Speaker 1: Welcome to Boss the territory, ladies and gentlemen. Sorry for being a little bit late. We had some news to discuss in the baseball world. Trek Schooble going to the Dodgers. If you were just with me over on the main channel, you got to see about thirty minutes of a breakdown, me just losing my mind completely. But I had to make sure I changed my uniform because here we are over on Mansel Territory, and ladies and gentlemen, who cares about Trek's schooble? Who cares? We just won a series against the two time defending World Series champion LA Dodgers, the best team in baseball in Major League Baseball this year. Holy cow, you gotta love that. You gotta love what's going on here with the Red Sox. They needed Trek's schoopble here, ladies and gentlemen, we saw, they saw first hand, and well, we what we could do to him. So they're like, all right, you know what, we gotta go get school. We can't. We can't take any chances here. The socks are hot, ladies and gentlemen. That's the only way they're gonna be able to beat the socks if there, if we run into him again in the postseason, if we end up getting to a World Series, they're gonna need all the trek Schoobels to take us down. Tonight was a statement win for the Red Sox. Last night felt like a statement But I said, you know what, hold on, let's wait the next couple of games. Is a really good Dodgers team, and it is obviously still a very good Dodgers team. But the Red Sox, they just executed their game plan here tonight. The offense didn't have a whole lot of opportunities, and against one of the best pictures on the planet and Yoshinoba Yamamoto, you have got to take advantage of every single opportunity you got. Seti had a couple of pitches, He had a couple of pitches where he had an opportunity, and he turned him into a massive game, easily one of the best games of his career. Two home runs here tonight. Holy cow, what a not just what a night for Seti, but what a year. I've been saying it. I feel like a lot over the last couple of weeks. What else does this guy gotta do to get the attention, to get the praise, to get the recognition that he deserves as one of the best all around players in the game. Not a bad stage in LA big night for Seti. But it wasn't just the long ball. It wasn't just a couple of big swings. It was also the good old small ball as well, something the Red Sox have executed very well this year. They broke out the small ball in the eighth inning, they broke out the speed, the aggressive base running. We'll talk about it, but this wouldn't have happened without a great night from Peyton Toley. And I said yesterday, I said, listen, I'm a little worried about Peyton Toley here tonight. A little worried because and we were. I felt like we were seeing that a little bit here tonight, early gone. You know, it gives up a home run. He was very hittable here tonight, give up nine hits, nine hits. But the key, like I always say, with him, it's gonna be the secondaries. It's gonna be the breaking and off speed. He didn't throw a whole lot of curve balls here tonight, but he made them count when he threw them. Again, he was able to wiggle around this Dodger's lineup just enough to have a solid performance here, executed his pictures. He threw a lot of strikes, he hit his spots. But then again, just breaking out those kind of pictures in the perfect spots, that's what That's what is gonna be huge for Peyton totally. The rest of the way is doing just enough to second guess the batters, doing just enough, and he did that here tonight. We also got a lot of news to talk about here, ladies and gentlemen. This isn't just gonna be a postgame show. This is also gonna be pretty heavy with the trade deadline news. We got a few stories to dig into. Not Trek Scooble, not Trek Scouble, well, of course, you know maybe that. Well, actually a whole lot of second I can actually take off one of these stories because one of them was about Trek Scooble. Believe it or not, the Red Sox they were connected with him and obviously no longer. But I'll give you my thoughts on that. I didn't really think there was anything with that. But we do have a couple of things to talk about when it comes to the trade deadline. We are less than forty eight hours away from the six pm deadline. It's gonna get spicy. Ladies and gentlemen, everybody. If you can't hit the like button, subscribe if you are just finding us. So the first time, we got about four hundred people in this chat. Holy cow, thank you for joining me here tonight, Ladies and gentlemen, Let's get to it here, let's get to it. I think, man, where do we start here tonight? You know what, Let's start off with the bats. Let's start off with the bats. We got to I mean, there's not a whole lot of bats, not a whole lot of offense talk about here. But like I said, taking advantage of a few opportunities here tonight. So in my notes, I really only have a few things here, really only got a few things because there wasn't really a whole lot of chances against Yama Moto here tonight. This guy's filthy, he's disgusting. You could see the Red Sox are a pretty tough time with him. To Every team has a tough time against Yama Moto. But Seti he stepped up right away in the first inning.
Speaker 2: Sadan steps in swinging a drive out to letch Center. Philly cracks this one back toward the wall, and it is gone. Come run of Satan. He strikes again in the Red Sox a quickly in front one and to nothing. Yeah, he likes to just stayed up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Had a great game yesterday, coming through with the long ball yesterday. Comes through again here today, And here was one of the few mistakes from Yamamoto. Here tonight hung a splitter right at the top of the zone. I mean, goodness, gracious, if there's ever an opportunity, there's one right there, said he taking him deep. But that wasn't the only time he went deep. Here tonight got to one too.
Speaker 2: I fly ball again deep left field, backing up Bernandez back it up to the wall.
Speaker 1: He is gone.
Speaker 2: Again, say done. Two home runs in the first three innings. He is out of his mind right now.
Speaker 1: It was another splitter that was hung a little too high. This one was a bit more inside on him, but said he did a great job turning on it. Man, oh man, don't throw splitters. To say it. I'm Rafaela Yoshinob Yamamoto. I hope you learned a valuable lesson, my friend, Bessetti going deep twice here tonight. The first one was to give the Red Sox the lead. It won nothing. Then they ended up tying it two to two. There we're gonna go back and forth a little bit here. Let's go to Peyton Toley, now Peyton totally again. He had to make some adjustments as the night went on. First time through very heavy fastball usage, he used some curves, second time through though very heavy four scene fastball usage, and then the third time he reintroduced the cutter, the sinker and the curve a little bit more so. He kind of went back and forth here tonight, first ending Otani with a base hit. Paz then lines out to Willier Otani, I mean, who does Otani think he is? Does Otani think he's like the best player on the planet or something? Because does he know who will You're a brad You is? Does he have any idea? I don't think he does. I don't think he has any clue. Well, he definitely knows about will You're a braid you now? Because Otani after Willier made the catch, Otani tried to get over to second base. Ah, we got an ad, of course, we got an ad. Nah dang it anyway, hold on a second, we'll let that play. But will your time and time again? This year guys have tried to run on him and I don't know why because his arm is so good in the outfield. Here was the play pie. Hez lining out to write pie.
Speaker 2: Hez swims and lines it to write into the sunshine for Willier bre you and he'll make the play. Tagging up with Tani, here's.
Speaker 1: The turn to second. He is gonna be.
Speaker 2: Out at second base.
Speaker 1: He got greedy, and he did get greedy ladies and gentlemen. Again, who does he think he is running on? Will you're like that? Come on, oh, Tani, come on? But then totally striking out Edmund on a curve, second straight curve in the ab so kind of made me think, Like Edmund, obviously everyone knows totally he's gonna pump fastball, so it's kind of biking. It was that been maybe expecting something different, but he went back to back curves. That's what I think totally need. Again, it's being unpredictable. That's the key for totally. So. I really liked that Ab against Edmund second inning, he left a sinker over the plate. I couldn't tell like where the location was gonna be. But unfortunately ta Oscar taking it deep and that gave the Dodgers the lead two to one. And you're thinking, with Yamamoto on the mound, Man oh Man, could be a long rest of the night. We'll get back to the Red Sox coming back a little bit later, or taking the lead a little bit later. But he was able to bounce back from that. Third inning, Edmund with a walk and then he gets Freeman into a double play and then he strikes out Keyk on a curve. I really liked the sequence here. Pounded with two four seemers, then he went with a change up to change speeds, and then he went back to two four seamers, and then he went with a curveball. I love that. That's a great sequence. That's what you need more of from Peyton Toley. Fourth inning Oscar or the base hit. But then he strikes out three in a row. Month Sy cut her away after kind of going all over the zone with the previous three pictures. Really changing locations there. That's another big key for him. He attacked Rojas with four seamers, put him away, blew away rushing on a four steamer up really good fourth inning for totally fifth inning, he strikes out Otani on a curveball. Man, oh man, goodness, gracious, you love that. Listen. That's how you know you got a good curveball. If you're getting Otani to strike out on it, well, you're doing something right. You're doing something right. Please keep using the curve ball a little bit more. But then Pie has with a base hit to right. He ends up sliding or hits it into the gap him right. Williard gets it. Pies goes to second, slides into second, comes off the bag a little bit. This is why you always keep the glove on the runner, always keep the tag on. Pies came off the bag just a little bit. Was able to get the out bit of a birthday gift for the Red Sox there. And then the sixth inning totally comes out again. He gives up a couple of base hits to Freeman and Taya. Stuck through it, though he gets Keykane Rojas to fly out. Mounsey striking out on a nice sinker outside corner, hitting spots, good location, competitive pictures, final line, six hits. Sure he give up nine or sorry, six innings sure, he give up nine hits, but two earned strikes out seven, a couple of walks, gives up the home run. Overall, totally got the job done here tonight. Quality start, Peyton, totally man, Peyton, totally. Bullpen was also amazing here tonight, Holy cow, this bullpen. That was a shut down performance from the bullpen here tonight. Slayton just breezing through the seventh inning, nasty sweeper to strike out Paz looking. Guerrero just coming in throwing gas. How many pictures did he throw? Over one hundred and one miles an hour? What was it like six of them? Tyrone Guerrero. Man, Well again, what a great story this is. We'll get back to Chapman in just a second, but we got to get to the eighth inning. Ainger Monasterio continuing his hot hitting as of late nineteenth double on a line drive to left field. Anger Monasterio, Man, holy cow, what has gotten into this guy? I mean, we saw him flashing defense like Nomar Garcia Para from back in the day. Nomar was in the booth last night. I think he saw him up there and he's like, all right, I gotta I gotta start playing some some of that good defense like Nomar used to play Anger Monasterio. What has gotten into this guy? Holy cow? But then Duran comes up. Duran lays down a bunt towards first, put it in the perfect spot because he ends up making it safe to first. But what I like about this is that angera Monasterio, aggressive base running getting to third. That was key here because Connor Wong unfortunately no Wangdong here today. He couldn't take it to his former team. Unfortunately he into a double play Monasterio getting the third there. That was huge, huge, because he was able to score on the double play there. They give the Red Sox a three to two lead. That was all our roll this chatman needed. He breezes through the ninth inning. Red Sox win three to two. Sure, only four hits, but they made him count. The Dodgers got a whole bunch of hits here tonight, but the Red Sox executed. They got the job done here tonight. Great game for the Red Sox here. You know, yeah, of course offensively you'd like to do more, but you know what, if you can get the job done against Yoshunoba Yamamoto, I am all for it, all for it a couple of big swings taking advantage of a couple of mistakes. Gotta love it, man, you gotta love it. Red Sox win three to two, record improves the fifty nine and fifty one eight Straat series wins. They're twenty two and four since July first. I mean, what else is there to say? Take a look at the standings? What have we got going on here, ladies and gentlemen? This does that say? Six? Back in the division? Six? Back home? Man getting pretty close. Got notifications coming on in, John Hayman, Holy cow, let's go to the wildcard. How is that looking here? I mean they are sitting pretty for a wildcard spot right now. The Yankees holding the first one. There are a couple of couple of couple and a half games ahead of the Red Sox in the first spot. But the Red Sox they are four ahead right now for a wildcard spot. I mean they are sitting in a great spot here. How about the Twins. I mean they just lost, but there's seven to three in their last ten. I mean they've made a they now have made They brought an aj mentor and they just made a move. Was that Dean Kramer is my brain remembering correctly, I think Dean Kramer. Look at the Twinkies, man, look at the Twinkies and the Guardians. I mean, they're playing rough lately, but they're tied for the third wildcard spot. The Rangers half a game back the Orioles game and a half back the Mariners. They did win here today, but they've been slumping. And funny enough, the Tigers. They did win here today, there are a few games back. Could you measure the Tigers make the postseason after trading Schooble. That'd be hilarious. I kind of need that. Could you imagine River Ryan ends up helping the Tigers get to the postseason. I'd love that, man, I'd love that. Anyway. The Red Sox, they're looking good. They're looking good. Let's take a look at Game three for tomorrow, Jake Bennett taking the mound against Emmett Shean. Well, I mean, if you're looking at it on the surface, Jake Bennett compared to Sheen this year with the numbers, has been picturing a lot better. But listen, you know what, we can look at the numbers all day. I'd love to go obviously, I would love this sweep here tomorrow. Of course we would, and you got a great chance to do so. But listen, you know, Jake Bennett, I am very curious about this start. This is a big time start for Jake Bennett. You're going up against the two time defending World Series champions. This is this is an awesome test for Jake Bennett. Peyton Totley, he got the job done here tonight. Can Jake Bennett give you the same thing? I'd love that. This is gonna be awesome. I'm very excited to see what he can do against his Dodgers' lineup because he has just been getting guys just off balance all year. Well after coming up the second time, he's just been fantastic. But Emmitt Shean, taking a look here at the stat cast page, what have we got going on, mister Sheen, Now looking here, he is getting guys to chase out of his own. He is getting swing and miss. He is striking out a lot of guys. He's not walking a lot of guys, but he's just giving up a lot of hard contact middle of the road. With his average exit V low, he's giving up a ton of barrels hard hit percentage of the road and he's giving up a lot of flyballs thirteenth percent tile with his ground ball percentage. He's been very home run prone. Twelve home runs off the four seamer this year, six' eleven, slugging five point thirty one expected. Slugging so you got to look for these four seemers here. Tomorrow but then, again will he make those, Adjustments will, he you, know maybe start leaning on some of these other. Pitches but whatever it, is whatever's going on with this four, seamer he's got to execute it a little bit. Better he's giving up five home runs off the slider as, Well so, yeah very home run prone this, year very home run prone The Red. SOX i got a good. Opportunity will we See Wilson contreris back in the. Lineup i'm Obviously, wilson and that, ALSO i forgot to point that. Out No wilson playing here, tonight and you still got it done Against. Yamamoto holy cal you can't stop the, socks ladies and. Gentlemen. Now obviously he's going through concussion. Protocols So i'm just seeing if there's any update On. WILSON i don't, know because you, know usually they'll say stuff after the. Game so here we, Go Wilson contreras to be what is the? Latest, oh there we? Go, okay so there we. Go there's the. Update Mac, SORELLO i, believe of The Boston. Herald Shadow tracy, says the plan is For wilson to play. Tomorrow you gotta love, that ladies and. GENTLEMEN i Need Wilson contrera's to get back into this lineup tomorrow after getting hit in the freaking head with a fastball and then he proceeds to take his, Base Wilson contreras will be the absolute TOUGHEST sb one Of i'd, say easily near the top In Red sox. History if he comes back here, tomorrow it's a home. RUN i need. THAT i need. That please give it to, me. Please SO i mean the fact that you Got wilson having a career year at the, play going up Against Emit, shean who's had a lot of problems with the long. Ball you got a really good shot at a sweep here. Tomorrow hopefully they can get this. Done if they, do man oh, man the conversation is gonna get is gonna get. Crazy it's gonna get. Crazy and then you got the. Deadline we got an off day On. Monday man oh, man exciting, times ladies and, gentlemen exciting. Times, now we do have a little bit to talk about with.
Speaker 2: The.
Speaker 1: Trade, now we got a couple of things to talk. About we've got a couple of things to talk about.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Now, also before BEFORE i do move on to, that no sponsor for, tonight BUT i do just want to let you all know make sure to go check out The Foul Territory. Shop, well let me actually see. Here, uh we got we gotta start promoting the. Shop they're getting some pretty nice stuff in. There ladies and, gentlemen you gotta go check it. Out they're getting some new. Shirts they've partnered with The Players association as of, late and, uh we got some nifty looking stuff. There so go check out Foul Territory shop for Foul territory merch as well As Monster territory merchandise as. Well we got, shirts we got, mugs we got, hats we got all of. It so go check it out foul territoryshop dot com FOR ft gear as well As Monster territory. Gear moving on trade, deadline we got a fun one to talk about, here fun one to talk. About according To jen McCaffrey The Red. Sox, well ACTUALLY i believe this was from Mass. Live originally The Red sox have inquired About Cincinnati red Shortstop ellie Day La cruz and Starter Hunter. GREEN i will say, This Jared carabas in section, ten they were hinting at this like a few days. Ago so let's kind of you, KNOW i don't believe they reported it, anywhere but they were discussing it on their. Podcast so just want to point that. Out those guys were talking about this a few days. Ago so but Mass live they put the report out and Then jam, McCaffrey she's been putting it out here as. Well, Now ellie Day La, cruz we've talked About. Ellie he is going to cost a, boatload ladies and, Gentlemen he's gonna cost a. Lot now if we were take a look at a. Trade and ACTUALLY i think there was a report out. THERE i don't know where it came, from BUT i saw it somewhere that The reds they were. ASKING i, mean obviously It's ellie Day La, Cruz you're you're gonna ask for a. Boatload but reportedly it looked like they were looking For. FRANKLINARIUS i believe Even peyton totally came up in that. Conversation AND i Think Roman ANTHONY i saw him in that. Conversation so, yeah it's it's gonna cost a lot to acquire one of the best players in baseball In Ellie Daily. Cruz he's got a lot of surplus value for. Me i'd be open to talking About Franklin, Arius but if you're having to include guys Like Roman anthony and you, know say A peyton totally in there as, WELL i Mean i'm Probably i'm just not doing. It i'm just not doing. It i'm gonna be looking at other avenues. Personally we'll Talk, franklinarius you, know maybe a couple other pieces in, there BUT i, Mean i'm not giving Up roman and uh and a guy like totally in there as. Well that's just. Me you can let me know your opinion about. That AND i could see other people, saying, oh if we had to give Up, roman who, cares he's not even with the. Team, WELL i still Think roman is absolutely primed to have himself a great. Career starting to work his way, back now starting to feel pain free with the. Swing hopefully he can make it, back but, YEAH i don't Know Ellie Da La. Cruz of COURSE i would love to have, him BUT i don't.
Speaker 2: Know.
Speaker 1: Franklinarius, YEAH i can talk about, that but you, know other big pieces like, That i'm not really game for that. Now we also had a little something else in here as, well and we actually had something On Xavier. Edwards and actually this was from The athletic From Cam. Rosenthal The Boston Red, sox after losing trade Acquisition curtis mead to a fractured left wrist in his first game at the, club are looking for additional infield help While. Miami While Miami marlins Shortstop Otto lopez is of, interest Another marlins in Fielder Xavier, edwards also has The socks's. ATTENTION i can confirm That i've actually had a little birdie out. There tell me that conversations have happened with The Red, sox with The Red sox And Xavier, edwards and other names that have come up in that conversation Are Anthony ironson as well as Reliever John king with The. Marlins so you all know, ME i gotta go right check out the surplus values and that actually does line up. Right Xavier, EDWARDS i think would be a really solid. Option a guy that's got a ton of, speed a lot of bats to. Ball he's not gonna have like a ton of, power but this is a guy THAT i think could thrive At Feenway. Park. Right, yeah he's not gonna hit him, out but this is a guy THAT i think could rack up a lot of triples At. FEMWAY i think can get a lot of doubles. There guy is just a hard nosed. PLAYER i think it'd be a really nice addition for The Red. Sox, now he still has over three a few years of, control but he fits right into the mold of what The Red sox have been looking. For fits right into the mold because again they've got more bats of. Ball he doesn't really strike, out has, speed and he'd be perfect atop the. Order would be a really nice. Addition, so you, Know Anthony, ironson that's a GUY i could see The marlins absolutely being interested in because he has swinging miss. Stuff that's what The marlins go, for you, know they look for that, upside Right, anthony iinsen he's had a breakout year in the minor. Leagues he's looked really, good so, YEAH i could see, this, uh you, know being a reasonable. CONVERSATION i don't think you're giving Up Franklin aarius For Xavior, edwards, Right but you, know could you do something Around? Anson and you, know even if you were able to get someone Like John king, now a guy that still has another year of, control and if you're looking at a surplus value, WISE i, mean that's right, there that's right. There don't think this is too crazy of a. Conversation it would sting a little bit to get rid Of Anthony. Iinson but you think about The Red sox. ORGANIZATION i, mean they have a surplus of pitching within the. Organization they got guys coming. Back Tanner hawck as, Well Chad tracy saying here today that he's starting to throw multiple bullpen sessions per. WEEK i believe he's up to forty pitches at this. Point So Tanner, houck he's on the. Mend you could definitely see him back at some point in maybe a month he gets a few rehab. Appearances, Right, so you, know Could Anthony iinson be? EXPENDABLE i don't think it's completely out of the. Question and if we take a look At Xavier edwards he's had himself a very nice. Year, actually DO i have hold on a. Second we were talking About Otto lopez the other. Night that's not gonna. Happen those conversations seem to be dead and, actually so, YEAH i. Did the person THAT i did speak, with they were saying that they're asking a lot For Auto. Lopez all. RIGHT i, mean, hey he's your starting. Shortstop he's got a lot of control, left he's having a great. Year so, yeah it's gonna cost a lot to get an everyday caliber shortstop Like Auto, lopez no, matter you, know even though he just broke out this year with the. Bat all. Right so that's where you, know Maybe Xavier edwards could be an. Alternative and if we're looking at the numbers here hitting two eighty eight on the, year seven sixty three. Ops he has a good on base percentage out a three sixty, eight he's only striking out thirteen percent of the time one THIRTEEN wrc. Plus, again this is a guy THAT i think could be a pretty nice solution at the top of the order. There and then When Curtis, mead if he comes. Back NOW i can see people, saying, oh we Have Curtis mead at second. Base Curtis mead can dh. RIGHT i mean that's kind of you, know if you look at him defensively in his, career it hasn't been. Amazing you, know he's second. Base it's a small. Sample he's not all, right but you kind of feel Like mead would be better off d hing most of the, time and then you can kind of rotate guys in and out Right mead plays in the field a little. BIT i Think Xavier edwards would be awesome for The Red sox, Personally Otto. LOPEZ i had my mind on him just a few days ago because that was the name that was out, there, Right Xavier. Edwards you, know this is a guy That i've talked about in the past being a, possibility. RIGHT i think it'd be a really nice addition now if we were to take a look at uh. Again the other name That i've heard Is John, king and you've all heard me talking about the possibility of getting a left handed reliever into this. Bullpen, NOW i think you're Pretty you're good when it comes to you, know these shutdown guys at the back, end earld This chap And Garrett, whitlock Justin slayton's looked. AMAZING i, mean, shoot Even Greg weiser for crying out loud to look good as of late And Tyrone. GUERRERO i think you're pretty much good with like the big. Arms but if you could get a lefty guy Like John king who's having you, know He alray's at a two point five to, one THE fip is a full run higher over a full run higher at a three point ninety. Four but a guy that's gonna get you, know he's not gonna get a whole lot of, strikeouts but he's not gonna walk a lot of. Guys he's gonna get weaker contact for the most. Part hold on before let me hold, on let me double check. That, OKAY i take that. Back, okay he is giving up a bit of hard. Contact this here average exavillo in the bottom, half barrel percentage in the bottom, half hard hit, percentage the middle of the. Road but he gets guys to. Chase he's a tough ab. Right if you bring him in against the lefties in certain, SPOTS i think that could be pretty. Neat SO i think you'd be a pretty decent add on in a trade like. THIS i don't know IF i were to kind of think, HERE i don't, know would The Red sox give Up Anthony ironson in this? Deal Is David edwards is really, good But Anthony ironson is looking really good, Too so this would be one of those like you have to you got to like kind of pause for a. Second edwards would be really, good But ironsen is a good amount to give up in this kind of a. Deal, so and you, know it would help to get someone Like, king but we'll. SEE i think The Red, Sox i've said this, BEFORE i think they're looking at a whole ton of options out. There that's the vibe That i'm. Getting you, know we keep hearing all these different. Names we're Hearing Ellie Dala cruz for crying out. Loud the fact that they're calling The reds About Ellie Dala, CRUZ i think that says. SOMETHING i think they're going all over the. PLACE i wouldn't even be, surprised as they've called About, lindor you, know, like, hey what's, uh what do you think about the? CONTRACT i wouldn't be surprised about. That so seems like there's there's a whole lot going on. Here we also had here That George springer could be a. Possibility and we have talked about guys Like Tyler sodstrom, before, right you know that would be that would be hard to. Acquire but guys like if you're looking for something else to add to THE dh, spot play a little bit of left. Field, Obviously Jaron duran with the down, year Could springer be an option? Here the guys hit great At Fmway park in his. CAREER i, mean holy, cow this guy is just torched The Red sox in his. Career it's another example of if you can't beat, him we'll go trade for.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 1: Right obviously The Blue jays they've fallen. Apart But springer there seems to be some interest from The Red sox, side according To julian. McWilliams but also The Red sox are not on his no trade. List he would approve a trade To, boston so that's. INTERESTING i wouldn't be A i would not be mad at, this to be honest with, YOU i really. WOULDN'T i could see a lot of people thinking, like, really like that's the move you. Made But, springer with his, profile with his, swing with his history At Famway, park with his history against The red Sox, YEAH i think that'd be pretty. Solid, right it's gonna be it's gonna cost you a lot to go get a, shortstop to go get a second. Basement i'm not saying don't try for those. Guys, yeah really try for those. Guys but if it ends up just getting to the point where it's it's too, much and you, know like even that trade we just talked About Xavier, edwards you, know would you give Up Anthony anson For Xavier? Edwards it's a. Lot it's something you really got to sit down and you, know you got to think about for a, second, right Be, Arrius like you're not Gonna you're. Not you shouldn't get rid of this guy unless you Get ellie Day La. Cruz, Right but even then they're asking for the moon After. Arius so if it ends up being, that it's just the asking prices are just too. Ridiculous like it's one thing to give Up, arius but if you have to give Up arius and totally And, roman it's like come, on like you, know like that's not even that's. Crazy you could have a conversation with me About, arius but that much, more come, on that's No so got you gotta play to the, market, Right, yes be aggressive out, there put your best offers out, there, really you, know be a really try to push the. Envelope but if it's just, ridiculous if teams are not gonna be willing to be, realistic then If springer ended up being, like you, know your last option and you pulled that, OFF i wouldn't be mad at. That, necessarily wouldn't be mad at. That, again there's other OPTIONS i would rather go, for even you, know again getting back To Xavier, EDWARDS i brought Up Louisa rise here. BEFORE i think that could be a really nice option for the top of the. Lineup he would also be a. Rental keep your eyes on Louis A rise as. WELL I i wonder there because you're also you're seeing reports about The rays out there being connected With Louisa. Rise feels like they've been connected with him. Forever SO i don't, know like the fact, that like The Red, sox they're calling About Zavor, EDWARDS i wonder if there's a bit of a connection like with interest there could there BE i don't, KNOW i don't. KNOW i always just wonder when guys are in the same. MARKET i wonder if other teams are kind of calling about everyone in that, market, right we'll. See you, Know Xavior edwards was with The rays at one. POINT i don't think The rays is going to go after him. Again so, yeah a. RISE i think he'd be a really good option as well for the top of the. Order i'd love some of at the top of the. Order that's What i've been. Wanting they've had horrible numbers out of the leadoff. SPOT i really want them to figure that. OUT i want them to get a consistent option at the top of the order every single. Day and then If roman's able to come, back if he's able to find his way, back then you put him right in the middle of the order right. Now, also there's. Catchers there's no reports on catchers at least from What i've, seen but you could still go that, route right you, know you even See Connor wong here. Tonight, sure you know drives in the eventual winning, run but on a double, play you, know could that be something where they're, like, hey you know, what let's try to add some offense behind the. Plate you, know we're talking about The, marlins, Right Liam? Hicks could that be something? There so And john in the. Chat you, know you make a decent argument right, There Luisa. Rise he's gonna cost a lot less Than Xavier. Edwards so, like could you go after a guy In louis A rise that's gonna give you similar at least with the. Bat he'll give you similar production with the bat compared To Xavier. Edwards but then you save, Yourself Anthony. Ironson it's not gonna cost, You Anthony iinson to Get louise A, rise, Right, so you know you could make that argument. There With, edwards he gives you the. Speed he fits into that. Profile so it's gonna come down to whether or not The Red sox think the juice is worth the. Squeeze and With edwards you'd have for a few. Years, right there's your second basement for the next three. Years you don't got to worry about second base. Anymore that's What ALSO i kind of like about, it Because i'm also just like kind of over this revolving door at second. Base it just feels like you just can't find the, answer you. Know Marcello. Meyer, also there was a report On Marcelo meyer here today saying that he had no trade. VALUE i completely disagree with. That i've even talked with someone behind the scenes about that as. Well you, know if, anything LIKE i think a lot of he we were having a. Conversation he was, saying if, anything he could be viewed as at least a average major, leaguer you, know down the, road you, know if you want, to you, know talk about a ceiling at least an average major. LEAGUER i don't think he has zero trade. Value. NOW i THINK i believe that report was From Pete. ABRAHAM i, think at least in my, opinion the WAY i interpreted that was teams at the end of the, day they, preferences, Right so, yeah, sure teams out there may have no interest In Marcela meyer whatsoever because of the injuries that he's. Had, YEAH i think that's. Fair but to say he and again this is where it comes down to organization to. Organization teams are going to have different. VIEWS i think a. LOT i think there would be at least a few teams out there that would See meyer, like, yeah he's had a lot of, injury but there's definitely some. Upside SO i think you kind of meet in the, middle, like, yeah you, know he has a shot to be at least a good average, player SO i don't think he has zero trade. VALUE i think that's. Incorrect i'm going to push back on. That, uh what Did katillo, Say? Katillo what do we? Got Red sox clubhouse very interested in the. News The dodgers Got trek schoubl after the, game the more direct. Aftershock Emma sheen isn't in the deal and we'll still pitch against them. Tomorrow The Red sox might figure out the long term future of the shortstop position Before monday. Afternoon for, now, Though Angel monasterio is holding his. Own is there anything in this article that's worth looking? At? Here does he talk about a trade? RUMOR i think this is just an. ARTICLE i mean he says here the coming days could bring a big move that Displaces monasterio as the everyday. Shortstop and even if they, don't something like the healthy return Of story Or meyer or the rise Of arius eventually. Will for, now, though The Red sox are happy riding the hot, hand And monasterio is thrilled to be in the center of one of the best directions of baseball in recent memory for the. Franchise, yeah just an article of Of Chris kattillo talking about mister, else what was this hold on a? Second never? Mind Sorry. Katillo with an article On Angel Monasterio Steven Kamal, ROBBIE i think you had a couple of drinks too many when you're talking About anthony ironsen in And i'm not sure what you're saying talking About. ANTHONY i think you mean iensen here plus For Xavier edwards And John king who got terrible. Stats Zavior edwards doesn't have terrible, stats So i'm not really sure what you're talking. About Xavier edwards has been very good this. YEAR i, mean if we're looking at, it if you want to just look at it batting average, wise we want to look at it on base, wise the guy's been. Great he's not striking. Out he walks it get him out as. Well he has a twelve percent walk rate compared to a thirteen percent strikeout. Rate he's hitting two ninety, one a three seventy two on, base a four hundred. Slugging granted that's At Marlins, park so that's a little more favorable for the left side of the. Play but he's a switch hitter two a one to THIRTEEN wrc, Plus i'm not sure what's what is the problem With Xavier edwards? HERE i don't. See he's got a two and a half f war this. Year if we're looking at the leaders among second base he ranked seventh overall among second basemen this. Year he's got eighteen stolen bases. Too he's been very, good So i'm not really sure what you mean about him not being a good. Player and he's got three years of control, left so he's gonna have a decent. Surplus. NOW i think IT'S i think it's a. Conversation is it Worth Anthony. Iinson i'm not saying it's Worth Anthony. IINSON i think it's at least a. Conversation depends on do you feel Like edwards could be the guy that pushes you over the? Edge is it worth giving up your top pitching? Prospect i'd like to have someone Like Xavier. Edwards but that is. Tough that that is a tough pill to. Swallow that's absolutely. Uncomfortable absolutely definitely an uncomfortable. Conversation tart if click on the, FIELDING i, mean if we're looking, here hold on a, second what? HAPPENED i lost my? PAGE i Mean's Xavier? EDWARDS i mean he's about league average when it comes to his, defense at least on. Fangrafts if we're looking at CAST i think outs above. Average, wise he's, uh you, know he's a negative. One it's not like it's league average. Defense the arm strength is not there at. All but he's at second, base So i'm not mad at. It but, again it's a good. Conversation is it? Worth Anthony, Iinson that's something you got to think, about Right but, EVERYBODY i am gonna wrap it, UP i believe right. There any super, chats any super. Chats John anthony Is Anthony Iason Is Brian beo's? Replacement maybe could. BE i don't, know But Brian. Bao, Listen i'm not down On bao at. All right, now this guy picked great for The Red sox, yesterday man Oh Man. Austin has he increased his trade? Value i'd say probably. Not you, know he's a starting picture pitching out of the bullpen right, now so, yeah he could have a good Perform he could have good performances and over time maybe it gradually comes. Up but he's underwater right. Now. Uh most thirty Eight Red sox Breaking Red sox show interest in elite. Players every team shows interest in elite. Players that's not, new that's a that's pretty normal Across Major League. Baseball teams are making calls left and. Right The Red sox are not the only team that does stuff like. That that's not me defending, them but you, know every team is going to be making phone calls about every, player. Right it just so. Happens The boston media they're very good at finding when The Red sox make these, calls and they put it out, there, right so buttered. Sausage, Hey, robbie how's it. Going we're doing Good Man trek's. Schoolball go to The, Dodgers man Oh. Man the baseball world is not liking that, One man Oh. Man but, hey good for The. Dodgers good for The. Dodgers, calvin do you think we Get springer And? EDWARDS i have no. IDEA i don't. Know I'm i'm right there with. You i'm waiting see over. HERE i have heard About. EDWARDS i can confirm that that definitely has been a conversation that has. Happened, SO i mean that was reported, there but WHAT i heard was was Was iensin has come up in that. Conversation we'll, See, david do you think we should get one stud bat or multiple cheap. Rentals, yeah it's a boring. ANSWER i think it comes down to the. Market IT'S i, mean what is, available what are the asking? Prices are you able to get a reasonable? Deal like to, Me ellie de La cruz For, Franklinarius Roman anthony And Peyton toley is not. Reasonable i'm not giving that up FOR i Like ellie de La cruz a, lot But i'm not giving all that up in no. Way so you, know depends on the. Market really depends to. Me, craig he has shown the ability to make strong offers in the. Past we got the Report, Peyton totley And Franklin aarius For Joe, ryan the problem was the. Pivot that's gonna be the. Key if he can't get the deal that he, wants he has to make sure that he sets himself up for a good. Alternative that is the key in my opinion For Craig. Breslo we'll, see we'll. See i'm out of, here ladies and. Gentlemen we got the big day coming up rather. Soon we'll be here. Tomorrow game time is at seven o'clock seven to Ten eastern time, tomorrow right around that, time so we'll be here right around ten Pm eastern time to talk about the third game of the, series and we'll be absolutely talking about. Everything trade deadline tomorrow. Night i'm out, here. Everybody if you kind of the way, out hit the like, button subscribe if you're, new and we'll see you tomorrow