Speaker 1: Elvis Duran in the Morning Show. Here's one of our world famous phone pranks. Answer the phone, Elvis Duran, the Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 2: It's all you scary, Hey, Jamie, good morning. You wanted to play a phone tap on your mom?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: What does your mom do for a living?
Speaker 3: She's a parking enforcement officer. She likes to think that she's tough. She's not. She's so little.
Speaker 4: And because she works in the same town that she lives in, sometimes people who get tickets from her track down your phone number.
Speaker 3: Yes, they get angry, actually, and they want the ticket taken care of.
Speaker 4: All right, you start the call and tell hers some crazy guy who she gave a ticket to somehow got your phone number at work.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool? Hello mom? Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: No? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Nothing? What's up? I have a problem? Okay, okay, what's your problem? Some guy keeps calling my job because you gave him a ticket. You're kidding. No, I'm not. He's on my phone now.
Speaker 5: But who is he? Do you know him?
Speaker 3: I don't know. He said it was Richard Weed.
Speaker 5: I have no idea who Richard Weed is.
Speaker 3: Do you know who this guy is? At all?
Speaker 5: I don't know who Richard Weed is. He says, I gave him a parking ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did he get your phone number? Someone must have told him.
Speaker 5: You got your cell phone number?
Speaker 3: No, Mom, he called my job, Richard Weed. Yeah, why couldn't you just gone to my house?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Conference him in. I'm going to be really pissed because I don't even know who the hell he is.
Speaker 3: All right, let me press the button, hold on.
Speaker 2: Hello, Jamie. Yeah, you have your mom on the phone.
Speaker 3: Yes I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who is this.
Speaker 2: Is this, missus Hickey?
Speaker 5: Yes it is.
Speaker 4: My name is Richard Weed, and I have a blue BMW that you had ticketed about three weeks ago. Yeah, and I just wanted to know if I can get that cleared up. You do work for parking enforcement.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah? But like what kind of ticket was this? I can't believe you would try to track me down over a ticket.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not listed in the phone book. I had no choice.
Speaker 5: No, No, you had a choice. You had a choice. Obviously. I gave you a ticket for a reason.
Speaker 2: I know, but I was calling to complain about that.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something. You do not call my daughter's job. I need you to hang up. I will report this to the police department.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on a second.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, that is harassment what you're doing.
Speaker 2: It's really not. I was very polite to your daughter actually, but you have.
Speaker 5: No My daughter didn't know who you were. My daughter's all upset right.
Speaker 2: Now, Jamie. Are you upset right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're calling my job.
Speaker 5: That's she had to call my husband to get me off the road to come here to find out that somebody's calling over a parking ticket.
Speaker 2: It's the principle behind it, you know.
Speaker 5: Well, then I think you know what you should do. Plead not guilty and see me.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But here's what Happensley, I.
Speaker 5: Really think that you should because I like to tell the judge that you're calling my daughter's work.
Speaker 2: Well, now you're gonna hold this against me, missus Hickey.
Speaker 5: Well you know what you made the mistake.
Speaker 2: Listen. It says that you will.
Speaker 5: Listen Jamie, what you hang up?
Speaker 3: I'm hanging up, missus Hickey.
Speaker 4: No, please don't, please know it. Hold on now listen here you're gonna hear me out. Okay, I put my money in the park and pay Listen.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something I don't do. The parking pay.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 5: You don't know why you got a ticket. But I don't do the park.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's ten dollars. It's only ten dollars.
Speaker 4: Can you just retract it and then we can have a nice day and we can all be on that merry little way.
Speaker 5: You know what, the way you did it and the way you went around it. I need you to hang up, and Jamie, I want you to hang up. No, I'm so furious. What are you get to You have.
Speaker 4: No right to be angry at me because you take your aggressions out on people like us because you're having a bad day.
Speaker 2: I get a parking ticket.
Speaker 5: You can't cool people harass them. You cannot. I know what you do.
Speaker 4: This is not harassment, missus Hickey, just because I'll tell you in just a second. Just hear me out. I'll tell you in just a minute. Okay, hold on a second. You guys go around tickets to innocent citizens like myself every single.
Speaker 5: To the judge say I want to plead non guilty, and the judge will see you. That's all you have to do with that ticket. You don't call my house, but.
Speaker 2: It would be easier coming from your mouth if.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't because you called my house. And it's not the right way to do it.
Speaker 2: It is it is to handle it is the way.
Speaker 5: I handle excuse me, No, it isn't the way you handle it.
Speaker 2: I handle these things this way.
Speaker 5: You do not call people's houses.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have a tough day, and I have to pay for your ticket.
Speaker 5: You have not a tough day any day. Love my job.
Speaker 2: You walk around discriminating.
Speaker 4: Look at the guy with the beam or I'm gonna ticket him because he could.
Speaker 2: Afford it, and you ticket there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so listen here, say my just talk to him. Okay, you just yell at him, get him.
Speaker 2: Off the phone.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she's gonna she's gonna kick my ass.
Speaker 5: Hello mom, Yeah, where are you on the phone. Yeah, police department.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: I am serious. I am so serious. Nobody can do something like that. He says, it's aggravated harassment. I just called the sergeant.
Speaker 4: Wait listen here, miss, I just want to know why we just can't settle this out.
Speaker 5: Of court because I am not the judge, and I don't write tickets. You just hand them all back, and you have no business calling my daughter's business. If that was the case, you could have saw me downtown. I'm not gonna explain it again, but I'll tell you somebody who can explain it to you. I'll give you his number.
Speaker 4: Well, I got a name and phone number for you. Could you write this down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: His name is Elvis, last name is Duran.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Phone number is one eight hundred two four to two zero one hundred.
Speaker 2: Holy, your daughter's playing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 5: That's really a thing to do.
Speaker 2: Say hi to your daughter.
Speaker 3: Oh my go, you're goundn't get it.
Speaker 2: This phontab was pre recorded. We've permission granted by all participants.
Speaker 1: Elvis Duran phone tab Holy on Elvis Duran in the morning show. Here in New Elvis Duran phone tap weekday mornings,