Speaker 1: He's the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, February fifteenth, twenty twenty four, and we are now officially seventy days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. Welcome into the Draft Show presented by Miller Lata Taste you Can depend on with Brian brought us Aisha Morrison, Nick Karras, Zakwilchuck back with us today.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeomans. What's going on, Zach?
Speaker 4: How's it going good man? I've been itching to get back here. I told Bobby, hey Man, you can sit out of this one. I had something I couldn't make Tuesday. Bobby and I are alternating. I said, Bobby, I'm jumping in on Thursday. Okay, you can go ahead and take a back seat.
Speaker 2: And then you guys fought for it, fistfight all the way through and you want so congratulations did We'll have to check up on Bobby later.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure he's doing okay.
Speaker 5: Brian, I'm doing great.
Speaker 6: I wasn't feeling well yesterday. I think Vegas got to me a little bit. I don't think it was the alcohol or anything like that.
Speaker 5: We were doing well.
Speaker 6: I just think there was a lot going on in that radio row. So I couldn't hear, couldn't talk, which is very bad for me to do. Uh So, Yeah, feel a lot better today. Happy to be on the Draft show and are ready to roll.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we've got some fun scenarios to talk about. But we're gonna scrap all that and we're only going to talk about how college football video games are back for the first.
Speaker 3: Time in a week. We're gonna do it. Yeah, We're just gonna not talk about anything else.
Speaker 2: Today's that's all in the game. Yeah, that's gonna be a lot of fun. No, on all serious notes. Brian put together a list of would you rather We're going to go through that, and there's a lot to get to. I want to go straight into it. I don't want to waste any time here. I want to say would you rather on a couple of these prospects.
Speaker 3: Now, keep in mind this is.
Speaker 2: Not Cowboys related specifically, right, Brian, This is prospect only.
Speaker 6: On your on your board. As you look at these, as you look at these players. And what I did was Dane Brugler's Top one hundred came out yesterday, and what I want to do is I wanted to kind of you know, he had a couple of guys that were pretty close position wise, and so I thought that would be a good opportunity for us to say, would you rather have this guy or this guy on your board. Dane does a hell of a job with his board, but all scouts are different the way they see these players. So that's why I created this list.
Speaker 2: It's a really good list. Some of them are really tough to really decipher between. By the way, you can check out Dane's Top one hundred on the Athletic right now.
Speaker 3: Just go on there.
Speaker 2: If you've got the subscription search top one hundred, you can even follow along as.
Speaker 3: We do this.
Speaker 2: But let's start things off at the wide receiver position. He has two wide receivers in the top three overall prospects. At number two, he has Marvin Harrison, junior wide receiver out of Ohio State, six foot four, two hundred and five pounds junior. Of course, the agree with Marvin Harrison that certainly there and he had a phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Season with the Buckeyes.
Speaker 2: But then right behind him out of Brian brought us his fight in LSU Tigers the league. Neighbors is there, six foot two hundred pound wide receiver and a junior as well. I shall start with you, out of these two prospects, which ones do you feel like you would go with?
Speaker 3: Which one do you feel like you would go with?
Speaker 7: Well, when comparing the two players, I feel like Marvin Harrison junior is is more is a little bit more of a route technician, just just I mean, it's so slight, it's very It's just a very small amount. But I also too, in comparison the yack ability between the two, I think if you're looking for I think MALIEE. Neighbors has more of a yack. The yack ability is there a little bit more with him. I just think that his they have similarity with the tracking and the strong hands, the concentration, the body controls.
Speaker 8: Similarities there.
Speaker 7: But I do think that the difference to me between the two was I look at Marvin Harrison, I see how he runs his routes and and everything, and I think that he's just a little bit more smooth and elak Neighbors just has.
Speaker 8: A little bit more edge to him to.
Speaker 7: Me and how he plays from a physical standpoint, and so Gez, I mean, who would I rather? And it's not for the Cowboys just in.
Speaker 3: General, just put stack.
Speaker 5: Him on your board.
Speaker 8: I'm not about to piss nobody up.
Speaker 7: I I I just think, I just think it depends on what you what you what you.
Speaker 8: Like in a player. So for me, Mylik Neighbors stood out score.
Speaker 7: He just when I look at a player, when I look at a wide receiver, I just I like his. And it's not to say that Marvin Harrison Junior doesn't have an edge to him, because he does.
Speaker 8: But there's just this little bit of like attitude different.
Speaker 7: It's very slight that I like in Mylik Neighbors just a tabit more.
Speaker 8: That's just me and that is what it is.
Speaker 9: You spoke to that physicality with with Neighbors, And I think that's probably the biggest concern I could find with Marvin Harrison Junior whenever I was looking at tape on him and trying to find anything that I didn't like, is the fact that he's typically brought down whenever he gets breathed on on first contact You're not gonna see him slip many tackles, but you got to get to him first. I think that's the biggest thing with He creates separations so easily at the top of his routes. His releases are some of the best that I've seen at the college level coming out. It's tough to find many bad things about him. Whenever I look at my league neighbors, I probably find a little bit more concern as far as being able to run away from guys. Compared to Marvin Harrison. He can't. Compared to Marvin Harrison, I think there's a little bit more of that big playability from him. I think if you're looking for a receiver, which if you're drafting in the top of the first round for a receiver, you're looking for one that can change your offense and be able to add that highlight element to what you want to bring to an NFL offense. I think you get Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 8: Well, well, my meleak neighbors. I think I don't know if I think the Melik Neighbors.
Speaker 7: When he turns a field and he's the way he's looking a field to make plays, He's he's a little bit more angry of are to me. And so even so where you would say, Okay, well, I don't know if I don't know if I think his balance is just a bit better, you know, and really, yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 9: I don't I agree with that, like, I don't think wrong, I don't think contact like that's that's one of the things just in terms of after catch after catch, because.
Speaker 3: You're talking about catch.
Speaker 4: To me, what sets him apart is I think Marvin Harrison Junior along the sideline when it comes to body can being able to you know, high point the football make some really difficult grounds. The Neighbors will body catch a little bit.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm with you, guys in terms of after the catch. Now give me rama dunes over both of these guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was waiting for somebody to bring that up, But no, I've got a D three.
Speaker 5: But I and I just want to do better than Neighbors.
Speaker 4: That's really I think. I think they're closer to me than Harrison and Neighbors are. Wow, I got Harrison a number one. Now do you still think.
Speaker 2: Both of these guys, Harrison Junior and Neighbors are top five prospects in the draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think all three of those guys are probably top ten prospects for me.
Speaker 5: Do you agree, Brian, Yeah, there's no question about that.
Speaker 6: The thing about it is the uh, it's because I sit on this panel here as an evaluator, and I know I'm an LSU guy.
Speaker 5: This is one of the best receivers ever to play at LSU.
Speaker 6: And they've had thanks ed thanks, Yeah, and they've had some uh, they've had some great ones. When you start to talk about Chase and Jefferson and all that, this kid right here is yeah, it is pretty good.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, like I say, they've had some great ones, and this kid is right there with these guys. And when the way you watch him play, he loves to play the game. But Marvin Harrison, you could watch him and say the same thing. Marvin Harrison loves to play the game. You could see that both of those game breaker kind of guys. I do think the difference between the two is run after catch. I think there's some explosiveness to Neighbors game. I think there's some finish to his game. I've seen him catch the ball, turn it up field, run through people, you know, and just bounce off guys get extra yards and stuff like that. So he's the master of the stutter goes. He can, he can set you up. He can you know, he runs across the middle.
Speaker 5: He could go deep. He's he's got so much to his game.
Speaker 6: I people gonna say, oh, Rosher lsu Homer, Okay, fine, I'm an lsu Homer Neighbors.
Speaker 5: I think is a better player than Marvin Harrison could.
Speaker 2: Some of the physicality questions for Marvin Harrison Junior stem from he wasn't caught by anybody. I mean, he was so fast, he was so much a step ahead from defenders in the Big Ten and even some of the competition that Ohio State played outside of that, he never had to be physical win catching footballs on the film.
Speaker 9: Yeah, where it jumped out to me was when he was getting the ball in the shorts of intermediate range and having to kind of be able to find a hole and break through that. That was that was the only again, the only concern I can find with Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love cat radius, really impressed and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's unbelievable the way that he can contort.
Speaker 5: I mean it's Michael Gallup esque.
Speaker 4: When Gallup was in his prime, his ability to make tough catches with his wings span, the catch readiest. To your point, I think he's got the long speed. Neighbors runs more angry. I mean, you're and I think the body type is it's probably the difference, right, because Marvin Harrison Junior is a little bit long, slight build. Neighbors is taller. Neighbors is filled out. Yeah, you know so Neighbors. I think physically, you look at him, he's got the Probably he's a.
Speaker 5: Stronger player than Marvin Harrison Junior is.
Speaker 4: But I think it's just the quickness, the ability to create separation, the route running. I just think all those things are a tick better with Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 10: But the act.
Speaker 5: I hear the argument, and I agree with you when it comes to Neighbors.
Speaker 7: I mean, his foot quickness helps him when he does get the ball. When you talk Marvin Harrison Junior, when he does catch the ball, it's not like some it's not he's not super shifty, but it's like it's shifty enough to where he can make someone miss. But I don't want to sit up for an act like the guy. I mean, if you look and him, he's blocking down field too, guys like he is willing to sacrifice his body in that way. I was just and I think you bring up a really good point about the fact that, I mean, his releases are just so crazy that sometimes people are just not even around him.
Speaker 5: He makes a ton of play.
Speaker 7: But I will say too, but I mean at the NFL level, though, there's going to be some people that can rock with you.
Speaker 4: Again about ball security, I mean, you watch Neighbors, I think that that might be one thing you could give to him. Marvin Harrison Junior, when he runs the ball, he'll leave some openings for you to get it punched out a little bit from DBS so neighbors, I think, I mean, if you look at the next level, I don't think either room have a fumbling issue by any means, don't get me wrong, but that was something that I did put in my notes. He will give you an opening for the ball to get punched out by alert defenders.
Speaker 5: With Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 6: Junie, I think Nick makes a great point though though the first tackler you see that, you know, you do see first tackler sometimes getting Harrison down there, and I just think that to me, you know, give me the guy that's give me the guy that defenders are trying to like, are having problems with that.
Speaker 5: We can't get the sky on the ground.
Speaker 8: Do you think it's a longevity thing? And I don't want to listen.
Speaker 7: I don't want to sound like I'm thinking too hard into it, But do you think it is a because I do think there's a way to fall, there's a way to get tackled if you watch him, because you see that even in the NBA and stuff like that, where the guys take contact, they know how to take the contact and not injure themselves. When I look at him, there's a lot of time that his falls are calculated, like.
Speaker 3: He's it's taught.
Speaker 9: It's taught now, it's.
Speaker 7: Taught and so and it's actually asks Brandon Cooks about this this season because if you notice that about him, he shields himself. He'll do different things because he understands that his frame is like you were talking about Marvin Harrison's frame, his frame isn't the super strongest, so he does some things to protect himself. When I look at Marvin Harrison sometimes I do think not avoiding contact. I just think he understands how to take contact and how and so it doesn't look the same way as it does when Leek neighbors where He's just like, I don't I don't really care if you decided to contact me.
Speaker 3: I feel like we could spend an entire draft show on just the Wiers.
Speaker 5: We really could.
Speaker 2: There are so many fun ones. But let's go from loaded the guy's pass catching the ball to the ones that are throwing the ball. And there's two of them on this list that Brian put up there. And of course Lshoes owned Jade and Daniels Heisman Trophy winner the Sanella.
Speaker 5: Shoe Themes show today, folks.
Speaker 3: I hope you know that, Tigers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was number eight on Dane's top one hundred at Jaden Daniels of course won the Heisman, had a phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Season, one of the college football's best seasons ever.
Speaker 2: Then you got Drake May North Carolina, who's number four on Dane's list. So you got number four in May, number eight and Jade and Daniels. Nick, I'll let you start on this one.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I've I've actually gone back and forth between this the last couple of weeks, and I've I've been asking myself whether Drake May is closer to Caleb Williams, or if Jade and Daniels is closer to Drake May. And I've been trying to have that conversation and trying to figure out kind of how that top three shape out in my mind because I'm trying to go trying to look at it from a holistic approach and not just put Williams at one. I think Williams is the one. I think he's one two. Just the fact that I'm having that conversation with myself, I'm putting Drake May too. I love what Drake May does from a pocket standpoint, his feel in the pocket, being able to get out at the right times, he feels things behind him. I love that part of his game. I think it's going to translate to the NFL a little bit better than what Daniels does. We've talked a little bit about Daniels and how kind of lean he is at this point in his career. I would love to see him add fifteen twenty pounds before he takes on a starting role in the NFL. I think with going in the first round, both of these guys will with five years of development. If we're looking five years into the future. I think Drake May will be a more developed prospect by that point, but I still think Jayde Daniels will be an NFL starter in five years.
Speaker 2: Drake May six foot four, two thirty and then you've got Jaden Daniels who's six foot three two oh five, And of course that's gonna change whenever the combine comes around. We'll get more accurate numbers and we'll kind of roll from there. But you could add some of that weight if you want to.
Speaker 3: Aisha huh No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, this is uh, this is this is a challenge for me. You've got the prototypical size for the position in Drake May. I do think he's pro ready. I like the footwork. He'll stand in the pocket, he'll take a hit, deliver a throw when he's on, and that's the thing. When he's on, the dude throws a catchable ball. He's super accurate.
Speaker 5: He shows an.
Speaker 4: Understanding of coverage. I think he plays the position with a lot of awareness. He'll throw the football away, but there are times where he's like, man, I'm a gun slinger. I'm gonna trust my arm here, and he'll make some throws over the middle. Of the field that you're thinking, what the hell are you doing right here? Sometimes I want him to be a little bit more decisive. I think that Drake may fits more of your offensive coordinator and schemes in the NFL. I think Jaden Daniels is the better game breaking NFL changer.
Speaker 5: Type of player. This dude is special. He is rare.
Speaker 4: He is a talent to where he can extend plays. He's an unbelievable runner Lamar Jackson esque, but he can also stand in the pocket. In which you love about him is when things are starting to break down around him. He's not always looking to bail out and run. He is keeping his eyes downfield, and he's only taking off once the play is officially broken down. He can step up. He can slide navigate in the pocket. Between the two, I think I'm gonna go with Jayden Daniels. I think when you're taking guys that are up here at this level, I want the game breaker prospect.
Speaker 5: I think Drake mays a safer pick.
Speaker 4: I think if I'm an offensive staff, I'm gonna have a plan for Jayden Daniels. He needs to make sure he's not taken as big of hits in the open field. This dude needs to get out of bounds sometimes or learn how to slide because he puts himself in arm's way, but he can flick it. He's got tremendous arm strength. I think I'm gonna slightly go with Jayden Daniels here.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Brian, I'm going to go with my guy once again from LSU and.
Speaker 5: I've seen some games.
Speaker 6: I've seen some games where Drake may as you know, you could see the arm talent. It appears good and then others with the ball will die on him. I think that he could be a little hit and miss with zaccuracy. He reminds me of Eli Manning, but with a little bit better athletic ability. And I mean the way he stands in the pocket, the way he looks tall there. I know Eli Manning is a potential Hall of Famer type of guy. But the way that Eli Manning throws the ball, and sometimes you don't always see the arm strength there, but.
Speaker 5: He's got the touch.
Speaker 6: He could throw the ball underneath, he could throw the screens and the quick game stuff like that.
Speaker 5: This guy's had three.
Speaker 6: Games though this year where he threw two interceptions, you know, North Carolina State, Minnesota, app State. His only victory top twenty five victory was against Miami in a game where he threw four touchdowns. So I don't know about him as far as the when you start to talk about big lights, big stage kind of guy, and I think that when you look at Daniels, the only reason LESU won ten games this year was because of Daniels. They were historically bad on defense. He did win the Heisman Trophy. He deserved the Heisman Trophy. He's got some incredible toughness the way he plays.
Speaker 5: He took vicious hits.
Speaker 6: Throughout the year. He bounces back, He battles through the game. He doesn't give up on plays. He can embarrass tacklers in the open field. There's something about this kid that he has ability to move and to feel pocket awareness, get out, run, you think you have an angle, you don't have an angle. And he throws the ball well enough. I mean, he's got some super strong hands. You'll see him flag the ball. He'll like put the ball outside while he's running and stuff like that. But he doesn't turn it over. But his lack of bulk might turn some scouts off.
Speaker 5: That might be the problem right there. Skinny is Skinny is.
Speaker 6: He is very at two oh five, he does looks very now he's six three. It's not like what we saw last year with the kid at Carolina. Now, you know with with Bryce Young, he is bigger than Bryce Young. But you start to talk about a narrow framed guy, and again that might turn some guys off.
Speaker 9: I think the gamer effect is definitely something you have to take into account here whenever you compare these two. And I think Jayden Daniels does have a little bit more of that element to him. I think there's a big point to be made there, and I think that's why I go back and forth with the two so much. Right we have this show two weeks ago, I'm giving you a different answer, and I think after the combine we can have a different different two guys are so close to each other. I think they'll go two and three if the three teams that are picking right now will stay at one, two, three, and my mock draft I have these guys going one, two three.
Speaker 4: I think, to me, though, what's interesting, and I know this was who would you rather between those two?
Speaker 5: I think those are the top three. But who's your fourth guy.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask that question. The next one man, next man up on Dane's list is JJ.
Speaker 3: McCarthy out of Michigan.
Speaker 5: See I got Penix.
Speaker 3: I'm Pinnix all day and I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't get the JJ McCarthy Bonnick hype for me. I think McCarthy, you want to take him in the second round. Maybe like Sean Payton and the Broncos, he could be a good fit there.
Speaker 5: I think JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 4: I know Cam Newton got into a lot of trouble with the game manager talk. That's what McCarthy is for me. I just don't see him making game changing type of plays. I think he plays within the game, plays within the system. I mean you're watching him, they're handing the ball off, handing the ball off. Then you need him to make a play on third down and he'll.
Speaker 5: Sail a pass.
Speaker 4: I don't get it with JJ McCarthy bo Nicks, I definitely don't get it. I think he's a third round, fourth round type of dude. Bo Nicks is a one read type of quarterback for me. I don't think either room our first round players. I think Pennix is the next dude.
Speaker 9: Up, slander, let's go.
Speaker 2: We've always you've always had something else for Nicks. Now there is a place in the NFL for guys like that. There are plays.
Speaker 3: I mean, one of the guys played in the super Bowl this past year.
Speaker 9: Then let's not.
Speaker 3: Let's not. Let's not pretend brock Party is the top quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 5: I mean he's the best.
Speaker 3: No, that's not. Let's not.
Speaker 5: That's why Patrick mahomes you. No, he did not.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to offensive tackle.
Speaker 2: How about this sixteen and seventeen on Dane's Top one hundred, one hundred list offensive tackle out of Oregon State, Talisi Fuaga six foot five, three thirty two Redcher junior making his way out of Oregon State.
Speaker 3: Then you've got a Marius Mimes.
Speaker 2: Offensive tackle out of Georgia six ' seven three thirty Brian who you got on this one?
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what I went with the Oregon State kid here in this one, and I'll tell you why I did, because, man, the the thing about him is it's amazing his athletic ability for his size. He's so impressive of the foot athlete. He puts himself in position to kick away from the line of scrimmage. Opponents have no shot to bull rush this guy super He's super tough, he sits down, he's nasty in the run game. He can easily get movement off the snap. He will drive his man out of the play several times. If you're watching the film and he's just and his guy, you know.
Speaker 5: Out of the way.
Speaker 6: I think there might you know, I think there might be some thought about moving him even to guard because of the power and the ability to move. But I just love the way that this guy punishes defenders when helping teammates. The power, the finish he makes me really really uh you know, at six six three thirty four. Those are all things to really really like about his game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, whenever I looked at Fuaga, I like that you mentioned the mobility because I put that his ability starts with his legs and it finish, It finishes with his violent hands. I saw that at Senior Bowl quite a bit. Before going into the Senior Bowl, I liked Fluago, but I fell in love with him after that. And then they they threw a different kind of pass rushers at him. They threw the athletic ones like lyle to Latu and then they threw the physical ones like a Marshawn Nelan, and he was able to combo both of those type of pass rushers with his feet first and then finishing with his hands. I really love what he does, and his experience, I think is what's going to make me give him the victory for me here in this would you rather you talk about it Marius Mems and I know we've talked about it with just the eight starts, but that's tough. He's young, it's not necessarily raw. No, No, he's not necessarily raw at all. I think he can go into an NFL franchise, be able to have a strong training camp, and have an opportunity to start depending on where he lands. But I think with a little bit more of that experience in preseason and getting him a custom with an NFL offense early in the year with a team that might not be competing for a playoff spot, I think by year two, year three, we could be comparing these guys a lot more closer. I think long term that's really tough to judge, but right now, as a draft prospect, I'll take the experience. If two guys are kind of the same to me when it comes to on field play.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when you look at Fuaga, I don't think you can teach what he does and just the you talk about the attitude and the determination.
Speaker 8: He has a lot of tenacity in his game.
Speaker 7: And again I think Mems has these things as well, but I just you look at Fuaga and the tech, the technical side of things is there.
Speaker 8: I just think you have a more.
Speaker 7: Rounded player to start right with with Fuaga to start and that's that would be.
Speaker 8: My only thing is the experience and things.
Speaker 7: But I just don't think what he does in the run game and just how his the natural awareness and stuff from him is just it's.
Speaker 8: Just the guy just gets the position.
Speaker 7: It's you know, so if I'm if I'm a coach or something like that, I kind of know exactly exactly what I'm getting right away with this guy. In comparison to Mems, even though there's a lot of love for Home over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, both of those guys would be great.
Speaker 2: And we're not I know we're not talking about cowboys specifically, but I would I would take you don't want to make it, Mems could certainly make it.
Speaker 5: Mims is one of those guys. For like four years from now.
Speaker 4: If he ends up being the best tackle in this class, I wouldn't be shocked because the talent's there. But I'm gonna go with Fuaga as well. I think he might be the best run blocking tackle of the bunch. I mean, I love what Alt can bring you, with Fashan who can bring you. But Fuaga is my favorite tackle in this draft.
Speaker 5: He's now, he's mean. I like the kick in the slide. He's got natural bend as well.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you can get caught, you know, lunging a little bit, so players can get caught underneath them.
Speaker 5: But log is a beast.
Speaker 6: You know the thing about memes And I'm gonna ask you guys this, do you feel like that you can use some movement wise in the scheme? I mean, do you feel like he's a light footed enough guy to be able to move around a little bit.
Speaker 8: I thought it was.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 8: I thought he was effective as a puller. It's not as the second one, not as it's not as smooth.
Speaker 7: It's not as like you can kind of see him have to build up like the transition it's smooth. But I do think it's something we talk about the experience. I do think that is something that could get better with the experience. But I do think as a as doing ad being asked to do it, he can do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got the ability to do it.
Speaker 4: I think you're right, And maybe that is an experience issue because sometimes you'll see him get out in space and he's like, I'm not sure who I need to block here, and so he's a little late to picking up his gay.
Speaker 5: That's what I picked up there. The talent. The talent, I do think.
Speaker 4: I think he's got the athletic I mean his arms are so long that the thing is, he's so big.
Speaker 5: When I'm watching him, I want him to just.
Speaker 4: Beat people up, like it's you have the physical ability and strength to do it. Blog is doing that, flogg Is knocking people on the ground. I'm like, Mims, be a little bit more aggressive you're at the point of attack.
Speaker 2: Is that something you can teach Brian to to an offensive tackle? I know some guys have it, like Fuaga has it. Yeah, if you don't think Mims has that is something that he is. That something he can pick up at the next level.
Speaker 6: I think that you're going to have to try because I think I just got him right, and Zach, I like what you're saying about the hesitation. I was just a little worried because I didn't see the smoothness. And I'm glad you explained it the way it is. I was thinking with the other guy, you know, he's just you see him and he locates, he's on it, and he's and he's working. Mims is a little bit of hesitation, a little bit, I'm not sure, a little bit of I'm trying to get gathered.
Speaker 5: To be able to do it.
Speaker 6: So that's why I had a little bit of a question. But both these guys are just mammoth when you start talking about in the three thirty and three forty range. I just felt like the Oregon State guy was just a little bit better scheme fit for me trying to if I'm going to play with some outside zone, I'm gonna play where I have to get second level or cut off back sides. He just seemed like he had a little bit more to his game there.
Speaker 9: It's natural for him.
Speaker 7: You can tell, yeah, I think he I think he with MEMS. One thing I was looking for him to do is finish blocks.
Speaker 3: There you go, yeah to it and flagger there's.
Speaker 7: No doubt you're trying to drive you completely out of the play. Now, the injury that Mims had, what was it?
Speaker 8: He had a surgery.
Speaker 5: He had an ankle here at an ankle in the South Carolina game.
Speaker 8: Ape.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, surgery is yeah.
Speaker 6: George is famous for this. George is famous for this tightrope, this high ankle spring. It's called tightrope. And they and they they connect the bones together, they bring the bones back together, and they did it with the tight end brock Bowers. Brock Bowers did it and he came back sooner. So George is kind of working on this. But they did this. But he he got hurt in the South Carolina game and missed six games.
Speaker 5: But they did the tight rope on it. Okay, you brought up rock Browners. Can I throw out a wood? You rather that? I think I might be on an island here?
Speaker 3: Can we do it on the second second you want to? Yeah, because we've got more.
Speaker 5: I want to get myself in trouble with you.
Speaker 2: We've got two more that we want to get to and then we can add yours third and we could talk about it h before we go to break tally.
Speaker 3: Essay, Right, is that how you say is seen?
Speaker 9: Talis. That's what I've been seeing.
Speaker 5: You've seen talise.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at Oregon State's pronunciation guide, and it could be wrong. I've seen plenty of college pronunciation guys that are wrong. But tally s or tally essay is what they've got.
Speaker 3: Tall e s t There you go.
Speaker 2: We've got your buddy from Oregon State. All right, when we come back, we're gonna continue with some would you rathers? We've got some edge rushers. Apparently Zach wants to talk about some tight ends. We're gonna talk about that when we come back. Right after this and more of the draft show.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snap.
Speaker 3: A fresh out who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a push down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust.
Speaker 10: With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 11: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center.
Speaker 5: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 13: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm and it's the chaos By creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 14: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draped shows.
Speaker 2: The Conka Calf Nation League's Finals are coming to at and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: Don't miss your chance.
Speaker 2: To watch North America's best soccer teams battle it out in this MI finals in March on March twenty first, then see who lifts the trophies in the championship match on March twenty fourth. Tickets are available now at sea geek dot com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: I'll be the soccer filling.
Speaker 6: Did you see the clip of Pat McAfee. He was interviewing Tiri on ree and he kept pronouncing it wrong. He kept saying it wrong, and Tier Henri was looking at him like you're.
Speaker 5: Not serious, are you? You're not serious?
Speaker 4: I can't even how he said It was like our trophy means more than that trophy that you get, you know.
Speaker 6: He was just trying to I think he was doing a complete bit. Yeah, but Henri's face was like just kind of like.
Speaker 9: Really you would think McAfee would be a soccer guy too, like typically punters and kickers were or are sure?
Speaker 5: I think I think he was doing a bit. I really do think he was doing.
Speaker 3: It was just saying like conk cave.
Speaker 15: Conka cough. He was saying something that was completely wrong. Is the way you have okay, conka calf is the way that you are.
Speaker 6: Supposed to say, yeah, yeah, it's worth going if you have, if you have an opportunity to go, it is absolutely well.
Speaker 3: It's it's an acronym and it's CEO in c a F.
Speaker 5: That's what he was saying. He goes our Conka for trophy means more than that. You know.
Speaker 6: He was just going on and Tran was just kind of looking at him like you're he was right biased by the way radio road to an interview. No, oh my gosh, what a following he had.
Speaker 5: It was people.
Speaker 6: He's got a he's got a media crew that goes with him everywhere he goes.
Speaker 5: That's pretty So.
Speaker 3: It's just like you a meteoro, right, yeah, far from Bryan.
Speaker 5: Who's who?
Speaker 3: That's part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was cool, it's cool. We need to get back to this.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Yeah, it took us off the track. I got to ask you about the vending machine food.
Speaker 4: Whenever it was not good, it would not recommend it. I mean, it's a cool machine. But that's about it.
Speaker 5: Pete's out of a machine. All right.
Speaker 3: Let's go with edge rushers first.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about Jared Jared Verse from Florida State versus Bayatu Latu from UCLA, also touching tags on Dame Brugler's top one hundred list on the Athletic twenty one and twenty two.
Speaker 3: Zach, where would you start on this one?
Speaker 5: Better all around player is Verse.
Speaker 4: I think he's the best all around edge when it comes to, you know, playing the run and rushing the passer. But I'm going to go with Law two because this is all about getting after the quarterback, and I have Law two. A's the best overall pass rusher in the draft. I think his bend is unique and it's exceptional. It reminds me of DeMarcus ware ESQ. You know, his ability to just get low. He's tough, He's got a nice little cross chop, he'll rush, he can loop all the way around the quarterback, get up field. I do think his gap discipline is an issue for me. I think Verse is better when it comes to that. I think he can play, you know, stand up outside linebacker, can put his hand in the ground. He's got room to improve. But I think he's the best overall pass rusher. Him and Chop Robinson are the top two guys for me.
Speaker 5: But Verse.
Speaker 4: If you want a guy that's just all around, can set the edge, play the run, but also gives you some pass rush ability versus the better all around guy.
Speaker 5: But I'm gonna lean.
Speaker 9: Onto that's Funny you mentioned about Law two's gap discipline, because the one negative that I did put with him is run game. I think there's a little bit of concerns there, but I think that's going to come with more experience A and then two as he kind of fills out his lower half. Like I said, whenever I came out of Senier Bowl, the whenever I look at his frame, when I look at his body, I still see room for him to grow in his lower half. You could still probably add ten to fifteen pounds there. I think if you want a guy to be physical, you want a guy that's dual purpose as far as being able to rush the passer but also being able to defend the run, you go with Jared Vers. But if you want a guy that's going to attack the quarterback and be athletic and violent and be able to get to him and bring him down, then you go get Law two. I think Law two is going to be the SAT guy that's going to blow away. It'll blow away. You know those stat categories whenever you look at Rookie of the Year and things about a year from now. But I think when you look at three four years from now, the better developmental project. I think it's Jared versus nice.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what, because I had a hard time with these two. I do love me some Verse, and I'm worried about what I'm gonna hear from the medical from lat too. You know, is are people going to you know, he was at the University of Washington and they asked him not to play football anymore, medically retired, medically retired and then came back. And I wonder if that's going to ding him further down the road. I love what you guys are saying. I just the thing with with Law two. I just I think that the past rushability is absolutely top shelf there. I think the more complete players Verse I agree with that. I just think the more complete player, you know, and because like he'll hold his ground, he reads the play, he reacts to the play, He's a good tackler in the open field, he could finish the play in a hurry, he wraps up in space, and all that the better. Like I say, the better pass rushers the u c l a kid, But the guy that plays the most complete game is Verse. And I think I would put Verse above him in this regard.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm ever reading my notes as you're.
Speaker 5: Going up and you're saying that Brian doesn't know what the hell is going.
Speaker 7: When you look in comparison to size and build, they're similar, they're they're just a little off from each other as far as the size and their build. But I will say when you talk about Jared Versby in the more, I don't know, just the more, I think he's just a little bit more under control.
Speaker 8: The lot to is.
Speaker 7: And I feel you because I like a little bit of Lattuo's not being under control because he you know, he just flies to the ball. And also to shut out to FSU for what they're doing over there with that program, because when you turn on that tape of that defense, holy yeah, yeah, they are flying well.
Speaker 5: And I'll never forget verse two years ago. Brian can touch this.
Speaker 4: He wrecked LSU in that openar yeah, and then unfortunately got hurt. But he would I mean I thought he was coming out last year and would have been a top fifteen pick.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And when you mentioned Verse, I mean, he's not super bendy.
Speaker 8: It's just enough. Yeah, it's just it's to me, it's just enough.
Speaker 7: But he he is flexible, He's not Bendy, but he's he has some flexibility, because you gotta have some flexibility to be in the two point two point stance and then go to the three point stance and then being able to move around like that.
Speaker 8: If I had to.
Speaker 7: Choose one of them as far as like I'm if you want to go do some crazy things, then you would choose Lit too, and that's fine. But if you're with d N and what it is in this league now, you're looking for somebody that can really contain that edge and be disciplined and play under control and stuff. And I'm thinking, I just think that Versus is going to be the better player there. But I will say, I do you think that people and not just the injury with lots of guys, do you think people are gonna care about the age he's four?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that's not old. But when you look at the end of a first contract, I mean, that's that's coming up later than I know. It's a different position, but Jackson powers Johnson just turned twenty one or twenty two a couple of weeks ago, so it's obviously completely different. So you have to factor in those things. I think, especially whenever you're talking about a fifth six year player, And that's part of Michael Pennix as well. Yeah, you know, do you draft him in the first round to keep him five years and go ahead and lock him down? Or are you okay with letting him push to the second third and getting him potentially on a four year deal. So it's it's things you think about.
Speaker 6: I always think about when we were here in Dallas, we drafted Terrence Newman and he was an older guy out of Kansas State, and he's like, you can't draft an older guy.
Speaker 5: And he played till he was like forty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I mean sometimes some of these sometimes you sometimes you're like and the older guy. I think with quarterbacks now, I think people are digging the fact that these guys are maybe.
Speaker 5: A little older and maybe they've played a little bit more games.
Speaker 6: Know, So I don't think that used to be where people would use that against them.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're doing that much any I think.
Speaker 4: The only position would be running back now, I'm sure not taking that different like versus twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did Terrence Newman have injury questions though? Because both Pennix and have injury history extensive ones at that Terrence supposed to fine, yeah, and he never got.
Speaker 3: I think when you pair the age with the injury history.
Speaker 6: That's that's where it's that's going to be the question for a law to That's going to be the question if if all of a sudden, we're starting to hear whispers out of the combine that you know, wow, this this this injury is you know he plays through it or it's going to be something you're gonna have to deal with down the road.
Speaker 5: Well, there here comes your faller.
Speaker 2: He was an FBS best twenty five percent pass rush win win.
Speaker 5: Rap last year.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 2: All the time he's in the backfield.
Speaker 8: I wanted to I wanted to do you.
Speaker 7: I want to ask you, guys, when you watch lat two and what he does on the edge, can you see that he was a linebacker. You see the athleticism, but also to you see I see him reading, yeah, the crap from the position, and he's he's so intriguing.
Speaker 8: I just want to ask him. I'm sorry to me to interrupt you. I want to make what I thought I.
Speaker 7: Was seeing is like he's reading consistently and I think also too it helps him with angles as well.
Speaker 8: When he's playing the run, so I just wanted to make shot.
Speaker 9: Throwing him in as a decoy is kind of interesting from a pass rush perspective because you can see him about to attack the ball and he'll drive back.
Speaker 8: He's fine.
Speaker 9: And I talked about that play here on the show that I saw at Senior Bowl during the practices where he was lining up coming off of the left edge, going up against the left tackle, and he was going up against Michael Pennocks and he dropped back in coverage and I think it confused Pinnix a little bit, and so Penix was like, Okay, I'll roll out. Law two won't follow me if I roll out, and he followed him step for step and then Penix had to throw it out of bounds in a practice session. So yeah, yeah, it's it's it's interesting. He's he's got those coverage knacks, and I think it'll really help if you're looking for a defender that can kind of be able to bridge the defensive front with that second level.
Speaker 2: Next scenario, Tyler Newman safety from Minnesota against Jaden Hicks, safety from Washington.
Speaker 5: These two different guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I think so forty one and forty three on Dane's list.
Speaker 5: By the way, I'm the guys I hated when you put this on there.
Speaker 4: I just texted Ryan the other night and I was like, dude, I think I was late to the party here when it comes to Washington State cap.
Speaker 5: But holy hell, is his take fun?
Speaker 4: Like him and Peyton Wilson might be the most fun I've had watching anybody during this entire draft process. This is tough because new but I think is super similar to Verse right. I think he is great in coverage. I think he comes up. He's a sure tackler. Jayden Hicks is a game breaker. Jayden Hicks to me, I put in my notes like here reminds me of a Harrison Smith Troy Paulamalu type of hybrid. I think he's a Tasmanian devil out there. He's better to me when he's around the line of scrimmage because he can just wreck plays. I think he lacks elite long speed, but he's super quick, super aware, explosive downhill tackles anything that moves. But the thing with him is he just always around the ball. Both of these guys are kind of like that. But Jaden Hicks to me just stands out like the ball finds him. I think the instincts are a little bit better. Nuban might be a better coverage guy, but you see Hicks as well playing the deep high safety. I think he had an interception on Michael Pennix this year playing that so he can cover.
Speaker 5: It's not like he can't.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna lean with Jayden Hicks here just because I think he's more of a playmaker than Nuban.
Speaker 2: Wow, does the fact that he's a late bloomer question you a little bit?
Speaker 5: I think ahead of them.
Speaker 3: That's that's fun. That's the best type of prospect right him.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no, I'm saying Jayden is a He's a tear dun He is. He's a tear close to and just the way he diagnoses and comes downhill. Now you said, are these guys two different guys? I think both of these guys have from versus. I think both can play some free safety, both can play some strong safety. But I do think that Tyler Newban could be more effective is in a nickel, uh than what I think Jayden Hicks could be. And I but I do think that Jayden Hicks has the ability to do some things and die.
Speaker 5: I think would love Jayden.
Speaker 8: Hicks immediately, immediately, immediately.
Speaker 7: You know what's so funny is like I think that Zimmer would like this guy, would like Jayden Hicks. And I think the gentleman that just left and went to Washington would really like.
Speaker 8: Yes, the way that you look at it.
Speaker 7: But in regards to the player, I mean, I think his backside disciplined Jaden and Hicks is really good. And the way he plays, it's the way he plays the run that stands out to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, That's that's what stood out to me the most.
Speaker 7: And and even when when he's not as fluid a man covers just yet like that's something you can tell he's still working.
Speaker 8: But he's he's explosive, but he's.
Speaker 7: Not quick breaking breaking to the ball like it's if that doesn't make sense like and but also to he's he's a thumper, like he's coming downhill. He's trying to make sure you know that he's there. But I do think he can show up his tackling a little bit more. But Tyler Nuben watching him and getting an idea of what he can do, he's ideal in rangey, in coverage he has good zone awareness and he's fluid.
Speaker 8: He's fluid and he can cover a lot of ground fast. The ball skills really stand.
Speaker 7: Out because he's he's baiting quarterbacks at times he's he's I mean, it's I mean, I know, I call Sidney Brown swiper. This this might be swiper for real because you don't how many times are you watching him? And you're like, how did they not?
Speaker 8: Because he's a big dude, but people don't be seeing him.
Speaker 7: But I think that takes it takes i Q to be able to do some of the things he does. I I really like I like me some Tyler Nuban and I think Jayden Hicks it could be fun, definitely if you need run support, if you need a guy to come down there and be a tone setter.
Speaker 8: But Newban I think is the more com complete player right now.
Speaker 5: From all of y'all, man, I you know what, I love both players. I really really do.
Speaker 6: Tyler Nuban to me though, I think he's one of the best safeties in the country. I mean, the awareness, the instincts, you know what others are standing still on the defense he's running, you know, like people at the Golden Gophers are not.
Speaker 5: They're they're not. They're all standing there and he's He's like, no, I'm running. I'm going.
Speaker 6: I'm going to go get the ball. He could punish ball carriers with his closing speed. He makes a ton of plays going downhill, attacking the line of scrimmage. He's not going to let the receiver make the play on him. He's going to get his eyes around. He's going to play the ball well. In the trail position. I think he covers better. And that's kind of why I would give him the nod of the other guy, because you watch and I asked you this, because I think that Hicks is more of a strong safety.
Speaker 5: I know they're interchangeable.
Speaker 6: Nowadays, and that's what and that's what Zimmer's going to look at.
Speaker 5: But I think that I think Hicks is.
Speaker 6: Really more of a strong safety, whereas Nuban is more of a free And if I had to put one back deep that can cover, I think I would go with you, but I will I'll tell you this. I did see Hicks run with guys in the slot that were faster than he did, and he carried him, and he carried him. I just think he impatched the game. Yeah, yeah, it's that's a tough call right where he is, but yeah it is.
Speaker 5: I went Nube and on the slight I like just coverage.
Speaker 9: I like Hicks's man coverage ability and being able to stick with guys at nickel or being able to even They worked and met some boundary at times as well this short season, and they moved him around. But I think when you look at range and what you want from a safety to be able to come in as an early guy, uh and play day one, I think you want to trust a guy like Tyler Nuban. I think he's my safety one. I stand on that. I think he's going to be playing in this league for a very long time. What I like to do with really fun safety prospects, and this is kind of a sick o thing that I like to do. I want to whenever they're playing single high coverage, I'll put that dot in the middle of my screen and I'll get a expo marker and I want to draw a radius around where he can affect the play from that single high coverage. Nuban, I was covering my entire laptop screen, but Nuben covered my entire screen. I mean that guy he steps up and run coverage, he can step back. I mean, his his ability to affect a play spans anywhere from twenty to twenty five yards in any given play. That's that's what I love about him. I think his instincts are phenomenal. You mentioned it. Him always moving around and always being on top of the ball. That plays into it. I love Newman, but I also love what Hicks does from a coverage standpoint. I just don't think he has the range that Nuben does. But frankly, I don't think anyone in this draft class does me.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can talk about you all mentioned instincts for both of these guys. Who has better instincts based off of what you've seen so far?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Nuban in coverage in coverage, yeah Uben, Yeah, Okay, specifically in zone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I say Nuben, I mean but that Yeah, But he's played a lot of He's.
Speaker 8: Played a lot of football.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, he's played a lot of football Minnesota, And the production just stands out to you as well, kind of lets you know, like he probably understands moreymore.
Speaker 8: He's been on the field.
Speaker 2: Of anmore Brian an incredible list top to bottom. That was a lot of fun to dive into.
Speaker 3: We've got a wild card coming up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about brock Bauers and insert name here at the tight end position.
Speaker 3: Zach Wilchuck's got a wild.
Speaker 2: Card scenario as we wrap up a would You Rather? Edition of the Draft Show right after.
Speaker 16: This, Hi Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer.
Speaker 14: Here.
Speaker 16: If you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 16: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 13: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys. Driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nonilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The fresh scout. Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped, He'll.
Speaker 2: Look full a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 10: What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 14: Hi, I'm Danny mccraie, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and SMOOTHI King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh starberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to much. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show. Boys back here on the Draft show.
Speaker 2: Got to remind you that Dallas Cowboys Game Time powered by Lenovo, the official gaming platform and community.
Speaker 3: Of the Dallas Cowboys, is here.
Speaker 2: You can sign up now to compete in Fortnite for a chance to win a VIP experience at the twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four Dallas Cowboys Draft Party.
Speaker 2: Qualifiers begin on February twenty fourth and run through the twenty eighth. Learn more and register at Dallascowboys dot Com Slash game Time. All right, we've got one more scenario we've been rolling through these would you rathers of the twenty twenty four NFL Draft class? Stacking our board with Zach Wilchuck, Nick Harris Brian brought us Ayisha Morrison, I'm Kyle Yeomens with Chris Beaman the back and Zach.
Speaker 3: You've got one more scenario you want to throw at us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just for fun. I mean I brought Bowers, the tight end out of Georgia, who. I think that is probably a top ten type of pick that everybody loves. And I think since his freshman year we've kind of looked at him as an elite tight end prospects number.
Speaker 3: Five on Dane's Top one hundred.
Speaker 4: By the way, Orgitavian Sanders, the wide receiver out of Texas. Local kid went to Dent and Ryan we all got to cover him in high school, actually played defensive end at Ryan. I wasn't sure if he'd stay there, but he wanted to play offense. I mean, the dudis us an absolute freak show. Now Bowers is incredible. I mean, it's like any way to get the ball in his hands first ever back to back John Mackie Award winner. Can line him up in the slot out wide in line. The question for me is, and he's a willing blocker, but you want a guy that can set the edge for you at tight end, and that is not only a up and in the passing game, but also in the blocking game. And the best tight ends in today's NFL do this. You look at Kelsey, you look at Kittle, go down the list. They can block, and I think Jatavian Sanders is a better blocker out of Texas, out of Texas than brock Bowers out of Georgia. And he can also make plays over the middle of the field. You know, there's no question Bowers in terms of long speed, is a better playmaker with the ball in his hands. But Jatavian Sanders, I think gives you everything. If you talk about the most complete tight end in the draft, and that's kind of some of the arguments we've been having with these. I would lean with JT. Sanders over brock Bowers. I think brock Bowers in the passing game far superior player when you combine the receiving ability and the blocking ability. I really love what I see in Jatavian Sanders.
Speaker 10: By the way, Brockower, alright, alright.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Jatavian Sanders is number fifty on Dane's list, So you and Dane would have a conversation about.
Speaker 4: It, like there's no, there's no I mean Bowers is going to go ahead of Jatavion Sanders, but just projecting ahead four years, five years from now where you like the most the better player, because I mean, like Kyle Pitts, we all loved Kyle Pitts and maybe this is a product of the offense he's playing, but he has not lived up to that top ten expectation. Jatavian Sanders is a guy that's going to go later that I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a better NFL tight end than brock Bowers.
Speaker 8: Is it a lot of it because of the size, A.
Speaker 4: Lot of it's but it's the blocking. To me, it's just it's the all around player. It's being able to set the edge in the run game. But also I kind of get a little verse to it. Yeah, I think he can run the I think he can run routes. He can feast over the middle of the field. He's not going to be a game breaker when it comes to elite speed. Brock Bowers is, and brock Bowers is a fun chess piece. He's in just an offensive weapon. To me, he's kind of a borderline wide receiver is a tight end, but it's not that he's not a willing blocker. The size, though, I think, is a drastic difference between these two players.
Speaker 9: Okay, this one's tough for me because I'm biased with Jatavian Sanders because I've known him for gosh going on six years now. But I like everything you said, and man, Jitavian Sanders took some hits this year that I'd be worried brock Bower's taking, and so those I brought up those concerns on Tuesday whenever we talked about brock Bauers on this show, and you know, is the size of concern. I think that's something you definitely look at at combine and kind of see how those two guys stack up next to each other. But man, I love what Jatavian does from a physicality standpoint, and it shows and route running, it shows that at the point of the catch. I think there's a lot of things to love about Jatavian, but it's so close for me. I would take Bowers just above. But I think both of these guys are first round caliber players. I think there's definitely a chance for Jatavian Sanders to sneak into the first round.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you guys this question, then the after the catch? Is it better than is it?
Speaker 5: To you?
Speaker 6: How important is that when you get your guy run after catch, say you're tight end.
Speaker 4: I mean it's important, certainly, Okay, you have to have it, you have to have the wiggle. And Bowers is better after the catch. But it's not like Sanders is bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's the speeds the difference. But Sanders can break tackles, he can run through you. He's not quite as sudden and fl flexible as Bowers is, but I think he can.
Speaker 5: He can bounce off defenders better than Bowers can. So where would you rank them blocking? Would you put it over right? I think that's the biggest gap between them.
Speaker 4: I think that the gap in blocking with pro Sanders to Bowers is the biggest gap in their games.
Speaker 8: But what are you asking? You asking which was more important?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was asking, like, which one is more important to you right now? The fact that you have him as a blocker, the fact you have one of the best run after catch guys in the country.
Speaker 9: You're talking.
Speaker 3: The scheme fit well, And let me add another element into this.
Speaker 2: I mean you talk about possession receivers at the tight end position and how important that is.
Speaker 3: Who's the better pass catcher in general? Who has the better hands, Sanders or Bowers.
Speaker 9: I think they are right there together.
Speaker 3: There's there's not some phenomenal grabs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to me.
Speaker 6: The thing that the thing the biggest difference to me is Bowers run after catch is I think that's elite with him?
Speaker 5: It is, you know.
Speaker 6: But the thing about it is, I'm trying to think, do I is it more important me to have a more complete player, a guy that I think is elite after cats?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like that's why I leaned law to in the verse conversation.
Speaker 4: It's more important to me to have the pass rusher that can impact the passing game than the all around end in this conversation. In today's NFL, I think Sanders is a three down player. I think you might be sub and outbours in some run situations.
Speaker 7: Well, I was about to say, I guess it depends on what your room looks like, your tight end room looks like, because I think we are starting to see more teams have not a committee of tight ends, but one typically can do something better than the other and vice versa or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 8: Now, if you got to that can block, well I'm jealous, but uh, I mean, but are and are.
Speaker 7: Still able to be receiving threats. But I do also it extends to your play calling because when you can have guys act like they're blocking and then they can slip with their actual threats, like real threats, they're not just there for decoration.
Speaker 8: I do think it puts a lot.
Speaker 7: Of pressure on defenses to have to get after it and to deal with those guys that are able to block effectively, and also to slip into slip into the second level one and do some things.
Speaker 6: Where Bowers has a chance is he has to block on the move.
Speaker 5: He's not gonna Sanders could play in line. Bowers doesn't play in line. That's the problem right there.
Speaker 6: If you want an in line and want to talk about in line next to the tackle, you know, he he's Sanders's he could do that.
Speaker 5: Bowers to me, when you put him on the move on the.
Speaker 6: Edge, when he could run with somebody and play in space that way, I think that's where he's better.
Speaker 5: You know, he has to be on the move.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's gonna sit there and hammer anybody playing in line.
Speaker 5: So do you.
Speaker 7: Forfeit the dynamic playmaking ability for the block the lack of block that's hard.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to throw it out there, like I had Bowers. Everybody's gonna have him number one. I mean, in my stack, I'm gonna have Bowers and Sanders. I'm gonna have Bowers ahead of him. But I do think to Tavian Sanders is a little bit closer. And I think overall, when you look at just the best, most complete tight end of the draft, you can make a case he's that.
Speaker 2: Could you see a chance or a scenario where Bowers falls out of the top ten and Sanders sneaks into the first round if that's the case, because if he's still stacked one two, but there are these questions on how he does perform as a blocker, how he does perform in line. Will you maybe see a hesitation from teams to take him in the top ten?
Speaker 3: And then if Jatavian Sanders.
Speaker 2: Is that complete prospect that he is, maybe instead of being in the fifties where Dane has him right now, he sneaks up inside the top thirty two.
Speaker 5: Or is just such an offensive weapon.
Speaker 4: I do think that a team's just gonna fall in love with him and say, hell, let's do this. But yeah, I don't see him falling out of the top fifteen. Ye I think you could get the three quarterbacks and a run on offensive tackles. So maybe he does slip out of the top ten, but I think Sanders could sneak himself.
Speaker 5: Into the back of the first round. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: My first line of my report was that loved Kyle Pitts from the twenty twenty one NFL Draft, and I feel like this guy's a similar player but slightly better.
Speaker 3: Oh you think he's better that.
Speaker 5: I think it's better than Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 9: How many times have you been able to look at a tight end prospers coming out into the draft and say that this guy is a threat pre snap, like you have to. You have to account for him the moment he steps between the lines.
Speaker 5: Kyle Pitts is that guy? Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 9: You probably can't say many on your two hands, and Brock Bowers is definitely one of those.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 9: You see what Georgia did as far as getting him free releases and getting him going in the receiving game as the as his career went on. It's he's so dangerous as an offensive weapon. It's it's so tough to be sweeps.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's rare.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think if I had to put it, even knowing what happened in the NFL career, I think I liked Kyle Pitts better than I like Brock Bauers. But both are elite prospects in their own right, and they they they certainly of course haven't seen that from Kyle Pitts in Georgia. We saw it during brock Powers time at the University of Georgia, and.
Speaker 3: We'll see how it turns to the Well, I hate that Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 8: It's just one of the downsides.
Speaker 7: Of of this, of this in general, is like I really have a huge gripe WISZ player development and things like that when this time stuff happens.
Speaker 8: But I'm just not gonna go today you.
Speaker 5: Got to coach the lost his job because of it. So you're not the only one that feels that way.
Speaker 2: There you go, Look, wo would you rather today? Sending you into the long weekend with.
Speaker 3: Uh with a little bit of draft point talk, what uh We're done?
Speaker 8: I know that Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Monday's off President's Day.
Speaker 9: I will not be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not gonna be in the building. So okay, we'll see how guess we'll see you on Tuesday, though, back here for the Draft show.
Speaker 9: We're not missing one of these.
Speaker 3: Though we are not.
Speaker 2: We will be back on Tuesday, eleven am Central Time to break it all down for you for Zach Walchuck, Nick, Harris, Brian brought us I us Sham Morrison and Chris Beaming the backup Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 5: We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.