Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty. Thanks for tuning into the best weekend talk show in America. We are Armstrong in Getty. If you like what you're gonna hear here, there's lots of us out there. Look for Armstrong and Getty on demand. We do twenty hours of this every.
Speaker 3: Week, action packed week too. My gosh, enjoy. We've distilled it all down to the best weekend talk show in America.
Speaker 2: Ross doubt that. If you know him of the New York Times, he's been a columnist for a while. They're conservative columnists. He got hired at the New York Times when he is in his twenties. Still he's a he's not your typical mainstream media especially New York Times, are Washington Post or whatever colonists. He's practicing Roman Catholic, very religious, but he's not a bomb chucker, sort of like a conservative. He's like a I was going to describe him as earnest. Yeah, yeah, very much so. And some of his religious books that I've read or listened to, him talk about are really really interesting in that sort of stuff. But anyway, he's leaving the New York Times. Barry Weiss hired him over at sixty Minutes to try to balance out their coverage. Good. I'm happy to see that, man. I saw some pushback on that online last week that was just oh yeah, insane about this religious nut job will have had his way, we'd be living in a theocracy being hired by Barry Weiss to further blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Well not only that, but they're afraid that sixty Minutes might become biased. I mean, can you imagine.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, I'd forgotten he wrote The Decadent Society. I loved that book, with a different kind of view of what the word decadent means than we usually use. And that's where we are culturally. But anyway, well maybe we'll talk about that at a different time. But sorry, I'm making a note.
Speaker 3: That is number eight hundred and six on books I need to read back to you.
Speaker 2: So who is this nut We're about to hear Ross talking to oh Lordie Jack.
Speaker 3: So Ross does these interview podcasts, and this one happens to be with a fellow by the name of Samuel Moyne, who is the Kent Professor of Law and History at Yale University. He also serves as head of one of the colleges within the University of Yale. He is an academic super heavyweight and an important law school professor. Why don't we just go ahead and play the audio, then we will discuss. You may drive off the road, so prepare yourselves.
Speaker 4: I've gotten in some hot water for proposing we consider overweighting the votes of younger people or a cycle.
Speaker 2: Stop it for just a second.
Speaker 3: I've got to point out this guy went to the same voice coach as the guy with the worst voice in America, kind of that Northeast intellectual, very effeminate, vocal fry e voice. Anyway, you got to get past that to listen to his ideas well.
Speaker 2: And I know we're not getting to the content yet, but he just talked about overweighting the votes of young people like they are the votes would count more than if you're young. That is his premise. That's correct. Listen to this, would you.
Speaker 4: I've gotten in some hot water for proposing we consider overweighting the the votes of younger people or assigning the youngest eligible voters proxy votes for the unrepresented children of our country. So those are edg why not assign them to those children's parents. Well, because there's a divergence of interest between parents and children, and I think it's likely or that young people, not people who are raising families, will have the best insight into the interests of children, whereas if you were awarded five.
Speaker 5: Think I think it's absurd to imagine that a twenty four year old recent college graduate has a better assessment of the interests of my own children than I do. And I say this with all due respect to twenty four year old recent college graduates of whom I hope to be the parent in nine years or so. I think parents generally confuse the interests of their family with the interests of their children. And part of our goal, I think is parents, but also as a society, is trying to make sure that children aren't the hostages of their parents as much as we rely on parents to raise them.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a sentence for you. Wow, there's a sentence for you. We don't want children to have to be the hostages of their parents.
Speaker 3: Right, and that children have a better grasp of their needs and self interest than their parents do. Therefore, we should give the youngest people more votes. Is there any society like you get two votes because you're voting for the children who can't vote as a nineteen year old.
Speaker 2: Is there any society in the history of planet Earth that has ever thought that? I mean, you know, you picture Native Americans and elders and Asian cult no f no, I did like what he said. Often the desires of the children diverge from those of her parents. Oh really, I hadn't noticed that as a parent. Did he say desires or well, it doesn't matter, Yeah, but what your kids want? Oh really, you want to go to Disneyland and eat cake all day? I hadn't noticed that.
Speaker 3: That diverges from my idea of your best interest. There are some ideas so insane only an intellectual could have them. There is a Yale law professor saying that young people should get extra votes. He is and including children. He is.
Speaker 2: Children are the hostage of the family. Our education system, I mean, I feel like we say this every day, but it needs to be said with like exclamation marks and underlined and highlighted and circled. Our education system is so out of control. Yes it is. This guy is one of the most influential law voices on Earth, oh, the most prestigious law universities in the country on the planet. And he believes the craziest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is something close to I doubt he is textbook mentally ill. There are probably some plain spoken, common sensical descriptions for this somebody who's gotten so swept away by their ideology they're now completely unmoored from reality.
Speaker 2: Well, getting back to his first sentence, he wants to overweight the votes of young people, so the you know, two young people could outvote three older people or something, because they they're smart, they're wiser than us.
Speaker 3: And indeed children children should be in charge of children's lives because they know better than their parents.
Speaker 2: You know, how long was that. Let's listen to that again. There's a lot there. There is a lot there. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I've gotten in some hot water for proposing we consider overweighting the votes of younger people or assigning the youngest eligible voters proxy votes for the unrepresented children of our country.
Speaker 5: So those are edgy, why not assign them to those children's parents. Well, because there's a divergence of interest between parents and children, and I think it's likelier that young people, not people who are raising families, will have the best insight into the interests of children, whereas you if you were awarded five. I think it's absurd to imagine that a twenty four year old recent college graduate has a better assessment of the interests of my own children than I do. And I say this with all due respect to twenty four year old recent college graduates of whom I hope to be the parent of in nine years or so.
Speaker 4: I think parents generally confuse the interests of their family with the interests of their children, and part of our goal, I think is parents but also as a society, is trying to make sure that children aren't the hostages of their parents as much as we rely on parents to raise them.
Speaker 3: Actually makes the witticism that was partially cut off saying experience the parents are more the hostage of the children, which is a funny thing to say. The learned professor has no children as far as I can tell, no way that will. I know, it's surprising, isn't it, given his incredible insight. You know, I gotta admit I'm ed An r uf In kidding me spot mentally, emotionally right now. I can't believe this guy is gainfully employed much less employed, is one of the head guys that Yales Law School.
Speaker 2: Well, I came across astonished. I came across that clip a bunch of different places being retweeted by people I like, like Joanah Goldberg said congratulations on Ross and Ross for engaging him in the conversation. I think I want to just hit him in the head with the microphone. It's like, you are a numbnuts. But so that thing at the end distracted me. We don't want kids to be the hostages of their parents. But that sentence before that with the the kids understand and their interests better than the people in charge of the family or whatever it is. But what does that even mean? So that's that thing you always talk about with college professors who think the nuclear family is a negative. So it's an it's an organ of oppression. So most of us the family unit is, you know, that's kind of the highest everything. And he thinks that gets in the way of the best interests of the kids, which is so weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I could parse more of what he said. But at this point I feel like I'm listening to the rantings of a madman in my uh my patience is limited.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't be bothered really at all if he's just a I don't know, he's just some online guy that you know, got a PhD in something weird. But he's one of the most important law schools in the world, or in law school in America.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's our Nobody like him should be able to be running anything ever teaching kids, and.
Speaker 2: He's at like the highest level of it.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna tell you to say I told you so. But if any of you thought old Joe Geddy ranting about how completely insane our university systems have become, you know what, a writen apology would be.
Speaker 2: Great. God, that's crazy. I know, it's crazy. Where did we have the common sense conversation? Now or two kind of fits in with that. So this is a guy that's got so much education that he ignores what he sees around him, Because I would think that he would look around him and realize that twenty one year olds often have really distorted wrong views of the world because of their lack of life experience, not their fault. I did too, Whereas somebody who's fifty years old and has had multiple jobs and raised kids and pay taxes all this sort of stuff has all kinds of insights that a twenty year old does not have.
Speaker 3: For instance, seen every scam political and otherwise that's come down the pike and recognizes them and thinks, oh, I know that one. No, a twenty something, you know, Ross does that at one point said with all due respect to twenty four year old recent college graduates, And I thought that was one of the most ironic uses of that phrase I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: How much respect is do them exact?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, one of the reasons I soured on academia, and it had some role in me not going to law school, was that I realized in academia you spin a line of bull crap, and sometimes it's truth and exploring science or coming to great you know, you know, realizations about humankind, but often.
Speaker 2: It's just crap.
Speaker 3: And your career depends on you reinforcing your bull crap one hundred percent and making it more complicated, writing books about it, selling it to other people, convincing your undergrads having grad assistants who help you perpetuate your bull crap, which when if it is exposed to the real world for like a day, it would wither because it's.
Speaker 2: Crap's crap, it's crap, it's crap. That's my point precisely. And this guy.
Speaker 3: Has spun one of the more ridiculous lines of bull crap I've ever heard in my life. He has attained great heights of academia. People probably tremble in his presence. He's so important and he is completely divorced from reality.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure if he gives you the nod for a job or a position in another college or something like that, it's among the most important things that could happen to you.
Speaker 3: Oh if he writes your letter of recommendation as you're applying for law jobs, as my daughter is right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Okay, here's everybody do an experiment this week and let your kids be in charge of everything, what you do, where you go, how you spend your money, what you eat. Then see how it goes. They know better than you do. You a presser, get out of their way shanty shop on shron and.
Speaker 1: Armstrong.
Speaker 3: Heyetty here's your freedom loving quote of the day. Continuing on our on and off series on Iran. This is from Zippy Livney Use, a commentator on the Middle East. Hamas does not represent the national aspirations of the Palestinians. It represents extreme Islamic ideas which they share with Iran, Hesblah and Syria. That was back when Asad Ran Sirih. I think I wonder when that was dated, because Sirih has changed a great deal a former Islamist now in charge. Interesting question mailbagot drop us a note mail bag and I'm strong getdi dot com. Dave from South Carolina writes, yes, Jack Trump can call it off and he did. Did you ever stop to think that he might have a little more info about this situation than you two chuckleheads?
Speaker 2: And is there something wrong with not going to war? Really? Can I say this with the utmost affection for the two chuckleheads?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I agree. And a lot of Trump's critics who would say, you know, he won't listen to allies and he's going to start World War three. He should be happy that he didn't pull off the biggest military operation since World War Two, he said, And he's listening to allies. He called it off because NBS and Saudi Arabia said, hey, please don't do that. But the part is the crying wolf. You gotta stop crying wolf, Daves.
Speaker 3: The counterpoint would be, he started a bar fight thinking the other guy would back down, and when the other guy didn't back down, now he's left a situation that's much significantly worse in a lot of ways than it was before and has no idea what to do with it, do about it.
Speaker 2: Rather, I am a chucklehead though.
Speaker 3: Some folks today is Henry's topic. I was listening to Jerry Klower's a popular country comedian from the seventies. Jack, Did you know Jerry Klower's act o? When I was a little kid, he was on heel. Oh yeah, yeah, it's gonna say the name is vaguely familiar, but I was more of a city boy anyway. He said, some folks today are educated beyond their intelligence. I thought that explains today's socialists pretty well, educated beyond their intelligence.
Speaker 2: That's an actual thing. That's an interesting concept, Yeah, but it clearly is true. It's a thing. Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, once you surpass somebody's level of intelligence, or sophistication, skepticism maybe what would you call it, because it could be somebody with a fourth grade education who's very, very street smart. Once you surpass the level of somebody's skepticism or intelligence, education just becomes indoctrination. You're not introducing ideas to them, You're just imprinting ideas upon them.
Speaker 2: And what is common sense? Has that ever been like analytically nailed down as a part of intelligence. I don't think it's one of the They talk about emotional intelligence, and you know, all kinds of different musical mathematics. I've never heard common sense. But that's got to be something, oh star.
Speaker 3: Scholarly papers and or you know, thought provoking books on the topic. But not you'd think at this point in our lives we would have heard a good, solid sentence or two definition of common sense, like the sort of.
Speaker 2: Person would say, you can't close prisons, not have jails, that's nuts, right, since the dawn of man, Offer your own make your subject line common sense in all caps.
Speaker 3: If that help me see it quickly, offer your simple definition of common sense, and we will reconvene perhaps tomorrow at roughly this time, and share those with each other.
Speaker 2: I think that'd be cool again.
Speaker 3: The email address is mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com. Here's a great point from Alan from Rosetown. If Mayor Mumdanni's going to open up government grocery stores, think about this. And I've been thinking about this a great deal. Inspired by another learned commentator, I heard if eggs cost a bodega owner ninety five cents, so the private store owner can sell them for a dollar, why not buy them wholesale at the government store that's selling them, as Mundani claim, is at thirty percent less than the private owner. So the bodegas just buy them at seventy cents and sell them at seventy five cents. Government store will have their shelves emptied by egg sellers. You're exactly right, Allan. It hadn't occurred to me, and I'm a bit ashamed of this, having studied this for a long time. There will be hoarding and reselling because the government proposes to artificially subsidize, to fix the price by artificially subsidizing it. And whenever you distort a market by doing something like that, maybe it's price celings, maybe it's price floors. You cause people to adjust their sales in a significant way. Well in distort less is all right?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so whether it's bodega owners or just I'm gonna go in there and buy every single ham at thirty percent, you know, bolow market.
Speaker 2: Sell them in the parking lot. Exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm going to corner the ham market and then sell them at a modest profit in the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Why he wouldn't die, honey, This is only four hundred dollars. Why didn't we make more? I ate half the ham tied cornered.
Speaker 3: The market than I ate the market shown getty shop arm showing. Jack just sent me. We were talking about this not too long ago. This transgender player dominating Frank pardon basketball. Yeah, yes, this transgender player dominating France's second tier women's basketball league and now the WNBA is is not out of question. I mean, he is is clearly heading toward I mean he he's a hell of a woman. I mean, this woman deserves our respect. He averaged twenty one points and twenty rebounds, swept Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and uh Domestic Player of the Year. Meeting French Player of the Year in the French League after a record breaking campaign and won't rule out a run at the WNBA, proving once again men are better at being women than women.
Speaker 2: And he got a couple of coaches in recent days because of the whole Maga Barbie Sophie Cunningham thing. I don't like that term. I just that's what they call her. And the coach is coming out and saying, I believe in inclusivity. So yeah, guys should be able to play trans women should be able to play in a league. Okay, you just set it out loud. Well, here he comes and on your bluff, Yeah, here he comes. And are you not gonna sign him because would he make your team better or not? Clearly yes, of course yeah, because he's a man, is a very big if you don't sign him up for your team, what's the reason?
Speaker 3: Exactly? And muscular too. I wish I had arms like that woman anyway, who is a man? The idea that that is Looney Tunes is just common sense. And we were talking about common sense the other day and talking about a definition for it, and I threw it out to you good people to find common sense for us. Thought I'd run through a handful of those. I have my own, Jack, I don't know if you have one or or could craft one. Well, just to set it up what I've always been hearing this your whole life. Yeah, he's book smart, but he doesn't have any common sense. Well, I've never heard did they qualify that as one of the kinds of intelligence now that we've broken it down to emotional intelligence? Or what are some of the other ones? Mathematical, spatial, musical, right, athletic intelligence, which is the brain communicating with the muscles.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely a form of intelligence. Is there one that's just common sense? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Such an interesting question. I'm going to kick it off the various attempts with our good, good old friend Paul, former colleague Paul Robbins, just one of the best people we've worked with, and he's quoting from the book Being Logical, A Guide to Good Thinking by d Q Mcinernie, which I don't know, but I'm going to dig into.
Speaker 2: Common sense.
Speaker 3: Is that homey, everyday type of reasoning which is born out of an alert awareness of and respect for the obvious. It is characterized by the unfailing capacity consistently to distinguish between a cat and a kangaroo. I don't know that last part, but anyway, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Grasping the obvious, because the reason we got into this conversation was talking about how can these socialists believe these things? That whatever that first phrase was, you'd think looking around you, you'd recognize this doesn't make any sense, right, this is this could never work? Yeah, right, right?
Speaker 3: And which you know, I'm going to end with mine, which is only ten words long. I think I kind of correctly. My mathematical intelligence is unimpressive. Let's see how about Ron, He says, Guys, I'll give this a shot. Common sense the understanding of basic truisms. That's not exactly what a truism is. But then he says, next question would be why if some people seem to lack common sense? I think that's due to either a people who see the world as they wish it to be rather than what is, and or ideology, social pressure, etc. Is at odds and supersedes the basic truism. Yeah, I think that's pretty You're definitely you know, Ron, what is? Sometimes you can define something by defining the lack of it more accurately. So nice nice job there, Baljeet says, definition told me when I was a kid. Common sense or ideas that are so obviously true that they are commonly held by a majority of people, or at least should be interesting.
Speaker 2: There is something going on there with the you cloud so human beings. We take in all kinds of information through our eyes and ears and reading everything like that, and you cloud reality with a theory either that you came up with on your own or somebody put in your head. Right, that might be it. And I've talked for years about how I've known so many successful businessmen that like, don't pay attention to the news, they don't read books, They just like observe the world. Yeah, and they're not clouded by all these different things. They're just as what do I got to do to make this business make money? People would like this, people would hate that.
Speaker 3: And I wonder if it's some of that, you know, the lack of common sense I might describe as trying to put a framework on the world that doesn't fit. That's what these you know, That's why Soel has said, and I've quted him so many times, there's some ideas so ridiculous only an intellectual could have them. I think that's it. They are so determined not only to put a framework on the world, but like an original one that makes them seem really really smart, and they're so ego driven it blinds them to common sense and a few more. Yeah, let's see. Ana Luisa writes the ability to deal with situations and people in a practical, clear headed way apart from emotion, sentiment, and social pressure. That's really good. And that's really similar to mine too, and hold that one. Uh, let's see. Corey says the reason common sense is the reasoning capacity to survive in a world with no warning labels. That's that's funny, that's you know what. That's even better than I thought it was. I don't need a label to tell me if I fall off the ladder, I'm gonna break my head.
Speaker 2: Common sense tells me that. Wow.
Speaker 3: Nice point, Cory, don't drink this cleaning supply. How about dawn?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Common sense equals if plus then maybe common sense is just the ability to see if then not just if. Like the developmental stages of realizing actions have consequences, the lure of the socialist communist might be dan yet another shiny if. Every time someone brings up than this, it's an interesting thought.
Speaker 2: A couple more. That's kind of tough.
Speaker 3: To follow, Yeah, Mary and Idaho. Common sense is basic practical wisdom. It has learned from general generational truism, sayings and warnings. It's protect protective advice, learn from bad experiences.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Then finally this from Brian, common sense is different for everyone. It's based on personal experience and what you've learned from people with more experience than you, So listen to people with more experience than you. That's just common sense, all right. I think Anna Luisis was probably my favorite. Here's the one I cooked up. Common sense is clear perception combined with a solid understanding of human behavior, clear perception of the point of not being blinded by ideology or your hopes wishes.
Speaker 2: And the human behavior part.
Speaker 3: Is if somebody comes on way too friendly, way too aggressively, common sense tells you they want something, watch out. So emotional intelligence, clear perception plus emotional intelligence.
Speaker 2: That's common sense with a twist of lemon. What I like the uh whoever had in there? Something about like knowledge or information, experience and social pressure because social pressure is the thing too. Clearly, some people are susceptible to social pressure. Sending them against all of their experience, Right, you've never had the experience of I mean, it probably had never occurred to you in your life, the idea that boys should participate in girls' sports. Just to use that one again, but the social pressure just overrode all of the common sense, other and sense stuff. Wow. Wow.
Speaker 3: So and that social fear is fear, a fear of not being accepted. So fear blinds common sense at times, as does hope or or wishful thinking.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Well, I hope that was even slightly helpful to anybody.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of surprised this isn't a more common conversation. Seems to be pretty important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree, I would agree. I think, you know, it's one of those we know when we see it things common sense.
Speaker 2: But can you have too much common sense and not enough no book smarts?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think so either.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I don't think common sense blinds ideology blind's common sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it only goes one direction.
Speaker 3: No, In fact, I think it's common sense to learn as much as you can and filter it through. Well, that theory makes sense to me. That is crap. Yeah, yeah, A word from our friends at blue Collar Dollar. You're a hard work or you're a saver, you're you're the sort of person that makes America great, and you're a practical person, and you want to talk to somebody who gets you in your lifestyle and talk to you them about finance and investment and retirement. And we'd like to introduce you to blue Collar Dollar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, regular hard working men and women talking to and a financial advisor about your financial dreams and that sort of stuff, with someone who understands you and your lifestyle. If you've saved at least five hundred thousand dollars or more, we invite you to call blue Collar Dollar for a no cost consultation, no obligation. If you don't like what you hear, no harm done, just move on.
Speaker 3: They talk with you, never at you from your mobile phone. Just to get acquainted, Dial pound two fifteen and when you're prompted, say the keywords blue Collar Dollar once again on your mobile phone, dial pound two fifty and say blue Collar Dollar. Advisory surfaces offered through Talent LLC and SEC registered investment advice marketing is conducted by its affiliated company, blue Collar Dollar, LLC registration as an investment advisor does not imply a certain level of skill or training. For more important disclosures, visit blue collar dollar dot com. A lot of those disclaimers are ridiculousous, a lot of your being, a lot of your blue collar sort of worker.
Speaker 2: People I have grown up with and better around my whole life have more common sense than other people. Why do you suppose that it's because it's necessary to survive? I think so, or having just much crap thrown at them that clouds your common sense, because that might be what happened to a certain extent. Going to college. Clouds people's common sense. I think it can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can lose it in enthusiasm for new ideas. I'm I'm trying to process.
Speaker 2: Where does uh?
Speaker 3: Some working class guys who I was very fond of, really enjoyed talking to them, who were absolute falling for the Candice Owen's grift.
Speaker 2: A good point.
Speaker 3: Good points because that is a grifter appealing to their perception of their own common sense but twisting it for her profit, saying come on, this doesn't connect. I mean there's something going on here. No, you can't fool me, saying hey, if you have common sense, you'll agree with me, and as people who pride themselves on their common sense, they get yanked along by that. So I don't know where that falls into our rubric or X and Y axis or cloud of word cloud or whatever the hell we're doing here.
Speaker 1: But Jack Armstrong and Joe Gaddy.
Speaker 2: We've decided to call this the best weekend talk show in America. And if you like it and download Armstrong, you get it on demand. You got this other person running in Wisconsin, Francesca A. Hong, who's just a what is she just? A congress person there currently the front in the Democratic primary for governor Wisconsin. Bah blah blah blah bah. Anyway, she's a member of the Democratic Socialist of America also, and as we talked about the last couple of weeks, and you know, their platform includes lots of crazy crap like closing prisons and abolishing the Constitution and all kinds of different stuff. Anyway, she's been asked about a number of things. She is not a smart, formidable person, but she still might get the nomination. Here she is on CNN and they got on this topic somehow. You said Americans should cancel Thanksgiving. Should have done this in sixteen twenty one, do you still believe that Thanksgiving should be canceled.
Speaker 8: I'm a chef and one of the first meals that I made that was for the community when I was sixteen was a Thanksgiving meal. Now, I always think my hospitality background and owning a restaurant for steff in eight years, that bringing folks around the table to share conversation and build community is always a good thing, Okay, But Thanksgiving is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our communities, and.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to make sure it is at all.
Speaker 8: Understood that there are multiple views, but views can evolve, and the position that I'm running for right now, and I think my background as a chef will actually help me become a better governor that's able to bring more people to.
Speaker 2: The table, literally the Thanksgiving table. So that is being highlighted by lots of Republicans because it's just it's kind of funny that you wouldn't, well, she's obviously a dope. Anybody who who was a serious politician would find a way to pivot out of that stupid controversy very quickly. Get to something anybody cares about, is what is abolishing Thanksgiving as an issue in this country ninety eight too. I mean, what the hell? And again it does not exactly rise to the top one thousand issues on any gallup poll of what people are caring about.
Speaker 3: The colonialism that's why she oppressed. The opposes it ice colonial is.
Speaker 2: How about the next one in order, Michael, with tipping being racist? I haven't heard this one.
Speaker 7: In the service industry. We are finally having this conversation about, you know, how our industry really did come from it and kind of is rooted in white supremacy. That tipping in itself. If we look at the history of tipping and how racist it is and how it has kept wages low for black people for very long time. And if you look at tipping now, how different the scales are in terms of who receives higher percentage of the tips over other folks.
Speaker 2: Wow, she's one of those people. Okay, So somebody bringing you food to your table at a restaurant is all from white supremacy, and we got to do something about the tipping situation.
Speaker 3: In a post a few years ago, she said, I ate two bites of my kids cheeseburger at culvers in Black River Falls and told him they ran out of ice cream. But mostly I just wanted to leave because I was on the verge of an anxiety attack. Too many the old white people who didn't think we spoke English, Oh my god, English something something. She is a absolutely poster child for grievance study, miseducated, obsessed with colonialism, soft head.
Speaker 2: Right, she is not vernable. But you know, these people got the wind at their back because there's such a stiff breeze blowing towards socialism, which a lot of young people think is the same as socializing. So that's why. Or they bought a great lie of communism. Right. But one of my favorite thinkers wrote, ironically, there's a very real possibility that Francesta Hang is such an electoral disaster for Democrats that she sets Dems back a few years, but also sets the DSA back decades and devastates the reputation of zelots like Hassan Piker. That could happen. Oh wow, this could get This could be really good news for people who hate socialism for getting a bigger stage and then just getting trounced in the election. Yeah, this is a ongoing conundrum. It seems like in politics do you fight to stop dangerous and or dopes from getting into office, or do you hope that they win nominations so they can discredit that ideology. I guess that's an ongoing thing.
Speaker 3: I think if you are an American citizen who loves this country, you fight stupid ideology every time you hear it.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good idea too. I don't like the I haven't heard of this go around, but least few election cycles we've heard both sides do this, where you spend money on a bad candidate or an evil candidate to try to get them the nomination. And I don't like that. That is playing too close with the playing with matches.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and you're allowing the weed of their awful ideas to grow and flourish. And as we've seen lately, and I've been thinking about this a lot, the effect of really bad ideas on young people, and how we as a people have assumed, because we've been so successful and so comfortable, that the idea of radical political movements has always been kind of just funny to us or pathetic.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know.
Speaker 3: Upstart football leagues, you know what's going to happen. You know, you think, wow, they're going to try that again, and sure enough, two years later they declare bankruptcy and we're all watching the NFL.
Speaker 2: Right, poor idea reality shows, right exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we have that idea about radical political movements too, but if you study it around the globe and through history, you know that often they succeed and either take power, millions of people die. And we are much much closer now to this radical political movement getting the stage where people die or certainly fortunes are lost and people are oppressed and screwed bad. And so yeah, I don't like the idea of let's put some fertilizer on these weeds, because when the time comes, we'll just mow them down.
Speaker 1: Careful, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: We've decided to call this the best weekend talk show in America. And if you like it and download Armstrong, you're Getty on demand