Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Miles.
Speaker 1: We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat. Through trials and tribulations, the government tried to shut him down, but he's here. Very funny comedian and writer who you have seen doing stand up in places like your TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Internet. Yeah.
Speaker 1: His new album ran Through is now available to pre order on Apple and Vinyl. Please welcome back to the show, the hilarious, the talented Alan Strickland, will y'all.
Speaker 3: Of you all star Weekend, y'all, thanks for having me. What's up, y'all, it's going to be back. Thanks for thanks for having me. And yeah, you know, just for the listeners. Little backstory, I guess Transformer neighborhood powers out. So we're so so we're on a hot yeah.
Speaker 2: And I get you should see it. You're not even seeing this. This man has his fingers locked behind his head, leaning back. That's how easy he is about this.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried. I Meanwhile, I'm like, my foot's shaking a hole in the ground underneath the table. Cool at eye water over here.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's that's who he is. In a catastrophe. He's exactly hands by leg vibrating.
Speaker 3: I probably caused it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, how do you.
Speaker 1: What do you think going too hard?
Speaker 2: What do you what do you suspect did it? When you say you're rocking too hard, it's because you've got like a bit bitcoin.
Speaker 3: Mind, I got the big coin. But guys downstairs, I've got my three I got all my hair stuff. You have my hair team in there. They're in they're in the master bathroom and they get in and around five forty five every morning, I've got a routine. Uh you know, Mark Wahlberg, how has that crazy routineries up at like three, I've got that. But it's just for my hair. So it's like my hair's up then, yeah, tweaking it.
Speaker 2: It's dry.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Thank you very much, very it's very kind of you. Yeah, there's a lot of We're drawing a lot of power from a lot of different neighboring counties to Los Angeles, so it's just really, you know, we gotta figure this stuff out, guys. You gotta figure this stuff out. The grid, Uh, we gotta figure the grid out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, if anything for for Alan's hair, and those aren't hair plugs, so that's that's natty up top. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now now the plugs would even work right now because the power's right.
Speaker 1: Guys, that's comedy that you get. This upcoming album ran through. When's it drop, Allen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it drops this Friday, October twenty fifth. You can pre order right now. We've got a lot of one liners. We've got a lot of relatable bits. We've got some poignant yet hilarious takes on the celestial bodies that hang in the sky above. Oh maybe some trauma stuff. Dating's weird, you know, stuff like that. The get We'll get into all of it. We wrap it all up nicely for you. You're gonna lie, You're gonna light the way you laugh. I guarantee it all right.
Speaker 1: And that plug was as organic as the ones in your scale.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: What is something from your search history that is revealing.
Speaker 5: About who you are on Saturday, as it will be forever known going forward to the day after I saw miles. Oh yeah, I plus one D day plus one and I they don't give plus ones for D Day. I noticed whenever I go to Normandy, they just make you go solo. But I had to google bike tube because I fucked up a day. I fucked up my Saturday in a way that I'm like, I don't know if I should be allowed to make a decision ever again. And I drove to New Brunswick, which is like forty five minutes away, which is a shithole, but they have a great beautiful bike path that goes along like the Raretan Delaware River. So drove my bike out there. Didn't realize a Rutgers game was going on. Home game, so I was driving into football traffic like right when the game was right before. So already fucked myself. And then I get to the I couldn't park. I finally park right across. It was right next to the stadium. And then two like three miles into the ride, I hit a rock at a speed that was crazy and just blew my just blew up my front tire and I'm like, oh, I don't know how to fix this. And I was like trying to get an uber to take me back to my car, but there were search prices because of Yeah, so I was getting so I was cheap.
Speaker 1: Bankrupted yourself taking a bike ride?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bankrupted myself. So I ended up just sitting and looking up how to change a tire and then I patched it. I figured it out after like an hour, and then it.
Speaker 2: Like popped again.
Speaker 5: So I had to walk three miles and like my tiny little outfit all the way back to my car through this weird.
Speaker 1: Part a bike out yeah, I have on social media.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah it was, and it was real. It was one of the more revealing ones that I.
Speaker 2: And you were wearing one that says Saint John's on it, so you were really getting smoked too.
Speaker 5: I was really Yeah, I was wearing a Chris Mullen jersey and a Saint John's bottoms saying on the left ask cheek John's jaw.
Speaker 2: N r Saint John's. Wait, did you have a So you had like a patch kit on you?
Speaker 5: I had patches, and then I had to like it's so inside the tire there's a tube and a tire. So the tube is what you inflate if you have that type of tire, it's like a little like a mini tire. I guess, yeah, and that's what had the holes in it. So I covered the holes and I was able to be like, oh, I fixed it, and then I didn't. Apparently I hit that rock so hard it was not fixed. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Thought that was only children's bikes, but that's okay if you ride children's Wow.
Speaker 5: Feel my bike has three wheels on it. I'm sorry, tricycle Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But it does feel like they need to start making bikes specifically to deal with the speed at which you ride that thing with those plumpers like it would it be safe to say that, like, bike companies should probably just start like change their approach when it comes to how you ride that.
Speaker 2: Thing, thank you. So I've reached out to Ford every day for the past three years trying to get them to make me a bike, a Ford bicycle, and they won't do it.
Speaker 5: So Chevy. Yeah, and it has to be American made. If it's not, I'm not going to fucking ride it.
Speaker 2: You know this.
Speaker 5: So Mazda earmuffs the other ones. I only I can only name Mazda's Internet National cars, so hummer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I won't ask what kind of car you drive in your personal life because I don't want to ruin the brand image, but it is. It's a super Roo Bronco. Yeah yeah, it's a super Yeah SUPERU Silverado, the Silver Kim. What's something you think is underrated? Uh?
Speaker 6: State holidays? Because today is Nevada Day And did you guys know Nevada has its own holiday.
Speaker 7: I didn't know what do you do to celebrate? Do you gamble?
Speaker 6: Traditionally you go to brothels gamble, Uh pay tithings.
Speaker 7: To that's like every state.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, when I moved to California, I was like, when's California Day? In California doesn't have a California Day, but Nevada Day does.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I thought California would have a California Day because in Nevada on Nevada Day it is like like a federal holiday. All the banks are closed, DMVs closed, stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I was waiting for California Day because you know, everyone wants an extra day off. It never fucking came and I realized it was, uh not every state has it, but every everything feels special like California every day.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying. It's not every state needs one, you know, feel.
Speaker 2: Good about ourselves.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's Vegas, but everyone knows Vecas. The rest of us need to feel special.
Speaker 2: Park County is getting all the fucking attention, you know what I mean? Isn't that what the county that the Vegas is in? I think so, Yeah, I'm just gonna say that as if I know. I'm pretty sure it is. Yep, it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we don't have I mean, I probably because we also respect a lot of other holidays, and I'm sure other states wouldn't because you know, like some places are like MLK Day even though we're like I think we should all what are we really not gonna okay that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm pretty sure like Indigenous People's Day went right over most people's heads here, even though they are a really large community of that, right.
Speaker 2: It probably depends on, yeah, the governor and their outlook. And like it's still Columbus Day. We still like Italian Genocide or day. Okay, it's one of our favorites.
Speaker 7: Mummy. Yeah, shout out the Columbia change though, for without which the world might not have potatoes.
Speaker 1: What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, Calie sober, which is what I've been sort of doing, which is where you only have weed. Yes, I've been taking some time off of alcohol. It fucking sucks. I'm just like so stoned all the time and like and like kind of basically non functional the second the sun goes down. But I don't feel as bad in the morning, which is the one silver lining. But that's like turning me into a morning person, which I'm not. So I have the worst of all worlds, which I'll wake up. I'm unwillingly waking up at the crack of dawn, but I am still like sleepy and out of it in the evening.
Speaker 1: I know I don't as good as you're gonna feel.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I got I guess I gotta. I gotta move into like like New Mexico sober or whatever and just do meth. But just yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The whole process of waking up because you never get to sleep.
Speaker 4: Kelly Sober is always interesting to me. I mean I do. I am a firm believer that we is better for you than alcohol as far as it's your body.
Speaker 2: That's largely why I started. But it's not that great if I'm being honest.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you're still just like you know, like I know, we we smoke a lot in California, but it's not as social, yeah as it can be, you know, because you still got to like go outside and you know, you gotta light up. You gotta have the circle or you got somebody has to have the weed worst versus like if they I believe like Cali Sober will become more social and more of a fun thing to be when we start opening up more weed cafes in California. Yeah, if we open up where you can actually like go to a place you can eat and like, you know, commune with people, I think it'll be like, h it'll be even more fun to be Cali Sober.
Speaker 2: I think those those places because I feel like when they started legalizing weed, like people tried those businesses. And here's my guess as to why that shit doesn't work, is like it's much harder to get someone to buy like ten joints in a night, whereas you can get someone to buy ten shots. Sure, like you.
Speaker 1: Can have one joint and immediately be like I'm I'm waiting too high right now. The last thing I want is anymore. I think the business. The business model's tough.
Speaker 4: I mean, but like Amsterdam has it, like with coffee shops and so they figured so like it. Probably it isn't like a I mean they do have a few bars, and I know tourists at those places uption and shit like that. But like I think, like food has to be a big.
Speaker 2: Yeah to it, Like you have to make money some other way.
Speaker 4: You got to make the money, like from like food and people just being able to sit down and smoke and eat and like laugh and like have get like you you know what, you want to open a business?
Speaker 1: We can do this, man, Yeah you can may pitch yeah, Miles's pitches that they just need to do it at movie theaters, which absolutely that would be just have.
Speaker 2: Like optional movie theaters.
Speaker 1: Essentially, you know there's oh my god, there's a weed bar, and then you have bar movies.
Speaker 2: And you basically you just re up for ten dollars every hour if you don't want to move from your seat.
Speaker 4: And then also you got to be able to talk, Like you gotta be able to fucking talk in the movie, Like if you don't had any smoke because I smoke and I go watch horror movies, doesn't make you more fun for me because I'll be I am like, I will become like the stereo, not in a disruptive way like people be, but I will become the stereotypical man. I don't go in there, come on, now, come on now, all ship you know. I mean that would because I'm high and like so if I'm gonna be smoking and a movie, you gotta I want this to be song for everybody. Like we're gonna be giggling and talking and laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and guess who's not gonna give a shit about you talking during the movie. The other extreme one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people, it costs five dollars for every half hour to stay in the seat. Stay as long as or long or as little as you want. But you're wrenching the chair. Movies are just playing. You can order food on your phone. We cracked it.
Speaker 4: Be great, we cracked its.
Speaker 2: Cracked it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think people, I think the only not downfall. But what will happen is you will start to get people who will try to fuck in the movie theater because it will it will put you in like nobody else's around, right.
Speaker 1: We're yeah, we're adding businesses at an alarming rate. But I do think like an hour like motel with like one of those love like heart shaped hot tubs in it could.
Speaker 2: Be a good movie.
Speaker 4: Or put a little canopy over your two seats and just zip it up.
Speaker 2: That's too much.
Speaker 1: I don't like that so many people are going to be jacking off, and then.
Speaker 2: After each person goes, you basically got to like close the canopy again. Fill it completely with bleach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a float pool. Like what are what are those like sensory deprivation tanks? Yea, they just like replace it.
Speaker 2: Not listen, these are all details though. We're just talking logistics because.
Speaker 1: I feel so I'm just incidentally mentioning a business that we should probably add a sensory deprivation tank. Just this is this is an adult entertainment complex, but like not in the pornographic way, you know, h entertain You might as well also add a sky zone for adults, like where adults can just you know, get high and then jump on trampolines.
Speaker 2: I will say it is crazy that there is not just like a walk up sensory deprivation tank on like the Las Vegas strip, just like a little you know, like like just like one of those like side businesses next to a casino or in the Morgan Wear casino malls and you just like be alone for and it's quiet for like fifteen minutes, or play an.
Speaker 1: Absolute mess to like just imagining the amount of bacterial infections that people get at those things is yeah, I've done it once, and yeah, it's like I had a minor scrape on my leg and it like was burning because of all the chemicals in the water because legally there has to be because I think it's mostly salt.
Speaker 2: But yeah, sensory deprivation. You're it's you alone with the flora and fauna of every person that's ever been in that.
Speaker 1: Ye, just the biome of every Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll come back.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about the news. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: Like I said, we are very very close to election day, and you know, as the race gets closer, there's been a lot of early scape voting draped in polling. You know, how will Arab voters vote, How will the Muslim communities of Michigan vote? Will they let Trump win? There's like that kind of like rhetorica will they let Trump win? Why are black men abandoning Kamala was her plan not good enough? With the crypto and all the other things. To that, I say, please direct your critiques at the significant voting block that is white America and ask why they aren't bothered. I think that's maybe a little bit of an easier question to ask those those numbers tend to be than the marginal sort of groups that you're using to sort of create this like I don't know pre explanation in the event that Harris does not win. But as Jack has mentioned, the business blocked many times. But the more you look at how billionaires are using their influence to affect the race or just kind of get in the way of like the normal discourse, it's pretty clear that these people have no issue with the Trump presidency either. So I feel like is another worthy question and something that is worthy of some journalistic analysis. First, is the La Times the main newspaper, Yes, the La Times. They are owned by billionaire South African and musk friend doctor Patrick Soon Schong, and he vetoed earlier this week the editorial Board's plan to endorse Harris, which resulted in the resignation of the editorials editor Mariel Garza doctor Sun Shong tried to explain this away as him like he's like, well, what I did was I pro posed sort of like a like, let's take all the issues and analyze how they will affect Americans and give people sort of a non partisan analysis to help voters decide how they would like to vote. But it was quickly dismissed as bullshit, as Mario Garza herself said, no, we were planning to endorse. He said no to that shit. And that's why I think, that's why I'm walking from this, because these people are fucking meddling and just something that's very been very normal practice for the La Times since about two thousand and eight. And I think this also goes along with like the trend we have seen of like the wealthy buying newspapers and gutting them an attempt to kill local journalism, which.
Speaker 7: Is doesn't bezos on like the Washington Post or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he does, he does too, he does too. And we've seen them also have some interesting like a.
Speaker 7: Lot of the headlines have become like oh, it's like pretty normal to be in a gatorade bottle and you're like, what what I'm kidding. I'm totally joking.
Speaker 6: I know they're on TikTok. I like their TikTok crow.
Speaker 7: Right, the wa po TikTok. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: And again everything's a grain of salt because bezos.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, it's just a very like again, we see that, you know, whether you own a newspaper or sit in the c suite of a you know, conglomeration of a company that you know owns different TV news networks, there are ways to be like, let's do this. Maybe let's not talk about this as we've seen, Yeah, clearly for this last year, especially that relates to what's happened in Gaza and the gend ongoing genocide there.
Speaker 7: But then all right, and you've convinced me I'm gonna start a paper. I'm gonna for the regular people come, come do and on and get my Halloway paper.
Speaker 2: See yeah yeah yeah. So aside from that, and I think a lot of people, there are a lot of celebrities like well, I never I'm going to cancel my subscription to the La Times. I mean, there's a way to get through that with ad blockers and stuff. But I'm not here to advocate for that. I mean, that's just that's what Reddit's for.
Speaker 7: We would never copy and payte stay into a Google doc.
Speaker 2: We've been never never look for a cashed version of the website that or use private browsing to try and get in the other way. But then we have the fine folks at MSNBC, you know, they fucking love the horse race and being like, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know Trump.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's kind of kooky, but let's you know, maybe he could, maybe he could not. We just don't know. They've been finding very interesting people to platform, like a recent recent segment from Alex Wagner, to platform people like these black people in Pennsylvania that will be voting for Trump. Now, anyone who has heard Trump speak may have recognized that a lot of these quote unquote normal voters people had very similar talking points like that they were also repeating, which I get to the repetition of it, kind of like American people just like, yeah, she's not qualified or educated enough. You're like, are you really doing really really, there's a lot to say about Harris as a candidate, but they're sort of using like the very trick like.
Speaker 7: This dumb floot bitch.
Speaker 2: Man, excuse me, and I'm no feminist. There was a woman who said that it's like and I'm no feminist. I'm like, and that's fine, and I get that that was very clear. But here's the thing I'm not saying that. You know, like, there's no way that there are black people that support Donald Trump. But this is just sort of how I don't know if this is bad journalism or propaganda. When you looked at one of the people that was speaking like to this, like this quote unquote panel of like normal voters in Pennsylvania, one of the women speaking is literally a Republican candidate for office that is running this cycle, and they.
Speaker 7: Are you saying she's not a black woman? Is that what you're saying, Miles?
Speaker 2: It is in political arts.
Speaker 7: Are you saying she turned black after being a Republican? Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Miles, Not at all. I'm saying this is some opportunistic shit. We've seen places like CNN do that when they have their quote unquote undecided voters, and there are people who are like very much just Trump voters, but they're being like, I don't know, maybe we'll see it's just sort of like this lack of.
Speaker 7: Undecided and whether they're racist or sexist?
Speaker 6: How much money they which one?
Speaker 2: They want to openly admit to being on national television, And I get that is a hard decision to make. I totally get that they're also on Twitter. Some people have alleged that another woman in the video was part of a local Mom's for Liberty group, So hardly just like normal people assurance liberty, that regressive, homophobic group. That's like, we don't want kids knowing about anything that will get them to have We don't. We're anti empathy.
Speaker 7: Don't look at it, don't look down when you're in the shower, make you die. Contact with the shower head, It'll let it dribble out. Don't let the shower pressure be too.
Speaker 2: Lie, turn down the water pressure. So again, I'm not sure if this is just bad journalism or just straight up propaganda, but the segment was quite pointless, like when you look at these sort of like the underlying details in question, Yes.
Speaker 7: Myles, as a black man, how do you represent your demographic?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What?
Speaker 1: What like?
Speaker 7: What are you guys gonna do? What are black men? Well, right now, Indian people, we're gonna sell ourselves out. Okay, yeah, yeah, thank.
Speaker 2: You so much, Thank you so much. Yes, black people, and look, I do have the opportunity to speak for Japanese people too, because we are a monolith.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, we're known Black and Japanese people always voting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, Rui Hachimura, Naomi Osaka. You know we're out here. We're trying to make a difference. Although I don't think really can vote because he's not a citizen, but as I have this jersey hanging behind me. But you know, we're gonna do the right thing. What we like to do is just continue to I think the kinta cloth thing in the capital rotunda was big, was really big.
Speaker 7: It was huge.
Speaker 2: It was huge. It showed me that Nancy Pelosi's knees were like she's spry. She was able to take a knee unassisted. And I wasn't pressed with that. I was impressed with that physical ability.
Speaker 7: That's incredible. We were went over by when Trump spoke handy really poorly and that weird ad from years ago. Wait what there was an ad word. Trump spoke handy and it was like the worst pronunciation.
Speaker 2: Are you for real?
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my god, I'm like.
Speaker 7: Pandering or whatever. I think he just said like a few words, but it was really bad.
Speaker 6: He did that for Nevada in twenty sixteen, Like in Reno. He's like, everyone says it's Nevada, but I know we all know it's Nevada, and Nevada's get so pissed off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't say Nevada. Come on now, I know better than that as someone who's had to campaign for another person many years ago. Oh wait, here's the ad pikey bar Trump chawkar Oh, hold on on on'y key bar Trump shark car.
Speaker 7: Wait. Wait, guys, you guys are watching Like the way his mouth is moving, it's like Hindy was never meant to be spoken out of those lips.
Speaker 2: He's like sar car. Yeah, I've never seen somebody. I don't see. I've never seen anyone speak any language with their mouth that wide open, unless you're looking at the words like a video game puzzle. It's like up key bar Trump star Car.
Speaker 6: Wow, it looks like he's prepping for a blowjob to.
Speaker 2: Give a Yeah wow, I did not Wow.
Speaker 7: Okay, it was like the volley or something. I don't know, but it was uh and that won our vote, and that's probably why Oshan married Vance. I don't know, maybe yeah, who.
Speaker 6: Knows, that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I really appreciate the effort he put in. Holy shit. And then so on Fox there was like, there's just another moment. We shouldn't be surprised they have, Like Trump visited that barbershop in the Bronx. They edited the fuck out of that entire interaction to make it seem like he even knew how to listen to and answer questions. The unedited video is just another example of just how fucking out of it Trump is. But that's nothing new to most people who are observing this election. But yeah, I just think so much is also being ignored about how in terms of like the mainstream media and they wouldn't deign to criticize Harris in this moment, but like the moves that the Harris campaign themselves are making quite possibly will be their own undoing, like pivoting to the right on huge issues that matter to their supporters, like law enforcement reforms, if any, immigration, just being like yeah, we're basically can go as hard on immigration as Trump. Gaza.
Speaker 7: I also like beyond strategy, I know we're like all caught up in like strategy and it's politics and it's capitalism and it's evil. But it also just sucks that they don't care. They don't have any morals and they don't care about anything. I know, we know this, and we've been knowing this, and that's what this country was founded on. But in the spirit of Moodang's innocence, I just want to take a moment that people like don't do things for the sheer reason that it's good to bite your keeper, you know what I mean, Like it's just sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, totally. And I think it's clear that they're like, well, we're not going to do any of that stuff that would be like you know, actually beneficial to people, but detrimental to like our police industrial and military industrial states. That they will also like they're like, so, let's just pick off some exhausted white Republican voters and see if like that can be it, because we're not going to do this other stuff that is just way too much. That's and I and again, like I've said this before, if if they think like doing the off brand version of the GOP is going to be effective, uh, you got you might have another thing coming here, because if these people want to see more suffering at the border and for like people of color, they have the candidate for that, and they will go all in on that. They are telling you that as much. Why settle for this watered down version if that's like that important of an issue to someone as a voter. So the logic is baffling.
Speaker 7: But go ahead, came maga magas.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. But yeah, like again, go ahead, pin this on progressives and people of color rather than the Democratic Party's insistence on maintaining this cruel and awful version of American democracy.
Speaker 7: Please also slide point. People keep like conflating all these different demographics, like Arabs aren't all Muslim, most of them are Christian, And you're like, they're like, it doesn't I don't know. It feels like really stupid. The boxes they're putting.
Speaker 2: People into it lacked in this weird way. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Anyways, well then again, people opening their worldview.
Speaker 6: We can't do that. Everyone has to be in their own little box.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. You look at those those those images of what's happening around the world. Oh my god, how do you do it? Anyway, I'm a congress person, and you're like, what you're not?
Speaker 7: Fuck okay, congress person, you've never heard of Moodang?
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, fucking you know what's going on in Thailand right now? Fucking eyes, my guy, Look at this greasy Look.
Speaker 7: At the blush on her cheese.
Speaker 2: She's eight yeah, fuck it twenty he write it in fuck it she.
Speaker 7: Would be a better alter.
Speaker 6: Wait not this year.
Speaker 2: Not if you want. Hey, look if you're if you're Moodang twenty four, glad do you think.
Speaker 7: They're gonna be like birther people?
Speaker 2: Like? Was she born? I have it on good authority that this hippo is from Thailand. And you're like, you have it on good Wow, that's you're racist.
Speaker 7: Oh so has to be her running mate? Yeah so, Oh my god, she was the giant hanguin. Miles, Oh my god, Miles, they're.
Speaker 2: Low information voter. I'm sorry, did.
Speaker 7: You already know no knowing about pesto yo?
Speaker 2: Oh oh but wait, but I'm based off this code is that like a young penguin.
Speaker 7: Baby penguins, Miles, he is a baby, and he's standing next to his parents, and he's a million times bigger than them, and he's just a little baby.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the Lebron James of penguins.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's what we're saying. That's baby pesto.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like the muscle to move.
Speaker 6: Dang's cuteness.
Speaker 7: She gets me, like, oh, is he old enough to run for VP?
Speaker 2: The experience? Does he lack the experience? He hasn't even he hasn't even lost his baby down coat yet or whatever that phase of either new.
Speaker 7: Like progressive actually progressive John Fetterman, Okay.
Speaker 6: I've never seen him assaulted couch, so you know he's.
Speaker 2: Got he's got and yeah, he hasn't been compromised by different interest groups. I love that. I love that. Okay, so let's move on to this Netflix movie about the hottest fucking snowman you've ever laid your mortal eyes on.
Speaker 7: Speak for yourself.
Speaker 2: You see, I've seen hotter.
Speaker 7: I've made hotter Snowman.
Speaker 6: Okay, I like dad bought Snowman's thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there you go, there you go. Yeah, exactly what is this traditional version of hot we're being sold? But so we all watch the trailer for this new Netflix movie. I've already forgot the name of it. Uh hot Frost Frost, which is very odd, so Netflix is they're really hot to We've got the meats.
Speaker 7: Imagine Frosty but it's melted and meats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Wendy's you're missing out. I mean, y'all, y'all own that Frosty ship. But I think again, we've seen the Obviously, holiday movies are very popular. I'm a very I'm very much into holiday movies myself. I love it. It's trash. It's like wallpaper being not white and never having Christmas like white people do. I like to live in their fantasy worlds in the form of these like Terrible Sacharin holiday films. So this movie, which we all subjected ourselves to watching the trailer too so we could speak accurately on what this thing is.
Speaker 7: Offering journalists here.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a movie where Lacy Shaybear, who you might know from a lot of Holiday Channel or Hallmark Channel, rom com. She was in Party of Five, Me and Girls, et cetera. She's playing a widower who brings a nude, ripped snowman to life with a magical scarf.
Speaker 7: Also, this snowman is in like the town Square, being like naked and like r with ads like stores in school and just like right there he is.
Speaker 2: See this is why Mom's for liberty is right?
Speaker 7: What if it was their version of Jesus.
Speaker 2: That have been so much funnier And it's like I am Jesus's like, oh damn, I'm just trying to fuck hold me my bad? Can I get my scarf back so you can melt away? So apparently this guy's only had like a few days, Like he's only like he was literally born yesterday, as he was brought to life by this magical scarf. He has a very limited time on earth. Quote before he starts to melt, they naturally obviously start dating. And it features comedic actors like Craig Robinson and like Joe Joe Latruglio. So it's clear like there is a level of self awareness to this comedy that is like absurd, but also they also want to get the traditional holiday people up in.
Speaker 7: I don't think this is actually a Christmas movie. This is a movie about how hard it is to day in la Okay. I will take a man that melts in three days over some of them.
Speaker 6: I will literally fuck a snowman. I can't find anyone car if.
Speaker 7: My pussy freezes and falls off Okay, I got this Kraren.
Speaker 2: Some what I got this scart?
Speaker 6: I got this carrot from Sprouts and tell me it cannot be used.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: So also krishell Stoss always Krishelle from Selling Sunset.
Speaker 2: That was, Oh my god, good on you, chrisll Is she with the dude from This is Us.
Speaker 7: Dumped her and then and then now she's dating G and they're like a really popular Australian or married to G and they're a really popular Australian. But she also dated her Selling Sunset boss and she still works with one of the twins. Very strange.
Speaker 2: I remember watching that when G was introduced and one of the twins was just sort of like, oh, I'm sure with this and.
Speaker 7: I'm broken every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I love watching that show because despite all the money those two have, they are fucking broken people.
Speaker 7: They're sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we watched the trailer. I'm just what are your thoughts on this? Because oh, before I want to, I just do want to preface this is part of Netflix's like holiday stravaganza where they're going to be releasing a new Christmas movie every Wednesday throughout the month of November.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna fucking cry. You're releasing all those movies. You couldn't even get me a single line in any of them. I want to be in a bad movie, so bad Netflix, I will not call it a bad movie. If you put me in it, I will be I don't care, I'll be any I'll be the stay of an Indian person.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm gonna say, would you be in one? That was like a totally fucked up take of like Indian Christmas kind.
Speaker 7: I had to do that for my sixth grade choir. You think I wouldn't do that in a Netflix? They the world. They never let me sing in anything, and then they did a fucking Christmas around the World and I had to be the one of the stars because they didn't have enough brown people in my fucking Utah elementary school, so I had to teach them about the volley and they never let me sing again because I was Yeah, I'll wear a sorry, I don't care, get me on screen, Okay, I will dress sorry, Okay an auntie to life?
Speaker 2: Would you be? Would you be in a holiday rom com about a single Indian woman trying to find love on during the holidays called sorry, not sorry.
Speaker 7: I will write it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 7: And there I know what's going to happen is I will be cast as a friend. I don't care.
Speaker 4: I'll do that.
Speaker 2: Somehow I wrote directing it and.
Speaker 7: They made me the friend or I'm like the seven eleven, don't put me in it.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 7: I told you earlier in this episode, I sell my people out.
Speaker 2: Okay, if the there is a price, this.
Speaker 7: Is going to be the main Indian girl.
Speaker 6: With yeah, right exactly, just throw back to by Hankah's areas.
Speaker 2: Full on brown face, you know it. Oh my god, Oh.
Speaker 7: My god, what if they what if we say this and that's one of the movies they released Netflix right now, like some other Indian person gets to be the best friend. I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like did you that down? Right?
Speaker 4: That down?
Speaker 2: Did you leak to sorry not sorry? Concept someone just quote these three people just said the entire film right now, with the title, with the plot and the cast, We're fucking up. I don't know. I love holiday films. I don't know about y'all, but Kim, I will ask you, as someone who as a cartoonist illustrator, you you have an imagination of things that are non typically coming to life, coming to life having personalities. What did What's your critique on seeing the huge nippled ripped snowman guy and his life and him coming to consciousness? Well, two thoughts.
Speaker 6: One is I I did notice the lack of sentient bug butt plug representation. I felt that was needed. But I would totally watch this unronically. If this was done in old school claymation style would be the best.
Speaker 2: I miss that.
Speaker 6: It would be so perfect to have your time still hot Frosty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one hundred and five.
Speaker 2: It so funny. It's like I'm melting kids and as that happens, just a butt plug drops.
Speaker 7: Had that in the whole time and the winnower picks it up. A single tear rolls down her eyes.
Speaker 6: What's inside you all?
Speaker 7: Along with children?
Speaker 2: It's medically viable polyurethane. Yeah, I I was like it was Look, I'll watch any holiday films. I'll probably watch this. Obviously. There is like a thing where I'm kind of like the Frosty watch party. Think we should? I think we should depending on how I mean. By the time it comes out, I have a feeling will still be in the throes of debating the election and whether or not it's certifiable. So in that liminal space where we're, you know, on the edge of total collapse, this may be the one thing that that soothes our nerves, in which case, yeah, maybe we should do that, just yeah, yeah, truly, Oh wow, what's happening? I don't know. This fucking snowman is hot, though, so fucking hot. The other thing that is interesting too is that Lacey Shabert was named in an age discrimination lawsuit against Hallmark, which could explain the switch to Netflix, because if and look, I'm all about the many days of Christmas shit they do on Hallmark, but there's a good damn near every day there's a new holiday movie. She her shit is all over, like her face is in she stars in this shit. So I wonder if they did the thing where they're like, all right, she aged out, we're done with.
Speaker 6: Her looks so young. She doesn't look anything different than mean girls.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it said Hallmark did not want to cast old people like Holly Robinson, Pete and Lacey shaber Wait.
Speaker 7: From the article and Variety, it says, Lacey's getting older and we have to find someone like her to replace her. As she gets older. Hamilton Daily allegedly said, damn okay. I like how women are always I told like, oh my god, don't be so competitive with younger women because like you're always acting like they're trying to replace you. Meanwhile, like men are like, yeah, we're replacing you that you're afraid of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then he told Apparently the same guy told this casting director Penny Perry, who's seventy nine years old, that constantly she was quote too long in the tooth. I'm sorry that quote. Does that mean that is too long in the tooth for you to be casting aspersions on people?
Speaker 7: Also, if you use the phrase too long in the tooth, you're fucking too long.
Speaker 2: As it's exactly old.
Speaker 7: Say her aura was off Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is the etymology? Like you're like a.
Speaker 7: Recession.
Speaker 6: We can't have her because of her ginger vitis.
Speaker 7: Guys like it's noticing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know how Oh I guess it is. It alludes to a horse's gums receipting with age. We're talking about we're talking about livestock white over here. Yeah, old horsemouth, look at that. We can't cast it only wants to fuck this old horsemouth all right, let's move on, let's find something different. Anyway, So this is all part of a very new exciting time here. We will see where this goes. I'm glad they're finally snow men to fuck. I guess we're gonna go outside.
Speaker 7: We're gonna see a bunch of snowmen and a bunch of holesome them, and we're gonna be like, how do the men get a hold of it?
Speaker 2: I know they're like, you need to worry about the men.
Speaker 6: There will be at least one carrot pun in that movie.
Speaker 2: That let's take some odds. Okay, there will be a carrot pun. There will have to be some kind of like it's like, clearly this guy's like kind of an alien because he's just become human, and like where he doesn't realize like he can't get naked all the time, probably kind of thing that seemed like that was sort of the case in the trailer where he's like so hot.
Speaker 7: Feels like there is like this theme of like women falling in love with dudes who just appeared like what was it enchanted or like I guess I was the reversal of it, but it's I don't know, I feel like it is like our version of like when men go for like nineteen year olds, We're like, no, no, we still want them to be an adult, but not ruined by the world exactly. We want them to not have met other men before they met us. We wanted the patriarchy to not have insidiously ruined their personality.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the one knock that goes against it looks like his two only friends are cops. So we'll see how that works out. So true, we shall see. Okay, let's take a quick break and we'll come back to check in with an overall terrible take from The Atlantic about Halloween when we.
Speaker 8: Get back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And so the big news in a story that we've been following. The big news also in the streaming world. You know, we were all rocked with the announcement that Chick fil A is getting into the content game, where they're basically going to create their own streaming service where you can watch shows that we were speculating based on their YouTube channel would be about cows that like do wacky shit like Warner Brothers style. They have a cartoon series that has like surprisingly a lot of views where like cows get into wacky kind of Looney tun style adventures. And then there's also a show on their channel called Evergreen Hills Stories of Evergreen Hills that has very suspicious view count but.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, come on, man, why just because it's faith based? Okay, there's a lot of Christians out there, man, a lot of Christians.
Speaker 1: So the show Stories of every So those are the two of the things that were announced, right, they're gonna take I think.
Speaker 2: I think though, with the cow one, they now are cows that run a gay conversion therapy sort of like business where they yeah, where they they sort of victimize chickens or something. Yeah. Yeah. And another one is about the power of Sundays. I believe, or it might not. I don't know. I'm just I'm just spitballing here, but it's I think there's a lesson zero chance that they could be if someone comes to something like that.
Speaker 1: Just checking the view counts of Stories of Evergreen Hill on YouTube, this is not suspicious at all. We've got two hundred and eighteen two hundred and fourteen thousand, one hundred and forty one million for another episode.
Speaker 3: Oh that one's really good.
Speaker 2: I watched that.
Speaker 1: One actually, because I was like, is this thing just like fire? Is this like the best piece of content? It is a ten minute long little animated morality tale about bullying. There's like a bunch of world building where like an old guy takes his young helper to like the spark tree and he's like, the spark tree works like this. You can get the spark, but you must use it like just a bunch of rules and ship and there's just no reason I can conceive of that anybody would be watching this ship on purpose.
Speaker 2: But well, that's why I think that that's what makes this kind of getting it gets a little freaky, right because before like they're probably just finding some like Christian production companies that are just like they're like, yeah, we like to make really boring Shita buy it. They're like they have like people behind the shows like top Gear and The X Factor and like that game show and NBC The Wall, like they're they're doing deals with like like proper production companies to like take their ship to the next level. And also, let's not forget scripted podcasts, which we all know are work all the time.
Speaker 1: I've never seen one not work. The Wall that's the game show of the Wall. Yeah, pink fluence, no man who knows. Yeah, make sure.
Speaker 3: It sounds like someone had the idle. They're like, what if we did Cocoa Ballad for adults.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's what this sounds like.
Speaker 8: It That's exactly what it feels like.
Speaker 3: It's like maybe AI's writing it and like it's just turning out this stuff or something. It's very it's a brave new world, guys, very brave, courageous new world exactly.
Speaker 1: So it does make me feel like I'm in a post apocalyptic film, as have a number of stories in the recent in recent weeks, like not just like oh, theoretically, I see how this feels like we're in a weird post apocalyptic movie, but like we were talking about this lapd dog robot dog that they introduced and the video of them like being introduced. Like what one is like a shot from a news helicopter where like the news reporter is like there it is, then you like see it like walk on this it's like straight up out of RoboCop. Like it is a like could literally be lifted from RoboCop. And like there's other like news shots where it just like walks by the news camera and they're like, wow, there goes a hero.
Speaker 3: Who rescued who right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly, And there's like a news story that compares it to the size of a Golden Retriever instead of more threatening like you know, just the they picked the friendliest dog possible.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But anyways, and then our writer JM made the observation that, like the footage of Elon Musk giving a giant, oversized novelty check to someone who registered to vote for Donald Trump, like that is something that is on TV in the background of RoboCop like that. It's just like there are these very specific moments that keep happening that feel like they are just shots from RoboCop. Yeah, but overall, theoretically, like this story about Chick fil A streaming has more of a demolition man idiocracy vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was about to say idiocracy for sure, like I and I I just had it's happening in in my in life too, like you you'll just I was up in Oakland area. I went too fast food place. I went to the drive through. They had one of those centuries like you see them a lot in like downtown or parking lots. Like it's like a police stand, there's like a pole, there's silent on every yeah, yeah, and uh it was out there and like we're in line of the drive through and the speaker just starts going, welcome to Carls Junior, we are here for your safety. And I was just like, oh my god, it's straight up Idiocracy, like like welcome to Costco, I love you, like whatever. I was like, oh my god, so wild. Yeah, it's uh, it's it's really We're we're really it really is like a movie out there, donk like we really we really are. Like it's like I'm like, did someone cast this? Like did someone this is getting close?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carls Junior was the thing from Idiocracy, right.
Speaker 3: Like I think I think it was Carl's Junior too, or it might have been. It might have been it might have been Jay and the Bee the Bee. Yeah yeah, m but I felt safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you did feel safe because who's gonna look after you better than Jane to be.
Speaker 2: Welcome or you can have it your way. Oh it's Carl's Junior. It was Carls Junior. It was Carl Junior in.
Speaker 1: Idiocracy, Yes, yes, okay, in Idiography it has a couple of details that I had even forgotten, like I didn't realize that part of it was like everyone wears crocs. Yes, that's the thing that happens in idiography.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing that Mike Judges quote on it is just so funny because like he was talking about the costumer's decision to have people in the film wearing crocs and he said, quote and I said to her, but you actually bought these, like you can order these shoes. What if by the time the movie comes out, these things are everywhere and it doesn't look like we're set in the future, and said, oh no, that's never gonna happen. These shoes are too ugly. And sure enough, by the time it comes out two years later, everyone is wearing crocs. So it already started coming true even faster than we made the movie, really, which is wow, you know spot you know.
Speaker 3: It's also funny and idiocricy, the like normal person just milling about like an extra whatever that is who Trump is appealing to with the Arnold Palmer Dick story, right like like that, like oh my god, oh well, well, it.
Speaker 2: Was a nice run. It was a nice run. I know, it's it's too I think that's why Like, you know, Brian the editor, he was saying he watched it recently and he's like it was a mistake. I can't this like just hits weights in a way that is just it's disturbing. How like this is this isn't even like even like with the marketing stuff. It's like, oh, it's got more molecules and whoa mole Yeah? Yeah, and how we are with like electrolytes or even ship like you know, totally this is alkalized or whatever.
Speaker 1: You're like, okay, yeah, I mean they have the show al My Balls, which is a pretty close corollary to many TV shows. They have a WWE character becoming president, which we've already crossed over there in that sense. Like Donald Trump was like the reason he made such an effective like public figure being in a WWE storyline is because he has in his entire career just been a WWE character. Yeah, there's like a lot of stuff about people not paying attention to their surroundings, like when Luke Wilson like pod crashes through Dax Shepherd's wall and he like doesn't even look up from his TV. They still watch TV and Idiocracy, so they aren't It's actually better because they aren't like walking around with the TV in their hand, so there's less distraction. But still like that was something that was seen as abnormal enough to put in satire at that time, right that people would just be like, what is this screen saying that Carls Junior that? And I think if there's that part where the like the Carls Junior claims the woman's kids.
Speaker 2: They're like, Carls Junior believes no child should go hungry. You are an unfit mother. Your children will be placed in the custody of Carls Junior. And you're like, that feels it's like like the Chick fil A summer camp for kids when they're like, what what is this, Like, Oh, they're going to labor here, but we're gonna call it a summer camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, and people pay for it. Yeah yeah, yeah. But corporations are people. As Mitt Romney said to us, you know, yeah, that was like the we should have we should have been more scared then, but we were like Mitt Romney's an idiot, but the heating hot, right, Corporations are are people, and now are at a point where they're the only people who have legal rights really like they're the only people who can actually get anything to change.
Speaker 2: So what what other children?
Speaker 1: There's like some depressing answer. There's like children Men is like the bleak answer.
Speaker 3: Running running Man is. Have you guys seen Running Man?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Running Man's great, and I think they're remaking it. Like I just saw something with a reality show. I was like, oh, like, I don't know something, but I think I think there's very Running Man vibes out there in the world right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially like the shots of like before they even get into the game, right, that's what Children of Men is like, the like very bleak, like the footage of just like world at large stuff with like there's like a refugee crisis.
Speaker 3: And oh that's right, that's right, like people.
Speaker 1: And you know, the lack of children being born also you could tie to like lower birth rates are plastic balls?
Speaker 2: Yeah everything size now, Yeah, that's funny. We're like, I don't like, it's probably Children of Men, but that's too bleak.
Speaker 1: So right, idiot, Well, it's also probably like Elon Musk's answer, because he's like, the biggest problem facing us is underpopulation.
Speaker 2: Come fuck me, you know, right right? Be one of my three million children. Yeah, I like. I like the safe, entertaining combo of our falling apart world is probably demolition Man mixture of ideocracy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going RoboCop ideocracy because demolition Man also feels like it would be a conservative's answer where they're like, you can't say anything anymore.
Speaker 2: I can't even I can't at this museum. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it turns out I can, and just people will be mean to me online, but otherwise my life is normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plane, it's safe. I mean.
Speaker 1: Brand consolidation definitely happening, although it's more it's not that like Taco Bell took over all the other restaurants. It's just like one company by the scenes takes over all the other companies behind the scenes, and they're all just like one mammoth company. That's like, you know, with there a thousand faces.
Speaker 2: Alan, where do you land? Which one is? What's the combo here for you?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I think there's definitely deocracy vibes. I'm also thinking about water World a little bit, but I guess in like, we're going to a water world where it's just the problem is Nestley owns all the water, right like, and so that's why we have to drink our own pea or whatever.
Speaker 2: But he was able to convert it. It looked like the Okay, okay, maybe.
Speaker 3: You know that's what we'll have to do. We'll have to use all the pea that's being stored in bottles and Amazon warehouses to convert into water for us. For us, Yeah, yeah, the regular lord.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think Elysium would be like a good answer, but like I would have to watch Elysium and like.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of that I haven't seen, which now I like, yeah, I really need.
Speaker 1: To because that that's the one where like the wealthy just like escape to a small yeah, suborbital space station.
Speaker 3: Is that the one where they like they can buy they literally can buy time? Or is that that time that's about time?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah I think so? Yeah, justin Time, justin Timberlake is just in time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, with like Amanda siph Red right mm hmm was the co host or sucks.
Speaker 1: I think I also watched it too. In time is what it's called good concept.
Speaker 2: Though what your time was on Armed, Well, I think that's what's like. I think it just makes satire and sci fi just you just realize like there's a real art to it, because like when you're really like good at sort of just thinking about how these things play out, whether in a satirical way or you're trying to like create a cautionary tale for about the future, it's yeah, a lot of ideas together that eventually end up being like spot on. Like I feel like, you know, in the early days it was like the Simpsons, and now people like Octavia Butler was right the whole time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Parable of the Sewer gets a lot right unfortunately. Yeah, I don't know, Zeigang. We'd love to hear pitches. Don't just say the name of the movie though. Hit us up with some details that you think rhyme particularly well.
Speaker 2: Snow Piercer probably too. And there's so many things like that, the little elements of it.
Speaker 1: And we eat bugs. We're just I mean, I guess we should say up front that on this podcast we eat bugs and drink our own piss already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Snowfish are so funny because it's like, man, I wish we had high speed rail like that.
Speaker 2: Oh man. Yeah, like in California, you're like, oh.
Speaker 3: It's actually a good that's actually a good movie.
Speaker 1: Aspirational Snow Piercer is there, aspirational postcards.
Speaker 2: They're on time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mad Max is like it feels like where we're headed.
Speaker 8: But yeah, Matt, Matt, not that cool yet.
Speaker 3: Escape from La Escape from New York. I feel like I feel like that's like that's like seven twelve years down the road. Maybe a little longer, but it does feel like we're getting there for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, that's gonna do it for this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like. The show means the world to Miles. He he needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to him Monday. By