Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast through last night, if you were listening to my show, you might have heard me talking about the topic of forgiveness. And I think I think I'm probably going to touch on that probably every night for the rest of this year. I think that's kind of going to be an overarching theme because it seems to me like there's a whole lot of anger and a whole lot of rage going on around us, and a lot of people are feeling like nothing is fair.
Speaker 2: Today. I probably had three.
Speaker 1: Phone conversations with people not on the air, just in my personal life where people said, that's not fair. It's so unfair. Guess what it is. It is unfair. There are so many unfair things, things that are not right, and what can you do about it. Well, if you can right the wrong, then do that. But a lot of times all we can do is forgive and move on, because if we stay stuck in that feeling of it's not fair, it's not fair, they owe me an apology. Guess what happens doesn't hurt them? Whoever wronged you. It doesn't hurt them, it hurts you.
Speaker 3: Hi, Donna, Hi, I want to know if you could play a song for my two beautiful daughters.
Speaker 2: What are their names, Brittany and Ashley? How old are they? Mom?
Speaker 3: Brittany is eleven and Ashley is five?
Speaker 2: And what do you want to tell them?
Speaker 3: I want to tell them that I love them very much and they will be home soon. Me and their dad are going to a big custody battle and they're with him, and they want to come home really bad. And I just want them to know that I love them with all my heart.
Speaker 4: Now, is there any way that you two can work through your problems and they can be a part of both your lives?
Speaker 2: Yes, we probably could for their sake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the more peace that you two can establish, whether or not you get along, you're going to have to figure out a way. Seems to me the best situation would be to put your differences aside and say, let's agree to disagree and agree that we don't get along, but for our children's sake, let's make this thing work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 3: And they just I miss him really bad. I've not seen him. They've been gone for about four months now.
Speaker 2: And does he live out of the area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 2: Do you not have visitation at all?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Not right now, just because we argue and he's got a girlfriend that we don't get along at all, and we fight and argue, and I know what's wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay? How bad does your heart hurt missing your kids?
Speaker 3: It hurts really bad?
Speaker 5: Because does it.
Speaker 4: Hurt bad enough to swallow your anger and swallow your pride and swallow the fact that you have probably been wronged and find a way to stop fighting with him and his girlfriend for your kid's sake.
Speaker 3: I need to do that.
Speaker 4: Do you know what forgiveness is, honey? Forgiveness is not a feeling. And forgiveness is not saying what you did is okay. Forgiveness is saying, God, I am going to stop expecting somebody to pay me a debt they rightfully owe me. Does he owe you a debt for wrongs that he did in your marriage?
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: And is the fact that he wronged you and hurt you and did things that were inappropriate in your marriage causing you to hang on to anger and bitterness and resentment, Well.
Speaker 3: It's hard it's hard to let go.
Speaker 4: But if you don't let go of that, and I'm not saying that you need to feel warm and fuzzy about this man, But if you don't let go of that anger and that hurt and that resentment and put it in God's hands and let him figure out justice in the situation, Donnie, you're going to lose more than your children. You're going to lose your serenity, and you're going to lose your peace, and you're going to lose your joy. I know that when you can get to a point where you say, you know what he wronged me. I'm hurt, I'm angry. What's happened is wrong. But I am not going to hold him accountable any longer. I'm going to let God deal with him. I'm going to put it in God's hands, and I am going to find a way to get along with this person and his girlfriend at any cost for my daughter's sake. You need to do that for your girls, but mostly you need to do that for you. Marcus High, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who is on your heart tonight?
Speaker 6: Well, actually it's a friend of mine and as I've been traveling back and forth. I keep listening to your show because it has to be the only thing on that's really interesting. They can't need to play any good stuff on the radio anymore except our show.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, I keep hearing all these stories of you know, heartache and things like that, and coming back from a friend tonight, I kind of realized the truth that I have never realized before and starting to make me wonder of everything that I write about is actually wrong. But as she is on my mind, I'm wondering, you know, maybe if there's any answer to love and all that, maybe the only thing we can do is take a step back and quit dreaming of the fantasy of it and really focus on the it, which is probably the most successful part of it, or what we really need in our lives. Of course, that might just seem like mindless philosophy too, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I think that so many people.
Speaker 7: My producer Janie and I were talking this morning about how when you're young, especially, you buy into this fantasy of what you think it is supposed to be, and you miss out on so many important and life changing and wonderful situations because you're expecting it to look like something else right.
Speaker 6: Well, And the thing is, you know, I always talk about the things that we're most afraid of are the things we don't understand, and maybe that is true, but I think the things that we're more afraid of is the actual success of it.
Speaker 2: Leona, what can I do for you?
Speaker 5: My biological father was what everybody calls a deadbeat dad. So my sister and I grew up without knowing our father, and for many years I was very, very bitter about it and very angry. I never really had a father figure, true father figure me and my grandparents helped to raise me, but that was about it. And we found out that he passed away and I really didn't care at the time. And then two years ago my sister decided that she wanted to try to find our family on that side, and she did, and for me, it was kind of like this door that I had dead bolted and everything had just been yanked wide open. And it's just been two years of being on emotional rollercoaster, and I've loved meeting my family, but I still didn't want anything to do with hearing about my father or anything like that until about four months ago, and I was striving to work and had passed an accident, and I started praying for the people in the accident, and all of a sudden, I just started crying, and I really felt like God was saying, it's time for you to stop running. You need to go and take care of this. And so I called my sister and we made a trip to take care of that, and I went two weeks ago and she had some of his ashes. He had been cremated, and so I took some of his ashes and went out onto the pier that they had had the ceremony on and made my peace with him. And it was I've never felt more free in my life. And I felt, all of a sudden, I just felt this immense love not only for him, but the love that he actually did half for us. He was really screwed up and for whatever reason, he couldn't make it work. But I forgave him that day. And it's just the last two weeks this has been really awesome. I've just felt so free, and there's just so many things that are coming together now that I took that step.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday. On eight, it's Delilah Love