Speaker 1: Coming up on a Get Loud podcast. Of course we're gonna talk about all of the free agents. Welcome and you Fred, my friend apparently could land a plane if you don't have snakes on that and god it coming up and we are off. It is to Get Loud podcast from anybody. See get the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. That is Fred Smoot. I'm Michael Jenkins, Smoot. What's going on? Man?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, man, I'm doing great. Free agency in there? Can you smell it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? How crazy was Monday?
Speaker 2: By the way, Well, first of all, I think it's an Oxymoor run to talk about legal tampering, right, all right, Tampering means to disarmed something, I change it, to sabotage it. How can I legally sabotage my own team?
Speaker 1: So I just think they need the word that kind of different.
Speaker 2: Yes, say early bird, you know something, because really what you're saying is you can talk to me early now so I can verbally agree exactly to sign with you next week. Yes, legally, So that's not what I'm saying. It's all right, and so it's it's back and forth. Oxymoor run to me because tampering it is never good, like such thing as good tamping. It's not tampering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's part of the process, and then it will become official.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna talk about the potential signings that this team has brought in these free agents and it will become official.
Speaker 3: All this right now is per reports. But we got to get into this.
Speaker 2: So is this just like the engagement like when you get engaged. Yes, you may before before we walk down the aisle together. Yes, we're engaged. You know, I'm the type guy stay engaged for like six years to make.
Speaker 4: Sure it works.
Speaker 1: Will you come play for the Washington Commanders? Yes, I will, I will, I will, I will, and.
Speaker 3: Then you set a date and the official dates coming up.
Speaker 1: But I could do like J. D.
Speaker 4: Mckin can say, psych I ain't coming, you know.
Speaker 1: Now that's how that happens. Now, let's start on the defensive side of the football here and needs again, not official yet, they will be, yeah, but not now the Bowl from some more. Frankie Louville, you talk about a dude, you said it, Yeah, swap swap, paint the other team's color all over him.
Speaker 2: Out the game feels cutn't a gap beat gap sideline. The sideline can blitz way better than you think. He is pretty good in coverage. And from when I hear in Carolina heart and soul of their defense, when I start to hear that, yep, me's X defensive player, I know now he's bringing more to the table than just physical play.
Speaker 4: He's bringing leadership.
Speaker 2: He's actually helping guys out, he's actually being the voice in the locker room and just what you want to put him beside Jamie Davis, who I think gonna have it just blowout year in this defense.
Speaker 4: I think that's where you started.
Speaker 2: You start block building blocks, team players just gonna be here for the next five six years.
Speaker 4: That's what that I think we got in the first day of free agency.
Speaker 1: You talk about Jamie Davis. How much does it help a young guy like that when you bring in someone like this, Yeah, who is going to set a standard?
Speaker 2: Well, a guy like that, been there, done that, and like you said, set the standard. This is where we're gonna play it. Nobody's playing under here, right, We're gonna play at this level. I'm gonna hold you accountable because he's I think he's gonna be the starting MIL linebacker, right, and now you got him playing the wheel out of Sam.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I think it.
Speaker 2: Allows him to free up because the thing about it is when you communicate on defense, pecially in that middle, especially when you talk about that linebacker Coret. I've watched London Fletcher let looser, Marcus Washington. I watched London Fletcher let loose a Rocket McIntosh and put them in plays and gas that they shouldn't have been in to make a play because they study so much and they so ahead of the chains.
Speaker 4: It helps everybody out. So this louis.
Speaker 2: Signing, it's more than just linebacker help. This is defensive help. This is team help. Yeah, and I think guys don't know him because he ain't Patrick McQueen. I mean Patrick queen, a guy like that that's been in the light, like he's been there and he's been doing his job at a high level.
Speaker 1: All this stuff is moving so quickly just for a guy on the set here Cleveland Ferrell signing with the team or going to sign with the team. Then you've got Duran's Armstrong from the Cowboys, and so I like that dan Quinn is bringing some guys that he knows and also some guys that can help at knee positions, because edge is one of those positions.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, we needed players, right and what we got is starters, and that's what you want. Right now, I'm filling all these blanks in with starters, all right. And speaking of defense, you literally got Armstrong. This is a guy that hasn't fulfilled his potential yet. It's a guy that just strappling the surface, played like forty percent of the snaps in Dallies still had eight sacks. So they're telling you he takes advantage of his time on the field, and it tells.
Speaker 1: You how good can you be?
Speaker 2: That's the good question when it comes to a guy like Armstrong, now bringing him in, what does that do? I don't have to learn a new defense. He already knows the defense. He can help the other players learn the defense quicker. So that's why you love to bring guys that been there, done that, especially inside of this defense, because it helps everybody evolve and move fast and grow in.
Speaker 1: This defense offensively. Yeah, Austin Eckler. Eckler, how about this? Yes?
Speaker 3: And I like, look, this is the guy who's banged up last year.
Speaker 1: But a couple of seasons ago, let the NFL in combined touchdowns, rushing and receiving because he can do everything out of the backfield. And I feel like when you look at zach Ertz, when you look at Tyler Beatish, some of these guys are in place to potentially help a rookie quarterback.
Speaker 4: I was just finish say it.
Speaker 2: Jenkes Beaddish is going to be the best signing for a rookie quarterback. He makes all the line calls. He's gonna help him speed up his train of thought, speed up his play calling. If you want to protect the quarterback, store protecting him with a center right. And that's what we did. And not only did we get Biosh one of the better centers that he's very good, we got opped him from the Cowboys. We weakened them. It's true, we weaken them by scripting ourselves. Another way to protect the quarterback tight end. I get up get easy throws. A tight end is easy throws across the middle, first down, chain movers, guys that change games. Zach Ertz will be that. It's obstinatally. I think we're not gonna ask him to do as much as the Chargers asked him to do. He's gonna be a quarterback's dream, a running back after backfield that can catch the ball, a running back that can pass, protecting and pass pro like, that's what he brings to the table. And now you got that, that that thunder and lightning with him, and say so, now I think it just it's setting whoever that quarterback is up, it's setting him up for success. And this is how you do it. A guy like Colin Farrell. It's a guy that top top five in his draft. Haven't quite lived up to that, but guess what great rotational guy to have in here was with the forty nine ers played a lot of playoff ball. I think we're starting to build this roster slowly but surely.
Speaker 1: And what I love too is that we are seeing these contracts being doled out, but we're not overspending. These are fair deals that are not going to penalize the team.
Speaker 4: And not in the long run, right, but getting building blocks.
Speaker 1: Like think about it.
Speaker 2: Besides Austin Eckler and I don't know how much they want out of zach Ertz, but beside those two, I think everybody else is legit starters.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah, So now you're filling in these gaps.
Speaker 2: You're filling in the gap at the n You're filling in the offensive line gap. People continuously forget about one Samuel Cosmy and we had one building block on their line.
Speaker 4: It was him.
Speaker 2: Now you got him and Bosh and don't forget about I forgot his name, alegra who we just signed from.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I need you talking about the other guard.
Speaker 2: So inside, we solidified the inside of the offensive line. Now the only thing you have to worry about is the tackles. So he so the quarterback, the new quarterback is protected from the inside out right now, and all we need is to do is get some some tackles in here to really protect his blind side.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it feel a little bit different now that the slate has been wipe clean as far as having a cap, having new ownership, and how this team is being built, because I feel like in years past it was let's make the big splash, let's spend all of our money on a dude or two.
Speaker 4: And now the haines Worth.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why I what I was gonna So I was thinking of my head and now it's gonna be done.
Speaker 2: No, now he's going out getting quality players and quality people. And he's not spending you said it right, not spending it all in one while not saying, all right, we're gonna put two hundred million, one hundred and fifty million in one player and expect him to go win us the Super Bowl. We're not there yet. As much as I want to get into Brian Burns sweepstakes, we're not a past Russia away, right. You gotta understand timing and where you're at in the process. And we at the beginning of the process, and I like what Peter c I'm not finna go out here and just spend money just to spend it like this. That's not gonna help us in the long run. And also some of these positions we'll still be shadowed with a younger person behind him, like some of these veterans will brought here to masterfully help the.
Speaker 4: Guys behind him. That's gonna get drafted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind we probably gonna end up still drafting the tight end because we got urged to teach him how to be a pro. It's no doubt in my mind we're gonna still draft the d N. But we got d n's here to teach these guys how to be pro. So I think it's just starting and that's why I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: Oh I am too. We're gonna face the bills. Let's stay these bills, and we start with Honda. You have to explore these sophisticated, sleek look of the CRV Hybrid and the Court Hybrid, Honda's most powerful electrifying vehicles yet, conquer the unpaved road in one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most capable suv ever. Or experience the thrilling performance of the fund to Drive Honda Civic with an available turbo chart engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you at your Washington Area Honda dealer Today and Recycle Track Systems transforming the way. Transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Visit rts dot com to learn more about how it can help your business manage waste more responsibly. And speaking these free agents, we're gonna have free agent Fridays.
Speaker 4: That sounds good.
Speaker 1: We're gonna bring in these free agents here on the show. Yea, so makes you stick around for that? A new guy each and every week, maybe multiple times.
Speaker 2: Can't get to know them because the one thing's scary about free agency.
Speaker 4: You've been at one place your.
Speaker 2: Whole career, and now you have to go learn a new city, learn a new coaching staff, learn a new locker room.
Speaker 4: Like people think it's just easy to up and move.
Speaker 2: Your life to a whole nother side of the country and then continue to play. So I think it takes time and patience. That's why Preraging Friday, We're gonna get youall a chance to know the him and them a chance to know you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and leave us to comment the comments section. Let us know who you want to see some questions you might have maybe when get those on as well. Yeah, you know who has no problems paying his bills? I don't Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 4: Listen to me.
Speaker 3: It's a first balloon Hall of Famer and getting.
Speaker 2: To pay Hey, first of all, he is what I call the bag man, all right, listen to me, four hundred million dollars and it started here where I think after the first time that we hit him with the franchise tag, franchise Tag, I think he decided that day I will never work in the NFL again unless it's all guaranteed money.
Speaker 4: Listen to me, he's brilliant.
Speaker 2: I want to do Wolf of wild S Creek two with Kirk Cousins starting as the wolf. He is the wolf. I'm sorry, I mean I congratulate this man.
Speaker 1: Yes, all I can say, get your money, get your money.
Speaker 2: Kirk Cousins one playoff win, you understand me. Kirk Cousin has one more playoff win than I.
Speaker 1: Do in his career.
Speaker 4: In his career, bag Man, bag Man.
Speaker 1: He's getting fifty million dollars guaranteed from the Falcons. And by the way, he's gonna turn thirty six coming off of Achilles injury. Listen now, he's gonna have a lot of weapons down there.
Speaker 2: Kirk Cousins can sell water to a well. Kirk Cousins can talk to zebra out of scripes if its sit there in chat. I put my name on that, cause this dude is about check cash and you know he frugal. Oh, he don't spend anything.
Speaker 1: Shops of calls.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, I wouldn't be shocked five years from now if Kirk Cousins said, you know, I'm gonna start his spansing team in Seattle, Seattle SuperSonics and bringing.
Speaker 1: Him back, he could be an investor.
Speaker 2: All my money, just my money. I don't even nobody, Just me.
Speaker 4: Kirk Cousins. Allright, listen, my favorite cousin. I say this with all respect.
Speaker 2: I have never seen a quarterback accomplish less and be more paid. You're not think about if you're a super Bowl winning quarterback and you looking.
Speaker 4: Lamar just got paid, right.
Speaker 2: He ain't paid like Kirk. No, he ain't paid like Kirk. Like brilliant man.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he does it. Is he going to work? He is definitely an upgrade, There's no question about that. And in a weaker division, first of all.
Speaker 4: They will win that division.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hands down, b John Robinson best running back in the division, Kyle Pitt's best tight end in the division. Mike Evans is the best wide receiver, but Drake London is not too far back. Kirk Cousins instantly and installs himself best quarterback in the division. They have the best offensive line in that division. They will win the ten eleven games easily. But the question ain't with Kirk. Are they going to the playoffs? Happens afterwards? Right, That's gonna be the big thing with Kirk. But luckily he does it again. He's in a fan base in Atlanta who's used to being treated like nothing. So getting to the playoffs is enough. Getting to the playoffs in Atlanta will be enough. He won't win a championship. The boy, Kirk, you are today's man of the year.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. When he goes better than night, he just like grabs a little bit more money and puts it on his back and it feels good.
Speaker 4: Listen to me.
Speaker 2: He probably just got dollar bills. Crazy she used to be at just you.
Speaker 4: Know, just just roll out dollar bill out there? Who cares? I like the way the green feels against my skin.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Hey listen timing and people got realized he was picked what fourth fifth round?
Speaker 1: Ain't his second round pick? No?
Speaker 4: Because r G three was the first round.
Speaker 1: I guess that she was he a third rounder. He dubinly was the first round here was already three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was picked. It's a back up only to just succeed in ways nobody ever gave Kurt a chance to.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: No, that showed you life when people count you out or your situation don't look like you think it should.
Speaker 4: I feel like it should.
Speaker 2: Just keep on keep on working, keep on grinding, and when that time comes and that chance comes.
Speaker 4: You gotta seize the moment. That what Kirk did.
Speaker 2: Kurt sees the moment all right, and I cannot fault him for that, but the for that, I mean, but the Falcons are a better team now and the Vikings are just like if you Justin Jefferson, how you feel to that.
Speaker 1: I've seen so many memes online of Justin Jefferson like crying, not him, actually, you know, just someone running away like scared of that. Like who they signed, Sam Darnold.
Speaker 4: You know when you.
Speaker 3: Said most famous for seeing ghosts.
Speaker 2: Yes he did. He saw him on the field. I don't know what's out there. I don't know what ghost out there, but they got to be playing with like thirteen players on the field, Like I understand what's there?
Speaker 4: We're coming from.
Speaker 2: But if you're in Minnesota right now, oh, like, are you in the JJ McCarthy sweepstakes? Maybe because that's where you're picking at. Yeah, and JJ is flying up the board. We see this every year, though, we see this every year, Trey Lance fly up the board. Every year we see Zack Wilson throw a seventy year old pass. Now he's flying up the board. And I looked at people and saying, no, Zack Wilson has quarterback face. But Zack Wilson is a normal name. I know three Zach Wilson's right, all of them think at football?
Speaker 1: You really, I don't even tell me anything. I'll be like, is that true?
Speaker 4: I know a couple of Zacharis each.
Speaker 1: Wilson is not a It's a pretty common name.
Speaker 4: It's so common.
Speaker 2: So if you tell me Zack Wilson is gonna lead us to a championship, I'll be like, no, he's not, like Zach Wilson's not.
Speaker 1: And it's not because he can't play.
Speaker 3: He's gonna show you a home on red fin Land.
Speaker 1: But his name is too regular. But I you got quarterback.
Speaker 2: Face, not that Yeah, sexy man, but guess what name man?
Speaker 4: I keep telling people.
Speaker 1: So I have to ask you about because not only did he leave, he's playing within the same division, which is crazy to me. I like this signing for the Eagles because he's going from an offensive line.
Speaker 3: It look dunk that stunk and has stunk.
Speaker 1: And if you look at look a little bit deeper into the metrics, the Eagles offensive line been one of the best. Exactly.
Speaker 2: It scares me when I've seen it happen. You know how baby just turn the open store, beating up the mattress. Yeah, you know, punching the air when nobody's there. That was me yesterday. Yeah, just heartbroken because the rich get rich, all right. Yeah, he's a Pennsylvania native, so it's gonna be some pride.
Speaker 4: There, all right.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: Now when we play the Philadelphia Eagles, who are you gonna stop?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: He has dudes around them, That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: You got aj Brown the fronta smell, Dallas garter, Jalen. I mean, the quarterback can run, the running back can catch. Like they have no weakness right now, not on offense. On offense, the Philadelphia Eagles are as scary as any team in the NFL because I know if the defense think about it. We just played Saquon with the Giants when he was the only threat.
Speaker 4: We could not stop him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could not stop him when we the whole game plan is Daniel Jones thinks we need to stop Saquon Barker.
Speaker 1: That was a game plan, that was.
Speaker 2: The game playing by every team in NFL, and they could not stop him. And now you think we're gonna stop him now? Scary, scary scary. I thought that one was scary. I thought, even though the Giants ain't did much right, that b Burns in Tripadeau coming off each edge trouble, that's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be scary.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to say it's Michaels scraight, hand over to you and your right, but it's gonna be scary.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The other team, the only team that didn't do nothing because they ain't got no money in the Dallas cap on right, they.
Speaker 1: Sit back there and we just we're just ripping them apart. They're just having to restructure contracts right now.
Speaker 2: We're ripping them apart slowly. They wanted to hide Joe Wick, No, you're not a right. Not only did we take your defensive coordinator making my head coach. We took your candidate for defensive coordinator, that made them hours. We took your starting center, took your rotation of rush, took your soul. All right, So while you are slowly deteriorating, we're taking all that and we're getting better.
Speaker 1: We're getting better, were getting better.
Speaker 2: So I feel good at where we at, all right, I feel very good. I feel better than I think New York Giants fans feel I feel better than Dallas Cowboys fan. But you know they are oblivious to any truth, all right, they don't care. But Philadelphia contin continues to be Philadelphia. But Fletcher Cox retiring, yep, the best center Kelsey of all time. No doubt we'll have effect on you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I want to see.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to see next year the truth about the Tush push.
Speaker 4: Was it all Kelsey?
Speaker 2: It was a lot of it was this, Jalen Hurt said his finest. But we will see this year. I can't believe I missed this. On Command Center. You guys were talking about questions.
Speaker 1: Of the combine and you claimed, yeah that in an emergency situation, yeah, you could land a plane and a lot of the people in the comments.
Speaker 2: Believe you can. You do that because it's true. I'm cool and calm under pressure. They've seen me work under pressure with millions of people watching me. Okay, I am very intelligent to the point that I know aerodynamics and how a plane operates. What you to understand is a plane a pun takeoff. That's why they get as high as they can, only to continue to drop.
Speaker 4: Rest of the time.
Speaker 1: We're dropping.
Speaker 2: You don't understand that we're not flying the curvature of the earth we're going.
Speaker 1: We're flying the hump and we're dropping.
Speaker 2: The rest of the next two hours, we're getting closer back to the ground. So me myself, all we need to do is glide, Baby, we need to glide.
Speaker 4: First of all.
Speaker 1: I can't get in the cockpit and do nothing hasty.
Speaker 3: Have you ever flown a plane?
Speaker 4: No, but I have been.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Got a homeboard that's a private, a private pilot. So I'll be with him. Okay, he'll call me for one day. Vuz, Hey, Fred heading new of Miami the night.
Speaker 1: You won't get in it. Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: And in the chance that he just faints while we're up there, it's time for me to take over solo style.
Speaker 4: And what I am going to do is figure.
Speaker 2: I'm good at problem solving. Okay, I'm gonna figure this problem out.
Speaker 4: Now. You gotta understand.
Speaker 2: Now the cockpit is so electronically rain right now. All I gotta do is not miss it up. All I gotta do is not miss it up.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Yeah, we're talking a Sessna versus A seven forty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I understand, bigger plane.
Speaker 1: You can still do like a jet plane.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is, once I get up there and I realize, let's just say, okay, hypothetically I'm on my way flying to Atleta. The pilot gets sick and pass out. Okay, and they like anybody in the back can fly.
Speaker 4: Yes, So ain't nobody gonna stand over it. So I guess it's me.
Speaker 1: I got it. I'm gonna go up there.
Speaker 4: Okay. First of all, this activate the auto pilot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna keep the autopilot on as long as possible, because it ain't flying the plane.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about. It's landing the plane. Oh that's that's yes. That's got to keep the nose up.
Speaker 2: Gotta understand how we're dropping, and gotta understand. If I don't feel like I can land on something hard, I got to land on some soft water, all right.
Speaker 1: Do you think you could glide a plane down on water?
Speaker 4: I think I could glide a plane down.
Speaker 2: I just think I got that cool come and collecting is to get that done.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 2: I think all of my years of watching Captain kirk Be you know, in a stellar.
Speaker 4: I think it.
Speaker 1: I think it really so. I just look, claif you think years of watching Star Trek and the USS Enterprise has prepared you for landing a seven forty seven potentially.
Speaker 4: The Enterprise flies in space, do you think it's hard? At flyer face, I did, yes, Flower.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is if I'm on the plane, people, you in good hands. That's all I'm saying. All I'm saying is pray for us. But we gonna get there because I refuse to give up. One, I ain't gonna give up, okay. Two, I'm gonna do everything in my power to try to get us on this ground.
Speaker 1: That's what I could promise you. All right?
Speaker 4: So what about you? You think you can land a plane? You won't even try.
Speaker 3: I would try and we would crash.
Speaker 4: Why I think about this.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm doing landing a plane. I'll tell you this. If it were a small plane, a very small plane, and I had like, you know, some headgear on, and I had, you know, like I was gonna say, miscontrol but yeah, like an air traffic controller saying okay, you're talking me through it. I feel like I could do it.
Speaker 4: But a jetliner, first of all, kareemo du jabar fluid plane?
Speaker 1: An airplane?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's representing the football world. I think I can too. And I think the thing is, think about it. What do we know about a plane? If we push this down, the nose of the plane dips. Yeah, if we pull it back go up. I we know those two things, right, we know the plane. The nose of this plane need to be headed that way, right.
Speaker 4: The first thing I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna do it. It didn't.
Speaker 3: Getting to see there's a guy in Florida who did this.
Speaker 2: I know you remember this, listen. That's why I'm telling you. I'm one of those guys else. But to do this, I like, I'm sorry. I'm the type guy if you if an apartment building on fire and you need to drop your baby for flights it's me that need to catch you Soft Hands sponsored by Pampers Very Soft. I can do certain things because of my athletic ability, but also because I'm not afraid. Because most people are gonna be like, I'm afraid to fly this play, not because they can't. They gonna be like, I'm afraid, not me. I know it's a I'm sure they got a book in there to kind of tell you some stuff too. I can speed read it right quick. I'm gonna find my ways to get it done. All I'm saying is give up.
Speaker 1: I won't if they're a house fire. I bean like smooth, catch up baby, I'm gonna go call for help. Yeah, that would be my job.
Speaker 2: And I just be catching baby, just off the roof, just catching babies. I'm fine with that. Like somebody gotta step up, like I have always asked myself, like when situations happen.
Speaker 4: What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Not too long ago, me and my girls, we like to walk around the lake.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're walking around the lake talking trash to each other.
Speaker 2: And uh, I see this just through my peripherw because I'm a defensive back.
Speaker 4: I see this kid in a little you.
Speaker 2: Know, electrically little jeep okay, and he's getting closer and closer to the lake, just closer and close. And I'm like, by the time he literally hits the lake, I just take off running.
Speaker 1: So my daughter's like, what are they doing?
Speaker 2: Jump in the water, grab the kid, really grab the power wheel and and it gets him out.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: But the thing was, if I would have waited, no tell him, what would have happened on the trip. So at the end of the day, like it, just see it, go get it. I'm used to that as an athlete. Respond to what you see, react to what you see. And I think that's what at the least do I think we react with that thinking like while most people sitting there thinking, I'm seeing him not being able to stop. So I'm like, this is not going any good, oh man, So now I gotta go with hear you this speed? Knowing my feet, babe.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: When I worked in Austin, this is when I knew I would never win employed the month ever because one night or one afternoon we were on it was Highway one eighty three in Austin and we were in the news vehicle. John Fisher, he was my photographer and there was a car in front of us, lost control that hit the side of like the barrier and then spun out.
Speaker 3: Car caught on fire.
Speaker 1: God swear to God. So we get him out, pull him away. I get him away from the car, people to call a nine on one, and then so he was okay. I was like, who do I need to call? We're gonna we're gonna get you an ambulance. Who do I need to call? And he gives me his daughter's number, So I call his daughter. I'm like, hey, your dad's been acting. He's okay. You got him out.
Speaker 3: He's a little shaking up, Gonna be all right. So we got authorities everything. So two or three weeks later in the month time, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, you're gonna get it. We got just wrapped up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you shouldn't. And I thought, well, guess what, Yeah, I'm never getting employed. You went on and you know what I didn't.
Speaker 4: You can't want any part of employee. Had a month for that.
Speaker 1: If you can't win for that, what can you win for?
Speaker 2: Listen, all you need to do was go to church the Sunday and tell Liam what happened. And everybody would have stared at him and say, won't he do it?
Speaker 1: Yes, he will, and that's what they would have gave.
Speaker 4: Jicks all the love he needed for doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that. I'm sure that father thanks you. I'm sure that family thanks you.
Speaker 4: Listen when I say the kid out the pun, the daddy just looked at me. Didn't he thank me?
Speaker 1: Didn't he say that?
Speaker 4: The mama thanked me?
Speaker 2: But I'm sure she would looking at him like just a coward. I'm sure she was where were you? Yeah, it took flash to come over here, and it took me to run over there.
Speaker 4: But she had a she had a look of disgust on her face, but she looked.
Speaker 2: That's all I needed, the look of disgust, the look of us because I because I'm sure she like, why didn't you take off running right instead of him?
Speaker 4: So I'm fine, Like, sometimes you don't need that pet on the back. Right. You are employee of the month. I'm gonna get you employee up.
Speaker 1: I just come out. I'm like, if I can't win it for here, for this. You wasn't on the clock, Jinx. I wasn't the clock. I was at a news rig with my photographer going out to shoot the story. I was even on the clock. You was a part of the story. Oh I guess that's true.
Speaker 4: You was a part of the story and did not even know it. Dude. Come on, man, you gotta get more blood in it.
Speaker 1: I paint those bets all right.
Speaker 2: Get live podcasts brought to you by Bet three six five Fisial Sports Ben, partner of the WATCHTI Commanders bet on a range NFL markets with the best bet three six five app. Craft your own personalized bet slips with parlay excess thousands of game with live screaming. Uh place your bit before the match. During the game, It's up to you. Download bit three six five app till and join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem call it text one eight hundred gamble law MWAA. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dreamly anyplace in the world and blink of I We're there. That's the one, the flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dulles International Airport. Let your imagination sword book your adventure today at flight Dulles dot com. Slash none stop Bill's.
Speaker 1: Bay, beautiful Bill Day.
Speaker 2: I feel like the first of the month when we're paying them bills, it's a grown man. Do you feel like robbed at the first of the month.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do. I don't like being an adults. I hate being an adults. It works, right, it does. I remember when parents used to be like, boy, you don't know and.
Speaker 4: Gets we're right sixteen mustache, just trying to look old, and I know what I need. I know what my life gonna be.
Speaker 2: Thank you Mom for showing me all they love the music and knowing that I was ignorant. Listen, mom knows, like don't you hate when mom always right about the girl you dating? Yes, it really burns right because it shows you you know nothing.
Speaker 1: This is the first time in my life my current girlfriend, I'm fifty. This is the first time in my life that my mama has been like, that's the one for you. Wow, I really got I swear to God.
Speaker 3: Every other time she's been like, she's nice.
Speaker 4: She's all right.
Speaker 1: This is the first time she's like, now, this is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Every time I be like, I swear I want to introduce you to Caroll. No, all right, I'd be like, okay, Mama, I want to introduce you to Susie.
Speaker 4: No. So it got to a point as the only child, I was like, you just have to do with just me and you.
Speaker 1: Personal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then I realized I'm oh for one hundred when it comes to dating in marriage.
Speaker 4: So maybe she right, Maybe she right.
Speaker 1: I have to ask you. You cannot wait to get your take on Jake Paul versus fifty seven years old Mike Tyson, not Iron Mike from the late eighties nineties.
Speaker 4: We know this. He go to thing jeans.
Speaker 2: Okay, if I busted in the old folks home right now, right and jumped onto old veterans, beat him up, and called you and said I just beat up to seventy old men, you wouldn't give.
Speaker 4: Me no love and no problem none, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think Jake Paul can get any love from beating up a sixty old man. I I if Mike wins hell, he'll probably have four mo fights.
Speaker 1: There's no way he's gonna win. He is.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: I when somebody is a highly skilled a some art, yes.
Speaker 4: I don't mess with them in that art.
Speaker 2: I don't care how old they are right right now, I would not go to a dojo and pick on somebody since say that's seventy years old.
Speaker 1: He will beat me up, right, I mean I'm out.
Speaker 2: Now, like just at a bar some and I see a dude like just chilling with a Cauliflowerer.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a I'm not away.
Speaker 1: He can be fifty sixty right.
Speaker 2: He is wired different. He's wired different. I'm not dealing with him. The question ain't can Jake Paul laying some punches on Mike? I gotta feeling Mike eat those punches. And the question is can Jake Paul eat Mike's punches because he ain't gonna connect fifty time? But the three or four can?
Speaker 1: I could not.
Speaker 4: Take a punch from Mike Tyson.
Speaker 1: I agree. But here's the thing with Mike, more than any other boxer ever, there's an aura around him, right, because if you watched him come up people, you can see the fear in their eyes. Steps into the ring. Yes, remember how he used to come into the ring. There's no music, just a.
Speaker 2: Hey first of all, wearing a washcloth, yes, yes, cut up washcloth.
Speaker 1: He came in and you could see the fear in another boxer's eyes saying this guy's gonna kill me.
Speaker 4: Yes, this guy's.
Speaker 3: Gonna kill and that has resonated for so long.
Speaker 1: Mike Tyson last July was walking around what New York City with a cane because of sciatica.
Speaker 2: He also owns pigeons. They don't stop him. At the end of the day. This man is an animal.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 3: But you know what it's like.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of Tiger Woods. Every time Tiger's on the course. You think Tiger's gonna win, right because it's Tiger, but then you realize this isn't Tiger from twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: No, this Tiger has failed down a mountain. Yes, I missus hip hop back up. I understand Mike Tyson man, Like I said, can Jake Paul eat the punch?
Speaker 4: That's the question, because you're gonna get hit.
Speaker 1: I want to see him go down. I want Mike to win. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to see James all go down. He's like the joker that nobody likes right now. Everybody won't to see him go down, but he just wins. Jake Paul just a winner in life.
Speaker 4: So I know people hate it because he talked.
Speaker 3: He does train like an actual boxer. I give him credit for that he does.
Speaker 4: He's one of.
Speaker 2: Those guys that everybody praying for his downfall.
Speaker 4: It just won't happen.
Speaker 2: But this, this might. The question is can he eat the punch? That's where I'm laying at, right, can he eat the punch? I know he gonna connect with Michael a couple of times. I gotta feeling Mic gonna you know, dance.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, give me more than you know, but I want to see the match and is this where we're at that boxing has to Boxing has felled so low before. I mean when it comes to like the UFC and yeah, it's eating boxing a lot.
Speaker 1: Great boxing matches are rare now, truly great boxing matches because I think the heavyweights are not there, like the Wealth the weights are there, the smaller guys are there.
Speaker 2: But you know, boxing in his finest when when it's heavyweights.
Speaker 4: So don't thing. I can say this.
Speaker 2: We know if Jake Paul starts to get a leverage, you Mic, he gonna bite him.
Speaker 1: You don't think so, Mike, Yeah, he gonna bite him.
Speaker 2: I think he's just what's the over under in Vegas is somebody gonna get.
Speaker 1: Bit, half a bite, somebody, either one or none.
Speaker 2: Listen to be somebody is going to get bit. It's just this fight will not just be a boxing box of boxing, boxing, masterful, masterful, Shenanigan's.
Speaker 1: Right, something gonna happen. And that's the thing. If Jake Paul wants to fight Nate Robinson, he wants to fight, he knocked Nate.
Speaker 2: I ain't seen Nate since Nate went to listen, Nate has not shown hisself on earth. I don't even know if I don't know if he still live on earth. He ain't showed his face again.
Speaker 1: It's true. And here's a if you're Jake Paul, listen, if you're trying to make a buck, which is what he's trying to do, make a buck, but don't act like put it out there like I'm gonna face the greatest of all thirty years later. If you want to box, be a boxer. But right now, he's just a celebrity boxer going.
Speaker 4: After the cat. That's what he is.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: And guess what this will boxing it, this will boxing. It gotta litter, right, gotta lit it be what he's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Let me talk to you about Honda before we play our game Goaded.
Speaker 1: Alright, please do and with I'm excited about this, guys. You got to explore the sophisticated, sleek look of this CRV Hybrid and Accord Hybrid from Honda, their most powerful electrifying vehicles. She had conquered the unpaved road in one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sports, Honda's most capable suv ever, or experienced the throwing performance of the fund to Drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charged engine.
Speaker 3: Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda.
Speaker 1: Find the Honda perfect for you. See your local Washington area Honda dealer today, and you, guys know the drill. When it comes to see Geek. I do the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. The dealers finalize there the newest member of the Commander's family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it, because you will keep hearing it, and rightfully so. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commander's games or any other live event in the DMV, Seek Geek is the place to do it. Seek Geek the new official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: So Commanders fans can fan.
Speaker 4: They gotta come on and just tune in to see that mustache.
Speaker 2: That's the work r Right, there's this thing that's a Burt Renals classic.
Speaker 1: My girlfriend says she loves it, and I'm like, I gotta, I gotta shave this thing. She's like, I like it. I'm like, she wants you to be Daniel Boone. Now thosemen, I guess, so, haven't I like Raccoon having the tails man.
Speaker 4: That's the hell of a mustache right there.
Speaker 1: That's a mustache.
Speaker 4: Mustache.
Speaker 1: This is goaded, all right. So I don't know what is in these cards, but apparently I'm gonna pull up a subject, maybe a player or whatever, and you tell me what is the greatest of all time when it comes to this subject?
Speaker 4: Is that right? At it are?
Speaker 1: We're gonna be both, all right, all right, We're gonna do both. You men, start, yeah, go start, opponents.
Speaker 3: Who is the greatest opponent that you've ever faced?
Speaker 2: It's deep the greatest opponent I ever faced. And he is the goat myself. This is why man in the mirror, the man in the mirror is always the man in the mirror. Because we can do anything and accomplish anything, but who gets in our way to most we do? Young Fred Smooth got in my.
Speaker 1: Way, all right, So I like this answer.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm just telling you now, at the end of the day, young Fred Smooth was the greatest opponent I had to beat goaded Washington quarterbacks. Who is the greatest Washington quarterback of all time?
Speaker 1: Both of us? Yeah, ah, do you want to go back? You go as father as you want to go.
Speaker 4: Sonny, it's Jay, It's Jay nine.
Speaker 2: It's hard to be like this is what I say, right, because we had a couple of different guys win like Mark Rippin had a hell of c h But I think Joe thiys mean to me, if he doesn't get hurt, he would have been the longest standing guy that had the job. And what people don't forget about Joe. Thisman, Joe used to return punts. You know, Joe average like five yard supert return.
Speaker 1: I did not know that, now you do. I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe, thisman, that's my guy, Joseph.
Speaker 1: You know, I like anybody named Joe. You call it, yeah, gold it as you said college football coaches. My coach Jackie Sheryl. Oh you want Jackie Shacky Sheryl.
Speaker 4: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: Jackie Sheryl won a national championship at pitt with Damn Marino.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: And those guys took brought Texas.
Speaker 2: A and him from the ashes. I'm Mississippi State to that level. Jackie Wayne Sheryl, you understand me. Oh you went middle name Jackie Wayne Shirle. And if we won't talk about the league, Joe Jackson Gibs like, go go goat, goat, goat. All I play for is goat. I love goat milk and goat me.
Speaker 1: I'll give you Joe Gibbs, one of the greats. Belichick is there. You have to put him there no matter what. But it was college college. It's saving. I know what's easy to say, but it's saving.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked with you, a Texas guy. I ain't here to Werry Brown. Come out to your mind.
Speaker 1: Darrel Royal much more than Mac Brown. Daryl roy won three national titles.
Speaker 4: All right, goat it.
Speaker 2: This one right here, split barbershops all across America. Okay, best basketball player of all.
Speaker 1: Time Michael Jeffrey Jordan, and I'll tell you something. You can look at LBJ Kareem Abdul Jabash would be up there. People never give.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: But the one thing that Jordan did two things.
Speaker 1: Number one save the NBA. Save number one. This cat took off three years in his prime in his prime and.
Speaker 2: Win played baseball, stunk, came back, won three more, took off three years in his prime.
Speaker 1: And number two is no basketball player has ever been feared like Michael Jordan. When Lebron James walked into arena, people are like, man, we got our hands full tonight. People feared Jordan.
Speaker 2: He owned decades. He was so damn good that other people didn't win. They only won when he took three years off. Yeah, true, that's dominant.
Speaker 1: Never lost.
Speaker 2: Now I'm one of those people. I believe you can have more than one go than your yard. Sure, I believe Lebron James is to go. I believe Michael is to go. But if they changed the logo right now, it'll be Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now, Lebron his long jail amazing has taken him past Michael number wise, But I just think Michael just had. It's hard to go against him Ja, let's let's he raise me here. Oh yeah, that's right, Yeah he did. God, yep, I'm.
Speaker 1: Golded team mascots.
Speaker 4: We just had a mascot talk.
Speaker 2: I just had to sit down with Tuddy and hit down with Tuddy. Yeah, and we were talking about the Wizard's mascot, ge Wizz g Whiz. They say g Whiz could be the number two mascot in all of sports.
Speaker 1: What I was blown away? Really?
Speaker 2: They say ge Whiz is probably only second to Philadelphia Phillies. Okay, mascot Oh, Philly fanatics dramatic. Yeah, uh, you know, Tuddy's so young in it.
Speaker 1: Man Gritty is great too. Listen those Philly mascots, they do a good job. I just hate everything Philly. I hear you.
Speaker 2: Philly has a statue of a man that don't exist. That's Roger never.
Speaker 4: Exists, Philadelphia, never exist. He's a mascot. All right.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: If I had to go mascot of all time, this won't be ge Wiiz.
Speaker 1: I promise you that one.
Speaker 2: I love George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and then Tummas Jefferson.
Speaker 1: Did we have the game? Yes?
Speaker 4: I love the president running presidents you knew.
Speaker 1: Who I love this. This mascot does not exist anymore. Look at the old videos of Upie for the expos I'm telling you he got the national word. He got kicked out of a game one time because he had on pajamas in like a pajama cap. Look at this video on YouTube. And Tommy Losorda, who has managed the Dodgers at the time, was so angry and you Peo would like go to sleep on the top of their dugout and Lasorda got so angry, got and kicked out of the game. Yes, upe was awesome. All right, that's yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: The Golded DC Restaurants DC.
Speaker 1: Restaurants, Yeah, oh man, I gotta think about this one for a second. Oh one of our favorite restaurants to go to, just around the corner from where.
Speaker 3: We live, Nina May you can walk there.
Speaker 1: Everything's the drinks are fantastic, appetizers are fantastic, it's reasonably priced, it's nice. They got an outdoor space that's kind of in our neighborhood. But we love that place. All right. I would go, all right, gotta show some love to Ben's Chili Bowl.
Speaker 4: Let's start there.
Speaker 1: Yep, you gotta start there.
Speaker 2: Historic place oohs and Ahs is a soul food spot that don't sell pork what. Yeah, so it's stead of like pork Chops's lamb chops. So it's still like so it's very good restaurant. But I had to go to the best steakhouse to me in America with the a cake of a king Maestros. You know, I am a Maestros guy. That butter cake right there. I don't know what they do to their butter cake, but it is special. My shows, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Last one Goaded song covers.
Speaker 2: Yellow Brick Road, Yellow Brick Road, Elton John. Yeah, I once performed it in Japan. You know I I've done karaoke.
Speaker 4: I know you love.
Speaker 1: Are you telling the truth right now?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. This is gonna sound blasphemous because it's not. It's not better than the original, but it's it's different in the way that it's done. You know, footsteps in the dark, by the eyes they brothers. Of course you do, right. So there is a there is a three person group led by a woman called Cannons, and they're very like electronic kind of hypnotic, and they redid this song in a way that is so smooth and so ship out. It's really chill, all right, and I just I love the vibe to it where nothing can replace the Isley Brothers. I'm not saying that, but it's hard to take a song like that and just make it your own. And I love the way the coming anything.
Speaker 4: Luther Van drafts like.
Speaker 2: It took me like a hundred year to figure out that Luther wrote no songs. Luther just right took other people's songs and song get better than they. It's so true.
Speaker 4: Everything Luther Van draws is a cover song, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the goats too, talking about go to Luther. That's mood. I'm Jakes, thanks for being whether it's on to Get Loud Podcasts presented by Seat Geek don't forget Free Agent Fridays, and in the comments, tell us who you want to see in some questions want to ask?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.