Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim King with Paul Sweeney and Bloomberg's Lisa Matteo.
Speaker 3: So American Airlines will start there ticker AA l okay. The reason why is because their shares have been down as much as eight percent. It reinstated at Danniel guidance, but it was in a lower range than expected, and it was more a bullish forecast than you compare it to United or what Delta gave. So investors they weren't happy with the news. They did say it could hit the top end of that forecast range if the domestic market continues to strengthen. So I mean we're I.
Speaker 1: Don't do American. Where where is American WI?
Speaker 3: I mean they're big, I mean you know they're still huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's a big three in United America. Yeah, and it flies more domestic in the domestic market than other airlines, So you know that has something to do with it. It leaves it open to like swings with US demand and pricing. So yeah, shares really taken a hit this morning. Okay, Chipotle CMG ticker, okay, really down down as much as thirteen percent. These are the shares cut its annual outlook for the second time this year. And it's yeah, I know. Did you get that they have the honey Chicken the adoble?
Speaker 1: Kay?
Speaker 3: And that's pretty straightforward. But no, I mean, yeah, they've been trying. They had the burrito giveaway. They said they're boosting the rewards platform. They want to offer more programs to target college kids. They thought that would help equipment upgrades. All that said, they still just haven't had enough traffic and that's their basic thing. They said their customers are cutting back. The CEO talked about the lower income consumer under pressure and it just hasn't had much news lately, you know, much good news lately. Twenty percent. Margarita is to go some some locations, some locations she does. Maybe they should do it more locations. Problem you can get anywhere? Should this one? I want to point out American apparel retailer American Eagle AEO. Their shares have been up as much as twenty five percent before the bell so so here we go. We're leading into something. Okay, So the company announces campaign with actress Sidney Sweeney. Right, it was announced yesterday. It's Sydney Sweeney, has great genes, great actress, right, really good. She said, it's a good balance that's going to help you keep you put together but feel great. But the reason what happened yesterday is we've heard this story before and moved HighRes and out hours trading. It got mentioned on Wall Street Bets page on Reddit, and you know what happens when things just mentioned that. I mean, it has the substance behind it, right, it has this news out, but I think it got inflated. Might may have been inflated a bit because this shares. We're up as much as twenty five percent for Sidney Sweeney. Oh sure, I mean white Lotus. Have you seen shortage?
Speaker 1: It was nine ish and now it's twelve ish. That's all there is too.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's gone up, it's gone.
Speaker 1: Where's American Eagle and the Pantheon with ever Crombie and Fitch.
Speaker 3: It's all the battle for the jeens, like that's what they're doing. That's probably why they brought in Sydney Sweeney because they're all battling for their genes and that's what kids are. Kind of told you the best.
Speaker 1: I thought you meant her genes like her DNA.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, like her blue jeans.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm learning as we go. Can I back up on stock movers with Lisa? I think we can do commodities and stock movers.
Speaker 3: Sure. The price of beef a hole from the from COVID. Yes, it's up one hundred.
Speaker 1: And sixty six percent live cattle, Yeah, twenty percent per year. Like what does that do to McDonald What does it.
Speaker 3: Makes them put out more chicken and make people to buy more chicken? Yeah, you're giving us the difference. And what about the barbecues. I mean, come on, yep, I'm going to be throwing more chicken breasts on the girl. And I mean, we're trying to.
Speaker 1: Eat less beef for health. But the fact is we're eating less beef because you look at the numbers that you dont really.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.