Speaker 1: Welcome to Will You Accept This Rose? A production of iHeartRadio. Oh my god, you guys at all we've been on a jersey. We're all cooking. We're all cooking. Everybody needs to boil and grabbing.
Speaker 2: A pop exosten to your work, Young Rocket, episode of Weeks Up This Rose.
Speaker 1: My name is artibrand coming to you from my bougie apartment in New York City, which has a lot of garbage in it. Behind me. It's like at the wallpaper, let's look up, don't look down.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go hord.
Speaker 1: It looks like these are pretty and you can hear by the laughter when I see a lot of garbage, it is actually a lot of garbage. With us today, I'm going to start. We have an international star joining us. He has done two live shows were brought on. I'm gonna say his his frat like his brother, who's the one that's like the one like his sponsor that like sponsored him for this fraternity. It's his the his tour into the bachelor. Williamshippis Rose franchise. Ladies and gentlemen, you know him from the William Cxippis Rose Live show at San Francisco's sketch Fest. You know him as I'm a wingman for Jack Keyes who did quite well at the Bellhouse. Ladies and Gentlemen. He's a brilliant comedian. You can see him all over Canada. He's from Montreal, and he's coming from Montreal. Ladies and Gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Mike, I.
Speaker 1: So happy, and I know you hate the pizza preneur. That's how we got to know you.
Speaker 3: That's right. The first thing we talked about when we met was, Hey, Arden, I'm gonna be on your podcast in a couple of days. But also, I hate the pizza guy. Can we talk about that?
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm gonna give you the floor on the forum with us as a man who introduced us. He introduced us to Mike, and I gotta say, it's been such an asset and I wish you lived closer and we could have you in person more often too. We love this man. We love his dedication. I feel like he made some wild card picks during I feel like one of the one home last night, and I'm here to talk about that. He is the host of He's a brilliant stand up, a comedian, he's an actor, he's a podcast host, you know him from Douglove's movies. You know him from the wide world of Doug, but you mostly know him as the captain of the earlier except his rose horny cruise ship hoping for a ship. Ladies and gentlemen, Doug Doug Benson.
Speaker 5: Hi there, and hello to all the ships at sea?
Speaker 1: Did you did you were? Didn't you like number one?
Speaker 3: Pick?
Speaker 1: Get cut? Last night?
Speaker 5: Wait? Who was my number? Who do you think is my number one?
Speaker 1: Didn't you go off roading and pick some odd guy to be like that's the guy? Or like that's the next bachelor? Wasn't there?
Speaker 4: I might have to look at her.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think I said Xavier would be the number one?
Speaker 1: Okay, who's who's not? He's not pulling ahead as early as I thought he would, But was he good at dodgebomb? Also with us, Katie Levine is stuck in traffic. I don't know if she's gonna pop in, but I do know that there's a woman who's gonna go join our tennis cult leader in Sweden Suent, So we're gonna lose her next week. She's a woman with whom I traveled the world. She is my sister from another mister the wind beneath my wings. Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Hannah Montana, Rosanna, Rosanna Dana, Arianna, Tana Minton's Yahene Josne. Welcome to the program, Doctor Banana.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Always a joy to be here.
Speaker 1: Can I just start out for a little funny story of what just happened? And we have to bleep out the name, but I'll tell you guys. Okay, So I just went out. I've never really been to the Hamptons and I got an invite to go my friend Kate Walsh from a private practice in Gray's Anatomy. I've known her since I was nineteen years old in Chicago. She was like, Hey, I'm renting a house. Do you want to come stay with me? Like, yeah, So I've never been out there. The Hamptons is wild. It's like looks like a small town. It kind of looks like Little Compton, except for instead of a one Pizza, there's actually like a Gucci and a Louis Vutan. It's like we didn't really leave our house that much, like we want bike riding and stuff we didn't like. I think there was like the White Party like Jlo was out there, like we didn't see any of that, but we went to this really like this really beautiful house and that was gorgeous that like somebody knew somebody there and they were so welcoming and it was sort of when you hear about the Hamptons, it's how you pickedure the Hamptons. But we found out later and you have to cut this out. There is a there's a movie star that was staying with them who apparently when he heard we were coming, ran out and then came in the back basement and hid in the basement the entire time because he didn't want to talk acting with us.
Speaker 3: As it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to tell you who it is. You have to cut it out. Apparently apparently was staying in their basement.
Speaker 3: Wow, is that who you want to talk acting with?
Speaker 1: Tell me all about your process and the Brandon and hid underground until he let on like a beautiful summer day, Like he hid underground until we left because he didn't want to talk to us. Isn't that great? What I don't sit around, I don't want to talk about talk acting. What are you talking about? Like like I'm not gonna hey, like talk acting was like it was just so there was also like forty people there, as if we were gonna go over corner him at Like I just love that he was staying there and hit underground until we left. Is that not the best?
Speaker 4: Wait? So the hosts like immediately told.
Speaker 1: You, No, we didn't find out till after about the person. We didn't know he was underground, Like so the people that I didn't know, you know, it was like the friend of the friends, like Kate and I laughed and the person who was like the common thread. The host confessed to them that like split out to beep all of this, isn't they ran out of the back door and then snug back. Is that the greatest?
Speaker 4: What an absolute nutball?
Speaker 3: I love close to where I thought this was going. I genuinely thought the way you was setting up it was like he left so he could come back around and make an entrance.
Speaker 1: You know, literally like as if we were in a corner. I don't think I've ever talked acting with anyone, you know what I mean, Like I'll talk about like fart jobs or like the Bachelor, or like you know, love is blind, Like I don't want to be like tell me about your craft, Like, are you fucking kidding anyway? Doug, I thought you'd like that. I know you love movies. But every time you see him, you can now know that he went subterranean rather than have a meal with us. And there was like thirty eight other people to bump. It wasn't like a meal of four people. There was like thirty long giant tables with like tacos. And he left just in case.
Speaker 5: He has to answer the question how do you act? How does acting work? I can tell you you make it look easy? Dude, So glad that was such a.
Speaker 1: Such a good It was so wild. That was just the best. I thought you guys would love that.
Speaker 5: I have that expression on my face too. If Cameron Diaz just kissed me for no reason, that's not acting. Just keep giving people clues, Kny.
Speaker 1: You have to beep all the proper names, or make like a heart sound like? What like a heart sound?
Speaker 3: What a heart sound like? Douglas?
Speaker 5: Movie?
Speaker 3: Is this.
Speaker 1: Okay? So here we are. I'm just gonna throw this song and I'm gonna let you guys take the floor. I gotta tell you I thought Charney would be nice. I was. I thought she was a nice person. I think she's so adorable. I'm really enjoying her season. I think she's just cute as a button and really fun to watch. Mike, I see you nodding your head, do you?
Speaker 3: I do agree. I was afraid she would be boring, but again she's she's a lot more playful because obviously you're the lead, you get to be way more playful. You don't have like this condensed amount of time. It's more relaxed in that regard. So like, she's definitely come out of her show in a bigger way, and I think that she's doing a great job so far. The only thing is I definitely think that she is not an amazing judge of character as well. Yeah, I mean, look, we'll get to like four instances in this episode where just like Charity, how how are you? How are you?
Speaker 1: I don't I know there was an even like face to face when like the Chico's earrings influencers that okay, just.
Speaker 3: For one of them. It's crazy, it's too weird.
Speaker 1: I love the amount of earrings changed he had, like the amount of like wardrobe, the truck of earrings, and then the sounds of like what my mom wore in the eighties. They're like almost like Ann Taylor's loft statement earring.
Speaker 5: I picture like a little box that he opens up and there's there's levels too, there's you know, yeah they think that slide out that maximum number of which tackle box today? What mood do I do today? You know, he's got some weird system this year.
Speaker 1: Fact that even Jesse Palmer forty four hosts had like a zinger at his expense that wasn't terrible. I like he actually came in with an okay for Jesse, Like it wasn't the worst thing that Jesse could have done. That it was just what the worst part and we'll get to this, but to me, the worst part is like he thinks he's so outrageous, like I know, I look like a nineteen seventies Rocks. It's like, no, you look like a bro from San Diego who heard that Harry Styles gets girls by being a little fluid and you fucking rated your mom's earrings box and you look like an idiot, Like like just it seems it just feels so fake.
Speaker 5: It feels still he looks like the seeded uh sub like it hot. When Tony Curtis is dressed up as a woman and he takes all of it off, but he forgets the earrings.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just don't buy it.
Speaker 5: I don't buy he remembers and heggs him off, you know, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's exactly, it's it. It's again. I actually like that men like are playing with I like that as a little bit. I don't buy it with this guy. So here we are.
Speaker 3: We don't need absolutely not.
Speaker 5: We don't need the Phantom of the Opera chandelier hanging from the sides of his head, you know, like way to one second to drop? Is that gonna be before intermission?
Speaker 1: By the way, I am loving it as I am loving it as a side. We haven't had this plot before.
Speaker 4: It's like a.
Speaker 1: Fun that the guy that stocks is also wearing enormous huge They're not even cool, they're just like players. They're from players, Like okay, doctor Banana. Before we get going any overall thoughts, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, yeah, I I Brayden the way he sees himself of like, I am so qirky cool. You're like, okay, First of all, throwing a scarf on like lazily like is not twisting.
Speaker 5: He's like massive scarf, a massive scars Is he going to the met gallon or scarf hereay? Dramatic and like what is it? Like what and he's like the rest of him's dressed like it's like it's a nice warm evening T shirt scarf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's absolute nonsense.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like I've been around those scarf guys before and they're always fuck boys and they always think are like like they spell like a week abroad but basically just like going to Abitha and like partying, you know. But then they're like they there's it makes I think they think it makes them seem artsy and like they've act like they might buy a Carra caroact book but not read it. Like the whole thing is like I don't buy it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. They relate to the villains in John Hughes movies.
Speaker 1: Yees.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're like I want to be like John, like u Ja James.
Speaker 1: Vater, he's fully Spader. He's Fader with a Chico's ear ring and ships the fan of the oppera chandelier and then like, you know, his scarf. Okay, so here we are Clark the fake classes.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: By the way, again, I like the guys are like like last you know, we get like Nate was adorable and Nate had all the accessories and that felt real, Like I like all that. He looked great. I like the earring, I like the scars, Like that's actually feels like who he is. This guy was like, look at how far Nate got. If I get a bigger ear ring and a bigger scarf, like he just feels like a bad bro like Aaron from San Diego who hit like it clears at the mall. Okay, so here we are. She's so cute, she's so excited. They go to the manson the first person we see and every time I see him, I'm enjoying him popping up and I'm sorry that Katie's stuck in traffic. I'm enjoying Caleb the cowboy wrestler.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's fun. He's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, he seems nice.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: Are you enjoying her?
Speaker 5: I's this funny that the only thing that Chris had was being able to do a backflip. And then there's Caleb like.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I've seen you.
Speaker 5: And backflip. You're just a fucking back flipper.
Speaker 3: Now who wants to get picked up?
Speaker 1: Doug, we haven't had you on since we did draft picks. I was so excited when he was like, you've made me flip.
Speaker 5: It was everything right the limo. If he could have figured out a way to flip out of the limo, he would have done it. But he got to flip in as soon as fucking possible.
Speaker 1: I was, You're a genius. Okay. So then.
Speaker 3: I want to say I love her her green leather jacket. I think it's so important, such.
Speaker 5: A great color, popping colors.
Speaker 1: They're dressing her well, They're dressing her well because I remember, like Katie, they dressed like a realtor. Some some gals are dressed really well.
Speaker 3: Uh Michelle the dresser really nicely.
Speaker 1: Tasa obviously, yes, this, but I got to tell you, I feel like they're really doing her right. She's so cute.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh this jacket is everything.
Speaker 1: Statement hearing the glasses and the giant scarf, and they find out that a one on one is on the table and he is like that better roomate, Like he just like if he just shut the fuck up. I know he doesn't realize that, Like if you get the first impression rose like historically on the Bachelor, like forty percent of the time you win, so if you just shut the fuck up. But he would rather be the villain good of Paradise. He doesn't want to win.
Speaker 3: Oh, he does not want it. I will say it's the one thing that I agree with Braydon on in this entire thing, because it comes up later, but him being like I should have been the one on one. Hey, you know what, I do believe that the first impression Rose should be the first one on one. It makes sense because then we don't have an Abigail situation where Matt James t Abigail that first impression Rose.
Speaker 1: Don't we never saw her again? We never saw her.
Speaker 3: I hated that.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that, Doug, Abigail? She was deaf and she was so cute and she got the first impression Rose and then like we never saw her again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean. I think the first impression rope should have a little bit more, you know, gravitas to it. I give him the first, the one on one.
Speaker 1: I think that's a really good call. I think Abbiail might still be with that guy she was dating from Paris. No way, Doctor Banana, would you mind looking to see if they're still dating. I think they I think, well you might know.
Speaker 4: I think they did get back together.
Speaker 3: They got back together. It looks like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they are a couple. They're cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're they're like real, uh all the time and stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Aaron B got the one on one and I can't tell. I can't tell. I feel like they had a nice date. He was very sweet with her. I did not like his double sided coin. I can't tell if he's full of shit or not because he's very cute. Ye says a lot of the right things. I don't know. I need a little more time on this one, doctor Banana. Do you buy it?
Speaker 6: I do, even though like I he doesn't seem like that shady to me. But when he is like, let me flip a coin, I literally yelled at my TV that's a double sided coin.
Speaker 4: And then he goes, yeah, I have a reveal it's a double sided coin.
Speaker 1: It's like no, yah, yeah, always you've picked heads, every time, You've picked heads every time.
Speaker 5: Of course, she had to act like like like watching a child do a magic trick or something. She had to first of all, be be like excited that it landed on the direct side, like, oh boy, that means we are going to be together forever. She gets I think she's way too nice to everybody, but I do like, I do like her.
Speaker 3: But is the villain of Pretty and Pink. Aaron's the villain from the Batman. The two Face has a double sided coin that's like.
Speaker 5: You know, like and it'd be funny how to see how accidentally spent it somewhere.
Speaker 3: He just goes to fat a meter. You know, he'd lose his coin, but he gained personal growth, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like, do you want to have a super legendary date? They go out. It's a red Mustang. So she's like, no music or old school music. So then we learn and this is very specific thing. Both of their parents have been in the military, and every Saturday morning they would get up and clean and they put on old school music and and she's like, last time at the mansion, he made me feel like I was the only girl in the room. Well, I guess I was the only.
Speaker 3: Girl in the room. I love that. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really cute about her. You Marriery, She's so cute but like and she's obviously like a gorgeous woman. But some of the women are like that are the bachelorette you've like, you feel like this really is her Cinderella time, whereas some of them, you know, wherever they got, like Tasha or like Jojo, like like you could see how even though Charney's a total babe, she might have some friend that's a little flashy or that maybe she wasn't like maybe she wasn't like the most obvious one of like the maybe she wasn't a homecoming queen even though she was at Star Okay, And I so I like she's the one even of the season, even of like last season that she was the one that they picked, they could have picked, you know, like an aerial Like I like that she's she seems like so lovely and kind and warm and that like she really is enjoying to be like the only girl on the round.
Speaker 3: I'm ready very easy exactly exactly. It's very very easy to root for her. Yeah, it's something that we've been missing for sometime, at least personally, like when they did the dual Bachelorettesel Gabby, that's what everybody says. Yet they keep bringing rachel every time they bring back Gabby. Look, we're gonna get into it, of course, of course, but I'm just saying, like we need to, we need to want the person to find love.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't care about Zach. I haven't cared about Zach. I didn't care for Gabby and Rachel. I like Gabby, but not enough for the dual bachelorette. Clayton could just Clayton stop it, you know what I mean? Like, Yeah, I agree, I'm happy. I like the I like that.
Speaker 1: I know I didn't care about Katie. Katie, I did not care.
Speaker 6: What is Charity's accent? I can't regionally play like. I know she's from Columbus, Georgia, but I feel mid Atlantic.
Speaker 1: It feels like Delaware or like Maryland. Like do you know, it feels like very Delaware.
Speaker 4: Figure it out.
Speaker 3: I'm like, but then I have something to do with the military upbringing thing. That amazing that.
Speaker 5: Where was she in her most formative times?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 5: What teens? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like middle school? Middle school?
Speaker 5: Do you talk like everybody that you're in school with, right.
Speaker 1: Junior high to teens? Okay, So then so they're going they're up in the hills. It's a windy road. They get to the Hollywood Sign and they give them champagne. I'm like, she's driving, but okay.
Speaker 3: Te non alcoholic champagne.
Speaker 1: They pot the drive. They give everybody champagne. And it's the hundredth anniversary. Now, for those of you who don't live in l A, you're not allowed to walk in front of the Hollywood Sign.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 1: This was a very big deal that they were in front of the letters there. You're not allowed to get that close.
Speaker 3: Mike Disney, money baby, that'll get you there, that's for sure. That's what's happening. It's it's, yeah, the only way that will happen.
Speaker 5: I bet you're Disney and the other studios as it is, they're already paying for the upkeep of that thing, because you know that sign always iconic, always looks good. When it's some breaks or falls off, they fix it, and uh yeah, very iconic. But also yeah, you have to like kind of hike down to it in a way that like the way they were dressed and the way they were acting. Like the one time that I actually like climbed up and stood inside the oh was it was like it was a sweaty adventure and that no point, it's anybody encouraging you to do it, you know, was that why.
Speaker 3: You were dodging bullets because they were coming for you? What's happening?
Speaker 5: You know, It's just you got to hike down to it and then you got to hike back up, you know when you're done at it like it's a it's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Did you have to like scale of fence? How did you get there?
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't offense at least not what I do. This is a long time ago. Like of the first things I did when I moved to La was like, let's go fuck around the Hollywood Sign and so I like have pictures of it and stuff. I remember while we were climbing to you know, climbing down to it, I was like, oh, this is not like you just go, you know, park on Maulholland and just jumped down to it. It was like it was it was something people probably don't do that much. So yes, to the Ardens point, it was a big deal that they were just hanging around with the letters and it's nuts. It's gonna confuse people. I think it is. Tours're gonna think that that's something you can do.
Speaker 1: They have a huge date. Their date was enormous, Yes, the driving the Hollywood sign and then so then I did like.
Speaker 3: That, he said, this feels familiar because I played grand theft auto. I thought I didn't know, I was like.
Speaker 1: And then so they both their parents had a long marriage and they want that long love a genuine spark. I mean, it is nice when you find somebody that you're with that also had a long marriage, just like a lot of people come from don't don't don't take the divorce kids out, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, it feels like it's like again, it's nice, but sometimes it's like, oh, like that you have, like, well, it's not only a kid's fault if your parents get divorced, you know. Like, but she like that he had that too, and.
Speaker 3: She's a lot of pressure to put on a first date too, like that, that's what the show is, and they just accepted this ridiculous reality. But it is a lot of pressure to be like, my parents have been married for forty eight years. Say that number out loud to me. Again, Yes, we gotta beat them.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then so it's they they've got the lucky coin. She's like, heads is everlasting love? Well, he put that fucking coin out again, and then she had to do this double sided, she had to act shocked. And then they go to an what theater did they go to? They went downtown to an old Hollywood Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the Los Angeles Theater or it's the Palace in the Palace gorgeous, very nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're not nice theaters down there that are just sit empty a lot of the time.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous, And so.
Speaker 3: We find out dined in the lobby and then is that where they were.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, theaters has an incredible I mean a lot of them do have incredible lobbies, likes and chandeliers.
Speaker 1: So the family is very important to him. His little brother, just like her brother, knows everything. He hasn't been lucky in the past. Now when we learned about this lucky, Well, you were the one that made your own bad luck, sir. You know have been lucky. You're the person that she would be talking about to her friends. You're her ex. But you're phrasing it in a way where you're the one who did the deed. Just say he was in a four year relationship. He was he played football, not lucky. He wasn't the best boyfriend's with active listening.
Speaker 6: Okay, I listen once and then he went to therapy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly active therapy actively.
Speaker 4: He said, active listening.
Speaker 6: I literally was like, oh I active listen to you talk about active listening on this day?
Speaker 1: Can you lie? Or how to make fart jokes with me? And watch Love is Blind? Ne were like fucking Love Island UK twenty sixteen, because like, look, I mean I I do want somebody who listens, because sometimes guys don't listen a lot of the times they don't, but don't say the phrase actively. I'm like, not, whoa, it's good. I love a guy in therapy and I do like that he goes to therapy and I think it's very important. But like I think the first it's just about fun. But they don't have much time. They don't have time.
Speaker 4: Without saying it, sorry, go ahead, thank you.
Speaker 3: Was like, I do therapy, you know. He's like mm hmmm. Points. It just felt like he was leaning in, like of course, and this is you're welcome, You're well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Whitney texted me he freezed it was I went, wait, how did he phreeze it? He said, I checked into therapy.
Speaker 5: I browsed and like, I like walked in and looked around.
Speaker 1: I checked out therapy. I checked it out. Not for me, but I checked it out.
Speaker 5: I checked into it like I you know, I did my own research. I did a few therapy sessions with myself and decided it wasn't for me. I used the mirror. I did the mirror exercise where I worked it out not for me.
Speaker 1: So then but he did, Hey, he did throw his party. He had his partner flirted with other guys. And she was like, I like that. This is true. A lot of men don't go to therapy, and so it's nice that, you know, it's nice that he felt open to say that. And then he asked she said, Zach allowed her to grow. And then he's in a good phrase. You are a ton of green flags. That's a good line. That's a good line.
Speaker 3: It's sweet.
Speaker 5: It is, but it doesn't it but it you know, but it's written, you know, it's not doesn't it doesn't come from the heart. Yeah, it's just a clever. This is a clever you know. Yeah, it's still you know, still bringing up flags like so once you're in the person bringing up flags.
Speaker 1: So that he said you are an incredible woman. You are someone I want on my corner. Everything about today has been phenomenal. And then she walked and she's like, oh my godness, Laura, I love Lauren. Now we have listeners tweet to us that they actually knew who this was, which is unlike any other band that Temesculate Drive. What was it, Kila Road?
Speaker 4: Yeah, our favorite.
Speaker 1: They're a hit.
Speaker 4: Now, what's her name? Our favorite? Oh, they're ahead, Yes, that's our main one.
Speaker 1: That Laura. By the way, last year, Jesse Palmer's cousin sang a song that's right, You'll be back Robert Robert Palmer. Then they slow danced and kiss. It was really cute, and then she got the rose and then she was choked up and she said, I believe that my guy is here after tonight. It feels attainable. I just I just find her so lovable. I really, she's completely won me over. I haven't liked to lead this much in a long time. I think, yeah, I love my Gabby, but I needed a solo flight of Gabby.
Speaker 3: I agree, absolutely totally wanted a solo flight of Gabby.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Douglas, did you feel like Aaron's gonna win.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean, it feels fine, but it doesn't. It feels like to bring it to go back to that point earlier about the first solo date should be you know, yes, it's like, well, first impression rose that person, you know, one could argue is kind of safe in a way. So if they also get the first date, then then they just get you know, this massive amount of you know, safety throw in their way. And then giving it to the you know who they give that first day to always causes some sort of conflict because of course there's always some idiot sitting there is like why isn't it me saying that out about nineteen other people? They're always hurt more somehow than it wasn't them over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: They just put them in a room together and they say shit like that. So I think that's why they do it. But I also think the first date is extra long because it does kind of set like generally it sets like a front runner. But it also.
Speaker 3: You know, uh, Doug producing this season, Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: Doug, As you're saying that, I think it also primes the pump for the for the lead to go, Oh my god, this is gonna work, Like, yeah, yeah, it's gonna work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the date is so long, it has it's so elaborate, and it's so poised to be like falling in love during it. Yeah, when it goes badly, that person's bag is packed and that's an exciting ending to.
Speaker 1: The first time. Remember when we had when Rachel set home the car racer he was so cute, who was so cute?
Speaker 5: Like just not feeling it. Let's move on, let's there's no reason to belabor.
Speaker 1: This anything else about Aaron, And then we'll take a quick break. Anna, do you think he's gonna win?
Speaker 4: No, I don't. I think he'll go far.
Speaker 6: We might get a hometowns out of him, but winner I don't see, probably because if he does that coin trick like eight more times, Oh my.
Speaker 4: Personality at this point, it's so bad.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a quick break. I'm gonna get another cold Zva and then we'll be right.
Speaker 4: Back bone zone.
Speaker 3: Let's get in the bone zone.
Speaker 1: Guys, and we're back all right. Me. While back at the ranch, as they were having all of their dates, uh, there was some people were as always happens, the guys cannot handle it. The guys get upset a group day things and it says suns out, buns out. We also found out that Adrian has a one year old child, and he starts to get uptight because the guys are doing backflips from the hot tub into the pool. It's like, well, what the fuck they're stuck? They're locked out, like who can Yeah, when he's supposed to sit and be serious, like who can?
Speaker 6: Well, Famously, when you're trying to fall in love, you're not really supposed to experience a joy.
Speaker 1: Like you can make some friends and like hang out of a good time. What a fucking loser.
Speaker 3: I'm well, the other guy with him is equally a loser. In the first episode, it was like real women don't pay attention to pickup lines on real woman said your ass home, dude, get out of here.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, who is that?
Speaker 3: Who is the firefighter?
Speaker 1: Oh? My god? Who looks like he's like fifty five?
Speaker 3: He does not He says words you can't say out loud a lot. He looks like he says them without any problem.
Speaker 1: Doug, how old do you think the firefighter is?
Speaker 5: He's put out millions of fires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, he's alive.
Speaker 4: For five he was on the Titanic.
Speaker 3: Actually famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's put.
Speaker 3: Out millions of fires, you know.
Speaker 5: But here's the weird thing they don't say about him in his bio is he started most of it.
Speaker 4: I'm a firefighter because I have to be, because I'm I'm.
Speaker 5: The first one on the scene.
Speaker 1: I'm the first one.
Speaker 3: I'm a sick dude. I'm so good at it.
Speaker 5: It sounds like this is like Dexter, but with firefighters. Wasn't there fires but it's them out?
Speaker 1: Also, wasn't that the one with Billy Baldwin?
Speaker 5: Uh, Backdraft? Yeah, I don't know that was It was some sort of mystery going on about who was starting all the fires, But I don't remember that the twist.
Speaker 1: I think it was a firefighter. Okay, So then we have so then we have the group date some doubt buns out and they go to the beach and they and uh, there's giant sand castles and they're like sort of playing. And then up walk to Jesse, who just always looks out of place. Uh, and he's like, okay, fellas, it's time for Uh you're gonna here's dodgeball. You're gonna put your speedo on but you have to wear a sport cup. They made sure to point out that we knew that we're not gonna be able to look at their decks.
Speaker 3: A moment of silence for Katie Levine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Katie Levine did that.
Speaker 3: And fuck it, that's right, everybody. I'm a listener.
Speaker 1: I know the lore Katie Levine, like, you would still kind of see you while I was like, cut skilling over.
Speaker 5: Like so embarrassing. That'd be so embarrassing to get hit in the nuts with a dodge ball though on television. Yeah, so I do understand like they are kind of looking out for them with those those things.
Speaker 6: Well they also the razors, Oh yeah, Manscape really quickly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't. They called out Joseph, who was so pissed it Claire's.
Speaker 4: Iconic because his daughter might be watching.
Speaker 1: It was so funny, and they're like and they're like and they're like, you can't believe we're doing it again because Joseph has a daughter at home. I mean that actually was like fun They did a good job. By the way. I was on a local Fox entertainment show with Liz Habibe. Oh really, is she a national Sports cast tour. Did you guys? I knew she was because I was on that so Hollywood with her, I was like, well with lisadn, why can't you get on? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not a sports guy, so I had no idea who she is.
Speaker 1: So then Xavier, finally our guys, starts to shine. Doug, He's like, little do people know? I went to camp every summer and I was the king of dodgeball. I'm also seven feet tall. I'm gonna kill you. And I found that he had a nice disposition and I thought I thought he was chill and like he was really good at it. He was killing it, and I enjoyed the Xavier Caleb b had a surprise contender, John that we found out played basketball pro basketball for a year. I thought it was a fun game, a fun five round. And then Adrian was the one that ended up getting the MVP the losing team, what did you guys?
Speaker 7: Team?
Speaker 1: He got to join the winning team in the after party. The winning team got to go have an evening with our lead and the losers had to go home. But uh, Adrian, who's the dad and the realtor? He he won? Yes, Doug.
Speaker 5: My question is, uh, you know, because you're more historians than I am of the franchise, how often does that break down like that where.
Speaker 1: They where they send the losing team home where.
Speaker 5: They're where there they pick an m VP from the bat never never never, okay, because if he has to, always throw somebody in from the losing team, because then that pisses off everybody. Because I love to think they're all m vps because they won.
Speaker 1: I love them to because they but I like they did. They picked the shister that they gave me to, the guy that's been pissed. They sent him just to go st the pot, and I loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they picked the guy who like casually talks to cops on the day to day. It's like he's the guy that like sees a cop outside a comedian store and goes, so, what what's going on? You guys do it?
Speaker 1: It's just like, because you have a one year old daughter at home, everyone's supposed to stop having fun. Why are you on the Bachelor? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, your problem.
Speaker 1: Your baby is one? Why are you in the man You're supposed to make us think you're so awesome that you have a kid, but they're one, and you are like telling everybody else to not have any fun when they're just sitting around doing nothing, Like, what's the problem.
Speaker 3: He's such a he's such a loser right now.
Speaker 1: He's such it makes me actually be I can't believe I'm on breed inside and that like and the.
Speaker 3: Idiot Charity's not seeing it though.
Speaker 5: Who thinks it? A bunch of guys, they all just met each other and have nothing in common other than being a bunch of d it's on a TV show. You give them a pool, of course they're all gonna start doing stupid like pool ship. Like there's there's no gym, there's no pool ship.
Speaker 1: There's no gym, there's no music, there's no internet, there's no TV, there's no books, stuff that they care like. So you give him alcohol and a pool. There's not really a yard. What are they supposed to do?
Speaker 5: If they could? They could already do backflips. If you could do backflips, why would you ever keep that from the pool. You're at a pool, perfect.
Speaker 3: It would be so funny if we saw so many guys backflip into the pool and then just cut to like a slow one of Chris's two Flips, like with the Sarah McLaughlin, I will remember you could that guy's life must be crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: So then so then they go to that. Every year they use this prop house as that they go to the prop house for their date. What is that is that like on a studio lot, Doug, What do you think that is? You think that's on Librea? And it's some like one of those weird like furniture stores where you could also buy props, you can rent it. I'm like, I'm like Librea, like just south of Beverly. Do you know that.
Speaker 5: I could give you the I could give you the address, But it sure feels like they just went to a prop rental place and protect every year. That's it's kind of a thing people should do.
Speaker 3: On a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every year they do it. So they go to the prop house and and uh, okay, wait a minute. So then Brayden is very upset that Adrian is there. That's why they brought him. That's why they invented MVP. They did like an early two on one, and so then of course he goes and tattles. He goes by the way, the person that becomes the haddled to the lead.
Speaker 3: Oh never works out it.
Speaker 1: Works and then he's like, look, it's just being like I'm just saying it's like a spring break thing. So the braiding goes and he pulls her aside and he's like, it's like a giddy little kid. I want to know it all. I'm crushing on you. I'm attracted to you. It's like we're kind of like Avatar and we connect our braids and I see you. Mike.
Speaker 3: I hated every bit of that. I hated it so much. I couldn't imagine you're like hitting it off with somebody and the first thing they tell you, like the second time they meet you, is like, I'm connecting to you, like the nave have sex. Hey, do you want to get married at the end of this? Or what my braid's crazy for you? You know, like what is what does he think is happening? Like this guy's gotten no sense himself or foresight, Like he's gotten nothing, no awareness.
Speaker 5: Let's touch our ear rings together, we'll read each other's minds, and I think we're both gonna have the same goals to night marriage ninety days.
Speaker 1: So then we find out that John played pro basketball for year and then they kissed and it's so cute. And then she said, I like that he took the lead in initiating the kiss and she liked it. And I think she's at least gonna he might be top four.
Speaker 3: I agree, he's so cute. I agree. I think he's got something about him.
Speaker 1: Doug, do you think he's going to be tough four?
Speaker 5: Where does he live?
Speaker 3: I don't know, New York.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, because he's like I think he is New York.
Speaker 1: What does he do now that he didn't play basketball anymore?
Speaker 3: Let's see?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can he just up and move to Georgia.
Speaker 6: Let's see, he's a data scientist. Data scientists in New York.
Speaker 5: Oh, well, that's where the numbers are. You can't go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where the numbers are. You can't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: That's where they numbers.
Speaker 3: That's where the numbers are. I swear to God, all dates and dates at Douglas movies dot com. Baby, make sure you catch where you're going this live.
Speaker 1: So then, so then Braden Biden is sitting back and talking to people and he's like, it's just hard for me because I got the first impression Rose. So he's Christina Mandreu. He's back on Rose's I'm Christina Mandrell, but my name is Brandon.
Speaker 3: And we liked Christina Mandrell and she was an icon for saying I'm confused. I loved her all right.
Speaker 1: Wait, I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Is going to be on the beach.
Speaker 3: I hope the beach.
Speaker 1: I hope. So Jesus my kind of mom with her, like kid influencer and the kid yoga. She's got like a tiny mini me influencer, like doing like TikTok ships. Okay. So then she's like, He's like, I don't want your first impression, Rose, I want more time.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He's like, hey, so Charity. So my sort of trauma in life is that I got the first impression Rose. I know I haven't been able to live up to that experience.
Speaker 1: You know, he's such a fucking tool. So then Brandon picking a fight like such a dick. He's just I love this, Adrian. Look, I'm going to pick you for MVP. I'm going to pick Caleb. I'm not trying to throw a shade. Uh, I mean just all of that, Like, why say that? Why say that?
Speaker 3: Well, because he's a dunce. First and foremost. But here's the thing, trying to.
Speaker 1: Become the villain. He doesn't want to when he wants to be the villain.
Speaker 3: That's it for sure. And meanwhile, Charity outlined her criteria for picking the MVP, and let me tell you something, Adrian beats up Caleb based on that criteria. She was looking for great sportsmanship and somebody to surprise her. You know what, I wasn't surprised by Caleb being good at physical activity dodgeball.
Speaker 1: Arrest for being good at dodgeball is the kind of thing that's exactly what exactly.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the real estate guy who seems like a bit of a bummer and a stick in the mud shows up and takes out three guys at once and looks pretty good without his shirt on and like a tank. Okay, that's surprising.
Speaker 1: I was also surprised by the realtor, by the reilt and John. I was surprised by John and the realtor. I was not surprised by the six foot nine Eggxavier or fucking the wrestler. The cowboy was believably good at dodgeball.
Speaker 4: Like it's not fair that he's playing.
Speaker 3: Like they balanced the teams like that though. I bet, I bet they did make that conscious decision to happen.
Speaker 1: He was born to blade Beach Dodgeball, that cowboy with the hair and even like his shape of his body, Like that guy.
Speaker 3: Is absolutely go to you away though, and then you're right, you're absolutely corre.
Speaker 5: He looked like Ben Stiller and Dodgeball.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, White good Man.
Speaker 5: And he already said on the show that like when he's wrestling, he's like, he tends to play the heel, like he's the bad guy. So yeah, he's ready to, you know, to be all sorts of trouble on the show.
Speaker 1: He's ready, but he's playing it nice so far.
Speaker 5: He seems friends that's who he really is.
Speaker 3: He made it. He's like, I play a gamest type.
Speaker 1: And then so then Adrian goes, Braden is here for spring break. I have a daughter. I have a daughter. This is not the time. I'm not going to have a vacation. You made your choice. This is spring break. So then he tells her that and it works. She gets all cheery. She's like, I was absolutely thrown. I was so thrown by that spring break comments.
Speaker 4: Which is crazy because they're literally playing dodgeball on the beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Break. The whole show is like, yeah, they're all leaving their jobs to go fucking hang out and play games and compete and go on dates.
Speaker 3: He just did this show. She knows what it is. Days by the campfire talking about parts and stuff.
Speaker 1: She has to slap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the tortilla lap. They had some fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah hard, didn't I with the tortilla and nailed you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it knocked knocked him half.
Speaker 1: My brother and these and doctor Shambers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is.
Speaker 5: Just wild though that the words like spring break were so like weaponized so quickly, like anyone was acting like they're on spring break somehow. That's crazy, like not ready for love?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, what's crazier spring break?
Speaker 1: Ord?
Speaker 3: I left my one year old daughter for three months to come meet a stranger I might have a chance at dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're absolutely right. I'm twenty far, I'm in tennis pro. I I'm here for fun. I left my one year old daughter and my real estate career for the one Jesus absolutely Okay. So then so then she's upset. She's saying, I'm worried people aren't here for the right reasons, and she then but she gave John the rose, which I was happy.
Speaker 3: Which I loved.
Speaker 1: I loved Yeah, and then you know he's like, I do see a lot of playing back at the house, just a lot of playing. And I was like, okay, well that's fucking stupid, but.
Speaker 3: All right, And he wants a guy that's going to be playful too. She doesn't want like the fucking loser.
Speaker 5: I will say one thing. One thing I will say is that while he was having this conversation, he was still physical with her. And a lot of times the rats make the mistake of not being forgetting the romance and just being a rat, you know, just talking about other people. He still kept it kind of cozy. He was kind of holding her while they were discussing this. You know, it's a smart move, but he's still fucking himself by even bringing any of this ship up. He could just sit back and let it play out.
Speaker 1: If you're the data, if you're a dad of a six month old and you're hoping to go on in six months and be the rat, hold the hand while you do it.
Speaker 6: Honestly, like Braydon, automatically, his energy is a guy who's about to shoot.
Speaker 4: Himself in the foot. So like, I don't even think you need to be involved, like the guy, he's going to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One her brother called him out and she was still like, yeah, I'm about it though, Yeah, which is crazy, Which is crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm about it though.
Speaker 5: It's like he doesn't even understand. He doesn't understand that Charity is a fun bachelorette, so she's going to want to be with a fun person. So sitting there going those guys just want to have fun, She's like, you point me in that direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: You're boring about your stup big one year old and how people should grow up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I want to take on someone else's one year old that I met for four hours, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to jump in right before the terrible twos. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Not not to do that, but okay, So yesterday I recorded my podcast about the Bachelor of my co host christ Mahia, and he went on Adrian's Instagram page and was like, this man's daughter isn't going to be talking to him in many years. Like she's not, She's gonna cut This guy is not a good person.
Speaker 1: Why what's he doing?
Speaker 3: He's just got very controlling tendencies. He's got like he's all like one of his posts was something silly like he's just like standing on a wall, like sipping a drink, and the captions are like, you got to keep your head down and just make your money. And anybody who's doing anything else but that, well, that's not somebody I respected my book or whatever some shit like that, and it was just crazy.
Speaker 1: You're such a drag.
Speaker 3: It's just but like I said, he's got here's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wants to be a cop as your podcast, Mike, so people can listen.
Speaker 3: It's we didn't get a rose. We didn't get a rose with me and chrismahere. I'm in Montreal, he's in Seattle, Washington. But somehow we make it happen.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 6: We're gonna just say you guys should follow the Twitter because you guys have some really funny tweets.
Speaker 3: That's all Chris. He's so fun Laro. It's not fair, it's all Chris.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a quick break and we'll be back with another group day. I need a sexual time out. And we're back and we're downtown. And as Mike pointed out, they brought back Cabby, but they also brought back Rachel, And at first I was like, who is that? Like I forgot, I was like, who is that woman? And I'm like, oh right. Somebody tweeted at us laughed that they were surprised that she didn't complain that none of the men were looking at her on the tea.
Speaker 3: For the week, because that's perfect.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you Rachel. Rachel seems more enthusiastic about participating in these sort of things. I think she like, you know what I mean, Like it always was like when the two of them would show up, Gabby would always be the one with more energy and see more into it, and on this one, Rachel seemed really into it.
Speaker 1: Well, Gabby doesn't need it as much. Gabby got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's actually obligated, whereas Rachel's like, still my shot. You know, I think Rachel always came off as somebody who didn't want to pursue the button limelight. She smells the money went away, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: So she's still a pilot, so you think, like, that's so pretty cool. Rachel has all the makings of someone who could.
Speaker 1: I forgot she was a pilot. Okay. So then so here we are. They're back and and they decided we're going to break the record of the longest kiss in Bachelor Nation history ever.
Speaker 3: And the guys walked up.
Speaker 1: I was worried she had to kiss each of them. And then I was like, that's real, Covidy, and then the guys nobody ran to grab her. They all walked up too slowly, and and she kept saying, run, run, run, like nobody ran. You have to run on a group date and be the first one.
Speaker 3: I'll say this the second I saw the stage and they started leading up to it. I have it right here. I wrote it before they said it. Please don't tell me we're breaking another record on my on my list here I called my shot better not be another record? No, why why? Yeah, that's on my my notes.
Speaker 1: Well remember when remember when Evan and Carly did the record with the kiss and the drool. The drool so fucking disgusting, there's like burning their mouths.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was What about What about Ivan and Tasha in the cold water like the ice bath they had kiss? Oh yeah, which makes this even more frustrating because their kiss was over five minutes long, and yet they're over here being like Sean Low has the longest kiss in three minutes.
Speaker 1: They love him. Such a boner for Shano because he's like, he's Christian.
Speaker 5: It is yeah, marriage and.
Speaker 1: He's still married. He's the only bachelor that married the woman he picked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, right, and they have eighty four kids.
Speaker 5: It's a kids wow.
Speaker 3: He bring the card out their only success story. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then Joey wishes he kissed her night one. He really went at it, kissing his hand. I expected his hand kiss. He nailed his answer about his best kiss ever. He I fucked her from the stage.
Speaker 3: Yea the entire time.
Speaker 1: Jon's on my list of going far. And Joey's adorable, and uh, she was so horney kissing him that she didn't hear them say time that she went through it by like a minute and a half. She was sincerely horny for it, and I liked that.
Speaker 3: I agree. How could you not be? He is?
Speaker 1: He's like dreamy, adorable, he's a guy.
Speaker 3: But also you can't The thing is I tend I forget this, but I have it in my notes. You can't forget that he's also a tennis coach in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: You can't try that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves Joey everybody loves Joey. He's Johnny Castle and Dirty Dan saying, and baby's going to get her.
Speaker 3: There we go, There we go. That's exactly it.
Speaker 5: Yes, she doesn't, that's not the life. Like he needs to figure out what he's really going to do for his career, which probably at this point he's thinking, you know, influencer or something, you know, because I think he's going to get you know, he's going to get a following just for what he's doing. So I mean, so far, I don't. I can't he's going to He hasn't done anything wrong other than like, you know, would she really want to just move to Hawaii and be with somebody who's at least you know, you look at the at the face of it, it doesn't seem like a very intellectually interesting occupation. Yeah, like to talk about when he comes home at the end of the day, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Us no bachelor podcast, as.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have anything to talk about at the end of the day. She's got like NDA's there's something like patient doctor confidentiality or whatever because you're the therapist. So neither of them could talk about work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just eat their linguining in silence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of slooping sounds.
Speaker 1: So then so then they find out afterwards that he gets a one on one because he won the Kissing Dave. So the guys go back to the house and they tell and the Chad that is in a scarf, jeweler rings show the adorned Chod is sitting there and he is pissed and he's a guy. Just feel like they were disrespectful. You know what, I'm gonna go pack my bags. I'm going to pack up my ears, to pack up my earrings. I'm gonna get also like it's like problematic DreamCatcher, you know, like like he's like wearing like it's like, dude, dude, you're what do you wear? What are you picking? Like, like just keep it simple, keep a pearl, Like what is the what are you wearing? So then Joey goes and they changed. She changed a cute little white dress with like a like they had a really cute after date, and he said the phrase, I just wanted to build more on our convo that we had the first sage convo. Doug, have you ever said convo?
Speaker 5: I'm sure I have, but you know it's for fun. You're not saying it like in a real sentence that you know, in a real conversation where you're trying to get with somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're not, Like, let's build on this convo.
Speaker 5: So I was.
Speaker 1: But I loved this twist. I loved the twist. I love it wasn't in general I'm divorced, like this was like or like my parents. This was such a nice twist. So this was great. It made me love Joey. Joey's going to get so many girls. It's such a lovable story. So normally the trauma bond is my parents are divorced, and it really fucked me up. Ah, we find out family is really important to me. I know that your parents have been together a long time. I am a child of divorce my parents. Okay, yeah shocking. So then and it defined me and I'm like, ah, fuck, we're gonna have another one of these. But he's like I did. I felt love from both sides, and it's because why they were breaking up. My dad came out as gay when I was in kindergarten, and there's still a strong love for each other. They were great parents to us and love is love is so important, and my dad is my favorite person that I can call and just talk to about things. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved his parents. I was like, it was such a surprise, like I thought it was going to be. And again, I'm not trying to belittle. I'm sure it's actually brutal to have your parents get divorced. I'm not trying to minimize that. But we have seen the early trauma bond of people like doing date one, and it was such a lovely, like something we haven't seen before. Joey is gonna really going to thrive, Doug.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Charity bought the whole story and then the entire thing was a lot. I'm kidding, but you know, I just that's my problem. I mean, yeah, he seems all right, but just in general, you know, it feels to me like Charity like is is too charitable. Yeah, when conversing with these guys, I wish he had a little bit more spunk, a little bit more pushback. Yeah, you know, because because he's using lines on her constantly and her approach. Like I said earlier, it is just sort of like acting like you're watching like your your nephew do a magic trick, you know where you're like, oh, yeah, good job, you know, and you're like, yeah, I wasn't so great. But what I what am I going to say?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: And uh, you know, whit magic?
Speaker 1: Did she quit magic?
Speaker 8: And also just how she just got here the hypnosis on her where she started saying back spring break, like uh, you know, I don't want people coming here for spring break.
Speaker 5: It's like that this has just been made up. This isn't happen by.
Speaker 1: A wheelchor I'm the father of a newborn doctor. What did you think of Joey?
Speaker 6: I mean, I thought it was so progressive of the Bachelorette series to allow Joey to say the word my dad or the word the phrase my dad came out because they're so Christian. It was like shocked that they allowed this man to acknowledge that he had a gay father. I loved it, you know, instead of just like sort of talking around it. So I thought that was great. But then I hear saying I think Joey will go far. I don't think he'll win.
Speaker 4: I think he might be too young for what she's looking clean up.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, he will clean get all the crabs. He will get all the crabs everywhere. Oh my god. And if she gets to have it, somebody gets a tennesse d with him, a tennis lesson from Joey Paradise. Forget it.
Speaker 3: What do we find out? He's just really bad at tennis.
Speaker 6: He's just like an attractive guy who's been convinced that he's good at everything his whole.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, all of his clients. All of his clients are ladies.
Speaker 1: You know, find an election. I love I actually love Sean. When he went back to the mansion, Sean says, you've made out with Charity longer than I've spoken to her.
Speaker 3: That was true.
Speaker 1: I like a little Sean. They won't win, but I liked him.
Speaker 3: No, thank you. And then then.
Speaker 1: Jesse comes over. He's like good news, bad news, fellows, there's no cocktail parties in that. But the good news is we're having a baby. Q get out your speedos and guess who went and did that? Caleb. Before we get to the party, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Who.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you, but I think it's a getting so hot in here. I think I got to take a pay break and we're back. We did have a really great thing that got brought up over the over the break and I'm gonna let Mike do myke take the take the range and what we forgot to talk about.
Speaker 3: Huge fan of Spencer's uh, but we didn't get his story in the longest kiss date. But we did get him saying giving us his his feelings on the whole deal and saying, I don't want to watch my best friend's kiss. Now it was wild called friends.
Speaker 5: No, I think he meant that he doesn't even want to watch his best friend's kiss for four minutes? Why would you want to watch? Right? But he's dating kiss for formanut.
Speaker 3: But in my way, Spencer thinks that they're his best friend. I thought that.
Speaker 4: Charity and Joey some of his best friends.
Speaker 1: When he first said it. I actually thought that too. I actually thought, yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want to watch my best friend's kiss like that.
Speaker 6: Also got to his energy, makes you think potentially these people might be his best friends.
Speaker 1: It was so great. I want to I wasn't done with them yet. I was number.
Speaker 3: I was during the break. I was talking about how last week when he told Charity about his kid, he said is it weird that I fear so much to tell you that? And that phrase has been stuck in my head since last week. I don't know why, but that phrase, it's just so oddly poetic and clunky.
Speaker 1: It's just it's weird that I fear so much to tell you that we love It.
Speaker 3: Feels like a foreign person speaking English for the first time.
Speaker 1: He's too pure, He's too pure for the world of the bat. He's too pure for.
Speaker 6: The Bartendise translate, and that's what it comes out with, and you're like, hmm, a little off, but okay.
Speaker 3: I live in Montreal. You got French guys trying to speak English a lot here. That's probably what one of them would say, you know what I mean? Time, Is it weird that I fear so much to tell you that it's wild? Isn't that beautiful? It's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: It is really beautiful. Kay, Yeah, it is. It's beautiful. Okay. So then so then they have this speedo. Caleb comes out in the speedo. Doton's coming out hot Dotton.
Speaker 3: Doton, Dotton, Dotton, Dotton.
Speaker 1: He's adorable, ye, he loving dotton. He pulled her aside. What an elegant gentleman. He pulls out his card that he keeps with him everywhere. It's his resident card. He got it when he came to the country about when he was four years old, and he said that little kid means everything to me, and then he went in for a kiss, and I was here for it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Dotton, I love Dott is just as tall as Xavier. Wait what I mean he looks really well. Xavier's like six seven.
Speaker 3: I thought Dotton was like six ' nine and six ten.
Speaker 1: They're huge. These guys are fucking Hu's just joke because Joe was saying, how tall Joe when he kissed her Joey, who was a lot taller than her, Like, these guys are fucking.
Speaker 3: Huge, huge, totally totally id lot.
Speaker 1: When I was nineteen and I went to Chicago and I did improv, the home team was like and this won't mean anything, like it was like Adam McKay, Matt Besser, and Neil Flynn. They were all like six yeah or like six five. They were cute, Ali Faranaki and like, this's just fucking huge. Everyone was the biggest people I have ever seen in my life. And I get a feeling that this house is just like the I bet the short guys are like six two.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's the maybe Charity really has like told them she likes tall guys because they don't even have conversations about being too tall with her.
Speaker 1: Now show you the high not even pointed out because there's so many of them, except by Joey, who's probably like five ten or something, you know, like and he's like, oh my god, I'm so sure, like he seems he seemed taller than her by quite a bit, you know, like like he seems like a tall guy. But he was like, whoa, these guys are huge, and they are Yeah, they're huge. Well, we've met a bunch of them and they're fucking huge. But I think this is the biggest batch yet, like.
Speaker 5: All the guys, the.
Speaker 1: Biggest batch of batches. An when we went to outside Lands, Alex was huge, like like ben Z was huge. They were huge. Dean was big, like they were big. Wells is tall. They're tall.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 1: Okay. So then Cara puts on eight inches. Braydon had his giant feather ear rings on for the barbecue, and then he started talking about them like a fucking idiot. And he had He goes, I know, I look like a rock star in my purple velvet shirt and I've got my I've got my big feather ear eggs. But I'm a raw seventies rock star who packed his bags before the BBQ. And then he said he said to her face, and she wasn't like, go fuck yourself. Said this, I would be like, go fuck yourself. He said the phrase I was thrown for loop about yesterday. He had a lot of doubt about your character. That to me, bye bye, Felicia, like get the fuck out of here. I don't. I was sort of for a loop. I had a lot of doubt about your character, the fact that you doubt my entire character because I did a thing on the Bachelorette. I felt bad for those guys. I was ready to run away. And she said I appreciated his honesty and being vulnerable. Wild Am I wrong when he said I doubted your full character. That's a really red flaggy to me.
Speaker 5: I just didn't hit her for some reason, like she just didn't pick up on it, like maybe the producers forgot to follow up on. Hey, you know, he said, but think about.
Speaker 1: Like how like her ex like fucked Rover again and again, Like the blind spot feels real, Like that's really like if you start out and somebody's talking to you like that, like I doubt your character, Like that's like, ooh.
Speaker 3: So he's Look Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't turn him into a human cannonball. Like it's just insane to me that the guy is still standing.
Speaker 1: She didn't hear it. It wasn't until later when somebody said a different version of it, like she didn't hear I literally think she didn't even like register. How rude that.
Speaker 3: She must not have because like, how do you even stay on the same couch as that person?
Speaker 1: Anna, what did you think.
Speaker 5: She might have had something like you know, been distracted by some you know, she might have just not heard the word character, might have flown by like something.
Speaker 1: But I think she just has such a crush on him that she was nervous. Maybe she was hating conflict, and then like I wanted to make it nice because she likes him, like I've.
Speaker 5: Made it like I thought, you know, he made it like he was kind of saying he was wrong and just you know, he's like kind of making it like I thought this way incorrectly, but it's still weird that he would ever even you euld bring up her character in this situation.
Speaker 1: What did you think when he said it felt a little Yosef. It felt a little like I have a daughter.
Speaker 4: He's edging towards Yosef so quickly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he uh, he said that she didn't notice like the way he's like. He laughed it off so quickly and then like sort of hid his actual intentions of how he was feeling about the situation, because I think in the moment he like panicked and was like, wait, I'm gonna like confront her about this because he was so like, she doesn't say the right thing. I'm out of here with all my earrings. Yeah, And instead he was just like, yeah, this is so funny. I felt very disrespected, but you know, I.
Speaker 4: Love when you make out with other guys.
Speaker 6: Like his energy flipped so quickly. I was like, yeah, I'll talk, get out of here.
Speaker 1: So then right after him, Adrian slides into the little makeout bed and he's like, I need to apologize about the spring break comment. He says, what is immature? She's so she asked, what is immature to you? He says, a lack of emotional intelligence. But then he tattled on Branden. He said that Braden said about her that her doing the kissing contest was classless and disrespectful to the guys, and then when she heard the word class list, she left the entire barbecue mm hmm, yeah yeah and kept him and kept.
Speaker 5: Him yeah, no tale and didn't and didn't call.
Speaker 1: And didn't pull him aside, didn't call him out, gave him a rose. I was like, braid what am I going to do with you? Braiden, Braiden, Braiden, Braiden, Doctor Branana, what did you think?
Speaker 4: I would have drowned Braiden. I'm choking, h I think God. His obsession with Braiden is actually quite interesting. It's like he said, yeah, yeah, like he's like threatened by those.
Speaker 1: So then they go, they go, and they go back and Jesse Palmer forty four hosts and now says that she's left and she's upset.
Speaker 6: And then that's my favorite thing is when they come in like the charity has learned some distress seeing information, It's like causing all eighty six of the guys to just immediately start smiling, starching information to struct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, where was she?
Speaker 6: They panicking immediately. It's kind of a hilarious tool that they use on this show.
Speaker 1: So then bra so then Braden starts eye rolling, and there's the point where he's like, looks like he's having a Caesar. He's like, he's like a by the way, I kind of felt I kind of was on his team. He's like Xaviers like, well, who was the last person touch for is? And Adrian's like, yeah, I was an Xavier is like, Adrian, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: Like, why don't you just shut the funk up? Like I loved Xavier.
Speaker 3: You're running your mouth about other.
Speaker 1: Guys right now, so embarrassing. And then the last two roses were Adrian and Breeden, and she cut Harvard John Henry the underwater welder, and our boys Spencer, and there was another guy and Calebs because they can only keep track of one, there's three Calybs.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So then so then our dipshit Brydon goes she's an awesome young lady h and we managed I picked the perfect suit today and then the wrestler next week, the preview is singing a song and uh, and then we see this speedo and everybody's saying about how cold it is, that their dicks are small, and that they're shaving on the beach. Great episode. I thought it was pretty fun. It was I actually am enjoying it more than I've enjoyed the beginning of the Like last season got good in the last couple episodes, but like, I feel like this is a more fun beginning than we've had in.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Definitely, I'm always a big fan of the first episode and the like the first couple episodes because you get to know some people and what they're hiding. I always think, yeah, that's more interesting personally. But we just didn't have that. We haven't really had that, to be honest. Besides, like Maddie at the beginning of last season getting hammered with Zach. But like, this is a great start. This this is we have to be a great season. I'm having fun watching the show again, which is great news.
Speaker 1: I fully agree. Well, we love when we get reviews. Here's a bunch of fun new reviews that we've got, Doctor Banana. We have so many nice reviews. We're also up to two point three. Finally, we're two to nine to eight, so let's get too. We want this year. What do we want three thousand? Because it's three thousand, we need three thousand, So that means we have to get we're on for like six months. That means we have to get like what fifty a month for six months? Okay, great, so we can do that. I'm sure you guys have heard us like and you maybe we're like have been like, I don't feel like doing that. It really helps if you actually just take the time, go and do it. Here's one five stars by Frank Franklin. Come on, he's been a fan for years. That's the title of the review, Doctor Banana. I've been a fan for years, and he took the time to do it, and I appreciate that. Frank. My wife and I have both been fans of this show for years. We've both been listening since we first started dating many years ago. In fact, early in our relationship, I emailed this podcast twenty dollars to give her a birthday shout out to help seal the deal. Now we're married with a baby. Coincidence, me thinks, not, that's exciting, that's so cute. I love that.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Here's one four stars. So they are they like us. They're not going to quite give us the final rose yet, but literally the only reason I watched the show, Tara Bender four stars. I started watching the Bachelor franchise because my mom suggested this podcast. I am in love with it and would not have started watching again without it. I wonder if she accidentally hit four stars, Doctor Banana, maybe she meant to hit five so often. I think and something and I'm immediately validated by Ardam having the exact same opinion. Arden has the best guests, a couple of my favorites being Robbie bb and Paget. This recent episode was the best of an MVB cast of Rob, Jim and Gareth. I'm going to see Gareth for a show here in Fort Collins and I may have a huge crush on him, so put in a good word. Love you all and keep up the good work. This franchise would not be the same without you. Also shout out to the best production team. Doctor Banana and I could for sure be friends. Come on, we can, Yeah, Tara, you absolutely can be friends. If you want to be friends with us, give us a writing of review. Yeah, five stars. I think Tara accident, You know she meant to hit five. That's our girl, you know she meant five.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what I'm here to believe. It's a five.
Speaker 1: I know she did. It's your best friend, Tarah.
Speaker 4: It's my best friend, Tara.
Speaker 1: She would she would you know that I'm blind as a bat and my finger me on a freaking keypad on a phone. Forget it, I'd be tapping too by accident. Well, we love it, and we appreciate you, guys. We also love when you email us. You can email us at Rosepodcast at gmail dot com and if you win, if you win a sleep Crown, shout out Julie, you can email us your address at Rosepodcast at gmail dot com and our Queen Julie of the Sleep Crown with the dream portal and the patented nosegap technology, we'll send you a sleep Crown. To mail us your mailing address, and if you want to get your own sleep Crown. And again, she doesn't pay for any of this, She just ships out of the kindness of her heart. You can go to sleep Crown dot com, backslash w y at r and enter the code peebee fit. Do you have a Sleep Crown mind?
Speaker 3: I do not know I've only heard of them because I listened to the podcast.
Speaker 1: I haven't have you felt one?
Speaker 3: No, I have not, well, I have not not yet.
Speaker 1: Say that gets a little done, gets a little claustrophobic. But he loved it, and Alicia likes it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my girlfriend, My girlfriend uses it. But I, uh, you know, it's not for me. But I get it. I get it. I understand how great it is for others. Everyone should have at least two.
Speaker 1: Here we go tweet of the weeks. I've got about eight our winter last week Justin Paul Spade and Justin Spade braided. Yeah, but can my earrings be as long as CBS receich. This is our f at Feeney. Oh sorry, Brandon just likes to have fun, which is why he's wearing twelve accessories from an estates all so man. This is from Neil Paschell at Peel Naschelle Braiden's scarf outfit. Let's us know that he's not your average mom. He's a cool mom. If you're going to drink before you do it his house. This is Carlos Solario at Mister Lonely River Braiden. I packed my bags before this BBQ. I was so ready to leave that I were both of my problematic dreamcatchers on my ear lobs. Still still hmmm, still liking the internet at still liking the one. Braiden needs a miracle for this rose ceremony. Time to switch out the Jesus earrings. This is lou Sattle at Sir weird Ow. Every time Braiden gets a rose, his earring just get a little longer.
Speaker 4: We're watching it.
Speaker 1: And Justice Spade. Sean looks like David Spade if he never met Adam Chandler. This is for Justin Spade. Tell us your best slash worst kiss, Spencer. I've never been kissed. This one was here for the right reasons at for the right reasons. Ten dollars says that Rachel complains that none of the men are looking at her during this group day. Yes, yes, all right, so I'm going to do that one and then and then cool Mom.
Speaker 3: Or longer.
Speaker 1: Longer Cool Mom? Do you like.
Speaker 3: Cool Mom and Rachel? Those are my two that I really like.
Speaker 1: Okay, so why don't we do First, We're going to do cool Mom's longer, and then we're gonna do the winner of that to Rachel. Okay, God Okay, here we go, Neil Paschell at Peel Naschelle Brayden scarf out. But lets us know that he's not your average mom. He's a cool mom. If you're gonna drink, he prefer you to do it in the house. Or Lou sacil at Sir Weirdel. Every time Braden gets a rose, his earring is good, a little longer. We know that Doug is longer, and that we know that Mike is cool mom. So doctor Banana, is it cool mom? Or longer?
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna go longer?
Speaker 1: All right? So the final two are Lou sasol at Sir Weirdel, every time Brayden gets a rose, his earring is good, a little longer, or here for the right reasons. At four the right reasons ten dollars. Says that Rachel complains that none of the men are looking at her. Take earrings or Rachel. I'm gonna start with the captain. I go earrings, all right, Mike, earrings of.
Speaker 3: Rachel Rachel for me?
Speaker 1: All right, Doctor Banana, I'm gonna let you be the tiebreaker.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna do Rachel. I think that's so fun, all right?
Speaker 1: All right? The winner is here for the right reasons at for the right reasons. Ten dollars says that Rachel complains that none of the men are looking at her during this group date. You win so good, Mike, Doug. It was so fun having you on.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you so much. I love us.
Speaker 1: Before we have your credits or where you want to pluck? Who do you think is gonna be top three? Who's gonna win? Okay, Doug, Doug, Doug.
Speaker 5: First, I was just ready with a stupid joke. I just was gonna say number one. Uh, the scarf, The scarf is gonna win.
Speaker 1: Scarf is gonna win America.
Speaker 5: Scott Moore. It's more interesting than any of the other guys, and it keeps keep her warm. Okay, security, but I haven't actually thought about breaking down one, two, and three like that? Do you have? Have you figured it out? Mike?
Speaker 1: Mike does have to be in order? Who's top three and who's the winner?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I've got so winner. Makes it hard because I don't know yet, but I do know my top three is uh, Joey John and I think I'm going Dotton. I think Dotton's not done surprising us.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, okay, and who's the winner.
Speaker 3: I want to say, John, there's a spark between them that we see really nice, and I think that there's some more there. I just want to see more of it, I believe.
Speaker 1: All right, doctor Banana, top three and winner. I think those are great picks. By the way, I think that's a really good list. I think you might be accurate. All right, doctor Banane, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna say Aaron be the one with the coin.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Dowton okay.
Speaker 4: And then winner Xavier. I'm still going.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think Xavier he might be like coming from the back of the pack because he's not he's not so okay, Douglass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm in the same boat there with you know, putting Xavier in the winner's circle. Okay, and uh, you know, I don't really care about the rest of it, but you know, I will say that Josh, John, Joey work off. Yeah, Joey, I think he'll be top three. And I also like Doughton.
Speaker 1: All right, So you still you still think Xavier is going to take the cake.
Speaker 5: I'm saying. I'm saying I said Xavier this from day one. I just think it's Xavier all the way, I.
Speaker 1: Think Exavier is going to be the Bachelor. I'm going to say Exavier is going to be the Bachelor, and I think that he will not win. I think he will be the Bachelor. And I think we're gonna get Joey. I'm gonna go stay List Joey, Dotton John and I'm gonna give it.
Speaker 3: To Dotton Nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to Joey. I'm gonna give it to Tennis Pro. I'm gonna give it to She's gonna pick light and Fun.
Speaker 3: And then and then they're gonna break up three.
Speaker 1: Months, gonna break up. They're gonna break up. Yeah, they're gonna break up. She's gonna pick Fun and they're gonna break up.
Speaker 3: That's it, Okay.
Speaker 1: Behind that, when is when is Braiden gonna get When is Braiden gonna get cut?
Speaker 3: He's either last cup before Hometown's or leaves abruptly next week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's always going to be using like I think he'll go back to that one.
Speaker 1: He's gonna storm out.
Speaker 5: Threatening to leave all the time. He's really like that's his thing. He's really acting like the competition, like like there aren't so many people still there, like like just to act like, you know, if they're one or two other people. Yeah, I get it, you've gotten so close to now you're kind of feeling like, you know, like you you should be the front runner or whatever. But like in this situation, he's just such a silly pants. He's just such a silly person. I know Simon Lebon wants his carf back, and I would like to see that guy on the beach though, because I or maybe we'll see maybe in this season of a Bachelor, he'll continue to I want somebody it was wasn'body yell at him, though. I think he'd be funny to watch people yell at him, because I think I agree he's like until he gets yelled at, many backs down, you.
Speaker 3: Know though, right, because then he's in like he doesn't fulfill his contract and they won't bring him back for paradise. So I think he has to get sent home.
Speaker 1: He's threatening to get sent home.
Speaker 5: He goes home natural style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Doug, what would you like to promote?
Speaker 5: Oh, you know, I'm out there doing my Douglas Movies podcast tapings. I got shows coming up in Seattle, Pittsburgh, San Diego, do it monthly in Los Angeles, Dynasty Typewriter and all of my dates. As Mike mentioned earlier, all right, douglasmovies dot com.
Speaker 1: It's such a fun live show if you've never seen it, it is so fun, an audience, interactive, and it's just such a blast. He puts on a great shows. If you live in any of those cities, you're gonna have a great, great time. It's so fun. It's true story. It's so fun to do. And I all my friends have ever come, They've had a great It's like a blast. So go check it out. Mike, what do you so? You've got your podcast which is hilariica.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. You can check me out. We didn't get a rose with my podcast with my sweet boy Christmas here out in Seattle. I'm gonna be performing in the Just for Last Festivals, part of the montrealsho Cocal Spots here and there in Montreal from July twenty fourth to the twenty ninth is one of the festival runs. I don't have all my dates, but the twenty ninth is one show. I'll see Toronto in August and in October I'll be in Gainesville, Florida for fest So come check out some comedy.
Speaker 1: My Show's Secret Chef is up on Hulu right now. If you ever wanted to see me be pad Malachi in the form of an animated chef's hat hosting a cooking competition show, now's your chance And Doug, you watched it. Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fun and it's funny how like like they kind of tease that the chef's hat is going to be like, you know, annoying or something, but I found that you went in you use a pleasant voice, like it's the voice isn't annoying, it's just sort of like obviously the contestants still like what you have to say time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they get mad because Cheffy's sort of like in control and I mess with them. Yes, I went, yes, I like I like the I always love sort of like a bit I've got to see. I always sort of love like that.
Speaker 5: The thing is, it doesn't sound like, yeah, it doesn't sound like you. It sounds like, you know, you know, someone else, Like it's like you're doing like a voice. Yeah, specific to that, it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a chefy it's mi as Sheffie. I'm also going on a little tiny East Coast tour this fall doing stand up. I don't think this. I don't think the tickets are up yet for the City Winery shows, but they'll be up, I believe next week, but just like start thinking about it. Thursday, October twelfth, I'll be doing City Winery in Philly, and then I'll be doing Bethesda Blues and Jazz on the thirteenth, which is a Friday, and then City Winery in Boston on Wednesday the eighteenth. So uh that, well, I'm excited to do all those I've never played in those cities, so let's sell them out so we can improve the City Winery that you guys will come out and I can go other places which would be super cool. But I will when all the links are available, I will put them all in my Instagram bio at Arda Marine and y R I N and Doctor Banana and I are just about to start doing Summer House Martha's Vineyard, which is really fun on our Patreon.
Speaker 6: Well wait, wait, can I just say we are? And I just today sort of solo episode breaking down our first impressions of charities guys, after having watched the first episode after doing the draft picks. Yeah, so we recorded that just the two of us quickly episode and we put that on our Patreon and it dropped last week. So if you want to hear that, yes on our patreon.
Speaker 1: All Right, you guys, thank you so much for doing the podcast. We love you. We're so guy. Your hair is nice to have you on together. We hope you have a nice fun week and we'll see you soon.
Speaker 6: Bye, thank you, bye bye bye by bye.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, we're gonna get all up in you tonight.
Speaker 3: It feels so good. I just got a wonder up question.
Speaker 7: Bringer where you except this roll? Will you accept this roll? Listen to your word? Would you accept this rolls in to your world?
Speaker 1: Will you accept this Rose is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.