Speaker 1: Welcome. It is verdict was Senator Ted Cruz ben Ferguson with you as always and Senators so you guys worked late into the evening. As I guess, the big guy in charge the Senate decided, let's cram some more bad bills down the throats of Americans while they're not paying attention on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: What all went down, Well, that's exactly right. We had a late night voting session Friday night went till two in the morning, and it was really astonishing. The Democrats doubled down on open borders, they doubled down on weakness towards Iran, they doubled down on anti Israel bias, they doubled down on extremism. These Dems have decided they know which side their bread is buttered, and it is the open border, radical leftist view. And we saw vote after vote after vote that every Democrat, like Lemmings, jumped off the cliff of these extreme positions, including a whole bunch of Democrats who are on the ballot in November. Those vote votes Friday night are going to be front and center in every one of those races. Not only that, but we also have the state of Michigan. This is actually quite remarkable. The state of Michigan is offering you five hundred dollars to house an illegal alien in your home. This is the taxpayers of Michigan. This is their response to Biden's open borders is hey, five hundred bucks, and you too can have an illegal alien in your home. Just hope it doesn't have to be a criminal illegal alien. And finally, we're going to talk today about the Biden administration putting out written guidance in their National Intelligence Agency saying no longer refer to radical Islamic terrorism as well Islamic that that offends their politically correct sensitivities. And so if we can just remove any reference to Islam from Palestinian Islamic Jahad, from Jahad, from isis, from al Qaeda, just omit their motivation, that would be a lot better for them politically. If they could just have the entire intelligence agencies ignore what's actually going on.
Speaker 1: It is sad, but it's true. It's really there in writing, and we're going to go through all of it. Let me tell you real quick about our friends over blackout coffee. If you're like me, and you've got to start your day off with a great cup of coffee, not an average cup of coffee, but a premium cup of coffee. Then you need to check out Blackout Coffee because this is one hundred percent America and zero percent woke coffee company. You know what's happening with woke companies in America, and there are a lot of woke coffee companies. They're taking your dollars and giving them to hard left causes. Well, you don't have to worry about that with Blackout Coffee. And not only are they one hundred percent of America, but it's a premium cup of coffee. Blackout Coffee is one hundred percent committed to conservative values from the sourcing of the beans to the roasting process, customer support and shipping. They embody true American value and they accept no compromise on taste or quality. I started every morning off with Blackout Coffee. I start every day on the radio at seven am, and I can tell you it matters what I have in that cup of coffee. And it is a premium cup from Blackout Coffee. So don't just trust me. Try it and I'm gonna save you a bunch of money. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. And when you use a coupon code vertict, you're gonna get twenty percent off your first order. That is twenty percent off your first order Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Be Awake not Woke, that's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict, promo code vertict, twenty percent off your first order. Center Usually you guys come back on Thursdays. That's kind of the normal working schedule for the Senate. All of a sudden, they throw a bunch of stuff into Friday that take the trash out day, so no one's paying attention. Everybody's off for the weekend, and you guys were voting late into the night. This had to also deal with the issue of a another possible government shut down. So how bad did the American people get screwed?
Speaker 2: Well? Very badly. What happened was Chuck Schumer was trying to ram through the trillion dollar plus massive omnibus government funding bill, and we were there all day Friday, and a lot of us, a lot of the Republicans opposed this bill, and we introduced a whole series of amendments, and we wanted votes on the amendments, and Schumer had a problem because the amendments we were seeking votes on are eminently reasonable, their common sense, they're overwhelmingly popular with the American people, and his Democrats that are on the ballot November were terrified of voting for these amendments. So we spent all day Friday just in paralysis because Schumer didn't know what to do, and Schumer didn't know what to do, and in particular, John Tester in Montana really really really didn't want to vote on these amendments. Chared Brown in Ohio really really really didn't want to vote on these amendments. Jackie Rosen and Nevada didn't want to vote on these amendments. Tammy Baldwin Wisconsin didn't want to vote on these amendments. Bob Casey in Pennsylvania didn't want to vote on these amendments. So we spent all day Friday just in limbo. I actually spent a good chunk of the day Friday playing basketball because we just had nothing else to do, so I played hoops while while Schumer and the Democrats trying to figure their stuff out. Finally, late at night Friday night, Schumer decides, all right, screw it, We're gonna take all the votes and I'm going to force all my members to cast every terrible vote they can. And you know what, We're so confident that the media is corrupt. They can cast these votes and no one will know. So let me walk through some of these votes, because it is astonishing. One of the very first votes was an amendment I had, and my amendment was very simple. My amendment would have barred the Biden administration from sending billions of dollars to Iran. Iran is led by the Ayatola, a radical, theocratic, genocidal aniac. The Biden administration has already flowed over one hundred billion dollars to Iran, but since then, Iran not only is the world leading states funder of terrorism, not only has launched over a hundred attack on US servicemen and women in the Middle East, but funded October seventh. They are the principal funder of Hamas. They've given over ninety percent of Hamas's funding. They're the principal funder of Hezbolah. So in the wake of October seventh, Israel is the middle of war, and I stood up and said, it's real simple. If you stand with Israel, if you stand with America against Iran. This ought to be a very simple vote. Don't send billions of dollars to Iran. Right now the Biden administration is trying to send another ten billion dollars to Iran. This was a straight up vote. We ended up voting. Every single Demo Democrat voted no, actually except one Bob Menendez. At the very end, he sat there silent. He sat there silent, he was glowering, and then he voted yes. Now, look, Menendez is pretty mad at his own party. He's facing indictment, he's facing prosecution. His party has basically thrown him out of the party. He might run as an independent in the state of New Jersey. He has long been the best Democrat when it comes to standing up to Iran compared to the others. And so his vote, a component of Bob's vote, I think, was a screw you to Schumer and the rest of the Democrat Party. But that being said, it is astonished that Tester and Brown and Casey and Rosen, they all cast their vote and said, yep, we're all four sending billions of dollars to the Ayahtola who chance death to America and death to Israel, even while he's funding Hamas' death squads.
Speaker 1: Right now, you look at the fight here and it is shot that you guys are even having to have this battle, even have these types of fights, and yet the American people seem to lose yet again. How do Democrats keep getting away with this? And I'm saying that in a real Standpoin, Is it because the media doesn't talk about what they're actually doing on a Friday night at midnight? Is that the main core thing that people don't even realize how bad they're getting screwed.
Speaker 2: Oh look, when it's late at night, most of the reporters are in bed, So most of the reporters weren't even there covering it. And it doesn't matter if they're awake or not. The media is broken. They do not view their role as actually reporting on news. They don't report both sides. They are advocates for the left wing of the Democrat Party. The media wants to send billions of dollars to Iran, so they're not going to tell you that every Democrat voter except Bob a nen Endez just voted to send billions of dollars to Iran. Let's walk through some of the rest of these votes, because these votes are actually astonishing usly bad. All right. Another one of the votes we had was a vote that was introduced by Ted Budd. This was a vote that said, we should deport illegal immigrants who have violently assaulted police officers. Very simple question. You have an illegal immigrant if he violently assaults a cop, for example, the six illegal immigrants in New York who beat up to New York cops. Once you beat up a cop, you should be deported. This ought to be easy. Yeah, Like to be honest, grab one hundred people in any state in America. Don't have to be a red state, make it a purple state, make it a blue state. Ask one hundred people, if an illegal immigrant beats up a cop, should they be deported? An overwhelming majority will say hell yes, anywhere you go. Well, Ted Bud teed this up. By the way, this was one of the amendments that had tester terrified, that had Shared Brown terrified, that that had Bob Casey terrified. Well, you know what the vote was. Every single Democrat voted no. They are now on record against deporting illegal aliens who violently assault police officers.
Speaker 1: It's not just that. Let's talk about the importing of illegal immigrants. And this was one of the votes that you guys had to deal with, and it was it was something that was brought up by Bill Haggerty, one of your colleagues out of Tennessee, that was like, hey, can we all at least agree that we shouldn't be spinning the American taxpayers dollars to import on chartered flights three hundred and twenty thousand and twenty twenty three that we know of illegal immigrants in America on top of the millions that have already come in, why are we importing them? And yet every Democrat voted against that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, that's exactly right. Bill Haggerty had motion to prohibit the Department of Homeland Security from using funds to quote, facilitate, provide, or purchase air transportation from a foreign country to the United States for an alien in order for such an alien to utilize the parole process. And this was target at the Biden administration having flown three hundred and twenty thousand illegal immigrants into America from Cuba, from Haiti, from Nicaragua, and from Venezuela. Now they did this in secret. They did this in the dark of night. We know they've flown over three hundred and twenty thousand illegal immigrants into this country to forty three different airports. But they will not tell us what airports they flew them to. They say it's a national security risk to tell us what airports they're flying these into. But we do know at least one of them, which is last week, a twenty six year old Haitian named Corey Alvarez, who entered under Biden's parole program, was arrested in Massachusetts for the rape of a fifteen year old disabled girl. That was last week. Now, look, I get Massachusetts as a bright blue liberal state, but even in Massachusetts, if you ask people, do you want Joe Biden flying illegal immigrants out of Haiti into Massachusetts, letting them go and by the way, one of them he just did just raped a fifteen year old disabled girl. Even in Massachusetts, the voters would say hell no. But we voted on it, and every single Democrat voted no, straight party line vote.
Speaker 1: So when you move forward with this and this, because I think going to come down to November. How much of this could come back to haunt the Democrats and what they just did the American people, or is this now just business as usual? And Democrats say, look at least our voters, A majority of them don't pay attention or agree with us, or just don't care. Is this the lowest level of I would also argue apathy you've ever seen in America, especially when there's so many issues like this that you just described. I mean, I would have never thought it would have been politically a reason to stand and band together for Democrats say, yes, we are in fact going to take millions and millions of dollars and we are going to fly I legal immigrants in the United States of America and some of them are doing these heinous and horrendous crimes, and yet we're still gonna stay lockstep with the president of United States of America in a presidential election year.
Speaker 2: To top all that off, well, I think they feel utterly unaccountable. They know that the media is broken. By the way, did you see the media covering any of this? Did you see any discussion of this on the six o'clock news with Sunday shows yesterday were the Sunday shows sitting around going what has happened to the Democrat Party? How do they vote for such crazy things?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: What happened? Instead? Chuck Todd just about had a hysteric breakdown crying on Meet the Press because why because NBC hired Ronald McDaniel is as a commentator and he could not handle Lease. My god, she's a Republican. Can you believe? You know? She was a Republican? How could we hire someone who spoke on behalf of Republicans? Let me tell you something interesting. Chuck Todd before he was hired, was a Democrat staffer. Tim Russert, the legend of NBC before he was hired, was a Democrat staffer. George Stephanopoulos before he was hired, was a senior Democrat staffer in the Clinton white House. Jensaki, who was a senior Democrat staffer in the Biden White House. She was literally the Biden press secretary, charge with lying to the American people every day on behalf of Joe Biden. She not only got hired, she has her own primetime show. And yet Chuck Todd practically had to be medicated that how dare NBC hire one Republican, the world will end no wonder. NBC doesn't cover these horrible votes by Democrats. ABC doesn't cover it, CBS doesn't cover it, CNN doesn't cover it. MSNBC doesn't cover it. The Washington Post doesn't cover it. The New York Times doesn't cover it. None of them cover it because they are They're not just part of the team. They are the advance fighting forces of the team. Their objective is to keep driving the Democrat Party left left, and so they know that no matter what bad vote gets cast, it will never be covered.
Speaker 1: Back home, you mentioned this fight, and just to put it in perspective, there are a lot of people that are concerned over government spending. Part of what you guys obviously were dealing with with government spending, but there was you know, there's a third realm in politics. They say, never talk in a presidential election you're about social security or insolvency or any of those issues.
Speaker 2: And we see our national debts going up.
Speaker 1: I think it's a trillion time hours on the average every now one hundred days, three trillion in the year, and people are talking about this. Jenet Yellen was even asked questions and the media didn't cover this. The Biden Treasury Secretary Jenet Yellen literally admitted that Biden doesn't actually have a plan for social security. No one covered that like shocking, massive breaking news this week either.
Speaker 2: The media. There is virtually no one in the corporate media who even pretends to be a journalist anymore. I'll give you another example. One of the other amendments we voted on was Ted budd had a different amendment, but that was the Lake and Riley Act, and it was an amendment that would prohibit funding from being used to grant immigration status to any alien who is charged with, arrested for convicted of acts that constitute the essential elements of burglary, theft, larceny, or shoplifting. It was designed respond to the horrific murder of Lake and Riley and what happened. We had to vote on the Senate floor. Every single Democrat voted no, all of them straight party line. Why because they know they're not asked about lacoln Riley when they get home, when they do a press interview, nobody asks them about Lake and Riley. That is not their narrative.
Speaker 1: I got to play at Jennet Yellen because for the people that miss this. This is the Biden Treasury Secretary admitting Biden doesn't have a plan to deal with one of the biggest issues in our country that affects many seniors.
Speaker 3: Has Treasury really not looked at Okay, we're already charging four point nine trillion for the deficit for Medicare, for a lot of other things, and now we've got to add social but we haven't done the math to figure out how much that tax rate.
Speaker 4: To the President doesn't have a plan. He has principles, he wants to work with Congress to find a way to protect Social Security and stinted solvency beyond twelve and he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Have a plan, Madam Secretary, how could he justify not having a plan when he's been in office for three years already.
Speaker 4: He believes it's important to work with Congress.
Speaker 3: And Madam Secretary, he has not worked with us at all on this Senate Finance Committee.
Speaker 1: I mean, Senator, to be very clear with the American people, the Treasury Secretary of the United States of America, Jenet Yellen, said to on Capitol Hill on Thursday, Biden doesn't actually have a plan for SOB security, but he's got principles and that should be good enough for all of us.
Speaker 2: Well, look, on one level, it's remarkable that Yellen was that candid, but she wasn't entirely honest. Because he does have a plan for social security. His plan is to demigogue the heck out of it, to attack Republicans, to say Republicans want to bankruptcial security, Republicans want to destroy social Security. Mind you, it's a total lie. He knows it's a total lie. But it doesn't matter. The Democrats, rather than a rest their own radical policies, they're going to scream and yell that Republicans hate old people, Republicans hay women, Republicans eight children, Republicans hate kittens, Republicans hate flowers and sunshine. Look like it is. It is all just rhetoric. And by the way that I mention Donald Trump as the devil, that is the Democrat re election plan right there. And so when it comes to Social Security, do they know that on the current path, so security is careening towards insolvency and bankruptcy. Yes, are they willing to do a damn thing about it? No, What they want to do instead is just demagogue the issue, and Yellen's quite candid about it. Nope, we're not going to fix it. We're just going to use it for political attacks and cross our fingers and see what happens.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. I want to tell you about our friends ever at MO squared. If you are like me and you want to make sure that you have AMO when you need it, especially when there's a buying run and you can't find Ammo. Many experience at for months on end during COVID. Well, amos squared helps you you stay stocked up on ammunition automatically. AMMO is delivered on demand or automatically when you need it, and stored for free when you don't. It's a budget friendly way to build a stockpile of AMMO, and it's customizable to your budget. Found it over eight years ago and the freedom loving state of Idaho. Amo squared is truly automated. Set it and forget it. Ammo purchasing, You pick your calibers, you set your budget, select a shipping trigger, and that's it. AMMO builds up over time and is delivered automatically when you want it. In twenty twenty, when the store shelves went empty and I witnessed it. I owned a gun store in a gun range. I can tell you could not find basic AMMO for months on end. Everybody had trouble finding it. Well, if you were the AMO squared in the customer, all you need to do is just ship the AMO that you'd already stored up, and you got it all immediately delivered with just one click of a button. It's truly automated. Set it, forget it. AMO purchasing, you pick the caliber, set your budget, select a shipping trigger, and that's it. AMMO builds up and it is delivered when you want it. So go to amosquared dot com, slash verdict, amosquared dot com slash verdict and sign up and you're gonna get some free AMMO in your account today. Plus if you ever need money, you can just sell it right back and if the price has gone up, you make money. Amosquare dot com slash verdict, sign up and get free AMMO in your account today. Senator, I want to move to something else that obviously deals with what you're talking about in Washington, d C. But it really brings it down to the doubling down as you described early on by Democrats on the open border policy and illegal immigrants. It's a story coming out of Michigan. And the reason why this, I think is so shocking to me is there's new poll numbers out over the weekend that show that Donald Trump, who lost Michigan to Joe Biden the last election he won it in sixteen, Trump now tops Biden by eight points in a Michigan poll. That is significant. The president's approval rating in Michigan is it thirty five percent? So what has Michigan been doing? I guess it's time to buy votes. They're now offering homeowners a five hundred dollars a month stipend if they'll welcome what they describe as newcomers. What that is is an illegal immigrant into their home, and the state of Michigan will subsidize you five hundred dollars, it says, in a month up to a year, So basically six grand is what they're willing to give you to house someone.
Speaker 2: Now, well, that's right. The program that Michigan has rolled out it's called the Newcomer Rental Subsidy, and it's designed to provide shelter outside of state shelters for so called refugees and refugees is simply the term they use for illegal aliens. It lasts for up to a year, and according to Michigan, those eligible include refugees, assilees, special immigration visa holders, victims of human trafficking, Cuban entrance, Haitian entrance, Afghan national and Ukrainian humanitarian paroleese. So get this, The state of Michigan is quite literally paying individuals, paying homeowners to house illegal immigrants in their house. And by the way, it's not just them. Others who qualify include individuals who arrived under the family Reunification parole process for El Salvador, Guatemada, Honduras, and Columbia. Who in Michigan. What Michigan taxpayer says, You know what I really want. I want my taxes going to paying my neighbor to put an illegal immigrant that Joe Biden led into this country into his house and we'll send them five hundred bucks a month to keep the illegal immigrant there. That is how nutty today's Democrat Party is on this issue.
Speaker 1: Well, and my question is that I'm not joking when I say this. Is this not a form of just buying votes? If you're talking at each person is now we're sick thousand dollars to a Michigan a homeowner to house them. And I don't know if there's a you know, a cap that you can only have one or maybe have two. What if it's a family. I'm assuming we're not going to break up the family. So is if you have a family of four and you house them, are we now talking that there were twenty four thousand dollars to your bottom line? How is that not the Democratic Party basically buying vote, saying hey, you better keep us in office, you better vote for us, because we're we're twenty four grand a year to you right now.
Speaker 2: Well, and look, I'll read you a quote from Amy Hovey, who is the executive director of the Michigan State Housing Development Authority, who said the program would help migrants quote build a new life here. And she said, quote this program is truly a win win as it addresses the most pressing barrier to refugee resettlement by meeting housing needs while setting up families for success with increased employment and opportunities. That's the position of Democrat Party. You too, can have an illegal alien in your house.
Speaker 1: Do they care about the cost of housing going up. I mean, is that a conversation you guys have in DC. Is that a question that anyone asks of the Democrats when you have this many illegal immigrants coming into America. I'll go back to what you were talking about the very beginning in these votes. It's not just the three hundred and twenty thousand legal immigrants that we have flown into this country at the taxpayer's dollars paying for these charter flights. But if you look at how many illegal immigrants have come across the southern border since Joe Biden was sworn in, it's at least at minimum seven point two million illegal immigrants have entered the US under the Biden administration, which is greater than the population of thirty six individual states in America. And now we see housing cost issues, rent cost issues, and we see inflationary issues, and we see that we're seeing wages that are being undermined by illegal immigrants. If Michigan does this and other states go along with it, which other states are as well, they're saying the same thing, hous an illegal immigrant will give you cash. Is that not the definition of undermining hard working American families who are just struggling to survive.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you got to understand the modern Democrat view as they can spend unlimited money, trillions of dollars, they can print unlimited money, and if they want more, they'll just tax the hell out of you. And it's a giant Ponzi scheme where they print money, they raise taxes, they spend more money, Inflation goes up, so they print more money. And when it comes to if the voters don't like it, don't worry. They'll change the composition of the voters. They'll let ten point four million people into this country illegally. Those guys the Democrats are confident will vote Democrat, and so they stay in power. That is, you know, there used to be a time when you could have a common sense discussion. There are no longer any Democrats in Washington and Congress who engage in common sense. I mean, look, we saw these votes, every single one of them lined up over and over and over again. Illegal immigrant who beat up a cop, Nope, don't support him. Like fuck, tell me what world does a sane or rational person believe that? And yet every Senate Democrat there that's their view.
Speaker 1: Last question on this when when they vote lockstep like that is that pre planned with a conversation they have behind closed doors and they say, hey, no matter what they throw at you, no matter how sane it is, you do not agree with the Republicans on anything. Bull stop.
Speaker 2: It's why it took all night. They knew what we were gonna have votes on. We had put forward these early mements we want votes on, and we spent the entire day Friday just doing nothing because Schumer was talking to his Democrats saying, okay, here are the votes. We need every Democrat to stand lock arms and just vote against all of them.
Speaker 1: And he had John, I want me through Friday that day because people don't understand I think how dysfunctional Schumer can make things when they're trying to get things done like this, So you guys wake up Friday. You know you had to stay over another day.
Speaker 2: But we didn't wait. We actually thought we would be done Friday afternoon. In a normal world we would have been. We stayed there the whole night.
Speaker 1: So tell me, like, you guys wake up Friday morning, do you have a vote schedule yet? And then he changed theirs. He just say, hey, wake up and stand by until I tell you when you get to vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's much more of the latter. And the way the Senate works works as a strange place. So the majority leader only has one real power under the rules, and it's what's called priority of recognition, which means he is recognized first if he's on the floor, and he uses that to control the Senate calendar to fill the pending business with whatever he wants so that no one else can can put anything else on the Senate calendar. So you spend a lot of time just sitting around waiting. It's a very weird thing. I'll tell you when I was, you know, new in the Senate, and I'd be a typical Senate week. You will fly to d C Monday mornings, and you'll fly home Thursday nights, and then typically I'm home in Houston Thursday nights. Friday, I travel somewhere around Texas. Sometimes Saturday, I travel around Texas. I try to spend Sunday's home with a family, and then Monday morning I fly back to d C. That that's the usual rhythm of things. But on Thursdays I would call home. Back when when Republicans had the majority, I would call home and my daughters would ask, well, are you coming home tonight? And I'd say, I don't know. It depends what Mitch schedules. When he schedules votes, and we have no idea. My daughters used to say, is that mean man gonna let you come home? And by that mean man, they meant Mitch McConnell. Because you literally have no control over your schedule. It is. It is utterly incoherent. So Friday we spent all day we were waiting to see if a deal would be reached. We were waiting to see if a deal would be reached, and throughout the afternoon and evening it looked like there was going to be no deal. At midnight Friday night, funding for the federal government was set to expire and we were going to have a shutdown. So as the evening went on, I was on the Senate floor for a while it looked like there was no deal. I went with some senators, grab some food, watch some basketball, and actually I had gone home, I changed out of my suit, was getting ready to go to bed, and then after eleven PM, I got the note, note we're getting ready to vote, and we began voting at eleven fifty six PM, so I had to get dressed again head back to the Capital. Everyone did, and we voted from eleven fifty six pm until two oh three am is when it was over. But that's just kind of how hectic things are.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. I want to get to one other issue with national security and wokeness with this administration. Before that I do that, let me tell you about our friends of our Patriot Mobile. If you are like me and you say enough is enough, I'm not giving my money to woke company is a fight against my values any longer. Then if you're with Big Mobile, you need to know where your money is going. It's going to hardcore Democratic candidates, causes, and organizations, including Planned Parenthood. That is why my cell phone I switched to Patriot Mobile, and switching is easier now than it's ever been now. For the last decade, over a decade, Patriot Mobile has been America's only Christian conservative wireless provider. And when I say only, I mean it, they're the only one. Patriot Mobile gives you incredible nationwide, dependable coverage, giving you the ability to access all three major networks out there. And what does that mean? It means you get the same coverage that you're accustomed to right now, but without funding the left. And when you switch to Patriot Mobile, you're sending a clear message because they take a portion of your bill every month and they give it back to organizations that support free speech, really just freedom, the sanctity of life are Second Amendment, as well as supporting our military, our veterans, our wounded warriors, and our first responder heroes. That all happens just by using your phone and paying your bill. They have one hundred percent US based customer service team that makes switching easy. You can keep your same cell phone number you have now, keep your same phone, or upgrade to a new one, and their team will help you find the best plan to save you money. So stop giving your money to woke companies and switch now. Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict that's Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict or call them nine to seven to two Patriot that's nine seven to two. Patriot get free activation when you use the offer code vertict join me and make the switch today. Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict are nine to seven to two Patriot cenater. Lastly, this story broke it's not being covered, of course, by the media, because why would they want to tell you about this. But apparently now the Biden administers decided, we don't want to offend extremists, jihadis extremists, and they want to change the way you talk about actual terrorists.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly right. This is a story that The Daily Wire broke, and it's a memo that was sent by the diversity, equity and inclusion officials at the Biden administration's top intelligence agency, and it warns personnel not to use quote problematic phrases when discussing Islamic terrorism and foreign adversaries such as China. The unclassified newsletter, and it's from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, is called Quote the Dive, and it was obtained through Freedom Information Act requests by The Daily Wire. It argues in its cover story that the intelligence community needs to focus on quote changing terminology related to counter terrorism because quote words matter. Here's more quote the article is about one of our goals disentangling Islam from words and phrases used to discuss terrorism and extreme violence. It goes on to declare that trying to remove quote certain phrases to identify international terrorism threats that are hurtful to Muslim Americans. Some of the problematic phrases include, but are not limited to, Salafi jihadist, jihadist, Islamic extremist, Sunni Shia extremism, and radical Islamist.
Speaker 1: Only in America. Could you have a memo that someone took this much time and waste his time under the Biden administration to make people that are directly associated with terrorism feel better about I guess what, not being a terrorist.
Speaker 2: Well, and sadly, this is continuing the path of putting politics above national security that we saw when Barack Obama was president. When Barack Obama was president, I actually chaired a hearing that examined the purge that the Obama White House insisted DHS do to remove from their records any reference to radical Islamic terrorism, or Islam or Muslis or Muslim or jahadist. And they erased over eight hundred times. They erased those words from their records. And by the way, the word purge, that's not me adding that word to it. That was the word that was used by the political official in the Obama White House in the instructions to DHS. Purge your files. Well, these same radicals are now running Biden's intelligence agencies. And this article is part of a newsletter that is created by odn I that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Intelligence Community Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Accessibility Office, and it was sent to personnel throughout the intelligence community, which includes the CIA, the NSSA, the FBI, the DHS, and the Department of Justice. All of them are being told the fact that Palestinian Islamic Jihad was one of the two terrorist groups that carried out October seventh. October seventh was carried out by Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Apparently that is an inconvenient fact to the language commissars, who I presume want to edit out the word Islamic from the name of the terrorist group, Palestinian Islamic Jahad. Look, they're not murdering Jews because they disliked their hairstyle. They are murdering Jews because they have a perverted view of radical Islam that mandates Jahad and countering Jahadism, countering the radical religious extremism behind it is only possible if you acknowledge it exists, and so on. One level you say, Okay, this sort of language, political correctness stuff, it's silly, But in this instance, it's much worse than silly. It is dangerous because if the intelligence community has no idea, refuses to acknowledge what is actually happening, it means they will be utterly ineffective in fighting against it and keeping Americans in our allies safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is one of those moments when you say, what are they focusing their time on right now? Is it political correctness or is it actually keeping us safe from actual jihadis terarris that they're afraid of offending by using the name. It reminds me a lot of the President saying that the a individual that killed an innocent young girl in Georgia was an illegal immigrant and then apologized to the illegal immigrants for calling that individual who is the alleged murderer an illegal immigrant. It's like, what are you focusing on? What is important to you? Protecting innocent people, protecting people from tears tax or is it this pr PC wokeness? Is that matter more than actually fighting the bad guys?
Speaker 2: Well, unfortunately, based on things like their late night votes where every Democrat voted against the American citizens voted in favor of illy aliens voted in favor of sending billions of dollars to Iran. It's not difficult to figure out where their priorities lie right now. Yeah, great point.
Speaker 1: Don't forget. We did this show Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and on those in between days, grab my podcast, the then Ferguson Podcast. I'll keep you updated on all of the breaking news. Hit that Subscribe or follow or download button right now, and please share this show on social media wherever you are and the center I will see you back here Wednesday morning