Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Hey there everybody, and good Wednesday morning. Thanks for joining us for today's morning run. Yes, it's Wednesday, August fifth. I'm Amy Robot.
Speaker 2: You don't sound too sure about this Wednesday. Well, I was what you want.
Speaker 1: To do with it?
Speaker 3: Wednesday?
Speaker 1: It's home day and it's also what was the other Oh it was Wiener Wednesday.
Speaker 3: That's what I was trying to think.
Speaker 2: You had to bring that back.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that was the story from last Wednesday.
Speaker 2: If you're not sure what we're talking about, just look up Saint Paul Mayor and Wiener Wednesday and enjoy read. We did an episode about it as well. It was a love story. But yes, good morning, welcome on this Wiener Wednesday. I'm TJ. Holmes. We got a lot of stops to make on this morning run, including in Maryland, Michigan, Massachusetts, Miami, and Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a lot of ends.
Speaker 2: We are stopping in all those places today for some good, some bad, and even some ugly stories along the way. We're also gonna be making a stop in d See. But let's start robes. We don't know what to eat in this country, so we want to give you an update on what's happening with cyclospora, but also Robes need to inform people about another outbreak of a food born illness that we need to keep an eye on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one a little bit well known to be much deadlier than cyclospora. But health officials, yes, right now in this country still trying to track down the source of several cyclosphora outbreaks. The CDC's latest update now shows cases in forty seven states and twenty three thousand confirmed.
Speaker 3: And suspected cases.
Speaker 1: The epicenter of the outbreaks is, as we've been reporting, Michigan, and that state is reporting eleven five hundred cases, including those two deaths that made so many headlines because yes, this is not typically or hadn't been.
Speaker 3: Known to be a deadly disease.
Speaker 1: But a reminder, Taylor Farms is at least one of the confirmed.
Speaker 3: Or is it confirmed sources of the outbreak.
Speaker 1: They said they felt, but then through contact tracing all of that, they do believe that that farm in Mexico is a source of some of the outbreak.
Speaker 2: And I just want to know, Roges, we do see the numbers back to back, excuse me, back to back days in Michigan. They've been updating every day and it didn't go up by that many robes from day to day, as crazy as it sounds, it was a couple hundred maybe, So maybe things are slowing down a bit there in Michigan, even though they're still sitting at that many cases. Now we mentioned another outbreak salmonella. They're keeping an eye on a salmonella outbreak now. This one is in Minnesota and has to do with Chipotle restaurants, and that restaurant is making changes to some of those restaurants, but people who were served at restaurants in Minnesota have been identified. Now though Low's restaurants have been identified robes, it's the likely source of this outbreak. They got about one hundred and ten people at this point that have been seconds.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the company says it has replaced the problem. They've identified it Jallapanos and they are now using a product from a different grower and salmonella. I actually have had this once in my life. It is horrific, but diarrhea, cramping, fever, and you get those symptoms within about eight to seventy two hours, so it is a little bit easier for folks to trace back what it is that they ate that led.
Speaker 3: To the.
Speaker 1: Horrible symptoms that salmonella produces. So hopefully they'll get that under control quickly.
Speaker 2: But similar, right, they're similar. I guess a lot of food or nils is, you have a lot of similar issues. So now you got those states up there, everybody's keeping an eye on things up in that part of the country right now, right, which is messing with you. Now this complicates things as well. We'll continue here on this Runhino. It was primary night in five states last night, but we'll just give you an update on what, without question robes was the most closely watched high stakes race last night. It was the Democratic primary in Michigan as well. As of this recording, at least, it's still not decided.
Speaker 3: That's right, Congress.
Speaker 1: From when Hailey Stevens and Abdual Lsied were only separated by a little more than a percentage point, these two have been in an all out and very expensive slug fest for months now, as the progressive Lsied has been a head and pulling over the establishment candidate Stevens. If you've been watching television news at all, you have seen both of these folks plastered all over your screens. The winner will take on Republican Congressman Mike Rogers. And the reason why so many of these states are hotly contested and being watched so closely, this could determine the control.
Speaker 3: Of the Senate.
Speaker 2: Ah, this is going to be an interesting one and we shouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: This is always interesting. And folks different networks, they have different rules for how they call a race. There's one place that's calling this race this morning, and that's NBC News. Nobody else is. Will they say it's too close to the call, but they have gone. I think it was even in maybe one to two in the morning. They did it a while. Actually, they know something that.
Speaker 3: Other people were they saying has won Sai.
Speaker 2: It Yeah, wow, they have called it for him. But roads the last I saw, they're separated by twenty thousand votes.
Speaker 1: That seems crazy that they were willing to do that. They must have some level of confidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because networks that no one else does a decade or so ago. Stop messing around with this, and we got some.
Speaker 3: Things wrong wrong plenty of times.
Speaker 2: All right, continuing on the run here, now, let's turn to Maryland. But police, they're saying a stolen car with seven kids in it caused a fatal crash in Maryland and roads we say those seven kids. Wasn't seven kids being driven by an adult?
Speaker 3: No, that's right.
Speaker 1: The stolen kieu was full of kids between the ages of twelve to fifteen, including the driver.
Speaker 3: When it slammed into that Toyota.
Speaker 1: This happened in the middle of an intersection, and unfortunately, the driver of that Toyota died at the scene, and all those seven kids were also injured, including the driver who is in critical condition.
Speaker 3: What a sad and just unnecessary situation.
Speaker 2: They didn't reveal the age of the driver robes in this, but this is one where the police in their press conferences, their releases, and their interviews are saying, parents, know where your kids are? Yeah, that was it, parents, that where many kids are? That many kids? And the car was reported stolen hours after the accident, so someone didn't realize as the car was gone. Oh my goodness, that's a mess. There continue on the run. Let's head back to DC now in this mess with Max Miller. The House Ethics Committee has now opened an investigation into the embattled congressman, and Miller says robes. He is the one that requested this ethics sevestigation.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you heard that right.
Speaker 1: The Republican two term congressman is facing serious allegations of domestic violence from multiple women, including his ex wife, who also happens to be the daughter of Senator Bernie Moreno. Miller, who was running for a third term in Ohio, has denied the allegations against him and said he asked for the investigation in the hopes of clearing his name.
Speaker 2: This thing is getting uglier and messier. And that isn't today's Wednesday. Today's the deadline, right, if they were going to replace.
Speaker 1: Him on the ballot, yes, so bye. And he has made it very clear he's nowhere. He is going to stay in it till the end. And so yes, we will see the voters will decided perhaps that is the best course of action.
Speaker 2: You know, what hell of an interview yesterday we saw him start to finish on CNN And how many minutes of that thing go? Fifteen plus minutes.
Speaker 1: At least live longer interviews I've seen in recent days or in recent years.
Speaker 3: Actually on a network.
Speaker 1: But look, I did say, no matter what you think of what he said, he did keep his cool the entire time under some pretty intense questioning at Jake Teppert, but.
Speaker 2: Just being willing to sit there and answer. I mean, what option does he have now? It's some awful stuff out there about ooh, continuing on the run. Here now and this will be quick. We have an update on the war with Iran. Secretary of State Marco Rubio says progress is being made in the talks. Aron says there are no talks going on in President Trump says he's going to hit Iran very hard if the straight of horror moves isn't opened very soon. That really is the update. So do with that what you will, but that is what's happening. And now Iran and Oman are apparently having conversations about opening the straight over moves without the US being involved in that at all. So that is your update, and whatever you think about it. Robes investors certainly feel a certain way about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they actually seemed hopeful about a piece deal. The Dow did gangbusters yesterday. This is a crazy number, rising nine hundred points to close at an all time high. This move came after Treasury Secretary of Scott Pasant signaled that a deal to reopen.
Speaker 3: The straight of horror moves was just days away.
Speaker 1: And so not just the DOW we're talking about, the NASDAC and the SNP also went up sharply. So they may know something that the rest of us don't, or they're.
Speaker 2: Just tired of the bat, just tired of hearing about it. And now the reports of the US is severely depleted in its stockpile of munitions, of missiles. We're running out of bullets, so that there's almost this idea that there is no appetite for and might not even be enough equipment for US to do some full scale war.
Speaker 3: Now that's not what the president is saying or will.
Speaker 2: Ever continue on the run. Here now another scary situation involving a man with a gun on a Trump property. Listen to this. A man had ammunition in his pocket and a gun in his car and he was taken into custody at that Trump property in La. This was that a golf course actually, and police say it looked like robes. The guy was casing the joint.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're talking about thirty eight year old Janine John Teal. He was allegedly taking pictures and video of the security set up on a golf course and that was two days before President Trump's visit, which by the way, went off without a hitch last night, so no issues whatsoever. But police say that the man had a loaded gun in his car as well as hollow point bullets.
Speaker 2: That is scary, and they found they went to his house, they found more and more weapons, and they found a badge. This is disturbing. They have an image of it, a fake badge and it says Security Protection agent on it.
Speaker 1: Oh, so he was potentially going to be mimicking some sort of security officer to get Are.
Speaker 2: We really talking about another possible assassination?
Speaker 3: That's certainly what it sounds like. Wow, all right.
Speaker 1: Next up on the run, Todd Blanche is a step closer to officially becoming the next Attorney General of the United States.
Speaker 2: At this point, he's earned it. I mean, my god, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: The Senate Judiciary Committee finally voted to advance his nomination to that full Senate.
Speaker 3: Vote, and the committee vote did twelve to ten along party lines. Now, what are the margins in the full Senate?
Speaker 2: They thought he was okay because he needed to make sure just three Republicans he could lose three Republicans. He lost one because Susan Collins says she's not.
Speaker 3: Going to Jess McConnell ain't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Robe, it's a little dicey, didn't the break starts Friday?
Speaker 1: When yes, I believe tomorrow Thursday is their last day before they break.
Speaker 3: So we have to see a vote either today or tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I continuing on the run here now. Day six of the Lindsay Clancy trial was an eventful one, but a lot of the events robes were taking place before testimony even began. This, I mean, this is going to be a hell of a trial because every day there's been something there certainly has.
Speaker 1: So the thirty five year old mom who has yes already admitted to strangling her three young children to death, agreed at the beginning of court yesterday to stipulate to some of the facts that prove that case, and specifically they're talking about just change of command and how evidence has been collected. They're not going to be going after the process because they already admit that she in fact did kill her children, and the hope is that we'll save the court some time in both witnesses and cross examination.
Speaker 2: Of course, Clancy is pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, blaming postpartum psychosis for the murderers and her attempted suicide. The prosecution first called an emergency room surgeon yesterday who examined Clancy when she was rushed to the hospital. She testified that her self inflicted neck and wrist wounds were superficial. That was before the defense got ahold.
Speaker 1: Of her yes, yes, Then defense attorney got her to admit that yes, in fact, Lindsay Clancy's injuries were a level one, which was the highest, and she had to be transferred.
Speaker 3: She codd after she moved to the other hospital.
Speaker 1: So he was establishing, Okay, this woman died actually and had to be revived.
Speaker 3: This was the way they talk about superficial womd.
Speaker 2: But this was the lady who also had to admit that she had to be a part of the team that decided that she was bad enough that she needed to be transferred somewhere else, right, correct, But her injuries were so severe she needed help somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Let's just say the defense made inroads with that witness. That was a testy exchange back and forth. They also called to state troopers to the stand to talk about evidence collected, including the many prescription drug bottles, but the big thing the prosecution wanted to point out that many of the pills were left inside those bottles. Three toxicologists also took the stand. They talked about what was in Lindsey Clancy's blood and urine benzo diazepines that are used to treat insomnia and anxiety. But the defense got in she didn't have drugs, she didn't have alcohol, she didn't have cannabis in her system.
Speaker 3: That was of note.
Speaker 2: You know what, I did enjoy the exchange the blood pattern, the bloodstained expert. I didn't realize they were making the point here the prosecution is trying to say that she didn't really jump out the way right.
Speaker 3: That she lowered herself down, didn't.
Speaker 2: The defense attorney at some point, so y'all saying, she's spider Man now, and.
Speaker 1: He's like and if she Spiderman down the wall, wouldn't there be like a blood smerr all the way down? And yes, the blood pattern or the blood stained pattern analysts had to acknowledge that, yes, that would be the case.
Speaker 2: And there was that was not.
Speaker 3: That case on the air, not in evidence.
Speaker 2: If you all want to see some hellodrama. Watch this defense attorney and how he goes about his work. He is he is something to see. We'll stay with us on this Wednesday Morning run. When we come back a really concerning call about a celebrity blogger who was live streaming self harm. We'll explain this really terrifying story and one we need to be paying attention to. Also. Tonight is Wednesday night. Somebody could get really, really rich.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to your Wednesday Morning Ron. This is a tough story.
Speaker 1: I think pretty much everyone is familiar with celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, and some of us have been on the receiving end of some of his snarky comments that he puts up online. But he was rushed to the hospital yesterday after police were alerted to a disturbing live stream.
Speaker 3: I had to make sure I read this correctly. This is beyond scary.
Speaker 2: This was on. This is a TikTok live stream. I do believe it has been taken down officially, but a lot of the videos robes are still making the rounds online. But Hilton appeared to be covered in blood and he was cutting himself repeatedly in this live stream, it was apparent orly suggested by anybody watching that he was having Robes a mental crisis. He was in crisis of some kind. But this is at his home in Miami. The Sheriff's office that they received multiple calls, so they sent deputies out and they tried to make contact, but the Robes. They said they took a position of de escalation because they didn't want him to harm himself further. But there were no other people in the house and nobody else harmed. They said his family was on scene as well, but eventually got him into a hospital and being treated. Now, but this is just stuff, that's scary stuff, and rose so much of this. We need to talk about this later on, do an episode about it because there's so much online about self harm that's romanticized in such a way. Did Yeah, this is important to pay attention to right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean, look, it's awful that all of those videos are out there, but honestly, thank god, it was a cry for help, a very public cry for help, and he got it, and we hope he continues to get the help he needs. All right, And for the final leg of the run, we did go out as promised and get a powerful I mean I almost like wanted to put it on the record yesterday that we were going to get a Powerball ticket, so that when we walked by and we almost had, we hesitated, We're.
Speaker 3: Like, do we want to go?
Speaker 2: No, that was me that was being.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I let's go in and get the ticket.
Speaker 2: And then once we got in there we.
Speaker 3: Had to wait for it.
Speaker 2: It was delay.
Speaker 3: It was bizarre. I've never seen this before.
Speaker 1: There was a woman who was working at the grocery store who painstakingly took ten minutes to cut out the plastic wrapping on some eye drops for a customer, and it.
Speaker 2: Was take I actually left the store and left Ropedon's.
Speaker 3: Like I'm done. I've never seen that before.
Speaker 1: It was very kind of her, but she just took forever. And by the way, I love my eye drops. I understand it takes forever to take that plastic wrapping off the top. But yes, we did get our ticket and we're in it to win it. Seven hundred and eighty six million dollars is the jackpot tonight, three.
Speaker 2: And forty one point six million would be the cash payout. Clearly, that's the way we would go obviously, so we would go. But yes, good luck, it's happening tonight. I haven't had a winter since early May, and so that's why it's gotten up to this now.
Speaker 3: All right, very exciting.
Speaker 1: All right, on this Wednesday, we will leave you with this quote of the day. You know, I like to throw in a h A philosopher an a philosopher.
Speaker 3: I got Marcus really is he's my favorite.
Speaker 1: I really think he's You call them all your favorites, yeah, but him. I do have a couple of Buddhist monks, so I like to but he's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Favorite, of course. See, but I don't feel better because everybody's your favorite.
Speaker 3: No, they're not.
Speaker 1: All right, Here we go. Every morning you inherit a new life. Every evening you return one. Make sure it's worth more than what you received.
Speaker 2: Oh man, mad you think that's too.
Speaker 1: Difficult every morning, but I like the idea. Every morning you inherit a new life, and then every evening you return one. Well, as you go to bed, make sure it is worth more than what you received.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you should do more, is what you're saying. You should have sent some way contributor or improved the thing that started that morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is just your life, your experience. It's a gain. So what do you do with it each day? If you think about it in those terms, you actually say, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To value what I've been given, and it's going to increase in value because of what I'm going to do with it in these hours as we wake up.
Speaker 3: It's a good reminder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's good you took over. The quotes were very short and didn't make people think that hard.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll have a fun, silly one tomorrow, all right and without everyone.
Speaker 3: Thanks for running with us.
Speaker 2: I made me wrote and I'm dj ol well Roman Chelsea in