Speaker 1: Welcome to the latest edition of The Stephen Nate Smith Show, coming at you up with the digital areas of YouTube at least three times a week. Once again, as always, I'd like to pause and take a moment to take my subscribers and followers. Obviously, the missions of downloads we receive courtesy of our Heart Radio over the last few months, and on YouTube we've now eclipsed in terms of our subscribers over one point twenty three million. So I can't thank y'all for the love and support enough. Keep it coming, and I'm gonna keep on coming. To continue to like and follow the show, Just the bell and get notified for all of our newest content, and you too shall be the latest member of the Stephen A. Smith Show family. And while you're doing so, make sure to grab a copy of my New York Times best selling book, Straight Shooter, a Memoir of second Chances and First Takes, down on paperback. Just go straight shoot the book dot com to get yourself a copy that straight Shoot a book dot com and get yourself a copy. So I got a lot of stuff to get into today, obviously the NBA Playoffs, there's some stuff on Diddy and fifty cent and Donald Trump. What the hell do those three names have in common. I'll definitely touch on that. Of course, Mark Kriegel has written an outstanding book on Mike Tyson. Things that you didn't know, things that you haven't heard before. We'll have him on to discuss those things with. The first order of business is the NBA Playoffs, and that's where we're getting started, where the finals are now set between the Indiana Paces and Oklahoma City Thunder. The Paces made the finals while putting away the New York Knickson Game six Saturday night, one twenty five to one oh eight. The Pacers were ultimately the better team, and now they head to the finals Thursday night to face the league MVP and Shay Gilgess. Alexander and the Oklahoma City Thunder can't say enough Listen. I thought the Knicks was gonna win this series in seven games, I really really did. But when they blew it in Game one, I didn't know how they could and how they could recover from that, and sure enough they didn't. That's one element appeal from it. Another element to peal from it is that the Pacers were deeper and they were exceptionally well coached, and even though we respect Tom Thibodaux on what have you, the bottom line is is that he's not Rick Carlile. And then when you couple that with the fact that you got to look at the future in terms of the New York Knicks giving up five picks for and protected first round picks for Michal Bridges, and you saw his level of production or lack thereof at times, it doesn't look too pretty for the New York Knicks. They were there, they were in the conference finals, they were two games away from an NBA Finals birth, but they didn't get it done. And to be honest with you, I'm gonna say something that's not gonna be that popular. From a purely basketball standpoint, this is a better final series than the Knicks would have given Oklahoma City Thunder, because I think if the New York Knicks are going against Oklahoma City Thunder, they would have gotten blown out of the building. They would have gotten swept because they just weren't deep enough. And against Oklahoma City, you got to be deep enough. Rick Carlile has played eleven players at least fifteen minutes a game during the regular season, so it's a better match for the Oklahoma City Thunder, and it's a better basket ball matchup for all for us all to watch during the NBA Finals. That's my opinion. Okay, that's where I stand with it, but you probably prefer to hear from somebody else. And joining me now to break down the Eastern Conference finals and look ahead to the NBA Finals is an NBA champion himself, Big Perk, as we affectionately call him, Kendrick Perkins, one of All with the Celtics in two thousand and eight, and he joins me now, my partner in crime on NBA count Down and beyond. What's up, big boy? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: How's everything that's saying?
Speaker 2: Two things? Are those veins popping out of yours? Are those veins? I see? Hello?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Hello? Going on?
Speaker 4: I see a different I see a different glue in you right now?
Speaker 2: Man, You know what I mean. I'm seeing something different right now. You know you got going overdy.
Speaker 1: You just teasing me, man, You just teasing me. You just teach me because you know how deferate I want to get I get home, because I was desperate to get home. I got I was being Oklahoma City in Minneapolis. I was sitting there praying we didn't have to go back to Minneapolis for Game six. You know that, you know that. But Purk, let me ask you this question. Man, let's get right to it. You all, I mean, you gotta give us an explanation. You swopping down. There was no way in hell of Indiana Pacers will winning the series and getting to the NBA Finals. Yet lo and behold they are here. What the hell happened to the New York Knicks and the Indian Indiana Paces and the Eastern Conference Finals?
Speaker 2: Man, well, let me say this. I was wrong.
Speaker 4: I was wrong about this series. And I gotta give credit to the Indiana Paces. I will say that.
Speaker 2: But the Knicks, how dare you? How dare you? You're in the Eastern Conference Finals, you just knocked out to defend the Chaps. How dare you let your foot off.
Speaker 4: The gas in Game one? That's what I keep thinking about when I go back to this series. I keep thinking about that meltdown in Game one and how they ultimately cost the New York Knicks the series, and then all of a sudden things started downspiring from there They've been ever since, and they never bounce back. Here's the thing you say one unless Jannis calls and say he wants to go to New York.
Speaker 2: I think the Knicks ship running back.
Speaker 4: Obviously you get better with your bitch, but I'm talking about your starting five.
Speaker 2: And Josh Hard you run it back, right, but you hold guy's a count, and I'm looking at call Anthony Towns.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm certain hit me out. Soon as the game was over. I went to the end and there and everybody like, oh, first priority for the Knicks is trained called Anthony Towns.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, the hell is not. You're talking about a guy who.
Speaker 4: Gave you twenty three to twenty four points and almost twelve rebounds in this series. I believe it was right. Here's the thing before Worldwild West and Leon Rose call Anthony Towns. They go all the way back to his Kentucky days. Right, that's living over a decade ago. You shouldn't be able to hold him a count. The problem will call Anthony Towns is strength and conditioning. He has to lose fifteen to twenty pounds. He has to be able to get up the floor there. He has to be able to work on his lateral movement. Don't come telling me that he can't get better in his eighth or ninth season and say, I don't want to hear that. You know why because I watched Steph Curry get better later in his career when he won his fourth championship. You remember when people was picking on Steph Curry and say defensively, yep, it stopped against the Boston Celtics. You remember how he started guarding. They were trying to search him out. We saw him balloting on the low block with Al Horfer, that Jaylen Brown and he wasn't budget.
Speaker 2: That's what needs to happen with call Anthony Towns.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this, if I'm called Anthony Towns, I embrace all the criticism this summer.
Speaker 2: I use all the criticism.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, I have every single clip on my phone that is criticizing me, being a defense of liability, out of shape, whatever you want to call it. I'm using that as motivation and I come back. I come back and better shape. Next year, I'll come back leaner, and I come back more focus.
Speaker 1: Is that your way of saying that the New York Knicks for some reason, had an opportunity to get Yannis after the Coupo, they shouldn't move. Called Anthony Towns. Is that what your way of saying.
Speaker 4: That I said, let's he called I wouldn't. I wouldn't be reaching out if I'm the New York Kniggas.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do that because because man, listen, we already know whether you or not greef with it or not.
Speaker 4: Called Anthony Towns is the emotional God, right, Call Anthony Towns is the emotion of God if he found out that Worldwide West and Leon Rose were reaching out to try to trade him, because you're gonna have to trade him if you want yachts, right, you're gonna have to package him up with something with some pieces and a third team involved.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: It is the sense of draft picks that if you want giddiness, you want them to contact you. You want guiddness to want to come to the Knicks before you even start entertaining that conversation. If not, guess what, let's say you run it back. Two things for sure, we know the Boston Celtics they're most likely not gonna be there next year. Now they're gonna make some moves, but without Jason Tatum, they're not gonna be tightle contendants. You know, the Milwaukee Bucks eliminating themselves. Dame Dollard's probably gonna miss the entire season. So you're still just looking at the Pacers, right, and maybe the Cavs, who are gonna bounce back. Other than that, the Knicks have nothing. I mean, who else are they worried about?
Speaker 2: Me? Easter comes, I know, detroying.
Speaker 1: No man a Detroit? How about how about Detroit? How about Detroit who didn't have Isaiah Stewart, who didn't have Ivy available to them, and who has the rest of the team? What about them? I'm not underestimated Detroit Pistons.
Speaker 2: No I'm not. I'm not either.
Speaker 4: But I'm say if the Bigs, which I believe they will do, go out and improve the depth and get better on the PERIMAA right from the bench.
Speaker 2: I think they'll be just fine. They know what they have to.
Speaker 4: Do this offseason to to upgrade Dave Russell.
Speaker 1: What about your concerns about Kling Anthony Towns and how gimpy he looked throughout these playoffs. His legs, it looks shaky, man. I'm just telling you right now, I don't know if I can depend on him in the next three to five years. Because of that, I'm talking about his legs, how to tide twenty one feet, questionable needs. That stuff has been has been pervasive in his life for years. Man, it has to say.
Speaker 2: But that's why you get your big ass in shade.
Speaker 4: Let me let me give you an examp when I was when I first got traded to Oklahoma City. Right the first year I was there, I was coming off of touring ACL and I strained my ministis okay, and we went to the We end up going I believe it was to the Western Conference finals and we got knocked thought by the Dallas Marriage. I believe it was or in the second round. I can't really believe. I can't really hit it on the head right now, but it was either right, all right, cool, we getting knocked off that summer. I wasn't a laud now, mind you. I was in my eighth to ninth season as well, and I'm not comparing myself to call it and in towns, I'm telling you, no, a out of work that you need to.
Speaker 2: Put in to get to the level.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: The thundersuning trainer home with me, who was with me the entire summer.
Speaker 2: His name was chritis.
Speaker 4: They sent them down. They made me get on the diet. I had a book, this thick of things that I had to do and follow throughout the course of the day.
Speaker 2: I entered the season with two hundred and eighty eight pounds.
Speaker 4: I came back into camp at two fifty three with nine percent body fat.
Speaker 2: Because I knew I had to get in shape.
Speaker 4: One for my knees, but in order to be able to get up and down with Russell Westbrook came and James Hory that's how you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Hold the mccountum.
Speaker 1: Michel Bridges five first round picks for unprotected. How are you feeling about him right now?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Mixed feelings they say about Micheal Bridges.
Speaker 4: It was wild because it was times where I was like, oh, that's the Michel Bridges, I know right there right and I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to just yet.
Speaker 4: He didn't have a great series or like he had an average series in the in the Eastern Conference finals, but remember how great he was in that Boston series. The dude was bombed right in, especially in the fourth quarters on the road. So this is what I said about Micheal Bridges. I think you have to address Jalen Bronson before you could start addressing McHale Bridges in the Oceana Noby and a lack of consistency offensively throughout the Eastern Conference Finals. Jaylen Brounton gotta get off the ball, man, like he gotta get off the ball, he say, he can't continue to start the game dribbling, dribbling the oxygen out of the ball.
Speaker 2: He's he's starting to become a Luca Doncis.
Speaker 4: And I say that respectfully because both of those guys are Hellibal players.
Speaker 2: And you know I'm a fare of the big body Brusson.
Speaker 4: But what I'm watching is I'm watching him walk the ball up the floor. I'm watching the Knicks start their offense with them in their fifteen on the clock. They're always borderline getting eight seconds called.
Speaker 2: And I'm watching mckial bridges at ogn Or.
Speaker 4: No we find their offense once Jayler Brunton goes to the bench, that can't happen.
Speaker 1: Man, Berker got more to ask you, but I got to get out of here to pay some bills. In the second. I'll be right back with you. More to Steven A. Smithshaw with Kendrick Berker's in a minute joining to me now to talk about his picks for the u upcoming UFC three sixteen event on Saturday, June seventh. Is prize pick partner Kyle Fogyard. What's up?
Speaker 4: Call?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: How's everything?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 3: Steven A?
Speaker 6: How we doing?
Speaker 3: You're good?
Speaker 1: I've always had I want to make sure I pronounce it?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Does that pronounce your last name?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Four shot?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 7: Is that the right pronounciation? My my hockey coaches and stuff. Everyone butchers it since day one?
Speaker 3: So for.
Speaker 1: I got you, foreshow I got it man. I appreciate it. Man, thanks so much. I see you went. I see you went more on Sean O'Malley, less on Patchie Mix and less on Kayla Harrison. Why do you think Seana Maley's gonna have more than seventy two and a half significant strikes strikes and Patchi Mix is gonna have less than fifty seven and a half significant strikes?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: I think everyone thinks that Sugar has to knock out Morob early for him to win, But I just don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I see that happening. I think it's gonna be.
Speaker 7: A war at the end of the day, and so I see that fight lasting a long time.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's going to be a second round knockout.
Speaker 7: I'd be happy if it was, because I want to Sugar to win, but I just don't see it playing out like that. And then those other two fights, the Patchie one, that's gonna be a brawl, so I think it's gonna end quick. And then same with the Kayla Harrison one. I think that's gonna be a quick one. So that's why I went less on those two and then more on Sugar. Pretty simple. We got our boy og at our full cen MMA cam too. He's really good with picks, so we usually hit these pretty often.
Speaker 1: Why do you also have a community play? You also have a community play, right, what's going on with that? Tell me about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's on the app.
Speaker 7: So basically, you know, I can't even watch UFC without playing Prize Picks.
Speaker 6: You know, it just makes watching the fight so much more fun.
Speaker 7: So we like to do a pick and then we put it on the Prize Picks app. It's right on the homepage, so all our fans can just like click it, ride with us, and then we're all watching the fight and we're all root and hoping that it hits together.
Speaker 6: It's so fun. I love it.
Speaker 1: Now. The main event is a highly anticipated rematch for Prospects partner Chuga, Shane Chiga Sean O'Malley, who's looking to reclaim the bantaweight title. What are your thoughts on that rematch?
Speaker 7: You know, obviously we saw it's crazy because Mirod was an underdog in the first fight, right, like, yeah, one thought Sugar was just gonna be wing him out, and I think after that performance, and then obviously the last fight, his performance against Umar was just out of this world. I mean everyone was blown away. I actually rewatched it last night and it was just insane. So now it's crazy how it's completely flipped. Everyone's counting Sugar out once again, which was kind of in the same position he was when he was fighting Aljo. We were at that fight too, and nobody thought he had a chance, and he shocked the world.
Speaker 6: So I think Sugar's good in these situations.
Speaker 7: I think mentally, when he's being counted out and you know he's the underdog, I think that's when he shows up and performs his best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the probably The only issue I have with Sugar Sean is that it's like you have to bring the action to him because he's ready to counter when he has to chase you when you're moving, particularly when you're ready to wrestle, because you're not standing up there trying to fight him. It's a tough thing for him. It's almost as if he gets bored. That's what I'm worried about. I I don't think that'll happen, but I can't underestimate the possibility.
Speaker 7: What about you, Yeah, I mean if you rewatch that fight, rewatch it and watch the fifth round.
Speaker 6: Sugar threw two leg kicks. I think he hit him like right in the liver, and Marob was hurt.
Speaker 7: And that was after getting beat up for four rounds. So listen, Sugar is a sniper. I was actually there trading with him the other day. We had him on the podcast.
Speaker 6: He's an incredible shape, he's dialed, He's.
Speaker 7: Made a lot of changes in his life, and I think he's going to shock the world once again.
Speaker 6: But that's what makes this sport the best is you just never know. You just don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Price picks part in the extraordinary of Kyle four Yard right here with Steven A.
Speaker 3: Smith Show.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, buddy, thanks so much.
Speaker 6: Man, take it you're gonna be riding, You're riding with us or what.
Speaker 1: I'm riding with you. I'm ride with you. I ain't going against anything you say. I mean every time I pick, every time I ride with you, I win. So that's how I'm pulling this off. That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: That's how we do it. That's how we do it, all right.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, Thank you, sir. Let me transition. Because the New York Knicks had done and they got a lot of working offseason, we got plenty of time to talk about them. Your thoughts about the Indiana Pacers and their chances of winning a championship because they're going up against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get game one. They better get game one.
Speaker 4: You remember when we was gonna countdown and I said the Denver Nuggets, I said the Minnesota timber Wolves. It was a month's win for them in Game one. Well, they better get game one. I know if they even think they have a chance in this series. You know why, because Game one's are a fill out game right, So the Thunder they haven't played a team like the Pacers, a team that likes to get up and down, a team that spreads the floor, a lot of they guys that could majority of their team could shoot the three point shot at a high cliff.
Speaker 2: They haven't.
Speaker 4: So now all of a sudden, Dagnell he has to go in in his bag a little bit. I'm interested to see what type of he's gonna throw out there. Who he's gonna put on past gual Seattle, Seaka. But Game one is the most important game of the series for the Pacers. If they don't get Game one, they're gonna lose this series in five because by Game two, the Oklahoma City Thunder is gonna figure you out. And once they figured you out, it's a problem defensively. So you're going into Game one in the field out game you really gotta have. You gotta have to really stretch that to going into the going into the second half of Game one, you need to be up by like fifteen to sixteen points on the score. Other than that, your asses brains.
Speaker 1: How elite is this Oklahoma City Thunder defense compared to defenses that we have seen throughout NBA history and what makes them so good defensively?
Speaker 4: Yep, so I there saying you saw the closer person to it. It's one of the best defensive teams that we've seen in the history of the game. And people keep asking me who will win this twenty twenty five or this twenty twelve team, And I keep saying, I believe.
Speaker 2: It will go seven games.
Speaker 4: But I would give the NOAWD to the twenty twenty five team because.
Speaker 2: Of their depth.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I've ever seen the team this deep, especially at the perimeter position, that have a bunch of dogs and could defend.
Speaker 2: Yes, we know about Luke Darts.
Speaker 4: I saw you earlier in the day make some great points about Alex Caruso in case of Ballace coming in off the bench, But we got we gotta remember hell SGA and j Doug, them brothers.
Speaker 2: Not no scrubs. Defensive like they defend that are high level.
Speaker 4: So when I'm watching them and I think about my eight team with the Boston Celtics, who was also on Pacific, one of the best defensive teams that E will you know, still put on the floor, I'm like, bro, these dudes are just different They're different, man.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking at them right now now, and it's scary because I look at lou dort Man. This brother is a linebacker playing basketball. He's a linebacker playing basketball. I saw Julius Randall, and this brother didn't put a form out there. He just used his chest and Brandall couldn't move him. Randall six', Eight randall powerful and couldn't move this. Brother And i'm thinking About halliburton and all of this noise About. Halliburton the brother can. Play he's not. OVERRATED i don't know who these players were that labeled him. Overrated he's not. Overrated the brother can, play make no mistake about. It but this is a different. Beat this is a different. Animal it's a different challenge that's coming his. Way AND i ain't gonna lie to. YOU i don't know how Equipped halliburton is to handle. This to be quite honest with, you it's gonna be interesting to.
Speaker 4: See you saw those eighteen points per, game like these, playoffs that ain't gonna cut. It that's not gonna cut it Against Oklahoean city done the eighteen points a, Game gonna get to. Swim he's gonna have to elevate this game even more and say he's gonna have to be consistent if they have a shot twenty five to thirty points a, night AND i don't see. It you know what he averaging his two games against the thunder this sery this year in the regular city what he averaged eleven?
Speaker 2: Points bro ore Bro he.
Speaker 4: Averaged eleven points against Ok se Against. Okay see now, again you Know i'm waiting on. Him he didn't have his special moments if we just saw him take over four. Quarters but you're Dealing you're dealing with a different. Beast here's the one thing That i'm looking at. Close who is gonna go On Pascal Siaka because if you talk about Putting Luke dort's On Tyrese halingburn and the start Is Ted holmgren gonna be the one On Pascal. Siakam or do you if your, coach do you Start Jay duve On Passal? Siakam do you switch? Up you start lining? Up if you coach dagueall and you go small With chad at the five and you bring In Alice caruso early and now you have your defense, SET i mean it's gonna be interested to.
Speaker 1: See i'm interested in seeing it as. Well i'm praying that we're gonna have an interesting. SERIES i, mean if we gotta go to cities Like indiana And, okay, see, damnit at least making a great. Series you know What i'm, saying go six seven, Games that's What i'm looking. AT i know you don't feel that, way, because damn, it you loved In Oklahoma. City you should be the. Mayor they should give you the key to the. City they gave you a standing. OVATION i was standing right next to, you big. Bro they gave you a standing, ovation and, okay, SEE i gotta ADMIT i was right BECAUSE i was getting ready to walk to the back with. YOU i, said let's. Go you, like stay with, me, Bro AND i didn't know what the hell was going. On and the next THING i, know they got you up on a big screen and the crowd is giving you a standing. Ovation how was?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Man how that make you?
Speaker 2: Feel? Bro?
Speaker 4: One, well, One i'm thankful that you shared that moment with.
Speaker 2: Me that's number. One number two, man it's all of. Them, man it been that.
Speaker 4: Way and, SAY i had some great years, there, right it was four and a half. Years but the THINGS i will see a lot of people don't realize the things and how INVESTED i was in the, community right like with the, tornadoes With, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving christmas, holidays like my wife and now we've done a lot in the community and we developed relationships. There, man WHERE i never bought a house In. BOSTON i never bought a house In cleveland Or New.
Speaker 2: Orleans BUT i did own a house In Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: City and it took, me, seriously it took me Seven it took me six years AFTER i Left.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: See it's, yeah six years AFTER i Left Okay, see finally sell.
Speaker 2: My house.
Speaker 4: BECAUSE i was thinking ABOUT i was actually thinking about going back.
Speaker 2: There we was thinking about living. There that's how. Great that's how great people. Are that's how much loved they.
Speaker 1: Show hold that thought, perk give me, one give me this woman and woman and had some bills to. Pay you know how this, Goes we'll be back with the one Only Kencha perkins in a. Minute all, right everybody listen up lo all the big time sports action is happening each and every. Day The Stephen Aate smith shows to make sure you are taking advantage of it. All that's why we partnered With Prize picks the best place to win cash while watching. Sports the app is really easy to. Use to make a, lineup all you have to do is pick more or less on a few player. Stats choose from any of your favorite Players Tyrese, Halliburg Shae, Gildess, Alexander Pascal siakam all in the same. Entry to sit back and. Watch the list is really. Endless you can Play prospects in over forty, states Including california And. Texas best of, All prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollar. Lineup wanna, Lose you'll get fifty, Bucks so just use promo code says and Download Prospects now. Again download the app and use code says to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollars. Lineup Prize. Picks, Hey, hey run your. Game you've often said That Shake Gilgris alexander should be looked at, differently and then last week you came out and you, said this is the best play in the history Of Oklahoma. City Kevin durant's been, There Russell westbrook has been, there along with with various, others but especially those two names you really really mean That i'm talking. About you said this before a championship has been, captured you saying it right? Now you just say if they win a. Championship you've already Called Shay Gilgess alexander the greatest player in the history Of Oklahoma City.
Speaker 8: Thunder why, yeah, well well number, one third straight season of averaging thirty plus, okay shooting number fifty percent of the.
Speaker 4: Field which joined your goat And Michael jordan's right for as players with most thirty points shooting over fifty.
Speaker 8: Vego, yeah, yeah, yeah SO i said he said that.
Speaker 2: Team then he goes to win THE. Mvp then he goes to win THE. MVP i heard you on there. Too by the, WAY i ain't getting.
Speaker 3: Into the V.
Speaker 2: He wins THE, mvp all right, now saying he wins the scoring, title third straight year of First Team ALL, nba all right, now takes the team to THE Nba, Finals PNFERENCE, mvp and.
Speaker 4: The way that he's doing, it, man the way that he's doing, it no one could say that this man has, underachieved, Right And i'm just thinking about how he's embraced this. Coature no one thought when they made the trade For Paul george that this team will be sitting there something four or five years later and we'll be talking about them making it to THE nba. Finals For KAWHI, bg he A KAWHI pg don't even playing together no more so just for him to embody this.
Speaker 2: WHOLE. Ok see culture be like the face. MAN i.
Speaker 4: Listen much love and respect TO kd and much love and respect To. Russ With russ, done that was tremendous three, years averaging the triple, DOUBLE MVP, kd him being THE, mvp multiple scoring. TITLES i get all of. It but WHEN sga is doing right, now we're talking about history here of STEPHEN, a what's talking. About he's sitting at the. TABLE i Saw Alan overson post. Something it's, Him Michael jordan And Alan overson sitting at another.
Speaker 2: Seat that we didn't think he was gonna be sitting. At.
Speaker 4: Damnit he's sitting at that table now and he hadn't even completed the mission. Yet so imagine when he completed the mission AND i, think out of all and you tell me If i'm, wrong he's gonna be The he's everybody. Else From Anthony, Edwards Luca Jason Tage Jamem, Brown Donovan mitchell or gonna be playing ketch up to him because once he completed this, MISSION i believe they're gonna win the. Championship he's gonna enter that room of superstars With lebron When kadi Went steph With jokis With, goddis because he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Check all the and And the other thing, too is that he thoroughly Outplayed Anthony edwards in The Western Conference. Finals there's no. WAY i, mean there was two superstars that were going up against one. Another one departed elevating his, status another departed lowering his. Status even THOUGH i love me some Ant, man but you cannot show up in the game five and you're down twenty in the first, Quarter you're down thirty at the, Half you're getting blown out of the building in a close out. GAME i Know Oklahoma city is a better, team but you still expected more from Ant man than what you. Got let me throw this interesting question by. You five to. Twenty jeff T five to Twenty podcast said That shay basically saved THE nba because he reminded everybody of the mid range. Game, instead everybody's running out there dependent on. THREES i thought he made a valid point in. That regard your thoughts about that real, QUICK i agree with.
Speaker 2: THEM i agree with.
Speaker 4: Him he got, Us he made us focus and brought us back to. Realities right like just when people are the analytics start the mid range game was, dead it. Wasn't and then she ain't reminded us of this because people could talk about he's the free throw merchant and all that.
Speaker 2: STUFF i don't want to hear all, That.
Speaker 4: Like Richard jefferson put some st up where Mister jefferson down there was averaging more free throws THAN sga out of like two or three seasons of his.
Speaker 2: Career right now it's been over eight and he's he's he's getting to the mid.
Speaker 4: Range and like we talked about there saying he's legit sixty, six he's legit sixty.
Speaker 2: Six so that means he's COB M.
Speaker 4: J hight right in the separation the debrial difficulty that he's getting on because these ain't just wide open mid range. Shots he's a, contestant turned arounds over both, shoulders the, women the flash up and, under the school, blazing the finishing around the basket right the left, hand he's school blaying on on on the right side with the left, hand tough finishes like this man is special and he had reminded the world that don't fall in love with the trade.
Speaker 2: Ball but see, esa let me say this to you real.
Speaker 4: Quick last year when The celtics wonted problem they didn't shoot the ball that well from the three in THE Nba, finals we forgot. That holladay and those gods start cutting out of the corners Because dallas was trying to disrespect them for us knocking down. Threes The celtics was getting to the, Paint Jacob brown And Jason tatum was getting to that near raised. Junctions But asga just then took it to another. Level AND i think that's the separation between the between him And Anthony elvis right. Now right Like Anthony elvis is either three or all the way to the, Basket sga got everything.
Speaker 3: In, between everything in.
Speaker 1: Between not a three point, yet But god help us all if he perfects three point shooting and he gets significantly better at. That lord helped the. World lord helped the basketball. World two more questions Before i'll let you get on out of. Here one would be this going back TO. Kd you Know we saw how the crowd just thundered no pun intended When Shaye Gilgess alexander won the LEAGUE. Mvp we also saw we Saw Russell westbrook come back as The Denver nuggets get a standing. Ovation we saw you and the love that you see as a commentator now as a former player for The Oklahoma City. Thunder and the love and AFFECTION i know for a fact BECAUSE i was in that city with. You EVERYWHERE i. WENT i mean the television, stations the, streets big, perk big, PERK i, Mean, jesus it's, Ridiculous, okay the love that you. Received Kevin durant, is without, question one of the greatest players who has ever. Lived for obvious, reasons he didn't get that applause when he came back To okay, see because he decided to depart after they were up three to, one lost lost the series To Golden, state and then he took his talents to The Bay area With Steph curry and those boys less than a month after losing to. Them But i'm looking at the love And i'm, Like, damn this is one of the greatest players who have ever Lived, brooklyn Ok. See before, that, Obviously Golden state after The oka c and now he's In phoenix and one of the greatest. PLAYERS i, mean if we don't give him any, love where the hell is he gonna get it? From have you thought about that at? All and have you questioned whether or not one Day Kevin durant will ever regret LEAVING.
Speaker 4: Okac so be, HONEST i. DON'T i don't see how he LEFT okac is say like those fans haven't. Change they've been that. Way they've been that. WAY i remember when WHEN i was, playing we just used to go ON tv AND espn used to have like this this meter where it's, like, man we can't even hear. Ourselves they've been this. Way so, again Like katy decided to make the. Choice the only thing THAT i WISH kad would do is put his damn pride to, side which we know that's hard for him to, do and just make it right with their fan.
Speaker 2: Base And Sam.
Speaker 4: Presty here's the question THAT i want to know THAT i want to, know And i'm gonna Ask Sam, presty especially if they win this, championship like have you even spoken TO? Kd you AIN'T kd even talked since he departed From Oklahoma. City like that's a real. THING i want to know BECAUSE i know him And Russell westbrook got a relationship every TIME i look. Up Russell westbrook now got a car dealership out. There he just builds some type of park for the. Youth he's building up another, community apartments for for people on lo.
Speaker 2: Income like he's. Invested he goes back, there Right Russell.
Speaker 1: Westbrook Russell westbrook quiet has Kept Russell westbrook does a lot of special things in the community and BOTH okc And Los angeles that people don't know. About he just ain't about. That But Russell westbrook is a good, dude. Bro he could. Be he could come across as abrasive and truckling all he wants. To he does a lot of, great great things in the. Community he really.
Speaker 4: Does my thing is you're, RIGHT i, Say, Well my thing WITH kd is when he's, up when it's all said and, done what's the place he's going on the fall?
Speaker 9: Home LIKE i don't know everyone everyone has that, Place LIKE i, KNOW i Know braun he played with The lakers in the, heat but he's always gonna Say cleveland was his.
Speaker 4: HOME i just strongly believe that. Right, obviously Still peter's fund his.
Speaker 2: Whole damn career Will Golden. State And i'm looking at And.
Speaker 4: Giannis even If yannis does move on and he goes to another team this most, season he's always gonna say he's always gonna be remembered as A milwaukee What's?
Speaker 2: Kate he gonna be remembered that just K d or? Who? Yeah like what organization is attached to? Him?
Speaker 1: None none want to be attached to. THEM i.
Speaker 4: WANT i wonder If Sam preston is even going to retire his?
Speaker 1: Jersey, Yeah AND i tell, you, WELL i think he, should BUT i don't know if you can if the audience doesn't want, it because the crowd may not want it and what have. You and to, me it's one of them situations where if Oka see by Something happenstance doesn't win the championship this, year with all the assets That Sam presty has available to, Him phoenix would jump at the opportunity to get assets from Okay see in exchange FOR. Kd but why would you bring him back to a city that you know clearly he didn't want to stay. In and that's why that's what everybody has told. Me SO i don't know very last question BECAUSE i got to get on out of. Here who do you have win in this? Series and in how many GAMES i?
Speaker 2: GOT i, GOT i, GOT i GOT okc in.
Speaker 4: Six I'm i'm gonna give The pacers some respect that they could get too home, games, Right i'm gonna give him some respect to say that they can win two games at.
Speaker 2: Home let me say this to you, insight real. QUICK i haven't told, nobody not even.
Speaker 4: YOU i want the world to know that me and The Great Charles barkley has no beef no. More we actually talked and compensate. Yup so Because i'm sitting up there thinking, that and you know how my wife could be. Right she be on my ass if anybody and she's my ass and my. Stuff and she was, like you ever, thought what are you And barkley taking shots at each other for a?
Speaker 2: While y'all? Beefing AND i, said she, said it's just. Stupid SO i reached.
Speaker 4: OUT i reached out to our, legend our, colleague our good, Brother Michael. WIBBOARD i, did AND i, said, hey Will, bard big, bro can you put? Me can you Give barkley my? Number and telling to call me. MAN i just think it's. Stupid he put us in the group, message and he wrote this whole paragraph and, say both of y'all great friends of, mine two of my most favorite people on the Planet. Earth i'm making this introduction and maybe we could sit down and break bread and eat go to dinner In. Chicago SO i, responded, Appreciated, uh, Appreciated big Bro, charles what's, Up?
Speaker 2: Chuck what's?
Speaker 4: Up Legend? MAN i would love to sit down with you and break, bread he, Responded big. Perf, Man, hey, listen you're doing our standing. Job we shouldn't be throwing shots at each other in THE nba. Finals, Man let's link up and break. Break so we squashed that, beat that little that little beef that we. Had it wasn't nothing but some poor chops when we squashed. It that's that's. Fun that's.
Speaker 2: Fun excuse. Me it wasn't of but some hamburger. Me but we squashed.
Speaker 1: It now you if you, remember first of, all you did the wisest, thing because Nobody that's why we Call Will bond The, godfather because the ain't nobody better than bringing people together Than Will. Bond IF i have a run for office. Here he'll be my secretary Of. State that, brother THAT'S i, mean that's just who he. Is, SECONDLY i told, You i've been telling you for the last couple of. Years barkley's a good. Dude, Man barkley gonna say what he. Feels but a lot of most of the, times it's all in. Fun and if he disagrees with SOMETHING i tell, you he calls me a fool at least once a. Month at least once a. Month what are you doing? Saying but but we got nothing but love for. Him and by the, way we're looking forward to THE tnt crew coming TO. Espn. Man but, LISTEN i got to run on out of, here, MAN i gotta. RUN i appreciate The Big. Perk thanks so. Much, Man i've talked to you. Sooner, Right i'll.
Speaker 2: See you, soon and, okay see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Yeah i'll see you. Soon But i'm not rushing. It i'm not rushing. IT i, MEAN i, Mean i'm a very friendly a. Confine i'll let you latery. Man thanks a. Lot all, right, now speaking speaking of that story That Big perk just alluded, TO i got to get to another story that made headlines throughout the. Season that came to an epic conclusion On saturday night In, indianapolis and that's THE Nba basketball ON. Tnt inside THE nba and tn T Ernie, Johnson Charles, Barkley Kenny, smith And shaquille, O'Neil Shack, diesel along with The Live event, team broadcast their final Game saturday ON. Tnt it was the end of a thirty five year run of basketball ON dnt ON. Tnt, However inside THE nba will carry on next season WITH ESPN. Espn Chimmy Jimmy pataro came up with the idea to obtain the rights To inside THE nba and put it on the as is so next season and going, Forward inside THE nba will continue to be produced BY Tnt sports and, LISTEN i get the, NOSTALGIA i get the affection that you have FOR. Tnt, Listen they're an. Institution we Love Ernie. Johnson he's the, institution and the fellas are the. Fellas BUT i was so Happy saturday night that they sounded off the way that they did pay homage to all the people that they worked, with all the lives that they. Touched it's been the best basketball show on television there is no debate about. That these guys are. Phenomenal all of them are friends of, mine SO i couldn't be happier that they're coming over TO. Espn but it is important to note that they're coming over to THE espn just the, channel the same, crew the same production, team the same studio they do it. From the show IS. Theirs it's just going to air ON espn instead OF. Tnt and so while everybody was quick to write the epitaph of the show ON tnt is the big deal for them because they, had In Ernie johnson's, case a damn near forty year relationship with. Them understand, that but please know that if you're the fan, base what you've been seeing from them is what you're going to. GET espn ain't changing. Them they can't change. Them same production, team same studio In, atlanta same, personnel same. Producers it's their. Show that is what we are bringing TO. Espn it's just going to air on the. Channel but what you've been seeing is what you're going to, get if not. Better As shaq said and Even Kenny smith, said for the purposes of their last, show they. Cussed they, said we ain't fucking around were coming to do our. Thing, yeah and we can't. Wait honored to have them as colleagues AT. Espn, honored But i've known them for, many many. Years, myself Big, perking everybody else. Included whenever they need, us will be there when they don't need, us they don't need. Us it's just that. Simple we all got other jobs to. Do can't wait for them to air their show ON. Espn but what you've been seeing is what you're going to, Get so don't think it's gonna be any different coming up Shir Donald trump pardon Showing Dinny combs if convicted fifty cent of all people says hell. No i'll get into that, ahead but, first he's a producer In New York times bestselling author with a new, Book Baddest, Man The making Of Mike. Tyson i'm talking to the one Only Mark. Kriegel he's up, next right here on The Steven Night Smith. Show Don't Go. Away welcome back To Steven Nate Smith. Show my next guest is An Emmy award winning television broadcaster and journalist and A New York times bestselling author of sports. Biographies On Pete, Merrivich Joe namath And Ray boom Boom. Mancini he's out with a new, Book Baddest, Man The making Of Mike. Tyson please, welcome my. BUDDY i haven't talked to him for the long, time but it's great to see. Him the one and Only Mark kriegel is right. Here what's, up big? Time how are you? Man long? Time how you Been i'm.
Speaker 3: Good it's great to see you. Too, man the hardest working man in the sports.
Speaker 1: Business just on the, grind just on the, grind. Man let's get right to this because because there's a lot that's going. On you are a young reporter at The New York Daily news in the eighties when you were swept up in The Mike tyson. Hurricane per, Se how did y'all? Meet let's get that out the. Way how what was that?
Speaker 5: Like my First tyson assignment was shy editor me up about four in the. Morning we went up to hallm go To Dapper. Dans my whel what stap of? Dance let? Go, well but, no it's a clothing. Store go get up.
Speaker 3: There and as you, SAID i got caught up in that that.
Speaker 5: SWIRL a couple of weeks, LATER i get a call he'd torn up the place In. Bernardsville he was living With Robin gibbings right. THAT i covered his, trial covered his. FIGHTS i didn't become columnist until ninety. One you remember when we. Met we used to talk about. Basketball you were covering high schools AND.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 5: WAS i was a city side. REPORT i mean we talked about Like Fly. Williams i'd spent a lot of time In brownsville as a police. Reporter, ANYWAY i covered his, stuff but it wasn't until And i'm ashamed to say, this twenty. Twelve and he had been the villain in my column for, years both at The post and The. News wasn't until twenty twelve THAT i actually looked on him as something. DIFFERENT i covered His One man's show in preview In vegas and.
Speaker 3: It was not polished up.
Speaker 2: Yet it was still.
Speaker 3: Raw AND i listened to it and it was fully confessional and.
Speaker 5: Eviscerating BUT i found myself like holding back, tears and this is a GUY i just. KILLED i was having a bad, day like, WELL i Got Mike ties in the bash and we met right after the, show AND i told him about you, Know mitch and running around with all The robin.
Speaker 3: Craziness and he says to, me how'd that make you?
Speaker 5: Feel and he, WAS i think newly sober and a vegan that time or. WHATEVER i, said what do you, mean how to make me?
Speaker 3: Feel what was that? Like and he meant like chasing him.
Speaker 5: AROUND i thought about, it AND i thought about the the adrenaline of, it AND i told him it was like it was it was a form of getting. High and he nodded at, me not, disapprovingly but just in sort of. Recognition and to, me that was the day he became like fully human to, me not an, abstraction a, real real. Guy AND i didn't the publisher broch this, idea would you Do? Tyson BECAUSE i owed the publisher money on something, else and the publisher broached this, idea AND i was, LIKE i don't tell, NO i ain't Doing tyson because my feeling has always been whether they cooperate with me or, NOT i don't, care BUT i have to love. Them AND i didn't Love Mike. TYSON i kind of do, now BUT i didn't. Then AND i, said, NO i ain't doing My. TYSON i torn my, hamstring.
Speaker 1: So it made so what made you decide to do? It what made you decide to do?
Speaker 6: IT i thought about.
Speaker 5: HIM i WASN'T i torn my. Hamstring i'm not in my right. Mind i'm thinking about. It the god friend of mine, says you can't give money back to the publisher at your duty as a. WRITER i started thinking about WHO i was, then WHO i am, Now AND i thought about that day In vegas and what the guy had, survived and HOW i wasn't necessarily, wrong BUT i was pretty pigheaded in vain about a lot of the STUFF i wrote in the, nineties not proud of all of.
Speaker 3: It AND i started thinking about what he had.
Speaker 5: Survived ooo's, Drugs, brownsville that that whole generation of like stick up kids that were but just blown off the face of the earth by. Itself, fain he was. Faint this in a kind of way that that will kill. You that you know that Killed, elvis that Probably. Tupac, yeah But.
Speaker 1: Mark let me go, here let me go. Here we thought we've heard everything About Mike, tyson like when you talk about, drugs, fame you, know, alcohol, women whatever it. Is you, know we heard it all before in our. Eyes what is it About Mike tyson that we're gonna learn in this book that we don't already. Know considering the fact that he was an open, book he was On Front. Street in terms of the, fame we saw him doing his his his you, know like you, said In, Vegas broadway and other. Places Mike lee was producing these one man. Shows we seem to have known everything about. Him what is it that we're gonna? Learn give us a nugget of what we're gonna learn in this book that we haven't already heard About Mike.
Speaker 3: TYSON i think to be human, human.
Speaker 5: Like you, know there's there's an incredible loss there THAT i don't.
Speaker 3: Think he can never.
Speaker 5: Feel think probably the closest thing he came to filling it right. Now he got his life right With, kiki his, wife but you, know the loss of his mother was Some it was a hole he couldn't fill.
Speaker 3: The relationship with his.
Speaker 5: FATHER i think that the, idea the way that this fame was, constructed the way he was built as a, fighter.
Speaker 3: It's still relevant.
Speaker 5: Today he drew one, hundred one hundred and eight million people saw him live stream With Jake. Paul Jake paul is pretty good, promoter but he could have only done that number With Tyson the question is why why we addicted to, Him why did he come? Back why Was you, know the third act of a fighter's life is almost inevitably the tragic.
Speaker 3: One he's disproved.
Speaker 5: Everything SO i think you're going to find that that he's a human being in this and a lot of it has to do with accavating his past as an amateur as a.
Speaker 3: Kid you, know there.
Speaker 5: Are certain things that run through. This one of the first PEOPLE i spoke to was his, brother his half, brother was running back At purdue quit went off to go find. Himself really bright, guy and you could see certain things like that run through The tyson. Family, first the guy was a great. Athlete second of, all he was really really, bright and he was, searching AND i think that was that's not Unlike, tyson the other element to. IT i think that there'll never be another fighter that comes up like. This he had Literary cashier before he had street. Credit the all the, writers some of them, great some of them were like my, rabbis my, Teachers guys Like Pete hamill were so in love with Custom model that this fable custing the kid cust the model was the original trainer took him out of a juvenile at pension and saved. Him you, KNOW i think that there's something to that that deserves more, nuanced that deserves to be, well deserves to be looked at, again go, on.
Speaker 1: What do you believe or when do you believe That? Tyson in your? Eyes what was the point when we talk about him being humanized per? Se he talked about needing to be, animalistic needing to be the kind of individual that he needed to be in order to be a boxing champion in the heavyweight. Division when do you, think decide you know where his humananity is being? Shown where do you think it hit and does the book reveal? That was it the Whole Robin gibbons. Affair was it having to deal With Don? King was it the fact that he looked at his own, mortality particularly in the aftermath of losing to A Vander holyfield and Biting Evander holyfield's? Ear what was the defining moment for the transformation per se that you believe is in is In Mike tyson's head where he reached the point where he, Said, YO i CAN'T i can't be this person. ANYMORE i need to be. BETTER i.
Speaker 5: Think, look this book is the first of two. Volumes this ends with with The sphinx. Fight BUT i think it CAME i think the, reformation you, know the final blows came with losing a, daughter Marrying kiki and getting So but you talk about you, know he talks about wanting and needing to be an animal his, words not. Mine but the irony is That Custom motel was and this is this is WHY i think the history needs to be re.
Speaker 3: Examined.
Speaker 5: Huts the motto was famous for almost a theology of the.
Speaker 3: Bully how do you beat a?
Speaker 2: Bully? When?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 5: When When ali was Fighting, foreman he consulted With Custom motto and it was the mottol, said you run across the ring and you smack him in the, mouth.
Speaker 3: Hit him in the right. Hand.
Speaker 5: Okay the irony is that, cuts whether by design or it just, happened cust rays might to be a. Bully there's never been a guy that was that scare uh. SCARY i mean he was scared, too but that the way that he used a fear to inflict on other. Fighters there's as a passage in the book is a, matchmaker pretty good matchmaker named Ron, katz and he remembers early in his, career he'd have to push guys out of the dressing room in order to Fight. Tyson so somewhere along the, LINE i Mean cus the motto was famous for Making Troy patterson the youngest heavyweight.
Speaker 3: Champion Until.
Speaker 5: Mike Until Mike, tyson no one wanted anything to do With sonny. Listing but Somehow mike became The stundy listed and somehow the WAY i think people wanted A sonny listen at that, time the rules.
Speaker 3: Changed the other thing With.
Speaker 5: Cus let me just IF i could one more thing About cuss and If Mike mike pushed back on this with. Me WHEN i, said, hey maybe it's not like the smartest thing in the world to take a kid who's been in and out of spot right and put him under hypnosis and tell them you're going to be a scourge From, GOD i, go maybe that's not like the way the way to do. It AND i said to, me What cuss was asking you to do is make him live. Forever it was A faustian, bargain make make the coach. Immortal and he's and you, KNOW i think he Credits cuss was saving, him and certainly he, goes, well, well didn't. Die DIDN'T i make him? Immortal and yes he. Did my question is at what? Price at what?
Speaker 1: Price and that's a very legitimate question BECAUSE i got to ask you. This first of, all Did Mike tyson authorize this? Book so he? Did you had the like.
Speaker 5: THAT i, mean we we spoke a couple of times to get some ground. Rules he was not to.
Speaker 3: Me he was very. Generous you, know it's never been.
Speaker 5: Antagonistic and you know when people typically what would happen is people calling, me see if it's, okay so go Called. Keiky she'll tell you if it's cool or. Not and most of the time it was, yes we have the same we have the same agent as it as it. Happens but, uh, ANYWAY i to answer your, question, no but but but he was give me, everything every EVERYTHING i. Needed But that's What i'm.
Speaker 1: Wondering so if he's giving you everything that he needed that you needed to write the book on, him why wouldn't he authorize?
Speaker 5: It BUT i mean WHAT i, MEAN i didn't want to be in business with. HIM i MEAN i Don't i've never asked anyone in other, words like, like for, INSTANCE i want to do a book About Joe, nama AND i, understand like Like joe thought of it in his world as a as a licensing. Deal he wanted, money he WANTS i don't want to be in. Business maravich passed away Man, sen he cooperated. FULLY i had no expectation That Mike tyson is gonna understood retell his, life you, know For Mark, kriegle for for. FREE i just was, like, hey let's let, me let me do WHAT i got to. Do and he was, Okay and that was more THAN i could have ever. Asked totally, Understand totally. Understand Did Mike tyson.
Speaker 1: Ever speak about The Michael speaks, fight because if you, REMEMBER i know you remember, THIS i remember this THAT i believe it Was Butcher lewis the late Promoter god, rested SO i think it was. Him spinx was in the locker room crying because he had to come out and Fight Mike. Tyson But mike didn't know, that and he was punching walls because he thought That spinx, was you, know using it as a delay, tactic when in fact it Was spake was scared to death That Mike tyson never talk about that at.
Speaker 3: All, No, no it ends it ends on. That that's that's a pretty well known. Incident but.
Speaker 5: He, does he does put his, hand he does put his hand through the wall. Waiting but there was a controversy because Butch lewis started some. Stuff thought he was Getting mike's, head, okay and Butch lewis comes back there and, says. Retape he wants him to repape BECAUSE i ain't retaping.
Speaker 3: Anything I'm.
Speaker 5: God and it gets into a whole thing with The New Jersey Athletic. Commission, yeah there were there were reports That sphinx was scared by the Way spinx was, like No, Trump spinx was a, great courageous.
Speaker 1: Fighter it was a, Yeah, mark you're talking to. Me you're talking to. Me here's a light heavyweight that moved. Up but he was a natural. Heavyweight come, On, mike.
Speaker 5: No no hold, up but here's a Thick Eddie fudge had a. Plan mike fades after six. Rounds stick and, Move stick and move have to be. Disciplined and Butch, lewis the Genius city, was goes right across and Tells michael, listen, man forget that. Man you gotta get your respect. Immediately and that's What sphinx. Does and that WAS i, mean, look it was only a matter of time, anyway But sphinx runs, across tried to throw a right, hand and he just gets smoked because he went to engage. Immediately he. Listened he listened instead of listening To Eddie. Fudch you, know he might have had a shot for a little.
Speaker 1: Bit Man Mark, KRIEGEL i gotta get my glasses BECAUSE i don't see what the hell you saying in. THAT i did See fink walk over to the ring and try to Engage. Mike he looked scared from opening. TAP i, mean he wasn't on his, bike but tried to engage In, Mike Mike, tyson come on. THERE i didn't see that saying he wasn't.
Speaker 3: Scared i'm not saying he wasn't. Scared but he does go to engage, him and he, tried and he. Tried even when he tries to.
Speaker 5: Get, up he comes right back after him and he's throwing the right hand when he receives the coup de grap.
Speaker 1: Got you last? Question was? You BECAUSE i got to get ready to go AND i can't wait to see. THIS i can't wait to read this. Book i'm going to ask you this question in the, end who Is Mike tyson? Today and is he, happy.
Speaker 3: Happier than he's ever, been.
Speaker 5: Happier than he's ever, been and for the first time in his, life he's. Love that's not, that that's not anything THAT i could have. IMAGINE i think like the great. Victory and this is where people LIKE i had been his consistent you, know detractors or, haters and people who adored, him and Even mike himself could agree on he was never supposed to be long for this.
Speaker 3: World his doom was like that was the safest.
Speaker 5: Bet you, know if you're gonna Bet Mike tyson's life, expectancy you're gonna bet the Under and here he, Is he's, beloved AND i think that's that's really the beauty of the.
Speaker 3: Story and it's a destination THAT i means no ONE i know could have. Imagined.
Speaker 1: Wow Mark, Kriegel The Baddest, Man The making Of Mike tyson is out, Tomorrow june, third wherever you buy your. Books Mark kriegel's good to see, you. Man it's been a long.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 1: Man anybody you take You these are right all? Right went Only Mark kreegle right here With stephen am coming. Up Fifty fitty says there's no way in Hell Donald trump should issue apart and it's Showan Diddy combs if convicted in his federal sex trafficking and racketeering. Trial all that and. More coming up next Is stephen Asmifshow Koway welcome. Back, now let's get to the latest on Showing Diddy combe's federal sex trafficking and racketeering. TRIAL a former assistant testifying under the Pseudonym, miya was back on the stand facing cross examination for combs defense. Team, Meanwhile curtis fifty Cent jackson spoke out this weekend about the trial and any potential part In combs could receive From President. Trump fiddy went to social media following these comments From President trump Last friday when asked About diddy in the, trial take a, listen please.
Speaker 10: Backing and listen to the. Apprentice you mentioned once in twenty twelve That ditty was a good friend of yours back. Then he has since found himself in some very serious legal. Trouble that's, True would you ever consider partning?
Speaker 11: Him, well nobody's. Asked you had to be the one to, Ask, gator but nobody's, Asked.
Speaker 2: BUT i know people are thinking about.
Speaker 11: IT i know they're thinking about. IT i think people have been very close to. Asking first of, ALL i look at what's, happening AND i haven't been watching it too, closely although it's certainly getting a lot of. COVERAGE i haven't seen.
Speaker 2: HIM i haven't spoken to him in.
Speaker 11: Years he used to really like me a, lot BUT i think WHEN i ran for, politics he'd sort of that relationship busted up from WHAT i.
Speaker 2: READ i don't.
Speaker 11: Know he didn't tell me, that But i'd read some little bit nasty statements in the. Paper all of a, sudden you, know it's. Different you've become a much different person when you run for politics and you do what's. RIGHT i could do other, things And i'm sure he'd like, me And i'm sure other people would like, me but it wouldn't be as good for our.
Speaker 2: Country as we.
Speaker 11: Said our country is doing really well because of what we're, doing SO i Can't it's not a popularity, contest SO i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i would certainly look at the.
Speaker 11: Facts IF i think somebody was, mistreated whether they like me or don't like, me it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have any impact on.
Speaker 1: Me, Now here's What fitdy posted On instagram this weekend after those. Comments. Quote donald doesn't take well to disrespect and doesn't forget who chooses to go against him while working tirelessly to Make america great. Again there is no room for. Distraction he would consider pardoning anyone who was being. Mistreated Not. Diddy colmbs said some really bad things About. Trump it's not. Okay i'm gonna reach out so he knows HOW i feel about this. Guy end. Quote first of, all let me say this BECAUSE i love me some fifty. CENT i love what he's. DOING i love what he's doing On Stars power you know the Sequels PowerBook, ghosts which is my Favorite PowerBook, force Which Joseph sikora Plays Tommy. EGAN i love. THAT i love Raising. Canaan you saw WHAT i. Had you know you SAW i had the Star Patina miller's on the. Show she's. PHENOMENAL i love that. SHOW i love everything that fifty cent is, doing even though he's Still i'm sure he's gonna still make some music or, whatever BUT i just think he's. PHENOMENAL i think he's. Phenomenal his executive. PRODUCE i think he's an incredible, talent AND i think he is the kind of person you do not want against, you because this brother will troll you. FOREVER i, mean he will hit you where it. Hurts ain't no doubt about, that and he clearly has no love For. Diddy my whole point Is trump's willingness to Pardon. Ditty, potentially whatever Fifty cent feels it shouldn't be based on Whether trump What diddy has said About. Trump it should be based on Whether trump that thinks the charges against him are, excessive the crime that he's being accused, Of if he were to be committed of those federal, crimes how valid they, are and whether or not that time served comes into. Consideration that clearly is not going to be the. CASE i, mean if it's one of those situations Where President trump ended up PARDONING P. DIDDY P ditty's on trial, now he hasn't been convicted, yet he's been in jail for a few, months but with some of the things that he's been accused, of sex trafficking and, racketeering as the government continues to make its, case we got to hear what the defense has to say in response to those, allegations those, charges those assertions that the prosecution has made against. Him, ultimately if you want to look at him right, now clearly he's an individual that nobody wants to have anything to do. With when you consider the video and how it revealed how he was, abusing physically abusing his ex Girlfriend Cassie, Venturer when you hear the assistant give her, testimony when you hear the things that folks have alluded, to when you hear about the details about what he Coaxed Cassie venturer into, doing these are very, heinous disgusting, things to say the. Least i'm not going to even go into detail the hainous and, disgusting you. Know and so when you look at it from that, standpoint you, know why are you thinking about pardoning him before he's even been. Convicted let him get convicted and if he's getting if he gets, convicted let him spend some time in, jail and then after that you want to consider pardoning. Him your decision should be based on, that not on whether or not he has said nasty things about The. President and fifty, CENT i would just like to know for fifty cent, specifically what the beef is With, diddy whatever that may. BE i don't. KNOW i don't follow it like. That he does not like this. Man he feels whatever it is that he feels About. Diddy this is not my laying ladies and. GENTLEMEN i don't follow the hip. HOP i like my. MUSIC i like listening to hip, hop BUT i don't follow the storylines that come to SOCIALD i know nothing of the history between fifty cent And, diddy But diddy has me wanting to find. Out i'm, sorry Fifty cent has me wanting to find out what that history. Is because most people would just not say. Anything you unders, saying If trump says what he, says all, right no matter what their feelings, are they ain't gonna get. Involved did Fifty cent don't give a? Damn you don't give a? Damn he literally is saying he's gonna reach out To trump to Remind trump of the things that P diddy has said about him for the soul express purposes of making sure That trump doesn't hard and did he in the event That diddy gets convicted of sex trafficking and. Racketeering that's what fifty cent is wanted to. Do AND i gotta admit to, you that's. Wild Damn you know you got an enemy there when a man wanted to go out of his way to contact the, president you, know and clearly he has some kind of inroads where he can get To President, trump So President trump can hear. Him he's basically, Saying, yo, brother need to go. Down, brother need to go down and stay. Down that's what he's. Saying so if did he didn't have enough, problems having fifty cent on your ass is a. Problem that's a. Problem that's the only THING i can feel from it at this moment in. TIME i would love for Fifty cent to tell us what exactly is his disgust With, diddy other than to discuss we all feel from the videos we already, saw it would be really interesting to see. That i'm just. Saying i'm just, saying that's it for this adition to The STEVEN. A Smith. SHOW i hope you all enjoyed. IT i KNOW i. Did i'll be back at you in a couple of days AS i get set to cover THE Nba. Finals it's gonna be a doozy at LEAST i hope it will. BE i hope it goes six or seven. GAMES i hope it's no, sweep BUT i hope it's no gentleman sweep of Five. GAMES i hope it's a real, series But indiana is gonna have to show up in order for that to take. Place until, then thanks again to my Man big Perk Kinchrick perker is coming on the, show and thanks again For markriegel to coming on the show as. WELL i will be back with y'all of a couple of, days same bad, time same bad. Channel until, Then peace of love, Everybody god bless