Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: I know he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 4: And if these gorgeous be too bombers, give me that bomber, Andrews, let me just hug.
Speaker 2: That little sucker. Give me that bomber over there? Thank You know immediately which one? This looks small, but in person is very big.
Speaker 4: It's the only plane capable of carrying a two hundred thousand pound bombs. So I don't know how to do it because it's very sleek and nice, but it carries a lot of weapons and there's a lot of bombs.
Speaker 1: That's Trump grabbing the model of the B two bomber off of his desk.
Speaker 2: Guy, let me hug that little sucker.
Speaker 5: Carries a lot of weapons, a lot of bombs. Wow, what an odd bird.
Speaker 1: We do have a slight breaking news thing. The big gas field in the world in Saudi Arabia has been hit and a number of strikes by Iran and now your oil gas markets are spiking.
Speaker 2: We'll see where that goes today.
Speaker 3: Boy, wow, they're in a hole and they are digging as fast as they can, just trying to make everybody as angry as possible, thinking we'll all think back off at some point exactly. Oh, they're causing too much pain. We've got to stop and let this regime continue. That's the hell of a calculation. I suppose they think that's the only car they have to play. So a bit of a theme hour this hour. It's come together kind of accidentally, but it's all super interesting in my opinion. It's, Oh, how the mighty have fallen. We're going to take a look at some very prominent characters, from Saisar Chavez to economist rock star of the left Paul Erlik who wrote the Population Bomb book, and also some of the most interesting information I've come across about Jeffrey Epstein, if you really want to understand how he and his cabal of high flyers worked coming up this hour to stay with us. But let's start with the Jack and Seesar Chavez.
Speaker 1: Here to Caesar Chavez, he was the brown Martin Luther King, as described by people, civil rights leader for migrant farm workers back in the day, and organized them and got some rights and all that sort of stuff and became a is a it's not a national holiday, right, so holiday in California, and yeah, right.
Speaker 3: But he won all sorts of you know, this guy's a superhero awards through.
Speaker 1: The years from Fariou press O ye, And as they write in the California Post, every progressive history curriculum, every California street sign, every March thirty first is proof that here was a flawless champion of the oppressed. Schools were renamed, statues, erected, documentaries produced with soft lighting and swelling violins. Well, now he's going to be canceled because it turns out he was raping a thirteen year old at least one, if not many young women, which is pretty horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sexually molesting multiple girls and raping grown women.
Speaker 2: We got this text.
Speaker 1: My friend at work was a migrant farm worker her first twenty five years of life, and she told me there was definitely a culture of taking young women and no one really did anything about it. I have no way to confirm whether that was true or not, but it seems to have been true for Caesar Shaves himself. Whether that was true for other men of power in the whole migrant farm worker world, I do not know. Maybe we'll learn that over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: I suspect.
Speaker 3: So why did the I hate to call it the wokesters, because I mean, we're all against raping children.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be woke to be against raping children. But why did this come out now? And the New York Times is leading the way on this story? Is it his anti immigration stances which would become more problematic for Caesar Shabz. Critics who noted Caesar shab Is anti immigration stances way back in the nineteen seventies were dismissed as right wing cranks. The narrative was simple, flawless labor saint versus evil growers. Yet Chavez was no open borders progressive at any point. He was a staunch opponent of illegal immigration, viewed undocumented workers as strike bears imported by growers to undercut wages and bust unions. He used the term wetbacks freely to comment on Mexicans who swam across the river and came here and took their jobs. He's the guy that got wet back going as a slur. The United farm Workers blocked border crossing, brought border crossings, border crossings, physically would fight illegals coming across the border to scare them off of trying to get in. Reported thousands of undocumented workers to the federal government to I ins, Oh my god, I live in a town where they have written in chalk on every intersection the phone number to call if you see any ICE agents, because how dare you ice out?
Speaker 2: How dare you turn in an illegal to ice?
Speaker 1: Caesar Shapez was doing that constantly, thousands of thousand on his own.
Speaker 5: He was like an amateur ice agent.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Chavez saw unchecked illegal immigration as a direct threat to jobs, bargaining power, and living standards for domestic farm workers. You know, hey, I thought that because it's one hundred percent true. Obviously, you think you're helping the downtrodden uh migrant farm worker by letting more illegals in. How do you come to that conclusion?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: I just wonder if maybe that was becoming so uncomfortable that people decided to go after him on this stuff that had to be known by quite a few people, I would think, But I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to The New York Times isn't explicit in their piece about chef the accusers and Chevez about why they've come forward now. They suggest one of them was just pissed off that Bakersfield was about to name a street after the guy right down the road from where she lived.
Speaker 1: That could be Kavanaugh's accuser. Even though she was a complete crazy person, she believed her own story. Even if she's crazy. You know, when Kavanaugh came up to be Supreme Court justice, then she thought that's too much. Maybe this person was the same way, just like, Okay, I can't I can't have to drive down a street name for the guy that raped me when I was thirteen.
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And that question remains, are they gonna take it? They're going to cancel the holiday in California? It looks like Caesar Shabaz Day. Are they gonna take his name off middle schools and roads and everything else?
Speaker 2: There's got to be statues all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, So wow, are they desanctifying this guy because of the immigration stuff?
Speaker 4: For it?
Speaker 3: Did these women just come forward and it's what it appears to be on the surface.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Raping a thirteen year old is really awful, but he still did all the things he did and That's where I wonder about where we go historically on this. We had a Gandhi statue in the park in the town I live in for a while. Then somebody decided no, Gandhi was wrong on these things.
Speaker 5: Jack lives in Mumbai, by the way, I kidd.
Speaker 1: And somebody decided to know he was bad on these areas, so they took the Gandhi statue down. I mean, so, is there gonna be an anybody left that accomplished great things but had a I'm not gonna say sordid, because you don't have a sordid personnel life if you're raping thirteen year olds, but an awful personal life. I just I don't know how we handle this historically.
Speaker 3: Oddly enough, the reference to India is a good time to move on to Paul Rlick, author of The Population Bomb, hero of the left for many years, always wrong, and yet his policies endured. He was more than wrong. He was a monster.
Speaker 5: He was a.
Speaker 2: Terrible human being.
Speaker 3: And we'll explain why after the So stay with us.
Speaker 1: Whether you're stuck at an airport or sweltering in the heat or stuck in a blizzard, depending on where you are in the country. I hope you're enjoying today's episode of The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: You're almost certainly not starving, though. And Paul Rlick, who just passed away, was the author of a nineteen sixty eight book, The Population Bomb. To call it a sensation is to understate it. To buy a thousand times he was a rock star. He is on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson twenty times. He was interestingly a butterfly biologist turned rock star eco pessimist. According to Matt Ridley, nice piece of writing there, he essentially predicted mass starvation, well read part of it. In nineteen sixty eighty forecast that within the coming decade at least one hundred to two hundred million people per year will be starving to death.
Speaker 1: So by seventy eight or in the seventies, he probably only in the seventies. So in the seventies hundreds of millions of people were going to starve death because of the population being so.
Speaker 3: Big, and by nineteen eighty five enough millions will have died to reduce the Earth's population some acceptable level, like one and a half billion people. Further More, he warned that by nineteen eighty the life expectancy of the average American would have fallen to forty two years as the result of cancer caused by pesticides.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, And.
Speaker 3: When he died, most people said, you know, he's wrong about that. The New York Times charmingly said, he was premature in his prediction, but he was so incredibly farcically wrong. The reasons why you're interesting. And also the guy was a freaking monster. I will illustrate, quoting again from mister Ridley.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, oh uh.
Speaker 3: Oh, they mentioned the irony that he survived a half century longer than the life expectancy he predicted. Also spent his last years as one of more than eight billion people in an era in which global life expectancy has increased by more than seven hours day seven hours a day since he forecast that it would collapse. Meanwhile, famine has gone all but gone extinct, with death rates from mass starvation down to a tiny fraction of what they were in the sixties. Back then, about thirty million people out of a population of approximately three billion died in famines that killed more than one hundred thousand people each. In the twenty tens, one point one million, not thirty million one point one million out of population of more than eight billion died in such episodes, a decline of more than ninety six percent in the death rate. He shot to fame in nineteen sixty eight with the population bomb, the prologue of which is dismissed. All hope for humankind and I quote the battle defeat all of humanity is over.
Speaker 2: In the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: Hundreds of millions of people will starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now and at this late date, nothing can prevent a substantial increase in the world death rate. Yet something did prevent that. Even as Erlik wrote those words, the world's population great was I'm sorry, the world's population growth rate was falling. New strains of wheat and rice developed by agronomus, he mentions, a famous agronomists, were starting to transform the.
Speaker 2: Productivity of agriculture.
Speaker 3: India was on its way to banishing famine and becoming a food exporter within a few years. The amount of food available has increased faster than the population on every continent on Earth over the past sixty years, even as the land area devoted to farming has fallen, as often so often happens with environmental pessimism.
Speaker 2: Irlik's warning was already out of.
Speaker 3: Date when it was made, but he stubbornly stuck to his views. In eight he was still predicting an unhappy increase in the death rate. In twenty twenty three, he posted plaintively, if I'm always wrong, so is science, since my work is peer reviewed, including the population bomb. And I've gotten virtually every scientific honor. Sure I've made mistakes, but no basic ones. All right, here's where he becomes a monster. And he did win the MacArthur Fellowship, the Genius Grant, a fellowship with London's Royal Society in twenty twelve, even though he'd said in nineteen seventy one, if I were a gambler, I'd take even money that England will not exist in the year two thousand.
Speaker 2: So his book it.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of the because I'm known artists. Did he think it would be underwater? He doesn't explain that. No, I don't know. I don't have the context of that claim. But his book begins with an evening in Delhi, India, when he found the press of people overwhelming quote people eating people washing, people, sleeping, people visiting, arguing and screaming, people thrusting their hands through the taxi window, begging, people defecating and urinating.
Speaker 2: You presuming means.
Speaker 3: Like in public, because they're doing that everywhere. Paul, anyway, I planned you today, I'm happy for you. The answer to his culture shock, he argued, was coerced compulsory population control.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: The operation will demand many, apparently brutal and heartless decisions. The pain may be intense. He was calling for forced sterilizations, including in Indian all men who had three or more children. Coercion and a good cause. He was astounded that libertarians objected when the American government took up his suggestion. In nineteen seventy five, Indian Prime Minister and Dera Gandhi was threatened with the loss of World Bank loans unless she began forcibly sterilizing people.
Speaker 2: Wow, I do not see this.
Speaker 3: She obliged, and her son Sanjay carried out a program making permits, licenses, rations, and even housing applications conditional on sterilization. Over eight million people people were sterilized.
Speaker 2: I had no idea that the.
Speaker 3: Irony is that one of the greatest causes of the falling birth rate in the world over the past half century has been kindness, not cruelty, in the form of child mortality prevention. As poor nations become wealthier in quality medical care for infants, spread birth rates declined across the world without the aid of coercion. When mothers are confident that their children will survive, they plan for smaller families.
Speaker 5: There are a number of factors at work, though.
Speaker 1: Now countries all around the world are trying to figure out how much money do we have to give a woman to get her to have a baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding, Oh for Americans too. Erlich recommended coercion and control for American citizens. In a nineteen seventy interview, he said that television programs should be ordered by the federal government to always show large families in a negative light.
Speaker 1: I remember that. Yeah, how crazy is that he was going to have? This goes beyond anything you've ever heard about the First Amendment in terms of trashing it. You're gonna make the government force entertainment to show big families in a negative light.
Speaker 3: Commercials should relentlessly shame such people. If that did not work, the government should give women quote bonuses for not having babies, or change the tax structure to punish the fertile, and if necessary, start legislating the size of the family and throw you in jail if you have too many children.
Speaker 5: Those are quotes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has a nut, and he set the tone for the nascent environmental movement, which saw people as a problem, economic growth as a crime, and coercion as necessary. The carrots of incentives are not enough, the sticks of punishment and regulation are necessary.
Speaker 5: Well, the last guy was an effing monster. Pardon me.
Speaker 1: A lot of you listening are probably too young to have lived through this, but Joe and I being in the winter of our lives, remember this was a constant conversation topic about the population of the earth, you know, becoming unsustainable and it's inevitable. It's just what are we gonna do about it? I mean, his book had an incredible influence, and now we look back on it, it seems almost hilarious in that the biggest problem we might have his man kind of as disappearing because we don't have kids. The climate change thing is gonna be the same. I think look back on a decade years from now, maybe like two years from now, and just It's just gonna seem hilarious that anybody was ever worried about this.
Speaker 3: The difference out though, is that so many people have profited so mightily from this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I mean there are a lot of true believers, but there are a lot of cynics who are like, oh my god, we frightened the populace to the point that they'll authorize any expenditure if we can even implausibly claim it'll help with climate change. We can hand out billions of dollars to our cronies, and at least half of America, for instance, will thank us for it. Yeah, oh my god. I wish I'd gotten in on the scam. It's to my discredit.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Nobody was building giant windmill farms to cut the population and making money off of it. We got a lot more on the way. I hope we can stay here.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Did a nurse quake just come through our whole house shook.
Speaker 2: And we thought that something hit like the roof of the grocery store.
Speaker 5: It was just a really loud bang.
Speaker 1: And I just hear a giant thud, and then it persisted for like ten seconds and I'm just sitting there, like, is this the end times?
Speaker 2: It sounded like a bowling ball dropped on the floor above me.
Speaker 1: It was pretty lord, that's people that were it was at in Ohio someplace at the media actually hit. But so the meteor was streaking across half the country and I've seen so many videos now people catching them with their ring cameras, are had their cell phone out.
Speaker 2: Or whatever the heck.
Speaker 1: And absolutely my first thought would have been we're under attack. I mean it was that big and bright and low. I wouldn't have thought meteor. I would have thought ballistic missile from somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Sure I could have gotten past mind just animal because it last year like that long, and unless you're in Ohio, it just disappeared from the sky.
Speaker 5: I think I would have just been caveman.
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 1: Bad is big, bright and low though, like nothing you've ever seen before, if you've seen any of these videos.
Speaker 5: AnyWho, Uh, interesting, what do we have coming up?
Speaker 1: So glad, I'm glad we live in a country where that's not really possible, as opposed to many many countries where it.
Speaker 2: Is possible and actually happening.
Speaker 5: As we certainly unlikely anyway, coming.
Speaker 1: Up Cuba, Like we need more on our world plate of interesting things.
Speaker 3: Cuba's about to fall more on that in a second. Wow, Okay, we're assassinating character? Is this hour?
Speaker 2: Not? Really?
Speaker 3: We're just telling the truth about prominent people, including in this case, Jeffrey Epstein. And it's funny we're talking about Sazar Chavez, who is almost certainly guilty of raping children, forcing himself upon them, raping an adult woman.
Speaker 1: That's not us right wing radio talk show host. That's the New York Times saying that, yeah, straight from his victim's mouths.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it seems to be very very well corroborated in the park street to school near you will soon be renamed anyway, certainly if you're in California.
Speaker 5: The stuff on Epstein is interesting.
Speaker 3: Ah. I think a lot of people, for whatever reason, are so obsessed with the sexual angle of his hyjens And certainly he did manipulate and victimize young women, both underage and just young women, girls and women. But they're so obsessed with the sexual stuff, I think they're missing an even more interesting.
Speaker 5: Story.
Speaker 3: And I'm not necessarily even talking about the obsessed you know, QAnon Pizza Gate, crazy crazy stuff who just you know, we've talked.
Speaker 5: About why they're compelled to believe that sort.
Speaker 3: Of thing anyway, But the Wall Street Journal has a super interesting piece and we've today about the network of insider stock trading that he and his connections engaged in. Because this guy, I believe in the same way that I understand that Hitler was a master of populist politics. I mean, he's one of the best of the world has ever seen. And you can still understand that he's evil, completely evil, completely corrupt and evil.
Speaker 5: Epstein was a rock star of networking.
Speaker 3: He was an incredibly gifted networker, and I've heard that said by all sorts of people from all sorts of different worlds, from science to academia to business to politics. He knew what everybody's levers were and not like threatening them in blackmailing them, flattering them, investing in them, giving them tips, connecting them with like other people who could help them. So therefore you'd be more than delighted to do him a favor when the day came.
Speaker 5: That was his skill.
Speaker 2: And this.
Speaker 3: Article is as a roster of execs from JP Morgan chased Key Advisors to Bill Gates to a Hood Barak, the former Prime Minister of Israel who was on the board of a tech startup to I mean, there's all sorts of Prince Andrew, even Peter Mandelson, the British diplomat who was gay and had no interest in young girls at all. They all traded information and he was the point guard. Trading wasn't the source of all of his wealth. A lot of it came from advising billionaires like Leonne Black and less. Wexner has been great, you know, discussed a lot, but he he engaged in all sorts of insider trading with all sorts of people that you know. That's the long and short of it. That's what you need to understand about it. I'm so bad at that sort of thing, not insider trading but networking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, because I just am naturally predisposed to not want to do that sort of thing. But it's it's a good idea if your personality allows it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, guys, I'm I'm glad to be friendly with them, but they are so outgoing and good at you know, the whole talking about your vacation, then their vacation, and then the you're whatever, then there and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like this guy was a master at it.
Speaker 1: If I know a guy who's got you know, I don't know, needs water but doesn't have buckets, and another guy who has buckets but doesn't have water, if I thought, you know, I'll bet I could put those two together.
Speaker 2: But then we'd have to have dinner and then I yeah, so I just my mouth shut.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, Jeffrey Epstein people like him would think, now, bucket boy and water king over there. Yeah, they both love me, right, Yeah, here's here's I just keep my mouth shut. Too bad about that bucket situation you got there. I wish I knew. Somebody can't help you anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're all sorts of examples.
Speaker 3: There's a big medical company in their IPO, Swiss drug giant Roche, and he was tipped off early by his connections that somebody was buying somebody and blah blah. Then he let friends in on it and so they owed him big and yeah, that's that's wild.
Speaker 1: So on the topic of Cuba, I'll admit that really everything I know about Cuba comes from Hemingway books and The Godfather. That's about the extent of my Cuban knowledge and the Cuban missile crisis.
Speaker 2: I guess that's it. That's the beginning and end of my cubanology.
Speaker 1: But it's communist country, and it's been, you know, kind of a basket case on the verge of following my entire life. But Trump said the other day, you know, Cuba's next tod be my honored and I thought, oh, okay, I don't. I don't know what he's got planned or whatever. Then I saw this report on the news last night which got my attention.
Speaker 6: Listen to this, and now once more, no power across the island the nation. White black out yesterday is still keeping much of the country in the dark. In a nation used to hardship, Cubans say, the situation has never.
Speaker 1: Been worse in a country used to hardship. The situation has never been worse than it is right now in Cuba because of us taking out my door in Venezuela and cutting off the oil and all the different sorts of things in the bargo and so we have forced Cuba into the worst situation it's ever been in Domestically, the country has been plunged into darkness this week by a blackout. The third big failure of its power grids since December, opening the door to Trump suggesting that he might have to take Cuba energy blockade. Many of the nation's eleven million residents struggling to keep food from spoiling because they got no electricity. So soon the food will spoil in the refrigerators that aren't running, and then it's going to really be a crisis. Hospitals have canceled surgeries all across the country. The leading universities are closed. I mean, it is bad in Cuba, and somehow that's not on the radar. Well, pretty obvious reasons. Were at war with Iran?
Speaker 5: Were you going to play the clump clump trip the Trump clip?
Speaker 2: I was not. Do we have one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do sixty.
Speaker 4: I do believe I'll be the honor of having the honor of taking Cuba a big good Honest's a big honor in taking Cube, Taking Cube in some form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, taking Guba. I mean, whether I.
Speaker 4: Free it, take it, I think I could do anything I want with it. You want another a very weekend nation right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So fifty three states, you got Canada, Cuba, and Greenland.
Speaker 1: Now Cuba really should be a state of the United States.
Speaker 3: You go back East, an independent country that's not run by a corrupt, fake communist mob.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I for one didn't know Cuba is in the worst shape it's ever been. That's that's saying something. If you know anything about the ups and downs of Cuba over the years.
Speaker 3: Wow, So as soon as all that food spoils in all the fridges across the country, then it's gonna that's going to turn into a serious, serious crisis really fast. And Trump, who increasingly in that clip at least sounded a little like Don Corleoni, is going to offer make them an offer they can't refuse, which would be wonderful for the Cuban people. I don't know what form it will take. I certainly hope it leads toward a move toward democracy and human rights and the rest of it for the poor people. And it's not like, you know the world is hungering for more vacation destinations exactly, but that should be a prosperous I mean, pick your your favorite Caribbean destination, Bahamas, Jamaica, the US Virgin Islands, something like that. Cuba's a giant one of those, Plus it's closer.
Speaker 1: There would be endless boat trips back and forth between Miami, Key West and Cuba.
Speaker 3: Well, how much fun would that be? It's seventy miles, so how much fun would that be? Well, exactly, I was going to say. The flight would be like one of those puddle jumpers that you take from a Sacramento to a San Francisco or a New York to a you know what's the big city in Connecticut, Connecticut city, doesn't matter, Bristol, whatever. Yeah, I mean it would be incredibly quick and easy. And I have great affection for Cuba for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 1: Number on Havana, that's what we're going to see. That's entirely possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, the music of Cuba. They have an incredibly rich heritage music. There are various documentaries, you should watch them. The food is fantastic. It's a beautiful, beautiful place.
Speaker 5: I've never been.
Speaker 3: I've just seen you know, cigars, you got your cigars, you got the attractive chiquita's. And I just hate whenever people are oppressed by these communists swine and and.
Speaker 5: This like it's so close, I mean, it's right there.
Speaker 3: Why are we letting a communist regime poison our neighborhood. Well, I don't think it. I think it's coming to an end. Like in days, What sort of deal do they cut? You got to just buy off anybody who's anybody and say, look, go, you know, go wherever you want, Go to Hell, go to Texas. We don't care if I own Texas and Hell, I'd live in el and run out Texas anyway.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah Eh what did I say?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, whatever form the deal takes, let's let's get it going.
Speaker 3: It would be a bit of a basket case for a while, but not permanently.
Speaker 1: Here's Mark Alpern's riding on it. Cuba is all teed up, and Trump is going to do pretty much any anything he wants, anytime he wants. After Secretary Rubio dots a few more eyes. So and there's nobody more excited about this than our current secretary of State, whose family fled Cuba so they.
Speaker 3: Were driven out by the brutality of the communists. Yeah that he hates them for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's gonna be a heck of a thing. A darn. I didn't realize it was that bad. I didn't realize it was the worst it's ever been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they're patrons. I mean, Soviet Union's gone. Russia continue to help out some, but Russia's got its own problems. Venezuela was a pipeline for fuel and money and the rest of the LENSUALEI doing nothing now yeah, yoink. Indeed, it's one of the great yoankings in the Western Hemisphere's history.
Speaker 2: Okay, we will finish strong next Armstrong. It is titled Cold Coffee. Yes, cold Coffee. Oh yeah right.
Speaker 1: I knew it had coffee in the title, but I didn't know what it was. I was trying to find it the other day. That is a cool tune. Who's the artiste? Why did I say it like that? McDermott questions, I have Gate McDermott.
Speaker 5: Okay, dat did you say date?
Speaker 2: G Ai T. You're making up names.
Speaker 3: Ok she's making random noises, g Ai T. MacDermott, Gate McDermott, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: So I got a story completely wrong earlier. I don't know if I was reading too fast or just or I'm dumb, but uh, it is true that the biggest natural gas field on planet Earth got attacked. But it was It's in Iran, and it was attacked by Israel. Oh, so Israel had attacked their oil refineries the other day, and at least the news reporting was the United States was very unhappy about that. That we said, who, well, you can't do that. We're trying to get people to rise up take back their country. We can't obliterate their infrastructure and expect them to take over a country that has no infrastructure.
Speaker 2: So don't do that.
Speaker 1: The reporting today is, according to Ian Bremer, that Israel attacked the biggest natural gas field on the planet in Iran with our encouragement, And according to Ian Bremer, that is a signal that the war is escalated and we're on to a different trajectory.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We gotta do whatever we can to weaken them, even if we have to damage their infrastructure a great deal.
Speaker 3: Got to admit, I'm starting to be concerned about the amount of time, effort, and money it's going to take to prevent Iran from turning into a doggy dog quagmire of a nightmare of a dystopian you know, hellscape post war. Even if there is an thing, what does the transition look like a new regime and how long does that take and what sort of sectarian fighting will there be for how long?
Speaker 5: So where is it unfolded?
Speaker 1: Sort of ends up like such a barren wasteland. You've got, uh, the Kurage trying to take a chunk, and al Qaeda is involved in what's left of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, and maybe Iraq thinks will expand and.
Speaker 3: It's a country of ninety million people. Yeah, history will tell you can't have a nuke though, and here sure as hell trying to get.
Speaker 2: One unleash the dogs of war.
Speaker 5: That's the thing that a lot of people can't accept.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have two very bad options and you have to choose one of them.
Speaker 2: Ready to.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't want the show to be over already.
Speaker 2: I do. Here's your host McDermott.
Speaker 3: There with Yeah, here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show. Wouldn't that be delightful? Michaelangelo, our technical director, will lead the way away. Michael final thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got an idea about Cuba. Disney buys it. They've already got a park in Florida. You add that to the Disneyland.
Speaker 3: Disney is evil, Michael sorry, they have lawyers. Allegedly according to Katie.
Speaker 5: The thought I'll take it, Katie Green are esteemed to Newswoman as a final thought, Katie, I.
Speaker 3: Can't figure out if I am normal or sick and twisted for looking forward to the Netflix series about this grief author. Yeah, no kidding, that'll be interesting. There needs to be a really really good documentary about that. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah Jack. A final thought, Oh god, bless you, this is aproposa.
Speaker 1: Nothing just came across this headline in the New York Post. I could hear them working on me. Why more patients are choosing to stay awake during three hour facelifts?
Speaker 5: What well?
Speaker 2: I just passed out. I could hear them working on me.
Speaker 3: Oh golly, oh boy. I was thinking of my final thought during the last segment. There are some presidents have been referred to as caretaker presidents.
Speaker 2: They really didn't do much whatever.
Speaker 5: The opposite of that is. That's Donald j.
Speaker 2: No kidding, crap. He is not a caretaker president, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Armstrong Ngeeddy wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people, thanks, so little time.
Speaker 3: Go to Armstrong and Geddy dot com for the swag store pick up an ang T shirt helps keep everybody on the stab during these challenging times. How about I ruined the entire country knew some twenty twenty eight T shirt or a hat, hoodie, whatever you like, drops a note mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com and hit the hot links.
Speaker 2: We will see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: God bless America. I'm strong and geta And the reporting was yesterday. It was just accidental that he didn't die. He should have died. He stepped outside to take a call.
Speaker 2: Or a smoke.
Speaker 1: I forget what I read yesterday, but he like he went, he went down the stairs. He was headed outside for something.
Speaker 2: Hit like this, Dude, the y'all.
Speaker 5: Song ain't Kenny? So the yah song Ain't Kenny?
Speaker 4: Show?
Speaker 5: Get the podcast of song and Kenny on the
Speaker 2: Man Armstrong and Jeddy