Speaker 1: I am all in again. Oh, let's kiss you.
Speaker 2: You'll more Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, we are here for an episode of bun Heads, and this one's a little bit different because we are together in the flesh.
Speaker 3: You and I just grabbed the garlia garliicst piece of garlic bread ever, so I will not breathe on you because I need to brush my tear garlic. Did you get it already too?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I ate what are the saracumin onion? I have onion chick?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, Danielle and I are having a little party together today, so we get to be together and literally not that anyone cares, because I know you don't, but we will tell you right after this, we are going to go roll up our pants and stick our feet in this hot tub that happens to be where it's not a bathtub. Although I'm not I would do that with you stick our feet about him.
Speaker 1: I'm honored that I am one of the few you.
Speaker 3: Not a problem totally with you. But there is a hot tub here, so Danielle and I get to stick our feet in a chlorinated hot.
Speaker 1: Amy and I are very stressed right now. I wish I can paint this picture for you, because she has a heating bed on her back. Right now, I think to oh, okay, you heard it. I was gonna say, to alleviate some stress that we.
Speaker 3: I hurt my way back at Disneyland yesterday, Listen to how I did it. So guys, if anyone out there is over the age of forty five, you will understand. I was carrying four water bottles.
Speaker 1: Before the water bottle.
Speaker 3: Really really basically what happened is we were with all this group of people at Disneyland and they were going on Rise of the Resistance, which I'm scared of. So I was like, oh, get the waters. So I got to like four water bottles please. First of all, I don't know if you've ever been to Disneyland in the Star Wars area set, the sprite and the coke are like literally made to look like wibbley wobblies from Star Wars. It's like so rad. I don't even not explain it. I don't drink soda, and I wanted to because I was like, I really want to buy.
Speaker 1: One of those about do you drink the blue milk.
Speaker 3: No, I cannot, but anyway, Okay. So I get the four water bottles and I'm carrying a bunch of stuff because you're at Disneyland. So I put four water bottles under my left arm and I start to walk back and all of a sudden, my back I couldn't breathe. I was like, it it There was this sort of muscle spasm in my left back side to the point that I was like, I would have thought I had some sort of organ damage, but I'm like, there are no organs, Like it's up here. There's no organs up there right right. So I was like, okay, I do Oukham's razor. Do you know what OCAM's razor?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: What's that? So for people that have like, you know, anxiety and like hypochondria like me, you do Aukham's razor, which means the most logical option is likely it. So, as my brain was like, you have organ damage, I was like, what is more likely? The fact that the back started to hurt on the same side as the four water bottles and I had four water bottles under my arm, I took that as the yes, I could almost can't breathe. It hurt so bad, and then I Leen, our friend Eileen was trying to massage it out, and it's definitely getting better. I haven't taken advil today, but it's like, it's not good. The heating pad works so well.
Speaker 1: We are here, guys, and we are going.
Speaker 3: To give you health talk with Danielle n Amy.
Speaker 1: Not what you signed up for today, but you know there's someone listening who has Garlicky or onion bra.
Speaker 3: Who knows now not to carry four water bottles.
Speaker 1: Or who is sitting somewhere with a heating pad.
Speaker 3: Totally you going, don't carry four water bottles under your arm.
Speaker 1: We see you, and we are we.
Speaker 3: Love you, We love you. Okay, So Danielle and I weirdly had a long conversation this week about butN Heads off the air.
Speaker 1: We did because we are.
Speaker 3: Befuddled by Buttonheads, right, because there's so many things about it that are great and very Gilmoury, and then there's something over the top about Sutton Foster's performance that make takes me out of the show.
Speaker 1: And this is the honest conversation I have in my head every single time I watch an episode.
Speaker 3: It's scary to say this A.
Speaker 1: Lot nicer than I did to Amy over the weekend. But the thing that I had, and I don't know if it's because I watched it so quickly after finishing gil mart Sure, so I didn't. I went in right after, yep. And I loved Gilmour so much. And I've said this on this podcast before, Lauren Graham and Kelly.
Speaker 4: Bishop perfection you have to throw in there perfection, sure, sure, but specifically understated, yes, yes, but specifically Lauren and Kelly are just so iconic together and are just so beautiful.
Speaker 1: The chemistry, all of it is just so awesome that anybody else that I see with Kelly immediately does not live up to it.
Speaker 3: So let me tell you what I think you're actually saying. Lauren Graham, She's like unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you do.
Speaker 3: You realize it because the writing is the same, right, The writing is good. It's really hard to deliver that that sarcasm, that quick wit, that goofy nis. But even the way Lauren Graham does physical.
Speaker 1: Comedy is not over the top. I know everything about and they say that that's so hard. Every actor that you sit with is like, the hardest thing ever is physical comedy, which I guess so because it's not working, everybody's.
Speaker 3: But where's Lauren Graham's Emmy? Like seriously, like she's I think when you watch this now, I will say, Rachel Brosnahan in Mazel, which you haven't seen yet, is real good. Yeah, she watch really good and Alex Borstein is really good. I think Alex Borstein's actually way better in Mazel than she was in Gilmour. She was way too over the top for me when she was Drella and Madam Hoosy Doozy. She's so good in Mazel. I mean, I love that character. I think that because Sutton Foster is such a Broadway actor and musicians. She's so talented. She is she can sing, she can dance, you can do all these things. It is tough on tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that I so every time I watch thisthing like there is a reason why Amy Sherman Palladino loves her, she continues to use her, you know, has some kind of love for Setton Foster. So there is something there that, as a writer and creator of a series, that she's drawn to using this actress for right, So like maybe Michelle is supposed to be Setton Foster. Maybe that character is supposed to be that way. Maybe that character is supposed to be slightly irritating.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 3: Look, if you're in your car, you're on a walk right now, and you're saying to yourself, who the E for these two judging?
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 3: We don't know who that we are. You are just got lucky that someone at iHeart lets us have microphones. We get it.
Speaker 1: So like, invite somebody else, right, We are.
Speaker 3: Just giving our random opinions about a show that we do love, which I do love Gilmore Girls, obviously, I do love Bunheads, I really do. I love Hazel too. The fashion is getting me down, Red Tom, I can like, I don't know why they're doing that. Like that's the thing about Gilmour is like Graham changed her clothes every five minutes, and I was.
Speaker 1: And you wanted to do everything.
Speaker 3: We just ordered Now, by the way, we just ordered five of the jackets from the Walmart ad now bred Tom's.
Speaker 1: I don't know about Red, but Tom's were of the era. Those I had those like I wore Tom.
Speaker 3: I just don't need them every episode. They're just it's like, where's the fashion number two? How do I say this? She's Broadwayish right, like yes, and maybe that is meant to be. But it's so weird because which we'll talk about Michelle the friend? Is that just not her name? No, Michelle's that's the friend.
Speaker 1: Can imagine the friend.
Speaker 3: The friend was not over the top at all. Something about the friend was so likable that I'm like, what is happening? Why does Sutton foster?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's like she's loud, like she's she's talking to the back of the audience, but I'm like, I'm right here. And again, I didn't feel this way about Younger as much. I'll have to rewatch Younger, but I don't know. Maybe she was just getting her TV legs.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm trying to find this.
Speaker 3: Something girl's name.
Speaker 1: How don't I forget I'm gonna tell you guys this, Melanie, mel Melanie. Here's what I say, Michelle.
Speaker 3: I'm super into the young girls on this show. I'm into their storylines, I'm into their performances. Even Sasha's dance at the end had me kind of into it, Like I watched the whole thing. I love that the young people on this I just have such a hard time, Like I even liked the storyline of like, it's her birthday. Oh, I don't even like that she drives that bug. It's over the top. It's just like, uh. That being said, I don't hate this episode at all. I liked it. I like the storyline. I like the movie. It's very Gilmory that movie theater in the car myself?
Speaker 1: Really quick? Is Melanie?
Speaker 3: Who's Melanie?
Speaker 1: Yah's who?
Speaker 3: The hex? Melanie is one of the girls the Little Girls? Oh got it? Like booze friend. Yeah, Danielle was kind of shook by what she's like, I don't understand what happened at the end when you got into the house and the dad's sitting there by himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't really understand that. Well, okay, so actually let's just backtrack really quick. We're watching season one, episode six, movie Truck.
Speaker 3: That's what it's called. Movie truck. Yeah, get me a movie truck.
Speaker 1: Michelle how visits to help her celebrate her birthday, but their festive plans gets sideline when Fanny takes off and leaves Michelle in charge of her dance.
Speaker 3: First of all, let's talk about that was Emily, just Emily, why do I do?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: Was Kelly Liss, like a little bit busy and only had time to do a couple of scenes. And what pool was that the resort she's at is literally like someone's.
Speaker 1: Backyard, No for sure, for sure, like it's.
Speaker 3: Really her pool. She's like, guys, just but if you want to send a camera in and shoot me at my house, that's literally what it looked like. I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 3: No, I was totally not mad at it, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I definitely in the middle, the whole middle of this, I got lost.
Speaker 3: Which part like we're going to the cupcake vendor, which was kind of a sprinkle sprinkle a thing that was real.
Speaker 1: Was great.
Speaker 3: It's you know, I even liked that they go shopping the town. First of all, I do have a problem with the town. Why because you're like strolling along like the main drag of Manhattan Beach or something. It just doesn't feel like it's We've talked about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a small quaint town.
Speaker 3: It's it's bustling and yeah whatever. But anyway, they go to Trulli's and it was a little funny for me how Sutton Foster was like, don't go in. Yeah, whatever, she goes and she loves all the weird you know, like the fashion's in the store, So why can't we put it on Sunn Foster? But whatever? I mean the bear coat? Was it a Teddy bear head blazer? Oh yeah, that was amazing. First of all, get some of that fashion on Sudden Faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't know anyway, I think we're struggling right now.
Speaker 3: I'm not struggling. I want to talk about I want to go to the movie truck. I love the Girls.
Speaker 1: I meant it struggling watching the series is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You're struggling more than me. Yeah, but I am struggling less. So what happens? We see Sunnen Foster, Melanie's coming for the birthday, there's nothing to do. Truly wants to come along. They decide to go. They were way too wasted. They go to Sparkles, way too drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although are very not drunk. I'm like they are dead acting drunk right, acting drunk, but.
Speaker 3: Truly spitting it back in was hysterical. The girl's storyline is good. Sasha's parents sleeping in the car. I worried about the top of that BMW Oh that gave me. I was like, you've just run the top of it.
Speaker 1: But we also we also, I mean we knew this already, but we knew Sasha's parents just do not care or are just very preoccupied.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did have to really sneak out and the alarm was on and it was very problematic.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess, but even like even she says at the end of it, Okay, it's time to go in, and she's like, it's no one's gonna notice, right, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know why sixteen year old wouldn't have been allowed to go to a movie. By the way, Yeah, in their small town in I can't think of any activity more suitable for these people. The carnival looked fun. And what do you think that I'm letting Truly come along?
Speaker 1: I'm I will say, outside of Fanny aka Kelly Bishop, truly is is my favorite character after Fanny, even before the Girls. Really, yeah, I do really like Truly.
Speaker 3: Fine, respectfully disagree, but totally like you like Kirk like it. She's Kirk Like, She's just got a bunch of jobs.
Speaker 1: She's the one reason why I laugh in this show. To be honest, nothing Michelle says, makes.
Speaker 3: Me a laugh. Happened do you have like remind refreshment memory of like, was was there? No, there was no Rose ab Do in this one either.
Speaker 1: I think yeah she was. She was definitely there. What were they doing?
Speaker 3: How do we work her in.
Speaker 1: In the beginning because the book Club at Fanny's is still happening without Fanny.
Speaker 3: That was amusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I loved watching.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry they were reading thirty Shades of Gray? No was it fifty Shades of Gray?
Speaker 1: But I don't know some other something.
Speaker 3: Thirty. I did watch all the movies, did you?
Speaker 1: I don't think I did?
Speaker 3: You did it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: It's funny. The show reminds me of Season seven of Gilmer Girls with the pop culture references, even though Toamy Sherman know, their little hashtag trying too hard or they're trying to be too current and contemporary, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, with the Sprinkles vendor, you know, No, the ATM is super twenty food stay.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah. Yeah, you can get like sushi in.
Speaker 1: Those although oh my god, I totally forgot. I wanted to mention this so badly and I'm gonna have to find out how to pull it up. But when Fanny is delivering the news to Michelle that she's not that she's gonna have to like take over the classes. Sure she was reading a ME weekly magazine.
Speaker 3: Was that supposed to be a sweekly or was there a maga an actual magazine called.
Speaker 1: Me I don't know, but I stopped on it, and I'm so mad that I didn't take a picture because I was like, what is on that? Who is on that? And it wasn't a celebrity that I could Jackie.
Speaker 3: Will you guys do us a solid and really zoom in on that thing and.
Speaker 1: Posted it on for everything, because I didn't know if it was one of those jokes where it's like a pa who's on the cover of the magazine.
Speaker 3: On gil Myrtle's they used real magazines, Yeah, real celebrities and real.
Speaker 1: I know what the copyright of it was, but it was definitely called ME Weekly. Okay, it's not a real magazine something.
Speaker 3: It's a fact check that if I thought it.
Speaker 1: Was just a pun of like US Weekly, I was like, that's clever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: My problem is, first of all, we're starting to really know where Paradise is. Yeah, it's definitely southern California, you know what I mean, Like, it's definitely in southern California because they mentioned oh Hi and then we did get a few.
Speaker 1: It's forty five minutes north.
Speaker 3: Of Carmel shout out in this too, which is a good solid couple hours.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so oh Hi is two hours away from us.
Speaker 3: On the coast, though it's inland a little bit, but it's still on the coast, so it basically goes like.
Speaker 1: But Carmel's like five hours.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So it was weird that they mentioned Carmel.
Speaker 1: In between Carmel and OHI, No, you'd.
Speaker 3: Go to Santa Maria. Did Los of Levos get a shout out?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, do.
Speaker 3: Los Alamos. I think Santa Maria, San Los Obispo. There's a lot of towns before Carmel, but what else. So I love the idea that it's a small, quirky town. That's why I think it bothers me so much when they're shopping, because I'm like, it's not quirky small or quirky or Gilmory or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to go to like the only grocery stores. It's like, oh, my god. It's like season seven of Gilmore Girls where they were Ralph.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we were like what is happening light.
Speaker 1: In the Ralfson studio city and no longer in stars Hollow do season market crazy? So then Talia arrives, Well, okay, first girl, they go to the Oyster Bar, let's talk about that really quick. And they try the same place at Rico Works aka yeah no no, no, no, no no no, yeah, it's a different place. It's a different place. It's really the Kutie Pie Works. That's Rico. That's Rico Sun.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's it's only one restaurant this time. Yeah, they try something gross.
Speaker 1: Well, they try that like mystery food, the fried food, and and one of the girls, Melanie, is eating it and she's like dry heaving.
Speaker 3: That was first of all, and over acting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, like is she choking? Is she choking? I'm like, can somebody else next to her?
Speaker 3: And then she's.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, it's so weird. It's been weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then Talia arrives.
Speaker 3: I like her.
Speaker 1: And before she arrives, Michelle goes in the studio and tries out the stripper pole.
Speaker 3: That was so uncomfortable because you know why that was another sort of fifty shades of great thing. It's because of the S factor. So this was the era, in my opinion, of Sheila Kelly and the S factor, which is still around. And I like she La Kelly a lot.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 3: You know who she is. She's Richard Schiff's wife, and we all did it like it was a big old trend right around this time. I remember like doing some TV bit and going to their house and but it was like, it's not landing, well, it's landing like hashtag trying to hardock.
Speaker 1: But Talia shows up and she brings the last check from.
Speaker 3: Oh Yeah, and then they're gonna go.
Speaker 1: They're gonna go spend it. And we see like.
Speaker 3: Sutton Foster going upside down on the poles we did.
Speaker 1: I would like to purge that from my memory, but we definitely saw her. We saw it.
Speaker 3: It's like, would you be cool seeing Lauren Graham upside down on a pole?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no. But we find out Michelle apparently has kiss George Clooney.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's right, yep.
Speaker 1: And then we go to Sasha's house, in which we kind of already talked about yeah, she's situation upstairs Sasha's mom.
Speaker 3: So I think them lad just to go to the ending. I think the mom has left. Yeah, I think that's why the dad is so just the frozen on the couch shook.
Speaker 1: But like, why that much?
Speaker 3: That's not all right? Why are we getting these people? Yeah? I don't know, like have the.
Speaker 1: Fight scene and whatever, and I just could have done sitting there just staring. I'm like, you know, when somebody walks through the door, like.
Speaker 3: Who'se boyfriend? What's the character's name? Whose boyfriend brings all the pink bags? It's not Boo, it's not Sasha. It's the other one, the one that ate the gross food.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, Melanie, is it Melanie's boyfriend? No, it's Ginny. Ginny Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: He's cute.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but yeah. They then they go to Michelle and.
Speaker 3: Air looked amazing. The movie looked amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love the whole thing. I loved them moving the seats. I thought that was very funny. That was very gilmoury and very funny. The guy her sitting next to the brother upsetting when the brother was like, write down this number, and then you realize it's another girl. You're just like, boo, get over this guy. Yeah, go for the guy at the bar.
Speaker 1: Yes, the hotty pants pants Barrow was sure to get stop with the brother. Such a loser. No, we're back at Sasha's house.
Speaker 3: I think we've covered it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still a good show. It is a good Okay, let's talk about Sasha's performance at the end, because it was a solid She's good a minute and a half.
Speaker 3: Now, that can dance.
Speaker 1: She's cool. Oh, no doubt about it. I watched the whole thing, and I watched the whole thing too. The whole time, I was like.
Speaker 3: What's that song? It was a song that we all know. Oh, it was like it's gonna be an earworm? What is it? I forget I know, but it was like I want to say, it was like I'm a man, but oh yeah, but.
Speaker 1: It's not that like something like that.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: I'll find that it's a song we all know. Oh, here we go are amazing producers, is Stanbull? Oh yeah, by they might be giants.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not like the Muffin Man. But yeah, it's kind of one of those Yeah, you don't watch where in the world is Carmen san Diego. It had to in the world is Karmen?
Speaker 1: So you genuinely liked that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, this girl's a great dancer. She is super cool. It was so less awkward than when Sutton Foster has to dance by herself.
Speaker 1: I would much rather watch Sasha dance any day. But I was very like can this end?
Speaker 3: It definitely was like why are we filling with this random?
Speaker 1: But also it just ended that way.
Speaker 3: I think it was just a minute short. The show was just like, you know, I'll give you like a little behind the scenes. There are times when we have to like hit a mark and sometimes we're like, can you say seven more words or like fill it with music? Fill it with music, Like you have to hit certain things. And I'm convinced that what it was. You are right, You're right, Yeah, I know because it was so obvious. But also I was like entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's cool that she is really cool.
Speaker 3: Right, she's the daughter from the affair and it is a good do.
Speaker 1: It's dark and good weird, and I'm here for it. Just you know, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, bunheads. Your heads is almost good. So here's my question for you. Problem should we just be watching Gilmore Girls, Like, like, are we wasting our time trying to like enjoy Gilmore Girls by watching? Butnheads, should we just be watching episodes of Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 1: Look, we're I mean, what was that episode seven?
Speaker 3: We're not giving up? No, no, no, I'm not suggesting we're giving up. I'm just saying for like, anyone who wants their Gilmore fix, No, I'm gonna keep it going. Oh, Danielle is not as much of a fan as me. Wait until I tell her we're watching Masil next note, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm kind of down to watch Mazel. I've everyone me. Same as Shits Creak. Everyone's like, watch shits Creak. I watched three episodes.
Speaker 3: Of it and off, yeah, shits Creaks.
Speaker 1: So it's like one of those that everyone says to watch down right.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing. And maybe we're just more relaxed because we're sitting in lounge chairs and normally we're like at our desks because I I'm not ready to stop talking yet. Poems on me.
Speaker 1: But if you guys like.
Speaker 3: What we're doing here, we hope you do. The three of you listening, we totally appreciate it. I want to do Masel, so please stick with us, because I think we could enjoy doing Mazel together.
Speaker 1: I want to watch Mazel, so I'm down. Is it thirty or an hour? How many? How long?
Speaker 3: Hour? Can't it? Is this? Thirty? This?
Speaker 1: No? This one's only an hour? But I like the thirties.
Speaker 3: I know, well, I know, but thirties are great. Well thirties crank like yeah, I could do but an hour and it's fine. Uh So I hope you'll keep listening. I don't remember how we're supposed to end this, end it. I'm not ready to go yet.
Speaker 1: You're very much avoiding the life you have the rest of.
Speaker 3: This, I know, because we have to work just to stand.
Speaker 1: Right now, Like back hurts. I know. This is very comfortable and very therapeutic.
Speaker 3: Is like our talks instead of emailing us or what do they do? They know? They instagram us. I don't know how you stand and they signed your sidebars. But like if you're on a walk and you just want two friends with you, we're.
Speaker 1: Here, Yeah, we're here, we're here for you.
Speaker 3: Let us know, join us anyway. We do have good food to eat. I don't have a toothbrush because I need to get that garlic out. But so what do we give episode? I give it, I get it someton bless her heart. Look, we like Sutton Foster, I love her and younger, but something's not it's what Look, maybe it's why Bunheads only went one season. She just hadn't found her TV legs. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna give.
Speaker 3: It a seven.
Speaker 1: Legs are still there though, because Tara and I watched the broad show.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give it a seven. Okay, it's not an eight, it's a seven.
Speaker 1: Seven. What do we do that on this I think we do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We did? We do?
Speaker 1: We do seven movie trucks. Okay, I'm gonna give it, Okay, six and a half. George Clooney's good, Yeah, why not? Why not?
Speaker 3: Do I hear Amy Grant singing, Yes we we.
Speaker 1: Amy and I are avoiding an event that we both have to work right now, selling.
Speaker 3: Better than we're jamming Amy Grant tunes at this event we have right now. We hit in the bedroom of a rental house and I don't want to leave it.
Speaker 1: But we must go. So butt Heads out.
Speaker 2: Everybody, don't forget follow us on Instagram at i Am all In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: H