Speaker 1: Welcome back to Artists on Artists on Artists on Artists. This week, what's cooking in our kitchen? It's celebrity chefs.
Speaker 2: Cooking has always been a staple forever for mankind, but only recently, in the last nave eighty years, has the idea of a celebrity being a chef come about. We're talking to some of the most famous chefs to ever have TV shows, followings or something else.
Speaker 1: So pre heat the oven to three point fifty. Pre heat the camera as well to the aperture, and let's listen in.
Speaker 3: I won't smoke any that's.
Speaker 4: A devil stick. That's a devil stick. I won't be taking stick. Maybe by the end I will. What did you say a picture from acy A, Oh my god, it's crazy looking at you in person. I've seen you on screen and I could usually understand you could I put the subtitles on.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, stuff. When did you start watching? What does the first video you see me doing?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh. I mean it's the I thought it.
Speaker 3: Was, oh oh, that Brussels sprouts thing you did with the brest.
Speaker 5: I will tell you what the back then they were not even called a Brussels spouts. They were just spout blustol had not yet even been invented.
Speaker 3: Will shut me, overturned me around and stick my head in the pot?
Speaker 7: You're kidding?
Speaker 2: I will, I will do no such thing. I would do no such thing, and you want me to.
Speaker 4: And I can't believe everyone's here. I'm like, I'm starstruck, I know.
Speaker 7: To not be around the table to what do we even doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's wild to come to a new place and find people here cooking.
Speaker 6: Literally, yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and some of us have personality.
Speaker 6: It's kind of it's just kind of crazy that.
Speaker 1: We're all here and we don't have our typical you know, instead of this microphone, I'd be holding the dankspatela, but I'm not.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't be holding it. If you be holding it, no, I'd.
Speaker 6: Be holding it.
Speaker 4: It's like, it's crazy because some of us like talk a lot, and some of us don't.
Speaker 2: Right, I very rarely talk, usually screaming or quiet.
Speaker 5: And now you've you've become known in Isaa practicing Buddhists for the last sixty five years, you have become known as the Monk of the Kitchen now tell me about this because I really appreciate streaming monk.
Speaker 3: Garlic salt, screaming Monk.
Speaker 1: I love screaming monkscarlet, salt, all those little stops along the five.
Speaker 5: It is next to you as Alien Jackie Alien Jackie, Yeah, beef jackiey, the Screaming Monk, Screaming mon.
Speaker 8: I love your book, The Screaming Monk's Guide to Screaming at your Meat.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you very much. Yes, that's my book, The Screaming Monk's Guide to Screaming at your meat, Screaming alts guy, to screaming at your veggies, screaming at your poultry. You know, we've have many different books, but yes, I thank you. It became. You know, I've gotten some backlash because people are like, you're not really a monk. You're kind of stealing that. But I would say I am monkish.
Speaker 4: And yeah, well, Bobby flying a real redheads.
Speaker 3: You're not real monkey, and read.
Speaker 5: Scream at the cupcake. I think the real monk would want you to scream at the cup.
Speaker 2: I went and studied with monks for a little while. It was absolutely amazing. It was so interesting to learn that they all had rage. Yeah, that's what I want to bring to the kitchen streaming.
Speaker 3: I didn't like your bubble gum line, the screaming monk bubble gum.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being honest. It was a mess up.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it. Like, what was that? Was that your team getting too ahead of you?
Speaker 2: It was it was it was my team running with an idea.
Speaker 8: I've never even imagined Terragon themed flavored bubble gum.
Speaker 2: You tried to make what they did with ice cream where they move o reached it, you know, crazy taste.
Speaker 1: Like I hated the olive oil bubble gum now that we're talking about it, it.
Speaker 2: Was just slow. Bubble gum was going to change everything. People were ready for it. Maybe in a couple of years will be ready.
Speaker 5: For I liked the as you bubble gum. That was weird it turned, but the course of the gum I love that you did that life. It tastes like come on, vomit, vomit.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's that is a reduction, a beef reduction. It might have tasted like vomit, but what we were aiming for is the first savory.
Speaker 8: I just want to say, too hard not to take that personally when you looked at me like I would know the word vomit.
Speaker 4: It's no offense, Okay, I say ship.
Speaker 8: Look you guys, I understand. I'm I'm the chef that's sold out. Okay, the Sandy Sandy Toad.
Speaker 6: Lady, Sandy Toad Lady.
Speaker 8: And I have a lot of frozen foods, and I do want to say that the Sandy Toad ladies, can I say just really quick?
Speaker 2: Sandy Toad Lady is one of the most awful names.
Speaker 6: I can't believe you retail distribution.
Speaker 1: I will be honest, it's crazy to see Sandy Toad ladies steam.
Speaker 6: Blasagna for one. Any isle of the Bonds.
Speaker 2: Was disgusting.
Speaker 3: That sounds like.
Speaker 1: You guys are clearly lady, clearly not my demographic.
Speaker 8: I am going for those wonderful women who you might see in films like Nights on the Road, Dante and Something's Got to Give. You know, people that wish they were in a Nancy Meyers movie but are working their mothers.
Speaker 7: They have things to do.
Speaker 5: I would say in France Infance, the Sandy Toad Lady, Grand the frog leg, the steam frog leg, you do very popular working women. They are back in the web place. Yes, French women love Sandy told lady.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I do the frog leg steamer bowl and it's really fun. Wave there's a bowl of water under it and then the and it's.
Speaker 7: The steamer bowl.
Speaker 5: The frog legs steamer from the Sandy Toad Lady, because then you get the zoo from the frog leg.
Speaker 8: I want people to have a classic experience, no matter what.
Speaker 1: Steam steam, frog leg from the Sandy Lady.
Speaker 8: Legs in a steamer bowl from the Sandy Toad Lady.
Speaker 1: Guys, I think we should introduce ourselves well you Basically, I think I've heard a lot of nouns so far, and I just want to get a sense of who we all are, because.
Speaker 6: I am just so excited to be here.
Speaker 3: Baby, I love you. I think you're oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: And you know I am hi. I am Jennifer Boyle. I am a chef born and raised in the heartland of New York City. I am a homegrown, authentic Manhattan chef, cooking on the meals that you know my grandma raised me on some uh some like wonderful omaicasse on in East Village and some incredible uh gelato in Midtown Manhattan. All these beautiful, beautiful flavors. It's sort of a love letter to New York City, is what I'm trying to do. I of course host a show called Put That in the Pot, and it's a show where we try and take unconventioned ingredients. It's sort of like the Unconventional Ingredients Challenge on Project Runway.
Speaker 6: We're doing that with food.
Speaker 2: I love it you you seem I do have one complaint though. You do take a lot of what I would say is traditional, you know, ethnic food, and you kind of rename it and call it your own thing.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: I love renaming things. That's part of my big passion in Put That in the Pot, because you know, New York is a melting pot, so if you have a culture, I am so excited to use that and join and add my spin on that as well.
Speaker 7: I love the way you called ch mushy chips.
Speaker 2: Flavor ball.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that it's resonating with you know, smushy chips. And I got a little bit of flak when I took this Mexican dish. You may know it as the Taco, but I have it as the slumber Party.
Speaker 2: So that one crazy talking. It's been American.
Speaker 3: It's been so americanized. Yeah, like.
Speaker 2: The silly uncrustable, Well, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I thought was crazy. I thought it was crazy when you went it was silly.
Speaker 6: It's so silly. It's so silly. Can you imagine? Because a crustable is like pebias.
Speaker 4: When you took ramen and you said spaghetti at a water park and I went, what is that woman's team up to a team?
Speaker 1: My team cannot take any credit, even though they'd like to have us all directly from my brain, fore toast, I stand.
Speaker 5: All toastase dike out the spice. I know what you said, attle bit, but that's what with me. One dig out they I love the way she said.
Speaker 6: So if I had one gripe with other.
Speaker 2: Foods and there.
Speaker 6: Is just a little bit too much going on.
Speaker 2: His normals, there's his wheels.
Speaker 7: Go yes, I love.
Speaker 8: I love how you end everything with you give it the big pat down where you take a paper towel and you just everything that's on top. You just make sure that it's removed, Just remove everything with the paper towel.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And you have to, by the way, because oh my gosh, there is just so many different interesting oils and spices that are very interesting, but we gotta pack it down a little bit.
Speaker 7: They are interesting, but not for me. Yes, for me, I mean, and how many? How many is your audience seat? That's like two thousand people?
Speaker 2: Right, there's your studio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's two thousand people. They all chanted it once, but not for me.
Speaker 8: Let's keep you know me, I'm this anty told lady right, I'm Destiny Pot and it's obviously wonderful to be here. I am fifty seven, I am retired. I used to work for the embassy, and now I live on Nantucket. I used to own a little store where I would make people pie for free, and now I've been giving right recipe.
Speaker 1: And so it was a store where you'd make pie for free. And how how did you keep the lights on? Well?
Speaker 7: I sold sod.
Speaker 4: So it was a.
Speaker 6: Sad store where he gave away pie for soil.
Speaker 7: Sod store.
Speaker 9: And then all the time it was so obnoxious, but it became kind of a running joke where they'd say, and now do I put this in the gardener?
Speaker 7: In my mouth it was covered in sod, and I said, you know what I.
Speaker 8: My my husband said, pick a lane, darling, and I said, you know what, I guess I'm going to have to so I chose PA's. And then it just expanded because I just began to realize these dinner parties that I threw from my friends on Nantucket, you know, they loved my food, and I said, I'm going to bring this food to the people. So I of course made the Sandy Toad Lady's Book the Guide to being a Sandy toad Lady.
Speaker 6: And now what makes a Sandy toad lady like.
Speaker 7: Sandy toad Lady?
Speaker 3: They look black and.
Speaker 6: I just walk I know it when I see it.
Speaker 3: I'll walk by a woman and go that it's a Sandy toad light.
Speaker 8: So a Sandy toad lady is a woman of a certain age who's been spending all day on the beach. But she has a long night ahead of her. So, yeah, she does it all. She takes care of the kids, she hangs out with her husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got a big bonfire in front of her, of course, and yeah, I guess what, there might be a little bit of sand in her bed when she goes to best.
Speaker 2: It's exgusting because she's so uncomfortable.
Speaker 7: She's lived a nice life. She look, you get a little sand everywhere.
Speaker 8: The thing about living at the beach is you can't enjoy the beach with having a little bit of sand between your toes.
Speaker 7: It's kind of that rainbow rain kind of thing.
Speaker 6: Oh that could make me cry.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My favorite part about your show is your relationship with your husband.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: And my favorite thought about your husband is his relationship with a man.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is a very common form and meant to have an intimate emotional relationship with doesn't men. But all of your husband friend tall shaved like a big and tall.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 8: You talk about my husband tyrone, and I get what you're pointing at. I've gotten this before, very original. My husband is gay. He's not gay. I want to make this very clear. My husband goes to town on me three times.
Speaker 3: A week on your Life finger fingers.
Speaker 7: When I look at my husband, he gets hard.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, I'm sorry I'm addressing this so abruptly, but I'm kind of fed up. My husband is straight and I make him so erect, and I want to make that so clear.
Speaker 7: Well, do as you are interesting and I can't wait to get.
Speaker 8: But I'm married to someone who I drive crazy, So of course I'm unavailable, but I don't. I just don't want to pussy foot around on that one. I don't want to Sandy Toad pussy foot around because guess what, me and my husband get really hot and heavy.
Speaker 7: We have sex.
Speaker 4: No, I know you're posting about it on Blue scot and we haven't figured it out yet.
Speaker 1: Very clear on recent episodes whenever you know, because your your husband usually comes in two thirds of the way through, like while the meal is cooking, like gives you a hug from behind and says, what's cooking, honey, the whole thing. And then lately he has been getting far more explicit.
Speaker 8: I will say, we are actually starting. I don't know if you guys are on this website. We're starting in only flans.
Speaker 2: Mom, is that flaw starting?
Speaker 7: And I'm so excited, Please come join us.
Speaker 3: You think it's just it feels black.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's a part of you that is just sharing this because you want to prove something rather than if you actually want to share it.
Speaker 7: I didn't need to prove this.
Speaker 8: Someone demure Sandy told Lady the Sandy toold lady as a bee does not need to flaunt their sexual exploits. They flaund the book there reading the Barbara King Sol But they can them all they want.
Speaker 2: Just just so you know, Flawn is what you call sweaty crambrulet.
Speaker 7: Right, I know what.
Speaker 6: We're talking about.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I thought you were just being.
Speaker 1: I thought you just had like a funny. I thought you were just like having like a stupid thing, like a thing that.
Speaker 3: Was like sweaty crambulet or shiny French toast.
Speaker 7: Okay, enough enough about me, we have to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Good morning and morning, the morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: I am DJ Grandma Flatbread DJ Grandma Flat.
Speaker 3: Grandma, a freak, a freak, A freak, a freak. I put it in the.
Speaker 4: Only food network host who's also a working DJA.
Speaker 6: I love that you do both at once.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, I mean, get all your and then I and then we scramble it up scrambled collab. I've been working in this industry for so long. I'm so excited to be here. I think it all took off for me when my my grandson got me some turntables and he started to putting me up on. He got me a couple of them, right, and I was like, tables turn tables that looks like a dish.
Speaker 7: Should I ask your real name, Grandma?
Speaker 3: I've never said it publicly, and I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe by the end of this episode, if all of you moved me individually in a beautiful way, maybe I'll say, did you land on the name DJ Grandma? Well, I'm a DJ, I'm my grandma, and I cook flat bread.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to ask, because we're both women of a certain age.
Speaker 3: Sure shirt shirt sut.
Speaker 7: It just makes me tired to watch you.
Speaker 2: What do you mean it comes out out there?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 8: Who?
Speaker 3: The second?
Speaker 4: The second my boy my son gave me that that turntable and started putting me on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I went viral. Ironically. I know it's ironic, and I know the.
Speaker 4: Clicks are clicks because people are going to say, to Grandma, is she is she.
Speaker 3: Flipping a flat bread? I know, I know that it's it's bait.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make me more tired, but you like this life. I'm dancing through it.
Speaker 7: Baite, you're doing the worm to uptown funk all in the oven.
Speaker 2: Flat bread? That was your flat bread an episode?
Speaker 1: I ask you something, DJ, Grandma, flat bread? Yeah, are you taking performance enhancing drugs?
Speaker 2: Why would you ask that?
Speaker 3: My God?
Speaker 4: We walked around and all said, I loved his garlic salt. I love your books. I love yours.
Speaker 2: Oh to a.
Speaker 4: Woman who's eighty two, can't floss anymore?
Speaker 3: Really fast?
Speaker 5: I was really you broke and came back in two week good doctors.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to tell y'all.
Speaker 7: You had pink on and you guys hung from the ceilings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my harness was a little stronger. What can I tell you?
Speaker 1: I think I saw you on the Sweetish track and field team last Olympics.
Speaker 3: Well I did that to do a French toast collapse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, French toast. You know how milk? It's just milk, milk. French toast has just started.
Speaker 4: Y'all Come for me as much as you want, But I'll tell you you'll never know if I'm I am one hundred percent natural, because it goes back to one hundred percent good ingredients. That's what I'll say. What are steroids good veggies? What are good steroids good eggs? What are good steroids? Fresh from the earth?
Speaker 5: Milk?
Speaker 4: I've never had oat, milk, skim milk. I have whole milk. Baby, that's my steroids. Lock me up, spin me around, stick me inside a blondie and make it a brownie.
Speaker 7: I agree, honey, I'm a slept for some cream. I too, It's so delicious. Half and half. Put half and half in your mac and cheese.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I put a drizzle. I put a drizzle of half and half in eggs. I put a drizzle of half and half in my soda with gin.
Speaker 7: In my life and about.
Speaker 4: Listen you saying that's craziest thing come from your life. It's crazy because you are a crazy mok. It's time ahead of the email when they said, if I wanted to do this this talk.
Speaker 10: We all, we all came in in your image cuisine to please something please.
Speaker 7: Voyage CALIFORNI.
Speaker 5: Problem the Tesla, Tesla diner.
Speaker 6: Yes, diner, Okay, sorry, the Tesla Diner.
Speaker 7: No, I have a problem. Sorry, I a problem.
Speaker 6: In French, I call it I'm silly English.
Speaker 1: It is very close the Tesla diner.
Speaker 7: I have I cook mostly in in France.
Speaker 5: Of course, you you watched my show, of course The Master Chef until God and steal it from me is master. That was in nineteen nineteen sixty three, nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 7: And then I have a.
Speaker 5: Little problem with the Swiss government, and I moved to America. I start a new and another restaurantor a little bit problem, miss monsieur Musque.
Speaker 7: So I take a job as the chef at the Tesla Diner.
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: And can I ask you about the clientele at the Tesla Diner? Like?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 6: What? What's the ideal customer like?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 6: What are they like? What are they looking for?
Speaker 5: As all want twenty two dollars grilled cheese? O, but I cooked them twenty two dollars gees.
Speaker 7: I held them in French. They don't know what they say.
Speaker 5: They put on TikTok and they make money in.
Speaker 2: The SpaceX stock Is it?
Speaker 4: Is it true that you sorry you were talking? No, I wasn't going ahead now you were.
Speaker 7: I was just gonna ask you talked about grilled cheese. What's your secret to an amazing grilled cheese? What do you do with the Tesla Diner?
Speaker 5: That's the Testa diner. Of course, we use pure fra big trend right now, cruty free for not. We do extra cruelty on the so col cool cool.
Speaker 2: Cool coruel.
Speaker 5: Cruel free cruelty on American cruelty.
Speaker 2: Yes, extra cruelty on the fund.
Speaker 4: Part of that lawsuit where that woman found a dongle in her grilled cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dongle gates. This is I cannot believe this.
Speaker 4: National headlines do if I found a dongle in anything, I would call a headline.
Speaker 8: You know what, I honestly headline call a headline. I sided with the restaurant on these things. I think she brought in that dong.
Speaker 4: I do, well, are there is a tech kitchen? Is it a tech forward kitchen?
Speaker 7: I am the only human employer.
Speaker 2: Mostly it's robots, doles, dongles. I've been looking up to you for years because you do not hold back. You tell it like it is. You tell I mean one of your segments where you're cooking in the morning with one of these good morning shows, and you really let them have it when I try to explain with.
Speaker 5: The Sweet Morning Show, we should play the Yeah, to play it beyond.
Speaker 2: We are in a sweet and a welcome to the kicking show.
Speaker 7: Fuck you you matter, fucking sist.
Speaker 2: Fuck, oh my god, I was on the very much.
Speaker 7: It was the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can get the spargo. Oh sag clip because like they needed to hear that in that moment.
Speaker 8: Amazing how fast they cut to.
Speaker 6: The Swiss are really there on that button?
Speaker 1: It was like so I think part of the reason that clip blew up because it was short enough to be a vine.
Speaker 2: Said one day this will go viral. This will go viral.
Speaker 5: Just understand the temple nature of the cutaway bit. I guess I've been watching a lot of vi P when they have pre tape.
Speaker 2: That we don't.
Speaker 6: Have to talk about the past. We can talk about them now.
Speaker 4: Now, can I ask you with the robots in the kitchen, do you feel like you're missing humans?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Do they say like thanks, yes, chef? Like what what are the robots?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 7: Robot?
Speaker 5: They don't talk back, And I will say I do have a sort of what called universal restraining order not allowed to be in a kitchen with other human employees ever again in any country.
Speaker 2: That was part of the Plea deal.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, so you can't be around any human chefs.
Speaker 5: No, they actually give me a special dispensation for this tonight.
Speaker 2: Very exciting for me. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Let's talk through another human.
Speaker 5: Outside of a Tesla driver, which at that point even human happy to have you.
Speaker 8: Because you certainly are a legend, and you remind me of the type of cowboys that used to be in the kitchen. Yeah okay, oh they're really good at that accent.
Speaker 7: Definitely am Yeah, really good.
Speaker 8: I did want to ask, you know, you guys brought up that clip vine, how has the Internet changed your experience as a chef. You know, it isn't all about the food anymore, it's about it.
Speaker 6: I mean, tell me about it.
Speaker 1: I would say the major thing the Internet has changed for me is that everyone's really mad at me.
Speaker 11: Now everyone's really mad at me that you think, Well, all of a sudden, they just are starting to take issue with things that I never knew anyone could take issue with the.
Speaker 1: Things that I'm naming my dishes, which are just sort of you know, that's just sort of what chefs do, right, we name we name our dishes.
Speaker 4: Well, I think sometimes you're naming other people's dishes. Rat like when you took that famous to Molly recipe and.
Speaker 3: You call it you mean slim jams. Yeah, you said it was like that wasn't.
Speaker 2: So that's crazy to on two different levels, because slim ging is an existing thing and.
Speaker 7: They immediately bounced back on that too.
Speaker 5: It's the macho man and the savage I spokesperson.
Speaker 7: Yes, you must love them over really fun audet.
Speaker 6: Affected you guys, because I.
Speaker 4: Know that you were made by the end of Yeah, I don't know what you mean. I think I do everything creatively on my own. When they say this is a song that is trending, I go this song because I've been loving it for years.
Speaker 8: So you just stumbled into that video with a J and Big Justice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just stumbled. Listen.
Speaker 4: I was already dancing with Malala. They just decided to roll on it.
Speaker 1: Already doing Thatala have time.
Speaker 2: On bis.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was a chic bake and whip.
Speaker 3: And listen.
Speaker 4: I don't know what people are thinking, like that is my name and there's an AT sign in front of it. That's just the That's just the small field I grew up on in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: We put we put ats in front of our names.
Speaker 1: You you you advent to the app sign in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Well that was before the Internet.
Speaker 4: I do everything organically and I'm not told by an army of young gen z people with clipboards what to do in the salightest way out for they give me my sugar water that I think is perfectly fine.
Speaker 3: I drank it up and then I go to work. I stand on my mark.
Speaker 5: Is there have been the the allegation that that sugar water is actually.
Speaker 6: It's sort of a stimulant.
Speaker 5: Uh, you would taste it, y'all.
Speaker 3: I would taste what doest like?
Speaker 4: It tastes like a chemic goal but like, but that's because it's in a plastic water bottle, y'all.
Speaker 3: I hate that, and I go put this in a cup.
Speaker 1: Now, how do you feel immediately after drinking the sugar water?
Speaker 4: It's always I don't know if it's because I'm drinking it before the show, because I always feel a certain way before the show, which is like I.
Speaker 3: Gotta go and what like I got a move? Yeah, like, holy holy god, I got a.
Speaker 2: Move that speed.
Speaker 7: Your teeth have been clowned to a fine.
Speaker 4: Note now, baby, that's because I love my oreos hard.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what about you, guys? How do you think the internets fag?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: I will say, I just like to get in the kitchen, throw up the camera and shoot some videos when I'm having a nice little Sunday when I throw together a show couterie board.
Speaker 2: Can I say, I've watched so many of your old TV show clips now on TikTok in little segments, and I'm always hunting for the end. I'm always hunting for pot two and pot three. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, and it's interesting because we have a schedule where we've been really seen the first thirty seconds of every one of the one hundred and fifty episodes.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, soon we're.
Speaker 7: Gonna start releasing the second Yeah.
Speaker 8: So we're just kind of laying eggs and we're not letting anybody get an answer to know how.
Speaker 2: Exactly that you whisked the egg.
Speaker 7: You whisk the egg. I watch you whisk.
Speaker 2: I go, what all you're doing with the tafto?
Speaker 7: You're not fin I watch five hundred video.
Speaker 2: Amazing and all the comments say low stem for me to tiss out on. It's amazing. I going to ask, I was going to ask that, no idea, What does anyone know what that means?
Speaker 7: I guess the means.
Speaker 8: If you know what lows stem for me to tiss out on means throw it down in the cor.
Speaker 3: In this video right now?
Speaker 4: If you know what he's talking about, writ in the comments, I know what low stim I can tiss out on means in the comments.
Speaker 7: Just flooded to a definition.
Speaker 1: Now you should know what it is, because then you might lean into whatever it is too much.
Speaker 3: You don't think leaning in is any problem?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: You know I don't think bad.
Speaker 2: I think we don't concern with you.
Speaker 8: Well, I want to hear how the screaming monk handles social media, because I swear to.
Speaker 2: God, thank you, thank you, yes, screaming monk. Jordan Jeffrey is my name, Jordan Jeffrey, And yes, problem I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't gonna You don't need a name, you just need like a label.
Speaker 2: I've decided, you know, very interesting. It's it's what I do is I watch people cooking and I kind of comment. I do it as they're cooking.
Speaker 6: At I do react to you really stick it to some.
Speaker 2: Some people, you know, they need to hear it. It's like I'll play a clip right.
Speaker 4: Now, here's a This is me making my buffalo chicken casserole.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Here I go.
Speaker 4: I'm dumping a bunch of frozen I'm dumping a bunch of rozen chicken.
Speaker 2: Ugly and no man would love you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna add a cool.
Speaker 2: With ononta the hell are you thinking?
Speaker 7: No, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: And now could somebody love this?
Speaker 3: Here's a shot of my beautiful five year.
Speaker 2: Old god ugly kid look to be cursed in the world with an ugly.
Speaker 3: Kid and God next to her is her sister.
Speaker 2: Even uglier than before. He didn't think a kid.
Speaker 3: Could get she has touch That.
Speaker 2: Dish out of ten looks delicious.
Speaker 5: Oh I love that. I won't say. Watch a man fall feet first into a deep fire? Yes, that was a way fucking whilst.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you saw a man fall feet first?
Speaker 7: How big was the deeper and how big was the man? The man these fire is.
Speaker 5: The go just up to the knee and so it's all the skin and goes last up. We give him a two hour break, we say, go drink some wine back and it the scow is so bad we call him socks.
Speaker 1: I hate to get on this, but why was that friar so big? Were you guys going for a world record of some kind?
Speaker 5: No, no, we were doing we three thousand people a day was a high volume, big restaurant in Paris.
Speaker 2: Thanks Giving away three thousand people.
Speaker 5: So a big fire flying pan these big around I have. I have one hundred and twenty five chef, one hundred twenty five one dish washer.
Speaker 4: No God, no God, no God, no God, no God, no.
Speaker 7: God, no God would do that.
Speaker 8: There was a period where chefs were gods, and now sometimes I think we're jesters, you know, with all this stuff on the internet. Sometimes I feel like they just want us to clown around or God forbid, fall down, or drop a gurkin or something like that so they can make a joke about it.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, drop a gurkin.
Speaker 8: The amount of times I see in my comments, drop a girkin, Drop a girkin. God, go to thirty seven seconds, she almost drops the gurkin.
Speaker 7: I like dj up song, Yes.
Speaker 3: You saying that organically organic.
Speaker 7: Test testa did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like it better when we're way you stay pup.
Speaker 7: Really country for Tiesto is that whole? I love it?
Speaker 2: And that has to drop the life.
Speaker 3: And you know why that sounded so bad because it was organic.
Speaker 7: I like to drop the girkins song.
Speaker 3: Good, you should, it's nice. It was made for you.
Speaker 4: What No, But listen, I want to talk to you about your band, your bongo drum guy and your pianist.
Speaker 3: Are they there all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, these are and these are friends of your husband.
Speaker 8: You said, yes, this is Michael, and of course it's start Search and mccau search hell by.
Speaker 6: The same ship.
Speaker 2: Amazing d.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you you almost got it's almost a piano. It's a steel drum drum. It's a steel drum that records is a piano.
Speaker 4: Now, but it's it's beautiful the way like you at the top of every episode you explain the recipe and they're like building with you in the saddle and they build and then and then you and then you go, let's see it.
Speaker 7: And then we have a clip of the episode too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hi everyone, lady today it's a very special blondie pudding.
Speaker 7: Let us get into it.
Speaker 2: Boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 7: Some milk but flo sugar vanilla.
Speaker 6: Hey baby, what's cooking?
Speaker 7: Tyrone? I am hanging out with your friends. We're having a little bit of fun in the kitchen.
Speaker 6: That's amazing. I'm I'm I'm really hard for my wife right now. Mommy don't know.
Speaker 7: And I think that was a fan at it.
Speaker 4: Can we go back to the fanets so we can see it looks like your husband and the steel drum player.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so whoever fan cow and Tyrone and cut me out of it.
Speaker 5: Ship.
Speaker 12: They keep shipping my husband and his friends who are musicians, and can I ask you to stop doing that. Tyrone likes it. He likes to see things like that. But to be honest, he likes it.
Speaker 8: He likes my naked body more. He likes being around me. He likes touching my breasts. He likes going.
Speaker 7: Down on me.
Speaker 3: How often does he go down on you?
Speaker 7: As every time we have sex, he also goes.
Speaker 3: Down And every time you have read three times.
Speaker 8: A week, we have sex three times a week, including oral both ways.
Speaker 3: Oral both ways is a funny way.
Speaker 8: Me and Tyrone have an oral both ways every time we have intercourse.
Speaker 7: So stop calling him gay.
Speaker 6: Interesting, That's okay, that's okay, that's okay. Well, i'm i'm, i'm, I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm reminded of, you know, just sort of the liveliness of a of a kitchen.
Speaker 6: This clip is.
Speaker 1: Is something that to me, I'm reminded of how how lively a kitchen could be. And I wanted to know if anybody has prior restaurant experience, you know, how that's played into your role.
Speaker 2: As a celebrity.
Speaker 6: Chef, the history, how did you? How did we get here?
Speaker 5: Well, and of course you saw the documentary. Listen a clue. In the nineteen sixty four I was cooking in Shamuni.
Speaker 3: Believe it was twelve parts. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 5: Burn Scar yeah, bound Scow. It was the American translation. In front it was just called the asshole and I, of course as but back then it was people people like it.
Speaker 2: The young boy, the young boy, the cook.
Speaker 7: Twelve and nine years old.
Speaker 5: He fall in the deep ryer and he but he tumbled out and he's okay. But that's become a very big topic of conversation about kitchen safety.
Speaker 7: And I think that I made that that pen.
Speaker 4: Wow, I think that's really important. Kitchen safety is important, especially back in.
Speaker 2: The day, especially when we're filming. Do you guys have any disasters just last moments, Well, you on camera and the.
Speaker 5: Boy was carrying an egg, and rather than passed the egg from one chapter to another, we passed the boy.
Speaker 7: The boy because the egg is very delicate, Hold the egg. Hold the egg.
Speaker 3: So you have someone like a wide receiver or something like that.
Speaker 8: The ball, small small boy, Yeah, holding the egg, A little boy holding an egg around the kitchen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I missed the sixth correct kitchen.
Speaker 4: You're so different then, are so difficult I missed like being able to just lack travel with food.
Speaker 3: You can't even do that anymore.
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: What do you mean food safety?
Speaker 3: Like like.
Speaker 8: Nobody is this a customs thing?
Speaker 7: Bringing produce from from Arizona.
Speaker 4: You can't drive with pasta. You can't go through customs with whiskey and oreos.
Speaker 6: You can't do well, that's it's the liquid thing, you know. I do actually remember pre nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: You know, I could bring a bowl of goofy soup, which is of course gumbo.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I brought a bowl of goofy soup right on the plane.
Speaker 2: And in the pot.
Speaker 7: You put a big pot on the on the conveyor pot. I put a.
Speaker 1: Big pot on the plane because, to be honest, this airplane food is not good.
Speaker 5: You know what a segment you are talking about, the screaming Monk new line was United.
Speaker 7: Yes you have to.
Speaker 4: I love this screaming monk roasted chicken meaning monk bento boxes.
Speaker 2: My favorite, and that you like the voice over.
Speaker 7: I can't believe you. The air marshals let that.
Speaker 4: Happen, And it's so fun to take a long flat and just hear the ows and different parts of the place.
Speaker 3: That girl opened her box a string chase.
Speaker 5: I love there's people watching a ticktok at full volume and then him's cleaning only sounds.
Speaker 2: Sorry bento boxes. Ex boyfriend Ricey Lunch, right right, I.
Speaker 1: Love ex boyfriend Ricey Lunch. It's sort of a love letter to a previous relationship. My boyfriend was from another country that.
Speaker 3: Couldn't have worked out.
Speaker 4: No, why didn't it work out?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: Mammy asked, Oh, my gosh, I mean he well, you don't have to answer.
Speaker 2: No. Walk it took you back to a place.
Speaker 6: It took me back to a place.
Speaker 1: He he had another woman in mind, can I ask? And I couldn't be her?
Speaker 7: Was this your famous food network ex boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Here we go, Yeah, Because I did want to get into a little bit of finger on the Pulse chef gossip.
Speaker 2: Let's talk.
Speaker 7: We love to gossip, as you all know, we love to gossip.
Speaker 6: We can get into it.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to spend so much of my life talking about him, because, of course I am working on an audiobook, of course, and so I I.
Speaker 7: Don't think you were going a podcast.
Speaker 1: No, it's a non print book that can only be heard, because that's how I best want to deliver this message. I was in a very public relationship in the late nineties with Emilio Legonto, and he was a chef who the blam guy, Blam blam guy. He was an authentic Italian chef who was on Food Network for a long time, and like I would hop in, I would guest on his show. Occasionally, rumors were swirling that we were dating. The rumors ended up being in fact true, and we had this footage leak of us.
Speaker 6: Having a terrible screaming match.
Speaker 2: He just kept on screaming blam.
Speaker 1: He kept screaming blam, and I kept saying what what what what?
Speaker 6: And he kept saying blam blam, blam blam.
Speaker 1: And but from the bottom of the skyscraper where it was being.
Speaker 4: Filmed, crazy, they got the sound this.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really finally Jones, don't get sound because you've got to deal with the drugs.
Speaker 7: My husband sent me a MIMI of this.
Speaker 8: It's it was not a meme, a meme the Flintstone kids in real life Blam blam and pebbles.
Speaker 2: It was very that's an awesome, awful mean.
Speaker 7: A big laugh about it. We had such a laugh.
Speaker 1: And I just want the best for chef and Milia. I want the best, very personal.
Speaker 2: Did you ever blame in the bedroom?
Speaker 1: He did blame in the bedroom. We called it the blame room because he blamed so much.
Speaker 2: Oh god, we.
Speaker 6: Called it the blame room.
Speaker 4: You guys think it's true. Do you think it's true that chefs are good lovers? Because I've heard I've heard the stereotape.
Speaker 7: Many a time.
Speaker 6: Honey, it's true.
Speaker 3: I've never touched a man or a woman or anything.
Speaker 6: Grandfather, you have grandchildren or.
Speaker 3: You don't shop?
Speaker 7: What is your deal? Did your gramma flat? What is your deal? What are you about?
Speaker 3: I was born a grandma and I'll be a grandma.
Speaker 7: I think were engineered it aloud.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hold pause for the episode for one quick second so we can tell you about something special that helps us and helps.
Speaker 6: You, Angela.
Speaker 1: Did you know there's a place where you could get bonus content and extra episodes and never before seen stuff and it's for the lo low price of three, five or ten dollars a month.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, And I could see these people that are putting on crazy voices, be themselves and have a funny conversation.
Speaker 6: And you could find out why Angela got us this gift for Christmas.
Speaker 4: For Christmas link in bio, join our Patreon right now, go there, right now.
Speaker 1: Do you remember any age before, like seventy five or did you click into consciousness?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: Y'all, y'all, y'all, I remember I did this. We had to talk about trends once and they had me, what's going on over here?
Speaker 2: I'm just putting my hand here.
Speaker 3: I was just can't really wear.
Speaker 7: Are you seasoning her? Season her? She's not gonna take. It's not gonna take. We've all wanted to see her.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna take.
Speaker 6: Season me. I will reject it. My body will reject it.
Speaker 2: It is the kayam is just shooting in my face.
Speaker 3: Okay, everyone go around that your favor and green about.
Speaker 7: There's no body eats.
Speaker 4: I think it is cereal.
Speaker 5: You're not allowed to anymore in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Big gossip surrounding you. I mean, I mean, these these are crazy that that you are going to be gay.
Speaker 5: To be gay, we heard you're planning on being gazed listen, said the wife of many grass except a husband of many restaurants. On every restaurant, on a dignitary warlow that I've cooked for, I.
Speaker 7: Sleep with their wife. It can become a thing. And before.
Speaker 2: That's just what you would do. It was my shot, this was my job to come in. I mean, you're true romantic, You're The way you talk about food is just so inspiring for all of us. The way can you talk about the way you talk about chicken.
Speaker 5: Then I think we all open up a chicken, and much like miss Lady told Bottom Sandy, Sandy, Sandy told lady, you open up a chicken. You see those big voluptuous care You see a white caping oil. You take, you tell, you take the hope and you tie this little nasty leg together. You take an olive oil and you harabit all of us chicken. And then at some point you do this on a cooking show on beebe S, b BBC ORB, and you know, you get a little she worked up on b BS and suddenly the kid cannot watch you anymore and you cannot live near.
Speaker 2: School because you pucked the chicken.
Speaker 7: I made love.
Speaker 5: I made love to the ingredient, which is what we all do do not make the chef driven vape juice?
Speaker 2: Do you not make love?
Speaker 7: I love? You're screaming one vape juice, screaming vape juice? Right, chicken.
Speaker 2: Vape juice? Someone, it's chicken.
Speaker 6: It's chicken. You made that.
Speaker 7: Its juice.
Speaker 3: It's chicken with buffalo sauce. Crazy add milk.
Speaker 6: Milk, milk. I loved inventing crazy add milk.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Okay, so you and chicken.
Speaker 2: You have a thing with chicken.
Speaker 4: Do you guys, have anything like an ingredient that you feel like in another laugh you were married to it.
Speaker 7: I keep having this recurring dream that I'm O God lost in Flavortown.
Speaker 6: I've got this dream.
Speaker 2: This is I think. I believe I have a working theory you become a chef because when you're young, you have this recurring dream where you're lost in Flavortown and I saw all of you different times on it's like the hill.
Speaker 8: I do kind of believe the flavor Flavortown is like back rooms for chefs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well well yes, because this happened.
Speaker 2: We listened to this, dast This is different. Chef happens.
Speaker 1: The dream always starts. You arrive in Flavortown with a map that makes no sense. You ask a meat ball for directions, it won't give it to you.
Speaker 7: I want to go back. Like I said, the train is a chicken wing.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, I never talked to anybody about this.
Speaker 4: And the conductor of that train that's a chicken wing is a is a lasagna standing up.
Speaker 7: Like this spaghetti.
Speaker 3: But the yes, right, I was.
Speaker 6: Just pretending to know what that is.
Speaker 3: Wait and then yes.
Speaker 7: And then you go to the hill made of.
Speaker 2: Mashed potatoes, mashed potato hill.
Speaker 6: This is where I get stuck.
Speaker 2: This is where I always get stuck. I crawl mashed potato Hill, and just when I think I'm gonna get to the other side, I'm back down at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Sisyphian task of walking up a mashed potato hill.
Speaker 2: All I can hear in the distance is damn, these bones fall right out.
Speaker 7: But wait, you guys have missed something.
Speaker 2: We've missed something last.
Speaker 7: Week before getting to the mash potato hill. Last week, I put on paninis as snowshoes.
Speaker 2: Now I got.
Speaker 7: Over the mash potato hills were on my feet. I got to the top, there's a lake.
Speaker 4: Of scampy white can I tell you this. I didn't use panines on my feet. I used capries a sale it's on my feet and.
Speaker 2: I slid down.
Speaker 3: I slid down to Flavortown hail.
Speaker 2: What's flavortown hell? Fun dip?
Speaker 6: No, I didn't tell you, guys. I didn't want to reveal.
Speaker 2: The secret, reveal it. This is safe.
Speaker 6: There was a bunch of blueberries.
Speaker 1: I strapped them to my feet and I snowshoed down around mashed potato mountain into a lake of goofy, goofy, goofy, goofy.
Speaker 7: It's probably fun. Might also be a Scottish rare bit which is very wide.
Speaker 6: What's surprising the one where you dip? What's the one where you read? I guess you could call it that. I think it's.
Speaker 3: Goofy goofy, Yes, I have goofy.
Speaker 5: Sure, I think I find the secret passage around the base. But then I am confronted with every dick, every duck that day, duck.
Speaker 3: Every duck that you subjected to cool take you met.
Speaker 5: In a line thet you duck, and they start flapping their wing and the crown it shake and shake, and then the voice at the boom they.
Speaker 7: Go put that on a flip flop.
Speaker 5: It was the most frightening thing of my life, a sentence, the most frightening thing of my It's.
Speaker 4: So crazy how different we could all be, but at our core we have the same dreams.
Speaker 5: And not once I'm on the top of mashed potato, what is left for me but lightning?
Speaker 2: Yes? Wow, beautiful.
Speaker 4: And then it always ends where all of a sudden, a blank and there's nothing around but a menu.
Speaker 3: It's just one big menu.
Speaker 2: And what does it say on the menu?
Speaker 3: It's blank.
Speaker 7: It's the sound of mirum. Yes, but did you hear them too?
Speaker 3: They're always there.
Speaker 1: They're always with us. I think if we stay quiet, they might be here with us now.
Speaker 2: Sorry, do you guys also have the dream with the big boobed woman tries to smother your face until you die Gla.
Speaker 8: Her name is, she's wearing that, she's wearing a racing jacket.
Speaker 7: She's wearing a racing jacket.
Speaker 2: She gets out her boobs, she goes, it's time for you to die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and her boobs are cinnamon rolls, and you go.
Speaker 8: Man, Tyrone has that one too, because he's straight. This answer the question. Now, that's why they call show business.
Speaker 7: Give it up for mythical Chef.
Speaker 4: Honestly the first prop ever brought on from a guest, so huge.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you what I am excited to smoke those because hell yeah, my wife went out of town and I am allowed to smoke cigarettes.
Speaker 7: I've decided when she leaves.
Speaker 3: O Yay, guys, thank you so much for watching. You can find our Patreon and you can find Josh. We'll link all his stuff. Give it up for the.
Speaker 5: Live and the beautiful type.
Speaker 3: Love you, guys, by Guy Bought Smokeman Things.
Speaker 1: Artists on art and so Artists on Artists is an improvised Hollywood roundtable podcast created and hosted by Kylie Brakeman, Jeremy Colhaim, Angela Girtana, and Patrick McDonald. It is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and I Heard Media Podcasts. Executive for by Matt Appadaka and produced by Alexandra Dennis and Laser Vision Productions. Music by Gabriel Ponton and edited by Connor McCain. Thumbnail art is by Josh Fleury and logo design is by Lucy Tomquinz. Special thanks to Samuel Curtis and the Beautiful Dynasty Typewriter Theater. The opinions expressed on this podcast do not reflect the opinions of anyone who works on it, not even the performers, because this is an improvised podcast and we.
Speaker 6: Don't know what the heck we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Full video versions of Aoaoaoa are available on YouTube, so please like and subscribe and leave us a five star review wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: That's all for now, good night, Hollywood.