to bring a stuffy and a book into my room because I go but it doesn't belong there in my head. I don't tell her that. I just let it happen.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, you can take it back downstairs. But I'm like, but it doesn't belong.
Speaker 2: Oh, you need to work the K Pop.
Speaker 3: Demon Hunter book and the ginormous technicolored stuffy doesn't go in my bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but think how excited she gets, would you? I know?
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying is there are some things that are just.
Speaker 2: In Is that OCD?
Speaker 4: It might be that's OCD, because like for me, I can I was last night. I slept with a thing on my leg just to wrap it middle of the night, woke up, took it off and just through it. Don't know where it went. I picked that up this morning, but like, could you do that? I would fold it and put it back into the cabin.
Speaker 2: I just throw it on the ground and we'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Because I don't want to wake up to it. I need to wake up in the morning. I have such a strict routine. I don't want anything that does not belong, even the cord that comes out of my nightstand that I plug. You need to exposure I'm exposed.
Speaker 2: No, you need more exposure therapy.
Speaker 4: You need to wake up with your why to bring you down from one hundred when little things are off, to not send you down a spiral.
Speaker 3: Okay, but tell me this. Do you think it's because I have such little control? Which sounds weird because I actually do have a lot of control in my life, but there are certain things that we cannot control. So do you think that it manifests itself into me controlling the one thing that I can control, which is my bedroom.
Speaker 4: Here's the one thing that I'm taking from this. You can control a lot of things. You can't control any outcomes. You can control the outcome of this. Yes, the outcome is so clean. That is your outcome with everything that you do in life. Yes, you can do it and you have control. But what is the outcome with where you're going?
Speaker 1: You don't know, but the house would.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 4: You're you You like it because you know that you have control over that at all times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm no doctor, but maybe we're getting down to something.
Speaker 3: Also, I know who the culprit is of the messy house all the time. It ain't the kids, my mom is in Palm Springs right now. Days for three days. The house is immaculate. I mean, and there's two kids. They're they're still here running around. It's business as usual.
Speaker 1: My mother is the cause.
Speaker 2: Of all of the came. Oh yeah, because I go now.
Speaker 1: Even the playroom, you guys were up there. It looks great.
Speaker 2: Well here, yeah, because we pick up things here and there.
Speaker 4: But Mom will get things out to play with them and then say it was them.
Speaker 2: She's a little ship.
Speaker 1: And this is also what happens with my mom. She will be like a tornado.
Speaker 3: And my whole thing is, why don't you clean up as you go that way at the end of the night. You're not spending an hour cleaning up the day's mess, like when you make no one makes a MESSI er peanut butter and jelly toast, like something as simple as that looks like someone has been.
Speaker 2: Whipping up out fucking four star michel and meal.
Speaker 1: I look at it and I'm like, how did this happen?
Speaker 2: And she's got her one little cracker walking around.
Speaker 4: One cracker and without the plane, cracker just spilling everywhere. We have dogs. Let's just let's not do that. But okay, just all.
Speaker 3: Of these little things that are that cause me anxiety.
Speaker 2: It's from the oh, is that what we've called.
Speaker 1: Me to be medicated? We just I mean the Jesus por shit together. Well, I want to be very very clear.
Speaker 3: In case you guys along the way thought Eastern Night were doctors, we are not. If you are medicated, we coast that do work. We talked about what works for us. It can always change. I'm glad that alex Earl because she has such a tremendous platform and from the outside you look at her life and go, she's beautiful, She's perfect. What could she possibly be stressed about? Depressed about tripping on? It's people like her that we need to continue the conversation so that people who are struggling mentally know that they are not alone. And even people they watch and think their lives are amazing are still battling the same shit as everybody else. So with that, I wish you the best day of your whole life. Go out there and slay the day. Thank you for listening to another episode bonus episode of Untraditionally La La. I'm gonna catch you Wednesday for a regular old episode and again next week.
Speaker 1: Bye.