Speaker 1: Well, well, well, by the time you listen to this episode, the previously undefeated Calves we'll have based off with the Celtics in an early season showdown. Orlando is on a hot streak, six game winning streak, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, the Lakers not looking too bad as well.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a quick spin around the league with the Athletics Jason Jones on today's episode. That means I'm Miles Gray and.
Speaker 3: I'm Jack O'Brien, and this is Miles and jackasst.
Speaker 2: Don D three got it and look at donch.
Speaker 1: Jitch t k.
Speaker 2: Indeed driving spinning Jay fatter number eighteen that's been secured. The Celtics are NBA champions.
Speaker 4: Over the double team, ke n be honest with the tel God look out shot time. Once you go.
Speaker 1: Jason Jones over culture for the Idea's back and he's back, and he's back. He's back. Formally a sack b beat writer for many years, Welcome back to my Jackot mat Boostie's how you been.
Speaker 4: Man, I've been all right, you know, enjoying this life where I don't have to go to every single game for any particular team and I can just kind of parachuting with my league pass and check out everyone and have to write about it. So it's it's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it must be nice, must be nice. Just you can be a fan again. You can be a fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah. I can actually enjoy basketball and not watch it and go, oh my god, what am I going to write about? Or oh? Man, Like the best part is trade deadline season, when I don't have to sit around and like not have a life for like two weeks and chase every internet rumor.
Speaker 1: So, I like, what's it like experientially, what's the difference between when you're writing, Like I guess you just have What are the difference in thoughts you have watching just casually and knowing you have to write this game up.
Speaker 4: I kind of look now for this different type of themes and big picture stuff or what I do now. I can look at like, wow, what type of shoes are they wearing? Now? Maybe that could be a story. Oh he's designing his own? Oh you know.
Speaker 2: Who's got leave right now?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm a I'm a retro guy. I mean I was always. I grew up a big Nike guy, but they really haven't made a whole lot in the last I don't know decade where I was like, wow, I gotta have I think I got a couple of pair of Giannies. Oh yeah, that I really haven't been like, wow, Nike's making some you know.
Speaker 1: You know, so yeah, I'm the same. It's all retros for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm all about the alternative, alternative colorways and stuff like that. New Balance has some crazy different things they do, know, so I'm all about whatever looks different, you know. So it's more my thing than anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just says Maxie Cooper, flag Kawhi Leonard. Maybe not the number one person to be signing right now, but New Balance some players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they've they've picked, they've identified the right time. I just saw Daron Fox's new shoe. That looks pretty, his new green and purple. No under armor because he wears Curries coo. But interesting anyway, Speaking of which the Kings, Darren Fox, I think the law still remains intact. Jack from the Mad Jack got Mad Boostie's Lave. Scoring sixty and then you lose.
Speaker 2: Score seventy is for losers.
Speaker 3: You got to put up seventy or you're gonna lose if you if you get to sixty and then you can't get to seventy, you're going to lose. That's what was learned over the past piece.
Speaker 1: I think that like last season, what it was when embiid put up like seventy and then Cat put up sixty two and the loss to the Hornets and were like, see.
Speaker 3: Cat put him sixty two and a loss, and his coach was like, well that was terrible, Like you came in and was like, we're gonna treat this guy for pennies on the dollar because that was an embarrassment.
Speaker 4: He was disgusted with. He was like, some guys decided they just wanted to keep, you know, doing them, like geez, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, just put up sixty, right, Yeah, sixty is for losers, seventies for closers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Darren Fox put up sixty and a loss, uh, because Ant was not having it that particular game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of his best dunks of the season. He put up thirty six, huge comeback. I don't know, Minnesota might be getting things back on track, but I don't know. So Fox put up sixty and that loss and then forty nine in the next game and a win over the Jazz. Right, so one oh nine in two nights is pretty Uh, the Chamberlain numbers, right.
Speaker 4: I'm not bad for a guy who's not known to be a crazy score like that, but you know, they have got some guys injured, so that was almost more like, hey, Darren has to do something right, right, So he's gonna you know, he's going to do what you can to try to win the game. But I don't think the King's recipe is going to be you know what, Daron and about forty five fifty at night?
Speaker 3: Right, so point guard scored every time down the court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's what you want to do. But I think it's cool for dearon, you know, except for the lost part sixty right, but you know, just because the getting sixties, you know, it's a not a you know, of course Wilt did it a bunch of times, you know, but like you're not talking about like a whole lot of guys who have hit that sixty point mark. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I felt like last season we had a lot, didn't we Almost every other week we were talking about sixty point games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no one plays deep doesn't want to stop anybody, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, right, But I mean the one thing I've i'ven't been watching. I've just you know, I've seen the Kings occasionally, but I haven't kept my eye on it. But I've been curious, you know, as somebody who previously had their eye on them, how's Damar been looking with them?
Speaker 4: He's fitting well, you know, you know, go out there, does the mar things get his I think he's offgot with was open the air of twenty point games. I mean, he's getting this. You know. I was kind of wondering how you would fit him because so much of what de Aaron does is in the mid range. So much, you know, Sybonus is in that mid you know, that mid high post, like where you gonna fit this? I mean, it's worked with you know, they're problems been they can't make three pointers anymore, right like, which is really weird, you know, but I think not having a leak monk as a part of that. But yeah, they just haven't been a great they haven't shot the way they've normally had. What get the spurs, they're like three of twenty six, right you know, so I just you know, but they're they're but also dea They're they're like well right now at the time or eight and seven. They has lost to Atlanta and part of what when they had that real good season a couple of years ago, they like had almost no injuries to anyone that was you know, like they're like top eight or nine. Guys like missed almost no games. It felt like, right, and it's almost like now it's gone back the other way. Now you're losing guys, game five, game ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a reversion to the mean. Yeah, is a thing that I say all the time because I'm smart and good at math, and.
Speaker 1: I know what those words mean.
Speaker 4: I do. I know what mean means, like an outlier like that, that run of help is an outlier. You're not going to see that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's anomalous that someone wuld say, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. You got to throw it out because it will probably never.
Speaker 3: Happen again, right right, Yeah, I don't know. It feels it's wild to me that the Kings are playing well. It seems like they're playing well. They're eight and seven and they are at tenth in the Plains, like the very last playing spot ahead of the Mavericks who made it to the Western out of the Western Conference last year, to the finals, who are seven and seven. Meanwhile, over on the East Coast, the Eastern Conference, my Philadelphia seventy six ers are two in a less then and three games out of the playing tournament. So that's how things are going over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what do you how many games behind? It's wow to think of how many double like the double digit advantages Cleveland already has on so many people in the East at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're twelve games back.
Speaker 4: Twelve games back, okay, all right, batball play though, I mean, you know, you just chip away, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirteen games into the season, we're twelve games back. Real could be going better, I'll say, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, sounded like there was a lot of, you know, some crisis talks after that that heat game.
Speaker 2: Miles. I could care less about the team struggling.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Joe, I know, I know, I mean, yeah, it's always interesting when you hear a report about hey, could you please be on time?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess that matters.
Speaker 2: Like to some people. I guess maybe if.
Speaker 4: You're two and eleven, does it really matter exactly?
Speaker 1: But I guess so. Yeah, so it.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't win three more games because your best player is going to be on time.
Speaker 2: It's not in a sect yet, Okay.
Speaker 3: Joel Embiid has always talked about the process right, thinking long term, think long term for your franchise. The seventy six ers lose, we we have our pick next year protected one through six. We need this pick to be top six and what is going to be a pretty decent draft, Cooper Flag we are in. Uh we got the flag position, flag pole position in next year's draft right now as the worst team in the NBA, tied with Washington. I'm just saying, maybe the old son of a gun sandbag in us, you know what I'm saying, He's just trying to do what's best for the future of the seventy six ers.
Speaker 2: He's letting Jared McCain.
Speaker 3: He's, you know, laying back, letting the rookie get some reps up. Jared McCain has looked great his last six games. He's put up eighteen twenty seven, twenty three, thirty four, twenty nine, twenty. He's shooting a very high percentage on a lot of three point attempts per game. All the pieces are right where we want them. A lot of people are panicking. Me and Joel are sitting back and it's fifteen minutes past the time we were supposed to show up for practice. But we're chilling because we were trusting the process. The process just happens to be ongoing and taking a little bit longer than anybody was expecting.
Speaker 1: I mean even when you look at the twenty sixteen seventeen Process Sixers, they started at three and ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're first.
Speaker 1: I'm bed missed four of those games, but you know they won three. They won three in those first thirteen.
Speaker 3: So you wait, when embiid was playing, you're calling that the Process Sixers. The Process Sixers started before we drafted Joel.
Speaker 1: Embi I mean, yeah, his rookie year, his rookie see his rookie yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: Covering a game when with the Process Sixers came to Sacramento and they won the game, and like immediately, within like a day or two, everyone who played well in the game got traded.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, man, it was like, hold up.
Speaker 4: This is not no, no, no, you all what process.
Speaker 1: Are we undergoing here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like watching a game of It's like watching Major League that movie where they're just everyone like they they win a game like a regular NBA regular season game and like storm the court.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Anyways, this is uh, I think not how a lot of Sixers fans saw the season going. And they're just they're weak, those Sixers fans. This is this is fine?
Speaker 1: You saw Yeah, I said you earlier, said you found comfort.
Speaker 2: In this, and I.
Speaker 3: Go into things very pessimistic, and it turns out I'm rarely disappointed and really pleasantly surprised either, and that's working out great for me. Also, I'm a die easy fan, so you know, I'm open to being recruited. Take me on a recruiting trip to be a fan of your team.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: I'm happy for Philly. You know the Phillies flamed out on the postseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Eagles are winning games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the Eagles look pretty good.
Speaker 3: I'm only a Sixers fan, so like, I don't even get the good teams from Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Got to work on that, you can't. We got to sit down and talk about you.
Speaker 4: Got to draw up a list of other teams and you know, get you a good you know, get you a football team. Get your mind off. Yeah. This is one of my best friends is a Sixers fan. He wanted to return my text.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, oh no, yeah, he spent all.
Speaker 4: Last year making fun of me talking about ha ha the Lakers won the in season tournament ha ha. And now I'm like, yeah, yeah, now at all he made I'm like from the play in too last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think right at this rate, they'll take the play in and be happy with it.
Speaker 3: They you know, yeah, they haven't had like since Embid's been back Max, he hasn't played much. Uh so yeah, we're we're just working our way into shape.
Speaker 2: Uh and you.
Speaker 3: Know, we'll be ready for when the regular season starts. Oh wait what I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: Okay, and being told the regular season started three games.
Speaker 4: Back here you know, all star breaking when the season really starts though.
Speaker 2: And that exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: Know, really pick it, upset.
Speaker 1: The clock, then we reset the clock.
Speaker 4: Then cool, all right.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about the Lakers. Should we take a break?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take a break. We'll come back. We'll talk some Lakers and it's maybe in some positive Bucks news maybe I know, has he been like yeah, but maybe a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of you.
Speaker 3: That was the one thing that Sixers fans had is like you have a look at the Bucks and they've got everyone in their bad Yeah, and that was now heads back and now look at us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll be right back and we're back. And you know, Jack, we were saying earlier, I know of a team that started pretty terribly a few seasons going made it all the way to the Western Conference Finals. So worry not worry not. The Lakers did do that. So but right now looking not bad at nine and four, I've I continue to be pleased with the JJ Reddick experience. And just see the JJ Redick experience. Yeah, just seeing you know, a d you know, in the form that he's in has been fantastic. While you know, that game against the Spurs just Wenby felt just my my heart is beginning to thaw a bit over the last few seasons. How's it been for you, Jason? Just you know, I know, I know you have an affinity for the Lakers, are you.
Speaker 4: I've enjoyed it. I've enjoyed j I hadn't I hadn't dubbed it the JJ Redick experience yet.
Speaker 2: And the Rippers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've really enjoyed this what JJ has done. It feels like for the first time in a while, they've got some energy at the coaching spot. Yeah, it's for like, you know, I don't know what you know, what it is, you know, but the.
Speaker 1: Hands are out of the pockets most.
Speaker 4: Of the And my main drawback before they hired him was just that, you know, JJ had been his name had been circulated as a coaching candidate before. I just wish he didn't have a podcast with the Star Player because I just made it look. You know, I'm like, this has got to work. O's go look terrible. But I mean when I watch them offensively, like what they're doing, you know, I think they still you know, they need some you know, maybe not if Jared Vanderbilt could play again one day, yeah, you know, but I like what I've seen from them overall so far. You know, eventually they'll win more than two games on the road, hopefully, you know, two three.
Speaker 1: Games, you know, Yeah, we'll see you.
Speaker 4: You know. It's crazy to think they hadn't been six and oh with home since like like in the Kobe days, right, yeah, well, they hadn't even won a home They hadn't won a season opener, like and Lebron even won one as a Laker.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe once because I remember, just my I just got used to being like this, the first game of the season is going to be an l like the momentum as a fan had just felt like I'm having trouble recalling when the last time that happened. So when that happened this season, I was like, Okay, we're back. We're back. We're back. Ships off of the strength of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean I've enjoyed what I've seen. I've enjoyed, you know, like JJ's I mean he's quite crazy, like in a good way though, right, So he's like he's like that, you know, he's yeah, yeah, he's he's different. I mean he's like, what's your methods to the players? That was the message, Yeah, right exactly. And also to see him like through the breath they lost the game and he pretty much was like the effort was poor. I didn't like this, and he said, well, how do you convey that methods to the players?
Speaker 1: I just did, right, Yeah, And it's good to see him just like reward players who have like really been putting in like a good shift and listening and you know, being like, hey, you know what, that's playing time for you, rather than kind of being like I look, I kind of gotta I gotta kind of make these guys work for a second. Uh, and I'm yeah, Dalton connect continues to make me very excited for the future. But yeah, I don't know that's enough enough about how good things are going with the.
Speaker 4: Just enjoy what I mean the last few years, I'm just being like three and seven or just some type of something going wrong, you.
Speaker 3: Know, ten, two and eleven, something horrible like that.
Speaker 4: You know. But hey, you know, wondering if A D is going to get to the game on time, just all type of just problems. Yeah, A D has been He's been you know, amazing out there this year, and defensively, I'm not surprised, but you know, we've heard for how many years they're going to make a D the focus of the offense. They're going to do this. This never happens, so maybe actually happened and lasts more than like three or four games, you know, And.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, he's second in the league and scoring like barely, he's right behind Giannis. He's only auditioning out two point six assists to night, but like a lot of hockey assists and just yeah, like he said, everything's going through him, shooting forty three percent from three not not on a lot of attempts, but like at least when he gets them out there, and then he's I think he's like playing some of the best defense in the lead right now and put up a forty twelve two blocks on Friday night, then another thirty four or fourteen two steals first the Pelicans the next night. Yeah, I don't know, he's currently for MVP. I I feel like this is what Lakers fans have been waiting for to see from him. I didn't know how realistic it was that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was gonna ever happen.
Speaker 1: So I am just you know, I'm just hoping and praying that he stays healthy because every time I see that man fall down and even like show his teeth, I start sweating. But then he usually gets up.
Speaker 4: So it's okay, crazy Now, if you close your eye and just say those numbers, I think you're talking about Shack, You're like forty in tweas like it's right. So, I mean, I'm just going to cross my fingers. Every time he fall he went, I'm like, did you please please don't hit him in the face. Please. I'm like, I just get scared. I'm like, oh my god, he you know, like, oh he's tied issue okay.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right exactly.
Speaker 4: It's just crazy too, though, because he's not even like the most injured player in the league by far. But I just think Laker fans are now just traumatized to believe that anytime Ad like runs a little slow or you know anything, it's like, oh god, he's going to be out three weeks.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well, because we're conditioned to be like, whenever he's like, he needs to be healthy, he needs to be healthy. So any wobble from that is, yeah, it feels existential. Yeah, it looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's getting close.
Speaker 1: To the most career games with forty plus points, ten plus rebounds. Anthony Davis has thirty six, Shack's got forty three. Uh so you know, he's not far off. He's not far off.
Speaker 4: I would have never guessed he was that close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just seven more games. Ad is tied with Elvin Hayes in ninth place. But yeah, good times ahead the Bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like, obviously Cleveland is the big story in the Eastern Conference. They're playing to remain undefeated against Boston tonight. It's crazy that they're as good as they are. They play beautiful basketball. They're an amazing team. The Bucks had been my one solace as a Sixers fan because they were bad with while you know, having their two best players, and now they're they seem to be putting it together. They're five and nine, have won three of four and are right in the hunt because the Eastern Conference is bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real, real tight.
Speaker 3: The sixth seed is Miami at six and seven. I mean, Cleveland's just winning all the games. I guess, yeah, there's one way to look at it.
Speaker 4: What are they you looking at the Bucks? They're a good game behind Detroit for seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Yeah, Detroit in seventh at seven and nine. The Bucks had a good game against the Rockets, who also a don't look now team. They are now ten and five, seven and three over the last ten, and the Bucks were able to pull it out with like a Dame game winner that came after a game saving block from Giannis. It's kind of weird. Gian It's like, didn't really celebrate when Dame put it in. I don't know what their relationship is like, but yeah, I don't know. What do you what do you do with this roster. What do you think that this is a blip and they're going to be bad. Do you think the bad at the beginning of the season was a blip. What are you saying for the Bucks?
Speaker 4: Jason, I don't think they're going to be this but that I don't have a lot of faith the East is going to keep them in the bottom ten twelve range. I think they're enough bad teams in the East that when you get to about February, they will have piled up a few no you know, then they'll they'll play the Utahs, they'll play the Portland you know, they'll they'll start to get they'll start to you know, getting around five hundred. Then they become that proverbial we don't want to play that team in the first round team if they're right there, if they're like five or low, like no one wants to play Giannison Dame, you know, you know, and Chris Middleton gonna play again there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't really know. I mean, he had double ankle surgery, which seems bad, but we got.
Speaker 1: Two for one deal. I think that's what happened. Yeah, yeah, there's no one.
Speaker 3: They're like, what might as well take care of him both, but yeah, he has no timetable as of four days ago, so that's and also like didn't fully look like himself consistently when he was back last season, So I think that's why I'm at least not putting them in that same category of like, yeah, they're just like, you know, one of their best players is hurt, and once he's back, they'll be fine because who knows.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm even going to get you know, if and win Chris plays again. But that no, having Dame and Giannis together, you know, you would have I thought there was much ado about nothing about the hole. They didn't work out enough in the summer together. I'm like, I don't know what you I'm not a big believer that two guys working out in the gym together. It's gonna be why.
Speaker 1: Ye's not a montage from my eighties movie.
Speaker 4: Like the season turned when you know, when Giannis flew out to Portland and they went to the gym and they shot free throws together and talked and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ran on the beach, yeah with lots.
Speaker 4: You know, they met up. They they met up in Greece. You know, all Gianni's was, you know, visiting friends back there and they whatever. I have way more faith in them than I do in Philly. Really yeah, just tad bit, tad bit. Wow, I coached my Doc Rivers.
Speaker 3: They are coached by Doc Rivers's s a pretty good coach.
Speaker 2: Still, we'll see, we'll see y you know.
Speaker 4: And you know, I just feel bad for them too, because the memes between Doc and Darvinham sitting together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're they're they're killing them. I mean, like I think they're they're going to figure something out. I think they'll make a run. And then I mean, are we gonna really believe? I don't know if I can count on know the Brooklyn's and the Detroit and all of them to you know, to hold those guys down. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So we're gonna introduce a new segment which I think you're gonna be very helpful for because you have League Pass, you're watching the games around the league. We wanna we want to pick a game from the next week that I can tell my wife, uh babe, I have to watch this for work. Akay, like a game of the week for the listeners to uh watch, and then we'll talk about it next time.
Speaker 2: But we've pre selected a couple.
Speaker 3: We've got Warriors versus Spurs on Saturday, Nuggets at Lakers also on Saturday, a couple of hours after Warriors versus Spurs, Minnesota at Celtics on Sunday, and then the Los Angeles Clippers at the Philadelphia seventy six ers on my day.
Speaker 2: Of those games?
Speaker 3: Or are we Is there another team that everybody should be going out of their way to watch right now that we've we've missed out on here.
Speaker 4: I like those. I mean, you know, you've got Ken the Lakers beat No. Denver, yeah, like three years, you know, and you've got you know, Chris Paul going against this another one of his former teams, m and the Warriors having to continue to player over six foot five in the front court. You know, what are they going to do? You know, you got, you got, you got, you know the ant man Jason Tatum Olympic Netflix series reunion, you know right, I mean, yeah, that's the part of me with Lee I kind of lean. I mean, there's there's like good storylines all the way around. I mean, you know Philly, you know, James Harden come, you know, at this point, so many guys been out of Philly though, it's like, okay.
Speaker 3: Whatever, Sixers are also playing Ben Simmons this week, and I mean everybody, there's not going to be a empty seat in the house for that or dry.
Speaker 4: Eye games in Philly. Yeah, I imagine he'll get a warm reception and you know, everyone will be nice and you know, cordial to him, give him standing ovation for all.
Speaker 2: I made him Philadelphia. I think you can pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they've already turned on EMBIID. I don't I don't think they're gonna be nice to be Simmons.
Speaker 1: You think they fully turned on EMBIID already?
Speaker 2: Is it still.
Speaker 1: There's still some good will left before we goes full Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: The good will left.
Speaker 1: There might be, don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The difference that I was that EMBIID doesn't have that Ben Simmons buffer, right, you know there's not that that clearly because I mean they're not going to turn on MAXI.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Paul. I mean, you know, Paul has been long enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one hasn't burnt. That candle hasn't burnt all the way down quick.
Speaker 1: No, But he's also only had I think one twenty point game this season the Queens had five. That's it.
Speaker 3: There's a lot looking great, all right, So we're gonna go Nuggets at the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Should we do that one?
Speaker 1: Or what it sounded like, sounded like you were saying that's I don't even have to look at that, because I mean, I think we're one in nine against the Nuggets in the reg.
Speaker 3: The Nuggets are worse this season and the Lakers are better.
Speaker 4: You Nuggets have like no debt. I mean, all their depths from two years ago is like not the same. And if if JJ is not going to start, D'Angelo Russell continue that that kind of neutralizes, at least at the start of the game. Jamal Murray becoming Michael Jordan. Right, I feel like Jamal Murray owes all his you know, his contract extensions to the fact that he got to go against d' angelo Russell and Alton Reeves at the same in the same game and you know, for what how many playoff games in a row. I mean, it just killed me to watch him then go to play for Team Canada and like, hold up, what happened to the Michael Jordan happening? That guy was who was this guy?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 3: More?
Speaker 4: But but you know, for every reason, Jamal Murray sees the Lakers and you know, become Superman. You've got you've got m v P level, you know, you know, a d against Joker. Yeah, you know when you know unfortunately you know they're Dad Aaron Gordon still out right. Yeah, you know, you know, I don't know who guards Lebron, you know, so, I mean there's there's gonna some interesting things, you know.
Speaker 1: So then what's your pick of those? I know there's a lot of intrigue for all four of those games between Warrior Spurs, Nuggets, Lakers, Timberwolf, Celtics, Clippers, Sixers.
Speaker 4: L A biases and gold Laker Nuggets lean all the way into my biases.
Speaker 3: You know why that's okay because nobody's ever accused the show of having it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: You know, my guy Michael Malone's gonna say something crazy before that. You know, there's gonna be there's there's gonna be other stuff going on, you know, And yeah that's the one. You know.
Speaker 1: All right, boost these listeners, you got your homework. We're all tuning in to the Nuggets at Lakers on Saturday, and well you.
Speaker 2: Hear that, babe, I have just watch it. I can't, I can't not watch it.
Speaker 1: All right, we will, Yeah, and you might hear me crying. Who knows or celebrate. I don't know. I don't know, but I am putting way too much into this game.
Speaker 4: I think you know why. That one's going to be interesting too, as intense as JJ is. Imagine the Lakers like get like dog walked by Denver. I just want to hear the JJ Reddick presser. Yeah yeah, that's an all time possible postgame press. Malone on one side, Reddick on the other. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there there's so many reasons why this. You know, you can't compare that to Missoula and Finch. No, Missoula might be good back, I can't recall. I don't think Finch is nearly as quotable as JJ Reddick.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, well, I think you're right about that. All right, we've got it.
Speaker 3: It's set set your clocks Saturday, November twenty third on NBA TV, so anybody with NBA TV can tune in. We are going to take a quick break and then we're going to come back with the fastest segment in podcasting.
Speaker 2: And we're back. We're back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: Jason Man, we love having you, but this is the time where we got to I got to put my biases aside, my biases, and it's time to cook the person in the hot seat.
Speaker 2: You know about a nice guy, Let's not do it.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I know, and he's from the best coast too, but we we know not. These things do not protect you when you're in the fourth quarter rapid fire round of questions, the fast the question answer segment in all sports podcasting history. Okay, so we're gonna ask you a question you already know. Just reply as quick as you can and if you if you slow the segment down, we will be rude. Okay, and then we will apologize off Mike, because we do want to keep our on air personas intact and hidden from the off I'm so sorry, so sorry, Oh hey, I'm so sorry. Ain't no, no, Yeah, apologen like Canadians out here, but I got to ask you. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Ready?
Speaker 1: Okay? Jason Jones is ready?
Speaker 2: Brian start the clock.
Speaker 1: This one's gonna this was gonna shatter all the records. Who's going for are going first?
Speaker 2: You're going, yeah, why don't you go first? Miles?
Speaker 1: Okay, Jason U a Sopranos fan? No, uh oh, all right, Jason audible audible audible, uh you Wire fan?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, got it, got.
Speaker 4: It, got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that did throw us off. First question for you. We're playing pick up hoops with characters from the Wire, and we just got the first pick and took Wood Harris. Okay, now a von Barks all right, yeah, now you got to Now you have to pick somebody you can. Now do you pick anybody else? We got the first pick, but that's what we want, Wood Harris. Now who do you have next?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with I'm not forgetting his name.
Speaker 1: Hurry.
Speaker 4: Character, I'm flanking on his name.
Speaker 2: But Didris elbows Stringer Bell with.
Speaker 4: Sugar Bell's choice? I'm interesting parents.
Speaker 3: Chris might be good Chris like from season four? Oh maybe, yeah, Harris. I feel like there was a basket ball seeing in the wire. Maybe I feel like I've seen Wood Harris hoop before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wood Harris would be the clear number one pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's why, that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we always get the number one pick in this question. Yeah, Sam, who's the NBA player? But yeah, all right, yeah, string about I mean so in universe he's not British. We know the actor is British. It's an interesting pick. It's an interesting pick.
Speaker 2: Maybe he'll like have good footwork, footwork like some of the you're going to be.
Speaker 4: You know, he's not going to get you know, he's not gonna let you know, Barksdale just you know, wow him with the athleticism in the college basketball background, I think really he'll be cerebral out there. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, brother Mazone, we don't think Brother.
Speaker 4: Mozon that's a good one.
Speaker 2: You know, he'd be a sniper from deep you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah that was my favorite brother of Mazone? Is that you know it wouldn't end well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Has there ever been a basketball performance in a movie that wasn't an existing NBA player? It wasn't like Blue Chips where they just like brought in an NBA player or you know, a good basketball player.
Speaker 2: That didn't while you are watching it give you the it where you weren't like, what is this? Why are they.
Speaker 1: Why is he dribbling like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a big white man can't jump fan. Okay, so that one because.
Speaker 2: Who's performance.
Speaker 3: Okay, because they do a lot with editing with Wesley Snipes, and you can he's so athletic you can almost believe that he can hoop. And then there are some moments where he's dribbling it and it's just like over like literally over his head when he does a crossover, and I do feel like Woody Harrelson. He's got like an ugly jumper, but it does look like somebody like a jumper that's been taken hundreds of times.
Speaker 4: You know, he really gives like I'm really out here just trying to.
Speaker 2: Hoop, right, Yeah, yeah, just trying to make it work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You can always always go with Marcus Johnson's you know character.
Speaker 2: Yeah in White Man kndrum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, next question. You have the opportunity to shoot a half course shot for the chance at winning fifty thousand dollars, a free throw for five hundred dollars, or you can make a layup for two bucks. You're taking the easy money. Are you going for it?
Speaker 4: Going for the free throw? I'm going for five hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you ever made a half court shot?
Speaker 4: The kid just playing around. Yeah, just thro eaving it. Yeah, even it you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that on tape anywhere? We have any tape that was.
Speaker 4: In the nineties We went, didn't have those VHD.
Speaker 1: Those big camp orders and stuff. Yeah, with the eye piece that you had to like move your head to the side. Like did I just see that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I can. Yeah, even if there was it did exist. I couldn't play it on anything here. No, I don't have a yeah Beta max is.
Speaker 1: So no, No, somebody didn't even know what a tape rewinder. Well, I'd explain a tape rewinder to a younger person a few weeks ago, and I felt.
Speaker 4: Very like, let you just press a button and it goes back. What do you mean to rewind?
Speaker 1: Go back to the beginning of the get to Wind the tape and this one it was shaped like a Ferrari.
Speaker 5: That that what was cool about it? You put the tree every Yeah, it was cool. It was cool the only Ferrari I had, but I had it. Okay, good answer. I think it's signed for a more in depth question, though, Jack.
Speaker 3: All right, we are going to redraft the twenty eighteen NBA draft. That draft started out with DeAndre Ayton, Marvin Bagley the third, and then you got some other people in there who you might take over those two guys like uh Luker, Doncic, Triple, j Trey, Shay, Gilgis, Alexander Well, Brunson, Anthony Simons at twenty four, Michale Bridges at ten, Michael Porter Junior, where are you going?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna keep eighting at number one? Or who? Give us your top three?
Speaker 4: Uh? The top three now would be Luca, Shay, Trey.
Speaker 3: And really Trey over Jalen Brunson Mm hmm. Jalen Brunson, who went what thirty third?
Speaker 4: Yeah, wild, I'm a try I liked wow, wow, Okay, I'm a pick with Tray at three. Brunson can maybe you know, get there, get there at four? Jaron Jackson like at five.
Speaker 3: It's a great draft and also great evidence that nobody knows anything because.
Speaker 4: I was covering the Kings when that happened. Yeah, and that was quite a night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Marvin Bagley the third was where we all went instead of Luca, which a lot of people, you know, will be like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: People didn't no, people knew, people knew like there were some people who are like eight and Okay, we'll let you take him at number one because it's still apparently the nineteen seventies and we think that you need a center to win. But uh, people knew Luka Doncic was really good right away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was That was. That was one of the more awkward post draft press conferences ever I've ever been a part of. When Blade is saying, you know, Marvick can play all three forward spots, I'm like, he can play small forward. Yeah, man, like I don't have to, you know, get Luca to be R three man, you know, because Marvin can play the three. And I'm sitting there going, oh yeah, ok might not work out too well.
Speaker 1: Well well, well, Jason Jones, that was actually when I look at those are all the right answers. I don't know how you did that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Let me look at the We had a bunch of different answers going in, but now those are all the.
Speaker 1: Free throw That was the right answer.
Speaker 4: And then he said see how that works, you know, yeah, go bears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, look we sit corrected and some of us are standing, but Jason Jones, you have made it through the fourth quarter. Wrap fire around a questioning thank you so much for joining us on Myles and Jack got mad Boosti's where do the people find you? Follow you, read your work, support your work and everything like that.
Speaker 4: I think our U r L is now like NYT Times, slash app dot Com, slash Athletic. Go to Instagram, mister Jones LBC. What's it called X? Mister underscore Jason Jones, and I signed up for the Blue Sky one. Yeah, I have nothing on there, but that will change its mister Jones LBC. I got, I got a bunch of other stuff. You know, if you go to one of those, you'll find the other ones. But yeah, I'm on Instagram a lot, posting stories, posting music, posting jokes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just wrote an article about how the Shaquille and Neil checks in at number seven in the athletics the basketball one hundred Star of Stars.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know a little biased about my You know every I know they love Shack, So put the whole We've got a whole book coming out about what our top one hundred. So I wrote five or six of the top one hundred for us. Nice got I wrote Shack, Chris Weber, Bob McAdoo Kyrie and there might have been another one there I rode too, So yeah nice. If you like reading about basketball players, pick it up.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 1: I think most of our listeners would, so yeah, well, then have tacking back when that's out. Make sure you follow the hashtag mad boost 's b w st I E s. That's are going to find show links updates, and that's how you can find the way to get to our discord service. You can join the convo over there. You can follow us wherever they have the at symbol. But on Twitter, I'm at Miles of Gray and also on Blue Sky Miles of.
Speaker 3: Gray, I'm at Jack Underscore Obrian on Twitter at jack ob One looks like Jacob One's Yeah, blue Sky but jack ob One shout out over there, that's where you can mostly find me blues.
Speaker 1: Jacob One sounds like a like a O G New York City, like tager graffiti artist like.
Speaker 3: That Jacob One right there, a real old school yeah jas want to do it.
Speaker 1: For this week's edition of Miles and Jack got mad Boosties, make sure you watch the game. Remember we're all going to talk about that's your homework. Nuggets at Lakers on Saturday. Let's hope The Lake Show pulls out a winner. We'll see you next week by