Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to another episode of Snake's Territory, part of the Foul Territory Network. Be sure to like this video, subscribe to our YouTube channel, maybe leave us a five star review wherever you get your podcast. I am Jesse Friedman alongside Jack Summers and Jack. The trade deadline is now less than twenty four hours away. I think it's about nineteen hours fifty nine minutes, give or take, as we get This show started on Sunday evening. Nothing has happened as of yet for the Diamondbacks, Jack, and Frankly around the league, not a whole lot has happened either. It feels like it's going to be a really busy rush to the finish line.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, actions definitely started picking up today. I actually had somebody text me, I don't know if this is true, said fun fact, only Reds, Marlins and d Becks have yet to make a move. Is that true? It could be.
Speaker 3: I don't mean moves and a few big ones that came through tonight, obviously after the Trek School deal.
Speaker 2: So I'm starting Pitcher moves.
Speaker 1: Padres haven't done anything yet, right, I think there's I think there's other teams on that list as well, but yeah, the Diamondbacks are certainly one of them. And granted this is it's really hard to predict when these moves are going to happen. Like, just because the Diamondbacks haven't done anything now, I don't think at all means that this is going to be a disappointing trade deadline for them. At the same time, we have seen a few names that we've talked about on the show come off the board, and I guess we'll start our conversation there. Earlier today, the New York Yankees acquired Luis Garcia Junior from the Washington Nationals in exchange for four pitching prospects. Garcia, of course, a really good left handed hitter, place first base roster wise, made a whole lot of sense for the Diamondbacks. There was reporting that said the Diamondbacks were interested. It's not like they didn't have any interest at all in pulling this off. But ultimately, I guess the Nationals chose the Yankees pitching prospects over the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, they got four pitchers. One of them was Bird He's thirty years old. But I think that at this point, you know, the Dbacks pitching development isn't held in high regard in the industry. That's a fairly universal thought.
Speaker 3: So it's not surprising that an organization like the Yankees, who just keep churning out some pretty good pitchers their prospects would be held in higher esteem by a team like the Nationals. You know, I think that the price tag for Garcia because of the year of control in twenty twenty seven, if they play that year and if the you know where his free agency lands.
Speaker 2: Is he going to be a free agent in twenty eight.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about all that a little later, but I think that that year of control probably would have made the.
Speaker 2: Price tag quite stiff for the Diamondbacks. You know, what little pitching they have at the top end of their organization probably would have had to cough up for him. So that's my guest there, but hard to say. You know, we don't even know if they ever help deep they got into the conversation. Bottom line, he's off the board.
Speaker 1: We've seen some starting pitchers go off the board as well. Tyler Mallley just going to the Atlanta Braves here. In the last hour or so, we saw Kevin Gosman go to the Chicago Cubs earlier today as well, Freddie Peralta goes to the Tampa Bay Rays. I don't think this means the d Backs are not going to get a starting pitcher. Jack. In fact, I still I still do kind of think that's going to happen. There's still a number of starting pitchers on the market, including rental starters. Brady Singer of the Reds is still out there, Foster Griffin of the Nats, Robbie Ray of the Giants, Shane Bieber with the Blue Jays, Dustin May of the Cardinals is still out there. And a name that is particularly interesting from the Diamondbacks perspective is Casey Mice of the Detroit Tigers, a name that they've been linked to in the past couple of days. Gambo came out on his radio show the other day and said this. He said, keep your eye on Casey Mice. I think that's a player that they like. Speaking of the Diamondbacks, keep your eye on Casey Mize. And we've been around the Arizona sports scene long enough Jack to know that when Gambo says something like that, it probably means that the Diamondbacks are you making some sort of progress. Or at least that's a name that they feel like they have a legitimate shot of landing by three pm tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Gambo would make that up right, you know, obviously somebody dropped that name to him, whether or not that's actually who they are willing to go all in for or whether they're going to have the package. So he's not saying that they're definitely going to get them, but he's saying, keep an eye on this guy. It's clearly a name that they have interested in. And we know all so of course that the Dbacks scouted Clay Holmes, so you know, those are the two guys that I'm mostly paying attention to. You know, they both kind of fit in financially. We've talked about before with Robbie Ray. I mean, even if you're just taking on thirty percent of his payroll, of his salary, that's going to eat up basically all of the available payroll that you can absorb before you go over the luxury tax, which the Diamondbacks are adamant they will not do. So I don't really think Robbie Ray is a realistic option there to consider, unless the Giants were to eat a portion of that, and again, if you're gonna get the Giants to eat a portion of that, what do you have to give up in terms of prospects to a division rival. So I just don't think the match is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like, especially with the luxury tax situation, the Diamondbacks, they're right, they're not going to take on more than about sixty seven million dollars for the remainder of the season. It is prorated, So you're talking about just what is on the books for the remainder of the year for these guys. We only have about a third of the season to go. But if a team like the Giants were to cover a couple million dollars of Robbie Ray's salary, that doesn't help the Diamondbacks from a luxury tax perspective. So it is important to keep that in mind. Probably going to make it difficult for the d Backs to acquire anyone here in the next nineteen hours and fifty three minutes that is making, you know, any kind of meaningful money. It's just going to be tricky to pull that off. With regard to Clay Holmes, I found this tweet from earlier today. This is from Joel Sherman. He said, Clay Holmes in his rehab start at High A, Brooklyn, which I believe happened today, five and a third inning, seven hits, three runs to earned, no walks, three strikeouts, seventy three pitches. Word from the stadium was his main pitch. Sinker was good at ninety one miles per hour topped at ninety three. Secondary stuff if you're looked like a healthy pitcher. Of course, Holmes working his way back from that fibula injury. And we also did hear that the Diamondbacks are one of the teams that had had a scout in attendance for this rehab outing. So Clay Holmes jack is one of the more desirable starters, one of the more desirable rentals remaining on the market. And it sounds like the interest is very much still there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think when we talked about him before, one of the things that we liked about him was that there is some I guess flexibility there, you know, I mean, he spent most of his career as a reliever. You know, on the off chance that the Diamondbacks got all their starters back healthy and pitching well and they needed more help in the bullpen. Maybe he could be an option there as well. So I like that flexibility or swing man, especially when you get to the postseason where you know you may want to have a guy like you may have who knows they may get to the postseason and have too many starters. I mean, that's not out of the realm of possibility. So we'll see where they go with this. But you know, Clay Holmes and Myes, of course, of the two most attractive options. We'll see if they get them. Just responding to a question here in the chat about ktel Marte, He's never done any work at first base that I've ever seen. And if you think that Luisa Rise is going to be resistant to moving off second base, boy have I got news for you about how coateel Marte might feel about that. He doesn't mind dhing to get off his feet, but katel Marte is the second basement and he's not going to move over to first base this year. For Luisa Rise, that's just.
Speaker 1: Not going to happen now, especially given that Luisa Rise does have experience at first base. I don't think you like the idea in general of trying to teach a guy a new position with two months to go in the season. So if the Dbacs were to acquire Luisa Rise, I think it would totally be a Rise playing first base for the most part, filling in for Katel at second occasionally if Katl is dhing or whatnot. But I don't I don't know if the Diamondbacks are going to get Luis Rays. Seems like there's the market there, certainly seems like a lot of a lot of interest around the league. Not a whole lot of bats are available. I do want to circle back to Casey Myz here because of the Gambo tweet, the fact we know the Diamondbacks have real interest here. I thought this tweet was interesting from Nick Pollock at pitcher List on Twitter. Casey Myce was scratched from his from his scheduled start believe that was either Friday or or yesterday, and Nick made an interesting point here he said, here's the real reason Casey Miz is in pitching tonight. Casey Miz sat ninety four point one miles per hour with his slowest four seamer, hitting ninety three point three two starts ago. He sat ninety one point nine in his most recent outing and fell to under ninety miles an hour in every inning of his most recent outing. Now some context, Miz dealt with some cramping in his start before this most recent one, so there is a bit of a story here, and maybe that explains why his velocity was down in his first game back from that. Maybe he was being a little bit careful there. But you don't necessarily love seeing a guy's VLO tick down a couple miles per hour right before you acquire him via trade.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, you just have to hope that that cramping issue I'm cramping where in his forum, yeah, or with it in his legs or did he have a tummy egg? I mean, I don't know what that cramping was. I didn't I didn't research that, so that would be useful information to have. I think that, you know, if the Dbacks were serious about it, they would have been in tune with that. They would have asked the team about it. Their scouts would know it, you know. So I don't think that they would consider that too big of a problem. Our good friend Jeff says spending a lot of energy on rental starters. However, I still think this team's biggest need is a left handed Slugger, don't disagree. We just touched on Garcia. I mean, he was on the list of players that not rentals. But we've talked about him before. We've talked forever about Nathaniel Lowe. He's still out there. His WRC plus is up to like one hundred and twenty now, by the way, so you know, I'd still like to see them drill in on him. I mean, I can only imagine that the d Backs would have already reached out there and they don't match up, or the Reds aren't ready to sell. They won again today, so you know, we're not really sure. There was a report that they have three hitters that they're willing to trade. One of would seem that, you know, between him and JJ Blade and Spencer Steer, So I think it's got to be low that they're gonna trade. I think that if the Dbacks matched up with the Reds and the Reds were ready to move him, he had already be a Dback. That's what I think. I think that they got rebuffed. You know, Mike said something really important the other day. He said, when you have the players that you're selling, you determined that time of the trade, when you don't have the players and you're trying to pursue them. The other team determines the time of the trade, and I think that there's just a really difficult reality that, you know, some of the trades that they may want to make, they either don't have the prospect capital or they don't have the budget room. With their self imposed staying under the luxury text goal, they only got six or seven million dollars to spend, and maybe some of the other team's prospects are deemed to be better prospects. It may not be easy to get the guys that they're going for, you know, and at a certain point, like you know, do you have the appetite to really up your offer to the point where it may not be worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, certainly when it comes to bats, it feels like they're just or not all that many available. We saw Lane Thomas go in a trade to the Atlanta Braves. He's now off the market. Luisa Rise, we were just discussing just to frame this conversation for us. I do want to bring in this clip here from Nick Bikoro's story at the Aarzon Our Republic a couple of days ago. And he has a quote in here from Mike Hazen where Hazen is talking about the Diamondbacks top two priorities at the trade deadline, those being a starting pitcher and a hitter, likely a left handed one. These are Hazen's words, They're one and one A. Those are things we're focused on. Nick continues here he did not rule out the idea of adding a reliever as well, whether it be a high leverage arm or another lefty to pair with Brandon Garcia. So I think if you're looking for the d Backs to check all three of these boxes, starting pitcher, a left handed hitter, and bullpen arm, I'm not sure you're gonna get that. It seems like it would be tricky to pull that off. But starting pitching and finding that left handed bat, those seem to be the two top priorities, and it's hard to distinguish whether, you know, I don't think the dbacs are viewing one of those as a must and the other one is just kind of an optional. It seems like those are kind of in the same camp right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I joked about it. I mean, the day of the week or whatever game they just happen to complete or whatever series they happen to complete, that will tell us what their priority is. Right So, you know, for the longest time, the number one priority was get a bat, and then the offense really started scoring a lot of runs until today. You know then, oh, well, Mitch Bratt and you know Cole Drake had a couple of bad outings. Oh we need a starter right away. That's got to be number one. Then Paul Sewald and Ryan Thompson implode. Oh man, we got to shore up the bullpen. Quite frankly, it really is all of the above. I mean, they need a good starter, they need at least one good reliever, and they need a left handed bat. Those are the team weaknesses. Those are the areas that they need to improve to plug the holes in this roster. And we can see very easily that it's not gonna happen. I mean, they're not going to get all three.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe they could, I don't know, uh maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean all three to a level that we think it's gonna really plug the hole. I'm not saying they won't get a left handed better or a reliever or a starter, but I don't think they're gonna get difference makers at all three of those slots.
Speaker 1: They're not going to get mis Nathaniel Lowe and.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know Brooks Rally or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Luke Weaver or something like that. Yeah, I mean, I think I think that's fair. That would feel a little bit unrealistic at this point. One other name I want to throw into the mix here on the starting pitching front, to name that we haven't discussed yet is Dustin May of the Saint Louis Cardinals. He's a rental starting pitcher who is expected to get dealt. The Cardinals have dropped out of the race enough that I think trading their rentals certainly makes sense for them. May is going to make twelve point five million dollars for this season as a whole, means about four million or so the rest of the way, within range for the Diamondbacks on the higher end, but still still within range where they could stay under the luxury tax and acquire him. He's an interesting He's an interesting arm. His numbers for the season don't necessarily jump off the page. His ra does start with with a four. Certainly not in the same category as Clay Holmes or as Clay Holmes or Casey miz in that regard, but a four point three eight ERA for the season and pretty decent underlying numbers. He has a three point one four FIP, one hundred and six strikeouts compared to thirty five walks, and he throws ninety seven miles an hour. That's his average four seam fastball. Certainly that would bring a different look to this Diamondbacks rotation. They don't really have anyone like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Dustin May is a tough one for me. I don't really trust him. He's a five and dive guy. You know, he very seldom goes more than five whatever. You know, I don't think he goes even six innings very often, little in seven or eight. And you know, I don't trust his health. He's very injury prone. So, I mean, he's always had that tantalizing stuff. He's another guy like I think, you know, if they would just get off to snide and convert this guy to a reliever, I think he would just be just like a lights out postseason dude, you know, So I don't know. I Mean the other thing too, is we hadn't really looked very closely at almost anybody on the Cardinals roster because as until July twenty fourth, when the Dbacks had the trapes back there, they were still very much right in the race. Maybe they've kind of leaked over towards sales side.
Speaker 1: It appears that they have. It appears that that Dustin May is pretty likely to get moved. The guys who have some control left harder to say, I guess sticking with the Cardinals. Lars Newtbar is another name that certainly could make sense for the Diamondbacks. Not quite as ideal of a roster fit, because he is an outfielder instead of a first baseman, but you know, you could use the you could use the DH slot. You could move some guys around and make that work. The other name that stands out who is a first baseman is Alec Burlison, who I think would be a fantastic fit for the Diamondbacks. Left handed hitter just destroys right handed pitching, pretty similar to a Luis Garcia junior. The tricky thing with Burlison is he has two more years of control, so the price tag is going to be higher, and I'm not sure the Cardinals really want to go down that road at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I know I sound like a broken record. I'm just so hesitant to give up the prospect cost that it's going to take for control guys because I just don't have a lot of confidence that you're going to actually get all of that control because of the looming lockout and time and games lost in twenty twenty seven. So that that just I'm not able to square that one because I just don't believe that any player the players Union is going to agree to forego a year of service time and let everybody's uh free agency get pushed out a year. I mean, they really think of the repercussion of that. So they're just going to all of a sudden agree, Okay, everyone's going to go move out one year. All those pre free agency guys the players wanted to move any other direction. They're trying to negotiate a shortening of the time to free agency. So you know, I just see, I just see that the control guys, as much as you want them, and as much as the organ the dbacks organization insists that they're not worried about that. You know, I call a BS on that. Sorry, they're talking about it. They have to be. They can't not be talking about that internally, they just can't say anything about it publicly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair. Certainly, if the Diamondbacks were concerned about a lockout and a workstopage and whatnot, like, that's not something that the Dare Call or anyone in the organization is going to come out on a local radio program and you know, speak openly about Certainly, you wouldn't you wouldn't expect that. We have a whole lot more to get to in this episode. We're going to talk about the Trek Scoogle trade that yes, it did happen. He's a Dodger, big surprise. We will we will talk about that and the ramifications of that. We'll talk about the Guardians series as well. Diamondbacks get a series win even though this Sunday game was not great and there was a weird benches clearing incident that we'll get into as well. And we've got a whole lot more trade stuff to talk about as well, So don't go anywhere. We'll be back right after this. Note from foul Territory, which you should be watching tomorrow.
Speaker 4: There is one place to be on trade deadline day watching foul Territory of course A J. Perdinski, Eric Kratz, and Scott Brown will be live all afternoon speaking with insiders, reading tea leaves, and reacting to unfolding deadline drama. Join us on the FTU Tube channel at one pm ET and stay locked in through the six pm deadline next Monday. Foul Territory Network, It's baseball the way it should be covered.
Speaker 1: We are back here on Snake's Territory. We really appreciate all of you being here with us. If you haven't already, be sure to drop alike on this video, subscribe to our channel if you haven't, hit the be icon for notifications while you're at it so that you never miss an episode of the show. And if you're joining us on an audio only platform, also really helps us out if you would leave us a five star review. So thank you to all of you for being here with us, for doing all those things. We really appreciate it. And we have a super chat. We'll go ahead and dive into ten dollars from our pal the ur gyros speed us. We really appreciate it. They say, what is the ideal news to wake up to tomorrow? As a Dbacks fan? Love the show? Thanks guys, we appreciate it as always. Jack, what do you think, what do you think would be the ideal news to wake up to on Monday morning?
Speaker 2: Well, if we're waking up to it on Monday morning, that means it probably happened very late tonight after we all go to bed. So you know, I would say I would like to see them still shore up the pitching. I believe that that's got to be the number one priority. Yes, they need a bat, but if they can only do one, if we have a Sophie's choice, then they've got to shore up the pitching. I mean, Corbyn Carrol and Heraldo Podomo and kateel Marte haven't hit anywhere near their projections or their potential this year, and so you just have to hope that those guys come around because the rest of the team is kind of doing their job, and it's those three guys underperforming what they're expected to do by so much that that's what causes the inconsistency in the offense. So, you know, there's still two months to go, there's no reason to think that there it's impossible for any of you know, at least two of those three guys to kind of get it going. So I think that the offense has a greater chance to take care of itself. But the pitching, the bullpen's getting frayed, they're getting tired, we've got injuries. In a rotation, I think the I think the rotation has to be the number one. If you can only do one, that's I want to see rotation in bullpen. I want to see a starter and a reliever. And I say only one. I mean, sure up the pitching.
Speaker 1: I think. Just to add more specifics to that, I mean, I think if you wake up tomorrow and Casey Mice is an Arizona Diamondback, I mean that would be pretty compelling, like Casey miz Frankly, when we started our trade trade deadline discussions, I wasn't really thinking much about Casey Mice because number one, I didn't really think the Tigers were going to trade him, and they still might not. Well see, but number two, he's been really good this season, and you figure that the price tag there is not going to be is not going to be very nice with all of these teams that are still in the market for starting pitching this season, in sixteen starts, eighty six and two thirds innings. Mayes has a two point seven zero ERA, a two point five eight FIP. His whip is zero point nine to nine eighty five strikeouts to just nineteen walks. I mean, this isn't just a boost for your rotation. This is maybe the best starting pitcher that Diamondbacks would have. I mean, I know Erod has been awesome this year, and he would be in that conversation as well, but Erod's underlying numbers are not don't compare to where Casey Mizes are right now. I mean, it looks like this could be sustainable for him, and if you're a Diamondbacks fanit it's hard to imagine anything better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And look, I mean the other piece here too is I am here. We know that Justin Martinez is coming back sometime in August, maybe a little slower than we were hoping, but I'm not sure about that, we're all. I'm also hearing that it seems to really be leaning towards Ryan Nelson if he comes back in September, is coming back as a reliever, so they have reinforcements that way as well in the bullpen. So I mean, clearly a starter like Myz is going to have a greater impact than any reliever. One thing I wanted to just kind of add in here, Guys, I time after time, like whether it's a trade deadline or whether it's during the off season, where it's looked like or felt like the moves are happening too slow, and why aren't they doing anything? And you know what's Mike hasen doing is even working. I can tell you this without question that they are working their tails off. They are working the phones, they are doing everything they possibly can. They're not just sitting back sip and tee, you know, hoping that a good deal falls in your lap. These guys are busting it. They're not sleeping. They're doing everything they can. But as Mike said, he doesn't get to control when the words yes get spoken because he doesn't control the players, so he can't control the timing. The other thing is is we've seen for example, in twenty nineteen, I was in the Yankee Stadium and covering the team and the Jazz chishom Zach Gallendale went down and we even had a you know, like I don't know it was early in the afternoon or just as game was starting. We spoke to Mike on the conference call, and then I'm sitting there writing my story about what's going on with that trade, and fifteen minutes before the deadline, just after Zach Gallon Zach Grinky had finished his outing boom, he was traded with less and fifteen minutes to go before the trade deadline. So I'm not gonna criticize anything that they're doing or not doing until the trade deadline has come and gone. You have to wait and see all of it.
Speaker 1: I think the Granky trade is a good one to bring up here, because that was a deal that, if memory serves, Jacket came together because the Astros were willing to add in a piece that they weren't before, and the Diamondbacks had basically said, I want to say it was Josh Rojas. I need to double check that, but I'm pretty sure the story there was that the Astros were unwilling to give up Josh Rojas in that trade, and then in the final minutes leading up to the deadline, they were like, all right, here it is, and that's why the deal got over the finish line. I think that sort of thing happens a lot, especially with a deadline, like with an actual time where you like if you don't get the deal done before then it cannot happen. That just naturally causes teams to be willing to push the chips in in a way that maybe they're not going to do a day or two out. So even going back to Nathaniel Low, like, maybe it is that the Diamondbacks and Reds aren't matching up there. Maybe it's that the Reds have set a certain price and the Diamondbacks as of right now are saying we don't want to do that. They're still looking around. But that doesn't mean that in you know, twenty thirty minutes leading up to the deadline, Mike Kasen doesn't just turn around and say, okay, you know what we are willing to do that we didn't find anything else better on the market. So I really wouldn't worry too much about the timing of these things. It's just a matter of the Diamondbacks getting what they need to between now and three pm tomorrow. And that's a starting pitcher, it's a left handed bat, and the icing on the cake if they could do it would be to at a reliever as well.
Speaker 2: Right by the way, when looking at relievers, I mean the one thing that I talked about in an article I wrote over on SI was they need a left handed reliever because they need to free up Randon Garcia to work the ninth inning as often as possible, right, And if you get a good left handed reliever, then that kind of frees up a lane and Tory doesn't have to worry about the matchups so much because I think, you know, Isaaca is fine, wa Mario is fine. But I think right now, at this point in time, everyone almost in this chat and on this podcast would agree that they trust Brandon Garcia more than the other reliever in empule Pen.
Speaker 1: Ddly enough, well, it's not gonna be aj Minter. The Twins got aj Minter from the Mets. That news came out last night. But there are still some left handed relievers out there. I know Brooks Raley of the Mets is one that you've talked about. Jojo Romero of the Cardinals probably gonna get Dealt as well, So there are still some options in that regard. I guess the starting pitching discussion, like what it ultimately comes back to, the reason we think the Dbacks need a starter is because they have Mitch Bratt and Cold Drake and their rotation as of right now, and that leads us Jack into a conversation about this weekend series against the Cleveland Guardians. Ironically, the Diamondbacks won the two games with Mitch Bratt and Cold Drake starting, and then they did not win the game with Merrill Kelly on the mound. I guess to start this off, I'm curious, do you think the Diamondbacks need for a starting pitcher, Like, did it increase or decrease in your mind over the weekend or did it stay about the same. We had talked about how big of a kind of litmus test this was for Drake and for Bratt going in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it gave him some breathing room. Obviously, if both of them got blown up and pitched horrible games, then I think that would increase the sense of urgency. But it gave them just a little bit of breathing room to maybe get through this next period of time and allowed Hazen to kind of keep a cool head about it and not you know, push push all the chips in too early, because these guys aren't able to you know, compete at the major league level. They obviously they can compete by the way the Diamondbacks are three and two and Mitch Bratt starts in two and one and Cole Drake starts, so they're five and three. When those two guys start, they're zero and four and Jose Cavera starts. So take that for what you will. Obviously that has to do also with bullpen work and run support and all those good things. That's not just what they've done. They're only going four or five innings. But the fact is is that they were pretty good this weekend. Good enough I should say, you know, I don't want to stretch it too far. I would just say good enough this weekend to put the team in a position to win. They didn't give up the runs. They competed, They stayed in, stayed in the innings, you know, and didn't give up the big crooked numbers like Merrill did today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Unfortunately, Merrill Kelly not great in the series finale. Five innings, eight hits, five runs, four walks, five strikeouts. He sort of pitched out of trouble a little bit and the third inning managed to escape a jam there, only giving up two runs. But then the fifth inning was ugly for him, started with a four pitch walk to Stephen Kwan and just kind of spiraled out of control from there. Merrill threw just thirty six percent of his pitches in the zone in that Sunday game. And that's just the number I keep going back to over and over again. With Merrill Kelly. It just has to be higher. I mean, thirty six percent is extremely low. I know, he was really trying to work off of his off speed stuff in the game. It seemed like he didn't want to give in and throw fastballs. But you just got to hit the zone more often than that, and you know, four walks like this version of Mary Kelly just isn't isn't going to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that fifth inning, I mean, let's just call it what it was. It sucked because you know, there was coming down hard the rain. He was having a hard time gripping the ball. You saw some of the you know, pitches that he threw just like kind of flying out of his hand armside and you know, going up over over the umpire's shoulder and to the backstop. There were a couple of those. You know, just the conditions really got him at that point. She made it really difficult, and you know, I just hope nobody got hurt throwing the ball in those conditions at this point. I mean the other thing too, is, look, Gavin Williams had no hit stuff, you know, was perfect through five, and you know they weren't going to really touch him today. I mean that's just the way that was. Yes, they put a few base runners on finally against him in the sixth inning, but you know, Gavin Williams is really, really, really good, and he was at the top of his game. He's a picture in the middle of a hot streak. He was at the top of his game. They weren't going to touch him at all today. I mean, really, they didn't need any more runs after the first.
Speaker 1: Two, that is true, but they did try to get a base hit against Gavin Williams. Jack and Tim Tawa was willing to do whatever it took to make it happen. Twa in an one count to start the sixth inning, after Gavin Williams had thrown five perfect innings, Tala attempts to lay down a bunch. It was not successful, it went foul, but it was just the attempt that got a noticeable reaction from Patrick Bailey behind home played Brian Rochio as well the Guardian short stop. They were not happy about it, this whole unwritten rule situation. If a guy's throwing a no hitter a perfect game, you don't try to break it up with a bunt. I personally think that's dumb and Diamondbacks and any team should be free to do whatever they want in that situation. I mean, we see bunts used often as a way to jump start the offense, and I don't think this is a gimmicky like, oh, Tim Tawa is just trying to break up the perfect game. He's not trying to win. I think he was trying to like do what was best for the Diamondbacks there. And Tory Lavello talked about this after the game. His view was like, over the first six innings, you can do whatever you want. Anything is on the table in a no hit or perfect game situation. Tory did acknowledge, like the last few innings of a game, maybe it wouldn't be cool to do that sort of thing, But I think it's all dumb Jack. I think the fact that we saw the benches clear when the rain delay started, I thought that was dumb. And I don't know these unwritten rules of baseball. Sometimes they're just a head scratcher for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who said what to who, but Steven Vote said that it wasn't the fact that he tried to bunt that got him upset, it was something that was being said into his dugout. So I don't know who said what into his dugout, but it sound looked like to me they were probably pushing back on all the chirpin and yelling at Tim Tower that he was getting. So I think that, you know, look, some of their players reacted or overreacted, as you mentioned Patrick Belly Rokio. They overreacted to that situation, I think, and there were guys chirping at Tim Tower, and I think that ultimately what happened there was that people started chirping back at the Guardians dugout, and that's what got you know, something was said into the Guardians dugout that bothered Stephen Vote, and that's why that's what he came out to address. So later when him and Tory met at home Plate, you know, they had a conversation. Tory joked that Tim Hill of MLB has mentored him to not escalate things, and that's what Tory went out to do was to de escalate, and him and Vote did exactly that and had their conversation that third base coach Odor I don't know what his deal was. He was like hopping around. He was not acting like a coach. He was acting like a hot headed player, and I don't know what his deal was. I'd love to have heard a quote from or about him and what he was doing, but I haven't seen anything on that.
Speaker 1: Of course, Tim Tawa wound up singling anyway, and it wasn't on a bunt. It was just on a line drive to right field, So the whole thing a little anti climactic. When all was said and done, Diamondbacks lose the game five to nothing. They managed just two hits throughout the game. But all in all, Dbachs finished this ten game road trip, this monster of a ten game road trip, six and four. They still won the series against the Guardians, taking two out of three there. And as you said, Gavin Williams is just an awesome pitcher. I think he entered with forty five strikeout in his last four starts, which is outrageous. He was averaging like eleven strikeouts per start over his past few outings, So you know, this is just one of those situations where you kind of get got by one of the best starters in baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think he only walked a couple of guys in those four starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's unreal.
Speaker 2: Hey, six and four road trip, you won the series. You got out of there with that horrible rain delay and poor field conditions. You know, it looks like everyone's fine, nobody got hurt. You come back home, you know, and you got to get ready for a tough series, four game series against the Padres. And we'll have to see who's pitching in that series for the Padres.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tried. That's actually kind of funny you say that. I tried pulling from Ross to resource the starting pitchers for that series, and it lists Harmon Marquez twice. They have Harmon Marquez is the opener for Tuesday's game and then is the starter for Wednesday's game. So we all we really know is that Michael King is starting on Monday, and then after that it's sort of anybody's guests. Maybe we see a pitcher that the Padres acquire before the trade deadline. On the diamondback side, it lines up to be Brandon fought on Monday, Eduardo Rodriguez Tuesday, and then Mitch Bratt and Cole Drake starting the final two games of that series. As far as the standings go, the Padres have certainly been on a nice run here. San Diego enters fifty eight and fifty four. They have won eight of their last nine games. They just finished a series win against the San Francisco Giants, they took three out of four there, and the Miami Marlins have also kind of bounced back here. They have won six out of seven games since snapping their twelve game losing streak. So the Marlins are a game and a half out right now. The Padres are just one game out entering the series Pirates, Cardinals, Nationals. All of those teams have struggled recently. Pirates now three and a half out, Cardinals four, Nationals four and a half games out, and the Diamondbacks and Phillies are tied as of right now at fifty nine and fifty three, both those teams in the playoff picture as of now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I mean, it's just kind of funny how the Marlins just don't go away, right, And I don't really know what's going to happen there with you know, players, am I trade? I was also thinking about the Nationals. I mean, like they were not that far out of it, right, They're pretty close, and all of a sudden they trade Mead and now they trade Garcia, and I wonder what's going on in that clubhouse, because, like, you know, the pictures they brought in aren't like going to plug in and help drive them to the postseason, right. I mean, you know they got early, but he's still on the injured list, I believe, and you know, they brought in some believers and minor league pitching prospect and I kind of think, like the guys in the clubhouse there must be like, wait a minute, we fought our asses off to get close here, and we're in this race. Why didn't you go out and get a picture for us. Instead you took away like forty home runs off our offense. So I just so it's a random thought I had about that when I look at the standings and thinking about what they must be thinking in the clubhouse in Washington.
Speaker 1: It's not the move that Mike hasn would have made. I feel pretty confident saying that Mike Hasn has developed a reputation at this point. He's one of the more aggressive general managers in the sport. And with the Diamondbacks and the position that they're in, you figure there's there's got to be at least one move coming for the Dbacks here in the next to nineteen hours and nineteen minutes or so. Diamondbacks, though, Yeah, successful road trip, certainly hard to be upset there about a six and four record. What people might be upset about, though, is the fact that the Los Angeles Dodgers just tweeted this about an hour ago, and it says Terrek has arrived, and it is a picture of Tarrek's scouble wearing a Dodgers hoodie, and this is now a thing. Trek Scoobel is a member of the Los Angeles Dodgers. The package to acquire him was I'm not gonna say it was light, but it was maybe lighter than what the industry expected. The deal was for three players outfield prospects, your hope, right handed pitcher River Ryan, and then right handed pitcher Brady Smith. So your Hope is one of the better outfield prospects in baseball, but he's also one of like four hundred outfield prospects that the Dodgers have, and it feels like that loss. I don't want to say it's irrelevant to them, but certainly not something that they're going to be losing sleepover with Tarrek Scoobel in their rotation. Now, the other big piece there was River Ryan, right handed pitcher, who made four starts two years ago that were good in the majors. Those are the only four starts he's made at the big league level. He struggled with injuries. He somehow is still ranked pretty highly on prospect lists even though he is twenty seven years old and is only like a couple of years younger than Derek Skougel himself.
Speaker 2: How is the twenty seven year old still in a prospect list. I don't get it. I mean, my old way of thinking was you're older in twenty five year off the list.
Speaker 1: It feels people are, of course hypothesizing that if River Ryan played for any team but the Dodgers, he would not be on these prospect lists. I don't know if I fully buy into that, but I think there may be there's something there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look, you know the question here, we don't know did the Tigers want somebody else and the Dodgers told them to pound sand Or were those the guys that the Tigers really wanted. I mean, you know, we were not inside their heads. Maybe they just love Zaier Hope and they see, you know, a future multi All star in him. I mean, there's always that potential element. You can't always just go buy these prospect rankings when we're looking at these things. That being said, you know, the industry consenses is that the package is a little bit light. But it's not. It's not so much the package, it's just the fact that that's sticking in everybody's craw And it's kind of a little funny to me. My good friend and coworker, Alex Stagostino. I mean, you know, we've known and talked about this over and over again. Trek School is going to be a Dodger. There is like no question that he was going to be a Dodger. And it's just the visceral reaction to it actually happening and how this is now suddenly the trigger point that's going to cause the lockout. I got to be honest, I find it a little bit of musing. Yes, there's going to be a lockout one hundred percent going to be a lockout. It's not happening because Trek school is going to the Dodgers. It sucks that Trek Schools going to the Dodgers, sucks for us, sucks for the rest of the National League, But that's not the reason is going to be a lockout. So you know, I think that it's it's a good chance for us to kind of step back and let's like really discuss what's going on here. So Jesse and I are going to kind of hash this out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think to reiterate your point, like there was already a one hundred percent chance of there being a lockout at the end like in December, right, I mean we already knew that. Could this have an impact on like how many games are missed potentially next season? I guess you could make that case. I don't really think it does. As you said, we already kind of thought that Trek Scoople was going to the Dodgers, and so this is just you know, the manifestation of that, as painful as it as it could still be. But yeah, when it comes to the larger conversation here, Jack, of course, people are are looking at the Dodgers and the fact that if you include their luxury tax bill, I think they're going to spend six hundred and ten million dollars on this roster this season compared to I mean, heck, the Diamondbacks are going out there and spending more than most teams relative to their revenue, and they're spending significantly less than half of that on their roster in twenty twenty six, and they're showing some hesitation to go into the competitive balanced tax at all. So yeah, I don't really think that this move changes the calculus much, but I do think that it is just going to embolden the people who were planning to fight for a salary cap. This is just kind of another feather in their cap, another thing that they can point to and say, look, Trek Skoubel is a Dodger. They're trading away prospects that frankly they I don't think they're really losing sleep over any of these guys, and the endless resources that they seemingly have are kind of the reason that's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you could, could you pull up Bob's comment from his Sunday note, So, Bob, I happen to know Bob pretty well. He didn't write this this Sunday morning after the Stoogle deal, And you know, he definitely wrote this most of his notes on Friday and Saturday. That's what he does. He compiles it and puts it together. But what Bob said in his notes, it's nearly impossible to find an owner these days who doesn't believe there will be a prolonged work stoppage in twenty twenty seven that will shorten the season, with several believing the entire season could be wiped out. When one owner was asked the chances of even playing next season, he responded maybe twenty five percent, no higher. So Jeff Passen recently said something very similar that he had spoken to a number of owners that are absolutely convinced that the twenty twenty seven season is not going to get played. So, yes, I'm pausing for effect here, guys. I mean, I want everybody to think about this. Be careful what you wish for, Be careful what you wish for, because our sport is not going to survive in the same form at all as far as popularity and importance on the American scene. If we miss the entire twenty twenty seven season. And I don't know that the right thing or the wrong thing is to have a salary cap or not. I think that before we talk about the payroll disparity, we need to talk about the revenue disparity. It's the revenue disparity that's the root cause of the payroll disparity, right, So I'm more focused on revenue disparity and how to close that gap. And then if you can close the gap on revenue disparity, then you can use any number of mechanisms to then create more parody when it comes to payroll and competitiveness on the field. Okay, but unless you're willing and able to address the revenue disparity, you're not going to get there. What Major League Baseball wants to do, and the reason they set up this cap and by the way, the cap number that they have is ridiculously low, ridiculously low. It's like two hundred and forty five million dollars that they proposed. And by the time you take out the seventeen million for benefits and one point seven million for the incentive funds basically player benefits, it's really two hundred and twenty six million dollars cap subserved, same thing with their floor of one seventy two, it's really like one fifty five. So you know, these numbers aren't workable. What the cap is about is for Major League Baseball to make more money. And if you have any doubt that this is about major League Baseball taking more of the money, Occam's raise gang. The only reason they're willing to lose or willing to risk losing all of twenty twenty seven is because they're going to come out so much further ahead financially by capping player salary. So in my mind, either you're going to have to increase that cap and floor, but share the revenue properly. Now, how you get the revenue shared, There's a lot of different ways to go about that. But until they address that, there isn't going to be any compromise. We are going to lose twenty twenty seven and our sport's never going to recover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think that the Dodgers being able to do this is not just a function of their money, and that's something that we should that we should mention, right, I mean, the Dodgers are trading away players in this deal, and other teams could have theoretically matched this offer, right. I mean, Treek School is going to make about ten million dollars the rest of the season. That's not a prohibitive amount of money. It's not like the Dodgers are the only team that could do that. At the same time, the fact that the Dodgers can go out there and you know, give Kyle Tucker sixty million dollars to be a league average player and not really worry about it, Like they've just built so much depth on their roster and in their organization that the need for them to get something out of zayre Hope or to get something out of River Ryan is just not the same as it is for other teams. And so for anyone out there saying like, oh, any other team could have done this, I think that's an oversimplification there. There is an issue here, and a lot of it has to do with a TV revenue. The fact that the Dodgers TV deal is is I think it's three hundred million dollars a season something like that, thirty something, three point thirty something. And yeah, the other teams around the League of Diamondbacks certainly aren't anywhere close to that after the issues that they've had on the TV side here over the past few years. So that is a revenue disparity that does not seem to make sense, Like do the Dodgers deserve to make that much more from TV than other teams just because they're in a bigger market. That's when you're getting into like market size is having an enormous, enormous impact on revenue, and I think that that's where MLB can step in and try to level the playing field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the TV contract, by the way, and I see some comments here, so let me help clarify this as well. Yes, back in twenty eleven, the Dodgers under frankmin Court went into bankruptcy. When they came out when when they're coming going through that process and came out of bankruptcy court, the bankruptcy judge determined at that time their television contract was valued at eighty five million dollars and they put in an escalator I think of three or four percent per year and though that money's tax just like the Yankees eight now for example, they have I think a two hundred and fifty seven million dollar television contract in their tax to twenty percent. It goes into a central pool. So the bankruptcy court was the one that determined the size of the amount that MLB could use to determine their tax. The reason they did that at the time, why the judge stepped in and determined that number is because they were worried about MLB understating what that number was. What happened subsequently was after they came out of bankruptcy, they got a new television deal and they're making like three hundred and thirty million dollars on it. But the amount that the judge determined this was from the judge. This isn't the Dodgers cheating or taking advantage. This is what the judge determined was at eighty five with escalator three or four percent per year. That goes until twenty thirty nine. So when you do the math awesome math online, I think it works out to an extra sixty something million that they're pocketing because of their television deal. That if that had never been put in place by the judge in that manner and they were being taxed on a full amount now, it would probably be sixty something million dollars more going into the central pool that gets then divided by the clubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a mess. I mean, it's clearly something that I think it's an issue that even the players Union could maybe get behind. And it feels like that's where we're maybe headed with the CBA negotiations. Is is there a way, as you're saying, to balance out the revenue disparity around the league, even without having an actual salary cap to to kind of enforce that. So I definitely knew that this was going to have happen. If the Dodgers got Scooble, it was inevitable that all of these discussions were going to happen all over again. I know you mentioned earlier, Jack, that baseball would have a hard time recovering in twenty twenty seven if that we actually were to have an entire season missed. And you made this lovely attendance graphic from going back to nineteen ninety showing MLB attendance per game on a year by year basis, and you can see here Jack, you've kind of pointed it out to us that if you compare nineteen ninety four to the seasons immediately after it, it took a while for attendance to bounce back.
Speaker 2: Up, right, So there's a few things I want to point out here. Number one, attendances and everything, right, Attendance and gate receips back in the early nineties and middle nineties were a higher percentage of teams overall revenue than they are today. However, the point I'm trying to make here with this little chart is in nineteen ninety four, when the strike happened, teams were averaging just over thirty one thousand, four hundred fans attendance per game. There's a big myth out there that it all recovered, when you know, cal Ripken came back and Mark maguire and Samussa had the home run race. But actually, if you look at nineteen ninety six and you look at nineteen ninety eight, they did not recover back to the same levels of attendance. There were at least two thousand, three thousand fans less per game on average. They didn't get back to what they had until two thousand and five, eleven years later. And actually the peak in the last since nineteen ninety and in the last thirty five years was two thousand and seven. Then, of course you had the pandemic. This chart actually doesn't even include of course twenty twenty twenty one or twenty two, because all three of those years were impacted by the pandemic. I don't pick it up again until twenty three, and then you can see out there to the right in twenty twenty six. You know, it's just over at twenty nine thousand, four hundred, so you can see that attendance actually never even got back to what it was in two thousand and seven and in nineteen ninety four. So that's the first part. The second part is the number of fans. The number of people in the country that have baseball as their favorite sport to watch has dropped. My good friend Jim McLennan over at Asy Snake Pit had found some information on this and you could see it drop from like fourteen percent down to nine percent over about a ten year period. The data stopped in twenty twenty three. But this is nineteen This is not nineteen ninety four. This is twenty twenty six. Between streaming, online, internet, all the different sports options, people are going to walk away. You know, look, I may walk away if they lose me. They're going to lose a lot of people. And so when I talk about to be careful what you wish for. I'm going to really show my age here. If any of you seen the movie Gone with the Wind. Has anybody actually watched that movie? Remember at the beginning of the movie when all the young men were so gung ho and eager to go off to war? How did that work out for them? So, you know, my point here is I see memes, you know, lockout now and all of that. That's not going to solve the problem. We're probably going to end up with a lockout, miss a lot of games, and still not have a salary cap. That's my prediction. We'll never going to have a salary cap, but we are going to miss a lot of games. So I think that I really hope that koulaads prevailed all the way around and that they figure out a way to address the revenue sharing because if Major League Baseball continues to insist to ram through a salary cap or attempt to ram through a salary cap, it's just going to be a disaster.
Speaker 1: One thing I'll add on some of the owners making these comments about you know, I don't think there's gonna be a season there. You know, there's a twenty five percent chance the next year gets played. I will just say it is in the owner's best interest to talk in that way, whether they actually think that or not. Right, you want the union to think that you're very serious about getting a salary cap, no matter what it takes. At this point, it does you no good if you're an owner and you come out and say, yeah, I think we're gonna have a season next year. I don't think it's I think we're gonna play a full year, because that would indicate, Okay, well, you must not be all that serious about pushing a salary cap through, because it is very well documented that the union wants nothing to do with that. So I'm not reading all that much into those comments. I do think there's gonna be a twenty twenty seven season, just sort of my my speculative, gut feel. I think when push comes to shove enough, people understand how detrimental it would be, as you've talked about, if we just didn't have any baseball for a full year. The sport has made so much progress here in recent years. It feels like the rule changes have how to positive impact. There's a lot of positive energy. It just cannot happen, and I think at the end of the day. I hope at the end of the day people recognize that and we're able to have most of, if not just an entirely full twenty twenty seven season.
Speaker 2: This is why I love doing this podcast, you know, so so all our listeners know, I'm giving opinion. I'm not giving facts on everything. I mean, obviously I am quoting some facts and figures here and there, but I'm also giving an opinion about what they mean and what my concerns are. And I love that my partner here, Jesse, you know, he's a much more lass half full type of guy than I tend to be, so I need to saying much. So you know, look, this is a big concern for everybody, and you know everyone has their own thoughts and feelings on it, and you know, I think that it's just I hope everyone steps back from the ledge. That's that's hope.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, because I don't know what I would do with myself for an entire year if there was no baseball like that, that's just that's a scary thought. I don't want to even have to think about that. So hopefully Major League baseball does happen in twenty twenty seven. But nonetheless, the fact that Derek scoubl is on the Dodgers is not ideal.
Speaker 2: I did want to just one more time touch on the deferrals because I still keep seeing that come up online, and so for any of our listeners that haven't heard this before, I think it's really important to understand that just because money is deferred in a contract doesn't mean that they don't have to pay that money until after the player retires. At the end of the contract, they have to fund that money into an account by July first of the year following that the money was owed. So, for example, when sho he Otani deferred twenty four million dollars of his seventy million dollars salary the first year in twenty twenty four, that twenty four million deferred had to go to or however what it was, I'm sorry, I'm thinking the number forty six million is a CBT. The sixty eight million that was deferred out of seventy That sixty eight million is put into an escrow account by July first of the following year twenty twenty five, and they do that year after year. Okay, so they have to. When the Diamondbacks deferred ten twelve million dollars a year of Corbyn Brn, they deferred sixty million dollars of Corbyn Burn's contract. The twenty twenty five money that was deferred was just deposited no later than July first of this year, So it's not like they have that money. And definitely to just use whatever they want, they have to put it in these escor accounts. Sorry to correct myself one more time. The amount that they deposit is what is deemed as the net present value. So in Oltani's case, it is forty six million that the Dodgers have to deposit until I first of every year of that contract.
Speaker 1: And is it like weird and gimmicky that Major League Baseball allows deferrals to that extent? I would say yes, Like I still don't know if it's if it's great that you can do that. It just seems kind of bizarre that it's like allowed to defer sixty eight out of out of the seventy million dollars that you're making annually. But yeah, I mean, anyone's saying that, like, oh, deferrals are ruining baseball or the Dodgers are getting these guys for nothing. Yeah, it's not it's not true, and I do think it's also. I mean, I don't know if anyone around here is going to want to hear this, but like, the Dodgers are really good at this. I mean they they are doing what they ought to be doing under the current CBA, like within the guidelines of what they're allowed to do. Making this trade for Trek School makes a ton of sense, right, I mean, all of these moves, like even signing Kyle Tucker for that outrageous amount of money. I know it hasn't worked out for them, but it's it's just sort of like that's something that they're able to do, and they have this outrageous system right now that just allows them to basically do whatever they would like. So I don't think this is like the Dodgers are maliciously ruining baseball. This is just like the Dodgers are really good at player development and scouting and making trades, and when you combine that with the limitless resources that they have, this is what you get.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, look, I don't have a problem with the fact that the Doctors heard an enormously successful business operation under their current management. Kudos to them. That's what they did. They pulled it off, and they worked within the rules. I guarantee you I have a show that I can never wear on this show that a few people watching this show have seen me wear. And you know, as far as competition and the team, I would say that I lose my professionalism when it comes to the Dodgers. I get really kind of emotional and upset, especially when their fans invade Chase Field and the way they behave and you know, there's nothing gave me greater satisfaction than watching what they were able to do in Dodger Stadium in twenty twenty three. So I don't want this to come off the wrong way. But this isn't the Dodgers' fault. They're a business entity operating within the rules. They're not the evil Empire. They're doing what they're supposed to do. Yeah, you know, and it's the system and it's the structure that needs to be fixed. And a lot of people the flip side of this, and I've we've had this discussion with people like, you know, because what are you talking about communism, socialism? Well, you know, baseball's always had some kind of share going on, and the league is only as strong as its weakest links. If you want to have a healthy league, you have to have a team that has a decent level of parody and competition. Yeah, so they have to fix it.
Speaker 1: I think there's a good, a good case we made that Major League Baseball does not have that right now. So what does that look like in twenty twenty seven and beyond. We're going to find out. It's going to be probably a mess over the next six months to a year as we see those conversations play out.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The trade deadline is now. I think we're into the eighteen hour range here, eighteen hours fifty four ish minutes here during our Sunday night live show. We are excited to see what the Diamondbacks ultimately do. We of course, will be here to react as soon as we can. Our scheduling tomorrow is a little bit in flux because of some things we have going on, but we will definitely hop on around the trade deadline itself, if not before tomorrow, to talk about whatever the Diamondbacks are able to do. We think there's gonna be something. No guarantees necessarily, but seems likely the Diamondbacks will make at least one trade between now and then. We're very grateful to all of you for hanging out with us here on this Sunday night. If you haven't already, you can find us on Twitter. I am at Jesse N. Friedman. Jack is at Shoe Wizard fifty nine in our show is at Snake's Territory. You can find Jack's written work over at Arizona Diamondbacks on SI Jack any final thoughts here as we continue the trade deadline countdown to three pm tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I really do appreciate so many people coming in and hanging out with us and saying hello tonight. I know that not everything I said struck the right chords with everybody, but you know, everybody's opinion is correct on this right. Nobody's wrong, It's just opinions are like we all got.
Speaker 1: One, well said, well said. Well, thank you again to all of you for being with us. We really appreciate it, and we'll be back tomorrow sometime with another edition of Snake's Territory