Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy.
Speaker 3: Speculation and advice.
Speaker 2: Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com. Here's your host, Paul Jargian.
Speaker 4: We are limping into week number eleven.
Speaker 1: It's Fantasy Football Weekly, an injury ravaged edition. I am Paul Jarchi and co hosts say are Matt Harrison and Brian Johnson.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I'm not injured, are you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: No, my heart hurts for my various teams with Mark Andrews, of which there were several, okay, And I had Joe Burrow in a couple, I had Jamar Chason a couple of y Yeah.
Speaker 5: You don't. You don't get the limp wrists a whole lot. No, you don't get it comes to Joe Burrow. No, those who don't know it sounds.
Speaker 1: Season over for Joe Burrow, for Mark Andrews, and before we dive into the matchups and three tough questions and take a chance on me and premature speculation. I think we're still gonna have starting grades on Jamar Chase Joe Mixon. They're just not gonna be a's and b's, They're gonna be sees. I think Jake Browning looked okay, m.
Speaker 4: Hmm, passable.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's not the worst quarterback in the league. That's Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 6: So oh.
Speaker 7: I got a new nickname for him, the Cutlet King, the Cutlet King.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: So maybe I don't know it's sad, but I don't think. I don't think there's zero value.
Speaker 4: Left in those guys in that.
Speaker 1: Offense, and I think there's there's gonna be some There's gonna be some angles there.
Speaker 7: You would think that with Browning coming in, he's going to focus more often on Jamar Chase. Yeah, some backup quarterbacks tend to do that. They get there will be and they just go to that first read more often.
Speaker 1: I'm Jake Browning trying to carve out, like you know, some career in the NFL, and I have Jamar Chase.
Speaker 4: I could throw two. I'm doing it. Yeah, why not? Why not? Let's dive into the matchups.
Speaker 1: Arizona takes on Houston, Brian, Let's get right into it here. We had the return of James Connor last week, Houston's been a very good overall defense and better against the run this year than last year. Like the worst run defense in the league. They're not half bad this year. What do you think of James Connor?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you set me up quite nicely there. Connor came back last week, like you said, saw eighty four percent of Arizona's running back carry saw an eighty percent snap rate in the red zone. So the belcow is back in James Connor. But like you said, charge it's a bad matchup, but at worst it's neutral. Opposing backs are averaging just seventy four rushing yards per game against Houston, but they are averaging five catches and Houston has surrendered three running back touchdowns over their last two games. So I have a c on James Connor. A word to the passing game. I'm starting with Trey McBride. Why not who I've dubbed now Trey McBride or die I like it a portray McBride this week last week, the first Cardinals tight end to have one hundred yards receiving any game.
Speaker 6: Since nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 4: What sounds not accurate? Really?
Speaker 6: The Internet told me this, So.
Speaker 4: I think I gave him an A grade last week too. TJ. Hockinson did it the first half of last week.
Speaker 5: So over the last three weeks, and this is with three different quarterbacks for Arizona, Josh Jobs Clayton Tune Clayton.
Speaker 4: Turned through for fifty eight yards. A lad A lad, I'll ass.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, sorry, I was like, I'm I'm a lad Aladdin.
Speaker 5: But McBride over the last three weeks with those three different quarterbacks, it's a first read target share, so he was the first read on his targets more than thirty percent of the time, which is massive for context. Travis Kelcey leads all tight ends on the season with a roughly twenty eight percent first red target share and the Texans allowing seven catches sixty four yards per game to opposing tight ends. They've sitt undered three touchdowns to the positions are to the position over their last three So the A from McBride my favorite option on the pass game.
Speaker 4: I will mention this is a double sounder here.
Speaker 1: Trey McBride was a premature speculation player on this show about I don't know five six weeks ago, so hopefully you took action.
Speaker 5: He's top five tight end moving forward might be top three. With the Mark Andrews injury over to the wide receivers, I'm only giving a starting grade to Mark. He's Brown for those who forgot. Brown got off to an awesome start last year with Kyler Murray as his quarterback. Before Brown got hurt, he was a top ten wide receiver. A lot has changed since then in Arizona, including the head coach. But I like Brown this week, even though I only caught one pass on four targets last week with Kyler Murray back, but they just missed on what could have been a thirty plus yard touchdown to this week. Over the last four games, the Texans are allowing more than two hundred yards per game to wide receivers. So I got to see on Brown, but I can't go there with Ryan del Moore or Michael Wilson there on the bench. They're like DFS starts this week, but Kyler.
Speaker 6: Murray is not.
Speaker 5: I'll give I'm a starting grade of the Sea. He looked pretty good last week against Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I thought he looked so much better than I ever would have drowned. It looked if you'd have picked up if you just showed me Kyler Murray's play from last week. Without knowing the context, I would have guess I could have guessed it was any any game of his whole career. Did not look at all like first game off.
Speaker 7: He thought I was nuts for giving him a starting grade last week.
Speaker 5: Geez, come on, Charch just the softest of starts. This week he gets at the Sea. It's a tougher matchup on the road in Houston. The Texans rank eighth and pass coverage by Pro Football Focus and first and pass rush win rate, which means Murray will be under duress most of the day. But Houston also allowing an average of one passing touchdown per game. Not great, but we'll take that for Murray. The real thing here is that Texans have surrounded multiple touchdown passes and back to that game, so the pass defense trending downwards. I'm starting Murray with the Sea over to the Texans side. Devin Singletary, assuming Damian Peers is out, I believe he's a grade for Devn Singletary. Monster game for Singletary against Cincinnati last week. Smash spot here. The Cardinals allowed these sixth most rushing rushing yards in the third most touchdowns per game to opposing running backs. Arizona has allowed or yielded seventy four red zone touches to running backs. The next highest team is the New York Giants with fifty two geez red zone touches.
Speaker 6: He yielded ton.
Speaker 4: Percent increase over the next so the next worst team.
Speaker 5: A grade for Devn Singletary. He should not be available anywhere, but if he is snatched, him up immediately Over to the wide receivers. I had an A on Tank Dell until Nico Collins practice today. I'm sorry on Friday, so a B for Dell and Collins. The Cardinals are allowing a healthy one hundred and sixty yards and a touchdown per game to opposing wideouts. The Cardinals are one of ten teams to yield more than twenty five red zone targets to wide receivers, so a good matchup for Dell and Collins.
Speaker 4: They get the B.
Speaker 5: I'll give Robert Woods a C. He will be back. Noah Brown has been ruled. I can't believe we're discussing this many wide receivers for the Texans. It's insane, but it's all because the C. J.
Speaker 6: Stroud.
Speaker 5: We will get to in a minute, real quick. Dlphin Schultz, he gets a see unlike previous years. Like many years, the Cardinals aren't giving up big numbers to opposing tight ends less than four catches and forty yards per game. But Daltin Schultz, he's been great, great as of late as a CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud. So Schultz gets the C and a B for CJ. Stroud.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna get into it, get into it too much. Rookie of the Year already that's locked up MVP candidate as of right now. Easy B for CJ against the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Philadelphia takes on Kansas City. We are once again going to our Monday night game right out of the gate.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just it's worked out this way for reasons. We're not going to bore people. But I hate it.
Speaker 1: I want Monday Night to be the last game, but we can't always do it for boring reasons.
Speaker 4: Here we go. Jalen Hurts and AJ Brown are obvious as for Philadelphia. Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: By the way, who thinks this is Super Bowl preview and rematch all at once?
Speaker 4: It could be. I think that's the favorite, right.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably your favorite, can be the Bengals anymore. DeAndre Swift comes in with a B grade. He's seen at least seventeen touches in every game since Week two, which we love. He's topped seventy four yards or scored in every game, which we love. Casey has allowed at least seventy four yards or a touchdown to a runner in three straight games, so I like the seventy four yard mark.
Speaker 4: At least.
Speaker 1: Kansas City is the second worst team in run stuff win rate by ESPN and Philadelphia's the number one run block win rate, So it's hit all lines up for DeAndre Swift here. You know, yes, Jalen Hurts eats all the easy goal line touchdowns and that limits Swift's upside, but he's still a candidate to get some of Dallas Goddard's missing receptions. That is, six targets a game that Goddard leaves behind, and I think Swift probably gets one or two of those. Devanta Smith's the only other egle that we really haven't accounted for. He posted seven catches for one hundred yards against Kansas City in the Super Bowl. Now he goes up against outside cornerback Lagerious sneed a lot in this game. He projects to who could well wait hold on le Jerry Snead is their best quarterback. He could shadow aj Brown in this game. That would put Smith on the more favorable coverage against rookie Jalen Watson over the past five week weeks, Watson allowing three touchdowns and a passer rating of one hundred and nineteen over that span. And again no Dallas Goddard. Those targets need to go somewhere. DeVonta Smith a candidate for that and to be great for him. It's cover to Kansas City. Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelsey are a grades now. They do enter the game having struggled in the last two before the bye week. Fortunately, the Eagles have been slaughtered by Dak Prescott and Sam Howell in their previous two games. Those two combined for seven hundred and seventy one yards and seven touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Holy cow, that's almost the ultimate four to seven jackpot right there.
Speaker 1: That actually just seven to seven to one and seven. Yeah, not been most by the way. We're heading into Week eleven. Sam Howell leads the league. You've been waiting for this in passing yards and passing completions.
Speaker 7: Baby, I still hate this wolf.
Speaker 4: I know we need a better wolf.
Speaker 6: He sounds like he's in pain.
Speaker 1: Now, we had a listener, Dave, who sent in his dog doing a wolf howl. Maybe what we see is every week we used to have a listener send in their bad howls, and then we'll just play your bad.
Speaker 4: Howl and different.
Speaker 7: I like this idea.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's our angle right there. I'm gonna go capture sound at the idea around.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Isaiah Pachecko toughest matchup of his year. The Eagles are allowing only twenty touches for eighty four total yards per game to opposing running backs both league flows. The Eagles are allowing only zero point two touchdowns per game to opposing running back, second fewest, and they have the fourth best run stop win rate per ESPN. It's all bad for Pachecko, who comes in with a C grade. And I will tell you more about Rasi Rice in the next segment. Chicago takes on Detroit. Matt, let's go to the Chicago side. We're just in fields expected to come back for this game. Do you dare put him in your lineup right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He's been a full participant in practice all week and should start in Detroit this Sunday. The injury was to his thumb on his throwing hand, so the legs shouldn't be in question, and the legs are what we've signed up for on Justin Fields. Last year in two matchups with Detroit, Fields ran for one hundred and thirty two yards in one game and one hundred and forty seven yards and two scores in the other game.
Speaker 4: Is insane.
Speaker 7: Now, no quarterbacks have put up days like that against the Lions since Fields did it last year, but Lamar Jackson had thirty six rushing yards in a score and a blowout win in Week seven. Patrick Mahomes had forty five rushing yards in Week one. Three quarterbacks have thrown for three or more touchdown passes against the Lions in the last five games, and prior to the injury, Fields had two straight games with four touchdown passes and at least two hundred and eighty yards.
Speaker 4: Justin Fields gets an A grade wow coming back. Oh jeez, okay.
Speaker 7: DJ Moore hasn't scored a touchdown since Field's injured his thumb, but had five scores in the three previous games that Field started and finished, and it looks like more will match up most often with Cameron Sutton. Sutton was targeted nine times last week in the Chargers.
Speaker 4: Game, nine times, nine times.
Speaker 7: And he allowed six catches eighty eight yards and two touchdowns. A grade for DJ Moore in this one.
Speaker 4: Wow okay.
Speaker 7: Cole Comet had three touchdown receptions in Field's last two completed games as well. He put up better numbers than DJ Moore in the Bag and Orange games, but right now he's the number five tight end in PPR leagues. The Lions have faced exactly one tight end in the top twelve this year. That was Mark Andrews. He had four catches, sixty three yards and two touchdowns. Comet gets a very solid B grade here. Deonta Foreman is the bell cow here. Roshawn Johnson is just the change of pace guy as of right now.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but Khalil Herbert coming back MUCKs up that works. I dropped Foreman in my league.
Speaker 7: Really. He had twenty and twenty one carries in the last two weeks. And by the way, Foreman has played the Lions exactly once in his career. It was last year on Christmas Eve as a member of the Panthers. He had twenty one carries one hundred and sixty five yards in a score in that game, and lead backs against the Lions over the past three games have had a minimum of sixteen PPR points. So I'm giving Foreman a B in this gradeing this one.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see it differently. I think Herbert goes right back to the top of the depth chart. He's going to get most of the work. It's going to wash out for him, and I believe maybe.
Speaker 7: Let's talk about the running backs on the other side. That's David Montgomery, and how about the starter Khalil Herbert.
Speaker 4: I think it's Foreman's job. Man. They're force feeding him the ball right now.
Speaker 5: So this is gonna be a Roshawn Johnson game, though totally all right.
Speaker 7: We view it differently. I don't think the ground bear is back.
Speaker 1: Herbert was running really, really well pre injury, full week of.
Speaker 4: Practice, ready to roll. I think he goes right back to the top of the dept chart. I don't think so.
Speaker 7: David Montgomery and Jamier Gibbs, we specifically talked last week about how David Montgomery returned, he'd just resume his role as the inside the five back. But evidently Gibbs was stopped last week inside the five, and Montgomery was going to be sent in, but then he asked Jamiir Gibbs, do you want it? And he gave Jamiir Gibbs the inside the five and then Gibbs got three carries from inside the five last week.
Speaker 6: Don't ever do that again, David Montgomery. Never again.
Speaker 7: Montgomery still had two himself, so I think it's still clear that that's his role. But it's a warm, fuzzy story. The snap split last week was thirty seven to twenty four in favor of Gibbs, and rush attempts were almost split evenly. The Bears have improved exponentially against the runs since they traded for Montes Sweat. In the two games since Sweat arrived, they held Alvin Kamara to twenty six rushing yards and the Panthers backs to a combined twenty five yards on thirteen carries. So I'll give a B grade to Gibbs on the pass catching side alone, because the Bears have still had issues with that.
Speaker 4: Just a C grade for Montgomery right now.
Speaker 6: In a revenge game.
Speaker 7: In a revenge game, I think he needs to convert a score here. Jared Goff gets an A grade, though the Bears are allowing two undred and fifty five yards and two passing scores per game, both are bottom four in the league. Goff has been over the two hundred and fifty five yard mark in each of his last four games, plus, I think this game has a little bit of a shootout to it. Amon Ra Saint Brown and Sam Laporta are both A grades. Not worth getting too far into it, but the Bears are the worst tight end defense in the league, and when Goff needs a first down a mon Ra has seen twenty three targets on third or fourth down in the last six games.
Speaker 4: Jeez, that's a lot. They just keep.
Speaker 7: Targeting him on those short, short ones right there. And Josh Reynolds is the other guy you'd consider here, but he's losing snaps to Jamison Williams and for some reason, Khalif Raymond plus Donovan People's Jones should be active for the lines this week. So I'm going to take away and see approach on the secondary wide receiver for the Lions for the time being.
Speaker 1: Bears run defense has turned really, really good over the last five weeks. They are the best run defense in the league by yards allowed. It's amazing and.
Speaker 7: Montes made them even better because I highlighted the last two weeks it's been they've been unstoppable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unbelievable. How how they've turned that around, or.
Speaker 7: They've been stopping people, but unstoppable It is not the right.
Speaker 1: Word perspective from the Chicago perspective, unstoppable. When we come back, we won't stop giving you players upon.
Speaker 4: Whom you can take it home. Good one. Well, actually it's going to be exactly what will stop at nine. It's going to be exactly nine times when we come back. Take a chance at me. Stay tuned Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 1: Nine players upon whom you can take a chance, but begin at the quarterback position, and Matt Harrison, who you got.
Speaker 7: It's come to this, Trevor Lawrence is now a take a chance on me player.
Speaker 4: To Liz.
Speaker 7: When you've thrown seven touchdown passes in your last eight games and only top three hundred yards once in that span, that's what you get. We'll talk more about Trevor in the next hour, but this week he's startable.
Speaker 4: Against the Titans.
Speaker 7: Lawrence does average about twenty five rushing yards per game, which is sadly helping his numbers more than anything this year, and the Titans have allowed an average of thirty eight rushing yards per game to the quarterback position in the last month, and some of those quarterbacks include Desmond Ritter, Taylor Heineke, Baker Mayfield. They also allowed Mayfield to go for two seventy eight and two last week through the air.
Speaker 4: So like Lawrence this week, all right, Brian, you take a chance with me quarterback.
Speaker 5: He's been a mainstay on takeom, but I think he's hit every time. But this is his toughest matchup and that's Baker Mayfield at San Francisco.
Speaker 1: We've got I think I bet he's more than every other week at this stage.
Speaker 4: Just to take a chance, I mean, quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is the week where most people won't listen to us, though, but there is an angle here at San Francisco. Baker has thrown for multiple touchdown passes in three straight games, and over the forty nine ers last three games, they've surrendered five passing touchdowns, not a ton, but that includes the goose egg from the aforementioned Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 6: Last week.
Speaker 5: They serdered five touchdowns across their two games prior.
Speaker 6: And this is all about volume for Mayfield, who's playing well. They're not gonna run at all. They're not going to run at all.
Speaker 5: Mayfield has a nice set of wideouts and Chris Godwin and Mike Evans. The Bucks will surely be trailing, which means Baker will be throwing. San Francisco is yielding more than thirty eight pass attempts per game, which is a healthy number. So I'm going Baker and I'm hoping he pulls off this upset in Cleveland.
Speaker 6: Is this back home? Like, what have we done to ourselves?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: So I let just Josh Dobbs go, yeah, piling on for the Browns a little bit.
Speaker 4: Jordan Love take on the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Love, coming off probably the best total game of his career, now faces the most favorable matchup of his career. Chargers allow the most passing yards three hundred and sixteen per game, even Zach Wilson put up two sixty three. If Zach Wilson can do it, yeah that was just two weeks ago. All other quarterbacks besides Wilson have found their way into the end zone, including by ground, where the Chargers have allowed four quarterback rushing touchdowns. Most of the league love his fleet of foot.
Speaker 4: He can do some.
Speaker 1: Damage on the ground here as well. Let's go to the running back position.
Speaker 7: I've got Zach Sharbonay another mainstay.
Speaker 1: I believe this is either three or four straight weeks. Yeah, probas Zach Sharboney.
Speaker 7: Let it be known that Zach Charbonay has been on the field for more snaps than Ken Walker in three straight weeks.
Speaker 4: Yes, Walker is still.
Speaker 7: Leading the touch totals in each of those weeks, but the targets are going to Sharbonay eight to five in that time span, and he's run sixty eight passing routes compared to thirty five for Walker in that time I don't think sharbon is about to take over, but he did have ten touches last week, and that included four receptions. The Rams haven't been tested a lot through the air by running backs, but every running back who's caught just three balls against them has managed double digit PPR points.
Speaker 4: Brian, you take a chance with me running back.
Speaker 5: I've got Cowboys backup running back Rico Dowdell at Carolina. That means Tony Pollard is fine. He will be playing and starting this game. But there's gonna be enough meat on the bone for both of these backs in this matchup against Carolina, who is allowing the second most rushing yards per game to running backs, They've surrendered the most rushing scores to the position, so it should be no surprise that Carolina has yielded the third most red zone touches to running backs and the second most in goal to go situations.
Speaker 6: So I like Dowdell in a backup role.
Speaker 4: Would you call him Rico suave?
Speaker 5: No, because I used to call Nego Collins Nico suave. But I'm gonna stick that with me.
Speaker 1: I think it's too easy. It could be a blowout and they go to Dowdell one sided game too.
Speaker 4: I've been way in no long time for this.
Speaker 1: Really, ty Chandler, Baby, Yeah, you remember in the pre last week, he was my premature speculation player. Obviously had no idea Alexander Madison was going to be concussed.
Speaker 7: Don't give yourself a little peacock for that.
Speaker 4: I'll I'll take a mini peacock.
Speaker 1: So we don't want to make it sound like I'm happy Alexander Madison's concussed because clearly that's not what we want here, but we do want ty Chandler to get the majority of carries now.
Speaker 4: Kevin O'Connell seems to have been very sheepish about.
Speaker 1: Giving him a lot of work, but I don't think he's got a choice now, and it's Denver now. Denver's much improved in basically every area except against the run.
Speaker 6: Would you say Kevin O'Connell is tied down this week? No?
Speaker 4: Tied? Oh t yes, his hands are tied.
Speaker 6: There we go. That would have been better is better.
Speaker 1: In the last five weeks, Denver allowing five and a half yards per carry, one hundred and one rushing yards per game, and that includes giving up a buck eighty to the Bills last week. Hardly a rushing powerhouse team. Chandler is a better receiver than Madison or Acres, and the Vikings could deploy him through the air copiously as well. Ty Chandlernos, I'm glad we're not using the Broncos seventy points stats against them, and we've wiped that out and they're still bad at the rush at.
Speaker 4: This they are. Let's go to the receivers.
Speaker 7: Matt I'm going way deep on this one. Diami Brown versus the Giants. Curtis Samuel has been battling a toe injury for like two weeks. He played through it last week but was ineffective, and then Diami Brown popped in out of nowhere. Had two targets, two catches, forty one yards and a score in Seattle. Brown is the deep threat with an average depth of target currently sitting at a pretty nice seventeen yards downfield. That's six yard is higher than Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Last week, this Giants team faced off against the Cowboys and the third wide receiver on that roster was Michael Gallup. Gallup had an a dot last week of thirty five yards down til and ended up with seventy yards in a score, So they targeted deep. The Giants have one good corner that's Cordial Flot He's most likely the slot corner, Uh and Samuel in the slot flat in the slot. Samuel runs from the slot most often, but when he's been out it's been a mix of John Dotson and Jamison Crowder moving to the slot and then Diami Brown flexes to the outside. Where it's a good matchup for him. I like Brown as just the DFS deep dart throw this week?
Speaker 4: Does Flot in the slot own an elf on the shelf? Probably?
Speaker 7: I mean maybe you could get a flot and put it in a.
Speaker 6: What's the A dot when targeting Flot in the slot?
Speaker 4: Not that good because he's their only good corner.
Speaker 1: You're taking chance with me receiver if you like exhausted this whole lot of questioning.
Speaker 5: I got tight end Jets tight end Tyler Conklin aka Tyler Gronklin at Buffalo. Conklin only had one catch for two yards when these teams met in week win, but but Buffalo had a healthy Matt Mulano. They're all pro winebacker arguably that the heart of their defense. He is on IR now, and Conklin has been solid over the last two games, securing all thirteen of his targets for one hundred and thirty six yards. The Bills have surrendered big games to tight ends in recent weeks. The Bengals tight ends combined for ten catches one hundred and one yards and two touchdowns, and the Patriots tight ends combined for six catches eighty three yards in a touchdown recently, Conklin shouldn't be doing any combining with cj Uzoma, who has totaled just four catches over his last four games. So Tyler Gronklin at Buffalo and.
Speaker 1: A tight end Wasteland made worse by the Mark Anders injury. Yeah, he's absolutely rosterable and startable this week. I there is a chance this week Monday Night is the Rashi Rice breakout party against the Eagles. The Eagles have allowed the most wide receiver receptions, the third most wide receiver yards, and the most wide receiver touchdowns. Rice sat a career high in routes run in his last game before the bye, forty one of them. He's scored in three the past five games. Now, Rice primarily runs from the slot, and that's the primo matchup against Philadelphia that allows him to avoid the outside corners James Bradberry and Darius Sleigh Ride. Sleigh Reich will face backup corner Bradley Roby, who's got a shoulder injury, or if he can't go, even better rookie Eli Rix. Now Roby has barely played this year, but last year he was so bad he ranked his Pro Football Focus one hundred and twenty second cornerback. Now if he can't go, and it's the rookie Eli Rix, he's so bad this year. He ranks his cornerback one hundred and twenty six among quarterbacks. And here is some irrefutable math. Rice has scored all four of his touchdowns in odd numbered weeks.
Speaker 4: And here we are we gleven. Oh wow, here we are. That's the kind of math you can't argue with.
Speaker 7: Glad he took Week ten as his bye week.
Speaker 1: Dallas takes on Carolina. Brian he already told us Ricote Dowdell is your take chance with me running back. But let's go to Tony Pollard. If you like Dowdell, you must like Tony Pollard.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 6: This is it.
Speaker 5: This is it for Tony Pollard. Like I said, doubt all might take on running back. But Pollard gets the A against Carolina. I'm not gonna go through the stats again. There's given up a ton of running backs. Pollard has gone like one hundred and ninety ish touches without a touchdown.
Speaker 6: It's been a brutal stretch for Pollard.
Speaker 5: He did get stopped twice at the one yard line last week on separate drive, so I'm gonna roll him out here one more time. Pollard ranks second in overall red zone touches and second and carries inside the five yard line among all running backs. Carolina will also be without all Pro linebacker Brian Burns, So Tony Pollard gets an A. Come on, Tony LFG one time over to CD Lamb, he gets an A. Lamb's target totals over the last three games fourteen, sixteen, fourteen, in his catch total over the during that same span twelve, eleven and eleven just on an absolute heater, you gotta give him an A. But I feel I'm a little worried about this matchup because the Panthers have yielded these second fewest targets to wide receivers and as a result, they are averaging as a whole less than eleven catches and one hundred and thirty yards per game against Carolina. Teams don't throw a ton against the Panthers. But you got to give Ceedee Lamb the A. And if he doesn't get the goods, I'm giving Brandon Cooks and Michael Gallup to see just in case. But this game is all about the running backs. But I do have to see on Jake Ferguson. It's basically the same story for Fergie as it is for the wideouts the Panthers that yielded the third fewest targets to opposing tight ends and as a result, they are averaging three and a half catches and thirty yards per game against Carolina with just two total touchdowns all season. So just as see for Ferguson, but I will give Dak Prescott a B.
Speaker 6: He should get enough done through the air.
Speaker 5: Dak Prescott right now, top five quarterback whose plays.
Speaker 1: So much better Now for all of us that poop pood, the move it offensive coordinator that Dallas did.
Speaker 6: That's great towards right now, big me, Yeah, Da.
Speaker 1: Dak Prescott's really never looked better than he has over the last three games that he's played, with four three and four touchdowns in all games over three hundred yards.
Speaker 5: Now over the Carolina side, I'm just going to talk about one player, the only player worth starting, and that's Adam Thielen. Of course I'm gonna give him a be Carolina head coach Frank Reich did not call the plays for Carolina over the last two games, and those have been Feelin's worst games, even though we still scored double digit points. But Frank Reike has reclaimed those duties, which is great news for Theelan and Carolina will be behind in this game. They'll be throwing a ton and Cowboys slot corner Jordan Lewis has struggled mightily over the last five weeks. He's allowed a passer rating of one hundred and forty in the slot, third highest during that span.
Speaker 1: Letry, I'm gonna try to sneak in one more matchup, which we don't normally do right here, but I'm gonna try. I think this one is short enough that we can do with Chargers in Green Bay. For the Chargers, Keenan Allen, Austin Eckler obvious as they're running at a great clip.
Speaker 4: In the Packers defense is nothing to worry about here.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Justin Herbert, who's posted four explosive games and this feels like a fifth coming now. The Packers traded away their best cornerback, Russell Douglas Jarrah Alexander.
Speaker 4: If he plays at all, we'd be playing hurt.
Speaker 1: The Packers pass defense looks great on paper, but they faced Kenny Pickett Brett Rippen, Desmond Ritter, Jamis Winston.
Speaker 4: I mean, it has been.
Speaker 1: A cavalcade of backup grade quarterbacks against the against the Packers. The only Herbert level quarterback to face the Packers all year was Kirk Cousins, who was eviscerating them before he got hurt three weeks ago. Justin Herbert A grade in this game, Quinn Johnson comes into the C grade three straight games of at least thirty routes run all season highs for him. He scored his first touchdown last week, and at six foot three, two hundred and fifteen pounds, Johnson should be an end zone target and at least more often than he has been there. Starting to use him more in the red zone, Packers have been forced into using backup cornerbacks Corey Ballantine and seventh round rookie Carrington Valentine. So we got a Valentine Valentine connection.
Speaker 4: You totally made that up.
Speaker 1: I know you'd think so, right, maybe all the maybe that's their new strategy in Green Bay is nothing but rhyming cornerbacks.
Speaker 7: And they got Steve Gallentine on the practice squad right now, so that's good.
Speaker 1: Johnston can beat both of those guys, We're gonna give him a C grade in this one. If Gerald Everett does not go, put Donald Parum in as a flyer with a seat. Gerald Everett is not going, then let's give Donald Parum a C grade in this game as well. Let's go over to Green Bay. Jordan Loves might take a chance to be quarterbacks, so I most like some of his receivers. And by the way, see grade on Jordan Love, se Grad and Romeo Dobbs. Over the past five weeks, quarterback of Sante Samuel has allowed the third most yards of any cornerback, and the other side, Michael Davis has been serviceable. But this is a very beatable overall unit. Detroit as Miles had a Green Bay offensively, and they dominated the Chargers in every fast of the passing game last week. And I still think Packer's gonna get Attle something done here, Romeo Dubs see grade. Jayden Reed coming off his best game catching all five passes for eighty four yards in a score running from the slot, he draws a unique Chargers matchup.
Speaker 4: Now, the Chargers don't have a true slot defender.
Speaker 1: So they mix pieces together to try to the slot, and a lot of times it doesn't work. A full thirty percent of wide receiver fantasy points allowed by the Chargers go to slot receivers. So Jaden Reid in play.
Speaker 4: In this one.
Speaker 1: Christian Watson, I just can't do it. He's not healthy. He's not a factor in this passing game at all. This is the most favorable matchup he's going to have. I guess maybe if you're still your roster and you're looking for some dart throw.
Speaker 5: Maybe we never had a dad. His dad has been the squeaky wheel.
Speaker 6: How about that past week? What do we call that?
Speaker 1: Eli Apple's wife or mom used to be a squeaky wheel too.
Speaker 7: They did just drop Christian Watson off of the injury report.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, hopefully he plays in this one. He's averaging seventeen yards per pass, which is great, second longest in the league. Totally invisible. But you know, if not, now when I'm not putting a C grade on him. But if you want to ever throw a dart on Christian Watson, this is it. We haven't talked enough about the bust season that is Christian Watson. Remember, but he go off the board like round three four of drafts in August.
Speaker 6: He's on the All Bus team for right now.
Speaker 7: You know we mentioned it last week invisibility. Good trade for running back, bad for wide receiver. That is, that's a fact. Yeah, uh, loose mutton.
Speaker 4: About the loose.
Speaker 1: Mutton, man, do we have no out? We don't have a sheep anymore.
Speaker 4: We don't need a sheep. We've got you. We don't need the sheep. Loose Mutton.
Speaker 1: The Chargers are getting rocked by tight ends. Four straight opponents tight ends have combined to top sixty three yards, including guys like Cole Comet, Tyler Conklin Musgrave has posted fifty one and sixty four yards the past two weeks. Absolutely startable here, a C grade on the loose Mutton, and then lastly Aaron Jones.
Speaker 4: He's led the team in stankan great, good job, Robbie.
Speaker 1: He's led the team in touches and snaps for three straight weeks, helping to finally dagger any temptation to start AJ Dillon, But his upside totally capped here. Jones has only scored once since Week one. Charges gave up three rushing scores of the Lions last week. But Troit's so much better and so much more persistent at the run. Per Next Gen Stats, Joan is the fifth least of efficient runner all year. Green Bay's got the fourth worst run block win rate. It's not great and I can only get you to a C.
Speaker 4: Gray.
Speaker 7: I feel like he's like the third oldest running back in the league too.
Speaker 1: It feels that way. He's not, but I'm sure he's not, but it feels that way. When we come back Giants in Washington, is there anybody to start on the Giants?
Speaker 4: Including sa Kwon Barkley? Find out when we.
Speaker 1: Come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Maybe you'd like to follow us on x formerly known as Twitter. I'm Paul at Paul Jarchian, Matt Harrison is that explosive output. Brian Johnson is at b t x J. And you can follow Guillotine Leagues. We never talked about that at g L chop. Do you want to follow the Guillotine Leagu's Twitter account for your Guotine league?
Speaker 4: Needs?
Speaker 6: You called it Twitter?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 6: It's always Twitter. It's it's always gonna be Twitter.
Speaker 4: I know, don't.
Speaker 6: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Why would HBO go to Max You've spent like forty years and billions of dollars building your brand. No, don't want to be HBO anymore. Why everybody knows and likes HBO so dumb?
Speaker 7: The answer is it has an X in it, and people really like x's I guess, I guess I don't understand it.
Speaker 6: That's why b DXJ exists.
Speaker 4: You just we're throwing a random ax. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I've told the story. I won't go back and do it.
Speaker 1: Though. Giants taking on Washington. Matt not much to like here for the Giants offense, and I think you can question whether or not Saquon Barkley's even startable in a very favorable matchup. Otherwise, against Washington, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not gonna question it that much.
Speaker 7: He's the only starter on the Giants, but he still gets an A grade in my and he's been limited in practice this week as they keep an eye on the anklely injured about a month ago and only saw thirteen carries last week in the blowout loss to the Cowboys, but he was still running at five yards per carry in that game and they just sat him down after a while because the game was out of hand. In the last five weeks, Washington's run defense has fallen apart. Seven different running backs in that time have seen over fifty yards, and they're allowing six receptions per game to opposing backs during that time.
Speaker 4: That's fourth worst.
Speaker 3: In the league.
Speaker 7: Also, in Week seven they met each other, Saquon managed one hundred and eighteen total yards in a score in that one. On the other well, if I trusted the Cutlet King Tommy DeVito at all, there'd be someone else to start in this passing game. But Cutlet is now at two hundred and sixty total passing yards and two starts. That's one thirty per game.
Speaker 4: That's not good. And Waller still on IR.
Speaker 7: And in the past four games, only one Giants wide receiver has topped sixty yards in four games.
Speaker 6: I've got an amazing nickname for him, real quick, okay, and J Cutt.
Speaker 7: And Jay Cutlet, I get it, I don't get new jersey jersey.
Speaker 4: And also Jay Cutler in there a little bit.
Speaker 1: And J Cutlet alright, okay, fine, let me mention how about smoking tummy to be.
Speaker 4: Giants offensive line.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be without right tackle Evan Neil has been ruled out and we're the game time decisioning left tackle Andrew Thomas. I'm I don't want even Barkley. I've got him in my rankings way down to like running back twenty five guys.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't trust that.
Speaker 1: I don't trust that offensive line, and I don't if you're as bad as the commanders aren't defense, they only got one job stop Sakua Barklay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's still twenty touches going his way and he's still making do with it. So on the commander's side, Sam Howell, he's an A grade over three hundred yards and three straight games. The last time he was held under three hundred yards it was against the Giants.
Speaker 4: But this Giants defense is really banged up.
Speaker 7: Just gave up four hundred and seventy two passing yards to the Cowboys last week.
Speaker 4: Terry mcclaurin gets an.
Speaker 7: A grade baby, given Johan and a Bee and Diami Brown, who might take a chance on me wide receiver, Three different Cowboys wide receivers top seventy yards and scored last week. Seven different wide receivers have hit the hundred yard mark against the Giants this year. McLaurin has seen seven or more targets in five straight games and Dotson put up a goose egg last week, but was targeted eight times or more in each of the prior three games and scored in two of them. Gonna leave Logan Thomas on the bench this week. The Giants are allowing the third fewest receptions to tight ends and Thomas only had one target and zero catches in the first meeting. And then finally Brian Robinson. He gets an A grade in this one. Antonio Gibson is going to be missing this one too. Hasn't hit one hundred yards on the ground this year, but he managed one hundred and nineteen receiving yards last week in Seattle, and he scored five times on the ground and three times through the air this year. In the first meeting, he only managed eight carries for twenty three yards and a score, But it looks like he's turned a corner. In the past few weeks. The Giants have allowed the second most rushing yards and the third most rushing tds this year, at an average of one to eleven and just over a score per game. Like Brian Robinson a lot here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, this is the only week where I think I'd roll in with an A grade on Robinson all year. I also mentioned this Giants have ruled out their cornerback of Dori Jackson.
Speaker 4: Is another reason to love the passing game.
Speaker 5: There was the picture of that one guy that went viral who drafted Brian Robinson instead of Bejon Robinson in the first round, and that was the play.
Speaker 4: I turned out. He didn't get it.
Speaker 6: He overpaid a little bit, of course, but he's happy now.
Speaker 1: We had a premature speculation I think three weeks ago about Chris Rodriguez running back for Washington. Keep your eyes on him. He's gonna get a butt. He's gonna get extra time in this game. Let's see what he does. Here is a deep stash in leagues with long benches. Las Vegas takes on Miami Brian In the two games Antonio Pierce has been head coach for they have been a dominating offensive, particularly on through the running game and Josh Jacobs. So let's start with Jacobs, who's starting to feel like just in every week a grade.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Antonio Pierce loves him some Josh Jacobs. Like you said.
Speaker 5: Over the last two weeks, Jacobs has played more than eighty percent of the snaps while averaging twenty.
Speaker 6: Eight touches per game.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 5: So there will be volume here. Las Vegas likely to be trailing, but Jacobs can't catch the ball. This is not a great matchup on the with the Dolphins coming off their by It's not the worst either. Opposing backs are averaging one hundred and fourteen combo yards per game against Miami, but they've scored just seven total touchdowns. Would still a B for Jacobs based on that insane volume. Over to the passing game, DeVante Adams against the Sea. Adams has seen a thirty three percent target share with aid and O'Connell under center.
Speaker 6: We like that.
Speaker 5: The problem is O'Connell was a rookie and he just doesn't that good. But I'll still start Adams with the Sea. Miami is allowing more than fourteen catches, one hundred and fifty five yards and a touchdown per game to opposing wideouts. Those are pretty good numbers, and for those reasons, I will also give Jacobe Myers a see but the softest of seas for Jacobe. For the rest of the Raiders, Michael Mayer and Aidan O'Connell, they are on the bench. Over to the Dolphins side, a for Tyreek Hill, that's obvious. Jalen Waddle Tua, they both get a B. It's really all about the running backs now with Devin a Chan making his return, so we're looking at likely a fifty to fifty split.
Speaker 4: See and I don't agree.
Speaker 1: I thought, I'm worried it's going to be like thirty thirty fifteen. Yep, well out, Jeff Wilson is Jeth Wilson and salvn Ackmann were they were not healthy at the beginning of the season to get into the mix. And Mike McDaniel loves his committees of backs, and so I'm worried that he eases in a Chan here and we're looking at like a eight touch game and he better be magic on those eight touches.
Speaker 6: He has been in the past.
Speaker 5: I know he has eight chan has he has that going for him, but I just to see for mostart in e Chan. I do have Wilson on the bench, but he will factor in. Like you said, this is an easy a for any of these backs if they were in a bell cow role against the Raiders, who are yielding thirty touches per game to the position for one hundred and forty five combo yards.
Speaker 6: But again, way too much of a platoon.
Speaker 5: Here, So just a see for most and ah Chan and uh Wilson on the bench for now and Durham smythe my boy. Lastly for Miami's not happening. He plays a ton of snaps. Though we need to get in that league. He's getting in some Plardio snap league. Did you see the stat during the Colts and Patriots game in Germany last year? It was about Alec Pearce has traveled the most among any player miles. Yeah, miles, so he's burned the most calories in the NFL with like three catches.
Speaker 6: They decided to show this. Y.
Speaker 4: You don't mean airline miles. You mean like he just.
Speaker 6: Running around, running around, not getting targeted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, must like the distance on routes run.
Speaker 5: Then he's in great shape.
Speaker 4: But I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: Do you remember you You may recall Tyreek Hillwin asked a couple of weeks ago about being the best player, the best like the best player in the NFL. He said, I'm not even the best player on the team. The best player in our team is our fullback.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's nice of him, That is awfully nice of him. Let's talk about Isaiah Likely. Is he a priority AD and do you expect him how you won't be Mark Andrews. Can he be seventy percent of Mark Andrews, which would make him startable for most of us if he was?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: He did that last year in spurts for the Ravens, and I think that he's very likely to be wo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He had two official starts last year. One of them was a one catch game with a touchdown on that one catch. The other one he was targeted twelve times and had eight catches in the other start.
Speaker 5: Isaiah likely He's not deployed like a stereotypical tight end.
Speaker 6: He's more of a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Really, He's way way thinner than a typical tight end and a lankyer. He's six foot four, so yeah, he doesn't have that tight end build.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 4: He looks more like just a heavy set wide out.
Speaker 5: And Odell Beckham suffered a shoulder injury on Thursday night. He might miss some time. So yeah, likely likely you should break the bank on him, especially if you're a Mark Andrews manager.
Speaker 4: You're trying to find somebody.
Speaker 1: I think Conklin is a priority AD I think likely is a priority ad for.
Speaker 4: Those looking for tight ends. Those might be the guys here you got to turn to in this situation.
Speaker 1: When we come back a game we like to call three tough questions, you can play along.
Speaker 4: You see if you can go three and oher with our panel of experts.
Speaker 1: Also, if you hear this before Sunday morning, it's your last chance, the final few hours to join a new Guillotine league for this year. We're still making new ones. Eight team leagues being created every day, usually several times a day. You can still join a fresh new Guillotine league at Guillotine leagues dot com, but only until Sunday morning, and then it's all over. We'll be back for our number two Fantasy Football Weekly in moments, Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Chargie and Matt Harrison, Brian Johnson with you. This is a game we call three tough questions.
Speaker 3: Tough question number one.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't normally have a big long explanation before we get into the questions, Okay, but I gotta do it here.
Speaker 4: We are entering sabotage drop season.
Speaker 7: We took the sabotage off the soundboard, didn't.
Speaker 4: We yeah, we did. Unfortunately we needed we got to get that back.
Speaker 1: So I want to go back through the premise game because people really I can tell on Twitter because people ask me, somebody insert player name here had.
Speaker 4: A bad game last week? You shortye sabotage dropping.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's re explain the nuances of the ballsiest move in the history of fantasy football, the sabotage drop. The premise is this, you drop brand name players who your opponents will pick up and start, and then that player is gonna flop in your opponent's games, harming your opposing team and costing them waiver wire capital as well. You usually want to drop on a Tuesday, so opponents have to spend waiver equity. They have to spend bidding or their waiver priority.
Speaker 4: With Monday night.
Speaker 1: Tuesday Monday, right, So you want to do that in time for people to spend some equity on it. Don't do it now. Don't do like Saturday is not the day to do it, because let me just pick them up for free. You want people to spend on it. So this move takes nards of steal eight out of ten of you do not have the ability to do this correctly. You will drop a player that people don't really care about. You will not drop a brand name play, and you will never truly consider a sabotage drop. But for the two out of ten we are talking to.
Speaker 7: You, maybe the best league to do it in his a guillotine league too.
Speaker 4: By the way, yeah you could. Somebody could get chopped out of this.
Speaker 1: I successfully executed it on my I didn't know who was going to pick him up. As it turned out, it was good friend Nando Delfino. I dropped Lamar Jackson last year. Nando picked him up, bit a bunch of money on him, so he spent a bunch of money picked him up two weeks later. Lamar Jackson does what Lamar Jackson does sometimes, the big flop games chopped.
Speaker 6: That was the end of it, good friend Nando, that you're throwing under the.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's right. So now back to.
Speaker 3: This tough question number one.
Speaker 1: Should you sabotage drop Tony Pollard? We've already we've already talked around this subject many different ways.
Speaker 4: We begin with Matt.
Speaker 7: We can point at Rico Dowdle's good game in an absolute blowout last week against the Giants, but Cooper Rush was also in that game at the end, and Pollard still led the Snaps fifty three to twenty two and touches fifteen to eleven. They didn't need to put mileage on Tony Pollard last week, and then they get the Panthers this week. They're one of the worst run defenses in the league. After that, it's a struggling Washington defense in a very mediocre Seattle defense. There's not really a stopper on the schedule until Week seventeen against Detroit, and they've been kind of struggling a little bit in the last couple of weeks. They're not as tough as they were earlier in the season. If you sabotage drop guys who averaged nineteen touches per game with a good schedule ahead, I think you're doing it wrong. So no, don't sabotage drop him.
Speaker 4: Brian, Should you sabotage drop Tony Pollard?
Speaker 6: Matt and I are in full agreement.
Speaker 5: I will say though, in Week fourteen at Philly or the Cowboys at Philly at home, I don't like that. That is a tough matchup. But this is a fair question. But we wouldn't be asking it. If Pollard had not been stopped at the two yard line twice last week at least once the week before, you would have some touchdowns, obviously, if he was not stopped at the one. But the matchups too good this weekend next week, Like Matt said, too much draft capital sunk into Tony Pollard.
Speaker 6: It's not like he's not playing. As Matt also said, So I'm at no too. I'm not sabotage dropping.
Speaker 1: If I told you nothing else about a team's roster except this, somebody picked at the end of the first round or the beginning of the second round, Tony Pollard, what do you think their record is.
Speaker 7: I mean, I have been a few leagues, but my record's okay.
Speaker 4: I'm a great fantasy mind.
Speaker 1: Three and seven, three and seven, Tony Pollard has delivered you losses. Let's talk about the numbers. Pro Football Focus is sixty first ranked runner is Tony Pollard. He ranks thirty second in yards over expectation at negative point three yards. He ranks thirty sixth in yards after contact. Tony Pollard ranks fifty fourth in Pro Football Focus's exclusive Elusiveness rating. For a guy who did nothing but break long runs. Last year, he has six runs of over fifteen yards this year. That's it, and he's not catching as well and not as often. He ranks thirty thirty yards per route run. Who ranks better than Pollard and almost all stats well for one, Ezekiel Elliott, two Rico Dutel, who we already talked about. Yeah, and we'll talk about more later. The schedule is easy, you're right about that. And if he goes off against Carolina, you're not gonna sabotage drop him if he doesn't absolutely make the move. Is the two out of ten of you that have the stones to do it. If he can't do it against Carolina, this is your time.
Speaker 5: Isn't at the ultimate sabotage if you drop him after a monster Carolina's a That's.
Speaker 1: A great point. You're actually you're absolutely right about that. It's way ballsier. I like that better.
Speaker 7: In most leagues, you can still get something for him in trade unless your trade deadline is passed. You have a very early trade deadline in your league, you can get something for Pollard.
Speaker 4: You set our trade deadline in our Empire league for last week. It was too early. I was disappointed by that, and you just called it too early.
Speaker 7: I said it to what we decided on fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: And we started the.
Speaker 3: Tough question number two.
Speaker 1: Should you drop? This isn't a sabotage anymore. This used to be a sabotage drop. It's not anymore. Should you drop Trevor Lawrence? And originally I had this question a sabotage drop. He's not good enough to be a sabotage anymore? Should you drop Trevor Lawrence?
Speaker 4: We begin with Brian.
Speaker 5: Trevor Lawrence was outscored by Arizona's Clayton Tune last week, who played one snap at quarterback and.
Speaker 6: Threw a touchdown.
Speaker 4: That's fantastic.
Speaker 6: Outscore Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Yes, here are some quarterbacks with more passing touchdowns than Trevor Lawrence as of right now. Mac Jones, the thrice benched Mac Jones Justin Fields, who has played six games. Lawrence has played nine. I mean, the quarterbacks becoming a wasteland. They're sort of dropping like flies. Not sort of they are, but Tennessee not a favorable schedule moving forward. The Titans, they were giving up a lot through the air early on the season, not so much anymore. Then he got the Texans bad matchup Bengals neutral, but then Brown's Ravens. You're not starting rutal Larrence then, so yeah, I'm dropping. And for some reason, Jay Jones like the missing link for this offense because when he's been missing, they're.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know, that can't be.
Speaker 5: It's been a awful it's probably Dan Arnold just his presence alone. But no, yes, I'm dropping Trevor Lawrence. One quarterback leagues, we're talking, of course, right, yeah, dropsolutely?
Speaker 4: All right, Matt should you drop Trevor Lawrence? Brian kind of nailed it.
Speaker 7: I will add, I mean he was might take a chance on me quarterback this week. So I do like his matchup this week against Tennessee. But after this week, I think if he goes off this week, it might actually kind of revert back to the sabotage drop for Trevor.
Speaker 4: Lawrence, and Brian alluded to it.
Speaker 7: Houston coming up next, their neutral, Sinsey neutral, Cleveland hard, Baltimore Baltimore hard, Tampa easy, and Carolina hard to end the season. So yeah, you can drop him or sabotage drop him after he goes off this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a yes. If you're not.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're gonna especially if you're not gonna start Trevor Lawrence this week, then we may as well just drop him. But if not, then let's wait for Tuesday. Let's do the drop. And you're right, let's hope he has a good game. Let's drop him.
Speaker 7: Then the game against Tampa in Week sixteen is if you're mixing and matching quarterbacks because you lost Joe Burrow or Kirk Cousins or one of the other quarterbacks and you've just kind of been pasting it together.
Speaker 1: If I'm alive in week sixteen, it ain't because I got Trevor Lawrence, you're not thinking.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Tough question number three.
Speaker 1: Who will score more Fantasy points the rest of the season. Is it Raheem Mostert or teammate Devon a Chad Matt eighth.
Speaker 7: Chan just looked so much better than Moster to when they were both on the field. He's just so fast, and I think that they do split backfield touches, So in that case, I lean toward talent, which I think is a Chan, and then the inside the five touches, which in the three weeks that a Chan and Moster were both active and kind of getting full workloads. They tied at three apiece. So I think it's a Chan, but I mean it is close, But I think it's Devon ah Chan.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brian, who will score more Fantasy points the rest of the season. Is it Rickey Mostert or teammate Devon A Chan?
Speaker 6: Can I say the exact same amount?
Speaker 4: Yeah, precisely.
Speaker 6: Man, this is tough.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna to the hundredth place.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna lean Moster.
Speaker 5: By the way, you're leading touchdowns scorer among running backs on the ground well overall thirteen total.
Speaker 6: Touchdowns, tied with Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but man, most it's averaging like six yards per carry. H Chan has missed the last four games. As we all know, he's averaging like thirteen yards per carry. He was putting up ridiculous numbers on a per touch basis. Doesn't seem sustainable when healthy. He's still going to be startable for sure. But I think Mostard gets the lean near the stripe. So I'm going to lean Mostar as well, or you you and a Chan.
Speaker 4: Now he's a I'm going this is a this is a hard question. You actually did a tough question this week. This is a very tough you're.
Speaker 6: Gonna say, Jeff Wilson, aren't you.
Speaker 1: I used to do a lot of trick questions in the segment. I guess maybe as I've gotten older, I've done less of that. It's PFF's number one ranked runner against PFF's number three ranked runner. This is a tough tough spot. Now you can debate who's the bigger injury risk. They both have got injury pedigree. Both of them do. But Mostar it feels like a ticking time bomb a little bit because he's played all these games and a Chan hasn't.
Speaker 4: Still, it's it's it's hard to.
Speaker 1: Feel like a Chan can carry an offense the way that Mostard has only because he has a done it yet. Now, as I was tempted to go back, like you did, Matt, you went back and looked at the three the three games that they played together week two, Week three, Week four, when they played together. But I was a little bit worried that might not be that valid, just because a Chan was such a fresh faced rookie at that time, and there was no Jeff Wilson money up the works, there was no seal on docmed work in the works.
Speaker 4: At that point, most Art's running so well.
Speaker 1: We've got a much bigger total sample size on Moster than we do on a Chan who's just got the three games. I know Mostart's going to get a fair amount of work. I don't know how much a chan it's going to get. The lean goes to Mostard, But that was hard, hard question. The answer is you want them both?
Speaker 4: It could very well be Yeah, we'd be happy to have both. Let's go back to the matchups. I believe we're on, Oh, Minnesota Denver. Hey, that's me.
Speaker 1: Let's find the sheet of paper for that. Sorry, a little ruffling of paper in the background.
Speaker 5: And if you have most at NHAN, you just start them both in that offense, right, some people do, I mean they're gonna There are some of the listeners out there that a both.
Speaker 4: You just start them both every week, just see what happens, and.
Speaker 6: Then during it.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's any other backfields in the.
Speaker 1: NFL where we'd say just start both guys every week. But Miami would be that this is a Sunday night football game. We begin with my guy, ty Chandler. I already gave you he was my take a chance on me running back. I want you to know B grade on ty Chandler in this opportunity under the assumption Madison does not go in this game. We don't know for sure that that's going to be the case, but ninety percent of players who suffer concussions do not play the next week. So the presumption is Madison will not go in this game. All right, So let's go to the passing game, including TJ. Hawkinson valiantly playing through clearly brutally painful ri rib injuries in Dobbs's last three games. And this goes back to So this is Arizona, Minnesota, Minnesota, Dobbs has thrown forty one passes to his tight ends. Hockinson leads all tight ends in targets and receptions. It's not close and volume tight ends get paid. Against Denver, he averages almost an insane ten targets per game. Tight Ends against Denver with just six targets are averaging eighty yards and almost a full touchdown per game. So it is an A grade on TJ. Hockinson. Let's go to the other receivers, including Jordan Addison. I let me say this, I don't think George Justin Jefferson's gonna play. I was optimistic, more optimistic earlier in the week, but he never got in a full practice. He got in limited limited, and they've always said we're not playing Jefferson until he's basically one hundred percent. So I'm assuming he's not gonna go. And if he doesn't go, that hurts Jordan Addison, particularly in this matchup because star cornerback Patrick certain will have the ability to largely shadow Addison.
Speaker 4: That's not a great matchup.
Speaker 1: And Denver's engineered a remarkable turnaround from its early season woes. Over the last five weeks, Denver's allowed the fifth fewest reconceptions and the fifth fewest yards per game to opposing wide receivers.
Speaker 4: Really impressive turnaround.
Speaker 1: So and by the way, and Addison was a deep ball guy, Denver allowing the fourth shortest a dot in the league, just six point five yards on average depths of throw. So I can only get you to a C grade on Jordan Addison without Justin Jefferson on the field.
Speaker 5: Would it be a great game for Jefferson to come back just to be a decoy?
Speaker 4: Though I don't think they do it. And I don't think he would do it either. I don't think Justin Jefferson's got decoy.
Speaker 6: In his DNA. No, but you'd be a good one because you get a lot of attention.
Speaker 4: Would be a good one here.
Speaker 1: The slot position has been something of a problem for Denver if kJ Osbourne ends up going. We not clear if he's going to go get through the concussion protocol either, But if he does, he does run a fair amount from the slot, and he would be a potential start for you here as well with a C grade. If he does end up going. Brandon Powell's an emergency guy. Could be a punt but I can't give him a letter grade in this one. All right, let's go to Oh Josh Dobbs almost forgot Josh Dobbs B grade. Oh, where's my Dobby Sounder? We love Dobby?
Speaker 4: Where'd he go?
Speaker 3: Toby E's.
Speaker 1: The last two quarterbacks to face Denver, Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: I heard they're pretty good, yeah.
Speaker 6: Josh Allen. I don't know.
Speaker 1: They've combined in these two games against Denver. They combined for one touchdown and four picks, and they averaged two hundred nine yards.
Speaker 4: Neither of those guys are Josh Dobbs. Though they're not Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 1: That is astounding, astounding turnaround for Denver. Last week, in his first full game with the Vikings, Dobbs looked up. I think I would say more efficient than explosive. I expect just modest passing success for Dobbs in this game, but he has run for touchdowns in four straight games going back to Arizona. Six straight opposing quarterbacks have topped twenty rushing yards or scored a rushing touchdown against Denver, but none have been explosive ground games. I think we can give a B grade to Josh Dobbs in totality. Here, let's go to the Denver side. Javonte Williams has turned into basically the Denver offense. Denver has the third best run blocking grade according to Pro Football Focus, the third best run block win rate according to ESPN, and during this Broncos three game winning streak, Javonte Williams averaging twenty four touches one hundred and three total yards per game. But here's where he gets thorny. The Vikings are allowing the fifth fewest total yards and the eighth fewest touchdowns per game to opposing running backs, and over the past four weeks, Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Bijon Robinson, Alvin Kamara good running backs. None have topped fifty one rushing yards against the Vikings. Wow, Javonte Williams b grade in this one. Let's go to the passing game. I love Courtland Sutton in this game. And how about that touchdown last week, one of the best touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Of the year.
Speaker 1: He's at a four this week. Yeah, he is cortlans Y, CARLTT. Sutton is a He is a good.
Speaker 4: Were you at practice watching it, Brian, which but.
Speaker 1: The concern is only that he's a low volume, touchdown dependent receiver. Now, fortunately he scores almost every game, so it hasn't worked out. It hasn't been a problem most of the time. And I think Sutton carries touchdown upside again. This week, the Vikings are going to be without their number one cornerback of Caleb Evans, ruled out of this game and replaced not even replace him. The other starter is Byron Murphy, who's given up the second most touchdowns in the league, six in his coverage. So it's all good. For Courtland Sutton with an A grade. What about Jerry Judy? You might ask, barely startable due to his low catch volume, his lack of touchdowns. But the Vikings secondary has allowed the second most receptions eighth most yards per game, so I do think he's got an opportunity to put together five six catches fifty sixty yards. C level grade for Jerry Judy, And where does that leave Russell Wilson. I've given you an A and a C grade, so we'll put Russell right in the middle with.
Speaker 4: A B grade.
Speaker 1: Playing really well. But the thing on Wilson is lack of volume. Denver's thirtieth and pass right and Wilson only averaging nineteen completions per game. Get this, five straight games, Wilson hasn't topped one hundred and ninety six yards.
Speaker 7: Yeah, low pass yards, decent touchdowns.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Somehow, He's throwing a touchdown in every game all year and as the third.
Speaker 4: Most touchdowns on the season.
Speaker 1: Despite that, Minnesota's ranked sixth in pass coverage by Pro Football Focus, They've surrendered multiple touchdown passes in just one of their last five games. Russell Wilson comes in with a B grade. When we come back, Tennessee takes on Jacksonville. Dereck Henry d railed last week? Do we like him better in this matchup? Matt Harrison will guide us through the Will Levis led Tennessee Titans offense. When we return Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. We continue on as we break down every matchup of the week eleven slate, including Tennessee taking on Jacksonville. Matt for Tennessee, Will Levis has been very inconsistent so far. Do you like his chances against a Jacksonville team that just got drubbed by Dallas and Dak Prescott?
Speaker 7: Inconsistent? He looked like hot garbage last week against the Bucks. Maybe it's now because we've got three weeks of tape on him. Last week's matchup was easy, he totally failed. This week's matchup still good. The Jags are allowing two or seventy eight yards per game, that's seventh most in the league, and they've allowed the tenth most passing scores. I considered him to take a chance on me player, but I liked Lawrence this week. I'll give Levis a super flex C grade, But in single quarterback leagues. I'd keep him on the bench. The only receiver you can start is DeAndre Hopkins. He's had quite a long history against Jacksonville. In fifteen career games against Jacksonville, he's only top to one hundred yards twice, and he's only done that once since the twenty fifteen season. Wow, it's crazy, but he's seeing a target on about a quarter of Will Levis's passes this year, and since Levis took over hopkins a dot has extended to eighteen point six yards downfield. Corner Tyson Campbell looks like he's out this week, so little used. Back up Gregory Junior, whose name sounds like a stuffed animal my kids have.
Speaker 4: What happens if he names his kid Gregory Gregory Junior Junior.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I totally do it, and then he'd be Gregory Junior Senior.
Speaker 4: I would absolutely do that if I am so.
Speaker 7: Gregory Junior Senior is covering the right side of the field. He's only been on the field for eight snaps this year, and I like DeAndre Hopkins in that kind of situation. Hopkins gets a B grade the running backs. This is interesting because the Titans couldn't get anything going offensively last week against Tampa, and that might be because they were basically handing them their playbook. Dereck Henry was only on the field for twenty four snaps. He touched the ball twelve times.
Speaker 3: Ty J.
Speaker 7: Spears was on the field for thirty six snaps, but he only had five carries. So the Bucks knew that there was a fifty percent chance of a run if Henry was on the field, and an eighty six percent chance of a pass and Spears was on.
Speaker 4: The field tipping your hand a bit.
Speaker 7: If they do that again, they'll get destroyed. So they're going to go back to Henry. Henry will be on the field more this week, and history says it should work out. Five of the last six times he's faced the Jaguars, he's put up at least one hundred yards on the ground. The one he didn't, he went for eighty four yards. So I'll give both backs.
Speaker 4: A b this week.
Speaker 7: I think Spears should be heavily involved in the receiving game, and the Jags have allowed the most running back receptions in the league at almost eight per game.
Speaker 5: Remember the days when it was just a lock that Henry was going to have two hundred yards and three touchdowns against the Jaguars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much were the days. On the other side.
Speaker 7: I already told you that I like Trevor Lawrences, might take a chance in me quarterback, But what about his wide receiver as well, Calvin Ridley and Christian Kirk.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's a little bit more of a Kirk week.
Speaker 7: This week he'll line up in the slot against backup slot corner Eric Garrer. Wow, yeah, okay, who's a rookie and a converted safety.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: Garrer has seen limited snaps this year and has only been active for the last three weeks, but already allowed a touchdown in his coverage in a QB rating of ninety four in his coverage so far. Ridley gets Christian Fulton on the right side, and he's allowing a one to fifteen passer rating in his coverage, including a touchdown to Mike Evans that week last week. On the left side, when Ridley goes over there, he sees Roger McCreery, who's not yet allowed a touchdown this season. So Kirk gets the B and Ridley since he's kind of switching off between the two, I'll give him Evan Ingram. I want to put him on the bench, but he gets seven targets every week. It's the lowest, lowest volume c I can give him. As the matchup's pretty tough. The Titans rank in the top four in receptions and yards allowed to tight ends. They've not allowed a tight end score the season, and then again, Ingram hasn't scored a touchdown.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, so you want to call your shot right here. Nope.
Speaker 7: Travis Etn did nothing last week, but the Jags got absolutely destroyed by the forty nine ers in game. Scripts just kind of worked him out of the game. He only had eleven touches. I think he's back to seventeen plus this week, and that's good for this matchup. The Titans started the year really good against running backs, but have regressed recently. In the last five games they've played, six different running backs have had double digit carries, and five of them have put up at least twelve PPR points, including Najie Harris, Jalen Warren, and Rashad White in just the last two weeks. So Etn solid B grade here.
Speaker 1: It's a rematch from Week one as the Jets and the the Bills face off In that Week one game, Aaron Rodgers started the game, played blat on all.
Speaker 4: Like three snaps.
Speaker 6: How do you do?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, not not.
Speaker 1: Great, But Breece Hall rumbled for one hundred twenty seven yards chipped in another twenty through the air in that game. What do you think of Breece Hall as he takes on a Bills run defense that's been pretty.
Speaker 4: Good of late.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had only ten carries in that game and he had those one hundred and twenty seven yards. He had like an eighty yard touchdown run. Yeah, that was a lot of it, but he was coming off injury, still is, but his workload has rammed up a lot since Week one.
Speaker 6: I got a border I got borderline A on.
Speaker 5: Presall im to stick with the safe be Since Week won, the Bills I've had had had significant injuries on defense, including their leader, linebacker Matt Mulano. Bills are allowing the eighth most combo yards per game to opposing running backs. The last four running backs to face Buffalo up topped one hundred combo yards and scored a touchdown. Not monster numbers, but certainly serviceable. So a B for Breeze Hall, but no great on Dalvin Cook or is he a Boni Conda who might see some usage now that Michael Carter has been let go. But Cook the only I'm sorry, haul, the only startable running back for the Jets. The only startable wide receiver for the Jets is Garrett Wilson. He had five catches thirty four yards and a touchdown in the Week one game against Buffalo, who had all Pro cornerback tra Davius White. Then he too is now gone and on ir so you can start Wilson per usual. Wilson has seen twelve or more targets in five of his last six games, and over their last four games, the Bills EPs surrendered touchdown receptions who Kendrick Bourne, Chris Godwin, Mike Evans and Courtland Sutton. So Garrett Wilson can certainly do the same. I don't think Alan lazardken he is on the bench. Tyler Conklin is not on the bench. He was might take a chance on me receiver. He's a tight end, of course, love him this week. Do not love Zach Wilson. I am not a milth so he is on the bench. Over to the Buffalo side, James Cook, don't love him but I'm going to start him with a C. He had sixty three combo yards when these teams met in Week one, saw season high six targets in that game, had sixteen touches overall. Hopefully he sees that kind of usage. His snapshare has decreased over the last three weeks. He didn't get benched for more than a quarter last week after fumbling on the first drive for the Bills, but he did come back into the game. The Jets allowed these seventh most combo yards per game to opposing running backs, So a sea on Cook, but Latavious Murray and Leonard Fournett are on the bench. Stefan Diggs not on the bench, but just a bee for him. He did have ten catches, one hundred and two yards and a touchdown in the opener. Yeah, that's really a ceiling though in this matchup with Sauce Gardner.
Speaker 1: And DJ Reid might be better than sauce Gardner. Nobody talking about that.
Speaker 5: He's awesome, possibly, But you can't bench Digs in any matchup, So he gets the B. But you can bench Gabe Davis. Two catches for thirty two scoreless yards in Week one. That was his fourth straight game.
Speaker 1: Gust in your voice when you said, Gabe Davis.
Speaker 8: He's just been I've been benching him in the wrong spots. So this is probably one to start him because it's not good on paper. This is probably the I'll play him in daily, but I'm going to start him in seasonal. Four straight games under forty yards against the Jets for Davis. Davis has never scored against the Jets in his career, so maybe it's coming, but I'm not betting on that.
Speaker 5: He's on the bench. Tight End Dalton Kincaid is not, though he gets a be. Kincaid and Dawson Knox combined for seven catches fifty one yards in the opener. Knox is now an IR so hopefully that's a safe floor for Kincaid. That whole total, the Jets have surrendered the most tight end touchdowns so far this season, so a be on Kincaid and just a be on Josh Allen. In Week one, Allen had just two hundred and thirty six passing yards and a touchdown with thirty six scoreless rushing yards against the Jets. Not great, but the Jets have surrendered multiple touchdown passes only twice the season.
Speaker 6: I should have said, but that's not good.
Speaker 4: That isn't good.
Speaker 5: The butt is here, but they have allowed rushing touchdowns to quarterbacks in recent weeks, Jalen Hurts and Tommy DeVito Aka and j cutlet Ah.
Speaker 4: The butt is here. The butt is here.
Speaker 1: Did you give a letter grade and Garrett Wilson or di just misses see Wilson.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm a little more optimistic than you are. We'll find out.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you know what i'd give him if I was allowed, you charge one of two things.
Speaker 4: How about a B minus.
Speaker 1: No Pittsburgh takes on Cleveland. I'm gonna try to zip through this quickly.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: The passing game is in the hands for Cleveland.
Speaker 1: The passing game is in the hands of Dorian Thompson Robinson. And so we don't have a lot of starters here. Maybe Amari Cooper, who's logged at least eighty nine yards in four of the last five games, including ninety yards in the Week two matchup against Pittsburgh. I'd be more worried if Ricky cornerback Joey Porter was going to shadow him. But Porter sticks to one side of the field, and it's not the side Cooper usually runs from. Instead, he'll see more of veteran Patrick Peterson, who ranks his cornerback eighty four by Pro Football Focus. So Amari Cooper still barely startable with a C grade. That's it for the receiving game. Uh, David a joke?
Speaker 4: Who's is?
Speaker 1: I guess maybe tight end Wasteland? You could consider him. Dorian Thompson Robinson peppered him with seven targets in the one game that he started before, so maybe get some extra usage here. And Djoko currently averaging eight targets per game and only fIF and almost fifty four yards over his last four It's a lot of volume. Steelers have only allowed one tight end score though.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm just benching him.
Speaker 1: I'm putting him on the bench until Drian Thompson Robinson proves he can do a little something.
Speaker 4: How about Jerome Ford.
Speaker 1: They're gonna run a lot back to being the team's workhorse runner, averaging a whopping twenty two carries over the past two weeks, and he posted a career high one hundred and thirty one yards when he faced the Steelers in Week two. Steelers allowing one hundred and forty one total yards per game to opposing running backs. That's the fourth most lots of runs coming Jerome Ford B grade in this one, and I.
Speaker 4: Guess you could. Let's dust off this.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since we've heard from the FFW vulture. Right there, there is a touchdowns and five straight games despite only getting one third of the snap count of Ford.
Speaker 4: Basically, you need a touchdown from him.
Speaker 1: Steelers have only a lot five rushing scores all year, so there's plenty of downside from Hunt.
Speaker 4: But if all you need, if you're.
Speaker 1: Like touchdown only league, do you throwback to nineteen ninety, consider him startable.
Speaker 4: But otherwise we're not going there.
Speaker 7: Do you ever feel like you want to play in one of those old school leagues that's touched down only and you score it by paper.
Speaker 4: I lived that nightmare once before and I don't miss it at all.
Speaker 1: But I will give a shout out to Greenwood Elementary. Yeah, Plymouth, Minnesota. I visited the fifth grade after school fantasy football class, and they're doing all of it by hand.
Speaker 4: Because it's a math class.
Speaker 1: After school math class that's all about fantasy football. On Tuesdays, they score the previous week on Thursdays, they assemble their lineups DFS style, trying to figure out they pop powl together DFS style lineups.
Speaker 6: So in no time my hand.
Speaker 5: Don't realize they can drop out of school and professional gamblers.
Speaker 6: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Kids.
Speaker 4: Don't do that.
Speaker 6: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Pittsburgh side. Jalen Warren officially the starter for Pittsburgh. He's seen a increase in touches in four straight weeks. Browns are allowing the sixth fewest total yards the ninth fewest touchdowns per game to opposing backs. You new is you know the Browns are really good defense. Steelers have the seventh worst run block rate. The Browns have the number one run stop win rate, so it doesn't add up much here. He might be able to help through the air, even though the Browns are excellent against pass catching backs. Warren posted sixty six receiving yards in the Week two matchup between these teams, So.
Speaker 4: Still startable with the C grade.
Speaker 1: But not Naji Harris dead to us now that he's the backup and behind Frankly a better player in Jalen Warren.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the passing game.
Speaker 1: The only startable grade I can give you is Deontay Johnson, and that's only on volume, averaging eight targets a game, although just five catches on those eight targets, which tells you plenty about Kenny Pickett. He missed the earlier matchup between these teams, but averaged sixty one scoreless yards against the Browns last year and rarely scores anyway. So if that really fits here, since Cleveland's only allowed six wide receiver touchdowns all year, look, if you're cool with like six sketches in sixty yards, start Deante Johnson. But I think you can find something a little more interesting and all other parts of the Pittsburgh passing game around the bench. Cleveland's defense ranks number one in passing yards allowed, and it's Kenny Pickett. So that's all you need to know about that. It is that we're not monkeying with any other part of Pat Fryarmoth coming back move Horay.
Speaker 4: We're gonna wait and see what he can produce here.
Speaker 1: It was a promising season that's gone wrong, and Kenny Pickett hasn't improved. We're gonna we're gonna wait and see and not start him against Cleveland first game back.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Hey, when we come back, final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly, and that means.
Speaker 1: The FFW time machine, stay tuned to find out who you can pick up this week that everybody else is gonna try to pick up next week. When we come back, final segment Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Georgi, Matt Harrison, Brian Johnson with you. This segment we call premature speculation. We give you players to pick up now that others are going to try to pick up next week, but they're already on your team.
Speaker 4: We begin with Matt Harrison.
Speaker 7: I've got Israel Abana Konda. Don't want none unless you've got buns hun. The Jets dropped Michael Carter this week, and Dalvin Cook is not good at football anymore. So the next man up on the depth chart is fifth round rookie. Is he a Bana Conda called up our friend Thorne Eistrom asked, asked what his draft comp was, He called him discount Tevin Coleman.
Speaker 4: Oh, that does not exactly a ringing endorsement right there? Well, how about this who doesn't like a discount?
Speaker 7: And Tevin Coleman had a couple of good years in Atlanta, especially pass catching out of the backfield. Breese Hall has seen a lot of touches this year, and if they need a change of pace, Guy or Hall goes down for some reason, Bona Konda suddenly becomes very interesting and I'll.
Speaker 4: Give you another angle.
Speaker 1: At some point, the Jets may be mathematically eliminated or effectively eliminated for this season, and they just wind down Breese Hall. Yeah, that's the best part of that offense outside of Garre Wilson. They just want to take some miles off him. Sure, I like that angle. When you when you slacked us that that was going to be your choice, it didn't entirely add up to me. But now that we're talking it through, I like that Izzy Bona Konda decision his full name.
Speaker 4: Don't want not unless you got buns on. I don't get the right. So I don't know anything. You've never heard baby got Back.
Speaker 6: I don't get it either, and I've certainly heard that song. You can do sit ups.
Speaker 4: Ryan. You're taking your premature speculation. Player, Please somewhat related.
Speaker 5: I have former Jet running back Michael Carter who is uh related by the Cardinals.
Speaker 6: I believe the Vikings also put into college.
Speaker 4: They and people suspected they.
Speaker 5: Anyway, he's an Arizona Cardinal, and I suspect it might not happen this week, but he's gonna leap frog Keanta Ingram and Amari de McCart de Marcado as the backup running back to James Connor and Carter as he can play.
Speaker 6: He's shown he can play. Cardinals aren't making the playoffs.
Speaker 5: They might want to just give him some extra run towards the end of the year. He fits in the system. If something were to happen to James Connor, I'd presume you'd be the starter. So Michael Carter is my guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or again, they may want to wind down James Connor at some point and I run him into the ground. Mine is the now frequently mentioned rico' doddle, who's okay again. When I slacked him at the beginning of the week, this was a fresh new take. But now we talked about him like nine times over the course of this show. Really, I'm not going to repeat myself other than to say there's a very real chance he's the best running back on the Cowboys roster, and at some point they're going to have to give him more carries than Tony Pollard.
Speaker 6: So it's official. Go ad Rico Dowdell is what we are saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now, eight different ways of the course of this show, Tampa Bay takes on San Francisco. Brian, we already talked a little bit about Baker Mayfield. You take a chance on me quarterback. So do you like his receiving options?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I like Mike Evans and god When.
Speaker 5: I like Evans a little more, considering Godwin hasn't scored an eight of nine games and has top and has top sixty six yards just twice during that span, But I still love to see on Godwin. You you have to throw copiously against the forty nine ers. I got to be on Mike Evans. It's not an awful spot for Evans at all. Not The forty nine ers have allowed these sixth most wide receiver receptions and they've surrendered five scores to the position over their last three games. So again, like both receivers, but I got to be on Evans. See on Godwin tight end. Kate otten is on the bench, he plays all the snaps. He doesn't really do much, As you said, Baker Mayfield might take a chance on me quarterback.
Speaker 6: And lastly, Richard White more like Richard White.
Speaker 1: Hot lately much better. But this is a brutal matchup. It is just to see for White. But by the way, players who have more RB one games than White and that's a top twelve running back performance this year, that's a lot.
Speaker 6: No, really not.
Speaker 5: It's Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, and Travis Etn at the end of now, way, yes, way, top twelve finishes for Chad White.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm shocked by that. Okay, I will email you as finishing twelfth. But like you said, a brutal matchup. Forty nine ers are only allowing sixty three rushing yards per game to running backs, but they do allow more than five catches per game to the position, and White can catch the ball, so as ce on White over to the forty nine ers side. It's all pretty obvious.
Speaker 3: Here A on.
Speaker 5: Christian McCaffrey and not getting into that, I have a b on Brandon Ayuk and Deebo Samuel. The Bucks are allowing fourteen catches, one hundred and ninety seven yards and more than a touchdown per game to opposing wide receivers. They both have a potential they might eat each other's lunch. So just a bee on Ayuk and Samuel and a B on George Kittle. The Bucks are allowing six catches fifty eight yards per game to opposing tight ends, and it's a tight end Wasteland and Kittle's bike weeks come at any time, and then there's a chance this could be one of them. So a be on him and an A on Brock Perty against his past final defense allowing the second most passing yards this year. Perty as all as toys healthy A grade.
Speaker 6: I'll give them the Bonzi.
Speaker 4: Because well it's your last one, so it's your last chance.
Speaker 1: You got to use it. Samuel takes on the La Rams. Matt, you gave Zach Charbona as your take a chance.
Speaker 4: On running back. So what does that mean for Kenneth Walker? I gave him a very solid B grade.
Speaker 7: Here. The Rams have allowed four point three yards per carry, a mark that's ninth worst in the league, and the Packers trio of running backs managed one hundred and fifty six rushing yards against this defense in their last game before the bye week. So like that, the last quarterback to not throw for at least two hundred yards. Of the Rams against the Rams was Geno Smith in Week one, and hey, this is a Geno Smith stat. Over their last four games, the Rams are allowing an average of two hundred and fifty passing yards per game, thirteenth most during that span. Grouped in with struggling pass defenses like the Giants and Patriots, we were speculating that Gino could be on the verge of losing his job. But while Washington as a get well party for any quarterback right now, he threw for three to sixty nine and.
Speaker 4: Two last week.
Speaker 7: He's had multiple passing scores in three of his last four, So I'm sensing like two hundred and fifty yards and two scores this week. That's a good enough for a B grade for me. His wide receivers, they're tricky. Prior to facing the Packers before the bye, the Rams were turning into a passing sieve, with five wide receivers going for at least sixty yards in the prior four games, and three of those topping one hundred yards. Tyler Lockett hasn't practiced at all this week with a lingering hamstring injury, but He's done that this like every week since Week eight. He's ended up playing in each of those games. He's managed ten targets, eight catches, ninety two yards in a score last week against Washington if he's active starting with a B grade, DK Metcalf has had double digit targets and three of his last four, but hasn't scored since Week four and hasn't hit one hundred yards since Week three. But I like his matchup against converted slot corner Kobe Durant, where he has four inches fifty pound advantage. So Metcalf gets a B. Jackson Smith and Jigba will go from the slot against converted safety Quenton Lake. If he saw more targets, I'd really like this matchup even more. But as is, he's only seeing four to five targets per week and his average depth of target get this, four point five yards downfield.
Speaker 4: Rows there, So I'm gonna leave him on the bench now for.
Speaker 1: The Rams, which I think you're gonna gave the Rams game. Yeah, Well what about Jake Bobo yah Me? Since Cooper Cup return, Matthew Stafford hasn't topped two hundred and twenty six yards in a game.
Speaker 4: Well, how about this.
Speaker 7: Stafford is going to be back. Carson Wentz is gonna have to wait a little bit longer. The Rams changed their philosophy in about week six, and Cooper Cup came back in week five. In the first five weeks, Stafford was throwing the ball on average of forty one times per game when was averaging two hundred and ninety yards per game. Since then, he's only averaging twenty six passing attempts per game. That's fifteen down, yeah, and two hundred twenty eight yards per game. Now, maybe the bye week help Sean McVay see this issue, or maybe they remembered that they beat these Seahawks in Week one on three hundred and thirty four yards of Stafford passing. So I'm going to give Stafford a B grade here. The Seahawks have been bottom ten in nearly every passing category all the season, and with two healthy, good wide receivers and a good thumb for Stafford, I think we're okay here.
Speaker 5: It's the absence of Kyraen Williams. He was the glue that held that offense together and he's still going to.
Speaker 4: Be absent for at least one more week.
Speaker 7: Cooper Cup and Poka Nakua had Brett Rippan and a bye week the last two so that didn't work out for you. The bye week was probably better for you than Brett Rippon, It probably was. And the Rams thought so much of Brett Rippon that they cut him immediately and they told him you could never start again in the league.
Speaker 4: That's right. And where do he go? I don't remember where did Seattle? Did he go to Seattle?
Speaker 7: Oh? Just to get the whole playbook?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 7: After a great first month of his career, Devin Witherspoon has allowed a passer rating of one sixteen in his coverage over the past two weeks. He gets Cooper Cup most often, and he didn't see him in Week one. Tarik Woolan and his mittens will match up against Puka Nakua, who's never had fewer than ten catches in one hundred and nineteen yards in a game against Seattle. That's the only game he's played against Seattle. Woolan has allowed a score in his coverage in four of the last six games.
Speaker 4: I want to give a grades for both.
Speaker 7: I'm a little nervous that the philosophy thing is still an issue, So it's like the lowest A grade or the highest B grade somewhere right in there.
Speaker 1: You and I see slot cornerback Devin Witherspoon differently. I mean he's a defensive Rookie of the Year candidate.
Speaker 4: Yeah he is, but giving up.
Speaker 1: A forty six percent completion rate, fourth best in the entire league. I think Cooper Cup's actually got a sneaky tough matchup.
Speaker 7: This is last two weeks, haven't been good, won sixteen passer rating. There, Tyler Higbee isn't in any lineups anymore. So let's talk about the run game. It's probably a good split between Darryl Henderson and Royce Freeman for this one. We call that a bad split, Yeah, pretty much. It's worth looking ahead to Week twelve. That's when the Rams expect Kyron Williams to return. So somebody dropped him in your league. Maybe you don't have ir spots. It's a good time to pick up Kyrin Williams. But for now, it's a split backfield going against a Seahawks defense that's average against the run and very below average to pass catching backs. If that's the case, Henderson gets more of the nod here. The Rams have targeted Henderson seven times in his three games, and Royce Freeman has seen exactly zero targets.
Speaker 4: So that'd be Royce drop the organ, Freeman.
Speaker 7: The piano, the organ, the keyboard, the ukulele, the what's the key tar? Maybe I don't know. Henderson gets a C grade, Freeman's on the bench.
Speaker 6: Come back soon, Kyroen, miss you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one more week, one more.
Speaker 1: You know when you've add into you go on IR for four games and you add in a bye way.
Speaker 4: It's a long time away.
Speaker 1: Kien Williams was awfully good before and hopefully we'll be again. If you miss any part of the show. Get all my player rankings available for free Guillotine leagues dot com. Also your final hours to join a fresh new guillotine league.
Speaker 4: We are still.
Speaker 1: Drafting all the time, day night, all the way up until kickoff Sunday, basically for fresh new guillotine leagues at guillotine leagues dot com. Best of luck a week eleven heartfelt sories to those with Joe Burrow, Mark Andrews. Hopefully a better weekend ahead for you, Best elect everybody, talk to you a week how about? Tannessey Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.