Speaker 1: Yet I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren can't even Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 1: It's Laura la Rosa And this is the Latest with Laura l Rosa and I'm your host, Laura Rosa, the homegirl that knows a bit about everything and everybody. And it's just daily dig on everything pop culture, entertainment and the conversations that are shaking the room.
Speaker 2: Because when you talk about shaking the.
Speaker 1: Room right now, y'all, I've been sitting in the courtroom for the last two weeks and man, like this Diddy case is, it's like all over the place. It's like one day I'm like, oh, no, what, I don't think he did any of that outside of like, you know, the beating stuff, because we were literally seeing the bruises in court. But and then the next day I'm like, man, I don't know that he might got to do some time. Like I'm all over the place every single day, but I think it's because both the prosecution and the defense are doing their job so checking in on me today. I'm a bit tired, you know, because behind the scenes of the grind and I've been grinding and Taylor, yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been out here.
Speaker 1: I've been outside literally, but I'm blessed though, I mean, I'm a little tired. I'm still figuring out how to be able to care about anything other than this case because when you sitting there all day, it.
Speaker 2: Kind of consumes your world in your mind.
Speaker 1: So yesterday I shut off early, like, I didn't get on social media after I posted my video. I just watched the Netflix series and I was like, I'm gonna start fresh this morning because I don't know, it was just like taking over my mind and my thoughts. But I think you know, when you're moving and you grooving, that happens. Work takes over how you feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: You and baby Pje. I'm good. My birthday's coming up so hot. When's your birthday? It's February.
Speaker 1: No, Taylor, why did I think you were an Aquarius?
Speaker 2: Oh that's jazz Jess is February thirteen, herst energy. What are you doing for your birthday?
Speaker 3: I'm Steve in ac Oh.
Speaker 1: Now I'm definitely really going to Atlantic City. Now I'm definitely going to Atlantic City because I was I literally was speaking to me being tired. I was thinking to myself yesterday like, man, I'm gonna just tell my mom, like, let's just stay in New York because I need to sleep all weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm trucking at the AC on Saturday.
Speaker 1: For you, this is your birthday, and I love hanging out with you and Big Patrick and Little Patrick and the belly. But let's get on into the latest, because there's so much here with Cassie and her taking the stand for the second day. If you hear me turning pages in here, or see me turning pages in the video, it's because I got my handy dandy court notebook.
Speaker 2: Baby, I'll be highlighting things.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we can't use any electronics, only the inner like the Inner City presses and a couple other outlets of the world who are in house press ken, So that's the only way I can remember a lot of the things. But yeah, So yesterday Cassie took the stand and the prosecution did their or finished their direct examination. So that basically means the prosecution those are the people that want Diddy to go to jail. They got to finish question in Cassie yesterday and.
Speaker 3: It was done.
Speaker 1: She's done speaking to them to well, sort of kind of because they could come back again and ask her more questions on a cross examination, but they're done speaking to her without any real interruptions or like basically setting up their premise with her. Okay, And now Diddy's team gets to come in and kind of like dissect the things that she said to them and kind of get their own narrative.
Speaker 2: Out there a bit.
Speaker 1: So I'm really interested to see what's gonna happen when that does happen. But yesterday in court, Diddy's family was They're interesting enough. His daughters weren't there yesterday. A lot of people were wondering, like the day that Cassie first started testifying, why did why did they stay in the courtroom because it was very graphic and they weren't in the court room yesterday. They weren't in the courtroom yesterday. It was Diddy's mom, Christian, Justin and Quincy. So Diddy's sons and his mom were in court, but the daughters were not there like they have been a lot of the other days. Maybe they just needed to break it is. It's a long day. We're in there from like nine to five just listening to people talk, listening to legal draw like they talked so legal because they're lawyers, so it's like you got.
Speaker 2: The cold stuff. But yeah, so the prosecution.
Speaker 1: When I when I last talk to you guys here on the podcast about this, I said that I don't know, I wasn't really convinced that they had a case. But yesterday, I mean, it took them a minute to get to where they were going. I told you all, they left off at a good leaving point where they were showing puff taking Cassie's things back into the court, I'm back into the hotel room. And what I meant by that was because tell I know you asked me after the podcast. What I meant by that was their job right now is to show that not only was you know, people being paid and traveled for sex, but that people were being kept against their will, made to do things against their will, and made to do things because there were threats of you know, blackmail and you know all these things. Right yesterday, that's what they leaned into. So yesterday Cassie was on the stand and they talked to her a lot about the abuse. Like when I say, they spent so much time and they have been. They spend so much time on the abuse, but they started to get into how the abuse went into her basically being trapped allegedly and not being able to leave the situation. So they opened it up talking about abuse and one of the things that they ask her is why didn't you ever just fight back? Or was there a time where you fought back? Right, physically fought back? And Cassie starts to talk about a time where she fought back and she says that, you know, Puff was like astonished, like he was confused, he was shocked, but it made him more angry and of course it just made things worse. So she learned, you know, pretty early that like you don't fight back, but she did try at some points because I think people are making it out to be that like she wanted to be in this situation and they were trying to establish that she didn't. Now another point of the video that they really focused on that last day testimony when I did this the last podcast episode before this one, Please make sure you guys gonna listen to that was the phone because Diddy's team has been really leaning on YO.
Speaker 2: This is just a jealous, toxic relationship.
Speaker 1: And y'all are arguing about a phone in that CNN video, the beating video from the hotel. Cassie's testimony yesterday was that Diddy's.
Speaker 2: That phone that was in Puf's hand was her phone she took.
Speaker 1: He took her phone, allegedly and her clothes back into the hotel room, so.
Speaker 2: She couldn't go anywhere. She could barely even call it uber to leave.
Speaker 1: But she talks about finally getting out and then even after she got out, Diddy then came to her house and it was like a whole thing. And they also have her talking about this black eye that was in question, whether she got, whether she didn't get.
Speaker 2: But then they kind of fast forward.
Speaker 1: Now, what they really spent a lot of time on yesterday is establishing how the escort service or system that Cassie and Diddy had would work. And they actually showed text messages, which I'm sure the prosecution, I'm sorry, I'm sure the defense Diddy's team is gonna try and better explain today. They showed text messag of did he actually being more involved in getting people places so he would they would talk about different people that they wanted to, you know, do these sexual encounters with and their were text messages. Did he literally saying like oh fly the men you know, things like that, which goes into the trafficking. Now I have brought up the definition of trafficking, and I know when we talk about this on a breakfast club, I'm gonna need it because a lot of people are confused about that as well too. Now the traffic the definition of trafficking, it goes into the Men Act is the transportation of individuals across state lines or intentionally for the purpose of prostitution or any other and moral purpose. That I asked yesterday in court to clarify because I was I was talking about this on the breakfast club. The difference between an escort and a prostitute. An escort is not supposed to there's not supposed to be an exchange of money for sex. A prostitute there is. Prostitution is illegal. So you see what they're doing here, Like they're they're they're putting the two together, Like Okay, y'all are getting these escorts, but they're paying, but they're having such with you guys for money. They they took time to like really verify, like okay, cat see in what states did you guys have sex, So it would be the same, like she would name like five different escorts and then she would name like five locations where.
Speaker 2: They flew them to to have sex.
Speaker 1: Right, none of the escorts yet have said they've been kept beyond their whill or anything like that, but just the act of doing that is illegal. And then they showed text message is a puff saying YO fly him out.
Speaker 2: So now they're providing exact like proof.
Speaker 1: That's been the thing people have felt like the prosecutors don't have proof, and now they're like, oh no, here's our proof. But another thing to day leaning yesterday, and I felt like this was what changed my mind about the prosecution and what they're approaching.
Speaker 2: Is is the blackmail.
Speaker 1: So Cassie had talked about how did he would mention like different black mail videos when he was upset, So if she like dated somebody else, if she, you know, made him upset, he would throw to release different freak off videos. Now, she said that she had said that there were a couple of times where she actually tried to go and date other people. She talked about kid cutting and trying to date kid Cuddy, and then she alleged that Diddy told her that he was going to blow up kids Cuddy car, Kid Cutty's car, and you remember that happened. They didn't link Diddy to that, you know, the police didn't, but Cassie is saying that it was Diddy that did that. There was a time where Cassie talked about she was just having a conversation with the manager. It wasn't even a flirtatious thing or a sexual thing somewhere, and Puff got upset and she was, you know, beat for that. And when she moved on with Alex Fine, she alleges that Diddy was texting her. And it actually showed text messages, not a facing court, not even alleged. They showed text messages from Puff texting Cassie about Alex Fine and saying, I want my money back, because remember he was paying Alex Fine as her trainer. He's like, Yo, gain my money. I pay him and you was having sex with him. Run me my money. But he's threatening her. He's like, yo, you know you got a lot of skeletons in the closet, right, Don't play with me like that. Like you're out here dealing with this man that I hired don't play with me like that.
Speaker 3: But doesn't that now contradict of him holding her against her will because she is able to date other people.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 1: But all you have to show is that there was some threats, okay. Sex traffic is a form of human trafficking involves compelling or coercing a person to engage in commercial sex acts, often through force, fraud or coercion.
Speaker 2: Force fraud or coercion.
Speaker 1: It's like, she's in this relationship where she's she kept saying it was her job to do what she was doing in the freakass right, which I think is gonna come back to better in her ass. But she's doing all of these things and people are like, well, why don't you just leave the relationship every time she missteps. It got to a point where he was threatening her. Oh I got these videos. While these videos, and it was one point she said she was out in Atlantic City and she ran into somebody who said that DJ wu Kid had talked about seeing a video of her allegedly, and it scared her because she was like, it has to be a freak of video. So Hearn's puff wasn't really speaking too much at this time. She called them and Puff was like, Yo, you need to have a conversation with him, bring him back to New York with you. Puff sent his security to go with Cassie to sit down and wool Kid and this other guy and have a conversation about what did y'all see and where did y'all see it, kind of like to scare them so that the videos wouldn't go anywhere, Like that's like that literally that it wasn't though, was it that she never saw the video? Like it never went anywhere after that, so she didn't know, but it just scared her like so bad. So here are some of the things that I think won't work to Cassie's favorite So, like, after yesterday, I do feel like, you know, Puff's team has it made out for them, for real, for real, And I mean that in a way of like they got a lot that they got to fight it back against. And I'm not I'm not nervous for them, because that first day, my mind was blown by how well Diddy's legal team was able to jump in, find loop poles, lean into certain things. But here's what I think Cassie is going to be up against. Right, There were a couple of times where Cassie said things where it was like it just didn't make any sense, even if you were a victim, whatever the case may be. So the first thing is she talked about the rape that allegedly happened in her home.
Speaker 2: So her and Puff had stopped dating. She was dating other people.
Speaker 1: She'd actually just started dating Alex Fin who was her trainer at one point and is now her husband and.
Speaker 2: Her kid's father.
Speaker 1: And they, you know, she said, they would checking here and there, you know, just to checking on each other. They decided to go to dinner, you know, for some closure, and dinner was so great, like they had a great time.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 1: So after that he took her back to our house. He came in the house. She alleges that he then raped her in her living room on the floor.
Speaker 2: Right. So the rape happens, and then she sees.
Speaker 1: Him within the next couple weeks after that, she chooses to voluntarily hang out with him after that, prosecution instantly points out, well, why would you do that, And she's like, well, you can't help. You know, if you've been with somebody and loved them for over ten years, you can't just erase that in my mind, I'm like, I, I mean, I guess I hear her because you want to believe all victims, But like, that makes no sense. If the rate was to the point where, like, now you found a lawsuit and you sit in here on a stand, why would you choose to go back with him the next week when it's fresh in your mind, your body.
Speaker 2: And your soul. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, I think that that's one thing that they're gonna tear her part about. They're also going to tell her about part about admitting that she wanted money because she felt like she was old it because of what she went through and the timeline of what she talked about where she received the money. And the money I'm talking about is Cassie had foled that civil lawsuit which kicked all of this off, alleging that Diddy, you know, was physically violent to her, mentally violent to her, alleging sexual assaw all these different things, and.
Speaker 2: She'd asked for thirty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yesterday in court for the first time ever, we found out how much she settled for. She settled for twenty million dollars. When he asked her, how does she come up with thirty million dollars. She said, I don't know, I just like made it up. She literally said, I don't know, I just like made it up. I felt like that's what I was old Ford for what I went through.
Speaker 3: That's not enough.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if you can put an amount of money on going through I'm not gonna You.
Speaker 2: Can't take away what Cassie went through.
Speaker 1: We saw photos of her yesterday, of her bruises and you know, her face all swollen up, and you can't put money on what she went through. And no one can take that away from her. And I'm not saying this to say that she didn't deserve to be compensated or whatever she thought she deserves. She deserved it. What I'm saying is that when you get on the stand and you admit that you're like you were, you caught the cause and effect because of this, you ask for money. I think the defense is going to lean into that because originally they were trying to call it a shakedown. But to her point, a lot of the things she asked for the money for we now know did happen to her.
Speaker 2: We saw it on video, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But in addition to that, she told a story about when she was originally trying to get because a lot of this came from too before she fought that lawsuit.
Speaker 2: She was trying to release a book.
Speaker 1: She wanted puff to read the book, and you know she was going to move forward after that, and blah blah blah bla. Basically they played the book. They played her like, bro, you don't got the balls to put this out? This, ain't you this saying?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? And she was like it was given that.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh, okay, back, I'm tired of y'all thinking that little old Cassie doesn't have a voice. Watch this, And then the lawsuit dropped. I think that they're there. If you're a good attorney, you can try and pull out motive of like no ill will like you know what I mean, Like, yes, all of these things are true. And in the prosecute, I mean, the defender, the defendants, the defend the people defendant did. He haven't ran away from the fact that he was a messed up person. He was messed up. He put his hands on her. They can't run away from it. They have evidence of it. But I think that it's going to really come back to buy her and her behind when she came out, and she decided to say, well, because because you didn't take my book serious, boom running my money and I don't know exactly how you plan today. I don't know laws around that, but I just know listening to it, I'm like, man, they gonna tear her. I'm like almost like a little nervous for her, especially because she's so pregnant. And she broke down crying yesterday talking about you know, she was suicidal. She said that this was in twenty twenty three. She was attempting to run into traffic at one point and her husband stopped her. At this point, Cassie has been going from Diddy, she's a mom, she's outliving her life again. She still just couldn't shake the trauma of what you know she went through in the aftermath of dealing with Diddy, Like, there's no way that this is not revictim I re traumatizing her.
Speaker 3: Well, my child and my stomach be kicking every time we talking about this.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, he was like him, No, he's uncomfortable with this.
Speaker 3: So I can only imagine and she's due before me, Like I can only imagine what she like emotionally, what she's going through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what girl, the way she broke down. She was strong the whole time, but the way she broke down. Even though I feel like I don't believe a lot of things after hearing her have a conversation yesterday, I still look at her as a victim, like for sure, for sure, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I just know I don't want to judge too much because I've never been in that positioned, Son, I don't fully understand the like you've said before, with that one instead of going getting raped and then going back like that doesn't doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: Or like other stuff, it doesn't make sense to us.
Speaker 3: To like wanting his approval, like I don't know what it feels like.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think the biggest thing that I learned from this, and I guess this is what we take away from the episode is is like you really can't judge a person in the situation because you know what's crazy.
Speaker 2: What I thought about after all that too, is.
Speaker 1: She held Diddy down for a long time because we knew she was going through things and we had heard certain stuff. But when I tell you the extent of what she dealt with yesterday. When I saw them photos, I'm like, man, she kept quiet and smiled.
Speaker 2: Some days she was literally her face was so swollen.
Speaker 1: The next day they would literally ic it all day and then just put makeup on her and she'd be popping out at red carpet premieres with him smiling the next day. She held that down for years. That's why he paid her the money. I'm sure because he knew, you know what I mean, he knew what he you know what I mean when that happened, like held her down for years. Also, I mean, she held him down for years, man. Like people can't come at her about a lot because she took a lot.
Speaker 2: She held onto a lot. Also, make a note that.
Speaker 3: You guys listeners to Little Riders, you guys to know what line's talking about. Like she's in the courtroom. Some of the media outlets are putting out every single thing that's going on, so you have to read the transcript.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting your press they're tweeting a live from the court.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we in the court.
Speaker 1: And when I recap, I don't really think about like I mean, I guess I'm thinking about hell lies, but I really just wanting to tell y'all what is going on and when I'm witness and it be so much stuff. Like I'm sitting here with my nose right now trying to prepare and I'm like, Lord, I shouldn't fell asleep last night.
Speaker 2: But thank y'all.
Speaker 1: Fortuna And this is the latest with Laura the Rosa. I'm your host, Lauren l Rosa. This she's your Deily Dave on everything pop culture and the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: There's always a lot to talk about and y'all could be anywhere doing it with you right here with me, So I appreciate y'all. I promise y'all were gonna balance out the news a bit more. I just feel like once we start to get once we start to talk a puff, it'd be hard to kind of pivot. It's so much stuff here. But thank y'all for tuning in. I'll be back in my next episode.