Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart radio podcast Okay. Ariana Grande leaving spotlight after tour amid health scrutiny. A representative for Ariana Grande has said the singer will pull back from public appearances once she finishes the Eternal Sunshine Tour. The announcement follows weeks of renewed online discussion about Grande's physical appearance after the release of her new Pedal music video. Fans and commenters debated whether concern over her health was appropriate or whether it crossed into invasive body commentary. Someone commented saying, this poor woman is possibly dying right in front of us. This outfit is designed to accentuate the thinness for.
Speaker 2: Discourse.
Speaker 1: Her team are thoroughly irresponsible for not guiding her away from this deeply damaging image for her young fans to see so glamorized. Her comments reignited debate over whether public concern can ever be appropriate when discussing a celebrity's appearance, or whether any speculation about someone's health based on how they look crosses a line. We have a lot of thoughts about kind of all of this, Like I understand why people are talking about it. But I also just don't like when people talk about women's bodies.
Speaker 2: I know I felt the same. I was actually Auther's may.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this all morning because you know, on one hand, it really there's Arianna is arguably has such a little girl following. I mean, she was Glinda for Pete's sake, so there's so many little girls looking up to her and watching what she's doing. She also is thirty four plus thirty nine or thirty five, so we know that, like there's a side of Ariana that is not age appropriate for some of these young ones. But when you have so many little girls watching everything you're doing, there's such an added layer of pressure too to show up differently. I think I'm not saying that she should. I'm just saying, you know, like the Taylor Swifts of the world, like when your fan base is so predominminently young, I think it is important to have to keep that at the top of mind. You know, we know how weight can be for me, Like whenever I've been at my skinniest is because I'm at my most dressed.
Speaker 2: Yeap for me, That's how I like.
Speaker 1: Some people eat more, I eat less, same and I mean, you know, like in the divorce, like you guys are like force feeding me down my food, you know, because I don't want. And again so I think it's I look at it and I'm just it makes me sad because I want because she's obviously going through something. So that's where I'm like to add more comments and like again basically what we're doing talking about it, like it adds to the noise of things. And that's and I understand what you're saying about, like she's got young fans and all of that, but I just wish there was love instead of look at her, you know, like she knows.
Speaker 2: I'm she knows. I'm sure she probably knows, you know.
Speaker 1: But then I've also and I'm not defending, but like I've also seen videos where she looks really strong in some videos too, like there's a good amount of muscle in some of the things I saw the most recent she does look extra extra little and I do. I had to remind myself too, like what does her schedule even look like? Imagine right, like you know, on the road, Yeah, it's grueling and if you're trying to maintain I mean there's days listen, I'm no one. I'm just running kids around the county, and there's days where I forget to eat. Yes, you know what I'm saying, And I'm not saying that's what's happening here that she's not eating. I'm just going when work and life and kids in our situation get so busy, there's days where I don't eat, and then I'm like, well, why do I feel like garbage or why do I feel so low? And then I sit and have like two minutes to myself, I'm like, oh, I can handle the world. So imagine if you're touring. You just came off of She came off of two movies, an album release, a concert tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think about it with again, in the social media age of things, if I'm I mean, just a couple of months ago, people thought I was pregnant. Why I hadn't maybe the things that I was wearing, or maybe I looked like I had a bump in something, or But also a couple months before that they all said I was too skinny and whatever. Now, granted I was, I actually was going through something that I needed. I just to kind of to your point, I was stressed I wasn't eating well and I did. I lost a little bit too much weight. I acknowledged it, saw it and changed my diet. Yeah, forced myself to kind of like make my stomach, you know, and now I'm like back to my normal weight. But people can look at and then go, oh, she's not now she's fat or like I'm not saying that that's what they were saying, but like just how people just that's their first thing. Like I'm sometimes even afraid to post the bikini photo on the lake because people will make comments or compare and it's like that's just that's the world. That it makes me sad too, the compairing of all of like that, like, yeah, I might look like I've got a six pack in that photo, but not always, you know, or I don't know, and it's it's it doesn't make you any less attractive because you don't or I'm just like I'm like, I just don't like when people and I think we grew up in the society of you know, the nine O, two and o days and you know, our friend Shane, like you know, they're all saying, how annarexic? She was well again, she was so stressed and it's like growing up by TV and like yeah, and it's just I mean, I remember being on One Tree Hill and the creator I'm in I'm in a bron panty and the Creator going, oh, hey, can you like suck like your bellies coming out? So immediately my brain I'm like, oh, I'm too fat for this, you know what I mean? And like he was making comments about my weight, and I was like, I wasn't super skinny, but I wasn't at s and a big person though, but I'm just saying, like, you know what I mean. Like it's like even in that, it's like we have enough. I just we have enough to stress and worry about that the last thing we need. And the sad thing is is that it's ninety nine percent I think women that come in on the comments I know, and that makes me wonder, like what's going on in your own world? Like I don't see her and feel like I have an opinion about her weight. Honestly, she's just so talented that in our house she kind of like just reiins, you know, like Presston's obsessed with her voice love is you know, So I don't look at her that way. But then I do remember, like I remember in college gaining you know weight. Listen, it was a diet of like taco bell and beer and ramen noodles and anything I could get from the serving jobs, right because we're broke and we're just trying to survive. But I remember I gained for me was a pretty significant amount. And one of the guys that I liked made a comment, made a couple of comments to friends of mine, got back to me, and I remember it sent me into a spiral and then into an eating disorder, which I'm not proud of. And I also am not proud of the fact that one person had that much control. But for me, even still this is hard to admit. But even still at forty four, there is an element of control that I still gain from being in charge of what I eat. So like my scale control, you know, Yeah, I stopped really weighing myself. Yeah, and I'm not proud of that forty four. Like you know, there's even videos on here, like I don't think it's a time where we were raised though too oh so inundated. Yeah, I mean hydroxy cut and yeah, you know, I mean reading glamour like how to Slim and whatever. I mean that's what we're reading me. Yeah, and we didn't even have GLP ones to go, you know, like the quick fix in a back door of some weird little non doctor and and the celebrity Like we are so celebrities are so accessible to us now that we I mean, I can get to know what anybody eats on a daily basis, which is But also we're so I'm not saying we like a celebrity, but like celebrities are so accessible that we as a society can easily reach out to them, like we couldn't know as much as I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, reach out to JTT Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: And even though I wrote him a letter when I was thirteen, but still like we can you imagine? I just A'm like, now people can just go on and just comment hate, it's just wild to me. And then I know, but I will say, but also love, like I love so many of my conversations that I have too. Yeah, and a lot of times I'm always like I always end it with thank you for being so kind. Yeah. Same, Especially recently, I had a few that have DMed and been like, you know, I had a vulnerability hangover after my Oprah comment, well, and then I just don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I said it out loud.
Speaker 1: It was like what, yeah, I did, sure, And then a couple of people wrote to me and I was like, I'm just so grateful, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I do.
Speaker 1: I I had a very I will say this, one of my my very best friend, don't be offended, when in high school had a really bad eating disorder like super innarexic and and there is I remember her idolizing and we didn't even.
Speaker 2: Have the accessibility, so that's what's wild.
Speaker 1: But like I remember her going down to like she had to shop in almost like super junior department, like it was sick, sick, like she was not well. And so I don't want to also, I don't want to also normalize the body figure of that either, because I just don't think that's good for everybody watching. And I don't want to misspeak and get myself a bunch of hate. I just I want everyone really healthy and I want them nourished, and if if that is what's happening there, then that's great. I just it just is she's just she's also not a big human. Arianna is not a big human. Yeah, she's a tiny joncher. Yeah, she's not like a I mean you I have to think too. She was on I mean playing in wicket. I mean I can't imagine the no. And they got hate then too, Yeah, her and since a lot. And when you are just inundated with hate, it's again people like me. When I'm inundated with that stuff, I don't have an appetite to eat. No, because it feels impossible. Yeah, because that's all you hear. And I think that's where you know and so and also the habits we want as moms as well, right, is something that I don't want Jolie just to see me having a bar or you know what I mean. Like, I want to like nourish my body with like good things, which is I'm you know, I've been forcing myself to because a couple of my blood work came back that I wasn't nourishing enough. Yeah, and I'm like, okay, wake up call, Like I need to start eating better. Yeah, love, And I've been making lunch together. I usually skip lunch and just snack and then have dinner. And we've been having lunch together and I'm like, I just want I do want the healthy habits. Has she made Has Ariana made any comments about this, or she just just that she's pulling back from touring. I think her people just said that she was pulling back, but no, not that I know of. But it's just it just makes me sad because I just I get why people again will say things, but I just I wish people could be more of you don't know what's happening or what someone's going through, no, and to just offer kindness and support instead of.
Speaker 2: The hate.
Speaker 1: She is such a talented, such a profound, sweet, like just such an incredible person celebrity. I'll say, I don't know her, but we got to watch. We watched way too many behind the scenes of everything that happened with Glinda, like that was our life. We were eating, breathing, sleeping it. So I just hope she is well and I hope she's happy. I just don't want her. I don't want the world to eat her live because she's just such a talented, wonderful human And I don't think anything. I don't think. I don't think GLP ones has I mean, do you think it's pushed us back to the skinny culture?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. You do. Oh, I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely do. I don't think it's maybe what it was meant for, but I think it is definitely. I mean even just in I know a lot of people that were getting it not from doctors and just we're sick for forever, and I'm like, well, it's probably because your body is like not eating. I do also think it's been really beneficial, Like we have family that has gone on it with diabetes and it's changed their lives.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think it's you know, just like anything right, it can be used it as a gift or could not be. Alex Cooper claps back at internet trolls comment uh troll's comment about how she's handling her pregnancy. The Call Our Daddy podcast shared a post on her Instagram story in response to an Internet troll who told her not to complain about being pregnant. Added that it was her choice and that pregnancy can be hard. Pregnancy can be hard. Oh, Chris, tell me about your pregnancy. I would love to hear bib, she wrote over a screenshot of the DM. She just wanted to share all the dms I get like this from men lol. Last week, Alex was also revealed she was diagnosed with gestational gestational diabetes and said, when I got this diagnosis, the first couple of days, I was really hard on myself and it felt very isolating. As much as my family and husband everyone was there for me, I felt like it's me on an island. The diagnosis was so upsetting, I think because during pregnancy there's also there was already so much emotionally that you're going through. And I even saw like on her because I follow her, I think she's great. People were like, it's no big deal. People get all the time. Yes, yes, and your first pregnancy, like everything feels so much. Yeah, Like even on the last one, it was so heightened, you know, because of my age and all the things that were going on. Well, and there's like, you know, you're dealing hormonally emotions, but also cravings are crazy, and when you can't go eat what you want to eat or you're trying to pay attention to all of that, that's just another added layer too. And you're also in charge of someone else's life, so it's like you're not just making these choices you're making, you're trying to make the best choice for your body and for another body. It's a lot, and I didn't. I've never had that with all three. I was always so that drink, remember the drink woo. Yeah, I'm like, are we giving women? I mean, I know it's really hard for me, but I can't. I'm I mean again, the scrutiny, I just can't even imagine. I will say this, though, and I'm going to be very careful how I say it.
Speaker 2: I and I don't know the complaint complaint that she had. I do.
Speaker 1: I will say this, Never have I ever complained about anything that had to do with pregnancy.
Speaker 2: Never have you ever had to complain? Oh?
Speaker 1: Really, I never complained about pregnancy one time. I think because I worked in the women's space so intimately, and I've been in the rooms where babies are born with no cry, and how women have lost at thirty eight weeks or thirty weeks. And for me specifically, like I had one of my best girlfriends couldn't get pregnant. They did several rounds of IVF and ended up using her sister as a sarrogate. Like I think, for me specifically, I and this is not me. I'm not trying to say I'm better than or any My perspective on pregnancy was so that if I knew a girl that would pay a million dollars to feel what it would feel like to be miserable.
Speaker 2: You know, those those days where everything's aching or you can't go to sleep or like.
Speaker 1: That. There's some women that would give anything to know that feeling. And so that's just always what I kept at the top of my brain. So I didn't ever complain. I also get it, and also some of it is just funny, like there are things that you can say that are I mean, I definitely complained about having hyperemesis because that miserable.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I heard morning sickness as you had. Like what I thought morning sickness was was you had it in the morning and it ended around twelve weeks.
Speaker 2: No, mine never ended. I mean mine did not end.
Speaker 1: UPS was with Roman and I think it ended around like eighteen but even still I was still kind of nauseous. Jace was the entire time, Jolie was the entire time. I was the entire time with Lione. I felt hungover every day. All I wanted was like a cheese sand I mean, it was horrendous. Yeah. I mean I remember waking up in the middle as I complain about being pregnant, but I remember just being like, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Can't, I can do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like in the middle of the night. It was in Los Angeles, and I could not stop dry heating.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I couldn't stop.
Speaker 1: So I rolled over and was like, I'm going to go to the hospital and he's like, okay, so that's the only way was to get an iv YEP to stop dry heating.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just I gosh, I and now look at my sweet little Jace. But I mean, yeah, I definitely complained about that, and I think it's okay if you do, it's a complaint. You're just mentioning. Like that's where I'm also like, it's not like you're I can't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't think she was complaining. That's what my that's where And I don't think she was complaining. She's just like this, this is an island. Yeah. I felt like I'm an island and this is what this is what I have, and this bums me out. Yeah, So I was so bummed that I had a hemorrhage with Roman and that I had a big old ass vibroid. Yeah, it's okay to be bummed and scared and all the things like yeah, it's a scary for difference, like just to note it is. Yeah, Like if you're miserable every day, that's yeah, I think again, I do want to say I was nauseous every day, and there was points where I was like, oh, but I'm saying like if someone complained all the time, yes, and I met, but like that's we know she's doing that at all people. She's just bringing people along on her pregnancy, which is her platform. By the way, if she didn't, that would be weird. And I think it's I I always assumed that maybe that happened if you already had die, like I didn't know much about it, but like she's showing people that, like anybody can get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: Awareness Yeah, yeah, So I think it's great that she's sharing all of that stuff. And I'd feel the same way. I'd be like, WHOA, what did I do wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I also like I couldn't lay down when I was pregnant with Legend. He was on some sort of nerve and I have scoliosis and rods in my back, so it was like a whole thing. And I remember every single night, oh for hours, I would have to walk the house until I had exhausted my body to the point where like it would lay down and just crash out to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But also I was like, Okay, the gift and pregnancy is that you know that there's an end to it and you get the biggest grand prize at the end. Yeah, so do we do what we do?
Speaker 1: That's right, Well, we get to end on a good news headline. Six year old boy with heart condition runs for touchdown after Panthers signed him to make football dreams come true. Asher Harvey's biggest dream came true when the Carolina Panthers signed him for one day, during which he scored his first touchdown in an NFL stadium. The six year old boy, who was born with a heart anomaly that will ultimately require a transplant, signed with the NFL team for just one day before being welcomed into the locker room by some of the biggest heroes, including Bryce Young and Kenny Pickett. Attending the quarterback meeting and scoring his first touchdown in an NFL stadium. Growing up as a Panthers fan, Asher immediately knew that he wanted to use his Make a Wish request to attend one of the team's games. Little did he know he was going to have the opportunity to put on his own helmet and gloves, lead the team through the tunnel and onto the field, and score the final touchdown.
Speaker 2: A fan fest.
Speaker 1: After the exciting moment, the team gathered on the field and cheered as linebacker Jalen Phillips lifted Asher up above the crowd to soak in the moment before he went on to an adorable victory dance on the field.
Speaker 2: Buddy, can you imagine?
Speaker 1: And that's where again I go, Okay, this sweet six year old little boy. You know how lucky we are to have our healthy kids, and every day I'm just like, please keep you know, our kids healthy. And the fact that you know, the sweet boy got to have a dream come true moment like that, and and the access to celebrities. Yes, right, So there's some good to all of it. There is no sweet man happy touchdown until next week until we'll see that's what's in the headlines. Just bracing for himpact over what I've said today headline episodes always do it to me.
Speaker 2: He love you, Creamer. Bye, girl Bye,