Speaker 1: In Benevo podcast Those Commanders Espanolio Lenares yoso I Juan Romeo is Sam Howe, Mariscal de francisia Oeta Fensa.
Speaker 2: Delos egos Domingo.
Speaker 1: That so a star Ablo, Let's go baby, Hello, Hello, Hello, being Benitos Lost Commanders podcast. I'm your host along my guy Juan Romeo. Yes, this is a bilingual podcast. Who are we to begin with? Because people don't know they haven't seen us before, introduce yourself on.
Speaker 2: Or people who don't know us. We are the Spanish broadcast team for the Washington Commanders. Timolo parts espanol A travel the iHeart Radio it being a traversed the web. They lost Washington commanders.
Speaker 1: And for many people who are not familiar with us, is a NUIs sixta colos Commanders in Arabio claro one fanaticos fanantico they lost commanders.
Speaker 2: Lifelong lifelong fan here of Washington football, those commanders ready for another year? Anno the.
Speaker 1: Commanders and one do you remember when you first became a commanders fans? This is thetico. They lost commanders in Washington.
Speaker 2: Then Ria primer querdo they lost commanders said super Bowl the Mino, Doug Williams, Doug Williams right love puest. I saw it afterwards, but the actual game, I don't remember it, but I remember the celebration. We went to go drop off a family member that watched the game with us at our house. We dropped them off the metro station. Fireworks going off everywhere, you know, cars on fire, like thee Yes the Lost Commanders of Washington Football and yes sentences did they fanactic?
Speaker 1: Man, We're trying to get back to that point Momentos the gloriac on the camp being Sokayo looking for me storia. Growing up in south central l A. I was. I was a kid when the Raiders left town and the Rams left, so you really had no team and you were just rooting for whoever was the best team, being Los Angeles. They came, they say, right, right right, and it was just it was a passionate, you know, time in life on the other here okay Porte in me, in me for Americana and tons Cris Juanda football oviamine see and my neighbors they love the fact that I was fast.
Speaker 2: Hey you little running back, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Like the running back. That's what you're gonna play. So I was running back really fast because I came from that soccer background. And then I just fell in love with the sport. And I'm like, all right, I love I like the sport. I love it. I love the sport and just the same way we liked soccer and basketball and uh baseball, and but football.
Speaker 2: Was was right there. What was your first memory or your first interaction with Washington football.
Speaker 1: I remember watching it on TV. I remember watching some of the quarterbacks that passed, you know, I remember watching Dean Sanders coming to d C. Right, yeah, so I'm just paying attention. I always liked the n f C is for some reason.
Speaker 2: And but when you moved into the area, okay, first.
Speaker 1: Record r G three three, Yeah, that's that's the year that I came in. I came in when RG three was coming into town, and I said, wow, who's this guy. I'm seeing him at Baylor and seeing some of his highlights, but I never thought he was going to be that gud In Brando Cipo repenteas you know, playoffs, your reporter Mundo Local Mintey, the okay ter the said Joe.
Speaker 2: They started.
Speaker 1: The Contara Historia Lepo por c recud.
Speaker 2: Del pais.
Speaker 1: Instaria and Americano and Americano Intento to format the part projecto Intendo, tral Football Americano and Latina perro del rio and in a quills lafi a lista port.
Speaker 2: So you know, in in I mean al Kiperdueno, la misura and sances jack Vando Venio panel, I mean Henero productor commentarista, the Latra mission and panels mildose r G three Mania fan normal fan ali asta are a party of Casa p RG three Washington your Jero, okay, look regres Aurita, Jackie i Uello. You know momentum, positive, momentum, aurita quoatina. I've seen now the Washington all Washington.
Speaker 1: Fans, and I think it's important to highlight the following because we talk about it a lot, and some of my colleagues often asked me and they said, well, where did you learn football? Like you recently asked me, right, do Latinos like football? And I said, look, man, we have a first generation, second generation. I think we're going into our third generation of fans that grew up they were born in the US who love football. I'm an in the Football Americano a lang Inglesi Epanol, lincant Porte estai semana lobemos and FedEx Field forty two. Shout out to you guys, always supporting, always there over twenty years. So for me, I think.
Speaker 2: Growing up here in the late eighties and the nineties, you know, football was everywhere, right, you know, that's the only thing that you can see, even if you know, in my dad's case, he was a soccer fan first, but he was dominated over here by the the Washington football team. Listening to it on the radio on TV. He got and he understood the game when he came because that's the only thing that was on right now. If you come from Salvas, Mexico, South America, you can see your soccer from your home country here. You know, before you couldn't. You can see soccer from Europe here anytime you want. Before you couldn't. So now the NFL, the NFL, I think, is doing a good job of trying to make sure that they don't lose those fans that probably would automatically become NFL fans and try to attract them more. I think that's what they're trying to do with you know, Iver celebrating Hispanic Heritage.
Speaker 1: Month, sayo, the d m VOS, the DMV SO Latinotino socialistl and all of a sudden, we just transitioned and we're speaking English, and that's it's annoying. Yeah, it's just like you're going back and forth and you're like, all right, this is how we talk. And sometimes when I'm working professionally, I try to cut it. I'm like, you know what, maybe it's not that great of an idea to go from English to Spanish, but I feel like that's part of who we are.
Speaker 2: It slips into the broadcast, you know, the broadcast that we do, uh for those who are wondering, we do the Spanish broadcast on iHeart Radio also on the link here on the Commander's home page, like we mentioned in the beginning, but we try to keep it like probably Spanish. YEAHL s implement is isanel is I'm being can be out of the englishel.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that I have trouble with sometimes as the play by play announcer, is the fact that terminology right, NFL has their terminology in Spanish, but usually that terminology is very lat in America, very Mexico. So the bilingual listener here probably doesn't understand h pretty many ideas. We're used to the first down no matter what, even if we're listening in Spanish.
Speaker 2: First down, my dad, my dad who's like, you know, he knows a little bit of English, first down, touchdown to the English, and.
Speaker 1: My touchdown hasn't changed. It's the touchdown. And people often ask me what's touchdown in Spanish? I know that's young, but I'm not gonna say I know that's your I'm like, nah, let's just keep it touchdown.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you definitely you have a point there with the terminology. I think for us as as broadcasters, we study, you know, maybe Spanish games on that are national on TV, and you you kind of think that maybe maybe I should use that with our broadcast. But then you're like, no, I think maybe we could just keep it. In general, it's easier just keep the English term sometimes.
Speaker 1: All right, man, we've gotten to know each other a little bit better. You guys didn't know us. You know a little bit about us now. Then now when you hear us, you're going be like, oh, those are the Spanish guys. Yeah, they're pretty cool. We heard them on the podcast.
Speaker 2: So looking to see us at FedEx Field too. They see us announcing the game. They're down in the seats below and they're like, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true season. Man, this season. We we've been here for a while, we've seen the good and the bad. But this season the team starts to and o bensas tickets to keep welcome.
Speaker 2: And I had the expectation that we could start to and oh, I think the way that we did it Aberto conta Arizona complete co and the fourth quarter, but uh partill I in denversio. You know, he said, no, it's it's.
Speaker 1: The time Arizona.
Speaker 2: So the time on Randol Partio it's time. Okay, like she shot, you know, like how could this team be down this much so early? But then they rallied, they came back, they got the dub.
Speaker 1: But now you know, but Arizona beat the Cowboys. It's the keep arisona I mean research see any keep complete card.
Speaker 2: Was yeah, and I don't know, you're yeah, it's a good team in Arizona, better than we thought at least. But you know this last week versus Buffalo, obviously it didn't go our way. Things snowballed. I think for the team, bad things happened, then another bad thing happens, then all of a sudden, you get to the fourth quarter, you're still only down two scores, but then you know this.
Speaker 1: But I think if we're being ever being realistic, I think we we got excited. We were hoping that we went through and know for the first time in almost twenty years, that would have been great. But the reality is the Buffalo Bills are an amazing team. The game that's one four they've have. They have four seasons with ten or more wins, so that itself tells you the story.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Ron Rivera said it afterwards that you know you're not going to beat a team like Buffalo when you're self inflicting yourself. When you're fumbling, you're turning the ball over, you're not scoring when you get down to the goal line. That's all self inflicted wounds, which hopefully, I agree, hopefully they are.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the way that we lost, that's that's a fact. But I think it was one of those games where I figured, Okay, we could probably lose this game because that's a great team. I just expected a better I get I think.
Speaker 2: The score yeah, the score get out of hand. You know, Gibson fumble at the end was him trying to make a play because we were down big. You know, then how with that awful interception at the end and the fourth quarter that's pick six.
Speaker 1: There's the chat on but basically so peo pinzo case party, the la prendisa, the qipo, it's the party, no sola mente party lad the quarterback samhow no maris cal paractica minto n f look see partio buffaloes. Question starts ballone, she starts over the over the pensando po pinco dio coach rivera prendiento, isla juega see partio mata.
Speaker 2: A Jacoby como l prindoestoelda como est question. You know, what's the lesson that he can learn from this defeat? And he kept them in there. I think, you know, obviously the defensive pressure of Buffalo was definitely getting to him. I think Buffalo came with the perfect game plan of how to confuse him in coverage, and I think it was just a bad recipe. And hopefully, you know, he'll bounce back, he'll learn from this. He says he's ready to learn. He's his own worst critic, so we'll see that.
Speaker 1: That added to this all there. Man, if there's something I love about Sam Howe, the guy, he's a Stone Coles killer his face and he's just like, yeah, I'm gonna learn from this, and you know the son's going to come out tomorrow. And that's what you want to see when you have a certain quarterback.
Speaker 2: But no phil that Monday Night football Philadelphia, when the people discipline. Now an offense with Jalen Hurts, he's a weapon, you know, air or via ground. So it's gonna be a tough task for for for the commanders. But like I said, I think they learned from this last game. The almost they're gonna you know, rally, they're gonna come together. They're gonna make it happen. I think in Philadelphia at least to make sure that you know it's gonna be a good game.
Speaker 1: Divisional Paso, those commanders Philadelphia, they go to Philadelphia, they come back with a win. It was a huge win for Washington. Why not do it again? The weapons are there, Okay, it's gotta it's not got a knock on Fancia Johan Dodson. He's still up for a big game. It might might be his game. This might be the time. Terry McClone is always there.
Speaker 2: So I'm not in Philadelphia. I mean its Leandalo being aos A. They're more vulnerable to the past right now. Rather than the rush game that where we dominated last year was more a rushing team effort. This year they're they're pretty much good on defense against the rush, a little bit more susceptible via air. So we'll see. We'll see what Eric Bienemy has in store for for the Commanders on offense this this week.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna show some nice some nice things. He's gonna start opening the playbook. Boom, let's go, Johan Deep. Curtis Samuel had a nice play last game.
Speaker 2: He saw him like beautiful, right, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 1: That left flank and you see him just burst out with speed and I'm like, that's the guy that I want to see right.
Speaker 2: Definitely, hopefully we can see that this week in Philly.
Speaker 1: Okay, KOs Alfinel the El Primier Episodio. This is the podcast poke Ing and Mucho mass Is The Keepo, The lo Commanders, The Washington Temporat and p n F cosas manco rindo se mana quatro, mano semana quattron mana almos. This is ye see this is tempora temp yes mana quatro.
Speaker 2: Just who.
Speaker 1: T is the is the keep the commanders coo is alfinelle la campaign mustres the Loeno lomalo your final.
Speaker 2: Pins Loueno de mostrado is the resilient. You know your battalion preport escort. Oh yes, tampando san luceando lovimos, the part contra buffalo luciando steal finale your cake, so by the mostar al finale Campagna and those those you know primo qipos hopefully para king playoffs lomalot Momento you creke avan rest Fenciva lake Kok. Brian Robinson's due for a big year this year, and I hope that he gets the chance to do that this season. Playoffs. But see see your.
Speaker 1: Croke, you've been Sotnia Gallo's playoffs. Oh yeah, camp perfecta, Patios class.
Speaker 2: Donalds case is sam House solus quart partillo bartillo a long bet cap And then I said your crooke Alesta, but the most start lesson when quarterback and estalia is he holding coach, So justinare our lot prendiendo ala.
Speaker 1: Casa okay ask you la parte fortes te kipo mostly says of premier quatro defencios in le cous and terroor falta ke lo pung and and partio partio consistencia the round page nathan al and avendro camlo teris he lost alas defensio on manty sweat he chase young kwando stan como and duelo contra los broncos dember when there the interest defense c.
Speaker 2: I can see pressa and the quipos youkquest pressa. He's consistent every year, pro you kind of forget about him. It's knd of fuller, kendo fuller at wuena campagna nice nice, that's cribendos over ni les creto to exception on contra buffalo pero, elastao is solio and tollo partillo. Your crooque is the juando momento.
Speaker 1: Is you know on the problem is you know Mickey vocals, You know Mickey endlo numerals. The kend of fuller in al patio cons buffa lok o a mine blur finale lo Karen SnO basis per una reception theys like fictive kin cando faller interception tambien, and Tom says, but I mean claro conjes who is in the things appplos commanders in Washington and Secondari receiving Creato, semo pro machando bien pro is the Washington Your.
Speaker 2: Crooke Seiendo like a lost endo porgia jaqui in Washington, Ionostaansas City, tabing a clans Betteranos was my intelligent in Washington, Para los in the second.
Speaker 1: Area at land in Factory, in portant Compania.
Speaker 2: Param is Colled Turner, you crooke lat As quantas receptionists and Pocao Astar Momento he is pocalas bassist to the l PA long as manos he drops no solido lesta brendiendo is rapios belows pa eocroke alfinale de la campaign.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we still have time. What's the minute right now? We're still good? Okay, Well let's keep it going, maybe because I still have a lot of things to talk about. Look, I agree with you. I think that this team has They're on the upside, right, They have all this room for growth and they've been growing the past couple of years. I think they have to put it together. We talk about the defense. It's the strongest, for me, the best part of the team. I'm not saying the offense isn't good, but the offense still has room for growth. I think the defense has to lead in like giving.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about not just money, but we're talking about, you know, draft capital on your defensive side of the ball. That's who you think. I think you want to be the example, the leader on the field. As far as the unit that's you know, getting the headlines. I think you know obviously obviously offenses usually get the attention. There, the glamorous there there, they get all the highlights. But I think this defense has the potential to be one of the top five in the league.
Speaker 1: Defensa is like likely. There are sins comensadoom capital. In the case draft Premier Rondez in in Lina defensiva polta tosstern kestan directo Chase Young importante theos FE.
Speaker 2: Case.
Speaker 1: It restores that com Panga and contravel mostro pas partio primo para pins okay see Chase Imantes. When Combert and he said Duo Mostro son and kept Brown and port in normal. There is approxim embarioste lombre program.
Speaker 2: I say it's those Commanders podcast.
Speaker 1: Those Commanders podcast. What I say is a lombred.
Speaker 2: Comments. Don't know paying lost on the other program.
Speaker 1: Your pinky podcast as parkins. Yeah, you have around a section comments of the Locals podcast claro a penal helmere capito pizzolio Lokay. Here's the podcast Prendino cos le jendo documentarios being the Avlando ferentel proposito podcast. Par la Vincia Latina bi lingue, the d m V, the st Nidos and tambien un t is a insights, the intro Las installais, the Commanders that Washington and ashpron Brkinia.
Speaker 2: See Tamo hockey keremos quest see a crescento siendo no solo alo solo and la presentia the contindo Latino traves the Socialist the de Loos commanders, I mean the la we the Loos commanders. You crooke stando stelos commanders para Arkansas and.
Speaker 1: See oke is tamos Cristian juntos in portante par Latina lohenn tramos Semanatramanna, Creve Traves, the Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Tom says is the para comments are isom car ali Latina, the Loos Commanders, the Washington Pamo, cristiando in portant documentary and perk keep uspie amos the cord of numerous you know the quarter because l being sinco perspicion is the pana and Tom says this the o norm c Jantes, the the quina Atlante proposito Proposito is Darley and strasion contendo in suioma lowelio la parte lingue we bilinguis. We wanted to do something different. And that's the point. You have a bilingual podcast. And I got Michael Jordan said, you missed one hundred percent of the shots you don't take, So why not.
Speaker 2: Eagles see Washington PARTI.
Speaker 1: Fact Washington somehow bounce back game. Yeah, it's gonna blow him out. I mean, why not. Probably not blow him out, but he's gonna he's gonna he's gonna make the right the right passes, He's gonna make the right decisions. And I I think for the first time this is not just me blowing smoke for the first time. And I there anybody who's watching this answer, when was the last time you had so much faith in the quarterback, a young.
Speaker 2: Quarterback right to bounce back, Yeah, to bounce back?
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, then I believe that he can do it right. I Kirk Cousins might have been the last guy that we saw Kirk Cousins solid quarterback, But before that, we went through before and after we went through a cycle of like changing at the court, changes at the quarterback position every other game, whether it was injuries, not not performing into your pins, Sam how I.
Speaker 2: Sell parati to this and controls to quarterback.
Speaker 1: Seela menel stah inclusion no universitar this issue ones calaro noe perfecto in quarterback is sale the premieresta conbertista and monstraloe to past Laida katinel braso ento.
Speaker 2: Us prince.
Speaker 1: But being so Okayna crescendo a poet Conti and Mariscali camp you know pros.
Speaker 2: I went cambioso. Mariscali. I can say I'll miss mom Campagna and much tempo. Washington, the Western and as the television. I think we need that. I think we need a little bit of consistency at the position for me El Patio versus Philly. I think if if we can make it a low scoring game, I think that would be that would be crucial.
Speaker 1: And I think then we have the defense to do it. I think it's going to chase, you know.
Speaker 2: Chasing Montest, setting the edge, you know, versus this for metal rushing attack. Yeah. So I think they're gonna They're gonna have some big games.
Speaker 1: I like it, man. I think it's gonna be a good game. I think it's gonna be a competitive game. I don't expect a game like the one against the Bills. It's a competitive it's a close game like things. But to Malanta Masmos, somebody is up for a big game, whether somehow, whether it's Johann Dodson, whether it's Terry McLaurin, it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a big game. Partillo de Washington, a espanel travel on the iHeartRadio The Los Washington Commanders, lenais Juan Romeo.
Speaker 1: One more than before wealy October fifth, his Panic Heritage Night at FedEx Field. We forget I'm jumping ahead a game, but loose Commanders versus Los also lose Bears.
Speaker 2: The Bears Thursday night football prime time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, that's a big game.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a big game.
Speaker 1: People have been asking about the commander shirts.
Speaker 2: Definitely the loss those Commanders. I think there's a special on the Commander's website if you buy tickets for for Hispanic Heritage and now you can get that t shirt there. So definitely, definitely it's almost better.
Speaker 1: And or l.
Speaker 2: In Torento and broadcast Suite. We hope to see that. And if you see us there, say hello, Say hi, how I was supposed to know you? You now know us? He said, our faces you can say hi.
Speaker 1: I agree. I mean we're ready, man. I'll see you on Sunday, all right, And well I'm seeing you on Sunday, and then I'm.
Speaker 2: Seeing that Thursday Philly, going to Philly.
Speaker 1: All right? Cool sounds good man. All right, So the invitation is set. You have an invitation to listen to the show to the game on Sunday Domingo Radio and ifanel el Broximo Juez lokatele FedEx Field par latinas la nia ispana gongezo when finale is the pretty made episode of They Lose Commander's podcast. Hopefully we have a lot more.
Speaker 2: Share it here, let your friends know from part time Loose Commanders podcast here on the Washington Commanders Feed all right Man, the SMOs