Speaker 1: Dream Sequence is a production of iHeart Podcasts, Blumhouse Television, and Realm.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of work to do and I've missed you. Sys come back to me.
Speaker 3: Are you serious right now?
Speaker 2: Is this a dream?
Speaker 3: No, this is not a fucking dream. I can't believe this is a first conversation I'm having with you in seven years.
Speaker 2: I know, I can't believe you called me.
Speaker 3: You called me? No, I didn't look at how going on your phone?
Speaker 2: Who called too? Is irrelevance?
Speaker 3: What do you want, Sadie?
Speaker 2: I'm just happy you answered, even if it was a sleep dial.
Speaker 3: I deleted your number and didn't recognize it. And a sleep dial is not a thing.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, And who would know the neuroscientist or the podcaster?
Speaker 3: Are you drunk right now?
Speaker 2: I've been thinking about you. I wish I would have called while I was awake. Maybe our conversation would be a little more touching than it is right now.
Speaker 3: What'd you think was gonna happen? You thought I was going to start crying and say I love.
Speaker 2: You, I want you back in my life.
Speaker 3: It's too late for that.
Speaker 2: I have a proposal for you, or a job offer, if you want to keep it professional. Come up here and document my project. All you need to do is record everything like you always do. One session, twenty four hours. Absolutely not after this, Craft will be mentioned alongside Newton and Einstein. No, I'll give you ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: What's your project?
Speaker 2: I can't tell you?
Speaker 3: Tell me, or I hang up.
Speaker 2: I need to show you I'm hanging up. You're not the only person I'm talking to about this.
Speaker 3: You didn't talk to Gwen Gibbs, did you.
Speaker 2: I want us to reconnect. If you don't want to do that. If you can't forgive me, well, I understand.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that shit. I can't believe I actually came here. I'm at Craft Sleep Center in Haven Mill. I think this is one of now twenty locations nationwide, but this one's not listed anywhere. It's like it doesn't exist. Ugly building, brutalist architecture, very sady. Okay, Morgan, I'm recording.
Speaker 4: I see wearing a shirt with the red dot that says I'm recording.
Speaker 3: Kind of gave it away, just trying to be ethical.
Speaker 4: Sadie says, you've been very successful with your podcast stuff. I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 3: By the metric of not living on the streets. I am indeed a major success. Can't believe you're still under my sister's boot. Yeah, well, I'm sorry that didn't come out how I meant it.
Speaker 4: You know I need her, she needs me. I can't wait for you to see the session tonight. You'll be the first outsider we've let in.
Speaker 3: This isn't bullshit, is it? You guys really did something that's an understatement? So where is she now?
Speaker 4: You know her? She's in her cave. She could see a mushroom cloud in the distance and keep working. Why don't I give you a tour? These are the sleep steady rooms.
Speaker 3: A young boys room, iron Man figures strown about, Batman themed bedsheets, It's Marvel or DC pick a side kid. I was expecting the rooms to look a little more sterile.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. For long term studies. We will literally ship someone's entire bedroom here. It reduces variables. It's especially helpful for children. See this one is different, a little more adult.
Speaker 3: Is this the hedge fund? Asshole? Sweet?
Speaker 4: We do need to have some wealthy patients to offset the costs of our more speculative endeavors and to pay for the children whose parents are financially strained.
Speaker 3: Sadie approved treating children pro bono. She said it would be good pr that makes more sense.
Speaker 4: I like working with the kids, though at present we're just a skeleton crew with one patient at a time. You should meet Diego. He's our computer programmer. What the hell was that you weren't supposed to hear?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: Was that a snuffl No.
Speaker 4: Forget you heard that. It'll make sense later, it will trust me.
Speaker 3: Uh okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Come on, let me show your room.
Speaker 3: I'm alone in my room now I can finally unwind. It was good to see Morgan again. She's been my sister's right hand woman since I was young. Don't have high hopes for the snuff film. Guy, I feel like I might be in some kind of Rosemary Baby scenario right now. I'm so damn tired. I'm going to take a nap.
Speaker 2: What's that? Oh?
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, I'm doctor Johannes on this. I'm the fourth horseman of dream Sequence.
Speaker 3: What's sequence?
Speaker 5: It's what you came here to see. Saty asked me to come get you. It's starting.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me get out of my pjah.
Speaker 5: There's no time come with me.
Speaker 3: This is also weird.
Speaker 5: And oh glorymos, excuse me, means you're sensing owls in the bog.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's owls in the bog. All right, Josie entry in room one. Calibrate Power, surg handle it, Morgan, it'll hold.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be pushed to the brink and then stabilized right at eighty five.
Speaker 6: It's at eighty five already and we haven't even started processing box Alon yet.
Speaker 4: Focus on your job, I'll focus on mine.
Speaker 3: I'm in an observation room for computer stations and sixteen monitors in total from the labels. Some monitors are brainwaves, neural code, brain imaging, and something called may NAT. I'm standing behind doctor Anders, Morgan Diego, and my sister Sadie, who somehow has not yet noticed I'm in the room. Even though I'm talking.
Speaker 7: Out loud, I know you're here.
Speaker 3: I'm resisting the urged to shut up after seven years. That's my greeting fitting staring out a big two way window, and on the other side there's a young woman sleeping on the bed. I assume this is Josie Power.
Speaker 1: Just hit eighty five, eighty seven, ninety five. We're gonna lose it.
Speaker 3: Relax ninety seven, ninety eight, ninety nine. I am watching, That's why.
Speaker 6: I'm yelling ninety eight, ninety four, ninety eighty five, eighty five eighty five f off, say.
Speaker 7: Fuck, Morgan, you're forty years old. Tessel transitioning from padawaves to delta.
Speaker 3: Josie's eyes move very quickly left and right, like she's watching a tennis match, playing on her eyelids. Morgan activated, What the hell am I listening to show me the cortex? My sister just pulled up the very conticuilt image of Josie's brain. Bright lights fire off.
Speaker 5: And on, noodles BPM one done, She's said of us.
Speaker 3: Should we wake her up?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not?
Speaker 2: Why are you doing this to me?
Speaker 3: Drink it? But it's gasoline. Rink it. No one, open your throat, swallow it. She doesn't moving out of delta. She's not moving out of delta. The may or not can't handle the rubber eighty nine eighty five. Turn it off now, I want to. We'll lose everything. Turn it off.
Speaker 2: We lost it.
Speaker 7: We'll get it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Josie just sprang up out of bed, scared out of her mind.
Speaker 7: Andrew Soeller fill out her dream journal.
Speaker 3: I thought again, what the fuck did I just.
Speaker 7: Witness dream sequence? That's what I've been working on for the last seven years. What was that You didn't figure it out? I think I need to hear you say it. That was live audio of a woman's nightmare. Holy fucking shit, stay document the project. Do this with me?
Speaker 3: Are you trying to get out of pain that ten thousand dollars? You promise me?
Speaker 7: I'm serious.
Speaker 3: Did you really reach out to Gwen Gibbs?
Speaker 7: I don't know who that is. I just let you think that because I know how motivating hatred can be. You're manipulating me, not with lies.
Speaker 3: This machine is approved in everything. You're allowed to be doing this. We passed the review board a year ago. Or not hurting people, There's nothing dangerous about what you're doing.
Speaker 7: They're just dreams.
Speaker 3: I'll stay on one condition. You have to be one hundred percent honest with me. If you lie to me, I'm gone. Okay, there was a sound in the nightmare and you all reacted to it like it wasn't something you wanted to hear. Why.
Speaker 7: It comes from a nightmare figure, and that figure is recurring.
Speaker 3: But that's typical of nightmares, isn't it?
Speaker 7: When I say it's recurring, I don't mean just in Josie. I mean in every single subject we've tested. The others came here one at a time and aren't aware of each other's existence. They've all encountered the same figure.
Speaker 3: So what does that mean?
Speaker 7: I think it means that something is alive in our nightmares, and when we hear it, it hears us.
Speaker 1: You're listening to dream Sequence, written and created by Andrew Martin Robinson, directed by Dave Beasley and John Brooks. Executive producers are Molly Barton, John Brooks, Dave Beasley and Marcy Wiseman for realm Alex Williams, Matt Frederick and Trevor Young for iHeart Podcasts, Chris Dicky and Noah Feinberg for Blumhouse Television, starring Jesse Case and Alice Kremelberg, with performances by Shalinie Bethina Einer, Gunn, Nick Osborne, Winifred Anne Kincannon, Tara Brown, Emily Barry, Linnelle Scott, Shannon McClung, Dave Huber, Hugo Armstrong, Cooper, Tomilson, Joel Haberley, Simaj Miller, Dean Simone and Brian Finney. Additional voice by Patrick Higney, Fred Greenhoalg John Brooks, Christina Telesca, and Kaylan West. Casting by Sunday Bowling, Kennedy CSA and Meg Mormon CSA. Producers for Realm are Fred Greenholge, Marcus Thorne, Begala, and Rhoda Bayessa. Associate producer Michael Colter, Production manager Devin Sheppard, Production coordinator Angela Yee. Dialogue editing by Corey Barton. Sound designed by Rory O'Shea and Dan Powell. Final mix by Kaylan West. Original score composed by Marcus Thorne Bagala, Songs for Josie by Kaylan West. Recorded at Real Voice, Los Angeles and Citybox, New York City. This podcast was recorded under a SAG after collective bargaining agreement. Dream Sequence is a production of iHeart Podcasts, Blumhouse Television.
Speaker 3: And Realm.
Speaker 1: Find more great podcasts by visiting the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite show.