Speaker 1: Warning today's episode. Today's spoilers for the excellent seventh episode of Agatha all long titled Dest's Hand on Me. Watch that before you listen to this. Hello, I'm Jason Concepcion and I'm Rosey Night and welcome back to Xtra Vision of the podcast. Will we dive deep to your favorite shows, movies, comics of pop culture coming from iHeart Podcast. We're we're bringing you three episodes a week, definitively the favorite Tuesday, with an extra episode on Wednesday and Thursday, and sometimes another extra.
Speaker 2: Episode if you're lucky, If you're lucky, if you're lucky. In today's episode, we are rounding up New York Comic Con news and other news you will be interested in, including the status.
Speaker 3: Of the Blade movie.
Speaker 2: Boohoo on that one, but maybe good news for mahersh Lali maybe maybe, and more. And in the airlock, we are going to be talking about that unbelievable top tier episode of Agatha or Along, which is already being spoken of in hush tones about it being one of the best things, if not the best thing, that Disney plus TV has ever done.
Speaker 3: I mean, what an episode I cannot wait to talk to.
Speaker 1: You about it, but first, previously on First Up in News, DC's Jimley and Friends comics panel from IGN dropped a whole lot of news.
Speaker 2: There was so much news at this panel. First are big news for Jim Lee and Jeff Lobe fans. I would say probably more Jim Lee fancy reuniting for a sequel to the two thousand and two two thousand and four Batman story Hush. Now this is not fully surprising because this has been a hugely influential story on the Batman on apparently more DC stuff that is in the works. There's rumors that Hush will be the villain in the Batman too. I will say there was already a just want to be like a well actually guy, There was already a sequel Heart of Hush Pauldini legendary, but this will be a direct sequel from what they're saying.
Speaker 3: The logo for it is H two s H.
Speaker 2: So the internet has been talking about how do you is it h two USh?
Speaker 3: Is it like my friend Mark said, is it like you pronounce for toosh? It's like hatouche? So who knows.
Speaker 2: We're interested in it, and it's actually going to begin really soon in Batman one fifty eight, which will be around March twenty twenty five, so it will come sooner than expected, even bigger news for me and Jason.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, this is crazy, this is this is so big.
Speaker 2: Obviously, when we relaunched Here at iHeart, we had James Tyning come on, superstar writer and comic book creator who has really been revitalizing horror comics. We talked to him specifically about the Nice House on the Lake series and its continuation the Nice House by the Sea, and very excitingly, because of the success of those absolutely fantastic comics with Alvarro Martinez Bueno, DC is actually going to revive Vertigo as a.
Speaker 3: Creator owned imprint.
Speaker 2: Vertigo is obviously the legendary imprint that saw, you know, the home of retroactively Sam Man, Doom Patrol, Swamp thing and then became the home of things like Preacher and other legendary series. This is actually a tradition that DC has done with Doom Patrol. They retroactively added Vertigo to those an Animal Man, the Grant Morrison Animal Man stuff, and they are going to retroactively add the Vertigo banner to a reprint of the first issue of the nice house by the sea, and then from then on we will be getting more and it's a big deal for DC to be making create our own comics again.
Speaker 1: So am I to understand then, Rosie, that Black Label will continue but as a kind of but as a place where DC characters can be explored in alternate, more mature, gritty visions.
Speaker 3: I think currently that is the understanding.
Speaker 2: I would say, if this Vertigo relaunch goes well, and at the moment everything James Tynan touches is turning to gold and needs to gold turns to gold and it turns and he's got his tiny onion kind of banner where he's producing comics, producing you know, properties to be adapted. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Vertigo and Elseworld's become the main big thing. But there's always a chance that Black Label could exist, especially because one of the cool things about Black Label, in my opinion, is less about the content and more about the style. Because a lot of times they'll do magazine size books. It's kind of more of a banded decinay. You can get really interesting titles from solo cartoonists.
Speaker 3: So they could all they could all live alongside each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my sense is that Vertigo will be for creator owned and a black label will not be for creator owned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, because so in the old days, Vertigo is a very interesting situation because certain things that were created there were creator owned and other things were not. It was all dependent on the contract and the creator. But it sounds like from what they said at this panel, which is always the big DC News panel of the year, it sounds like this is going to be a creator owned banner. And I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some of James Tynan's kind of cohort that he the way he was kind of Scott Snyder's mentor. He now has a crew of young creators. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some of them, Isaac Goodheart, people like that coming in and getting to do some of these creator own books at DC. So I think this is especially exciting if you're a Peacemaker fan. There was some fun Peacemaker news. Peacemaker is actually gonna get its own spin off comic directly connected to the TV show called The Vigilante Eagerly double feature, gonna be set between seasons one and two, kind of like what they did with My Adventures with Superman, and it's gonna be overseen by James Gunn. I think this will be fun. I loved Vigilante, that was my favorite part of the show, and obviously I'm big Godzilla fan, so this was fun. I also think I know Brian Bucachell butcher Leto and he's a really great guy, and he will be returning with artist Christian Juice for Justice League Versus Godzilla Versus Kong two and this is gonna be really cool because there's gonna be Kingadora, Radan Mothra and this will be coming out summer next year. Not a surprise that they're doing this because it was a huge success, but the art looks great. Christian Juice is a great artist, and I think it's gonna be fun to see. The first one was a little bit of a kind of taster on what a crossover like this could be. But I think it's going to be really fun to see the legendary Monster Verus expand in this DC world and see which villains are going to be there trying to weaponize the Titans. So I think this could be really fun. Great panel. Jim Ley never disappoints. If you ever ever at New York Comic Con, this is always a great panel to attend, great energy, awesome news, and who doesn't love Jimley.
Speaker 3: He's the best.
Speaker 1: He's great. The iconic artist and creator Marvel with news. They've announced that there's an upcoming Star Wars Jediight series. It will be released. It will take place before the Phantom Menace and is going to focus on the Jedi Order with an ensemble cast including Quai got Jin Obi Wan, your favorite nine hundred year old doddering Jedi Master Yoda.
Speaker 3: We have will will we ever get rid of this man?
Speaker 2: He has been causing problems in the galaxy for a very long.
Speaker 1: Time, everybody's favorite sad rich boy, Count Dooku, Shock ten, and some new characters too. The promar looks looks really fun. Count Dooku front and center there next to Qui Gunjin. The series will feature in overarching the Street and involving Qui gong Gin, and each issue is going to be focused on a different Jedi coming to you sounds.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of the expanded universes. Everyone knows the there's some great Jedi Night stuff in there, so I'm excited to see how this kind of how this kind of shakes out. And obviously we have been big supporters of the Star Wars comics.
Speaker 3: We love what they've been doing.
Speaker 2: There, so I will be very excited to see this. Always nice to have a new addition to law.
Speaker 1: New for you Wolverine heads out there, and we know that you're out there.
Speaker 3: You guys love Wolverine. Who doesn't like he's a beloved man.
Speaker 1: A beloved beloved Canadian man. There is a new ongoing series, Ultimate Wolverine, which we'll launch in twenty twenty five, written by Chris Condon, drawn by Sandro Capuccio. And for you Marvel Unlimited subscribers out there, like myself, lots of new Astonishing branded series are dropping on the platform, including Astonishing Spider Man episodes issues one and two available now, Astonishing X Men beginning in December twenty twenty four, and Astonishing Avengers.
Speaker 2: And I just want to say that, speaking of Marvel Unlimited, because we are here talking about here, I just want to shout out our pal, Pretty Chibba has an unbelievable book there right now called House of Haarkness. It's like a wonder vision Magic School Wonder is there with Jericho Drum who you may know as Voodoo. Just an absolutely beautiful series, really cool stuff, one of the coolest Marvel comics out there, and you can.
Speaker 3: Only read it on online.
Speaker 2: So I just say go read it because I really want it to become a real physical comic so I can so I can touch it in the shop.
Speaker 3: But it's absolutely delightful, big fan.
Speaker 1: Marvel also previewed their next big crossover event, One World under Doom, which drops Sebruary twenty twenty five, is part of the Rise of Emperor Doom series. Yes, sounds very relevant. I will say Marvel has been quite good in recent years at matching their comics releases to the kind of broad theme of whatever is happening in the in the movie space, that's right. Marvel spider Man two coming to PC January thirtieth. For Marvel spider Man two, the less copaganda version of the Spider Man video game series, attendees got to see a trailer for Daredevil Born Again, starring a long time Daredevil mask wielder, Charlie Cox and of course everybody's favorite bald crime lord, the Kingpin, played by Vincent Tinofrio. Premiering March fourth, twenty twenty five. And you know, the discourse I saw was like, wow, gritty tone and people are excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I saw some really great reactions of like apparently the biggest crowd reaction was when Foggy showed up, which I love.
Speaker 3: Because you know that's a true dead devil crawd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta best, You've gotta be a dead devil devil set up sick as like Foggy shows up and everyone's outside the window.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Foggy Foggy. So yeah, I'm very interested in this once.
Speaker 2: I think as we get closer, we're definitely going to be talking about the Born Again comics and how this may or may not adapt that. I think it could be very intriguing. I also saw a lot of people talking about they hope, you know, we see Echo show up and stuff. So it's definitely going to be an interesting one. But from what everyone says, looks great and the cost I have to say they have. I know, obviously they are under contract, but generally their enthusiasm for the reimagined version of this series has been pretty high. It doesn't feel like when you were asking the cost of game of Thrones, what they thought about the final season.
Speaker 3: Those are memes.
Speaker 1: I do wonder do you think that the response to Foggy played by Elden Henson is do you think it was actually mighty ducks heads and they were just excited, just excited to see from them.
Speaker 2: They were just ready, baby, They were like, you know what, I will say that I do think is really interesting about the Foggy fandom, especially within the TV show and stuff. I feel like most male characters like that a side character or something. And I'm sure the Internet will tell me that I'm wrong if I am wrong.
Speaker 3: But like, I feel like, usually that's like a shipping fandom, but I don't see many people shipping Matt and this. I feel like people just love.
Speaker 2: The fact that this superhero has a sensible best friend who is around and helps him out and says, bro like, don't be doing silly shit and do this, don't do it. Just how about you just focus on being a lawyer. Imagine that murderc and Foggy. Imagine that it will be interesting to see. But yeah, I'm very excited. Obviously the Netflix shows, which we are going to be talking.
Speaker 3: About more extensively in months coming up.
Speaker 2: I think they are really great and fun, but I'm interested to see how Disney Plus makes his mark, especially in an era where we've got a show as fantastic as Agatha going on.
Speaker 1: That's right. The Women of Marvel panel returned to New York City Comic Con, featuring editor Sarah Brunstead, writers Erica Schultz, Mackenzie Cadenhead, and Stephanie Phillips. Some details of note were the Women of Marvel one shot Women of Marvel she Devils, which was going to follow various street level heroines, and Caiden had also announced the five issue limited series in conjunction with the new Doom pair Dom Academy, launching in February as a kind.
Speaker 3: Of tie in man that is like dool.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, if you put the word Academy after a book, I'm putting on my polist, I'm going Avenger's Academy, do am Academy.
Speaker 3: I will be enlisted. I will be enrolled.
Speaker 2: I love a book about some young kids doing something, and I love a rag.
Speaker 3: Tag villain series. This sounds great to me.
Speaker 2: I think I've also seen I saw Angelique Groschere that there's gonna be also a Marvel voices storm Book, which looks really really cool. So I always love more Storm focused because she is such a legend. So yeah, great New York Comic Comfor news, I think I heard that it was a really great one for artists busy as always huge artist Ali really just making it his name. They need a.
Speaker 1: Bigger venue, let me just say it, like, they need to expand it.
Speaker 3: They did also add this. I was not there.
Speaker 2: I did not go for the very reason you're talking about, Jason. Unless someone's paying me, I'm not going in that Javit Center.
Speaker 1: It's too crazy and it's been too credible.
Speaker 2: It's been too crowdy for like five years. But I will say they did actually expand, and this is very notable because now they are a five day convention like San Diego, and their Wednesday is essentially a pro and retailer day, So for comics pros, you could go and listen to people like Scott Snyder giving talks, Retailers could find out about no initiatives.
Speaker 3: So I think that really.
Speaker 2: Once again sets New York Comic Con up as a potential contender for the biggest show because it's always been. It does have more attendees than San Diego comic on, which again is wild because they do not use all of the Javit Center. But I do think we could see in the next few years that conversation about which show is really the main show of the year. I think that especially this year's New York had a lot of TV announcements, a lot of TV panels, So it's going to be an interesting one as we head into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Sad News now is essentially dead. Marvel's basically done. It's not on the twenty twenty five calendar any longer, and it certainly appears that Mhersha A Lee has pulled out of the project. Yes, so now you're talking to a project that has had significant upheaval behind the scenes, both with the writing and directing, and now it does not have a star. This movie's dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was obvious that it was going to get pulled from next year because there's no way they were making that movie this quickly unless they did what I wanted them to do, which was get a budget of like twenty million and make like an actual low budget horror movie, low budget comparatively to the MCU. But obviously they're not going to do that I think this is a real bomba. I think that it's the movie that people have been most excited for in the MCU since it was announced in twenty nineteen. I also think let Mahershela go on and do other great things. I'm also like, is there a way he can be in that Michael B. Jordan vampire movie that they've been making secretly over there him and Ryan Coogler.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let him in.
Speaker 2: Also, this is very much I'm putting big, big rumor. This is not a report, but I do think it's interesting enough to it big big rumors here online. And this could be a just throwing something at the wall because it seems likely to stick. But there is apparently talk that Maherschela may be considered as a potential Martian manhunter in the James Gun universe. Now, that would be unbelievable casting the shape shifting alien kind of detective and overseer. I would love to see that casting. It would also very much fit into this kind of true detective esque space because Mahshlot obviously starred in one of those sees.
Speaker 4: Because he gets because he gets very very old that season. He must have felt at the end of the at the end of the production the Blade.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm like, I was gonna say, this is one thing I want to read about, but I'm like, maybe me and you will be the ones writing this, Jason, Maybe we'll write the book on what happened what happened because we need to know, as the meme so perfectly put it, We did this in the Zeros with Stephen Dorf, you know, like the original Blade movie is fantastic.
Speaker 3: I also wouldn't be surprised if we get some.
Speaker 2: Lay two is very good, Blade two is obviously Blade two, Giama dol Tory. Blade through three now has a kind of counts charms, little charm. Also, say Reynolds, he's dead pulling it up in that movie.
Speaker 3: He's perfecting his Deadpool attitude.
Speaker 2: I would also say I wouldn't be surprised if we get some kind of hold over Wesley Snipes returning esque like don't worry MCU news soon, Hey, there is the Blade trilogy on Blu Ray physical media people.
Speaker 1: Finally in this long news segment.
Speaker 2: Wow, what this Blue segment is almost as long as the Blade production cycle.
Speaker 1: Lebron James on on the on the social media platform known fortunately as X tweeted quote best place to order comic books from used to click when I was younger, Batman being my fave. I can order and read from iPad or best to do straight off the comic, which I mean, I think he means, should I go to a store? James Gunn then flew in with the answer he was ready, DM me, I can hook you up. Now let me ask you this, Rosie Knight. Yes, gorilla marketing. Is this marketing?
Speaker 3: Definitely goerrilla marketing?
Speaker 2: It feels very akin to when Lebron James perfectly put on X where can I watch X Men ninety seven?
Speaker 3: Heard it's good?
Speaker 2: And now I will say I do like the other version of this where Lebron just uses X instead of Google because there's like fifty million people were replied to him. I do think something that is particularly cool about this if it is gorilla marketing, and I assume with the swiftness that James Gunn replied, it probably is. I do like that under this thread now is likely hundreds of thousands of people sharing their local comic shops.
Speaker 3: I think there's a cool side effect there. Also.
Speaker 2: Jason Cascepsio and I need to know who do you think they're going to cast Lebron as in the James gunnerverse now that he's done this tweet, as we know, he already has the Warner Brothers hook up space jam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, I know that you just mentioned Marcia being attached, but I think Lebron is a manhunter lobo a lobo.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I would love to see that. I could see the energy there. Let's see.
Speaker 2: I'm also putting bets on by the end of the year, we will have the classic. I visited the DC Comics Twitter slash x post where you post you pose next to the DC logo. You're holding some comics they gave you. They're probably gonna give them a nice hot toys. I think we'll see Lebron visiting the iceberg as they call it now, by the end of this year, after this tweet.
Speaker 1: Next up, Yeah, okay, here we go, Episode seven, Death's hand on me. Wow, I gets all along. And firstly, just.
Speaker 3: Wow, am I even ready to talk about it? I don't know. I'm like, I feel I've got it so many times. Yeah, and I don't. I'm like, am I am? I will I be able to process it?
Speaker 1: I don't know is just forget Marvel, forget Disney Plus, forget all that. This is just a great television episode, just a wonderful episode of TV. And I think, having thought about it, maybe the best thing that Marvel has done on Disney Plus. I think the single best episode.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's no question. I We open with Lilia dressed as the Fairy Godmother and she's falling in slow motion. We cut to the road billion Agatha walking uneasy companions. He is asking questions. Agatha is like, you can ask me stuff, you can talk to me. We can spend this time talking to each other. So he says, okay, where's Rio. Agatha is not like any question, but that that's the one. I don't want to answer any other questions for me. I was your babysitter once, you know. And Billy insists that, well, yeah, you were my babysitter, but Wanda is not my mom, which is, oh, that's a huge note.
Speaker 2: But also like I just want to say, like I know that one day is somewhere and she hard that and she is pissed, like she is so angry, she's about to come back to life just because she heard him say that, Like and also very interesting to say that he obviously sees missus Kapplan as his mom, and I think that means we could probably see her potentially come back.
Speaker 5: Do we know that?
Speaker 1: Because recall Wanda back to the Wanda Show Wanda vision, she stole him from an alternate dimension, him and Tommy, so he could be talking about miss Kaplan, but he could also be talking about a different in that alternate dimension. In either case, to your point, this is a that's a huge drip.
Speaker 2: I know she's somewhere, she's coming back to life just because she heard him say that's not my mom.
Speaker 1: Also lets you know that they're going to have a very rocky relationship.
Speaker 2: Which is the case in the comics too, so not not surprising. And then we get the great I mean, this episode is such a feat of writing because it is talking to the audience, but it's also telling like a timey Whimy Mike Flanagan esque emotional time is not straightforward things story, And I love this next line where Billy says.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got.
Speaker 2: A question, you know, I just I just dissed my mom and I said she wasn't my mom. But wander maximf is she Is she dead? Is she really dead?
Speaker 3: And Agatha's like, yes, no, maybe.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, you know, the conversations that we're happening, you're so fun.
Speaker 1: They come to a castle and this is something that Agatha has not seen on the road before, and this annoys Billy because Billy expresses now that the whole reason that he did this and brought her here was because he thought that her experience is the only person to have walked to the end of the road ever, would be valuable. And now it really feels like she doesn't know anything about the road and she has nothing to add to this, and so Billy kind of roasts her about this and in fact wonders openly, did you actually do it? Did you actually walk the road? And this actually seems to hurt Agatha's feelings.
Speaker 3: I think there's some.
Speaker 2: Really interesting moments here where we get to see how much Agatha cares about what Billy thinks her and it is very surprising, not something that I thought we would see.
Speaker 3: But there's this moment. We get another moment when they're in.
Speaker 2: The challenge, she seems to want to impress him, or at least have him back in that space where he was as teen where he was following her and acting like what she thought was important. Also another great moment here, very Sheeholk esque of the show having the conversation that fans have been having because from the very first episode fans for like, has she walked the road?
Speaker 3: Is this all hype? Is this part of her mythology?
Speaker 2: Like last week when we didn't mention that she is the original Jolene in the Dolly parton song Joline, Like, what is true and what is not true about Agatha is very fluid and I love that they knew we would be asking that question, But yeah, Catherine hann absolutely sells this moment of like, yeah, just heartbreak when Billy says that she is no longer the witch he's looking up to. She is now just someone he has to work with in order to achieve his aims.
Speaker 1: They get inside and they find themselves as in previous puzzles transformed. Billy is now dressed as Maleficent and Agatha is the wicked Witch of the West.
Speaker 2: Who she says she says it was based on me, And again Billy turns around and he goes prove it, and her face just.
Speaker 1: Falls the puzzle is a terror reading have to find the right cards and place them in the right spots on the spread. Billy starts to go first, he reads an incorrect card, puts it increct card down, and a sword and a sword falls from the ceiling. They look up and the sword is just filled with blades.
Speaker 2: Very fall it's very saw coded, very escape room. Very actually kind of gives hell raiser as well. This is not a good place to be. And those swords are falling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are falling. The next card is the Seven of Swords reversed, which Billy inter it says, Agatha telling the truth, but he says, that can't be right. He places the card down. Next sword falls. Okay, Billy's not doing so well. Agatha grabs the cards and is like, let's just brute force this thing. Why are we sitting here trying to find the right car Just like idea not a terrible idea. Yeah, So she just starts brute forcing it and putting it down until she's like, until we find the right card in the right spot, and Billy points out this is going to take a while. She's like, well, we got time. But then the ceiling starts lowering, so that these blades are now soon enough going to be pressing down into them, and Billy says, I wish Lily is here.
Speaker 3: Boom oh.
Speaker 1: We cut to Lily waking up alongside Jen in the underground somewhere in some underground tunnel. They're covered in mud after being flung into that swamp. But Billy Lilya clearly losing time again and she doesn't remember anything that she's been saying to Jen.
Speaker 3: Which.
Speaker 2: Elucid It sounds like she's.
Speaker 1: Been having whole conversations that Jen is telling her about, but that she does not recall. She doesn't recall, for instance, telling Jen that Billy is the son of the Scarlet Witch and all this other stuff. Apparently Lilya also told Jen that these memory slips might happen, And now we flash through various time slips from the show that end in a terror reading in Sicily or somewhere in Italy during the Renaissance, and it is Lilia's very first lesson in divination and she's sitting there across the table from her teacher and she's like, I'm bad at this, I'm bad at reading tea lives. And the teacher says, I think it's a great character moment and really just a wonderful writing again, so good. The teacher says, why do that's just something you tell yourself that you're not good at it also when you're actually good at it. Just read the leaves and what do you see.
Speaker 2: I love that we get Lilia here as herself, as the age she is now, and you get this understanding that okay, time is not what we think it is and she can be both and has she.
Speaker 3: Been here before? And has she not been here before?
Speaker 2: And that is the big kind of central concy of this really fantastic episode.
Speaker 1: Her consciousness is traveling through two different versions, two different timelines in her own body, right, so her teacher is seeing her as a young woman, but inside she is Lilia from the current story that we are watching.
Speaker 2: And her teacher is not surprised when she says how old, if how long have you been? She says, you know, centuries.
Speaker 1: We go back to the tunnels. Lilia is now feeling very sensitive and vulnerable about all these slips. She tells Jen that Okay, here's what's going on. Times and illusion. I experience it out of sequence and now it's just getting worse. It's slipping beyond my control. And Jen says why, and she says, I think it's because I'm close to the end. We flashed to the sword room and Lilia is there with Jen, Billy, and Agatha, so we've clearly jumped time. Now, Billy insists. They have this whole conversation where Billy is just reading Lily's mind. He's responding to her thoughts, saying like, no, I wasn't hiding my power from you. No, what do you mean I didn't know the first time. All these things that are questions that go all the way back to their first meeting at Will Caplan's bar Mitzvah. She remembers him from that night, and.
Speaker 2: Jen interestingly is like, you're not mad at him anymore, Like we've already gone over that, you're not angry at them.
Speaker 1: She recalls now that she was reading Billy when something went wrong, and she admits, I did cast the sigil on you because I knew from seeing your broken lifeline that I knew what was going to happen to you, and I thought you needed time to process that, and so I put the sigil on you to give you that time. Now, the ceiling is starting to come down again, and we flash through all of these time slips that we've sween on the show, and.
Speaker 2: We start to see how they fit together, whether it is saying to you know, don't try to save Agatha as she said to Alice, where we knew that that meant that Alice would die, which was what happened. And we start to get to see the way that the show has been so cleverly written that there are multiple instances of that, and some of them go throughout different parts, different episodes and come together to create a singular sentence.
Speaker 3: It's really really great stuff.
Speaker 1: So she ends up back with her teacher again, back in Renaissance Italy, and her teacher is asking her what's so, what's your life like?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? How's what's where are you with your craft? Yeah? What's the co? Li is like, Oh, I don't have one, And the teacher is very disappointed and says, well, you know which needs one, and you're too afraid. That's why you don't want to have one. You should relinquish this desire to control everything and control your visions and just look at them. And we're going to look at a word from our sponsors and then we're going to be back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we're back.
Speaker 1: They flash from that flashback to the Lily's lessons with her first divination teacher, back to the tunnels with Jen. Lilya finds Billy's spellbook down there in the tunnels with them. She tells Jen that initially, after experiencing these time slips when I was a young girl, they stopped and they stopped it. I just ignored them. I didn't want to engage with them. They scared me every time. You know, they all end up at the same place. Yeah, people I love dying, and so I just ignore them.
Speaker 2: Also interesting here because that kind of sounds like an acknowledgment that she was actually the one who pushed away her own powers. And I think that's going to be a thread here because we know that was the case with Alice because she didn't believe.
Speaker 3: We know that even missus Hart she didn't know she was a witch.
Speaker 2: And then with Jen, we'd already theorized that perhaps she hadn't been bound at all, and her trauma after whatever happened with the doctor had bound her own magic. So I think that this is going to be a thread that really it's about these women accepting their witchcraft and becoming the coven, becoming the Sisthood because Lili is apparently the reason that she stopped having her own powers. And I think it's just Patty does such a great job here. It's so heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: I mean, they could become the coven, but it's also like there's so few of them left by.
Speaker 3: The I don't think it, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I think that the coven is what has happened on the way, The careal Coven was the friends we made along with whoever survives or whatever acceptance they find along the way is what allows them to kind of regain their powers or gain acceptance with their fate or whatever happens.
Speaker 3: And I think that's kind of the way that we're going to leave it.
Speaker 1: So they're in the tunnels and they come to the back of a bookshelf that leads to the.
Speaker 6: Sword room, which, as Jen has, I wish and Jen knew because Lily had told her, we need to find shelves, and they were like, what are you talking about, but love and behold there were the shelves.
Speaker 1: So they find that just as Billy says, I wish Lilia is here, was here, and there she is they fall through. Lilia immediately is like, I know what I have to do now. I have to do the reading on Billy. Okay, so everybody clear out and let me do this. Billy has to ask a question. It's got to be the central question that he wants answered. That's about why he wants to walk the road. And what Billy wants to know is I'm William or am I Billy? And she's like, that's a great question. The ceiling stops, seeming to signify like this is the right attack to take. She talks about the card spread. This is a card spread about a journey, and it's going to tell us them a lot about this journey. So she starts laying the cards down. The first card is the Magician, telling us that Billy has enormous power he can affect reality. The next card is the Sun Reunion and good fortune. This really resonates with Billy. The next is Uh. She pulls the High Priestess, which relates to Jen. She pulls she's about to pull the card for the path behind card slot, but she pulls the wrong card apparently, and the sword that is directly above her seat begins to fall on her and I think Agatha, though we don't really see it, Agatha saves her life.
Speaker 2: We see earlier on in a flash forward as the time I mean why meaness happens the Agatha is It seems like she's the one who pushed her and saved her from this death, which is very un Agatha of her.
Speaker 3: But of course she needs Lilia to survive this trial.
Speaker 1: So we flash back again through various moments of time slips that we've seen Lila experience, and then we end up back with the teacher, who asks why are you on this journey? And Lilia says, to get my power back, and then the teacher's like, but you have your power, it never went anywhere, Like no, why are you really on the journey? And then she says, I'm forgotten woman. She's sad, apparently that all her visions have never led to anything different happening. She saw that her coven was going to die and she couldn't change it. She saw that her teacher was going to die and nothing happened. The teacher says, well, you know, death is the thing that waits for us all.
Speaker 3: It's the one thing we all have in common.
Speaker 1: I love that it's the one thing we all have in common, then she said, And so Lily is like, when when is my death? She sees that she will fall that much she knows, and then all of a sudden she knows what she has to do, and she has this moment of clarity where she remembers everything. So they're back in the beginning of the tunnel. The Seven are behind them. They have to hide from the Seven at a certain point, and here they are at this crossroads in the tunnel and Jen wants to leave, but Lily says, I need you to come with me to help Billy and Agatha to the trial. I'm going to go there. I would like you to come with me. And Jenna's like, why do you want me to come with you, and she says, because you are my sister in the craft kind of begrudgingly agrees, but before Lila can follow her, she goes, I know what I did wrong, and then she turns around and boom, she's back in the sword room. So she ends up back in the room. She now knows what she's doing wrong, and she's not reading for Billy, she's reading for herself. She starts pulling cards. Queen of Cups and her teacher is immediately proud of this revelation. She understands now that she needs to be sessing her own life future. The ceiling meanwhile, is coming down. It's still continuing to fall. What's missing the Three of Pentacles collaboration. She's missing the coven. She pulls the card for the path behind the Night of Wands. She sees Alice and the brave fight and sacrifice that she made. Once again, an Asian character dying first will get that's small note, but don't worry about it. The path ahead space she pulls the card now is high Priestess, the immense power, unwilling to use it, and this is clearly for Jet. The next space is obstacles, the Three of Swords, sorrow, the windfall that now here is the tower reversed, miraculous transformation, and all of a sudden she arrives back at the beginning of the tunnel, right when they are after they are thrown into the swamp and find themselves in the tunnel. Jen is out of it. She's not awake yet. Lilia is coming to and she sees a hooded figure approach and it's Rio, and she realized that Rio is death.
Speaker 3: Ay there she is sorry.
Speaker 2: Sorry to all the people who are spoiled by this by the Funko Pop release, I feel like they did not do a great job with that one, because this would be a huge, huge moment. I will say, love the flashback to all the different times that they were obviously signpointing us this way, Reo writing death when they were on the Ouiji board, and her hilarious laugh, the fact that she crawled out of the ground like a zombie after missus Hart died.
Speaker 3: I love this casting. I love Aubrey Plaza as death.
Speaker 2: I think this probably hints that will get some kind of maybe return of Thanos. Though, I will say something very interesting.
Speaker 3: I get it, Yeah, I get it right. I'm like, I would do it, babe. You know what, there's not enough balance, don't care about that.
Speaker 2: Would I kill half of the population of the universe for Aubrey Plaza as death. Yes, that is a reason I can get behind. I will say though, during the early episodes of the season, there was really interesting stuff where Agatha was saying, you know, my mom wanted to kill me when I was a baby. She said she always knew she was I was evil. That is actually very akin to some of the early stuff we've seen from the late of Thanos books where they're showing his life as a baby. I thought that was very interesting. Maybe there's a world where Agatha will become the Fanos love interest. But I also think we could see a world where Thanos comes back for death, because let's be real, who wouldn't.
Speaker 3: She's so beautiful. I love her.
Speaker 2: This was a great reveal, Aubrey, you will be in the MCU forever. They will never get rid of you. Now, this is fantastic costing.
Speaker 1: In the sword room, Lilia is frozen up, experiencing this time slip with the last card, the death card, in her hand. Agatha seizes the card from her hand, slams it down on the last open slot and that's it. Puzzle solved. The sword ceiling stops and the door pops open. They are able to leave. Lilia tells them that hey, guess what Rio is death the original Green Witch. That's what Agatha has not been willing to tell us.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, what can I say?
Speaker 2: I like the bad Boys. Oh my god, she's just too much Matt. Okay, momentary pause. Does this mean we already heard Nick? Scratcher's voice calling for Agatha during the teen slasher movie Trial is and at one point we heard Rio say, oh, my Scar, is this person that I love to I hurt by having to do my job?
Speaker 3: Does that mean Nick is dead?
Speaker 2: And Rio reaped Nick and that is why her and Agatha fell out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think so.
Speaker 1: So Now the Seven sadly are approaching and Lilia gives Billy his book back. She shepherds everybody, Agatha and Jen through the exit. She last, she says to Jen, Jen is the last one through, and she's like, I loved being a witch. And Jen knows in this moment that now.
Speaker 2: And she says you're the future. She's like, you're the path ahead, you have to go.
Speaker 1: She now knows that Lila's going to sacrifice herself. He tries to stop her, but Lilya slams the door. The Seven arrive and lily says, well, once you have solved a trial on the road, you are filled with power and one doesn't know what could happen with.
Speaker 2: That, and if you stay too long in the trial death destruction, something bad will happen.
Speaker 1: And so she grabs the tower reverse card and she flips it right side up the tower. The tower that they are in flips over so that everybody towards the ceiling, which is filled with swords. The seven are all impaled on the swords, and we must imagine that Lilia is as well, because she.
Speaker 2: Lets go of the what she's holding onto to keep us safe.
Speaker 1: So we don't see her actually die, but we see her as a young girl once again, going to her lesson with her first divination teacher, and the teacher says, let us begin.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, I love that. I mean I was crying by the end, like absolutely.
Speaker 1: Incredible episode, just like a really perfect episode.
Speaker 3: The editing.
Speaker 1: Is all the pieces fitting like that is just so sad.
Speaker 2: I feel like they did such a good job of like handholding us enough to be like, hey, you watch a lot of stuff on TV, so hare is why these moments and these words meant something.
Speaker 3: But it never felt too much.
Speaker 2: It was always an emotional beat when you realized what she'd been trying to say the whole time.
Speaker 1: To your point, you could have compiled all the time slip moments before this episode and put them together and looked at them, and while obviously they were significant of something, you could not have gotten to this no, and that I think was part of why it was so powerful. Just an incredible episode. Lapone is so good.
Speaker 3: Give her an Emmy, Give her an Emmy.
Speaker 1: Just as good as it gets for Marvel on Disney. Plus absolutely, I can't wait to see the finale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too, Rosie.
Speaker 1: This certainly felt like the Seven are done right, and so I don't know what the big antagonist is gonna be for the finale.
Speaker 2: I find this really interesting because the Salem Seven in the comics. Obviously I am a passionate Salem Seven love because they're like very weird, niche characters, very different. I love the horror version they did here. But it really does feel like they're done. I think in the notes one of our.
Speaker 3: Super producers caught that maybe it seems like only.
Speaker 2: Five of them got killed in the Swords, not seven, So there's something interesting there.
Speaker 3: But who is the big antagonist?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we had said earlier, you know Billy kind of has a dark side coded vibe. Is that a possibility that we're gonna reveal that somehow he is willing to sacrifice Agatha? And though I have to say my got off the seeing the cords that lillopuld is that Jen is going to probably end up as Billy's mentor after this. That was the feeling I was getting. The immense power the two of them together is the big bad Death is the big bad Rio?
Speaker 3: Is she coming to get them because.
Speaker 2: Billy did cheat death by taking over William's body.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good read. I will say that I do think the seven are done for this and this is cheating for the simple reason that, like, they never had a line, none of them ever spoke a line, So it doesn't make it like I think that they are truly done. Ye, it was never a moment where they said anything, but that's like not really a speaking line, So I think they are truly gone. I do. I do think that Rio is a good read. I also think that whoever forced Jen off the path scared her away from the life of a witch is gonna be clearly is going to be the final trial right.
Speaker 2: Oh right, It's gonna be the creepy doctor kind of likely, which could be very horror.
Speaker 3: I'm very interested too.
Speaker 2: Now, this is obviously just great timing because the finale episodes are gonna drop on the day before Halloween. On the thirtieth of October. But I am interested that they decided to put them both together. I want to know what that means. Okay, other finale questions I have, will we see Tommy? Will Billy get what he wants at the end of the road.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he will truly get him unless they do a thing where they get him and then they recast for real Tommy that they're gonna use.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a good point, because we haven't had any costumes.
Speaker 1: Oh, we haven't heard anything. Again, that's cheating.
Speaker 2: But of Elizabeth Olsen showing up in the final episodes.
Speaker 1: I would put it in at sixty forty Okay, yeah, I'm sixty four forty against. I also kind of feel like I've been anti I've been the person pumping the brakes on Mephisto for you, we both have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been asto enabler, and yet here you h.
Speaker 1: I now feel like it's at least in the realm of possibility that whoever creepy doctor is is Mephisto related. Yeah, is that the case we're gonna find out? But I think that that's.
Speaker 3: Un going down the witches road.
Speaker 2: How it's changed you, Jason, how it's changed you now.
Speaker 3: You're in the Mephisto stuff. But yeah, absolutely cannot wait.
Speaker 2: What unbelievably spectacular kind of penultimate I understand now. After last week's episode, I was like, wow, how could this not be everyone's favorite episode? And every cast member was like, no, it's episode seven, Episode seven, Episode seven, and I totally understand.
Speaker 3: Also, let's talk about, just before we go.
Speaker 2: The ultimate troll needle drop of using Time in a Bottle, which.
Speaker 3: Was obviously famously the song that.
Speaker 2: That Evan Peters Quicksilver did his incredible speeds to scene two in Days of Future Past in the Fox Universe. That was so much fun when they dropped it, because it's also perfect for this episode.
Speaker 1: It's perfect for this episode for Lilia, who experiences time in the bottle that is her life exactly. I can't wait to see where this finale. And Jack Schaeffer round of applause. You've done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we were right because we said this from episode one. But I'm like, let Jack Schaefer run the MCU now please.
Speaker 3: Everyone else has had their turn.
Speaker 2: Let Jack Shaefer and her crew on this her producer, her creative teams, let's let's have them at.
Speaker 3: Least do some pitches. Guys. I want to know. Also, I want to see what they would do with the movies. Jack, I'm interested. I want to know you got a juice baby.
Speaker 2: This is the cheapest Disney Plus show that they've done, and yet we're getting some of the best episodes we've ever seen, So I'm interested.
Speaker 1: On tomorrow's episode of X ray Vision, the extras crew is back. X Gonna give It to You and what they're gonna give it to you is more arcade.
Speaker 4: And on Thursday, Rosie and I celebrate HALLOWEENO, the rundown of our favorite.
Speaker 1: Horror films from the nineties and two thousand. That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening, Bye. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Getsubsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts. Our executive producers are Joelle Smith and Aaron Kaufman. Our supervising producer is a Booze Afar. Our producers are Carmen laun and me A Tale. Our theme song is by Brian Basquez.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin and Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi Our discord moderator,