Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data, take a look at.
Speaker 3: Some of the individual stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: We can do that with Bloomberg News, Ali Lipscholtzpilly what day looking at today? Yeah, I want to start with one of the worst performers in the S and P five hundred, that is none other than Micron Technology ticker MU. Really strong quarterly results when you look at the actual revenue growth that we've been able to see. Similar story though in video, where the questions are around the future, Micron in particular laying out plans to spend much more than analysts we're expecting. So now you're grappling with the debate that we've been kind of tracking for a number of weeks as it relates to memory jet makers, how much capacity demand, how much demand is going to outpace capacity? At what point does that kind of balance out? And what does that ultimately mean for some of these companies. So Micron right now down four and a half percent size and scope, which we're obsessed with. Here a Bloomberg Nothing special worst drop since you know last week. So nothing too crazy, all right, next stop five below.
Speaker 3: Do you guys, well you were talking to little Boo Boo.
Speaker 1: Do you guys go to five below?
Speaker 3: No, that's like a preteen kind of shop, right, the most part is a pre.
Speaker 1: Teen thing, yes, cyber Jersey saying yes, it also caters to well. I also like when like I grew up going to the ninety nine cents store, when things actually cost ninety nine cents or less. Now it's like ninety nine cents is kind of a.
Speaker 3: So five below the idea that it costs five dollars.
Speaker 1: Five rowers are below, but now it's like roughly five to twenty five anyway, factors a five.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's tough.
Speaker 1: Naming a company when inflation is going to end up impacting your business. Up right now, about nine percent traits under the ticker five five, highest level since August twenty twenty one. This has been quite the kind of renaissance, if you will. This is a company that really bottomed out this time last year with uncertainty around tariffs. Has been on an absolute tear, beating expectations, continuing to see comp sales beat what Wall Street was looking for are also analysts calling out that this is one of the many companies that could be benefiting from consumers downshifting their spending. So maybe trying to find the bargain bin opportunities, if you will, all right, one more keeping an eye on all things gold, will use numont to be the track medals are metals are trading off. It's been a fascinating move. We were talking about on our desk how much of this sell off looking at gold in particular right now, it's down ten percent in the last week and a half. How much of that is driven by fundamentals uncertainty or just the fact that we saw such a tremendous run up in the commodity space. So keeping an eye on using Numont as our lens to view that ticker a ne em down right now, about seven percent worse day since January tewod as gold goes, so go the miners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, for a while, people are blaming the decline on gold on those stronger dollars. The dollars week are today by a third of one percent, but gold continues to decline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean some people are saying, oh, well, now that inflation's tougher, and we're also looking at a war that's potentially going to lead a higher one prices and knock on effects. What does that mean for rate touts? And if you're gonna argue that gold should be appreciating an appreciating asset as rates come lower, how much of that is real? Humpuch to that is just time to reass us exactly.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.