Speaker 1: There was a problem.
Speaker 2: We're taking It's Joe Ghatto and my friend Steve Burne, and we are the two cool moms.
Speaker 3: We are the two cool moms.
Speaker 1: But thank you so much for listening. Guys.
Speaker 2: We want to we want to dress something right at the top. We know there's a lot, there's a buzz, there's.
Speaker 1: A buzz swirling around about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, we got to set the record straight.
Speaker 1: We need to set it straight.
Speaker 2: Okay, Steve and I are not mothers, so uh, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: We both had two cool moms and decided to call it.
Speaker 4: This is an homage, an homage, no mom, no moms.
Speaker 1: That was the best thing you've ever said. Let's wrap this episode up. I want to end on the high note.
Speaker 4: I was bezancers. Thank you guys again for tuning in. Rate review, prescribe.
Speaker 1: Oh mom is so fantastic. Oh it's like watching your little kid ride a bike for the first time. I learned from you. Mom.
Speaker 2: Great, I'm good man, good good, good day. I'm excited about today.
Speaker 3: You raised a lot of money recently.
Speaker 1: I did raise a lot of money for some puppies.
Speaker 4: For some puppies. Now, can you walk me through it? What is the foundation and uh well.
Speaker 2: The Ghatto Pups and Friends is my is my mind and I work with this company. Animal Haven was great, great people. I got my favorite rescue out of there. Don't tell the others, but my girl Pascatti came out of there. Animal Haven's in New York City. They're fantastic organization and they have.
Speaker 1: A big gala.
Speaker 2: So I every year, I stormed the I stormed the stage to take over the paddle raised.
Speaker 1: I like to cause a little cast. That's part of any galla.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to like a fundraising kind of galla event or a fun thing where they have like you have to raise the paddles and people like im, Yeah, I'm sure who wants to get to But I found myself in New York being that guy, like a bunch. I go to a lot of charity events for dogs and whatnots. I'm actually doing it in a week. Was here for Daniel's Music Foundation, one of my favorite charities here in New York, and I just I stormed the castle. I get up there and I start making it, you know, making it fun.
Speaker 1: Because it's such a people get so monotonous about it.
Speaker 2: They actually have higher people like Southeby's auctioneers and stuff to do it, and I'm like, why, like you should have entertainers doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a little bit more like that.
Speaker 3: So because you get right to the nitty gritty, I get right to it.
Speaker 1: I get right to it and I have fun though.
Speaker 2: I mean, I make it a fun thing to give the money because they'll be like, do we have ten dollars?
Speaker 1: Yes, ten thousand dollars, thank you very much, to a full six three.
Speaker 2: I'm pointing and shooting air humping up there. I'm doing a cart wheel. I tried to take my jacket off. I was too fat.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get it off. I'm pointing, shot and I'm twisting, I'm turning. It's a good time. I think it's a lot of fun. So we raised some money.
Speaker 2: There was great helping dogs out, but Gatto Pups and Friends is now taking the next step up. It's funny. I wore the shirt on a different episode, didn't talk about it. But now we're actually doing adoptions, which is so much fun because we're actually finding we've actually like graduated to the next level, not just helping dogs in our home, but helping dogs find homes. That's been really fun. So do you need a dog?
Speaker 3: We've been through this.
Speaker 4: My dream is to get that Australian like shepherd dog.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I can't.
Speaker 2: Can I interest you in a blind Yorky because.
Speaker 1: I got him in spades?
Speaker 4: Well, my friends to Tree Hill. I don't know if you heard of this duo in New York City. They did one of the funniest sketches I've ever seen. There two guys. They make all these tunes and stuff. Follow them on TikTok whatever.
Speaker 1: They're too.
Speaker 3: Te Hill two Tree Hill.
Speaker 4: I met them in Carolina years ago, just really really creative guys. They did a video where one of them got like the contact lenses so his eyes looked blurred, and they did a sketch where it's like a dog, a dog's last days and the blind dog and it can't find the food. It's like going all over the place just dumping all it, running into walls and stuff. And it was just really really done in like a fun cute kind of way where the owner loved his dog.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna flip it. I thought it was gonna be really funny.
Speaker 2: And this is a funny idea for a sketch was if a dog adopted a.
Speaker 1: Blind human and it was like, this is my owner.
Speaker 2: He's explaining all the dogs at the dog parky, this.
Speaker 1: Is what I got. Yeah, you know, we took care of him. We want to give some good less days.
Speaker 3: So you you you have how many dogs you're up to right now?
Speaker 1: The number always fluctuates, but we always got a bunch that we're going through.
Speaker 4: See you and Gary Cannon another great comic out of LA. You guys would get along famously. I know you've been around each other, hung out, but he never really you never really likes.
Speaker 3: That's his big thing.
Speaker 1: Real piece of shit, huge Gary.
Speaker 3: But he loves.
Speaker 4: He's always doing things, uh in Los Angeles, in the area. He's constantly posting about dogs that need to be adopted before you know, in LA especially their overrun and so they're euthanizing these for sure dogs and he's like, please, somebody say.
Speaker 3: He makes it like a personal crusade.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, and I'll post Karen, he's a You've had some good times together me and Gary when we taped your special that's available on Amazon.
Speaker 4: That breaks on Prime Amazon Amazon Prime Amazon.
Speaker 1: I almost aid Amazon dipshit.
Speaker 4: That's how it's pronounced. You know how to pronounce Amazon Zone.
Speaker 2: I put dot com and Prime together. It came out amazone Prime Amazon Prime.
Speaker 1: Check it out the Last Late Night, The Last Late.
Speaker 4: By the way, I posted something recently. I've had people over the years. Obviously Sullivan's Sun was a show you were kind enough to repost. But somebody pointed out to me, you can request it on HBO Max because it's a Warner property. So Warner broke, Warner TV owns owns Sullivan and Son. And it's not available anywhere aap I month not available. You think it's a second Asian sitcom. It should be somewhere, so you could request it on HBO Max. There's a link on my Twitter.
Speaker 1: But you go to HBO in the description of this episode. Yeah, go down, click, roll down, click it.
Speaker 4: You just brightened Sullivan and Son as a request, and I heard through back channels it's possible they'll they'll if enough people ask for it, they'll out.
Speaker 3: And it's a Warner property, so why not they don't have to. I don't think they have.
Speaker 1: It was a funny show too, man, it was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't talk bad about it. No, I.
Speaker 1: Don't you dare talk bad about it?
Speaker 3: It is great.
Speaker 2: I yeah, you know, it's I was trying to find some stuff. It's so funny how easily you could find things too, because I was trying to think of something that I had seen when I was a child that I remembered watching on Showtime as a comedy special. And all I remember is that there was a guy in an apartment by himself when I had to get work done, but he kept distracting himself. It was a one man show, and I couldn't find it anywhere. I was like, I was like, what the hell was this? And I googled her and I was able to find it. And then I was thinking, I forget now I'd have to find it again.
Speaker 1: But it's amazing. I'll show it to you. Yeah, And I was like, I have to. I have to. Really.
Speaker 2: You have to realize the accessibility that we have is unbelievable. To find money out anything, and you can go right down rabbit holes of just watching.
Speaker 1: So I was watching.
Speaker 3: Somebody else has had the same exact thought exactly. You never find it.
Speaker 1: You've never had an original Google search? Do you know that?
Speaker 2: Do you know that you've never had an original Google search. You're never the first person.
Speaker 1: To google something, right, Think about that. But who is the somebody else?
Speaker 3: Right? Huh?
Speaker 4: I bet you could ask chat GPT who was the first, and it could find it for you.
Speaker 1: They probably could. You're right, Actually, yeah, that's the good use of it.
Speaker 3: Have you used it yet?
Speaker 1: No, you haven't used it.
Speaker 2: No, I can't religious fascinating religious recess.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you can't do it, the prophet says, No, I don't know. You liked it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean so oh yeah.
Speaker 2: We thoked about how the made the weird andly the weird Disney.
Speaker 3: People stuff too. It is amazing though, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I I'm trying to think like everybody's equating chat GPT. Do you remember, like whenever anything comes new, and this is the first thing partment my mind.
Speaker 1: My mother wouldn't get My mother wouldn't get a microwave. Really, I'm not. No, you're not gonna do You're not gonna make my house nuclear. That's my mother.
Speaker 2: That's what my mother is just saying, No, no, no, we reheat things though in the stove, in the oven with guess you're not going to make things nuclear, she said, And you know what turned it on her? What microwave popcorn? She loved microwave popcorn to the day she died. I think she died of radiation poisoning. But anyway, isn't that amazing? Like she she she thought when the microwave came out, she was like.
Speaker 3: No, well, remember cell phones, you're gonna fry your brain.
Speaker 1: Don't keeping pockets cancer?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, all of that. Yeah, never happened, isn't that.
Speaker 2: Did your mom have a spear of anything in the house. Any adjustment or your parents any adjustment to technology.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. No, I mean very slow to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: My dad used then adding machine for a long time. Really, you know, like one of those at the house. He had the roll of paper.
Speaker 4: My dad's like you, he's he's like an athlete. He can just crunch it over.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: The thing about my folks is that no no sense of home decor, no sense much like I said, Much like I said, I mean, I would think my mom would be the set designer. I mean, you'd walk in our house just like what is this? Doesn't none of it make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where does the decre car is there?
Speaker 4: I think they go to a showroom and be like, okay, this is your profector. Yeah, we'll just do that like Sears has the set, we'll do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But they bought everything, including the vase that's on the table.
Speaker 2: My mom used to They're like, oh, we're gonna get to you know, we'll get this bedroom set. Yeah, we'll take everything that they put in the store. They just took that store show set and put it in the room. And that's crazy.
Speaker 4: And the dining room did not match the living room like it did, none of it and a classic plastic wrapping on the furniture except when people come over.
Speaker 3: We never even use that room.
Speaker 1: My mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's this is something to make fun of me about. But my mom, I she collected precious moments. You know, those little little figuring figuringes.
Speaker 1: She collected them.
Speaker 2: My sister collected them, and my assist collected and it was the thing they were doing together. I got jealous and Mom was the personal moment.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I was like, Mom, I was like, I don't have anything to put in a curio cabinet. We had this big curio cabinet, which is just like a glass cabinet where you display all the precious moments.
Speaker 1: And my sister had a shelf, my others had a shelf. My mom had the.
Speaker 2: Top and I was like, I don't have anything in the carrio cabin. She's like, we'll find you something to get into. So I got the Chronicles of Christonia. Excuse me, the Chronicles of Christonia?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: So they basically like little trolls that are precious moments?
Speaker 3: Can I see this? Can I see this? If possible?
Speaker 2: Chronicles of Crystal to you, I am eleven, twelve of age where I shouldn't be worre it shouldn't be collecting Kristonians.
Speaker 1: K r y s.
Speaker 3: How were you even introduced to this?
Speaker 2: My mom found it because there was a local like Hallmark store, you know where I local store, and she was like looking for She's like, what do you have for fucking dumb twelve year old boys?
Speaker 1: Click that metal one the world of Crystonia.
Speaker 3: Go there.
Speaker 1: So this is what I was. These are my voice, Oh Joe, Yeah, I hadn't. I still have by the way, still have them. I should autograph them, and so.
Speaker 3: Joe, they are we need set deck, we.
Speaker 1: Need Chronicle of Christonias.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how much there were.
Speaker 1: That's the whole set on, that's the whole set. So they were like you know back in the day with twenty dollars each. I remember the pirate one, he was great.
Speaker 2: My favorite was this little dude on the bottom here, the little dragon fella.
Speaker 1: What are they called Chronicles of Christonia?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: That guy right down one in the middle there, Oh, I loved him.
Speaker 1: Well, yep, that guy who's favorite. They do look fun, they're fun, but they don't.
Speaker 2: They're not like they're like act your figures that are frozen. They're just little statues. And they each had their own little story that they came with, and then if you collected enough, you could mail in to get a key, which was a wooden key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they all had their own little stories. That's it.
Speaker 4: The chronicles of Crystal games surrounding it or purposes purposes only pollypocking in it.
Speaker 1: It's no that it's not Polly Pocket. It's yeah, there's no place set.
Speaker 2: It's precious moments with dragons like that's what it is. They all had a story like there'd be a mother dragon and a baby dragon like with the same sort of thing, like love comes from the mom things like that. That's crazy. So that was I and so to getting into home to court thing. I I designed my shelf and the carryo cabinet.
Speaker 1: I went and he.
Speaker 2: Felt from from from Michael's.
Speaker 1: I went and got felt. I got. I bought jewels.
Speaker 3: This is the most.
Speaker 1: I bought the jewels.
Speaker 2: That like you put in like a fish tank design like that, and I poured them amongst.
Speaker 1: Whatever. See little Joey I was having said, I was put.
Speaker 2: I made like little layers with like I put I wrapped in tinfoil, I wrapped shoe boxes and little boxes, and I make layers and whatnot a castle.
Speaker 1: My dad would just come home and watch me be like, hey dad, he'd be so disappointed. Winters themselves, winners friends. I don't know what he's like.
Speaker 2: Nobody's into collectible dragon, but you met get frugal.
Speaker 3: Here's his story.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm always learning, always learning, always learning. Most kids are and g I joe you got your he man.
Speaker 2: I'm Instonians, big bowie, big saving money, saving money to go to the Hallmark store to get a Christonian the Hallmark.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I can't remember the last time I even went to a Hallmark store.
Speaker 1: Probably needed a card.
Speaker 3: I can't remember last time.
Speaker 1: You don't send many cards. We don't hear help some people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, let's see here. This is coming us from Nicole. I believe this question is geared for you.
Speaker 1: You think so wise? It about Cristonians.
Speaker 3: Can you come to Vancouver?
Speaker 1: I did you missed it? I was there three months ago.
Speaker 3: By the way, this is literally every comedian. Every comedian says this.
Speaker 4: And I'm working on something that's gonna that's gonna solve this problem with my good friend Danny Frankel, but every comic you will get like I was just in Dallas. Yeah, I'll literally post, Hey, I'm going to Hawaiian next week when you come into Dallas.
Speaker 3: I was just in Dallas.
Speaker 1: How about this? I posted eight times, Hey I had something to do that night. I can't make it. I'm back to Austin.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Hey, I wanted to see you in Orlando, but I couldn't come come back to Orlando.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you had to You had to go where.
Speaker 3: You get the like you were just in Idaho? Can you come to Miami. It's like, what doesn't make it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: You don't like, you don't like Idaho. I would. I don't like him.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. But so you were just there, literally.
Speaker 1: Just in Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're at the end of actually this next week I'll be no, it'll probably last week, it depends when we air this, but I'm going up to Canada.
Speaker 1: So come see me in Canada or I hope you saw me in Canada.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you'll be back. Yeah you go. I'm all of what's a year? Yeah, okay, this is coming.
Speaker 4: Us from Joe. Joe asked, Hey, Mamadlf's you are my heroes.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I know you told us what your superpowers would be, but what would your comedic superpowers be?
Speaker 3: Keep on truck and a comedic superpower?
Speaker 1: I mine would be the power of pratfall for sure.
Speaker 3: That is your super That is my superpower? You have that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh I think that what she meant?
Speaker 2: What does she mean if I could have any supern comediclower, any superpower comedically?
Speaker 1: Well, you mean just be able to make anyone laugh?
Speaker 3: You have that.
Speaker 1: That's true, too, true too. I guess I'm perfect.
Speaker 4: You must be a hard it's got to be hard pressed for you, though obviously you have super fans. And then they bring their friends. Sometimes I think you could pick up on that, right, Yeah for sure. But when when you're doing that, like I always make it a mission. I'm like, I will I will break you. Yeah, I will break you. Do you have that or do you do you clock?
Speaker 1: I do I clock.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I see people are aren't having a good time, and I'll catch it and then it'll catch your rde. The worst was when I was on stage with people, because some of some of my friends would be hyper focused on that one person and actually would throw them off and I would have to talk to them out of it. I would like, stop looking at him, like I'd switch spots with people. If you ever a show where I switched spots with somebody, it's because they couldn't They had to get away from somebody in the crowd that they couldn't stop looking.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Because at our shows, you.
Speaker 2: Know there's four across and you playing to a smaller amount, right because in our show, in his stand up show, you've seen doing stand up, I'm a panther up there, I'm all over the place. But when we're doing you had your assigned spots, so you're playing to the forty people in front of you, right eighty people in front of you, so you're hyper focused. It's a way smaller crowd in this big theater and this big you know whatever it is, areno whatnot.
Speaker 1: And then you just watched them.
Speaker 2: And I remember when we played MSG, I was I saw a guy and his wife. I assumed it was his wife and then she was like losing it and he was just not not having it and he was just was like it and I was like ah, and I was building this whole backstory in my head is like he's probably worried about parking.
Speaker 1: They probably got in a fight where they were later what now, blah blah.
Speaker 2: And then finally I did something and he just went and that was enough of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boom, good night.
Speaker 4: My Favorites was because I think we're both very impulsive.
Speaker 3: We like a little chaos.
Speaker 4: There was one show we did we're usually when and this is the full disclosure. I mean, if you've been to one of Joe's shows and I happened to be on, everybody knows this. When you're finished, when you're finishing your show, it's kind of that's it, because you want to do the meet and greet and you want to get something to eat afterwards, because usually you don't even get to you order your dinner, you don't even get to eat it until the end. On a handful of occasions, I've had a few in me and I will come out storm the castle. I'll storm the castle. And there's been one or two times you're like no, and I'm like, okay, received walk right back out. But there was one time I came out and then you jumped in the crowd. Then I jumped in the crowd and we went left and right, and then I saw you going left and I was like, we'll go over here and I'll circle. And then you brought somebody on stage and I said fuck it, and I ran upstairs and I was in the top and we're doing crowd work.
Speaker 3: You're down here, I'm up there, and I was.
Speaker 1: There from the stage and you were in the balcony. That was awesome.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: That was That was one of my favorite, like crowd work moments of being on tour with you. Yeah, it was great, but again it's just I think you're you're clocking things.
Speaker 3: Oh he left, I was gonna I was gonna shit on him.
Speaker 4: I was like my made it super power to be to do a comedy show and cook at the same time. He left, you felt the comedy tastes funny end of July correct. Yeah, okay, so this is coming up from James. James simply says, can I make art for your podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, we love.
Speaker 3: And you've posted before. I think I posted.
Speaker 1: I just commissioned my first piece, by the way, do you really?
Speaker 2: I found somebody who made a pretty cool picture and of one of my dogs, and I was like, hey, could you make my two favorite dogs, Piscotti and Spemoni, And she made them like digital artwork of them cuddling on a couch with a heart pillow. She took my instruction. Well, I did a couple of visions and I have I'm haven't I'm gonna. I'm actually sent it out to get printed to put hanging my home.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty cool. I'm big I love because I'm not very art Are you artistic?
Speaker 1: Could you?
Speaker 4: I used to love to draw. That was like my when I was a kid. I would draw constantly. I love doodling, and I actually thought about it like as a profession, kind of like in high school.
Speaker 3: I dabbled illustrate.
Speaker 2: If I could have a talent, any talent, it would be to draw. It would be a draw, hands out over music or anything like that. I would I'd want to be able to draw.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who everybody should follow. There's a there's a great comic. He's new to the scene out of Chicago, Jason Siler. I believe him saying his last name right, s I E L E R. Jesseus Siler. He's done cover art for Mad magazine. He's done Man of the Year or Person of the Year for Time Magazine.
Speaker 3: I think two or three times.
Speaker 4: He's unbelievable, really compalented. And he just started doing comedy, but follow his artwork. He did the the artwork for the opening act where I had the caricatures of everybody.
Speaker 3: Was that poster?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I reached out to him just because I saw his work. And then he's like, I'm a big comedy fan. I'm like, would you do an opening act poster of all these people? And he did it within like two or three weeks. It's unbelievable and uncanny how he got everybody's But he could go realistic or he could do anything anything. He's painted everywhere. He's painted the Pope. He's really the pope. He did it's I mean, just go down the rabbit hole on his stuff. He's he's incredibly talented. Yeah, and you'll see the difference between like, oh wow, I sometimes you see something you're like, I could never do that. Like you look at his artwork, and there have been times he's posted stuff I'm like, oh, it's a cool picture. It's like, no, he painted it. Oh wow, that's painted it. Yeah, that's our art.
Speaker 1: Art's good.
Speaker 4: That way, you have anything on Jason or you can take a piki on on his stuff.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, Really that's crazy.
Speaker 3: There's the look at that.
Speaker 1: That's looks.
Speaker 2: That's why because that's yeah, because why the pope doesn't show up in photos?
Speaker 1: That's odd. Why they draw him.
Speaker 3: But he painted to look like a photos and he could do caricatures. He can do hyper realistic.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Yeah, put them up in the app We'll take so people say that's cool.
Speaker 3: And it's funny.
Speaker 4: I did his podcast and what he has all these other friends that are artists, and he asked them, all right, give me everybody do a rendition of Steve and so I had like fifteen different versions of me that he had sent me from all his art artist friends, and they were unbelievably talented.
Speaker 1: All their art friends are sent around and you were the amuse.
Speaker 3: I was their muse.
Speaker 1: You're amusing. They just sent around and did it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would want to like lay on like a sheet and like have some grapes in my lap and just be, you know, semi partially nude and just.
Speaker 1: Stopping six hours. What's stopping? Uh? We get set up, We get set a Patreon right now.
Speaker 4: I would love to do a podcast where you draw me during the podcast and then I draw.
Speaker 1: That's so fun.
Speaker 3: We share podcasts, right, we should all right, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: For the show Dinner Party, one of my favorite things I ever did was we actually had we challenge ourselves.
Speaker 1: We used to give each other a task during COVID. We had the show.
Speaker 2: It was my favorite or probably my favorite thing we've ever done together. It was called Dinner Party. Was a great show and it was uh salad giving us the test to do a self portrait over a week and we all did a self portrait of our sol and.
Speaker 1: We had to reveal it on the show each Other and it got and.
Speaker 2: It got rated by Marianna rovera really self fortrait.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and Mr self Fortunite was the worst Sal.
Speaker 2: But Sal was like guys seriously, tried to do it, try to do it, and mine came okay.
Speaker 3: I think it's what I like it.
Speaker 4: Sal is when he is committed to a task. He's very, very committed to a task he takes. He takes no matter how silly or mundane it is.
Speaker 1: He takes a sillier and more mundane. I feel like the more committed, more seriously he gets about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is okay. It's coming us from Brenda.
Speaker 4: My twelve year old son and I listened to the podcast when we take long drives from northern to southern California. He loves comedy, but obviously some content leans towards a bit too mature for him. Can you recommend any comics that are appropriate for tweens? Note I'm a gen ic, sure, so he's seen a lot of eighties movies, so in no way is he sheltered. Thanks te O's mom, Well, I would think Jim Gaffigan comes to mine for sure. Ryan Reagan Gabriel Iglesias comes to mind. Uh, those would be kind of my top three. Look, Sebastian Manascalco, Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Sebastian.
Speaker 3: Sebastian, Uh you could you could have him listen to that?
Speaker 4: Uh uh?
Speaker 3: What else do you think? Nate Nate Yep, absolutely, you could listen to Nate, Dusty Sleigh.
Speaker 1: Dusty is another one.
Speaker 3: Dusty's a great clean comic smarts. Greg Warren. Greg Warren comes to mind.
Speaker 1: I don't know Greg Warren.
Speaker 4: Uh, Greig's great guy out of the Midwest.
Speaker 1: I think I probably hang out in the Midwest, is really what we're saying. Stay away from the.
Speaker 3: Coasts, Stay away from the coast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't listen to uh yeah, but well, podcasts are tricky because podcasters.
Speaker 2: Are just basically known for just being where it's people talking. You're gonna talk about everything and anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you look at a straight up comic material, I think it's way way more easy searchable and won't slide into that Because when people know they're presenting their comedy, I think it has a different feel. I know for me personally, like when we're on here, like I say, a lot of stuff in here that wouldn't necessarily say on stage, but not not even that, I wouldn't say it, but I'm not thinking about it as much. It's just like, oh, I'm just gonna say, you know, this part or whatever or thing. So I think it's just as different things when it comes to podcast. But as far as that goes, yeah, I think for comedy, sticking them in west you'll be okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could even go you know, you could go back to the catalog like Richard Jenny comes to mind, Dana Carvey comes tomorrow, Tim Allen, Tim Allen old stuff and then look, I think it's funny. I was talking to a few comics the other night. Rodney Dangerfield, all his stuff still holds up.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is rapid fire.
Speaker 4: It's so so so funny.
Speaker 3: It's like gut busting the funny.
Speaker 4: Go down to a YouTube rabbit hole and type in Dangerfield and you'll see Dangerfield cracks up Carson on The Tonight Show. And what's crazy about when Danservield do those sets, he'd come out, he'd do an eight minute set. And this is the day and age when entertainment was communal. Everybody knew Dangerville Dangervielle comes up. His setups are getting you know, doctor Vinnie boombots. People are whooping and hollering, they can't wait to hear this run of jokes about the doctor. And then he does his you know, six minute set, and then he goes over and does another ten minutes on the couch, sweating drenched his sweat, and you watch him and he is just on a full clip, and you'll see the ebbs and flows of the set because he's doing it, and in the middle it'll go down and it's all I don't think people realize it's all orchestrated to be like a roller coaster. And then he'll come up out of the lull and end on a high and you see Carson just it bowling over in tears.
Speaker 3: In some of the clips. It's so funny. One of my favorites was he's like he was he took his girl. He's like, oh, this girl, she's ugly.
Speaker 4: She's ugly, but he took her fishing, and all the other guys on the dock are like, hey, Ronney, what bait did you use?
Speaker 3: Like you know, I'm butchering the joke, but it was like, my god, he's like my daughter.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say she gets around, but her senior picture she was horizontal.
Speaker 3: And they're just so you just wrap the fire. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I guess. I guess there is comedy to be found. I just be careful in podcast arenas. Yeah, I thought that this podcast more lean. I think that's what everybody tries to do annoyingly. So sometimes it's like, you know, we're gonna what are we gonna?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's funny, like you'll watch a podcast and people be having like a real conversation, and then the podcast host will just like try to push it back towards it's not they feel like it's not edgy enough. I get that show up sometimes on it.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 4: I've done recently a few of the podcasts that are big or whatever and and ours you sit there as a guest, and there have been a handful of cads where I'm like, do you need me here? Yeah, Like you're just like why even have me? Yeah, it's it's to me, that's like, it's odd.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I feel that way when I watch the late night TV late night talk. Not every not every interview. With some interviews, it's like, you know, people are tuning in also to watch the person that you brought on, Like I feel like sometimes that happens. But yeah, I mean that on a podcast it's tough. I mean, you're somebody, especially if you're going out of your way to come and be a guest on there, bring eyeballs to their things, come up on.
Speaker 3: The favorite by giving you the platform, which you appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is odd, but any any conversation you feel like you're not needed it podcasts are not being filmed or not sure you know.
Speaker 4: Just as like, uh, well, I'll tell you that. That's I think there's something to it now that I think about. I think there's something to this industry in particular, uh, the entertainment industry and being in Los Angeles because I think when you're.
Speaker 3: There you're kind of hyper aware.
Speaker 4: I think people are just I don't mean to be rude, but they're just a little more selfish. I remember I was talking to a friend I hadn't seen in two years. You know, i'd seen because I've moved to Nashville and just by the way the scheduling works, I hadn't seen this individual in two years at the comedy store.
Speaker 3: I walk up. I go, hey, how you doing? He goes killing it. I go, oh, good good.
Speaker 4: He's like, yeah, on tours so and so open and for so and so doing my own show at the Rock venue down the street, couldn't be better. And I'm just sitting there like, that's that's great, man, I'm really happy for you. And in the back of my head, I'm like, how are you, how are you doing? You fucking dipshit? Like can we not have a wheel c i'ven't even seen you in two years, and and I'm acknowledging that.
Speaker 3: He's like, all right, gotta go up. And it's just like, I think that.
Speaker 4: That microcosm of an interaction that is genuinely how it really is on a grand scale out there in that town. It does something to people, and it's it's it's kind of a shame.
Speaker 3: It bums me out. I forget.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like I had.
Speaker 2: That was something I had to be conscious of when people are like, oh, what's new with you, because.
Speaker 1: There's a time in my life where I.
Speaker 2: Was able to rattle off all these ridiculous, amazing things that are going on right it's like and then you feel like, oh, like I don't want to be like but people genuinely want to hear about it and whatnot. I think that was the best thing that happened with Jokers is that it was happening with my friends, so you didn't have to brag about.
Speaker 1: It to anybody.
Speaker 2: My friends living it with you, and I'll say that all the time, Like that is I think what kept us so grounded together was like, oh, nobody's had got big or anything, because we're all on the same ride as many fans as one person had, somebody else had, you know.
Speaker 1: It was never like that.
Speaker 2: We always supportive and try to help each other and whatnot, make people's sets better on the show, like give each other tags on the when we're doing our live show, say this instead it's fun, you're watch your timing here, things like that.
Speaker 1: It really was a cohesive unit.
Speaker 2: But I do think when I was talking to anybody that I hadn't seen, especially when I became in the public eye and I'd go out and I'd see people like and Grocer's are like, oh my god, how white and I had just come from playing Radio City Musical. It's like, yeah, good you know, from a soccer game. You know, it's it's hard to connect with people that way. So I was always very conscious of that, and I pride myself on trying to remember that, keep that human aspect, and I think that helps with getting famous older.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think there's a better perspective of right. But also like, you never want to complain to somebody who's I hate to say it, but like less successful, yep, because then it's like, oh my god, here I'm bitching about this and this guy's just trying to get like headlining weekends somewhere.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I said him.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he wanted to apologize. Okay, buddy, believe.
Speaker 3: Me, I've been there.
Speaker 2: Stop it, Stephen, Okay, there are five specials. Okay, dare you to dare you to tell me someone else.
Speaker 3: This is coming to us from. I don't even know how to say this. D new D know. I'm not gonna say the last name.
Speaker 1: Do you know who knew?
Speaker 3: Who? D?
Speaker 1: And e W Yeah, I told him about it. You know, he's always he's always guilty.
Speaker 2: He's always guilty, and they get pulled in after a scam after high to be like listen.
Speaker 4: D New, Hey too cool, moms, I have a lemma. I'm twenty one and just started calling. And a lot of my friends went straight out of high school and already graduated, So starting four years later, I just I'm telling them athlete the math on that I just finished my freshman year in psychology. My ultimate goal is to become a therapist or a psychologist. I am worried I should have stayed in trade like carpentry, so I won't be drowning the student loans, worried if I won't get paid as.
Speaker 3: Much as a skilled carpenter. Thanks for making me laugh.
Speaker 1: Regret seems to be d News overall thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he did a smart thing by taking that time to kind of there's you can get a degree at any age, and just life is a marathon. It's not a sprint. Your friends finished first, It's okay, and.
Speaker 3: You're just finished.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, you know what I mean? Like what they got their degree? Okay?
Speaker 3: Now what he didn't know? Yeah, I thought d knew he did about.
Speaker 2: Dnew there was going to be issues when you take the year. I talked to him, I was like, you know, this is gonna happen. And he's like, do you know, yeah, do you know?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean this is this is the way it works out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean I think that's the first problem is look at where you're looking at it, from looking at it from you missed out or they missed out. Right, you had those years where you weren't in college and living life. What are you trying to get to now? It looks like you're seeming like I mean, we always talk about this or recurring theme on here. You can't regret your journey in the way where you've ended up, because that'll just drive you insane. There's always so many different things you could have done better, worse, different, whatever to you.
Speaker 4: I think we were kind of late bloomers, right, I think what sorry, I was just my penis.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's going to stay in.
Speaker 1: This is just gets if you didn't ask me what it was.
Speaker 3: I want that it is, keep it in, keeping it.
Speaker 1: I didn't say my pants, You made me say my penis. It's like, do you know this is my penis?
Speaker 3: This finger so and that'll get cut out. But I.
Speaker 1: Nice to listening to two cool moms. I've been joke Gato, solid Rock, No, No, we got to talk.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, we we we've look.
Speaker 4: We've all had friends that I think when you're like twenty one, twenty two, they got married, they got kids, and you're watched it's like, shoot, maybe I should get married. Yeah, and I've been on the road. I catch up with those people like I got married way too young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kids, way too young.
Speaker 4: I'm glad I had kids later on life because I'm so much more mature. I have a better perspective of.
Speaker 3: At least my life, what's important.
Speaker 4: What I could relate to them in terms of like mapping things out and trying made You've.
Speaker 1: Made mistakes, you're more mistakes. I learned more.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, just chill, it's fine, it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree. You can't look at it from that way.
Speaker 2: So now now it seems like he's what he knew is battling is his path forward, right, So now the only thing you can do is make his best decision what he feels is best.
Speaker 1: There's no right answer to it.
Speaker 2: They could be pro and concert either way, getting a craft or not or whatnot. It's just really, okay, you're in your driver seat of your life where are you going?
Speaker 1: This is up to you?
Speaker 3: Right? He thought he knew, but now he knows.
Speaker 1: No, he knows got to change it.
Speaker 2: He knows if he doesn't change his us A handle the DNOS, I don't know what more.
Speaker 1: We could do for this person.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, Well we did it again.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 3: We keep we keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Week after a week, we keep doing it, and we keep doing.
Speaker 4: Nobody's nobody's ever said I need your advice, not once, not once.
Speaker 3: I am not qualified at all.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Peace out.
Speaker 3: These mommies love you, so show us some love.
Speaker 2: Please rate us and review us, follow us on all social media, and subscribe to our YouTube