Speaker 1: Are we doing?
Speaker 2: Hang on hanger?
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, go ahead, do you want me to?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Welcome to episode Busting with the Boys, Episode two nine. Yeah, and then listen, boys. The football seasons might have ended, but we're still gonna root for our favorite team. That team is Chevy and their star player is the Silverado.
Speaker 2: Our player might also be in March Madness. You never know determination there's gonna be a team in there that represents represent that represents Cheffy.
Speaker 4: According JD Power, Chevy trucks have earned more New Vehicle awards than any other brand, and that has some serious hardware. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. Silverado is strong and dependable as the people who drive them. For JD Power twenty twenty two US award information is a JD power dot Com slash Awards. I wish I could read like that all the time. Go ahead and tell the people.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: We are in a group chat yeah with Matt to bed last night and I wake up to one hundred text messages on my phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from a group chat called chirp sash. It is myself, Taylor, Matt Sassman. Shout out the boy, Matt Sasmin sass. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's the security guard of Dana White.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And if you think he's like, who is Matt sasman, he looks like the rock guy from Fantastic Four, Like he's like a fat Dana White.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we get it going, and I was like, hey, Matt, I I oh, and Max Crosby, Max the boys in the is in the group chat as well, and I start the whole thing off. I'm like, hey, Matt, I added your photo as your contact and then just send a photo golum the Pokemon. Just get the thing started. And we're literally, like Taylor said a hundred text, We're just laying in bed. I'm just laughing, bro, because we're just all chirping. He's chirping the ship out of Max because Max, you know, he's got the jewelry on.
Speaker 1: He's like he's dressed like an five inch shorts going to AAU basket.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and we're just everyone's just killing each other.
Speaker 1: Taylor wakes up.
Speaker 2: Taylor sends a chirp out because I think Matt Taylor sends the Fantastic four gift and then uh, Matt, chirps us all you all do so much better over text than live. I'm happy to take the l and then starts chirping Max again, and Max only brought box of shorts and white forest.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 2: And then Taylor he's like, Max has never been known, Max has never been known around the league as the smartest guy. Just a completely athlete, and so we just put it the laughing thing on it. And then Matt goes better than just a regularly athlete. I reckon, I said, as you can read, as you can read here, neither has Taylor two specimens with just animal brains, and Taylor goes. The sad thing is I reread that text before I sent that. And then Matt also says group chats already got you sweating, double checking your fourth text out out the gate and just fumbling the bag and where everyone's just like laughing.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty stressful in there, dude. It's literally like war.
Speaker 4: You go to your phone, you go to that group chat's been around for twelve hours.
Speaker 2: Nothing better than a good group chat, man, I'm telling you, And that that right there, I think I have mine. Later this episode, in the intro from my shot out no free shout.
Speaker 4: Out, Oh no, well, we don't have shout out, no free shot. We have to your talk today. I thought we do shot out no free shot out of the showree shout out yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't know for a shot out to group chats. Am I right?
Speaker 4: Boys shout out? No for shoutout to group chats for real? No, it is Tuesday. Usually film this on Wednesday. But you're we're going to South Carolina. When you watch this, We're already coming back from South Carolina and I'm gonna put it out there. I think the trip was amazing. Oh, trip's gonna go. Yeah, trip was unreal. It was incredible. Dude, here one showed out at Tin Roof. Tin Roof was electric finding us of Nashville. Because there's a couple here. M we're gonna go to great what's that bar Jake's Jake's. Will probably head over to Jake's at some point. We did head over to Jakes one point. Was a great time.
Speaker 1: I got that chicken on a stick that's on the corner. Was the was the Jakes the bar we went to last time? What was the outdoor? With the outdoor? What's the weather like out there right now? A bitch chili?
Speaker 4: Fuck brother, it's it's March handle sixty. Is it gonna be sunny? Is all I care about?
Speaker 1: Come on, JP feet is something good bro Wednesday? It's sunny boys Wednesday. By the way, it was a great trip. It was sunny all day on Wednesday. It was amazing.
Speaker 4: Thursday it was partly cloudie. But whatever, dude, it's allgo. We were flying back anyway. Gets your tickets Austin Tech. We will be there next next Wednesday, March twenty second, Yes, March twenty second.
Speaker 2: We will be in Austin, Texas. Oh yeah, dude, get your tickets there live. The tickets are rolling right now. It's going to be at a comedy club. And right after our show, a guy named Joe Rogan. If I don't know if you guys have heard of him, he's also doing a show.
Speaker 4: He's got a he's got a decent podcast. We might stick around and watch it. Maybe shake his hand and shake his hand, do it. Do the man a favor.
Speaker 2: Text the entire group chat we have of just get all the boys in a group chat. Brian Callen, Burt Kreischer, Shane Gillis all.
Speaker 1: Over all the boys.
Speaker 3: Chandler.
Speaker 2: Chandler's been on a pod Chaandler, Daniel White, Dana everybody texts Rogan right now and say, hey, the boys. The boys are going to be there, like you need to shake their hand and potentially come on the bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we've already been told there's no way he's going to come on the bus. It's all about us getting on his show now. No, just means there's you know, there's opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No means there's opportunity. No, just means there's opportunity. That's all it means.
Speaker 2: No, just means there's opportunity in there somewhere. Make a graphic. I want that quote.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 4: I really feel like the move when we do meet Joe and blow his socks off is the start off by name dropping everyone that we also know exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing to do.
Speaker 2: Jo heard a lot about you, heard a lot about you from friends Christ for Dana White.
Speaker 1: We were just with Dana White last week. Yeah, great guy, Yeah, a great guy.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Man, did he gamble with you too? Did he invite you to Power Slot?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, that's crazy. We're pretty close with them. We're pretty close with Dana, but hey, maybe we should uh do shows together.
Speaker 2: They literally all tell us you should meet Joe Rogan and go on his podcast. We're like, a, you know, we'll meet the guy and see what he's like.
Speaker 4: And it's and it's so funny, like the delusion that they have that they're like, you guys should just go on his show, and it's like, Yo, you ac stually meet joy.
Speaker 1: Why have you guys been on the Joe Rogan experience?
Speaker 2: Who was who was it? That explains because of course every time that somebody's on that we have some money on that we know is boys with Joe.
Speaker 1: We're like, hey, you know, what's the Joe deal? With Joe?
Speaker 2: Oh? I forget who it was. But they're like if you once you won, you'll be on. It's more of like he's just gotta want you one. Unfortunately for you guys, he's not much of a football guy. Like he's he's in MMA, he's in outdoor stuff. Well, you you know, having the politicians and scientists of the world on.
Speaker 1: Well, people need to know this. Well, and I have talked about doing MMA.
Speaker 4: Actually we actually we did a little grappling I get Vegas and so it looks like we're getting into his world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, after this episode. I think I'm gonna go to Cabela's and get us both bow and arrows. We're gonna start learning how to speaking up dude.
Speaker 4: For whatever reason, I thought about your birthday September nineteenth. Yeah, I just want to say that, just well, that my birthday now. Yeah, I always say suchever seventy. But also I know what I'm getting me for your birthday and it's March, So.
Speaker 1: Should I not go get the bow and arrow?
Speaker 4: No, No, that just came into my head. All right, get the bow and arrow. We need to get good at that. Yeah, we need you get good at that. But it also plays into the Joe thing. So something to think about. What's going on, dude, what are we up to? What's our podcast today is? Brian Callen came on comedian obviously does Spider and the Kid, does a lot of stuff, has done some acting.
Speaker 1: His most prestigious role was the guy in The Hangover.
Speaker 4: No, he was the Hangover. He was the Hangover, was The Warriors him and Zach was the Joker. He was all of these movies. Yeah he's a stud. Yeah he's a fucking stud. Very funny individual, but very enlightening individual at the same time, dude, a lot of fucking deep conversations.
Speaker 2: I've never been so locked in on a conversation in my life. I think everybody who's listening right now you need to listen to this entire episode of Brian, Like the dude just spits nothing but wisdom. And I'm telling you, my mouth open just staring at him. You could hear the silence, you could hear this stuff going on outside of the warehouse. That's how quiet I feel like it was because we were all just locked in listening to, you know, his life experiences with everything.
Speaker 1: Him just putting game on us. Dude, Yeah, legit loves philosophy.
Speaker 2: He loves the philosophy world, I feel like more than all the comedy and everything else. But obviously he has a lot of funnies, high energy, uh, and he's a great time. But I think everybody's gonna get so much out of this episode. So if you're going in for some last there'll be some laughs in there, but your mind's gonna be blown with just conversation with this guy.
Speaker 4: I would suggest getting a notepad and a pen out just there you go, Yes, stuff that's about to happen to your life.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get a whole lot better. And that's legit. That's legit.
Speaker 2: You really should get a note at out and write some shit down.
Speaker 4: He's got a quote about a wolf, Dude, he's got a quote about a wolf at the door.
Speaker 1: I forgot it right now, but it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the wolf at the door is a luxury. The wolf at the door is luxury.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a luxury. Yeah yeah, no, uh, well yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: No, uh dude, no, uh the wolf at the door is luxury.
Speaker 2: But it's a Yeah, it's phenomenal. It's a great podcast. Do we have to your talks? Yeah, Jack. The good news for everybody listening that want shorter intros, You're about to have a shorter intro.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do believe that the majority do like our longer intros. They like our pre show to the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do love a pre show. What intro, the pre show, the intro to the show. Yeah, the appreciate to the show, these dumb motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a banger to your talk last week.
Speaker 5: What was there RHYMI?
Speaker 1: Again, it was a favorite albums best Oh yeah, that was.
Speaker 5: A lot of good responses.
Speaker 3: Online.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that one can go really any direction.
Speaker 6: I feel like I've got some lists for y'all we could do. I think we've done Days of the Week, correct, Maybe I don't think we have, So we can do best days of the week. We can do best social media platforms. This one going off of Birds episode Best People you would want to go out with? Like, it could be fictional or like a normal person, but someone you'd want to go.
Speaker 1: Out with, you know what I mean? The night hit the town?
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody you want to be a party with.
Speaker 6: It can be I'm saying, like a happy Gilmore or something like that, like, or it could be real, like a George W.
Speaker 5: Bush if that's your cup of tea. Nine to eleven wasn't inside job.
Speaker 6: But anyways, yeah, well any any any I like the last one.
Speaker 1: I like the I like the who would you want to go out with?
Speaker 7: Ya?
Speaker 5: I think I think that plays well with Burt.
Speaker 4: When you said the Burt Kriser thing, I thought it was me, who would you want to fuck?
Speaker 1: Because he has I.
Speaker 5: Think that's just where your head's at right now.
Speaker 2: Morning, at the.
Speaker 3: End of the day, I am what I am.
Speaker 5: Tier talk.
Speaker 6: Best person you would want to party with and it can be a fictional character or a real life character people, yes, fiction or non.
Speaker 1: Can we spice us up and say people we don't know? Oh yeah, that's sure. I feel like a god's here guy. Guy would be a Burt.
Speaker 6: Could be Yeah, and we could pay homage to him just because his episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I mean I don't think he's got here.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's not.
Speaker 1: Shane's a good time. You can't drink a beer wor ship, but he's a good hang. I know that. My head is just obviously in the episode, since we're.
Speaker 7: Talking about it, we're at a break right now, right, No, no, yeah, this is live.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when you put like animated or like fictional movie characters in the I don't know in it, like Shane and Bird do not make the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it changes the entire game.
Speaker 5: We could do a real one and then circle back.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I like this.
Speaker 4: Should we do Should we do fictional another week?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like that all right, And if you guys have ideas, if you're watching right now and you have ideas, drop him in the comments. Because there's never enough ideas for tear talk, never enough ideas for tear talk. We should probably find an email too that people can we can start, like, hey, email this to give us ideas for Tier.
Speaker 7: At one point, we need to do a best Wills. We need to do a best Wills and the best Taylor's just like Wills around Will Smith, Will Ferrell, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Keyler Lockner.
Speaker 4: He just said, JP, but that would be hilarious JP at BUSTONWTV dot com.
Speaker 7: Email that right now. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's.
Speaker 7: Not my email because Taylor just learned how to use email last week.
Speaker 4: All right, what is it I'm looking up? I will say right now, Big Breakley will be right back. We're back, JP, Tier talk. Greatest fictional characters to party with? You are up?
Speaker 1: Sir, Yes, sir yes, sir.
Speaker 7: My I took partying with as going out with h the night just then hanging out with them, honorable mention.
Speaker 1: Master Ugway.
Speaker 7: I've looked up to Master Ugay for a long time, and I think a night out with Master Ugay would serve me well and everybody that I know well. Tier three, I've never been in a in a bar fight before, so this person I'm choosing because they're animated. This is probably a fantasy scenario. Anyways, this is what I would want. By my side. Tier three is Popeye. Popeye would be a blast to go out with. Tier two Chicken Joe.
Speaker 3: Fuck you, bro, that's fucking.
Speaker 1: What what.
Speaker 3: Chicken Joe?
Speaker 7: Because I feel like we have a very similar vibe to each other. We're both like relaxed and just have a good time no matter where we're at. Don't let the things, don't let the little things bother us. And Tier one Patrick Starr. I don't think I need to elaborate on that. Everybody knows my love for SpongeBob. See there' SpongeBob or Patrick, And I'm going with SpongeBob.
Speaker 1: You're going with Patrick?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, I'm going with Patrick. Crazy SpongeBob ain't even make the list.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is my background. Yeah, I can't wait to see that clip.
Speaker 5: Behavior honestly, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Copied, creative copy copy.
Speaker 1: But I went first, young cartoon kid ship.
Speaker 2: Jackie.
Speaker 1: What do you got, buddy?
Speaker 5: My honorable mention.
Speaker 6: And I don't know if you guys even know these guys are, but I know I'm gonna hit the mographic out there. But it goes to the boys from New Girl Schmidt, Winston, Nick and Coach. It would be an electric night. And that's all I'm gonna say. Honorable mention.
Speaker 1: Honorable mention to three people.
Speaker 3: In their group.
Speaker 5: They remain as a group.
Speaker 1: He did ask that question while we were in time out, did he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We can do groups? Interesting?
Speaker 5: May I continue?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: I'd like to apologize to JP because my Tier three is Chicken Joe as well, and Chicken Joe would not want any hatred or negativity. All he'd want is positive energy and just a relaxing night, probably at a tiki bar somewhere, and we ended up in another country at some point, and that's just how it goes.
Speaker 3: So I'd like to.
Speaker 5: Formally apologize because that's how we roll.
Speaker 6: My Tier two would be Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad. You're getting into a fuck and crazy night with him, mister White, you know, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Who knows what.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be doing?
Speaker 6: People and died, But yeah, that's why, you know, like it's kind of one of those if you're rolling the dice, you really are, it'd be a wild one and I know I'm gonna get some positive feedback with that. But my Tier one undeniably probably the greatest part here in fictional history. Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty Interdimensional Travel, unlimited Resources to foreign narcotics and liquors alike. So I know that the world's gonna have my back on that one.
Speaker 1: It was everyone's low key scared of what the world's gonna say.
Speaker 2: It was always I know the world's gonna have my back on that one.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, that's that's my Tier one. Thank you for for coming.
Speaker 1: World destroyed this man one word, Mitch.
Speaker 3: Can use them again.
Speaker 6: And Joe the New Girl Boys.
Speaker 5: Sanchez I a.
Speaker 8: Good time, dangerous almost I've NATed drug addict, jesus.
Speaker 4: I mean he just two of his were interdimensional drugs. And one guy that people have odd around. Yeah, oh we're partying, brother, we're getting after it.
Speaker 9: Well you want to go? You want me to go? Mitch' that's crazy, all right. So my honorable mention he just this guy just seems like a good time. I feel like all my my whole crew just seems like it's just relatively a good time. But my honorable mention goes to Ron Burgundy from The Anchorman he just I mean, he just always is like the life of the party, just is just gonna say some random ship and you never know what's coming out of his mouth next. But he seems fun. My tier three. The reason they're Tier three is because I haven't watched this entire show, but they look and like whenever the three of them are together, they just it's just a bunch of laughs, and you just add another person to the mix, it seems like it's gonna be more fun. The Workaholics crew, so they always like just a bunch of random shit that that's going on with them.
Speaker 3: My tier two.
Speaker 9: The reason this guy is at my tier two the stories that this man will be able to tell and the adventures that this man has been on. I feel like you could just sit there, have a beer rhythm and just listen to him ramble most of the time, mumble. But my tier two is Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 3: And then my tier one.
Speaker 9: This guy might not be the biggest man of stature, but he if you watch the show, you know this man can drink, and you know this man has plenty of stories and plenty of I guess drama about his family and everything, and that is Tyry and Lanister and that is my tear talk.
Speaker 1: Bodied Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just that might be.
Speaker 2: Well done, elite. That was very good man. That was good Mitch.
Speaker 4: Oh fuck, it changed my list. It doesn't involve anything of Mitches. That would be unfair for me to do. Yeah, man, Mitch, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, it's like, how do you follow that act?
Speaker 1: Those those well done brothers.
Speaker 4: Very well done? When he said workaholics, you knew we were. It was over from there.
Speaker 1: There's many options.
Speaker 2: It's like the albums, too many options.
Speaker 5: Broul thing about it? Will you the occasion.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, that's exactly what Misch did. He swallowed it whole all right, Willie.
Speaker 2: Well, that's tough to follow. That is tough to follow. However, I have been in my bag. My honorable mention is going to go to, uh, Homer Simpson drinking with Homer Simpson. The boy throws the dust beer down. Uh, you know, he's going to be an incredible time. My Tier three Stewie Griffin from Family Guy walking around with a baby dude, all the inside banter and jokes, and not to mention, you'll probably beot time traveling the entire night. My tier two is gonna go to the wedding Crashers Duo, Vince Vaughan and Owen Wilson. Obviously we can't use their real names, need to hide their identity, but the wedding crashers.
Speaker 1: Do John and.
Speaker 7: Possible disqualification, possible disqualification, Oh god are their names?
Speaker 2: John in seed? No, I have to throw something out there. It's such a good one too, it's such a good one.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Jeremy, Jeremy, that's right, Jeremy. Easier one too, I know which which. Honestly, that's That's a brutal el to take right there, because wedding crash are my favorite comedy of all time. But the wedding Crashers, obviously you don't need to say anymore. You can continue to pile on the hate the comments out there for not knowing their names. But the Wedding Crashers Duo my tier one. The versatility you're gonna give these boys, whether you're gonna get in a brawl at nighttime, whether you're gonna roam the sewers of the city, and you're gonna get wisdom at the end of the night after you fuck up. My Tier one is gonna be the Ninja Turtles. You're rolling around with them boys, you're eating pizza, you're having a great time fighting crime and just having a blast with the boys. All to go back have a little bit of fuck up and you're gonna go back to Master Splinter and he's gonna talk to you about you know, philosophy and wisdom and why you should you know, think about your decisions the next time. So that is my uh, that is my tier talk on on people, fictional characters.
Speaker 1: I would love to go out with for a night. That's it. That's nice, nice.
Speaker 5: Underage, That's what I say.
Speaker 4: Young surprised, really thought us some Star Wars guys would be in there.
Speaker 5: We'll have a baby and four teenagers.
Speaker 2: Due the Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 6: Bro, I thought about the Ninja Turtles too, that would have been that's a good one.
Speaker 1: The group stuff is said the Avengers, right.
Speaker 2: The group stuff is what went from Raphael to the Ninja Turtles because in Rafael is gonna be my honorable mention. But when I got all the Ninja Turtles, oh, they're soaring to the top of this list. In retrospection, yeah, groups is hard you already the Avengers my honorable mention, My honorable.
Speaker 1: Mention is going to go to DC Universe World.
Speaker 4: He's gonna go to a world traveler who saves us every single time he's on the big screen, and that goes to James Bond. I think you go out with him, You're gonna be dressed to nines having a good time. All of a sudden there's gonna be somebody trying to murder you.
Speaker 1: But who saves you.
Speaker 4: James Bond saves you, and you're still gonna have that Martiniz shaking nuts Sturt. It's gonna be an incredible time my Tier three as we're doing groups, the group from super Troopers, going out with those cops, doing whatever the fuck you want to do, having an absolute blast of the boys getting rid of some Canadian weed. I think it'd be such a fun time with those fellas. My Tier two and I had to change this because you had you had one in there that I took completely took out. Is gonna go to Tony Stark, billionaire playboy, fucking absolute scientist wizard. What a fucking time you've seen in a couple of those movies, he's got a couple extra bots with him, a couple of Ironman bots, you know, who's gonna teach the boy how to fly a little bit and we're gonna rip around.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a great fucking time.
Speaker 4: And my Tier one goes to a man that's motivated by heartbreak, who stares up in the distance and sees that green light on a foggy morning from across the bay. And that is going to go to the Jay Gatsby, the greatest party thrower of all time.
Speaker 1: That's my sort of talk. Now, I'm when to go with the Wolf of Wall Street crew.
Speaker 4: I thought about doing that too, but those are real guys. That right where my head went, but it was technically they're real.
Speaker 1: Dude, No, I want Leonard.
Speaker 2: I want Leonardo DiCaprio as the Wolf of Wall Street guy. Nope, just we'll call him something else. Yeah, yeah, yeah, great.
Speaker 10: Exquisite, wealthy, sophisticated.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I feel like we made a mistake with the groups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did, because you could do groups on one and you can do individuals on another.
Speaker 4: I feel like sometimes these podcasts go from like doing an episode of like an intro to us just talking about how we can do the podcast better.
Speaker 1: This is one of those episodes.
Speaker 7: Since we are on the group topic, I would like to point out, as people are listening, I was the only one that didn't choose a group, So take that into account.
Speaker 4: Boys are terrified of the internet. Back there been there too. Oh Mitch, you have nothing to worry about, brother.
Speaker 1: My mind is just wondering. Now what else is out there? I missed?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, dude during fucking some random town in Canada, I got a taste this weekend.
Speaker 1: I know what I want.
Speaker 2: Oh, shall we go into the episode with Brian Allen? Anything else we need to hit? Buy the tickets spring tour every every Wednesday. Were somewhere different, uh, Texas than our Ohio state, eight L s U and Colorado. And then we're gonna go to but I will there is a wrinkle in the Colorado one. We'll be doing our live show in Denver, not Bolder because apparently there's no like good enough venues in uh in Boulder.
Speaker 1: What are you guys at so far? It's just like if I'm gonna drive.
Speaker 5: For a college kid.
Speaker 2: That's that we were We were actually being told we were actually being told that, Uh, your people commute to Denver.
Speaker 1: I'll go to Denver.
Speaker 2: And you're talking about college kids and stuff like, look a late night, there's a Husker chapter in Denver.
Speaker 6: If you're a college kid in Boulder, just drink a little proper Wild, get right and head to Denver.
Speaker 2: Dude, speaking of proper Wild. Check yes, proper Wild, clean all day energy, clean all day energy that boosts your energy, focus and productivity without the jitters, without the crash.
Speaker 1: It last all day long.
Speaker 2: Like the boy Jack said, if you're a young college kid and you're trying to make this live show in Denver, pop up Proper Wild. Whether it's the three new flavors of strawberry, Kiwee, apple, lemon, lime. Look, there's no preservatives, no artificial sweeteners, no bullshit, just natural tasting energy with clean ingredients that work all day long. So you can watch the boys hoot and holler laugh with us in the nighttime at the Denver live show. Go to Properwild dot com forward slash barstool to stray proper Wild for thirty percent off. That's Properwild dot com forward slash barstool thirty percent off from the boys to you.
Speaker 3: Now to the episode.
Speaker 1: Now it's to the episode Brian Kellen. We rolling boys, JP, we rolling your.
Speaker 3: Brother. I fucking like it, man, they're.
Speaker 1: Uh well, so we went and got you outside.
Speaker 4: By the way, the hossible tornado situation going on outside actually.
Speaker 11: Blustery and I don't like that word, but it's it's blustery.
Speaker 1: It seems like you do like the word.
Speaker 11: If I if I didn't have so much testots, I'd probably curme up with my cat and read a book.
Speaker 3: It is you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: The weather does call for it. Yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: Just a novel, just sort of a novel from the turn of the sentry with my cat.
Speaker 1: How many cats you got? There was lessening cats.
Speaker 3: If I had a cat, be a lie or a jaguar.
Speaker 1: You do seem like a cat guy.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm a dog, dude, What kind of dog? You're a cat?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 3: Guys, come on, be cool, man.
Speaker 1: There's nothing about you that screams to me.
Speaker 3: I move like a cat. So there's a lot you have.
Speaker 2: Guess we're kind of dog. Yeah, what kind of doggies they here?
Speaker 4: Like like some sort of definitely have a doodle mix, some sort of doodle mix.
Speaker 1: This is not this is this is not how I want to start the podcast.
Speaker 4: But if we're if we're looking at you, and what does the representation that would perfectly fit you say?
Speaker 3: Something like a junk yard a sort of a mix of a pit bull a catch dog.
Speaker 1: Because you got a lot of energy.
Speaker 2: You get a lot of energy, I say, like a Miniossi fucking minie Australia shepherd.
Speaker 3: Just a lot of energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of.
Speaker 11: Off the staircase, you guys, hold on for a second when I bring my voice down, it's not yea, you feel you feel safe. You fill at home right now. You know what I'm saying. So I'd say I'm more of a I'm a catch dog. So if you want a cat dog, a catch dog.
Speaker 3: So in other words, if you're going, if you're if you're hunting wild boar, yeah, send the dogs in and you're that dog.
Speaker 12: Grab grab a hold on brother, hold on bro like the dogs die like that, they do die.
Speaker 2: That's a wild sport. If it's just considered a sport sport? Would a cat dog like dogs like going and hunting these hogs and then they send the dogs on them.
Speaker 11: Well, the idea is to go in, You go in, the dogs grab the boar and then you slit his throat. Tim Kennedy, you know Tim Kennedy. Ye, well, good guess not there.
Speaker 3: Kennedy? Though he is? Is he a Kennedy. I'm gonna first say that I'm getting lost in your eyes.
Speaker 1: He's got good eyes, thank.
Speaker 2: You, got good And he's got the accents in the hat that compliment them.
Speaker 3: And and he's got.
Speaker 4: Stop that some more pulls off the mustache, and that's rarely fust You know what you just did. What we were outside, you were very complimentive. You came in here and for whatever reason, decided to put aggression on yourself. You started to feel that backed it up like a cat. And now you're kind of untangling me, and I'm really disoriented. I feel like I'm in a bit of a like I'm in a happy blender to get.
Speaker 1: The best shake of my wife.
Speaker 2: He's got.
Speaker 11: You know, right now, say whatever you want to me. You won come sitting on that you. I I brought the bluster in here, That's what I did. You do love that word, But you get away with the mustache. And the reason you do is because you've got your big You're substantial. If you're small with a mustache, you start to look like you know that substitute teacher is also a pedophile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got he rocks the mustache right now and there.
Speaker 3: Now there's a You have a slight frame like myself. Not probably not quite as athletic, right not, it's not as elastic as I am. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: That's not the point. It's not a competition. But he's the JP move all right. Oh brother, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, he's he's wiry, but he that boy can bend. Now, he can bend. He can bend.
Speaker 4: What a man you're sizis that that guy can bend all? I'm telling you, yeah, he can. He can put it in the pretzel. He can move around. I've literally walked into his hotel room one time and he was just in a cupboard, just hanging out waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, waiting a strike.
Speaker 3: You feel safe, Yeah, waiting to strike.
Speaker 11: Strike Back to Tim Kennedy, green beret, he was naked.
Speaker 3: A long time Green Beret, did a bunch of stuff in the military.
Speaker 11: UFC fighter one hundred and eighty five pounder, just a monster, toughest guy in the world. We're hanging out in Austin, and he goes, Hey, we're gonna go hunting boar next time you come down.
Speaker 12: I said, okay, this wild pigs from a helicopter. Shoot him, shoot him.
Speaker 1: With a gatling gun. Yeah, so I'm had a two hand up.
Speaker 3: That's what he did.
Speaker 2: He went, you know, I, well, I'm sorry that night as well.
Speaker 3: Well, it was not. I I told this is very funny.
Speaker 11: You say that. Very funny. You say that because I said that. I go, I want to use night scopes. He goes, We'll do whatever you want. He started whispering. Now I'd just been through. He had taken me through a day of Special Forces training, which hilarious. It wasn't I was just shooting guns. I got stuck in the car. It was just it's a disaster, but it was fun. I had to run this obstacle course. It was like, you know, you have to go. He was being very nice to me. You guys have no problem with it. But then he said, he goes, uh and this he was dead serious. He's he's crazy. This is the guy who's been through war. His book, Scars and Stripes is actually an amazing reading.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, let's put a pause. Yeah, that title I know, just gave me goosebump. I know, dude, stars and striars and stripes.
Speaker 11: He's the He's he's the guy. His book is so honest. He tells this whole story about he's got he had two girls, were pregnant, two girls. He'd been kicked out of the police force and the fire I'm trying to be a fireman. And he was like just a fighter, kind of an amateur fighter, and just like you know what, I I don't like my life. He's like twenty two, just gets completely naked, four thirty in the morning and just gets into Morrow Bay. For those people who don't know what Morrow Bay is, it's where the It's where the Great Whites hang out. It's where they feed the twenty footers, twenty three footers or whatever they are.
Speaker 3: That's where they hang out.
Speaker 11: Morol Bay is where you don't go because they're territorial over that area.
Speaker 3: They'll shred you.
Speaker 1: Where is it.
Speaker 11: It's geographically it's like I think it's like near between Santa Cruz and like it's like up northern California on that coast where the big boys hang where the open ocean is. And he just goes I'm gonna swim out to sea and see what the fuck happens. And the fog is so heavy that he doesn't know where he is, so he just goes a swimming goush, goush, goosh. So about an hour later he starts to not be able to feel his arms and legs because well it's fucking freezing, and he's like, gonna go a little further, no point and turn around because see, I can't see where the shore is anyway. He can only see like a little bit in front of him. Yeah, he's swimming in open water. A woman on a cliff saw him and she goes, this doesn't look right, this young man naked and just swimming out there. And all of a sudden he just sees this coastguard just.
Speaker 3: Kind of roll up. They'd been looking for him, and this salty dog captain goes, what are you doing out here?
Speaker 11: And he's like, I'm swimming. He goes, yeah, I can see that, and then Tim goes, I got two girls pregnant. I got kicked out of the police force, tried to be a fireman. They wouldn't have me. So what the fuck, he goes, got it?
Speaker 3: Got it? So you have a hard day.
Speaker 11: He goes, I guess so, and he's getting mad now. And the captain goes, should I leave you out here in the drinker? And Tim goes, I don't know. He goes, well, my job is.
Speaker 3: To take you.
Speaker 11: We've been looking looking for you, so you took a lot of our time. So my job is to get you on the boat. So you want to come on the boat. And Tim's just looking at him like this, I don't know. He just he still won't give it up. The guy who's down. He goes, that's the smallest dick I've ever seen in my life, because his dick was a turtle at that point. Anybody pull him back on shore. It there's a whole record of this. Put a blanket on him. This is Tim. The point I'm telling, The point I'm making is then he goes on. He's a Green Beret. There's a bunch of other stuff, tip the spear stuff. He's in a thousand firefights. So he looks at me with all seriousness and he goes, we'll go we'll go hog hunting, we'll go pig hunting.
Speaker 3: But we can shoot him from the helicopter. We can shoot him at night. But this is the best, whispered to us.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he goes, we could, we could hunt him from horseback with a spear. And he just he points at me because I'm about to go no, no, you know, he goes. Now, you may feel not so comfortable on a horse. Here's the best thing we can do. We can get on these skis of the chopper. We bring the chopper down and as they're running from us, you jump on its back and you kill it with an axe.
Speaker 3: With an axe, he does this. He's dead serious.
Speaker 1: His blood's flowing below the head. The whole time you're talking, I'm wondering what happened to those two kids? Which one's women? He got pregnant?
Speaker 3: I lost you, I lost you anymore, you know what.
Speaker 1: So he's jumping too this hog story, like, what the fuck happened?
Speaker 3: Happened with the children?
Speaker 11: And he becomes a Green Beret. I'm like, what about the children? Yeah, that's the person, but you know what, he's in their lives. He's a good father, you think. So, he's one of the best people I know. In fact, I asked him that. So that says a lot about you. I'm glad that you stopped on that. That was a bookmark for you.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what that was. I definitely dog heard it, and I was like, I gotta get back to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you care about the kids.
Speaker 1: I know the whole time.
Speaker 3: I love you for that you have.
Speaker 4: I have two kids. When you have kids, do that, I'm a bunch though, So I can, I can.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 1: He was looking. I was looking for the drink.
Speaker 11: Now, dude, I I I think the world becomes way more delicate when you have kids.
Speaker 3: I have three, so I understand.
Speaker 1: Boys and girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two boys, okay, another cannot can whoop you?
Speaker 3: No? No there there.
Speaker 11: My son is my eleven year old is basically me. He's he's just this magical, this magical sort of jesture, very very thin and just a silly It makes me laugh, a fucking unbelievable, unbelievable sense of humor. He's eleven years old, and uh, I was. He just fucks with me, and he knows he's not get mad when he swears because he has you know, he's a lot to swear around me. And I said something to him and he goes, huh, let me see if I I don't know, if I I gotta check something do you have any fucks in your gloved commarment? And I go, look at yeah, he goes, and he goes, no fucks in here. He goes, let me see if I call. I call the fuck store and they're closed, so I don't give a fuck. And I was like, you know what, you're eleven. That's fucking very good. He's a smart ass. Then he lied to me, and I got really mad. I go, why did you lie to me?
Speaker 3: He goes.
Speaker 11: I go, you shrugged me. Why did you lie to me in your chair like that? He looks at me and he goes, it's in my nature. So he's got a really good humor, dude at eleven years old, So I can't be mad at him.
Speaker 1: Day. Yeah, So did you end up killing bores?
Speaker 3: I didn't. I'm not nu.
Speaker 11: I'm from the fucking sled of a helicopter onto a.
Speaker 3: Bors back because I'm not built for that fucking professional football player who looks like a pro basketball player.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to handle that. Well, it does seem like a compliment, but it's but you don't know. In our world, I'm in a blender. I need you to save me again.
Speaker 2: Like he's already diffused me to be jack. Is he taking a shot of me right now? Like my shirt off right now? But you know you are you look you're right, you know right now? Give me a may You look good? You want to you want to put on a little You're just amazing how you guys are looking nice?
Speaker 1: You look nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all bone though. You're you're a big bone kid.
Speaker 1: He's a slender cat.
Speaker 3: But you're a very good football player. You're a very good football player.
Speaker 1: But you are at one point in my life.
Speaker 11: You're you're a skinny kid for an offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: And that's a fact. I'm very I would prod you.
Speaker 1: I'm not like the most broad dude. Tayler called me one day, like you know, I did.
Speaker 2: Like look when he was losing all his weight, and he was like, hey, what do you think about tight end?
Speaker 3: That's good? That's it.
Speaker 1: I was like, tight end? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: He's like, you know, I could play transition a tight end like you're a.
Speaker 1: Number seven, be a blocking tight end? Catch How are your hands and team pet outstanding?
Speaker 3: They are?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 3: How are you quick? Give you a.
Speaker 1: Extend and then I'll let you decide.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 1: I've never dropped a ball in a game, and I have a touchdown. So that's just for you. That's a nugget for you that you get to have and I have. You're welcome and.
Speaker 3: I love this. Yeah, and I love this because you look like a tight end.
Speaker 11: I can see that, and I have my philosophy is if you're if you're that good in one position. I know it's specialized, but it doesn't surprise me because you're kind of you're built like a tight end. But they somebody said, put on forty pounds and you got the intelligence to play on the line.
Speaker 2: I was with you.
Speaker 3: He did the intelligence. But you do have the intelligence.
Speaker 1: About the line.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know how familiar you are with football, but you play is the smartest. You can guard and then tackle.
Speaker 3: I tackle.
Speaker 1: You can be a little dumber, YEH can dance a little.
Speaker 3: Bit on the intelligence intelligence line.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: But I've seen the reason I'm obsessed is I've seen the playbook. You guys have to learn, right, But I also think that.
Speaker 1: You've seen the tight the Sennessee Titans playbook.
Speaker 3: I've not seen that. What book did you see?
Speaker 11: I haven't seen a playbook, ID I've had offensive and defensive linemen explain to me like what one play requires and how you have to change and.
Speaker 3: Probably I'm sure they blew it up that crazy a whole.
Speaker 4: In every play there's a scheme and everybody's got a certain job. Yes, now Will playing linebacker, he can look at this giant play and know all the things they have to do and make it sound very complicated, But at the end of the day, there's like two or three things you got to make sure of and then just do those things.
Speaker 1: That's complicated.
Speaker 11: No, Now that's interesting because you're simplifying it. But sometimes that can be a sign. And the fact that you pick up on things and you can chunk, you can chunk information, and that comes from I think anybody's played as long as you guys have that, that's I don't think that's physical. Obviously you have a physical gift, but everybody out there is a fucking freak. But I think that what distinguishes, my guess is what distinguishes people with longevity is first you has dangery free, but also you got to be smart enough. You know there's just certain things you figure out holes where the weakness is. I think I don't know I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like there's like boxes you have to check. Like I've played with some dudes that can't read. I played with some guys that I truly believe could not tie their shoelaces.
Speaker 3: All that.
Speaker 4: Robinson, well you gotta throw them out there, like because he was shoelace and I proved me one day he could kind of tic and he just caught a bullet. And he caught a bullet. Right now, he's in an arbur Michigan. W Taylor's talking. Can get on you, dude. Yeah, he said he can't read. Or quarterback our quarterback in college. His name is Denard Robinson. They called him shoelass shoelace. So you probably known dreads number sixteen for Michigan wheeling and Dylon. You remember, yes, come on now you remember.
Speaker 11: With the dreads Yes, Michigan Yeah, all kids number sixteen strong?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Uh all ass and legs yeah, should chest yeah good, body wide face yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean most smooth skin in his twenties maybe third yeah.
Speaker 4: In his thirties. Now, he didn't tie his shoelaces. And I asked him, I was like, can you tie shoes?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And he said yes, And I made him tie my shoes one day. So he did prove it to me.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: He did prove it to me.
Speaker 4: Well yesterday when I played with individuals that truly, yeah, are are stupid. But I feel like there's a level like, if you can just get to a level of intelligence with football, you're gonna be all right. You can't be a quarterback. Maybe not a center, maybe not a mill linebacker.
Speaker 11: Well, quarterback's astonished. Astonishing, it's astonishing. That's a you gotta be crazy smart. Yeah, it's a weird. It's a weird skill set. It's an insane skill set to read a backfield when you sit. When I step back and I read a backfield and guys like you were coming at me, I gotta protect you. I gotta I gotta get sent. I have a very fast release. I got what's called a quick release. Yeah, thanks guys for nodding. Well, who came to my show last night. He plays for the Minnesota Vikings. White guy, black guy, white guy, Harrison, Uh yeah Smith notre dame guys. Stud Yes, now he's a stud.
Speaker 3: Now. He walked into my green room and he was well, I I looked at him and I went, well, you're a freak. Now, he's he holds the combine record for twelve years. Now he benched to twenty five forty seven times. Ladies and gentlemen, there, let me say let me say it again, let me say it again. Forty seven fucking times, with arms as long as yours, with arms as long as yours. Don't fuck with him.
Speaker 2: Dude, what position, Harrison?
Speaker 3: He's defensive.
Speaker 1: No, he's seen forty revs.
Speaker 2: We're we're the ones.
Speaker 3: We're wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're wrong by her.
Speaker 11: Okay, defensive tackle, defensive tack, Harrison Smith, Okayed nineteen.
Speaker 3: Maybe his name is in Harrison.
Speaker 11: He plays defensive tackle on the on the on the vikings.
Speaker 3: His face is this wide. I went, I went like this. I was like hello. To get from one eye to the other, I was like hello, big of a human being. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: There are some dudes you see to the You're like Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: Well, it's it's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just he's he's he's you know what it is. He's three fifteen, but he's so lean that he looks he's so proportioned that it looks like he's two fifty record.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Who's Stephen Pea, Harrison Phillips, Harrison Phillips Beavers.
Speaker 3: There he is Harrison Phillips. That's the kid. Good guy, but don't kids yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lied to you is what he did.
Speaker 11: I'm hearing a peep out of you on the bench. I'm just saying, not a peep.
Speaker 3: And by the way, on him, okay, that's you. Momas don't count.
Speaker 1: I'm not You're not wrong.
Speaker 3: It's I'm talking about white guys. That's guy.
Speaker 2: That guy category.
Speaker 3: How many how made you get on? First time? He's ever living?
Speaker 1: I got thirty reps and they minus me one.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: They're tight on the ass coming up.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 3: Your ass can't come you're high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, what your ass can't? You can't hunt the air?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was flexing on my wife today. I was like, hey, watch this video, and I pulled up me running a four at the combine. She goes, do I have to watch this every year?
Speaker 3: What's your hold on? What's your forty? That? That's is that you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I put a tube soft here.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Look at the size of you. That's not who I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: I was in a tanning bed for weeks.
Speaker 3: I'm not joking. I went to look at you, you know, six seven, Scooby, what was that?
Speaker 1: It's a good run. That's a good rip.
Speaker 3: Look at you.
Speaker 4: That's for a four eight four eight seven was my time. It was the fastest time at that combine. It was the fastest time for offense lineman that combine.
Speaker 3: He's so competitive. Do you wonder why he's he?
Speaker 1: I will What would I say when he pulled up with that your physique?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm happy with yours too, though.
Speaker 2: No, no, I know, but I'm saying the first time we met, he wasn't here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is our first time, and you're like, oh, you're back. I had so when.
Speaker 4: Real quick though. My man's got a back on him. He's got a great back. The kid the kid pipes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got the ass. That's a backstrap.
Speaker 11: That's the feel that if I were to hunt him, and I wouldn't, but if I were cannibal and I would hunt him.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing you're going.
Speaker 11: That's prime meat right there, buddy, and you slice it this way and you cook it up and butter.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I wouldn't do that. What I'm saying, I would eat that with you. Yeah, that's that's that's that's backstrap. Yeah, that's my nickname.
Speaker 2: Hit.
Speaker 3: He's in my phone.
Speaker 2: He's got he's got a good meat on you around. All I was saying was your first time seeing him, So he's gonna love to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you catching that in the headphones? I love that you're concerned about the pod.
Speaker 2: That's heady. That's being heady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awareness, is what it is.
Speaker 3: I love this, I love I love this.
Speaker 2: We play from the neck up, the you like the bus. We play from the neck up all like you were in Tangibles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's all that.
Speaker 4: That means when you are as well as we are in the profession that we were in, you gotta learn how to do it a different way because you're not gonna be his athletic as everybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Would you say that's true?
Speaker 11: What that you're not as athletic as where is your on a scale of one to ten. Let me see, on a scale of one to ten, ten being obviously the most athletic and be honest in the NFL, it's hard to how do you define athleticism. Because there's athleticism, then there's a pure athlete. You got pure athletes. Then there's gamesmanship.
Speaker 3: Then there's heart, then there's grit, then there's finding a way to win.
Speaker 11: There's all that stuff. So it's a very complicated question. Good, good brother, you are getting me fired out.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: We start talking about an athlete is a very different thing.
Speaker 3: I need gamesmanship. Like there's that Drew Brees.
Speaker 11: If you were to look at him, you know his intensity is what gets him worded. I mean it's that's a bad example. That's a bad example. But but there are a lot of guys that can't run that fast, maybe can't jump as high. Yeah your eyes because you were hearing a sound over there.
Speaker 3: That's weird. Anyway. Yeah, it's not a big deal.
Speaker 11: Can't run that fast, can't jumps high, not as strong. Yeah, they got a heart, and they got straps. You know what I'm saying, back straps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got one on the bus right now.
Speaker 2: Do you want to rank?
Speaker 4: I'll rank will for you. I'll give you what and you have to give me a category.
Speaker 11: Look, look, listen, listen. There are guys, this group called Seal Team six.
Speaker 1: It's not a question. No, no, no, you're called the question.
Speaker 11: One thing to be able to kill a bunch of guys, it's another thing to be in the heat of battle, knowing who to take a shot on and who not to.
Speaker 3: You see this, you see watch this? Bang? See that? You see that? See what I just fucking did? Yeah, you see that. That's bang. You know see that I just five times? Good guy, fucking bad guy. Bang. You know I see you. Yeah, that's what it is. I know you know what it is.
Speaker 4: You know what this is turney into. Yeah, I'm starting to realize it. Yeah, you guys have a rapport.
Speaker 1: And I see you. I see what you're doing here is now that you.
Speaker 5: Know will a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know you're willing, You're.
Speaker 4: Willing to do a bunch because you're trying to win me over.
Speaker 3: I haven't left I haven't left your eyes. I haven't left his eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh man, boy.
Speaker 3: You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: So when it comes to so so rate will in that sense I'm talking.
Speaker 2: He just killed me five times, because because.
Speaker 11: That's what I'm saying is that you might be the best shooter, you might be the toughest guy. You can carry a bunch of stuff on your back, But when are you able to think in in those high pressure situations?
Speaker 3: Are you able to find a way to not kill them?
Speaker 1: So we're talking about awareness, I think so.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Reaction Time game Game iq men has all these ratings.
Speaker 1: I would I would, you know what I mean? I think man has you wrong.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm saying he doesn't have to go into this extravagant speech of like being a Green Beret. I'm the good guy, bad guy because.
Speaker 1: It makes for a good podcast.
Speaker 2: It makes for a great podcast. You are a hell of a It's just good. It's like how I feel like we are at that wort's raining outside. We get the fire going, we got.
Speaker 3: Well, papa's Papa is here. Schools and session right, yeah, I got lots of I mean, any quins you have.
Speaker 4: We're just sitting back today. Yeah, you see us sitting up right now. We don't always sit up in a podcast. We're at attention right now. He knows I'm sitting back here kind of just waiting for my turn to talk. But this time I'm really Dad is here. Yeah, Dad is here.
Speaker 3: Made more mistakes?
Speaker 4: No, I don't, I will, I don't like that. What I don't like the daddy, Gray Smoke, I me Gray Smoke. I will do that, right, Gray Smoke, I me Gray Smoke. That's all who came up with that.
Speaker 11: Somebody said that in my ear and I just repeated it either way. You know what I'm saying to put another hat on.
Speaker 3: But Gray Smoke's here, so I have questions. It's just it's just wisdom made my awareness.
Speaker 1: You feel like awareness? Okay?
Speaker 3: Awareness?
Speaker 4: Back to the Will Compton, Yeah, I think awareness is the major, the major thing that kept Will in the league. I'm gonna give him a ninety one bro strong pro strong awareness. And that goes off Dave Ziggler's scouting report of view.
Speaker 1: What that's true?
Speaker 2: So for us, we got to go and interview our first GM GM of the Raiders, and since you know we're war vets in the game, we're asking him, Hey, what war daddies, what is our scouting?
Speaker 1: What are our scouting reports? That you know?
Speaker 2: Because every guy who's sits in the cafeteria and the drafts coming up everything else. She's like, man, I just want to know what they think of me upstairs, because coaches think of you differently.
Speaker 1: Right in the front office.
Speaker 2: But then you got to separate the two and see what's on paper, the tangible and tangible stuff. But you always want to know, like what are they find, like what's on paper about me? Up that it's in the front office. But we got to see with our first GM, and he broke us down two a t bro It was fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: It makes me We're like, yeah, he's right, yeah, it was like it was extremely well.
Speaker 11: My issue with that would be I wouldn't want to know that if I was a player. You know why, I don't want you telling me. I get very I'm very careful about. I don't want you telling me what I'm good at, what I'm bad at, because if you do that, especially what i'm good at, because if you tell me what I'm good at, I might start aiming for that. I might start trying to be more aware, and then I'm in my head because I don't think you can try to be that way. I think that's that's just part of what you Your intention is to win the game, or your intention is to read the offense and figure it out. I can't be thinking about, oh, I'm aware, you know that that always makes me nervous. But you guys probably mature enough now, you've been playing long enough that you trust yourself. But if you're young, the worst thing you can do to like an athlete sometimes like a fighter, and is be like, dude, you're a knockout artist, and everybody goes, yeah, you're in a knockout Now he's going out there.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't listen to your fucking fans. I'm serious. It's a big thing, you know. I don't. I don't like. Don't if you're I like, give me criticism.
Speaker 11: But then teach me how to get out of it, right that that's that's fine. Be careful to people that are critical, just to be critical, right, That's that's why I don't. Listening to his bullshit is not helpful. You're on your way somewhere. But compliments can be very dangerous because they get you to relax a little bit, like sometimes you go, oh, I can take I'm a comic man. I've been doing this forever. It never fucking gets easy. And the minute I think, you know, you get people say things right. The minute I start listening to that and actually believing it, I stop writing.
Speaker 3: You know, I lose my edge.
Speaker 11: You got to be very careful because it's so fucking easy kind of just to.
Speaker 1: Sit back and reflect on what you've done.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, but it's also like there's also the pot and be in the moment and like if you did something amazing, when you're sitting there and you're like you just sold out an arena, you get to sit in the green room aster and be like, hold, I'm really fucking that, dude. I was able to take a leap of faith to be a comedian do x, Y and Z. And it's hard to do that in that mindset if you're always like I can't focus on what I'm good at because.
Speaker 1: I have to keep this said chip on my shoulder.
Speaker 11: Well, I think just for standard wise, you're working or it's it's my job is original self expression?
Speaker 3: Right, So so and you guys have this too.
Speaker 11: Now you're doing this podcast, you know, and so the idea is to you know, this very competitive world.
Speaker 1: What was a comedian as well?
Speaker 3: I know, oh, I know sold out shows tonight. So I'm sorry Nashville.
Speaker 11: Now if you can't make my show, If you can't make the show show tonight or tomorrow sold out, I will be in New York City, March eleventh at Tony Hall. Still some tickets March eleven, next Saturday. Anyway, I'm sorry. I just have to apologize. But I told him he can jump on.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna but no.
Speaker 2: I'm taking my I'm taking I got it. We're having a little date night. You guys going to the show.
Speaker 11: But you know me, like you're coming the show tonight, right, I'm coming, perfect, Yeah, yeah, coming.
Speaker 1: I think seven one right, I got you. Just a little date night is not one of them. You guys are going. You guys going to the show. You're going to his show? Yeah, I invite you to the show.
Speaker 3: No, I actually asked, who am I messaging with you? And I got you if you want to no, no.
Speaker 1: I don't need that.
Speaker 3: Well, the ticket's waiting.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm a little late, right, I'm time out.
Speaker 11: We'll get If you guys really want to come, I'll get you. And I I mean, we are pretty sold. We're still it's fair. Oh you know what, this is my favorite.
Speaker 3: We'll squeeze you in well, butter your hips and squeeze you in because it's gonna be tight. Where are you playing Danny's? This is that old school club yeah, No, we've been there. We actually had a show there too.
Speaker 1: We sold out hold out eleven hours. Jesus got eleven hours.
Speaker 3: But but it's but you know, we're all in the same game, right.
Speaker 1: I think it was two We sold it in two hours. You were three.
Speaker 3: It's impressive.
Speaker 1: That's it's just our lives gradually.
Speaker 3: You know, guys. But you're so fucking humble we are.
Speaker 1: We won't find it.
Speaker 2: You won't find a more humble just regular.
Speaker 11: But I was gonna say, is that so I you know, if you got to keep that hunger and you you can never it's fine to go look at this. So so Rogan I was in Salt Lake City. I was that my parents retired in Park City in Utah. He was in Salt Lake and he goes, get down here, you gotta see this, and I'm like, I can't drive it down. He goes, just fucking you got to see this. So I go down and see him. He's playing for fourteen thousand people that your I've known since I was twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Fourteen thousand, How old do you know? I'm thirty three years old.
Speaker 1: No is that crazy?
Speaker 3: Time flies, dude, I fucking fly.
Speaker 1: I'll do that how old.
Speaker 3: I'm fifty six, all right, so that's how old we are.
Speaker 1: You look good for your age.
Speaker 3: You do well.
Speaker 11: I'm when you see me move, we'll do that opposit when you move, we'll do some light wrestlingeh, thank you, thank you. But Rogan at fifty six as well, fifty five. Now, I was watching him and I looked at him and I go, dude, fourteen thousand people, did you ever think?
Speaker 3: And he goes, no, I go, I know.
Speaker 11: And I watched him right before he went on, And there's a thing about doing stand up as long as we have that you just don't get nervous, even if it's fourteen thousand people.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, you get it's like, you know, just get your energy up, but you know where you're going, you know. And I watched him and he he's just like and he goes, I still get nervous every time I get on. And then I watched him.
Speaker 11: He's got all the money, he's got, all the attention, he's got, you know, fourteen thousand people. And I watched him do his hour, and I'm telling you right now, it might have been the best thing I've ever seen him do, because he stays that hungry because he stays that uncomfortable. It's true that he reflects, he goes look at this, But after a while, the challenge becomes, how do I manage this success? How do I stay just as fucking lean in success as I did? And especially in unimaginableok success wherever you've drawn a line through everything you wanted to accomplish, how do you fucking stay as hungry as you were when you were an open micer. That's the challenge that'll always be the challenge.
Speaker 1: How do you think he does that?
Speaker 11: I think that he does that by just constantly realizing that the minute you take your foot off the gas. And I'm not saying you don't live in the moment, and I'm not saying you don't take a second to relax, You go on vacation, you hang with your friends. But if you lose sight of the fact in a way that the quest to be an artist, or the quest for original self expression, to surprise yourself, right to surprise yourself, and by the way, as you get older, to contribute to to get to be a signal in the noise, because there's a lot of fucking noise.
Speaker 3: We have the cult of the amateur.
Speaker 11: Now everybody's on YouTube, everybody thinks they have something to say, and that's a lot of fucking noise. And to be sort of someone who has something unique to say. And you'll know it too when you when you when you mine sort of yourself and you come up with something that's original, people see it.
Speaker 3: They hear it. It's like hearing.
Speaker 11: It's like it's almost like somebody's playing the flute, you know, out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: You're just like, what the fuck? You know? What? You know that? That makes sense? Wow? You know?
Speaker 11: And that quest to contribute and be of service and also be original if you keep your eye on that prize and understand that that's the most important thing. And by the way, nothing gets you there in fact, in fact, when you want to be original, you know, when you want to say something important, when you want to have an impact. A lot of times money and attention are a fucking wall that you have to.
Speaker 3: Move out of the way.
Speaker 11: They're none of that stuff. A great view and a fast car and comfortable accoutrement are that's a French.
Speaker 3: I drop French. Sometimes comfortable you're doing so well until he just had that little pause.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, you said, And I got a little grin, like.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he is fucking and he is really putting down some heat right now. Those things, those things are not your friend. The wolf at the door is luxury.
Speaker 3: Not struggle.
Speaker 11: I'm quoting a great writer, but that's true. The wolf of the door is luxury. And when you arrive, my friends, you better be careful because you start losing You'll start losing the ability to distinguish between gravy and chocolate sauce. Everything I'll just start melding.
Speaker 3: Is one.
Speaker 11: Don't be that person, right But you you guys know that. I don't think you get longevity in the NFL by being relaxed.
Speaker 3: Look at you. Yeah, they're already.
Speaker 11: Fucking insecure because you're thirty pounds lighter. I know what you're doing forty. Yeah, no, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Jesus, Jesus, but important, that's important. You're watching your fucking You're watching your.
Speaker 11: Your you're forty. It's you're like that. You know that's that Hunger is important.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that, But all the things, all the things you say, you're saying is great when now it's on the other side of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when is enough enough?
Speaker 4: Like when can you sit there and be comfortable with the human being you are the success that you've had. Instead, I'm enough Now I've proven what I've had to prove. Now i can go enjoy my life because some people work until they die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't like that, you know, I'm just I'm misphrasing.
Speaker 2: A question I've always liked because you said a couple of times. I think you said on the first time You're on too, is like you have this philosophy too, of like wanting to be the best, and you always talk about how dangerous that is and how slippery slope it is because you can get in the rat race of working essentially until you Yes, So.
Speaker 1: I called that before you even go into that.
Speaker 4: We had people on this podcast before Mike, who is an artist. He has tattooed on his leg don't try, don't try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a completely different philosophy.
Speaker 11: Chinese idea who weigh effort without effort, you know, without effort?
Speaker 3: That that's that that that.
Speaker 11: Sort of again becomes the idea of So I told you, don't don't start thinking that you have awareness. I don't like that you know, wou Wei is the idea of I just have an intention that'll be there.
Speaker 3: I trust that to be there.
Speaker 11: And as far as like so, so, I think what you're talking about, and I see this with a lot of successful people who are still desperately insecure and what motivates them as a whole they can't fill.
Speaker 3: That's not what I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: You have to be very careful of that, because I think that one of the traps is the quest for self perfection. If you get too obsessed with being self perfecting, you know, great shape. I've read all the books. I set my goals and I just crossed the line. I got a billion dollars. Why not ten billion dollars. You'll miss your kids growing up, You'll miss connection to your wife, you'll miss connection with your friends, and you'll wake up and you know. Tolstoy the greatest writer by many people's metric, of all time. Tolstoy, at fifty years old, wrote a book called a Confession. At fifty his goal was to be mentioned in the same breath as Freud and Darwin, and he was. He was a world famous writer. He had more money, he had more recognition. He used to work out with the peasantry because he wanted his body to be incredibly strong. I mean he was everything physically, you know, a specimen, the best, the greatest writer. He's astonishing. Like the way he writes is like the fuck, you know. And then he was fifty years old and he had a rope in his hand. He had to go in the back shed to do some stuff with a rope, and he froze and he went by, go in the back, I'm gonna I'm gonna hang myself. And then his friend wanted to go hunting, and he goes, I can't go hunting. I'm gonna shoot myself.
Speaker 3: And he had this crisis, and the reason and the crisis was this, he had spent his whole life perfecting Tollstoy, and what he realized was that he was at the top of this wall and it was the wrong wall to climb, or he didn't like the view or something like that, or the fact that there.
Speaker 11: Was nothing else to try to conquer. Oh my god, now what now?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 11: That's what you have to be careful of the idea that you you lived a life without any faith, without the idea that maybe you should get closer to things that you can't measure.
Speaker 3: That's a weird thing to say, but it's true.
Speaker 2: Good player games out there that Yeah, well, I'm sure you've probably read, you've seen well versed in the in the book where like naval Ravakhani talks about like single player games well knowing if you're in multiplayer games and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: I don't know that book, but I know that what what what I think Tolstoy came against was was something called false idol worship.
Speaker 3: You're worshiping false idols.
Speaker 11: Your idol can be your fucking self. If you, if you, if you, and if you're the end all and be all, If it stops and starts with you, you're fucked. That's why being in a position of giving, that's why giving and deciding that you're going to be in a position of service, and you got to get to that point where you're doing it for something else. Where you're you're you're guided by something bigger than yourself, that you're more than yourtites. This is why it's so important to be a principled person. This is why you get away with nothing in life. You better be aligned with the truth. You better if you don't align yourself completely with the truth, and you know what the truth is, you feel it, and when you when you veer from that, you run into all kinds of problems. But all you can do and the truth is a motherfucker. Sometimes sometimes it's really hard. It doesn't matter. But I think that's what I think. That's why you don't get away with it. I think that when that aligning yourself with the truth of what's actually important, and it's more than yourself, it's going beyond yourself, it's reaching beyond yourself. That's kind of what That's what I think is very important. That's the next step for guys who have achieved so much in one thing. Now you're doing this, but as you move on with your life because you have children, I think it's very important to align yourself with that.
Speaker 3: You know what that is. You can call it God, you can call it whatever you want.
Speaker 11: I don't give a shit, but that that you know this this expression, I said to my buddy, he's he's made all the money. He's my age, he's made all the money. Whatever you think is a lot of money. Like his his property in London, in England. We were out there hunting on his property. And I go, where where does your property end? And he goes, and I went, what are you doing? He goes, as far as you I can see that way, and as far as I can see that.
Speaker 3: Way, that's how much money he has. Like there's private jet money, then there's two private jets money.
Speaker 11: And but we were talking and he said, I, uh, you know, something's kind of I'm looking for something more talking about aahuasca and stuff. And I said, I think that's because you can hear God clearing his throat in the other room. Do you ever feel that, like you know, whatever that is? That that thing I'm fucking up over here? I should be over here. I'm lying a little bit, is okay? And if you hear that, I know, I know you're there, but I'm just going to create the noise. I'll get to you in a second. He's just like, okay, I'll be here. That's the truth.
Speaker 2: Did you find me? I hope everybody is dialed in? Is I feel like I am just literally zoned in?
Speaker 3: That makes sense?
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 4: How in your development of life have you gained this knowledge and found this clarity?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What what was your process?
Speaker 3: The opposite making truth? Making mistakes? Yes, being convenient.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's the same thing like when you have kids.
Speaker 4: If you're like, I've already done it the hard way, how would you teach your kids to see it this way with making half the mistakes when they have to make the same mistakes.
Speaker 3: So so that's very difficult.
Speaker 11: I my my philosophy with my children is get get them very good at one thing, because that's how you find out about yourself. You can't get good at something without confronting your your shortcomings, right, you can't get really good. You're gonna hit plateaus. Anytime you try to get good at something, you're gonna fucking hit plateaus. I don't care if it's jiu jitsu, I don't care if it's the guitar. But try to be the best you can be for its own sake. You know, there's the great saying. Schiller was a German philosopher. He said, man is never more himself than when at play. Not Play is not hookers in an apole. Play is that thing you would do for its own sake, that thing you do that you would do regardless of whether there was money or anything else. When you are playing like this, like the game, when everything is in flow.
Speaker 3: That's when you feel that's when you truly feel like you're yourself.
Speaker 11: There's something about that where you just feel like, oh man, I'm fucking this is who I really am. It's like it's what Nietzsche and and Schopenhauer called will. Most of our life is having to go through life.
Speaker 3: I gotta piss, I gotta eat, I gotta have sex, I gotta sleep. There's that. You gotta keep the.
Speaker 11: Machine going right, there's something about the machine. But then there are those moments just dying. It's fucking dying, doesn't that sounds serious? That sounds serious. Yeah, that was a back door. That was a guy in the back be.
Speaker 3: Funny if there was a dart. There's a dart in his neck and I just.
Speaker 2: Know you're crying and he is speaking. Don't even worry about that. Don't even worry about that. A little bit of a coffiect, like like ane.
Speaker 3: But it's getting to what we're talking about is what's important. It's important to know what's important. It's important to know where to place your energy. It's for young people, but you know, Nietzsche and and Chauvin and I were talked about this look most of your life is go to bed, wake up, eat, you know, go to work because you have to make money for more food and for a roof. And it's like a repeat, you know.
Speaker 11: It's just like you got to keep the machine going, you got to keep your body at a certain temperature. But then there are those moments in life when you forget you're human, those moments when you hear something beautiful, you hear beautiful music, you see a movie, you you, you, you're you're in a conversation like this where you're just zeroed in, you know, you you see a painting that brings you to your fucking knees. And in those moments, it's kind of an arrested development. It puts you in high relief where you you forget that you have to do all the things that a human being has to do. You forget about your biology for a bit, you know, those moments of just like it's like, fuck, if you tell me God doesn't exist right now. It could be deep intimacy and connection with like your wife or something. Those moments that you stay alive for.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's kind of the quest.
Speaker 11: That's when you kind of go, fuck, there's I don't know how to define truth, but man, I feel it because whatever that was was what I want more of.
Speaker 3: I want to be closer to that.
Speaker 11: And sometimes you can get that by experiencing that, which is what's great about your job as an artist or your job, or you can get great by doing that.
Speaker 3: You know, That's that's kind of what's beautiful about it.
Speaker 2: Seem like you have like a lot of joy, like having your curiosity and seeking this type of.
Speaker 11: Well, he said, how did you come to that time making way more mistakes than you guys? Living my life for a long time, like I was one of God's favorites. When you're young and shit's happen and you're kicking ass and you know you just had a good you were lucky enough to have a good upbringing and things worked out, you start to think that, you know, the laws of the universe don't apply to you. You can bend the rules a little bit, fuck around, you know, just you know, do whatever, have your cake and eat it too. I don't have to be bugging, you know. And then you go, oh shit, And then the flood comes, some kind of chaos will hit you, all of us, everybody. It happens doesn't matter what you are, you know, you know, it could be whatever, and you're like, oh fuck, and then it bends your back a little bit, humbles you a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful.
Speaker 11: Thing because you only learn in those moments. So that's kind of what happens.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, well you seem to have a lot of knowledge and like all this of obviously you love to read and get in curiosity. Like I feel like things had to have happened to start to seek this kind of hunger for all that.
Speaker 11: Nobody at fifty six or they, I mean sometimes I guess some people fucking I mean the problem with a lot of money.
Speaker 3: You do see people who did the reason that.
Speaker 11: People who come from a lot of money a lot of times have a crisis. You know how many kids they did this whole thing about children of billionaires. Almost all of the men up in rehab were dead. What's going on there? What the fuck is going on there?
Speaker 3: What's going on.
Speaker 11: There is that you you can have enough money and distraction to keep yourself.
Speaker 3: In a warm bath. You've ever been in a warm bath when it's fucking blustering out like today, You're getting a warm.
Speaker 11: Bath and you're like bubbles. You're like, I'm fucking I'm not gonna do anything. That's how I take a bath.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where's my cat? And you pet it? You read and you're like, I'm not gonna tell anybody I know.
Speaker 11: Fucking jaguar fucking yug are Yeah, fucking my jaguar. Sorry, guys, that's Spanish for fucking jaguar.
Speaker 2: Richard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at his fucking back. Bro in the moment, Will Compton back bro ars like will or I have enough money to fucking pet Will in a fucking Jaguar suit. Fucking you getting paid, bro, getting paid per fucking per Yes, sir, Yes, yes, sir. I don't keep looking over at them. I can't dominate you, guys. I don't know. I'm just they look like civilians. So I'm just like, you know what I mean, I can't cock my next to.
Speaker 2: You when it's just Taylor and I.
Speaker 4: Taylor and I look back at them like we basically talked to them during the podcast. Yeah, one in the back right, he's trying to become the third member of our podcast.
Speaker 3: Really now, yes he is.
Speaker 2: You guys have.
Speaker 4: Noticed if you notice when JP was talking to the gentleman in his right or left.
Speaker 1: He didn't use the mic.
Speaker 4: Jack, we mentioned his name one time, he grabbed that mic and he's leaning in now he's ready to speak.
Speaker 3: Good and go ahead, thank you.
Speaker 6: I will say for our fans, people get upset when you don't use the mic, no matter who you.
Speaker 1: Are on this bus.
Speaker 5: Really, I'm gonna grab the mic every time.
Speaker 11: There you go, say you something else. I can't believe I'm saying this. I cannot fucking believe believe that. I just cannot believe that, in in a space this small, two men can work them ustache.
Speaker 4: I'm very happy that mustache truly means the world to make I mean.
Speaker 1: Brian say to say that again for him?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean, I mean, obviously Taylor can work him with Stash. But I got fucking d'Artagnan to my right over there, and if he's not wearing a sword, he should, And why he's not on a horse right now is beyond me. But congratulations, Yak. His name is fucking Yack, the Yaguar.
Speaker 3: Yach, the Yaguar. Yeah, Jack, Yeah that got you. Brother. Kid's a looker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a good looking cat. He is a good looking cat.
Speaker 5: Let's let's move on.
Speaker 3: You're so happy with your fucking eyes. Huh, yeah, you're so happy.
Speaker 1: I'm very aware of his hair that right there, I just put a mullet in.
Speaker 3: It did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's my lack of identity right now. I'm trying to figure it all out. He cuts, He cuts the moll and gets the fane, then talks about how he.
Speaker 3: Does don't like fades.
Speaker 2: I'm not a thing like.
Speaker 1: If I was going to cut my hair short, I go a four.
Speaker 4: And if I didn't have the mull, I would just go a four and then keep a little.
Speaker 11: Yeah that that It makes me a little bit angry. Your stupid haircut right now? Yeah, back on, because I think it's disrespectful to guys like me. They don't have hair like that.
Speaker 2: Bro, you're you're you're in the mid fifties with hair like that. That's a solid hairline. That's a solid hairline for your age.
Speaker 1: You have like a built in put it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I put it up.
Speaker 2: It built in working on time out of time out? Jack?
Speaker 1: What was that back there?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 1: Used the mic? Used the mic.
Speaker 2: I just said show me, Oh oh you said showing mine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh that's nice all right?
Speaker 1: Am I looking at my futures.
Speaker 3: You say, yeah, hair, oh good, but yeah, yeah it's cast off.
Speaker 1: Your hair is not that bad. It's not that bad.
Speaker 3: It's fine. Fine, Yeah, you have hair, and you need to be proud of that. You years old.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, like you're yeah, you got a little bit of a widow's peak going, why not get the fucking plugs?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 11: And just I don't know what you have. I did it, but it didn't it didn't take. Really, you did it long time ago. I was about your age. Didn't take though, What do you mean it didn't take?
Speaker 3: It didn't take. It's just my my hair.
Speaker 11: It's some people would when you know, back then, they would, you know, just put them in like that and different. They take a strip out of your head. But he said, you have a very tight scalp, and you may be can't sometimes it just doesn't take that Back then you can do a no, you can fuck you know what I mean? Able to continue to spin?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Now you do.
Speaker 2: Now you could probably crazy, but you you do. You have a good set of hair. And the plugs thing. I don't know, it's it's it's like if I was losing I feel like people who get to this age, like you kind of know when you're gonna be fucking bald. Right, well, I feel like thirty three. It's solid for a thirty three year old figure out of the woods. I think you're gonna thin. Yeah, but you're not gonna be the dude with the could de.
Speaker 3: Sac let me see it? Yeah, yeah, you're okay for now you have the kind of you can shave your head. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're gonna make you know what you can shave your head. It won't matter, You'll be fine. Now you got it's good hair.
Speaker 3: I do have an m.
Speaker 2: It used to be more of like a couple like, uh yeah, circular. Yeah, but I've always had a little bit of a peek. Do you know why I got a hair transplant? I didn't even need one at a time basically. I mean it was kind of like when my father. My father goes, hey, i'll.
Speaker 11: Pay for you to get a hair transplant because I want to see how it works shit, And I go what And he goes, I'll pay. I've looked it up six thousand dollars. I'll give you the six hous No, it's go do it because I want to see if I want to get one. So I was his fucking guinea pig.
Speaker 1: And you were like, yeah, no problem, I'll absolutely do that.
Speaker 3: I don't remember how many grafts I got, but you got. I remember the guy looked at me and he goes, he goes, you know, I go, what do I And he goes, I mean I could, you are probably gonna lose your hair, your thin and then just he said you're not a good candidate. Just didn't. I went back and I was like, and he goes, you never got you never got you? Did you take? Got it? I got it?
Speaker 1: Then explains why you have a good set.
Speaker 4: No, I don't, but it looks fucked up. Go to the top left one. That top left boy right there. That's a tough deal for a while. Yeah, I was actually talking to Alan or Barber about it. Oh he told me about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, uh, he goes, Taylor wanted me to tell you and and talk you and the getting hair plugs.
Speaker 1: I said, that's not how the conversation went. That's not how the conversation went at all. I say, hope you're lying.
Speaker 2: No, He's like, I'm supposed to I'm supposed to talk to you in the gain brother, Hey, you need to tell will get them, get them plugged.
Speaker 4: You talk about it, and I'm in my mind I might just do something about it. You make a lot of money, you do well, you can.
Speaker 2: I like talk about it.
Speaker 1: It's fun to like joke about something I don't.
Speaker 11: Donald's Throne, the UFC fighter. He went to uh istumbul and I and a guy at my show came up to me in San Diego and he goes.
Speaker 3: He showed me goes.
Speaker 11: I went to Turkey and this and it looked fucking unbelievable. Cost him like three grand or something. I was just like, ship, Yeah, that's their thing now in Turkey. Hair of istumble.
Speaker 6: And it's a bunch of guys on a plane and those are like.
Speaker 3: Yep, there's like fifteen people. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: I would love to be on that plane one day, you know what I mean, Just when you're just struggling, like it's gone. Yeah, Like once I started actually getting like the old man, then that's when it's time to make a decision I worry about. But right now it's like, yeah, it's annoying, dude, annoying every time.
Speaker 3: First of all, you have a you have hair that you can play with. You have hair like today, I'm gonna ever do that, dude. That's that's a you can we call the.
Speaker 11: Black Forest of Germany. I would get lost in that. Stop doing that, dude, Stop doing stop.
Speaker 2: He'll he'll talk about like, hey, like you know, then plugs and he's like we'll be like we'll be about to hit the song after work kind of like, dude, Yeah, it's kind of you know, you can kind of see the trees in the forest right there, and they're like, man, I'm kind of worried about my all right.
Speaker 3: You his hair, you could wear a fit.
Speaker 11: You've got the kind of hair everybody compliments.
Speaker 3: You look amazing.
Speaker 1: It has it has eually turned into something that.
Speaker 3: Look like your hairline is not even close to being like all the kind of hair that goes well with a cape.
Speaker 2: Fuck off, holy ship, I said it.
Speaker 3: And that. So it's nice to hear my chains are tight. Huh. These are true classical cheeses.
Speaker 2: Leo.
Speaker 1: You're in shape.
Speaker 3: Well, I work. I work my legs in my ass. Climb a rope right.
Speaker 2: Now, and you can climb a rope, you notice, Yeah, you feel like your brain's waving on you at all, Like you're about to get a little scene out coming in the.
Speaker 3: Coming No, but my fucking eyes are going and I don't need to do a dog gets now. I have to read like I can read. I can.
Speaker 11: Feel read that label and I can't anymore. I can read that, but not the little ones that bothers me.
Speaker 1: Did you get like lasy?
Speaker 3: I guess you know. Look, I'm not gonna be the guy. Hey, I'm not into longevity. I'm done with this fucking everybody wants to live forever.
Speaker 2: You off because you're made you mad everybody.
Speaker 1: You're in the wrong audience right now.
Speaker 11: In Valley and everybody my age, everybody's taking all this like anti aging shit.
Speaker 1: Fuck off.
Speaker 3: Salad. It makes me feel like a coward. I fucking hate salad. Fuck salad.
Speaker 11: I've never eat the sala where I didn't want it to be over And the only reason reason I eat salad because I think in my mind that maybe it'll keep cancer at Bay a little longer.
Speaker 3: Salads for cowards.
Speaker 4: That Yeah, that's a super short right there, Jack.
Speaker 11: I feel that I haven't turned that into a bit, but I want I want to. Yeah that was I thought that was a gring about it. Salads are for cows.
Speaker 3: Annoying. I mean, you know, everybody's got everybody in lost, everybody in Los Angeles, everywhere else has taken all these there was all these anti Asian drugs coming out. Just eat well.
Speaker 11: I just had they just looked under my hood. I just had a crazy check up where they they look at everything. No, I didn't need to do that because I do it with blood, now do they?
Speaker 3: That was a big fingers.
Speaker 1: I'm still gonna I'm still gonna like, I'm gonna be like, no, doctor.
Speaker 3: A little bit is such a tough one for me. Yeah, the split there too. Christtagine if you were.
Speaker 11: A doctor and you were like I used to play in the NFL on the wall and go to your happy place, and I would hope you as you went up, you're canna hear this? Concentrate on the sound vibration, right and then and then I feel your mustache on the back of my neck.
Speaker 1: A little.
Speaker 3: Breathing. How is it, doctor, Doctor? Is my prosy flat as a pancake or what? Why don't you shut your mouth? All right? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Maybe mind listening to me in a second. You feel comfortable, Thank god?
Speaker 3: Oh, let's go back to longevity. Yeah, you don't do na D. You don't. I don't do any of that bullshit. I don't do any of that ship. I don't do na D. Don't believe in it, don't even think it works.
Speaker 1: I said it, Wow, you're not a pussy.
Speaker 2: Whoever you're thinking of telling him looking at that camera and say, you're not a You're not.
Speaker 1: A pussy pussy?
Speaker 3: See that, man, they do it.
Speaker 2: There's so many things that just went through. What can we go back on and talk about a little bit more where he had us hooked.
Speaker 3: We know that Tim Kennedy's kids are good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know that he didn't jump on the I don't know if he's related to the Kennedy's.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about that bliss, that truth, that thing that took you and you're like, biology doesn't matter anymore.
Speaker 3: This is God.
Speaker 1: You find that in comedy? Is that while you're so passionate about comedy.
Speaker 11: I always knew that, you know, the biggest thing, the biggest privilege maybe is as a young person is when you figure out what it is you want to do. I think the most important things are really it's the hardest thing to figure out. Yes, I think that the maybe it's not the hardest thing to figure out. The hardest thing might be there are two things that go on. I think when you're young, you have to expose yourself to a lot of different things. Right, so, there's this idea that you immerse yourself in the best that's been thought and said. It's the idea behind education, the idea behind what's the value of reading good literature. What's the value of watching good movies instead of bullshit trash. What's the value of understanding why one piece of music is better than the other. What's the value of having a sense of having some historical context?
Speaker 3: Why read philosophy?
Speaker 11: The reason you did that as a young person is to expose yourself to a lot of different ideas. And sometimes when you do that, something might resonate. Read very loudly. And if it does, follow that, follow that direction. Follow that direction. Sorry, guys, follow that. Iypologize. I'm new to podcasts. It's silent, but but you know, so that's one thing, right you, If you're lucky enough sometimes to be thrown into something where it just clicks, you just go, I'm home. This feels great, follow that truth, because that'll lead you to other things that are much better, right, or just as good. It'll inform your whole life. You'll learn about yourself. But sometimes I think in life you don't know that you're you know, you have limited understanding, you have limited exposure, so the world's confusing to you. You don't know where to place your energy. So there are two ways out. One again is to expose yourself to as much as you can educate yourself.
Speaker 3: Read, you know, read people who've been.
Speaker 11: There before, you know. That's why I think reading great philosophy is important. Whether it's Seneca or Marcus Aurelius or or whatever it might be. There's a reason they're They're these wisdoms that you'll go, oh, fuck, you know me too, you know, I need to figure these things out. I can't escape the responsibility of being a human being. But the I think that's that's a very important aspect, you know. But then if you can't do that, here's another way out. If you're a young person again, pick anything and just dive into it blindly and get really good at it. It's what the value of a black belt in jiu jitsu is. It's what the value of being able to play any song you can on a guitar. It's the value of anything like that is, even if you don't get that good at it is, you will start to understand that the world is not as big a mystery as you think it is, that people around you are not smarter. They just they have a better operating system because somebody taught them how to do it. The worst thing you can do is say The worst thing you can do is say, oh, that's not for me. I'm not I'll just be a spectator in life.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. I can't believe that I was able to do stand up. I couldn't believe it. I was so terrified.
Speaker 11: Like the first time I did stand up, I was like, I was always the funny guy I was, you know, I was trying to be an actor and I got on stage rules. Yes, but the first time I got on stage, I was twenty six as a comic.
Speaker 3: And relatively like from an age group of labs.
Speaker 11: Start it's late, man, because I was I just didn't think it belonged to me. I just didn't think. I mean, I'm funny, but I'm not professionally funny, you know. And and what a surprise, what a surprise. It still is what a surprise it still is that I can fucking I do a special and I go, I can't write, I have nothing left to say, and then all of a sudden something comes and I go, oh, man, man, it just keeps coming. You keep just just stay still and and you know, key into the personal questions. What am I really afraid of? What do I honestly revere? How do I want to die? What do I want to say when I die? What am I going to regret when I die?
Speaker 3: What if? What would I regret if I died? Right now?
Speaker 11: You start asking yourself these deep personal questions, and that's the that's the value of being still and letting things come to you.
Speaker 3: It's not comfortable, it's really not comfortable. It's scary. Why is that? I don't know why?
Speaker 11: But sometimes just being still and letting something let just waiting for something to show itself to you. You know that idea of like kind of like you show up. It's kind of an act of faith. You know, when you're when you're trying to write, or you're trying to figure out what it is you want to do with your life, sit still for a second, man, and listen to that that that guy clearing his throat in the other room go in that direction.
Speaker 3: Man, that's the value.
Speaker 11: So I think those are those are very those are the most important things I'm speaking. I guess maybe just for men. I don't know how to speak.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 11: I can speak for young men because I was a young man. But I think the same applies to women. I think the same applies to all human beings. You want purpose, and you want meaning, and you want direction, you know, and it never goes away.
Speaker 3: Though. Yeah, it's funny because you guys are listening, so the whole room is quiet.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 11: It's funny when you start talking this way and older guys starts talking. So even though you've been successful and stuff like that, it's like you're like, wait a minute, this might be a way to navigate the rest of my life, right, We all want that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, because it is scary, scary, scar always scary, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I would moment not feeling fulfilled is like one of the most terrifying things in my mind is like I don't think about if I died tomorrow. I think when it's all over, like, am I going to be proud of what I was able to make or what I was able to achieve. Yeah, and then you just kind of working through those on a daily basis. But it's so hard, well especially you try to grow as a human. And then sometimes I sit there, I'm like, bro, how much more do I have to grow? Or how much more do I have to try to be better at things? And I just like be good with this?
Speaker 2: And it's now for like the ability to be able to do less or you're trying to like rush those yeah, things because they kind of just come to you. And when you're just I feel like sitting and reflecting and trying to get to know that truth that you're trying to speak of, like the thing that makes you like gravitate you towards.
Speaker 3: It's the big big sea. Yeah, don't talk about it like it's work. So I don't. I don't.
Speaker 11: The idea of hammering things is how we're kind of taught to be. You gotta be disciplined to do that. I can't stand that ship. You gotta wake up early and then the funk off.
Speaker 3: I love that. I don't know. I'm not. I'm not a seal. I wouldn't make it. I'd get the guy I I haven't hate those guys. No, I don't hate hate dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are what we think.
Speaker 3: I think Doggins is down the road even I want to fight them and I I want to get in their face. I want to grab Jocko Willick. I want to grab him and I want to get aggressed.
Speaker 1: Bentwood.
Speaker 3: I don't have no no, please, please, sir, please sir. I hate that. Yeah, you just see my I just start to piss.
Speaker 2: But there is a level.
Speaker 1: There's a lot like doing something uncomfortable every single day.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, but see, that's fine. That's fine.
Speaker 11: If you want to climb on everest in a fucking wheelchair, Okay, it's fine. If you want we want to run until your feet fall off. I understand there is a value to that. I don't care about that. What I care about is inspiration, you know, I don't think that's There are people like Goggins and Jocko Willock who can fucking just that's what makes them feel alive, the idea that they can grind and they can keep grinding. I don't think most people. That's not where I find inspiration. Physical, physical exertion to the point of that doesn't help me be funnier I'll tell you that that shit's great, but not for me. I can't run twenty miles and at the end of twenty miles, I'm funnier. That doesn't not how it works for me. I believe in inspiration. I believe that human beings are always moving toward pleasure and away from pain. And you have to associate discipline with pleasure. You have to associate discipline with freedom. You have to associate discipline with true north.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 11: Okay, So I don't like the idea of discipline for its own sake. That sounds like punishment for me, and it doesn't. You can't sustain it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it seems like that's just your association with it. Wow, everything with it the other way you look at his pleasure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think talking about.
Speaker 2: Anything with inspiration, like it's like, you know, the day one Will Compton won't be the same as day thirty because day thirty you're like in it and you're like, yeah, I fucking I'd like to not do X, Y and Z today when it's like depending on what you're wanting.
Speaker 3: But you guys going problem with discipline.
Speaker 11: See, when I'm talking to guys like you, you everybody has problems with it. But I'm saying you're very coachable. Like if I said that that that you guys would do it if you had fires me up. Yeah, that's fine, it does. But but you'll do it, and you'll do what I say.
Speaker 1: Yeah and uh.
Speaker 3: And but but I think that you know, you got to get to the why, why are you doing this? That's keep reminding yourself of that.
Speaker 11: And maybe if you get to the why, and the why resonates with who you really are, resonates with truth, then it won't feel like the grind. It'll feel like you're after something. And the cool thing about the journey is not getting there, but what you learn along the way, these small gifts of revelation. That's probably what fulfillment is. Where you start to settle. You start to settle where you go. You're not a mystery to me, man, I can talk to anybody now at my age. I don't care how smart you are. I don't care what your accolades are. You know, I admire a lot of people, but you don't. Necessarily you don't. You don't live in a secret room. There are no secrets. The mystery might be that there's no mystery. You know there's no higher level, higher plane. No, no, no, I think I know it's important. I think I know where to place my energy right, And I think I know when I'm fooling myself, and I certainly know when somebody's fooling everybody else. And I know the difference between spectacle and true entertainment. I know the difference between entertainment and inspiration and true art. You know that's important. Learn learn the meaningful difference between things, and your life will be a lot more rich. That's a really important thing to understand the difference. It's really important to be able to articulate and be able to say, I don't like that. I know how you're packaging this idea politics, equality, equity. What's wrong with that? Is a lot wrong with that? When that becomes the end all and be all, that's dangerous.
Speaker 3: I know why.
Speaker 11: I can point to history and I have my political philosophy and my moral philosophy in place.
Speaker 3: It's really important, right, so you don't get fooled by the packaging.
Speaker 1: How do we get that back to discipline? Because he just yeah, he did a good job of that.
Speaker 2: Just me.
Speaker 1: He made me hang up on like knowing, like believing what you believe and not wavering.
Speaker 3: Off what you believe. Well, that's where it all comes your.
Speaker 4: Difficult Well, people run into the issue that I've seen from other people that I'm around is they have a belief system, but they are not in a growth mindset willing to see the other side of anything. So how are you able to have your beliefs and everything that you believe is correct while also listening to other people to continue to grow and maybe change a few of those things once in a while, Because having concrete opinions on things is extremely dangerous to me, extremely I think if you're like, there are basic moral codes, don't kill people, don't do you know, don't steal, don't rape, like those things. Yeah, we can all sit there concretely don't do that. But then you get into the find out you said politics, like, people make great points on both sides, yes, from ideams. That's entertaining for you, is not entertaining for me. It's not concrete perfect entertainment because you just you said it is like, how do you figure that out and figure out what you're in?
Speaker 11: Good question, and it's a very good question because you know, Rogan and I talk about this all the time because when we were young men, we used to shout our opinions at each other. Right, we were concrete. We identified so strongly with our ideas, and I think what's really important is to understand that there's distance between ideas. You have to have principles in life, right, you have to have an ethical and moral code and principles. Those should be the bedrock that you anchor into when the winds start blowing in either direction it's blustery outside, when it's blustery outside, bringing it back, Taylor, bringing it back.
Speaker 2: I'm just here to help.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I am just here to help.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 11: But you're right, man, Don't be too rigid, don't be too married to your ideas.
Speaker 3: Don't purify your echo chamber. I have a whole joke about this. I'm writing about the fact that I keep super.
Speaker 11: Hardcore left wing friends around because they keep me honest. I got friends that disagree with me in a lot of ways, but they're kind of smarter than I am. So what happens is they kind of hit me with ideas I never thought about. So now I'm not getting my ideas from one one echo chamber. Man, You've got to you've got to be around people who disagree with you and who have opinions that kind of rub you the wrong way and make you be like and just kind of drive you nuts. But man, I always make sure I do that. I always make sure I read Like you know, people had this big problem with critical race theory.
Speaker 3: I read all the critical racist theories.
Speaker 11: I read Ibram Candy's How to be an Anti Racist, I read tonk I've read everything ton of Coats has written, all these these these sort of like new age radical sort of idea of tear down all the institutions because everything is racist and stuff like that. I wanted to read them. I wanted to give them their day in court so I could I could get from them what I think is valuable and get from them what I think needs to be rebutted.
Speaker 3: You know. So I agree with you, man, expose yourself to the other side, especially if it makes you feel uncomfortable, you know. So, very very good point, man, very good point. So I'm not talking about being rigid that way. I'm talking about you. There is criteria. There is criteria for for great art.
Speaker 11: Look, you have to understand the difference between a good idea and a bad idea, you do, because if you don't, man bad ideas, when bad ideas take the day, people die. And my proof for that is the historical palette. I'll just point to it, Okay, I'll just point to it. That's my problem with the far left because communism didn't work out so well, because when you have to, when you create equality, you have to enforce equality. You have to engineer it.
Speaker 3: We're not equal.
Speaker 1: So why do you think I don't want to misten to political thing.
Speaker 3: No, it's not why political.
Speaker 4: It's more philosophical if it If communism is so not going to work, why are so many people being down the door for it in this country?
Speaker 11: Because I think a lot of times, if it's packaged the right way in different in a different bow, and you're young, it's always been something that feels so damn cozy. It just if you're a good person and you want everybody to be okay, and you're an empathetic person, it's hard not to feel that way because we are communists. I'm communist with my who is it? I think that somebody said that, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, commist my family.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're right, Well yeah he said it with rogen, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, communist with my family and what a socialist with my with my town, A Democrat with you know, in a Republican with the world. You know, I I That's what I always say, Like, you know again, if I was I'd be I'm the worst because if I was president and you know, you wouldn't vote for me, because my joke is I I'd be like, I don't know. Sometimes maybe it depends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's but but you do need to.
Speaker 11: But at the same time, what I really admire about Jordan Peterson is that guy has he has worked hard to know where he stands.
Speaker 3: And you define whether you know it or not.
Speaker 11: Man, this is the problem, This is the rub is you define yourself along the lines you're willing to fight for you do. That's how you define yourself. That's what a country is, that's what a person is. You you have to you have to be able to define the lines along which you will defend and not to be too dramatic, but maybe even to die for. What are you willing to die for? You know, what you're willing to live for? Or what are you willing to die for? That's a fucking dramatic question. But I don't think you escape that out at the end of the day. And if you do, oh, you'll you'll have a tough time living that down if.
Speaker 2: You're like somebody like a Jordan Peterson who's worked his entire life to be all of us though, you know. Yeah, but as polarizing as he is, now, how do you think you stay flexible and not as rigid in your mind? Because obviously he's like, he's like a focal point of so many conversations now because of the things he says, he stands on.
Speaker 3: He's worked hard to get there, But.
Speaker 2: How do you think he probably maintains that level of staying a little bit curious?
Speaker 3: Well, I talked to him about it. Boys, I've done two podcasts with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can get him on the buck.
Speaker 3: Where's my camera?
Speaker 1: You want to get him on the bus. We can get him on the buck.
Speaker 3: I'm on the bus right now at him here.
Speaker 1: No, we would love that right now, right now, he answers, all right, so, hey, I'm on this.
Speaker 3: He's busy, busy.
Speaker 1: You got his number in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got him speed out. Well I just hit this, hit this and he comes.
Speaker 1: Up, Yeah, hey, Bud, it's speed I can't hear.
Speaker 3: Me hear me. Yeah, no, I did.
Speaker 11: I did a couple of podcasts with him, and I said to him, I said, uh, I said, do you feel like you're winning this war? And he looked at me and goes, I don't want to win this war. I don't want to win because I'll create in grades, I'll create resentful people. I want to change their minds. I want to win their hearts and minds. I want I want, I want my argument. I want them to at least listen long enough. That That's why dialogue is so important. That's the point of freedom of speech. Right, That's what John Stewart Mill said. Why is freedom of speech so important? Why is it so dangerous when people say words are violence or or like your your your words are hurting me, and we should have speech laws. That's the most dangerous shit of all time. Because if you freedom of speech is so important. I got to hear what you have to say. It might make me feel uncomfortable, but what it'll do is it'll either get me to change my mind, reinforce what I believe, because you're hitting me with an argument I can rebut right, or I'll take a little of what you have. You know, it's like idea sex. Let's have some idea sex. I don't have all the answers. You don't have all the answers. Put them together, see what happens. It could be pregnant with a new idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always bring it back to that shorter incubation period.
Speaker 2: It's important too, that you're able to put yourself in the other shoes versus like going into like a debate style or dialogue versus like I can't wait for my next or and to talk and shut them up.
Speaker 3: So important.
Speaker 11: But you guys, are you guys are on the ball. This stuff is lost on you. I feel like you guys are right where you should be.
Speaker 3: What did I say?
Speaker 1: Every day with yourself?
Speaker 3: Though? Yeah, isn't it weird? You have to be reminded about it?
Speaker 4: And I think you did an incredible job of you say like, discipline is not the way ball ball, you don't need to do all these hard things. But then you say, oh, you're you don't want to be easy and you don't want everything to be cozy bath and then but your whole goal is to find peace and easiness in life.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting contrast.
Speaker 11: It is a contrast, but that's kind of the rub, right, It's like we are walking contradictions and and yeah, like you don't.
Speaker 1: You remember that commercial.
Speaker 4: Commercial the person be on the bus and they get the starburst is like it's a solid but it's also juicy.
Speaker 3: Hey, write it down, write it down, solid but it's juicy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna unpack that later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so much. You know what I'm getting for my next tattoo, the Starbirds.
Speaker 1: I get home and I'm gonna undwind about you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are right. I will sucking on Starbucks hard, well, sucking it hard.
Speaker 1: Get after that. What's your favorite color?
Speaker 3: I think purple or the lavender?
Speaker 1: Oh of starbars or just in like stars general, oh, starbursts, sorry star wars.
Speaker 3: I don't need sugar. I don't need sugar.
Speaker 1: You don't need sugar.
Speaker 2: You don't indulge every now and then on a nice little starbars, a pink Starbars like that?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that funny?
Speaker 3: Jack wasn't the best on the lessons?
Speaker 11: You didn't have any dehydrated grass fed liver fucking candy. Who brought the fucking lack of discipline? Who brought the tall children.
Speaker 3: To the fucking bus Starbucks.
Speaker 2: Tell them about that billboard we saw in Vegas, tailor.
Speaker 4: That billboard that Georgia Boot built up, but built of a billboard, Dude, it's the most it's the world's most comfortable boot. This zign for the longest shift in the toughest job. The core of Georgia Boots messaging relies on delivery. Why can't delivery boots that are as comfortable as they are tough boots that you can wear from work to the bar, whether you're working on the front line, fixing that shelf in your closet or grilling out back. These george These Georgia's are the best boot for the job. Georgia boot are designed with comfortable with comfort in mind, featuring cushioned insoles and support of technology for all day comfort.
Speaker 1: Do his favorite.
Speaker 3: Head over to.
Speaker 4: Georgia Boot dot com and use code busts and that's b U s s i N for twenty percent off. That's georgiaboot dot com and the code is busting' b ussi N.
Speaker 1: Back to the episode, Man, anyway, what were you asking me to get off the bus? That was too much?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, you were saying on Barkley. You were saying something before the starburs.
Speaker 3: Your thighs. Your thighs are but they're modest yeah right, yeah, like you have their thighs. Yeah. But the fact but when I think of football pro football players, you know, you think sometimes right, yeah, and they're good legs for sure. They're not.
Speaker 1: Sitting here kind of be a little a little scary.
Speaker 11: I really appreciate that fact that I look at you and I go, you're you're a linebacker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's relatable.
Speaker 11: You watch it, You're like, man, this is your related Well you think you can't and then yeah, and then you toussle up with them and.
Speaker 3: You go, oh what, No, I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: People look at your legs and they watch what you do and they say, oh, I can do that. I think you and Brian were the same jeans.
Speaker 3: We probably do. Yeah, that's why I have the eyes.
Speaker 2: Off. The legs and the eyes they are tiny.
Speaker 3: What's what's I know, not tiny, but they're thin. They're thin comparative.
Speaker 4: My legs resemble every single animal you see on National Geographic being chased by the line a little more petite, quick twitches but eventually get caught.
Speaker 3: What what what is the area of everybody. The most insecure about nips.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, for sure, I used to be my calves. No, they're ever since it was a kid. They puff, they puff out.
Speaker 3: Are those number one?
Speaker 1: Are your nipples number one? Like I know they're out there, No one.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I have like a glaring insecurity. I think it's when I especially when I was in the middle of football. Yeah, it would be just the entire body in general. You were really Will took a photo of me when we were in Tennessee one time. I got really upset about it, really because I was like putting.
Speaker 2: His shirt on.
Speaker 3: Why because?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 4: Because you feel because when you're playing a sport, there's a level of identity. It's yeah, like I identify as a lean, athletic tackle.
Speaker 3: And when the.
Speaker 4: Body, when I get a little turnt and maybe get yeah, and the photos taken, I think to myself, people now think I'm not working hard.
Speaker 1: People now think this about me.
Speaker 4: Interesting, and so I get consumed by that. Now, losing forty pounds and my knee is a certain way. I don't know if I can play ball again. I become much more comfortable with myself second one, and since I had one in twenty twenty and then twenty twenty two, you're going through some weird stuff right now. Yeah, mentally, not near as difficult as the first time. The first time we were on Sewie watch for a little bit, not literally. Yeah, it's got to be very hard and weird. Like if you if I'm in a football game, I'm trying to be sucking my stomach in the entire time.
Speaker 3: It's so fuck it was.
Speaker 4: It was, yeah, and it was very It was just like consuming. Yeah, body, I think all of us have extremely consumed. What's your biggest insecurity on your body? Yes, you get a nice chest. This has been This is the worst podcast, dude. It's just outrageous.
Speaker 3: How the fuck did you just jump in like that? That's not right, dude.
Speaker 4: That's three or four times during this podcast play you can play the video back.
Speaker 6: You do.
Speaker 4: Feel your chest, feel my legs. You feel your legs a lot. My new jeans complimented your legs quite a bit. And you haven't gone to the torso so I just that was from the hip.
Speaker 3: That was from the hip.
Speaker 1: I think you fell in that shirt nicely.
Speaker 3: I think you I like that you said that my chest. You talk about arms, I don't want to if I'm a skinny guy.
Speaker 4: Like you're all trying a nice arms, you're all lower body. Yeah, I'm you're sturdy, like if there was a torn end of the day we got a hold on.
Speaker 3: I'm built like a frog. No, I know you're the opposite of what I got. Fucking my dogs have my legs.
Speaker 1: You can spring at any moment spring.
Speaker 3: Well, I got yeah, the small knees, but my my thighs in relation.
Speaker 1: To my do have the where the knee is smaller and then a girth.
Speaker 3: And then it mushrooms out.
Speaker 2: What's the farthest you went to get your chest bigger, because I'm sure chest is so easy to get lost in the sauce mag I'm going to do it, never going to do a hundred to day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think. I think I never really had this the so so that's really funny.
Speaker 11: I guess if I really decided I'm going to put on muscle and I'm gonna eat a certain way and I'm gonna actually work at.
Speaker 3: It, that I can't do. I can't do it. I can't I can't go like I can't be that vain.
Speaker 11: I can't sustain that because ultimately I'm like, this is this is fucking lame.
Speaker 3: Like what I want to do.
Speaker 1: I'd rather be like three boys.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, But that's why I know. I I just feel like I'm being too vain.
Speaker 11: So I'll do I'll find myself just doing like a CrossFit workout because somehow I feel like it makes me more athletic or more functionally fit, which.
Speaker 3: Is probably all bullshit.
Speaker 11: But the minute I'm doing flies and I'm trying to isolate my chest, I'm like a fuck man, I'm doing this for the wrong reasons and it doesn't matter anyway, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like with shob you know, I was we were sitting there.
Speaker 11: I go, should I get the way protein or should it be way protein isolated?
Speaker 3: He goes, doesn't really matter? Does it doesn't matter?
Speaker 4: Does it?
Speaker 1: It's nothing that's going to change.
Speaker 11: And I was like, fuck, you're right, Like I walk and I go I gained four pounds. He goes, dang, okay, right, you know, like we.
Speaker 1: Might have found your u your hate for discipline. Yeah, I might have figured it out.
Speaker 4: I work out you were you refuse to invest in the body and you don't like to do supplements.
Speaker 3: You don't do anything. Now I'm doing.
Speaker 11: I'm doing supplements. I'm taking vitamin D okay, and I'm taking fish oil.
Speaker 2: Nice nice brother, Yeah, but I mean, yeah, I I I would like to to supplement the D.
Speaker 3: No, but I do want to go.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 3: I just hit my testosterone and and I'm good.
Speaker 2: If you like need you need like vitamin K to help break down and help the vitamin D absorbing.
Speaker 3: And I'm doing all I think I'm doing. I'm taking this really good multi vitamin too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got your this osterone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my testosroe is good? What is seven hundred?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 11: Yeah, but they they back so they give you your free testosterone and then they they work backwards.
Speaker 3: So I didn't get an actual reading. What does that mean.
Speaker 1: I've never tested to.
Speaker 2: I think my testosterone is very good for my you know, the primes like in the molest of my test and it was like years ago, was in the fours really but that but.
Speaker 3: See, you have to be careful because you might.
Speaker 11: First of all, when you train as much as you do, you work out and you're not sleeping, and there's all that stuff. It varies, so a lot of times they say if you haven't if your sink levels are low, if you haven't slept, your testosterone can take a dive.
Speaker 3: In that moment, I think I'm not a guy.
Speaker 2: I was going directly toward like my thyroid too, because he's like, don't even worry about the you know, don't worry about the testosterone number.
Speaker 1: We got to look at other things like the factors of.
Speaker 11: Like three testosterone and yeah, I don't know anything, but I just know that like athletes, a lot of times are surprised that their testosterone is low. But I think sometimes that can be because you're you know, the people like Andrew Hubertman and those guys know what they're talking about. I don't, but I think that they It does fluctuate.
Speaker 3: You have to be careful. So I think the way to do it is to make sure your sink levels everything is where it should be, and and you're sleeping, you know you're I think it varies, so that might be a false reathon.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about doing TRT or anything like that.
Speaker 11: I can't wait, But I'm waiting till the day I don't have energy, or the day that I can't keep up with my young wife, m But right now, I.
Speaker 1: Love how you gras in the back too. Gray Smoke is Gray.
Speaker 2: Smokes is just fine.
Speaker 1: Gray Smoke's alive and well.
Speaker 3: Brother, Gray Smoke is live and well.
Speaker 1: Just Grace, just Gray Smoke.
Speaker 3: Okay, Grace Smokes got it. Gray Smokes got a one year old? Okay, congratulations. Yeah, mom wants another one. So far. Don't seem to be having a problem.
Speaker 1: Throw on the blue pill and get the word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't. I've never used it nice, I've never I'll tell you when I do, but I've never had to. I've never had to take any of that. So that's a good sign.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's a great sign. Yea, absolutely, that's.
Speaker 3: That's uh well, you know, but it's going to go eventually.
Speaker 1: Fifty six years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're moving well, you move well, yeah, well we'll stay on your toes, right, guess moving around.
Speaker 3: Do you guys do any training any fighting?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Man, but I want to I want to start kind of getting into that, like just like a couple of times a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to throw hands a little bit. You want to spar No, not smart like train like go hands with the boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I will.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying like I would love to get in, like mixing the cardio, like start to like learn because people talk about the not that I and maybe maybe that'll be like something that you know, I hear them in the other room. But when people talk about the black belt and kind of like what's behind and everything else, it kind of.
Speaker 1: Like inspires you to like maybe maybe I should get in and just see what it's like.
Speaker 11: I like you, I mean with your athleticism, I mean jiu jitsu would go along. We'd pick it up real quick.
Speaker 2: We wrestled a little bit when we were younger.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah you did, Okay, so you got you understand a little bit. Yeah, I guess Matt sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Will and I have wrestled on three separate occasions, and I always end.
Speaker 3: Up on my back. Yeah, well he's if he wrestled and you never have brother, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He takes advantage of me.
Speaker 2: It's all been a cauliflower here, that's always.
Speaker 1: Then you want to coin some wrestling background high school? Yeah, up through high school?
Speaker 2: All right, My brother was a stud scholarship Nebraska Senior National champion in high school.
Speaker 3: Yes, you got some bad agree going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking about the other day with our dads and how I would be crying in the backseat trying to make weight, and all I could was like a protein shake because you're like cutting weight. The little bro he's like in the shower, he's like in our bathroom. They're like stuff in towels at the bottom of the So Eric can't get out.
Speaker 3: You'rest college or in that way.
Speaker 2: He wrestled in college. Yes, wow, yeah, d one you Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Oh he's in Nebraska.
Speaker 11: Oh you got you got an athletic family, your brother's and that's that's a crazy wrest serious program.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh yeah. So you don't want to get under hooks on that kid. He'll take you right down.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, he's nice.
Speaker 2: He's nice with the ankle picks, big boy right out of the gate.
Speaker 1: No, he was a one fifty seven.
Speaker 3: What are you walking at right now?
Speaker 1: Eight?
Speaker 3: Sometimes two thirty three? Deceptive, Hey, guys, deceptive. Yeahmpton looks like a regular kid till you grab him. Okay, till you grab them when he's up close and personal and you can feel, you can feel that fucking hairline digging into your chin. We got some problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 3: No wrestling though, Huh, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: I don't know nothing about it. Dabbling that it would be a mixed martial artist night, Yeah, but I don't. I've never I didn't even know you wanted to do that. It's amazing, Like.
Speaker 2: It's like like just for like training, like mix it in versus us just doing like weight training all the time.
Speaker 11: You guys like you can, I mean just learning how to box and stuff, throwing hands. I was I was used to boxing them, and and my trainer would throw me in with everybody. Wayne mccullor goes, goes far with them.
Speaker 3: We're like fucking you know.
Speaker 11: And then there was a kid who played. He was a catcher in the baseball uh and the Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: MELB, l MLB. All the words, yeah, all the words.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not even American, and you guys it's been a big fucking his rules.
Speaker 11: But he, uh, he was a catcher and he played for years, and he was two thirty five and uh just all asked and legs and I'm watching he didn't know how to box that much, but he was learning how to throw hands.
Speaker 3: And he was hitting mits.
Speaker 11: He was going bo hop bop hoop and it was just all coming and you could just boom boom. And my trainer goes, he wants to spark. You want to once you get in there and work with him, and I go, no.
Speaker 3: Fucking no, because that's a way better athlete and he's much bigger, and look at how hard he's hitting. If I make one mistake and going bye bye, I'm going to sleep. I would never fuck around with anybody who's a pro athlete like that. I would never get in like you were, like I've been boxing for like, I would never I'd be like never doing that.
Speaker 11: You're too strong, you hit too hard, you're too you've done you can communicate with your body too well?
Speaker 3: Does that? We have very few guys in the UFC who actually played footbeah, but if you train, you could easily take us out. Not me, but a guy. Yeah, yeah, I'll keep you if I get behind him.
Speaker 1: Here we go there like Michael Chandler. You think Michael Chandler.
Speaker 3: You want no part of Michael Yes, yes, yeah, I mean we're talking about Michael Chandler. You want no part of Michael Yeah, no, no part be a part no, yeah, disaster. And by the way, he'll if he if he grabs you, you're in. You're in all the trouble, trouble. And if you try to bang with him, you're in all the trouble. And he's gonna kick that fucking that. You see that. You see that antelope half yours? Yeah, you see the I want.
Speaker 11: You to get the You see this area where it's all sweet, it's all nice, and I mean that's you use that to push off. You see those all those muscles and all that stuff nice there. He's gonna drive his fucking shin at one hundred miles an hour into that about seventeen times, and you're gonna be trying to grab and he's gonna be going boom, and then he's gonna go get and just catch you in the floating rib and then and then you're gonna grab and you're gonna go.
Speaker 3: Hey, why does he feel like?
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 3: Oh it's a piece of marble with feet.
Speaker 11: And why yeah? Why is he behind me? And then your face is gonna go purple and you're just gonna see Esco. You know it's you don't want to.
Speaker 4: And then you know he's he's gonna fight Conor McGregor. Right, Oh, I know what do you think is going to happen there?
Speaker 3: I think that I think Michael has to wrestle with him.
Speaker 11: I think the mistake that if I mean, if I may be so bold, I think I don't want to TV show.
Speaker 3: You don't want to see.
Speaker 11: Michael try to stand at mid distance and throw hands with Connor McGregor. I think that Connor's as good as anybody it's ever stepped in the octagon at hands, his understanding how to stand on the edge of the pocket and counter you. He's got such a high fight. I q he's just as good. What what what he lost to with Dustin Poyer, who is just as good as well? Is those those leg kicks. But you don't want to be standing there banging with him. And and Michael is so explosive and powerful. But I think that his athleticism as a wrestler and his explosiveness has afforded him the ability because he's so incredibly athletic to end fights very quickly. But sometimes when you're that athletic and that explosive, you are maybe not as fundamentally sound as someone like a Connor McGregor. Because you're gonna make you're gonna make some mistake. Your hand might be here as opposed to hear you're gonna make the the the fine details have not been drilled into you the way they were into Dustin Poyer because they didn't have to be. But when you get to that higher level like Dustin Poyer and you are throwing with your hand here or whatever it might be, because you're so powerful, those guys can capitalize on that.
Speaker 1: So how do you think it's gonna go. Who do you think he's gonna win that fight?
Speaker 3: I don't know what Connor's gonna show up, but it's hard for me. I don't know.
Speaker 11: That's a really hard one, if I really, if I had to put my money on it. Again, if my Michael tries to stand and bang with Connor, it's not a good idea. But if Michael's kicking, if he's doing low kicks and he's fucking grabbing the legs and he's wrestling with him and putting him on his back, that's the way to beat him, you know. And then once he gets him tired, my game plan for him would be would be, uh, kick him in the legs and try to wrestle him and get him on his back and wear him down and then in round four you can start tee off. But I think to stand there like he did with Dustin Poier, you know, in the pocket like that, and try to try to fist the cuff with him is going to be That's very dicey with Connor, he's.
Speaker 2: Too good right getting caught up in the spectacle, you know, with Gay chie Poier, all of them. I'm sorry, Gachie, you can talk about Chandler Gay chie Poe like getting caught up in the spectacle of well, like just straight backyard.
Speaker 1: He'll billy fight.
Speaker 11: That's what happens though, because you're he's such an athlete and he's such a competitor that sometimes there are guys.
Speaker 1: Who go, the motherfucker put his hands down. I was like, yeah, keep hitting me.
Speaker 3: There are guys. Yeah, so there are guys.
Speaker 11: Rocky are guys who hear people like me say stuff like I'm saying, and they go, oh, really, okay, let me show you how I let me show you. I'm gonna bang with that dude. And I understand that, but I'm just saying if I were his coach, I would be very I would be very scared of Connor's hands at mid distance boxing.
Speaker 3: Connor's have very odd idea.
Speaker 4: And Mike gets his rocks off by making it an electric fight. Yeah, it's not an electric fight if you're on the ground. There's a reason you get the booing from the crowd. People are like, what are they doing? And then only the analysts that are sitting there that know the game the best are like, this is a great fight.
Speaker 3: There's a reason the technique they're using.
Speaker 11: There's a reason he's Michael Chandler. That's what makes him so amazing. But you saw what happened with Dustin Pourier. The same thing could happen to him.
Speaker 2: If he almost had.
Speaker 1: Dust in the first round, he could have won that fight easily.
Speaker 11: And that's how he has always won those fights, right, And yes, the exact opposite, until you get to that level. Until you get to that at that elite level, you cannot lie on almost getting somebody, because yes, he's got the power to put anybody to sleep. But those high level guys they gain plan for that. They know where to it's they know where to put their feet. You understand the Dustin knows where to put his feet, so he's not in a position where you are he's not in your pipe here. He's putting his feet places, his hands are just a certain way, so that that stuff, he'll take that away from you.
Speaker 3: You'll get that.
Speaker 11: You'll get those shots twice in the first round as he's feeling you out, maybe three times. But then what makes Dustin so amazing, what makes Connor so amazing, is they download what you're doing. They download your patterns quickly, and they download your tendencies, and they download when you're gonna, when you're about to throw that, and then they start putting you in uncomfortable positions. The way they're standing. You got to now adjust and they unload on you. That's that's boxing. It's like all it's where they place place their feet. It's not your head and movement. It's where they're placing your feet and how they're moving their feet to get you to adjust. They're getting you to play their game. And those guys can get you into their sandbox. They're not in your sandbox. They might feel you out in the beginning, but they're getting you in your sandbox. That's what's so beautiful about fighting and boxing, especially the great strikers like that. They're just they will get you to.
Speaker 3: Do shit that you don't.
Speaker 11: They have patterns, and they have so many patterns, and so that's why when you that's why I'm so fucking pumped about this Ghana Jones fight because you're Cyril. Ghan is a high level striker. He does shit that you can't see. It's so it's so fucking subtle. It's like Peter Yon. It's like little details like where they play, where he places his back foot, like when he fought. If you ever watched Peter on the first time he fought Al Jamner, sterling was fucking amazing because I kept I couldn't figure out what he was doing, but he kept split in hands. So Aljamen is here and he kept like you would see him, he would he would step tiny bit to his left, he'd step back, boom, throw he jab, so he'd be like this, So what he was doing is taking this body off center line and now his hands here because because aljama is here, and I was like, oh, he's catching it. And then you'd see him all of a sudden, you'd see aljamer move and he'd throw right and catch him and I was like, how the fuck is he doing that? Well, what he was doing was he'd he would program your brain. It's step like back step back, jab step back, jad right step back, chat three times. Now you go, oh fuck, I see what he's doing. So now you next time he does that, I'm going to adjust. So if I see that little back foot move, I'm gonna move. So he's still here and he's not gonna throw that left so he can catch my hands. So then so pion would just go, he'd fake. Now he instead of stepping, he would just fake a little bit and you'd go. And then he'd throw it right and you catch it right that that minuscule ship your your corner can't even see.
Speaker 1: And how did you develop this type?
Speaker 3: This type of he loves it, he loves fighting, and I do it, you know I was.
Speaker 11: I would get in there with Wayne McCulloch was a world champion, silver medal in the Olympics. He's he is a Hall of Fame boxer and and I used to sit there and train with him and pick his brain and then I would spar and I would, you know, I would. And then my other friend Taraka Seem who is uh Luke Rockholdt and and uh uh uh Jake Shield's coach like I would.
Speaker 3: These guys would.
Speaker 11: Waste their time on me. But I loved it so much. I loved it so much that they were willing to teach me. They have no business teaching an idiot, like I'm a fucking civilian, But I I'm such a student of the game. I love I love the game. I love boxing, and I love that that minutia, and then I love being able to see. I like being able to see the things that other people aren't necessarily seeing. And Cyril gone, dude, be ready for that.
Speaker 1: So who do you think is gonna win that fight? Because John Jones is I am a casual watcher.
Speaker 4: I'm not a person that like breaks it down like you just did an incredible job of giving me some insight to the game.
Speaker 1: When I watch, like, I just know that John Jones is.
Speaker 4: You're hoping he comes back heavyweight Conor McGregor, like he truly is, like they argue, the best of all time. He had the cocaine stuff, he had all this all this fight, I q is he's incredible. He's incredible, but he's like a he's a rising individual. So I look at this fight and I'm legit just hoping Jones wins because they're like, I love the storyline of him coming back three years later all that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but he is Everybody always chalks up his athleticism, so I don't think that's fair to John Jones. John Jones has the highest fight a Q of anybody. John Jones can figure out what you're doing and he downloads everything you're doing. That when he knocked Daniel Cormier out with that, with that headkick, that was not an accident.
Speaker 3: That was all planned because Daniel was dipping. He dips, he dips. I think it's to the left.
Speaker 11: He dips to the left every time he dips the left and throws. And he knew that, and he he got Daniel dip and he goes He's gonna dip boom and kick them so he can again John Jones when he wants.
Speaker 3: You can't train for a guy like that. You cannot get people. If Daniel Cormier is a two time fucking Olympian, his wrestling is on a different level. That's the most impressive heavyweight. That's the most impressive fight if I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 11: Five nine. Doesn't you know he's not He's not. You look at him, and he when he's in a polar shirt, he looks like almost like a civilian. I'm sorry, but you know, and and he beat the funk out. The only person that's ever.
Speaker 3: Beaten that guy is John Jones. He's he's astonishing. Daniel Corman, he's astonishing. But John Jones fucking took him down at will. An olympian double legged him. Excuse me, excuse me, A shorter man double legged him. It's it's astonishing, right, And but but again, is.
Speaker 1: That the fight where uh you see how to tell made way?
Speaker 3: That his second fight, Now, I mean that happened, that happened, Yeah, he helps how much trouble making two o five?
Speaker 2: You know? No, but that's like that, like that happened, yeah, yeah, yeah, like he he they ended up letting him basically, Yeah, absolutely, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it was It's like, I don't know about that. I'm not gonna say that.
Speaker 2: You know, we already got what we needed anyway, ante what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I just touched the wall.
Speaker 11: But what I'm looking for to though, is is watching John now that he's been out for three years.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of ring rust. But if there's anybody who's not susceptible to ring rust. It's that genius.
Speaker 4: Do you think having the ability to download somebody is intangible or can that be learned?
Speaker 11: No, I think that's probably intangible. I think that's fight IQ. That's a different thing. That's something that COONa McGregor has as well. But what I'm what I'm curious about with the what I'm really looking forward to with John and Ghana is that Ghana is a natural giant. He's a two hundred and sixty five pounds.
Speaker 3: Man's fantastic, yes, and he moves.
Speaker 11: He's like just an athlete, maybe on like an NFL level. I would imagine, you know, I'm careful with that, but you can see it like and he's also you know, John gets hit and John's not a knockout guy. So I don't think Cyril Goan is going to be afraid of John. I don't think serrol Gon's going to be worried about that. I think sirro Gan is going to be like, I will stand and bang with you, and you can't get hit by Cyril gon once well, or you're going to sleep. He knocked out. Tied to a vasa tied to is tonguin or Maori or Samoan. I'm not sure, but he's.
Speaker 3: We've already established it.
Speaker 1: They're different.
Speaker 3: He's just indestructible. They're different. And uh yes, okay, I'm just yeah legends trying to foll and and bang with that guy and see what happens. Right, You guys know from football, it's a whole different thing. So but Cyril Gan put him to sleep. It's it's a it's a different thing. So so so John has to wrestle with Cyril Gun. And if Cyril Gun was smart, he's getting all those Eastern European and Russian wrestlers in France to come down to his camp and fucking give him hell in the clench and everything else.
Speaker 11: So he understands what to do. A lot of people think I'm wrong, but I'm going with Cyril Gun.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: You might have to clip that, Yeah, clip that hour in forty two minutes.
Speaker 2: This has been unreal, Bro, appreciate you always know you have a great podcast, and we've just basically it's like story time. It's like we just give you the mic as a cop questions and you can go, Bro, thank you, and it's fun listening to you as serious like your wisdom, the way you think about everything, the way you kind of storytell along with it.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's awesome. Obviously it comes with a lot of experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's been fucking awesome listening to you, and I hope everybody who is watching and listening like enjoys as much as we do. Because clearly you have a lot of joy, and you have a lot of passion in the comedic realm and humor and everything else. But also like your curiosity along your path and quest to acquire you know, all the knowledge and things that you have to find your own, like truth and everything else is like just as admirable.
Speaker 1: It seems like you've watered all the plants in your life.
Speaker 11: I continue to it's a process, right, and plants is a good metaphor because you know, if you don't keep watering them, Yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Die personally, like I was trying to get to but it's almost like you want to know a couple of those pivots in your life that happened that made you get on that quest, because it's not like it's just an a natural knack that you have to go to. Usually some shits going on to where You're like, man, I'm just not being fulfilled right now? What holes am I trying to field to kind of wake that giant up to rest.
Speaker 11: Everything lead right hopefully. You know, if you're going for something and you really want something to yourself, you are going to reach You're going to meet those you are going to meet that, You're going to meet your shadow and only the blessed do so be ready for it.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing. It's not a bad thing. Stick around.
Speaker 1: It was an honor to me. This is this is a lot of fun and everything. Guys, I'll tell you we have a great time with the show tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you if you like.
Speaker 11: If you like me up and you're in New York, March eleven, Sony Hall, maybe maybe the next weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm a nya.
Speaker 2: This will be out and probably I don't even know when, probably back half of March.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what are you doing back half of March?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Briancallan dot com. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: So what I was saying before the whole like we're going tonight and thinking that we were messaging who am I talking to on the Fighter and the kid profile it's his name is it Thomas Thomas? Yeah, my boy Thomas. I just messaged him. I'm like, hey, can I get two tickets to the seven o'clock?
Speaker 3: Dude? Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 3: And Taylor? Fine?
Speaker 1: Squeeze yn letter me up, man, slather me up.
Speaker 3: Where do I pee out of my huge dick?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Brother, it's back in the corner. We'll take out there right now. Ladies, Jell, please describe right. Five stars. Thank you so much for joining us today. Big hugs, Sandy kisses,