Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty enough he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: President Trump forged this moment. Iran begged for this ceasefire, and we all know it as a president truth this morning a big day for world peace. Iran wants it to happen. They've had enough.
Speaker 4: Boy, I hope all that's true. Doesn't seem that it's obviously true. So we'll talk more about that later this hour. What happened last night? What has been agreed to or not agreed to so far? It's quite a mystery to practically everybody.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: We'll hit it hard maybe the bottom of this hour.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, at its height, oil was one hundred and twelve dollars a barrel.
Speaker 2: Right now it's ninety one, So you got that. Stay with us.
Speaker 1: Disruption has its own costs. If you can tweak something as opposed to blowing it up, often that's a good deal, whether a relationship or a job or just how There are a thousand examples. Sometimes something needs to be completely disrupted, and the downside of the disruption just has to be dealt with, and I would argue that's where we are with America's government schools at this point. And on that topic, a handful of in a piece of information I've come across. San Francisco school officials voted last week to restore eighth grade algebra, more than a decade after the district eliminated the course in the name of equity, which attracted intense criticism as math stores excores declined across the district. So it's good that they backtracked from a horrifically stupid policy. But the school board I proved that measure by a four to three vote.
Speaker 2: Wow, and it lasted ten years.
Speaker 1: The district policy, implemented in twenty fourteen of San Francisco led the charge toward absolutely insane abusive education policies removed algebra from middle schools and an attempt to give minority students more time to learn basic maths skills. Instead, math proficiency declined across the district among all cohorts, including among black students. Eighth grade math proficiency in San Francisco public schools fell from fifty one percent to forty percent in the space of six years.
Speaker 4: Well fifty one percent is a horror. Right, that starting number is a horror, And how did this program work?
Speaker 1: Equity wise, Jack proficiency among black students fell from eleven percent to four percent.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Parents who could afford tutors or enrolling their kids in summer school often did, paying out a pocket under the old policy. San Francisco. This is a quote from a Stanford economists. They try to achieve equity not by raising the floor, but by lowering the ceiling. It's a problem we see nationally. Just horrible.
Speaker 2: That's enough of that, though, God dang it.
Speaker 4: Even in general, it's really hard to know how much your kids are learning at school unless you're like questioning them themselves, because they will give your kids good grades and just pass them along and you have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely now from the right leaning New York Post. This is an article or an editorial by doctor Kerrie Ingram, who's an education specialist. Schools should educate children, not train activists. America's public education system is drifted dangerously from its core mission.
Speaker 2: Schools exist to educate people.
Speaker 1: Children obviously teach them how to read, write, think critically, and understand the world around them. But across the country, many classrooms are increasingly focused on something else. Entirely, they are bent on turning students into political activists and man, she runs through a nationwide checklist of school children, little children participating in anti ice drills in protests. It's the latest example of political propaganda forced on kids during the school day. In New York, footage shows a preschool teacher encouraging children to talk about how they feel about ice and President Trump, obviously based on the so called education they've received from their teacher. In Boston, here's a video of an elementary school teacher showing her little kids marching around the classroom holding signs chanting no Donald Trump, No Donald Trump. It's full on activist training with taxpayer dollars during the school day, and she which.
Speaker 2: Would be horrible on its own.
Speaker 4: If reading in math were at ninety five percent proficiency, it would be awful and a danger to society. But you got both ends are bad, agreed.
Speaker 1: Students are taught to organize demonstrations, participate in protests, and adopt ideological positions on complex public issues, things they don't have the facts or context for, and often before they've even mastered basic academic skills.
Speaker 2: To Jack's point.
Speaker 1: Then she restates your argument more or less alternately, it's increasingly replaced with lessons instead of reading, math, science, and history, lessons centered on activism, grievance, and personal political identity. This isn't preparing students for success. It's distracting them from the very education they desperately need. And she goes into some of the miserable results and more examples of the activism. The largest teachers union, the National Education Association, is training teachers right now. They're growing these programs in advancing LGBTQ plus justice and transgender advocacy rather than how to teach reading, writing, and math, not like transgender awareness, but advocacy and obviously, as she makes the point, kids are not learning to think critically and how to think. They're learning what they must think. There's only one belief that's allowed. It is drilled into them. I wish we had time for this whole article, because it is very, very good, but.
Speaker 2: I was struck by this.
Speaker 1: The left leaning it'll leaning please, it leans so far it's going to fall over and crack its head. The left leaning Atlantic, with their big feature article America is sliding toward illiteracy declining standards and low expectations are destroying American education. I would go with have destroyed, but I would say have perverted and screwed a couple of generations of children already.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're all familiar with the oft stated truism that we didn't know what was happening in the classrooms till COVID and parents looked over their kids' shoulders and were like, what the hell, here's the bad news that had been going on for some time, and it's still going on now. They just know they have to keep it a little more cod And I beg you, I beg you.
Speaker 2: To believe me.
Speaker 1: I'm not a paranoiac with some sort of agenda, just trying to keep you listening. This is true. Let me quote a little from the Atlantic. The past decade may rank is one of the worst in the history of American education.
Speaker 2: So they ease in the least. That doesn't surprise me in the least.
Speaker 1: It marks a stark reversal from what was once a hopeful story at the start of the century. This century, American students registered steady improvements in math and reading. Around twenty thirteen, this progress began to stall out and then to backslide dramatically. What exactly went wrong? The decline began well before the pandemic, so covid era disruptions alone cannot explain it. Smartphones in social media probably account for some of the drop, but there's another explanation, albeit one that progressives in particular seem reluctant to countenance a pervasive refusal to hold children to high standards, and I would argue in progressives are absolutely as unwilling to consider this substituting indoctrination for learning.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is a tough subject for me to engage in and not lose my mind because I've lived it, because my kids, you know, the last decade we've fallen off a cliff. My kids are sixteen and fourteen, so I've lived this. I've had teachers tell me your kid is grade level and then quisdom and found out, no, he's freaking not not even close, not even close.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: We are now seeing what the lost decade in American education is wrought they rite in the Atlantic. By some measures, American students have regressed to a level not seen in twenty five years or more. Test scores from the National Association of Educational Process Progress rather release this year's show that thirty three percent of eighth graders are at reading at a level that is below basic, a third of them meaning that they struggle to follow the order of events in a passage or even to summarize its main idea. Boy, but they can tell you that about all the different genders. That is the highest share of students unable to meaningfully read since nineteen ninety two. Among fourth graders, forty percent are below basic in reading, the highest share since two thousand. In twenty twenty four, the average score on the ACT the Popular College Admission Standardized Test was nineteen point four, the worst average performance since the test was redesigned in nineteen ninety. American school children have given up almost all of the gains they achieved at the start of the century. And they mentioned that parents with more money have put their kids in private schools, hired tutors, et cetera. But the masses of people in say, the bottom eighty percent of income, who might not have had those opportunities or not been aware of how critical it was to exercise them, have seen miserable, miserable results. And this is the progressive agenda teachers' unions at work.
Speaker 2: Well, for many, you get a major.
Speaker 4: Disruption of our government schools. Now, if you grew up the way I grew up most of us did, where your parents could assume that you're learning to read and write, and that if you're getting a's and b's or c's or whatever, you're roughly doing okay and everything, but that those years are I don't know when it ended, but those days are over. You cannot at all assume your kid is learning basic reading, writing, and arithmetic, or that their grade means anything.
Speaker 1: I will restate what I've said many times. You may be in the ruby reddest town in America. There is an island of deep blue in your town. It is your government schools. Trust me on this. Here's another great article point rather from the far left Atlantic. A seemingly plausible culprit and a familiar boogeyman for progressives is insufficient spending. The problem with this tidy explanation is that it's not tethered to reality. School spending did not decline from twenty twelve to twenty twenty two. In fact, it increased significantly even after adjusting for inflation. From fourteen thousand dollars a student to more than sixteen thousand, and a great great deal more in more expensive places. Oh boy. And they go into the financing and more or less, just.
Speaker 4: We're spending more than we've ever spent per student adjusted for inflation, in getting less. That's the only thing you need to know.
Speaker 1: Besides America recently ran a very large natural experiment and dropping money on schools that in a world, in a word, failed. He goes into the details. Michael Petrelli, the president of the Thomas by Fordham Institute, an education policy think tank, said, and I quote, and I'm going to use the term spit for obvious reasons here. The scientific term for this is that we didn't get Jack's spit out of that money. There's some studies that can detect small impacts, but they're small. I think it's also fair to say that a lot of the money was wasted. I mean, obviously we could go on all day. I will not step even a tiny baby step back from my statement that I've made more than once. The biggest crisis, the biggest problem the United States of America faces right now is the indoctrination and lack of education of our children. China as a threat pails next to it, as does Iran.
Speaker 2: End of screed for now, well, and they'll all fit together eventually. Well.
Speaker 1: And the fact that all of this, all of this, the progressivism is being pushed hard by China through TikTok among other things, and Russia and all of our adversaries, they are bankrolling the crap out of it. Who do you think George Soross? What do you think he believes? Why do you think he's financing what he is to bring down the great evil United States?
Speaker 2: All right, that's the end of my screed.
Speaker 4: Day one of my son's public school history class, they had to write the land acknowledgment. That's what they did in history class on day one. He is no longer in that.
Speaker 2: Glass, but.
Speaker 4: Tear it all down. It's unreal. Any comments text line four one five two nine five KFTC. So we're going to talk about the cease fire and what we know and what we don't know coming up in just a little bit. But we didn't because Trump threatened to end to civilization yesterday. We didn't get around to this story. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you just heard the broad outlines of it.
Speaker 4: Two days ago when it first emerged of dude goes out in a boat with his wife. He comes back, swims back saying wife fell overboard.
Speaker 1: He paddled back saying his wife fell overboard with the boat key in her hand, so he couldn't start the engines. So it took him a very long time to get back to reporter missing.
Speaker 2: So that was all I heard. Maybe all of you, was there?
Speaker 4: Anybody unless you haven't watched enough twenty twenty your dateline in your life, who didn't immediately jumped to the he killed her? Yeah, immediately anyways. So here's the latest development in the story.
Speaker 5: The desperate search into Bahamas from Michigan mother Lynette Hooker, who went missing during a nighttime boat ride with her husband, Brian Hooker, has entered day three. Speaking to CBS News Carly Ailsworth, Lynette's daughter, says the two had a rocky relationship. Their relationship has been a lot of fighting and drinking lately, so I'm just kind of questioning what actually went on in the dinghy. Royal Bahamian Police Hey Brilliant told investigators Lynette fell over from an eight foot hard bottomed dinghy with the keys to the boat and was carried away by strong rip currents. Allsworth says her mother is an experienced swimmer and boater and doesn't believe his story.
Speaker 4: Adds up, Okay, that doesn't include the daughter, also saying yesterday he had once threatened to drown her.
Speaker 2: And I just obviously this is not funny.
Speaker 4: It's just it's incredible to me that the idiot murderers, like the guy on the cliff in Hawaii, took out an insurance policy on his wife. Then a week later, you know, beats tries to beat her to death with a rock and throw off a cliff and thinks he's gonna get away with it.
Speaker 2: This guy had been getting into fight, said I'm gonna kill you, I'm gonna drown.
Speaker 4: You, and then takes her out in a boat and she disappears, and he thinks that that's gonna work.
Speaker 1: He makes up this elaborate story that conveniently explains like every aspect of it, then makes it look like he's not a murderer.
Speaker 2: What is it with the murderous idiots?
Speaker 1: Well in, the guy in Hawaii was a doctor, I mean, very bright, but some people, some people must have a blind spot imagining how their story is going to sound to another person. I mean, because that boat story, like you said, everybody reacted the same way. Wait a minute, we all reacted that way before we heard from the daughter who said, yeah, he'd been threatening to kill her for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's place. It's over what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's so unfortunate that that so many bad things happen at the hands of complete idiots.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope this is nobody in our audience. But if there's somebody vexing you in your life and you're thinking about killing him, number one, you will get caught and you will be in a cage for the rest of your life. Number two, just just go through the other choice and no matter how painful it might be, of divorce or lawsuit or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she fell overboard with the key and you see, and yeah, you're right, and you know what's gonna happen. We're just gonna say, damn, that's a shame.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: My prayers are with you.
Speaker 4: Go and live your life now without your wife burdening your soul.
Speaker 1: Because it's never your angry, drunk spouse who commits that sort of crime. So I guess you're free to go you morewed Oh, unbelievable. Did Iran get everything it wanted or close to it, or did Trump get everything he wanted?
Speaker 4: We can get into some of the details on that coming up. The details that are known, which aren't many.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: The president declaring victory, but so is the Iranian regime as it announces that the country is going to temporarily halt retaliatory attacks in the region to allow these negotiations to take place. It also says it's going to reopen the critical Strait of Horne Moose for the next two weeks. But honestly, there are many unanswered questions about what's actually been agreed and achieved. Although the Strait of Horror Moose will reopen for now, it'll be controlled by the Iranian military, whereas before the war there was a free passage for all vessels.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to come up with the most charitable view of this I possibly can. Maybe maybe the problem that some of us are making is not recognizing that this is just a pause for the negotiations. This is not anything having been accomplished. Just both sides have proposals. Let's stop the fighting and then sit down and talk. About these proposals when.
Speaker 1: As I suggested earlier, also get a grip on who are the new guys, who's in charge, and what are their attitudes.
Speaker 4: With the idea that we could restart the ass kicking right if they don't agree?
Speaker 1: Got this note just real briefly, Dave from South Carolina, loyal day from South Carolina. We assume that Dave here you're the loyal start. Can you act a little bit happier that we're not at war today? And hell didn't break loose the way you thought it was going to yesterday. That's why I haven't watched the mainstream meetings. That's twenty twenty. I swear a lot of people seem bummed out today that the war didn't happen like they thought it would. Market's way up, disaster averted, beautiful, spring weather, life's good. Go buy some stocks, boys, Which is funny. I think I would describe it, Dave, as there was a giant hornet's nest in the attic, and today was the day that the battle was going to begin, and the exterminator said, Ehna, it's going to be fine, And I'm like, oh, there's still a hornet's nest in the attic.
Speaker 2: That's where we are. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the problem with my rosi scenario is that not what the Trump administration is saying. They're saying that Iran has agreed to all this stuff, and there's no indication that they actually have right now. Maybe that's just Trump being the salesman with the presumptive.
Speaker 2: Clothes or whatever.
Speaker 4: Here's a rosy view before we get to some of the less rosy views. Former Ambassador to Oman. His name is Mike smart Sievers. He tweeted this out my take on the ceasefire. Iran blinked. Just yesterday the regime rejected a temporary ceasefire and refused to meet in Islamabad overnight. They took President Trump's threats seriously. There is no way to bridge Iran's ten points with America's fifteen. So the outcome of negotiations depends on whether Iran accepts the fundamental US demands removal of highly enriched uranium, no further enrichment, dismantlement of the ballistic missile and drone capacity, and end to funding and directing regional proxies, and a full reopening of the Strait of Horror moves we'll see soon enough. Well, there's no indication that they're going to agree to any of those things. They have never hinted that they're going to do any of those things. And they're claiming to their own people and anybody who asks, they haven't agreed to those things and they won't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if there is an explanation to square that circle, whatever that expression means, I don't know what it is, and I'm working as hard as I can to imagine it now. The Okay, here's here's one possibility. The shaky newish leaders of Iran, trying to coalesce their control over the military and the country, are anxious not to signal any sort of weakness less to more militant factions push them aside. So they're talking to Washington while claiming to be hard asses at home.
Speaker 4: That's a good angle, and that could be one of those things that you know, with the twenty twenty hindsight, twenty years from now, when the details come out, it'll all make sense because.
Speaker 2: This does happen a lot.
Speaker 4: Read some history of some major ending of conflicts or peace deals or whatever. There's so many things going on behind the scenes that you don't know about that you can't know about.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's it.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe the people kind of in charge and Iran have told Trump and Witkough that the only way we're holding on is by pretending to be a hard ass. Otherwise we're dead and then you'll be negotiating with the real crazies. And so we've got to at least protect that's possible, That is absolutely hundred percent possible.
Speaker 1: The businessmen are trying to wrest control away from the religious fanatics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's possible.
Speaker 4: For what we know, though, Trump said, quote from his own post complete a metis and safe opening of the Straight of Horm moves. The Financial Times and others are reporting that as of this morning, Iran is demanding that shipping companies pay tolls in cryptocurrency for oil tankers to pass through the Straight of horor Moves.
Speaker 2: The strait was.
Speaker 4: Free to pass through before the war started, and as of today it looks like you gotta pay Iran a toll now. Jonathan Carl just tweeted out that he had a conversation on the phone with President Trump and Trump said he's okay with the Iranians charging a toll for all the ships that go through the Straight of horor moves. He said, we're thinking of doing this as a joint venture, a US Iran venture to charge tolls.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 4: We're thinking of doing this as a joint venture. It's a way of securing it, also securing it from lots of other people.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: If that is the result, Trump will be impeached and he should be.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: He bombed the b Jesus out of Iran. They become more militant and seize control of the Straight of hor moves. They promised to share some of the booty with us, and we say, okay, it's.
Speaker 4: A deal because in Trump's mind, we weren't getting any money for ships going through previously and now we are.
Speaker 2: So that's good.
Speaker 4: Yes, the people of Iran still live under a horrifying regime that is gonna seek out anybody who said an even slightly kind word about the United States over the last month, and they're going to torture them to death and hang them in the streets.
Speaker 1: With all due respect to the horrors that the people of Iran suffer, I'm more concerned about the US and our allies. Will Iran continue to export Islamic fundamentalist terror?
Speaker 2: How about that? Aspect.
Speaker 1: I don't care how big a slice we're getting of the action in the strait of horror moves.
Speaker 2: If they keep doing that, how about.
Speaker 4: The main reason for the war? Do they hang onto the uranium and keep working on trying to get a bomb?
Speaker 1: Questions piled on question now.
Speaker 4: Trump said this morning that Iran is gonna help us dig up the uranium and get it out of the country. That's hard to imagine. I suppose it's possible, but that seems unlikely. But well, the only thing we have to go on right now is Trump's own quotes today. We're thinking of charging a toll as a joint venture, and it's a way of securing it from lots of other people.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing. That's where we're gonna end up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm digging. I'm trying to come up with any clues. International relief was tempered by uncertainty over what comes next.
Speaker 4: There also is this. This has been reported. I saw it on MSNBC and Fox. Our version of the agreement of the ceasefire is they get up their nuclear program and we get the uranium back. The Farsi version that Iran put out doesn't include that that's a pretty major point. It's the reason the war happened.
Speaker 1: Hey, somebody hit copy. They forgot to hit paste. It happens. Oh boy, I'm uh. I'm reading some of the statements of the people involved, and I just I don't know. There's just there's no knowing at this point. Shipping companies signaled that they were cautious about resuming transit through the waterway, and full of ships have been observed moving through each day since the war began. Blah blah blah. Israel said the ceasefire did not extend to Lebanon. On Wednesday, carried out its largest strike against Hesbla since that front opened up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the agreement out of Islamabad said that Israel did need to stop attacking Lebanon and Hezbollah. Israel said, we don't agree with that, and they've hit him more today than they have at any point over the last month.
Speaker 1: Further highlighting the fragility of the truth.
Speaker 2: Such as it is.
Speaker 1: Iran's state media reported that an oil refinery on Lavan And, an Iranian island in the Persian Gulf, was struck by unspecified enemies. Freshraanian attacks were also reported in some Persian Gulf countries. Kuwait's defense ministry said that its air defenses had engaged with at least twenty eight drones from Iran despite the ceasefire, investors welcomed this ceasefire after weeks of war. They haven't ceased firing. Is my objection that term.
Speaker 4: I give more leeway to that, just because the ends of lots of wars have included continuing to fire stuff off for a while.
Speaker 2: It's hard to get everybody on board, I guess. And here's the key sentence.
Speaker 1: Worldwide relief at the pause in fighting was tempered by confusion over what would come next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is financial times. Trump says US and Iran will dig up and remove nuclear material. You know, big if true, as they say. Mark Alprin, from his newsletter today, said, if there is a Trump master stroke coming, it will emanate from a place that is currently hidden from analysts about what happened and what happens next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did happen last night? What is actually being a was anything? Agreed to.
Speaker 1: Critics of mister Netanyah, who's called these ceasefire a diplomatic disaster and accused him of failing to achieve his stated war goal of destroying Iran's theocratic government.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go with let's hear from Pete Hegzeth presenting the other side of this, starting with sixty and run through a couple of these.
Speaker 3: Michael Iran has been a threat to the United States and the free world for forty seven years, chance of death to America, targeting our people, killing Americans, lying and blackmailing their way toward a nuclear weapon. So they thought, no longer, not on our watch.
Speaker 1: Is never mind everything we just said, sorry to have wasted your time.
Speaker 2: Well is that true?
Speaker 4: I mean, could surely Pete Heggsath wouldn't go out and say that if there wasn't some chance that it's true. But I can't imagine how it is. Did the agreement include because the weird junior is in charge, he's the Ayatola, he's in a coma. He isn't in charge of squad, that's my opinion. Okay, so you think there's a new regime in charge that's not going to chant death to America and is going to tell uh, you know the However, many million people are in that believe that sort of thing. Hey, hey, no more death to America. We're kind of friends with it.
Speaker 2: Now we're trying to think that we're charging No.
Speaker 4: But Pete Hagsath seems to does he believe that though I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't have the slightest more from Pete.
Speaker 2: This is just a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 3: President Trump forged this moment. Iran begged for this ceasefire.
Speaker 1: And we all know.
Speaker 3: It as a president truth. This morning a big day for world peace. Iran wants it to happen.
Speaker 2: They've had enough.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to just be Captain negative, but they probably did beg for a seat fire. It includes we now control the strait of hormones and get to charge a toll, and according to our version in Farsie of the ceasefire, we get to keep our uranium. So yeah, I'm all for the ceasefire. They might say, yeah, I mean I would beg for that ceasefire too.
Speaker 2: Pete goes on.
Speaker 3: Operation Epic Fury was a historic and overwhelming victory on the battlefield. A capital v military victory by any measure. Epic Fury decimated Iran's military and rendered it combat ineffective for years to come.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, I think this next clip is the key clip. If there is a key clip.
Speaker 3: This new regime just happened to look at what happened to their predecessors. Their top leadership was systematically eliminated. The previous Iranian Supreme Leader dead, the Supreme National Security Council secretary dead, the Supreme Leader Office advisor dead, the Supreme Leader Military Office chief dead, the Defense Minister no longer with us, the IRGC commander dead, the Armed Forces General Staff commander dead, the Intelligence minister dead, the IRGC Navy commander no longer here, the IRGC Intel chief dead.
Speaker 4: So the most charitable view is what you were saying. They are dealing with somebody that's nominally in charge right now. They can't say it out loud because they're trying to figure out how to consolidate power and and you know, deal with the people that.
Speaker 2: Want them dead.
Speaker 4: They have agreed and said, yeah, we're fine with not having a nuclear weapon, fine with us. We'll give you the uranium and the street community for killing the lunatics by the way, Yeah yeah, yeah, and we're going to try to run the country.
Speaker 2: I hope we can all be friends.
Speaker 4: Maybe we're dealing with a group of people that are saying that, and they're trying to consolidate. I heard this phrase one time, maybe from Henry Kissinger somebody like that. The only way a state, a nation can survive is if it has a monopoly on violence.
Speaker 2: You have to have a monopoly on violence.
Speaker 4: They're trying to come up with a monopoly on violence, so they're not other groups out there that can, you know, challenge them and the.
Speaker 1: Keys to the treasury. Yeah, exactly. I mean, if that is true, that's an incredibly, incredibly encouraging development, a big If we'll wait and say.
Speaker 2: God, I would say, holy crap.
Speaker 4: All right, any thoughts so you can text us or emails. I'm gonna certain me today. I need uh egg McMuffin, and I need eleven big breakfasts with the hotcakes. He said, eleven big breakfast eleven Yes, all right, just a warning that will take probably a while.
Speaker 1: Well, I got eight hungry kids at the house, so yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Broka A second, I need manager approval.
Speaker 1: Need manager approval, anything else today?
Speaker 2: No, that'll be it. If you're looking at eighty three thirty four, the next eighty three Okay, thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Uh first of all, chuckles, McGruff there was taking it all in a good spirit. Apparently that's a quote unquote viral video.
Speaker 2: He's got a big family. Ba ba ba uh.
Speaker 4: There's actually a follow up story, manage your approval if you order like more than what four biscuits or something, because the other customers.
Speaker 2: Will have to wait for longer than they want.
Speaker 1: Actually, that might relate to the follow up story that I've got, which we barely have time for. But interestingly, and we can come back to this later, there's just absolutely no question that Americans are have been getting richer over the last thirty forty years. The middle class is smaller because the upper middle class is much bigger. Every quintile is improving in virtually every single way, and the populists on the left and right are all wrong. We can get back to that next hour. But interestingly, this you remember the kind of woosy McDonald's CEO who is nibbling at the new Burger. There's a great article in the Journal about how McDonald's is dealing with a K shaped economy and a K shaped menu. They have one cohort of their audience who wants like better food and are willing to pay eight nine bucks for burger. That's fine, absolutely fine. There's a huge chunk of their business that needs the low priced, extra special cheapo stuff, and they're trying to figure out how to cater to both audiences.
Speaker 2: Give mean to stuffy dropped on the floor for right kids, that's okay, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're experimenting with plump, juicy mcspicy wings six dollars for four pieces. They're more than twice as expensive as the equivalent number of McNuggets, but they're much higher quality the McNugget.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: The review says they felt bigger than what I got at my last visit to Buffalo Wild Wings. The handbreaded, crispiness, rivals raising canes, Oh wow.
Speaker 4: My son wanted to try those when we were there at the McDonald's a couple weeks ago, but they were out for some reason, so they must be popular, mustn't be. And then I got that new sandwich that the CEO tried and hated it. But personally I didn't like that one, but the big arch, the big arch, I did not like. Yeah, can I love McDonald's.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're cut out for the dollar menu. Hey, we're dollar menu kid people kids, It's all right.
Speaker 2: Oh that probably fits. Okay, we got more on the way in hour three, Armstrong and Getty