Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises, SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 3: These are our stories, done done.
Speaker 2: Yay, that's messed up. And that's why did I just forget the name of my podcast? That's us up, that's View Podcasts. We're here episode two ten.
Speaker 4: Baby. My name is Liza Traeger and I'm Kara Klank.
Speaker 1: And in case you decided to hop on at episode two ten, I'll tell you what we do here. We recap an episode of SVU. We dive into the true crimes that it was based on, and we talked to a guest from the show. And today's a good one. This episode is awesome today. But before we get into it, we just like to chat a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, it's so funny, you said, if someone just dives in. Because I was at my coffee shop, and if a few you know, you watch my Instant stories, you might have heard this. But I'm wearing my sv sweatshirt with an it like, I mean, it's such a good crap. Like the fact that Melinda and bet Wong are in this it's just like my favorite aunt Craigan.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite sweatsher. I mean, JK, my iced one is.
Speaker 2: But she was like, lol iced Tea and Marishka they're not really on it. That's like a weird group. I go, what are you talking about? I go, this is the core group. She goes, but they haven't really worked together. I go, they've he's been on since season two. I'm like, he's been on and he goes, but what about that guy? I go, I go, much is dead? I go, I don't. Do you not know about any of this? She goes, oh, so you like know about this? It's not just like a hipster shirt. I go, no, it's from the NBC store, not a hipster shirt, babe.
Speaker 1: I only said name three songs, and you were like, fuck off.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you everything, you dumb bitch. I see, and Marishka haven't been in it. Yeah, if you're listening, I remember you no. But then I go, no, I actually have a podcast, and I told her about I'm like, I'm about to go recap an episode right now, and so welcome if if you've decided, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just don't know even where you got the information.
Speaker 1: That Marishka and Ica don't ever work together and aren't the full main two characters of the show.
Speaker 4: It's so.
Speaker 2: And then she said like she likes this other show, and I go, oh, what's this other show? Assuming it was like a Criminal Minds or a Bones, you know, like what, But it was like following people that are getting married for green cards around and I go, what why? This has nothing to do with anything the fuck? But maybe we have a new listener, so welcome listen.
Speaker 4: You're recruiting them one by one.
Speaker 2: Well, we obviously have a lot to talk about. It's post Taylor, but I do have to say. I'm in Toronto. I land drop stuff off at the hotel, a quick change, let's get into the city. Let's get into town. And I see Bella Caresi in a window of a cafe.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, but I'm letting the listeners know. I saw Bella Caresi and it was it took us o. I was like, I know her, I know her, And then I went I think she's from Homeland, which she is, which that was an exciting brain power of mine. Oh yeah, And then like forty five minutes into my lunch, I went it's Bella Caresi, And so it.
Speaker 4: Was a thrill.
Speaker 1: The IMDb of your brain just clicked in during during soup.
Speaker 2: I know, it is so funny that like a like your my Passion shirt can be a hipster shirt that you spend one hundred and fifty dollars on at a vintage shop.
Speaker 4: I guess you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh and I know everyone wants to know about Taylor, but I'm trying to get some other stuff off because once I start, I feel like I'm not gonna be able to stop.
Speaker 4: You know, Casey's waving every flag he can find.
Speaker 2: So also, I went vintage shopping in my neighborhood in New York and I found the exact shoot, not like from the set, but the exact Manolo blonics that Carrie Bradshaw was meant to take off at the baby shower episode. Oh my god, the baby. So I put them on. It was exciting. They were a size too big. I honestly would have bought them for whatever I think. I think I would have gotten them, but it was it was a thrill. That's cool, that's cool. The other thing that's not Taylor that I just want to squeeze in is So. I you know, there's this tattoo artist I've been following for a while, obsessed, and they posted a flash sheet and and I wrote, oh my god, love it come to New York. I get an email from the tattoo artist being like, hey, I'm gonna be in New York in February, Like, these are the dates? Do you want to schedule? I go, oh my god, what a thrill. I'm thinking this the size, these dates work for me. I get back it's like, we need this deposit and then we'll schedule a zoom to talk about stuff. And I get the deposit infhone. I look at the email and something about it. I go, I don't know about this, and I DM the tattoo artist with a screenshot, going, hey, before I venmo the money, I just want to make sure this is you.
Speaker 4: She goes, that's definitely not me.
Speaker 1: Wait, so, how so somebody hacked her and DMed you from her account?
Speaker 4: No, it was a Gmail. That's what made me suspicious.
Speaker 2: It was like her tattoo art was the like the photo, it was her the name of the tattoo at Gmail. So that was But I have a Gmail, and I'm a legit person, so it's not like it's not an absolute indicator. But before I before I send three hundred fifty dollars deposit.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm so glad you fucking got the spidy sense and you.
Speaker 4: Like I got a lot of Spidey sense.
Speaker 2: And it was like the pape, the Venmo of it all, And then it was like why wouldn't she have DMed? But also the name for the Venmo was a man's name, and I go, this isn't a man. There's no amat because I don't I don't know who the artist is, like I've never seen them. It's just their work. But it's a woman. It's like, so it's like there's no way. But yeah, so then I just wrote like nice try winky face, but uh close.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that you gave your uh you gave the criminal a little bit of a wink on the way out.
Speaker 4: That's listen. It's a good scam like to.
Speaker 2: But I wonder if they saw it and were like, oh, let's try to get Like I wonder if this is their usual scam or if it was an opportunity crime, like a crime of opportunity, Like I'm just curious, or if they scan tattoo pages constantly looking for desperate people like me being like come to my town or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or they go to this girl's page and they just try to find anybody that they that has commented or shared any of her content and they set up a little email to look like it. Yeah, it's like, you know, scammer, be careful, guys. We are living in the golden age of the scam honestly, honestly, wait, can I say really quickly before we get.
Speaker 4: Into I think you should and then you should have yeah, yeah, question. I saw Wicked. Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I thought it was so good, and I will be honest, I have never seen a movie musical that is better than the stage for me, and I don't know that it's better than this, because like I loved seeing Wicked on Broadway so much, but this movie is like gorgeous. It is so amazingly done. It's really pretty. And Cynthia Revo is really great. I'm not like, I'm not the biggest Ariana fan. I'm not like a not a fan. But she really kills it too. They're both really great. The guy who's Fierro is great. I was gonna say, it's a little bit. You know, Michelle Yo can't sing, but she's amazing. Jeff Goldblum can't really sing, but he's amazing. I understand in movies, you gotta know that.
Speaker 2: They both got than Cynthia. No, that's the whole thing. So I saw a post that was like Arianna made a fifteen million and Cynthia made a million. And then of course it's like, well she is a drawn. It's like it doesn't fucking matter. Hopefully she gets a back end deal. Her agents are crazy, like, but this happened in the Barbie movie where it was like Serai two hundred thousand dollars or something like they fucking do this to black women all the time. Oh my, But people kept being like all right on arian And then it's like to find out these two side characters made more than Cynthia. Hopefully it's not real, Hopefully it's online. But my friend who I trusted, post this, So yeah, it's annoying.
Speaker 1: No, because she's literally the heart of the whole movie. Is like it she like even though it is like about the two, it's like Cynthia Rivo's character like Alpha, but is like the.
Speaker 2: Main yes, of course, you know, like she is spinning in the air live singh sons. I mean they are very pretentious. She is very pretentious. Like these interviews are insane. This is like I've never she is the most theater person I think I've ever witnessed doing press in my fuck.
Speaker 1: You sound like someone who's not holding space for the lyrics of defying gravity right now?
Speaker 2: You know what, but holding a finger I love holding a finger holding.
Speaker 1: I was telling I was describing it to Jared, and I go, not only is it so funny because this woman brings up this completely, this completely word salady woo woo thing about holding space for song lyrics. Then they go, oh, I didn't know that was happening. Their reaction is so serious. Then the woman who was interviewing them goes, yeah, I saw a couple of posts. A couple of posts, what are we talking about? And then there's the finger touch. It's like every single piece of it is like its own meme. It's so funny. I love that so much. I watched it a bunch of times. But the movie is excellent. I'm excited. It's two hours and forty minutes. I didn't even notice I didn't even notice. And I'm usually like, at hour ninety, I'm like, how many more minutes do we have left? And I didn't notice. I thought it away excellent. Bowen is so funny in it. He seems like he's improvising, and he's got a bunch of little moments in there.
Speaker 4: It's great. It's great. SpongeBob, you know he's in there. It's it's good. But I'm seeing it the friday after.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to implement a green and pink dress code for the family, but only the grandmas have responded.
Speaker 4: I am being shunned.
Speaker 2: I am being shunned, but I think we should wear green and pink.
Speaker 4: Why not, let's take a photo, like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's kind of the final it's the rush to the inauguration, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really all. Get it all done well, speaking of things that well buy.
Speaker 1: This is what I was gonna say, though, really quickly, because you just said inauguration.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: It is wild when you're watching Wicked, how much it just maps up right to politics, Like it really is right, it's perfect, Like it's in the least in the first part Glinda is like white women who voted for Trump, and like the Wizard is like it's crazy. It's like a snake oil salesman, like it's crazy. But you know, I just thought that was really like spooky. All right, Casey just gave us the ten minute flag, which means we need to get into Taylor.
Speaker 4: I have not talked to you. I've seen the social media. I mean I didn't.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming were there any major issues, hicc hops, anything or was it like smooth sailing?
Speaker 4: I love that that's your No, nothing went wrong. It was great.
Speaker 2: All my preparation thought I did, everything worked out perfect. It was like, yeah, it was the best, and you mentioning things flying by, like it went by so fast. Every time she would go into a new song or era, I'm like stop, stop, I'm ready, like I need a moment, Like it just went by so fast and was so perfect and great. I also want to say it is so wholesome, like all the outfits are so fun, like I've never been I don't think it's to a concert where people are that. Like everyone is intentional about their dressing, you know, like even the most casual it's a shirt, it's a nod Or. It's people that came super early to get the tour exclusive merch, you know, the blue brunetts and the half.
Speaker 4: Tips, like it really is so cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I would say from the flight immediately, like there was like a lot of people, like you could tell that we're going, and like our hotel had balloons that said eras and disco balls and step in repeats and bead making stations and everything was just like full tailor. They had tailor drag brunch like it was. They were support an economy. It's a full economy. It fully is because outside of the concert, this was the I also thank you everyone that came to my show. That was really fun and exciting. And are you guys do not have to bring presents. Do not feel obliged. You do not have to give me drugs. Appreciate it of course. The thoughtfulness. I mean you saw the Moodang, right, Yeah, someone three D printed and hand painted a fucking Moodang with Taylor bracelets on its little little pause. I mean, I can't even, I can't even, but yeah, just like such cute stuff and fun bracelets. But anyways, overall, yeah, the shopping, I got a trench, like the vintage. The food I had the best wrenches. Like we were out and about like every little store, every neighborhood, every park, like it was just crisp, gorgeous, Like I love Toronto, such good food.
Speaker 4: And I know I want to go. I gotta go spend more time there.
Speaker 2: All the restaurants too that have like the best food, like chill Ambiance, cool little kitchy lamps and art and Seinfeld playing on the TVs. You know I bought I bought Amrchat from one of the bars. So Taylor the tram to get like that. They have street cars. The stop was right outside our hotel, straight shop, like thirteen minute walk, then to the arena and then like to the stadium.
Speaker 4: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: And what's cool is like I asked a worker outside, I go, hey, we're like gate five and six, and she goes, but you want to see the big Arab beads, right, and we're like yeah, and so she led us like they just everyone was in. We got to see the big puffy beads from I think New Orleans. So that was really exciting. And then so no line to go in at all. The seats are incredible. The teens next to us took such good photos of us. She goes, I'm gonna use flash and then I was like, I've never looked better in my life. And then like, I mean, these teens are incredible, if you know, these two glitter boat teens fantastic women. And then we are immediately with like a set of parents from Hawaii. They came from Hawaii with their daughter and daughter's husband to do this like show and they ended up being a big part of our experience there because they got blacked out.
Speaker 1: But oh my god, I love it. Why I was hoping you would make seat mate friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was like she just got blacked out and just was like come to Hawaii, and it's like you need to shut the fuck up, Like I don't.
Speaker 4: Play around, Like I don't really play around.
Speaker 2: But there was like a dad and daughter next to it, like everyone was just cute little kids in cosplay.
Speaker 4: There was like a glitter guy with his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: There was a couple that looked really like upset in the front of us, But I feel like they got into a fight. I have no idea fight at eras come on before or they could just be wet blankets as people but I was just yea, sucks to be them anyways. So that we went to walk around, I mean I was not drinking at all because of the peace situation. I did get like like I don't really fuck Oh yes, what happened with that?
Speaker 4: Nothing? I didn't people never went.
Speaker 2: Wow. I went twice before the show and once after the show.
Speaker 4: Not that so not even a thing I knew.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to watch Grace okay, but the merch lines were bananas, and I resigned not to.
Speaker 4: Go to it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I have enough bullshit, like I really don't need this to complete the experience. But then it was like, oh, I want to get something from my niece. And then oh, but what about the TTPD shirt?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: So then it's like trying to think about the lines along.
Speaker 2: And then as we were exiting the bathroom, they were reconfiguring the merch lines in a way where we snuck right into the middle of the line. What some we only waited a half an hour? Wow, it was like incredible. I got the shirt I wanted, Like I couldn't believe it. I got an all beef kosher dog with a little bottle of water, sat down and it was like I finished the hot dog as the clock came on, and like Lady Gaga played.
Speaker 4: I mean it was like incredible. Who opened well gra c Abrams jj Abram's daughter, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't know that's who she is, Okay, okay, I've been hearing about her.
Speaker 4: I Love close to You.
Speaker 2: It's a great song and I heard it while I was in line to get a hot dog. I'm not watching jj abrams daughter live out her fantasies, like I don't care.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: You could be a fan of hers, I will refuse so like but she plays. Gaga's applause is the last song before the like the two thirty Cops. So that's so once that plays, you know it's coming. That's like her pump up song. And it was just like joyous from the start. It was so cool. She is a Disney princess. She looks amazing. I loved singing everything. It was just awesome. It couldn't have been better. I don't know what to say. I gotta get by it. Nineteen eighty nine I would say was the most electric era in terms of like every I'm getting get together, but JK, August and Willow rocked my socks off, and then I facetimes Tommy Max shout out for all two well, the ten minute version. It is his favorite song. So that was a thrill, but I didn't want it to end. It was so cool.
Speaker 4: I love the song.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the secret songs, the guitar one, it was mister Perfectly Fine from Red and I like don't Care and then better than Revenge from Speaking Out, which I did like.
Speaker 4: So that was exciting.
Speaker 2: But two of my dream songs were played on different nights of Toronto, so two songs that were in my top four were played, just not when I was there.
Speaker 6: And Marishka was at a night of Toronto, I know, well, I think Sutton from Beverly Hills was there the night I was there because her post is like the outfit I also, I mean, I feel psychotic for having these opinions, but it's like, yeah, I was happy to see the outfits I saw, like I loved our Midnights, the Midnight's body suit.
Speaker 2: I loved my lover body suit like I liked the outfits that she chose for us. And then the piano secret song was State of Grace from Red and Labyrinth, which I like from midnights, which was fine. Yeah, I didn't care, you know, I like better than Revenge, and it was fun and special. But then she like dives into the fake water and like that's cool and like fake swims.
Speaker 4: Like I liked.
Speaker 2: See, I'm glad I didn't watch the concert movie because all the visuals were really surprising, and like, oh, all the backup and also these backup dancers lucky, I mean barely having to dance, barely a move, like they're obviously talented, not really, but like if they were doing Beyonce, I bet they would be tired every night. I kind of skipping around doing musical theater. It's like, yeah, we're a nice gath, We're a.
Speaker 4: Nice bath after Beyonce, I feel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not saying it's not physically taxing and they're not doing beautiful work, but it is, like, I bet it's a great gig to have. I loved our Willow dress like I did like all the outfits she chose for us.
Speaker 4: I love when she runs the stage for August I mean that.
Speaker 2: And there was one seat empty in our rows, so I kind of got I didn't get the aisle, which I usually love, but I had a little extra.
Speaker 4: Room to dance because one person didn't show up. Can you imagine these tickets are so much?
Speaker 2: I just assume it's like a terrible accident. Like that's where my brain goes. I'm like, oh, I mean why else or you would try to make you know, cash or something.
Speaker 4: So I love it. Don't blame respond. It's true.
Speaker 2: All our outfits were good, and then we had like, you know, my show the next day, good food, and then that Saturday before a flight, it was like a full day. I got twelve thousand, I got like between eight and twelve thousand steps every single day in our name Whoa.
Speaker 4: It was like awesome.
Speaker 2: And then you got to see all the people still coming into the hotel. There was still tit playing tailor and non stop all the stores. Every waitress had all the bracelets like I gave them to flight attendants, Like everyone was covered in bracelets all over the city and airport.
Speaker 4: It was pretty fun and that's awesome.
Speaker 2: And all the TSA people, like everyone knew, They're like, you're here for the show.
Speaker 4: I mean everyone was.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like it's truly like a phenomenon, like the whole thing. It's really cool. I'm glad you got to go. I'm so glad that it like went off without a hitch.
Speaker 2: You know, no, in terms of like no line there, like every anxiety I ever have about concerts did not happen here, and it felt just so chill. And I do also wonder if Canada had something to do with the chillness. Like, yeah, I do feel like people yell more in America in terms of people that workout venues.
Speaker 4: There's definitely more of a niceness for sure.
Speaker 2: But yeah, little kids in glitter everywhere, just giving them bracelets like so fucking cute. Yeah, Toronto just like was awesome and my show is awesome and I got to throw out bracelets.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what else?
Speaker 3: I love?
Speaker 2: There are certain songs where she just does like the bridge and chorus, like she doesn't do the beginning songs or all the other verses, like she just kind of does like the part everyone loves to sing and then move on, got it? Yeah, yes, because there's so many songs so like bad Blood and Elicit Affairs, she just kind of does the parts that we want to sing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like when I went to see Mariah Carrie, she just did like thirty minutes of like a montage of all her best songs of like that weren't Christmasy, and that was like, you know, it was like amazing giving people what they want, you know, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And the energy was just select her. And on the way out, I ordered Domino's. That was way to at the hotel. When we got back, ready there the tram was easy, Like it really was just a phenomenal experience.
Speaker 1: Wow, it sounds like Toronto maybe is your new Orlando, you know, maybe you're gonna move there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the Gadbury, the drug stores, you know, all the little experiences of being in a different country are fun too.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Well, I'm glad you had such a good time.
Speaker 1: I was obviously following stories and it looked awesome. But before we get started, just want to shout out this episode's coming out on December tenth and December twelfth is the last day that you can order merch from our store while and get it there in time for Christmas. So if you're if you're a person that celebrates Christmas, or you'd like to have it by December twenty fifth, place an order today or tomorrow and get that in. We have our do you have children detective stuff? We have some cute stickers left over. We have our Christmas ornament. It's not too late to get that up on your tree. And oh I got to ask them to send us one. I want one, but uh, because we're getting our tree this week, baby. And yeah, so go to That's messed Up live dot com or the link in our Instagram bio that has our shop link. You can also check out Lisa's going to be in Red Bank on the nineteenth and I don't know everything else Brooklyn on the twenty. Oh my god, what a fun little Christmas show.
Speaker 2: Then just in life, like you know, I will be touring next year. I think there's yeah, tons of emails I have to respond to and confirm a bunch of dates.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so get on there and then yeah, get and and That's messed Up Live dot Com also has a link to like Lisa's website that tells you all the dates and stuff, which it takes to your link tree which has all your dates. And uh, I'm still doing my other show called Who's the Bitch If you guys want to give that a listen as well.
Speaker 4: It's on the Last Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Give me a listen over there, and yeah, I hope everyone's holiday seasons are going great so far. Let's dive into today's episode.
Speaker 2: Al Right, we are doing smoked Season twelve, episode twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't really eat smoked things, do you. Uh uh?
Speaker 1: Stuff that smoked is really not for me. You know, it's like even smoked mozzarella. I'm like, nah, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: All right, well I'm diving in Season twelve, episode twenty four a finale.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're in for a ride a huge, huge jep A cannon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this would be you know, yeah, nine one one is in cannon.
Speaker 4: This one just some like high end episodes.
Speaker 1: If you were gonna make like a time capsule of like SVU episodes like this one would be going in for sure.
Speaker 4: One hondo.
Speaker 2: So it starts with a mom and daughter walking after getting a prom dress, and the mom is so grateful to be getting her daughter a good dress and she's a good girl who's not planning on drinking, and the mom is very proud of her.
Speaker 1: Did you drink a prom? I didn't go to prom? Oh you didn't, Okay, I drink?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would have bet my money on that one for sure.
Speaker 2: So the daughter says, well, I'm proud of you too, and you're gonna do great next week. And right at that moment, a man with a hoodie breaks them apart. The mom does a tug of war with the purse and then finally lets him have it, but he doesn't walk away. He walks right up onto her and shoots her straight in the head and leaves the daughter and runs off. The girl is obviously upset her mom has been shot and is bleeding out of a violent killing. Like it's very so gruesome. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: I don't even really get how they do it because it goes right up to her head and like then she goes back and you immediately see the bullet hole, like it's a it's it was a lot, very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's upsetting. Benson and Stabler are on the scene. They're ducking under caution tape, ready to work. But there's no sex crimes, so what are they doing here? The victim's daughter specifically asked for Benson and Stabler to be called Benson Caesar sitting on the back of the ambulance and goes, oh my god, that's Jenna Fox. She runs into Olivia's arms. She's crying and you know he killed my mom. Stabler says Annette Fox. Her rape trial was starting next week to the EMT and the girl cries into Benson's arms, right, you know, up until the credits. So we're back and we're at the office. Benson's comforting Jenna in wood room blinds. Stabler is in the outside glass like damn. You know, we had an open and shut case until now. And this happened two years ago. It went to she went to a grand opening of a salon in Soho. The Ada says, oh Luke ronson a stylist who thinks he's a rock star. I'm familiar now this eightya. Who are you a girl?
Speaker 4: Who are you? Sherry West?
Speaker 2: She's played by Francy Swift in five episodes, and she's not even in the first or second of the Nondescript nor Memorable Adas. She's in third place of who is this woman? But she's here, She's here. You do not know her, Okay, she is just an inanimate kind of woman. This is so rude. She's a human. But it's just funny that they had a parade of women that didn't really work out. And is that when they brought in Barbara, Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, I like don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like Habit and Novak were just so good and they weren't really able to crack that energy again.
Speaker 4: With these same women.
Speaker 1: They were definitely trying, and like Jillian Hardwick, like all these other ones, like it just wasn't was not popping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Finn says, yeah, and he's a rapist. And then so what Ronson did is invites her to the back, and next thing she knows, she's waking up in a cab with pain. And if you guys are wondering, like, wow, is Liza struggling to breathe? I am. My nose is stuffed. I am struggling. So if I sound underwater, it's how I feel. Ronson invites her to the back, and next thing she knows, she's waking up in the cab. There's pain and the pant and also pain and panties together. It's very hard to say, but the panties are ripped. There was GHB in her bloodstream, and they found JHB at the salon. Him and his trainer claimed they used GHB in the gym okay, but Finn knows when the mom hit the stand, the guy would go behind bars.
Speaker 4: But why did the case take two years?
Speaker 2: So basically a lot of diversionary emotions and a lot of tactics to delay. So it's all very suspicious that there was like this perse snatch a week before the trial, but no one buys it. There's two security cameras, but we do need Jenna, so we're back in woodroom blinds. She sadly did not see his face, and she's doing the classic like I should have done this, I should have done that, And Benson's like, girl, you would have been dead too, so we need you here and you did everything right. Stabler goes, hey, like before tonight, did anything? Okay, that's not the tone. Okay, So Stabler's like, hey, what up girl?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: Boom boom.
Speaker 2: Stabler's like, you know, has anything weird happened before tonight? And I guess last week she did see someone staring at her in the dark on a sidewalk in the house. Yeah, that's fucking crazy. They also were getting a lot of prank phone call and then she calls him a gutlass prick and Finn finds proof of eighty seven calls to the mom's cell thirty six to the landline, all from the same number. Of course, a disposable phone, but this phone was bought one block from Luke's salon. So let's see what this dirt bag has to say for himself. Benson and Stabler go to harass them at work, and he is, you know, a big classy hairstylist, straight man vibes. And I know this man as a fellow or a fellow. No one here is doing this as a former salon receptionist. There's always like one super hot straight man stylist and he's usually got some funky tattoos and a little haircut, and it's a vibe.
Speaker 4: It's a vibe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of Jared's old coworkers who's like beautiful and like friends with like a lot of famous people. She married a big male hairstylist like this exact vibe. But I don't think this guy necessarily has. He's not hot, but like, yes, you're talking about Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if Isaac Fromilio Salon, if anyone remembers him and you listen to this podcast, I want to know where you're at.
Speaker 4: But I'm curious. I am curious.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they obviously screamed really loud for everyone to hear about the rape trial At the salon, he calls the rape a misunderstanding. They bring up the murder. He acts like he has no idea she's dead. He was having dinner with his publicist, Marriette.
Speaker 4: It's not a name.
Speaker 2: His lawyer yells, don't say another word, Luke as he waddles his way in. It's Hashi Horowitz, all right, and he's wearing a Columbo style trench and Stabler says, oh, here comes the douchebag.
Speaker 4: So they know they have to leave.
Speaker 2: But before they go, Benson says, be careful, ladies, he might shoot you in the head during your die job. So we gotta go talk to the publicist. They did have dinner. She's at a sexy bast skeball shoot for a client. This woman's in a mini dress dunking. So that's really cool.
Speaker 4: Isn't it. So this is one of those scenes where I'm like.
Speaker 1: They set up this whole thing just as background, like they cast somebody. They set up a full photo shoot as background, just so the stylist could have something to do. I mean, they could have met the stylist outside of her office building.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But instead they're like a woman a model is dunking like they like they really spare no no detail or expense.
Speaker 2: NBC Baby, big Bucks, big Bucks. Dinner was done by seven point thirty, she says, and then he went to Saint Anne's. He volunteers at the homeless shelter every Tuesday for the last two years. And Benson's like, oh so right after he got caught raping, good idea pre girl. She goes, no, he's a giver. You're wrong about him. So they go to the homeless shelter, and of course sister Peg is there. She's obsessed with this guy. He cuts hair for the homeless and checks for lice and you know, it makes people feel good about them elves and ready for job interviews and that he's a good man. Staber's like, okay, but he is also a rapist, and Sister Peg is like, you know, all people are accused and all convicted, YadA YadA, and it's like, fuck off, bitch.
Speaker 4: You know how the system.
Speaker 2: Works, and it's like stacked against victims of sex crimes, So like, don't play these accusation games. But you know what do I know, but she has to take all the help she can get, she says. So Stabler wants to know who he gave cuts to the Tuesday of the shooting, but she says that he had to leave a leave abruptly, that he was doing the cuts and then left. So Stabler has a sly look. Well, who was his last haircut? And it was someone named Eddie Skinner. So this guy has long, shaggy hair and is in the shelter attitude. He goes, you know, I didn't get a cut, and he says, I didn't want to cut that day because Luke felt preoccupied and you know, he wasn't interested, but he and he left in a rush and ran for the door. But when he grabbed his bag, he felt like he saw a gun in the bad and so and an amazing character choice. The guy SIPs coffee and then spits it all back out into the cup.
Speaker 4: I just like this guy. I have no comment on it.
Speaker 1: I've noticed that too, and I was like, this is funny.
Speaker 4: This guy is good.
Speaker 1: This guy, this actor's name is Michael Raymond James and he has like only fifty five credits, but like he's been in like not only only that's a ton.
Speaker 4: That's a ton. But he was.
Speaker 1: He was a big character on OC. There was a season two of OC. He was like a big boss of like of I think, like an Armenium crime family or some kind of crime maybe a Greek crime family. But he is like the head of it for eight episodes. He's very scary, but he's also in I don't know, like tons of other stuff. Once Upon a Time was a big show. He was on for like thirty five episodes.
Speaker 2: Whow So we go to Luke Ronson's house, okay, hairstylas and the maid doesn't want to let them search, uh, but it's and she really.
Speaker 4: Has his back for some reason.
Speaker 2: But being oh, they find everything they need, a nine millimeter right next to a box of amo the black hooded sweatshirt. So back to the salon they go, you know, drop the scissors. He's acting cocky, but they put handcuffs on him and scurry him off. The woman in his chair is like, wait, what about can I reschedule?
Speaker 1: She's like mid die, She's like, who's gonna who's gonna do my highlights?
Speaker 4: Over his shoulder.
Speaker 2: Stabler turns his head and says, in about twenty five years. So we're in cement room bars. He denies the murder and Benson is like, yeah, you also denied the rape.
Speaker 4: We hate you. Your word means nothing to us.
Speaker 2: We found the gun in your closet at your home, but list six prove it's the one that's shot a net. You're done, and hello, you can't have a gun with no permit in New York. He says he has a permit in Arizona. The detectives are like, damn, Arizona gave a crazy nut like you a gun.
Speaker 4: Not surprising. He says, I'm not crazy? Oh really?
Speaker 2: Then why has the trial been delayed eighteen times? For your stress related disorders? So which one is it? Is it delayed because you're stressed and crazy or are you chill and lying? He gets stressed and Hashi, you know, he comes through. He's good as a job. He's shutting it down, going shut up, Luke. It's getting heated. They're circling him like two sharks, close to his face, and Hash is pleading don't say a word. Please, don't say a word. They're like, tell us what you did? You lose her? He's stuttering to say something. Hash is screaming don't say anything. Then the fucking Eightya decides to interrupt at this moment, and Benson's face is like, bitch, I will fucking kill you. She is livid. She says Luke is not their killer, so that sucks. CSI checked the gun. It's not the right gun, bummer, so it's not the right hoodie either. There's a different logo, so he gets to walk again. They have to cut him loose. Sabler knows something's wrong here because he looked worried when they had him up against the wall and he's walking out, back to being cocky real quick, real quick. They get in a cab and leave, and in that moment, the daughter, Jenna, sees all this happen. She runs to Benson, like, what the fuck you're letting him go? He rate my mom and they're like, you know, he's not the killer, and Benson's like, we're trying, We're trying. She and Jenna goes, oh, everything is falling apart. The trial's off. My mom is dead. We trusted you. She's like, I'm I was supposed to go to prom. Now I'm burying my mother and Benson goes, we just any time, and she spins back like, bitch, it's been two years. I put my faith in you, and now I have nothing.
Speaker 4: No one.
Speaker 2: She speed walks off at it here and Luke gets out of the car at his salon. Stabler and Finn are following him, and it's a full fake out. He doesn't go back to work. He starts taking a walk. He walks to the shelter and Finn knows he hasn't seen him before, so Finn goes, I'll go in there to spy. He says, hy does Sister Peg, who calls him Odafin. So just something I caught, Like, I wonder why she uses the full name.
Speaker 4: No one really does.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, I think I remember always Sister Peg always does that. I wonder if that was like a thing where she may that the actress made the choice, or like if it's scripted.
Speaker 4: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she points maybe that's the tut Maybe that'll be my svu tattoo otafin Tutuolan's in fine script under my titty. She points him to Luke, who's talking to a shaggy hair dude from earlier that like told on him and they're fighting, arguing intensely. He sends Stabler a pick and he's like, that's Eddie. That's the guy who saw the gun in Luke's bag. So Stabler runs to go inside. Finn walks up to him slowly, but shaggy Hair throws the table at him immediately, like they know this is a career criminal, and he starts running out the door, but Stabler is there to punch him in the face and arrests his ass. Finn takes Luke with him and they throw Eddie into cement room bars with Stabler. Luke is in the other cement room bars with Finn and he's like, listen, Eddie. Would I knew Eddie was trouble from the moment I cut his hair. Finn is like, bro, are you sure you don't want your lawyer? He breathes deep, I need to tell the truth. He says that he hired Eddie to harass it that so she wouldn't show up. He didn't say to kill her. It cuts back to Eddie saying he didn't kill her. Sailor says, but we found the phone on you that you used to harass her quick. I found it in the park quick. Like this guy really knows how to lie. Luke says he bought the phone and gave it to Eddie to call her, harass her, stare at her across the street. That he paid Eddie five hundred dollars and it would be five thousand dollars after the trial falls apart. Luke says he ran out early because Eddie was trying to squeeze him out for more money and being annoying, and he wanted to kill her because he was pissed that she yelled at him and he was just like begging to smoke the bitch take a drink, and he just really wanted an intimidation situation, really innocent seeming. So Eddie asks for his phone call. Stabler comes out of the room and says Eddie's Eddie is the shooter. Benson's like, I kind of believe the rapist right now, Sherry, what do you?
Speaker 4: What do you say?
Speaker 2: She thinks we need the gun he used to kill her, So let's get back to searching. But we can arrest Eddie on assaulting a police officer and then we could charge Luke with harassing and intimidating a witness. But she doesn't want to lock them up together, so they have time to plot and schemeshit. So Luke's gonna go in the cage and then Eddie's gonna go and lock up downstairs. Eddie starts screaming on the phone for someone to get him out of there. Stabler cuffs him again and carries him to lock his ass up. They're having a sassy banter. Eddie says that he wanted to be a cop and Sabler goes, well, you have to.
Speaker 4: Care about people. Lol.
Speaker 2: Eddie says, you don't know me, and Sadler's like yeah, and nothing makes me happier. Benson's on the phone with Jenna filling her in and how they file the guy there and they have to find the gun. Central Booking is here to bring Luke down, So they open the cage and he walks out to get cuffed and be taken. Stabler brings him to the van to take him to Central Booking, but Eddie Skinner's not there. Sabler is like, what the fuck? The drivers say, we cleared the whole room. He wasn't there. There's nowhere he could be found. Every prisoner was accounted for. Sailor's like, who the fuck let him out? And then the UNI guy's like, oh yeah, I let him out about an apple hour after you put him in. Some fed took him. And so they're like, why would the FBI need this little rat? So, but it wasn't. It wasn't the FBI. It was at f I don't know, a haul tobacco firearms. Oh okay. Sailor's like just like what the fuck. But the guy goes, listen, I got my orders from one PP, the chief of Organized Crime Control. So Benson and Sablor and Sherry head down to bat FE, New York. Uh not to be confused with the BAFTAs the acting award in England. So they go to some office. They talk to a special agent Greer. O, holy shit, it's Pedro Pascal. He is not the guest. So you guys don't have to think about that. You know, we have an incredible guest. I'm very thrilled and young. It is a thrill. It's really a thrill to see uh, to see him in this and yeah, it's exciting to He's so much sexier now, I would say, yeah, more rugged.
Speaker 4: He's like a good old boy here, like a little haircut tight. I like him.
Speaker 2: I like I'm a little older and shaggy. Oh yeah, I wrote, he's so young and dorky looking, not the hunk that we know today. But what a career, what a man. So he denies it, like why would Eddie be here? Who says he is here? And Benson goes our eyes and they see him through the window in the interview room. So why is Greer lying that he's here. He's like, yeah, he called me and I got him. It's just a minor assault charge and they're like an assault on a cop and he's the main suspect and a murder of a rape victim. And this dude chuckles and quickly Benson goes, is there something funny here? He doesn't think Eddie can be a killer. He busted him three months ago for transporting on tax cigarettes across state lines and selling them to bodegas. So he flipped him, and you know he works for him now and there's a huge operation on cigarettes smugglers. Who cares? Who cares cares the tobacco? This is where you get fucked with, Like I don't do a shit. I don't care if they're fake cigarettes. They're not even fake cigarettes. They're like playing a tax game.
Speaker 1: They're just buying someplace cheaper and then selling it in New York for the price and keeping the profits right, Like you can get a pack of cigarettes in the South for like eight dollars when they're fifteen dollars in New York City.
Speaker 4: That's all they're doing. I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it seems like a lot to waste government resources on, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, this big bus is happening cigarettes. But this man could have killed a woman in cold blood.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They say, we're not leaving without him, and he says, yes you are. Stabler walks in, calls him a dirt back, and arrests him. Eddie's like, wow, you're fighting over me. I'm touch Petre is like he is not leaving this building and they're like, fuck you.
Speaker 4: So they take him.
Speaker 2: We're now at forty four John Street to do the bus and he's doing it with Sabler in a Newsy's hat. Eddie's like, they trust me, and Sandler says they're dumb as hell and fuck the cigarette bus.
Speaker 4: This is a fucking waste of my time. They're really funny to.
Speaker 1: Get it, so, they are really funny, but it is so wild to me how they just always put Sabler undercover, even though he has the most cop look of all time, Like they're always like, oh, let's send him in as an underground smuggler. It's like he has a cross tattoo on his arm, he's wearing a Newsy's hat like a denim jacket.
Speaker 4: He looks like a fucking cop. Like he just is the most copy cop looking guy.
Speaker 1: And they're like, yeah, don't believe he's gonna smuggle animals or cigarettes or needs a baby like I don't know, there's so much, or.
Speaker 4: Going to a rave. Yeah, the rave is the ultimate.
Speaker 2: But Eddie is like, well, next time we do this, maybe I can and wear the hat. So they're walking through a busted down place and a black Mercedes pulls in and it's a guy named Phil. He's old, he's wearing leather, and he goes, who's your friends, and you know he's so Stabler's playing a guy that owns bodega's around the city. Well, Eddie says bodega and it's weird. The Stabler character that he created goes corner stores.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says convenience stores because he's being he's trying to make them sound more respectable. Like he thinks bodega sounds like to you know, like street or something like that. And they agree that Eddie is mold that will grow on you.
Speaker 2: And he's like, why would an upstanding businessman like you do a shady scheme?
Speaker 4: Edie?
Speaker 2: He starts talking about taxes, and so Eddie says, listen, you have a sure thing and he wants in. So they do a business chat back and forth on a deal, and he wants to see the product, and they keep asking questions. There's a muscle type of man. He's like, what else, princess, and Saber's like, nobody was talking to you. And Phil goes easy tiny and there are so many boxes and it's the whole warehouse is full of smokes, and Saber leaves Eddie behind and goes to look at the boxes. They keep talking business. It feels like a full Shark Tank episode. So they're shaking hands and then we see all these spy iPad computers. The signal isn't working, so they can't see what's going on in the warehouse, and Pedro goes, whatever we're charging in and Benson goes, what the fuck, Like they didn't do the signal yet, stop you know my friend could be in danger, but he doesn't care, and he's yeah, He's like, I don't I don't care. So Benson size they all head in. Boom boom, boom. They're still doing the business deal. It's three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Bam.
Speaker 2: The cops come in, all hands up. Eddie takes the chance to run and the FBI man runs after him. Eddie slams him with a pipe. He's bleeding on the ground. Eddie gets away and then Bloody Boy says, well, we did the bust, and Saber goes, well, there goes my killer, and you know, Stabler and Benson or the hospital check on Pedro. Benson gets a call from Finn as Stabler approaches him a baby boy. I'm calling Pedro baby boy, and Pedro is apologizing for going in too fast and that he's sorry. Stabler's not having it. It doesn't matter how many times you say sorry. My Ada is gonna flip out for losing this guy, and he's like, yeah, yeah, I screwed up.
Speaker 4: Let me alone, So Finn.
Speaker 2: Finn's messages that the gun wasn't at the homeless shelter and his sister Peg has not seen Eddie either, so they're like, you know his ass, where can we find him? He goes, I don't know, the Bahamas. He's like he was singing of retiring. They're like, retiring this guy is. He goes to the homeless shelter. He needs cash? What do you mean the Bahamas? Stabler gets an idea. His eyes go wide. They know where he needs to go get more money. Luke ronson he owns him five grand. The trial did fall apart. He never paid Eddie all the money he owed him, and they were right. So Benson and Stable arrive. We would hear both their voices. Eddie has a gun to his head and he's trying to get cash out. Luke is inn a vest. Eddie says, Stabler, give your car keys and me and the rapists are going to go for a ride.
Speaker 4: And they're like, are you dumb?
Speaker 2: We're not letting that happen, and he says my way or his brain hits the wall, and it's like, okay, well we want him to die anyway, so we don't care. He keeps screaming, threatening and they're like, we'll kill both of you. We don't give a shit, and we have a perfect shot Eddie gets scared, so they arrest him and the gun he had on him is the right gun.
Speaker 4: It's a match.
Speaker 2: We're in cemet room bars and they're like, you're going down for murder one, you're going away for life. He says, I want a deal. I can give you evidence that he rapes a net and they're like nice. Try, They're like, she's dead. There's no case because there's no testimony, and Sherry goes, no, we did a preliminary hearing and Luke's lawyer did cross examine her, so the testimony can be read to the jury, but we do need corroboration. And that's when Eddie says, yep, pop goes the weasel and the deal will be twenty five years instead of life. And you know he could get out, so you have and give us the scoop. It's a good deal, and he wants even better, and she says final offer, and they all turn around to leave and he bites.
Speaker 4: So he goes Luke and I went out.
Speaker 2: We made the deal to harass her, and he told her all the details of the rape, how he drugs her, got her into the back room, and how sweet it was and so stable asked, did he ask you to shoot a net? He goes, no, I smoked that bitch on my own. So he is a killer and fuck off, he goes, she had it coming. He's disgusting. They look at him like the scum he is, and they say we got a deal and plan to leave, but he says, well, if you turn it down to murder three, then I haven't even juice your story where he got the gun he used to shoot her. So they go to Pedro Pescal and he's like, what's up and they go, well, we're not here for a pat on the back, and they show him the gun. He denies knowing what it is, and the bosses like, oh, you sure about that, and finally Pedro has a look of worry on his face. So they're in cement room bars with Pedro and they tell him that Eddie says that he got the gun from you. He's like, wow, you guys are idiots for believing him, and they say no, you're an idiot for giving a gun to a known felon. So he keeps denying it and the boss finally leans down and goes, okay, well, then tell me how this gun is the missing gun from short Fuse, which was an undercover plan from last year in Texas where they gave weapons to Mexican arms smugglers, hoping to track their movements through certain drug cartels. And then one gun was used to kill a border patrol agent. And that's this gun and it was a bad op, says the boss. Pedro gets loud and bangs on the table and says it was a good op. Eddie says, the only way we could figure out how drug runners were getting their supplies. And then when it all fell apart, Pedro asked for a transfer up there to Texas. He scooped up all these guns, scratched off the serial numbers, and a year later the heat died down and you got a new job, and you gave it to your c I Eddie, and Eddie told him he was going to use it for production. And Benson goes, and who's the idiot now, He's like, what the NYPD don't have informants and Sailor raises his voice, Yeah, and we don't hand over our weapons to them. He says he didn't know he was gonna use it to kill that woman, but Benson says, until he did, that's why you let him clock you at that crowbar because you wanted to make him and the gun go away. He knows he's been got. He's a bad guy. He starts to beg and say how they don't understand, but they do, and he's just you know, he's just as responsible for a net steth. His boss takes his gun and his badge and goes, you're done. Stabler cuffs his ass. He looks at his boss like you're gonna let them do this, and he goes yep, and then I'm gonna shake their hands when they're finished, and his baby Fait, you know, he's gone.
Speaker 1: It is wild too that he just put his whole career on the line for like a cigarette bust. It's not like it's like, oh, I'm saving all these traffic children or like anything like that. It's like it's cigarettes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah. And they put him into the cage.
Speaker 2: At the pre Sainton, Eddie and Luke, you know, it's a big ass gross party start yelling at each other. Sister Peg is there talking to Benson and and then Stabler walks over after he locks them up, So Sister Peg has even more evidence. She has photos of Annette and the daughter she found with Eddie's shit and Eddie's handwriting and has her addresses written down and all the places she at. We're hoping this gives Jenna some closure. Then Finn is holding the phone and says, wow, you can actually tell Jenna in person.
Speaker 4: She's downstairs.
Speaker 2: She's on her way up, so she walks for the elevator and Olivia meets her, like, hey, girl, I was just gonna call you. She's like, I heard you found my mother's killer. And it's Eddie and he's a lifelong criminal. He sucks. Luke hired him. And she asks them about Luke and she's happy that his trial's back on. She asks where they are now, and they're like, honey, you know, twenty feet away in the cage. She walks in besides Benson and sees the men in there, and she stares them down. She heads back to the elevator and she's a little shaky and like fucked up. Benson walks back into the office and then we hear bang, bang bang. We see Jenna like Jenna is holding a gun. She's shooting in the cage, full gunfire. She shoots the men in there ten gun shots a minimum but so many bangs and after the cage, though, she points out, she shoots sister Peg in the chest.
Speaker 4: Sister Peg goes down.
Speaker 2: Stabler is behind her and behind a desk holding a gun and he has to shoot Jenna dead because she won't stop or drop the gun. So Benson's trying to help sister Peg. She's in shock. Jenna's crying and deciding whether to put the gun down or not. But Eddie's not dead yet, and he calls her a crazy bitch and then says I should have killed you with your mother. So she picks the gun up, and right before she could shoot him again, Stabler shoots her right in the middle of her stomach. He runs to her kicks the gun out of her hand. There's blood coming out of her mouth. A Stabler holds the back of her head up and she says, I just bought it off the street. It was easy. She struggles to breathe. She's dead. She shot a team dead. Benson's mouth is still open, fully in shock. Stabler is like, damn, I killed a child. The precinct is in commotion and everyone running around, and then that's the end.
Speaker 1: It's the last moments of Stabler That's the last we see of Stabler until he comes back in season like twenty three as the whatever Return of the Prodigal Sun or whatever, when he comes back for his spinoff. But like, yeah, the last thing we see is a Stabler nightmare, him cradling a teenage girl dead that reminds him of his daughters.
Speaker 4: That's he killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a performance, What an episode. It's a goetic. The cages, the depths of destruction, and yeah, I'm really interested in what you're gonna be talking about.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a lot I did not know, but here we go. Let's get into it. So yeah, I did. Right at the top, I was like, sadly, this episode is trying to make a statement about gun control. In twenty eleven and thirteen years later, guns are still an illness that we have in the United States. But one of the references that this episode is making, I think, is to the Nicole Duframe case.
Speaker 2: This happened when I lived in New York City. The name sounds familiar, but I have no idea what this is.
Speaker 1: I had just moved to New York six months before this happened in January of two thousand and five. Two couples were walking home from drinking having a good night. A bunch of teen muggers like approached them. They'd been mugging a bunch of people in the area. There were guys and girls in the group of muggers, and they started messing with them. They pistol whipped this girl, Nicole's fiance. Then she got in their faces and she kept saying, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Shoot us?
Speaker 1: And she said it twice before Rudy Fleming, who was like maybe the leader of the pack but he had a gun, fired a shot into her chest and she died within minutes in her fiance's arms. And the story was like everywhere because it was like so tragic, so senseless. She was kind of trying to stand up for her friends and for herself, and it's like kind of what it's what happened to Anette in the episode, essentially like just give them your purse. Just let them take what they want, you know, don't start like an altercation. Is kind of the message that this case and this episode is probably given. Although in this episode that guy was gonna kill her anyway, but yeah, yeah, she gave the pursa Yeah, yeah, they were just trying to steal shit from them in this one. But yeah, this like this was in the paper like every day that I would read about this, like it was a really really big tragic thing. She was also I think she'd been an actress. She was like a beautiful white woman. So obviously that gets very highly publicized. So that was all over the news when I first moved to New York. But then and I'm getting to a final crime that this is based on, but this is also references the ATF gun walking scandal, which the operation that they call short Views is referencing the atfeal.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so gun.
Speaker 1: Walking is essentially letting criminals come and buy weapons and then walk with them, quote unquote like walk away with the weapons, especially if they're buying them in large quantities, so that they can get traced back to the criminals who buy them. So in two thousand and six, the ATF launched a project called Project gun Runner, and it was aimed at identifying criminal activity in Mexico and reducing border violence and drug and gun trafficking. And then there was Operation Fast and Furious, which was what the ATF called a bunch of Arizona cases under Project gun runner and that started in nine.
Speaker 4: So basically they give people guns just to track up.
Speaker 1: Well no, like basically, the ATF would encourage these gun dealers. Like the gun dealers would call the ATF and go, hey, this like sketchy guy is like trying to buy all these guns, Like I don't think he like it seems like a huge quantity for just a guy who's hunting or whatever, and uh, they would call the ATF and the ATF would go would say go ahead, go go along with the sale. And then they would ask them to sell to these same customers over and over again and then provide them with serial numbers and information about the buyers. They would give that all to the ATF. And at one point they were even trying to GPS track They were trying to put these GPS trackers on the actual guns themselves, but like the batteries all died out, like they didn't have the technology, so.
Speaker 4: Like it didn't work.
Speaker 1: And then they thought that they could lead this to bring them down, to bring them back to like somehow this would lead them to the big players in these cartels and they could bring some of these Mexican cartels down. The whole operation was a hot mess, like it didn't take down any major players. They lost track of two thousand guns, including hundreds of AK forty seven type like semi automatic weapons, and no one told Mexico shit, like Mexico had no idea this was going on. They weren't like working with them, like it was bad. So then in late twenty ten, a Border Patrol agent named Brian Terry did get killed in Arizona, just like they said in the episode, except it wasn't Texas. It was Arizona in real life, near the border allegedly by the articles I read said illegal aliens, but I mean undocumented people armed with at least two AK forty seven variant rifles trafficked by the Fast and the Furious suspects who had not been arrested by the ATF. So the public was not told about the link between Terry's murder and Fast and the Furious, and nothing about the gun walking was public either, And it wasn't until people came some whistleblowers came forward. They took it to Congress, and this all came to light and Charles Grassley, who's like a Republican senator from Iowa. In early twenty eleven started investigating the ATFS controversial gun walking practice. Eric Holder was the Attorney General at that time under Obama and the House. The House actually held him in contempt, which had never happened before, like an attorney general had never been held in contempt of Congress, which Eric Holder got. The Republicans were investigating. They all thought Obama knew what was happening, and he was up for reelection in twenty twelve. And then eventually Obama's administration withdrew an executive privileged claim and turned over documents relating to the whole controversy. And then when we're when Democrats took over again were re elected in twenty twelve, like it just they just kind of didn't investigate it anymore and it was just kind of considered a major flop, like the whole thing Floppiana.
Speaker 4: So that's the ATF gone walking scandal.
Speaker 1: But case I want to get into, because this is a kind of a this is a crazy This is like a famous case that I had never heard anything about, but famous for a certain reason is the case of Marvin Gabrion So in Cedar Springs, Michigan on August sixth of nineteen ninety seven, an eighteen year old girl named Rachel Timmerman was invited to play cards by a family friend named Wayne Davis and a classmate named Mikey Gabrion. Rachel, at the time had a six week old daughter named Shannon, So Mike and Wayne go to pick up Rachel along with Mikey's uncle, Marvin gabrieon the second Immediately why is there a random uncle hanging out with a bunch of teens, But en route to the game, Marvin forces the other two guys out of the car, like when they stop to get beer or something, and then he drives off with Rachel, takes her to a secluded area and does sexually assault her.
Speaker 4: The next day, Yeah, fucked up. Fucked up. The next day, August.
Speaker 1: Seventh, even though she was very scared, She's like, this guy's gonna kill me, Like I shouldn't do, I shouldn't say. She did report the rape to the Nowago County Sheriff's Department, and Marvin Gabrielle was arrested and charged, and he was forty four around the time that he was set to stand trial, which was the following year. In June of nineteen ninety seven now. In May of nineteen ninety seven, the month before the trial, Rachel calls the police twice to say that she's afraid for her life, like she's very scared that he's going to do something to her.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: June third, nineteen ninety seven, two days before the rape trial is set to start, Rachel leaves the house with her eleven month old daughter, Shannon. She tells her family that she's going on a date with a guy she met at work.
Speaker 4: John.
Speaker 1: She brought Shannon because the guy specifically asked her to red flag and then her father gets a letter like the next day, the family's like, that's weird.
Speaker 4: Where is she? Her father gets a letter saying, I met the man in my dreams. I'm eloping and I'm leaving town.
Speaker 1: A few days later, they get another letter that's postmarked from Little Rock, Arkansas, and she says, ME and Shannon are starting a new life in Little Rock and these letters are in her handwriting. The prosecutor and the judge in the case also get letters in Rachel's handwriting saying that I made up the rape accusation.
Speaker 4: I want to drop the charges.
Speaker 1: And her family thought this was all like legit and no one really looked into it, like she was never really declared a missing person. A month later, July fifth, nineteen ninety seven, a pair of turtle hunters I didn't know people were hunting turtle discovered Rachel's decomposing body floating in Oxford Lake in the Huron Manistee National Forest, which is a federal government owned forest. She had duct tape, so she never made it to Arkansas because that's Michigan, right, So yeah, this is all Michigan. She was never in Arkansas. She had duct tape over her eyes and her mouth. Her hands were handcuffed behind her back. Chains were wrapped around her torso and tied to cinder blocks used to weigh her down. And I guess like the reason she rose to the top was like bacterial gassing, like when the body like let's go of all the gases, and like she rose up to the top even though she was tied down.
Speaker 4: The medical examiner, this is so dark. The medical examiner.
Speaker 1: Said that the cause of death was asphyxia by drowning and that she was alive when she went into the lake. So he just threw her into the lake and then the baby Shannon was nowhere to be found. Gabrieon is obviously the prime suspect. Police went and searched his home. They found keys that matched the padlock used to secure her body to the to the chains, as well as concrete blocks that were stained with the same paint as the ones that were tied to her body and retrieved from the lake. The nephew, Mikey Gabrieon's to say, hey, like, what the the Oh my god, the gil like, I know, like was this note as a creepy uncle?
Speaker 4: Like, well, I'll get into a little bit more of the guy's backstory.
Speaker 2: The nephew so fun and the lot like this girl just gets oh my god, this I know, it's horrific.
Speaker 1: It's horrific, and like the baby was she just had this like little baby and it's so sad. The nephew took them to this campsite that his uncle used a lot, and when they were there they found his tent with bolt cutters, chain duct tape, a woman's hair clip, and silicon nipples for baby bottles, so he had obviously.
Speaker 4: Taken them there.
Speaker 1: It also came to light that Gabrieone had a friend, a handyman named John Weeks, and weeks girlfriend said she knew gabrieon as Lance, like that was like an alias he went under. She also said that she had caught John on the phone talking to a girl named Rachel, but he told her, oh, I'm just setting her up on a date with Lance. So Weeks is the guy that Rachel was going on on the date with. Like Rachel, It's unclear whether she knew they were friends, but she obviously had no idea that Gabrion was setting this all up like much in the same way as you know Luke was setting up Eddie to go fucking harass Annette. He sends his friend to go take her out on a date like lure her. Multiple people later, like I think, multiple people testified to seeing Weeks, Gabrion, and Rachel around Oxford Lake the day after her disappearance. John Weeks was never seen again, and Gabriel is believed to have been the last to see him alive in June of nineteen ninety seven, around the same time that you know Rachel went missing. Also, Wayne Davis, the family friend who picked Rachel up the night of the rape and was set to testify in the rape trial, he had gone missing in February of nineteen ninety seven, so five years later, in July of two thousand and two, canoeists found his body in twin Wood Lake, in the same National Forest where Rachel was found. So gabriel had also lived in the house of a guy named Robert Allen who had gone missing in nineteen ninety five. But don't worry, Gabrielle took care of cashing all his Social Security checks and living in his house until nineteen ninety seven, and then he got busted on that. So now he is the prime suspect in the disappearance of Weeks, Alan and Davis, but he hasn't been charged in any of these murders or because, I mean with Weeks and Alan they never found a body, and then with Davis they didn't find his body for five years.
Speaker 4: It might be hard to tie him to it.
Speaker 1: But after they found Rachel's body, Gabrielle himself was missing for two months like they couldn't find him, and then finally authorities got a tip that he was going to be cashing a Social Security check in Sherman, New York, so they busted him at the post office in Sherman, New York, ROBERTA. Gilligan, who's like a retired special agent for the FBI, told Oxygen quote, he was very uncooperative. At times, he would try to be charming, but it was unnerving to be around him. He did seem evil end quote. Shannon has never been and it is widely believed that Gabrion killed her. Of course, investigators believe he used the threat of harming Shannon to get Rachel to write the letters saying I'm fine, I want to drop the charges whatever, And allegedly Gabrione told fellow inmates that he killed the baby because he didn't know what else to do with her. So I don't know if because of no body they didn't charge him with hers. But in two thousand and two, Gabrion did go to trial for Rachel's murder. At trial, his defense attorneys, well maybe not at this trial, actually at one of his appeals. Eventually, his defense attorneys try to bring up his tough upbringing, like he grew up in crazy poverty, like he was the youngest of all these kids, his whole family would beat up on him, like he was apparently being forced to box siblings when he was four years old. There was tons of substance abuse and violence in his home. He was neglected by his parents. But as a child, a lot of people testified that he was very intelligent, and he was very kind. He helped care for elderly relatives, and he also cared for an intellectually disabled cousin that he had. He had an IQ of one hundred and twenty one, which one of the articles I read said is the lower end of various very superior intelligence. But after he graduated high school, he suffered quote an astonishing number end quote of brain injuries in up to fourteen car and motorcycle crashes. And this is where people start to say his personality change, like he became a different person. He was drinking, Yeah, he was drinking a ton. He was homeless, He would start bar fights. He had nine arrests for drunk driving, and after his arrest for the murder, he started like writing in code that no one could understand. He wrote letters to his lawyers begged him to stop, but he wrote letters to the judge, to prosecutors, to the victims family, to the Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, who by the way, was dead, to the owner of the Dallas Mavericks like he was just he heard voices.
Speaker 4: He was trying to take his own life.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, there's a pretty good case here for someone that has like a traumatic brain injury at the very least, if not other mental health issues. And his defense team tried to highlight the head injuries as a cause for the violence. And he was prone to violence. He had a history of assault and sexual assault. And the jury saw this violent nature firsthand when he punched one of his own defense attorneys, David Stebbins, in the face in open court. So he also tried to He attempted to fire his counsel and represent himself, and the judge denied it. The judge was like, he's been so disruptive this entire case that if he is allowed to represent himself, it will only get worse. I mean, his behavior was wild. He filed a ton of bonkers motions. He was cursing, he was aggressive. He was convicted, and he was sentenced to death. However, this is interesting, Michigan abolished the death penalty in eighteen forty six. The United States versus Gabriel is considered a landmark case for its use of the death penalty in a non death penalty state. The reason was Rachel's body was found on federal land. Remember I mentioned before that this was a government owned forest, a federal land, so it became a federal crime, and he was tried in federal court, and Gabriel was the first person in the US to get the death penalty for a crime committed in a non death penalty state since the federal death penalty came back was reinstated in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 4: It's so funny I did like a.
Speaker 1: Paper on the death penalty I in like nineteen ninety, probably like when I was like an elementary school kid. And it's probably because this was like in the conversation, because it was coming back. Like I don't think I even realized that in nineteen eighty eight the death penalty came back, or that it had even ever been gone.
Speaker 4: So that's I guess why I'm writing papers about it. Anyway. He was also the first.
Speaker 1: Person to be sentenced to death in the state of Michigan since nineteen thirty seven. So his defense tried to argue that it was possible she was killed outside the park and just disposed of there, but the jury was like, no, she was killed inside the park. I mean probably because the emmy said that she was alive when she went into the water. So if she drowned in that lake, it's the forensics would bear that out. So he appealed in twenty eleven and the conviction was upheld, but the sentence was overturned. But then in twenty thirteen, the Sixth Court Circuit of Appeals overturned the earlier decision and the death penalty was reinstated. So he sat on death row at the United States Penitentiary in Terre Haute, Indiana for a long time, and then eventually he was moved to the US Medical Center for Federal Prisoners in Springfield, Missouri, and that's where he still is. And he's seventy one years old, and according to the Death Penalty Information Center, Gabriel is the only Michigan inmate awaiting the death penalty, And.
Speaker 4: So they might still kill him in Springfield, Missouri.
Speaker 1: Yes, because it's a US Medical center for federal prisoners. I wonder if it's somehow got commuted because of mental health stuff. Like if you I looked him up in the federal lockup and it still says death, it still says like death penalty like under him. So it's like they didn't commute it, but they might be trying to just kind of kick it down the field until he dies of natural causes because he's been there for dude that like asked her out on a date. Weeks disappeared. No one has ever found They never found him. And I killed him.
Speaker 4: I mean I killed him. He killed the baby, he killed her because he rapes her. An't no fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Weeks is probably the inspiration for the Eddie Skinner character, but Gabrieon is the psycho, whereas I think that Eddie Skinner is also the psycho. And it's like they've sort of merged that, you know, like Luke didn't want to hurt this woman. I don't think he just wanted her to like not testify. Yeah, but we'll hurt her more than he already heard her. But yeah, it's wild. I just like I didn't know any of this, like federal death penalty on federal land and you know, so, but I wonder if it's like I mean, yeah, I don't know if they're trying to like anything I could find that was the most updated was really from like twenty twenty two, and it was all about how he was just kind of still awaiting Jath penalty.
Speaker 4: Crazy. Yeah, so that is.
Speaker 2: Bad on that, but one fucking looneitune and your life is over. It's so scary, I know, but but I'm also like, I don't know, it's family dynamics are so unique and stuff, but like, there's no way in hell I could just mess it, like write a letter to my parents being like, hey I eloped, I'm good, peace out, Like that just wouldn't really work in my household, I know, but I know everyone's like different. Yeah, she's like because we've seen this on SVU where they're like she's in the Peace Corps and I get a letter once in a while and I'm like, what, yeah, in what world is I know?
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 4: She's in Arkansas.
Speaker 1: What I think It's like they, well, in one of the articles I read, it said, well, we didn't like it, but she's an adult, Like what could we do? And so because at that point she's nineteen, and I don't know, it's like the it's like the one, it's like the what we just did in the tunnel Blind episode where that girl was just like my mom, I'm going to New York and like the mom was like, I don't like this, but I don't know what I can do about it.
Speaker 4: You're nineteen years old.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. But we do have a great guest to clutch. It has so long, long time coming. Yeah, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Our guest today is actually a friend of ours that we've been wanting to get on the show forever. She is an actor who's been featured in shows like Sons of Anarchy, Lie to Me, United States of Tara. She's also in horror movies like The Conjuring and Agnes. But you know where today as the gun wielding teen who didn't get to go to prom but did get shot by Elliott Stabler Jenna Fox. Guys enjoy our chat with the lovely Haley McFarland.
Speaker 4: Hi, Yeah, Hi, Hi, the time has come. I can't believe years in the make it.
Speaker 1: I know we've been at least I have been avoiding pouncing on you at parties for years to ask you a million questions about SVU, And now we can finally do it in a professional capacity, and I'm very excited, well awesome.
Speaker 2: Because not many people can say that they were in, like Christopher Maloney's final episode and he shot you dead.
Speaker 4: I mean it is like wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's something that I will brag about two strangers. Like I'm not like to think about the thing like the acting stuff that I do that much, but that's one.
Speaker 4: That I will be like, well you murder sister Peg.
Speaker 1: I mean I would say you're like in the top in the layd like SVU. Historical characters like that are outside of cast. I mean, like you, you altered the course of the show because I mean, even though it was about contrastable stuff like Maloney, like Stabler's character doesn't come back because.
Speaker 4: I think he's so rocked and he had to kill a sixteen year old girl, and but I was, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I wish you know, it was it was poetic because you got to like cough blood and you know Maloney's arms. Yeah, but I'm on your side, you know. I like that you were able to shoot those guys that were in one cage ready for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. How old were you? How old were you here? I was I was twenty at the time. I think I just hearded twenty okay, And were you in New York? La are you a theater kid. What's your journey?
Speaker 5: Oh? I well I was a I was like a musical theater kid in Oklahoma growing up.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's what your Wikipedia Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: So that like you got kind of dragged over into regular acting, but you were a musical theater kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 5: I I always wanted to be and I wanted to do it all. But yeah, it just happened that a manager who knew my acting teacher in Oklahoma, a manager out in LA was like looking for kids, and I was like on a tape that was sent over to him, and he liked me, and so I was yeah, I started going for kid.
Speaker 4: Like how old were you? I? Oh yeah, I was twelve twelve?
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was like uh when I.
Speaker 5: Started, it was like they would fax you the audition sides, like it was like just before Yeah so.
Speaker 4: You heard that, Like you heard that, like and you were like gotta get going star.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: We would.
Speaker 5: We would get the call and we'd have to like unplug that we didn't have like a send, you know, we'd have to unplug the phone line and then plug in the thing. It was a big I'd be waiting next to the fax machine. Like Christmas morning. She Wow, did you watch SVU like when you booked so, when you booked this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had watched. I had watched every season of it up until that point. I was a big fan.
Speaker 5: I was very excited and when I found out that it was the final episode, like I didn't like when I booked it, I realized I realized it was the final episode of the season and so.
Speaker 4: And I also had maybe seen like were there. I think there were.
Speaker 5: It's hard to remember so long ago, but I think there were articles saying that this was his final season.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but what we I don't remember at the time, but what we've heard from other people in interviews have told us that they didn't know that it was going to be episode, all the contracting stuff and then suddenly like he just was there for the.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I I well, knowing that it was the season finale, I knew there had to be something extra crazy that happened.
Speaker 4: So I remember, like, but even the like excited is.
Speaker 2: Intense, Like I feel like that would haunt me even just I don't know, it's a it's a haunting shootdown up top from top to it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a very intense. Every scene was very very intense. Was Eddie normal in life, that little Yeah, yeah he was.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: He was very cool.
Speaker 1: That guy works a ton. I looked up his IMDb. He's a huge he works all the time.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you a very funny story? I don't know. Yeah, well you tell us everything. We want to know everything. One of the the other guest actors was he was so.
Speaker 5: Nice and like enthusiastic, and he had helped another actor on it with they with an audition. He helped him tape an audition and I just remember he was so like pumped about how good this audition was. That he made the guy like show me the audition and it was an enthusiasm and like a sweetness that I was like, is this I mean, twenty year old me was like, is this like the first like thing he has ever done? Like he's he's just like so happy to be there and positive and kind. And I look afterwards, I looked it up and obviously it wasn't he'd been working a lot for a long time.
Speaker 4: But that ended up being Petro Pascal.
Speaker 1: He was my god.
Speaker 4: So he was so positive and like, yeah, I was just like he seems like new he that's so funny.
Speaker 5: He still had the he still had the energy of U obviously obviously he still does. It's like an enthusiasm. Yeah yeah, Apa.
Speaker 2: There's a current interview where they bring up Buffy and he remembers every single detail and that it helped get a sad car like he truly like loves all these things. And I can't believe you were like, yeah, this guy's a freak and now he's just jaded. Yeah, you were a jaded young twenty year old in the.
Speaker 1: Biz because he talked he talks about us for you too in interviews, Like he talked.
Speaker 4: About it fondly, like I think he yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was so.
Speaker 4: I just remember he was so like happy to be there and happy to like work how hard? Yeah, tell us how the shooting choreo went. You know, they had like the.
Speaker 5: Face like the blank like quarter rounds or whatever. And I had never shot a gun before, and so they had me like practice it a few times, like on the day once they had the firearms men there, and like I didn't anticipate being as afraid of guns as I learned I am. On that day, Like every time the guy would come and you know, they had they like show you like that there's that the front of the gun is plug and there's nothing in the in the chamber and whatever. And every time the guy would come up to like show me that stuff and like hand it to me and I would like put it in my in my belt, I would like start crying because I was just I just really I really don't like him. Yeah, I like they freak me out. And uh he was very kind and he like looked distressed every time.
Speaker 1: I'd be like okay, like yeah, I would probably feel the same, like I don't like them. I've never really I've never shot anything but like a rifle at summer camp for you know, like I've never and I would be scared and then you're pointing it at real people and yeah like yeah.
Speaker 4: And you see like the squibs and stuff go off.
Speaker 2: Like it was scary.
Speaker 5: Uh oh yeah, I had I like didn't anticipate. I had like nightmares about it for a little while.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how many times did you do this the whole shootout?
Speaker 4: Mmmm? I don't no, I can't remember that.
Speaker 5: It was like a full day of she like that they scheduled it out for a full day because it was there was so many angles and stuff. It was my first time having like my only time I think, having like a squib too, where like it you know, I get shot and it explodes, and that was I was nervous about that the first time. I screamed when it happened, which like I don't think happens when you actually get it.
Speaker 4: Maybe it does. Yeah, yeah, for sure they didn't. They didn't put that one in the I watched it back. They didn't put that take in the in the episode. And you spit out blood too, mm hmmm, what was that tasty?
Speaker 5: It's like usually like a corn syrup kind of kind of thing. It's never it's like it's viscous in a way that is not pleasant.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's funny that you mentioned corn syrup. I made my own blood when I went to Joe's Halloween party right before pandemic when.
Speaker 4: I was a move at homes. So I had a little viol of blood and I made it very enough. So, yeah, you guys are a Halloween couple. Yes, I like uh, I like haunted houses.
Speaker 5: I like going to you know, the like Halloween horror nights and yeah, not scary farm.
Speaker 4: I went to this year very fun.
Speaker 1: I want to there next year. I heard that's really good. I've done Halloween horror nites twice, but never not scary, and I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it was great. And Joe likes hosting parties and dressing up. Yes, I like decorating, so I can decorate, he can, and then once the party starts, I just kind of become a partygoer and he takes over hosting duty, which is great.
Speaker 4: You're like, I don't know where ice is, I don't know how to find more drinks. I'm sorry. Wow, I would like to dive into the catalog. So I made a list.
Speaker 2: I went to the IMDb I made and I'll just say, a show, you're in a lot of like beloved shows, and then you'll tell.
Speaker 4: Us something about it. Okay, all right, I'm gonna Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 5: Gilmore Girls. That was the first TV or film thing I had ever done out in LA. It was the first part like part that I've done a couple of commercials up until then, but it was my favorite show and it was just like a complete, like surreal dream to be on it. Like I still I'm one of those people who will like watch it in the fall. I like, I really enjoy it, but I have to there's something like the two episodes that I'm in, I just skip those two because it like messes with my like dream world.
Speaker 4: So I just like, I just you know, I just watch it. That's so fun, and I skip those two episodes. Okay, So yeah, You're like, that takes me out of it.
Speaker 1: It's like when I see an Ectron SVU that's already played a killer and now they're playing like a lawyer.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this is taking me out of it. So that oh, you see yourself would take you out. I know, that's what I'm hoping for. I hope they I hope they bring me back. Someday. They will bring you back.
Speaker 1: Someday they've got I mean, I don't know, though, You're so this part is so iconic, but I think they will. It's like it's been literally double as many episodes. It's like Anothery're on season twenty six.
Speaker 2: So Kelly Bishop from we both it's our blind Spot and neither of us have watched Gilbourg girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so people will be like, you didn't talk about it enough and.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, because Kelly Bishop's in an episode where she gets killed and we we're just like, oh, she's great, Yeah she does Broadway blah, oh we don't mention Gilmore Girls. And they went off. They were so mad. So here we are refilling their Gilmore Girls tank with you. That's so exciting. And wait, can I say one Sons of Anarchy? I'm a huge I was a huge fan of Sons of Anarchy. I completely never put it together that you were Brooke, Like I just I watched that whole I watched it before I knew Joe or you or anybody, and so like I didn't, and now I'm like, oh, yes, you were like rat Boy's girlfriend, right, mm hmm, yeah, how was that?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 4: It was very very cool.
Speaker 5: I've I've never That's like maybe the thing that I get recognized for the most. Really it's it's it has a lot of people love that show and they're scared, like no, no, they're usually very cool people to watch. It's yeah, I I I've only watched the first couple of seasons because it is it gets very violent and that like.
Speaker 1: So violent, Like there are scenes from that show that I still think about how violent.
Speaker 4: They are are, like haunting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I was able to watch the last season because I had read a lot of the scripts and so I knew what was going to happen, because usually it's like the tension of like somebody being and you know, like and that that's the thing that I that I can't handle, and so I was able to watch it. It's it's crazy what people can get it on cable, can show on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like I was always I mean I watched it all pretty much after the fact. I like that it was on or I caught up and then I caught up with like the last season or something. But I was like, you know, this is on my computer, but this feels like too much for cable. But wait, so what's the story with this show? Lie to me because that was like a huge series regular. Oh my god, the photo of you with Tim Row, Like, I have such a crush on him. I am obsessed with him, and yeah, I would like to know a lot of information.
Speaker 4: Oh he's terrific.
Speaker 5: It was, Yeah, it's the it was like the first kind of series the only series regular thing I have I have ever done. I played his daughter on it, and he is like a human light detector in the show. I'm his one blind spot. He can't help it lying or like he can, but like if he can, he like doesn't know how to, you know, I make and promise that he'll never use his techniques on me or what it was.
Speaker 4: It was very very I had so much fun with him.
Speaker 5: I Yeah, he and I got along really well, and like he you know, he basically treated me like his daughter.
Speaker 4: We had We had so much fun.
Speaker 5: He was actually in he just happened to be in New York, uh, working on something else when I was doing my episode of SVU, And so we like met up and hung out when we were there because it was like around the time I think it light to me had like ended was around then until we were still like talking a whole bunch.
Speaker 4: And yeah, we like a little in New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we like freaked people out a couple of times, like going to restaurants or whatever, and they'd be like.
Speaker 4: What are what what are you doing here? Are you together? Like they thought we were actually uh father and daughter and you were like a teen when you did that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had like maybe I just turned eight. I was like just about to turn eighteen when I started doing that. It was like seventeen to nineteen or twenty.
Speaker 4: I kind of want to do a fuck Mary kill with the guys in the cage.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Pedro, Pascal, the guy Eddy, Eddie, and then the rapist hair drop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he gotta kill Luke. Yeah, you gotta guy now in a rapist Yeah, number one. What do you think Mary Page Pascal?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And then I guess you just have to have a romp with Eddie. But it's not Yeah, but Eddie's cute. He's got a sense of humor. He's just on the wrong side of the tracks exactly. He's like the sad track list almost dude we've ever seen honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like an Ali Kat in a Disney movie or something. That guy totally well yeah, Pedro selling the guns to the I mean, what a dynamic episode to be a part of. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: And you know this is going to I feel incredibly dumb admitting this, uh, but I watched it back last night and I never thought about how the episode is called Smoked and they're doing like cigarette uh illegal cigarettes uh involved in you know, like they say like I smoked the bitch.
Speaker 4: That's like the line. But also they are it's a cigarette sting.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about it till that they I didn't think about that either, but that is like, so I feel like they're always trying to like add little layers and.
Speaker 2: Stuff and like, well, because this was also the showrunner, Neil Bear's final episode, you know, he left, and so yeah, that's like a nice that's fair him on the way out, I would say, yeah, now.
Speaker 5: Now here's something that I believe, Like I believe I was told on set, or maybe I just read it after the fact, but it was Neilbhaar's last episode, and I think somebody told me that he had created the character of Sister Peg, he had written her first episode.
Speaker 4: We might have to go back and check this. That's probably true. We could double check.
Speaker 5: But yeah, they brought her back after like she hadn't been on for a few years, and they brought her back just so he could take her with him because he was leaving, and he was like, she's mine.
Speaker 4: If I can't have her, no one can. A little freak. But you might have to look that up and verify it first.
Speaker 2: Well, you're IMDb most current thing scare tactics. What is that? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I saw it on your Insta too. What's up? Yeah, a close friend of mine.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: They rebooted Scare Tactics and.
Speaker 5: With Monkey Paw uh Jordan Peele's production company, and so they were.
Speaker 4: You know making it. It's like as.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you had ever watched uh the old version of it, but it's it's like as silly.
Speaker 4: But they uh like the MTV show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was on I think Sci Fi, but they would like yes where they Yeah, they make you it's it's a prank show where they make you think you're like living out like an actual horror movie. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's crazy because like it was on the the early aughts and it was on Sci Fi and and it was first hosted the first two seasons by Shannon Doherty r I P. Then a season, then Stephen Baldwin, then Tracy Morgan. What a wild What a Wild Ride? And that was you know it's another guy. Yes, wait, so did they scare you? Were you scared?
Speaker 4: Thankfully?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I got really.
Speaker 5: Uh so, my my one of my very best friends, Mollie her husband Alan uh was the showrunner for like this new rebook and they were coming up.
Speaker 4: This was like one of the last uh.
Speaker 5: She is in a few of them. But this for one of like the last pranks they were doing. They shot it in in Atlanta. Uh, they were pranking some they were doing a tie in with WWE wrestlers and so.
Speaker 4: This some of the big ones.
Speaker 5: This, this guy called Cody Rhodes was pranking this group of wrestlers called the New Day And they they go in thinking that they're going to be like judges in a at the beginning of like an amaz race style show, and so they are just there to like give advice to the contestants, and one by one they were sending us down and they had you know, some actors go in and be like normal contestants for the show, and then I come out and I'm like freak and then like weird supernatural stuff starts happening and eventually scarcely.
Speaker 4: It was very It was very elaborate and there were like explosions and stuff. It was very crazy. Wow, what's going on? Okay? Wait, well before we I want to ask you what else you have going on?
Speaker 2: But I just want to know if you have any other like before we likes, I'd like to hear one.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was that? I thought that was really the only.
Speaker 5: The only real interaction I have with him is like after he's shot me, when I when I have my admission that I bought it off.
Speaker 2: The st.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that you. You taught us all a lesson on your way out. That was nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I thought that was so crazy that it was like this episode of twenty twelve or eleven and they're and like they're trying to make a gun control statement and it's like thirteen years later and absolutely nothing has changed.
Speaker 4: But you yeah, you also you know that because you watch the show.
Speaker 1: You know Stabler has teen daughters, so everything, like it must have just been an absolute mind fuck for this character to have to like shoot this poor teen girl who just lost her mom and everything.
Speaker 5: But yes, tell us the honestly, really, the only interaction that I had with him was when we were they were before they like poured the blood around me and stuff for the shot. We had kind of like a brief thing where we were just like I was laying on the ground and he was kneeling above me, and we had a nice little conversation about my my I had a pair of Doc Martins that I had bought kind of recently, and he complimented.
Speaker 4: He asked me where I got them? I got I got to tell him where I bought my Okay fashion king.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it like as a person who had watched every single episode up until that point, it was very uh obviously I still remember it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, it was very important to me that he liked my shoes. Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you're there, you're the positive Pedro Pascal person.
Speaker 4: Now it's cute. I'll come around full circle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, m h.
Speaker 4: Anything you'd like to plug, tell our people to find you, any sort.
Speaker 1: Of what's coming up. I saw you had some I MDB stuff that's like in coming out.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I have, I've done. I've been very lucky to have worked a fair amount this year. There are a couple of things that like, like a TV thing. I don't know if I'm loud. I signed a competenid and I don't.
Speaker 4: Know if I'm allowed to about an NDA project. Yeah, it should be coming out next year.
Speaker 5: I did a movie called Anywhere, like a little independent movie that hopefully will go to a festival or come out next year at some point.
Speaker 4: Joe and I have been doing our silly videos.
Speaker 5: We've been doing a lot of very cute, silly little videos on Instagram.
Speaker 4: I was watching they were so funny. We have a lot of fun doing them. And then are you guys busy eating kit kats or what?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, yeah, try and try and uh weird candies and stuff. You know, we're getting into like a prime candy season. You know, we just had Halloween, but now we're going into Christmas, so there will be a.
Speaker 4: Lot of stuff. I'm sure before you know it. It's easy. Keep me pretty busy. Yeah, seasonal candies are coming day.
Speaker 5: We have Scare Tactics is on Peacock and I think the I think there are full episodes on YouTube as well.
Speaker 4: All right, cool, I gotta see this wrestling crossover. Yeah, in all the world. Very fun.
Speaker 5: But I did get very scared, uh, I Like as soon as I got there, I kept asking my friend Molly, like, the prank isn't actually on me right, like I have several times because I told Joe if he ever plays a prank on me, I will break up with like, no questions asked, will break up with.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're like anti prank, I get they I can't do it. Yeah, I know he knows that he knows that if he branks you, it's done. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: This is kind of like you know on TikTok, like the cake wedding smash thing like this. You know, boundaries follow them.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, speaking of cake, I love the is It Cake video that you guys do. I was watching that last night and at the end I was really snorting.
Speaker 4: Thank you. But yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, So people can just follow you on Insta and hear about the future secret projects and watch your videos with joke was all a very talented comedian, your partner.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Thank you. This is great. I mean, she was incredible.
Speaker 2: It is fun to have a casual chat with someone you know, you know what I mean who remembers every single detail and cares about the show and the episode and everything as much as you do, but more because they experienced it. So really a thrill. But live on my phone so you can know when we are recording this. But Schwartz and Sandy's is closing.
Speaker 1: No, as I called, literally almost a year from the day, like I went there one year ago, like from two weeks ago before I went to the Mariah Carey concert and I was like, this place is not long for this world and it took a year to fizzle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just as Britney's opening a new bar in Weo too. Yeah, truly, twenty one minutes go, all these posts just went up. Yeah, so pretty cool. I mean, you'll you've all known this, but it is it is an exclusive in theory.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, wow, wow you heard it here first guys, except this comes out in a few days, so you'll have already heard it.
Speaker 4: But okay, great talking to Haley so fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love talking to somebody that like loves watching the show, like talking to Ricky and people.
Speaker 2: Yeah that she was on set being like, okay, Pedro Pescal gets some chill, you lose her, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Relax, act like you've been here. But episode like, oh my god, it's just in the top, like so much shit happen.
Speaker 4: She killed. It's like so fucked up.
Speaker 1: She like she kills sister, peg Stabler kills her. She does she even get the other guys like does.
Speaker 4: Does she does?
Speaker 2: Because then she really keeps getting him because he goes, I should have killed you with your mom, you know.
Speaker 1: So she gets so he does, she does kill him. Okay, he finally gets it. I'm like just wondering if any and then the other one goes like you crazy bitch, like they're all still mean to her. It's like, I don't know, why don't you still be nice to the person with the gun that's willing to keep shooting, like you'd be like you look cute, like save yourself.
Speaker 4: I don't know why you're not like buttering her up. It's so weird to keeping mean, uh yeah, yeah, not me. I'm not the guy. He's the guy. I don't know, like do something else.
Speaker 2: So strange all their decision making, but I guess they're just you know, criminals.
Speaker 1: But you can also kind of see I guess why Chris Maloney's even though we know behind the scenes that it was like a contract thing, but you can see why Stabler was maybe like I gotta get out of the game. I just killed someone my daughter's age, like, and.
Speaker 2: It is like okay, like obviously su is good, Dick Wolf's fine, everyone's fine. The show kept going, but loved we meet people that stop watching after Stabler, but it is just like, yeah, bosses are stupid, like why would you get rid of our guy? But then we wouldn't have met Tomorrow and Rollins and all these people like and crazy. I understand it all and it all works out and they needed him back, but it is just like embarrassing when talent is not I don't know, and he's he's so good.
Speaker 1: But I'll say this, it kind of shows how strong she is Murrisha Harget that she was able to carry it for another thirteen fourteen seasons after he left, And I don't know that it could have been the say, the other way around, Like I don't know if they had just hired like another QT to be like stablers under like my partner or something, if Mariushka had moved on, you know.
Speaker 4: So that in a way point because her the opportunity to flex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this happened to me a long time ago business wise, where I had like two people kind of split and I think one of was like, oh, everyone's gonna go with me, and then nobody did. And then now you realize like, oh, actually like this other one. Uh yeah, I don't know, it just it is monumental in the lore and it changed everything. But I was someone that's like, well, I'm not gonna watch and then obviously I did mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no for sure, and I just it's so funny that we just like see Jenna Fox when we're at parties sometimes and stuff like it's crazy, like I know this girl who had such a huge monumental thing like Stabler shot or she shot sister peg. But I was trying to think, like I don't know, the HTF gun walking scandal, like what did we learned from that? I mean, just botched jobs from the cops yet again, or the FEDS.
Speaker 4: I guess these are the FEDS, the FEDS.
Speaker 2: But it's also just like everything's about money. It's about all these government and business to do is just making money and everything sucks, and it's they're all going to be in charge of everything from now on, So get used to this kind of life. Get used to a government agency is not working and fucking you over more publicly less secrets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then this.
Speaker 1: That case with Rachel Timmerman so fucking sad, so sad because like she like I don't know, it's so hard for women to come forward and like then these kind of things, people like why don't you go to the cops. It's like, look what happened to this girl. Look what happened to this girl? Her rapist killed her and her child, Like It's just ough, tough, tough case. But I'm glad that he saw justice as so many don't. But he was a serial murderer, I mean, definitely responsible also for killing so many other people. I think he just thought he could just kill everyone involved in this case and be done with it. But I don't know what we really learned from it, just that there are so many monsters out there. I guess Marvin Gabriel as being one of them. And then this fucking new Nicole do Frame case, which I only touched on like gently. It's like I've stood up to people in this like I've never stood up to somebody that had a gun or was trying to like rob me, But I've like stood up to people in the city before and been like, hey, like leave this person alone or whatever. And it's just so scary to think that, you know, anybody could just whip out a gun and fucking kill you. And again, guns are the problem, but that could lead us right in to our what would Sister Peg do?
Speaker 4: Today? Are What would Sister Peg Do?
Speaker 1: This is our weekly segment where we direct you towards an organization or an article or a book or a movie, a doc something to give you more info about what we talked about today, and I wanted to point everybody to an organization that we have mentioned before, but I think they do amazing work and their mission bears repeating, every Town for Gun Safety. Every Town is the largest gun violence prevention organization in America. They are a grassroots organization that advocates on the government level for gun safety. They also support candidates that will govern for gun safety. They empower survivors with their Survivor Network. They measure the impact, scale, and implications of gun violence and the policies that can prevent it. So I think they do amazing work and for more info you can go to everytown dot org.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that, and next week we'll be doing Parents' Nightmare. Okay, sounds like fun Season sixteen, episode twenty two, you know Hulu Peacock and again the Christmas ornament or any of our merch for the Christmas season, be safe, ACAB have fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you guys, We love you.
Speaker 2: Bye. That's messed up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it that's messed uppod at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at Messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at Glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and to.
Speaker 1: Our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: And to Henry Koperski for our theme song, and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our executive producers Georgia Hardstart, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media.
Speaker 2: Dut dun