Speaker 1: Yea yea yea yea Yee's what you all been waiting for.
Speaker 2: Oh you're tapped in a way up with Angela ye.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what's good. It's way up with Angela yee. I am so happy.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: It's Friday, that's right, it's the weekend.
Speaker 1: I got a busy weekend.
Speaker 3: No Fest is going on out here in New York City tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Also Cocomo Fest. Coco Fest is happening.
Speaker 3: That's a restaurant, a Caribbean restaurant out here, and I feel like there's so much going on, I can't even remember all of it. But I'm gonna be outside this weekend. I'm also getting ready for angela Ye Day, so I'm filming some content.
Speaker 1: This weekend for that.
Speaker 3: I know, I haven't officially announced it yet, but it is August twenty third.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I just got to let it be known.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna also post a flyer to promote that it's happening because it's less than a month away now, and so it is what it is. But yes, I'm getting ready for Angela Ye Day, so I'll be filming some content.
Speaker 1: We are going to do the Brave Bar like we do every single year.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited and I'll be announcing later on who's going to be performing. But we have a special guest joining us today, and this is an amazing Friday guest. The Last is going to be here for the first time. Last month, his album Labor of Love came out, and I'm a huge fan of Blast. I was excited that he was going to be here. Of course, we got to talk about the verses that happened yesterday. Felt like a mess, but yes, so let's get into it. Jordi Door is going to be joining us shortly. I think she was downstairs getting some breakfast, but she'll.
Speaker 1: Be read up here.
Speaker 3: You know her from litt Service. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Let's shine a light when we come back, whoever you want to spread some love to, Let's press some positivity. Eight hundred nine two fifty one fifty. And because it's a new Music Friday starting today, every Friday, we are going to be shining a light on a new independent or unsigned artist.
Speaker 1: All right. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Let's shine a light.
Speaker 2: I'm a shine, I'm much shine.
Speaker 4: Turn your lights on y'all spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 2: Shut it's time to shine a light on them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's good this way? You put the ante la yee Jordy tours here on a Friday, good morning, and it's a new music Friday. So starting today, every Friday, when we shine a light up here our way up, we are going to shine a light on an up and coming artist and maybe Nick Sale. Yes, sir, this is gonna be your responsibility to vet these out. And today you gave us Martin R and b artists.
Speaker 5: Mel Yes, this is me.
Speaker 6: Her brand new EP Stages just dropped about two weeks ago. I've been spending it on the radar every Friday's ten, same as Plug and she has a brand new single out called safe Space.
Speaker 1: If you want to get into it, Okay, now you still gotta play it.
Speaker 7: Fu Helm seemed to notice that's everything with you were so explosive, my honors changing almost focus.
Speaker 8: Maybe don't cry. You used would be with them crying alone? Do you used to be mine? Okay?
Speaker 1: She sounds good, Yeah, she sounds great. Okay. She's from New York City.
Speaker 6: Yep Booklyn born and raised.
Speaker 1: I believe oh, we like it already.
Speaker 3: And her name is spelled M and then it's an apostrophe E L L E for anybody who's looking for her and navy.
Speaker 1: Since you're NIX, Sorry, I gotta maybe it's fine.
Speaker 3: Maybe how can people reach you if they want to actually submit as an artist or a new music Friday?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so send me your records to my Gmail at nix h q at gmail dot com and I c K S E A L e h Q as emil dot com.
Speaker 5: It has to be good.
Speaker 3: You can't pay, okay, and you can't pay all right? All right now, Kasha, who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 9: I like on my boyfriend?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 9: Who he is?
Speaker 1: His name Ethan.
Speaker 9: He is a very great guy. He's very charismatic. He's been to a lot and I just want to give him a pron.
Speaker 1: So what's to do with y'all?
Speaker 9: Two? Now? Well, you know what we're at now. But I don't think we're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, keise, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: Oh I'll kill you. Well, I'm going to work on I'm going to do whatever you take, okay.
Speaker 1: So he really proved himself to you while y'all.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that breakup is all it takes for somebody to get their life together and realize what they're missing.
Speaker 9: Absolutely and now trying to prove to him, you know.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Keisha, I hope it all works out for you, for both of you, so do.
Speaker 9: I thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for calling.
Speaker 3: Well that was chininga light eight hundred two ninety fifty one fifty just in case you couldn't get through. And when we come back, we have yo yu t Jordy. You know, we gotta start with the big news of the day. Did he Oh lord, he got into a.
Speaker 8: Fight, he stays.
Speaker 3: Find it is federal lockup in New Jersey. TMZ has all the latest details on this scuffle. Will tell you what they're saying. It's way up, they say.
Speaker 4: The rooms from industry shade to all of gossip out sending Angela's feeling that et.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's good. It's way up at Angela Yee. Jordy, George hanging out with Joy you know, are also from Lift Service. Make sure you took out this latest episode too. Now, Diddy got into a fight in prison with the fellow inmate, and this said at his federal lockup in New Jersey. Uh, this is in for it dicks in New Jersey.
Speaker 8: What it just feels appropriate.
Speaker 1: Things got heated.
Speaker 3: They're saying what happened was, according to TMZ, the inmate disc Diddy, who then got into it. So here's the problem though, right, is that he was supposed to be getting these credits for early release for good behavior, and he was going.
Speaker 1: To get out in February of twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: But if he was wrong in this scuffle, then that could mean the way there for even longer. Yeah, he'll get out, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: They said.
Speaker 3: The brawl was quickly squashed by prison staff who separated both of them. So I guess we'll see what happens. I mean, I have to imagine that people are gonna continue to test him, and then after he gets out, how do you deal with that person?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That I mean, he's in solitaire right now, so I feel like that's the safest place for him to stay.
Speaker 3: All right, We're gonna see and update you a ESPN plus a lot of drama over there. But it amidst all the drama, they have launched a new interview series and that is called The Trade with Kelly l.
Speaker 1: Carter.
Speaker 3: It starts on July twenty ninth, and according to The Hollywood Reporter, they're gonna be interviews that center on the intersection between sports and culture, so you can look forward to seeing John Cena, Marshaun Lynch, Dwayne Wade, Tyler, James Williams, among others.
Speaker 1: It's ten episodes.
Speaker 10: I've always said that sports is like TV.
Speaker 3: It definitely is right. And gossip too, because when you watch these sports talk shows and messy, yeah, and they tell like the same stories. When you watch it for an hour, you gotta just yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's just it's just a gossip show, but with.
Speaker 3: Gossip for if the sports fans love it all right, Destiny's Child is going to be releasing new music, according to Matthew Knowles. Now he did tell Page six exclusively this information.
Speaker 10: And what we're doing now is we're about to market a bunch of new remixes, some you've never heard before.
Speaker 5: When can we expect that in the.
Speaker 2: Next thirty days.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's some that are dance mix mixes, and then there's some that are just regular urban mixes.
Speaker 11: Are there any rap features that we're very excited about that you can tease or.
Speaker 2: Miss c Elliott Okay, yes, I.
Speaker 8: Love a Missy and Beyonce moment.
Speaker 3: You know, the last time Destiny's Child put out an album was in November of two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: That's insane, you know. And just so you know, LaToya Luckett is uncensored TV one special her documentary again.
Speaker 3: I know they were probably like, let's put this back out again. All right, new music Friday when we come back. There's a lot of great new music today, including Chad Hugo from The Neptunes his first solo Chad with the Drums. Yes, after all of that drama, it's way up.
Speaker 2: This is a judgment freeze all tell us a secret?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Its way up at Angela Yee. It's me and Dirty Door and it's a Friday, so you know what that means. These secrets today are going to be spicy. Eight hundred two nine fifty one fifty.
Speaker 1: What's up, Anonymous?
Speaker 5: Call it?
Speaker 1: Tell us your Dirk dirty Secret.
Speaker 8: I'm nervous to say this.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got your back, right, Okay.
Speaker 9: So my husband he got me pregnant.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's it. That's the secrets. Does he know?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he knows?
Speaker 1: Whoh Okay, so that's the whole secret.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but you want to know something more.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: My husband is your producer, Dan.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're having a baby.
Speaker 9: Guys, gosh, baby, look at him.
Speaker 1: Listen. Congratulations, we're gonna be Auntie the way.
Speaker 2: A baby.
Speaker 3: You know, we kept telling Dan and Rita like you know, they're gonna have a baby fast after they got married.
Speaker 5: Here it's a boy.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, is it gonna be a junior?
Speaker 5: No, no juniors, but he will be, but he will be a steal a fan.
Speaker 9: Well given new co hosts on Way Off.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: Wait, I think you gotta let the baby choose his team. You can't do that, child. What about the power of choice with kids nowadays? I think he's gonna is gonna be a Knicks fan.
Speaker 5: You can choose basketball.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not not football.
Speaker 3: Well congratulations, that's such a bit.
Speaker 1: First of all, glad y'all still have sex.
Speaker 3: Because you know, you know, well that's gonna be amazing though, you guys would be great parents.
Speaker 6: And guess what it's another capricorn.
Speaker 1: Even better, so lucky return okay, gang all the capricorns. Wow, well, good luck Rita with that is.
Speaker 3: I was like, this secret is not spicy at all.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm like, you know, predictable. Dan, look like she's gonna be like okay and like boring.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 3: All right, well, congratulations, Rita, so happy for you guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. We have to do paternity leave. We got to talk about this.
Speaker 5: Sounds like a problem. It sounds like a problem.
Speaker 1: All right, well, take care, be safe. We got to send you a gift.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you. We'll talk to you guys soon.
Speaker 6: I love you, I love you.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, our first way up, baby, that was the secret for us. You know we were lying, all right girl, Angela? All right, well you know what we got yet on the way.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that Versus battle last night, YG Versus the game. But right now, in honor of Dan and Rita, let's play some Beyonce and Sean Paul. Here is baby boy. It's way up.
Speaker 2: She's spilling it all.
Speaker 3: This is Yeaki, all right, his way up with Angela. Ye I'm here with Jordy door.
Speaker 1: Jordan. Did you watch the Versus at all? Last night?
Speaker 10: I saw clips. I couldn't take it. The game was irking my spirit. Why you say that he just gives me the egg.
Speaker 3: Well, he drank a whole entire bottle of Don Julio on stage, and you can tell he was very tipsy throughout the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And he did it all like and one. It wasn't like he was sipping it.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 3: Let me go ahead and down this. But yeah, some of the highlights for the night. YG talked about getting detained. That we discussed this yesterday morning because he did get detained, but he was not arrested or anything.
Speaker 1: Here's what he said on stage.
Speaker 12: I look, I woke up tears, he said. I said out.
Speaker 3: This might have been mind you, the game was going well. Now I saw you the video for the to him, he's dancing with out.
Speaker 8: Of control, just out of control, he was.
Speaker 3: He I wonder how he feels about this today. Let me see if he's posted and absolutely hungover today. But anyway, he did give YG his flowers and he was dancing to all of YG's songs as well.
Speaker 2: I had to cheat gold right, I had Doctor Drey No, I had to cheat.
Speaker 12: Goat, you ain't need no more stamp, So let me give you a weir roses white chilling.
Speaker 1: Why do you all right?
Speaker 3: Now, I did see people talking about who won the battle. I saw different matchups, but I think a lot of people, pretty much everybody says YG one.
Speaker 8: I just like his.
Speaker 10: Stage performance better too, Like I feel like he has better performer skills than the game and he wasn't wasted.
Speaker 1: Sorry that well.
Speaker 3: In addition to all of that, they did put out a song and this was called Red People.
Speaker 8: I money to sit on that for a little bit to feel about it later.
Speaker 3: All right, now, Megan the Stallion would like to be featured on future seasons of Love Island. She's already made cameos in season seven and eight as judging these challenges, but she told people that she wants to become an official employee of Love Island.
Speaker 8: I think that would be great. She did such a good job, you know, that's.
Speaker 1: My show, and it feels like she really enjoys it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's the best synergy when you can tell somebody really is watching something.
Speaker 1: Have you been watching the Ultimatum?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Please, I have not. Oh my gosh, I'm so irritated.
Speaker 3: Why just watch the show just to be irritated by some of the people on there.
Speaker 1: You will be so annoyed.
Speaker 8: Love show anyway.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just if nothing else, Okay, ultimatum, at least do that Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's on Netflix.
Speaker 3: All right. Well, when we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They are flying under the radar, but you definitely need to know about them. Amongst those things new tariffs set by us, some people's president, also oil. They're saying concerns to a record high higher than it.
Speaker 1: Is now, a record high, Yes, higher than it is now. It's way up.
Speaker 4: This in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, breaking news. It looks like Lebron has signed with the Philadelphia seventy six. Is a two year, eight million dollar deal according to Sham, so we already know that's real news, yes, Rich Paul told ESPN.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: Lebron went on social media and said, I thought I was done when the season ended. I wasn't ready to announce it, and I knew I needed some time to really decide, but I was pretty sure I played my last game. I was honest at that last press conference when I said I needed to look at myself and decide if I still love this game. I still truly love this game, and I have more to give. The last few weeks have been really special. I've never been able to have no clue what to do and take real time to just think. I've had an incredible few months with all the people I love trying to fit figure it all out. This is my last decision. I'm not going for money, I'm not going for family. What am I really playing for at this point. I still want to sacrifice. I still want to work, I still want to grind. I still want to compete, to win and to have a chance at the feeling of winning another championship. I believe I can help make the Philadelphia seventy six. It's a championship team, and I am so excited to energize a new fan base and start this incredible journey one last time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, La Miami.
Speaker 3: I'll forever love and Northeast Ohio will always I think he meant to say be home, but he wrote home.
Speaker 1: Ye okay, so there you have it.
Speaker 8: That's tea right there.
Speaker 3: Oh and then he said f all of y'all that was having an issue. No, I'm just kidding his I was like, he got spicy, but yes, so shout out to that decision finally being made. They faked U out with that Miami story where they made it seem like although maybe it was a real thing, but they made it seem like he was going there.
Speaker 1: So that's how he made his decision. Wow, Billy, what y'all think?
Speaker 8: Billy?
Speaker 3: Where's Sydney as she's so excited and Philly is so close? Well, that's going to be a big deal.
Speaker 8: It is, especially with the Knickers winning. That's gonna be tea.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is the.
Speaker 8: Sport is reality TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that was a weird choice. You think here comes Sidney from Philly.
Speaker 1: Sydney's from Philly. She works. All I heard was cheering outside a second ago. Of course, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: So what are your thoughts because you're not really known even though you're from Philly to be a seventy six ers fan. Correct, but it's from the city though, it's It's okay all the fans that were all of a sudden, Yeah, okay, bal appoints me, but not mad at it.
Speaker 1: I know all weekend the city is going.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you don't have a ches named after him?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, good, big news.
Speaker 3: Also, Well, while you celebrate that, just know that the US has set new terrorists at ten percent to twelve point five percent on sixty different trade partners. Now, hopefully the Supreme Court will strike down these terrors that were Remember they were imposed last time under Trump. So not sure what this is planning to do for US, but some of those trading partners that are facing terrors include Canada, Mexico, India, the UK and all of that. And in addition to that, the price of oil could hit the highest prices ever as the war with Iran is intensifying those oil prices and adding a lot of pressure to markets. Right now, the average for a gallon of gas is about four dollars and ten cents according to gas Buddy. We could see that go up to about four point fifty. Wow, all right, that is you're.
Speaker 1: Under the radar. Big news today.
Speaker 3: That wasn't under radar, that Lebron, but it really did just break all right. Well, the Way Up Mix is still coming at the top of the hour, plus Blast is going to be joining us. Labor of a Love his album came out last month. La is all over the news today too. After this YG and Game versus but we'll talk to him today. This is his first time on Way Up. And you know what it is, the Angela Jean like a Angela Jean man.
Speaker 2: She's spilling it all. This is yeaky.
Speaker 1: Well all right, his way Up with Angela yee. I'm here with Jordie Door and let's get into this yeaky.
Speaker 3: So the double Tail freshman class is trending, and that is because the Ciphers trailer came out yesterday and here is what it sounded like.
Speaker 5: Thank god, he.
Speaker 2: Made me like me.
Speaker 11: If you made me like y'all, and I wouldn't be on some issue when it comes to Jersey if it ain't Solana orfetty Day most likely talking about Christy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: The man on the corner just called me your prophet.
Speaker 6: The man in the mirror just got up here locked and I am the man that did not be forgotten.
Speaker 11: They no more regular living with torn up barely remember what day it is? Camera, get put in your face in the young and in turned to Ago for alien.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw sunny Digital said, I'm not even trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: But at first I thought this was some kind of parody skit.
Speaker 8: That's what I thought. I thought, it was a spoof but looked and sounded crazy.
Speaker 3: I fear mm hmm, well maybe Sandy Digit was writing that about an earlier posts from this Freshman Freestyles.
Speaker 1: I do think though, that it was something with the production of Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, they did them filthy because they sound talented, but the actual sound and the footage I fear.
Speaker 8: The ball was dropped somewhere. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't showcase them at there in the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well let's move on.
Speaker 3: But they do want people to tag who's full freestyle you want to see, so when you have a chance to go look at the trailer, you can go and do that and see, hey.
Speaker 1: Yike, all right. Chris Brown has pleaded guilty to.
Speaker 3: Afraid following a confrontation in that night club in London that was back in twenty twenty three. He entered that guilty plea assault and grievous bodily harm charges were dropped, as was the charge of him having an offensive weapon. And so yes, fortunately for him, I guess he'll be okay. They said he entered this plea. It was a hearing that took less than five minutes. Also, Trey Songs isn't going to end up going to jail after his latest legal skirmish as well, he was sentenced in New York on Wednesday to one year of conditional discharge for a non criminal violation of second degree harassment. And that was for allegedly punching someone at a Times Square nightclub last year. So he's not going to go to prison. He just has to make sure he doesn't do anything wrong in the next year. Also, Adrian Bronner has been sued for sexual battery, accused of extreme and outrageous conduct. And this is all from a woman named Havana Saint. Now she is accusing them of extreme Dean the Great as well of extreme and outrageous conduct exceeding all bounds tolerated in a civilized society. And Dean the Great is being accused of repeatedly and falsely telling the live stream audience and SAT had engaged in sexual contact with multiple individuals. By the way, she herself has said that she's not even interested in men, so she doesn't like men. She says, adrianne Broner kept pressuring her and she let him know this is not what I do.
Speaker 1: I don't like men.
Speaker 3: She also said that Adrian Broner threw a bucket of cold water on her without her consent in front of twenty thousand live stream viewers. That was clipped and reposted multiple times, and he also allegedly told her something along the lines of give me or leave.
Speaker 8: Wow. That is outrageous conduct.
Speaker 3: So and I'm sure it's all documented because it was on the stream. So we'll see how this turns out. Because they were very wild on their stream. I feel like it's calming down a little, but I don't know.
Speaker 8: It was everywhere.
Speaker 3: Also, lastly, again we all know lebron is going to the seventy six ers. Today also happens to be their head coach, Nick Nurse's birthday, So maybe that is part of the reason why you think he waited to announce.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but he announced it today. It's the coach's birthday.
Speaker 3: Everybody's saying happy birthday, and it really literally is his birthday.
Speaker 8: Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that is.
Speaker 3: Your yet and when we come back, it's a Friday, so we got your new music Friday. But right now, let's throw it back to Frank Ocean. Thinking about you. It's way out.
Speaker 4: Whether it's relationship with career advice. Angela's dropping facts should know.
Speaker 2: This is Askee brought to you by Top Dog Law.
Speaker 3: What's up his way up at Angela ys me and Jody door and it's time for ask.
Speaker 1: You You ready to get some advice?
Speaker 8: I'm always ready for some advice.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Fantasca's on the line and she don't trust her friend around her husband.
Speaker 9: I'm a newly wed.
Speaker 7: I just got married about a year ago, and I have a really good friend. This is something that's been on my mind. She's dated married men in the past. She's done it like four or five times ouch, and I'm not in agreeence with it. I've always given her my opinion. She's the type of person that like gets really involved and feels like they're gonna break up with their wife for her and hope usually that never happens.
Speaker 1: I realize somebody if I do that.
Speaker 7: Okay, Now, she's been asking me about things pertaining to my husband, things that we do, so I'm just concerned that she kind of is looking at my marriage and might be interested in him. Although we've been friends for years. Am I wrong for taking a step back on our friendship because it.
Speaker 8: Is no no I did if that's what your instinct is.
Speaker 5: Telling you to do.
Speaker 10: You need to follow that because if she moves a little dicey mmmm, it's not even worth the risk.
Speaker 3: What I've learned throughout the years is that I'm cool with people doing them. But if morally you do stuff that I don't like, and I feel like you would do it to me because trust and believe people who don't have morals they'll do turn around and do the same thing to you, then those aren't people that I really need to have around.
Speaker 1: If I have any question about you being around my man.
Speaker 3: Like Jordan, you know you hit me and you'd be like, hey, I'm at this day, can you and I'll put y'all on text together?
Speaker 1: Because I trust you, I don't think.
Speaker 3: But if it's somebody that you don't trust, then that isn't even anybody you should be around. And I think as we grow, we should have more discernment about the people who's around us. It's not about like I've known you for X amount of years. If I don't trust how you move, just like if you're talking about people to me as soon as they leave the room who you pretend to be friends with, trust that I know you doing that.
Speaker 7: To me exactly. That's what's been on my mind. You know, we're really good friends, but I don't agree with how she moves when it comes to her data life.
Speaker 5: Vocal about it, but you.
Speaker 7: Know, when it comes to my personal life, I have to protect minds.
Speaker 8: Absolutely and be unapologetic about it too.
Speaker 3: And you know what, you know, sometimes you could just fall back from people and it don't have to be a whole discussion space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just far back. I'll text you on your birthday yep, and holidays.
Speaker 3: Because you know what, people like that will have you in the middle of something that you have nothing to do. Right, There's times I've been friends with people that's been questionable and then now other people don't like me and I have nothing to do with what they did, but they don't like me because it's something my friend did. And being friends with somebody means you do got to be able to when they're not in the room, stand up for them. But I don't want to be friends with somebody if they're not around, I can't defend them because I don't agree either.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 7: Definitely, thanks Angel Love, thanks Schody, appreciate it, no problem, good luck, Thank you.
Speaker 3: On. Leave your husband around her, won't ask Ye. It's brought to you by top Dog Law. You can call them for any accident big or small, because if she messed with that woman's husband, there might be an accident. All right, go to topdog Law dot com. And when we come back, the Last is joining us. His album Labor of Love is out right now. But you're gonna love this conversation that we have. This is our first sit down. He was nervous because he watches lip service. Oh yeah, I'm like, this is different. We're building him up to that though. Okay, all right, it's way up.
Speaker 2: It's way up with Angela.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 2: You are a media may then, right.
Speaker 6: You never know what Angie's gonna say.
Speaker 1: What's up? This way up with Angela?
Speaker 9: Yee.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for this one because Blast is here in the building with me.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: You know I've been wanting to get you on this show for a while. My producer will tell you, and I know, like things have somehow never lined up properly. True, Yeah, Radar, Now he'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm always like I really like Blast, I really like his mess.
Speaker 3: Thank you and so and so this newest project, Labor of Love, is not a disappointment at all for me.
Speaker 1: I really enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Wow, thank you. That means a lot.
Speaker 11: That means a lot coming from a legend like yourself.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, you're in a new chapter of your life, so congratulations on that too. You know what's fascinating to me that you manage yourself. Yes, do you enjoy that?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Not.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I was saying.
Speaker 2: It's nice.
Speaker 1: I kind of manage myself too.
Speaker 11: It's not something that I like say with pride. It's just the reality of where I'm at right now, you know. But I still have a team around me that help me, you know, move around and make good decisions.
Speaker 3: Do you answer emails like yes as yourself or do you pretend to be someone else?
Speaker 11: I just don't say nothing, you know. I don't leave a name at the end of the message. I just respond accordingly.
Speaker 1: Are you on point? Like as far as somebody books you for something.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm on time. I stay on time. I just respect professionalism. So that's just who I am as an artist in general.
Speaker 1: And just so y'all know he was here on time.
Speaker 3: And it's always a surprise to me when you came in, they were like, okay, Blast is in the gree room.
Speaker 1: I say, on time and everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have a lot right now for the first time, I'm way up with you.
Speaker 1: We are talking to Blast.
Speaker 3: This album Labor of Love is out right now, let's discuss labor of love. You even started off with something very poetic about love is more than a feeling, it's actual labor and showing up. And so when you talk about this love that you have, it's love for not just music and your career, but also for family and other things as well.
Speaker 11: Yeah, fatherhood, you know, love for self, love for the relationship I'm in you know, all of the above, and the work that goes into that word love, the labor behind it. Hence the title labor of love. Love for me is more than just the feeling. It's the sacrifice and everything that goes behind it.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a very personal album, Labor of Love, because you did everything for it, wrote, produced, you know, the song on their Home.
Speaker 1: How was that writing that?
Speaker 3: Because reliving certain things that have happened from your youth and then now seeing this happen to you as an adult, Like I know you weren't in the house, yeah, when there was a home invasion, but even having a decision to put that on the album, it's.
Speaker 11: More healing now that I look back at it, and you know, it's funny because being in New York, it made me feel eery every time because I was in New York when it had happened. It was a moment that I'm proud of as I look back, because it's like I could turn my pain into art for not only me, but for my son too, because we both went through a traumatic experience around the same age, and it kind of made me look at it through a kid's eyes, but also now that I'm an adult, I could look at it from a, you know, a wider point of view. I think it was dope to connect with my son on that and kind of just be an example of a superhero, like, yeah, we can go through things and things gonna happen. This is a part of life. It's gonna be ups and downs, but you got to you gotta learn how to adapt to your circumstances.
Speaker 3: Right now, Blast is here his album Labor of Love, which by the way, is a true labor of love. He wrote and produced the whole thing that's out right now. We have more when we come back. It's way up.
Speaker 4: You vibe it way up with angela ye. More now what's up?
Speaker 3: Its way up with Angela ye. And yes we have the last on the show for the first time. He self produced this whole album, Labor of Love that's out right now. Let's talk about it. Were you very sensitive in relationships? Like what were you like back then when it came since you were a lover boy? Were you always having a girlfriend.
Speaker 11: Where yea and I got played so many times in my early relationships, and I think over time it kind of turned me to a savage.
Speaker 5: Like in my mid love era.
Speaker 3: They always say that a woman could make a man, turn a man into a savage.
Speaker 5: Careful, what are man?
Speaker 11: It's some good ones out there that you can taint, you know, And I'm one of the ones that y'all messed up.
Speaker 1: So, like, what type of things happened to you?
Speaker 5: I remember I had.
Speaker 11: A girlfriend in high school and she turned she was a drug addict. That's how I found out, Like in high school she was doing her thing with the drug dealer that she was addicted to.
Speaker 5: Wow, find drugs from you know.
Speaker 1: How did you find that out?
Speaker 5: It was a whole It was like a euphoria movie scene.
Speaker 3: That's a wild and you had no idea. You had no idea that she was I had no idea, and that at that young of an age too. That's I wonder what was going on in her household.
Speaker 5: I had another my prom day.
Speaker 11: Actually, on Prom night, we went to the hotel after you know, she was doing her thing in the bathroom with a whole nother.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, that's the story of Blast. There's a lot of hell that I'm going through.
Speaker 1: How did you find that out?
Speaker 5: I was there? What you mean how I found out?
Speaker 1: Somebody told you?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 5: I was there. I witnessed it, my gosh.
Speaker 1: So then you just went home after that.
Speaker 5: I had to thug it out. I have to thug it out.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, this all probably helped you do some music if you think about it.
Speaker 5: Stories to tell, for sure, they're still unfolding as we go.
Speaker 1: Right now. For the first time, I'll way up with you.
Speaker 3: We are talking to Blast's album Labor of Love is out right now. Sometimes we don't think about what men have gone through when it comes to relationships, you know, I think for women, we're used to like, oh he cheated on me, he did this to me, But we don't think about men and having gone through having some type of trauma from.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then you know, asking man, it's kind of you kind of look weak when you I'm pretty sure it'll be a tough man that would never tell the stories I just told and they just regular little high school stories. But yeah, men go through things too, but it's it's not like you looked at as a superhero to tell those stories like okay, tough enough and keep going.
Speaker 3: Well, the only thing that would be crazy is if you stayed with her after that. Oh yeah, for sure, did you I had a double check.
Speaker 1: Okay, they'd have been like, all right, blast, we gotta talk.
Speaker 5: I ain't that much of a fool.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I really appreciate you for coming through here.
Speaker 3: Like I said, we've been trying to coordinate and make this happen, but I think this was perfect time because at least I got you after the album came out, so I was able to really sit with it and listen to it.
Speaker 1: And I think you're an amazing artist.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Like when they said he didn't even ask me, because normally before we book somebody, they're like, oh, do you want this person? I just saw your name pop up on the schedule and I was like, that's exciting. Blast is by only coming through, you know, I was kind.
Speaker 5: Of skeptical about doing the show with you. Why because you've got that freaky show that.
Speaker 1: You be doing lipsavers. We'll get you on the next and I thought.
Speaker 5: It was going to be the same thing. But this was actually one of the dopest interviews I had.
Speaker 3: All Right, well, thank you so much to Blast for joining us. You can watch that full, very entertaining interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with ye And when we come back into your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 2: He's the last word on Way Up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: His Way Up with the Angela Yea, Jordy doing Breaking New It was eventful Friday.
Speaker 1: I know how fun was this? What are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 8: Sleeping?
Speaker 3: I love that for you. You need to wait because you'll be outside. I'm not gonna play, like really.
Speaker 10: Have been outside outside and I'm exhausted.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for you. I was gonna invite you to curl fest or Cocomo Fest. But who's that Cocomo's and restaurant in Brooklyn And they do this coco Fest thing where I think it's at Brooklyn Navy Yard. So it's like a whole bunch of different vendors and fun and everything. I've been there before, Okay, I have been there before. All Right, Well let's see if you really are gonna be resting. We're gonna see. But I'll be outside this weekend for sure. Don't forget today to every Friday, DJ dangles at Coffee uplifts people, so come through and check us out. You gotta come djday, I need an okay, all right, We're gonna do a lift service night at Cutoklyn as well.
Speaker 1: Anyway we can get you there, we'll take it.
Speaker 3: Also, thank you to Blast for joining us today Labor of Love.
Speaker 1: You know that's out right now.
Speaker 3: But why's that for very entertaining interview on my YouTube channel? Way up with ye and you know this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 7: I've been.
Speaker 9: For the first like the last year, but I enjoyed this is Kaya. I wanted to sign her right on my cousin Asia. She's taking care of the old folks synergy, and she's treating you all very well, like she's done this a whole lot.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 9: If she's taken care of that astle to somebody gotta do it.
Speaker 2: Going way out or turn out with Angela yee