Speaker 1: This is Suckers.
Speaker 2: I'm Kilin Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared haven An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, welcome to a holiday edition of sucker Sorry, it's only just me and you. It's never Jared too. Dard's we need that third alto in here. Yeah, it is July fourth.
Speaker 4: It's Deem's favorite holiday.
Speaker 5: It is my favorite holiday.
Speaker 4: What's your plan?
Speaker 5: No pressure to.
Speaker 3: Get together with family, if you're if you're abandoned as a kid, it's just the best holiday because you can just get drunk with your friends and eat hot dogs.
Speaker 5: It's so great. What is our plan?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm playing in a golf tournament July third, so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 5: And July fourth, what do you want to do? You want to go up to Aspen?
Speaker 2: I think we'll be an aspin. Yeah, see the parade bop around town. It's my favorite place to be.
Speaker 5: I kind of made some lose plans for us for that weekend.
Speaker 4: And oh right, we're going to go to a cabin hang up by the lake.
Speaker 5: That's right. Oh yeah, I forget I told you about that.
Speaker 2: Will be free and to swim and run around as he pleases.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna go up to a friend's cabin.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we've thrown we've workshopped that idea a little bit, Bring some some couples up there, play some board games.
Speaker 4: My favorite favorite kind of trip.
Speaker 3: And see what other holiday can you go? And you're not gonna do that on Christmas. You're not going to do that on Thanksgivings, Okay, but you're not gonna do that on Christmas. You're not gonna get together with your friends the family that you choose and have fun. You're gonna get together with your family and have fun. But that's a different kind of fun than your friend fun. Because friend fun friend of fun, you can be loose, you can you can have a couple extra beers, you can be a little bit louder without feeling guilty about it.
Speaker 5: Friend fun is the best kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't get fireworks out here because of fires, but we get fireworks. They said they haven't done fireworks in a couple of years.
Speaker 5: Oh, I guess I haven't been out here for one. An did they have last year? For Fourth of July? We were and tell your ride they had remember because the fires? That's right, Like I said, I'm aging seven days.
Speaker 1: Every day, your guys, is planned, we'll be down in Virginia.
Speaker 4: Looking at houses.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I don't know what the hell we're going to be doing, so we'll be down there and.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's really up to ash.
Speaker 5: You guys will know this, and this is just me asking a question. What I imagine.
Speaker 3: The nice thing about Fourth of July on the East Coast is you can have fireworks over the ocean and don't have to worry about any type of fire or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yep, right over the ocean, like in Providence.
Speaker 3: For instance, there's a lot of water, so I can imagine they just like launch them up from a boat or something.
Speaker 1: No, they launch them up from the from the right on the shore and then just launch it right over water. And it's very picturesque because there's a reflection and it's beautiful. The only downside about fireworks, as we all know, is that you know the damage that does to the animals surrounding it, whether it be birds or dogs. So but I don't know, it's a hard tradition to get rid of.
Speaker 2: Having not had him for a few years, I don't really miss it. And Pappy was like so terrified. ELL's fearless, but it is really sad for the animals. People are doing a lot of petitions to get rid of fireworks.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, I mean I totally get it.
Speaker 5: I can't. You can't knock it.
Speaker 3: It sucks because it is such a fun thing to watch. But yeah, if you I guess if you think about the damage it probably causes.
Speaker 4: It's not good just for five seconds of our enjoyment.
Speaker 1: But we still love the Fourth of July. And I think that's going to do it for this episode, A very short, concise, five minute episode of fourth July, A special one, as they.
Speaker 4: Would say, quick little special.
Speaker 5: I think they're going to do fireworks this year.
Speaker 3: I remember as a kid growing up here they did fireworks every year, but that was twenty plus years ago, so I guess things have changed a little bit.
Speaker 5: It's been a dry summer.
Speaker 4: We'll report back and see. I bet not.
Speaker 3: Man. I just wish they did some fireworks. We could do some of our own up at the cabin, and that's probably dangerous. We're not going to do that, but we might. No, we're not going to.
Speaker 4: We also don't have fire insurance here, so we can't do them.
Speaker 5: Here, well, not at our house, but at the cabin. We could do it.
Speaker 3: That is going to do it this week's episode of Suckers. We hope you guys enjoy your Fourth of July. Hopefully guys have fun. Hopefully you guys get to hang out with friends or family and you get to eat some delicious Fourth of July food and have some delicious Fourth of July drinks and just have a good time out there, because it's a day we're celebrating America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how does it?
Speaker 3: Before we go, how does your grandmother feel about Fourth of July?
Speaker 4: She likes it?
Speaker 5: Does she?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't like the Thanksgiving, but she likes Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess right, because fourth of July we're celebrating our independence from the British colonies and Thanksgiving it was yeah, okay, gotcha?
Speaker 5: Yes, Well in that case, I have a great Fourth of July.
Speaker 3: That's gonna do it for this week's episode of Suckers.
Speaker 5: Be sure to see you next week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less