Speaker 1: Hello everybody. Unfortunately we're having to join you this Saturday morning. Donald Trump has launched a major regime change war with Iran. This appears to be the full Monty Crystal. We have the video that the President released at some two am Eastern time where he declared this war. Let's take a listen to some of the justification.
Speaker 2: A short time ago, the United States military began major combat operations in Iran. Our objective is to defend the American people by eliminating eminent threats from the Iranian regime, a vicious group of very hard, terrible people. It's menacing activities directly in danger the United States, our troops, our bases overseas, and our allies throughout the world. For forty seven years, the Iranian regime has chanted death to America and waged an unending campaign of bloodshed and mass murder, targeting the United States, our troops, and the innocent people in many, many countries. Among the regime's very first acts was to back a violent takeover of the US embassy in Tehran, holding dozens of American hostages for four hundred and forty four days. In nineteen eighty three, Irans proxies carried out the Marine Barracks bombing in Beirut that killed two hundred and forty one American military personnel in two thousand. They knew and were probably involved with the attack on the USS coal many died. Iranian forces killed and maimed hundreds of American service members in Iraq. The regime's proxies have continued to launch countless attacks against American forces in recent So I was going.
Speaker 3: To say a little bit of using the embassy to yeah, to justify this insane right.
Speaker 1: So I think the most significant part of that statement was obviously, even though they're calling this a preemptive strike, it is a you know, not actually a preemptive strike. They're using a long historical justification thing. This is a forty seven year war. This is a war explicitly now declared as regime change. But I think that the most significant part of the President's statement was the open acknowledgment that American lives are at risk and they may be lost as a result of this. I know that we have a clip is a little bit later on in that speech. It's a full eight minutes, so we're not going to play at all for you.
Speaker 2: She seeks to kill. The lives of courageous American heroes may be lost, and we may have casualties that often happens in war, but we're doing this not for now. We're doing this for the future, and it is a noble mission. We pray for every service member as they selflessly risk their lives to ensure that Americans are our children will never be threatened by a nuclear armed Iran.
Speaker 1: Right, and so this is an open declaration of a regime changed war. Crystal, do we have that statement? From this morning? Around four am, a Washington Post reporter was able to reach President Trump by phone, where he didn't even make any pretense about the nuclear program, about the missile program, even about regional proxies. He said in a brief phone call, his main concern is freedom for the Iranian people, and the US is working with Iran to make a place that is safe. All I want is freedom for the people. This is two thousand and five, George W. Bush inaugural. Obviously, you know you and I are still absorbing the news. But it's catastrophic already. We see massive retaliatory strikes across the entire region. It's a full blown regional war and the war is only blasted for six hours now or so, and it's a catastrophe I think, strategically for the United States, for the Iranian people, and for the American people, for everybody really who lives in the region.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a direct you know, I mean, in direct contravention of Trump's positioning on the campaign is so I'm going to be the peace candidate. And there was all kinds of don't vote for kamalast you'll send your sons to war, And now you literally have him out here basically saying, yeah, your sons and daughters may die for Israel, because let's be real about who really wants this war, and it's Israel. And they've been pushing for decades at this point and found an easy mark here with Trump, in spite of the fact that his own top military advisors were saying this could go very poorly for the US. We think that this is a bad idea, that there is not some limited strike option here that Iran because they, you know, of course, obviously see this as existential. They're when to throw everything that they have to be able to preserve their own lives and their own government. So this is not a Venezuela, you know, quick in, quick count, grab a leader and done. Not that I think that that's really that end of the story with Venezuela, but that's how they perceive it. At this point. This does not look like it's going to be another twelve day war where again relatively limited in terms of, hey, we're going to take count these specific nuclear sites and move on. No, this is a far reaching, already regional war where the justifications offered in that you know, eight minute speech and then talking to reporters afterwards, have ranged from everything to the nuclear program, the missiles, the revolution itself, the nineteen seventy nine you know, embassy kidnapping of Americans in the embassy, the long litany of things that he listed out there to hey, we just want human rights and freedom for the Iranian people, and we have a new justification, which is he's claiming that the Iranians interfered in the election, so we can throw you know a little bit of like pertectual election interference and use that be able to use that claim later on to mess with the twenty twenty six elections here as well, which appears to be part of the plot. I mean, it's there's so many layers of dystopia here that it's hard to wrap your head around. I do want to just set a little bit more of the context here for people who, you know, thinking about how we got to this place, because once again you had Trump posturing like we're going through this diplomatic process. We had these meetings in Geneva. This week, the Omani's came out and said, the Iranians offered a deal that went far beyond the JCPOA that was the Obama era nuclear deal. They offered, you know, these concessions that went way beyond what Obama was able to achieve, thinking that could potentially give Trump and ount to say, you know what, I did so much better than Barack Obama could never look at me the art of the deal and give himself an out. But what we're hearing from Israeli officials is that once again this diplomacy was just a ruse, that this was planned months ago, the date was set weeks ago, and in in fact, all of this was just a dodge to wait until the time of their choosing. So a war of choice. Anyone you hear out there saying preemptive strike, blah blah, blah. You should kindly disregard everything they have to say after this, because this is an aggressive, illegal war of choice from this president An the Israelis, and there will be massive like recaer cussions that we cannot even imagine right now, that plan out for years and decades to come.
Speaker 1: Yes, the strikes are now planned for many, many days to continue. It appears initially this morning we're hearing from the US military there will be some rolling types of strikes one to two days of strikes, reassessment for battle damage, one to two days of strikes. Obviously, the enemy also gets a vote, and they are having their vote right now. Do we want to go ahead and put the list of countries that Iran has bombed already after the initial strikes that happened on Tehran early two am our time, so middle of the day, for all of them, the list, I believe, Yep, Here we have it. We have a number in Bahrain, we have a number in Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Jordan. Their videos coming out are unbelievable already to anybody who has visited or lived in the region. The most striking is exactly the one that you can see there on the screen that was where the fifth fleet actually is Crystal. Can we put the US soldier reacting? I mean, you know, these are not scenes that you really ever would want to see. The next one that we're about to show you is an American presumably an American service member, some American who is stationed in Bahrain, and you can actually hear him react live as a Iranian suicide shah head drone makes direct contact with a radar installation in Manama. Can why don't we make that video us? Yeah, and then we can see oh shit, oh.
Speaker 4: Shit, oh oh shit, oh fuck, oh my god, oh do fuck me? A fucking missile actually got through others more. I gotta get the fuck out of.
Speaker 1: Here, so you could see that was from an Iranian suicide drone. He mistook that as a missile. There's other videos actually showing the direct impact. These are scenes that anybody familiar with the battlefield in Ukraine will see. So they have an asymmetric capability already. Many of their missiles have been intercepted in the Gulf. We don't have any confirmed American casualties right now, but to zoom out a little bit more, I can confirm the Iranians delivered a message on letter, specifically to Jared Kushner and to Steve wick Coop, saying that they will not pursue a nuclear weapon. The Omani foreign minister was actually on television yesterday confirming exactly what you said, that they offered to give up their entire enriched uranium stockpile, provide IAEA inspectors into the country, and basically to end this entire charade. But if you've been watching our program, I do think it's important that you all know the goalposts have all moved on behalf of the Israelis. Originally it was supposed to be about the nuclear weapon. I also, I finally have some more context for Trump saying that the Iranians won't say the magic words about how they won't pursue a nuclear weapon. He believes that any enrichment whatsoever, even for like medical isotopes, is itself a declaration of a nuclear weapon. So just so you all understand where that term came from. I also do think it's important now to see that diplomacy under this administration can never be trusted. I mean, we all knew that it was kind of a joke. Of course, the Jared Kushner and Steve Wikoff negotiations. The JCPOA came across the finish line. After two and a half years of the most sophisticated experts in the US government on nuclear issues, it was just two real estate guys, one of whom is the son in law of the president. They didn't even really know what they were doing. It's all pretextual, right exactly. It was all pretextual for a planned operation that is now here. I also think it's very important to underscore that what the administration has done by doing the full Monty of regime change, there's no off ram from here. The Iranians are fighting for their survival. There has been no offer. They are saying freedom overthrow. We have reports already this morning that Ayatola Hamani was actually targeted by the United States and Israel in a targeted assassination. We don't yet know what the result of that is, whether he is alive or dead. Many senior members of the IRGC, the Runian defense minister, and others. Iranian state media saying that they have been killed. And you know, if you've been watching our coverage, they are prepared for this. They knew that some ninety percent of their command and control was going to get decimated, and they also clearly had pre approved strike packages across the entire region. The reason that they're doing that is they know that this is now a war of this is an existential thing for the regime. You have to go all out try to turn it into a real war as much of a nightmare for the United States. I also think it's important, you know, to even take it back, as you said, you know, it's not exactly political times right now when so many lives are at stake, but this is the most profound betrayal I think of any president, from the campaign to the actions in his administration, and in particular the vice president and many of the other people the so called anti war movement. These are people who directly looked Americans in the face. Tulci Gabbard, I think we should add to that list. Who said Stephen Miller, they said, Kamala will send your sons to war. Donald Trump is a candidate of peace. That was always a little bit ridiculous because we knew that he was going to be pro Iran but or sorry, pro Israel. But I don't think anybody anybody thought a full blown war of choice on the Iranian on the Iranian regime was ever in the cards, and you know, I look, we'll ruminate on that, I think for many years to come and exactly how that happened, And I guess now is not exactly the time. But I'm so disgusted with this administration, with so many of the people who I knew personally, who looked me in the face over many years told us that this was things they believed. Jokes on me for believing them. And I also I'm really terrified about where this brings us, not just in terms of the region, think about where we are. This country is now at war with Iran, embroiled in a full blown regional conflict, with no congressional authorization, no debate. How many times did we say over the last preceding years, ninety percent of Americans had no idea any of this was happening. Carricer strike groups that were on there where there. Many of them are waking up and all they have is a Twitter video released by the president at two AM. As of right now, the President is not scheduled to make any public remarks. That is how much contempt that they have for all of us is that they don't have to explain their actions. They can launch this war completely of choice. Our Congress is a joke absent for ro Kana. Everybody in the Democrat and the Republican Party who you know even remotely is upset about this, is like, but what about the process? Will anybody think of the process and of the strategic end there's no strategic endgame Trump said it. It's about regime change. How we avoid getting into a broader conflict? I have no idea, I truly have no idea how it is.
Speaker 3: Because from the beginning, if you declare that the goal of the mission is for the government to collapse, and by the way, Voice of America Persia is up on air telling people to rise up against the regime and you know, throw off the yoke of their oppression blah blah blah. So if you don't achieve that, then you've failed. And do you think that this president is just going to walk away and take that ol? Of course he's not so. Look, I mean, I am always nervous when I bring up the Israeli equation here, simply because I do not want to deny this president any agency. Right, these are his decisions. He is fully and completely responsible for them. Ntan Yahoo has successfully achieved and ensnared this president in the trap that he has been trying to ensnare the you know, American people and the United States of America in for decades. It's happened, It's done. The trap is now closed because Trump has said the end goal is for this government to fall. So what is that going to mean going forward? How are we going to achieve that? Because it is highly unlikely that you're going to be able to achieve it simply with airstrikes where we can you know, fly over, drop some bombs and get out and you know, and not actually be on the ground. That is the sort of thing that would require an actual ground invasion. Because think about it, this government. Yes they've been weakened by our economic sanctions of economic warfare. Yes, they've been weakened by the Twelve Day War. Yes, they're weakened by the fact that there is a significant amount of the population that is very unhappy with them. But they have also survived for damn near fifty years with the US wanting them gone and wanting them dead the entire time. So do not think that this is just going to be some quick and easy thing where we can drop a few bombs and they're going to say, oh, you're right, we're going to go, and you know, glorious freedom will ultimately rain. Let me put you know this statement from the Iranians up here, just to get a sense of you know what they're saying. This is Sardar Jabbari, advisor of the Comander in Chief of the IRGC. He says Trump should understand this clearly, what we launched today were our last stock missiles. What comes next our systems and weapons He has never seen before. Now this may be bluster, we don't know, but clearly already and this was something we talked about and we anticipated. They are hitting back much harder than we have ever seen before, with the range of targets that they are striking, with the threats to close down these strait of horm moves, which would have huge, huge economic reverberations. You already have a number of shipping companies suspending any sort of travel in the region. Of course, air travel is shut down in the region as well, So we are already at full scale regional war with and very hard to see what the off ramp is what that would look like, because again, you know, this president is not going to walk away with this tail between his legs and say, oops, you know we didn't accomplish the goal, but you know we'll live to fight another.
Speaker 1: Day even if we wanted to. How can we do so when we have the Israelis who are on our right shoulder, who are always willing to up the ante. They will never allow us out of this. That's why they tried to target the Iranian Ayatola on day one. This is now a war of absolute declaration on the regime. They will now have to fight to the death if they ever want to live to see another day. And many of the top leadership, it appears, has already been wiped out again. As we noted at the beginning, I believe that many plan for this. I think that the IRGC and others were fully aware that this was going to happen and that there are go now going to collapse. As we all found out in Iraq, taking out the very top echelon the bathists the people who run the country can often result in a much more strategically bad situation. It unleashes chaos lower level IRGC folks anybody with a monopoly on the use of force, access to weapons. You are now in charge of your own fiefdom, of your own survival. There will be a full blown conflict, I think inside of the country, regardless of whether the United States is even able to come in or not. Again, actually, looking just learning this morning, the President doesn't appear to be speaking again to the American people. I cannot actually believe it that this is happening. We also, by the way, have our fail son who is ready and able. Can we put raise Apolovi's statement up here on the screen? Raise us Polave, the son of the deposed Shah of Iran, is now openly calling not only just for regime change, but for people rising up. His statements are being broadcast by Voice of America and others into the country in Farsi. So this is a direct US authorized coup to try and restore some sort of the monarchy. Will see if it does ever get there. But that is you know, I mean, this is disastrous. This is Iraq two point zero in many ways, except without the US or boots that are on the ground. We don't obviously want to see that and avoid it. However, even if we do avoid it, then the country is very likely on a Libya trajectory right now, and in particular to turn itself into an Israeli rump state, which will long be targeted. Their goal is a full blown civil war inside the country. They don't care about the refugee crisis because none of them will come to them. They'll stick it on the Arabs, and they'll stick it on Europe. Europeans, by the way, appear broadly supportive so far of a lot of these our Carney, mister new global Order, mister new Global Order, is supportive of this. Just to show you all how full of shit so many of these people are, I'll give you what Crone his credit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well, I just wanted to point out this statement that I have up from Jade Vance because I think this may turn out to be a rather infamous statement that he made yesterday. I think we have to avoid over learning the lessons of the past. Just because one president screwed up a military conflict doesn't mean we can never engauge in military conflict again.
Speaker 1: And I knew we were there, and yeah.
Speaker 3: And this is you know, this is mister positioned himself like he was mister anti war, and now he's saying out of the Iraq war that was just a blip. We shouldn't have we shouldn't overlearn the mistakes from that. And to your point about Tulcy Gabbard, you know she had previously what she would say is going to war with Iran will make a rock look like a cake walk. That was her previous positioning. And now here we are going to say about launching an a major war with the run and not even some pretext of like it's limited strikes. No, we are going for the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you? I mean, what is there to even say about people like this? It's it's the post profound lie to the American people. Man. I can't even think of a similar example. And look, you know, maybe we'll we'll help them pay for it a little bit later. But in the interim, as we all know, we are at their mercy. And what we are now watching is a full blown regime change. John Bolton, Mark Levin, many others who are doing backflips. Kroke, Lindsey Graham, I mean, my god, I mean it is it is really noteworthy in so far as the war has gone. Now, is that all not only was diplomacy a ruse, but even the limited strike package was was a ruse because it presumed negotiation. This is fully the it Israeli wet dream of what's happened. And just to prove it to you, can we put that CNN article up there about I couldn't even believe that this is real. I checked. It's real. This is a real article that ran on CNN dot com from Jerusalem, and they are talking about the significance of this day launching this attack from the book of Deuteram Deuteronomy and amelek uh, so like this is the reality.
Speaker 3: This is remember and this is the about to be Ellison owned CNN by the way, So they're just, you know, pre complying with not that CNN was over that great to start with, but pre complying with the new extreme Zionist regime that's about to be. Let me read this this led by Barry Wise. These are the people.
Speaker 1: Who are we are at the mercy of the timing of the US is really attacked. Bear symbolic meaning in Judaism. Ahead of the upcoming holiday of Purum, worshippers read the specific portion of the Old Testament known as Zacre. The passage from the Book of Deuteronomy commands the ancient Israelites to remember an unprovoked attack by the nation of Amelek and to eradicate the memory of Amelik. Once the Israelites are settled in their land, the passage is read publicly before Pium to fulfill the mitzvah of remembering Amelik as Israel's archetypal enemy. This and because if you combine this with the fact that the date was already pre planned some year like months ago, well, I mean you think American war planners picked the date to coincide with the Book of Deuteronomy and Amelek. I mean, this is insanity. This also combined.
Speaker 3: We talk about the theocracy of Iran posing such a risk and making them so irrational, and then this is literally the justification that is given for the launch of this war. I mean, that's insane. That is insane.
Speaker 1: How can we even trying to explain this to normal people is going to be one of the more difficult projects of this war. And I'm going to ask everybody who's watching this, you know, not don't be annoying, but when people bring it up, try to get into it. And really get it because the propaganda is going to be unbelievable. Already this morning, turning on Fox News and see it. By the way, CNN, not only the Amelek thing, they've got Brett McGirk and all of these officials who have all been advocating for regime.
Speaker 3: Change, preemptive strike, preemptive strike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, preemptive strike, who are just doing the bidding and printing Pentagon war Pentagon press statements. By the way, the Pentagon pet Hegseth. He's calling this operation epic Fury. This is like cosplaying war, except this real life. And there are already dozens of people who have been killed. Why don't we put up the statement from the Iranian state media of a.
Speaker 3: School let me stroke Yeah, let me put this one up. This is horrible. This school, a girls' school it appears was elementary school, was struck by either the US or Israel. Here they're reporting at least forty killed, forty eight students injured following this strike on a girls school in monob As. Rescue and recovery efforts continue. So, yeah, you know nation that strikes girls' school, and do you think they're going to be sad about Do you think they're going to apologize for it? Do you think they're going to accept any blame or accountability? Of course not, of course, it's probably it's real. We look at what the Israelis and the US got away with the genocide in Gaza. Now literally every level of horror and brutalities on the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was probably the Israelis from what I've seen now so far, you know, sticking to their long tried and true you know war targeted strikes that we all know well from what happened in Gaza, and it is just so unbelievable already to watch how this has gone out and what we are watching now so far. I mean, I really think again, you know, despite all of the talk about peace and diplomacy, to launch the war in this fashion, we have no off ramp. It's over. I mean, unless there's a literal about face by Donald Trump, which I think is very unlikely. The other problem, as we saw, is that it's very easy to start a war. It's much harder to end a war. And that's when you're in control of your own government. Now you have a foreign rogue state which will bomb any country which is in the immediate vicinity and can kick things off into higher gear whenever they want.
Speaker 3: To, and our ambassador to that country saying that there, you know, we're down with the Greater Israel project of you know, Israel wants to just fully fulfill their biblical prophecy and take over whatever portions of their neighboring states that they want to. I mean that, you know, apparently is US official policy at this point, given that it was stated by the US ambassador that it appears to reflect facts on the ground in terms of Israeli behavior, and was never walked back by any element of our regime. And I just want to throw the Epstein angle of this into the mix, because you have to look at this and in some senses go it doesn't really add up. The military didn't want this war. The political people knew that this could be a big problem. I mean, you just look at the polling and you know that it is catastrophic. Now will Republicans who are Trump supporters, will they come around and suddenly flip and they'll support sure but independence any sort of swing voter, they are draumatically opposed to this, especially when from the jump you're saying, hey, Americans are probably gonna die here.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: So the political piece, the military piece, our allies in the region they did not want this war, Our broader allies in Europe and Canada, they were not pushing for this. This was just Israel and the Israeli you know, pro Israel donors in the US, and then Donald Trump, who decided that this is the direction that we should go in. And so you have to factor into this. Okay, you know, they are not so stupid in this government that they can't see what we do, that this is potentially disastrous, that there's no off ramp that we could get dragged in, that it's this massive regional conflagration at a time when Trump is already incredibly politically weak. And then so you have to couple that with Okay, well, maybe it really is something that Israel knows about him. In the Epstein files. You know, we have this ongoing mass cover. Clearly there are things in there he does not want to come out, as evidenced by the fact that they are hiding the files, that they are giving Glayanne Maxwell this cushy treatment. And now I think you have to add another piece of evidence that he has decided to do the thing that is the one line he has always Trump has always been very belligerent, right, very hawkish. He's not afraid to use the military. But the one thing he seemed to be genuinely concerned about is getting embroiled in a long term, forever war, especially in the Middle East. And now, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well I'll add another layer crystal. And I you know, it's been a bit difficult to try and navigate this, but I'm just going to come out and tell everybody. I think Donald Trump believes that the Israelis would use a nuclear weapon. I think he believes that they would use a nuclear weapon against Iran, or at the very least, that they would launch the preemptive war no matter what, and they would basically dare America to not defend them. So it could be it's also I genuinely think either some sort of you know, either black or strategic blackmail, very at the very least, and considering how the Israelis have operated in Gaza, I think we should believe if they're going to make those types of threats, and you know, that's that's something I've been hearing a little bit behind the scenes. It's been a bit you know, difficult to actually, well, it's been difficult to assess because we talked about it, like do we really think that, Like it just seems so crazy, I think, as evidenced by what has happened, as you just said, who launches a preemptive war, Who launches a war of choice nine months before the midterm elections of which eighty percent of Americans are against? That's not normal, Not when you have the entire administration full of people who are on the record who are against what regime change, war with Iran. Something is going on. Something is going on. I personally think there was a nuclear blackmail angle effectively that and some behind the scenes. If you don't believe me, this is a precedent, by the way, from the Yamkapor War, and you can go and read a little bit about that in nineteen seventy three. But I do think it's very important for us to try and assess now how we are as a democracy. We had literally no checks and have no ability to check inside this now because and I really mean this now with Congress, the Congress is surrendering aside from Rocana, and if we want, we can put his video on because I want to give this guy as much credit as humanly possible him and Thomas Massey, who at the very least foresaw this, who are at least calling get these guys on the record. Because John Thune and Chuck Schumer and Mark Warner and all of these other guys. They may talk about how they're against it, they're not. They're against the you know, they're against the process of which it all went down. But these are the only people who are at least demanding, let's say, if this is a disaster sometime in the future, that we can have out and hold these people accountable for actually doing this. All right, So let's let's play Rocanna.
Speaker 5: Donald Kirk has launched a more on Iran. The Congress supposed Rea can be on Monday to vote on Thomas Nancy and My Warpiver's resolution to stop this war. Comb says his goal is to topple the Iranian regime.
Speaker 4: But the American people are.
Speaker 5: Tired of regime change wars that cost us billions of dollars and risk for lives. We don't want to be at more with a country of ninety million people in the Middle East. Every member of Congress must go on a record today on how they won't vote on Thomas Fancy and my Warpiver's resolution.
Speaker 3: And you know, they really the Democratic leadership, like the Capitulation Caucus on the Democratic side, they really pulled some fuckery here because this vote was supposed to happen last week and they came to Row and they said, oh, well, some people are wavering, it'll go better if we wait till next week. And just happened that that Trump enough time to you know, launch this war alongside Israel on their chosen day, you know, to honor their commitments to destroying Amelek before this war Powers resolution could could come down. Now it's been so Mark Warner, you mentioned Mark Warner. He put out like a really extremely lame statement that I can put up on the screen to give you a sense of you know, these are some of the things that we're hearing, like from him and from Schumer ahead of time, which was hand ringing and concern trolling over the process here. So he says, in part by the president's owned words, American heroes may be lost. That alone should demand at the highest level of scrutiny, deliberation, and accountability. So not don't do it, just we need some more scrutiny, Yet the President moved forward without seeking congressional authorization. The Constitution has cleared the decision to take this nation of war rest with Congress launching large scale military operations, particularly in the absence of an imminent threat to the US raiss series legal and constitutional concerns. Congress must be fully briefed, and the administration must come forward with a clear legal justification and defined end state and a plan that avoids dragging the US into yet another costly and unnecessary war. So, you know, extremely lame statement there. I will say there are others who have come out who have been much more forceful, including people you wouldn't necessarily expect. This is Tim Kaine, he said, you know, he's a major proponent of calling back warpowers from the executive branch. Has President Trump learned nothing from decades of US meddling in Iran and forever wars in the Middle East? Is he too mentally incapacitated to realize we had a diplomatic agreement with Ron that was keeping its nuclear program in check until he ripped it up during the first term. For months, I've raised hell about the fact that American people want lower prices, not more war, especially wars that aren't authorized by Congress as required by the Constitution and don't have a clear objective. These strikes are a colossal mistake, and I pray they do not cost our sons and daughters in uniform and an embassy throughout the region their lives. The Senate should immediately return to session vote on my War Powers resolution to block the use of US forces in hostilities against Irun. Every single Senator needs to go on the record about this dangerous, unnecessary, and idiotic action. So you know, you're going to have a real divide in the Democrats. No one is going to well except for John Foterman has already come out and said he thinks this is great and wonderful and whatever. So you've got that. But outside of him, you're gonna have two camps. You're gonna have the camps like row and like Tim Kaine here who are clearly opposed, and then you're gonna have the process handbringers like Mark Warner, and so take careful note of who is who, and then also take careful note of how everybody Democrat or Republican votes on these war powers resolution, because at this point Obviously it's too late to stop anything. And let's be honest, even if they voted on this last week, this administration was going to do whatever the fuck they wanted to do anyway. But at the very least, at the very least, we can get some sort of record of who was where, who supported what, because they us be political hell to pay for everyone who was okay with this, who enabled it, and especially for those who actively cheerleaded it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. I think you're absolutely right, and I think it's unbelievable watching already, you know some of the scenes. Also, there's some chatter from Radio Israel and multiple other Israeli news outlets that the Ayatola Komane was you know, targeted directly. They're saying that he was likely injured and they would be shocked if he was not dead. So you already have major figures in the Iranian regime who are either confirmed dead or who are very likely dead, who are all right now. But you can see, you know, currently, as we're all watching right now, one of the most extraordinary wars of choice now in years from the United States. I mean, I never thought I would sit here and give flowers to George W. Bush, for manufactory evidence, for taking it to the UN Security Council, for taking it to Congress, and getting Hillary Clinton and all of the other Democrats on record, and truly, I mean ninety percent of the American people, we're supporting the war with Iraq. We had the cable new there was no debate, none, zero on this entire thing. Most people are probably just waking up this morning and they had no idea that this was even really on the table. And now, you know, you may know somebody, I certainly do. People who are deployed now in the Gulf, people who are deployed on these carrier strike groups, people who are served in the United States military. Their lives are at risk. Not my words, the President's words. Their lives are at risk. They may be lost. But it is what it is, is basically what he is saying now currently. Look, there's going to be a lot of propaganda over the years, or over the it is going to be years most likely now in this there's going to be a lot of propaganda over the years, I think on this conflict. Don't just you know, let's remember Iraq mission accomplished only took three weeks. There will be many claims from this administration. They will deride those of us who spoke out of against it as pannikins. They will manufacture victories, They will try to portray it as something that worked in the immediate term. Let us all remember Iraq, Syria, Libya. I mean, I can't even think on the off the top of my head all of the interventions that we have had where it plays out that way. Every single time Afghanistan, we brought democracy to Afghanistan, it all worked out with they even had elections crystal. It was unbelievable, it was beautiful, people were voting. How mad Karzai was in power for years. We thought it was a settled matter, and then what happened. What happened. So do not let these people just gaslight you with immediate declarations of victory or that it's all going to work out. We don't know yet the consequences. It will take many, many years to really grapple. All we can really hope for, you know, in the immediate term is like less loss of life. I don't see how it's possible. I really don't not. Whenever you're going to declare from the immediate term that this is it and when you have the Israelis who are there, who are to bomb literally, you know, anything in sight in order to keep the war as brutal as possible, because they don't want, you know, any element of the Iranian regime to come to power their nightmare. You know, this is another thing I think we should explain. The best case scenario, let's say, for how this would all work out, would be some sort of IRGC commander who says, fine, I'll make a deal with you. I've seized control. Trump declares victory. Do you think Israel is going to let that happen? No, right, They're gonna want the like they want the full Manti, they want the full on Pallavi restoring of the monarchy, which many of the country is not going to accept. That get basically guarantees civil war from the point that we are. Point we're at, regardless of whether we come in or not with boots on the ground or who even knows, with loss of life in other spheares well.
Speaker 3: And let's talk about a little bit why the Israelis feel that it's this is now or never for their moment to permanently establish their regional hegemony. And you know, take out their longtime nemesis Iran and make sure they can ever achieve the nuclear weapons or any sort of balance in the region. Well, Israel has They've got a lot of issues. You know, there's a poll that just came out that showed, for the first time ever on net the American people have more sympathy for the Palestinians than the Israelis. If you told me that five years ago, I would have told you to get your head examined. It is over for them in terms of a blank check. The American people are done. There was some movement with Republicans, but predominantly with Independence and Democrats. Overwhelmingly they are disgusted by our enabling of this rogue, genocidal regime. And it is highly likely in twenty twenty eight you are going to get a president who has a very different view of things and is going to take a very different approach. At the same time, they are staring down a very difficult demographic future. They've experienced significant brain drain of the more secular and highly educated of their citizens who have left the country. I'm sure this. You know, New War is probably not going to help them mount on that front. And you have increasingly the population made up of hard right and more orthodox families who have large numbers of children, but don't want to work, don't want to fight in the military, and want to just benefit from Israel's generous social safety net. So the math doesn't math over a long period of time. That's why, both from a demographic perspective and also a political perspective in the US most importantly, but around the world globally. You know, their reputation is in the toilet. That's why they feel like now is the time we have to go for broke because this is very risky for them too. I mean they're going to take damage, right, this is going to be this requires yeah, they already have. This requires a significant amount of risk taking. So you might ask yourself, well, why does Israel want this right now at this time? As well? That is the reason, because they can see the writing on the wall that they are at the peak of their strength right now and things are only going to be down hill from here, and that the very existence of the state and like their strength is also very much on the line. So you know, you've got that, and then you've got whatever is going on with Trump. You know, whether it's the nuclear blackmail, the Epstein thing. You know, people you said it's called that's being called Operation epic Fury. They see people saying, let's call it Operation Epstein Fury, which I absolutely think we should all be doing, because I do think that those two things are directly connected. And all of the hundreds of millions of dollars that flowed into his campaign from pro zionist sources. Then you've got the media array. You know, we just got the news about the you know, the paramount deal. So now you have the Ellison's have not only CBS, CNN, HBO, TikTok, just this mass media empire that is not only pro Trump, but pro Zionists to do their best to manufacture consent. Not that I think that's entirely going to work on the American people, but those are all the chips that they've kind of got in play to make this you know, final, final, disastrous, insane move on the chess board.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, I mean, just summarizing now. Obviously we will be covering this now for years to come. I hope we were able to add a little bit of some context to the things that you're all watching play out. This is unfortunately going to be very long. This will be a week's long campaign just in the immediate future. Then we will have to see where things shake out. There's untold amounts of death and destruction for the people of Iran. They are now fully going to be at the mercy of the western and the regional powers. There will also probably be at the mercy of a regime which is fighting for its life. The Iranian Foreign Minister is on television right now, Crystal, as you and I are speaking. He has said, as far as he knows, the Ayahtola is alive. He is also saying that he doesn't know why the United States insists on diplomacy and then tax the other party in the middle of their negotiations. He says, we lost a few commanders, but that's fine. We know how to fight from here, echoing some of the things I was saying earlier. They planned basically to be for a lot of decapitation, and effectively it's built in, and now they have no choice but to go all out. What all out means and their capabilities, obviously we don't know. But there's a lot of lives at risk on American service members too. I really do I think I would live to see it.
Speaker 3: A lot of lives, a lot of chaos, you know, I mean kind of everything is really on the line right now. You've opened up an extraordinary, you know, an extraordinarily dangerous Pandora's box, and now we all just have to sit back and see where the hell this this takes us. I'm going to be interviewing doctor Tree to Parsi in a little while, so pay attention for you know, look out for that interview later today. And we're going to continue to stay on top of this as things develop. Also, just you know, caveat on everything that all the elements that we put up. Obviously, this is a very fast moving situation, and you know, it can be difficult to ascertain the veracity of all the things that are unfolding in your timeline on a moment basis, which is also you know reality check for you guys out there while you're monitoring the situations. Just remember that there's always things that come out that turn out to be untrue later on, So just keep that in mind as you're processing all of this information.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind propaganda AI social media, disinformation from the ir audience, from the Israelis, from the United States. Keep in mind, try to fact check some of these things. It's going to mean immensely difficult time ahead for all of us. I'm grateful to be doing the show with you. I hope we can try and help people understand the world. It's a bad time, but we'll see you all as soon as probably very soon, unfortunately,