Speaker 1: Hello and welcome. I figured it out, folks, I figured it out. I figured out the cure to all that ails anyone that has ever been ailed. I figured out the answer. You'll never believe it. All you have to do is go outside. There's a whole world beyond the door. There's a whole world outside of the computer.
Speaker 2: I me.
Speaker 1: I guess if you're watching this, you're watching this on the computer right now, or you're listening to it on your phone or whatever. But Hi, my name is Lyle. I'm a gecko guy. I'm filled with energy. I'm here, truly at my favorite place on the planet, Washington Square Park. I haven't done one of these in I think a year, and I'm filled with joy to be back at this location. Just you know, I love this place so much because is every kind of person walks by here. Everyone of every age, every race, every socioeconomic demographic. They all come buying into this melting pot of everything and everyone in one place. The energy here is immaculate. There there's Uh, this is great. It's good. So I'm I'm feeling happy. I'm feeling great, and uh, what I'm gonna do today is I'm gonna talk to some of these people. Why, And I'm gonna see what's happening with them in their lives. We're outside, the weather's good. There's a jazz band nearby. I don't know if you can hear it in the soundtrack of the thing, but yeah, it's a good place. It's got good vibes. Let's talk to some people. This is being a gecko at the park. Yeah, come have a Yeah, you have a crazy story, come here, sit down with you crazy by the way, I just want you to know and why. I don't know if I'm just gonna say it. Typically if you ever have a crazy story. This is just some advice I guess if you ever have a create, never tell people you have a crazy story, because now I have, I have high expectations.
Speaker 3: You know, what's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Lyle. What's your name?
Speaker 3: Austin?
Speaker 1: Austin. Nice to mess you, Austin. How's it going, man, how's pretty good? What's your crazy story?
Speaker 3: Long story short?
Speaker 5: I Uh, they put me in a cage in twenty nineteen, Oh Jesus, Yeah, and they were like, say you did it, you can go home. And I was like, I didn't do it, So let's go to trial. So they continue my case ninety days fifteen times, bro through COVID, so like I'm in Virginia Beach, Virginia, maintaining my innocence, waiting for waiting for trial, and they continue in ninety days fifteen times. I keep thinking I'm gonna go home in ninety days. So I come up with like ninety day programs to live, like the most optimal life ever. I'm like, yo, I'm gonna do push like meditate push ups, right, blah blah blah blah blah, do these ninety days and then go about my life. But then it continued, continued, continued like a like a soul breaking experience, dude. So when it was all said and done, I did one than three hundred and twenty one days.
Speaker 6: I left.
Speaker 5: I got released from Virginia. I moved up here with two hundred bucks and two outfits. I didn't know anyone, and uh, dude, I just tried my fucking hartist and like it's been a crazy, crazy ride.
Speaker 4: I have a million.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm sorry, I dad had a crazy story. You have a crazy story. The second of all, they okay, your sorry. Started with they put me in a cage. What is what does that mean? Who is the who is they? I guess you would say my ex girlfriend. Okay, I got I got engaged to a girl, and uh, griming me, I was still hooking up with my ex girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Not cool, but it's not illegal. Dude, don't put me in a cage. But I shouldn't have done that. That wasn't cool.
Speaker 4: Wait, so you gotta engage with a girl you're still looking over with your ex girlfriend? And then what do you mean by a cage like jail?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, wait so your ex girlfriend called the cops on you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, said I beat her up, and okay, then I bonded out. She went back down, said I grabbed her by the titties, and then I bonded out. And she kept making stuff up, mind you, before she pressed any charges. She I was calling my probation officer I sold drug smarly twenties.
Speaker 6: I really did that.
Speaker 5: But she's called my probation officer anonymously, trying to get me in trouble for two weeks, dude, And when that didn't work, she's like, all right, he beat me up, all right, he choke and like, dude, it was crazy. So like nobody knows that at first, so they they when all the dust settled, that was like three years later, and they were like, oh my god, this kid's innocent and he's been sitting here like this whole time because of COVID.
Speaker 4: Wait you were so you were in there for ninety days.
Speaker 3: No, No, I was in there for one three hundred and twenty one days.
Speaker 4: Oh fuck you. Oh you were in there for three years?
Speaker 5: Yeah, bro, more than three years. Oh fuck yeah. And they were telling me because of COVID. Uh yeah yeah, because they were like, my court day was in ninety days, right, So, like I said, I came up with ninety day programs to live the most optimal life. Ninety days would go around and they'd be like, yo, we got to continue it another ninety days. They did that fifteen times, brother, fifteen times. So they in my head, I'm like, I go home in ninety days. I go home in ninety days. Three years later, I was still waiting.
Speaker 1: So isn't there like a I mean, okay, so isn't there supposed to be like a trial and they like they wait, so they wait. So there wasn't even like a trial where you were like found guilty of a thing and then putting.
Speaker 3: A waiting for trial.
Speaker 1: You were held you were in holding waiting for trial for three yes.
Speaker 3: In Virginia Beach.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, that's that's like super illegal, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But they say because it was an act of God because of COVID, that it changed like the what's supposed to be constitutional rights, which is my right to a speedy trial, but that.
Speaker 3: That didn't count whatsoever.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 5: And then my dude, my public defender, who was my lawyer at Amanda T. Bowt year two, she became a prosecutor for the district. I was in the lady who was representing me prosecutor. I was like, you can't.
Speaker 3: Make this up.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So like it literally was like whatever can go wrong went wrong in this situation. And it was like such an eye opening experience. So like basically I trained myself. Bron Nelson Mandela has this really cool quote. They're like, how did you survive those seven years? He goes, I didn't survive. I prepared, So I just locked in for for four years. I came here and I just worked as hard as I fucking possibly could for as long as I possibly could.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't drink. Yeah, I used to party, bro, I used to have fun. I used to hustle, I used to sell blow like whatever.
Speaker 5: But now it's like I just tried my best to be that corny, hardworking dude that you always think that you might be able to be.
Speaker 3: I became.
Speaker 4: That's where you are now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 4: So what's your Yeah, what's your story now? Like, what are you up to?
Speaker 5: So now, if you can blank this out, that would be great. My company I had this event. There's these benches behind us, a bunch of kids.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: They designed a bunch of park benches to address like real world problems.
Speaker 3: It's actually super empowering.
Speaker 4: They're like, yeah, wait wait your company designed these benches. Yeah, that's your company.
Speaker 5: Oh the kids did student Institute of the Public Schools I work with. I work for a nonprofit and like we find.
Speaker 4: Wait do we need to blurt? Is this private information?
Speaker 3: Uh no, it's not private. We'll just keep it. I work for a good entity that helps people.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, it's I love it. Okay, we help kids and stuff. But yeah, my history though, is kind of suss. So I didn't want to endanger that or anything.
Speaker 4: Do people do people know about your history.
Speaker 5: H yeah, the ones that matter now, like other people, they kind of hear about it and then like I hope, I hope they ask, but people don't really like.
Speaker 4: Are you okay with being on the internet with this?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah for sure? Okay, all right, yeah, but yeah, it's just been wild, bro. And then I came here. I worked for this gym called Conbody shout out to coos Marte con Bud Conbody in the Lower East Side.
Speaker 3: It's like a prison style gym.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like the first job that I had. And then like it's just all been a dream, bro. The first client I signed it, this gym I ended up befriending, and then.
Speaker 3: Like he this is the job that I have. Now it's like all these little threads that I pulled.
Speaker 4: These strings that I pulled, Yeah, yeah, and it's.
Speaker 5: Just unraveled into this experience. So it's been it's been wild. I have a thing too, like if you if you ever want to come through and like.
Speaker 4: Refresh, what's your thing? What's your thing?
Speaker 5: I have a terrorist in my house and I have a sauna out there on an ice bath and a massage table.
Speaker 4: So you give a sauna a terrace and ice bath in your house?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and uh, where do you what.
Speaker 1: I mean, not your address, but how do you how do you have a sauna in your house? It's terrorists Like oh okay, okay, you're in a building that has all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, Well I just had it's my terrorists, like, not the buildings, it's just mine.
Speaker 3: Oh I got super lucky. I got super lucky. So I had this.
Speaker 5: Experience where you come through and like sauna, I teach people how to suffer.
Speaker 1: You teach people how to suffer. Yeah, how does what do you mean by that?
Speaker 5: Like have you ever heard the quote like how you do anything? It's how you do everything?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think like we low key have become like epicureans, like we all want to get our dick sucked and our clips licked, and we just seek pleasure, pleasure, pleasure, Like we we seek to live a life that is like, uh, it does not have any discomfort in and whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: And I think like we didn't really know what we were doing as we were building that type.
Speaker 1: Of like I mean, society wants to have a life without any Yeah, yeah, I feel I feel not I feel that Yeah, it's impossible.
Speaker 4: It is unfortunately impossible.
Speaker 5: So I find it's like very empowering if you just voluntarily learn.
Speaker 3: To get good. It's suffer like suffer with grace is what I like to say.
Speaker 5: So the sauna is like I just try and rewire how people experience discomfort. So like we'll be in the sauna and we'll be talking. Then we'll meditate, what do yoga, will ice bath and we'll just talk and just try and like reword this experience. I guess, like I don't want to lie to anyone or like like gaslight anyone, but just create opportunities to reinterpret this experience. Because like all of these symptoms good bad in between, they're all symptoms of existence.
Speaker 3: They should be celebrated.
Speaker 5: Like so yeah, sadness or pain, Like I know it's easy to say, but these are symptoms that you are alive and you are in this bitch.
Speaker 4: So but you ever, you know it's funny though, is like you ever? This is my thing?
Speaker 1: Is I feel like I constantly obviously you never really know what's going on with people and what I but you ever meet someone and you're like, I feel like the way you're living your life feels like it's so light, you know, and I'm like, oh, I wanna I want that. I want life to feel like it's light, like like yeah, like levity. I want life to feel like like sometimes life feels like heavy, emotions feel heavy all the time, you know. I mean, don't you ever don't you ever feel like you meet somebody, you see something where're like, oh, I'd like to live in that that levity that this person seems like they live in.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know, totally totally, man, Yeah, I can dig that for sure. It's just you never know what people got going on, you.
Speaker 4: Know, you never really know all these stories.
Speaker 5: And then like all these fronts and like it's just like you never really do you can we ever know what it's like to be a bat in a cave? Like you ever really know? Like you know, like I try and be positive and polite and shit, but I'm miserable.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. I'm not miserable, But are you?
Speaker 4: I do you feel now? I mean, you've been through some crazy stuff.
Speaker 5: Still fucking angry about it, Like I'm so mad because I'm just supposed to forget about it, like just call it a wash, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, that's what they that's what they.
Speaker 4: Expect me to. Did you ever get a trial or does that what happened?
Speaker 5: So a year three, they were like, yo, if you want a trial, you're gonna have to wait one more year.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I can't they just held you with a trial, brother, Yes.
Speaker 5: And they continue to continue. So year three, this guy was like, yo, if you want a jury trial, it's gonna take one more year.
Speaker 3: I was like, bro, I just want to go home.
Speaker 5: So I took a plea for a misdemeanor, like the lowest misdemeanor you could have, no time, no, no, nothing right. And I was like, dude, the only way I'll say I did this if it's no time, no, it's a misdemeanor, then there's no weird shit, you know what I mean. That's the only way I'll say that I did this. And then sure enough I did it. I went home and now I'm just like, bro, I'm angry about it, like I'm the only way that I can feel better about it is to become successful. Like the only way that I can I've realized the only way that I can put this behind me is if all that that happening was part of the reason that I became successful. Like, so I'm actively determining if I have regret or not through my day to day actions, which is really fucking weird to be honest.
Speaker 3: Like it's an everyday fight or whatever.
Speaker 5: And then you can't like run around and tell these people your problems because they'll bank your fucking nuts. So you just kind of have to deal with it on your own and just just try your best, like.
Speaker 3: You know, because it's probably a lot even come.
Speaker 5: Up to you and be like, yo, I just was in a cage you and push ups and fighting for chicken for four years. Like it's like people don't really know how to handle me sometimes. But thank you for your time, by.
Speaker 4: The way, Oh, thank you for your time.
Speaker 1: So what, So what does being a successful mean to you in this context?
Speaker 5: It's a good question, brother, to summarize, To break it down, I would just say that I gave more than I took in this lifetime, that I helped more than I was helped.
Speaker 4: That's your definition of success.
Speaker 5: That's that's my definition of success as of now, and that's that's probably gonna change, you know what I mean, Like I'm still learning things about myself and about the world. But yeah, just to be free, like to be able to take care of the people that I care about, to be able to help, to have the capacity to help anyone that I bump into, Like that would be my idea of success. Because we're we're gonna have regrets, is what I'm learning, Like all these wealthy people and mentors that I have, like everyone has regrets. I'm realizing we just have to pick the ones we're okay with.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: I think that's like the pencil didn't rule, It's what I'm gathering. So yeah, just just to be my optimal Austin.
Speaker 1: You know, do you feel like you are on the path to that or do you feel like you're on an upward trajectory towards becoming that version of yourself?
Speaker 3: Yes, But at the same time, like you never fucking know, dude, You just don't ever know.
Speaker 5: So, like, as certain as I can say I've exhausted every possibility to be sure in what I'm doing, yeah, yes I have. But at the same time, it's just kind of like who fucking knows, dude. I feel like it's a constant process of assessing, Like am I full of shit, am I being honest with myself?
Speaker 3: What did I mean by that? What did they mean by that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: And it's just like an everyday like tug a war kind and then not tug of war, but just like it doesn't stop. I don't think. I think this is just you just this till we die. So I don't know for sure.
Speaker 1: But huh no, I know, I know we do. We do kind of just do this until we die. That's so it's so stressful. But you know what's funny is it's it stresses me out that it's like, oh, we just do this and we die.
Speaker 4: But again, I see people.
Speaker 1: I see like older p I see people like I'm like, are bore we just talked to or like fot folks in the sixties seventies, and it's like.
Speaker 4: They're still doing it. And I'm like, all right, if they can do it for I'm like I can do it.
Speaker 5: You keep going and it happens in the blink of an eye. Like I could say, like I just did four years.
Speaker 3: And like to stay that.
Speaker 5: To anyone who has done time, it's like, oh my god, that's an insurmountable amount of time.
Speaker 4: I felt like, didn't feel like a long time ago.
Speaker 6: Bink.
Speaker 5: Really it felt like when you're going through it it takes forever.
Speaker 3: But now that I look back on my life, blink of an eye, Like.
Speaker 4: Have you I just watched this play? Uh Fear of thirteen? Have you heard of it? You should listen? You should actually listen to this. This is fuck.
Speaker 1: I literally forget the name of the guy, but it's based off a dude who was like falsely imprisoned for murder for like thirteen years.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Look at it. Yeah Bro.
Speaker 5: That's another thing is I've realized, like, if this has happened to me, it has to have happened to other people, dude. And the feeling that you have is like, bro, it's so fucking alienating, like you you can't talk to anyone about it. And it scares me because if there's masses of people who have been wronged like I've been wrong, Bro, I don't think everyone's gonna have the same reserve to like try and be the best version of themselves or help society bro like it. I I'm scared if there's people out there who have been wrong like I've been wrong and they don't they don't have that same mentality, dude, because it's dude, it's like so alienating, like you feel you're just mad at the world. You're like, bro, they got me and nobody gives a fuck.
Speaker 1: And like it's do you've had Do you have a support system nowadays? Do you feel like you have a good supports good like your friend's family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, not really, but like there's I have people, I have people who are there. But just like like I said, I came here. I came here and I didn't know anybody. I had an aunt in Prospect Park who hooked me up with an apartment.
Speaker 4: Well, how long have you been in New York?
Speaker 7: Again?
Speaker 3: I moved.
Speaker 5: I did burpies in a cell in Virginia January seventeen, twenty twenty three, and then I fell asleep and brook Park Slope, Brooklyn. That night, I took an Amtrak up here and then I fell asleep in brook New York that night. I think I got a peel bro with my job. But Bro, I would love.
Speaker 3: To talk again. I looked at your page you have You're really cool. Thanks for you and just here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank thanks, thanks for sharing your story.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate is there is the right if I put this on the on the computer.
Speaker 5: Study too, bro, and maybe I can chop it up again one day. Sure you can come work with me and help some kids or something.
Speaker 3: Bro, Sure, sure, sure movement.
Speaker 4: Anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just want to say, uh yeah, I believe in you and just fucking do it, man, Like no one's coming for you, No one's coming for us, no one's coming to save the day.
Speaker 3: We have to come for each other.
Speaker 1: What's your name again, man, Austin Lyle. Nice to meet you, Austin. Thank you, ma'am.
Speaker 3: And hope we cross paths again.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I'll uh, I'll uh, I'll see you on the universe.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, maybe maybe if I'm feeling in the right mindset, I'll take you up on that pain tolerance thing you got going on. All right, Thank you man, Thank you Austin. Appreciate you. Fascinating. That was very fascinating. I might I because I do agree with him on that thing of like pain being inevitable and kind of learning how to withstand it, you know.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: So yeah, maybe I'll go to this guy's Maybe I'll maybe I'll end up in some kind of fifty shades of gray situation or something. I don't know. I don't even know that means. I don't know why I said that. I haven't read that book or seen the movie or anything. But uh yeah, maybe I'll go to this guy's house and go into his sauna, ice bath or something.
Speaker 4: That was very interesting. Thank you again, Austin for sharing your story. What's up man? What's what's your name?
Speaker 7: Dude? My name is.
Speaker 4: My name is Robert, Robert. Nice to meet you, Robert.
Speaker 7: What are you?
Speaker 1: My name is Lyle. What are you up to at the park today.
Speaker 7: Well, I come to the park here because I enjoyed this park is a beautiful park. But I'm just chilling, enjoying the sites, honestly, smoking some weed.
Speaker 4: Cool, I had a drink.
Speaker 7: I'm just chilling. I'm enjoying. This park is very interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a beautiful play. Do you come here often?
Speaker 7: Yes? I come here every day right now. I'm one of the vacation Yes.
Speaker 4: Oh, where are you on vacation from just life? You're on vacation from life?
Speaker 7: Yes, you know, we're made the bill stress. I come here every day just to take a different view on life. I'm trying to the rat racial I con meet this and enjoy. I have to watch the artists, the individual people with their own businesses, people who might playing music, the chess play is the college students to events that go on. So this just make us enjoying the park.
Speaker 1: It truly is one of my favorite places on the planet. It's just it's it's fucking great. Wait, so what was the catalyst for for your vacation from life? There was a breaking point where you were like.
Speaker 7: The catalyst is, sometimes you go things in life. Life is not really that life is hard. Life can also be easy, and sometimes you have challenging issues that you facing. So I have some challenging issues and I just want to do something different. So instead of doing what I normally do and doing something difference, so I come to the park. So I've been coming here since last year just to do something different besides hanging out home and doing nothing, getting in trouble, doing every things I'm not supposed to be doing. So I come here. I met some new people with some new friends, and I'm just enjoying life differently today. Also, so the catalysis was I'm just had a breaking point where I just wanted to trust something difference, stopped doing the same routine I've been doing for many, many years.
Speaker 1: Was that scary to break out of your routine? Like, was there any fear behind it? Or was it like a natural thing?
Speaker 7: It's not scary. Listen, I'm fifty six years old. Well i'll be fifty sixtees July. I've been through a lot. But I'm a type of person I'm always jumping into different things. So it's not scary. Cool, I've revery. I'm ready adventurous in life. Like I said, one minute I could be here, one minute I could be there. You know, I've lived all over New York. I lived in Virginia, I lived in Upstate, I lived in Fairfield, North Carolina. I've been around. So I happens skipping jump all the time.
Speaker 1: And there's like, okay, So throughout your whole life, as you've been doing like the hop and the skip and the jumping, like intuitively, there's never been any fear. Like you're very intuitively able to like move from each life phase to the next.
Speaker 7: Yes, I just I just jumped into it. And things you gotta be you know, if I'm working, I'm making things happen. I'm doing stuff. You gotta make things happen. While you make them changes, you gonna have to move a few times, bad relationships, money flys. Uh. Sometimes you just gotta go go where life takes you to make it happen. You know, there's no I'm not fear. I don't have no fear of doing anything because I know that I'm able to do anything I wanted to put my mind to it. And I've been broke. Money comes around. I've had great jobs, I have great houses, i have great people in my life. Right now, I'm just focusing on me. But sometimes you just gotta take a plunge and see what happens. You know, if you don't try to the future, people actually have tried to do this, actually did that. I take chances, but you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Looking back on all of it.
Speaker 1: Do you do you have any regrets or do you feel like everything you did it you like at least tried to do everything you wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: I haven't tried to do everything I want to do, but I'm really happy with most of my life. Yes, I'm gonna happy with some things in my life, but you know, it is what it is, and I've had fun and I've learned. I got to be fifty five without a lot of major drama, so I'm happy. But I still want to travel more. Right now, I want to travel. I've never been on a plane, but I want to travel more and do two fifteens. But right now, yeah, I'm satisfied. It is what it is, and I made the best off. I got kids that have grown thirty five and probably thirty right now.
Speaker 4: Nice, nice man grand kids.
Speaker 7: I got a big family. But right now I'm by myself. But I've done anything I want to do. I'm happy. I'm blessed God. My higher power has blessed me. Man so nice. I make loud mistakes, but I'm trying to get back on track.
Speaker 1: What's your what's your higher power look like to you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like it's like a Do you feel like it's like a singular entity or just like like just the ships all together.
Speaker 7: It's beyond me, but I think we all connected and my you know, I'm not gonna be I'm a Christian. I believe in God, but I've been to my phases where you know, aliens and all types of stuff and history in the past how we were made. But I just want it's a higher power and we all connected, from the trees to the worms, for the ants, to the air we breathe, to the universe. We all connected some house some way. I think you we all consciously dig together and focus together, we'd be more powerful as the people. You know we have. We have a lot of separation with things, but you know, my high power was everything. He created everything, and he knows everything, and I'm blessed. I just have to make decisions. You know, you go left, you go right.
Speaker 4: How was it having kids?
Speaker 1: It's not I like thinking about a lot because like I'm I'm twenty eight, I'm approaching into like like in my I guess thirties and shit where I'm like, oh for at some point, like you're saying, like you gotta make decisions, and I'm like, I know I.
Speaker 4: Want to do it at some point.
Speaker 1: But it's it's it's like it's such a freaky existential thing.
Speaker 4: I'm very in my head about like how was it for you?
Speaker 7: Well, I was young, I was twenty going to twenty when him I had my first child. I wish, well everything was fine, but I wish I would have had so you you had a good age where you can plan it.
Speaker 4: I wish I would have planned Yeah, sure, Yeah, so.
Speaker 7: You went up playing. You want to play in your future. Man, you know, kids are it's a big responsibility. Excuse me. Raising the family is a big responsibility. And you want to have everything. You order, money, school goals. You want to have a plan. I jumped into it. It happened. I had to be responsible. But everything didn't work out like we're supposed to work out, unfortunately because people were young, so we made mistakes, and you know, I ended up playing chasuble for twenty something years. Yea, honestly, you know what I'm saying. But I still love my kids and we didn't work out. But you gotta make sure you have the right partner. You gotta make sure you connect with the right partner to have a kid, because you know, you want to be together. You want to be a family. So you don't want to be somebody that's not gonna work out. I want to get married. You want to do it right and hopefully somebody that loves you, you love them, they want to build together. Just don't have kids that have kids. Yeah, it's a big responsibility. It's another person on this earth that you're responsible for, and you want them to grow up and be successful in as well.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you've ever been it? Like, definitively you're one hundred, so you feel like you've ever been in love?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been in love with it. I was with a girl for I always say twenty she said eighteen the eighteen years, and I'm still in love. I still love her to this day. Her nickname was may Mae. My nickname was Chinky, and I love the lot she loved me. I still love her to this day. You know, there's been we haven't been together since twenty two thousand and eight. But yeah, I've been in love, deeply in love. Like I said, I still go. I still can't go a day without thinking about this. Girls. Really yeah?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 7: Do you.
Speaker 1: Feel like you will ever love again, like love another person?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because the love is in my heart. I love everybody. But I'm saying fall in love with another person. Yes, I have several relationships, and like I said, you have to find the right person to fall in love with it when it was connected with you. I did have when I blew it, but I believe there might be a second time around. I'm fifty fifty five going on fifty six right now, I'm not really focused on that, focusing on me, but in the future if it comes along, Yeah, I've love for the mature a woman, and I could uh bond waiting for the love and be happy and enjoy the rest of my days. Of course.
Speaker 1: Well, the person that you uh were initially kind of we're talking about, what was it that.
Speaker 4: Made you so in love with her?
Speaker 7: Everything? I mean, you build a bomb with the person, you know. At first it was really.
Speaker 4: Hey almost ran into us, so it was sut of love with me.
Speaker 7: But we just bonded. Man, We were we She was a pisces, she was one, she was the same age as me, a birthday in main streets, a couple of months in their own buddy. But yeah, we connected. Man. It was passion, it was love. It was mystery. It was a lot of other stuff going around with the family unit. But we stuck together, man, And you know, we at that young age, I didn't know what I was going. We didn't we didn't plan a playing a life together. But we just stuck together through all all the stuff that I her through. She didn't really put me through anything. But she was invited to die chicken. She just never went nowhere until I had to leave, and I left for two thiys and because I put it through a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: But you you were like you laugh for her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I was. You know, actually I have two kids not with that person. So sometimes women, for love and other different reasons, they'll put up with you because sometimes they don't have nowhere to go or reasons they're in and you know, uh, everybody's situation is different. So sometimes people tolerate with they have to tolerate when they don't want to because they're in the best situation. But we we fought, We went to a whole bunch of stuff. But I wish it would have been better. I wish I would have did that differently. I wish I would have married her and been faithful and did a lot of things differently. But you know, I don't know if I got out a track on that good question.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: You're making me think about just like uh now, you're making me think about love and life. And I'm like, I'm just like, oh fuck, I want to do Like I have this thing and I think a lot of young people have this thing where they're like, fuck, I want to do everything perfect, but it's like you.
Speaker 4: But you can't.
Speaker 1: And I just I'm having trub Like in my personal lif I'm having trouble like accepting that you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Perfect and it's the way you think. You know, you're going to try to think for the situation communication, what's best for you and the person. If it's you and the person, it's complicated, can say what's best for you and the kids? You know, are you selfish and you know it's it all about you? But you know everything nothing is perfect. Man, you gotta work through it. Make it work. Like life, you know, it's like sometimes you make mistakes and you gotta get back on track. And you know you got money, management, goals, work, bills, kids, food, It's a lot that goes with just life enough. You know, like you should not hear in a GUYE go suit with get go suit, like you know, I'm just saying, I know, I'm sure all your interviews not perfect.
Speaker 1: It's true now, it's true that these are not these conversations. You know, so just keep going, you keep going, you know, you keep going, You just keep going.
Speaker 7: There you go, you keep going.
Speaker 1: Do you have you ever like Okay, let me ask you this too, as of currently, do you have hope?
Speaker 7: Well? I have hope. Yes, it was many times I didn't have hope.
Speaker 4: That's all I was gonna ask. But that's what I was gonna ask, is in the past did you not have hope?
Speaker 1: And then in those moments where you didn't have hope, how did you regain the hope?
Speaker 7: Well, if you knew my whole life story, I went through ups and downs and depression is part of my life. You know. Drugs and alcohol can put you through a spin.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So it's many times where I had no hope, many times where I want to die. Yeah, many times I asked my man upstairs and go with you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: He said what he said, what tomorrow morning?
Speaker 7: Don't wake me up tomorrow morning?
Speaker 4: Oh God, God said, don't you saw you said to God, don't wake me up to morning up.
Speaker 7: In the morning. You know, I say life is hard. I said, nothing is perfect, and you go through charging tipulations. You have to be strong and it's real mentally, physically, spiritually. You know, you gotta have family, you have to have to support because sometimes you do lose, so people lose their job. It's hard out here. You know, people got bills, it's hard out here. So you have to stay positive. Man. I always have a positive image, but there there's been times where I didn't want to get out of bed. You know, I've tried. I've tried those attempts several times because I was in a real big rep. But you know, sometimes you go through it. But like you said, you gotta keep it going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta keep it going.
Speaker 7: But some people snap.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: You got people here killing their own families and shooting up everybody else, and you shooting schools and going crazy. But you gotta keep pushing through something.
Speaker 4: And sometimes I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: But even in those moments, I'm like, you get a little air bubble that tells you, like you just gotta keep fucking keep.
Speaker 4: Moving, keep moving, you know, yeah, keep moving, Yeah, keep moving.
Speaker 7: At the same time, you gotta have a goal, you gotta you gotta have a plan, and you gotta, you know, follow through what you're playing. Nothing's gonna happen if you don't make it happen. And I guessaid there's gonna be some ups and downs, but you gotta keep pushing.
Speaker 4: So what do you have a plan for?
Speaker 7: Uh, no plan. I'm just going that's my life going.
Speaker 4: Cool, cool man, honestly cool man. Do you have like friends at this park? Like people?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a whole section of people are sitting on a basis day and everybody is different from different backgrounds, cool, different situations, and they love each other. Man, they got feed each other and sure enough, So yeah, I love this park. I met a lot of people. Gets that from the chest tables to overhead, to the dance people over there, to the past drug addictkes you to be of Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know its pro you know, to the artists, to the musicians, to the people with their new businesses. And I meant it's a lot of people out here. People just come through old young ages.
Speaker 4: It's the best. But how long have you do you?
Speaker 7: I'm I'm sorry, I coming back from the last since last year?
Speaker 4: How long have you lived in living in New York?
Speaker 7: For I been born in New York, born in Harlem, born in Harlem, raised and once uh and Douglas probably Stad one hundred third Street, Columbus Avenue in every Boro, Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, queens. I'm over so I'm I'm a staple to uh New York and I love New York.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like New York has uh changed significantly? Because well, because it's it's funny because and I've talked about this a lot on this show, because I do this in the park pretty often. Is like, uh, this obviously whatever technology and you know, uh, things change or whatever. But like the essence of like like people from all over the place gavi ring to be amongst each other. Seems like it is like the driving the thing that drives people to New York. It seems like it's still here. Do you feel that word? Do you feel like it was different?
Speaker 7: New York is New York. New York is always gonna be the best, say to come to no matter what you know we have. New York is just the greatest. I mean, And we have gotten better, you know, for ee checking, she's gotten better. Uptown, It's gotting better. They have more patis, things are building up, They've got more paces. Go see. Look, you know what I'm saying, Like New York's can always be number one. New York is always gonna be the best of you to beat, no matter what all the other states. I'm sorry, but New York is number one. Other people have come up. New York is always gonna be the best one. It's just so much to do in New York. See, you can said, the people just just just the vibe in New York. East Borough is different, and it's just it's just so much to do. So, you know, come to New York. Love New York. Sometimes I want some quiet, but I live in a quiet block, so I can stay home, but I love to come out and see people. Even though people can be rude, disrespectful and you know, just you know, just evil. But then you have a lot of good people in New York too. If you go down South, people say hi, good morning, they welcome you to New York. Don't do that. Anybody has a serious face. There's no there's no there's no what is the what I'm looking for?
Speaker 4: Fake politeness, sir.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's no real politeness around the New York.
Speaker 4: But it feels real. It feels like a real place.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what you mean, it feels really New York is really It could be crime, mugging, drugs, fight in New York. Yeah, and the next the next is gonna do it this year nixt on the road. I just wanna say one thing. I'm sweat and sitting in the sun and I'm hot. My man got on the deco suit and I'm sweating. I know he's in here. Sweat.
Speaker 4: My body is adapted to be in this. What's your name again, Robert? Robert?
Speaker 1: Dude, Robert, thank you very much for sitting down talking to me, and I really appreciate it. Is there anything else you want to say to the people before we go?
Speaker 7: Support? Uh, talk to you, talk to support, talk to a real gecko?
Speaker 4: Thanks man.
Speaker 7: Anybody high fromed me up?
Speaker 4: I'm wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Robert. I appreciate your time. Man, Thank you very very much. Hope you remember if you get it out of use my money, we'll get it to you, see Robert.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: That was great. Oh that was perfect. That was amazing. Thank you so much, Robert. Oh that was great. I was good. Oh man, I remember why, I remember why I like doing this so fun, so great. Oh man, shout out Robert. What a fucking o. G Hey man, you want to talk to a gecko about life? It'll be fun. Yo, dude, you got an ice cream right now? Where we're did you get this ice cream at?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Cool? Wait, this is dude, this ice cream is severely melting right now.
Speaker 6: I don't know why they gave it.
Speaker 4: To me, like what they gave it to you like that.
Speaker 10: And in mind you, he didn't give me a paper towel or a napking. So I had to come all the way over here, and then there was a stand and I had to ask some random lady for it.
Speaker 1: They just okay, these people, they just gave you a melted ice cream already.
Speaker 10: Honestly, yeah, you see, and it cost me ten dollars for like three schools.
Speaker 1: You know what You're like, you're like the chillist guy ever, because you it really feels like they handed you this melted ice cream, and like nine out of ten people would be like, yo, what the fuck is this? But you kind of seem like you're a chill enough guy that you're like, all right, I guess that's what I get.
Speaker 10: I mean, honestly, that's how you gotta look at life for selfie.
Speaker 4: You really feel that way, Yeah, that's how.
Speaker 6: You gotta it's melting you mind if I drop?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, you feel like that's how you have to look at life.
Speaker 10: That's really how you have to look at life itself. You know, you can't really not everything is a big deal, you know, the same way how I left there and I came over here and I got a paper towel and some random lady.
Speaker 6: You just got to go about life like that.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't get this, You don't get uh triggered very easily by life's things.
Speaker 6: I do, I do, I do, I do.
Speaker 10: But I feel like I'm just at a point in life where that's that's that's not all I look forward to.
Speaker 6: You know, It's like it's life.
Speaker 10: Life itself has so much things to offer that I really look at it from a point of view of why would I let a little situation really affect how the rest of my day will go?
Speaker 1: You know, when was the last time you can remember, metaphorically speaking, that life handed you a melted ice cream cone?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's that's a good Honestly, I would say for sure the whole year of twenty.
Speaker 4: Five, why it was going on.
Speaker 10: Honestly, I was just dealing with a lot, you know, yeah, not financially, but just mentally yourself. You know, I haven't seen my mom in over like what sixteen years and then I was dealing with a significant other, you know, and then just to self school and then having a the worries of feeling like you're not really moving forward in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, do you feel like, I mean, okay, compared to that time, do you feel now like you're moving forward in life?
Speaker 10: Honestly, you would think a whole year would be something. You would think that a whole year would be you know, past past a whole year, I would change, But it's like some days you just wake up and you still feel the same, you know. Yeah, And honestly, it's all about me trying to change who I am because the person that I was before is not the person that I want to be moving forward. So it's just a sense of me trying to better myself that as I'm really starting to feel like who am I, you know, trying to figure out who I am?
Speaker 4: So to you, what's the answer to that question? Like who? What is the ideal version of yourself?
Speaker 10: Honestly, I'm a person that like to help others. I'm a person that likes to be there for other people. I'm a person that, you know, just I like to be isolated that's one thing that I learned about.
Speaker 6: Myself this year.
Speaker 4: You like to be isolated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's one thing that I.
Speaker 1: Thought you're You just said two contradicting things. You said, like to be there for other people like that, but you like to be isolated.
Speaker 10: Okay, let me go more in depth about it. Right, when it comes to like when it comes to like helping other people or just helping problems, like problems yourself. I like to be there for other people, but when it comes to like my own personal problems, like I tend to just like isolate myself or like I'll go for a walk, or I don't I don't like to, you know, talk to people about stuff.
Speaker 4: Do you have a lot of friends?
Speaker 6: I do have friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you see, Okay you have I'm trying to I can't buy that.
Speaker 4: You're like, are you lonely?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, no, no, I'm not lonely.
Speaker 4: You seem like if you're connected in some way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course, you know.
Speaker 10: I have friends, I have family members, and you know, I'm always connected.
Speaker 6: But it's like.
Speaker 10: Being around people for too long, like I said, you could tend to really lose uh self love self away. I feel like as a human being, you should really just take time to yourself, even if it's like a week or whatever, days, hours or whatever, just take time to yourself and really just have your own self reflection, you know, self isolation. That's the best thing that you could really do for yourself.
Speaker 1: When was the last time you took a period of self reflection?
Speaker 6: That's a good question. I feel like I always do even now.
Speaker 10: Honestly, I'm on break with work and stuff, so I'll just walk around really just taking nature and think about life and just where I want to be and where I'm going and where I'm at.
Speaker 4: What are you doing in the park here today?
Speaker 10: I mean I was just passing by, but I just sat down and I said, it's a nice day, everybody's outside. Why not just sit down and just eat ice cream? Reflect my life?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, you mentioned problems with the significant other. Are you still with this lady? Are you with a new lady?
Speaker 4: Are you dating?
Speaker 10: It's a long it's a long, complicated story.
Speaker 4: Okay, if if it's a whole thing, you don't want to put it on a TV show. Whatever, it's okay.
Speaker 10: It's just the best thing that I could really say is having self accountability. They really take you far in life. And also you know, just accepting your wrongs and yeah, but besides that, I've been I've been single for like what eleven months?
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, how's the single life?
Speaker 10: It's boring, man, This is the first time in the while that I haven't, like, you know, really taken the time to like meet new people or being in a relationship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's new to me.
Speaker 1: You know, relationships are tough, but it truly is a damned if you do, damned if you don't. Yeah, exactly, there is no path, there is no if you're in a relationship, it's like, okay, now you have to it's.
Speaker 4: A lot of work. Yeah, So like, uh.
Speaker 1: Because now you're because you can because when you're alone, you can.
Speaker 4: Just be a piece of ship and you can just like be whatever you are.
Speaker 1: But then when you have like someone else like to get checking you, like, no, you have to, like you're you're a big part of someone else's life, so you have to now be a better version of yourself, whereas if you're just alone, there's no accountability to be a better version of yourself, you know.
Speaker 10: And it's it's also about having to be president too. Like constantly, Yes you have to be president another person. Yeah, you can't just zone the fuck out.
Speaker 6: You can't just zone out.
Speaker 10: And that's what I'm saying, Like, in order for you to like really be truly in a relationship or be in a relationship where you better each other, you first have to really find out who you are at first. You know, know who you are and know what you like, know the type of person that you want to be in a relationship. And I feel like that's the reason why I've really taken this long of a period of not being in a relationship because I don't want to be in a relationship where it's like the same thing with peace of self and knowing the type of person that I am. I feel like if a problem, do cause it's probably gonna come for me. But so I'd rather not put myself in that predictament or put the other person in that predictament. So I gotta better myself before be in a relationship basically, But.
Speaker 1: The whole thing of like knowing who you want to be, because I feel like you sometimes you like you meet people, you fall in love, whatever it is, and then by that process you discover more things about yourself. That's how it felt about relationships and stuff. Is like I've learned. I learned more about myself. I learn more about like what I'm capable of and what I like, and I also learn more about like oh fuck, I'm not. You learn, you learn, You learn both things that you didn't know about yourself that are good and that are bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know. And then that's that's that is very true.
Speaker 10: And that's what I'm saying, Like, you know, I feel like my bad outweights my goods really, so that's the.
Speaker 6: Reason why I really need to isolate myself.
Speaker 1: But when you were in a relationship with this lady, right, did you ever have points where you were like, oh, I didn't know I could be that guy, like in a good way, you know, like any like any times you're like had to like she kind of forced you to like step up in some way or she forced you to like be some way where you were like, oh, I don't know I could even do that.
Speaker 10: I mean yes and no, because yes, because I always knew that I could be a better version of myself in a relationship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So that's that's the yes.
Speaker 10: No, because I'm not the type of person that like to be pressure to, like, you know, like go out of my way and stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I feel like I get you. I got you, man.
Speaker 10: I mean, but I feel like a relationship, if you're going to be in a relationship, you should always have a future.
Speaker 6: Version of an outcome that you want.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, Like go into it with a plan.
Speaker 10: Go with it with a plan, you know, because if you're just going into it just to go into it and see how it goes, it's not really gonna go anywhere.
Speaker 4: What's your name again, man, my name is Well, let's listen. I'll let you get back to that.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the ice cream right now, and it's just like the top, it's fully melted. It's just a cup of ice cream juice. I mean, I if I were you, I would still like I would drink the cup of melted ice cream.
Speaker 4: Is that what you're to do? You're gonna still consume whatever that is? Okay?
Speaker 6: Cool, I'm not gonna let let it go for waste, dude.
Speaker 4: That's life.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Sometimes life gives you a melted ice cream cup and you're like, we're gonna roll with this.
Speaker 6: I mean, I got a one question for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please.
Speaker 10: Being that you interview a lot of people, right, What's something that you take away from me?
Speaker 4: What's something I take away from it?
Speaker 1: If I could be completely honest about that, the more I interview people, and the more I expand myself outwards, I actually feel like the less I know, I really do feel that, the more I'm like, Oh, there's no right answer to anything. Everyone has their own perspective and their own thing that works for you. Which I can conclude from that that you are, in some way, shape or form, the decider and maker of your own destiny because you have no there is no objective right or wrong to say, visions by which to.
Speaker 4: Hold yourself too. I think I understand if that makes sense.
Speaker 10: It makes perfect sense, you know. I mean, well, I hope you keep going. Thank you, that you grow from this.
Speaker 1: Thank you all. It's nice talking your chill, fucking dude, I'm sure whatever. I hope you achieve all your dreams. Man, one day, one day, life's gonna hand you a fucking nice, firm, hard, fucking uh scoop of ice cream.
Speaker 4: You know none of this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you a do. I'll see you around the universe. Take care of man, you too. Man, No, don't worry. Don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. Take care of man. For the For those listening on the audio version, he got up and the ice cream just melted all over these these wires that I have. It's gonna be a little harder to get someone to sit down on the chair now because, uh, there's a little bit of melted ice cream not on it, but like near it. But uh, it's okay, we'll figure that out. Do either of you want to talk to a gecko about life?
Speaker 4: Here? Have a seat.
Speaker 1: Hi, what's your name? Mush mushfirat, listen to me?
Speaker 4: You mush for rap? No, that's okay.
Speaker 3: What do you What do you eat?
Speaker 4: And you got a sandwich?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 4: Oh you got a hot dog? A hold dog.
Speaker 2: I'm from Britain, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, from Britain. Wait, you've never had a hot dog? Wait, I'm about to watch you. I'm about to watch wait, this is a wait, hold on, this is I'm about to watch a person who's never eaten the hot dog before eat a hot dog. Okay, I mean, I I mean you know this is a big deal.
Speaker 4: I'll let you go. You're on pace. But I'm I'm ready, all right, let's hear it, let's see it.
Speaker 1: Thoughts, it's a bit celting, It's nice.
Speaker 4: What are you doing? What are you doing here? From?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: From from Britain, from London, from London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm interning with these girls.
Speaker 4: Girls. Oh cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm just interning for like three months. I'm gonna be here for five days and then I'm going.
Speaker 4: After And uh, what do you think of New York so far?
Speaker 2: Unique?
Speaker 3: It's really unique.
Speaker 2: London is that kind of similar with sub boys and anything. But I feel like New York City has look at you. You wouldn't see this in London.
Speaker 1: My my understanding of London is that, oh, there's police officers here. This is the one every time I go and do this, I get kicked out of wherever I am. But this is the one place I never get kicked out, So I don't get as anxious when I see police.
Speaker 4: Sorry. So I feel like we have a bad rap bad in London. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't like you guys.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, yeah, but this is your first time in America.
Speaker 2: No, I love it. I thought I was like, I love I love the subway. I love how people saying yeah, people stressed up like you. I love that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I love it so much. And what's the what company you're in turning at?
Speaker 2: It's a company to be confidential so comedies?
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, sure.
Speaker 2: But yeah it's just a normal company.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, well okay, so what are you gonna do in DC? What's the plan? So DC?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be working there for two moms as finance, some even finance. Yeah, all I can say this is an aerospace company that's about air, but not too much.
Speaker 1: So you seem fairly underwhelmed by the hot dog. It seems like it's not exactly changing your life.
Speaker 2: No really, no, it's plain. Yeah, I'm not gonna know.
Speaker 1: Someone just said someone just yelled at her from off screen. You need to save the hot dog. We need it for the picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah what the picture?
Speaker 1: What's this picture? So basically you're making content. Everyone here is making content.
Speaker 2: We need to help with that.
Speaker 4: Okay, you might help with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, taking a picture for a company, and whoever wins, it's basically between groups and you have to get the best New York picture.
Speaker 1: You're the best that I'm so okay, I'm honored so this, so we'll take a picture yeah.
Speaker 2: With the hot dog, and we're gonna take a picture with them as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, of course, yeah, of course, okay, cool, all right, well let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's see the arch in.
Speaker 2: The back too.
Speaker 11: Okay, cool, Okay.
Speaker 1: We are taking a photo with a bunch of people we're helping. So this is like us, this is like this is like a scavenger hunt that we're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we need the bag.
Speaker 4: We'll do one more. We gotta get say three T.
Speaker 2: One, just all die love three T one.
Speaker 4: Oh this is perfect, we got you got the cow guy in it.
Speaker 3: Too, exactly.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah, thank you so much for the interview.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, is there anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: I love New York City. You guys should visit here from anyone from non then come to New York City.
Speaker 4: Come America.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful. Yeah, thank you very much. Did appreciate you. A good day, enjoy the hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Going on?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: Man, So you're you're in a you got a cow outfit on? And what is the occasion for this cow out.
Speaker 3: So NBA Game one of the finals tomorrow night.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to get five hundred cows outside MSG for the watch party. You know, after the game, all the fans are on Seventh Avenue going nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're trying to get five You're trying to ge five hundred people cows.
Speaker 3: A herd of cows?
Speaker 4: Why a herd of cows?
Speaker 12: To be honest, I came to I think game two of the first round just by myself as a cow because I was like, I want to make some content. I've been doing content for about a year, and so I showed up as a cow because my parents were cows at Halloween back in like eighty six at Penn State or something like that, and so I asked him. I was like, Hey, do you have anything ridiculous I can wear for the game. They're like, yes, we have a cow costume for you.
Speaker 3: So I wore it.
Speaker 12: I got on the Jumbo Tron, made some videos. They did pretty well, and so I wore it to a couple other events after that, and then heading into the finals, I knew that, you know, the final, the Knicks Finals is the biggest thing that's happened to New York sports in the last ten years since the Giants won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: So I figured, let's go big or go home.
Speaker 12: Let's get five hundred cows by time, maybe game four roles.
Speaker 4: And how many cows have you recruited so far?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 12: I have a group chat on Instagram of about one hundred cows.
Speaker 4: I'd say, okay, I know, how did listen? Man, listen.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the ambition of trying to get five hundred people, but one hundred's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how did you recruit? How did you recruit those people?
Speaker 3: I'd say, I know personally maybe half of them.
Speaker 1: You know, you know fifty people you know you no, no, no, this is you know fifty people who are you're close enough with that you can convince them to dress up as cows.
Speaker 3: Or at least verbally verbally verbally.
Speaker 4: Confirmed that they were okay. So we'll find out, Yeah you got.
Speaker 1: You gotta imagine that of the one hundred, at least, you know, at least a thirty percent of them will bail.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm said my expectations low, Like, there's a chance that four people show up tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But if you get.
Speaker 1: Four people, if you have four friends who are willing to be dressed up in a costume for you, that's pretty good. Where are you getting these costs? Like everyone has to because there's a financial commitment. I mean this, how much money do you think this costume is?
Speaker 3: I tell you about seventy maybe?
Speaker 1: Okay, this guy buys fucking animal costume. Yeah that's you know, that's a big buy in. Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 12: So I've been doing content for about a year now. I started with a podcast, and over time I was like, I want to do more man on the street type of deal.
Speaker 1: And I see you got a microphone with you. We're on your we're on your podcast. What's the microphone say?
Speaker 3: Let me see.
Speaker 12: I was a kicker in college and I started a podcast around about like niche athletes in sports, cool man whatnot. And then I me and my buddy that's behind the camera over there, we went to a celebrity golf tournament last summer and we started interviewing athletes at the tour and I was like, I love the man on the street type deal. It's a lot of fun, it's entertaining. I kind of like to be in the mix.
Speaker 1: So it's I'm not done with this cow thing. So how did you recruit those hundred peep? The other fifty like just random volks.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So when it first started, I opened it up and I put some of my story and I said, whoever wants to join the group chat, I'm trying to get a hurd of cows together. Gave my initial pitch, and then about five people joined, and I was like, hey, spread the word. Tell your buddies, like, let's get them as many cows as we can. So of the five, they brought on maybe five more of their own buddies than it grew a twenty five. And then I just invited a bunch of celebrities, some of them have probably never opened a chat in the last couple of days, but it's all good.
Speaker 3: You gotta shoot your shots.
Speaker 12: And then over time it got to about eighty five i'd say, real people, and then fifteen or celebrities that I just invited to the chat.
Speaker 3: They probably never look at.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, So you got them out eighty five real people, and everyone's gonna buy their own costume. Everyone's throwing in the seventy bucks yeah for the costume.
Speaker 12: This is forty bucks off Amazon, So I here, this is forty yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So at first I threw I told everyone I was gonna buy the cow costume.
Speaker 3: So that was when it was like four people in.
Speaker 1: This that was Yeah, that would have been you're yeah, you're out like what four thousand dollars?
Speaker 12: Yeah, if I were to, but I'm I'm not at that point yet. So I said, I'll throw in the Amazon link. Whoever can do it would love to have you.
Speaker 3: Let's hurt up.
Speaker 4: Let's okay, okay, all right? Cool man? So and when is uh? When? When is the next thing?
Speaker 3: When is the next game?
Speaker 12: One of the finals of tomorrow night at msg OH playing is to congregate before the game at around The game's at eight thirty, I believe, So we'll get there at like six.
Speaker 1: This will come by the way. I just I don't want you to waste your breath. This episode is coming out way after that. This episode is coming out, so you so we'll find out. Yeah, if you were able to pull it off, well, okay, I'm up the opinion that if you can get if you can convince one other person, I mean again, Jesus had what thirteen followers.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 1: If you can convince you know, four other people to dress up in a costume, that's pretty good.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, Yeah, absolutely, I think after game one, if we make some noise, who knows, maybe a bar store one of the major news networks gets the word out, and then maybe by game two we double and go from there, so we'll see cool man.
Speaker 1: Well look, I'm just saying this, like, you know, it's exciting to chase the numbers and be like, oh, we'll double it. But God, I'm telling you, if tomorrow ten people show up wearing that cow costume, just fucking be like, Wow, that's sick. Absolutely, you gotta be because if you can't be stoked with whoever is yeah, with your thing, you won't be stoked when there's you know, eighty billion people.
Speaker 12: No, Yeah, absolutely, And I was having fun just doing it by myself, you know, last week, two weeks ago, so everything else.
Speaker 4: Who is this camera guy? How do you know? You're a high school friend?
Speaker 3: One of my best budds from high school.
Speaker 12: Last summer he came with me to the Lake Tahoe golf tournament and we had a ton of fun. We were we must have walked fifteen miles every day during a three day tournament, doing a bunch of videos. And then we both graduate from school about a week and a half ago.
Speaker 3: From high school from college.
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yes, sir so, and then he was like, you know, I love to maybe hop on with you full time. So actually our plan is we're gonna fly out. He went to San Diego State for school. I don't know if we can disclose that, if that's all right. Yeah, So we're going out there and we're gonna he drove out to school at the start of the year, So we're gonna fly out there and then drive his car all the way back home.
Speaker 3: Do like a ten day road trip across the US.
Speaker 4: Did cool? Doe. Honestly, you guys seem like you're living a good life.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Just enjoy the fucking present.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You guys got good lives. Yes, sir, what's your name? Man, I'm Nick Nick. Nice to meet you. Nick.
Speaker 1: I hope that uh, I hope everything goes well with your your cow Endever, let me how do I how do I figure out? If this worked? What do I Where do I go? Yes, I'll let you do a plug go ahead?
Speaker 6: If is it?
Speaker 3: Is it going?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I guess I'll do double mic here.
Speaker 12: But yeah, so nich So on Wednesday, tomorrow night, we're getting herd of cowsgether The goal originally was five hundred. We'll just see how many we can get tomorrow before the game, congregating.
Speaker 3: Who's ready to utter up?
Speaker 1: I like that utter up? Yeah, okay, I'll sign off on that. I'm not gonna be there, but i'll sign off.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you have mootion?
Speaker 4: Do I have mootion? Uh? Sure?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a low steaks thing to have. Yeah, I'll accept that. I'll be on this. That sounds I don't. That doesn't sound like a strong like position where it's yeah, okay, Yeah, that's a low stakes commitment.
Speaker 4: To have motion. Yeah, I'll have motion.
Speaker 3: You do, all right?
Speaker 4: Nice me, and let's meet you too.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Take care Nick, thanks man, thanks for coming. Thank you, man, appreciate it. Have it going, guys.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk to one more person. Have a seat, have a seat, my friend. What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: What's your name? I'm Ezra. Nice to meet you, Ezra, nice to meet you. I'm familiar with your content.
Speaker 1: Oh, swag, swag? How's uh? How's your life going?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 8: It's all right, you know, okay, classic day, beautiful day, beautiful day, son son out.
Speaker 4: What are you doing here at the park today? I'm I'm meeting with a friend. How do you know this friends?
Speaker 3: High school?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yeah, are you in high school?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: You met him in high school?
Speaker 1: Do you remember what the situation was, what the context was that you met this friends?
Speaker 3: In class?
Speaker 4: Do you remember what the class was?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a seventh grade humanities?
Speaker 4: What what is humanities?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: English?
Speaker 4: Reading?
Speaker 6: Okay? History?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And uh, well, do you remember what it was about this guy that first attracted you to him, that made you feel like you wanted to be his friends?
Speaker 8: I remember him being a very nice guy, very forthcoming. You know, he has a great sense of style, kind of looks like a mob boss.
Speaker 4: Really, where is he?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 4: He's not here? Yeah, this is wait that way. Can you come here for a second.
Speaker 1: I just you don't have you don't have to talk, but you can you crouch that you actually have a great you?
Speaker 4: Do you look like this all the time? Really?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 4: Can you? I'm sorry? Could you guys share? Do you want to be on the thing?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Cool, dude, you look awesome?
Speaker 3: This awesome?
Speaker 4: You got like a Tony soprano vine.
Speaker 3: That's my ship. I love that show.
Speaker 4: What's your name, Nicky? Nice to meet you, Nikki dude.
Speaker 1: Wait, you you two have two completely different you guys both look very different though, really tell me more, But do you feel like opposite attractive?
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 9: I like talking to people that are different from me. It's more interesting, you know.
Speaker 1: And are you uh so? Are you guys both in college right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you like?
Speaker 5: M y u?
Speaker 3: No, we're from here. We're from the city.
Speaker 4: You're from the city. Okay, cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're both upstate for college.
Speaker 1: What's your deal? Who are your parents? What's your deal? You feel something to you? I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 3: It's a chef.
Speaker 9: My dad's in a lot of businesses. Actually, I'm sure he is. And my mom's a teacher.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I know, I gotta get another chair. His dad's in the mafia. His dad seems like he's in the mafia.
Speaker 9: A lot of different businesses. You know, he's in a lot of different businesses. He's not in the mom though.
Speaker 1: And so what are what are you training to become in college? What is your what is your goal for college?
Speaker 9: I kind of want to do law, like a criminal defense criminal defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, help out some of your homies in the mob, help with some of the wise, guys. You know what's funny. I don't know if this is related. Have you ever played the video game? This just happens to be the video game I'm playing at the moment. Is if you're played Phoenix right Ace Attorney. It's a it's a video game about a defense attorney. That's the only reason it came up to me. So if you're if your homie is in trouble, would you defend him?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you gotta stick by your friends, never betray your friends.
Speaker 4: Nice man, Nice, What are you guys about to go do?
Speaker 9: We're about to take our other friend shopping for his prom suit.
Speaker 3: We gotta do him right. We gotta make sure he's dripped out for a senior prom.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, you guys are like you guys have a good friendship together.
Speaker 4: This is really sweet. Thanks nice, This is nice. What's your name again? I'm Ezra, Ezra, Ezra.
Speaker 1: Well, before we go, is there anything that you feel like you want to tell the people about friendship? What have you learned about friendship through being friends with this cool looking guy?
Speaker 8: I think that I've learned friendship is one of the most important things in life, especially you got to become friends with the the mob type that people like that, you know, the people that can benefit you later in your life if you get into some kind of trouble or something, and uh, it's just about I think friendship is just about friendship, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nikki, you got anything? Is that get away?
Speaker 7: Nikki?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nikki is do you have anything you want to say about friendship? Nikki?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 9: And in life, there's nothing more important than friendship. You gotta stand by your friends, even if they do some really fuck ship. I meant to point. Always got to stand by your boys. You know, you gotta talk good about them behind their back and to the front.
Speaker 1: That's a class. This man was born to be a criminal defense attorney. His friend's doing some fucked up ship, He's like, nah, I got your back the hell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yo?
Speaker 1: What's your your name? Ezra, Ezra Nicky? Nice to meet you, guys, man. Thank you very much for for for grace in the pod. Appreciate you, bless you guys. Well, folks, I think how long have we been going? I think I think we did it. I think we did a podcast. I think we I think we beat a gecko. That was that was great. That was a really fun time. Thank you guys very much for joining. This reminded me how much I love doing this outside. I feel like it's it's been probably like a year since we've done our last episode outside, so I'm definitely gonna keep doing these.
Speaker 4: I'll be back.
Speaker 1: Thanks for watching. If you're watching this on YouTube, I'm sorry. I haven't uploaded the podcast on YouTube in a while. I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm gonna do with that. But anyway, do I have anything to plug? No, now, I'm not plugging. I'll plug outside. I think outside is a good place to be. I think outside is a great time. I think you should go outside and should talk to people, live your life.
Speaker 4: And uh that's it.
Speaker 1: Uh waite second, Oh sorry, I'm I'm about to pack up. I'm about to pack up, but but I will be back. I will return. We will do more of these. We have one question, yeah, okay, one we can do one. We'll do one question. You got one question, We got time for one question?
Speaker 4: Hit me, hit me?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: What's the one question? If you had to live anywhere on this earth that we live on, yes, where would you live? I would live right here in New York City. That's a great answer. What about what about you? Barcelona? Barcelona?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Where do you live right now? I live in Harlem? Oh?
Speaker 1: How come you don't move to Barcelona? It can never be just one question. I always gotta always get into it. That's my that's my fault. That's my fault. That's my fault. That's my fault. That's my fault.
Speaker 4: Why how come you're not in How come you're not in Barcelona? I love someone here? You love someone here?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: How did you fall in love with them? You met her right there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, oh wow, four years ago. Oh that's beautiful. Oh that's amazing how it goes when you feel this deeply.
Speaker 11: So that's why, although I feel deeply about Barcelona, it's hard for me to separate. I feel self you love her more than you love being in Barcelona or being in the place where I think eventually we both will And this is a test for me need to I'm not a patient person to kind of live out the practice of being patient, like she has work to do and I know our eventual That makes.
Speaker 4: Sense, Yeah, of course, of course, of course.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: So wait, how did you guys meet?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: What was the I just saw her, and.
Speaker 11: I said, I've only had like five girlfriends.
Speaker 7: In my life.
Speaker 1: That's that's the way. That's a lot of girlfriends. Well, i'm fifty, that's no, that's a lot. That's like one, that's one per decade. One girlfriend per decade is pretty good.
Speaker 4: Twenty four years. You're right, you're right usually, and I'm that type of person.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: You you fall in love and you kind of commit. Yeah yeah, but I saw her and this is my hangout, I live over there, cool, and it was just like you couldn't deny it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: What was your opening line? Would you say to her?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 11: She was talking to another musician, and I said, Lee, please stop talking to her.
Speaker 7: I need to talk to her.
Speaker 4: Well, oh, this is you're second a musician that you know. Well, she's kind of in the circle.
Speaker 11: But she was just over there and it just hit me. So I asked Lee, and he's a singer too, and she's a singer, to just please step aside because I felt that adamant about Mike Keeling to tell her that you're the one.
Speaker 4: So to this day, she's the one. That's beautiful, man, that's goddamn. That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Man. Shit, I feel like, uh, I feel like we learned a lot about love today. I'm glad to hear that it's working out. But well, dude, because I don't know, because like I will, like you said, you're fifty, so you found this.
Speaker 4: So you're in love with a woman that you met when you were forty six. That gives me. You have no idea how much that gives me hope. You should give all the hope everywhere.
Speaker 1: That gives me so much. I'm twenty eight, and I'm like, it's over. I gotta pack it up. I'm gonna die. Fuck it all. But then I hear something my dad, my actually both of my parents they met who they're currently with when they were around the age you met the little lady that you're with. I hear stuff like that, and I'm like, I can't kill myself. I gotta keep going.
Speaker 7: Right, and it just does.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: I saw her and it was just like that, that's beautiful. But you have to stay in tune to be open one hundred percent. Yeah, I know, I know exactly what you're talking about. You have to stay in tune.
Speaker 4: I agree. You have to say too, you have to be a tuned with because one because if you're a comic, I know what you mean. I know exactly what you mean, I know exactly way.
Speaker 1: It's once you give up, Once you give up and you're like, everyone sucks, I'm never gonna find I'm too old, I'm too fad, I'm too whatever. Once no, no, no, it's true. Once you say it, it becomes true. But it is once you stay tuned and you stay open. That's the struggle, dude. That's the struggle is to just stay a tuned and to stay open. Then something you know clicks. Respect. Thanks for giving me hope today. Thanks for giving us all hope. Man.
Speaker 4: Is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 11: Stay true to yourself and love yourself and be kind to yourself and the ones next.
Speaker 1: Ghek Bless you guys, Thanks for listening, see you all around the universe.
Speaker 6: Never goes on the line taking your phone calls.
Speaker 5: Every night, never goes to.
Speaker 3: Just teaching you loud in your life.
Speaker 6: He's not really an expert.