Speaker 1: And now you're made event introducing the hosts Wrestling with Freddy, Jeff died hand fready, Prince Tunor.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to a brand new episode of Wrestling with Friends Wrestling with Freddy. Here is your news of the week. Those were crickets because nothing new happened. It was all on the screen and now here is the show.
Speaker 3: Those crickets kind of sounded like it was scanning for news, like it was like loading, you know, like searching for news, searching for news.
Speaker 2: Someone did something stupid. Come on, it was a big week in wrestling, not a big week WWE wise, they didn't they didn't give us much content this week, but uh aew certainly did that, said sir, we always start with w w E raw, but before we get into it, how are you man? How is life? How is the road?
Speaker 3: I feel like good. I went to I was in Florida this week, and I normally wouldn't bring it up, but I got to go diving with like one of those big tanks on my back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, scubaud once, Sarah's like pro ad it. I went once with Sarah.
Speaker 3: Dude. It's stressful. The part to like remember to breathe or you'll die kind of thing. That part was stressful, but it was awesome, like being down there with all the fish and hanging out.
Speaker 2: That part I liked. It feels like you need a passport just to like go. It's such a foreign world. I g I said, I've only done it once. Sarah's like she did to dive in the grape bearrier reef and off Australia back when we did Scooby Doo.
Speaker 3: I was nervous. Yeah, I was bite because you think because if you breath through your nose, you die, but you can breathe through your mouth. For as long as you breathe through your mouth, you can stay down there for hours. And I'm just going. I was biting any thing like a pit bull, just going. I know, if I let go of this, I'm gonna die. So like I just was kept breathing in and out. I kept trying not to panic. Keep in mind, I'm only twenty feet down there, so if all goes hop, my ears or whatever. But it was stressful down there.
Speaker 2: We'll speaking of things that could kill you. Rhea Ripley is officially named the new WWE Women's World Champion and she would beat your ass. Bro? What did you think of the new belt, sir?
Speaker 3: I like that they're doing. It's the exact same belt as the boys, except now they have like a white leather behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm digging the black. I'm digging the black jewels or whatever those are that are in it. I didn't think I was, but every single week I love it. On Seth Rowlin's belt, I love the way his belt looks, and I thought I hated it when I first saw it.
Speaker 3: But don't you think that is that what they're trying to do? Is this another move to be like, no, they're just like the men's belts. Women are no different than the men. Is that? Do you think that's what they're trying to do.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, because again you and I have both said this in these days, the wrestler makes the belt, right. I think it's just to match Rhea Ripley's look with the black lipstick and the this and the that, and the seth Rawlins rocks the black all the time. Roman Reigns wears the black all the time. I just think it looks cooler with their with their style. I just I think the wrestler makes the belt and maybe their looks inspired at this time. I don't think if that's true, the company would ever admit that. But yeah, man, I'm I'm digging the belt.
Speaker 3: The only reason I'm asking is because if this is the new thing to have, like the women's belts match the men's belts and the only difference is that the women have the white leather, that means we'll have to say goodbye to what they started to do in the nineties, where like, you know, you'd see like Razor Ramon had the Intercondo belt, but he made it a yellow leather behind it, or you saw Dolph Ziggler had a white behind his for his Yeah, I like it when they do those little different things like that instead of just the plates. I've never been a fan of the plates that have the like I don't like it when there was like the broken skull.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hated the spinner belt. I hate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I kind of like it, though. I'm down with when you just make it kind of your own in a small, nice way. I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: There wasn't a lot of professional wrestling to watch on Monday Night Raw, though Damien Priest and Matt Riddle was a pretty sweet match. Damian Priest is my pick to win money in the bank. What do you know about that? What do you know about Damian Priest as winner of money in the bank. I do buying it.
Speaker 3: I do love him. I think he's great. I think you've you do this. You've got a good track record of bringing me over to your side of the argument on all these wrestlers. I find myself always agree with you. He's getting a huge push. I could see it happening, for sure. It seems like each month where there's more, Damien Priest becomes a bigger face in this scene for sure, although dafeating Matt Riddle isn't like a huge deal. Matt Riddle's been back for what two months.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they booked him against Priest where he would have to lose because he does so much crazy, crazy stuff.
Speaker 3: He might still be in Vince's probation area.
Speaker 2: He might be in Vince jail. Yeah, he might be, because otherwise I would put him. I'd find a way to get him in money in the bank in a heartbeat, unless he did something that missed him up. Well, who's your pick to win money?
Speaker 3: In the bank, La Knight, Right, That's why I hope wins. Yeah, yeah, La Night, because I just don't understand why he's not getting the push that we thought. He started to get a while confused.
Speaker 4: When you when you get yourself over, when you get yourself over, the entire creative team should be rushing to you as soon as your promo's over and saying, let's sit and talk and figure out a story.
Speaker 2: And for whatever reason, they just refuse to give him a legit story. And he's getting bigger pops than ninety five percent of the roster, whether he's supposed to be the good guy or the bad guy, makes no say no one. The crowd loves him, and I don't get why he's not in a significant story. They've proven they can tell significant stories, and at the at the high level that AEW has done with like Max and See Him Punk right, like Bloodline story you could argue was better than that because of its longevity alone, And I might even agree with you, But to have nothing for my dude, it's crazy, Dude, his body's so there's two rules on the mic.
Speaker 3: There's two rules in Vince's world. Get jacked and get over and he's done both and it's still not it makes no sense, but who knows not I.
Speaker 2: Don't get it's it's it's crazy, Like I'll say, this is the one criticism I could say. When he did commentary, it wasn't the best, right, Like it wasn't. His promos are superior to his match commentary when he was like the guest commentator. But it's like I'm picking. I'm looking and trying to find somewhere. They go like, well, maybe Vince saw the commentary and I was like, ah, you can't do that. Then he's out, like I don't understand. I'm like, he can wrestle. He sells.
Speaker 5: They love it when you sell, and he sells big for small guys like he sells man, and they're just like, I got nothing for you this week. My mom My mom is like this. My mom's a lot like Vince McMahon. My mom will be like, I don't like Jack Nicholson, and I'm like why, he's an amazing actor, he's great. I just don't and I go, okay, mom will defend your position. Guys just don't like them. I just don't like them, and she can't give you any reasons. She won't give you any good You could give her twenty good arguments. It's just in her brain. I don't like that guy, and I think that that might be La Knight with Vince, although he is still in WB so maybe a Vince really didn't like him, he wouldn't be there.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I don't know. That's what everyone says. I don't know. No one can figure out how this guy's not getting pushed to the mood. Would you like to move on to AEW or did raw compel you? Well?
Speaker 3: I thought it was interesting, the chad Gable the chad Gable match.
Speaker 2: I liked.
Speaker 3: It was short, sweet chad Gable. They had two gimmicky things in there, which I will later talk about that. I like the Vikarators versus.
Speaker 2: Shoosh Team Shosh Team Shosh. All right, aaw dynamite. I told you last week I was really worried about the MJF Adam Cole. Let's give this match for free, and I said, you know they're gonna The only way they can save it is to find a creative way out of the match, and the bad version is a double count out right. But it's a great match. Well, they did what I felt was the best version possible of getting out of this match. They made me totally forget about what I'm about to say because I never see it. The last time I can think of it was Rick Flair and magnum Ta and it was like, you can't last fifteen minutes with me, I'll bet you ten grand and magnum Ta was like the humble guy and he was like, well, I don't have ten grand, but I can bet you whatever it was that he bet, and then it went to a draw, but he lasted the amount of time. I feel like that's how that story went. And so Adam Cole gets a match against Maxwell Jacob Friedman, the AEW World Champion, undisputed world champion, I might add, and if he wins this match, he gets a shot at that title, the legit title, the AW title. I'm gonna keep saying that throughout this podcast, and you can tune in Thursday to find out why burn. If Adam Cole wins, he gets a shot at the title, and it's a thirty minute time limit, which I completely disregard every time they say because it's like an old school term and who cares well They cared and they tricked me so nice. First of all, these guys had an awesome match. MJF started off like tributing every old school wrestler from Ravishing, Rick Rude to Rick Flair to the Macho man. I used doing all this old school stuff. I thought it was awesome. And then we get to the end of this match and Adam cole finally hits his finisher and he kicks you right in the back of the head with his knee pad slid down, so baba riding his head. Boom. M JF goes down, what dude, ding ding ding ding ding? What the thirty minute time limit? And I'm sitting there going to what And my son goes, Dad, what happened? And I was like, oh my god, he ran out of time. And my son goes, that's a bunch of crap rock.
Speaker 4: He was mad.
Speaker 2: He was. And then Adam Coleyan's this great moment on the mic where he looks MJF in the face and he's like, give me five more minutes, and the crowd's like, yeah, I have at five more minutes, and Max is like, you want five more minutes? He's not saying this. This is is what his face looks like, you want five more minutes? And Adam calls your damn right, I want five? You want five? Your damn right, you're not getting it. Good? Goods good, and he just scooted out the ring in the crowd, dude like crazy. And this is how the show started. Man, it started with this and I loved it. Dude, you loved this match. I know you did.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll tell you what. I loved the match. Sure. I hate the finish. It was such trash. Whoever pitched this should be fired. You like a time time limit, Like we're getting so lazy on how we could make the match without being a clean finish or still building up to a store a time limit.
Speaker 2: I loved it. It was such a middle finger. How did you hate it? You love middle fingers, you have to love the middle.
Speaker 3: Due, but it felt like a middle finger to me. And I hate that.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 3: I just like what I'm sitting there. I'm into it. I'm like, oh, man, we're starting it off with MJF and Adam Cole. Hell yeah, like way to go strong out the gates, which we like.
Speaker 2: Then they kicked you right in the balls.
Speaker 3: They were starting strong, so I was loving this, and then to just do the time thing pissed me off. I know exactly why they did it and whatever, so so good on them, but I was I felt blindsided and I was a little I was very very annoyed about that. I got mad. I was like Rocky, I was like, that's a bunch of crap. I do love both of them, a good build, I'm fine with it, but just I didn't like being tricked and like you said, the way you just disregarded it. When they said that, I go, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's just like some referee mumbo jumbo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm like, yeah, I don't need to hear that crap. I know, I know you got a time who cares falls count?
Speaker 3: Anyway, We're like, we know, we know, we know they don't go through all.
Speaker 2: It all right? Once again, I will say I've been proven wrong. We had an eight man tag match, which I should hate, and I'm not saying I love the match, but I watched it, and I watched it because of two men. One Swerve Strickland. We all know him, we all love him. I wish I could rap as good as him. I can't really wrap I think in my heart and soul. I was a rapper, but I never had any skill or talent for it, so I get jealous when people can rhyme. And the other person is mister freshly Squeezed, who I shall now refer to forevermore as the squosen one, like Anakin Skywalker, but even better because he's been s closed, mister Orange Cassidy teaming with Keith Lee, Darby Allen, and Sting. Swerve was with Brian Cage, and I now know who Orange Cassidy is, and he was awesome. Keith Lee was bouncing fools left and right when he would get in the ring, which is really cool, and I like Keith Lee. But this the show got stolen by Orange Cassidy and Swerve. That's been the story for these two guys against each other. These two guys are really really good wrestlers, tell really good stories in the ring, and I enjoyed the match. Again, I don't like three man tags, so four man tags are a tough sell. But I get it. They're got They're getting everyone working that night, They're getting everybody a little bit of shine, and you can maintain the Swerve and Orange story, which I think is an important one in professional wrest.
Speaker 3: I know you love Orange Cassidy. I just none of this did anything for me, really, if I'm honest, like I've got nothing to really comment on it. I'm not like, I don't get what they're doing with Darby Allen and Sting. It feels like they're just is this just forever going to be the thing within those two together doing boring like great matches and the boring storytelling. Keith Lee, you know, is awesome. The newest thing he's done is like, now I've got gray hair. So I just I just don't know. None of this really did much for me.
Speaker 2: What's your problem with gray hair? You son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: No problem, But that's if that's all you're doing different, you know it's not much different.
Speaker 2: Well that's all I got going.
Speaker 3: No, you're making movies, you're doing cast, playing games, living the life. You're not just going, hey, Jeff, I haven't seen you in ten years. Look I'm gray bearded now. It's like that's not enough of a change.
Speaker 2: He's also smashing people with his shoulder and launching them twenty six feet that's true, but we didn't see a lot of that. Yeah, So I just don't have much to report on it. My opinion is not going to be that great about that match, as I feel you, dude, we won't spend too much more time on AE dubs unless there was something that you really wanted to discuss. We can move to SmackDown, which was even less eventful.
Speaker 3: All of my aew opinions were about a different show, so we will save it.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough again, bonus te's for Thursday, y'all. So the Bloodline, which is now Solo Sokoa, Paul Hayman and the WWE Universal Champion Roman reigns. They want to know from Jay what time it is the Bloodline has finally been destroyed. Roman drops some knowledge on Jay, saying, your brother was jealous of you. He didn't want you to be the man all this stuff. Jimmy comes out because he's not having that. He's going to stand next to his brother. Jay looks betrayed. Is that true? Is that true? And his brother saying yes, and he goes, then you out and that's what everyone wanted to know. And he goes, but so am I and gets them with the super kick. They superkick everybody, They double superkick people. Paul Haymen gets the hell out of there, rolls his ass out there rings so he doesn't get superkick, lives to fight another day, but it is officially blown up and we will get a cool Solo Socoat Roman Reigns versus the USOS. These two dudes, these twin brothers, have surpassed any and all expectations that the company has had for them, and they've always been able to wrestle their asses off. I can't say enough good things about these dudes. I sang their praise big time last week. I'm not gonna shine them up anymore. It's just awesome that they were able to pull this story off. It's awesome because it could have without them being as talented as they are. This thing falls apart and nobody cares, and it's just another faction that doesn't have enough people that can talk, and we know they're being protected by the one person who can and in this case, every single son of a bitch in the story. You can talk, even Solo a little bit. They help him out, they don't give him too much, So I just I couldn't be happier with how this I'm not saying it's over, but this chapter has now come to an end. They did a great job. The rest of the show kind of sucked, so I don't want to get into it too much, but this was the end of the show. They made me wait the whole time to watch this, and they did a really good job.
Speaker 3: This felt to me like something we thought for sure was inevitably coming, and then it also felt like something we thought was never coming. Like it was like a little bit of both. It's like, well, they I first saw that this might happen, but it took so long that I think it's never gonna happen. I'm also kind of sad by it. I like, like you heard my idea on the last few weeks, just saying like I wish they would just grow the bloodline and keep it this unbreakable thing, so that if they do choose to, like do a storyline that breaks up somebody in the group five years from now, would be like we broke the rules of the block bood line. Because I don't want to see the Rock fight Roman. I want to see the Rock with Bro. I want to keep this bloodline pure and true, and so that that was a little bigger.
Speaker 2: You could have drama with it, but yeah, you don't want it to fall all the way.
Speaker 3: Apart, yeah, or anybody being kicked out, or anybody turning on somebody without me, you know, like the the blood is Thicker than Water story has already kind of been crossed. And if you're going to have a guy turn on a guy, make it like a Sam He's ay who's not really in the bloodline. He's in the blood line. Yeah, And so like that feels good because you're like, well we can kick a guy out who like you could you know, turn on Paul Hayman. He's not really in the bloodline.
Speaker 2: He's he's It's like Reallyota was was wasn't Italian enough in Goodfellas, But all.
Speaker 3: The guys in the pure bloodline are protected. That's the way I would have played it. But whatever it happened, it was exciting. Like you said, they made us wait the whole the entire thing. I will say you said that this of course, this is the biggest and most exciting part of the episode. But my match of the week Inmaccown, our girl Zelena Vega beats beats Ao Sky. And here's the thing, this goes against all my Jeff rules to pick the match of the week. A short woman's match. That was kind of clunky. The reason I'm picking it is because the right woman won. Also, Zelena hit the six to one nine on her, which was pretty cool. I don't know. I guess maybe I'm not watching enough of the LWO matches, But is that she's been doing a lot.
Speaker 2: She likes that move? Yeah, yeah, let use it. Yeah it was dope though, she.
Speaker 3: Does it great. Yeah, it's pretty impressed. So that was my match. I don't know why popped so hard to watch it, but it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was great. Is that your match of the week?
Speaker 3: Match of the week for sure?
Speaker 2: I can if you, dude, shout out Selena Vega, She's the best. Well, my match of the week and we will get into this show on our Thursday. Bonus content was Andrade elidlo versus Buddy Matthews on Saturday Night's Collision, the debut of Collision. I love Lucha Libre, I love lucha ors. I collect masks. I have a lot. It's not dozens, it's not hundreds, it's in the thousands. I love Lucca masks and I've been collecting him since the sixth freaking grade. And I'm forty seven years old.
Speaker 3: I only have laparka. That's alright.
Speaker 2: That's all right, man, I think I saw a couple more in your That's my number one. Yeah, okay, all right. Those of you don't know. He's married to the amazing Charlotte Flair, who I love to death. I thinks she's awesome. They paid tribute to one another in their matches quite often. She's done a couple of his move sets, and in this week's and this is my match of the week, he paid tribute to her figure eight instead of just doing the figure four, and he won the match with the bridge. And this match was such an awesome story. I just encourage you to watch it for the story. Forget the fact that both dudes are sick, and Buddy Ma Matthews is so jacked. It looks like he was carved, like he's so shredded. Dude, I've never seen him this jack before. He looked awesome. The whole time. I was just staring at him like man, crushing, like goddamn, I wish I looked like that just once in my life. These dudes told this story of two injuries, one a knee, the other a shoulder. They told the House of Black story with the lights beautifully. It didn't come off like cheap Undertaker stuff. I don't want to tell you everything that happened in the match because it was awesome, but the crowd was ready for it. There were Mexican fans out there that had a Mexican flag over the rail and Andrede flip Buddy Matthews right into the center of the Mexican flag. It was so dope. I popped so big for it. I love this match. He did a cartwheel on the apron into a full back layout and just smashed Matthews. Matthews was showing off the muscles and just picking up this big ass dude like he weighed my weight and it's just smashing him. And they both sold like crazy, both sold their injuries so big. And at the end of the match, we were going to get this handshake and Buddy Matthews slaps it away and Androde's like, it's all right, he's pissed he lost. I'm offered again, like UFC style. Right. It was so legit and real. And then right before he's gonna shake, the lights go out, and then the rest was a cool sort of house of black story and alistair black looked awesome with the makeup and the eye thing that he did. But this was my match of the week because it felt so old school like nineties like it was just a cool ass nineteen ninety eight ninety nine match that I hope this story lasts a while and they give him some time on Collision, that's my match of the week.
Speaker 3: My dude, buddy Matthews is he feels like a thick, strong pac. I don't know if you guys know that reference. He used to be called Neville Neville they call Neville. He reminds me of him, but like just super strong and a little thicker because he can do the high flying. He looks great. He's got the great body. This match was incredible, but it was on Collision. I didn't know we were counting Collision as the matches of the week. I probably wouldn't have given it to u Zelena Vega, but it's all right because this match was sick. And it was also the mask that Androte came out to. What is that mask? Dude, like half DC Universe, half lou Man. That was that was amazing and he wasn't even letting girl touch it.
Speaker 2: He was like, don't you know, don't you dare touch my mask?
Speaker 3: She's like, all right, what's she getting all his belongings for? Anyways? I don't understand what she's doing. Yo.
Speaker 2: He was so cool with it and everything, man when he caught himself in the ropes and did the old school pose, like what's up dude? Everything? Man, he was just dope. I was so glad to see him back in the ring.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that he was with real Ripley buddy Matthews. It was Charlotte Charlotte Flair's man versus Rial Ripley's man, which is pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Yeah, that should have been out of the match, was Arlette Flair's man versus Ripley's man tonight.
Speaker 3: That says a lot about wrestling, doesn't it. So and so's.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's high school. I got in fights because of that shit. All right, man, tell the people where you're gonna be this weekend.
Speaker 3: This weekend, come see me. I'm doing a celebrity softball game in Seattle technically Tacoma at Cheney Stadium with a bunch of Seahawks and actually Gino Smith, the quarterback of the Seahawks, the current quarterback, and uh, we're raising a bunch of money. It's gonna be great. It's gonna be fun. Go to cheniy Stadium or going to Jeff Doi dot com and just find out where you can come see the game.
Speaker 2: Hit a homer for the listeners trying to dedicate it too, dedicated, dude, gonna give us too.
Speaker 3: They got a lot of guys on the team though, so I'm wondering if it's gonna be one of the celebrity softball tournaments where the roster instead of like nine guys is literally like forty. Yeah, that sucks, And you're like, I'm probably going to get like one at bat.
Speaker 2: It sucks.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping it's not like.
Speaker 2: I did the I did the ESPN Celebrity Retired Guy Softball game one year and Kenny Maine was the manager and he was a total dick to me, by the way, Kenny Mayine, why were you dick? For no reason? I was super nice, pretty tough. But it was one of those. It was one of those. I was gonna get one at bat and I got a an infield single because I can't hit a softball like it it's too hard. And then as soon as I came around, he was like all right, and you're out. I'm like out. And then we had like a roster of like twenty eight dudes and everyone got to get an opportunity. But I was like, Ah, this sucks, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing it flying up there to bad ones. I mean, I know it's also about the money and the charity, but come on, let me get some dinger.
Speaker 2: You're doing it for charity. Mine was just for TV ratings. Some mine sucked, yours doesn't. All right, everybody, thanks for listening. We'll see all Thursday with our bonus content and every Wednesday as always. Pease follow us.
Speaker 3: On Instagram, Wrestling with Freddy, Twitter is ww Freddie Pod. Follow us on all the socials so you can submit your questions for the Federation.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.