Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion. And Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panha, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode two thirty five of What Right When Nick Wright? And this episode of What Right When Nick Wright is brought to you by Huggies skin Essentials. Babies Rejoice. New Huggies skin Essentials are here, a brand new dermatologist approved line of diapers, wipes, and pull up training pants, all designed with baby babies. Pardon me, sensitive skin in mind, and honest to god, we didn't time the endorsement, and obviously huge shout out to Huggies. They were a big, you know, a big part of my parenting life, having you know, raised children. But also we couldn't have timed the endorsement better because the story today is also about a bunch of babies. Oh my god, the defense is too hard. Let me throw things. Let me have a literal temper tantrum from the coach to the star guard. Oh my goodness, gracious, like sometimes things just work out serendipitously, and we have a diaper endorsement celebrating babies. When it turns out the defending champs face a touch of adversity and all of a sudden they're out of here, calling the manager. I mean, I'm that was. Somebody's gonna have to answer for this. Jaden McDaniel's playing full court defense, Nikhil Alexander Walker, who do you think you are? Oh my goodness, tough week to be a sensitive Canadian. Oh my goodness, here's what missed the cut. Pat Riley chirps at Jimmy Butler. That's his story to watch. Micah Parsons goes one on one against a sumo wrestler and Ben Simmons, I mean, just an all time champ at the bank and an all time champ of lacking self awareness does attend the met galup but Demonse, here's.
Speaker 3: This sumo wrestler was seventeen years old by the way.
Speaker 2: Right and was like not a top three hundred. He was training to be a sumo wrestler like the real sumo wrestlers evidently would really give Micah that work. Uh totally. I mean just a wild skill set, all right, So we have to do it. Is mandatory we do a tight show today because I have there. I have a lot of things I need to do between now and when I'm on with Colin in two and a half hours and I so there's a lot of things. They're all content related. It is all for you, the audience, to try to brighten up your day because I don't know about you guys. You know, it's been four days since Kendrick released a song, and I'm like, what the hell's going? What am I supposed to do with my time now? I don't even know, like like what we got spoiled? Like, I'm just like refrashed. I'm like I must have missed it. Obviously something came out and it hasn't. So I will provide the content for you America today. But that does mean we have to have a fast show. Demands start us off, please.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the defending champs have now been embarrassed two times in a row at home, so they're down two.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to write them off? Or is it impossible to count out.
Speaker 4: The best player in the NBA and a couple other or do you are you? Do you want to open that debate as well? Open that debate back?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I am not. I'm not writing off the Nuggets. I don't think they're dead, but they're on as shaky a ground as possible. We'll get to the Nuggets in a moment. The Nuggets will be the focus of this because it looks like we're gonna have a lot more time to talk about the Timberwolves. But let's start with the Timberwolves. As I said yesterday on television. But I now also want to remind the audience and see the show shout out Tim Conley. Tim Conley built the Denver Nuggets and then left a year ago and went to Minnesota. Did the Rudy Gobert trade? Built the Timberwolves. So he built a team that won a championship and then appears to have built the team best equipped to win a championship. And I might now I might have to take an l on a lot of my Rudy Gobert trade and playoff defense takes. With that said, last night might have been the best defensive game a team's played in fifteen years, and Gobert wasn't there, so maybe he was holding him back all along. Who knows. Who's to say speaking of Rudy Gobert, I don't put this this part, don't clip this individually on social If it goes on its own, that's fine. But you know that meme where they show Wilt's statline that I don't even know if it's real, but it's like fifty six points, thirty one rebounds, eleven assists and ten blocks, nine steals that you see a lot that is Gilbert Arenas on basically any topic. If you're going for the worst opinion. It's like every time he's like, guys, don't worry, I've got you covered. Gill's take on he didn't see it, Gill's take on the game, that baby's gonna be there when you get back. Come on, man, Like I mean, that's what I'm saying. He is just he just puts up these it's just him and Rashot in the cants, just like having a clown off with utter regularity. It's unbelievable. But so shout out to the Timberwolves for doing that without the defensive player of the year. And I oddly think, you know, sports are so funny. Karl Anthony Town's got a foul early in this game, and this was a he has always struggled with foul trouble. There was a great moment at the press conference a week ago when Ant was like, you just gotta saw fan fallon man. He's like, I know, I know, I tried. I think Carl got that foul. And then because there's no Rudy, the Nuggets then adjusted their game plan slightly to try to instead of run their offense, hunt a second foul on on Cat. They then it had a twofold negative impact. One is they weren't running the regular stuff. The other is that they got frustrated because they weren't getting the foul calls. And then it just absolutely snowballed on them. But shout out to Anthony Edwards. I mean the Jordan's similarities. I know, he said, don't compare me to him, but then he did the Jordan shrug after hitting a three. Also, Anthony Edwards last night won as many playoff games as Jordan did in his entire career without Scottie Pippens. So another similarity, really unbelievable thing to see. And there is he he is now demands a look like you were going to say something about Ant. I feel like he has reached this place where it can feel like, oh, Ant's not having that good of a game, and then you see he had twenty seven and seven on seventeen shots, Like, at no point did it feel like Ant was dominating the game, and yet he had twenty seven seventeen. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did string together some stuff late.
Speaker 4: But I was I was gonna mention to you, and then I saw a tweet right before the show started. Your analysis in the beginning, you said the the Lakers' best chance to go to the finals was to get Denver early.
Speaker 3: And you said, you know they would if they take care of them.
Speaker 4: If if the Lakers would have taken care of Denver, which they probably, they were close, each each of those games are close. They would have gotten destroyed by the two Wolves in the next round.
Speaker 3: Oh I.
Speaker 2: Oh, I, Well, the listen and we'll talk. We can talk. I understand that Lebron James is, you know, the biggest star in the league when he's not playing. So people want us to talk about it. That's fine. Yeah, I now am not that confident the Lakers would have had would have done well against the Timberwolves team. This Timberwolves team is the ferocity no pun intended, with which they are playing and the way they defend, and the confidence that they have. It's and they're undefeated in the postseason. They I mean they are. And by the way, they have not exactly had it. Totally agree and they it's not like they've had I understand the Thunder right now undefeated in the postseason. But the Thunders postseason path has been four games against the Pelicans without Zion that the Timbrels postseason path has been four games against a healthy Suns team and two games in Denver. Yeah, and so Chris Finch and this team also for being undefeated, it's dealt with a lot of adversity. Their coach suffered a debilitating injury, had surgery, can't even stand their their defensive player of the year, uh it missed the game because he was with the birth of his child. And they just keep rolling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead, what were you going no, no, when when when it came out there, Rudygobert was having the.
Speaker 3: Kid, I kind of got sad.
Speaker 4: I was thinking in my head, oh, man, like Denver's about to guess get this win because.
Speaker 2: And me, yeah, I thought that. I thought that this was going to be an incredibly difficult game for Minnesota at full strength. You have a desperate Denver team at home in essentially a must win. There had been prior to last night. Twenty nine instance is in NBA history of the home team losing the first two games twenty four of those twenty nine they end up losing the series. Like this isn't a going down three to zero, but going down two to oho at home is a brutal spot. And so there is there are real implications there. And so I thought Denver was going to play desperate. And then when I saw there was no Routie, I was like, Okay, unless Ants somehow scores fifty, I don't see what chance the Timberwolves have here. And so shout out to Minnesota. It was a four Pistons esque defensive performance and they deserve all the credit in the world. Now we must get to the Denver side of things. Which I'll get to Jamal Moray in a second, but I just have this question. Are we going to hold the soon to be three time MVP, basically unanimously considered best player alive to a lower standard than we are currently holding the oldest player in the league in year twenty one, Lebron James. Or are we going to hold Jokic to the same standard that guys who have either worn the crown or tried to wear the crown have been held to, which is, if your team is at home as a big favorite in a must win round two game, and you come out with that type of effort, with that time type of performance, it makes us pause and question some things. What are we gonna do here? Because if we are being honest, Nikola Jokic has gotten absolutely torched on the defensive end every game this postseason. Again, if we're being honest here, people will be like, oh, man, Anthony Davis was unbelievable in that Lakers series. Yeah, and in this series thus far, he doesn't even seem engaged defensively, and a lot of what the Timberwolves are trying to do is go right at him. Let me add something else to it. Again, It to who much is given, much is expected, and I just want to know, are we going to do the same standard we've done for all the all time greats, which Jokich is when they have this type of potential collapse. I know that to this day Jason Tatum has thrown at him man that when y'all went to the finals, you had one hundred turnovers that playoff run. You were four point two turnovers a game. Nikola Jokicic has four turnovers a game thus far this postseason. He has eighteen in the last three games. And then there is this piece of it, A lot of the Yokic legendary where he ranks all time. Discussion that we were all having was predicated on, well, the Nuggets making the finals and the Nuggets probably winning the championship. If they don't, things all of a sudden, if they get bounced in round two, things take on a different hue because Jokich is already swimming in the waters with Yannis Durant, the original Isaiah Thomas, those guys, right, he is, But the question was is he ascending past all of those guys into the waters with Steph and Shack and drink and dream and Bird and those guys. Those were the discussions. So it is not holding him to an unfair stand to hold him to the standard we held those guys to. But those guys became those guys by having repeated year after year after year deep postseason runs. The reason Yannis Yannis won two MVPs, then won a title, then looked like, oh man, he's about to rip off a run. Here hasn't been out of round two since. It seems incomprehensible that could happen to Jokic, but it seemed incomprehensible that that could happen to Yannis. Jason Tatum has the game of his life in a Game six, Chris Middleton's out, They lose a Game seven. The next year, Yannis gets hurt. The next year he's hurt again. Bone. That's three years. And so that when we are talking about the legends of the game, okay, we gotta be fair about how often we saw them on deep late postseason runs. And I can go through the list guys Lebron James ten finals, four rings, Kareem ten finals, six rings, Michael six finals, six rings, No no, no hold on with respect to manse, let me cook here for a moment. Start it. I'll start it again if we're going to we were talking about Nikola Jokicic is one of the twelve ten greatest players of all time. So I'll go through it, and you guys tell me whether or not if they get bounced by a twenty two year old coming into their building dominating the series, what it does to the traje because the all time greats show up in late May and early June, year after year after year. That is not an unfair standard. That is the standard. As a wise man once said, the standard is the standard. Lebron James ten finals, four rings, Kareem ten finals, six rings, Michael six finals, six rings, Russell twelve finals, eleven rings, Wilt six finals, two rings, Magic nine finals, five rings, Bird five finals, three rings. Now, I'm gonna have to do some of this off the top of my head. I don't want to leave anyone out. Duncan, How many rings, Duncan, Guy Duncan? Six finals, five rings, Kobe seven finals, five rings, Dream three finals, two rings, Shack six finals, four rings, Steph six five is it six or yeah? Six finals, four rings. That's the waters that we were trying to put Yo kitchen. Don't tell me we weren't. We all know we were. That was the discussion, where can he be? And if we want to talk go further than that, Doctor j four finals, one ring in the NBA, two finals, two rings in the ABA. That's the company we were talking about him keeping. Now he's already in the Moses Malone company, right, Moses two finals, won championship, three MVPs. Getting bounced here recalibrates the trajectory significantly. There is no way around it. And I know everybody understandably killed me for the Lakers. Pick fair deserve it in a weird way. When we're talking Jokic and history. If they weren't gonna make the conference finals either way, it wouldn't have quite stung the trajectory or legacy. If it had just been.
Speaker 3: Go ahead Minnesota goes on to win the championship.
Speaker 2: College, well, no, because then it's just like, oh, why is it Anthony Edwards not the best player in the world. If Minnesota goes on wins the championship, ant might have just ripped the crown from Yokic, might have beats him in a series. What I was gonna say is, if they were gonna be bounced by the end of round two either way. Historically, if they had lost to the Lakers, it wouldn't have been remembered as like some bad Yokic moment. It would have just been Holy, look what Lebron did. That's how it would have been remembered. Instead, it's a contemporary of his that he is supposed to be considerably better than right now going into his house, pointing at his teammates who he's making fall flexing on and ones, shrugging at the crowd up thirty the whole game. So again, what waters is he's swimming in Because there is nobody is to this day as much as I have massive respect for this player, and then he's historically underrated. Nobody's out here talking about Dirk Novitsky and his place in the NBA pantheon. And Jokic obviously has more MVPs than Dirk. Dirk has the one, he has three other top three finishes. Dirk's got two finals, one ring, and that one ring was probably the hardest gauntlet ever gone through to win a ring. Not exactly what the Nuggets did last year. All I'm saying is this, I was here, I am and Nuggets. Fans can get mad, they can act however they want. I was here for all of the Jokich all time great conversation. I was talking about him as if he were one and in someone and he still is. But a lot of that how high can he climb in the pantheon discussion was assuming at a minimum, they're back in the finals this year. You get clocked by these kids from Minnesota and you and it's not a Lebron against the Magic in the Conference finals in nine when he was thirty nine to eight and eight hit a game winner, was dominant. It's, oh, you haven't been good in either game. You've been a sieve defensively and giving the ball away more than twice a quarter offensively. Got to recalibrate a bit. Now we get to the Jalen Brunson. I'm sorry, we'll get to the Jalen bruns and part in a moment, the Jamal Murray piece of it. This dude threw two things at a ref because he was mad. He threw a towel missed through a heating pad that landed on the court during live play. If that were to happen in the regular season, it is probably a two or three game suspension. I don't know what the NBA is going to do. I understand folks feeling like it's the semifinals, the teams on the brink, don't you know, don't suspend him and tarnish it. I get that, But this isn't Amari Stodemeyer stepping off the bench. Letter of the law. We must suspend when you don't really have to. This is an active choice made two times by a key player because he lost his This guy was complaining to to Reggie Miller, his dad, his coach, his teammates, and then through a temper, Yeah that's what I meant, was Reggie Miller. Maybe I'm wrong on Yeah, that's what I mean. Anyone who would listen. And also, I'm gonna say something else about it. As great of a coach as he is, Michael Malone's gotta wear some of it when the lead, When your leader calls a time out seemingly to go fight the ref, it's just out of his mind with rage. It sets the tone of Okay, yeah, it's their fault, it's the ref's fault, it's not our fault. And so I don't know what the league's gonna do. Here's what I do know, the fact that he did three things in this order. He pointed out a ref, did a money signed gesture that in and of itself got go bear one hundred thousand dollars fine earlier this year. Then time to cool down on the bench, throws a towel at the ref.
Speaker 3: He's also purposely fouling.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think it was Alexander at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to make a point one hundred percent, but throws the towel, has a moment there where he got away with it, didn't hit anyone, no one noticed it, and then decided nope, screw that. Give me something with a little more haft so I can aim it better, and threw a heating pad on the court that slid a foot. Now that when people say it's dangerous, I want to make this clearer. No one thinks it's dangerous because getting hit by a heating pad is gonna hurt that bad. That's not what they mean. What they mean is it's an object on the floor during live play that if Karl Anthony Towns, who was right there, steps on it, he can slip and hurt himself. That's what they mean. By dangerous, the money signed, the towel, throw in the heating pad. This is a totally reasonable suspension if he gets it, and the only people anyone should feel badly for are Nuggets fans and NBA fans, not Jamal Murray. He would have done this to himself and also guys. And I'm not trying to just pick on Canadians today because Dylan Dylan Brooks did do the same thing. But Dylan Brooks got pilloried when he walked out on the media repeatedly after the ipoke Bears comments and then got cooked. Jamal Murray not talking to anybody after these last two games is a bad look. It just is. So I don't know what the league's gonna do. What'd you say?
Speaker 4: A little different Dylan Brooks probably a little bit more embarrassing not talking to the not talking to the presser presser after that.
Speaker 2: Except here's the thing. It might be more embarrassing, but it also Jamal Murray had something.
Speaker 4: He needed to say, something, Yeah he needed Dylan, Yeah, yeah, fair.
Speaker 2: And like like Jamal needed to start building his alibi, if you will. Jamal needed to somehow concoct a story about how he was not throwing that at the ref. I I don't know what story there is that's believable, but I the you gotta you gotta come up with something, and instead he just left it out there. All right, the let's go on to the Knicks if we can, demonsey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Jalen Bronson is on an unreal road.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, I'm sorry, hold on, I gotta interrupt the producers tell me we have a special photoshop here. Let me see it brought to you by Huggies. Well, Huggies maybe doesn't want this to be brought They probably.
Speaker 4: Order captain in control relatively. Oh I saw he porter did it.
Speaker 2: Shout out to him. And by the way, is sometimes I forgot this one piece of it. Man. One of the best things that happened to the Timberwolves was Aaron Gordon hitting those couple shots early on. Because there Aaron Gordon. The rest of the night was like, it's Aaron Gordon. I mean, there was one point we're early early in a possession he took a turnaround, fade away, and I'm like, I think Minnesota's okay with that, buddy.
Speaker 4: Was a couple of possessions where I think Aaron Gordon was the only person to touch the.
Speaker 2: Ball absolutely and that could not happen. All right, let's go to the Knicks.
Speaker 4: All right, So Jalen Brunson's on a crazy run right now. You mentioned in a tweet what elite company he's in. Do you think this is something that the Knicks can sustain? I mean, Jalen Brunson had to score forty points every game just for the mistay in it.
Speaker 3: Do you think they'll be able to do that? Can this carry over to the finals?
Speaker 2: Okay? So the tweet was Jalen Brunson's the tenth player in NBA history to have two hundred or more points over a five game playoff run, joining these people Lebron, Jordan, wilt Wells, West Elgin, Rick Barry, Kevin Durant, Allen Iverson, Bernard King. So the one name there that doesn't really fit with the others is Bernard King, who, by the way, was fiftieth on my fifty Best Players the Last fifty years list. Underrated guy career absolutely submarined by injury. So the question is, like, did so let's look at what Bernard did. Bernard did it in the first round of the eighty four playoffs against the Pistons, a series the Knicks, to be honest, had no business winning, and Bernard willed them there. The next round, they then faced Boston, a Boston team that was the defending world champions, and that series went seven games. And in that series you could argue Bernard was the best player. He averaged twenty nine a game, Bird averaged thirty birds. Probably, I mean Bird, what you can't really I guess argue Bernard was the best player. Bird was the best player. But that series honestly didn't have real business going seven at all, and Bernard was great in that series. Do I think Jalen can keep this up for the rest of the playoffs forty a game? No? Do I think that if Tyrese Haliburton is gonna give you six points six that the Knicks could win this series without brunts and keeping it up And then could he throw a scare in Boston? I do? And here is my would be my only concern for Boston Demonse going from the Heat without Jimmy Butler to this Cavs team that we don't even know what Jared Allen's health it's gonna be to the Knicks, who are just gonna beat the hell out of you for forty eight minutes. Could be a bit of a shock to the system. But Boston has so many wing defenders and so much length, You've got to think that Jalen's not gonna be able to keep this up and that Boston should overwhelm the Knicks.
Speaker 4: Say it again, No, too good on defense, And yeah, they they do have like the easiest path to the finals, so I mean that will be a word and they when they do get passed right, But no, I'm not worried about the Knicks.
Speaker 2: But I really I really like watching the Knicks.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You just know every game is gonna come down in the last three minutes, and more often than not, they're gonna out execute you. Josh Hart is one of my favorite players, one of my favorite role players of the last decade to watch like. He is just the definition of winning basketball, and his rebounding numbers are in absurdity. The dude is six ' four In the playoffs, demanse hearers rebounds each game thirteen fifteen, six, seventeen, nine fourteen, Josh Hart is averaging twelve and a half rebounds a game at six four last night, he also filled it up on the offensive end, which is kind of just a bonus. Also, here are Josh Hart's minutes played Okay in the postseason forty two, forty eight, forty three, forty six, fifty three, forty six, forty eight, he is averaging forty seven minutes per game. Tibbs, I mean, well, that's the other thing you worry about. With the Knicks, they were in a six game more with Philly. I don't think the Pacers series is gonna be fast, and then the Celtics probably gonna have played what what do we think ten games by the conference finals back to that gentleman sweeps. Probably so, But shout out to Josh Hartman.
Speaker 3: And all he's are playing for each other man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred. This next team is gonna look dangerous with Kevin Durant on it.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you all right, next, So MAVs Thunder Game one is tonight. The teams are at nearly even odds, and they have obviously got the MVP candidates going head to head. So do you think the deciding factor will be more about the MVP MVP candidates and Shy and Luca are more about the surrounding cast?
Speaker 2: So I think this is a Lucas series.
Speaker 3: I think that you always think.
Speaker 2: It's right, but it wasn't in round one and they won anyone. So that's the Luca is thus far this postseason shooting twenty four from three on eleven a game. Okay, despite that, he's still giving you thirty nine and nine a night. But similarly to how the Thunder have no answer for Lebron, I do not think they're gonna and I know it's like, oh, Lou dort Man is gonna cook up Lou dort I do not think the Thunder are gonna have an answer for Luca, and I think that this is going to be uh. I think that there is a very real possibility to Monsey that what happens on the other side of the bracket. I think the Lakers did take something out of the Nuggets, and as far as the energy expended to have to come back every game, those things and the Terminals taking advantage of it. I think that this time if the Timberwolves, if the Nuggets claw back right, they are going to be spent by the conference finals. If they show any fight, they're gonna make the Timberwolves have to work before the Conference finals and if the Timbrelves just win, I think there might be a bit of an emotional letdown before the conference finals. Meanwhile, the MAVs are just chugging along, and I think there is I think that there is going to be a real anointing fairly of Anthony Edwards over these next ten days, and then there is a very real possibility Lucas snatches that's right from him, because for the MAVs right now to be rolling the way they are now, the loss of Maxi Kleiva is brutal for them, and he's probably out for the playoffs. That is a massive loss. But I think things are breaking really well for Dallas. I like Dallas tonight to go into Oka se and steal that game. All right, quick break right back, What's Right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright Episode two thirty five. In this episode of What's Right, when Nick Right is brought to you by Huggy's Skin Essentials, new parents are changing diapers all the time, kids are past diaper age. But I remember what it was like, and it wasn't always fun. It was a little stressful, and it's made harder with surprises like diaper rash which can be uncomfortable for kids and super stressful and really like traumatizing is probably too strong, but it's awful for parents. Your kids in pain, you don't know what to do about it. They can't communicate to you. It's really tough. So that's where Huggies comes in. Babies rejoice. New Huggies skin Essentials are here, a brand new dermatologists approved line of diapers, wipes, and pull ups training pants, all designed with baby's sensitive skin in mind. The skin Essentials diapers feature the skin protect liner and help protect against the top two causes of rash by managing moisture and running mess. The wipes are thick and have zero harsh ingredients for a great, gentle clean pull up. Skin Essentials has got your big kid covered too, with a training pant that is ultrasoft and breathable to help protect sensitive skin throughout potty training. Learn more at Huggies dot com. Once again, head to Huggies dot com to learn more. All right, demons, I said we're gonna be done in forty five minutes. I think we've been on for forty two minutes, so I'm not gonna quite hit that, but I'm we're gonna go really fast here because I do have to get to the television responsibilities. Let's play a quick game of this or that.
Speaker 4: First off, victim Wimanyama one Rookie of the Year unanimously.
Speaker 3: Well, let's not forget CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud was in the MVP conversation late into the season, led his teams to the second round of the playoffs. The better rookie season was Wimby or Stroud. Stroud had the better rookie season. Wimby as the higher ceiling like the Stroud. I think Stroud had the more impressive an impactful rookie season, but Wimby showed you so much as rookie season that it seemed like.
Speaker 2: A ton of the hype was Caleb's.
Speaker 3: Will Caleb's rookie season be better than strouts.
Speaker 2: H that's a great question. Second round of the playoffs, win the division, good really good numbers. I think it'll be equivalent. I think he'll the other thing it'll be. I think it'll be equivalent. All right, next, All right, So.
Speaker 4: Rudy Gobert is the runaway favorite to win Defensive Player of the Year tonight. Two years back, everybody roasted Minnesota for trading a war chest for him. But it's hard to deny that things are going pretty great right now in Minnesota. The hal for Rudy Gobert was worth it or overpay.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, this is gonna be a This is trending to a classic category three by me totally wrong. I thought it was one of the worst, most ridiculous trades I'd seen. But now I they win the damn title, it's obviously worth it and how it's readjusted and RecA celebrated their team. So I mean, shout out to Tim Connelly for seeing something I didn't. I mean, and shout out by the way, go ahead, de montse good.
Speaker 4: Did the Wolves getting better on defense last night proved that Wimby should have gotten it?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 2: No, because that was a I don't think that's long term sustainable. And yet I'm not down with the defensive Player of the year. Go I'm down with Rookie of the Year and other things having nothing to do with winning. But Wimby was a part of nineteen wins this year, and that I just don't think he was. I don't He's gonna win plenty of defensive player of the Year awards. All right, next, all.
Speaker 4: Right, the Clippers are once again embarrassed in the playoffs, and now Paul George and James Harden are both both free agents. LA reportedly wants to run it back. But will they even be able to the player most likely to return to the Clippers Paul George or James Harden.
Speaker 2: I think James Harden. I think Paul George's out of there. I think Paul George is gonna get the full max either from Orlando or Philly, and so I just don't I think James Harden is not going to have a lot of other options.
Speaker 4: All right, next, all right, and one can only be described as early May football news, JJ Watt said he'd be ready to make a comeback for the Texans that they needed him, and the Rams GM doubled Downald saying Aaron Donald could make a playoff comeback.
Speaker 3: The more likely comeback is JJ Watt or Aaron Donald.
Speaker 2: Aaron Donald because he's less far removed from the league and so, and the jj Watt quote seemed like it was taking a little out of context that he told Demiko last year, if you need me, I'm here, Like I just eat the I think Aaron Donald is I don't think either is likely, but I think it's more on the board that it's Aaron Donald all right.
Speaker 4: Next, Kenjick, Lamar and Drake have been going back and forth with disstracks with no end in sight. Would you rather talk about rat beef or anything else?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd much rather talk about the rat beef, but I'm not gonna do it in public. There are a lot of reasons for it, I am. I guess there's just a lot of reasons for it. I also think there's a great clique. Everyone should go. Everyone should go look at it or go watch it. Of Dave Chappelle talking about right after nine to eleven MTV was like, can we go now live to Jah Rule to get his thoughts on the day, and Chappelle's like, I don't want to hear from Ja Rule right now. I don't think John's got the answers I need. And I say that to say this, I of course have opinions on the Kendrick Drake battle. I don't think people right now are like, you know who I really need to parse this beef? Nick? Right, I just don't I know my place in the media hierarchy and I'm fine publicly sitting this one out privately, if I know you well enough that you have my phone number, I have a lot of thoughts on it publicly, I'm not gonna discuss it and demand if you really want to say something on it, you feel free. I the I'm not all for.
Speaker 4: I am kind of all for the dismantlement of Drake's career, but that's the only thing that I'll say.
Speaker 3: I think he's think he's a little.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna, We're gonna that's so I thought you might say that I may or may not. Again, I'm not gonna include my thoughts on this. I am going to remind the audience and maybe also my co host. Uh. While honesty is always appreciated, we've only ever had one guest ever on this show, and it was, of course Lil Wayne, and so we try to be respectful to everyone in the space.
Speaker 3: He's my guy at the end of the day, Like I don't know, he's a cool dude just like I.
Speaker 2: No, I know that, and that's his artist. And so we're just in a rough spot here on the What's right universe on discussing this also right now, No, that's fine, that's you know, I didn't want to censor you. But I also he's like, you know what, let's just we'll go ahead and just keep it moving, all right, quick listener questions didn't take quick? Then we're gonna wrap the show. What's Right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Right? Demansa. Let's get to a listener.
Speaker 3: Question, Tony said, fast show.
Speaker 2: Oh he's making because my opening rant was thirty minutes. You know, that's a good point. I have to go where I said eleven fifteen, it's eleven twenty. I have to go. Apologies to anyone who's questions. I didn't get to see you guys on Colin in about ninety minutes on my show in about three and a half hours with what I assume will be an inconsolable Kevin Wilds, talk to you guys later. What's right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget we're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get de Monday another plaque, so like, subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,