Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arms Strong and Dak Katie and he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: We're also still dealing with the environment that Joe Biden created, which was which was depleting those stockholes and not sending him to our own military but to Ukraine. Which is when every time we reach back and look at any sort of a challenge we have, it.
Speaker 4: Goes back to, well, send it to Ukraine.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, we think this should be these munitions are better spent in our own interests at this point, and this kind of funding bill is going to ensure that we're properly funded going forward.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's kind of interesting that suggestioning the Secretary of War that money and armaments given to Ukraine were not in our own interest, whereas this is I would disagree with that. I think it is in our interest to not let Russia take over a country for all kinds of reasons we've talked about before. But the main thing I want to talk about is that two hundred billion dollar asked that Pete hegse throughout yesterday. According to all reporting there's no way that's going to happen. You can't get a majority of the Republicans on board, let alone the Democrats voting for it. So it's just not on the table. So where does that leave the war. That's the way wars sometimes end is you can't get them funded. Once again, quite possibly being a point of Trump should have gone to Congress or made the case stronger to try to get more people on board before this came up. See how more buy in, whether from European countries or from more voters, or from more people in Congress for more money or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's difficult to predict how that's going to play out. It might just be a lesser sum that they get, but it is the checks and balances of our system working. I hope it comes out in a way that we can finish the job in Iran, whatever that might be. Again, there are different goals that may or may not be achievable. But the one thing we don't want to do is pull out prematurely and leave the regime like intact with the power to project force.
Speaker 1: Well, I assume they're never going to bring us up to a vote. If it's clear that there's not a chance it would pass, because that would be a bad.
Speaker 2: Look, right right. Well, so more concrete news. US warplanes and helicopters kick off the battle to reopen horror moves. The US and its allies have intensified the battle to reopen the straight sending low flying attack jets over the sea lanes to blast Iranian naval vessels, and apache helicopters to shoot down Iran's deadly drones. According to military officials, Stepop Operation part of a multi stage Pentagon plan to reduce the danger from armed boats, mines, and cruise missiles, which are more or less halted ship traffic through the waterway since early this month. If the danger can be reduced, the US could send warships through the strait and eventually escort vessels in and out of the Persian Gulf. It couldn't take a while.
Speaker 1: Okay, six, So we're in an uncomfortable position. We have breaking news, but it's celebrity related. Do we interrupt our Iran conversation? Katie's nodding her head, yes, yes, so this is big celebrity breaking.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is on you, Katie Green. I'll take it. You and the donkey are going to be shown out post haste if this is inappropriate.
Speaker 5: Well, Chuck Norris has died at the age of eighty six, Oh the great Chuck Norris. Yeah, the family says it is with heavy hearts. Our family shares the sudden passing of our beloved Chuck Norris yesterday morning. They're going to keep the circumstances private. He had been hospitalized recently, and they're truly grateful for all of the prayers that they sent his way.
Speaker 1: The Grim Reaper doesn't come for Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris comes for the Grim Reaper, but not this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The great irony of his tough guy image, which he embraced and laughed at, is he was said to be a very gentle and loving man and family figure and the rest of it. In a hell of a patriot too. And Beard before Beard was cool, Tourney stuck with it. Yep, yep, Plussy, Armstrong and Getty listened to Chuck Norris. We certainly did when we interviewed him. I believe he was a great innervator in mixing spandex into jeans too, because he did things in jeans you can't do in jens unless they're struct way early, right, right, and I think we all thank mister Norris and others, some of his corporate partners for that innovation. So what is his trajet?
Speaker 1: Was he he like a martial arts that somehow could act a little and got a TV show?
Speaker 2: Is that what happened? I think that was it? Yeah. Yeah, he was like a martial arts champion. Yeah he was. He was a legit cham Then how did he end up being Walker Texas Ranger. Well, he's a handsome devil and can act a little bit okay, and could kick his leg way uphie in the air. Yeah. Some TV exact or some writer thought, hey, what if we have like a white guy who's super good at karate and we'll put him in a low man drama on the TV back when everybody watched you know that were a TV. It was a reasonably a big hit.
Speaker 1: Of course, the problem is that the number of prominent conservative TV or movie stars has gone from like five to four with his death.
Speaker 2: Yes, at least a twenty percent drop. Ah. The interesting part about his trajectory, kind of like Bill Shatner, is he became a meme. Yeah, but an affectionate meme. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Very similar that people just have kind of a warm feeling toward him for no particular reason. He just seems likable.
Speaker 2: And he and he and Shatner both embraced it and chuckled along with it.
Speaker 1: Why did nobody do like a buddy cop movie with elderly Chuck Norris and William Shatner'd been.
Speaker 2: Too late now, So you're right, Joe, it is too late now. God the rick in the gut.
Speaker 5: On March tenth, it was his eighty sixth birthday, and he posted a video that says, I don't age, I level up and he was doing martial arts in the video.
Speaker 1: Oh man, no, he so ray. Chuck Norris wasn't some hipster, trendy beard. He was a beard when it wasn't popular to have a.
Speaker 2: Beard nicely trimmed too. He cared enough to look sharp exactly. Now back to the probable trigger of World War three situation in the Persian Hill, which which we could have use a man like Chuck Norris in these times. Boy, he's not gonna stop. Oh golly, maybe we should just take a break. Probably should take a break and reset it.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 2: What's interesting? Diary The online diary of the Son of the President of Iran has disclosed a lot of interesting things about the thinking behind the scenes during these chaotic times in Tehran.
Speaker 1: I want to hear that we had in our one. There is a flying, venomous spider that's making its way across the country. It was said to be the size of your hand. It's not quite the size of your hand, but it is quite big. It can grow that large.
Speaker 2: Oh I can. Okay, Well, that's a dang big spider.
Speaker 1: So we need to talk more about that, because the idea of flying spiders that are venimus is uh, well, that'll keep you awake tonight, among other things.
Speaker 2: So stay right here.
Speaker 6: The President of the United States, he's in touch with his buddy Putin. He's got to say to him, we consider this an act of war against our troops, that you are providing intelligence.
Speaker 7: An act of war, that Russia is an act war against the United States.
Speaker 6: That's true, Yeah, because they're providing intelligence to endanger our troops to back off.
Speaker 1: So that's interesting. That's Nancy Pelosi. I don't quite get this part of it. Russia is providing intelligence to Iran to help hit our guys, and I don't know what we're doing back channel, but we haven't said anything out loud about it. That's Nancy Pelosi suggesting we go to war with Russia. I guess our I don't know.
Speaker 2: But I've heard enough. She just said the President needs to tell him back off, cut it out. I agree with her. I think she's right for once in my life.
Speaker 1: Maybe we are behind the scenes. But yeah, I don't get why that's not an active war. How is it not an active war? It's pretty warlike. Yeah, his buddy Putin thing is probably unnecessary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, here's a fascinating fun fact for you. One of the reasons that this is going to take it longer than it might have a while back is in nineteen eighty eight, the United States Navy had two hundred and fourteen surface ships. Two hundred and fourteen. We're down to eighty one. Oh my god. The year twenty twenty six the peace dividend because because the Cold War ended and we don't need the ships, and we'll never have a need for a powerful military again. Set our brilliant leaderships, particularly on leaders particularly on the left. Yeah. Anyway, more on that another time. I wanted to get a couple of other interesting developments and fun facts on good piece. Good analysis that came across about Israel and the US's different goals, which is absolutely appropriate given the fact that Israel is a regional power with some fairly specific needs and the United States is a global superpower that also is more or less in charge of global energy supplies, in global commerce, working on Earth, and so yeah, our interests in THEIRS and some tactics are going to verge. But that's perfectly natural. It's not a disagreement per se. It's just different goals. I mean, for instance, you know, we could get into the specifics, but like Washington is much more focused on the strait of horror moos for obvious reasons, whereas Israel doesn't care as much. They don't really get anything through the strait of horror moves. They're pretty pretty energy independent that sort of thing. So again, friends, but not in lockstep. Then this was super interesting. The New York Times with a big feature about this son of the President of Iran, which, as we've learned through the years, is not a super powerful figure, not like ours. He's part of the leadership team. But in the sterious world of Iran's leadership, nobody's really sure who has what power.
Speaker 1: Also allows them to have elections and pretend that they do that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Right, right, So this guy is very handsome. He reminds me of a couple of times, whether it's Luigi Mangioni or there's some felon in Central Wifornia that happened. He and be handsome, loathsome individual. But the stupid females of the world, all you know, got all hot fella that would have been what's that hot felon? Right? Hot? The whole hot felon thing. It's just so stupid, I mean, as stupid as dudes are. Ladies, come on, at least some of you are pretty weak in the head. Anyway, this guy is very, very handsome, very handsome, and he's got this online diary he's been publishing since the war began. He's forty four years old, he's got a degree in physics as a college professor, and the diary offers a rare glimpse of how Aron's political figures are faring as the war rages and closes in on them, and perhaps an inadvertently mister Pozechan at times takes his readers into the arguments and inner deliberations of Iron's top leadership, which is really interesting. Here's one thing he wrote. I think some political figures are panicking, he wrote on the sixth day of the war, which is wid the people are stronger and more resilient than our pundits and political leaders. We have to keep reminding ourselves that defeat will only come when we feel defeated. Now you may think, oh, he's standing up for the people. He's a man of the people. Yeah, a stay tuned. Interestingly, he wrote of his father that he is his two siblings could not wait for the two remaining years at the presidency to end so we can all get back to our normal lives. So you know, he has that in common with the families of American politicians to a large extent. But this guy is a hardcore loyalist. He wrote in his diary that protecting the lives of officials has become the number one priority for the country. Stopping the targeted killings, he says, is now a matter of honor. Let's see, he writes about attending him. Who's left to care about that? Have we taken out the head of everything? Well? Those left I don't know. This guy knows them.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: He recounted attending a meeting with government officials in the first week of the war, which disagreements about strategy surfaced. Quote. The biggest serious disagreement we have is how long are we supposed to fight forever? Until Israel is destroyed and America retreats, until ren is in complete ruins and we surrender. We have to study the different scenarios. Then here's one of my favorite quotes quote unquote favorite. In his diaries, he says he keeps receiving messages about the war from friends, acquaintances, and also from strangers. Occasionally, he said, quote the messages call for us to surrender and return the power to the people, a notion that he dismissed as quote ignorant and delusional. He did say that he worried about the veteran's attacks on Arab countries could backfire. It's so sad that to defend ourselves we have to attack American bases in friendly countries. I don't know if they will understand our situation or not. They don't. Son.
Speaker 1: They also hate you secretly, Yeah, but they hate you. They want you to go away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He fiercely defended his father for apologizing to the Arab neighbors on March seventh and saying they should stop. He was quickly dragged to the inner halls of the command and told he's going to shut up right now and apologize for apologizing, and he retracted all of that, but he was in favor of that for his papa to do. Interesting. It's funny. He's really hardcore on this. We should not have allowed the enemy to have another successful assassination. Our honor is at stake. We've got to protect our official I don't know how, dude, I think that ship has sailed. Yeah, no kidding, unless he had a Harry Potter invisibility cloak or something that it's, you know, just a question of time until your old man gets separated from his body, his head gets separated from his body. And his diary says, unless Ron can stop the targeted killings, we will lose the war. Correct, Yeah, well you're gonna lose the war, I think, one way or the other. But so, what day was it? Wednesday?
Speaker 1: When the oil field, the gas field got attacked on both sides of the border.
Speaker 2: There that was the you know, a turning point.
Speaker 1: According to Wall Street Journal, that was the drastic change in the war, all that sort of stuff. Stuff settled down quite a bit in the last twenty four hours, though, So I don't know if we did get to Israel and get them to believe that you can't be attacked in those oil fields anymore, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Right right, all right, that's enough of that. Something different on the way, including our apology for bad mouthing land. What it was it? Animal bridges, all the wildlife bridges? Whatever? Why can't you enjoy the humble pie you deserve on a topic that I don't care about. I don't just get back. You gave the very idea of the rough side of your tongue. Stare shocking. I was horrified at the time. This ranks below Chuck Norris and the important news of the day. Oh, how about what's happening in Cuba and likely to happen. We can get to that in a little bit. Oh and why Republican Senator Ron Johnson thinks we do need to end the filibuster? What's that we do need end the filibuster? Okay, yeah, I'm really into that topic. So I think that will blow up our country.
Speaker 1: I think that'll be a disaster. To end the filibuster, but I want to hear that argument. The part of the argument is that the Democrats are going to do it as soon as they take charge, so why don't we do it first?
Speaker 2: I mean, that is classic race.
Speaker 1: To the bottom right there, right that everything's headed in the negative direction, so we should do the negative thing first.
Speaker 2: Man, it's hard to get out of that spiral. That is more or less his argument, and it's a att least slightly persuasive, and we'll get into the full extent of his arguments in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many people are into that story or paying attention to it at all, but that's a that's a big one.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, look forward to that and you can text us anytime. Four one five two nine five KFTC four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 2: More in the way. If you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: ABC pulling its upcoming highly promoted season of the Bachelorette after this new video emerged obtained by TMZ showing the show star Taylor Frankie Paul in a domestic violence dispute with her former.
Speaker 2: Partner, Your daughter is great. Here in the video.
Speaker 7: From twenty twenty three, you can see the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives star throwing barstools at her then boyfriend Dakota Mortenson, all in front of her five year old daughter, her crying ABC and who lose parent company Disney says, we have made the decision to not move forward with the new season of the Bachelorette at this time.
Speaker 1: So they had to pull the Bachelorette because a video came out that the super hot chick was crazy. It's shocking, I think to many of us that a super hot chick who is about to be on her third different nationally televised reality show turns out to be a nut job.
Speaker 2: That is shocking stuff. Trying to decide if it's beneath contempt. No, I still have a little contempt for it, but it's just about beneath contempt.
Speaker 1: She had been on some sort of thing that I'd never heard of. Then she was on Secret Lives of Mormon Wives or something, and then she is going to be the Bachelorette, and the video comes out of her attacking her boyfriend with a chair in front of her little kid.
Speaker 2: Turns out she's a nut. I'll be damned, seriously, anybody who watches those shows if they write a letter explaining that they enjoy them ironically, I think, to make fun of the people, you will be allowed to vote. But if this is actually important to you how those shows come out, you will be denied the vote.
Speaker 1: So the happiness, the worldwide happy. This report came out yesterday. It comes out every year. Finland's always on top. We always mock the criteria. We're not gonna have the same conversation we have every other year about this because this is slightly different. There seems to be a big, really big drop among young people, specifically in countries where social media has caught hold over the years. Now, I think, I I don't know what you all think when you think social media. I think I need to change my mind. I always thought when you're talking about social media, you mean stuff like Facebook.
Speaker 2: Not that young people are on Facebook, but.
Speaker 1: Any platform where you're like comparing yourselves and interacting and all that sort of stuff. I wasn't thinking of just scrolling YouTube and scrolling Instagram or just scrolling Snapchat. And apparently that's what people mean when they're talking about social media.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we call that social media, but I guess we call that social media. So I have been wrong.
Speaker 1: I've not understood this conversation the whole time, apparently because I didn't know scrolling YouTube videos was being on social media.
Speaker 2: Right, understand the distinction you're making. I think that the kids are doing all of the above, but yeah, a huge part of it's just watching video after video after video. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if that's what we mean by social media, then yeah, now I understand it more than I did before.
Speaker 2: But I guess so well. And I know Instagram is huge too, especially among young women.
Speaker 1: Right, but just the scrolling it, it doesn't have to be the posting it, getting into conversations, comparing yourself to other Just scrolling it all day long makes you depressed and miserable, apparently, So that's interesting and not surprising to me at all.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think although you threw in comparing yourself, and I think and Katie feel free because you're closer to this world than I am. I just happen to come across a feature about bachelorette outings and how everybody posts their spectacular, amazing, expensive glamorous bachelorette thing on the gram or whatever, and women look at that and feel like they really need to live up to that, or they're not happy enough about being a bride or their friend being a bride, and so it is rampant comparison stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that has a lot to do with like a weak mentality though as well. I mean, I know a couple of people on there who if you looked at their Instagram profiles, you would think they are rich and happy, and I know for a fact that they are neither. So I mean it's just people that fall for that though.
Speaker 1: I think I'm barely on any of that stuff. I mean, I've barely looked at in my life. And maybe I've made up this connection in my head because i want it to be true. But it sure looks to me like the more pictures you have of you and your wife or husband walking on a beach as the sunset, the more likely it is you're divorced already.
Speaker 2: Than the reverse.
Speaker 1: It just seems to me looking at those that I've seen a lot of those, well, you have got the fantastic You hired a photographer to take pictures of you all in coordinated out fits walking on the beach. Now you're divorced, then some family style then then yeah, then people who aren't on it not you know, it's not universal.
Speaker 2: Of course, but certainly not. There's no more than a fifty percent chance that you'll be on the evening news one of you having murdered the other, you know, within six months.
Speaker 5: I just think it takes a certain kind of person, though, to see those posts and have it really affect them. Well, an adolescent, yeah, yeah, but I mean there are women my age that watch these TV shows that you were just talking about that, you know, the rich and famous life and glamour and all that, and it's just I think it's a certain person.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: So well, if you're older, maybe you're already so you know, worn down to a nub by life, that you were too cynical to fall for that stuff in the first place when it all arrived in the world, you know, all this social media stuff.
Speaker 2: At least to describe it, I think one must be nubby.
Speaker 1: It was kind of myseptical of snake oil, worn down to a nub by life. So when social media first hit, I was already somewhat skeptical of your perfect pictures and all that sort of stuff. But if you're young and you're new to it, you don't know any better. And heavy social media use appears to be contributing to the drop in well being among young people in English speaking countries and Western Europe, especially among which gender is it affecting the most girls? Of course, according to the twenty twenty sixth edition of the World Happiness Report, which came out yesterday, Oxford puts it together along with Gallup and a bunch of other think tank people, and we talk about it every single year and again, Finland's always at the top.
Speaker 2: Good for you, Finland.
Speaker 1: The picture, however, shows that the younger crowd seems to be really affected by hours, long hours of scrolling through what they're calling social media, and that's a contributing factor to the drop in happiness the United States, Canada, Australian New Zealand, those in the youngest generation reported an initial increase in life evaluations before smartphones, so it is go in the right direction. So smartphones showed up in the world in like two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight and became widespread, followed by a sharp.
Speaker 2: Decline since then. Yeah, well, right, So hey, I think it's worth pointing in and it hits you the numbers and then you can yeah, and a ranking of happiness changes for under twenty fives.
Speaker 1: The United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand now rank between one hundred and twenty second and one hundred and thirty third out of only one hundred and thirty six countries. So we're down near DFL for our young people's happiness.
Speaker 2: Wow. So like the Haitians and the Somalians are saying, yeah, that's all right here it gets a little hot in the summer. But and our our affluent youngsters are miserable. Yes, So I think it's helpful to actually talk about the Finland thing a little bit because I think it relates directly to this. Finlanders aren't happier or more cheerful. Their content, their whole culture is no, you don't have much, but you can have a happy life with that. And to think that you need lots of stuff and status to be happy as stupid. And you don't fit into Finish society. We're a tough, down to earth people. That's why they're quote unquote the happiest on earth is because they don't expect much at all. And if you spend your day scrolling through the fakery of the most glamorous, exciting, living, beautiful people on earth and all the things they have and the wonderful things they do, that's like anti Finland.
Speaker 1: Most Western industrial countries, where it'd be the most likely that you have smartphones in your you know, scroll in the gram are now less happy than they were in the two thousand and five to twenty ten period, with fifteen having had significant drops, significant drops in happiness since the smartphone showed up on the scene. Is anyone surprised by that? No, Well, that fits in with one question that they ask. Most people agree, most people, the majority of people agree they'd be better off if these platforms didn't exist. Isn't that something that we know we'd be better off if they didn't exist, yet can't stop ourselves from participating in making ourselves miserable.
Speaker 2: Apparently a lot of people. Yeah, I see plenty of as they say, green shoots of a away from technology, away from doom scrolling movements among the young. It's really difficult to determine. Is that like a teeny tiny percentage or is that going to be something that really grows. I certainly hope it's the latter. You're not ever going to find happiness scrolling. You will find it with human beings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't get the immediate little dopamine hits from.
Speaker 2: The old wife, and people get addicted to that.
Speaker 1: I guess the most problematic platforms are those with algorithm driven by algorithms, curated content, influencer culture, and primarily visual material because they encourage social comparisons.
Speaker 2: Platforms designed to facilitate.
Speaker 1: Direct communications show a more positive association with happiness. So what I was calling social media in my head, I've been listening to all these discussions for this past several years having a completely different idea of what we were talking about.
Speaker 2: So that is a mistake. But because I.
Speaker 1: Thought all of the I thought platforms reinteracted each other a lot was what we meant by social media.
Speaker 2: But apparently, but those.
Speaker 1: Where you interact with each other people that there is a more positive association with happiness among the platforms where you actually interact as opposed to the ones where it's.
Speaker 2: Mostly just scrolling. Yeah, it's more positive, but I'll bet it isn't net positive, particularly among young people.
Speaker 1: Heavy social media use more than five hours per day is associated with lower well being. On average, heavy users are significantly more likely to report higher stress and depressive symptoms and believe they are worse off than their parents.
Speaker 2: Well that might be.
Speaker 1: Has there ever been an example of something where this isn't like there's a ton of problems where we guess. We try to guess the cause of them, and it's like could be ten different things and maybe all all of them combined or whatever. We just don't know what's driving this problem. And this one, though everybody knows exactly what it is, looking at social media makes you less happy. If you stopped, you'd be happier. We know exactly what it is, but still can't get past it for some reason. I can tell you it's a huge That's my question. Are we getting past it? Some people absolutely are getting past it. I wonder how many and how quickly that trend will continue.
Speaker 5: But I well, I can just tell you it's a huge conversation amongst uh soon to be or new parents right now bringing babies into the world, going, how are we going to make sure that this is not what their living situation looks like?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, yeah, that's good. Instinctively, you can just see the danger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's possible that those of us who raised kids with the first like the first round of how bad is this?
Speaker 1: Now that we all know it's really, really, really bad, the next crowd of raising kids like you and all your friends, Katie are gonna know no way.
Speaker 2: That may me miserable. I ain't gonna let my kid do this. Yeah, for you know, newer listeners, Jack and I are virtually the same age, but my kids have been grown for quite some time. We had them young. Jack had them later in life, So I like was raising kids just before the what is this? What do we do with it? And what does it mean? Era of smartphones and social media and stuff like that, And yeah, the one you were in the sweet spot of what the hell is this? What do we do? I think you're right. The next you know, cohort of parents is going to be aware of. Okay, the one thing that ain't gonna happen in this house is you know whatever social media danger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it seems to be agreed upon across all the boards. So instead of you know, interesting, well, and because you've talked about like, well, if our kid doesn't have the phone, and the YouTube or whatever. Then they're left out. They don't know what everybody else is talking about. But hopefully this next round, it seems like we're all kind of like, uh no, you're not getting that, so maybe it won't be what everybody is talking about.
Speaker 2: Air quotes used, you know. I'll bet there is an answer to this question. Is there a really great resource for parents who want to talk to their their little boys in particular, but girls too, about porn before you think it's necessary, because that's when it is necessary. I'll bet there are some really good resources for that. I don't know. I'm hoping it's true, Katie, that.
Speaker 1: Your crowd that has lived through being miserable from staring at instant the start because it didn't exist when my kids were born, are going to be police it much heavier than it was brand new to a lot of us.
Speaker 5: Bring back the Nokia bricks Man. You can play Snake, you can text, and you can make a phone call.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go, that needs to be the first phone every kid gets. Absolutely any thoughts on that our text line four one five two, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 8: All right. New York's Governor Kathy Hochele has pissed off.
Speaker 2: Had a recent media appearance.
Speaker 8: She begged ex wealthy New Yorkers who fled the state to come back to support her social programs.
Speaker 9: What I want to make sure we are smart about is having a system in place where it's not just taxing for the sake of taxing, and being conscious of the facts that I need people who are high net worth to support the generous social programs that we want to have in our state.
Speaker 8: The translation, rich dudes, I want you back because I miss your money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearly. Oh there's there's more from Greg Guttfield.
Speaker 9: Now there are some patriotic millionaires who stepped up.
Speaker 2: Shut up, Okay, cut me the checks.
Speaker 9: I mean, just if you want to be supportive, but maybe the first step should you go down to Palm Beach and see what you can bring back home.
Speaker 2: That makes me because I can't even loosten do or talk. That makes me angry. That was good, thoseill was good.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me I'm not patriotic because I don't want to support your stupid social.
Speaker 2: Program that doesn't do anything.
Speaker 1: If you and the horse you rode in on, good Lord, where do you get off saying that, oh, you're not if you're a patriot, come support my giant social programs.
Speaker 2: Screw you, all right, Michael, play six again, Because she was just getting to the point where she was trying to recruit what zillionaires to go down to Palm Beach and browbeat people that have moved back to New York to pay high taxes. What now there are.
Speaker 9: Some patriotic millionaires who stepped up.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, sickening, cut me the checks.
Speaker 9: I mean, just if you want to be supportive, but maybe the first step should be go down to Palm Beach and see what you can bring back home because our tax base has been eroded, Like I have to look at the fact that we are in competition with other states who have less of a tax burden on their corporations and their individuals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. I was going to be more charitable and say until that clip that she's a politician who understands the mobility of wealth, unlike her populous DIPS supporters who just about to punish billionaires. Than billionaires they shouldn't even exist. Let's text them out of existence. She's like, dude, it's not gonna work. Is there is there another one? Okay? Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Yet the denser shocked when taxpayers leave, when it was the same Kathy Hokle back in twenty twenty two who told them just to do that.
Speaker 9: Leave, just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you've long.
Speaker 2: Okay, get out of town.
Speaker 9: Get out of town because you don't you don't represent our values.
Speaker 2: You are not New.
Speaker 1: Yorkers, So you don't like it, well, then leave?
Speaker 8: Well how did that work for you? They did leave, along with your tax base. The only ones who didn't leave are those who are still meaning us. Believe me, if Fox wasn't here, I wouldn't be here either.
Speaker 1: It's so maddening that the people on the left, they think all their government programs are just wonderful and doing good things.
Speaker 2: Apparently the politicians know they're not. They know it's a scam, but boy, the voters still believe it inspite of all the evidence of their eyes and ears. God, that makes me angry.
Speaker 1: All right, We got more in our three Stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty