Speaker 1: Hey there, folks. It is Friday, May twenty third, the second week of testimony, and the Ditty trial is done. And it wrapped Thursday with one of the most highly anticipated witnesses so far, Kid Cuddy, the rapper who briefly dated Cassie Ventura, Ditty's ex girlfriend. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Roodes. We continue to be, as you put it, the one stop shop to get folks caught up so they don't have to go shopping around a bunch of places with a bunch of reporting on a bunch of testimony.
Speaker 2: Which is what we've been doing to get everyone caught up. But yes, this was a quite a week. The first week was explicit, the second week even more so because a lot of this testimony backed up and added context to what we heard from Cassie Ventur about what she claimed she suffered for nearly eleven years at the hands of Ditty.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to put it. She was there for three, maybe even four days that she spent time on the stand setting a foundation, and now everybody is coming in essentially corroborating or at least lending something to what she said, Like oh, Yeah, that thing we saw Diddy do. That's in line with what Cassie said. So there's been a lot of that. We got sixteen witnesses so far. We do. Let you know, testimony is not going to start again until next Tuesday. They took off for the holiday weekend, but Robes as they wrapped up the week, I like asking you here, what stood out to you from the previous day that we now have in the books.
Speaker 2: You know, I know we had some explosive witnesses, but I actually was taken it back by the testimony from the general manager of an La hotel. Where did he stayed frequently? Where did he apparently had these freak offs frequently? And I was blown away that the hotel was so aware of the craziness that was going on in these hotel rooms that he would book under his alias, that they actually had notes in a file with his alias name about what to do, how to deal with all the craziness, including spring air freshener in the hallways because of the smells that were coming out of the room, the fact that they had to shut down the room, close it down for reservations after they left because they knew they would have to do a deep clean. I mean, the details just go on and on. But these were physical notes written in a computer, so that the next hotel employee who dealt with Diddy and his gang knew how to manage it. And yet none of us knew what was going on, And yet so many people were aware of what was actually happening.
Speaker 1: He's speaking there of the general manager of a hotel. He was one of several witnesses on the stand yesterday. At least four were up there yesterday, among them the former assistant. He continued his testimony from the previous day. Did he's former assistant George Kaplan is his name. We had a makeup artist who used to work for Diddi but then ended up working for Cassie. She testify to some violence that she saw. And then of course we had Kid Cutty. Let's start there. Kid Cutty is a Grammy winner. This guy is I'm not sure who compare him to in the rap world, but he's for some people. You got to do a little bit of a deep dive, right he is. He's not a grand, top chart topping hit maker type guy. He is more of a guy that stains in his lane. He's a little he's a little more I would say creative. He's outside the box of regular hip hop and all, not.
Speaker 3: Like a gangster rap. He's not doing rap beefs with people.
Speaker 2: And yet somehow he got caught up in all of this diddy back and forth.
Speaker 3: But I had never heard of him.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. A lot of people don't seem to know who he is. And he is well respected in that community as being a creative, a really not just a raw guy who gets up there. Obviously has talent, but he is respected as a creative. We'll give him, folks an idea of who this guy is. But he walked in Roseman. The first thing that struck me was what he was wearing. I mean, he got out of the car. This is a very high profile trout, a beat up motorcycle jacket, white T shirt, smoking a cigarette, walking into.
Speaker 3: The court room, blue jeans on.
Speaker 1: That's how he chose the show. That's him, that's in line with him, that's in line with his personality, do you think. But that struck me as soon as I saw it, like, where is he going? Is he going into a club?
Speaker 2: It looked like he was going into a James dean audition, like he really was channeling that casual cool. I don't give an f as he was walking in and like the cigarette that had to be a choice, right or did he just really need a smoke before he walked in because he was nervous.
Speaker 1: You never know, but smokers, you never know when they need a smoke break, but when they need one, they need one. But he walked in completely chilling. But the background here of the relevance here robes is that this is the guy who dated Cassie for about a month. And I guess we've heard heard the story so many times at this point of how did he find out found out about it? And that's how Cutty finds himself in this store.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, so Cassie and did he apparently even though they were broken up, were still apparently freaking off. That actually was news to me as well. But he's going through her phone because he had access to everything that was hers and saw email from Cuttie's kid Cutti's assistant asking about Cassie's toiletry bag over at Kid Cuttie's place, and he went ballistic and the beef started then and it got it went just it went from just him being angry to him. Actually, according to Kid Cutty and Cassie, taking action against the rapper.
Speaker 1: This is where he comes in to play. Here where Kid Cutty claims that after this there was a break into his home and that somebody torched his car with a Molotov cocktail. He believes that Diddy is behind both of those. He described an incident in which he got on the phone with Ditty and they were telling him to come home, like threatening him and telling him to come to his own house, say when he got through the places trashed? But did he wasn't there? So even on the stand telling the story, and maybe we hear all this and it pieces together with okay, maybe that sounds like Diddy or that's in line with some other stuff. They had proved necessarily that Diddy was there, but the inference is.
Speaker 2: Clear they might be setting up a way to prove it in that there was someone else there.
Speaker 3: Did he? According to Cutty?
Speaker 2: And what we may here next week a woman who was his assistant at the time, who were expecting to be on the stand on Tuesday. Her name's Capricorn. Hard to forget that name, but she apparently was there too, So perhaps we will hear from her corroborating what we heard from Kid Cutty that yeah, Diddy and his folks were there and they opened up his Christmas presents, like unwrapped them, locked his dog up, So he was very upset about all of that. And of course the Porsche incident we heard from Cassie Ventura saying that did he when he found out, said I'm going to blow up his car? Like actually said that and then lo and behold a short time later, Kid Cutty's car actually was torched and blew up.
Speaker 1: That lets you know who Kid Cutt he is and why he's important to this case. But he got on the stand, I think robes and this is part of the reason we want to do this these updates we're continued to do so throughout the trial is because a lot of times you only see a headline and you try to make sense of it. And the headline that many of you may have seen already is that Cutt he called did he a Marvel super villain? And there's some context with that. We got some earlier and piece this story together and that sounds like it's clever and it's cute and that's funny, but there's a whole lot more.
Speaker 2: To it than that, that's right, because actually when he said that in the courtroom from the people who were there inside, said, the audience or the folks in the courtroom laughed. They were chuckling at what he said. But there was really nothing funny about what he was describing. Because he went to go meet him to try and deal with all of this back and forth and to stop any more threats or potential vie olence. And so he met him at the Soho house and Cassie was there, but he said he was stood there in a silhouette with his hands behind his back, standing in a super villain position, just to give you an idea. And look, we've talked to folks who know him and say that's right on brand.
Speaker 1: That surprised me. We did. We talked to someone who's worked with him over the years and right in the middle of the height of bad Boy and said, yes, that is a that's absolutely I recognize it. I know it. I've seen it a hundred times. He just and if you stop and think about a lot of these Disney movies, you can see it. There's some guy standing on a window looking out, hands behind his back, some ominous look. He said that was something he was known for and Diddy regularly did. But he said it in a funny way, a Marvel supervillain. But those, you know, super villains are scary.
Speaker 2: They certainly are, and they can do damage and intimidating.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I took away from it.
Speaker 2: Just yes, we're hearing about the physical violence and that thrust, but there was just a physical intimidation. He knew how to stand a certain way, how to look at you a certain way, how to just speak volumes, perhaps without even saying anything at all. So when Kid Cutty described that scene, we can all see it in our heads, and it all makes sense that part of the reason why the prosecution is trying to set up this case of coercion, and a lot of that was with drug use, they say, but also just with his the threatening nature of who he was and what he said he would do.
Speaker 1: So Cuddy did say they had a meeting did He looked to him in the eye, said I'm not responsible for any of that stuff. I didn't do it. He shook on it. Cut He said, I didn't believe him for a second, and then he said several years later, they ran into each other and did. He wasn't specific, but he apologized for all that bs, all that mess, So he took it as an admission, but he didn't wasn't specific about Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know something else that just reminded me that Cutty said Kid Cutty said that was interesting and perhaps wasn't what the prosecution was hoping he would say. But and I don't know how the jury would will take this, but he said that both he and Diddy got played by Cassie Ventur, so that probably wasn't a I don't know how big of a strike that was against the prosecution and in terms of keeping Cassie Ventor's credibility where they wanted, but he certainly felt like he'd been played by her. I mean they only were together for about a month. But he also said he got out of it because he just could not deal with all the drama. And I think when you hear him tell his story about what that month was like for him and even the few weeks that followed, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: That's still to your point about the he said they got played. I mean you talk about they try to keep up with her credibility, but her culpability is going to be an issue in this case because they did wait all these text messages. She wanted to be there, she was initiating, she was leading sometimes, and all these things. And to hear, yes, her testimony was devastating to hear clearly we know and we have seen her be abused, but to hear if it a steady drum beat, even a little bit here and there of Oh, Cassie's not just victims just a victim, She's an accomplice to some degree, is what the defense is trying to establish. And maybe that one little comment, yeah, I got played by Cassie plays in some way to wonder, it.
Speaker 3: Plays oh you need Yeah, It plants the seat in someone's head.
Speaker 2: And you think about that meeting when he came to confront Ditty, or at least to try and calm things down. She was in the room with them, standing next to Ditty. So that is those are all. It seems small and potentially insignificant, but it could plant a seed in a juror's head.
Speaker 1: The other and we talk about that. We're going to go through some details here now that you all. I just can't believe this was from the general manager of Lameritage in La a hotel out there. But Frederick Zeemour is his name, the general manager. But Robes this blew my mind. Talk about culpability, we talk about who did all of us in some way allow this to happen? In playing sight, this hotel might have some more to answer given this testimony.
Speaker 2: And that's right because mister Zmore testify that notes at and this is just one hotel.
Speaker 3: Who knows what other hotels had.
Speaker 2: But in his hotel there was a note under the profile Frank Black, which is the alias that did he use when he came to the hotel, and they knew exactly who was coming, and so under the name Frank Black here were some of the notes. Always spills candle wax on everything and uses excessive amounts of oil, so even they knew about the baby oil.
Speaker 1: See different we fall probably well, we travel enough to where you're at a play or even if you have rewards or something like a rowds program, you go to a hotel, they have a profile on you that knows you like this has a nut allergy if you're there enough. It's that kind of thing. There is a guest profile that is warning guest or the hotel employees. This is how you handle this guy. This is how he behaves, This is how you need to do it. In response, why would anybody would kicked out for the behavior right what they have in his profile?
Speaker 2: Why would you be allowed to return? You know, I imagine at a certain point. So to that point, they also did say that when you are checking in anyone who's checking in Frank Black, you have to authorize an extra one thousand dollars when that guest stays with us to cover any room damages. So clearly they learned that there are massive damages coming.
Speaker 3: So why would you want him back in the hotel?
Speaker 1: I guess because as Sean Diddy comes that, is there any other reason that the financial because somebody pays for.
Speaker 2: Hotels, is he paying more than other guests? That makes no sense to me.
Speaker 1: So yes, to your point that I would love to ask some more questions of this hotel.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The note also instructs staff to place the room out of order upon departure for deep cleaning. Again, that means that they can't then have that room available for another guest. When you know, late late checkout probably doesn't even matter, but to get someone back in right.
Speaker 1: Imagine, I mean the punisher called own, Hey, we're going to need a late checkout.
Speaker 3: We need a late checkout.
Speaker 2: But then you can't have new guests come into that room it looks like for another twenty four hours. So now you're losing money every time did he comes because you can't release the room as normal people do. And I guarantee you told him you got a twelve pm checkout.
Speaker 3: He is not going to be adhering to that.
Speaker 1: You know what many people who are thinking, when when did I stay at that hotel?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Did I stay in that I did? It did smell a little weird.
Speaker 2: People are probably staying in those rooms right now and don't even know it.
Speaker 3: That's freaky to use it. I keep using that word. Why you know what?
Speaker 1: You use this? Or I did not know? And we need to address this. These are freak offs. Yes, you earlier said that someone was freaking off? So can it be a verb and a noun?
Speaker 3: I mean I feel established, I feel like, yeah, the.
Speaker 1: First time I heard anybody said that was just you about five minutes ago.
Speaker 3: That was a slip of the top.
Speaker 1: They were freaking off.
Speaker 2: It's a verb now, I mean, I feel like that's an appropriate use of the word what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Later, I'll be freaking off. I'm not gonna be able to witch all until maybe next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me know when that's over, because I have no desire to be freaking off with anybody.
Speaker 3: My goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the air freshener thing, which I mentioned off the top, so.
Speaker 2: Apparently it was so crazy that it seeped out into the hallway. I mean, what did it smell like? Does baby oil smell a certain way?
Speaker 1: Baby oil, possibly burning candles, sweaty flesh, vomiting.
Speaker 3: She's yes, she said she got sick from all the drug use.
Speaker 1: Look y'all, that's urine.
Speaker 2: Oh how did we forget that? They're peeing in each other's mouths and it spills out into.
Speaker 1: The given that detail, and then oh my god.
Speaker 2: But yeah, now that I'm thinking about it, it probably smelled like a frat house.
Speaker 1: But the note here in quotes it said, please monitor outside his room down the hall to spray air freshener. You just have to monitor a guest room because we know all kinds of foolishness. Did they not know something illegal was going on?
Speaker 2: Well? I was just wondering is there any culpability speaking of culpability from these establishments that are allowing a person to come into their establishment and other guests are there, so they're responsible for other guests' experiences, other guests safety, and maybe even the guests he's bringing into the room. Do they have any responsibility if something happens at their hotel?
Speaker 3: Why would they continue to let him to.
Speaker 1: They're going to claim they didn't know. They have to right, They're going to claim they didn't know a llegal activity was going on, but they're permitting it. I mean people being paid for sex. I believe that's still illegal.
Speaker 3: It is unless you're in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: They're not. But yeah, that was to hear that. It was really eye opening to hear that they had a file essentially and knew how to handle him based on these free COFs. The other a significant couple new details there from George Kaplan, the former assistant. He had been on the stand the previous day, but he wrapped up in the morning, but he confirmed the stories that Cassie also told. He said he left his job because he did witness or be abused on more than one occasion, so he wrapped up his testim And again, this is another guy we talked about, like many, he didn't want to be there and almost wasn't going to be.
Speaker 2: There no, because he genuinely had to incriminate himself with drug activity, picking up drugs, bringing the drugs to him in order to testify accurately, and so yes, he had to get an immunity deal from the judge before he even felt comfortable speaking about what he saw, what he witnessed, and what he participated in for some of those months. Someone else who took the stand that I thought was really telling and corroborating for Cassie's story was the makeup artist that was a makeup artist for both Sean Diddycomb's and for Cassie Ventura Maya Morales. But she actually details a very specific event where she was sleeping or napping and she heard yelling and it was so significant. Cassie comes running in, she's got She said she witnessed a black eye, a busted lip, and her injuries were so bad that she took her back to her personal home and had a friend of hers who was a physician, come and examine Cassie and said, you need to go to the emergency room, Cassie refused to go to the emergency room, refused to call police. And here's this Maya Morales and her friend who's a physician. Everyone just stays quiet. They're afraid, she said, she was afraid.
Speaker 1: We're going to have to get into this later. And I think we could all learn something about this case. No, not every instance deals with a guy as powerful as a diddy. But to hear the number of people who are aware, who were literally there when crimes were taking place that they're now describing on a stand and not a single person called police. I am not aware of this point, at least of a police report that was done anywhere.
Speaker 2: No, the only time I've even heard so far in testimony that there was ever police involved or called was when he was standing outside her home with a hammer after the video that we all saw. Correct, and her friend only called other people in the diddy circle.
Speaker 3: They don't know how it happened.
Speaker 2: But hours later a police officer showed up and they said, nothing's wrong, no problem, Naha, We've.
Speaker 1: Got to do better. I mean, this is a tough lesson for all of us to be learning together. But to hear how many, I mean, they're like we could probably just start naming up to ten easily. But there's more who saw it and no one did anything. I know what they're arguing. There's a powerful guy. We were fearful of physical harm, death, all kinds of stuff. That makes sense, but we got we gotta do better.
Speaker 2: You know. That is one thing that perhaps something good that could come out of all of this is just I think people don't feel like they have a voice or that they will be believed, And perhaps that could have been true too.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But when you're going up someone who's powerful and rich and regarded and esteemed and can make or break your career and has proven it seems like that he if he doesn't like you, will seek revenge. If you've angered him, he will do something to you. So there is retribution for any of that. But my god, you just if just one person, and I don't know, like, do you trust police in this situation? Do you trust There's that whole issue as well, where if you go to police, how do you know that did he isn't gonna pay them off or have them in your back pocket? Like, there's just so many there's so much fear, is so it's either motivating or it's crippling, and it looks like it crippled so many people for so many years, and there are so many victims because of it.
Speaker 1: It's complex and we get that, but it's just we this is a hell of a And again, folks, we will continue to update you and do these daily updates so the trial, because it is important, we think, to get past headlines, to get past baby oil, to get past super villain, to get past some of the salaciousness in the headlines. But we're going to continue to tell you what's happening, but I want to keep a conversation going with you all as well, so we certainly appreciate you all listening.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: And so again, there is no court Friday today, there's no court on Monday from Memorial Day, but things will resume on Tuesday, and it seems like they're going to be kicking off with another bang as the prosecution continues its case against Sean Diddy Coom and we will be there with you through it all. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.