Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, hang out?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: It's Laura Rosa and this is another episode of the Latest with Laura Rosa. This is your daily dig of all things pop culture, entertainment, news and all of the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: So you guys know, we always kick off the show checking in behind the scenes of the Grind. And this weekend, yeah, it's gonna be a pretty active weekend for me. I am heading into a content shoot that I'm actually just now getting back around to being able to like continually do so early on, what I would do is every month, at least twice out of the month, I would shoot like photo shoots, whether it was images that I'd be shooting for the Brown Girl Grinding that we have at Broncoorande dot com, or if it was just like lifestyle stuff, so like everyday stuff out and about just whatever only because a lot of like brandale stuff and like, you know, when you're working and trying to build in a social media space as a person that works basically as an influencer.
Speaker 3: Even though I don't like that word.
Speaker 1: A lot of it is they want the brands want to see you doing what you're trying to tell you're trying to sell them on that you can be paid to do. So I've always been pretty consistent at like making sure that like we shoot a lot, like and.
Speaker 3: Recently I've been sucking at that.
Speaker 1: Like I it's just hard sometimes trying to keep up with like everything that's happening at one time. And I'm be honest, the weekends where I don't have to like get up and go anywhere for work or do anything, I just want to eat good and go to sleep and watch TV. Like I'm already thinking about with this shoot coming up this weekend, and I'll make sure I get some behind the scenes for you guys, so you guys can kind of hear us live in action as we're figuring out the images and if you want to see the final images, they will end up making it to my Instagram that's Lauren the Rosa Everywhere l o r e N l o r O SA. A lot of these images will also be able to be used across like you know, my YouTube channel for new imaging and new branding. And then whenever I'm like booked for stuff, so speaking panels, speaking engagements, panels, keynote things like whatever. I have more images to send out for that as well. I be wanting to be home and I'm already thinking about dam were about to be there from like nine to six, and then like my brother's coming into town to help do some of the behind the scenes. I'm just hoping that people just want to go home after the shoot, or that they're tired too and they don't want to do much of anything. But when I say gearing up, I mean like there's a lot of like prep that goes into it. So we are pulling outfits, we're pulling shoes, call sheets, we're figuring out our shot lists and all the things we want to capture.
Speaker 3: I gotta get my hair done.
Speaker 1: Like there's a lot people people really try to make social media and building your brand, not even just on social media, but like building your brand aesthetically if you're trying, and it matters for me, Like you know, I want to build in the fashion world. I want to build in the beauty and the glen world as far as like makeup and hair, and eventually I would love to have my own brands there but I want to start the conversation now, especially because I feel like right now people care so much, like they'd be all in my all in my closet about the clothes, the outfits, where we're going, and I appreciate it, even though sometimes I'd be wanting to cuss people's kids out, not literally people's kids, but like y'all grown folks being in the comments with all these things to say, and I'm like, Yo, you're like forty, aren't you at work? Why are you worried about me and what I put on a day around my slim ways, baby won't way?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is that why y'all here?
Speaker 1: But I do feel like the conversation being centered around like fashion and beauty and branding for black women right now?
Speaker 3: Are we on a up? Like there's so much.
Speaker 1: Money in those areas, billions and billions of dollars that are spent, and we are literally the center of that universe. So I'm coming from my piece of the pie. So yes, getting back on the wagon of being consistent with stuff like that. So make sure y'all look out for the looks and the photo shoot that we'll be posting, and you guys may see some of these photos featured in some magazines. I'll let y'all know, though, So let's get on into the latest now. Now, speaking of being all into people's business and who in the business and.
Speaker 3: Who got what to say?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there has been a new character has entered the chat in this Pat poos in remy Ma back and forth, and this character is a cease and desist. Okay, they'd be like, choose your fighter right Like, I don't know if you guys know that's saying, but it's basically like you playing a video game, and there's all these characters in different fits and different looks you can choose from, and every time you throw a fighter in the game, it's a whole new battle and a whole new thing and a whole new level or conversation of the game that you're playing. Up. Pet Poofs has shot off a cease and desist to remy Ma. For background, for those of you guys who may not know, remy Ma and Pat Poofs have were together. They were together for about twenty some years married. They are supposed to currently be going through a divorce, but that has been that's been an ongoing thing for what almost a years. So now let me see when did Petpoofs file for divorce? Pet Poofs filed for divorce from Remy Ma. Oh yeah wow May twenty twenty five. So in his cease and desist, pet Poofs is saying that Remy Ma, can they want this free style of go away? He says that this music is a direct, profane, insulting, and highly negative piece of remarks toward pet poos. That's what his attorney is saying in a legend in this letter. Now they're also saying that at some point there has been discussion about a non disclosure on both sides, like they were, I guess both legal teams, Remy's legal team and Pappoose's legal team have been sitting and having discussions about what a non disclosure looks like and what the provisions around that would be, especially because they have a child in all of this, you know who will.
Speaker 3: Probably grow up one day and see and hear some things.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so there's been conversations, nothing signed, according to this document, but this discussions about the NDA and Pepposse's attorney in this season desist is like the you know, the actions following this song have been the complete opposite of what we discussed when we came up with this non disclosure, talking about them not being able to disparage each other, especially being as though their child will see this one day.
Speaker 3: So they want everything removed. They want to.
Speaker 1: Make it where where Remy is not at all able to publish, post record or disperse of defamatory, harassing or disparaging statements concerning pet poofs. And then the attorney request that the video the offending material be removed without delay. So they want it scrubbed from the internet. They want it taken down. But here's the thing. First of all, once time hits the internet, it has the life of its own. When Remy did this song, I want you to hear the parts that they're saying are.
Speaker 3: Insulting.
Speaker 1: So this is the part where Remi ma is talking about pet poofs and she's saying that like his action or lack their over the bedroom and all that, let's.
Speaker 3: Take hold you doing the most over.
Speaker 4: So so Dick got bit her since I was wearing bobos bitch you get a bullet through your shirt with a.
Speaker 1: Logo with Then Remima addresses the allegations which you know have been mentioned by Pappoos previously that Pat Poos would write her music.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to that, the.
Speaker 4: Third nigga claiming that they vote those hits when their whole career. They ain't never ghost folks shit, not for me or anybody else. You always zact and like you help a nigga, go help you.
Speaker 1: Now, there's another part of this freestyle that remy My talks directly to Clarissa Shields. But when she performed this freestyle recently a few weeks ago, I was at Angie Martinez's barbecue. She performed the freestyle there. She actually inserts Pep's name. She called, well they call him pepoofs. I mean his name is Petpoos if they call him pap She inserted Pep into the live performance.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen. Things on the internet have a life of her own.
Speaker 1: There's no way she'll be able to scrub every little post about this freestyle. It's it's going too crazy. First of all, it's just a good record. Like people actually like the song. It plays like crazy. I live in New York. I'm I'm here in New York running around in New York. It plays like crazy in the clubs, that's number one. They play it like crazy on the radio stations, all of them here. I don't know about wherever you guys look at, but it's going crazy here.
Speaker 3: And a lot of that is because.
Speaker 1: They're here, like they are New York artists, but also the people on the internet love it too. Remy did it and dropped it because everybody was doing the hyu fn li and freestyles. Hers just happened to throw a couple of shots their way. But the platform she dropped it on, it's.
Speaker 3: Been so viral. I don't even know how you would possibly do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure there are companies and agencies that can attempt to, but it's out of here literally.
Speaker 3: Now. I guess we just wait to see what happens from here.
Speaker 1: I have no statements at all from Remy's team, and this is one of them things where you do just have to wait to see what happens from here. Because pat Buz's attorney closes his letter with saying that, you know, if these things are not abided by, he can move forward with legal action and you know, request any damages for defamation, especially or in addition to that, those requests for them defamation remedies or you know, to be compensated for that. They can also as for legal fees and different things to be covered as well too, So we'll see what happens. Let's shift gears a bit to a story that has become a national news story at this point. So that's a woman in this woman, she's a surrogate. She is from Alaska. Her name is McKenna West, so mckenno West. She became a surrogate for a couple that is from California but wanted to have a baby. And when she got pregnant with the baby, they found out at twenty weeks that the doctors that doctors, they found out at twenty weeks per doctors that the baby suffered from hypoplastic left heart syndrome. So this is a very rare birth defect where the left side of your.
Speaker 3: Heart does not grow correctly.
Speaker 1: Now they say at birth the baby would have needed three surgeries to correct certain things right, and I do know that the baby was born, you know that is the new reports. Now here's the issue the family from California, once they found out about that birth defect and the quality of life that the baby would live or lack thereof.
Speaker 3: They didn't want to have the baby anymore.
Speaker 1: They wanted to abort the baby, and according to the sarrogracy agreement, they had a clause that allowed the couple to choose to terminate the pregnancy if there was any anomaly found, any issue found right. So McKenna refused to do the abortion and she fled state. She went to Texas, where she would be legally seen as the birth mother. This is insane because I feel like when you go into a surrogracy, there's so much we talk about legal stuff and legal letters and all that, like, there's so much legality to so many different things. But when you go into a surrogacy situation, you never think about someone trying to find loopholes in the fact that they're your surrogate and want to keep the child even though you don't. So McKenna was due to give birth on September second, but delivered the baby it's a baby boy, and named him Gabriel on Wednesday in Dallas, so that would have been about a week or so after her actual due date. Now, McKenna's attorney her this is a person that goes by the name of Lincoln Wilson is the one who gave the update that she delivered the baby and she's now the baby's birth mom. That's another thing you don't intend on either, because normally when women are as surrogates, they have mentally I've always wondered that though, like how does that work? But they have mentally accepted the fact that they're going to be carrying this baby, feeling the life of the baby and all these things, but this is not their baby. I've literally always wondered how a woman could go through nine months of carrying a baby, feeling the baby grow, the heartbeat, having those little intimate moments, talking through the bait, talking to the baby, because you still, like, even though you know it's not your child, you're not disattached. The babies literally in your body, and you're having to go through that and a lot of times, like I've seen stories of parents who do their baby through surrogates and they're super super hands on, so of course they're at like every doctor's appointment, they you know, as much as they can so they can act. She'd be a part of the pregnancy phase of it, but the connection is still probably way different.
Speaker 2: Didn't it, Sorry, didn't Chloe Kardashian say.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, he had a hard time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chloe, Chloe did a surrogate for one of her interest in children. Janet Jackson. No, no, no, no, Jenna Jackson carried her baby, didn't she.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pregnant, We just never seen what the baby looked like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry now, Yeah, Janet Jackson carried her baby. Yep, her baby boy. I think I thought she was a girl. No, her baby boy. His name is Issa Almana. He was born in January twenty seventeen with her husband at the time. But she gave birth at fifty years old. So I remember when she got pregnant.
Speaker 3: Did she do IVF?
Speaker 1: She would have had to at that age, right, necessarily let me see it was something wasn't completely hold on natural hold on. Oh yeah, I do remember the So yeah, she's never publicly confirmed whether she used IVF at all when she became pregnant with her first child. She kept all of that stuff private, but because of her age, a lot of people just assume that that's what it was. So that, yeah, it wasn't a surrogate, but it was the other like the other option of IVF for people that are not able to get pregnant. But yeah, I just often always wondered, like what is that like, like being so attached to something in your body and in disattachchent. I've also always wanted that too with people who put kids up for adoption, I do feel like if you don't want to be a parent, if you're not in the mental you know position or you know, even if it's financial, whatever the case may be. I believe in adoption only because I feel like babies deserve good homes and kids, like they don't ask to be here, so they do deserve that. But I always wondered how difficult that was to just give your kids, like have your kid just you know, floating in this this system of like let me pick and choose if I want to become your parents when they have natural born parents.
Speaker 2: You also or people also don't talk about like when I was breastfeeding, because is the Sarah gate gonna be breastfeeding too, because.
Speaker 5: You literally feel like I felt when my baby needed food or was crying. Like it's a weird sensation that you get, but like you feel like.
Speaker 2: The baby needing your breast milk.
Speaker 3: But if you're if you.
Speaker 1: Would still feel and had breast Mike and all that because the baby. But I just feel like Sarah gets signed up for that, like there's a disattachment that you have to sign up for.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting career, Like I don't.
Speaker 3: That's a lot according to reports the babies.
Speaker 1: When it comes to the baby's health condition, all that I can find so far is that those surgeries, those life sustaining medical surgeries and care that were needed are happening and the baby is still currently hospitalized. However, there's been a temporary restriction put on the surrogate, mom McKenna, so she can't see or hold the baby as the multi state legal and custody dispute between the surrogate and the intended parents proceed.
Speaker 2: How can they do that.
Speaker 1: Though, because at the end of what I think they're going to probably try and argue. I'm not for sure, but listening to this because she went to Texas where she had that researched, So there has to be some sort of clause for surrogates in Texas right when it comes to making that decision. That's why she went there. But whereever she was, wherever that contract is deemed like we're doing this in the state of whatever, and I'm assuming it's California. Those legal rights might protect the actual parent, but a judge, because this is now a legal matter, and a judge is gonna basically say, hey, right now, we just want to make it where all things halt. But legally and according to whatever contractor situation they have, those are that baby's parents. So until wee get that's that is a This is like a do's a big movie? This is like a movie. I feel I was gonna say I would never want to choose to do a surrogate, but I know most women who choose surrogacy. It's not normally just because they just don't want to carry their baby. There's normally like medical things or like something where they literally can't do it. So I also on the other side of it, just the mental and emotional side of it, for you know, the baby's actual parents. I feel bad, like cause it's like you have to mentally go through already like you weren't able to carry your own baby as his mom right, and then you find out that he will potentially a birth defects. And I know a lot of parents you know this, that's not an unnormal thing like people, more times than we know, are presented with the option to not move forward with having their actual child because of the birth defects in the quality of life or lack there of that will happen. So you're going through all of that decision making mentally and emotionally after not being able to I don't even know the full situation with as surrogancy, like why they chose to do a surrogate, but all of those emotions, and then on top of that, now you have to deal with a whole nother phase of emotions because your baby's here. The way he came into the world, the legal fight you're gonna have to go through is so public now, like it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wish everyone in this situation the best because I think the surrogate mom was trying to make it save a.
Speaker 3: Life, like there are a lot of people who don't believe.
Speaker 1: In abortion once a child is you know, past a certain point, or you know, if there's a whole lot Lord, I don't know wish I don't even know what to wish everybody the best or prayers or I mean, because yo, another layer of this is like the baby is still going through all these life saving surgeries, so that poor baby is also going through so much, is fighting to be here in this world right now. And that's a whole other thing that both sides are gonna have to deal with because obviously the surrogate has grown an attachment to the baby, attachment to the baby, and obviously the parents are like this, that's their baby regardless, and they don't the parents don't want the baby though, well they didn't want I don't even think it's always the thing of the parents don't want the baby.
Speaker 3: I think it's the.
Speaker 1: Your risk you're thinking about if I bring my baby into this world and he has to live this way, Do I want my child to have to go through that? And if you have the choice to not, then sometimes people choose not to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this has been another episode of The Latest with Laura the Rose of Guys. We will definitely this this surrogacy case. We're gonna follow this. I'm interested to see how this all plays out. And you know, just from a legal breakdown pspective, I'm interested to see what this woman's Oh maybe we can get her attorney on the podcast.
Speaker 3: We should do that.
Speaker 1: I'm every child because I'm very interested to see where her legal defense is going to be.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that's going to be something.
Speaker 1: They found a loophole of some sort in that different in Texas that she did, you know that she fled to. I don't know if they'll talk to me right now because they ain't a thick of it, but we'll try.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Latest with Lona Rosa.
Speaker 1: I tell you, guys, every single episode, y'all could be anywhere with any old body talking about all of the things.
Speaker 3: Child, but y'all choose to be right here with me, my lowriders.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, guys, and I'll catch you in my next episode.