Speaker 1: The volume. Come on, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us as the Denver Nuggets four sex Game seven with a one nineteen one oh seven victory over a O.
Speaker 2: KC. They got production from where they needed it.
Speaker 1: Nicola Jokic was sensation to night twenty nine points, fourteen rebounds, eight assists. He got twenty five points from Jamal Murray, twenty three points from Christian Braun. But it was Strawford off the bench that gave that was four to fourth from the free throw line, in three or four from the three point line, four of eight from the field. They gave him fifteen big points off the bench and that was the difference as they win by twelve one nineteen to one oh seven. Oh Joe, we've got a game seven. Game seven. I guess you can play a series sports. No phrase is more important than Game seven. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I am your favorite Uncle Shining Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty City Legend, The Bengal Ring of Fame, Honterie, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad Ocho Cinko Johnson.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit the light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every subscriber counts. We thank you for counting, We thank you for mattering. We also thank you for helping us matter. I don't know if you saw this today, o Jo, but on thatt Bank YouTube came out with their top one hundred podcasts.
Speaker 3: Even though we're huh, you saw it? No, I did see it. You know, I got been with all the rookies today. Talk to me now.
Speaker 1: We are Shane she Media have two shows in the top one hundred. Club Shay Shed number seven, number twenty eight is Nightcap. Now there are some bad you know, the thing is on show that's not really what.
Speaker 2: We were getting better at it and we're gonna get even better.
Speaker 1: But once we get back in our element, which is the NFL season, yes sir, we're gonna climb back up in that top ten like where we're supposed to be.
Speaker 3: But look, you gotta understand how good it is for that not to be our element obviously, and we are doing what we're doing right now, still be.
Speaker 1: At twenty eight, twenty eight out of one hundred and we're in front of them, and we're in front of some pods, oh, show that basketball is their specialty.
Speaker 2: So it just goes to show you.
Speaker 1: That our fans that they respect what we do, they support what we do, and they're gonna tune into what we do.
Speaker 2: So we can't thank you guys enough.
Speaker 1: Also joining us, we have a very special guest to talk this game tonight.
Speaker 2: His nickname was the Matrix.
Speaker 1: He's a four time All Star, two times All NBA, an NBA champion with the MAVs. His number thirty one jersey is retired with the Phoenix Suns. Ladies and gentlemen, Harry is is Sean the Matrix, Marion Matrix.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: You good? What's up? What's up on, Chad? What's good? Good man? We're good, bro.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us. We'll get right in just a second. Please make sure you go check out Shade by Laportier. We do have it in stock. The best is the best testing bsop premium Cognac on the market now. If you cannot find it in a city or state near you, order it and will ship it directly to your door.
Speaker 2: Please drink responsibly and stay safe.
Speaker 1: Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms shay Shaped Media and My Clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: We do nice things like this. The link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. Tickets for our Not Safe for Work Tour are on sale. Eight stops Baltimore, Philly, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Miami, NYC, Chicago, and Detroit. Tickets can be found at shayshapedia dot com slash tour. That's Shayshapmedia dot com slash tour. Go get your tickets now and catch out your favorite and O show as we come to a city near you. Ah Metrics. We got a game seven. The Denver Nuggets do what I thought they would.
Speaker 2: Do going home.
Speaker 1: They hole serve and they forced a game seven one nineteen to one oh seven.
Speaker 2: You got great contributions.
Speaker 1: You got five guys in double figures, led by Nicola Yokis twenty nine, fourteen and eight. Jamar Murray had twenty five eight assists. Kristin Brown had twenty three points eleven big rebounds. He had five assists. Michael Porter Jr. He came to the party of the night. He didn't take many shots, but he made the shots that he took. He made those counts. He had ten points, but it was Strawthord off the bench that gave him fifteen big points. He was three or four from the three point line and four to eight from the free throw Excuse me from the field watching this game, matrix, What did you like about what you saw from the Nuggets? Because I thought they took control early in the first quarter, and then they kind of let it slip away in the second quarter.
Speaker 2: They regained it in the third.
Speaker 1: Quarter, and then when cruised home in the fourth quarter, it was tough nipping tuck, but they broke the game open. What did you like about what you saw from the Nuggets tonight? Championship pedigree? You got two of the best closers in the game right now with a Joker and Murray. Man.
Speaker 2: Murray stepped up big. You know, he came up.
Speaker 1: They say he was sick before the game, but man, you know, I think he's uh, he's special.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I think he don't get enough credit as he deserved. Man, I think he you gonna ask two minutes, Tom, that's a tough team to beat man.
Speaker 2: You know what I like.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that they're really aggressive. They shot thirty two free throws tonight, so that tells me they're not They weren't settling. They were trying to put pressure on the OKC defense. You know, this is a very good defensive team. They got guys that can offend. They switch everything. They got two bigs that can protect the paint. You got Jalen Williams, who's a great defender, Loudor, you have a Caruso, Isaiah, Joe Wiggins, Wallace. You got guys. They got about sixty seven guys that can defend the wing. And they switch everything because they don't want to try to they don't want to help and leave guys wide open. And I thought the Nuggets did a great job tonight matrix of putting the ball on the floor, trying to get the.
Speaker 2: Ball to the rims and they drew a lot of five.
Speaker 1: They shot thirty two free throw a tempts they was twenty seven or thirty two and the thunder was only ten or sixteen, and Shay Gil just shot eleven of the sixteen free throws.
Speaker 2: I thought Jaylen Williams, he was off the night.
Speaker 1: He was three or sixteen from the floor, oh four from three, and he didn't get to the free throw line at all. Hartenstein, He doesn't really normally get to the free throw line. Lou Dort didn't get to the free throw line. But when you only got three guys and they take all your free all sixteen, that tells me you're not nearly aggressive enough, and maybe you settle a little bit more for threes than you you should have. Yeah, theyin'ted somebody else stept up to night. You know, I think when you look at this game, you know, they are a young team. You know, I think they're they're they're growing, they're getting better as they keep playing. By man, you know, I think the excuse me of Denver just just prevailed and they just man, they played smart and they took care of the ball, and they needed too.
Speaker 2: They had so many mistakes out their young mistakes. You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's some mentality of these young teams, tams that that they I loved. Okay, see, they played hard, you know, they played break with their hands. But I think sometimes they just seem like they're going meuthargically, going through the motions at times, and they just they gelped that they get off there. They pumped the brakes a little bit when they need to be putting their foot foot on the pedals and taking it to another level. They've shown them signs they can do it. They're a resilient team. But when the mistakes catching up with them, they turned the ball all a little too much. Yeah, and they're not a three point shooting team. Oh till they were eleven or forty. Tonight they were twenty seven and a half percent. Julian Strawford, he hit more threes than any player on ok SE uh and so we knew that. Look the big guns they got a fire tonight, Joker and and and Murray they did that.
Speaker 2: Now where else can we get some production?
Speaker 1: Because they needed those points because in the fourth quarter he had some big threes, he got a couple of rebounding, put some footbacks. Because you look at it, uh Okac's bench is better is wall. It's better than the Nuggets bench. And so they needed some production off that bench, and Julius Strauther gave that to them. Fifteen points, a career playoff high three or four from the three point line. I thought Christian Brown was Family Fabulous Tonight, twenty three points, Ojo eleven of rebounds, five or Sais three steals, He was three or six from the three point line.
Speaker 2: He had more points than Jay Dubb.
Speaker 1: He had more rebounds than Hartenstein, more steals than Carusso's, and more may threes than Shape. He's the youngest player in franchise history with a twenty ten five and three game in playoff. In a playoff game, Jamal Murray has twenty five points in playoff games.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about it.
Speaker 1: Jamal Murray has more twenty five point playoff games than Devin Booker, Jaylen Brunson, Joel Embiid, Kevin Garnett, Tracy McGrady, Bill Russell, Deack Rose, Penny Hardway, Johnson Phillips, and Bence Carter. We don't look at we don't look at Jamal like that because he's never been on the All the NBA team, he's never been an All Star. But as metrics, as you said, he can ball and the moment, he's a big He's like James Worthy. He's a big game player. The bigger the game, the better he played. He knew his backup with his back was against the wall. If I don't play well. The series is over in six games. Let's get it back to OKC, and let's see who can have the pressure more better we or them. I love the way they played tonight. I love the championship medal. As Matrix mentioned, the Nuggets showed. What did you like about what you saw from the Nuggets?
Speaker 2: So Jo?
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously they played well. They suffocated. They suffocated. I'm just gonna say it. I feel they suffocated. The goddamn the thunder. It was one on four. I'm I'm gonna call it like that. It was one on five actually, because Shay was the only one that showed up to night, even though he had twenty points, but he only had two assists and he had four turnovers. But Joker doing what he does, and god damn Jamal Murray with twenty five at night. Listen, they set the tone. You expect a game like this. You want to be able. A young team like that, that can, that's up and down the floor. They played the defense. You want to be able to close out a game like this. You want to be able to But obviously the Nuggets having that championship pedigree and and being that they've been in.
Speaker 4: This position before they were able to pull this game off.
Speaker 3: The fact that Shae, the fact that it was the game of this this much importance, and Shae was the only one to show up the night, and nobody else did. Lou Dort, Hartenstein, Javin Williams. They played, They played bad. They played bad, and I don't know if if maybe they might have been tired. They may, they may want to get the game seven and then just pull a pull a rabbit, pull up a rabbit out that had a seven.
Speaker 1: Naw, you can't chance that, o Jo, because you a road ankle, you an elbow, you you you're a bad play, you a push, you lose your composure, You one play away from being out of this thing. And so you never you never put off tomorrow what you can get done today. Now why I get that, you know in front of our home crowd, but your home crowd doesn't guarantee you a win.
Speaker 2: And so that's why I would be out look.
Speaker 1: And plus the Nuggets have been in game seven, They've been here, they done that, They're battle tested, they got a three time league MVP, and they got one of the best big game finishers in Jamal Murray in the NBA, so I wouldn't want to test that. I thought Chest played really good today. He was eight or fourteen. He had eleven rebounds. But Jaylen Williams, who's their second best player, did not have his best game. He had six points with sixteen shots, So Joe, he was all four from the three, and he didn't get to the free throw line. So that tells me he was settling. He wasn't nearly aggressive as he needed to be because he can put the ball on the floor, and he settled for those three point shots, which the Nuggets would gladly accept. Sixteen free throws three attempts. That's not from the basketball. They need to be somewhere between twenty five and thirty free throw attempts and keep that the three point attempts somewhere like if you get to thirty, you can live with that. You can live with that. But they got the forty and they only made eleven. They weren't nearly aggressive enough. I think that that that that that's that that was a problem for them tonight. But the Nuggets with plenty plenty aggressive with thirty three thirty two free throw a tempts. Looking at this game, so projecting matrix going to a game seven, What do you think, OKAYC need to do to keep the Nuggets from coming into their building in a game seven and walking out there going to the Western Conference finals?
Speaker 2: Who who? What Dad say? Show up?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's uh, it's it's gonna be simple to them, and that's not gonna be simple. But you need your yo yo. Your role players play batter at home. So this is that's gonna be that hospital home court advantage?
Speaker 2: Is that right now?
Speaker 1: This postseason, so it's been isn't paying off, but both teams have won them both on both their home courts. So h oh, listen that seven game, man, you just you just don't know. Man, you got you throwing them up in the air and like, listen, let's go to the war. You know you got come, you gotta come to fight. You know, you just don't know. Because Lebron's been been struggling the last three games, you know what I'm saying, two or three games? Yeah, and shoot he found this shot shot to night. So look, Gordon's has been playing great. He didn't have a great eight knight. He'site five points. I think what is called how many points or Gordon scored. He had five points on two or seven. But did I see him? Did you think you looked like he grabbed his hamstring like that that left hand. Me started bothering him because he was doing it. You know, he was grabbing a little bit.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, left one, the left, the left side.
Speaker 1: Dams facing nothing to play with if he hurt. Now that that's that's I don't want that. I don't want to see no injuries in the postseason. But man, that that can that can change the dynamic of everything.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Certain teams know he's a big part to their team and what he's done for this uh, for the postseason and helped to win the championship two years ago.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be interesting to see who shows up.
Speaker 1: Man, It's like, ain't no more schemes, ain't no more drawn up this and that?
Speaker 2: It does. They know, they know when they go, they know when to fight, going to the bath.
Speaker 1: They know.
Speaker 2: So let's let's let's come a war, baby. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought the Nuggets. I thought the Nuggets. I thought the Nuggets bench. They got twenty seven points from the bench to offset the thirty points because normally the thunder bench blows the Nuggets bench away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tonight it was only a plus three.
Speaker 1: Well you could live with that because the Nuggets are only gonna play like three guys off the bench. Russ, Watson and Strawther those are the only two. Those are only three guys that's gonna get off the bench.
Speaker 2: Now we know.
Speaker 1: Okay, see they're gonna play five guys coming off the bench.
Speaker 2: That's what they do. That's what they normally do.
Speaker 1: Uh. Tonight they played a few more, but it was in mop up duty, so I don't really count those. But you look at guys that Wallace played twenty seven minutes, Wiggans play twelve minutes, Caruso played twenty seven minutes, and Jay Williams played fourteen minutes. So that's one two three four. So they played nine guys. Sometimes occasionally they'll play ten. Actually they played well you can look at they play ten because Isaiah Joe played eight minutes. All the other guys played one minutes. That was mop up duty. So you know they're normally gonna run nine to ten guys at you O Joe, And that's where they kind of do a lot of their damage because they got guys that can go get buckets against your second unit. You look at Caruso, you look at Carson Wallace, you look at a Wiggins and Isaiah Joe. Those guys can score. And so that's normally the deciding factor is that when they take their starters out, okay, see takes their starters out, the second unit can get some distance or they can claw back if they're behind, they can claw back some of the some of the dig into the lead that you have. But I thought the Nuggets bench played extremely well tonight. I think coach Adaman is gonna be very pleased with the performance that he got. You know, Jamal Murray got a little careless with the basketball late in.
Speaker 2: The ball game.
Speaker 1: I think he had like two or three consecutive turnovers and got in the game a little bit more interesting than probably what it should have been late.
Speaker 2: But I love the way they.
Speaker 1: Regathered themselves and it was able to close this game out by twelve. So we have a game seven in the Western Conference Semmifinals the Denver Nuggets about the score of one nineteen to one oh seven over the OKC thunder forced the game seven, and that game will be on Sunday and we'll break be right here to you. The Nuggets will play in Game seven for the seventh time in the Yokic era. Sunday would be their first Game seven on the road. They had a road game during the Bubble, but that doesn't count because everybody was on the road. Oh Joe, who you like? Oh Joe, who you like? In this Game seven, you're taking the Thunder. You're taking the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: Listen, the Nuggets have already been there before. I want to see Shae winn it. I want to see the MVP get into it. I think the difference in this game is gonna have to be the bench. They got to be the bench. The goddamn bench got to show up. Shae ConA do what he does. Jay and William shit, they gonna do what they do. I think the bench is gonna be the difference. They have no choice. I mean, Game seven for one, and I'm giving the ad to the Thunder because they're gonna be at home.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be at home, So I got damn. If you want to put a little money on it, let.
Speaker 2: Me know, man.
Speaker 1: I told you it was concerning to me because I saw Aaron Gordon grabbing that hamstring, and that's not a good sign. And I understand they got they don't play again, oh Joe until Sunday. If that hamster, hopefully it would like a little dehydration and it's just grabbing on it. It just spasoming it up. It's not a strain of anything. So let's let's just hope hope for that. Let's let's you know, pray for the best. Yeah, that's all that's all we can do at this point in time now. But they got their work cut out for him. If if, if, if Gordon was one hundred percent healthy and I didn't see him grab that ham string, I probably would have went with the Nuggets. Wait playing it And it doesn't matter, Okay, I like I like your kitchen and Murray to pull this thing out. If all I want to do is get the lead, See I would to get I want to keep your crowd out of the game.
Speaker 2: And make sure you know this. The longer I can.
Speaker 1: Keep your crowd out of the game, the better my chances are because the home team's gonna feed off that energy. But I ain't gonna give you nothing to cheer about. I'm gonna come I jump out on your ten nothing makes you call the time out. You hit a bucket, then we're gonna go on another front. And so we're gonna keep the crowd on the hands were gonna We're gonna have the crowd waiting for you to give them something to cheer about.
Speaker 2: But that moment is never gonna come. Go ahead, Matrix. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Okay, c is one of the most loudest arenas I've ever played in. It's gonna be rocking in there, so I can't wait. I'm excited for it. You know what I'm saying. I've been in that arena and that's a hostile environment in there, and I'm telling you it's gonna be off the chain. I think, Okay, she gonna flow it out for some reason.
Speaker 2: Though, see tell you.
Speaker 1: Uh Majure's your former team. Wasn't the NBA draft lardest. It doesn't seem like a tough decision who they'll take. But now some NBA executives are reportedly skeptical that Cooper Flag will develop will uh whether or not he'll develop into a superstar. According to Howard Back of The Ringer, one anonymous eight exact said that while Flag have a high chance of becoming an All Star. He isn't in the same class as other recent number one overall picks such as Victor and Miyama and Zion Williamson in terms of being a can't miss generational prospect. Another executive suggested Flag may be a very good player, but not a star, while the third said Flag does have superstar potential, but they aren't sure he'll be a future MVP candidate. I think those are all the guys that want the Mavericks to trade Cooper Flag to him. Listen, I mean, metrics haven't played this game for as long as you haven't been, and seeing some of the other great players that played.
Speaker 2: This game, what do you think the ceiling is for Cooper Flag Man?
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know what the ceiling is, but I think he's so talented and so skilled right now and the year he had in Duke. I mean, listen to Scott's limit for the young man. I think as long as he come in, put the work in, and we're singing samples of what he can do when he plays against the USA basketball team last year, US said, yep, so the work is there now that it's gonna be a different test now having to go against these go against these players, not in night out, but I mean, uh, if he comes to the Mavericks and we Mavericks draft him number one, I think he come into a great organization and a great situation.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna be the the number one. He's not the faith no, no, not the not the focal poet. And he got you got some you got some great veteran leaders on that team. That's gonna help him, and it's gonna be an easier transition when you know, a lot of times people be uh, A lot of times good teams don't ever get the first pick.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Teams, you know that's because you're a lot of reteam. Don't mean you're a bad team. He just had a bad correct that bad season. Things didn't fall your way. So a lot of times, a lot of good some good players come into teams that are are bad.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You come into a situation where they want you to be the guy immediately, and sometimes that doesn't work out for a lot of guys. You know what I'm saying, it's that much pressure, it's harder. There's too much everything going on to me moving parts. But he got a good chance to go into a good organization. Good coach, Jay Kidd, my guy, you know what I'm saying, And uh man playing with Anthony Davis, Kyrie Klay Thompson and a young young group of guys as talented and the ain't hungry. So I mean I think, uh, you know, as we sit here and talk about all these teams and stuff, a lot of a lot of teams are either one player or one and a half player away.
Speaker 2: From going to the finals.
Speaker 1: I'll say this every year all the time, that that that that the parody is so close during down the league that you know what I'm saying, all it take is to get you get getting hurt at the right time.
Speaker 2: Right, O Joe, what do you think Cooper flag ceiling is?
Speaker 1: Because he's a lot of execs says Yeah, I think he'll be a good player, but not a superstar. I think he'd be good, but he's not. He's not Zion, he's not Victor winbin Yama out. We don't see him as a as this generational talent like can't miss and another guys like well, I don't see him as an MVP candidate.
Speaker 2: There have been a lot of great players that didn't win the m v P.
Speaker 3: H Well, hell, they said the same thing about Joker. You see where he went, right, Yeah, he probably said the same thing about him. But obviously you watch Cooper Flag, he's looking what he's done Duke right, and you watch him play against the elite talent at the college level. But then you also watch what he was able to do against the USA basketball team before they prepared for the Olympics, and you understand he has all the tools in the toolbox. He's someone that works hard. And obviously him going to Dallas and not having to be the face and just being a part of that team and being able to work on his game and evolve his game to a point where he actually can become a superstar. I mean, how many times do you have a player that's a generational talent and comes out and as Wimbayama or Zion Wims Williamson. Those are special talents that come around every so often. Everyone else that becomes elite or NBP caliber, they have to work at it, right, we have to give him an opportunity to work on this game because everybody doesn't just come out in Nordy be all right, a chosen one.
Speaker 1: There's only so many Lebrons. Yeah, just because I think the thing is in major correct me from wrong. A lot of times the lit till we know this is like, oh he number one, he transcended, he generational, he's franchise altering.
Speaker 2: No that somebody's got to go number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because you go number one, that doesn't mean you're gonna be Kareem or Magic or Lebron or one of these other historically great players that has been selected number one. And so I think that that that needs to be That needs to be the thought process. People think just because you go number one, oh he's about to be Peyton Manny, Oh he about to be John Elway. No, that's not necessarily true. Somebody has to go number one. And maybe just because he went number one, that doesn't mean he's gonna be franchise altering it.
Speaker 2: Could he could?
Speaker 1: He could, because look, we can say that there have been plenty of guys that they had late the tag can't miss and they missed, And there have been some guys that're like, damn, I didn't see that, Because if you saw that, like you said, O, Joe, if everybody would have thought Yoki was gonna to be what he turned out, he wouldn't have been in the second round. He'd been a number one pick of the draft, and because he wasn't, that just goes to show you it's you never know what a guy has in here here.
Speaker 2: You never know. You can look at it and say, oh, man, that Joe was sixteen.
Speaker 1: He can jump out the gym, he can shoot the three, he can get to the mini, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: But what does he have in here? How much does it mean to it?
Speaker 1: Because some guys it means more to others, and they're willing to work a little harder in order to achieve it. Some guys that have come natural to Matrix and they don't work nearly as hard. And you're like, man, I sure wish I had that guy's talent. With his talent and my work, effic hell, I could have been this. What do you what do you think? What do you think? Matrix man? Listen, y'all, y'all hitting on a lot of a lot of a lot of points. Man, I think one of the biggest things I'm I'm a firm believer in is in order to be selful, you got a sacrifice. How much do you want to sacrifice to get to that position? To get that nutt level? I think he has, Like you said, he has all potential. One of the things you didn't realize. I guess doing the history and everybody's talking about he gonna be the if. When it happens, he will be the first a white boy to actually go number one in the draft in a long time. Think about that, Yeah, had Bill, Yeah, most of all the all the white players in the league now Europe or black player. Yeah, and that's not saying American all of them. He's the first American. Uh yeah, Ernican boy gonna be going number one the draft. That's tough, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Gallinari, Gallinari with number one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did he go number one? Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: I think they did. You rock Toronto. Yeah, But that's a lot man saying a lot. But man, he's taught.
Speaker 2: Man. I wish him the best, man.
Speaker 1: I think he has a tremorous upside to the It's gonna be exciting to watch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah from Indiana.
Speaker 1: Who Yeah, the last the last American born white player to go number one. Overall was Kent Benson?
Speaker 2: What year was that?
Speaker 1: I think he's the one that got in the fight with Kareem and Kareem broke he elbowed Kareem and Kareem turned around the points to be the face he broke his nose. Yeah, what year was that though? Forty five years ago? Nineteen seventy seven. Yes, so what I'm saying, because what was walking in seventy seventies seventies six? Yeah, it was five seventy six, walking back in seventy five, seventy six, it.
Speaker 4: Was seventy five.
Speaker 2: I was at that draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's he wasn't he born yet, but okay, he was born. Yeah, so it's walk was seventy was the seventy four draft. Yeah, that's special, man, But uh yeah, that's a lot. Yeah, that's that's been that's a long time time man. Listen, I think he's special though I wished him all of up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope I hope it. I hope he's able to excel and do everything he wants and put it. I heard he got great work at he's a great Bundy. I ain't so I heard I heard his special kid. I ain't met him yeah, I heard great things about him already, and I was gonna see him.
Speaker 2: I'm up here.
Speaker 1: I went to the combine yesterday, so yeah, I ain't seen him yet, so I was hoping to run into him. I ain't bumping to him. So, uh yeah, Ton the corner metrics, you was at the right team. It was Andre Barnyanni. Yeah, that was number one overall in two thousand and six to Toronto. You had the right team. But I knew. I was like, no, it was I got it, got it confused, but it was. It was Barnyanni in two thousand and six. I play with Andre what but he was foreign born? Where we're talking an American born player. Hell, there hadn't been a whole lot of them. I mean you gotta go. I mean, you go back to Walton seventy four. You got Ken Bison in seventy six. So it's not like it's you know, it's not been a it's not been a whole lot of American born, white players that's been selected number one overall. But if it be a huge accomplishment for Cooper Flag, I'm sure he'd be very excited. His family, his town, his hometown, uh state would be very excited to see, uh, finally, finally an.
Speaker 2: American born white player be selected number one.
Speaker 1: All it's uh, it's interesting to see because to see the way he plays O Joe because of the side they had, what is six saxty sixty nine.
Speaker 2: He can handle the ball because he led, He led.
Speaker 1: Duke and everything, scoring, rebound, assists, block shots, steals, so it shows that he's well rounded. He could do it. He could do a lot. He could do it basically everything, a little everything. And but the difference is he was a coming into Duke's one thing, coming into the NBA where there guys just to skill just as talk can jump just as how I can run just as fast and shoot just as good can play defense, just as good can do everything you do just as good. That's what'st That's what you when you start getting the levels. They say, Okay, you go to JV and then you go to high school, and then you go to college, or you go to the G League or whatever the case may be. But once you get to the pros which is NBA, NFL, MLB, whatever the case, whatever sport that you play, yeah, you understand, like there's levels to this. This is this and people feed. This is what I tell that said, these grown men, this is how they feed their family. This is how kids go to private school. This is how college tuitions get paid. This is how to make sure the wife didn't go significant other than nothing to have to work. This is how mom or grandma get the house. Bro, guys are not gonna allow you to take food up their table now they Hey, they bringing it, because that's how that's how I look. I don't know how you guys frosted one, but I looked at Oh, you try to take you try to take my kids out of school. You try to get my grandma to have to go back to do a little odds and then jobs.
Speaker 2: Oh no, bro, that ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know that's our old school mentality though, that's all They ain't the new generation mentality.
Speaker 2: Really, they don't think like that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, But that's that's that's how, that's our train of thought, because you know that we were survivors back then.
Speaker 2: These now it's a big entitlement now these days.
Speaker 1: But some of these kids, there are some special ones that truly believe in putting the work in.
Speaker 2: I think he's one of those guys.
Speaker 1: I think, Uh, listen, a lot of us, now we know what the gang gave us, and the opportunity to get for us ourselves, our families and our friends, and.
Speaker 2: Everybody will be able to truly bless.
Speaker 1: But sometimes a lot of people take these things for granted and it can be over just as fast as they can.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this because we've been hearing a lot of a lot about this. Uh Nico Hasson trades Luka Doncic. Now that the ratings goes Hey, why he's in l a And now he trades Luca and all of a sudden and the number two pick goes to Utah, which means the number one pick goes to the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 2: Do you believe the draft is rigged? The draft lot of is rigged?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: It's just sometimes things work out in their favorite man. I think you know, if you look at it, if it was rigged. And why are teams thanking purposely to try to get the number one pick? Most of the teams are tank What team has ever tanked purposely tanked and got one number one pick? Can you do the try on that true, the team is to be very interesting because the team that started taking they they picked it way down.
Speaker 2: They gonna be need to tank again, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So when you start thinking about all that stuff, man, listen, everybody gonna always have a speculation. Somebody always have something to say, whether it's right or wrong. Yeah, you know what, you know what the face, Well, the conspiracy theory is gonna always exist, man, come on, it started the first year that it actually started. Guy, the first year they had the lottery to eighty five and the Knicks ended up getting Patrick Uit. So that started. They're like, hold on, it's of New York. The first year they got the lottery, you didn't get hit the Patrick ewit. Yeah, so that it started. So every since then they're like, hold on, you mean to tell me a guy that grew up one hour away from Cleveland and he's coming out and he ended up to the Cavs Lebron.
Speaker 3: I don't know, listen, it was such a convenience. It's such an odd convenience too. No shine to where it almost seems like, even though if you're conspiracy theorist and all, it just seems like it was rigged or done on purpose to to satisfy and not just the MAVs were going tozation, but the fans as well, and to get Nico Nico Harrison off the goddamn hook.
Speaker 4: That's just what feels like. Just how what are the odds on? Think about it?
Speaker 1: Though they had the fourth, they had the fourth longest odds to get the number one overall pick. I think Dereck Rose was like one for Chicago, get another one. Chicago got Deck Rose. We didn't want to talk about that, but go ahead, go ahead, fish point.
Speaker 3: I was just saying just the fact that it all happened that way and it was perfect. It seemed perfectly orchestrated. You let you let Luca go, and you have nothing. Everybody's upset. Nico Harrison keeps on talking about it, making everybody even more upset.
Speaker 4: And now to ease.
Speaker 3: Everybody's mind and ease the tension, damn now you got the number one pick two. I don't know, it just seems the odds, If the dods are that good, we need to go play the goddamn lotto.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Let me ask you this matrix, what was your reaction when you found that your team had traded Luca to the Lakers. Lakers, listen, I hang a lot to you. When we saw it, we thought it was a hoax. We thought everybody did. We thought it was a fake. It was some bullshit, be honest. But you ain't Yeah, like nah, I ain't, no way it happened. They don't even sound real.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I was getting text messages, I was getting it started hitting the Sports Center and it was like everything. I was like, ho ho, this was for real. I was like, yo, what happened? But man, listen, it's a business man. You know when you when you ever sit on the other side of the uh on all the side of the business side, not the sporting side, just on the on the on the massak side. I'm the owner. I've been the owner for sports now for seven years now.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I've been in that space. It's a different mindset. It's a business. At the end of the day. People don't really truly understand the dynamics of what owners doing.
Speaker 2: Don't do.
Speaker 1: All they see is what the fans do. I mean, what the what what the sport is on the I mean what things that go on the floor and what people get paid. There's a lot of moving parts behind the scene that go on to run these teams and organizations and stuff. So when it's so many moving parts on, I just say, look, man, it's it's a business. Man. It things happen, you know what I'm saying that that's that's what it is. At the end of the day, we can signed contracts. We was all athletes at one point, but we have no controller. Some of us happened control to say so at times predicated on the situations and who you are and what you did on that court. But at the end of the day, if somebody wants to trade you, they got direct to trade you, you know what, right, Like come on now, like I'm not I'm not saying all this, but they do have an owner.
Speaker 2: You sign a contract. That owner controls your rights and everything you do.
Speaker 1: But you you he paid your salary, dude, he could he writes in checks for you so you can go cash and little lights out that we do understand that it's a business and it's it's not a lot of things don't go to play as plannings you want.
Speaker 2: Sometimes Listen, I was traded what twice? Twice? You know?
Speaker 1: And but I knew I was going, I knew I had control over where I was going and dictated all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I knew exactly what was happening and how it happened.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But like saying to, I have some leeway.
Speaker 1: So at least if you are gonna get a certain a certain caliber player, you do have some say someone know what's going on, and uh, you know it is what it is, it's part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see you had you had some knowledge. Luca had no knowledge of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, this thing, this thing was had it had to be hush hushed because we didn't hear anything about it.
Speaker 2: Luca. Lookah yeah, I mean listen.
Speaker 1: And I think that's why I hurt him so much, because he I think he had all intents and purpose to spend his entire careerge Houston. And you think a guy that's been the excuse me, Dallas. I think when you make five consecutive of all the NBA teams, you just took a team to the finals, You're like, you know what, I'm here.
Speaker 2: I ain't going nowhere as long as I want to be here.
Speaker 1: And plus the fact we had never seen someone his age, this talented leave without requesting to leave. Kareem left because he wanted to leave. Lebron left because he wanted to leave. Shaq left. But we've never seen a guy this young, this accomplished leave and had no idea that it was going on, that they were going to move him. And I think that's what hurting the most. And people always have this idea. You know, people love spending other people's money. Man, it wasn't three hundred and forty five million dollars. It ain't your money, ain't nothing, but the order looking at it, like, hold on three forty five for Luca, I'm gonna probably have to.
Speaker 2: Break bread with Kyrie. Ad gonna want up some money.
Speaker 1: And so they're looking at the business aspect of it, and like you know, I know they were talking one time, but potentially moving it the Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I think the NBA want their own team in Las Vegas and possibly another team in Seattle, considering how much money is being paid for NBA franchises.
Speaker 2: But I think that's what I think. Oh Chore, let me ask you this. Do you think.
Speaker 1: The vitriol, the outrage that the fan base and Dallas showed towards NKO and the Dallas organization.
Speaker 2: You think it was warranted?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely, based on what Luca's been able to do on the court, what he's done for them, especially the previous year taking them to the NBA Finals, It's goddamn warranted. It's absolutely warranted for a generational talent like that. I'm not sure what the issue is. I understand they might have been some things off the court that might have rubbed management long term and wanted to invest that kind of money in him, But when it comes to what he does on the court and understanding what he meant to not just the fans of Dallas, but what he meant.
Speaker 4: To that organization, I just don't.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't see myself doing it if I'm in their position, I just don't.
Speaker 2: How do you make you you're the general manager?
Speaker 1: You know, Luca in line to get a five year, three hundred and forty five million dollar contract. Now, I don't know if you talk to anybody in the building, I don't know how much time do you live in Dallas? Where do you live? Phoenix is down, I'm in Dallas, I'm in both, Okay, So I don't know how how close you are the people in the building.
Speaker 2: Huh huh.
Speaker 3: You said, I'm in both, but every boy got money, So.
Speaker 1: Keep that said. I don't I don't, I don't know. I don't know how close you are the people in the building or what do you heard? You know, there are a lot of things about conditioning, and then you know, uh, he likes you know, he likes hookah and whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, he's still giving you those numbers.
Speaker 1: So you're the general manager in Dallas and Luca's on your team.
Speaker 2: How do you head of this situation? You trade me?
Speaker 1: You know what that's not It's not as easy as you say that. You asked me a question if I'm a gym. It's got so many other movie parts that go along with it.
Speaker 2: Though. So when you I was so I would I could say this, I was. You gave me the GM hat.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you the franchise player hat because I'm gonna give you something that comes along with being a franchise player. So you gotta so you're the franchise player on the court, but you also the franchise player, your face of everything in the community. And all this stuff off the court if you're doing it the right way and all the stuff. So I know what my my job and my duty was when I signed that contract, when I said, max player, when you sign that contract, there are certain obligations that you have to abide by and do. So I've done that. So I was in that space. Now do I feel like that was the same situation here?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you. I think a Luka was an amazing kid and everything. Me being a GM, I don't. I don't know if that's a GM call though, honestly, sometimes sometimes sometimes, you know, I think that's what I'm saying. Everybody think it's always this. I'm I'm and like I said, I've been on the owner, I'm on the older side. Now I've been the only spot. A lot of a lot of sisiness and everything. You know, this it's a trickle down effect, you know what I'm saying. It's like everybody say, here whispers and all this just came from this such and such. Man, listen, you're talking about a multi billion dollar business. Then worst this ain't coming from somebody. Somebody will opened their down mouth somewhere and said something it ain't a't supposed to say it or they get permission to say that.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, Man, Nico my guy. You know, I've been knowing.
Speaker 1: Nico for for twenty years, man, and that's my guy. And at the end of the day, Man, whether he did what I don't know, whether he did what happened happened.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't think nobody was gonna give him any love or any followers for I don't care who what he got. He could have got Michael Jordan back. I think everybody will still be mad, you know what I'm saying. So at the end of the day, man, listen, like I said, it's a business man.
Speaker 2: It's sad, but I get it. Man.
Speaker 1: I am a dollhard cubby fan man. So and and players get traded all the time. Man, Sometimes some of your favorite players get gone. Guess what I'm be mad. I'm gonna be mad he gone, But I'm still gonna be that fan. I'm gonna I'm still be a fan of that player who got traded, you know what I'm saying. And I'm still gonna be a fan of the clubs, so that when I think about it from a span standpoint, yeah, you gonna be in your films a little bit. I talked to some fans and I heard, I felt they paying. You know, I get it, you know what I'm saying. But they was like, you know, I'm still a dar heard master, and now I love to hear that, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When yeah, fans, that's that's the that's the true truth nature of true fans when they tell you that they love a team so much.
Speaker 2: Man, listen, we gonna we we we.
Speaker 1: Don't like it, we don't agree with it, but guess what, we're gonna still be here and right I would treat guys so hopefully it works out for the best and everybody on both sides. Man.
Speaker 2: And that's what it is, man, you know, it's it's it's everything.
Speaker 1: And everybody is so sensitive about everything now, so it is so it just escalated everything ten times to what it was.
Speaker 2: And I get it, you know what I'm saying. Looka was special.
Speaker 1: He was doing he was doing something amazing, and they had it. They went to the finals last year and then all of a sudden, he got traded. He got moved and nobody knew. Like you said, nobody couldn't know about it. You know what I'm saying, because it probably wouldn't have happened if it if it came out that they were trying, it would never happen. And this is what I know. Oh, Choll you know this, Yeah, majorre you know this. Ain't no general manager making no call on the three hundred and forty five US that's coming from ownership. He might, he might make a call to get a roll player or a mind have an exception.
Speaker 2: Three hundred and forty five million. He ain't making that call.
Speaker 1: That's when the top Hey listen, he ain't making that like, hey, we need we need a we need a backup point guard or the mid level excession exception or.
Speaker 2: What do that?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, go ahead of that, Nico. Ye, three hundred and forty five million. You about to get somebody? Say you about to get somebody seventy million of my dollars? Oh hell, hey, y'all, sery.
Speaker 2: Hell to the dollars? What you want to do? What? Hold on? Oh hold on, let me let me, let me let me think about that. Look here bad what they gain if Gona did that on the loan then got of that trade.
Speaker 1: What but but a lot of times you have to under you understand matrix when you're in that position.
Speaker 2: It's like, and oh told you when I talked about this. Well in the.
Speaker 1: Football aspect of it, Roger Goodell, he takes all the blowback for the owners. Rob ain't making no decision. That's them thirty two owners that pay his salary. You can't get a salary, it didn't think you can't. Thank you gonna call shots on your own. If you receive a salary, you gotta oh, you gotta take that from the bosses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same thing with Adam Adam Silver.
Speaker 1: Adam Silver worked for those thirty those thirty owners or those NBA teams. The same thing as Rob Manford. He works for those owners of those baseball teams. And so a lot of the blowback, Man, that's terrible. Roger Cadell boo boot o Joe Brother just at the draft and they're still booing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't I don't think people don't. Don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. Rogers said, y'all booing this sixty million. I got lifetime benefits and I get to fly private. So y'all don't keep on bing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't. I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 3: The don understand that Roger is there, represents the thirty two owners schools that are implemented and put in place.
Speaker 2: That's what owners.
Speaker 3: Roger just got to deal with the with the run of the booze moBack, he got to deal with all us.
Speaker 4: He ain't tripping though.
Speaker 2: Hey hey no, he said, we say get on that PJ right, Yeah, and Mayo.
Speaker 1: Arto recently claimed that Celtics match up better against the Knicks without Tatum in the lineup exclusively because of mindset. I believe a team is a reflection of his leader. Jason Tatum is the leader of Boston. They are incredibly talented team, but they're not tough team. This is what Kevin Durant had to say. He responded on Twitter. Excuse me on ed damn hot take. Artists have ruined the sport football guys, no disrespect, but y'all boys need to stand. Y'all laying y'all don't know what it's like to be between them. Give the man a break, Give it between these lines, man, give it a break. Dudes who quit football early to pursue media talking mental.
Speaker 2: Toughness, cut it out.
Speaker 4: M M hey, KD taking KT taking shots.
Speaker 1: But yeah, k KD gonna respond. I ain't got no problem. I got a problem with it. I ain't got no problem with it. I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I wish more players were like that. I wish more elite superstar players would like that and voice their opinion. That's why that's why I like Twitter. I like X because it gives everybody a voice. Now, it cuts it cuts the middle man out, players being able to have an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Nothing lost lost, nothing lost in translation. Okay, yeah, I got something for y'all. Okay, okay, you talk about I love people having voices, but this is my thing.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: You're a champion, right, yeah, so your mindset is gonna be totally different than somebody who wasn't the champions and not correct. So so that's that's what you got people talking about the game and and this and that. But how can you how can somebody really define the game?
Speaker 2: If you got if you never want anything, and.
Speaker 1: Tell somebody from you telling you talking from a losing perspective, you know you never wanted you was an individual?
Speaker 2: You I mean I'm not saying you was.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of guys that was great, players that were great, never won.
Speaker 2: You don't talk about it's all about me, Me, me, me, what about you? Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like, Okay, you was great individual, but you wasn't a great team player. You ain't excel your team to be to be a winner. You didn't win.
Speaker 2: Your team was losing.
Speaker 1: So so if I'm hearing you correctly, you can correct me if I'm wrong. You said, unless you've been a champion, how do you tell me what it takes to become a chance? I'm right, hm hmm. How are you gonna have a champion mindset? You've never been a champion?
Speaker 3: Well, I have another question, okay for people that in the media space right yes, I'm talking to Sean obviously, with with that, with that, with what he just said, how do you feel about people that talk about the game of basketball, the game of football, the game of hockey, and or or or punnits or analysts on it, or or get their opinion or views on it, but have never played the game?
Speaker 4: Can you take what they could? Can you take what they say serious if they've never done it?
Speaker 2: So So this is my thing.
Speaker 1: I think they they the media is great creating these narratives and hold on, they can listen. Everybody can have their opinion about the game. I'm not This is open it's open platform. Everybody can discuss it on every level from TV to social media to.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want to do, podcasts, whatever.
Speaker 1: But my thing is that so when you when you start dissecting and you really want to know the legists of what it really truly taste, go talk to somebody who's done it before.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna come.
Speaker 1: In your space and try to tell you how your job and tell you how your job if I've never done it, I've never been a reporter.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to sit here and slidly and saying link.
Speaker 1: But with that being said, I'm not gonna sit here and discredit people either, though there are some people that have are cleared. But what but the narratives that the media create. It becomes a part of our thought process, it becoming grainess these stories and everybody this this is the one thing I don't think Prez which people truly understand. If it's almost like if the media said they believe it bullshit and then now it becomes a thought process. Whether you agree with it or don't, it becomes a part of your thought process. And that's the first thing to come to your mind when you say something. And that's the one thing that pisses me off more than anything. So like, at the same time, I'm okay with people having an opinion, but let let me give you something else to think about it, think about from a different perspective, different side, or someone who actually did it.
Speaker 2: I walked this light, I walked this path.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna show you what from my experience of what I've been through, and I'm gonna I'm gonna pay this this This is the direction for you, and it's the deal for you. So when you sit here and you go through all these narratives, man, I just I just it just it just it hurts me sometime and pisces me off. I just sometimes I have to recuse myself from a lot of conversations because it's not it's falling on death fears because everybody's fucking stuck on stupid at times. You know, common sense ain't coming anymore, you know what I'm saying. So you know, it's so many levels to this shit. You know what I'm saying. It is I want to have well think I want to hand the baton. I want you to hand the baton off to me because I agree with a lot of what you saying. Guys that have covered this game, and I go in particular, I say, like a Tony Kornhizel or Michael Wilbond, guys that have covered the game. I think they understand the game, but their intricacies unless you've been in that huddle, unless you've been in that locker room in those intense moments, you couldn't possibly know. Now See, they might go by what somebody told them. I'm going by what I know. See, I was in the huddle on fourth down. I was in the huddle on third and six. I was in the locker room when we had lost five straight against Baltimore. So for you to say I think this is what, No, I'm not telling you what I think. I'm telling you what I know because I was there, and so why they can write it and they've covered the game and they do a great job. And I'm like, I don't discredit anybody that I've never said, well, you've didn't play the game, you don't know what you're talking about. I'm saying from a standpoint of being in the locker room, being on the field, being on the court, there are certain things that I can speak to that even in your thirty forty fifty years of covering the game right, can't give the fans what I can't having played the game far less than you've ever covered the game. Because I've been in the huddle, I've heard that call and I looked in guy's eyes, and I know who you know, guys that put it what they put in. And I know guys that bullgye because I'm there, I see them all the time. You get to spend open locker room, what thirty minutes five days? You get to spend thirty minutes on maybe Monday, Wednesday, Thursday. I don't think you get to come maybe a little bit on Friday. That's all you get. I get to see that guy from nine to five, five days a week, then on the road on Saturday and Sunday in the locker room.
Speaker 2: You coming in after the game.
Speaker 1: You don't get to talk to him before the game, so you don't know what he's thinking or you know, you haven't had a conversation with him before. And so that's why I don't discredit guys that, because there are some guys that do an excellent job and they've talked to some of the greats. But you see them talking to them. Yes, I'm right there with them. I'm right there in the locker room, I'm sitting right next to him, I'm right there in the huddle. And so I can I just think guys that have played the game now, everybody that played the game Matrix can't get on TV and talk about the game and explain it in a way, explaining in the way that maybe somebody in the media can talk about of course, but that doesn't mean just because you can articulate your thoughts more or better that you know the game better or understand the game better that hopefully that makes sense to know it? Does it?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 1: You know? Like Mike, my guy, you know, he's from a crib here. So like Mike is great. Mike has been on TV for what Yes, Mike's been doing it for fifty years, like it has been on there. Man, I love Mike, you know, And uh, but you said something that that's so dawned. I mean, like you you you're experiencing somebody basically being around somebody twenty four seven and the trenches with people, it's totally different feeling, you know.
Speaker 2: I used to say this when it was everybody was like how the team feeling. I'm like, man, you got to be in this. You have to be in the locker room the seat. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't express what be going through right now. Well, well, I feel I can't even say it in words. It's kind of it's kind of you gotta be able to feel it. You gotta see it. You gotta be sitting next to me, and you gotta be feeling that heat coming from my from my teammate next to me in the list on both sides, and we just like we ain't got ain't say nothing to him. I'm looking at it, my my, my guy. We about to go to war out here. And it's like it's a whole different mindset, you know. And I think, Uh, it's so many different levels to this cause I think it was it's so many great players that played this game in the NBA. It's a great for turning there man. And uh, and I take my hair to the OG's who paid the way for me. Man, I really do. I all them guys. They don't get enough credit. Man, they don't get enough fowers. Man, we don't talk about enough. And I'm I just it's just sad because every year feel like we losing we losing some icons in this game. And you know, and I'm forty seven now, I just had a birthday last week and I'm lisitting here.
Speaker 2: I just I just gotta take my house to these guys. Man. I want I think all the oldies that paid away from me.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm truly blessed to being the positions I'm man, I don't take none of this for granted. It's kind of like, you know, me trying to go sit into a newsroom and try to tell them how to create a story or write.
Speaker 2: A narrative or bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll watched the game, but I can't craft it like you could. And so, like I said, I don't discredit anybody because I don't think I can do see what, Oh, Joe, you know you and I have had this conversation. I don't feel that I can do your job better than you. I just feel I can do my job better than you can do your job. Now, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, But that's how I feel I don't think I could do my job do your job better than you. I just feel I could do my job better than you could do your You deduce from that whatever you want, right, but I'm not going to discredit you from your job that. Whatever the case may be, a cash here ain't nobody could be no casth y'all. Ben gave them people. They give me a dollar, I give them ten back. They're coming, hey all the numbers and hey, I ain't got.
Speaker 2: Time for that.
Speaker 1: I get fust spready, But I understand that people have a job to do. And I think it's it's easy to say because they won without Jason Tatum, they're not winning a championship without Jayson Tatum.
Speaker 2: You think that?
Speaker 1: What do you think the odds are, Oh, Joe, they win a championship, They're gonna win the NBA Championship without JT. I mean, so, if that's not the case, they're not better without it, because the odds are they are a better team. They do you think they would have won the championship last year without j T? Absolutely not, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: And as matter of fact, since you pose that question too, based on you know, and Kevin Durant going going back and forth this from just one game on what happens if they come back in this series and they get it done without Jason Tatum? What happens if they get to the Eastern Commerce obviously get to the Eastern Conferce finals without Jason Tatum?
Speaker 4: What happened if they do get a chip without Jason Tatum?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: What does that say?
Speaker 4: Not possible?
Speaker 3: No, even with the way Jaylen Brown played right, No in preaching, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Listen, I said that same thing, Hotel I saw. I was talking from my guys last night about that. I was like, I just said, what a hypothetical. You know, it ain't many teams in the NBA history ever came down came back from a three to one jeposit but just hypothetical hypotheticals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a hypothetical.
Speaker 1: Just where he's going with a hypothetical, say, for instance, they win tomorrow, Boston won, were they able to get able to get back home? Because at the end of the day, do you know the rope the uh you know, I mean, I luck the next I do.
Speaker 2: Jaylen Brush is a savage out there that closer.
Speaker 1: But but with that being said, though, the supporting cast only had one game in the series so far that they all up the score with twenty points one game. So like, you know, you don't know what the supporting cast gonna do. You know, Jayon Brust is they head a snake over there. And you know a lot of these teams are one injury away from not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Am I right? Okay? So, but Boston is one team that has listen. They they have they have enough to still do it.
Speaker 1: And I'm saying if everybody show up though, if in other words, Kate show, if I takes if I takeos reasoning and I listened to you with if so, if the Golden State Warriors had won that series, that means they're better without Steph Curry.
Speaker 4: No ship, that's different.
Speaker 1: Remove the best player off the team, just hold on.
Speaker 3: Just the supporting cast, uh in Golden State is not even close to what they have.
Speaker 1: And about Jimmy Butler, play out, Jimmy, you don't we play out Jimmy.
Speaker 2: He's taking too He's taking the team two teams to the.
Speaker 1: NBA five and he hadn't had I'm just saying, I'm just I'm just throwing about that. We just haven't health the conversation now since we're doing what ips Yeah, but no, but they're done now, so they're done. But but go look at the roster though, so go go go Boston starting goes go roster right now, top seven players there, so five's top five now because take them is out now, so.
Speaker 2: They're their their current roster right now.
Speaker 1: Look at their lineup, though, tell me what you think about their line compared to Air Boss line up. If they're doing what they're supposed to do without Jason Tatum, their their best six players aren't better than the mixed best six players.
Speaker 2: You don't think so? Hell know? With Bronson, Cat Bridges, Heart, who's the other guy? Oh G I love New York. I love them. And then you got and you got Mitchell, Robinson and McBride.
Speaker 1: So I take the If I take the Knicks seven best players minus Tatum, and so the Knicks seven best players, and you to give me the Celtics seven best players minus Tatum, I'll take the Knicks. Okay, I'm gonna see I mean, kp ain't showed up yet in this playoffs yet. He ain't gonna show up, so let's stop looking for him. He's seventy three of invisible. So see, I'm just a firm believer out of I this saw these guys have all. You got all, you got two, you got two guys, Well, you got three All star pedigree guys on Boston Celtics step that they're either a former All Star or not. You know what I'm saying. You only only current All Star on the team is Jaylen Brunton right now. But but Derek White could have easily been as what about what about Cat hold hold on? Cat Cat was also but they got too, That's what I'm saying. New York got two. Yeah, Boston, Boston, they got two current, But Boston has one current and two former Jue Holiday yes and uh for thinking so what that being said? But then uh uh, Deck White could have easily been one this year. I'm saying, yeah, that was our hold for the All Star too. They'll make it one time. He has been an All Star. Yeah, he's been All Star so the older but also as pedigry does play and have some leverage and god what hell uh uh uh Metrix Hell, I was a twelfth grader. Long time for him. I was a former twelfth grader. Oh Joe, it ain't over over. Yeah, over tis over. Remember this is all hypothetical, but anything is possible.
Speaker 2: It ain't over. We know that, so we do that a lot though we oh Joe, we do that a lot.
Speaker 1: We see a guy, uh and football go down with their better team without him.
Speaker 2: No they not, no, no, hell, they died right somebody.
Speaker 1: The fact they want to game one time where they want to game without Chase, well that means they're better team.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're talking.
Speaker 1: You talked about how Jason Tatum is about to make his fourth consecutive All NBA teams deserve you You mean to tell me a team is better without an all our first team All NBA selection?
Speaker 3: You know, you know it makes you question it though UNC and Sean, you look at the way they played without him in that one game. It makes it raises the question and the possibility of the MAXI being better without them because they need.
Speaker 1: What happens, oh yo, what happens when the original teacher is not when you get a substitute, Well, it's not the same, So now you do things differently. I believe the Nicks let the Knicks let their guard down. The Knigs like, well they ain't got j T. They ain't gonna be ready to play, and they underestimated them. I bet they don't make that same mistake. I bet they don't make that mistake in the MSG.
Speaker 2: We're gonna see well Hope not. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But you know, listen, man, when you when you are here, man, we can't One of the things I learned a long time ago. You know this, The one thing you can control is what your effort. You can't control, Yeah, the ball going to Hope not, so you listen. You can control you can only going in the hoop. So like, heymen, listen man, people feeling that pressure and listen that I know Garden's gonna be rocking them all. You know what I'm saying. Oh see, I kind of what I was in that. I ain't never been to a playoff game in uh in New York.
Speaker 2: I would love to be.
Speaker 1: There, but I got did uh did acho did not see the three games they lost with Jason Tatum, so you better without him.
Speaker 2: But you lost three games with it, but they were he had forty two. They up.
Speaker 1: We're not even witt Listen, they're not winning. They're not what they are without Jason Tables. He's one of the best players in the NBA by far easily. That's not a question. It's hard you could let's just say he's a top ten player. How's the team better without a top ten player? Okay, you go in the gate. See, and that faked the thing. Sometimes. What happened Matrix and Ojoe is that a team will win a game or two without their best player, and people starting to believe, well, hey, we can get rid of him if we can get something back.
Speaker 2: No you can. Ain't. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: No, no, we so long. Okay, now, no, I'm not gonna do with that. I'm gonna tell you something now. So like, put this way, if Jaylen so Jylen Brown was out and Jason Tatan was playing right now and they did the same thing, would you would you still saying the same thing. No, because I think they need both of them. Because when they when Kevin Durant became available, they offered Jalen Brown and Jerrick white Is some draft picks for Kevin Durant. They didn't offer Jason Tatum. Yeah, but I mean, listen, kat my guy, you know what I'm saying. But like I'm just saying because right now, Jylen Brown took over the role that Tatum does, did he not in his last Yes? So, so he became the main, main facilitator and did a great job at it. He never get it, so yes, so he was dudo. Okay, okay, hold on, did you see the way he's been playing this so look, So Tatum last year was dedicated to point guard, per se, That's what they said. Last year they let him meet the main ball handler. So when you watch them play, they go a lot of times they go tip for Tag, they go, they will come down and shoot.
Speaker 2: The Brown come down in the shoot at times. You know what I'm saying. Yes, that's all.
Speaker 1: But now you don't have to go tip for Tag. Now you got you got him designated that spot right now. Listen, I'm just telling you there, it ain't over tes overweight. I'm not saying they can listen. I listen.
Speaker 2: I would love to see New York's go do all the way I wanted to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to go see I actually seven, you know, I mean honestly, you know, hey, it's been some great basketball, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, but at the end of anything is possible. I don't put nothing. It's like I said, it's all hypothetical though.
Speaker 1: Remember we're just talking about but it's hard to come back from a three to one deficit though. But the first two games, though, honestly they could have easily won though they fucked them ships off.
Speaker 2: They did. They fucked them ships off.
Speaker 1: So we sit here and we keep acting like you know what I'm saying Boston is one of the things that Boston had and the recent was able to prevail last year that most people don't.
Speaker 2: They have seven three and D guys.
Speaker 1: They got one one down with the injury last game, they still got those six three and the guys.
Speaker 2: A lot of teams don't have three in D guys. They did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got everybody that's starting to switch everything now. Yeah, So that's what I'm saying though, So like it's it's it's not over, tis over, and you just don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe kath three is due for a big game tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The volume