Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Dy. I am Joselle, but I am what's that?
Speaker 1: What's up? I'm Robin Dixon.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here with us once again on the vacation. Oh, this is Memorial Day, guys, and you should be doing something memorial ish.
Speaker 1: Yes, what is Memorial Day? What is Momral Day? What are people like? What are we actually celebrating. We're celebrating people who served in like the military. Ah, not veterans and lost their lives.
Speaker 2: Veterans Day.
Speaker 1: Veterans is like anyone in the military. These are people who died. Oh are you being serious? Yeah, I've never known that. Yeah, this is a new These are I don't know if I've been. I don't know if they had to. I guess they died in service, like in combat. Oh, well, this is this is amazing. You know what. Let me not speak okay.
Speaker 2: Because I thought Veteran's Day was for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, active military okay, day on which those who died in active military service are remembered.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that, yes, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: They died fighting a war. Or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, okay, so happy Memorial Day. Yes, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Happy Memorial Day to all those who served or lost ones who served, or you know, just thank you for all of those who served, yes, and died and sacrificed their life for our freedom. Yeah, thank you for your service. So it's a national holiday. Yes.
Speaker 2: So Robin and I right now are on a yacht. It's huge. Yeah, oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: And our butler just came out with all of our drinks. So this is going to be a mini episode, as in, we're getting ready to go yep, yeah, to be no, but okay, truth be told. The Memorial Day kind of like signifies the beginning of like summer.
Speaker 1: Yes it does.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's about to be like summer, hot booty shorts off.
Speaker 1: The top, yes, yes, pools, boats, all the stuff.
Speaker 2: So you guys don't belong to a pool, right, And I've been waiting for you to run in the back. What happened to the pool?
Speaker 1: I just I got sidetracked, Not that I think it was like just the commitment of it. It's a lot of work, and I think I was just like, I'm just I don't know that it's a good move for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I always just feel like pools in this area, they're they're very short lived. Like you can only you only have like three months of really being super hot in order for you to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you exactly like get your money's worth, yea. And not even just the money's worth, but like the effort that it takes. What's the effort to like the pool boy well open. I mean, if you choose to have a pool boy to come and take care of it, fine, but a lot of people take care of their own pool, so like, you know, just keeping it clean, keeping it, you know, the chemicals and stuff whatever, and then you have like stuff that breaks out. My parents have a pool, yeah, and it's like, yeah, it's the biggest headache, Like you might have a leak in the bottom of it, you know, the filter breaks or the something. It's always something. And I'm like every year, I'm like, why do y'all even bother to open this pool anymore? Like it's who's getting in this you? No, I haven't been in it in years, the voice years in years, Okay.
Speaker 2: Never mind. I was just in my mind envisioning this very six packed pool boy with the six pack and muscles and it looks very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, most people kind of like they do the maintenance themselves. They just hire someone to like open and close the pool. Did you ever have that growing up? No, a very attractive pool boy, No, I was. I was. You were the pool pool. Yeah, I was the attractive pool.
Speaker 2: That was me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now my brother, Oh it's me, Like, okay, I'll go clean the pool. I'll go damn. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that's that's what's going down. So I'm excited about where we're going this summer. As of right now, I'm going nowhere.
Speaker 1: You don't have anything planned.
Speaker 2: I kind of but that's not out of the country. The girls are working, so they informed me that they don't have enough time to like really take it like a big vaca. And I was like, you know why, you know what, I'm gonna do it without y'all.
Speaker 1: Do it when y'all go back to school.
Speaker 2: Because you know, I have a birthday in September and I can just like go travel the world without you, all right, and maybe like bloo boom oh bo too booh boo boo.
Speaker 1: All right, we're out.
Speaker 2: Here, guys. We want y'all to enjoy Memorial Day. Thank y'all for loving us. We'll be back full time next week. Guess bye bye