Speaker 1: Hey, there are folks in this episode. Where do you even want to start carry Underwood's delay, baron Trump's heights, Jeff Bezos, Beyonce's seat, Milania's hat, the air kiss, the black preacher, billionaire's row, or you want to talk Trump's speech. Welcome to this episode of Amy and DJ, where we will start with at least this robes. Donald Trump is officially once again the president of the United States. He is number forty five and officially now number forty seven.
Speaker 2: And it was I would say, confidently the most entertaining inauguration I have ever personally witnessed.
Speaker 1: How about you, Well, we say it was unorthodox in a lot of ways, I guess, and part of that had to do with the fact that it had to be moved inside because of the weather, So that changes the mood. But when you talk about the cast of characters, you're talking about the president of Ultimate Fighting Championship, the UFC president Dana White is sitting right behind former President George W. Bush. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: So for me when I said it was entertaining, it look, depending on where you fall on your political beliefs and who you backed for president, it could be disturbing it could be empowering, it could be any of the above, but it wasn't boring. And it was like nothing I had ever seen before. And you and I, look, I have covered plenty of inaugurations. You and I were there eight years ago together reporting on the mall as President Trump was inaugurated in twenty seventeen, and that was a wildly different environment. I've just I've never seen a cast of characters put together. And yes, having it in an intimate, indoor setting made it more focused on perhaps that versus when you're looking outside. It's just there's a lot to take in. This was very concentrated, and the focus the lens was focused on a few and there were there were people in that room that you wouldn't normally see out of presidentialuration.
Speaker 1: More awkward too, because they had to be in such close quarters and so intimate. And he gave a speech that was not unifying. No, you could argue, but he he I don't say take shots, he said, he very strongly made clear that the people who were sitting to his left were you say, five seven feet if the current president and excuse me, no longer the current now the former president now Biden and Kamala Harris were sitting right there. It made just a It made it awkward, and it made it interesting. It was a human drama playing out. It was there were just so much to what we.
Speaker 2: Saw CNN, so we had all the networks up on varying screens. But CNN actually did the double screen where they had a camera or they took the camera of then President Biden and Vice President Harris reacting to some of what Trump was saying, which Shadow and I and you were like is that appropriate? And I was like, I don't know if it is, but I'm into it because I couldn't stop watching because you're wondering in your mind, what are they thinking? How are they processing this? As now President Trump is declaring this National Liberation Day. Watching Biden and Harris listening to Trump eviscerating their time in office, eviscerating their choices and applauding the records he sat beating them. I mean, that was just I had to sit there something I have never seen before.
Speaker 1: But a part of it, there is a there was an awkwardness to that. There was a graciousness there. I don't know, a different You don't want to be a sore loser. Also don't want to be a sore winner. And I guess presidents in the past there was no nod to the previous administration. I know this is some of this stuff is tough. Just to thank you for a tough campaign or good He never acknowledged those two other than to, like you say, a visceraate their record. But there was something too the beauty of and the pageantry is one thing, but just the beauty of a system that can allow people who just got beat in an election and the guy who beat them they have to sit there while he talks bad about their record, and they sit there graciously and they take it. And power has been transitioned.
Speaker 2: And that is part of what America makes America great.
Speaker 1: There's the beauty of that, no matter what you think about either party. That's just cool.
Speaker 2: It was I watched. We watched every second from start to finish, from when they were even arriving for tea, which didn't happen four years ago, which I kept wondering what that was like. In the White House where you saw Joe and Jill Biden welcome Milania and Donald Trump to the White House for tea. It was very cool to see them altogether, to see them ride to the Capitol together, that was something that I took in and it did give me. I guess it just relaxed my shoulders and made me think, Okay, like, no matter what, this is what is supposed to happen. And it makes you feel in that moment, proud to be an American that that can happen.
Speaker 1: But we've been so politically unsure, it feels like for so long, given what happened four years ago. It's just it's nice to see us getting back to routine, I guess, getting back into what we're doing.
Speaker 2: What we did this was routine. To see the uh what do they say that the Titans of Tech. They were in the third row, so I you know, to be able to watch Elon Musk react to what was happening, it was just it was bizarre. It was strange but interesting.
Speaker 1: Well it's it's I think, guess at this point we've come to expect that from Trump. We've seen this cast of characters I suppose of his, but to see them there on stage, like I said, Dana White, the UFC president has a as good of a seat as the former president of the United States and I guess who it last time it was, I guess it would have been Michelle Obama, who wasn't there again for the inauguration. She skipped as she did Carter's funeral. She would have been sitting between Barack Obama and Donald Trump at that funeral. So I was looking at Lauren Sanchez, the fiance of Jeff Bezos, sitting between that guy, and it was Zuckerberg, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was in between Mark Zuckerberg and her say yeah, and she put on quite the show. I mean, look, I just I kind of feel like I have to say, it was hard to miss her choice and outfits to watch the president get take his oath of office. It was a very beautiful white lace spraw underneath a tailored suit, and that was the only thing underneath her suit. And she was in a very prominent position. So, you know, to each their own, it's just a it was an interesting choice of alfus. So I was just curious if people would be commenting on.
Speaker 1: Of course they are. I wouldn't have gotten it if you hadn't pointed it out once I saw it. Okay, finally, but I don't know, I didn't notice it to just think anything of it. I don't know if I would have thought anything of it, and I've been watching with you, Okay, it's just I don't know. I do not know, But I just thought it was a cool seat of the between those two guys.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was a lot to look at, and a lot of those folks were all on display for all of us to see in a very concentrated way, in a way that I don't know how it would have been if they had all been outside. I know they would have been on the dais and so they would have had a prominent seat regardless, but this felt more I don't know, it felt more intimate. So it felt like the camera was pointed directly at that, like I think Baron Trump was said was at least the way the camera lens was right next to or near Elon, so the two of them, it was just constantly being able to see people's facial expressions reacting to what Trump was saying in his inaugural address, which was not like other inaugural addresses we've been used to hearing.
Speaker 1: But I guess we weren't surprised it was a speech we're used to hearing him. Yeah, I suppose He didn't say anything that anybody would say, Oh my goodness, Trump just went out of left field on it was very Trump. We was very Trump. But it was necessarily a inauguration speech, but it was it was more divisive that it was unifying. I think a lot of people will argue and I guess we haven't gotten to the speech necessarily. I guess what we'll jump out all the He announced he's going to have but one hundred plus executive orders. But among them, and he talked about these in the speech, birthright, citizenship, two genders, man and woman, that the federal government is not going to recognize, taking back the Panama Canal, and planning the flag on Mars Mars, in addition to changing the name of the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf.
Speaker 2: Of America, invoking the Alien Enemy Act of seventeen ninety eight. He got lots of standing ovations. I started first, I started to actually try to mark how many they were were and then truly they there became too many to count. When he said drill, baby, drill. Another standing oh, when he said he was going to end the new the Green New Deal, the electric car man date, you know, trying to herald oil workers Standing ovation, you can buy the car of your choice. The External Revenue Service talked about tariffs, another standing ovation. The two genders also got a standing ovation, backpay and full reinstatement for military members who refused the COVID vaccine Standing Ovation. Mount McKinley. He wants to change the name that Barack Obama. Barack Obama gave the highest Barack Obama. Yeah, Barama named the highest mountain in North America to Denali. He wants to he is, he says, going to change it back to Mount McKinley. Yeah. I mean, there was so many I was saved by God to make America great again. There were just a of nuggets.
Speaker 1: You blew right past that line, But that was a very prominent line in his speech, saying, in fact, he survived that assassination attempt because God wanted him to save this country. Not mincing words, I'm not putting words in his mouth. That is the context. That's everything you need. He said that, and that's a heck of a statement. I mean, he believes that. He believes that.
Speaker 2: If others believe that, they believe another thing. He said, I remember getting a standing ovation speaking to border wars and certainly involving the issue of immigration. He said, all cartels are now going to be named foreign terrorist organizations being put in that category. That got a standing ovation, a national emergency at our southern border, standing ovation.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: And he also made a nod to Mlkday. He said in his honor, we will make his dream come true. He didn't really go into details about how he would do that.
Speaker 1: Get a standing ovation on that one.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't mark as standing out on that one. It's not that it it may have happened. I started to try to just every time he made a comment that got a standing out, just put standing gos, standinghos. Yeah, and then it just got to be overwhelming.
Speaker 1: But it felt like a we said it during a stayed with the Union address, And I think that was only possible because it moved indoors. If this was outside, and obviously a big crowd of thousands and thousands wouldn't be able to be a you know, in unison with standing ovations, and they don't do them up on the podium, and yeah, it would have been different, and it allowed for it. And there was an overflow room of a couple thousand, I believe, but only about six hundred folks could get into that main room, and so it was the vip of the VIPs to get in there. So a lot of members of Congress and VIPs and governors and folks weren't able to get in there. So he was able to fill that room with people who love him, and it did. It felt like it felt like a home game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that room and he you know, it's We've seen him in different states, different moods, but today he was gonfident, he was measured, he was calm, and his demeanor, the way he presented the speech, he was very presidential. He's done this before, he knows what he's supposed to do. But as he was all of those things I just said, he listed all the superlatives that you've come to know, like just what that something that the US will become or be restored to. It was all going to be the best that there was or ever has been. And so yes, he was very trump like, but he was I think the word I thought of when I was listening to and was measured, And.
Speaker 1: That's not something folks are used to. You were saying, he's measured, and I think the way, yes, undred percent, the way he delivered the speech, his tone, at the tone, A lot of people will say the message wasn't very it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an important distinction. What he said wasn't necessarily measured, but how he said it was. Yes, that's a big difference between the two.
Speaker 1: No, he was slow and delivered and delivered the lines they were the way they were supposed to be delivered. I cannot believe we've been having this discussion this long because without mentioning something in particular, because it was the it was the reason when coverage first started that I think. I yelled at you in the other room to come look at the TV. I said, you've got to see what she's got on. Oh, I screwed. This was the one time I said, hey, come check out Malania.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you know you said she nailed it. And she did. She looked incredible, she looked powerful, she looked pulled together, she looked elegant, she looked the part. However, I couldn't see her eyes. Don't you always want to see someone's eyes to know what they're thinking.
Speaker 1: I kept asking you. I said that that was a choice that was deliberate and as we sit here, I'm still looking at the screen, you cannot just as she's sitting normally, you can't see her eyes. And that isn't I don't know, I I mean, she looks. It's incredible. The hat, the whole gap is incredible, and she always looks the part. She's a woman's got a great style. I just that had to be a choice. You can't see her face today, on this day of old days.
Speaker 2: And people are already commenting like, oh you so that you couldn't see her eyes rolling when her you know, and when Donnie said this or said that, Oh yeah, people are already going to town conjecturing why she chose that? And that was a choice to your point, yes, very elegant, but very mysterious. But isn't that kind of how and who she's been always been. There's always been mystery surrounding her, and.
Speaker 1: There might be nothing to the hat other than she loves it and it looks amazing.
Speaker 2: It did get in the way though, in one key moment that also has I'm sure will be a meme ever rewhere uh Trump going in for a kiss and ended up having to be an air kiss because I believe he'd kind of if you if you really watched the moment after he was it after or before he took his.
Speaker 1: Oath, it was before, it was before, it was when he first walked out.
Speaker 2: Okay, when he first walked out, he went to go give her a kiss, and the hat got on the way, so they ended up awkwardly air kissing, which was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: You pointed out to me. I said, huh uh, and we.
Speaker 2: Actually relounded and then you were wounded again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I looked at it. Ford. Yeah, he and he did it caught him in the forehead and to stop. But then later on he was able to come back after the speech and was able to give her a kiss, and that was.
Speaker 2: He sealed the deal.
Speaker 1: But it's just these little moments happened. It's just fascinating to see these characters in the same room. And you know, some of it was we saw the former presidents and vice presidents that they were walking into the ceremonies and we're like, wow, these guys got all quick, right, and I just stayed walking a little slower. They put on a few pounds, and it's just the ravages of time. It happened.
Speaker 2: I was like time is rarely anyone's friend after the age of fifty.
Speaker 1: So they're walking through pretty slowly and then pulling in the rear, coming in by himself. Barack Obama, what a strut.
Speaker 2: He he strutted in without his wife by his side. He just he was like, you know what I got this?
Speaker 1: He was moving. He looks good. But yes, once a Mishelle Obama wasn't. Wasn't at this one. Still no reason given, Maybe no reason has to be given.
Speaker 2: I don't even I don't know that we're going to get one. And that's okay.
Speaker 1: Maybe he wanted her to come and say, hey, it's just that's another work event of yours. Now let's give it.
Speaker 2: I did enjoy watching Elon fist pumping, though in moments like he was actually fist pumping. It was so crazy and how you you know, another moment for me, And there were a lot of them that we'll get to. But even like you mentioned how crowded or cramped it was, I mean it was it. We all saw when the US Naval Academy was coming in playing music, bumping like literally bumping into people as they came down the aisle, Like you could tell this was last minute we got we gotta change, and I don't was it Trump. It was Trump's inaugural team who decided to move it indoors because it ended up not being as cold as they thought it was gonna be. I mean, look, it was still windschill in the teens. But you know, we've run a half marathon in that so I mean it could have been outside.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it could have. I mean, you are on the side of safety, I suppose, And and part of it, I mean, given everything that's going on in this campaign season, the part of me was relieved it went inside. I was like, Okay, at least we don't have to worry about that or anything crazy going on security. Why so, And we're looking at the screen here and the farewells, right, Biden? Is this is it? This is the end of a career in public service. Today. It's over.
Speaker 2: Many people have pointed out, it's not just him leaving the Oval Office or the White House, it's him leaving his entire political career, which has spanned five decades. And he's seen a lot. He's lived through a lot of trauma and tragedy and a lot of triumph. But this is not the way he wanted to leave, because this is Yeah, there's a sadness to his departure in the sense that he didn't get to even run against the opponent he wanted to run against, and so he obviously ceded that to Vice President Harris. So there is a different feel to that, like, you know, unfinished business, maybe even for him where he feels you almost feel like you can see the regret that he didn't go for it.
Speaker 1: But it's not like you're leaving because you lost the campaign. You didn't even get a chance you two run.
Speaker 2: That camp about out because of political pressure and your age, given all your experience and all of your service. But you know what you asked me, where I would go if I were leaving after all of those years of service and all of that public spotlight and all of that scrutiny and all of the noise. I mean, I cannot even imagine. We've had a taste of it in the spotlight, taste a drop in the bucket. To have a life like that, where people expect you to do things a certain way, you can't help but disappoint people or upset people. You just it's a divisive thing to do, to be a leader of a country with so many different opinions, and to finally say goodbye to that all. Yeah, I'd go to Fiji.
Speaker 1: That makes a lot of sense, get away, But my thought was to go to Atlanta, to go to Memphis, to go to places that are familiar to me, like I want to be surrounded by like home and things I missed, and I want to be in a familiar kitchen and I want to cook that night, right.
Speaker 2: You're finne. I want to be surrounded by nature and away from every other living, breathing person other than perhaps you.
Speaker 1: Perhaps I'm kidding with Key, But we watched this now, and look, this is a new era. I think a lot of as we we just watched him get on the plane here as we're recording this. But you know what, he's going out now with another question about legacy with the you'll hear plenty about it, but one of his I think in the final certainly moments, but even minutes of his presidency, he issued some preemptive pardons for members of his family, and a lot of people are looking at that and going again, just so once again, on what the hell like you're It's not even like you're forgiving someone for what they did. You're just making sure they aren't able to be touched later. And I know it's a political back and forth. You'd worry about your family members, maybe the someone from the other party coming after them. But it's just that left a bad taste in people's mouth. The way he left office today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean even pardoning Anthony Fauci, pardoning members of the January sixth committees, you know, just preemptively, but making a point and making a statement certainly with those preemptive pardons that perhaps weren't necessary, but he thought they could be. And that says a lot in another.
Speaker 1: And now the issue whole new can of worms has been opened with the pardons. Wow, because now they've pardoned for any crime. Now nothing stops them. They can't plead the Fifth Amendment. If Congress now wants to subpoena any of them about anything, you can't say because it might incriminate me because you have protection, so you have to testify. Now, So whole new can of worms. But you know, it's politics, So a little politic in on this.
Speaker 2: Last day, A lot of politician on this last day and on this first day, for sure. But there was also some whoopsies that were taking place, at least that made some the inauguration ceremony even more interesting.
Speaker 1: One in particular, Okay, we were waiting. This was a big deal. Carrie Underwood was supposed to perform. Yes, right, and it was a big deal ahead of time because she got a lot of.
Speaker 2: She got a lot of backlash for people who said they were angry, at worst, disappointed perhaps at best, that she accepted the offer to perform America the Beautiful at the inauguration. She put out a statement saying, it's an honor and if this is about unifying the country, this is about celebrating a peaceful transfer of power, and to that point, I can accept her like putting politics aside. She's never publicly said who she supported either way, and if she had, that's her right as well as an American like that's the thing as an American performer. A lot of people get upset, Funny enough, when actors or people who are paid entertainers wig in politically on things, somehow, thinking they're swaying the vote or at least persuading their followers or their fans to vote a certain way. She didn't do any of that she just accepted the offer to sing, and so yeah, a lot of people were waiting for it. Some people were really excited, some people were a little annoyed. Whatever, But she was supposed to sing right before President Trump took the oath of office.
Speaker 1: And you knew the schedule well, and apparently it seemed a lot of people knew the schedule.
Speaker 2: Well, well, it was actually people were even posting online the official program that clearly showed she was singing before President Trump took the other So.
Speaker 1: She didn't show up. Uh oh he and we move on. He makes the speech and a lot of people wondering, well, maybe she just got bumped for time, maybe she's going to be moved to a later time. And sure enough, yes, he got done speaking. Here she comes finally comes out. A lot of people sigh relief, a lot of people looking forward to hearing her. She takes her position, microphone in hand. Her position is what on the stage stage?
Speaker 2: It's stage right.
Speaker 1: He's right, okay, in front of Biden and Kamala Harris essentially right right in that section has the mic places quiet.
Speaker 2: You could hear a pin drop, right, that's what they say.
Speaker 1: Wait for the music.
Speaker 2: Deafening silence, waiting for the music, and we wait, and we're waiting.
Speaker 1: We wait some more.
Speaker 2: And then it starts to play, but then it quickly turns off. Then we wait some more, and then we waited a little bit more, and then we wait some more, and then it got like like really awkward.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, anyone, anyone who is a broadcaster or who has ever been a part of a public presentation of any kind, Silence is your enemy.
Speaker 2: It's the worst. One second can feel like one minute, and so how long do we even have?
Speaker 1: I don't know how to give It felt.
Speaker 2: Like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: It was sold and awful.
Speaker 2: You were yelling at the at the TV, going just sing, just sing, And I look like I've never sung in any sort of uh forum like that, but I've certainly sung publicly plenty of times. And when you're waiting for your music your accompaniment there oftentimes is a little bit of a delay, which is and she's used to that like that happens a lot, right, but this was extraordinary.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to put a put an estimate on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, was it felt like forever? And I did so.
Speaker 1: She was smiling, smiling, awkwardly.
Speaker 2: Everybody was smiling except for Trump. Did you see Trump's face? He was a little peeved. You could tell he was, yeah, but he was not getting any amusement out of the fact that there was an awkward silence and somebody messed up the audience.
Speaker 1: You know, it did, okay, And we've seen some things like this here and there and whatever. You go to theater, you go to a show's whatever. Okay, there are moments. This was beyond those awkward moments you've seen. This went so long. It was awful for everybody in the room.
Speaker 2: It was I think it was. This was one of the most, if not the most awkward waiting for someone to sing moment I've ever seen. In my wife anyway, So you know, and I have to give her such credit because yes, she's an amazing singer. She's done a million concerts. She is, she knows what she's doing, She's paid to do this, and yet to have to sing a cappella without a pitch pipe. Look, I'm sure she's practiced this a million times. But you count on your music not only just for the sound of it, but to get you on the right note and to set you on the right path. If you start a little too high or a little too low, you are screwed, except for she has a range like most people do, not so she but she nailed it.
Speaker 1: We know.
Speaker 2: But even if you can sing, when you're under that much pressure, you don't have your music. The world is waiting. She could have cracked.
Speaker 1: This is why you win American Idol and one of the biggest stars.
Speaker 2: Like do you remember even when Beyonce sang at Obama's inauguration she lip synced it because she was so nervous about messing it up, and everyone gave her so much hate and so much crap for it. I mean, there's just even if you are the world's best singer, it is so much pressure.
Speaker 1: And she did this unexpectedly seeing at the most watched of to one of the most watched that we'll have of the year.
Speaker 2: She was supposed to have an accompaniment from like I saw it was like this band in that band, like and she was on her own. She did say, and I thought it was pretty cool. She was like, everyone sing with me, and I think that gave that probably gave her the confidence like, Okay, I'm not in this alone. That is excruciating.
Speaker 1: And you said immediately after any of the negativity and hate, this was the best outcome today was to get bumped and for this awkward moment to happen and her to deliver in that big moment. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: She came off as the consummate professional, and she showed what she can do under pressure. She showed what she was made of. And you know, I have to think all of those negative comments and people saying what they said are it's hard to completely eliminate that noise. But when everything was hitting the fan and she was like, what do I do? All of that uncertainty, all of those just all the controversy, I was thinking that that would all get in your head in that moment, and she didn't let it and she delivered. And I was really impressed with her, like super super impressed with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was always been a fan, but today it went in a moment like that, when you step up in the biggest moment and she did it, you have to you just she just on the spot, not just at some local party or local underground club on the biggest day. I thought impressive her. Another highlight was watching some of the reactions. I think I didn't see all of them, didn't watch them all that closely the whole time. But I think Hillary Clinton was the most demonstrative when it came to her reaction to things that she heard from Trump's speech. She wasn't that shy about her reaction, so that was.
Speaker 2: Kind of she was shaking her head. She was shaking her head. And I don't know because the camera wasn't close enough, but I thought I saw a couple eye rolls.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they were in there. That was kind of fun to watch. Again. Barack Obama, it's times I saw him with his arms folded.
Speaker 2: Oh the body language of I guess at that point he was former President Biden and former VP Harris. She was almost like slouched in her chair, you know they I mean, look, that is tough to hear some of the things he said. I don't want to say indirectly, but they were directly pointed at them without naming them. And that's that's a tough thing to sit through or to hear in the privacy of your own home, let alone knowing all the cameras are trained straight on you, and in fact, CNN has a side camera devoted solely to your reaction. That's and they know it, and they knew it, and they're right there in the front.
Speaker 1: And they handle it well, they handle it professionally. And now here we are, we're off and running on the next presidency.
Speaker 2: And look, I mean, do you want to discuss So you walked away. You walked away when it seemed like things were over and the benedictions were taking place, and we had talked on the morning ron our Daily podcast about how you know, it sounded like the beginning of a joke. You have a rabbi, a pastor, and a priest walk into a bar. Now they ended, or at least they gave the benediction for the inaugural ceremony event, and there was an unexpected highlight. Oh, the Reverend Lorenzo School. If you didn't know him before, I think you probably might know him now, or at least if you go online. I haven't really fully checked out what the reaction has been. I know you've done a little bit, but let's just say he made a statement. It was quite the show. In fact, that for me was one of the highlights, and a very unexpected last minute highlights.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know the brother at all, don't know anything about him, so I am not. And look he was. He was entertaining, he was passionate. He was as passionate and loud, and yeah, you could argue performative in what he did. And that's okay.
Speaker 2: He had everybody, you know, what he did everybody that I could see who some of them had had scowls or concerned looks, like we're all smiles, all smiles. Oh yeah, he everybody. I feel like he almost got high fives as he was walking out, like he was getting hugs. He was getting like, way to go. He brought up the beat, the emotion, the excitement. He rallied the crowd with Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yes he did. And look, there's a debate online and you go check it out because I don't want to get into it here because I don't know what a brother. I just don't know the brother. But that's just a debate online and it's kind of split along racial lines if you argue, and one size is very appreciative and celebrating the performance they saw in the prayer they saw at that time, and the other side and mainly black folks who view it a different way, and it came off to folks in the black community who come up in black churches. It came off in a different way, so you could get into that debate that I do not want to touch. I just don't know a brother, That's all I'm saying. I just don't know what a brother.
Speaker 2: Well, he put a smile on my face.
Speaker 1: A lot we saw today put a smile on our face and look left right, It doesn't matter independent, whatever you are out there, This is this is sometimes just a beautiful thing to watch in this country. Just how we do this thing, and you see so many other countries and how they struggle in their politics. Just it's beautiful. This is one of the most beautiful things about this country is to watch this ceremony every four years. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think you know a lot of folks are buckling up for not even what the next four years are going to be like, but what the next four hours are going to be like, for the next four days are going to be like. I mean, this is truly like nothing we've ever seen before. And this President Trump seems very different than the first President Trump we saw.
Speaker 1: It almost seems like he knows what he's doing now. Right, He was doing some all on the job training. Last time around, he wasn't a politician. Now he knows the halls of Congress a little bit, He knows how the system and the process works a little bit more he does. He has a different level of confidence, and he's coming in with that confidence and the stamp from the American people who put him in overwhelmingly.
Speaker 2: And as we talked about earlier, he has taken credit, whether you believe it's do or not, for negotiating Middle East peace and TikTok. So uh yeah, I think he feels pretty confident that he's off to a good start and has created some goodwill from and for a lot of people. But there are going to be a lot of folks who, you know, I've already seen it in some of my circles and people reacting to especially the two gender comment he made about male and female that is going to you know, I think that, I mean, that is a very serious line in the sand that he drew. That I think a lot of folks who in that community were excited about where we were going as a country, that we were becoming more accepting, that we were understanding that just because people are different than us doesn't mean that they don't have rights and shouldn't be recognized and maybe we yes, there are things that can be done to feel more inclusive, and that feels like for a lot of that community that that all may have just been wiped away in one sentence in that an aurorall address, or at least they're fearful of what that executive order actually is will be, how it would be enforced, what it means for just even you know, non gender bathrooms or just all of the things that so many folks, underrepresented people have been fighting for might be lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sorry, we didn't talk about that. We said what he said. We didn't hit on that and talk about that a lot early on. But the federal government, he said, moving forward, this day forward, is only going to recognize two genders. That's male and that's female. And that's it, period, point blank. That's the end of it, is what he's saying. And that's just it. To have it in that, it's some one thing. If he were just signed it, it's another thing. If he would have talked about it later or brought it up later to use this platform to put it on this speech, man, it elevated it in a way that just.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's my heart goes out to people who are not only in that category, but the families of people who love their children, their parents, their sisters, their brothers, who are all in that place and now feel completely not just unsupported and unrecognized, but perhaps demonied or vilified or yeah, I just or ostracized at the very least.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, I know that that is something I saw from some of you know, we all have chat groups, and that was a big concern from a lot of people, and understandably so hearing his speech, so yes, it was Look, it was not a unifying speech.
Speaker 2: We made that very clear. But he is staying true to what he said he was going to do on the campaign trail, what he said he wanted to put into place at all of those campaign rallies, and America voted him overwhelmingly into office, and so four years from now, Americans have a chance to vote whomever they want into office as well. But you were even saying he's probably gonna find a way to do away with term limits. I mean, who knows, Like, I mean, really, at this point, when you are talking about the Gulf of America and the Panama Canal being reclaimed in US, annexing Greenland in Canada. Like, at this point, I feel like anything's possible. Inousness, it's not like you kind of say it with a laugh, but it actually shouldn't have any sort of like humor associated with it, because these are all things that he has said he wants to do.
Speaker 1: How many times have you heard me say in the past month or two he just cannot stop winning. I mean, he just keeps on in court. He had four cases down to zero done over, forget about one. Give me that sixteen million won the election. He's winning. The hostage are out, hostages are out.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's suing CBS, TikTok it just.
Speaker 1: You cannot I don't know whatever you think. He has win after win after when that he's stacking up. So you tell me, Pennlacanel, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't be either. And and look this is you know, this is going to be the next four years, and we'll have a lot to talk about, babe, to talk about.
Speaker 1: All right, well, folks, and enjoy the rest of the festivities. The balls inauguration.
Speaker 2: What the balls are tonight? What the inaugural balls?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, how many.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to say just girls, but some of us girls get very excited about looking at all of the fashion.
Speaker 1: No no, no, I do too, So, folks, we appreciate you listening. As always. For now, I'm TJ.
Speaker 2: Hol and I'm Amy Roeboch. Have a great day, everyone, and please remember to run with us each and every morning Monday through Friday on Morning Run