Speaker 1: From Los Angeles moments and one and only, famous Perez Hilton. Everybody welcomes to the PHP. That's Perez right there. My name is Booker. How do you do, sir?
Speaker 2: We are talking Taylor Swift today and other things. Don't worry, You're not going to skip over the Taylor Swift part. Even the haters will want to listen to us. But I'm very well because we are one step closer to TikTok being banned in the United States.
Speaker 1: I am thrilled you are still on TikTok, you hypocrite.
Speaker 3: He fucking bans me again.
Speaker 1: So your undercover account again.
Speaker 2: Now I have a new one for those of you who care my latest I'm not just I'm doing it now just as an active resistance to fuck them. My very latest TikTok account is Perez Hilton twenty twenty four. So if you care, Perez Hilton twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: That sounds like you're running for president. I like it.
Speaker 2: And actually I wasn't even going to talk about this, but explain this to me. I just saw a lot of people, a lot of influencers, upset because TikTok has this new community guideline where they are banning weight loss influencers really, meaning you can't talk about weight loss, you can't talk about specifically ozembic or Munjaro. That now goes against their community guidelines.
Speaker 3: Read it's bullshit.
Speaker 2: They're the most censoring app out there.
Speaker 3: They suck.
Speaker 2: I hate them and it brings me immense joy to see their eminent failure.
Speaker 3: So fuck them. Anyways.
Speaker 2: I had a jam packed weekend in Vegas. I went to a media dinner, I host a host. I judged a comedy show which is actually super fun. It's called shock Collar Comedy. You would love this because it's kind of like a Howard Stern bit. They put dog collars on comedians and if they're not funny.
Speaker 3: I shocked them.
Speaker 1: They get wow.
Speaker 3: I'm watching them react.
Speaker 2: To be zapped was almost as funny or fun as the comedy itself.
Speaker 1: Did you feel badly doing it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I kind of loved it. You did.
Speaker 1: Wow? I don't know I would feel bad.
Speaker 2: Saturday, I went to a lounge opening, I went to a pool party Live Beach, and then Sunday I met up with an eighties pop icon.
Speaker 1: I think we're alone now, Tiffany.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I love Vegas. I did so much in one weekend. It makes me so happy. I'm in my zone. Finally, I'm in the groove.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if I did anything at all. So we talked on Friday, Taylor Shift. I didn't go out Friday night. I don't believe so. No, I haven't done anything. No, I'm all good. I just hung out this weekend and cooked and chilled all right.
Speaker 2: Well, before we get to Taylor Swift, I said, we are talking about other things. So I was paying attention. But the only thing that came across my radar from Coachella Weekend two was Lanazel Ray bringing out Camilla Aveo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was there anything else of note?
Speaker 1: There was just more no doubt footage that I saw, and outside of that really nothing.
Speaker 3: Did they bring out a special guest, No, that's lame.
Speaker 2: They brought out Olivia Rodrigo weekend win and nobody weekend too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think anybody came out weekend to But I didn't hear of anybody coming out, I mean neither.
Speaker 2: I did see video of Kid Cuddy jumping off stage at Coachella, and oh I saw that breaking his foot.
Speaker 1: You looked at this guy and you're like, this guy is not coordinated. This is not a Travis Scott about to take the jump. This is not someone that you know looks like they've got some athletic ability. You looked at this guy and you're like, he's gonna break his head.
Speaker 2: Or this one video that went viral last night of Luke Bryan slipping on stage.
Speaker 3: Did you see that?
Speaker 2: No missed that pretty funny. He was walking slow, slipped and totally fell. Handles it very well. All Right, I just need to take a moment to say a little prayer of gratitude that I am still on the Taylor Swift pr list. I got a lovely care package from Team Taylor. I'm sure by this point she has absolutely nothing to do with it. There's enough people on that pr list that she's not signing off on it every time. I'm like ninety five percent certain it's her lovely publicist, Tree Pain, or maybe people on her management, or maybe she is that hands on. I mean, I still don't know how she finds the time to do everything, But she finds the time to do everything. She's touring, she's recording music, she's rerecording her old music, she's directing and coming up with the music video, doing it fucking all, and I'm very thankful for it. And I want to reiterate something, okay, because people hear what they want to hear. From the very beginning. When we discussed the new album on our Patreon with this like emergency episode, I said, straight off the bat, I liked it. I never said I disliked it. My exact words were, I wasn't disappointed, but I was underwhelmed. And then I gave specific reasons why.
Speaker 1: And he was pretty fair and balanced because our comments and if you didn't get the Patreon were kind of in step. There wasn't a lot that we disagreed on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't care for the production on a lot of the songs agreed. My favorite songs were the ones where the production was spicy, the ones they were different.
Speaker 1: Well, the non Anthonov songs. When I looked into you know who did what I do, tend to lean towards the ones that Jack didn't do.
Speaker 2: And you know the ones that he did all. I don't want to say they all sound the same.
Speaker 1: But they all sound the same. It's the same tone and energy and the formula starting to become a little played.
Speaker 2: But my biggest note was it's thirty one songs long. There are some great spectacular songs on there, and then there are some songs that are good.
Speaker 1: That's where we disagree because I don't think there's any.
Speaker 3: Spectacular Oh I think so.
Speaker 1: I think there's some spectacular moments in songwriting, but when you pair it with the production and the fact that they sound like everything else. Look, if you want to pick the best twelve and put it out, I still don't know if I would say this is better than any Taylor Swift album she's ever put out.
Speaker 3: I mean I wouldn't say that either.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all I'm saying. So when you're at this point in your career, you need to be getting at least better, you know what I mean, Like you should go, oh, it's not better than reputation, it's not better than evermore. It's it's not. And so I'm like, where does it land when it comes to how good an album is. If you're going to really compare her to her earliest, earliest works, then okay, maybe, but I kind of like those better. I mean, the pureness and the joy of being young is so captured in that very first record, and even on Red It's just it's hard to say anything's better than those emotions that I feel or that I relate to when I listen to it. So I'm forced to say this is her worst album.
Speaker 3: I know, Oh no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Then what's her worst album for me?
Speaker 2: And in one album of the year it's this just goes to remind everybody art music it's all subjective, it's personal preference. I prefer this over folklore any day of the week.
Speaker 1: Say not me. And I even like love her better.
Speaker 3: Oh I love lover.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the fact that it's too much. If you just want to gave me twelve songs, yeah, then maybe I could feel it differently, And maybe I'll feel differently in like two years, when I have enough time to digest that amount of life.
Speaker 3: I do feel differently. Here's how I feel.
Speaker 2: Because we spoke Friday morning, and I obsessively listened to all thirty one songs. I'm as like fucking committed. I am committed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listened all weekend as well.
Speaker 2: I am not skipping a single song anytime it comes on. So Thursday night, Friday, Saturday, and all Sunday, all of those days, I listen and listen and listen. And what happened was the songs that I initially instantly liked, I fucking loved, and then the songs that I'm like, uh, I felt the same exact way over. I'm like, eventually I'll start just skipping these and just listen to the ones that I love, because there are a lot that I love, and then there are some that I'm like, Oh, those are good, but they're not great.
Speaker 1: I would say that for my ear. I like the London going back whatever. That London song.
Speaker 3: Is good by London or so Long London.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really good. And that one down Bad is what I I like, Down Bad, very good song. I like that that gets in you. That's good, So.
Speaker 2: Long London I like. My absolute favorites are Florida with Florence and the Machine.
Speaker 1: Don't like that at all?
Speaker 3: You don't, Oh, I love it now.
Speaker 1: I hope that warms up on me.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Amy.
Speaker 2: I love Love of My Life, which reminds me of white Horse, and I like but Daddy, I love him.
Speaker 1: That's good. See, that's more of what I'm talking about. Like a universal kind of feel of anyone could kind of relate to that song. I like those kind of songs. I don't like distracks and sitting there going well, this is about that guy.
Speaker 2: And I like so many of them. I don't dislike any of them. It's weird, you know, like even Fortnite. I really like Fortnite, but to me, Fortnite was like, it's like a third single or a second single.
Speaker 1: That's not a single to me, There's no way that should be a single. That's just not a great song.
Speaker 3: Not the lead single to me.
Speaker 2: But just to reiterate what I said a minute ago, music is subjective, and it's so upsetting to me to see people that if you express an opinion about Taylor Swift that is I don't love it.
Speaker 3: There are those Swifties. If you don't love every single fucking thing, oh, I know you're you're either dumb or you have bad takes.
Speaker 1: These are trumpers. I mean, they're not the same people. They're actually opposed politically, but they have the same mindset when you're talking about a hardcore Swifty. But that's not entirely true, Perez, because I mean, if you look, we have a message board on our Patreon if you don't subscribe to that. But like, I was just writing a comment. This girl was saying that she went to a party a Taylor Swift the Dead Poet Society, whatever fucking listening party, and she said they didn't even finish it. They were bored. And when you go to a party for an album, that says to me, you're a Swiftie. And I have seen some comments from other, you know, quote Swifties that have said things like, well, good, I'm glad that a lot of Swifties don't like this record because maybe it'll be a cheaper ticket. No, And I'm like, that boat's fucking sailed, honey. I mean, that's a weird r no way. But it's like Rolling Stone if you would have watched their social media on Friday. I have never seen a publication slabber over one person in more posts in my entire life. Now that prez will just go ahead and say, hey, that's good business. You're there to get clicks. Hell, I can't disagree with that, but the incessant slabbering over something that's just what it is is a little much for me. And then to take it one step further, you get the guy that reviews the album who calls it like the greatest fucking album of all time or whatever, and then pictures come out of him backstage kissing on Taylor and hugging one another. You're like, Wow, you're real subjective. But you have other publications that are like they won't even put the name of their music reviewer because they don't want the throngs of Army members taking a shit on them.
Speaker 2: I think Rolling Stone called it an instant classic, and I would let's sa yeah, I would not agree with that assessment. It's not one of my top three or top five favorite Taylor Swift albums.
Speaker 3: She's released a bunch of albums.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But the thing is it just is what it is. Look, she's a reality show. She's a reality show without a channel. As a matter of fact, not only is she a Kardashian, she's talking about the Kardashians and putting their name in one of her songs. That's what this is. This is someone that's invested in the plot lines and the storylines of the evil record Company guy and Jake gillen holland John Mayer and all these other fucking guys that she's left on the side of the road in the carnage. You know, that's what this is for. There's a lot of people that like that, that are so invested in that. By the way, it's a genius move. But don't sit me down and tell me it's great music, because musically it's not as great as fucking Cruel Summer is.
Speaker 3: A great song.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like we've mentioned the millions of the myriads of fucking great Taylor Swift songs. None of these songs I'm gonna have to put in that pile yet, you know, let's say get into me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two things first, I texted Booker this over the weekend, and listening every time I went to sit down while I was working, just I'm ocds, It's like I've got to listen to the entire album.
Speaker 3: So it just felt like a chore.
Speaker 2: It felt like work having to get through these thirty one songs every time, and that, to me, does a disservice to the songs, to the music, right, And I feel like it was a business decision while she released all of that music, and not an artistic decision.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: He pointed this out to me, And this is important because We talked about this on the Patriot because I didn't think of it this way, but you're one hundred percent right. He gave a rap on the numbers.
Speaker 2: The more songs, the more streams, and that's how music is consumed and tabulated for the charts now. Plus also like if somebody bought the vinyl and.
Speaker 3: They're a hardcore Swifty and there are a lot of.
Speaker 2: Them, they're going to buy now this new one with both versions, or you know, the double album, or.
Speaker 1: Which has weighted much heavier than an actual stream. The whole math is different. You know, when we were kids, when I went out and bought Purple Rain, well that was one copy. It didn't matter if I listened to Purple Rain four billion, seven thousand times, which I did, it didn't count that way. Today it does. One Swifty could sit there and go, well, I played the fucking whole album the entire weekend long, and it counts against that number. So it pays to have a lot of fans, but it doesn't make a chart anywhere near accurate anymore. That's just out the fucking window.
Speaker 2: But listen, I really do really like the album. It's not one of my favorites. I don't think it's bad. And one of the reasons why, almost twenty years into her career, Taylor Swift is not only on top, but bigger than ever before is Obviously she's incredibly talented, but she's also exceptionally smart, such a great business person. This album is what it is, and the next one, I know it's going to be full of bops.
Speaker 1: It's not like she's forgotten how to make them sleep.
Speaker 2: And I think she got the note that we are over Jack Antonov. Talented guy. We appreciate him. They've done a ton of collaborating together, but we want a Max Martin type and listen, it's not going to happen with Max Martin.
Speaker 3: Allegedly, here's the tea. They had a falling out.
Speaker 2: Allegedly, the rumor is she was unhappy that he wouldn't give her producer credit on songs and that he was demanding songwriting credit on songs that he didn't write, you know shit that some big producers do. But if it's not him, but just somebody else, some fresh blood, something exciting and difference, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think the whole you know, relationship with Jack and Matty Healy as well. I mean, he's pretty deep, isn't he on Dirty Hit now as well?
Speaker 3: Like that's Dirty Hit, that's the.
Speaker 1: Record imprint of the nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: Five Jack ansonov Is.
Speaker 1: It's the same people. I can just tell you that.
Speaker 2: Well, very exciting for those that enjoy the new album, and I am one of those people. Taylor is going to be adding some of the songs, or at least one of the songs to the Eras tour. She tweeted about practice and actually I think more than one. She and a band's member tweeted about practicing the new songs. So I'm guessing we'll get at least two songs, if not more.
Speaker 1: And that's a really good and smart move because they've released this on TV where you can go and watch the tour, and I have. I finally sat down and watched the whole thing. I tried to. It was too long, but I think it's good because you know, you got people like in Indianapolis. They're probably feeling ripped off, like we paid three thousand dollars for these fucking tickets so we can go see it, you know, on Disney Plus for for whatever my subscription fee is. Now, they're getting something that nobody else has gotten before. They're gonna get these songs, so that's a great move.
Speaker 2: I do want to talk a little bit in detail about the thank You Amy song, which we kind of glossed over on the Patreon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we never did get to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I talked about it, but we didn't go into detail on it. And it's one of my top three songs off the album.
Speaker 1: I don't get it at all.
Speaker 3: I love the production.
Speaker 2: I'm a swift ye from day fucking one, and the fact that it makes it tickles me for many, many, many many like for a fucking decade plus of her career, Taylor Swift wouldn't even curse on a song, and now this song is saying fuck you Amy. I just know all my og girlies and I when when we're gonna see this in concert live, we are gonna scream fuck you Amy. It's just like I said, this is a song that's meant to be done live. It's gonna be a staple of her live cat and I just love the production. It's kind of got like a little Calypso meets country.
Speaker 3: It's like it's just meets pop. I love the production. I like the lyrics. I love it.
Speaker 2: But she would not curse. She wouldn't even drink. Now she talks about cursing. She talks about drinking all the time. She called herself a functioning alcoholic. She talks about drugs so much on this album. She talks about sex so much on this album.
Speaker 3: She is a woman.
Speaker 2: The evolution has really been beautiful and fascinating to watch.
Speaker 1: Well, you've criticized many artists for doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: She's not glamorizing drugs.
Speaker 1: I just think that that's really alienating the lower end. I think the young end. She's finally punting on going after them and chasing them with met Me and all those terrible songs.
Speaker 2: There is one thing that she gets criticized for a lot some of the haters bring up, and after digesting intensely this new album, I'm like, I could really I see that. You know, a lot of people say she likes to play the victim over and over again, and this album does not help that narrative. She paints herself as the victim.
Speaker 1: But it's what I said, it's just a reality show. It's like, as long as you don't ever come out and say this was about that person. You can get away with it. Some people could even say she's bullying some of these people, and she'll say, why, this is just in my imagination. These are characters that I've made up, like in Betty or something. I'm colin bullshit.
Speaker 2: I mean, she was so specific about the Matti Heally songs, like you know that about Matti Heally.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And you're listening though, and you're listening to this whole home, You're like, you know this one. There's like Travis Kelcey references, there's references to Joe, there's references to Maddie. Like everyone is picking out which one is about whom. And that's what I dislike. I don't fucking care who your song's about. How does it make me feel when I listen to the vibe of the song. That's my criticism and it will continue to be my criticism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said that on the Patreon. I'm like, play these songs to somebody who has no idea about her private life, and.
Speaker 3: Do they hold up A couple of them did? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Kim song, though she literally spelled out k I Am the way she spelled out the title Thank You Amy so we know it's about Kim.
Speaker 3: And you know, when I.
Speaker 2: Was listening to the to the album on Thursday night, tired as fuck because it was two hours and two minutes of music, some of the lyrics, you know, went over my head. But there's this one lyric in that Thank You Amy song that I'm just gonna say it. It's giving major mean girl vibes and it's a low fucking blow.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Last year, I think there was at one point Kim and Kanye's oldest child, their daughter, Northwest, did a silly TikTok video set to the music of Taylor Swift, and Kim was in the video with her. And there's a lyric in this Thank You Amy song about Kim Kardashian, you know, fuck you and calling her a bully. The lyrics says, and one day your kid comes home singing a song that only us two is gonna know is about you. Keep her fucking kid out of it, Taylor. And I say that as a huge Taylor fan. I love her, I think she's family, but leave her like that was gross. That line was gross.
Speaker 1: I think I mentioned it last show. I don't like any of this dragging anyone else into this, but that's when it crosses the line of make believe and everything I just said in fairytale and it could be anybody too. This is very specific and I don't like that, but I get that people do. But it's back to what I keep saying about it being a reality show. That's what this is, and it's a very good reality show. I'm just not a huge fan of reality TV, you know. I'm just I'm not, and that's what it comes down to. But I'm a huge fan of her. I just can't wait till her gets back to doing the things that I like that she does.
Speaker 2: She even name dropped Charlie Pooth in one of the Matty Healy songs, saying that they talked about how they both think Charlie Pooth should be bigger.
Speaker 1: By the way, we've talked about that on this podcast before, how talented it is. He is an insanely gifted he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, how do you think he will view that coming from Taylor Swift like it's both a compliment and a diss.
Speaker 1: I guess it's a backhanded compliment, but I don't think it. I know it's not a dis I think it's just a matter of fact. When I say it to you, I'm not dissing Charlie Pooth. Yeah, your tone sometimes has been like, well, he hasn't really had it. He hits, and you're right, but it's like hits don't mean a lot. Sometimes. I don't know how many hits are on this Taylor Swift record. It's still a juggernaut. Charlie Pooth is just an insanely talented person, and I believe that Maddie realizes that and Taylor. You know, people who know music and know how to make music, they can identify other people that know how to make music. And I mean, even pull back the lens just to the nineteen seventy five. They're not huge in America. I mean, they sell out big venues, but they're huge with their fan base. It's not like you could play chocolate to anybody and they'd know it. They just wouldn't, so it's all perspective.
Speaker 2: The music video for Fortnite was real least, and she totally pandered to older people like myself by having the cast of Dead Poet Society.
Speaker 3: On the music video. And I like being pandered too. I liked it.
Speaker 1: I liked this well Kellen had said, she goes, I don't think any of our fans have any idea who those people are, but I was like, you might be right.
Speaker 3: I loved the music video.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, and like, oh my god, I want both Malone to get rid of all his face tattoos. He looks so handsome without all the face get rid of the face tattoos.
Speaker 1: Please. The whole video just made me miss Robin Williams. I mean, the most maybe gifted person of our generation was Robin Williams. So that him and like a Robert Downey junior and Meryl Streep and just completely special people, and seeing that video just made me think of him. That he wasn't even in it.
Speaker 2: Very last tailor thing, I promise. Okay, my last question, what do you think Travis makes of all of this?
Speaker 1: That's a very good question. And you know she made a point two before everything came out that the whole you know, this era is dead, We're closing the book on all of this. So I think she probably couched everything to him with that, like this is part of that era, and it's part of the creative process, and let's be honest. This guy's having the time of his fucking life with Taylor Swift. Okay, this guy rocking the boat for shit. He's like, whatever, honey, whatever you want to do. I'm gonna go play Nintendo or fucking Xbox. Whatever she says on the fucking album about him. You know, she makes him sound like a bro on the album.
Speaker 2: Not even that, it's almost like a diss It's like right, like they're back in fucking high school, Like she makes her feel like a high schooleror like you're so sophomoreic you're in fucking high school.
Speaker 1: He's on the football team, she's in the band. I mean, that's exactly it's you were fucking meant for me or whatever. That song.
Speaker 3: I love that song. That's my favorite Taylor Swift song of all time. You belong with Me.
Speaker 1: That's my point about capturing youth. That song just captures youth and can never be replicated. It's why I didn't like the whole albums being rerecorded anyhow. You're never gonna replicate that feeling in my heart, no way.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on some good news with Scott Dissick. According to reports, he is done with his ozembic era he realized he went too far and he is.
Speaker 3: Over it good.
Speaker 1: They say you gained the weight back once you get off of it.
Speaker 2: Well he's They allegedly he's going to work with a nutritionists so he doesn't gain the weight back.
Speaker 1: I'm all right, Well, hopefully he gained some back because he looks so crazy thin.
Speaker 2: I was literally talking to a friend about ozempic last night and I was like, if it allowed me to eat all that I wanted and not gain weight, I would fucking take ozempic. But that's not how it works. It just it makes you lose your appetite. I don't want if I can lose my appetite. I want a miracle drug that will let me eat all I want and not gain weight.
Speaker 3: Why does that not exist?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's coming, baby, yet exactly the minute.
Speaker 2: That shit is on the market, I will be all over that because I have bucket.
Speaker 3: I still love to eat, all right.
Speaker 2: Winona Judd, her daughter very Sad, has struggled with substance abuse and the law for many years now. She was recently arrested and charged with multiple offenses, including in decent exposure, soliciting, prostitution, obstruction of public officers, and she has been sitting in the county jail for over two weeks because she could not pay her bond of twenty five hundred dollars. And I've seen a lot of people say, wow, that's great, good on Winona, tough love. Yeah, I'm not one of those people.
Speaker 1: Well, Perez, you've got to let people hit rock bod.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: This is a pattern. This isn't the first time she's done it one through ten times. That's what you have to call time out.
Speaker 2: She already had a major time out. Winona's daughter was arrested in twenty sixteen on way more serious charges.
Speaker 1: So now that it's lesser, she should fucking write it. Check the letter out.
Speaker 3: No, let me explain.
Speaker 2: She was previously arrested for meth possession and meth manufacturing and meth selling. Crazy and she's still only in her mid twenties. She's twenty seven years old.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: She had previously served not even time in jail, time in prison. I don't know the exact time, but I think it was over a year. So what I'm getting at is over a year in prison did not straighten this young woman out. Sitting in the County jail is not going to help her. She already spent over a year in prison.
Speaker 1: Okay, well she's got to continue to rake the bottom and say, do I really want to be there? I mean, once again, what is she supposed to do? Write a check every time that she gets in trouble. This girl, you know how the movie's gonna end. Either she gets her shit together or the fucking grim Reaper will find her. And that's when you're a parent, you at least know, at least I know where my fucking kid is tonight. Not out selling drugs, not out making drugs, not out hooking, not out doing any of that. That fucking kid is in a fucking can somewhere. Someone's got an eye on her. If I'm a parent, I think I'm relieved. Bro.
Speaker 3: I would have bailed her out on.
Speaker 2: The condition, boy, condition that she agrees to go to like a six month treatment facility. Yeah, I mean, actually maybe maybe we know what it did offer that And the daughter said no.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the kid's already done treatment. Only one person could decide, and it's that person. There's no like if sort of I'm one hundred percent of the nota side.
Speaker 2: Speaking of family issues Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: To Surrey Cruse.
Speaker 2: She turns eighteen or she might have just turned eighteen years old, either within the last few days or it's coming up. But eighteen years old Surrey Cruse, and according to reports, her father is still not involved in her life life at all because of Scientology. He chose scientology over his.
Speaker 1: Child now according to reports.
Speaker 2: According to scientologists as well, he's an awful father. Yeah, I said that, Your a shit dad, if that's what you're doing, Tom Cruise. Speaking of Scientology, according to reports, the next season of Real Housewives of New York has cast Rebecca Minkoff, this fashion designer who's also a major scientologist. She donates millions of dollars to them. I would not be watching if I was a watcher, But you can do you. I can't support scientology.
Speaker 3: I can't. Sorry. Also, speaking of Real Housewives.
Speaker 2: Of New York, Bethany Frankel announced the death of her mother to cancer over the weekend, and in true Bethany Frankel fashion was very, very very honest about her relationship with her mother. I don't really have an opinion because I don't know exactly what went down. She hinted at it. It must have been real bad. She says, I was an adult long before Brin's age, her own daughter, experiencing things no young child should endure. I'm not sure what that is in relation.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, well, I don't know. I think parenting today versus parenting yesterday is a lot different. It's hard to compare the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just an eye opening. The tribute she wrote also passed away. Very sad. This former American Idol contestant, Mandisa just forty seven years old.
Speaker 3: She died. We don't have a.
Speaker 2: Cause of death yet, just people speculating because she had previously talked about suffering depression. And that guy who set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial, he ended up dying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he caught himself on fire. And it wasn't like a little flame on the end of his finger. I mean the guy was fully engulfed in flames. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Thank god he died, because you do not want to live if you've recovered after that crazy. I can't stop thinking about conspiracy theorists though, and some sane people do become conspiracy theorists. But I would like to think that person just suffered from mental illness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go there. Anybody that catches themselves on fire is mentally ill.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Singer Brian McKnight has disowned four of his children with different baby mamas, who he claims were the product of sin.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you're the one who fucking sins? Right the fuck?
Speaker 2: Why are the kids being punished for something you did?
Speaker 1: I don't know. That seems like there's more to that start.
Speaker 2: Well, he was complaining about how they were raised by their mothers, and La la la Gypsy Rose Blanchard continues her makeover. She recently had a nose job. Now she got a smile makeover as well. You know, she had all of those silver that silver in her mouth, Now they're natural colored.
Speaker 3: What's filling her fillings?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just changed out our fillings.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they're fillings.
Speaker 2: Some of them might have just been like fake teeth that were silver, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because you know, growing up in the eighties, all the fillings were like silver. I had to get all mind taken out and changed to enamel or whatever the fuck they put in there, ceramic, whatever, pottery, who fucking knows what it is. But yeah, I had to do the same thing for.
Speaker 3: All five of you that care.
Speaker 2: Larza Pippen and Michael Jordan's son are back together yet again. Really yeah, yeah, congrats to them. Also, because the Patreon supporter asked, Pink is suing Pharrell because Farrell is trying to trademark this name, this brand called pt I n.
Speaker 3: C p inc Right.
Speaker 2: I don't know who said I'm on their Pink spells her name professionally, p exclamation mark n K. Pharrell wants p period I n C.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like a loss for pink to I mean, isn't there the clothing brand pink? I feel like for quite a few years it said pink on a lot of chick sasses.
Speaker 3: That was Victoria's secret.
Speaker 1: Okay, Victoria's secret pink.
Speaker 3: But you're right they did. They did.
Speaker 1: Do you think I forget color on an ass? I did not.
Speaker 3: Victoria's secret was very popular.
Speaker 1: It said fucking orange. I to remember that a.
Speaker 2: While before we do our last topic, a thank you to some new Patreon subscribers. We got a bunch who were signed up to hear our Taylor Swift Show. Thank you to all of you Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton if you're not signed up yet, please do. We love your support and you never know what you're gonna get. So thank you to Shanaiah Galloway, Jessica Trio, Marina d Lauren Bustamante, Alexandra Whistle, Patricia Laura Kimberly Jackson, Chris JK Claire, O'Dell, Beckhunger, Stacey Augus Stin, Deborah Dawkin who signed up for the entire year, Foxy Pipes who also signed up for the entire year, Jamie Whitman, Jules Vanessa Garcia, and that's everybody.
Speaker 1: By the way, Perez said something like the Taylor Swift Show, we didn't even count that as a regular show. And that's just pres and I went on and we were like, Hey, this is the biggest thing happening, Let's go on and talk about it. That's one of the cool perks of Patreon. We do that. We can do that, all right.
Speaker 2: Finally, Paris Hilton debuted for the first time photos of her daughter London and very strategically did it to.
Speaker 3: Promote this new song that she released. I liked that.
Speaker 2: Clever marketing and actually fucking Sea put Paris Hilton on a song really odd. She doesn't sound good, but she doesn't sound bad either.
Speaker 1: You know what. And Vampire Weekend Weekend one had Paris Hilton on their set, which you want to talk about left field like Vampire Weekend and Paris Hilton, Like, what the fuck? I know?
Speaker 2: I actually told a friend of mine who works at a magazine, I don't want to say which one is, like, you should put her on the cover and really analyze this rebranding of Paris Hilton because it's clearly been strategic and effective. Yeah, and I'm glad. I don't believe, like, listen, in the past, she said and did horrible things, racist things, homophobic things, and that's okay. And I'm a big gay, Okay. I believe that you can say and do dumb and hurtful things when you're young and you should not be punished for that for your entire life. Okay, So it's okay, all right, let's take a call or two.
Speaker 4: Hi. This is Jillian. I'm calling from New York. I'm actually listening to the latest episode right now, and I am like appalled at how angry Perez goat when a booker basically said, Look, I'm an adult and I don't care about all that bullshit.
Speaker 3: What is she talking about?
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift?
Speaker 3: Oh? Really?
Speaker 1: The like, let's continue. I think she clarifies, let's just here.
Speaker 4: Okay, you act like you know you're nine years old and like they're telling you that Santa Claus isn't real for people who listen to the music because they don't want to see all of that bullshit. So relax forres. I'm sure she'll send you tickets the next time she's in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Ye, I love New York.
Speaker 3: A little attitude.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's because I was talking about Remember, I was like, oh, my favorite color is fucking red and the number thirteen and I'm like, it's just a little juvenile at times, and you were kind of saying it wasn't. And I think that's what she's talking about. Okay, the codes and but people are into it, you know what I mean. Like, I don't care, it's just to me, it just comes back to songs, and I don't know, I'm just a fan of songs and I'm hearing a lot of them.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, this is Katie from Chicago. I was listening to your Patreon on the Taylor Swift album and I guess I'm just kind of calling to echo, but wanted to say, Perez, awesome, awesome point about her working hard on the lyrics and not paying as much attention to the melodies, because the lyrics are amazing, but we all know.
Speaker 1: She can write.
Speaker 4: It's great, like you said, a diary, but at the end of the day, it all starts to sound the same, like she should have put out a poetry poem down there and then either like made a poem book.
Speaker 3: Ye I just said that.
Speaker 4: You know people would eat that up, make a poem book, or release the other songs in like six months and pretend it's a brand new era, whatever the hell it is. I think thirty one songs is way too much, even for myself. I really do enjoy her and find her interesting, but it's way too overwhelming. You have that many songs at once, like you guys said, I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you everybody, Patreon dot com, slash Perez Hilton, and we'll see some of you on Thursday for our show there.
Speaker 3: If not, we.
Speaker 2: Appretiate, respect, love, and celebrate all of you.
Speaker 3: Have a wonderful week.
Speaker 1: Take care, everybody. Goodbye,