Speaker 1: Earners.
Speaker 2: What's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: The dal Jones last week kind of covered a little bit, but last week if it was a down week for stocks last week, So is this an early warning sign of what could potentially happen in twenty twenty five with the market.
Speaker 1: Nope, I'm gonna make this very simple, very short. The Christmas trade is over. People have taken profits. People have been up all year, some tax loss harvesting, but also too with the FOMC announcement that had an effect. Also, futures expirations happened that Friday as well. So mark off every month when expiration begins to happen. But for those of you who are like, hey, the market is Cumberland. The market's been doing great all year, one of the best years that I can remember as an investor, So I think this is a sign of the opposite of what's going to happen in twenty twenty five. But the Christmas rally trade as we've known that maybe how it was ten years ago traditionally is over, and not as many people are into the market. And lastly, there's no asymmetric risk to the upside. A great place to buy that's going to give me an amazing return in twelve to thirteen months. So that's why the market slid a little bit so, But also to a homework assignment that I put on IG right down what the point totals are every day and if you were trading twenty nineteen, twenty eighteen off the FMC announcement was very similar to what happened this past Friday. So if you know what the point totals are positive and negative for each day, you can go through your calendar like your own farmer's almanac for in the market and have an expectation for what the market should do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is easy. No, like you said, when Palell spoke, we saw a pulled back, and we kind of alluded to it last week when we were talking about rate cuts, how they've kind of been quiet about how many they were going to be in twenty twenty five. There's now rumors that there's only going to be two, which is a decrease from what we had in twenty twenty four. Well slight pulled back, but it always I mean, and I'm glad that that crashed out to Chris Johnson in that episode of y'all didn't check it out, and he said, look, man, people are going to take profit. In fact, if things don't sell off, there won't be new buyers to come in to add liquidity to a position. And so you kind of saw that when Powell spoke. But also right we talked about quadruple witching. We talked about when it happens. Quadruple witching happened on Friday, and so the end when we're talking about options contracts, when we talk about futures contracts, they expire on the third Thursday of the last month of the quarter, right, So it's four quarters each year. So we have March, we got June, you got September, and you got December. The third Friday of those months is quadruple witching when most contracts expire. And so you take that with the amount of increase that the NASACK has had, I think up thirty percent this year, thirty two percent.
Speaker 1: Amazing, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Because it was thirty two percent last year, which is like, you don't really see that, and Pe up twenty six percent, which is absolutely incredible. The doubt itself is up twenty five percent. These are ridiculously impressive years.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: To have them back to back is incredible. To have them as a single event would be incredible. To have them back to back is just absolutely incredible. So, I mean, you're going to see so lovely into twenty twenty five. But does that mean is it an indication of what twenty twenty five is gonna look like. No, I think we still see growth. I don't know if it's in the twenties. I don't know if it's in twenties, but I think we could be okay with anywhere between eleven to fifteen percent growth in all the major industries. I'll be interested to see that at least for the first half of the year. We'll see what happened in the second half. For the first half of the year for sure. Yeah, so I'm not too worried about twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't me worried on put hold for a long period of time, and I'm gonna I know not the answer everyone once, but if you hold for a long period of time, these worries go away. Think about it. When we first started to show, the expectation for the indexes were seven to twelve percent. Right now, you could double your money in four years just by holding two Tech two and Dexo stress. Hold for the long term. Please, I think it's also broke.
Speaker 3: It's also for to think about cycles. So shout out to Josh Brown when he came on a long time ago. We talked about and we talked about this for a few other people as far as the political cycle h what it had done for market. So traditionally, usually in political cycles, the first year of a presidency is relatively weak. The second year is the most volatile to the downside, the third year is the strongest, and the fourth year is strong as well. It's good, but not as strong as third year, And that's kind of exactly what's happened with Joe Biden. Remember when we had that bear market that was in year two of his presidency, and then yet three of his presidencies when stocks went crazy, and then year four of the presidency this year with stocks they want, they didn't good as well. So if if that's an indicator, then stocks would be it'll be a weaker year for stocks. But of course it's an unprecedented situation with Donald Trump coming in and so many new changes that's going to happen on a political landscape that that could potentially you know, not carry suit, but traditionally that has happened. That's that's what usually happens with the situation, is that the first year of a presidency's the first year of a president's term is a weaker year for the stock market. That's just the historical if that means anything to you.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornograph in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.